PDA

View Full Version : Around The NFL:

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76

Rohirrim
10-05-2015, 08:41 AM
Mike Shanahan's name popping up in the rumor mill regarding the soon-to-be-empty Miami coaching job?

baja
10-05-2015, 09:08 AM
Mike Shanahan's name popping up in the rumor mill regarding the soon-to-be-empty Miami coaching job?

Well there is the tanning perk in Maimi

ludo21
10-05-2015, 09:14 AM
nice!

QB and offense to work with, defense with studs, just need a REAL HC. Shanny back coaching would be fun.

Wes Mantooth
10-05-2015, 09:17 AM
nice!

QB and offense to work with, defense with studs, just need a REAL HC. Shanny back coaching would be fun.

It's where he wanted to be anyway. Would watch.

Gutless Drunk
10-05-2015, 09:51 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dolphins officially have fired Joe Philbin, as Sun-Sentinel reported.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/651061414925217792">October 5, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

baja
10-05-2015, 10:19 AM
I hope they hire Shanahan. I do think he could turn that offense around without a meddling owner. If he is paired with a good DC and does not insist on being the GM he could do wonders for that team.

DENVERDUI55
10-05-2015, 10:26 AM
I hope they hire Shanahan. I do think he could turn that offense around without a meddling owner. If he is paired with a good DC and does not insist on being the GM he could do wonders for that team.

You know he would bring his best friend Slowick to be the DC.

ColoradoDarin
10-05-2015, 11:54 AM
Also:

Tebow >>>> Bradford

Bradford sucks, he really, really sucks. Rams O looks much better, Eagles looks much worse.

69bronco
10-05-2015, 11:57 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dolphins officially have fired Joe Philbin, as Sun-Sentinel reported.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/651061414925217792">October 5, 2015</a></blockquote>

Former NYG TE Dan Campbell is the interim

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-dan-campbell-to-be-named-interim-dolphins-coach-20151005-story.html

SoCalBronco
10-05-2015, 11:57 AM

At least one Miami team I'll root for wouldn't be a joke then.

IndelibleScribe
10-05-2015, 12:12 PM

You mean to tell me that the Dolphins want to mix Suh and Shanahan? After what took place with Haynesworth and the issues with RGIII?
That is a terrible idea.

Tannehill would likely be epic in his offense but man.... the personnel moves and the defense would be ****.

55CrushEm
10-05-2015, 12:16 PM
Bradford sucks, he really, really sucks.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VcTrI6W8vIY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

broncosteven
10-05-2015, 12:27 PM
You mean to tell me that the Dolphins want to mix Suh and Shanahan? After what took place with Haynesworth and the issues with RGIII?
That is a terrible idea.

Tannehill would likely be epic in his offense but man.... the personnel moves and the defense would be ****.

Ihop IN DA HIZZY!

IndelibleScribe
10-05-2015, 12:40 PM
Ihop IN DA HIZZY!

That SOB is right up their with Dale Carter in terms of stealing money from the Broncos.

Rohirrim
10-05-2015, 12:47 PM
Ihop IN DA HIZZY!

IHOP? That was Daryl Gardener. I remember Mock coined the perfect name for him: Bench Turd. Hilarious!

LeftCoastBronco
10-05-2015, 01:28 PM
The little man upstairs... Hilarious!

Gort
10-05-2015, 05:28 PM
wow. the Dolphins are more of a mess than we realize, and Tannehill is a douchnozzle and bad teammate.

On Saturday during practice, Tannehill, after a couple of practice squad players forced turnovers, Tannehill made negative comments toward them, including saying: “Enjoy your practice squad paycheck, enjoy your practice squad trophy.”

Sources say this has been going on for the past few weeks as the practice squad players have been intercepting Tannehill and frustrating the former Texas A&M wide receiver turned quarterback. ...

Philbin told the practice squad players to take it easy on Tannehill to not affect the young quarterback’s confidence.

http://news.yahoo.com/dolphins-ryan-tannehill-reportedly-told-175401570.html

Action
10-05-2015, 05:30 PM
Shanahan can go to Miami and set that franchise back another 10.

But the Miami tan would fit him well.

The QB even has a name that bodes well

Tan Marino

Action
10-05-2015, 06:30 PM
Your attitude is especially hilarious with how hard you defend Josh McDaniels Hilarious!

considering 1 won a super bowl last year and the other has had a mediocre/poor coaching career post John Elway, and a terrible GMing career - I'm not sure what you're point is.

My defense of Josh McDaniels is backed by success, current success. Modern day success.

What is yours backed by?

Action
10-05-2015, 06:38 PM
Mike Shanahan gave the Broncos their best seasons ever.

Josh McDaniels gave the Broncos their darkest season ever.

You're such a child.

In the late 1990's. Move forward and stop living in the past.

How many games did Shanahan win in the playoffs after Elway? What has been Shanahan's playoff - coaching seasons ratio since Elway?

People want to talk about McDaniels and Brady but can't draw lines with Shanahan and Elway.

Josh McDaniels was a necessity to what Shanahan did. Without Josh McDaniels we wouldn't have what we have today. We'd still be stuck with Jay Cutler.

Action
10-05-2015, 06:38 PM
PS. You had to edit this ****ty post? :rofl:

Yup.

Action
10-05-2015, 06:42 PM
Shanahan is garbage, history has shown this. Meaning - the past 15 years of history.

I'm not even sure how you can be a fan of his and see yourself as any sort of knowledgeable human being. It's one thing to say that he had success with Elway, and then 1 magical year with Plummer due to Kubiak...then it is another to claim that he is somehow still a viable HC. The dude put on a sht show in Washington, was it really a surprise?

And Ha! to all the dumbass Broncos fans that followed him there...and bandwagon back over here.

All that schooling and you're still dumb as fck Rev. What a waste of time, energy, and money in your life.

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-46067-charlton-heston-laughing-gif-I-M2zI.gif

Gort
10-05-2015, 06:47 PM
PS. You had to edit this ****ty post? :rofl:

anyone defending "Fake Hoodie" is betraying the fact that they are NE fans. outside of NE, nobody would defend that little turd.

BTW, "Fake Hoodie" is what Shannon Sharpe calls him.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
10-05-2015, 06:48 PM
A nice timeline on McDaniels time here in great detail.

http://www.joshmcdanielssucks.com/timeline/

There's proof that NE succeeded Without McDaniels. One of their best offensive years(2010) they didn't even have an official OC. There's no proof McDaniels has succeeded outside of NE. Much like the laundry list of other coaches who left there for other teams.

baja
10-05-2015, 06:49 PM
If Detriot beat the Seahawks we will instantly be a better team right guys?

Gort
10-05-2015, 06:59 PM
If Detriot beat the Seahawks we will instantly be a better team right guys?

yep!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothetical_syllogism

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/3d/3d97326cc0d37865a2918ae8d1ece86c5d33123962b4303f8c 073e6394bb42a8.jpg

Action
10-05-2015, 07:06 PM
You're just a little boy. Maybe when you grow up you'll get it.

The human mind spends most of its time in the past, reliving moments and wanting to relive those moments. It's magnified as you get older.

Intelligence can take place, which requires thinking which is hard for most people, and create awareness to this which helps forward thinking.

You're stuck in the past.

baja
10-05-2015, 07:09 PM
Marilyn Monroe is the hottest women on the planet, oh wait....

Miss I.
10-05-2015, 07:10 PM
Forgive me as I am not as smart as you guys, but didn't Shanahan get us to the playoffs with Plummer? Also in the last 30 years or so, we only had 3 losing seasons, 2 of those under Josh? I can't speak to Josh's success as an OC because I don't give a ****, but he was a terrible, terrible HC. To much power, too young, not enough experience outside of NE. I am pretty sure most OC would look good with Belichick and Brady.

ghwk
10-05-2015, 07:11 PM
In the late 1990's. Move forward and stop living in the past.

How many games did Shanahan win in the playoffs after Elway? What has been Shanahan's playoff - coaching seasons ratio since Elway?

People want to talk about McDaniels and Brady but can't draw lines with Shanahan and Elway.

Josh McDaniels was a necessity to what Shanahan did. Without Josh McDaniels we wouldn't have what we have today. We'd still be stuck with Jay Cutler.

How many Super Bowls has McDaniels won as a head coach?

Gort
10-05-2015, 07:14 PM
Forgive me as I am not as smart as you guys, but didn't Shanahan get us to the playoffs with Plummer? Also in the last 30 years or so, we only had 3 losing seasons, 2 of those under Josh? I can't speak to Josh's success as an OC because I don't give a ****, but he was a terrible, terrible HC. To much power, too young, not enough experience outside of NE. I am pretty sure most OC would look good with Belichick and Brady.

not counting this year, the Broncos have had 6 losing seasons in the past 39 years (1976-2014).

in other words, the Raiders have had as many losing seasons in the past 8 years as we have in the past 39 years! ;D

ETA: just for fun, NE has had 9 losing seasons in the past 39 years. we've only had 6. therefore, DEN > NE. :)

ghwk
10-05-2015, 07:15 PM

Oh none. He rides Belicheats coat tails. Must be a gif for that somewhere.

Miss I.
10-05-2015, 07:18 PM
not counting this year, the Broncos have had 6 losing seasons in the past 39 years (1976-2014).

in other words, the Raiders have had as many losing seasons in the past 8 years as we have in the past 39 years! ;D

Yeah, my bad. I went back and checked and realized my numbers were wrong. I still don't understand the bashing of Shanahan. It may have been time to move on, like it will be with Manning, but that hardly defines either as garbage. Josh brought some good things to Denver, but most of his legacy is overshadowed by how terrible he was at being HC and that idiotic cheating thing in London. Maybe he will be good someday, but he sucked in Denver.

Castinkas
10-05-2015, 07:24 PM

Don't forget the cheating...

