PDA

View Full Version : Around The NFL:

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76

elsid13
04-22-2015, 05:40 PM
I wouldn't count them going after RGIII out either. Elway was pretty enamored with him, he knows Shanahan/Kubiak's offense, was successful in it, and has been handed quite a few doses of humility since.

I'm not saying I'd do it, but I wouldn't be shocked if Elway did. They may view separating him and Snyder as just what the Dr ordered.

Though Kubiak would probably rather not after Mike's experience with Robert as a person.

I just talked myself full circle...

RGIII burnt his bridge with Shanny and I don't see either Elway or Kubiak touching him.

SouthStndJunkie
04-22-2015, 05:45 PM
Philip's on Tennessee time. You know it. I know it. Tom Telesco knows it.

Nice Pulp Fiction reference...."All right, Scotty, next time I see you, it'll be on Tennessee time."

"Cool brother."

BroncosfanGuy
04-22-2015, 05:49 PM
Oh Hell NO!!!!!!!!!!

to RGIII? call me crazy, but I think he'd be fine in Kube's O. Would rather Denver started him in a year than the latest Baylor QB.

When was the last time ANYONE had sustained success in Washington? Champ Bailey? And even he wanted out and said Washington ran their org like a fantasy team. I wouldn't give up on RGIII just yet.

Maybe he has some growing up to do (show me a guy his age who doesn't), but the skills are there. The Shanahan/RGIII rift is probably a big red flag for Denver, but I'd be alright with Denver picking him up once the "Let's get Manning his regular-season records and maaaaaaaaaybe make a run" season is up.

SouthStndJunkie
04-22-2015, 05:50 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>NFL announces a 10-game suspension for Cowboys DE Greg Hardy. Without pay. That would be a pretty serious statement by the league.</p>&mdash; Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/590971575278637057">April 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>NFL’s investigation confirmed Hardy had a “futon” full of guns: <a href="http://t.co/3iSWYQDCJs">pic.twitter.com/3iSWYQDCJs</a></p>&mdash; Will Brinson (@WillBrinson) <a href="https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/590971148680224768">April 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

"Hardy har har"

errand
04-22-2015, 05:50 PM
I wouldn't count them going after RGIII out either. Elway was pretty enamored with him, he knows Shanahan/Kubiak's offense, was successful in it, and has been handed quite a few doses of humility since.

I'm not saying I'd do it, but I wouldn't be shocked if Elway did. They may view separating him and Snyder as just what the Dr ordered.

Though Kubiak would probably rather not after Mike's experience with Robert as a person.

I just talked myself full circle...

RGIII and out.....

SouthStndJunkie
04-22-2015, 05:54 PM
to RGIII? call me crazy, but I think he'd be fine in Kube's O. Would rather Denver started him in a year than the latest Baylor QB.

When was the last time ANYONE had sustained success in Washington? Champ Bailey? And even he wanted out and said Washington ran their org like a fantasy team. I wouldn't give up on RGIII just yet.

Maybe he has some growing up to do (show me a guy his age who doesn't), but the skills are there. The Shanahan/RGIII rift is probably a big red flag for Denver, but I'd be alright with Denver picking him up once the "Let's get Manning his regular-season records and maaaaaaaaaybe make a run" season is up.

Pass on RG III....those little pretzel twig legs look like they are ready to get blown to bits again every time I see him play.

He always looks like he's one play away from having a permanent metal rod inserted to keep his foot attached to one of his twigs.

Sam Bradford is Cal ****ing Ripken Jr. compared to RG III.

BroncosfanGuy
04-22-2015, 05:56 PM
Pass on RG III....those little pretzel twig legs look like they are ready to get blown to bits again every time I see him play.

He always looks like he's one play away from having a permanent metal rod inserted to keep his foot attached to one of his twigs.

Because QBs are known for having massive legs? Brady's legs look tiny too. I think RGIII would be fine in a system that kept him under control. There's a reason teams don't run the option as much as Wash did RGIII's rookie year.

