PDA

View Full Version : Carl Peterson Resigns

MagicHef
12-15-2008, 02:20 PM
Sorry for the sub-100 post thread starter, but I figured it was newsworthy.

http://www.kansascity.com/385/story/937972.html

elsid13
12-15-2008, 02:22 PM
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bowtown
12-15-2008, 02:23 PM
Was really hoping that was re-signs and not resigns. Well that's too bad. I hear Ted Sunquist needs work.

Hotrod
12-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Bring him in!

go_broncos
No way..

Terrible news...

Pick Six
That's a broken link. Here's a good one...

http://www.kansascity.com/

Chiefs president/general manager Carl Peterson resigned today effective at the end of the season. Vice President Denny Thum will serve as the Chiefs' interim president and general manager.

That's all it says...

theAPAOps5
12-15-2008, 02:25 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Popps
12-15-2008, 02:25 PM
Damn.

Is Herm's job safe? Hope so.

BroncoInferno
12-15-2008, 02:26 PM
You mean he finally finished the five year plan?

MagicHef
That's a broken link. Here's a good one...

Chiefs president/general manager Carl Peterson resigned today effective at the end of the season.

That's all it says...

Link should be fixed now.

bronco militia
this sucks

elsid13
12-15-2008, 02:27 PM
You mean he finally finished the fifty year plan?

fixed for accuracy.

bowtown
12-15-2008, 02:27 PM
It says it's effective at the end of the season, but I hope he comes to his senses and realizes that it would be really irresponsible for him to just leave the team without shepherding them though at least next years draft and offseason.

Taco John
12-15-2008, 02:28 PM
We need to put Carl in the Ring of Fame. His contribution over the years to the Broncos have been indispensable.

DomCasual
12-15-2008, 02:29 PM
Time for Shannahan to turn over personell to a real GM!!!1!1!!

Pick Six
It says it's effective at the end of the season, but I hope he comes to his senses and realizes that it would be really irresponsible for him to just leave the team without shepherding them though at least next years draft and offseason.

He HAS to take them to a Super Bowl...right?ROFL! ;)

bronco militia
and this means Herm is next

double suck

Br0nc0Buster
12-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Carl was one of our best, sad to see him leave us

Kaylore
This sucks. This is the worst news for the rest of the AFC West this year. A dark, dark day for Bronco, Charger and Raider fans.

Smiling Assassin27
dick vermeil, part 3, er, 4--coming to a red-neck city near you?

rovolution
12-15-2008, 02:31 PM
dang it.

Thanks for the memories Carl. ill never forget beating your chosen one QB Elvis Grbac in the playoffs at Arrowhead.

Thank you for drafting Junior Savaii and a host of other busts throughout the years.

Beantown Bronco
12-15-2008, 02:32 PM
Bring him in!

He'd break off 2K in our system!

Kaylore
12-15-2008, 02:34 PM
Everyone should be sending Carl Hunt letters explaining what a stellar GM Ted Sundquist is.

rovolution
12-15-2008, 02:35 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=198420

its like Christmas already over there

ScottXray
12-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Marty going back to KC!...this time with GM duties as well.

Bad for us....but he never wins the SB. Unfortunatley he's damn good at getting In the playoffs. Eventually even blind squirrels find a nut.

Kid A
:sigh: All good things...

Tom A Hawk
Damn.

not any longer...New GM will want a new coach

Tom A Hawk
12-15-2008, 02:37 PM

:rofl:

Sodak
12-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Damn. I was hoping they'd give him a contract extension.

The Broncos should put him in the Ring of Fame.

cutler_to_marshall
12-15-2008, 02:43 PM
Bring him in!

could he could bust off 2k in our system ?

Beantown Bronco
12-15-2008, 02:43 PM
not any longer...New GM will want a new coach

c'mon now....who wouldn't want to keep a guy whose career record as an NFL Head Coach is 56-75?

NFLBRONCO
12-15-2008, 02:46 PM
Opens door for Billy C. to return

Rulon Velvet Jones
12-15-2008, 02:47 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boltaneer
12-15-2008, 02:50 PM
Well, this sucks.

watermock
12-15-2008, 03:07 PM
http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2008/12/15/13/757-naughty_nice.embedded.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

Looks like they are gearing up for the 35 year plan now...

elsid13
12-15-2008, 03:09 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if the Chefs hired Matt Millen?

