PDA

View Full Version : Hunch: Shanny sticks around for 5 years and retires to the front office ala Walsh

Taco John
11-03-2008, 09:50 PM

I think any idea that Shanahan is going to retire is narrow in focus and doesn't account for the big picture. Shanahan is going to loom large with this organization for years, and years, and years.

Bronco Yoda
11-03-2008, 09:53 PM
Only if Cutler washes out. Otherwise he'll ride him til he drops.

Bob's your Information Minister
11-03-2008, 09:57 PM
Hahaha...what business does Shanahan have in a front office?

Ironlung
11-03-2008, 09:59 PM

What business does Hot Carl have in a front office?

You have no room to criticize any aspect of any other football team, and thats not trash talk, its fact.

Broncoman13
11-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Same thing they were saying about Carl Peterson 20 years ago!

Broncojef
11-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Shanny was the right coach at the right time with John and our stud teams, he isn't the right guy to build something from the ground up motivating and coaching young talent or be in a front office. The one thing we all agree on is he sucks as a GM, why in the world would we want him in the front office making those decisions? I get it we all appreciate his SuperBowl runs and his cool demeanor but his time has come and gone, please no front office!!!!

Taco John
11-03-2008, 10:54 PM

Well, for one, he's the Vice President of Football Operations.

Shanahan is set for life as a Bronco. Bowlen has told him that he wants him around for as long as he wants to be around. So unless Shanahan decides that he no longer likes to have ultimate power in an organization, from top to bottom, where everything he says is the law, he'll be around for a long time.

Ratboy
11-03-2008, 10:58 PM
What are you willing to bet that Shanahan resigns as the Denver Broncos Head Coach after this season is over?

theAPAOps5
11-03-2008, 10:59 PM
What are you willing to bet that Shanahan resigns as the Denver Broncos Head Coach after this season is over?

I'll take that bet. Judging by your lame neg rep you think he is a goner this season. Name your terms I will take them.

Taco John
11-03-2008, 11:00 PM

Ten million dollars.

Ratboy
11-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Ten million dollars.

Ha!

theAPAOps5
11-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Heck I will leave this site forever if I am wrong. Will you put the same on the line RTribbey? You are pretty confident Shanny sucks and is gone. What say you?

Taco John
11-03-2008, 11:04 PM
Heck I will leave this site forever if I am wrong. Will you put the same on the line RTribbey? You are pretty confident Shanny sucks and is gone. What say you?

Don't make stupid bets like that. Do something a little more reasonable like put up your monthly mortgage for the year or something.

theAPAOps5
11-03-2008, 11:05 PM
Don't make stupid bets like that. Put up your monthly mortgage for the year or something a little more reasonable.

LOL

Now that is funny. He won't take the bet. He isn't that confident. I am and know Shanny won't leave on terms like this season.

Taco John
11-03-2008, 11:13 PM
I agree.

There is no way that Pat Bowlen is going to fire Shanahan after everything he's done for the man, and for this organization. And there's no way that Shanahan is going to leave this organization two years into the practical development of Jay Cutler as his number one man.

This team is Shanahan's legacy. He's building it from the ground up. There's no way in hell that he's gone after this season. It's not even a question in my mind.

theAPAOps5
11-03-2008, 11:21 PM
I agree.

There is no way that Pat Bowlen is going to fire Shanahan after everything he's done for the man, and for this organization. And there's no way that Shanahan is going to leave this organization two years into the practical development of Jay Cutler as his number one man.

This team is Shanahan's legacy. He's building it from the ground up. There's no way in hell that he's gone after this season. It's not even a question in my mind.

Which is why I am willing to bet my posting here and other perks I have been lucky to receive. I know he won't leave and RTribbey isn't as confident.

Its simple take the bet or don't Ratboy errrr RTribbey. Are you as confident as I am.

NFLBRONCO
11-03-2008, 11:24 PM
Shanny was the right coach at the right time with John and our stud teams, he isn't the right guy to build something from the ground up motivating and coaching young talent or be in a front office. The one thing we all agree on is he sucks as a GM, why in the world would we want him in the front office making those decisions? I get it we all appreciate his SuperBowl runs and his cool demeanor but his time has come and gone, please no front office!!!!

I agree with this 100%. This is how I have felt for awhile. I do realize Pat won't make change anytime soon so it won't matter.

11-03-2008, 11:35 PM
I agree.

What are you going to say when Herm sweeps Shanahan this year?

11-03-2008, 11:35 PM
Well, for one, he's the Vice President of Football Operations.

A job that he's proven he isn't remotely qualified for.

So again...what business does he have in a front office?