I think this is a moot issue, though, as I think the Kubes-Shanahan connection is too tight for Denver to make a serious commitment to RGIII. I think it would be better than any of the QBs Denver has a shot at this year though

SouthStndJunkie
04-22-2015, 06:02 PM
Because QBs are known for having massive legs? Brady's legs look tiny too. I think RGIII would be fine in a system that kept him under control. There's a reason teams don't run the option as much as Wash did RGIII's rookie year.

I think this is a moot issue, though, as I think the Kubes-Shanahan connection is too tight for Denver to make a serious commitment to RGIII. I think it would be better than any of the QBs Denver has a shot at this year though

No....it's because RG III's legs are the consistency of stale peanut brittle.

Every time he takes of running I expect to see a piece of his lower appendage explode into the air in a bloody mist, while separating itself from the rest of his body.

Enter The Dragon
04-22-2015, 06:08 PM
No....it's because RG III's legs are the consistency of stale peanut brittle.

Every time he takes of running I expect to see a piece of his lower appendage explode into the air in a bloody mist, while separating itself from the rest of his body.

True story LOL!!!

Shananahan
04-22-2015, 06:08 PM
Well...

SouthStndJunkie
04-22-2015, 07:21 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/22/greg-jennings-agrees-to-terms-with-miami/

Greg Jennings agrees to terms with Miami

boltaneer
04-22-2015, 10:14 PM
Nope, Weddle is upset that he hasnt been offered an extention yet. Says he wants to retire a Charger but he has been there long enough to know they dont do extensions till other priority things are done. Not like he is a FA right now. Telesco said he will get to him.

Telesco hasnt offered an extension to Rivers yet, he just said earlier in the year that he wants to.

As for LT, he hasnt talked to Rivers so it means nothing. If he feels that way, i wonder why he was upset that AJ released him? Fitting.

We can argue all day but im not worried about where Rivers will be. You can choose to believe the Media who has no insight or info from our front office. Im giving you the front offices comments on it.

Actually the Chargers have approached Rivers about a contract extension but Rivers told them that he doesn't want to do it yet (not until there's more clarity with the LA situation). I think there may be some merit to that but I think, believe it or not even with Philip, it's mainly about money.

boltaneer
04-22-2015, 10:18 PM
None of this changes the fact that Rivers does not want to play for the Chargers and wants out. Just because you claim Telesco has not yet contacted Rivers about a new contract does not change the fact that Rivers has not knocked on Tom's door and said "hey, let's get this done."

Now is the perfect time for Rivers to be traded. If he does get traded I'm predicting it will be to TN. If he doesn't get traded to TN them I speculate that yes, indeed, he probably will re-up with SD.

He's not getting traded. McCoy and Telesco are also in their last year of their contract. They're not going to go 2-14 with a rookie quarterback with their jobs on the line.

And it makes no sense for either team. The Titans are in rebuild mode and trading away picks for a 30+ quarterback makes no sense. And the Chargers are in win now mode and trading away a franchise QB (no matter what mode you're in) is just plain stupidity.

Also, Rivers essentially has a no-trade clause since no team is going to give the value that the Chargers would want for him without negotiating a contract extension with a new team. He has said he wants to play here in 2015 and it would make no sense for him to want to go to a team as bad as Tennessee at this point in his career.

IndelibleScribe
04-22-2015, 10:41 PM
"Hardy har har"

How do you have a futon full of guns? What are you collecting them?

boltaneer
04-22-2015, 11:22 PM
It makes perfect sense if Peyton indeed does come in a take the Titans over..

Yeah, that makes just as much sense... :flush:

oubronco
04-23-2015, 05:21 AM
How do you have a futon full of guns? What are you collecting them?

Hell yea for when the shyt hits the fan

Tombstone RJ
04-23-2015, 08:24 AM
He's not getting traded. McCoy and Telesco are also in their last year of their contract. They're not going to go 2-14 with a rookie quarterback with their jobs on the line.

And it makes no sense for either team. The Titans are in rebuild mode and trading away picks for a 30+ quarterback makes no sense. And the Chargers are in win now mode and trading away a franchise QB (no matter what mode you're in) is just plain stupidity.

Also, Rivers essentially has a no-trade clause since no team is going to give the value that the Chargers would want for him without negotiating a contract extension with a new team. He has said he wants to play here in 2015 and it would make no sense for him to want to go to a team as bad as Tennessee at this point in his career.