Sure-Oz
12-15-2008, 03:09 PM
Today is a great day :)

bronco_diesel
12-15-2008, 03:23 PM
i may be in the minority here...let me preface by saying, i don't like the chiefs at all. that said, i think denver is a better team when the division is better...and football is better when the afc west is solid.

i hardly get excited for raiders/cheifs vs. bronco games. those used to be gold with so much hype...now they are trap games just a shadow of what they used to be.

Old Dude
12-15-2008, 03:36 PM
CRAP !!

TheDave
12-15-2008, 03:37 PM
Well that sucks...

Rock Chalk
12-15-2008, 03:37 PM
KU loses, KC pisses away a sure win, Denver gets mauled and Carl Peterson resigns.
Worst.3.days.ever.

Bob's your Information Minister
12-15-2008, 03:39 PM
Herm is the real power behind the throne.

I'm not celebrating yet.

DenverBrit
12-15-2008, 03:58 PM
Tragic!! The best GM the Broncos never had.

broncolife
12-15-2008, 04:04 PM
Man, I am having flashbacks of Bobby Bethard leaving the Chargers. Noooooooooooooooooooo!

gunns
12-15-2008, 04:07 PM
This sucks. This is the worst news for the rest of the AFC West this year. A dark, dark day for Bronco, Charger and Raider fans.

Actually I think this is only 2nd worst. The worst is when Al Davis is gone.

Miss I.
12-15-2008, 04:13 PM
Actually I think this is only 2nd worst. The worst is when Al Davis is gone.

Well I wouldn't worry about that, I think the Cryptkeeper sold his soul and will probably live longer then I do. He probably has one of those things to freeze himself or his brain and have someone transplant the little raisin into the next Raider GM-Owner. I wonder who they could do that with?

BroncoBuff
12-15-2008, 05:36 PM
http://blog.feefifoto.com/images/2008/02/13/lombardi_trophy.jpg

Orange_Beard
12-15-2008, 05:39 PM
Herm can handle both roles.

Orange_Beard
12-15-2008, 05:40 PM
Man, I am having flashbacks of Bobby Bethard leaving the Chargers. Noooooooooooooooooooo!

He lives right down the street from me. Super nice guy.

footstepsfrom#27
12-15-2008, 05:46 PM
Crapppppppppppppp

24champ
12-15-2008, 06:05 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/funny-pictures-sad-cat-blackandwhite.jpg

Rohirrim
12-15-2008, 06:08 PM
We need to put Carl in the Ring of Fame. His contribution over the years to the Broncos have been indispensable.

LOL I second that.

Don't go, Carl!

TonyR
12-15-2008, 06:11 PM
Early speculation will center on former Steelers coach Bill Cowher, who has (in our opinion) been using genuine interest in his services on the part of the Browns to ensure that his name remains at the top of the “A” list. Pats V.P. of player personnel Scott Pioli’s name has been popping up as a potential candidate for other jobs, and given the manner in which the Falcons have reversed their fortunes under former New England director of college scouting Thomas Dimitroff, Pioli would seem to be a natural candidate for consideration.

Then there’s former Titans G.M. Floyd Reese, who likely will purchase billboard space throughout the Kansas City area, along with a plane that writes in the sky, “The Guy Who Built The Titans Thinks The Chiefs Can Be Even Better.”

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/12/15/what-next-for-chiefs-peterson/

KCStud
12-15-2008, 07:31 PM
This is the happiest day of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Definitely the best day I have ever experienced as a Chiefs fan and my team didn't even play today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

broncocalijohn
12-15-2008, 07:33 PM
I hope the planets havent aligned to have Grandpa Al leave us too. Time for the Chiefs pics of last time in the Super Bowl thread for memories.

broncocalijohn
12-15-2008, 07:34 PM
This is the happiest day of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Definitely the best day I have ever experienced as a Chiefs fan and my team didn't even play today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow! You must have only been a fan since around 1971. I can see how this could be the best day.

KCStud
12-15-2008, 07:38 PM
Wow I loved Lamar Hunt, but Clark will be the better GM by far. He wants to do anything possible to get this team to be a winner!