11-03-2008, 11:37 PM
What business does Hot Carl have in a front office?

You have no room to criticize any aspect of any other football team, and thats not trash talk, its fact.

Well Carl has some business savvy. I recognize he's a horrible GM. You don't need to tell me that.

I also don't need to tell you Shanahan is a horrible talent evaluator.

theAPAOps5
11-03-2008, 11:39 PM
Well Carl has some business savvy. I recognize he's a horrible GM. You don't need to tell me that.

I also don't need to tell you Shanahan is a horrible talent evaluator.

Well looking at your recent picks and looking at yours I would say you are talking out your fat ass again. But heck thats pretty much the norm with you.

Taco John
11-03-2008, 11:39 PM
What are you going to say when Herm sweeps Shanahan this year?

Your kung foo is very weak.

You might be able to yank a few chains around here and get some people all worked up over such a ridiculous idea, but I'm not those people. I won't spend any time imagining things I'm going to say after some imaginary event takes place.

What are you going to say after the Ewoks get hyperdrive technology and attack Kashyyyk? You might as well have asked me this question.

11-03-2008, 11:40 PM
Well looking at your recent picks and looking at yours I would say you are talking out your fat ass again. But heck thats pretty much the norm with you.

Dude, stop bringing up the Chiefs. Nothing the Chiefs have done or will ever do changes the fact that Shanahan has no business in a front office.

Taco John
11-03-2008, 11:40 PM
A job that he's proven he isn't remotely qualified for.

Tell that to Neil Smith.

theAPAOps5
11-03-2008, 11:41 PM
Dude, stop bringing up the Chiefs. Nothing the Chiefs have done or will ever do changes the fact that Shanahan has no business in a front office.

But we are comparing Shanny and King Carl. So it has to be brought up. Sorry if it is making your argument weak as usual but its fact.

Oh and Hermy won't sweep Denver this year. You don't hold up bets so I won't even challenge you on it but I do guarantee it.

Your kung foo is very weak.

You might be able to yank a few chains around here and get some people all worked up over such a ridiculous idea, but I'm not those people. I won't spend any time imagining things I'm going to say after some imaginary event takes place.

What are you going to say after the Ewoks get hyperdrive technology and attack Kashyyyk? You might as well have asked me this question.

Admit it, you're scared. The Chiefs offense is coming around. By the time we visit Denver, your defense is going to be just as bad.

It can happen. Cutler better be on his game...here comes Thigpenmania!

Taco John
Hey Neil, how many Superbowls did you win with Shanahan?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/sfn/phoalbum/photos/sb33po06.jpg

11-03-2008, 11:42 PM
But we are comparing Shanny and King Carl. So it has to be brought up.

OK. They both suck as talent evaluators.

Any questions?

11-03-2008, 11:43 PM
Tell that to Neil Smith.

Hahahaha. What is that? Are you serious? Neil Smith? Neil Smith proves Shanahan deserves to be a front officer when he stops blowing NFL games?

Taco John
11-03-2008, 11:44 PM
:approve: Hey Neil, how many Superbowls did you win with Shanahan?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/sfn/phoalbum/photos/sb33po06.jpg

Ratboy
11-03-2008, 11:59 PM

Well that's stupid. I've been here too long to give that up (over 5 years). Plus I don't care about sending people away from TJ's forum.

and I don't think I said Shanahan sucks. I know I've said he's grown old and stale in Denver lately. I like Shanahan and would love for him to turn the season around, I just can't see that happening. and don't bring up the "Well, we're first in the division!" bull****. We're 4-4 and look like we should be 1-7. We're lucky to be the worst division in the league.

I'm not the only one to see that his calls are questionable, If we keep losing games like we are (lack of discipline). I can very well see him gone.

Rock Chalk
11-04-2008, 12:23 AM

I think any idea that Shanahan is going to retire is narrow in focus and doesn't account for the big picture. Shanahan is going to loom large with this organization for years, and years, and years.

Shanahan in the front office = doom for the Denver Broncos.

He is a great coach. He is a great game planner. He sucks at EVERYTHING else.

Rohirrim
11-04-2008, 01:07 AM
I agree.

Two words: George Foster :P

BroncoMan4ever
11-04-2008, 01:54 AM
Shanahan will stay here through Jay's career. I suspect that in about 10-13 years he will retire, basically at the same time Jay hangs up his cleats.

Shanahan is building this team from the ground up so he can get himself a few more rings before he retires. He won't be content to go out with what he has, he wants more and he believes Jay is the arm that will get him more rings.