But it's Rivers who is holding back from a new contract. So, if SD does not trade Rivers and Rivers does not sign a new contract then he'll play out his last year with no new contract? Um, that never happens, not unless you are on your rookie deal.

Nah, something just ain't right. Eveyone is saying Rivers wants to stay, and Telesco wants him to stay, blah, blah, blah. Yet, no new contract?

socalorado
04-23-2015, 08:26 AM
http://sandiego.suntimes.com/sd-sports/san-diego-chargers/7/92/119179/chargers-mock-draft-marcus-mariota/

One of the most well-respected sports publications of all-time thinks that Heisman Trophy winner, former Oregon quarterback, Marcus Mariota is headed to the San Diego Chargers — and you can probably guess how the Bolts would get him.
Yes — it would be in the No. 2 slot, in a projected trade with the Tennessee Titans involving Philip Rivers and the Chargers No. 17 pick.

Hmm.

jmz313
04-23-2015, 08:27 AM
But it's Rivers who is holding back from a new contract. So, if SD does not trade Rivers and Rivers does not sign a new contract then he'll play out his last year with no new contract? Um, that never happens, not unless you are on your rookie deal.

Nah, something just ain't right. Eveyone is saying Rivers wants to stay, and Telesco wants him to stay, blah, blah, blah. Yet, no new contract?

It's the speculation on moving to LA. He doesn't want to go to LA. seems pretty cut and dry. Rivers is shouldering the most risk here.

Brohemoth
04-23-2015, 08:30 AM
It's the speculation on moving to LA. He doesn't want to go to LA. seems pretty cut and dry. Rivers is shouldering the most risk here.

LA is two hours from San Diego on a bad day. Seems like an unlikely reason to turn down a big contract.

socalorado
04-23-2015, 08:50 AM
LA is two hours from San Diego on a bad day. Seems like an unlikely reason to turn down a big contract.

If you live in either city you would know there is a HUGE difference.
LA is a $h!thole. Smog, illegals, traffic from HELL and morons everywhere.
SD is clean, family oriented, laid back, not nearly the traffic, and less stress.
Still has lots of illegals too though. Amazingly, most pass through SD and go up to LA. You cant pay me to drive to LA. I'll pass. I fly out of john Wayne or Long beach. F LAX.

24champ
04-23-2015, 09:18 AM

First of all, LA is about 4-5 hours from SD on a bad day. Trust me.

LA has some nice areas but those are few (and extremely expensive) and far from any proposed stadium, especially ones involving the Chargers. Even Kobe, has to be helicoptered into Staples Center from where he lives.

Maybe I'm just getting older, but if you asked me 5-10 years ago which city I'd rather live in, it would be LA because of all the sports and there's more going on downtown than in SD. Now I'm picking SD, because it's much nicer, cleaner, less a**holes, more outdoor stuff to do, less traffic, and I could go on.

69bronco
04-23-2015, 09:21 AM
Dwayne Bowe is a good guy

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12747291/dwayne-bowe-returns-kansas-city-funeral-86-year-old-chiefs-fan

SonOfLe-loLang
04-23-2015, 10:03 AM

Two hours on a good day. It's like 8467388734374897349943 hours around comiccon time.

IndelibleScribe
04-23-2015, 10:20 AM
Hell yea for when the shyt hits the fan

What kind of **** could hit the fan that requires a war chest? I mean damn, what kind of extra curricular activities could you be pursuing that require a war chest?

oubronco
04-23-2015, 10:34 AM
Gotta protect the family from the vermin

Boltjolt
04-23-2015, 11:03 AM
None of this changes the fact that Rivers does not want to play for the Chargers and wants out. Just because you claim Telesco has not yet contacted Rivers about a new contract does not change the fact that Rivers has not knocked on Tom's door and said "hey, let's get this done."

Now is the perfect time for Rivers to be traded. If he does get traded I'm predicting it will be to TN. If he doesn't get traded to TN them I speculate that yes, indeed, he probably will re-up with SD.

:giggle: Rivers has never said he doesnt want to play for the Chargers and wants out. Thats just your fantasy.