Clark on 810 AM

"I'm looking for a great talent evaluator, someone that has been successful in the past, and someone that has a football mind."

Taco John
12-15-2008, 07:41 PM
I think it's hilarious that the Chiefs fans have reacted with the kind of euphoria like they just won the Superbowl. It kind of highlights the difference between our organizations.

It's good to be a Broncos fan.

KCStud
12-15-2008, 07:45 PM
I think it's hilarious that the Chiefs fans have reacted with the kind of euphoria like they just won the Superbowl. It kind of highlights the difference between our organizations.

Difference? Not much of a difference between one and zero playoff wins in the last 10 years

12-15-2008, 07:51 PM

I agree.

http://kan.scout.com/2/821730.html

Chiefs Nation pumped its collective fist, jumped in the air, screamed, got drunk, fell down, stood up again and partied like it was 1989 when it heard Carl Peterson would have to buy a ticket to attend future games at Arrowhead Stadium Monday afternoon. Yes, Peterson is out as KC's General Manager/President/CEO/Draft Bust Artist/Leather Jacket Model, but is all this celebrating really appropriate?

That’s the question I was asking myself as I sifted through the fallout from the announcement that Peterson had resigned Monday afternoon. That’s because when the news hit, my reaction was fairly tame.

There’s no question Carl Peterson has been a problem over the last decade. We don’t need to recount all the failed draft picks, wasted free-agent signings and contract negotiation headaches. It’s all been well documented.

But I’m hearing about Chiefs fans immediately wanting to buy season tickets. Some of you are calling for Arrowhead Stadium to be packed this Sunday against the Miami Dolphins, as a way of thanking Clark Hunt for Monday’s “Arrowhead Intervention.”

Whoa, now. Don’t pop the champagne just yet. You’ll waste it, Chiefs fans. Clark Hunt still has more pink slips to hand out before we can truly sit back, sigh in relief, and say, “Now we’re getting somewhere.”

As big of a problem as Peterson was, the last few years there’s no question he wasn’t the only one at fault. Yes, I’m talking about Herm Edwards.

In my mind, Peterson’s resignation came about Monday at least in part because he hired Edwards, and in fact thought he was such a hot head-coaching candidate that he gave up a draft pick for his services after a 4-12 season. One farcical 9-7 playoff season with Dick Vermeil’s leftovers followed by a 6-24 stretch later, can anyone really argue that Herm Edwards was the right hire?

Sure, there are tons of fans angry and ready for Herm to hand in his resignation papers right along with Carl. But we’ve also heard plenty of support from Hunt in favor of his head coach.

By accepting Peterson’s resignation, isn’t Hunt kind of recognizing that hiring Edwards was one of Carl’s biggest blunders?

We don’t need to go over all the close games that the Chiefs have lost in the fourth quarter the last two seasons under Edwards. Herm’s post game press conferences after such debacles, in which he has repeatedly placed blame at the feet of his players for simply failing to “make a play” with the game on the line, always felt like he was passing the buck.

In the NFL, coaching has to make a difference when the games are close. The talent level across the league from team to team is too similar. Great head coaches do their best work in the fourth quarter when the game is on the line. Instead, we’ve seen Herm blow timeouts, put the game in the hands of the league’s worst defense, and most recently, run Larry Johnson behind Wade Smith and Adrian Jones as if they were Tim Grunhard and Will Shields in their prime.

In light of all that, there’s no reason to celebrate until Herm is riding shotgun with Peterson and they’re both on their way back to California.

Carl is on his way out, and that’s a step in the right direction. Unfortunately, cutting off the head of the snake isn’t enough. The rest of the body is still wriggling over at The Truman Sports Complex, threatening to blow more games in the fourth quarter. And when April arrives, who knows – there are any number of rookies coming out in the draft who might be the second coming of Bernard Pollard, Turk McBride or Tamba Hali.

So sit tight, stay away from Arrowhead this weekend and pray that the new general manager Clark Hunt eventually hires has the good sense to realize just what Herm Edwards truly is – the head coach who finally lost enough games to convince Carl Peterson to leave Kansas City after 20 years.

Heck, for that, perhaps we should be thanking Herm? In any case, look at it this way - Dr. Frankenstein is gone, but his monster is still roaming the sideline at Arrowhead Stadium.

