PDA

View Full Version : Bronco fans that think Rivers is better

Spider
12-27-2008, 01:12 PM
lets see who you are ......

lex
12-27-2008, 01:18 PM
Youve already biased youre poll by calling out those who like Rivers in your thread title. Well done! LOL

go_broncos
12-27-2008, 01:19 PM
Right now Rivers is better..

He is the best QB in AFC.

Dagmar
12-27-2008, 01:28 PM

http://tlow2929.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/manning-sprint.jpg
"No"

go_broncos
12-27-2008, 01:32 PM
http://tlow2929.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/manning-sprint.jpg
"No"

I am talking about this season.

Indy won some games due to their defense.

Tell me a game..SD won due to their defense.

Spider
12-27-2008, 01:39 PM
Youve already biased youre poll by calling out those who like Rivers in your thread title. Well done! LOL

duh .......... Genius , everyone here with an IQ over 80 knows I am biased ....but way to go http://www.crashonmyhead.com/captain_obvious.jpg

Spider
12-27-2008, 01:41 PM

So Montana was a better Qb then Elway given any season Montana played ?
Jim Kelly ?
Phil Simms ?
Dan No Ringo ?

Florida_Bronco
12-27-2008, 01:49 PM

So if you were Pay Bowlen, you'd trade Jay Cutler for Rivers?

Taco John
12-27-2008, 01:49 PM
Rivers is an efficient quarterback, but I wouldn't call him "better" by any stretch. Cutler is the whole package. Rivers would be nothing if he were playing for a team like the Seahawks or Bills.

elsid13
12-27-2008, 01:56 PM
Were is SOB option????

Natedogg
12-27-2008, 01:56 PM
Rivers throws like a girl.

Blueflame
12-27-2008, 02:00 PM
The only thing Rivers is better than Cutler at... is running his mouth.

Spider
12-27-2008, 02:09 PM
LOL Lex cracks me up ......... Looks like my reputation for inviting people with different point of views for open debates with me is tarnished ... Hilarious!

Jason in LA
12-27-2008, 02:17 PM
Oh no, not another Cutler vs. Rivers thread. Yikes!

;D

The Big E
12-27-2008, 02:19 PM

I hate to stick up for Melonhead, but he has found ways to perform and win with diminished talent around him. All I hear is that he is the leading candidate for MVP,and while that makes me throw up in my mouth just a bit, he is a legit candidate. Certainly moreso than the QB of an underachieving team with 7 wins. But I ask you, why on earth am I entering a discussion about two of my least favorite players in the league?

DaFace
12-27-2008, 02:20 PM
You should have given a non-Broncos fan option.

Spider
12-27-2008, 02:21 PM
You should have given a non-Broncos fan option.

as if I care what non Bronco fans think ...........

Spider
12-27-2008, 02:21 PM
Oh no, not another Cutler vs. Rivers thread. Yikes!

;D

but this one is the best thread ;D

DaFace
12-27-2008, 02:24 PM
as if I care what non Bronco fans think ...........

Oh, you don't have to care. But now I've screwed up our poll. Sorry about that.

Spider
12-27-2008, 02:28 PM
Oh, you don't have to care. But now I've screwed up our poll. Sorry about that.

no you didnt 4 have voted Cutler is better , some idiot chimed in with a vote making it 5 ......... not hard

Florida_Bronco
12-27-2008, 02:29 PM
but this one is the best thread ;D

Only because you throat punched the others.

Spider
12-27-2008, 02:30 PM

there ya go nit picking everything I do ;D

Spider
12-27-2008, 02:31 PM
make that 3 and 2 idiots that cant read ..........

Florida_Bronco
12-27-2008, 02:37 PM
there ya go nit picking everything I do ;D

I'm like a wife without the boobs.

Spider
12-27-2008, 02:38 PM
I'm like a wife without the boobs.

ok I am so turned on ........ busy later ? ;D

DaFace
12-27-2008, 02:40 PM
no you didnt 4 have voted Cutler is better , some idiot chimed in with a vote making it 5 ......... not hard

Damn. You sure showed me. Ouch.

(What is it with this place? Is everyone secretly..."overcompensating" or something? It's honestly seems to be tough to have an intelligent conversation around here unless you're just agreeing with everyone else.)

Spider
12-27-2008, 02:42 PM
Damn. You sure showed me. Ouch.

(What is it with this place? Is everyone secretly..."overcompensating" or something? It's honestly seems to be tough to have an intelligent conversation around here unless you're just agreeing with everyone else.)

meh ..... why would we want to have anything to do with you at all ? ......
come back during the off season

Northman
12-27-2008, 02:53 PM

Tell me a game where Denver won with defense. Your an idiot.

DaFace
12-27-2008, 02:55 PM
meh ..... why would we want to have anything to do with you at all ? ......
come back during the off season

I dunno. I generally enjoy the opposing fans' contributions on the Chiefs sites I frequent as much if not more than other Chiefs fans honestly. It gets old when everyone agrees with you all the time. But whatever you're into I guess.

Spider
12-27-2008, 02:58 PM
I dunno. I generally enjoy the opposing fans' contributions on the Chiefs sites I frequent as much if not more than other Chiefs fans honestly. It gets old when everyone agrees with you all the time. But whatever you're into I guess.

you will not run into that everyone agreeing here problem ......

Spider
12-27-2008, 02:59 PM

well there was that one time back in 77 ;D but i guess that doesnt count

Broncoman13
12-27-2008, 03:00 PM
Anybody thinking the two are even close should consider that opposing defenses have done their best to focus on containing LT and making Rivers beat them. So far he's put up some good numbers but won only 7 games... Cutler on the other hand has been the focus of every defense we've faced and he's still putting up numbers and wins despite a historically dismal defense and a running game that has featured about 10 different starters!