Action
A nice timeline on McDaniels time here in great detail.

http://www.joshmcdanielssucks.com/timeline/

There's proof that NE succeeded Without McDaniels. One of their best offensive years(2010) they didn't even have an official OC. There's no proof McDaniels has succeeded outside of NE. Much like the laundry list of other coaches who left there for other teams.

Having an "official OC" means nothing. It's just a title, stop thinking like an employee.

Funny how you say one of their best offensive years, mind telling me who led their BEST offense year? And who has given them the most recent Super Bowl?

I know the time line. What I see is someone who got a 11.9m contract over 4 years at 33 years old, more money than you or 99% can understand or even grasp. I see success.

And what I also see is that the core of McDaniels hate began at the trade of Cutler, which Broncos fans really never forgave him for, and thus he never really got a chance, and still the same trigger of the same emotion that fuels the hate today. Not to say he didn't **** up elsewhere, but this was what started it and created that hate foundation.

The fact that you can sit back and appreciate the trade of Jay cutler to this day, is just a sign of stubbornness and ignorance.

I also don't see anywhere on the timeline that McDaniels cheated. But let Broncos fans make **** up. There was a recording in the locker room of McDaniels addressing the team about that, but lets ignore that too.

He put on a **** show, but to ignore his success and brilliance RIGHT NOW is a sign of your ability to understand progress, as most people cannot.

And the whole theory of McDaniels having success outside of NE is weak... to have success as a HC or OC you need A LOT of pieces and variables to be working in conjunction with each other, starting at the top of organization.

BBelichick hasn't had success without Tom Brady - are we going to say that BB isn't proven because this fact?

Oh wait, he won 11 games with his backup that had a limited college career. Oh wait, who was the OC then that received full credit for the QB's success?

Oh look Dolphins 1st team to have a head coach opening, guess whose already reported to be on the list of candidates?

Patriots have been to the Super Bowl 3 times since their 3rd ring. McDaniels has been the OC in 2 and won 1.

You talk about this flawed thinking of McDaniels not having success anywhere else, which is a weak point without considering circumstances and talent, but I can show you players who haven't had the same success after leaving McDaniels.

Post is probably too long for you to comprehend and absorb, but just understand you have no idea what the **** you're talking about and you're speaking out of emotions overcompensate for your lack of intelligence along with your incapability of understand why you think the way you do.

Drunken.Broncoholic2

The debate is odd. Comparing Shanny a head coach to McD a coordinator. Doesn't really add up. Compare their times as HCs.

Miss I brought up something that's undervalued. Broncos only have had how many losing seasons over these decades? 2 of them(one worst in years) under McD. I give him credit for a couple decisions(like DT) but he had at least 16 drafts picks and only DT left to show for it. Those drafts were horrendous. Just goes to show how much Elway has done in such a quick time. Would take a lot of GMs years to fix that.

Gort
10-05-2015, 07:25 PM
Yeah, my bad. I went back and checked and realized my numbers were wrong. I still don't understand the bashing of Shanahan. It may have been time to move on, like it will be with Manning, but that hardly defines either as garbage. Josh brought some good things to Denver, but most of his legacy is overshadowed by how terrible he was at being HC and that idiotic cheating thing in London. Maybe he will be good someday, but he sucked in Denver.

i was in favor of Shanny being fired. here's my reasoning at the time...

- he'd become a hypocrite. he was bringing in players with dubious backgrounds in his quest for another SB, after spending a lot of time telling fans he would never be the kind of coach who did that.
- he'd become too big for his britches and was acting like he owned the team, instead of Bowlen. this included operating as defacto GM as well as HC. he even refused to fire somebody Bowlen told him to fire.
- he was petty and vindictive. players would get in his doghouse and never get back out.
- his late season collapses to miss the playoffs for 3(?) straight seasons showed me he had no magic beans left.
- he left our cupboards bare of talent. too many FAs that didn't work out, not enough smart draft picks.
- he handled the Plummer/Cutler transition about as badly as it could be handled.
- too focused on offense. let our defense atrophy and we had a string of really bad DCs towards the end there. those 10 yard cushions in the 2005 AFCCG killed us.
- wasted a draft pick on a Maurice Clarett. this is quote a metaphor for what he'd become in his quest for another ring.
- let Sharpe and Pryce and some other good players go before their playing years were over.

i'm sure i've forgotten some things.

Action
10-05-2015, 07:25 PM

How many super bowls has Shanahan won without Elway? how many super bowls has Elway won without Shanahan?

How many SB's has Brady won without BB? How many SB's has BB won without Brady?

Not touting McDaniels as a HC just yet, he hasn't shown that yet, but what he has shown that he has an elite football mind in the NFL.

Action
10-05-2015, 07:26 PM
The debate is odd. Comparing Shanny a head coach to McD a coordinator. Doesn't really add up. Compare their times as HCs.

Miss I brought up something that's undervalued. Broncos only have had how many losing seasons over these decades? 2 of them(one worst in years) under McD. I give him credit for a couple decisions(like DT) but he had at least 16 drafts picks and only DT left to show for it. Those drafts were horrendous. Just goes to show how much Elway has done in such a quick time. Would take a lot of GMs years to fix that.

Chalk that up to Rev - he brought up McDaniels as I was talking about Shanahan.

Action
10-05-2015, 07:31 PM
I am not saying McDaniels is a better HC than Shanahan, because history doesn't say that.

what I am saying is that Shanahan is a ****ty coach in which the game has passed him... he couldn't coach a physical team to save his life. All this Broncos success the past few years that started with McDaniels tearing down this team, has made some of you forget how soft we really were.

Trotting players like Boss Bailey out there running some fraud 3-4 schemes that other coaches laughed at.

Gort
10-05-2015, 07:31 PM
Way too predictable. Resort to personal insults...

personal insults? what are you talking about?! i listed the reasons *I* personally was tired of the Shanny regime. i disliked him by the end. lots of people had become tired of his personality by then. he showed his true colors when he sat out a couple of years so that Bowlen would have to continue to pay his salary without any relief from a new team. that was debated on here quite a lot at the time. very few people were on Shanny's side. just a couple of people who thought that he should have been coach for life simply for those 2 SB wins, no matter what he did afterward.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
10-05-2015, 07:32 PM
personal insults? what are you talking about?! i listed the reasons *I* personally was tired of the Shanny regime.

I quoted the wrong post

Gort
10-05-2015, 07:33 PM
I quoted the wrong post

oh, ok.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
10-05-2015, 07:35 PM
I am not saying McDaniels is a better HC than Shanahan, because history doesn't say that.

what I am saying is that Shanahan is a ****ty coach in which the game has passed him... he couldn't coach a physical team to save his life. All this Broncos success the past few years that started with McDaniels tearing down this team, has made some of you forget how soft we really were.

Trotting players like Boss Bailey out there running some fraud 3-4 schemes that other coaches laughed at.

Shanny the GM got in the way of Shanny the coach. A change was needed after all those years IMO I was ready for the next chapter. We just don't agree on that next chapter. Could do without the personal insults in your voiced opinion though. Just waters down your actual points.

ghwk
10-05-2015, 08:23 PM
How many super bowls has Shanahan won without Elway? how many super bowls has Elway won without Shanahan?

Not touting McDaniels as a HC just yet, he hasn't shown that yet, but what he has shown that he has an elite football mind in the NFL.

Stupid response and no it doesn't show he has an elite mind. He doesn't draft the talent e.g. Tebow who no one else would have touched where McDummy did. NE has very good talent therefore a mediocre coordinator can be successful. At Denver he had mediocre talent and couldn't turn that into a win. Therefore he can't be elite. The equivalencies you are making are moronic but you go for it because God knows you are an unstoppable force of stupidity.

ghwk
10-05-2015, 08:25 PM
I quoted the wrong post

Lol you martini'd up again?:rofl:

Drunken.Broncoholic2
10-05-2015, 08:36 PM
Lol you martini'd up again?:rofl:

Ha! The database error got me spinning.

baja
10-05-2015, 09:04 PM

What data base error?

edit; oh that data base error. ;D

mwill07
10-05-2015, 09:16 PM

One - if we are counting OC accolades, Shanahan won the 94 SB, where his QB threw a record 6 TD passes. That QB was not John Elway.

McDaniels hasn't done jack **** without Brady/Belichick. Brady/Belichick have won SB's W/o McD. To give full credit to McD for what happens in NE is assinine.

McD may very well be a great OC, but there is no way to know how good he would be behind a HC other than Belichick (*ahem Rams*). We know how he fared as a HC, and it was disastrous.

I don't understand how any rational Bronco fan can defend him, given his tenure here.

ColoradoDarin
10-05-2015, 09:24 PM
One - if we are counting OC accolades, Shanahan won the 94 SB, where his QB threw a record 6 TD passes. That QB was not John Elway.

McDaniels hasn't done jack **** without Brady/Belichick. Brady/Belichick have won SB's W/o McD. To give full credit to McD for what happens in NE is assinine.

McD may very well be a great OC, but there is no way to know how good he would be behind a HC other than Belichick (*ahem Rams*). We know how he fared as a HC, and it was disastrous.

I don't understand how any rational Bronco fan can defend him, given his tenure here.

I'll give a slight defense of McD's time as Rams OC - Bradford sucks bawls. He made the Rams worse and now has infected Philly with his stink.

Also, McD is probably the most overrated OC ever. The Pats won before he was OC and didn't miss a beat while he was gone.

mwill07
10-05-2015, 09:28 PM
I'll give a slight defense of McD's time as Rams OC - Bradford sucks bawls. He made the Rams worse and now has infected Philly with his stink.

Also, McD is probably the most overrated OC ever. The Pats won before he was OC and didn't miss a beat while he was gone.

No. If he wants to claim McD is > sliced bread, he has to own the StL thing too. StL and Den are the only times McD hasn't been working under Hoodie. For all we know, McD's role in NE is in charge of making sure coffee pot is full...