24champ
12-15-2008, 07:58 PM
Difference? Not much of a difference between one and zero playoff wins in the last 10 years

Put down the kool aid sheepstud.

Our franchise isn't the one in the trash heap with a 2-12 record. Your barely a notch better than the sad and pathetic Raiders and you're running around here acting like the Cheaps won a SB.:rofl:

Pure comedy.

KCStud
12-15-2008, 08:02 PM
Put down the kool aid sheepstud.

Our franchise isn't the one in the trash heap with a 2-12 record. Your barely a notch better than the sad and pathetic Raiders and you're running around here acting like the Cheaps won a SB.:rofl:

Pure comedy.

And what have the Broncos done? Won the division by default, that's what. The Broncos are the worst team in the AFC that's in the playoffs. I'll even bet the Dolphins are a better team.

You better hope and pray you don't end up playing the red hot Colts, because they'll tear you up for the 3rd time in the playoffs.

The Chiefs are going in the right direction, like it or not

24champ
12-15-2008, 08:07 PM

Cheap fans been saying that since '69.

Jens1893
12-15-2008, 08:10 PM

I might be mistaken, but I do remember the Broncos winning 3 playoff games and a Lombardi trophy in January 1999. By my calculations, that is within the last 10 years of December 15th, 2008.

DHallblows
12-15-2008, 08:13 PM

At 2-12 it's hard not to...

KCStud
12-15-2008, 08:52 PM
I might be mistaken, but I do remember the Broncos winning 3 playoff games and a Lombardi trophy in January 1999. By my calculations, that is within the last 10 years of December 15th, 2008.

by 16 days...

Taco John
12-15-2008, 08:54 PM

Up is the only direction you can go from here.

Pat Bowlen
12-15-2008, 08:58 PM
I think it's hilarious that the Chiefs fans have reacted with the kind of euphoria like they just won the Superbowl.
It's to be expected, though. Most people who root for a team like that need whatever they can get to find hope in the future.

Florida_Bronco
12-15-2008, 08:59 PM

Tell me about it. What a sad, pathetic franchise.

24champ
12-15-2008, 09:19 PM
Tell me about it. What a sad, pathetic franchise.

Right now their franchise is like a Chevy Camaro on cinder blocks. It's not going anywhere for awhile.:rofl:

12-15-2008, 09:20 PM
Right now their franchise is like a Chevy Camaro on cinder blocks. It's not going anywhere for awhile.:rofl:

There's talent on the field. Shockingly, more on offense than defense. We're not far off.

spdirty
12-15-2008, 09:22 PM
son of a bltch. That great man should at the very least get ROF consideration.

Florida_Bronco
12-15-2008, 09:22 PM
There's talent on the field. Shockingly, more on offense than defense. We're not far off from a 4-12 season next year

Finally, you make some sense. Only took 20 some years.

24champ
12-15-2008, 09:24 PM
There's talent on the field. Shockingly, more on offense than defense. We're not far off.

2-12 says you are far off...

but then again we are getting close to the offseason for Chief fans so they are already drumming up BS by talking about how they are "heading in the right direction" and they are "not far off". Talk about drinking the kool-aid.::)

Florida_Bronco
12-15-2008, 09:29 PM

but then again we are getting close to the offseason for Chief fans so they are already drumming up BS by talking about how they are "heading in the right direction" and they are "not far off". Talk about drinking the kool-aid.::)

http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/images/uploads/lateaugust2008/KoolAidMan_Fullpic_2.gif

TallyBronco
12-15-2008, 09:56 PM
It's not like KC has hired anyone with competence yet.

The Raiders still have Davis in charge.

San Diego is still in underachievement mode.

I'm not worried.

OBF1
12-15-2008, 10:28 PM
A dark day for Bronco fans worldwide.

12-15-2008, 10:36 PM

What was the Dolphins record last year?

Florida_Bronco
12-15-2008, 10:48 PM
Call us when you hire Bill Parcells and a young, up and coming coach.

24champ
12-15-2008, 10:52 PM
What was the Dolphins record last year?