Taco John
11-04-2008, 02:00 AM
Two words: George Foster :P

George Foster was a high risk, high reward proposition that went south. I agreed with the draft pick at the time, because we needed a Left Tackle, and I thought he looked to be the best of the bunch that year. It turned out to be a pretty weak class for Left Tackles that year.

Personally, I think that the lesson there is not to draft for need, but instead draft the best player on the board regardless of position. Easier said than done -- especially when you're trying to build a Superbowl team every single year.

What people here are failing to realize is that the Cut Plummer / Draft Cutler move was an effective press of the reset button. We're in year two of the "Build Around Cutler" plan, and so far, things are actually looking pretty sweet for the long term.

Watching Broncos fans get knock-kneed about the Cutler Adventure this early in the game is quite amusing to me. You guys are nuts. I can appreciate frustration over the way that they're losing. But I personally believe that Shanahan has built a hell of an offense here that has the potential to be something special, regardless of our short term failings, and I doubt that he's going to be punished (or "fall on his sword") for it.

Ratboy
11-04-2008, 02:58 AM
George Foster was a high risk, high reward proposition that went south. I agreed with the draft pick at the time, because we needed a Left Tackle, and I thought he looked to be the best of the bunch that year. It turned out to be a pretty weak class for Left Tackles that year.

Personally, I think that the lesson there is not to draft for need, but instead draft the best player on the board regardless of position. Easier said than done -- especially when you're trying to build a Superbowl team every single year.

What people here are failing to realize is that the Cut Plummer / Draft Cutler move was an effective press of the reset button. We're in year two of the "Build Around Cutler" plan, and so far, things are actually looking pretty sweet for the long term.

Watching Broncos fans get knock-kneed about the Cutler Adventure this early in the game is quite amusing to me. You guys are nuts. I can appreciate frustration over the way that they're losing. But I personally believe that Shanahan has built a hell of an offense here that has the potential to be something special, regardless of our short term failings, and I doubt that he's going to be punished (or "fall on his sword") for it.

For some reason, Cutler doesn't bother me. I believe in Cutler and believe in his skills. What I don't believe in is the play calling on both sides of the field. I just stare in awe on some of the plays that are being called on offense. It bothers when I see Champ Bailey, Dre Bly, and Karl Paymah playing 10 yards off the receiver, it bothers me when we blitz on 3rd and 19, but rarely during the entire game. I am confused as to why we would take a tackler (Larsen) and move him to fullback, I am confused as to why we run the ball 14 times a game.

They have the talent, but they lack discipline, which IMO, is the coaches job.

11-04-2008, 04:00 AM

bla bla bla bla bla

Call me when Shanny pulls his head out of his ass on defense.

Until then the Broncos are just treading water.

SlipperyPete
11-04-2008, 05:10 AM

I'll give you credit: you never stop drinking the kool-aid.

This was supposed to be the year, remember? The magic 3rd year in Shanny's system. But now we're all supposed to act like it's no big deal when Cutler goes out there every week and throws up on himself. (I mean on the field, not outside the bars at 3:00 am.)

The kid has undeniable talent, but every week he looks more and more like a head case. Somehow a QB from a little town, who went to a college that never won anything, who's below .500 as an NFL starter, got it in his head that he's King Stud sitting atop Mount Awesome. And not only is that troublesome all by itself, every week that he goes out and can't back it up, it's like a blow to his fragile psyche.

Kiszla says it in his mailbag: something happened to Cutler in the KC game. I maintain, as I've said all along, that the rest of the league took notice of KC's LB being in Cutler's ear all day to the point that Cutler physically lashed out at him. Ever since then we've seen guys getting in Cutler's face, and ever since then he's been struggling.

And it's not something that only popped up there. Obviously the Chargers were aware of it, but maybe people wrote that off as Philip Rivers being his typical d-bag self. But the Chargers knew, the Chiefs knew, and now everybody knows.

I alluded to it earlier, but the stories of his drinking are also quite troubling, especially considering his health. Granted, he's not out getting in trouble, but if Type 1 Diabetes hasn't gotten him to clean up his lifestyle, what exactly will it take? Just another red flag.

At this point, I don't know how anyone could say that they don't have doubts about Cutler's mental toughness. Serious doubts, frankly, but I'll just leave it as "doubts" for now.

It certainly doesn't look too "sweet" to me.

theAPAOps5
11-04-2008, 06:26 AM
Well that's stupid. I've been here too long to give that up (over 5 years). Plus I don't care about sending people away from TJ's forum.

and I don't think I said Shanahan sucks. I know I've said he's grown old and stale in Denver lately. I like Shanahan and would love for him to turn the season around, I just can't see that happening. and don't bring up the "Well, we're first in the division!" bull****. We're 4-4 and look like we should be 1-7. We're lucky to be the worst division in the league.