Todays news:

Chargers, Titans haven't talked Rivers trade

By Michael Gehlken 8:30 A.M.APRIL 23, 2015

A blockbuster trade that'd arguably be the most complex in Chargers history is nowhere close to coming to fruition.

Speculation has mounted the Chargers could trade quarterback Philip Rivers to the Titans, who own the No. 2 overall pick, possibly to acquire former Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota. A Chargers team source said Thursday morning, one week before draft day, that San Diego has not discussed a Rivers trade "at all" with Tennessee. There has been no contact between the two sides.

A measure of caution.

Developments in this league can happen in an instant.

But nonetheless, silence may be telling for two parties with certainly a lot to figure out for rumor to become reality. Namely, the Chargers and Titans not only would need to reach compensation in a rare deal that sends a proven franchise quarterback for the unproven possibility of another. It seems likely the Titans also would need to have meaningful contract discussions with Rivers.

Rivers, 33, is entering the final year in his contract.

Any team that'd acquire him, sending valuable compensation in a trade, first would need assurance he was part of its long-term future.

The Chargers hope Rivers is part of theirs.

They have broached contract-extension talks with the nine-time captain, although at this point to no avail. General Manager Tom Telesco addressed Rivers' future at length Wednesday during his annual pre-draft press conference. Repeatedly, he made clear the team hopes to retain Rivers.

"Philip's our quarterback, and the plan is he'll be here for a long, long, long time," Telesco said.

The Chargers began voluntary workouts this week.

Rivers not only reported Monday but worked to scheduled a Tuesday throwing session with teammates, wide receiver Stevie Johnson said, in an effort to build chemistry toward the upcoming year.

"It's our plan and intent that he's our quarterback well into the future," Telesco said. "In all my discussions with him, he's shown a great amount of respect for his teammates and a great amount of respect for this organization. He's been here every day, working extremely hard, being the leader that he is that we've all come to know. I know he's really excited about this season as are we."

Boltjolt
04-23-2015, 11:11 AM

They both signed 4 year deals so thats not accurate. This is their third season together but i do agree that Rivers isnt going to get traded.

And they never offered Rivers a contract, they said they would like to extend him, so yes. Agree there.

IndelibleScribe
04-23-2015, 11:13 AM
Gotta protect the family from the vermin

Hilarious!

Boltjolt
04-23-2015, 11:15 AM
SD is clean, family oriented, laid back, not nearly the traffic, and less stress.
Still has lots of illegals too though. Amazingly, most pass through SD and go up to LA. You cant pay me to drive to LA. I'll pass. I fly out of john Wayne or Long beach. F LAX.

Very accurate. LA sucks. BIG difference between the two Cities. While LA was rioting, there was not a single incident in SD.

And yes, two hours is on a good day. My Father in law used to live in Downey which isnt even really getting to LA yet and it took us 5 hours to get home.

Old Dude
04-23-2015, 11:19 AM
Serious question, and I can't find the answer. So for anyone in the know ...

There was talk about a proposed rule change for 2015 that would shorten the distance from the goal line for 2-point conversion attempts.

Did that pass or was it shelved?

PRBronco
04-23-2015, 11:20 AM
What kind of **** could hit the fan that requires a war chest? I mean damn, what kind of extra curricular activities could you be pursuing that require a war chest?

Zombie apocalypse bro!

SonOfLe-loLang
04-23-2015, 11:22 AM

I don't get LAX hate. Ever. I've never had an issue getting in and out of that airport, and they are generally well equipped to handle the very busy travel days. For the past two years, my shortest security wait times have come the day before thanksgiving at LAX.

You want a ****hole? Try JFK.

jmz313
04-23-2015, 11:53 AM
Serious question, and I can't find the answer. So for anyone in the know ...

There was talk about a proposed rule change for 2015 that would shorten the distance from the goal line for 2-point conversion attempts.

Did that pass or was it shelved?

This is the first I've heard of this and if you couldn't find an answer, I'm guessing it was shelved.

PRBronco
04-23-2015, 12:18 PM
This is the first I've heard of this and if you couldn't find an answer, I'm guessing it was shelved.

