PDA

View Full Version : Iverson for Chauncey Billups and Antonio McDyess

Peoples Champ
11-03-2008, 10:08 AM
People, get ready for the 08-09 revenge / reunion tour. Chauncey and Antonio McDyess will bring the defense back to the Nuggets, while Anthony and JR Smith will continue to score.

Kaylore
11-03-2008, 10:09 AM
We had to give up a pick for both. That's a sick trade for the nugs.

broncofan2438
11-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Is this for real?

Garcia Bronco
11-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Bye Iverson. Get out of my state

theAPAOps5
11-03-2008, 10:11 AM
Did you not see the thread already started on this?

theAPAOps5
11-03-2008, 10:12 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=73497

Ah I see this thread is on the mane page while the above thread is where it should be.

ColoradoBuff
11-03-2008, 10:15 AM
wow.....wonder if Iverson asked/demanded to be traded?

bronco militia
11-03-2008, 10:27 AM
sweet!

24champ
11-03-2008, 10:27 AM
Wonder if I can start my LAKERS WILL win the Title thread.

Peoples Champ
11-03-2008, 10:28 AM
Did you not see the thread already started on this?

No sorry

theAPAOps5
11-03-2008, 10:28 AM
No Lakers will choke again in the playoffs. Kobe can't do **** without Shaq. Hey Kobe tell Shaq how his ass tastes.

theAPAOps5
11-03-2008, 10:29 AM
No sorry

No worries I really shouldn't care it just is hard to discuss it in 2 threads. 3 counting the all NBA thread. Sorry if I came across a-hole

bronco militia
11-03-2008, 10:30 AM
No worries I really shouldn't care it just is hard to discuss it in 2 threads. 3 counting the all NBA thread. Sorry if I came across a-hole

came across?!?!?

but you are an a-hole!

:D

theAPAOps5
11-03-2008, 10:31 AM
came across?!?!?

but you are an a-hole!

:D

Oh yeah good point. I am grumpy but didn't want to be an a-hole. :D

Peoples Champ
11-03-2008, 10:34 AM

Ya , i guess I am just lazy. Didnt feel like going through the NBA thread. Plus I am so down from the Broncos, I needed something to cheer me up.

24champ
11-03-2008, 10:35 AM
No Lakers will choke again in the playoffs. Kobe can't do **** without Shaq. Hey Kobe tell Shaq how his ass tastes.

Lakers will win 75 games, and sweep the Thuggets again en route to a Title.

theAPAOps5
11-03-2008, 10:38 AM
Lakers will win 75 games, and sweep the Thuggets again en route to a Title.

Hey Kobe tell Shaq how his ass tastes.

Atlas
11-03-2008, 10:39 AM
I think this is a stupid trade. McDysse is old and just about washed up. Billups is declining and always seems like he plays scared when the 4th quarter roles around.

I'll miss Iverson's play, dedication and team work. He didn't mind playing second fiddle to Anthony.

I hope Anthony can step up now because it's all about him.

theAPAOps5
11-03-2008, 10:42 AM
I wouldn't call Iverson a team player. He is a ball stopper. The offense stops when the ball gets to him. He is fun to watch but he isn't going to help Denver get to the playoffs and maybe actually win a series with his style of play.

OBF1
11-03-2008, 10:42 AM
Hey Kobe tell Shaq how his ass tastes.

Since you are the ass tasting expert, why not tell us.... since it seems to be your hot topic of the day

theAPAOps5
11-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Since you are the ass tasting expert, why not tell us.... since it seems to be your hot topic of the day

LOL relax its just a joke. No need for pissy posts. I always give A.L.F. **** about the Lakers. Its a friendly rivalry.

FantomForce
11-03-2008, 10:44 AM
This is a b.s. trade our tat count is going to go way down. Everyone knows that the Thuggets draw special powers from the tattoos, damn! Oh well we will probably miss the playoffs again go back to the drawing board at the end of the year and then trade Billups and Antonio for younger more inexperienced players:thanku:

Peoples Champ
11-03-2008, 10:45 AM
I think this is a stupid trade. McDysse is old and just about washed up. Billups is declining and always seems like he plays scared when the 4th quarter roles around.

I'll miss Iverson's play, dedication and team work. He didn't mind playing second fiddle to Anthony.

I hope Anthony can step up now because it's all about him.

No, we are talking about Practice....not a game.....not a game....practice.....how the heck am I supposed to get better in practice........im supposed to be a franchise player and we are talking about practice

Pick Six
11-03-2008, 10:46 AM
The real question is "Can any of them play safety?";D

24champ
11-03-2008, 10:47 AM

Zing!