He has been an utter failure without Belichick. He is not worth defending in a Broncos forum.

DENVERDUI55
10-05-2015, 09:31 PM
The only thing MCD did well was ship out Cutler and making Denver bad enough to have a chance at Luck and end up with Miller.

stopgap
10-05-2015, 09:36 PM
Seems Action just wants to go against the grain. He had his chance and screwed it up. I hardly see Kubes needing lessons from a coddled OC

Tombstone RJ
10-05-2015, 10:12 PM

Mike would be good for Tannehill. The question is, would he be good for the Phin's defense?

USMCBladerunner
10-05-2015, 10:27 PM

Did you just imply that Steve Young was a handicap to his Offensive Coordinator?

IMO, McDaniels is a crap pile of a coach/leader and is probably indistinguishable in the data of Patriots offensive production over the past 8 years.

USMCBladerunner
10-05-2015, 10:28 PM
The only thing MCD did well was ship out Cutler and making Denver bad enough to have a chance at Luck and end up with Miller.

What do Luck and Miller have to do with one another? You are thinking of Cam Newton.

baja
10-05-2015, 10:31 PM
Did you just imply that Steve Young was a handicap to his Offensive Coordinator?

IMO, McDaniels is a crap pile of a coach/leader and is probably indistinguishable in the data of Patriots offensive production over the past 8 years.

He designs and calls good plays and that is it.

Agamemnon
10-05-2015, 10:51 PM
Mike would be good for Tannehill. The question is, would he be good for the Phin's defense?

When was the last time Shanahan got along with a QB for more than one season?

baja
10-05-2015, 10:58 PM

He and Elway had a great relationship until Elway retired, then something went sour. Elway became persona non-grades

Tombstone RJ
10-05-2015, 11:06 PM

I don't know. I know that he's worked with a lot of NFL QBs over the years and he has made a few pretty mad, like Jake Plummer. But for the most part, he's a QB guru and he gets the most out of QBs.

IndelibleScribe
10-05-2015, 11:29 PM

Right.... data base error. Not alcohol related at all.

Kirk Cousins.

Gort
10-05-2015, 11:29 PM

i've heard players say that they learned a lot during "Fake Hoodie's" tenure in DEN. the problem isn't what he knows or doesn't know... the problem was his personality and paranoia and attempt to replicate Belichick's way of doing things in DEN. it just wasn't a good fit for the culture here. whether "Fake Hoodie" knows his x's and o's is something we can only speculate on... but he's NOT HC material when it comes to his people skills. you can be a winning HC with bad people skills, but you can't be a losing HC with bad people skills. that'll get you fired quickly.

ColoradoDarin
10-06-2015, 06:34 AM
No. If he wants to claim McD is > sliced bread, he has to own the StL thing too. StL and Den are the only times McD hasn't been working under Hoodie. For all we know, McD's role in NE is in charge of making sure coffee pot is full...

He has been an utter failure without Belichick. He is not worth defending in a Broncos forum.

Yes, I fully agree with this.

I just enjoy crapping on Bradford. Because he sucks.

mwill07
10-06-2015, 06:50 AM
McD's offenses without Belichick:

2009: 15th yards, 20th points
2010: 13th yards, 19th points
2011: 31st yards, 32nd points

ludo21
10-06-2015, 07:02 AM

McD's offense without Brady more like it.

Punisher
10-06-2015, 07:22 AM

Why mention McD who cares he sucks.

Gutless Drunk
10-06-2015, 08:01 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bucs are re-signing kicker Connor Barth, per sources.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/651396668420694017">October 6, 2015</a></blockquote>

DENVERDUI55
10-06-2015, 08:15 AM
What do Luck and Miller have to do with one another? You are thinking of Cam Newton.

Yes Cam was the guy I got the drafts mixed up.

IndelibleScribe
10-06-2015, 12:14 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bucs are re-signing kicker Connor Barth, per sources.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/651396668420694017">October 6, 2015</a></blockquote>

Really never made sense to cut him. I know his leg is weak on kickoffs but their offense isn't exactly deadly.

Maleficent
10-06-2015, 04:00 PM
Some gossips

Victor Cruz is a cheater.

Richard Sherman blocked Adam Schefter on Twitter.

Shananahan
10-06-2015, 04:16 PM
Oooooooh spicy.

Action
10-06-2015, 04:39 PM

Those stats are so ****ing arbitrary. Are you really convincing yourself McDaniels isn't an elite coach based on those statistics? Who were his QB's in those years?

Learn something -

Sports are TALENT driven. If you don't have the talent, YOU AREN'T GOING TO SUCCEED. In football, coaches have a bit more impact on results than some other sports.

Do you know why Matt Cassel had success? It's because that organization has been building a foundation for such a long time, all their other pieces were in place to succeed.

Atlanta is currently rated the 28th defense in yardage, and 15th in points. Dan Quinn must be a fraud.

Again - I can show you players careers that have declined after McDaniels, which is a true measurement.

These brain dead statistics you guys throw out, convince you of otherwise because you're literally, just not that smart.

What is BB's playoff record without Tom Brady?

Action
10-06-2015, 04:41 PM

Because his tenure here is only part of his process, it doesn't define his whole career.

Action
10-06-2015, 04:43 PM

Didn't miss beat but didn't see the Super Bowl.

Patriots have seen the Super Bowl 3 times within the past 8 years, 2 with McDaniels. Only 1 win. With McDaniels.

Try again.

Action
10-06-2015, 04:45 PM

Because working under 1 other coach is the only variable that is used to accurately judge a coach.

Come on, did you go to school? What kind of education do you have? Better yet, what kind of real world experience do you have? Do you understand variables?

I hope your brain doesn't operate on this level of stupidity in life.

Action
10-06-2015, 04:50 PM
Stupid response and no it doesn't show he has an elite mind. He doesn't draft the talent e.g. Tebow who no one else would have touched where McDummy did. NE has very good talent therefore a mediocre coordinator can be successful. At Denver he had mediocre talent and couldn't turn that into a win. Therefore he can't be elite. The equivalencies you are making are moronic but you go for it because God knows you are an unstoppable force of stupidity.

No one knows what Tebow would have been with McDaniels or after years of actually learning.

The results of Tebow's career now isn't indicative of how it would have turned out with McDaniels..

lol @ a mediocre coordinator can be success. What is successful?

NO mediocre coordinator can be ELITE regardless of talent.

McDaniels elite mind can be shown in one move, and that is trading Jay Cutler, a move NO OTHER coach would have the balls to do or foresight to see.

The fact that Broncos fans continue to ignore this, tells me SOME of you are just too ****ing stupid or just stubborn.

Action
10-06-2015, 04:53 PM
ghwk -

Call me an unstoppable force of stupidity, but how CAN'T a coach be elite if he's been to the Super Bowl TWICE, OC'd a 16-0 team, and a record setting offense?

You think any coach can do that? By saying that, you're completely minimizing the coaching position to standards you don't even understand.

If this wasn't McDaniels, the tune would be different.

You people just don't have foresight nor understanding of process.

I know what I'm talking about as evidenced by McDaniels Super Bowl ring after he left the Broncos. If he was as ****ty as ya'll say, and if BB is as great and smart as you guys are claiming to fit your agenda, then why would BB hire Josh again if he was such crap?

Action
10-06-2015, 04:56 PM

Post the data and see if McDaniels years are any different than the others. So it doesn't have to be an opinion, it can be a fact.

Action
10-06-2015, 05:01 PM
i've heard players say that they learned a lot during "Fake Hoodie's" tenure in DEN. the problem isn't what he knows or doesn't know... the problem was his personality and paranoia and attempt to replicate Belichick's way of doing things in DEN. it just wasn't a good fit for the culture here. whether "Fake Hoodie" knows his x's and o's is something we can only speculate on... but he's NOT HC material when it comes to his people skills. you can be a winning HC with bad people skills, but you can't be a losing HC with bad people skills. that'll get you fired quickly.

Exactly. McDaniels was a terrible leader and a terrible HC. Was not mature enough at that time.

I remember when McDaniels was standing all alone on the sidelines with NO coach within 20 feet of him because he was so angry.

And let's be clear, not just players, coaches have credited McDaniels.

In less than 2 seasons, McDaniels accumulated 1 HC under his "tree".... Mike McCoy....and another 1 who was up for HC jobs this past season. Think about that for a second. BOTH coaches whom have referenced McDaniels to things that they learned.

Some of you people want to keep minimalizing McDaniels yet you don't have the brain power to overcome your emotions of hate to take in the good and bad information and form an opinion.

Learn people.

Action
10-06-2015, 05:03 PM
Where are the dumbasses that talked about McDaniels not ever getting a HC gig again? Where are the dumbasses that believed no one wanted him?

http://espn.go.com/blog/miami-dolphins/post/_/id/17387/josh-mcdaniels-eric-mangini-top-early-list-of-dolphins-coaching-candidates-in-2016

Josh McDaniels tops early list of Dolphins 2016 coaching candidates

Action
10-06-2015, 05:08 PM
Josh McDaniels also gave some of the BEST press conferences on the Broncos as a coach I've seen, in regards to football and X + O's.

I watch every single video that gets put up on DB.com, and some videos of other teams to, to see if I can pick up anything. I know some of you are just straight un-knowledgeable about this stuff as evidenced by the Chris Hall thread.

McDaniels, for whatever reason, always gave the most detailed answers in a way where you can learn something if you just listen and fill in the blanks, but doesn't completely give up a competitive advantage.

This week.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/10/06/josh-mcdaniels-tackles-some-unknowns-practice/68f5exgtjSCrOBQqQBzJMN/story.html

Taking the weekend off didn’t change where the Patriots rank in terms of total offense. They’re still No. 1 in the NFL, with an average of 446 yards per game.

The concern might be that getting a bye so early in the season will slow the momentum built in the first three games, when the Patriots scored 28, 40, and 51 points. They’ll put their unbeaten record on the line Sunday afternoon in Dallas, home to the 14th-ranked defense.