Did some googling, sounds like it'll be voted on at a league meeting in May and is "likely" to be accepted.

jmz313
04-23-2015, 12:40 PM
Did some googling, sounds like it'll be voted on at a league meeting in May and is "likely" to be accepted.

so a 1yd line spot? seems like the ball's spot should be consistent weather you line up for 1 or 2. Would that make a fake EXP illegal?

PRBronco
04-23-2015, 12:43 PM
so a 1yd line spot? seems like the ball's spot should be consistent weather you line up for 1 or 2. Would that make a fake EXP illegal?

Oh good question, not sure.

Old Dude
04-23-2015, 01:20 PM
Don't see why it would be illegal, since the "cost" of the fake would be the extra yard you'd have to pick up.

If this does get voted in, I can see teams putting in extra work and maybe even adding some specialist personnel on conversion packages.

PRBronco
04-23-2015, 01:27 PM
If this does get voted in, I can see teams putting in extra work and maybe even adding some specialist personnel on conversion packages.

That's actually how I heard about...discussion amongst Eagles fans about Chip bringing Tim in for it.

boltaneer
04-23-2015, 06:48 PM
They both signed 4 year deals so thats not accurate. This is their third season together but i do agree that Rivers isnt going to get traded.

And they never offered Rivers a contract, they said they would like to extend him, so yes. Agree there.

Good catch. It was being reported that they signed 3 year deals and I took it at face value. Journalism is dead.

boltaneer
04-23-2015, 06:52 PM

I think Mike Florio's credibility is barely a step above Bleacher Report but he did come up with an interesting point the other day. He thinks that this is a move by River's agent because the value of Rivers as the SD Chargers quarterback and the LA Chargers quarterback would be different. If the team is going to supposedly double in value by going to LA, then his client should be rewarded more as the LA Chargers quarterback.

99% of the time, it simply comes down to money and though Rivers doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would be heavily concerned about it, money is what these guys are putting their bodies on the line for.

BroncosfanGuy
04-23-2015, 07:36 PM
maybe Rivers is against the principle of moving the team to LA. I have come to like Rivers more and more as time has passed. And if he's unwilling to re-sign based on principle RE: moving the team to LA. That's pretty cool.

pricejj
04-23-2015, 10:33 PM
Klis out at the Denver Post!

Ha Ha

ludo21
04-24-2015, 06:09 AM
Troy Renck is not half bad actually.

Re: Rivers - has the point been made that he has a ton of kids so he actually needs the money he is making ;D

TonyR
04-24-2015, 06:17 AM

This is being discussed in Philly as one of the reasons they may consider keeping Tebow. And I'm not kidding.

And there is something to the speculation that Chip Kelly may have interest in Tebow as a two-point conversion specialist. The NFL is expected to vote on changes to the point-after-touchdown rules, perhaps making the two-point conversion more common.http://www.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12748308/tim-tebow-improved-philadelphia-eagles-executive-ed-marynowitz-says

69bronco
04-24-2015, 07:04 AM
maybe Rivers is against the principle of moving the team to LA. I have come to like Rivers more and more as time has passed. And if he's unwilling to re-sign based on principle RE: moving the team to LA. That's pretty cool.

Yea between this, his good character and playing with a torn acl in the playoffs I'm a big fan of his.

bronco militia
04-24-2015, 07:12 AM
Klis out at the Denver Post!

Ha Ha

he's moving to channel 9 to torment eyes and ears

SouthStndJunkie
04-24-2015, 07:27 AM
It seems silly now that we used to bust Adam Schefter's balls when he was still a local beat writer. He was well connected in Dove Valley...especially with Shanny, who probably used him to disseminate information. Schefter wrote Shanny's book for ****'s sake.

Schefter just got a little too cute with the food reviews.

Schefter is like an NFL Varys in Game of Thrones now....maybe Shanny emasculated him and made him a eunuch, using his cock and balls in a magical ritual that was used to win those Super Bowls?