I think Apa knows that the Thuggets like how our ass tastes. 0-8 vs the Lakers lately.:rofl:

24champ
11-03-2008, 10:49 AM
LOL relax its just a joke. No need for pissy posts. I always give A.L.F. **** about the Lakers. Its a friendly rivalry.

Plus its rivalry week. I play you in FF this week. It's on b*tch .;D

theAPAOps5
11-03-2008, 10:50 AM
Zing!

I think Apa knows that the Thuggets like how our ass tastes. 0-8 vs the Lakers lately.:rofl:

Ha yeah they definitely do. Honestly the Lakers are stout and deep on the bench. They are a good team with a good future. I was laughing out loud when Gasol dunked all over the Nugget the other night.

theAPAOps5
11-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Plus its rivalry week. I play you in FF this week. It's on b*tch .;D

LOL I must have really pissed of CBF1 with my comment. The dude neg repped me and his rep is like a billion points! I guess he never noticed our back and forth about the Lakers.

Oh and if I were you I would feel very comfortable facing me this coming week. My team is tanking. Cutler was racking up points and he has gone all dumb on me so it might be time to bench him but I think you have a good chance to tear me the shreds.

SouthStndJunkie
11-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Nice to see Chauncey back home.

montrose
11-03-2008, 10:54 AM
Love this trade! Welcome home Chauncey!

FYI, there's talk the Nugz will be buying out McDyess.

Peoples Champ
11-03-2008, 10:55 AM
Wonder if I can start my LAKERS WILL win the Title thread.

Wasnt there one of those last year?

rovolution
11-03-2008, 11:10 AM
its appropriate that Chauncey will finish his NBA days in his home town.

the Iverson-Anthony-Camby trio just didnt yield any results. glad the FO recognized this and are trying to shake things up. Chauncey is more of a pure PG and that will help Melo and JR tremendously.

Bronco X
11-03-2008, 12:44 PM
Chauncey is more of a pure PG and that will help Melo and JR tremendously.

Bingo. I love AI but his game is being the main scorer, dominating the ball. He can't play any other way. In terms of chemistry Chauncey is a way better fit.

BroncoBuff
11-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Very very good trade ... JR can start now with Billups (a true point guard), and McDyess is a godsend after losing Camby.

How much does McDyess have left in the tank?

BroncoBuff
11-03-2008, 01:35 PM
Bingo. I love AI but his game is being the main scorer, dominating the ball.
And he's a matchup problem ... as good as he is on offense, he's not a true point guard. And he can't defend the opponent's shooting guard. Actually, if we had managed to keep Andre Miller, that wouldda worked because Andre could swap between 1 on offense and 2 on defense.

But no matter, it's Chauncey and JR now ... nice pair.

Peoples Champ
11-03-2008, 01:36 PM
Very very good trade ... JR can start now with Billups (a true point guard), and McDyess is a godsend after losing Camby.

How much does McDyess have left in the tank?

I think I heard that they will by him out and drop him. For some technical reason he has to be part of the trade.

Peoples Champ
11-03-2008, 01:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI

BroncoBuff
11-03-2008, 01:44 PM
No way Peoples.... McDyess had 8.5 rebounds and 9 points a game last year. And he plays defense ... he's a big deal in this thing.

Peoples Champ
11-03-2008, 01:45 PM
No way Peoples.... McDyess had 8.5 rebounds and 9 points a game last year. And he plays defense ... he's a big deal in this thing.

No I want him on the team, I think he would do good. But I heard that from Steven A Smith and somewhere else that he would be dropped. I am not sure why.

BroncoBuff
11-03-2008, 01:48 PM
I hope not. Those are good numbers ... and he plays D.

BroncoBuff
11-03-2008, 02:12 PM
No I want him on the team, I think he would do good. But I heard that from Steven A Smith and somewhere else that he would be dropped. I am not sure why.
Stephen A. Smith must've been referring to Juwon Howard ... the Nuggest just released Howard after the trade was announced.

McDyess is a great addition imo ... I'm looking forward to a Nene/K-Mart/McDyess rotation at C/PF ... and a few minutes for the Birdman on top. They just re-signed Balkman, too. Is he any good?

Peoples Champ
11-03-2008, 02:32 PM
Stephen A. Smith must've been referring to Juwon Howard ... the Nuggest just released Howard after the trade was announced.

McDyess is a great addition imo ... I'm looking forward to a Nene/K-Mart/McDyess rotation at C/PF ... and a few minutes for the Birdman on top. They just re-signed Balkman, too. Is he any good?