It’s the job of offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels to make sure the offense picks up where it left off when they face the Cowboys. Because it’s a team they don’t play very often (the last time the teams met was Oct. 16, 2011), the importance of getting back onto the field and studying in the film and meeting rooms will have everything to do with looking ahead.

“We have an opponent that we don’t know very well, a group of players that we don’t know very well, a totally different scheme than some of the things we’ve seen in the first three games that we need to familiarize ourselves with pretty quickly,” McDaniels said Tuesday during a teleconference.

“Our time is going to be spent really focused on working on trying to improve some of the areas that we need to get better in, and at the same time really doing a great job of trying to familiarize ourselves with Dallas: their personnel, their schemes, how they play, and how they’ve been effective against other team’s offenses.”

That will come through practice, which will resume Wednesday. McDaniels was asked if practices can serve as an indication of how well the Patriots might play in a game. Because they’re 3-0 and the offense has looked so strong, have there been clear signs during practice that would predict game success?

“Practice is tough,” said McDaniels. “We try to purposely make it difficult on our players on whatever it is that we’re trying to do during the week to get ready for that opponent so that we see the most difficult looks, so that we make our players aware of the things that could certainly impact the game in a negative fashion. There are days where we practice well. I would say there are very few days where we go out there and everything is perfect, and that’s designed that way.

“We challenge our guys, we challenge what we try to do for the game plan and make sure that we feel good about it heading into the weekend. And because of that, there are days you leave the practice field knowing that you have to make some corrections in the film sessions; I would say that’s a regular occurrence for us.

“There’s a lot of learning that goes on based on the mistakes that we may make in practice, and our guys do a great job of trying to digest that information and be ready to go when we use it during the course of the game.”

baja
10-06-2015, 05:09 PM
ghwk -

Call me an unstoppable force of stupidity, but how CAN'T a coach be elite if he's been to the Super Bowl TWICE, OC'd a 16-0 team, and a record setting offense?

You think any coach can do that? By saying that, you're completely minimizing the coaching position to standards you don't even understand.

If this wasn't McDaniels, the tune would be different.

You people just don't have foresight nor understanding of process.

I know what I'm talking about as evidenced by McDaniels Super Bowl ring after he left the Broncos. If he was as ****ty as ya'll say, and if BB is as great and smart as you guys are claiming to fit your agenda, then why would BB hire Josh again if he was such crap?

You would do yourself a favor if you were to realize if they don't see MCD has superb game planning and play calling ability now the never will because they have closed their minds to the truth of it. It's a hopeless mission.

Action
10-06-2015, 05:11 PM
You would do yourself a favor if you were to realize if they don't see MCD has superb game planning and play calling ability now the never will because they have closed their minds to the truth of it. It's a hopeless mission.

And that is my flaw.

Wise words my friend.

Miss I.
10-06-2015, 05:12 PM
Is Action Josh McDaniels? I know someone said he was his brother Ben, but really this bizarre derailing of this thread "around the nfl" to convert it to a Josh McDaniels apologist thread is very weird.

Action
10-06-2015, 05:12 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25329379

Tom Brady is apparently the exact opposite of Ryan Tannehill.

On Monday, after Joe Philbin was canned by the Dolphins, a report claimed that Philbin had to tell the practice squad to go easy on Tannehill, in order to get his confidence up. Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle reported that Tannehill grew so frustrated after a bout of practice picks that he began trash talking with players on the practice squad.

"Enjoy your practice squad paycheck, enjoy your practice squad trophy," Tannehill said, according to Wilson.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Brady actually paid practice squad and look team guys if they picked him off in practice. <a href="http://t.co/7c4cDcI1ol">http://t.co/7c4cDcI1ol</a></p>&mdash; Donté Stallworth (@DonteStallworth) <a href="https://twitter.com/DonteStallworth/status/651375451789729792">October 6, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">But comparing Tannehill to Brady is like comparing a rowboat to a battleship.</p>&mdash; Donté Stallworth (@DonteStallworth) <a href="https://twitter.com/DonteStallworth/status/651375928799588352">October 6, 2015</a></blockquote>

Action
10-06-2015, 05:14 PM
Is Action Josh McDaniels? I know someone said he was his brother Ben, but really this bizarre derailing of this thread "around the nfl" to convert it to a Josh McDaniels apologist thread is very weird.

You should do some reading and see who brought up Josh McDaniels?

No, I am not Ben McDaniels LOL

Drunken.Broncoholic2
10-06-2015, 05:19 PM
McDaniels had Tebow twice with 2 different teams and still wanted no part of him. The greatest coaches in history wouldn't get him right.

Also, not a Shanny apologist but he did win a SB without Elway. He did it as an OC.

Miss I.
10-06-2015, 05:19 PM
You should do some reading and see who brought up Josh McDaniels?

No, I am not Ben McDaniels LOL

I do read, but I read things of value. Finding out who Josh McDaniel's daddy is, is not a valuable use of my time.

My real point is, why spend this much time on Josh on this this thread? There is a thread about Kubiak learning from Josh which seems a better place for it.

Anyway peace out.

Action
10-06-2015, 05:29 PM
I do read, but I read things of value. Finding out who Josh McDaniel's daddy is, is not a valuable use of my time.

My real point is, why spend this much time on Josh on this this thread? There is a thread about Kubiak learning from Josh which seems a better place for it.

Anyway peace out.

Was that response intentional?

If so, that was pretty clever and witty. I'll give you that.

Powderaddict
10-06-2015, 05:34 PM
Josh McDaniels can go forcefully penetrate his own poohole with an old dry ragged sharp scratchy tree branch.

Seriously, screw that guy.

Maleficent
10-06-2015, 10:32 PM
Saw it on twitter.

All 32 NFL Logos Mashed up with Disney Characters
http://www.trendingtoplists.com/all-32-nfl-logos-mashed-up-with-disney-characters

:P

http://44d5i01rkpt329p8yqqf89h5.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Screen-Shot-2015-05-18-at-6.48.03-AM.png

http://44d5i01rkpt329p8yqqf89h5.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Screen-Shot-2015-05-18-at-6.44.20-AM.png

IndelibleScribe
10-07-2015, 01:32 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25329379

Tom Brady is apparently the exact opposite of Ryan Tannehill.

On Monday, after Joe Philbin was canned by the Dolphins, a report claimed that Philbin had to tell the practice squad to go easy on Tannehill, in order to get his confidence up. Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle reported that Tannehill grew so frustrated after a bout of practice picks that he began trash talking with players on the practice squad.

"Enjoy your practice squad paycheck, enjoy your practice squad trophy," Tannehill said, according to Wilson.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Brady actually paid practice squad and look team guys if they picked him off in practice. <a href="http://t.co/7c4cDcI1ol">http://t.co/7c4cDcI1ol</a></p>&mdash; Donté Stallworth (@DonteStallworth) <a href="https://twitter.com/DonteStallworth/status/651375451789729792">October 6, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">But comparing Tannehill to Brady is like comparing a rowboat to a battleship.</p>&mdash; Donté Stallworth (@DonteStallworth) <a href="https://twitter.com/DonteStallworth/status/651375928799588352">October 6, 2015</a></blockquote>

See, I would get cut at that point. Because I would make it my mission to pick him off and let him know that he was a trash QB.

Gutless Drunk
10-07-2015, 08:50 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL">@NFL</a> announces an extension of its international series through 2025, with locations besides just the UK <a href="http://t.co/jvDGsUioXh">pic.twitter.com/jvDGsUioXh</a></p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/651770907426467840">October 7, 2015</a></blockquote>

ColoradoDarin
10-07-2015, 09:10 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL">@NFL</a> announces an extension of its international series through 2025, with locations besides just the UK <a href="http://t.co/jvDGsUioXh">pic.twitter.com/jvDGsUioXh</a></p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/651770907426467840">October 7, 2015</a></blockquote>

Only thing worse than Pink month is international games.

mwill07
10-07-2015, 09:12 AM
Saw it on twitter.

All 32 NFL Logos Mashed up with Disney Characters
http://www.trendingtoplists.com/all-32-nfl-logos-mashed-up-with-disney-characters

:P

http://44d5i01rkpt329p8yqqf89h5.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Screen-Shot-2015-05-18-at-6.48.03-AM.png

http://44d5i01rkpt329p8yqqf89h5.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Screen-Shot-2015-05-18-at-6.44.20-AM.png
that's pretty good, but they missed the boat by not using Pinocchio for the Patriots.

mwill07
10-07-2015, 09:17 AM
Because working under 1 other coach is the only variable that is used to accurately judge a coach.

Come on, did you go to school? What kind of education do you have? Better yet, what kind of real world experience do you have? Do you understand variables?

I hope your brain doesn't operate on this level of stupidity in life.

I assure you, I went to a better school and have more real world experience dealing with variables than you. You will have to take my word on it, as I'm not about to get into a dick-measuring contest here.

McD has zero success without Belichick, and lots of success with him. This isn't all that complicated.

DBroncos4life
10-07-2015, 09:58 AM

Why in the hell is Roger Goodell in all caps and in bold like he is some kind of god?

ludo21
10-07-2015, 10:34 AM
I like the early start games so as long as that keeps up I am ok with it. As a fan who doesnt go to much games at all, this doesnt impact me in the least.

IndelibleScribe
10-07-2015, 10:38 AM
Why in the hell is Roger Goodell in all caps and in bold like he is some kind of god?

Surely you by now noticed from all of the suspensions that he believes he is in fact God.

broncocalijohn
10-07-2015, 11:43 AM
Only thing worse than Pink month is international games.

Not really. If they can get Jaguars off of the continent, I am all for it. They would never take a home game away from Denver unless they state each team has to do so. Once Chargers start sucking again, they might lose a home game.

alkemical
10-07-2015, 01:14 PM

Maybe it's his legal personality under deceleration of maritime law.