I'm not the only one to see that his calls are questionable, If we keep losing games like we are (lack of discipline). I can very well see him gone.

Well I don't gave the gumption to bet mortgages. While I can see your points I just don't think Shanny is going anywhere. He is coach for life, Bowlen said it not me. Shanny won't retire so if you do the math its pretty obvious.

Broncojef
11-04-2008, 06:48 AM
Well I don't gave the gumption to bet mortgages. While I can see your points I just don't think Shanny is going anywhere. He is coach for life, Bowlen said it not me. Shanny won't retire so if you do the math its pretty obvious.

I like Shanahan as a person and believe at some point he'll see reality and step down. You're right Bowlen will never fire him, but Shanahan seems like a guy that will walk away if things aren't working and I think this is the year. These last 8 games won't be pretty and will frustrate the fan base worse and worse as each week passes. Admit it if Chokeland or the Chefs come in here and win how civil do you think this board will be towards this team? The last few years with the Lions, patriots and other high visibility games have just been nothing short of embarassing and if its rough on us Shanny must be really pissed. I hate to say it but the Browns game this week has the potential to be worse than our Patriot showing..short week, injuries etc...

Rohirrim
11-04-2008, 07:52 AM

I was just poking fun at your "prediction" capabilities. ;D I am also impressed with the Oline and the receivers. I think that part will only get better. I even believe the running game will improve as the Oline gels more and more. And I'm more than willing to believe that Cutler is just having a sophomore slump. The talent is there, and there's nobody as good as Shanahan at coaching up a QB.

But I am also convinced that Shanahan has no idea how to go about building a defense and as long as he is the lord god factotum of this team, we won't get a defense. I can't even count how many D linemen he has cycled through in the last ten years, not to mention DCs. Shanahan is great on the O side of the ball. But I don't want the Broncos to be Indy-style one hit wonders - where you build a dominating O that if conditions are right, will finally pull out one SB win. It's the D that makes a team powerful, year after year. Shanahan has to admit that when it comes to D, he has no idea what he is doing. That's why he should not have GM duties.

Taco John
11-04-2008, 08:21 AM
This was supposed to be the year, remember?

Said who? Year for what? I never imagined that we'd be fielding a Superbowl team this year, and I haven't yet given up hope that we could be a playoff team.

The kid has undeniable talent, but every week he looks more and more like a head case. Somehow a QB from a little town, who went to a college that never won anything, who's below .500 as an NFL starter, got it in his head that he's King Stud sitting atop Mount Awesome. And not only is that troublesome all by itself, every week that he goes out and can't back it up, it's like a blow to his fragile psyche.

There's no doubt that he's an immature kid. He has a lot to learn out there. I think that experience will make all the difference. This is a tough adjustment for a kid from Santa Clause, Indiana. It's not going to happen overnight, despite what modern day fans demand.

24champ
11-04-2008, 09:28 AM
People forget that Shanny is still building his castle in Cherry Hills.

Designed by Sall Residential Design Group, the 34,927-square-foot home includes a bowling alley and lounge, a poker room, a video-golf room, a racquetball court and a shuffleboard table, according to the building permit filed with Cherry Hills Village.
And that's just in the basement, where there also will be four bedrooms.
The main level includes two studies, a gallery, a music and living room, a gathering room, a dining room, a conservatory, a kids' arcade and playroom, and two bedrooms, including a master suite with his and hers closets.
There are six fireplaces; a 3,600-square-foot, six-car garage; a 2,150-square-foot guest house; a "wine residence" and guest house; a swimming pool; and two bridges.

He'll stick around for the foreseeable future...

~Crash~
11-04-2008, 09:31 AM
I hope Shanahan stays untile he wants . people were all over Joe peterno... oh his time has passed him by.... well lets see how has that turned out this year??

I think people need to sit back and enjoy I been bitching every week we lose like the rest , but this week I am going to watch and enjoy this young team win or lose... this team is going to be good by the end of the year ...

~Crash~
11-04-2008, 09:34 AM
hell I went on strike ....lol I am a crazy person with the Broncos I know...but you know I think we are about to turn this team around. not one game did I not see a chance for us to win ....this team is close

~Crash~
11-04-2008, 09:42 AM
people were all over Moss talking crap well lets see those guys that siad he was a bust...

Torain has had 3 snaps now the guy is a Bust WOW is all I got to say....

come on guys this team is not deep in talent and we are on the edge of something great IMO to many players hurt with little depth . the crazy part is we are still not bad over all there is still hope .

