PDA

View Full Version : I hate Cleveland

Bronco LB 59
11-04-2008, 09:40 PM
I don't know about you, but I have always hated the Browns since Denver's 1980s rivalry with them.

The Browns are the Chicago Cubs of the NFL. After Denver beat them in 1986 and 87, it seemed like the Browns' misery got more publicity than our triumph. Just like the Black Cat in 1969, Bill Buckner and Steve Bartman, the Browns fans constantly cry about Red Right 88, The Drive and The Fumble as if they were entitled to win those years.

Not to mention when Modell stole their team, the Browns fans traveled to Buffalo in 1997 and openly rooted against the Broncos during the infamous O.T. game when TD ran for 200 yards. I remember one Browns fan hung a sign in the Ralph Wilson Stadium endzone that read, "CLEVELAND STILL HATES ELWAY".

Denver has always owned Cleveland and it would devastate me if we let some prissy punk like Brady Quinn ruined our day.

Los Broncos
11-04-2008, 09:43 PM
My hate doesnt run deep for Cleveland as much as others here.

I was around and watching the team in the 80's.

I hated the Raiders and Cowboys more I think.

ludo21
11-04-2008, 09:51 PM
Lets snap these punks in half on Thursday, this is a must win game i think.

watermock
11-04-2008, 10:09 PM
Cutler has made an unexpected stumble backward.

I've started calling him Mopey.

Hogan11
11-04-2008, 10:28 PM
I love the city itself, great place IMHO...always have a great time there.

As for the Browns themselves, meh...they're pretty much irrelevent to me these days. It'll be embarrassing to lose to them and that's about it.

Wes Mantooth
11-04-2008, 11:24 PM
I hate loosing more.

Play2win
11-05-2008, 01:00 AM
I do hate the real Cleveland Browns more-- the Baltimore Ratbird... Now there's A franchise that I wish would fall off the side of the Earth...

But, what do I care-- Obama Won... ;D

Florida_Bronco
11-05-2008, 01:15 AM
We'll kill em

BroncoBuff
11-05-2008, 01:30 AM
Just like the Cubs, I can't see how anybody can muster hate for the Browns.

BroncoMan4ever
11-05-2008, 02:24 AM

i can't blame Cutler too much for the past month. He has thrown a few bad passes, but that is the gunslinger Favre-like mentality of Cutler. he is going to make some bad choices(we all know this) but he is also going to make some jaw dropping plays.

now the reason I am not in agreement that he has taken a step back is because all around him this offense fell apart due to injury. Our running game went from being ok, to being unbelievably terrible. Injuries have kept out his receiving weapons in Scheff, Royal and Stokley in at least one game each and with more than just one of those guys out at a time.

now if teams know we can't run on them, and that Marshall is our only consistant receiving option, of course Jay is going to look bad. No QB in the league can look as incredible as Jay did the first few weeks of the season if injuries take away your offensive weapons.

if the team was completely healthy and Jay was playing like he has the past month, then i would agree that he has regressed a little.

also bear in mind he has less than 2 full seasons of actual playing experience. he has only played 29 games so far in his career. i don't think it is appropriate time to judge how good or bad he is yet.

also, things could be worse, we could have ended up with Young or Leinart.

footstepsfrom#27
11-05-2008, 02:43 AM
Just like the Cubs, I can't see how anybody can muster hate for the Browns.
It's easy. Just think of all the Browncos we had to endure. :welcome:

Spider
11-05-2008, 05:26 AM
As a person that has to drive a 70 foot long truck and trailer through that city ,and for giving us Drew Carey , I can say the name Mistake by the lake is a good name for that city ;D

Tombstone RJ
11-05-2008, 05:30 AM
The Browns fans are morons. Kinda like Bills fans, but Bills fans are just way more pathetic, and drunk usually.

Circle Orange
11-05-2008, 05:57 AM
I remember Dick Endberg was covering the third AFC title game that the Browns and Broncos faced off in. I thought his line was classic when he shook his head and said, "Cleveland needs another game."

But I can't hate the Brownies. After all, they rock the solid color helmets. Ya gotta love that M&M look.

HorseHead
11-05-2008, 06:02 AM
please remove that Avatar, I need to eat.....is that Billy Mays, the Oxy Clean Guy?.....