Maleficent
10-07-2015, 01:25 PM
@RapSheet:

The #Colts announced that both QBs -- Andrew Luck and Matt Hasselbeck -- are questionable for tomorrow's game vs #Texans

Drunken.Broncoholic2
10-07-2015, 01:26 PM
Safety first Goodell says! Thursday games blow.

IndelibleScribe
10-07-2015, 01:43 PM
@RapSheet:

The #Colts announced that both QBs -- Andrew Luck and Matt Hasselbeck -- are questionable for tomorrow's game vs #Texans

This is too precious. ****ty OL, no real running game, WR's who cannot handle physicality and without your top 2 QB's..... They really do want to fire Pagano.

DBroncos4life
10-07-2015, 10:58 PM
Broncos inquired about Vernon Davis after losing Julius Thomas, according to report.
The Denver Broncos entered this offseason with Demaryius Thomas and Julius Thomas as their two most notable free agents. The team placed the franchise tag on Demaryius, but they could not retain Julius. The latter Thomas signed a five year deal with the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Broncos replaced Julius Thomas with Owen Daniels, who they signed to a three year contract.

Daniels is a solid enough tight end who has dealt with some injuries. He should benefit tremendously playing with Peyton Manning. However, one report indicates the Broncos had their sights on a bigger target. According to Bejamin Allbright, the Broncos called the San Francisco 49ers to inquire about Vernon Davis, but were rebuffed.
http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/3/11/8194077/broncos-vernon-davis-trade-rumors-49ers-owen-daniels-julius-thomas

Anyone think this could get revisited soon? Sorry this is a old rumor, just thought it would be worth talking about with the need for a better TE outside the RZ.

El Guapo
10-08-2015, 12:25 AM
But, but, virgil green.

pricejj
10-08-2015, 12:52 AM
Manning is having trouble getting lots of guys targets.

Blueflame
10-08-2015, 12:54 AM
Manning is having trouble getting lots of guys targets.

This is not surprising with a patchwork O-line.

pricejj
10-08-2015, 01:26 AM
This is not surprising with a patchwork O-line.

Or learning a new Offense based on ball control, when you can't even run the ball, and face 3rd and 10 nearly every series.

Blueflame
10-08-2015, 01:54 AM
Or learning a new Offense based on ball control, when you can't even run the ball, and face 3rd and 10 nearly every series.

RB struggles are also (at least partially) due to O-line struggles, IMO -- and learning the new offensive scheme does understandably take a bit of time.

IndelibleScribe
10-08-2015, 04:29 AM
Do I think it get revisited? No, because the Niners are a **** show and their brass thinks they have the answer to ever equation.

ColoradoDarin
10-08-2015, 06:03 AM
Do I think it get revisited? No, because the Niners are a **** show and their brass thinks they have the answer to ever equation.

If they didn't understand that they were going to be rebuilding this year prior to the season, there is probably no helping them now. I would throw a 5th their way to see if they'll bite now.

Rohirrim
10-08-2015, 07:26 AM
The struggle over the NFL returning to LA continues: http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-sn-nfl-owners-meetings-los-angeles-2013-20151007-story.html

ColoradoDarin
10-08-2015, 08:00 AM
New York Jets brings its own toilet paper to England (http://boingboing.net/2015/10/02/nfl-team-traveled-to-england-w.html)

Ah, the comforts of home. The New York Jets football team landed in London today with their usual equipment, plus 350 rolls of good ol' 'Murican toilet paper. Apparently the toilet paper in London is too thin for them.
"Some may say that’s a little over the top or whatnot, but it didn’t really cost that much, so why not?” Aaron Degerness, the team's operations manager told the New York Times. “We’re basically trying to replicate everything that we’re doing here over there.”

Smart thinking, who knows what Limey tp they have over there... I bet they bring their own up to NE when they play the Pats*

baja
10-08-2015, 08:08 AM
They use the same paper they use to serve fish and chips on, waxed paper. The advantage is it's reusable.

Gort
10-08-2015, 09:55 AM
This is too precious. ****ty OL, no real running game, WR's who cannot handle physicality and without your top 2 QB's..... They really do want to fire Pagano.

never underestimate the evil that lurks in the soul of an Irsay.

i learned that lesson in March 1984.

IndelibleScribe
10-08-2015, 06:43 PM
never underestimate the evil that lurks in the soul of an Irsay.

i learned that lesson in March 1984.

Well said.

broncosteven
10-08-2015, 07:34 PM

We have had some big drops killing drives as well.

Manning looks vintage Manning when the OL allows him to set up where he wants to in the pocket and he has confidence in them.

If I were a DC I would bring pressure all the time from multiple angles.

Agamemnon
10-08-2015, 08:03 PM

Manning looks vintage Manning when the OL allows him to set up where he wants to in the pocket and he has confidence in them.

Manning had plenty of time against Minnesota most of the time and struggled. This blaming the o-line thing is weak sauce.

Action
10-09-2015, 09:12 AM
I assure you, I went to a better school and have more real world experience dealing with variables than you. You will have to take my word on it, as I'm not about to get into a dick-measuring contest here.

McD has zero success without Belichick, and lots of success with him. This isn't all that complicated.

Take your word on it? Your thought process can be seen through your posts which emit trash.

I already know you're a wannabe behind a keyboard, all you had to do is post your schooling and your real world experience, but you decide to just make a statement with no proof or evidence, and no information on my schooling or real world experience, and then make a fact out of this empty data. That shows that you are a poor thinker and have a poor mind.

Is Belichick the only different variable in which McDaniels has/has not had success? Or are there many others that follow?

You say it's not that difficult, but the business of the NFL is...if it wasn't you should be betting on football games and calling it a career after 1-2 years.

To be real with you, with the proof and evidence so far given of your posts, the value of your mind in the "real world" is probably not worth very much...low to mid 5 figures at best.

ludo21
10-09-2015, 10:45 AM
when FA goes right,....and wrong

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nfl-free-agency-2014-15-miami-dolphins-devner-broncos-ndamukong-suh-demarcus-ware/

Gort
10-09-2015, 10:51 AM

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nfl-free-agency-2014-15-miami-dolphins-devner-broncos-ndamukong-suh-demarcus-ware/

the fact that Suh is already looking like little more than Haynesworth ver. 2.0 probably doesn't surprise too many people. i predict he'll end up in prison at some point, just like that guy from the Rams who had anger issues after his career was over and he tried to run down some kids one Halloween.

mwill07
10-09-2015, 11:05 AM
Take your word on it? Your thought process can be seen through your posts which emit trash.

I already know you're a wannabe behind a keyboard, all you had to do is post your schooling and your real world experience, but you decide to just make a statement with no proof or evidence, and no information on my schooling or real world experience, and then make a fact out of this empty data. That shows that you are a poor thinker and have a poor mind.

Is Belichick the only different variable in which McDaniels has/has not had success? Or are there many others that follow?

You say it's not that difficult, but the business of the NFL is...if it wasn't you should be betting on football games and calling it a career after 1-2 years.

To be real with you, with the proof and evidence so far given of your posts, the value of your mind in the "real world" is probably not worth very much...low to mid 5 figures at best.

ok. Welcome to my ignore list. I've had it with your condescending tone in each and every thread. I'm not getting into a slap fight because it's worth it.

When you can discuss things in a civil manner, I'll be happy to talk to you but I have no interest in any discussion where you question the intelligence, education, and employment of whom you are talking to.

ColoradoDarin
10-09-2015, 11:11 AM
ok. Welcome to my ignore list. I've had it with your condescending tone in each and every thread. I'm not getting into a slap fight because it's worth it.

When you can discuss things in a civil manner, I'll be happy to talk to you but I have no interest in any discussion where you question the intelligence, education, and employment of whom you are talking to.

I'm fairly certain Action is in his early 20s, maybe graduated college, but not by more than 3 years.

mwill07
10-09-2015, 11:15 AM
I'm fairly certain Action is in his early 20s, maybe graduated college, but not by more than 3 years.

I think so too, which is why I'm bowing out. I have neither the time, energy, nor disposition to get into an internet slap fight.

IndelibleScribe
10-09-2015, 11:22 AM

Suh to me is a guy that needs to be handled a certain way. A guy like Caldwell was perfect for him as he had a calm demeanor and would essentially allow him to be himself.

Taking the money and heading to a bad scheme fit was silly but in most cases, the player will take the money due to the brevity of NFL careers.

Rohirrim
10-09-2015, 12:13 PM
Besides, this isn't the thread for arguments.

IndelibleScribe
10-09-2015, 12:19 PM

No threads truly are. They just begin.

baja
10-09-2015, 12:23 PM
This grand old thread gets derailed on a daily basis, sometimes by me and i try not to do that. Get carried away sometimes.

Wes Mantooth
10-09-2015, 12:59 PM

Yes it is

pricejj
10-09-2015, 01:08 PM

They should, but as the OL gets better and as Manning gets more comfortable, I expect the Offense to be top flight.

Yi Rox
10-09-2015, 02:38 PM
Sounds like the big Sombrero is out for Sunday

Gort
10-09-2015, 03:34 PM
Yes it is

http://replygif.net/i/746.gif

Rohirrim
10-09-2015, 04:07 PM
Yes it is

No it isn't.

TonyR
10-09-2015, 04:37 PM
They should, but as the OL gets better and as Manning gets more comfortable, I expect the Offense to be top flight.

I hope you're right, but unfortunately I don't have any expectations that this offense will be anything much better than average.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
10-09-2015, 04:41 PM

From the looks of it they'll never be a healthy unit. Sombrero and Mathis likely out this week.

DBroncos4life
10-09-2015, 04:48 PM
From the looks of it they'll never be a healthy unit. Sombrero and Mathis likely out this week.

Did you see Mathis with a bandaid on so you assumed he was out for the year?