Eldorado
11-04-2008, 11:26 AM

This was supposed to be the year, remember? The magic 3rd year in Shanny's system. But now we're all supposed to act like it's no big deal when Cutler goes out there every week and throws up on himself. (I mean on the field, not outside the bars at 3:00 am.)

At this point, I don't know how anyone could say that they don't have doubts about Cutler's mental toughness. Serious doubts, frankly, but I'll just leave it as "doubts" for now.

It certainly doesn't look too "sweet" to me.

Awesome.

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/jcrew2/MyBrotherBilo.png

2KBack
11-04-2008, 02:04 PM

So are you saying that Shanahan didn't have anything to do with those "stud teams?"

Look at the rosters from 1994 and then look at the 1997 team, 6 whole guys carry over (7 if you count Rod on the PS). Who brought in TD, Griffith, Eddie Mac, Tony Jones, Schlereth, Nalen, Neil Smith, Alfred Williams, Romo, Mobley, brought Braxton back to play safety? There was a lot of building going on, just because superstars like Elway and Sharpe carried over, that doesn't mean Shanahan should get no credit for the rest of the team.

Ratboy
11-04-2008, 02:24 PM

I don't have a mortgage. :rofl:

Cito Pelon
11-04-2008, 08:04 PM
I agree that Shanny is not going anywhere for a few years. I'd just as soon see him gone, myself. I've been saying that since '99. I could see back then he wasn't 'great' HC material. He's ok, but nothing special as an HC. I still think he's best suited as an OC, nothing more.

We'll see. I'll have to eat some crow if he actually manages to win some more AFC West titles, AFC titles, Lombardis. Sorry, but I don't have any confidence he will.

Ratboy
04-05-2009, 12:29 AM
Bump

Kaylore
04-05-2009, 12:33 AM

Hmmmm I didn't see this before. I guess people were hinting at this before.

ludo21
04-05-2009, 12:35 AM
Shanny getting fired is still shocking to me...

What a whirlwind this offseason has been.

No shanny
No Cutler
No Goodmans

crazy

JCMElway
04-05-2009, 12:37 AM
I, for one, am ready to turn the page.

Ratboy
04-05-2009, 12:39 AM
Hmmmm I didn't see this before. I guess people were hinting at this before.

I don't see the big deal. Plenty of players go out and drink. He is 25 and young.

It is not like he is drinking till he passes out.

Ratboy
04-05-2009, 12:41 AM
Shanny getting fired is still shocking to me...

What a whirlwind this offseason has been.

No shanny
No Cutler
No Goodmans

crazy

I don't think anyone seen this coming. It's been a nightmare, that is for sure.

We all have to move on, even if it is for the worse.

JCMElway
04-05-2009, 12:55 AM
I don't think anyone seen this coming. It's been a nightmare, that is for sure.

We all have to move on, even if it is for the worse.

How much worse can it get than missing the playoffs three straight years and having the worst defense in the NFL?

worm
04-05-2009, 12:58 AM
How much worse can it get than missing the playoffs three straight years and having the worst defense in the NFL?

Well....we could be Chief or Raider fans....or Charger fans with all that wasted talent to cheer for.

All of that would be worse.

footstepsfrom#27
04-05-2009, 01:06 AM
Stay tuned...

JCMElway
04-05-2009, 01:14 AM
Stay tuned...

Whatever. We'll probably go 7-9 this year, no worse than the last three. And with the added draft picks we build towards the West title in '10 and a deep playoff push in '11.

Ratboy
04-05-2009, 01:15 AM

Losing your franchise QB too?

JCMElway
04-05-2009, 01:19 AM

If he's a selfish, spoiled, chokes under pressure pinhead who isn't over .500 in his career and hasn't won a playoff game? How much of a franchise QB could he be?

Honestly, he's had a lot of questionable actions in the past year, and his conduct in this process has just cemented it for me. I'm glad we found out now so at least we got some decent compensation for his drunk ass.

Ratboy
04-05-2009, 01:53 AM
If he's a selfish, spoiled, chokes under pressure pinhead who isn't over .500 in his career and hasn't won a playoff game? How much of a franchise QB could he be?

What the ****? Let's hear all the times he has choked. He orcastrated many come-back wins, he is the reason we were 8-8 and not 4-12.

SouthStndJunkie
04-05-2009, 02:00 AM
Whatever. We'll probably go 7-9 this year, no worse than the last three. And with the added draft picks we build towards the West title in '10 and a deep playoff push in '11.

I hope you are right....but I see a 4-12 season with a tough schedule, completely new offensive and defensive schemes and coaching staff, the loss of our pro bowl QB, and no real improvement (at this time) to our front seven.

watermock
04-05-2009, 02:26 AM
I don't see the big deal. Plenty of players go out and drink. He is 25 and young.