Popcorn Sutton
11-05-2008, 06:09 AM
It's easy. Just think of all the Browncos we had to endure. :welcome:

You mean back when we could stop the run?

Orange_Beard
11-05-2008, 06:37 AM
The state of Ohio is a **** hole.

Circle Orange
11-05-2008, 07:08 AM
I don't know about you, but I have always hated the Browns since Denver's 1980s rivalry with them.

The Browns are the Chicago Cubs of the NFL. After Denver beat them in 1986 and 87, it seemed like the Browns' misery got more publicity than our triumph. Just like the Black Cat in 1969, Bill Buckner and Steve Bartman, the Browns fans constantly cry about Red Right 88, The Drive and The Fumble as if they were entitled to win those years.

Not to mention when Modell stole their team, the Browns fans traveled to Buffalo in 1997 and openly rooted against the Broncos during the infamous O.T. game when TD ran for 200 yards. I remember one Browns fan hung a sign in the Ralph Wilson Stadium endzone that read, "CLEVELAND STILL HATES ELWAY".

Denver has always owned Cleveland and it would devastate me if we let some prissy punk like Brady Quinn ruined our day.

LOL, you gotta love Cleveland fans...they nurse grudges and bitter hatred 'til the end of time. Must be something about that cold northern corridor of the country!

Modell couldn't go back to Cleveland either...when he moved the team, police had to guard his house.

RunSilentRunDeep
11-05-2008, 08:19 AM
How can anyone hate Cleveland? They're like the peasant who lies in a puddle so you can step on them and not get your feet wet. Has any other franchise done more for the Broncos than Cleveland?

Broncojef
11-05-2008, 08:35 AM
How can anyone hate Cleveland? Their like the peasant who lies in a puddle so you can step on them and not get your feet wet. Has any other franchise done more for the Broncos than Cleveland?

It'll be even that more pathetic should we lose to them. God I hope the real Jay shows up.

HooptyHoops
11-05-2008, 09:01 AM
Will the real Jay please stand up!!

Ramathorn
11-05-2008, 10:30 AM
I hate loosing more.

I dont know what loosing is, but i sure do hate losing!!Booya!

Ramathorn
11-05-2008, 10:31 AM

piss off. This is the heart of it all. not like Cali, which is on the ass end of the country.

Orange_Beard
11-05-2008, 10:49 AM
piss off. This is the heart of it all. not like Cali, which is on the ass end of the country.

If it's the "ass end" it must be a very hot ass.

SouthStndJunkie
11-05-2008, 11:25 AM

I live in Ohio and it's not that bad.

That said, playing Cleveland ranks right up there with KC as far as games that I want to win badly.

Growing up a Broncos fan in Ohio, I was pretty much the lone Broncos fan around here when the rivalry was at it's height in the late 80s.

We only play them every few years, but when we do, it still fires me up.

Dendave
11-05-2008, 11:47 AM
I have been to every Bronco game in Cleveland since the early 90's and I have never had a problem there. I wear my Bronco gear with pride and get the normal ribbing every fan gets. I will say Buffalo and Cincinatti fans are much worse.

FADERPROOF
11-05-2008, 01:24 PM
The city of cleveland is cool, but dealing with browns fans on a daily basis makes me not like the browns.

Ramathorn
11-25-2008, 06:36 AM
I have been to every Bronco game in Cleveland since the early 90's and I have never had a problem there. I wear my Bronco gear with pride and get the normal ribbing every fan gets. I will say Buffalo and Cincinatti fans are much worse.

I agree. The bills fans suck the most ****. Low class. The life of a bills fan is so pathetic that the only thing they have to look forward to is the home games so they can be a pain in the visitors ass. The nfl knows this, thats the real reason they are moving some of the home games to canada.:strong:

Hogan11
11-25-2008, 06:52 AM
Bills fans are just a notch below Eagles fans in my book. That's why I've never been back to a game there since the early 90's, even though I live 90 minutes away. Screw that noise.

The amazing thing is how cool the Sabres fans are by comparison, total night and day. People tend to blame the Bills fan tude on Canadians crossing the border for the games and raising hell with everyone, but I just don't buy it.

Flex Gunmetal
11-25-2008, 07:29 AM
Cleveland fans have it pretty terrible, tho. What a poorly ran organization.
How do you bench BQ for DA than announce after the game BQ is the starting quarterback for the rest of the season?
How much does that screw with Quinn's head on the field? What a bonehead move.