WolfpackGuy
10-09-2015, 04:51 PM
What happened to Mathis?

Hurt his neck watching his guys blow by him?

IndelibleScribe
10-10-2015, 08:16 PM
Ok, what exactly is the issue with Shannon and Antonio Gates? Shannon lit him up on Sirius XM Radio about PED's.

Maleficent
10-11-2015, 10:44 PM
Fight In Cowboys Parking Lot Ends In Shooting, Victim Flown To Hospital

A fight in the Cowboys stadium parking lot after their 30-6 loss to the Patriots tonight ended in a shooting, with the victim flown to the hospital and the suspected shooter arrested by police. Per Ft. Worth Star-Telegram Cowboys beat reporter Clarence Hill, the victim was shot in the head and is in serious condition.

The Star-Telegram reports that the fight took place in Lot 10 of the stadium parking lot about two hours after the game ended. After receiving a report of the fight police were en route when they heard the gunshot.

The suspected shooter was arrested after he tripped over a retaining wall, and went to the hospital as well with injuries presumably sustained in that fall. According to The Dallas Morning News, the suspected shooter has been charged with with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Hill adds this unsettling detail:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Per eye witness, suspect was egged on by a crowd of people to kill the victim. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/shooting?src=hash">#shooting</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/attstadium?src=hash">#attstadium</a></p>&mdash; Clarence Hill (@clarencehilljr) <a href="https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr/status/653405109712351232">October 12, 2015</a></blockquote>

http://deadspin.com/fight-in-cowboys-parking-lot-ends-in-shooting-victim-f-1735992124

WTF is wrong with people.

IndelibleScribe
10-11-2015, 11:04 PM
Probably a legacy thing. If someone started being compared to you in career accomplishment and then popped for PEDs, I'm sure you'd want to emphasize it publicy too.

Eh, he and Sharpe are not really similar outside of stats. That is like comparing Gronk to Gonzalez. Not the same type of player.

SouthStndJunkie
10-12-2015, 01:02 PM
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport

Dwight Freeney will sign with Arizona Cardinals after passing a physical earlier today, per sources

DENVERDUI55
10-12-2015, 01:17 PM
Eh, he and Sharpe are not really similar outside of stats. That is like comparing Gronk to Gonzalez. Not the same type of player.

Gronk is a more dominant weapon than Gonzo who was probably the best TE of all time. Gronk will supplant him at it if he can stay healthy. Gronk is a dominant blocker that people over look too.

SouthStndJunkie
10-12-2015, 01:19 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Chiefs also bringing in former Saints RB Pierre Thomas for a workout, per source.

Rocket 7
10-12-2015, 03:00 PM
Jaguars RB Bernard Pierce blocks Bucs player when he is covering a punt.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5x_rPh133-k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

broncosteven
10-12-2015, 03:15 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5x_rPh133-k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dee Ford repped him.

IndelibleScribe
10-12-2015, 06:15 PM
Gronk is a more dominant weapon than Gonzo who was probably the best TE of all time. Gronk will supplant him at it if he can stay healthy. Gronk is a dominant blocker that people over look too.

I know, that is why I said they are a different type of player.

ColoradoDarin
10-12-2015, 08:09 PM

lolwuttf?

Rohirrim
10-12-2015, 09:08 PM

As Richard Pryor put it, "Them drugs has ****ed with yo mind."

IndelibleScribe
10-12-2015, 09:40 PM

What the...... that's worse than the player pretending to be dead play.

ColoradoDarin
10-13-2015, 06:17 AM
Reminds me of that Darrius Heyward Bey running 15 yards past a guy to try and get an angle to tackle him (ST or int?)

SouthStndJunkie
10-13-2015, 12:53 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/13/report-bills-qb-has-sprained-mcl-could-miss-multiple-games/

Report: Bills QB has sprained MCL, could miss multiple games

mwill07
10-13-2015, 01:03 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/13/report-bills-qb-has-sprained-mcl-could-miss-multiple-games/

weird. They don't play KC until end of November. His injury is early.

Agamemnon
10-13-2015, 01:32 PM

Hilarious!

That's like one of those plays where the guy runs the wrong way.

DrOrangeLove
10-13-2015, 03:58 PM
Tom Brady not concerned with Revenge vs. Colts

"We're gonna do what we do every week," Brady said, via CSNNE.com.

We are going to cheat in every way conceivable. We aren't deterred by misplaced beliefs in fairness or decency. We aren't burdened by conscience and we certainly aren't deterred by feeble threats from ineffectual gingers..."

Brady then dropped this mic, took out his dick, pissed on it and strutted away showcasing this season's hot new organic fair trade alpaca lavender pink Uggs.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/gallery/tom-brady-photoshop/tom-brady-photoshop-11.jpg

broncosteven
10-13-2015, 07:47 PM

Thought there was a mob here that wanted to trade for him?

DBroncos4life
10-13-2015, 08:05 PM

Still wouldn't mind having him.

Punisher
10-14-2015, 04:49 AM

I heard on "Highly Questionable" that he had a concussion before that play that's why he did the phantom block he didn't want to hurt himself more. If you're hurt just leave the game.

Rabb
10-14-2015, 07:43 AM

And it would have been good too...he is legit. Talent has nothing to do with an MCL injury, or am I missing the point?

ludo21
10-14-2015, 08:01 AM
Ugh... I am back to relying on Bradford as my QB in fantasy....

Rabb
10-14-2015, 08:02 AM
Ugh... I am back to relying on Bradford as my QB in fantasy....

I had Taylor in replacing Ben...I swear, if there is a QB you hate let me know and I will pick them up real quick.

Brohemoth
10-14-2015, 08:12 AM
I had Taylor in replacing Ben...I swear, if there is a QB you hate let me know and I will pick them up real quick.

Is Peyton Manning available?

Rabb
10-14-2015, 08:24 AM
Is Peyton Manning available?

wow

Gutless Drunk
10-14-2015, 10:43 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Patriots?src=hash">#Patriots</a> OL Nate Solder is out for year with a torn bicep, source confirms. (<a href="https://twitter.com/globejimmcbride">@globejimmcbride</a> had it first)</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/654336075289231360">October 14, 2015</a></blockquote>

Gutless Drunk
10-14-2015, 10:50 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Patriots?src=hash">#Patriots</a> left tackle Nate Solder will miss the rest of the season with a torn right biceps, according to a team source. Surgery upcoming.</p>&mdash; Jim McBride (@globejimmcbride) <a href="https://twitter.com/globejimmcbride/status/654334449274986496">October 14, 2015</a></blockquote>

Kaylore
10-14-2015, 10:52 AM
Torn biceps suck. My Dad had to have surgery on his and there was so much scar tissue it never got back to where it needed. Also he's in his early 60's, so there's that.

2KBack
10-14-2015, 10:53 AM
Didn't Elway have a torn bicep?

Rabb
10-14-2015, 10:57 AM

Yeah but that's not a fair comparison to mortals.

DENVERDUI55
10-14-2015, 11:02 AM
I heard on "Highly Questionable" that he had a concussion before that play that's why he did the phantom block he didn't want to hurt himself more. If you're hurt just leave the game.

I'd say the same thing after doing something that stupid.

Beantown Bronco
10-14-2015, 11:05 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Patriots?src=hash">#Patriots</a> left tackle Nate Solder will miss the rest of the season with a torn right biceps, according to a team source. Surgery upcoming.</p>&mdash; Jim McBride (@globejimmcbride) <a href="https://twitter.com/globejimmcbride/status/654334449274986496">October 14, 2015</a></blockquote>

Belichick will still list him as "questionable" on all future injury reports this season.

Beantown Bronco
10-14-2015, 11:07 AM

It was bad enough when they got rid of "Jack'd up" because it supposedly glorified head shots.....now, since this appeared on "C'mon man" they're going to probably do away with that segment since the PC Police will claim it makes light of concussions.

IndelibleScribe
10-14-2015, 12:10 PM

So did I. I am real pissed about this. Stop getting hurt dammit!

Gort
10-14-2015, 12:14 PM
I'd say the same thing after doing something that stupid.

still not as bad as Jim Marshall...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3HMkNumMW2I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Drunken.Broncoholic2
10-14-2015, 05:39 PM
So in the Chargers steelers game thread I mentioned how 18 seconds was taken off the clock after the last kickoff to the steelers. It was plain as day to see the clock running after the touchback. Camera angles even showed the clock on the jumbo scoreboard running before the steelers 1st play.

It is amazing that no one even did anything about it during game time. How the hell does that get by everyone??

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/10/steelers-chargers-clock-stupid-officiating-error-monday-night-football-clock-18-seconds

oubronco
10-14-2015, 05:44 PM
Refs are messing up an unbelievable amount this year

BroncosfanGuy
10-14-2015, 05:56 PM

maybe they can solder it back together....

but seriously, hope former Buff Solder can get well and join a respectable franchise.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
10-14-2015, 06:16 PM
Refs are messing up an unbelievable amount this year

Imagine if bell was stopped before the goalline. Wouldn't have had any time on clock to call their last timeout. If that had happened this story would've been huge.

ColoradoDarin
10-15-2015, 01:20 PM
Bellevue police arrested Seahawks FB Derrick Coleman on investigation of vehicular assault and hit and run; booked into King County Jail.

-Schefter on FB (no link)

IndelibleScribe
10-15-2015, 01:47 PM
Bellevue police arrested Seahawks FB Derrick Coleman on investigation of vehicular assault and hit and run; booked into King County Jail.

-Schefter on FB (no link)

Good grief. :oyvey:

ludo21
10-15-2015, 01:58 PM
he is deaf so maybe he didnt hear the man screaming when he hit him??

BroncoLifer
10-15-2015, 02:08 PM

Elway had a torn biceps tendon not the biceps muscle itself.

DENVERDUI55
10-15-2015, 02:11 PM
Elway had a torn biceps tendon not the biceps muscle itself.