Spider
12-27-2008, 03:02 PM
only 2 bronco fans say Rivers is better ....................the rest are mere pond scum

go_broncos
12-27-2008, 03:02 PM

It did not.

I am comparing Indy and SD.

Northman
12-27-2008, 03:06 PM
It did not.

I am comparing Indy and SD.

Yet at the same time you voted for rivers when Denver's defense is far worse than SD's? Give me a break. I dont mind the fact that you love Rivers but bring a better arguement than that.

Oh, and Spidey. There is still one name missing from that pro-rivers vote. Lets see if the clown has the sack to put his name too it.

baja
12-27-2008, 03:07 PM

Ya know you make constant reference to that. is that something you admire officer?

Spider
12-27-2008, 03:08 PM
Oh, and Spidey. There is still one name missing from that pro-rivers vote. Lets see if the clown has the sack to put his name too it.

LOL .......

Florida_Bronco
12-27-2008, 03:34 PM
Ya know you make constant reference to that. is that something you admire officer?

Well, throat punching is a running joke around here by many, not just me.

But since you asked, yes. I wish I could throat punch as well as Spider.

oubronco
12-27-2008, 03:42 PM
Rivers is an assshat

baja
12-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Well, throat punching is a running joke around here by many, not just me.

But since you asked, yes. I wish I could throat punch as well as Spider.

So the fact the punch was so effective it almost killed the guy is what you admire and a 'skill' you wish you had.

You have what i call the cop personality.

Florida_Bronco
12-27-2008, 03:52 PM
So the fact the punch was so effective it almost killed the guy is what you admire and a 'skill' you wish you had.

You have what i call the cop personality.

Thank you sir. ;D

baja
12-27-2008, 03:59 PM
It's not a complement. ;D

SportinOne
12-27-2008, 04:10 PM

go sit in a corner

Play2win
12-27-2008, 04:23 PM
go sit in a corner

Don't you find it ironic, or idiotic, or moronic that a guy with the label "go broncos" is supporting our rival's QB...

SportinOne
12-27-2008, 04:33 PM
Don't you find it ironic, or idiotic, or moronic that a guy with the label "go broncos" is supporting our rival's QB...

No. If Rivers was ACTUALLY better it'd be fine. Heck, even in reality, as long as he had reasons to support the claim, let him have his opinion.

But to first say that Rivers is better than Cutler, and then go on to say that he's better than Peyton FREAKING Manning... are you kidding?

Play2win
12-27-2008, 04:40 PM
No. If Rivers was ACTUALLY better it'd be fine. Heck, even in reality, as long as he had reasons to support the claim, let him have his opinion.

But to first say that Rivers is better than Cutler, and then go on to say that he's better than Peyton FREAKING Manning... are you kidding?

I would still support my guy... but thats just me... thats the thing we all have our different viewpoints... we all watch the same TV feeds (unless you get your hands on some good tape)... Oh, well, all I can do is say "GO BRONCO" and really mean it... :)

Florida_Bronco
12-27-2008, 05:07 PM
It's not a complement. ;D

Are you sure? I'll have to check the police brutality desk reference on that.

baja
12-27-2008, 05:13 PM
There some great cops out there I've met several but if you suck up to someone because he is quick to beat up someone that rubs him the wrong way than there is a good chance you are not one of them.

Florida_Bronco
12-27-2008, 05:18 PM
There some great cops out there I've met several but if you suck up to someone because he is quick to beat up someone that rubs him the wrong way than there is a good chance you are not one of them.

I just call it "going above and beyond the call of duty" :approve:

baja
12-27-2008, 05:21 PM
There was another cop that liked to do this, Steve Tenissi in the WRP forum, I find this a interesting if not telling practice.

Florida_Bronco
12-27-2008, 05:23 PM
There was another cop that liked to do this, Steve Tenissi in the WRP forum, I find this a interesting if not telling practice.

I have an autographed 8x10 of him. Oddly enough, he was beating up some guy with a baton.

baja
12-27-2008, 05:30 PM
Well I'll hope you are a good cop it's a tough job and very tough to keep the perspective of "Serve and Protect" with all the pervs you deal with on a regular basis. I'm sure it's a gut check every day.

SportinOne
12-27-2008, 08:02 PM
The main gripe that I personally have (sorry for butting in on your conversation), is that, especially in the midwest, the police force is largely made up of the guys in high school who just never wanted to leave town, never persued any sort of higher education than was necessary to wear the badge, and have such a small/close-minded, twisted outlook on the world that it really makes you cringe. Even the ones who are "good guys" just really don't get the big picture.... in my opinion at least.

Spider
12-27-2008, 08:06 PM
LOL pathetic sparklers fan voting in this poll .........

Florida_Bronco
12-27-2008, 08:10 PM
The main gripe that I personally have (sorry for butting in on your conversation), is that, especially in the midwest, the police force is largely made up of the guys in high school who just never wanted to leave town, never persued any sort of higher education than was necessary to wear the badge, and have such a small/close-minded, twisted outlook on the world that it really makes you cringe. Even the ones who are "good guys" just really don't get the big picture.... in my opinion at least.

So you have a gripe with people who like where they live and don't want to spend the time/commitment to pursue education that is not needed in their chosen profession? ???

While I can understand the sentiment (as it pertains to cops) but honestly, how many people are going to go after more (formal) education than is required get where they want to be in life? Just about no one, cop or not.

But then again, maybe that's just Wisconsin. I have my own gripes about the law enforcement field in Florida, and am looking elsewhere for opportunities.

baja
12-27-2008, 08:12 PM
What are your gripes Florida Bronco?

TonyR
12-27-2008, 08:20 PM
So if you were Pay Bowlen, you'd trade Jay Cutler for Rivers?