Bronx33
11-25-2008, 09:28 AM
I love ernest byner.

Crushaholic
11-25-2008, 09:31 AM
You mean back when we could stop the run?

I wish we still had Gerard Warren. That guy is a player...

bronco militia
11-25-2008, 09:40 AM

holy crap!

ROFL!

TomServo
11-25-2008, 02:39 PM
cleveland is home to the rock and roll hall of fame. the same hof that includes madonna and john melloncougercamp but Not rush, ted nugent, or alice cooper. if thats not reason enough to dislike cleveland......

Hogan11
11-25-2008, 05:49 PM
cleveland is home to the rock and roll hall of fame. the same hof that includes madonna and john melloncougercamp but Not rush, ted nugent, or alice cooper. if thats not reason enough to dislike cleveland......

That Hall of Fame is such a joke. Nobody in their right mind could take that place seriously. I love the city, but I don't even look in that place's direction when I'm in town.

Rock Chalk
11-25-2008, 06:12 PM
I love the city itself, great place IMHO...always have a great time there.

As for the Browns themselves, meh...they're pretty much irrelevent to me these days. It'll be embarrassing to lose to them and that's about it.

Holy **** Hogan actually likes something.

Of course its a ****hole cesspool of a city that he likes but hey, there's no accounting for taste.

Hogan11
11-25-2008, 06:15 PM

Of course its a ****hole cesspool of a city that he likes but hey, there's no accounting for taste.

Did you say something?

Rock Chalk
11-25-2008, 06:17 PM
Did you say something?

Ugh, you used to be fun to **** with.

Now you are just such a pussy about everything.

Hogan11
11-25-2008, 06:20 PM

Now you are just such a p***Y about everything.

I'm just not into wasting time ****ing with people anymore. I'm so sorry to disappoint you.

Florida_Bronco
11-25-2008, 09:42 PM

Says the guy from Texas.

Bronco LB52
09-16-2009, 11:58 AM
**** Brady Queer and **** Cleveland!!!

bronco militia
09-16-2009, 12:02 PM

still funny a year later

:rofl:

Bronco LB52
09-16-2009, 12:05 PM
still funny a year later

I love Big Money.

Yesterday on San Diego radio, the hosts were complaining about how much of a chippy player Gerard Warren is. He was the guy who did a belly flop on Drew Brees' shoulder and ruined it during the December 2005 game in San Diego.

Popcorn Sutton
09-16-2009, 12:06 PM
still funny a year later

You don't like Big Money? ;D

Mr.Meanie
09-16-2009, 12:15 PM

hmm...

bronco militia
09-16-2009, 12:16 PM
You don't like Big Money? ;D

I didn't hate him, I just htink the broncos never missed him

Hogan11
09-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Concrete evidence of multiple accounts

Blart
09-16-2009, 12:22 PM
Cleveland hates us more.

Old Dude
09-16-2009, 12:23 PM
In honor of the AFL's 50th anniversary, here's yet another reason to hate Cleveland:

(From page 167 of The Birth of the New NFL: How the 1966 NFL/AFL Merger Transformed Pro Football By Larry Felser and Ernie Accorsi):

"I hated the AFL" admitted Art Modell, owner of the Cleveland Browns and about to become president of the NFL. "Even after the merger, I hated them for a long time. I didn't want to do business with them." When realignment was first discussed after the merger was okayed by Congress, Modell said publicly, "The Denver Broncos will never play in Cleveland Stadium," which was a stinging put-down since the old Cleveland stadium was several light-years shy of being a sports Taj Majal.

Rohirrim
09-16-2009, 12:25 PM
In honor of the AFL's 50th anniversary, here's yet another reason to hate Cleveland:

(From page 167 of The Birth of the New NFL: How the 1966 NFL/AFL Merger Transformed Pro Football By Larry Felser and Ernie Accorsi):

"I hated the AFL" admitted Art Modell, owner of the Cleveland Browns and about to become president of the NFL. "Even after the merger, I hated them for a long time. I didn't want to do business with them." When realignment was first discussed after the merger was okayed by Congress, Modell said publicly, "The Denver Broncos will never play in Cleveland Stadium," which was a stinging put-down since the old Cleveland stadium was several light-years shy of being a sports Taj Majal.