I think Strahan did his final year in the league too.

gunns
10-15-2015, 02:41 PM

Isn't that the truth. In one league I had Ben and Andrew Luck. Started Luck, got nothing, while Ben got huge pts. So I start Ben. Ben gets hurt, have to start Luck. Luck gets hurt. In another league I have Romo and Taylor. I literally give up.

Castinkas
10-15-2015, 04:01 PM
Isn't that the truth. In one league I had Ben and Andrew Luck. Started Luck, got nothing, while Ben got huge pts. So I start Ben. Ben gets hurt, have to start Luck. Luck gets hurt. In another league I have Romo and Taylor. I literally give up.

Is there any way you can get Brady?

gunns
10-15-2015, 06:14 PM

In one league I did actually ask the guy who had him if he'd let me have him. Fortunately he was a Bronco fan so he understood and was tempted, but he also liked winning. Something I haven't been too familiar with this year, but as long as the Broncos are winning, I'm fine.

DomCasual
10-15-2015, 06:25 PM
This story made me LOL.

Sammy, it's not the Bills that are making you look bad.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13896976/sammy-watkins-tells-buffalo-bills-making-look-bad-lack-targets

Sammy Watkins to Bills: 'You're making me look bad'

Buffalo Bills wide receiver Sammy Watkins is upset with his lack of targets, telling The Buffalo News this week that he and his agent told the team that they were making him "look bad" after the Bills selected him fourth overall in 2014.

"I need the ball at least 10 times -- I need 10 targets -- and l'll be fine with however many yards I get," Watkins told the newspaper. "And that's what I addressed in talking with my agent. We reached out to a couple people and tried to pull some string like, 'Hey, I need my targets. You came up to draft me and I'm not getting targets -- that's a problem.'

IndelibleScribe
10-15-2015, 06:29 PM
This story made me LOL.

Sammy, it's not the Bills that are making you look bad.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13896976/sammy-watkins-tells-buffalo-bills-making-look-bad-lack-targets

Sammy Watkins to Bills: 'You're making me look bad'

Buffalo Bills wide receiver Sammy Watkins is upset with his lack of targets, telling The Buffalo News this week that he and his agent told the team that they were making him "look bad" after the Bills selected him fourth overall in 2014.

"I need the ball at least 10 times -- I need 10 targets -- and l'll be fine with however many yards I get," Watkins told the newspaper. "And that's what I addressed in talking with my agent. We reached out to a couple people and tried to pull some string like, 'Hey, I need my targets. You came up to draft me and I'm not getting targets -- that's a problem.'

Sweet Jesus.... what a moron.

ColoradoDarin
10-15-2015, 06:43 PM
Sweet Jesus.... what a moron.

Aaaaaand that's why he's been on my fantasy bench for the last 4 weeks.

IndelibleScribe
10-15-2015, 06:47 PM
Aaaaaand that's why he's been on my fantasy bench for the last 4 weeks.

I've benched him for 3.

ludo21
10-15-2015, 09:11 PM
He has been hurt!? Why is he talking? Idiot

ludo21
10-16-2015, 08:16 AM
not nfl, but from those HS boys hitting that ref

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/highlight/lol-justice/?utm_source=vicesportstwitter

LikeABoss5820
10-17-2015, 02:48 PM
NE places Tarrell Brown on IR.

broncosteven
10-17-2015, 04:49 PM

Take away Gronk and Eddelman while sending the house?

DBroncos4life
10-18-2015, 08:30 AM
According to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, multiple teams have inquired about Vernon Davis' availability in a trade.
Davis is in the final year of his contract and unlikely to be a part of San Francisco's rebuilding movement. The Niners would only get a 2017 compensatory pick if Davis leaves in free agency, so there's some incentive to move him before the November 3 trade deadline.

Rascal
10-18-2015, 08:45 AM
Jarek Cook also available reportedly

IndelibleScribe
10-18-2015, 04:41 PM
According to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, multiple teams have inquired about Vernon Davis' availability in a trade.
Davis is in the final year of his contract and unlikely to be a part of San Francisco's rebuilding movement. The Niners would only get a 2017 compensatory pick if Davis leaves in free agency, so there's some incentive to move him before the November 3 trade deadline.

Do it....do it now.

SouthStndJunkie
10-20-2015, 06:51 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/20/colts-sign-cb-tony-carter/

Colts sign CB Tony Carter

IndelibleScribe
10-20-2015, 06:56 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/20/colts-sign-cb-tony-carter/

Colts sign CB Tony Carter

November 8th, Peyton Manning career game, Tony Carter gives up 4 TD's.
Oh yes....oooooohhhhh yes.
Damn, I thought I had let go of the Carter hate...but I have not.

Rocket 7
10-20-2015, 07:36 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/seattle-seahawks-marshawn-lynch-fred-jackson-drag-race-crashes-car-102015

Seattle Seahawks running back Fred Jackson crashed his sports car while racing teammate Marshawn Lynch, according to a TMZ report Tuesday.

broncosteven
10-20-2015, 07:49 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/seattle-seahawks-marshawn-lynch-fred-jackson-drag-race-crashes-car-102015

Seattle Seahawks running back Fred Jackson crashed his sports car while racing teammate Marshawn Lynch, according to a TMZ report Tuesday.

You think they would have learned something after the FB got into an accident.

It is fun to watch franchises spiral out of control when they know their SB run is over.

IndelibleScribe
10-20-2015, 08:13 PM

Well, now we know why Buffalo separated them. :rofl:

DBroncos4life
10-20-2015, 08:16 PM
Rotoworld says it's all lies.
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Fred Jackson and Marshawn Lynch weren't even drag racing when Jackson wrecked his car Tuesday afternoon.
TMZ Sports' story has quickly fallen apart. According to multiple eye witnesses, Jackson pulled out of the Seahawks' team facility a little too fast following practice and misjudged a sharp turn and crashed into a stop sign. Lynch simply was one of the teammates at the scene, along with several others. Jackson shouldn't face any legal or league discipline and is reportedly uninjured.
Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter Oct 20 - 9:33 PM

Enter The Dragon
10-20-2015, 08:17 PM
My boy won 24k last nite on draft kings! !! First time player beat 1055 guys on a $20 in.

IndelibleScribe
10-20-2015, 08:22 PM
I would be happy as hell too. Congrats to your friend.

Enter The Dragon
10-20-2015, 08:41 PM
I would be happy as hell too. Congrats to your friend.

Yep minus uncle Sam getting his, that's a decent haul. Notice the user name socnorbian. Derived from the awesomeness of socnorb. (For Chrissy that's Broncos spelled backwards)

Rohirrim
10-20-2015, 08:51 PM

I'll bet Mock would have been happy about that.

OMAHA HA
10-20-2015, 11:08 PM
My boy won 24k last nite on draft kings! !! First time player beat 1055 guys on a $20 in.

What did his lineup look like ?

Tombstone RJ
10-21-2015, 08:17 AM

How long has he worked for Fan Duel?

mwill07
10-21-2015, 08:42 AM
How long has he worked for Fan Duel?

lol

SouthStndJunkie
10-21-2015, 11:02 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/32for32x151021/ranking-most-banged-nfl-teams-1-32

Ranking the most banged-up NFL teams from 1-32

DBroncos4life
10-21-2015, 12:59 PM
Denver Post

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on LinkedIn
Broncos try out 10, including former Pueblo WR Paul Browning

By Nicki Jhabvala The Denver Post

Wednesday, Oct. 21, 2015 - 1:25 p.m.

Watch Video Watch Video

Paul Browning, CSU-Pueblo, scores a touchdown against Jarrad McKay, left, and Ryan Wood, Colorado School of Mines Orediggers in the second quarter at Campbell Stadium in Golden Colorado, October 13th, 2012. The Denver Post/ Andy Cross (THE DENVER POST | ANDY CROSS)
Before closing up shop for a few days during the bye week, the Broncos tried out 10 players Tuesday, including former Colorado State-Pueblo star receiver Paul Browning.

Browning set school records with 2,507 receiving yards and 24 touchdowns in 143 career games at Pueblo, helping the ThunderWolves to their first DII national championship last December.

Browning was signed by Cleveland as an undrafted free agent in May. He was waived a month later and picked up by Carolina, who released him Aug. 31.

The Broncos also worked out former Northern Colorado quarterback Seth Lobato; wide receiver DaVaris Daniels (Notre Dame), linebackers Sage Harold (James Madison) and J.R. Tavai (Southern California), tight ends Matt LaCosse (Illinois) and Harold Spears (New Hampshire), defensive backs John Lowdermilk (Iowa) and Ryan Murphy (Oregon State), and tackle Andrew McDonald (Indiana).

The Broncos on Monday released running back Kapri Bibbs following his first game of the season on the active roster.
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29002142/broncos-try-out-10-including-former-pueblo-wr

SouthStndJunkie
10-22-2015, 12:37 PM
Wide receiver Brandon Lloyd on Thursday announced his retirement from the NFL after 11 seasons.

The 34-year-old Lloyd, who played last season for the San Francisco 49ers, retires with 399 catches for 5,989 and 36 touchdown receptions.

"I am so thankful for the years I spent in the NFL," Lloyd said in a statement. "I do not have one regret, and I am blessed to leave the game in such a healthy and happy place. I will do all I can to positively represent the league and its players for the rest of my life."

He led the NFL in receiving yards in 2010 with the Denver Broncos when he had 1,448 yards and earned the only Pro Bowl honors of his career.

Lloyd played in 142 games with six different teams (49ers, Washington Redskins, Chicago Bears, Broncos, St. Louis Rams and New England Patriots). He was a fourth-round pick by San Francisco in the 2003 draft.

SouthStndJunkie
10-22-2015, 12:39 PM
Brandon Lloyd made a lot of spectacular catches for Denver in that 2010 season.

underrated29
10-22-2015, 12:48 PM

And some post game interviews!!