Thinking Rivers is better now doesn't necessarily mean you'd trade Cutler for him. You might think Cutler has more upside and will develop into a better QB.

Florida_Bronco
12-27-2008, 08:27 PM
What are your gripes Florida Bronco?

Well to start off, the hiring practices in this state (with the exception of the Broward and Dade county areas) is completely screwed up. None of the departments here have in house academies, and very few will pay for you to take the academy at a local community college.

On top of that, many departments are now wanting you to have 60 college credits minimum. That's 2 years of college to put yourself through, then 5 and a half months of academy for the possibility of getting your into this career. I saw a statistic that something like only 40% of those who graduated the academy were actually hired within 2 years.

That's way too much to invest in something that is only a 40% chance of coming true in the end.

Now in most parts of the country, each individual agency has their own academy or sends you to another agencies academy, or even a state run academy. You go through the hiring process, and if you make the cut then you proceed on to the academy, usually getting paid in the process. Whatever investment you make comes with a much greater chance of success.

Also in Florida, there are wayyyyy too many agencies. There are 14 in my county, including the Sheriff's Office. All 14 departments are fairly small and you run into jurisdiction issues and so forth.

That's the main gripes.

Blueflame
12-27-2008, 08:28 PM
Thinking Rivers is better now doesn't necessarily mean you'd trade Cutler for him. You might think Cutler has more upside and will develop into a better QB.

I think Cutler's team has a chance of adding a Lombardi to the trophy case eventually... and I think the window is closing for Rivers' talented but aging team. Watching NFL Replay tonight reinforced my opinion that at this point in time, I'm more afraid of Sproles than of LT.

Inkana7
12-27-2008, 09:39 PM
Sproles was a manchild against us. After that game I considered picking him up in FF. But they the Chargers repaid him by giving him like 2 carries a game.

bronco militia
12-27-2008, 09:49 PM
at this point, rivers is better.

but I'm happy with Cutler

Popps
12-27-2008, 11:09 PM
Rivers is a better all-around QB right now. But, he's playing at his peak. Cutler is playing to about 65% of his potential. If Jay puts it all together, he's got Hall of Fame talent. But, right now... he's got to learn how to pocket games like last week against Buffalo. Three easy INTs in the final 10 minutes of the game (only one actually picked) isn't going to get it, whether we had no running game or not.

Jay needs to carry himself properly and lead his team. He also needs to keep his mechanics in check. When he goes into mopey-mode, he tends to fall back on his back foot and throw flat-footed.

So, Cutler has much more upside. He's just a better athlete and shows flashes of being a complete QB. Right now, blame it on what you want... but Rivers is the more complete pro and commands more respect than does Jay.

Again, this weekend is the perfect time for Cutler to prove that he's making real strides.

Donk
12-27-2008, 11:30 PM
Well to start off, the hiring practices in this state (with the exception of the Broward and Dade county areas) is completely screwed up. None of the departments here have in house academies, and very few will pay for you to take the academy at a local community college.

On top of that, many departments are now wanting you to have 60 college credits minimum. That's 2 years of college to put yourself through, then 5 and a half months of academy for the possibility of getting your into this career. I saw a statistic that something like only 40% of those who graduated the academy were actually hired within 2 years.

That's way too much to invest in something that is only a 40% chance of coming true in the end.

Now in most parts of the country, each individual agency has their own academy or sends you to another agencies academy, or even a state run academy. You go through the hiring process, and if you make the cut then you proceed on to the academy, usually getting paid in the process. Whatever investment you make comes with a much greater chance of success.

Also in Florida, there are wayyyyy too many agencies. There are 14 in my county, including the Sheriff's Office. All 14 departments are fairly small and you run into jurisdiction issues and so forth.

That's the main gripes.
So are you a cop.

SportinOne
12-28-2008, 04:55 AM
So you have a gripe with people who like where they live and don't want to spend the time/commitment to pursue education that is not needed in their chosen profession? ???

I don't mean taking extra classes for the sake of taking extra classes. Maybe formal education isn't the right phrase to begin with. What i am talking about is a severe lack of interest in learning more about the world and people in general.

Yes, i have a problem with people who never leave home and think that the entire world operates the way it does in their little village/town/city. At the very least, pick up a book on cultural anthropology or something.. anything.. Some may say, "Well, that's just not some peoples' taste. Some people don't like that sort of thing." But the key word here is: people. How can that NOT light some sort of spark in you? How do you go through life learning only what is fed to you on the nightly news or ESPN?

It is my opinion that this sort of learning may help alleviate some of the racial problems that we have with our officers. And if the officers don't want to do it on their own time, maybe it should be something that is provided for them free of cost. And i mean a real program, not some "sensitivity training" bullcrap that gets forced on them which they, in turn, come to resent.

Eldorado
12-28-2008, 07:14 AM

That, and you might be ****ing stupid.

:pimp:

Spider
12-28-2008, 08:38 AM
I am shocked this poll is so close ..........

Orange_Beard
12-28-2008, 08:39 AM
Cutler.

Florida_Bronco
12-28-2008, 12:42 PM
I don't mean taking extra classes for the sake of taking extra classes. Maybe formal education isn't the right phrase to begin with. What i am talking about is a severe lack of interest in learning more about the world and people in general.

Yes, i have a problem with people who never leave home and think that the entire world operates the way it does in their little village/town/city. At the very least, pick up a book on cultural anthropology or something.. anything.. Some may say, "Well, that's just not some peoples' taste. Some people don't like that sort of thing." But the key word here is: people. How can that NOT light some sort of spark in you? How do you go through life learning only what is fed to you on the nightly news or ESPN?

It is my opinion that this sort of learning may help alleviate some of the racial problems that we have with our officers. And if the officers don't want to do it on their own time, maybe it should be something that is provided for them free of cost. And i mean a real program, not some "sensitivity training" bullcrap that gets forced on them which they, in turn, come to resent.