Is that what we are going to hear all offseason? Chiefs will do great because the Dolphins managed a turnaround?:rofl:

You guys are starting early this year...Usually you guys wait until the Super Bowl is over in Febuary and then move on to your annual Chiefs are going to do awesome because x,y,z.

Same song different tune.

Florida_Bronco
12-15-2008, 10:56 PM
Is that what we are going to hear all offseason? Chiefs will do great because the Dolphins managed a turnaround?:rofl:

You guys are starting early this year...Usually you guys wait until the Super Bowl is over in Febuary and then move on to your annual Chiefs are going to do awesome because x,y,z.

Same song different tune.

No, this is a whole different tune. For the first time in over a decade, they have legitimate shot at a turnaround.

Of course it will be short lived, as they will inevitably hire some idiot and the cycle will continue for another decade or so.

400HZ
12-15-2008, 11:16 PM
This sucks. I bet they hire Marty again. He'd be a perfect fit for a team with so many young guys plus he loves coaching against the Raiders and would probably love to coach against the Chargers too. He knows the division and he's a good talent evaluator. That's not what we need in KC right now. We need Herm! ****!

KCStud
12-15-2008, 11:43 PM
Wow the Broncos are clearly a competent organization. Your 1 playoff win since Elway clearly shows how competent you are Hilarious!

Whether you want to admit it or not, a huge stride was made in KC today.

KCStud
12-15-2008, 11:50 PM
No, this is a whole different tune. For the first time in over a decade, they have legitimate shot at a turnaround.

Of course it will be short lived, as they will inevitably hire some idiot and the cycle will continue for another decade or so.

Wouldn't count on that. Clark is looking for somebody outside of the organization with no ties to Arrowhead. That is completely different than what KC does.

Clark said he wants a good talent evaluator and leader.

Sounds like things are looking up in KC and things could turn around fast considering the division is the worst it has been in a long time

broncocalijohn
12-16-2008, 12:05 AM
Wow the Broncos are clearly a competent organization. Your 1 playoff win since Elway clearly shows how competent you are Hilarious!

Whether you want to admit it or not, a huge stride was made in KC today.

yes, you got addition by subtraction but never compare us to you losers.

24champ
12-16-2008, 12:06 AM
Wouldn't count on that. Clark is looking for somebody outside of the organization with no ties to Arrowhead. That is completely different than what KC does.

Clark said he wants a good talent evaluator and leader.

Sounds like things are looking up in KC and things could turn around fast considering the division is the worst it has been in a long time

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/oh-yeah_koolaid.gif

Atlas
12-16-2008, 12:19 AM
Sorry for the sub-100 post thread starter, but I figured it was newsworthy.

http://www.kansascity.com/385/story/937972.html

http://larryco.com/images/Face-argh.jpg

Atlas
12-16-2008, 12:20 AM

Denver will have won the division 2 times in the last 4 years. Went to the AFC Championship one time and this year has yet to be written

BowlenBall
12-16-2008, 12:46 AM
In a perfect world, the Chiefs bring in Matt Millen as the new GM....

And Peterson moves over to Oakland.

Tombstone RJ
12-16-2008, 06:21 AM
Worst. News. Ever.

Archer81
12-16-2008, 07:39 AM
Whatever. They will rehire Peterson with a fake nose and mustache gettup and introduce their new GM Carl Stardust.

:Broncos:

KCStud
12-16-2008, 07:45 AM
Denver will have won the division 2 times in the last 4 years. Went to the AFC Championship one time while getting embarassed at home and lost again to the Colts in the playoffs this year

Fixed

Kaylore
12-16-2008, 07:48 AM
Whatever. They will rehire Peterson with a fake nose and mustache gettup and introduce their new GM Carl Stardust.

:thumbs:

Archer81
12-16-2008, 07:49 AM
Fixed

I understand your bitterness. Playoffs seem so far away to you, dont they...:thanku:

KCStud
12-16-2008, 07:53 AM
I understand your bitterness. Playoffs seem so far away to you, dont they...:thanku:

Not at all. Yesterday was the best day for Chiefs fans and the worst news for division rivals

Rohirrim
12-16-2008, 07:56 AM
They'll wait until the season is over and then they'll hire the newly fired Norv Turner. Ha!