It is not like he is drinking till he passes out.

You mean like Orton?

watermock
04-05-2009, 02:33 AM

Not having a QB or RB. Or having a rookie HC that wanted to tear apart the 2nd ranked offense(yards), or having a 32 year old GM with no drafting experience, or having conflicting statements out of the owner?

Just admit it, Shanahan ran this team, for better or worse, and the Broncos resemble the Bolshiveck revoluton, with Lenin in charge, he will be gone only too soon...

That's why Bowlen shold of fired Slowik and let Shanny resign instead of paying off his second mansion.

Popps
04-05-2009, 02:35 AM
Great thread.

Where's that thread where Taco berated anyone for possible talking about Shanahan being fired? That was a classic. Taco dropped this big, condescending thread about how we were all idiots for discussing it, and it was time to move on. Literally like three days later, Shanahan gets canned.

watermock
04-05-2009, 02:41 AM
Great thread.

Where's that thread where Taco berated anyone for possible talking about Shanahan being fired? That was a classic. Taco dropped this big, condescending thread about how we were all idiots for discussing it, and it was time to move on. Literally like three days later, Shanahan gets canned.

Bowlen's ASKING Shanny to fire Slowick, insstead of being gutless, and getting mad, is why both Cutler and Shanny are no longer here.

Doesn't Bowlen know he can fire the DC without Shanny's permission?

04-05-2009, 02:46 AM

Answer: none.

Appendix A: Shanahan apparently has no business in the NFL AT ALL anymore.

Appendix B: Bob rules.

04-05-2009, 02:47 AM
bla bla bla bla bla

Call me when Shanny pulls his head out of his ass on defense.

Until then the Broncos are just treading water.

Now they are drowning, apparently.

watermock
04-05-2009, 02:50 AM
Great thread.

Bowlens quotes:

The Goodmans are staying

Bates is staying

Shanahan is coach for life.

I don't remember that conversation, I'm getting old.

McDummy: He's our QB.

Popps
04-05-2009, 03:06 AM
Bowlens quotes:

The Goodmans are staying

Bates is staying

Shanahan is coach for life.

I don't remember that conversation, I'm getting old.

McDummy: He's our QB.

http://www.geocities.com/colosseum/stadium/1870/bowlen.jpg

watermock
04-05-2009, 03:40 AM
Funny you should bring up a decade ago.

Typical.

Let's see how the next 10 play out.

Popps
04-05-2009, 03:46 AM

Typical.

Keep your fingers crossed. Maybe we'll be a losing organization.

UberBroncoMan
04-05-2009, 03:59 AM
You put a poll up before Shanahan was fired saying that he'd be gone, the Goodmans, and Cutler... I guarantee you NO ONE would TRULY believe it.

NO ONE.

That's how ****ing insane this offseason has been.

baja
04-05-2009, 04:00 AM
Ain't that the truth.

watermock
04-05-2009, 04:09 AM
Originally Posted by watermock

Typical.

Keep your fingers crossed. Maybe we'll be a losing organization.

Now we are.

You think 2 firsts for Cutler, who would of gone #1 in retrospect, despite his recent blunders, make this a good situation. Well, you got what you wanted.

I'll make a prdiction, Denver will go 5-11 next year and this trade will be viewed as a mistake. Bowlen will be disgraced and sell the team to citi.

tsiguy96
04-05-2009, 04:13 AM
Now we are.

You think 2 firsts for Cutler, who would of gone #1 in retrospect, despite his recent blunders, make this a good situation. Well, you got what you wanted.

I'll make a prdiction, Denver will go 5-11 next year and this trade will be viewed as a mistake. Bowlen will be disgraced and sell the team to citi.

are you completely oblivious to everything that has transpired over the last month?

NYBronco
04-05-2009, 09:25 AM
What the ****? Let's hear all the times he has choked. He orcastrated many come-back wins, he is the reason we were 8-8 and not 4-12.

He is the reason we are 8-8 and not 10-6. Besides Houculi, Jay had too many goal line/red zone ints that reversed momentum on the Broncos.

_Oro_
04-05-2009, 09:35 AM
Now we are.

We could have gotten Detroits one but didn't even want it.

vancejohnson82
04-05-2009, 10:24 AM
Now we are.

yet another person that wants to evaluate this trade on the results of next season....

thats not the way it works

Rock Chalk
04-05-2009, 10:35 AM

Who says we lost a franchise QB? A choker in big games doesnt sound like a franchise QB to me. A whiner and pouty baby doesnt sound like a franchise QB to me.