You're definetly a college student all right. ;D

Bronx33
12-28-2008, 12:45 PM
If they have had the same amount of time playing/in the league as starters it would easier to make an educated vote.

phillybroncosnut
12-28-2008, 03:17 PM
Cutler is the better player.... Rivers is surrounded by much better talent.

DHallblows
12-28-2008, 05:17 PM
Sorry to piss off everyone here, but Rivers is better right now. 2 extra years in the league helps. I find it hard to believe everyone is SO biased, it should be slightly closer, even on a Broncos board. Give Jay 2 more years and he'll be better, but we're comparing 5th and 3rd year players in the position where time in the league is the most important.
Jay Cutler WILL be the better QB by the end of their careers.

OBF1
12-28-2008, 06:40 PM
If tonights any indication, It is clear who is better and playing for a better team.

Lidderer
12-28-2008, 06:44 PM
i may have been wrong about 'clutch' not existing

enjolras
12-28-2008, 06:53 PM
Sorry to piss off everyone here, but Rivers is better right now. 2 extra years in the league helps. I find it hard to believe everyone is SO biased, it should be slightly closer, even on a Broncos board. Give Jay 2 more years and he'll be better, but we're comparing 5th and 3rd year players in the position where time in the league is the most important.
Jay Cutler WILL be the better QB by the end of their careers.

QB's don't make appreciable jumps from year 3 to year 5. Elway was incredible nearly from the start. Manning went 3-13 his first year and 13-3 the next.

I'm HUGELY concerned about Cutler. Every time I express it I get shouted down on the board, but it doesn't change the facts. Cutler has great tools, but honestly from what I can tell he is a pouty and immature child. I don't see a lot of respect from his team mates either. Elway led his team, I'm not convinced Cutler can do that.

That said, I think exactly the same thing applies to Rivers.

toad
12-29-2008, 05:12 AM
As much as it pains me to say it, Rivers is far superiour right now and, IMO, if you say otherwise you've got heavily tinted orange glasses. Heck, this year Rivers has arguably been the best QB in the entire NFL.

Rivers far exceeds Cutler in both stats and wins (and this year he hasn't, per se, had that much more to work with considering SD's slumping team), and I also see tons of intangibles that Rivers far exceeds Cutler in (decision making, leadership, etc). Yes, Rivers is a hot-head but at times Cutler appears a pouter that doesn't care...what would you rather have?

Sure he held the clipboard for 2 years but, in reality, he only has a 1/2 season more starting experience over Cutler.

Cutler has better physical tools - stronger arm, better feet, etc....but right now Rivers is simply the better QB.

STRONGER ARM AND BETTER "MECHANICS" DON'T NECESSARILY EQUATE TO "BETTER QB."

Garcia Bronco
12-29-2008, 06:57 AM
Cutler has the better physical skills, but rivers is more accurate and a smarter QB. It's just that simple.

Mountain Bronco
12-29-2008, 08:30 AM
More touchdown passes. Less critical mistakes. Playoff appearences.

Do I need to go on. Jay has far more potential, but that doesn't mean squat.

Irish Stout
12-29-2008, 08:31 AM
An interesting thing I heard from last nights game and had seen somewhere before, but SD has the highest passes on target caught in the NFL and the Denver Broncos are in the bottom three. It really has amazed me this year how many drops we've seen from everyone - Royal last night having two slip over his head, Stoke against Buffalo, BMarsh every single game. Our best receivers have not helped Cutler out as much as the SD receivers have helped Rivers. Personally I think we have a better QB and better WRs, but this season they didn't match up to phyllis and his goons, simply cause his goons caught the ball and our boys dropped it.

Also, I'm glad the season is over because the play calling in the last 4 games where we'd be 2nd or 3rd and long and we'd make a quick throw behind the line of scrimmage (like that pick) was making me seriously question whether it was worth living. Next season Jay, Bates, Shanny, please please please throw it up field or set up better screen passes... don't just dump it off to a WR behind the line. That only worked like 2 times out of 50.

The Lone Bolt
12-29-2008, 08:47 AM
Wow. Even after last night's performance by Jay "Overthrow" Cutler, the majority of you guys still think he is better than one of the league's top rated QBs.

Talk about rampant homerism.::)

Spider
12-29-2008, 09:02 AM
Cutler was and is still is the better QB , Rivers didnt out play Cutler by any stretch of the imagination , Rivers out played our Defense , well more like Sproles did , but thats fr another thread ........... Only bad on Cutler was the pick in the endzone .......That was because of too much faith in his arm and B marsh to fight for the Ball ..........

Peoples Champ
12-29-2008, 09:05 AM
Cutler was and is still is the better QB , Rivers didnt out play Cutler by any stretch of the imagination , Rivers out played our Defense , well more like Sproles did , but thats fr another thread ........... Only bad on Cutler was the pick in the endzone .......That was because of too much faith in his arm and B marsh to fight for the Ball ..........

Remember, Rivers has a great run game. A lot of his passes were set up by the play action and the great run game they have. We had to put 8 in the box to stop LT, then Rivers had his ways like stealing candy from a baby.

On the other side, Cutler had no run game (even though tatum had 2 tds), we totally abandon the run at times and ran most of the plays out of the shotgun. If we had Peyton Hillis back in the Singleback or I Form and his power running, Cutler would have had a field day.

Peoples Champ
12-29-2008, 09:06 AM
Wow. Even after last night's performance by Jay "Overthrow" Cutler, the majority of you guys still think he is better than one of the league's top rated QBs.

Talk about rampant homerism.::)

See post 81. Its scary to think what Cutler would do with LT in the backfield. I bet he would be better than 8-8. We had to bring Tatum Bell out of a Verizon Wireless store selling Cell Phones to suit up and take the carries.