Kaylore
12-16-2008, 07:59 AM
KCStud reminds me of a homeless man that thinks because a soup kitchen opened up nearby he can make fun of the paint job on peoples' homes.

Archer81
12-16-2008, 08:03 AM
Not at all. Yesterday was the best day for Chiefs fans and the worst news for division rivals

Right...because Peterson alone is the reason your team is horrible...

Rohirrim
12-16-2008, 08:04 AM
KCStud reminds me of a homeless man that thinks because a soup kitchen opened up nearby he can make fun of the paint job on peoples' homes.

Plus, he can smirk at the cars going by when he doesn't have to stand out on the freeway onramp with his sign because it's Chicken Noodle Day.

Tom A Hawk
12-16-2008, 08:04 AM
c'mon now....who wouldn't want to keep a guy whose career record as an NFL Head Coach is 56-75?
70,000 Chiefs fans and Clark knows it. Let me hope will you?

Rohirrim
12-16-2008, 08:05 AM
70,000 Chiefs fans and Clark knows it. Let me hope will you?

There sure as hell weren't 70,000 in those seats on Sunday. More like half that.

Archer81
12-16-2008, 08:06 AM
There sure as hell weren't 70,000 in those seats on Sunday. More like half that.

I doubt more than 12,000 people were in that stadium, and thats a hopeful estimate.

Tom A Hawk
12-16-2008, 08:07 AM

that is my point....

400HZ
12-16-2008, 08:14 AM
that is my point....

That probably prompted the resignation/firing more than losing the game did.

Mountain Bronco
12-16-2008, 09:34 AM
Sad day in Bronco land. He helped us out for decades.

DHallblows
12-16-2008, 10:52 AM
Kansas City will have won the division 0 times in the last 4 years. Went to the AFC Championship never, got embarrassed the one year they managed to squeak in the playoffs and lost again to nobody in the playoffs this year because they didn't make it.

Really fixed
So which is better there, chief?

loborugger
12-16-2008, 11:28 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=198420

its like Christmas already over there

That thread is 52 pages long already.

52!

For shame. King Carl, I hope you find a job in SD or Oak sometime soon. All the best.

bronco militia
12-16-2008, 11:38 AM
That thread is 52 pages long already.

52!

For shame. King Carl, I hope you find a job in SD or Oak sometime soon. All the best.

Now I know how the Germans felt when Hitler shot himself.

Old Dude
12-16-2008, 12:12 PM
http://www.nbt.net.au/images/throw%20shoe%2001_lrg.jpg

gyldenlove
12-16-2008, 12:20 PM
This is the worst news in a long time. Hopefully they hire Floyd Reese or some other douche who can keep screwing up their drafts and shipping their good players out of town.

Now we only have Norv Turner and Al Davis to help us win the AFC West, this is bad.

Banana Pants
12-16-2008, 05:35 PM
i may be in the minority here...let me preface by saying, i don't like the chiefs at all. that said, i think denver is a better team when the division is better...and football is better when the afc west is solid.

i hardly get excited for raiders/cheifs vs. bronco games. those used to be gold with so much hype...now they are trap games just a shadow of what they used to be.

Do you really think the Broncos are head and shoulders above the rest of the division? Really?

SlipperyPete
12-16-2008, 05:59 PM
They're going to hire Pioli from New England. Mark it down now. The Hunts have a close connection to the Kraft family, as both are hugely involved in MLS, which is a pretty tight knit group. The Krafts know Pioli will leave eventually, why not help set him up with a nice job with a family they're close to?

And Hunt already knows exactly who he wants to hire, that's why Carl is gone now and not after the season.

Bronx33
12-16-2008, 06:03 PM
The hunts are really good at picking office personell so don't fear bronco land the hunt's will surely hire another potato head to make the calls.

RIP carl peterson you had a great run mister you took this futher than i could have ever imagined.

24champ
12-16-2008, 06:58 PM
They're going to hire Pioli from New England.

Kansas City Cheats has a ring to it.

SouthStndJunkie
12-16-2008, 07:40 PM
PRESIDENT VERMEIL?

Posted by Mike Florio on December 16, 2008, 10:05 p.m.

There’s a strong rumor making the rounds in league circles that former Chiefs coach Dick Vermeil could return as team president following the departure of long-time G.M., president, and COEO Carl Peterson.