Rohirrim
10-22-2015, 12:50 PM

No kidding! Some remarkable grabs.

SouthStndJunkie
10-22-2015, 02:20 PM
No kidding! Some remarkable grabs.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Mu1VBplWVcM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shananahan
10-22-2015, 02:40 PM
That's the only kind he knows.

Shananahan
10-22-2015, 02:41 PM
Or knew, I guess.

RIP Brandon Lloyd

broncs2bowl
10-22-2015, 04:25 PM
Imagine if we had Lloyd, Thomas, Sanders, Welker and JT

2KBack
10-23-2015, 06:01 AM
Lloyd is a conundrum to me. He might be the most gifted athlete I have ever seen play football....but never really used it to his (or any teams) fullest advantage.

ColoradoDarin
10-23-2015, 06:06 AM
Lloyd is a conundrum to me. He might be the most gifted athlete I have ever seen play football....but never really used it to his (or any teams) fullest advantage.

http://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/imported_assets/2143801/duck.gif

Lloyd could make some ODB catches, but then would routinely drop passes that hit him in the hands.

Blueflame
10-23-2015, 06:24 AM
Nah, that's definitely hyperbole. Guys like Rod Smith blow him wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyy out of the water in every category.

fyp. I'd take Rod Smith -- or, y'know, that other receiver (TE) who wore #84 -- over Brandon Lloyd any day.

2KBack
10-23-2015, 06:36 AM
Nah, that's definitely hyperbole. Guys like Randy Moss and Deion blow him wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyy out of the water in every category.

I wouldn't call it hyperbole at all. His body control is second to none, others were faster or could jump higher, more explosive (which yes are all athletic attributes), but for pure balance and body control Lloyd was as good as anyone. Which is why he was so disappointing overall, since he didn't turn out to be a great actual football player.

bowtown
10-23-2015, 07:24 AM
Wonder if Lloyd will enter his mind's HOF as a Bronco.

2KBack
10-23-2015, 09:03 AM
It's very, very, very good, and certainly elite tier, but second to none? C'mon mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Okay, for the sake of accuracy I'll say some of the best body control I've seen...and certainly too good to have been a 3rd tier WR almost his entire career. Which is too bad.

DENVERDUI55
10-23-2015, 10:14 AM
I'll agree with that. Circus catches oddly seemed to come easier than routine catch and runs. I wonder if he was that shy about taking hits so going up and getting it in space was the only time he really felt comfortable playing the ball.

It's almost like they took the pressure off him and he didn't think about catching balls he wasn't expected to grab. He really only had 1 good year filled with circus catches. The mental game was something he never was good at and his athletic ability allowed him to get by for the most part. As you mentioned, that athletic ability with the mind to play the game turns a player into Randy Moss. The game looked so easy to that guy.

2KBack
10-23-2015, 10:36 AM
I'll agree with that. Circus catches oddly seemed to come easier than routine catch and runs. I wonder if he was that shy about taking hits so going up and getting it in space was the only time he really felt comfortable playing the ball.

With the number of times he would hit the dirt right after making the catch, that is likely the case.

jmz313
10-23-2015, 10:38 AM
Randy Moss was the most talented and athletic WR to ever play the game.

Deion was the most talented and athletic CB to ever play the game.

Elway was the most talented and athletic QB to ever play the game.

Bo Jackson was the most talented and athletic RB to ever play the game.

Other positions, especially combined with more modern athleticism (combine measurables, etc) standards, start getting a lot murkier.

Moss: Nah, Athletic yes, talented no. his game was elevated purely on his athleticism. TO is a better examples of possessing both IMO.

Deion: Agreed

Elway: obviously

Bo: maybe. Jim Brown generally gets that nod though. Then there's Barry who's game screamed talent and athleticism.

DENVERDUI55
10-23-2015, 10:39 AM
Moss: Nah, Athletic yes, talented no. his game was elevated purely on his athleticism. TO is a better examples of possessing both IMO.

You might be the first person to say Moss wasn't that talented.

IndelibleScribe
10-23-2015, 10:43 AM

Deion: Agreed

Elway: obviously

Bo: maybe. Jim Brown generally gets that nod though. Then there's Barry who's game screamed talent and athleticism.

Effort is not the same as talent. Moss was the most gifted WR possibly ever. He just did not give the amount of effort needed throughout games in his career.
If you gave Moss the mentality of Jerry Rice.....there would be no WR record that could ever be broken.

jmz313
10-23-2015, 11:28 AM
Effort is not the same as talent. Moss was the most gifted WR possibly ever. He just did not give the amount of effort needed throughout games in his career.
If you gave Moss the mentality of Jerry Rice.....there would be no WR record that could ever be broken.

Maybe you are right. But.... chuck it deep to Moss based on a "Randy Ratio" doesn't scream talent to me. HE was tall, and super fast and ran down the field.

MOST talented? Calvin and Andre Johnson surely demonstrate more talent to me. But maybe its just they put in more effort. I just don;t know how i can tell the difference watching on tv.

jmz313
10-23-2015, 11:29 AM
You might be the first person to say Moss wasn't that talented.

I meant he's not the "most talented". Unless talent is being super fast and tall with WR quality hands.

Kaylore
10-23-2015, 11:40 AM
I meant he's not the "most talented". Unless talent is being super fast and tall with WR quality hands.

...and by those standards he is still not the most talented.

Bronco
10-23-2015, 06:14 PM
Los Angeles chargers

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13956421/san-diego-chargers-mark-fabiani-says-team-file-relocation-losangeles-january

Paladin
10-23-2015, 06:24 PM
Los Angeles in November is not the same as in San Diego...... I hope if they move there, Phoenix gets moved to the AFCW. I'd rather get laid in Phoenix than in LA.

ColoradoDarin
10-24-2015, 06:25 AM
Los Angeles in November is not the same as in San Diego...... I hope if they move there, Phoenix gets moved to the AFCW. I'd rather get laid in Phoenix than in LA.

Me too (but I'd bring my lay, I mean wife....)

Rohirrim
10-24-2015, 06:38 AM
Los Angeles chargers

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13956421/san-diego-chargers-mark-fabiani-says-team-file-relocation-losangeles-january

They can file. Doesn't mean it will happen.

Smiling Assassin27
10-27-2015, 11:32 AM
To nobody's shock, Ryan Mallett gets cut for missing team plane.

As a funny man once said: Damn, you gotta be a stupid mf'er to get fired on your day off.

bronco militia
10-27-2015, 11:38 AM

As a funny man once said: Damn, you gotta be a stupid mf'er to get fired on your day off.

he'll be back in New England by the end of the week. He's already got a ride from the airport....

http://www.joshmcdanielssucks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/McDaniels-Fired.jpg

maggnus
10-27-2015, 11:53 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a> have released Ryan Mallett and are working to bring back T.J. Yates as their backup quarterback.</p>&mdash; Tania Ganguli (@taniaganguli) <a href="https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/659041876746633216">October 27, 2015</a></blockquote>

Shananahan
10-27-2015, 12:10 PM
...and by those standards he is still not the most talented.
Who do you like instead?

Powderaddict
10-27-2015, 12:22 PM
Who do you like instead?

Eddie Mac!

DENVERDUI55
10-27-2015, 12:27 PM

They should have told him don't bother showing up to the game.

IndelibleScribe
10-27-2015, 01:45 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a> have released Ryan Mallett and are working to bring back T.J. Yates as their backup quarterback.</p>&mdash; Tania Ganguli (@taniaganguli) <a href="https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/659041876746633216">October 27, 2015</a></blockquote>

This makes it so much funnier when you watch O'Brien inform the QB's that it was a close call in who won the job. :rofl:

SouthStndJunkie
10-27-2015, 06:04 PM
The New York Giants have reached agreement with defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul on a contract for the remainder of this season, the team announced, bringing resolution to an ordeal that began when he severely damaged his hand in a July 4 fireworks accident.

Sources with knowledge of the situation said Pierre-Paul's deal is heavy on incentives tied to how much of the remainder of this season he's able to play. Since he has not practiced with the team since last season (he skipped the offseason program in protest of the team not signing him to a long-term contract), the Giants aren't yet ready to put him on the field. Their hope is that he can get into shape to play by Week 10 or Week 12. They have a bye in Week 11.

BroncosfanGuy
10-27-2015, 06:11 PM
Moss: Nah, Athletic yes, talented no.

crazy talk

he was maybe the most talented WR to play the game and who knows how good he would have been had he had the dedication a guy like Rice had.

Kaylore
10-27-2015, 09:55 PM
Who do you like instead?

Than Brandon Lloyd? The top five receivers this year are all more talented than Lloyd ever was.

IndelibleScribe
10-27-2015, 10:12 PM
Maybe you are right. But.... chuck it deep to Moss based on a "Randy Ratio" doesn't scream talent to me. HE was tall, and super fast and ran down the field.

MOST talented? Calvin and Andre Johnson surely demonstrate more talent to me. But maybe its just they put in more effort. I just don;t know how i can tell the difference watching on tv.

He was a freak of nature and had a ton of talent and even more potential to be better than he was.
He was a guy you had to game plan around and key your defense in on.
Scouts from other teams were wowed by him.
He holds 22 NFL records and he dogged it on the field far too much in his career.

Rarely do you hear people talk about how a great player should have been even better. You hear fans, experts, analysts and etc say that about Moss all of the time.
He's one of the greatest WR's in NFL history and people fully expect him to be better. He was the first WR that people talked about in the same breath as Jerry Rice in the modern era.

broncocalijohn
10-27-2015, 10:27 PM

Yet Hardy still has a job.

broncocalijohn
10-27-2015, 10:28 PM
he'll be back in New England by the end of the week. He's already got a ride from the airport....

http://www.joshmcdanielssucks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/McDaniels-Fired.jpg

Wait a minute. I thought Pats are playing the Dolphins, not the Texans.