Not sure, I have always thought we should have gotten rid of Kmart instead of Camby, I always thought Kmart was overpaid and overrated. But we will have to see. I hope McDyess can play, I am not sure what will happen with him. We need that D.

Master___Pain
11-03-2008, 03:51 PM
I think I heard that they will by him out and drop him. For some technical reason he has to be part of the trade.

McDyess does not want to be a Nugget allegedly, the Nugget front office is trying to convince Dice that he would fit here. If not they could buyout his contract and he could sign anywhere or he can retire. I hope the releasing of Howard is indicative of McDyess changing his tune and deciding the 3rd time around would not be so bad.

GSRelyea
11-03-2008, 04:39 PM
According to ESPN McDyess will be waived then will wait the 30 days and re-sign with the Pistons. Which sucks because he could have really helped us inside.

montrose
11-03-2008, 05:49 PM

Juwan was waived because he was the only non-guaranteed player on the roster, he'll be resigned after McDyess is waived.

They just re-signed Balkman, too. Is he any good?

They picked up his option. He's hurt right now but a really good defender and energy guy. He's a like a younger, more athletic Eduardo Najera, but without the 3 point jumper Eddy developed last year.

Not sure, I have always thought we should have gotten rid of Kmart instead of Camby, I always thought Kmart was overpaid and overrated. But we will have to see. I hope McDyess can play, I am not sure what will happen with him. We need that D.

K-Mart's the most untradeable player in the league with that contract. While he is clearly WAY overpaid, when healthy he's actually a pretty good player. He's a really good defender who can run the floor and finish plays - not a star by any means but a damn good role player. I liked Camby a lot but he was far more overrated, IMO. He'd string together 20 rebound, 5 block games against bad teams which would inflate his averages but watching Gasol own his @$$ in the paint told me all I needed to know. I'm not trying to dog Camby, he was a loyal Nugget for years and a great guy in the community - I just think K-Mart's a better player.

McDyess does not want to be a Nugget allegedly, the Nugget front office is trying to convince Dice that he would fit here. If not they could buyout his contract and he could sign anywhere or he can retire. I hope the releasing of Howard is indicative of McDyess changing his tune and deciding the 3rd time around would not be so bad.

Actually, there were never any plans for Dice to play here. He was in the trade to make the salaries work. The Nuggets are close to finalizing his buyout which would put his cap number at about $3 million and help the Nuggets get below the luxury tax which was a major priority this season. Howard had to be released as the Nuggets would've had 16 players on the roster, once the buyout is finalized and Dice is released - they'll resign Howard.

According to ESPN McDyess will be waived then will wait the 30 days and re-sign with the Pistons. Which sucks because he could have really helped us inside.

I agree Dice could've helped us on the court as well as with the fan base but the opportunity to buy him out and get under the luxury tax was one the Nuggets couldn't refuse. Within six months, the Nuggets have possibly become a better team with a true PG running the show; become younger with guys like JR, LK and Balkman; and gotten under the luxury tax.

I have no doubt Bearup was responsible for all of this as there's no way those idiots Warkentein and Chapman could've pulled this off.

Projected Nuggets Rotation
Starters: Nene, Martin, Anthony, Smith, Billups
Reserves: Kleiza, Balkman, Andersen, Carter, Jones, Howard, Atkins, Hunter, Samb, Weems

Los Broncos
11-03-2008, 06:19 PM
Heard about it on the way home.

Pistons want to mix it up a little.

Iverson and Sheed will make for some good media.

DcDyess goes back home to the nuggs.

spdirty
11-03-2008, 06:38 PM
Well I flat loved AI here, flat loved him. Dude gave it everything he had...problem was he was kind of a ball stopper and his defense was a liability.

Now Chauncey, YES! Welcome back home where you truly belong brotha! FINALLY have a true legit point guard for the first time since trading Dre. When I first heard about this trade I was kinda like WTF?!?!? But now I like it a lot. Get Smith in the starting rotation and get him more minutes, and Anthony Carter is back to where he belongs. Good backup point guard getting maybe 10-15 minutes a game. Now if this Nuggets team can stay healthy I think they can win the division and maybe FINALLY a playoff round.

Now damnit he better finish his career here. Its only right.

Los Broncos
11-03-2008, 06:55 PM
Can we just start the playoffs now?

We just about know who's going every year.

Just sit through a boring season.

theAPAOps5
11-03-2008, 07:01 PM
Well Buff be prepared to be disappointed. I read on another site McDyess is opting for the buy out.