It was Peterson who lured Vermeil out of retirement to coach the Chiefs in 2001, only one season after Vermeil went bawling into the sunset after taking the Rams to a Super Bowl title.

Though it’s possible that Vermeil will serve as G.M. as well, we’re guessing that the Chiefs will be setting up a Parcells-style structure in Kansas City, with a G.M. and a head coach reporting directly to Vermeil.

If Vermeil gets the top job, the chances of Herm Edwards sticking around increases significantly, since Edwards played for Vermeil in Philadelphia.

Florida_Bronco
12-16-2008, 07:43 PM
PRESIDENT VERMEIL?

There’s a strong rumor making the rounds in league circles that former Chiefs coach Dick Vermeil could return as team president following the departure of long-time G.M., president, and COEO Carl Peterson.

It was Peterson who lured Vermeil out of retirement to coach the Chiefs in 2001, only one season after Vermeil went bawling into the sunset after taking the Rams to a Super Bowl title.

Though it’s possible that Vermeil will serve as G.M. as well, we’re guessing that the Chiefs will be setting up a Parcells-style structure in Kansas City, with a G.M. and a head coach reporting directly to Vermeil.

If Vermeil gets the top job, the chances of Herm Edwards sticking around increases significantly, since Edwards played for Vermeil in Philadelphia.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA! :rofl:

24champ
12-16-2008, 07:45 PM
PRESIDENT VERMEIL?

Awesome. Can't wait for Sheepstud to spin this one.

Bronx33
12-16-2008, 07:53 PM
Perhaps vermeil could bring some much needed sensitivity to KC they just haven't been the same since snot slingin dick left.

Atlas
12-16-2008, 08:32 PM
Fixed

Whatever. The last decade for the Chefs have been an embarrassment. I mean really the Chefs are just a little better than BEngfals and Lions the last 10 year. But go ahead and be proud Spanky. They are your team!!

DaFace
12-16-2008, 08:36 PM

Awesome. Can't wait for Sheepstud to spin this one.

I don't know that any spin is needed. There is absolutely no way in hell anyone with knowledge of the situation takes that seriously. Clark specifically said that he wants an outsider for the job, which definitely rules out Vermeil.

24champ
12-16-2008, 08:45 PM
I don't know that any spin is needed. There is absolutely no way in hell anyone with knowledge of the situation takes that seriously. Clark specifically said that he wants an outsider for the job, which definitely rules out Vermeil.

Which title was Clark specifically talking about? Far as I know King Carl had about 20 of them or so it seems. So Clark Hunt could be talking about needing a set of fresh eyes for the GM position.

Crybaby is being talked about as the team president.

KCStud
12-16-2008, 09:05 PM
No need to spin at all. Clark said he wants somebody outside of the organization with no ties.

It won't be Vermeil

Jens1893
12-16-2008, 09:10 PM
It wouldn´t be the first time someone lied in public.

24champ
12-16-2008, 09:17 PM
No need to spin at all. Clark said he wants somebody outside of the organization with no ties.

It won't be Vermeil

What's Marty doing in KC? Reports on Crap planet say he is in KC.

Just sightseeing that dump I am sure...

KCStud
12-16-2008, 09:45 PM
What's Marty doing in KC? Reports on Crap planet say he is in KC.

Just sightseeing that dump I am sure...

Probably there to support to talk to Carl. Wouldn't mind having Marty. He knows talent and wouldn't be making the calls on the field. He would turn things around quickly

SlipperyPete
12-17-2008, 03:00 AM
Kansas City Cheats has a ring to it.

Yes, it does. Sadly, though, we'd never be able to call them that. Glass house and all.

12-25-2008, 10:58 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5KMYmba1Ov8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5KMYmba1Ov8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Florida_Bronco
12-25-2008, 11:13 PM
That's a new low for you Bobo. Seriously, that was just crap all around. Glad I didn't spend more than 15 seconds on it.

I'd highly advise my Bronco brethren to skip that crap piece.

Banana Pants
12-26-2008, 02:38 AM
Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead!!!!

Archer81
12-26-2008, 09:42 AM
uhh...wtf are you talking about?

Simply Red
01-15-2009, 03:56 PM
Damn.

Hilarious!