ZONA
12-29-2008, 09:18 AM

You're a retard dude. Did you forget about Peyton Manning and Tom Brady? And yes, Cutler is a better passer too. Just because he doesn't have a good team around him doesn't mean he isn't more gifted. He has absolutely NO defense to get him the ball back and has no running game to take the pressure off him. I would love to see how Rivers would do with no running game.

BigBad
12-29-2008, 09:43 AM
Cutler just keeps showing his leadership skills. Now hw throws his defense under the bus.(Not that it isnt true) But leaders NEVER say things like this.

“These guys?” the Pro Bowl quarterback asked, gesturing to the players celebrating behind him. “San Diego? No, I don’t think so. I think Indy’ll handle ‘em pretty good. We really can’t stop anybody, and that’s the bottom line.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AqldIkO2KtMbrwje2eM4Iqg5nYcB?slug=ms-morningrush122908&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Peoples Champ
12-29-2008, 09:51 AM
You're a retard dude. Did you forget about Peyton Manning and Tom Brady? And yes, Cutler is a better passer too. Just because he doesn't have a good team around him doesn't mean he isn't more gifted. He has absolutely NO defense to get him the ball back and has no running game to take the pressure off him. I would love to see how Rivers would do with no running game.

I would love to see what Cutler would do with LT in the backfield.

I would love to see what Cutler would do with any starting RB that can stay healthy a year, or even half a year.

I garuntee those PA passes would be wide open just like River's WR/TE were yesterday.

Bolts_Rule_AFC_West
12-29-2008, 10:11 AM
Rivers is an efficient quarterback, but I wouldn't call him "better" by any stretch. Cutler is the whole package. Rivers would be nothing if he were playing for a team like the Seahawks or Bills.
Cutler is the whole package? More like the whole tool. This is so wrong, its near senseless to argue. Where is the leadership? Cussing at receivers, throwing teammates under the bus and refusing to give credit to the team that just beat the crap out of you? Oye... you got problems with that guy!
The only thing Rivers is better than Cutler at... is running his mouth.
If you watched the interviews last night, you would of seen Rivers taking the high road and Cutler extending the myth that he was an innocent victim of Rivers taunts. Jay is lucky ESPN didn't catch his crotch grabbing act. He's a sore loser.

As much as it pains me to say it, Rivers is far superiour right now and, IMO, if you say otherwise you've got heavily tinted orange glasses. Heck, this year Rivers has arguably been the best QB in the entire NFL.

Rivers far exceeds Cutler in both stats and wins (and this year he hasn't, per se, had that much more to work with considering SD's slumping team), and I also see tons of intangibles that Rivers far exceeds Cutler in (decision making, leadership, etc). Yes, Rivers is a hot-head but at times Cutler appears a pouter that doesn't care...what would you rather have?

Sure he held the clipboard for 2 years but, in reality, he only has a 1/2 season more starting experience over Cutler.

Cutler has better physical tools - stronger arm, better feet, etc....but right now Rivers is simply the better QB.

STRONGER ARM AND BETTER "MECHANICS" DON'T NECESSARILY EQUATE TO "BETTER QB."
Congrats to you for having open eyes.

oubronco
12-29-2008, 10:15 AM
Remember, Rivers has a great run game. A lot of his passes were set up by the play action and the great run game they have. We had to put 8 in the box to stop LT, then Rivers had his ways like stealing candy from a baby.

On the other side, Cutler had no run game (even though tatum had 2 tds), we totally abandon the run at times and ran most of the plays out of the shotgun. If we had Peyton Hillis back in the Singleback or I Form and his power running, Cutler would have had a field day.

Tatum had 8 carries at times my arse of course they got so far behind so quickly it kinda predicated it

Bolts_Rule_AFC_West
12-29-2008, 10:17 AM

Dude, you're smarter than this... Check the stats. Cutler had more run support ALL YEAR LONG. Last night, your rushing attack accounted for as many scores as Cutler's INT's. I know you guys are upset, but come on! Open your eyes!

Consider this:
Perhaps Rivers gets better play out of his receivers because they respect him? I saw Brandon Marshall search out Rivers to congratulate him last night. Any chance Brandon wishes he were a Charger? ...or better still, that Rivers were a Bronco?

oubronco
12-29-2008, 10:17 AM
Cutler is the whole package? More like the whole tool. This is so wrong, its near senseless to argue. Where is the leadership? Cussing at receivers, throwing teammates under the bus and refusing to give credit to the team that just beat the crap out of you? Oye... you got problems with that guy!

If you watched the interviews last night, you would of seen Rivers taking the high road and Cutler extending the myth that he was an innocent victim of Rivers taunts. Jay is lucky ESPN didn't catch his crotch grabbing act. He's a sore loser.

Congrats to you for having open eyes.

you my friend are an Idiot let Cutler play against this Defense for all the marbles and see what your Qb would've done against your D

Bolts_Rule_AFC_West
12-29-2008, 10:24 AM
you my friend are an Idiot let Cutler play against this Defense for all the marbles and see what your Qb would've done against your D
You miss the point. I'm talking about leadership skills. This is the worst part of Jay's game and the strongest point of Rivers' game. Sorry, but at this point, there is no comparison.

But on your point, the Chargers have been getting torched by nearly every QB in the league this year.

Peoples Champ
12-29-2008, 10:32 AM
Tatum had 8 carries at times my arse of course they got so far behind so quickly it kinda predicated it

Yes, but we opened up in the Shotgun, and a lot of our runs came out of the shotgun. They have done this the last couple games. I want to get back to Bronco football with I formation and Single back, but you need a solid RB for that, we ran out of RB's. Notice when we had Hillis back there how good our offense was, and we actually won a game or two.