That's okay. We made them pay for the insult numerous times. After all, they will always be remembered as the butt-end of "The Drive." Ha!

Old Dude
09-16-2009, 12:37 PM
That's okay. We made them pay for the insult numerous times. After all, they will always be remembered as the butt-end of "The Drive." Ha!

Oh, and in case anyone needed a reason to hate the Bears ....

Here's another excerpt from page 189-90 of the same book:

The NFL thought that it had effectively strangled the new league in its cradle with its clandestine operation [basically stealing Minneapolis from the AFL - a long, amusing story] but the AFL then accepted an offer for a replacement franchise in the San Francisco Bay area, taking on the 49ers in NFL terriitory. That's how the Oakland Raiders were born.

"Not long afterward, we received a telegram from George Halas, offering to accept the entire AFL into the NFL, but without Denver," said [Ralph] Wilson. "They didn't think it was a major league city."

"We turned down Halas's offer unanimously," said Wilson. "None of us would turn our backs on Denver."

This is another reason why, all other things being equal*, I ALWAYS root for an old school AFL team over any old school NFL team.

* (which is rarely the case.)

alkemical
09-16-2009, 12:45 PM
bronco militia - Sep 16, 2009 7:26 pm (#22 of 24) Reply
EEEE. AWWWWWWWW. EEEEEEEE. AWWWW...The Broncos Kyle Orton'd the Bungholes!!!

Tombstone RJ
09-16-2009, 12:45 PM
Thank God for Ralph Wilson...

bronco militia
09-16-2009, 12:51 PM
bronco militia - Sep 16, 2009 7:26 pm (#22 of 24) Reply
EEEE. AWWWWWWWW. EEEEEEEE. AWWWW...The Broncos Kyle Orton'd the Bungholes!!!

hey ya copy and paste donk...I copied and pasted that bit from this thread

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

ROFL!

Rock Chalk
09-16-2009, 02:57 PM

Now you are just such a p***Y about everything.

I just got a year delay rep for this post.

How awesome is that? My posts have staying power.

colonelbeef
09-16-2009, 03:00 PM
I don't hate Cleveland. In fact, I feel badly for them. They live in Cleveland.

Bronco LB52
09-16-2009, 03:02 PM
This was the best blast on Cleveland ever. God Bless Sam Wyche.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yJMa20xXykI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yJMa20xXykI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Circle Orange
09-16-2009, 06:33 PM
And to think...Art Modell STILL can't set foot there...:approve:

Kid A
09-16-2009, 07:17 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ysmLA5TqbIY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ysmLA5TqbIY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oZzgAjjuqZM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oZzgAjjuqZM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Rock Chalk
09-16-2009, 08:01 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ysmLA5TqbIY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ysmLA5TqbIY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oZzgAjjuqZM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oZzgAjjuqZM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BWahahaha! Both of those were hilarious.

RhymesayersDU
09-16-2009, 08:06 PM
http://broccolicity.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/clevelandbrowntvshow.jpg

What's not to like?

Bronco LB52
09-16-2009, 10:52 PM

I am in tears:rofl:

lex
09-16-2009, 11:14 PM
Well, at least theyve been Charlie Browned by two of the greatest ever. Im not sure who they would hate worse, John Elway or Michael Jordan.

I kind of miss those days though. I miss the excitement of the one word names (the Drive, the Fumble, etc) and guys like Elway running to his right and then throwing it 50 yards going against his body.

Bronco Yoda
09-16-2009, 11:22 PM
Oh, and in case anyone needed a reason to hate the Bears ....

Here's another excerpt from page 189-90 of the same book:

The NFL thought that it had effectively strangled the new league in its cradle with its clandestine operation [basically stealing Minneapolis from the AFL - a long, amusing story] but the AFL then accepted an offer for a replacement franchise in the San Francisco Bay area, taking on the 49ers in NFL terriitory. That's how the Oakland Raiders were born.

"Not long afterward, we received a telegram from George Halas, offering to accept the entire AFL into the NFL, but without Denver," said [Ralph] Wilson. "They didn't think it was a major league city."

"We turned down Halas's offer unanimously," said Wilson. "None of us would turn our backs on Denver."

This is another reason why, all other things being equal*, I ALWAYS root for an old school AFL team over any old school NFL team.

* (which is rarely the case.)

good stuff OD