We got rid of a spoiled, entitled brat. Essentially, we got rid of the football version of Nancy Pelosi. That just means our team got better.

BTW Taco, good call on this thread :) HAHAHAHHAHA.

BroncoInferno
04-05-2009, 01:02 PM
Classic, if Tribbey had accepted the terms, Taco would have owed him $10 million Ha!

colonelbeef
04-05-2009, 02:19 PM
He is the reason we are 8-8 and not 10-6. Besides Houculi, Jay had too many goal line/red zone ints that reversed momentum on the Broncos.

hang your remote up, you just don't understand team football. you would probably do much better with golf or tennis, where it truly is 1 player deciding everything on his own.

baja
04-05-2009, 03:24 PM
hang your remote up, you just don't understand team football. you would probably do much better with golf or tennis, where it truly is 1 player deciding everything on his own.

I miss you as a lurker.

frerottenextelway
04-05-2009, 03:27 PM

He had 1 int inside the 10, and we the game.

I'm sure we would've won 10 games last year with that D though. If you look at the only comparable D in the league, Detroit, they did pretty well.

Bronx33
04-05-2009, 03:37 PM
I miss you as a lurker.

:spit:

Dagmar
04-05-2009, 04:00 PM
are you completely oblivious to everything that has transpired over the last month?

It's mock. He's a mong.

Dagmar
04-05-2009, 04:02 PM

You and lex should get in a car and drive off a cliff. Or be Chiefs fans or something.

Spider
04-05-2009, 04:22 PM
Meh

Tombstone RJ
04-05-2009, 04:45 PM

Eh, ok Beavis...

Popps
04-05-2009, 04:55 PM
He had 1 int inside the 10, and we the game.
ll.

Cutler's biggest game of the year was the Buffalo game. At that point, knowing what was ahead of us, it was really make or break for the playoffs.

Here's a random review of his performance from Footballguys.....

Week 16 vs BUF - Early in the fourth quarter Cutler broke the franchise record for most passing yardage in a single season. Obviously, the original record was set by the legendary Broncos' quarterback Jake Plummer. Even though Cutler probably helped a few fantasy owners nail down a championship, he didn't do Denver any favors. The problems seemed to start when his helmet receiver began acting up and he couldn't get the calls. He had to jog over to the sideline after every whistle to get the next play. Unfortunately, he was not mature enough to keep his focus. He kept wasting time arguing with officials and he was eventually flagged twice for delay of game. The first penalty was especially costly and came with about two minutes left in the half. It meant Prater had to attempt a FG from 54 yards away instead of 49 and the ball sailed just under the crossbar. Buffalo took over at their own 44, marched down to score a touchdown just before the half, and put the Bills right back into the game. Cutler also overthrew a wide open Eddie Royal down the sidelines and again in the end zone.

Of course, we know about his eventual INT at crunch time and missing Stokely in the end zone later in the game.

So, let's not pretend this guy is a "franchise" quarterback yet. In his biggest test of the season, he played like junk. Costly penalties, missed receivers,
crucial turnovers and only two TDs in 6 red-zone trips.

John Elway?

That's funny.

baja
04-05-2009, 05:06 PM
Cutler's biggest game of the year was the Buffalo game. At that point, knowing what was ahead of us, it was really make or break for the playoffs.

Week 16 vs BUF - Early in the fourth quarter Cutler broke the franchise record for most passing yardage in a single season. Obviously, the original record was set by the legendary Broncos' quarterback Jake Plummer. Even though Cutler probably helped a few fantasy owners nail down a championship, he didn't do Denver any favors. The problems seemed to start when his helmet receiver began acting up and he couldn't get the calls. He had to jog over to the sideline after every whistle to get the next play. Unfortunately, he was not mature enough to keep his focus. He kept wasting time arguing with officials and he was eventually flagged twice for delay of game. The first penalty was especially costly and came with about two minutes left in the half. It meant Prater had to attempt a FG from 54 yards away instead of 49 and the ball sailed just under the crossbar. Buffalo took over at their own 44, marched down to score a touchdown just before the half, and put the Bills right back into the game. Cutler also overthrew a wide open Eddie Royal down the sidelines and again in the end zone.

Of course, we know about his eventual INT at crunch time and missing Stokely in the end zone later in the game.

So, let's not pretend this guy is a "franchise" quarterback yet. In his biggest test of the season, he played like junk. Costly penalties, missed receivers,

John Elway?

That's funny.

And he may have been hung over that day too.

frerottenextelway
04-05-2009, 06:25 PM

John Elway?

That's funny.

Thanks for the ''random review'', but I watched the game.