Merlin
12-29-2008, 10:38 AM
This is the worst part of Jay's game and the strongest point of Rivers' game. Sorry, but at this point, there is no comparison.
I'm on record for having little respect for Rivers' game, but this point at this time stands without question. In fact, since the playoffs last yr River's has shown very good leadership qualities. Cutler has them, but at the moment he lets his immaturity get the best of him. I expect in the 2-3 yrs people will be talking about his leadership and Rivers' will be thrown under the bus by his fans since he will stink with the lack of running game and poor coaching (assuming they continue in their path or poor coaching).

Boltjolt
12-29-2008, 04:56 PM
Rivers is a better all-around QB right now. But, he's playing at his peak. Cutler is playing to about 65% of his potential. If Jay puts it all together, he's got Hall of Fame talent. But, right now... he's got to learn how to pocket games like last week against Buffalo. Three easy INTs in the final 10 minutes of the game (only one actually picked) isn't going to get it, whether we had no running game or not.

Jay needs to carry himself properly and lead his team. He also needs to keep his mechanics in check. When he goes into mopey-mode, he tends to fall back on his back foot and throw flat-footed.

So, Cutler has much more upside. He's just a better athlete and shows flashes of being a complete QB. Right now, blame it on what you want... but Rivers is the more complete pro and commands more respect than does Jay.

Again, this weekend is the perfect time for Cutler to prove that he's making real strides.

Rivers is at his peak? As a 3rd year starter? Are you serious :rofl:

Get used to this. Rivers is going to be an elite QB in this league for a long time.

Cutler is 2nd only to Favre in INT's this season.
Being a Bronco board im not surprised but the truth is, Rivers is by far and away a better QB than Cutler right now. Cutler still locks on to his targets and forces throws because he is in love with his arm. And Cutler still hasnt had a winning season as a starting QB since his senior year in High School....and he is a punk.

Spider
12-29-2008, 05:06 PM
Rivers is at his peak? As a 3rd year starter? Are you serious :rofl:

Get used to this. Rivers is going to be an elite QB in this league for a long time.

Cutler is 2nd only to Favre in INT's this season.
Being a Bronco board im not surprised but the truth is, Rivers is by far and away a better QB than Cutler right now. Cutler still locks on to his targets and forces throws because he is in love with his arm. And Cutler still hasnt had a winning season as a starting QB since his senior year in High School....and he is a punk.

LOL you Charger fans are idiots , no doubt about it

Spider
12-29-2008, 05:08 PM
Dont even thinl of firing back Boltjolt, this poll was for Bronco fans , and yet you retards still voted :rofl: either you ****s dont know what team you cheer for , or you guys cant read , either way you guys are idiots

Ace7
12-29-2008, 05:12 PM
Rivers is an efficient quarterback, but I wouldn't call him "better" by any stretch. Cutler is the whole package. Rivers would be nothing if he were playing for a team like the Seahawks or the Bills.

...or the Broncos.

Punisher
12-29-2008, 05:19 PM

:spit:

Popps
01-03-2009, 08:54 PM
Pretty nice game by Rivers tonight. Hate to say it, but he plays tough.

go_broncos
01-03-2009, 09:00 PM
I am telling you..Rivers is tough..

I understand your hate against him.

But, he has a better record and their team reached playoffs in all the 3 seasons.

Punisher
01-03-2009, 09:02 PM
Pretty nice game by Rivers tonight. Hate to say it, but he plays tough.

What? That was Sproles game Rivers didn't do sh!t

Popps
01-03-2009, 09:06 PM
What? That was Sproles game Rivers didn't do sh!t

Dude, he had a great game. One bad throw, and in my opinion... would have even done better with decent play-calling.

I hate the guy, too... but he's playing very well. He had a great game.

BreesLightning
01-03-2009, 09:06 PM
This is a silly little poll. There is no comparison. Try Bett Farve this year as a more accurate comparison to Cutler.

Punisher
01-03-2009, 09:12 PM
Dude, he had a great game. One bad throw, and in my opinion... would have even done better with decent play-calling.

I hate the guy, too... but he's playing very well. He had a great game.

20/36 217 yards One Int Oh yea he had a great game. My bad he had a Classic Performance whatever

AbileneBroncoFan
01-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Rivers is an outstanding quarterback, definitely deserving of the pro bowl over Favre. He is also less of a punk than he was a year or two ago. But Cutler is already at least even with Rivers, and will only continue to get better. What you have seen this year is the best Rivers will ever do. Jay has only scratched the surface and does not have nearly as good of a supporting cast. I love to watch quarterbacks and I try to keep up with as many as I can. Cutler has more natural ability than any I have seen (but I'm too young to remember guys like Elway, Montana, Marino, etc.). He still makes young mistakes, but so does Matt Ryan, another guy who is outstanding and will be a major force in the league for many years. It comes down to this: Rivers is a better manager of a game than Cutler at the present time, but Cutler can carry an offense to a much higher degree. I have yet to see the day when Rivers comes out in an empty set shotgun formation 30 times in a game and has any type of success. Not saying he couldn't, but he's never had to. I'm sure the people that say that Rivers is better would also say that Tim Duncan is better than LeBron James (not an entirely fair comparison, but the principle is similar--the "winner" (who's always had a strong supporting cast) vs the prodigious young talent on a young team). If I have one game to win today, I would personally take Cutler, but would not fault you for choosing Rivers. If I was starting an expansion team and needed a cornerstone for my franchise for the next 15 years, I would take Cutler over Rivers, and think anyone who did not does not know how to run a team long term.

Captain 'Dre
01-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Rivers throws like a girl.