Its what the teams want anyways as it gets them closer to the Luxury cap. They went from audaciously over the limit to pretty damn close to it pretty damn quick.

spdirty
11-03-2008, 07:18 PM
Anyone rule out the possibility of AI coming back to Denver next year?

theAPAOps5
11-03-2008, 07:25 PM

Yes he won't be back and Denver doesn't want him back. He was finally showing signs of age. Scott Hastings, who might be a horrible color commentator for the Nuggs but knows basketball said AI came into camp and the season with a ho-hum attitude. He was unhappy about not getting a new deal and didn't care.

That and he is a ball stopper. He wants the ball and when things get tight rather then penetrate and kick out he penetrates, lowers his head and chucks it up. It just wasn't a good fit. It sold tickets and last year he played his heart out but the make up of the team just didn't spell success.

My bet is he returns to Philly if they will have him.

montrose
11-03-2008, 09:16 PM

Anything's possible but Stan made it clear he wants the Nugz under the luxury tax. If we were to go over, it'd probably be to use their trade exception.

DB_champ24
11-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Yes he won't be back and Denver doesn't want him back. He was finally showing signs of age. Scott Hastings, who might be a horrible color commentator for the Nuggs but knows basketball said AI came into camp and the season with a ho-hum attitude. He was unhappy about not getting a new deal and didn't care.

That and he is a ball stopper. He wants the ball and when things get tight rather then penetrate and kick out he penetrates, lowers his head and chucks it up. It just wasn't a good fit. It sold tickets and last year he played his heart out but the make up of the team just didn't spell success.

My bet is he returns to Philly if they will have him.

Ha thats funny a ball stopper, a ball stopper is Carmelo Anthony, he takes dumb shots and don't forget he plays no D whatsoever then calls out his teammates. Don't call one of the best players in NBA history a ball stopper, especially one of the top 3 scorers ever, that's just retarded.

But I do agree, I think he will want to go back to Philly after this year and I hope they resign him.

theAPAOps5
11-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Well he is a ball stopper and we are talking about AI not Melo. The ball stops at both of them. When they are off the team tanks because they are ball stoppers. Its why he is such a high scorer. Do you even no what you are talking about?

RhymesayersDU
11-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Iverson is still great and always has been great.

But he was a bad fit for Denver. Actually, Denver's team was a bad fit for everybody involved. AI and Carmelo could have worked given a better team around them. Issues at PG, issues at PF, and issues at Center really hurt them.

Bottom line is, it's not a full-blown rebuild, but they're trying to start over, at least it seems to me. Nuggets needed a true PG, and they got one. Billups IS aging at 32, but he has 3 years left and I believe he will play out his contract very well.

We'll see what happens with Nene. If he can stay healthy and if he can produce. We all know Kenyon was never worth the money, but at least he's healthy now. Carmelo is still a great ball player, he shoots at a high clip (anybody questioning that can just look up the stats, he shoots at a very hig % given he is a wing player/on the perimeter) and his rebounding increases yearly. Hopefully he can continue to improve on defense.

DB_champ24
11-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Well he is a ball stopper and we are talking about AI not Melo. The ball stops at both of them. When they are off the team tanks because they are ball stoppers. Its why he is such a high scorer. Do you even no what you are talking about?
Ya I do, but that's every superstar scorer, teams depend on them to carry a certain load, but Iverson does distribute the ball and makes things happen. When he drives into the lane he gets others open and will dish it off, call him a ball hog all you want but I've watched him his whole career and he creates for other people. When Lebron isnt getting things going, his team struggles, same with all the superstars.
Calling him a ball stopper is just dumb IMO, maybe it's the nuggets who need to get some new players and a new coach and play some D and these dumb terms wouldn't come up, and they did and I'm glad Iverson's outta Denver and he can contend for a championship in Detroit rather than have another one and done in the Playoffs with no heart Melo.

Actually Ball stopper might be the dumbest term I've heard, because with your logic, all superstars with off games and worthless supporting casts are ball stoppers.

theAPAOps5
11-04-2008, 04:47 PM
Ballstopper is not my termn. its a term widely used around the league to define players who don't work with their team. Just because you don't understand doesn't make it dumb.

He won't be contending for anything in Detroit they just took a team and made it a bunch of individuals.

But its clear you just want to bag on Melo so why not just say I hate Melo rather then post the rest?

DB_champ24
11-04-2008, 04:54 PM
Ballstopper is not my termn. its a term widely used around the league to define players who don't work with their team. Just because you don't understand doesn't make it dumb.