I remember early in that game it was 3rd down near our own goaline and the D came absolutely free at him. Cutler picked up the first and we eventually kicked a short fg. If that is Orton back there I don't see any way we're not punting from our own endzone, at best. Games are going to get ugly real quick this year.

Same kind of deal with the pass to Stokely. They came absolutely clean at him. I don't see any way Orton even gets that pass off whereas at least Cutler gave Stokes a chance at it.

Fact is, Cutler is something like 13-1 when the D holds them to 3 TDs or less. He's going to get that on a weekly basis in Chicago, along with sweet field position and gimmie touchdowns that he never got here.

We're going to stink. Hope I'm wrong.

TonyR
04-05-2009, 06:40 PM
If that is Orton back there...

Again, I think most everybody knows that Cutler is better than Orton. You need to firmly grasp 2 things:
1) Jay Cutler was traded because he wasn't showing a commitment to the organization. You can't have your "leader" showing a bad example and setting bad precedents. He had to go.
2) This team wasn't going anywhere with the defense the way it was. The trade gives us the opportunity to upgrade the team over the next two years with two additional first round picks plus a third rounder.

You want this to be about Cutler compared to Orton. It's not.

frerottenextelway
04-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Again, I think most everybody knows that Cutler better than Orton.

Everybody doesn't.

MplsBronco
04-05-2009, 09:57 PM
Great thread. Further proof that reality is the opposite of the "TJ Take". Based on his views of the whole Cutler fiasco, I have absolutely no doubt that Bowlen made the right decision and that this team is going to rebound sooner than later.

tsiguy96
04-05-2009, 10:02 PM
We're going to stink. Hope I'm wrong.

then stop predicting doom and gloom and predict good **** that will happen. its a game, entertainment, treat it as such and have fun with it, not get pissed off and mad about it especially considering you cannot control it.

worm
04-05-2009, 10:18 PM
Again, I think most everybody knows that Cutler is better than Orton. You need to firmly grasp 2 things:
1) Jay Cutler was traded because he wasn't showing a commitment to the organization. You can't have your "leader" showing a bad example and setting bad precedents. He had to go.
2) This team wasn't going anywhere with the defense the way it was. The trade gives us the opportunity to upgrade the team over the next two years with two additional first round picks plus a third rounder.

You want this to be about Cutler compared to Orton. It's not.

I agree with your two points...with qualifications. Jay was traded because he wasn't showing a commitment to the organization in the last month.

Before realizing that he didn't want to go to war with the current FO or want more money or what ever the tipping point was for him...he WAS a leader. He WAS working in the off season to learn the new playbook. He DID work with his TEs\WRs in Atlanta on his own time to get better. He was doing what a QB should do to lead his team. If people don't consider him a 'franchise' QB, he was at least the face of this franchise and there was a lot to be excited about with him taking the snaps for the next 10 years.

To call him mentally unstable, a drunk, or a lot of the other things you have heard around here sounds, in my opinion, like a scorned lover.

Time will tell if we are better with the picks...but regardless, a point of no return was reached weeks ago. Given that, the Broncos made lemonade out of lemons and we now just need to cross our fingers that McDaniels can hit on these picks. This could be the most important draft in franchise history. It could also ultimately determine the fate of this leadership team.

Atwater His Ass
04-05-2009, 11:20 PM
Man, don't be confusing facts in here about what Cutler really did and meant to this team over his time here. I mean, ****, what how would Alec and Popps keep their e-thugging up then?

Popps
04-05-2009, 11:30 PM
Man, don't be confusing facts in here about what Cutler really did and meant to this team over his time here. I mean, ****, what how would Alec and Popps keep their e-thugging up then?

It's very apparent what he did for the team.

Compiled a losing record.... choked in our biggest game, and flat-out quit on his teammates and the fans because he got a little mental owie.

There's no problem with facts. It's fiction that seems to be a problem around here. You know, calling a guy who's never won anything "a franchise quarterback."

****ing guy's got a passer rating below 90, has won nothing, quit on his team.. . and he's a "franchise" quarterback?

Bitch, please.

BroncoBuff
04-06-2009, 03:04 AM
It's very apparent what he did for the team.

Compiled a losing record.... choked in our biggest game, and flat-out quit on his teammates and the fans because he got a little mental owie.

There's no problem with facts. It's fiction that seems to be a problem around here. You know, calling a guy who's never won anything "a franchise quarterback."

****ing guy's got a passer rating below 90, has won nothing, quit on his team.. . and he's a "franchise" quarterback?

b****, please.

You're becoming toxic. Really.

You got your wish, now take your medication ... have a cream soda ... do some damn thing.