...and yet still manages to win more than a cannon-armed guy like Cutler. It's embarrassing.

stugotsII
01-03-2009, 09:55 PM

At this point I have to say Rivers is better. His record vs Cutler is far better and he's won playoff games. Cutler is yet to get there.

BigBad
01-03-2009, 10:01 PM
Rivers is an outstanding quarterback, definitely deserving of the pro bowl over Favre. He is also less of a punk than he was a year or two ago. But Cutler is already at least even with Rivers, and will only continue to get better. What you have seen this year is the best Rivers will ever do. Jay has only scratched the surface and does not have nearly as good of a supporting cast. I love to watch quarterbacks and I try to keep up with as many as I can. Cutler has more natural ability than any I have seen (but I'm too young to remember guys like Elway, Montana, Marino, etc.). He still makes young mistakes, but so does Matt Ryan, another guy who is outstanding and will be a major force in the league for many years. It comes down to this: Rivers is a better manager of a game than Cutler at the present time, but Cutler can carry an offense to a much higher degree. I have yet to see the day when Rivers comes out in an empty set shotgun formation 30 times in a game and has any type of success. Not saying he couldn't, but he's never had to. I'm sure the people that say that Rivers is better would also say that Tim Duncan is better than LeBron James (not an entirely fair comparison, but the principle is similar--the "winner" (who's always had a strong supporting cast) vs the prodigious young talent on a young team). If I have one game to win today, I would personally take Cutler, but would not fault you for choosing Rivers. If I was starting an expansion team and needed a cornerstone for my franchise for the next 15 years, I would take Cutler over Rivers, and think anyone who did not does not know how to run a team long term.

Agree with everything except picking Rivers for long term means you dont know how to run a team long term. Rivers is 1 year older than Cutler. That is it. He is MUCH more seasoned overall at one year older! The big arm is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY over rated. I would take a guy who makes smart decisions with an average NFL arm anyday.

AbileneBroncoFan
01-04-2009, 04:47 AM
Agree with everything except picking Rivers for long term means you dont know how to run a team long term. Rivers is 1 year older than Cutler. That is it. He is MUCH more seasoned overall at one year older! The big arm is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY over rated. I would take a guy who makes smart decisions with an average NFL arm anyday.

Actually, let me rephrase that. It depends more on how you want your team to be run. If you are going to run a run-heavy offense with screens and primarily quick throws of short to intermediate range, then Rivers is certainly someone you would want. But I think Jay is the better candidate for running a pass heavy, shotgun/spread type offense. When I said take someone to build your team around, I assumed if you wanted to run a running offense you would selct Adrian Peterson, but I wasn't very clear about that. My bad. Rivers is excellent at taking what a defense gives him, but Jay is better at taking something the defense doesn't give him (even if that gets him in trouble from time to time, but that will improve with age). Either way, after Peyton Manning and Tom Brady retire, I believe the discussion of best quarterback in the NFL talk will be between Jay Cutler, Matt Ryan, and Phillip Rivers. The Cutler-Rivers argument is kind of like the Brady-Manning or LeBron-Kobe argument on a smaller scale, in that regardless of which one you favor, your team is in great shape to be very successful with either one. It's kind of like debating between the F-18 and F-22. They are different machines with different specs, but either one can blow the crap out of pretty much anything they come up against.

Vladimir
01-04-2009, 06:14 AM
Cutler!!!

boltaneer
01-04-2009, 09:04 AM
Rivers played a pretty good (not great) game tonight against a very tough pass defense.

Freeny and Mathis were terrorizing the Chargers tackles. After the first couple of sacks and hits, Rivers started getting happy feet big time and started leaving the pocket too early on too many occasions and was missing receivers that were open.

The INT was a good decision as Chambers had his man beat but he just made a bad pass and should have thrown it to Chambers' outside shoulder, not his inside one.

IMO his bad decision of the night was the one that was intended for Vincent Jackson and was nearly intercepted. He threw another questionable pass near the end zone to Nannee but it wasn't that bad of a throw. He threw it up for his tall receiver to go get it.

WolfpackGuy
01-04-2009, 10:28 AM
Cutler
Rivers is going to be in BIG trouble when teams start to gameplan for HIM.

JJJ
01-04-2009, 10:56 AM
Come on is this poll for real? Rivers dominates in every single category. 20pts in passer rating is a huge difference.

Can you imagine what Rivers rating would be if he had your offensive line? Cutler has an 86 rating with getting sacked only 11 times all season. You give Rivers that much time to set up in the pocket and he would be 10 points higher. How can you boy throw that many picks with such protection?

Wins, the true measure of a quarterback, he completely dominates, especially head to head where Cutler has squeked out one illegitimate win against 5 losses. Rivers has put 40 average a game every game against the Donks.

Cutler is good and he will win a Superbowl I am convinced. But to say he is better than Rivers right now is just wrong. More potential maybe but better than Rivers up to now, no way in hell.

Captain 'Dre
01-07-2009, 10:22 PM
Cutler is good and he will win a Superbowl I am convinced. But to say he is better than Rivers right now is just wrong. More potential maybe but better than Rivers up to now, no way in hell.

Agree.

Jay has superior tools-- and it's not even close. But Rivers has accomplished more, with lesser tools.

If Rivers' advantage over Jay in number of wins wasn't convincing enough, his lead in passer rating IS.

Jay could still end up a better QB than Philip Rivers is, but he's not there yet.

maher_tyler
01-07-2009, 11:02 PM
Come on is this poll for real? Rivers dominates in every single category. 20pts in passer rating is a huge difference.

Can you imagine what Rivers rating would be if he had your offensive line? Cutler has an 86 rating with getting sacked only 11 times all season. You give Rivers that much time to set up in the pocket and he would be 10 points higher. How can you boy throw that many picks with such protection?