He won't be contending for anything in Detroit they just took a team and made it a bunch of individuals.

But its clear you just want to bag on Melo so why not just say I hate Melo rather then post the rest?
Ive played basketball all my life and have been on some really good teams and have played in big tournaments learned countless offensive plays and have ran loads of defenses and I pay attention to college and the NBA and have never once heard the term Ball Stopper

You'll be surprised with Detroit and actually I like Melo and think he's one of the best international players but in the NBA he's too inconsistent and he hasnt shown he can be someone you can rely on. He also plays no defense and it's not the fact that he's not good at it, it's just he doesn't try and that really bothers me about him.

Master___Pain
11-04-2008, 04:56 PM
I've heard the term ball stopper aka black hole plenty of times.

DB_champ24
11-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Haha I've heard of stop or step up on the guy bringing up the ball on a fast break ASAP but not ball stopper, maybe it's an old mans term? :wiggle:

theAPAOps5
11-04-2008, 05:35 PM
Haha I've heard of stop or step up on the guy bringing up the ball on a fast break ASAP but not ball stopper, maybe it's an old mans term? :wiggle:

Well I am only 29 so I wouldn't say I am an old man. I have played B-Ball all my life too my best sport next to baseball. So I understand the game too.

You are right on Melo though he is a great international player but he has zero defense and takes horrible shots at times when he feels the need to force the ball. So I definitely agree with you on that.

spdirty
11-06-2008, 09:52 PM
This interview gives me goosebumps. Wearing number 7 to honor the duke.

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_10917996

Broncosfreak_56
11-07-2008, 11:20 PM
So far, so good. :D

Broncosfreak_56
11-14-2008, 08:41 PM
Huge win today.

theAPAOps5
11-14-2008, 10:05 PM
Wow I was watching movies and missed the game. People said this road trip would tell us how good this team is going to be. Well I think they are a much better team and a threat. Their half court offense is tons better, Melo is playing Defense and they have a floor leader in Chauncey. Best thing they could have done was this trade.

Broncosfreak_56
11-14-2008, 11:17 PM
Wow I was watching movies and missed the game. People said this road trip would tell us how good this team is going to be. Well I think they are a much better team and a threat. Their half court offense is tons better, Melo is playing Defense and they have a floor leader in Chauncey. Best thing they could have done was this trade.

I agree. I and yesterday's game was very winnable too, if our defense would have just defended the paint better.

I am exited too see how this trade plays out in the long run.

Bronco X
11-19-2008, 11:09 PM
Another nice win tonight. They blew out the Spurs, granted without Parker and Ginobili, but like the Boston game it was on the road on the second night of a back to back. Chauncey has had an incredible calming, steadying influence on this team.

BroncoBuff
11-20-2008, 02:11 PM
Iverson is still great and always has been great. But he was a bad fit for Denver.
Yes he was - and he'd be a bad fit with the majority of teams - because he's a flip-flopper. He's a 2-guard on offense, but he's too small to guard the opponent's 2-guard on defense. He works with Detroit (on paper at least) because Hamilton is that rare bird who can: 1) play point guard on offense, 2) not demand too many shots, and 3) had solid enough defense to guard the opponent's 2-guard. Neither JR Smith nor Anthony Carter could fill that bill.

Obviously the trade is GREAT for us even without McDyess ... we're like 7-1 with Chauncey now. Is the only loss that close on in Cleveland?

BroncoBuff
11-20-2008, 02:15 PM
Yep, 7-1.

The day after that great win in Boston, the Celtics flew to Milwaukee and beat the Bucks Saturday. The day after that loss to Boston, the Bucks flew to Denver and lost to us. You can't make this stuff up. ;D

Master___Pain
11-20-2008, 05:07 PM
This trade seems to be working out well for both teams. CB7 is exactly what the Nuggs needed. They are actually a good defensive team now.

spdirty
11-21-2008, 10:59 PM
Lakers pretty much brought us down to earth tonight.:(

24champ
11-22-2008, 12:02 PM
Lakers pretty much brought us down to earth tonight.:(
Lakers are on another planet as far as basketball teams go. Lakers are on a mission after last seasons loss to the Celtics.

Not to say the nuggs suck, they are a good team and they might get a high seed this year with their improved D.

Broncosfreak_56
11-23-2008, 09:54 PM
Very fun game today. They like to wait until 6 minutes left to dominate.

Bronco X
12-01-2008, 07:37 AM
Records so far with their respective new teams:

Iverson: 6-6
Billups: 11-3

If you add in the small number of games with their former teams, Iverson is 7-8, Billups 13-3.