Wins, the true measure of a quarterback, he completely dominates, especially head to head where Cutler has squeked out one illegitimate win against 5 losses. Rivers has put 40 average a game every game against the Donks.

Having a legit running attack does wonders for an offense...look at how we were doing when Hillis was running the ball..if he would have stayed healthy shanny would still be the coach and we would have made the playoffs!!

Rock Chalk
01-07-2009, 11:20 PM

Right now, Rivers is certainly a better QB.

In the end? Rivers wont have any rings, Cutler MIGHT. I'll take Cutler over Rivers but you asked who was a better QB and you didnt specify for the timeframe so Im assuming you mean right now and I gotta go with Rivers.

Rock Chalk
01-07-2009, 11:22 PM

You cant compare head to head because SDs defense even this year when its down is miles and miles and miles better than Denver's defense. Of course Rivers is going to average 40 points a game against him, ****ing Matt Cassel threw for like a bazillion yards. MATT ****ING CASSELL.

That being said, Rivers is a better QB right now.

azbroncfan
09-15-2009, 10:24 AM
This deserves a bump right?

McDman
09-15-2009, 10:32 AM
Cutler
Rivers is going to be in BIG trouble when teams start to gameplan for HIM.

Ummmmm, I think that's already happened. LT sucked last year and Sproles is not a full time RB. They had to game plan for someone.

Peoples Champ
09-15-2009, 10:48 AM
im not gonna lie, I will say I thought Cutler was going to be a better QB, but Cutler gradually got worse, while Rivers got a little better.

But its not the only time I have been wrong about a QB, I thought Matt Leinart and Vince Young would be better then they are, but they are terrible.

BroncoBuff
09-15-2009, 10:51 AM
Rivers is better, always has been.

But, again, doesn't it seem strange that even now we talk more about Cutler than Orton? By a factor of about 3-1 .... :oyvey:

Popcorn Sutton
09-15-2009, 11:05 AM

But, again, doesn't it seem strange that even now we talk more about Cutler than Orton? By a factor of about 3-1 .... :oyvey:

I'm not sure why you are surprised by this. It was one of the biggest trades in the history of the NFL. For it or against it people will talk about it for a long time.

azbroncfan
09-15-2009, 11:22 AM
I'm not sure why you are surprised by this. It was one of the biggest trades in the history of the NFL. For it or against it people will talk about it for a long time.

Yeah right, one of the biggest hyped trades that no one will talk about in a couple years. This is just like the Bernie Kosar ran out of Cleveland by BB.

TailgateNut
09-15-2009, 11:29 AM
****ty diaper or projectile vomit?

Rock Chalk
09-15-2009, 11:33 AM
Haha I was right even back then :P

Midnight Blue
09-15-2009, 11:53 AM
No question whatsoever about it. Rivers is a better QB than Orton.

kamakazi_kal
09-15-2009, 12:19 PM
where's the "who gives a ****" option.

Peoples Champ
09-15-2009, 12:35 PM

I like this approach

jhns
09-15-2009, 12:41 PM
I vote Cutler.

Let's face facts here. I could have the same record as Rivers if I played on that team the last few years. He is a great system guy with a ton of talent around him and they still can't win anything.

DHallblows
09-15-2009, 12:43 PM

It didn't exist last December because that'd be a stupid option

Popps
09-15-2009, 12:46 PM

Wow, and flash forward to his opener with Chicago... and it's the same old ****.

Franchise my ass.

Some day? Maybe. Right now? Nowhere close.

broncocalijohn
09-15-2009, 12:51 PM
I am glad I always stood up for Rivers ability even though his throwing motion creeps me out. The worst thing was agreeing with 440Z, boltaneer and such on a subject so dear to many on the Mane. Go 9 months later and boy Cutler is the anti-christ to them. Public poll is good and hope it was locked. I must have been on vacation but search away as I was right then. Rivers>Cutler. Attitude on the field goes to Cutler. Winning goes to Rivers.

BroncoBuff
09-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Wow, and flash forward to his opener with Chicago... and it's the same old ****.

Franchise my ass.

Some day? Maybe. Right now? Nowhere close.

That post you quoted of yourself is actually very impressive, on the eve of the SD closing game last year, it's prescient even.

Facts: Cutler is #1 in jersey sales, in a huge market, for a team that gave up a king's ransom to get him. By that standard he is both a FQ and a superstar. But by production, Facts: He's never won a thing, never even made the playoffs, despite all the skills. He's a Gus Frerotte by that standard.

But maybe let's stop with the "superstar" and "franchise quarterback" labels and arguments. They are amorphous, ambiguous terms.

go_broncos
09-15-2009, 01:05 PM
I was right..I voted for Rivers.

uplink
09-15-2009, 03:08 PM
Cutler makes too many mistakes to be an elite QB. I don't like Rivers attitude but he is very accurate, seems to be a team leader, and plays well when the game is on the line. Rivers is much better right now IMO.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

listopencil
09-15-2009, 04:17 PM
Rivers is clearly better.

FireFly
09-15-2009, 04:20 PM
Right now Rivers is a better QB.

He wins games. Cutler does not.

I don't like either of them, but Rivers is a game winner.

FireFly
09-15-2009, 04:21 PM
I'm surprised that so many people can pick Cutler?

Perhaps it has something to do with fear of being called out for picking Rivers?

The MVPlaya
03-29-2010, 07:24 PM
BUMP... per request

BroncoBuff
03-29-2010, 11:41 PM

Even a Cutler fan like me knows the score ... a rare correct QB call by the Buff :thanku:

BroncoBuff
03-29-2010, 11:42 PM
BUMP... per request

Who tf is "requesting" all these bumps?

Cito Pelon
03-29-2010, 11:48 PM

You replied, therefore you requested in a court. You were intimate.

broncswin
03-30-2010, 07:57 AM

LOL...oh the humanity