NFLBRONCO
04-24-2015, 07:38 AM
he's moving to channel 9 to torment eyes and ears

9 news likes to collect idiots between him and Drew time to switch to 4

PRBronco
04-24-2015, 07:43 AM
It seems silly now that we used to bust Adam Schefter's balls when he was still a local beat writer. He was well connected in Dove Valley...especially with Shanny, who probably used him to disseminate information. Schefter wrote Shanny's book for ****'s sake.

Schefter is like an NFL Varys in Game of Thrones now....maybe Shanny emasculated him and made him a eunuch, using his cock and balls in a magical ritual that was used to win those Super Bowls?

:rofl: Awesome. There's a "little birds" and "twitter" joke in here somewhere but I just can't put it together, haven't had any coffee yet today.

Tombstone RJ
04-24-2015, 08:46 AM
I think Mike Florio's credibility is barely a step above Bleacher Report but he did come up with an interesting point the other day. He thinks that this is a move by River's agent because the value of Rivers as the SD Chargers quarterback and the LA Chargers quarterback would be different. If the team is going to supposedly double in value by going to LA, then his client should be rewarded more as the LA Chargers quarterback.

99% of the time, it simply comes down to money and though Rivers doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would be heavily concerned about it, money is what these guys are putting their bodies on the line for.

Rivers has proven over and over that he is a stand up guy and he would not want to leave the Chargers unless he has a very good reason. More money is not one of those reasons IMHO.

pricejj
04-24-2015, 08:56 AM
His replacement will no doubt be similarly terrible.

I actually kind of like listening to Troy Renck, he'll get better as he gets more connected.

BroncoBeavis
04-24-2015, 09:19 AM

Ha. I forgot the food reviews. Wish I'd been on the OM back in those days. :)

peacepipe
04-24-2015, 09:40 AM
This is being discussed in Philly as one of the reasons they may consider keeping Tebow. And I'm not kidding.

http://www.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12748308/tim-tebow-improved-philadelphia-eagles-executive-ed-marynowitz-says

Well he's likely to get cut again if that's the case. Can't see the Eagles using a roster spot on a player for two point conversions.

PRBronco
04-24-2015, 09:44 AM
Well he's likely to get cut again if that's the case. Can't see the Eagles using a roster spot on a player for two point conversions.

Chip is crazy though man, no telling what's going on in that guy's head.

socalorado
04-24-2015, 09:47 AM
http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2015/4/23/8486267/no-rivers-mariota-trade-talk-with-titans-says-lying-chargers-gm

Seems the Sparklers GM is keeping a trade to TENN still an option one day later.

BroncoBeavis
04-24-2015, 09:53 AM

Did you read the article? You're making a headline out of a tacked-on afterthought at the end.

Headline:

Eagles see 'great deal of improvement with' Tim Tebow

peacepipe
04-24-2015, 09:59 AM
Did you read the article? You're making a headline out of a tacked-on afterthought at the end.

Headline:

But is it enough, tebow has a lot to prove between now and the start of the season & tebow isn't exactly a great practice player.

PRBronco
04-24-2015, 10:01 AM
But is it enough, tebow has a lot to prove between now and the start of the season & tebow isn't exactly a great practice player.

Ugh, yup. He's the polar opposite of Kyle Orton.

socalorado
04-24-2015, 10:03 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/proposed-los-angeles-area-nfl-stadium-boasts-lightning-132649505--nfl.html

So apparently the sparklers are already in LA.

socalorado
04-24-2015, 10:04 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/4/23/8486149/new-chargers-raiders-stadium-plans-LIGHTNING-BOLT-LIGHTNING-BOLT

Again

peacepipe
04-24-2015, 10:10 AM
Ugh, yup. He's the polar opposite of Kyle Orton.

Not really. Tebow wasn't a good game QB either.

PRBronco
04-24-2015, 10:28 AM
Not really. Tebow wasn't a good game QB either.

Except for all those times he was. But there's a different thread for that :)

TonyR
04-24-2015, 10:42 AM
Can't see the Eagles using a roster spot on a player for two point conversions.

Chip Kelly puts more emphasis on special teams than probably any other coach in the league. They have multiple players signed either exclusively or almost exclusively for their ST ability. Tebow is signed to a minimum contract so it wouldn't be all that crazy for that team, especially if he could also be the #3 QB.

bronco militia
04-24-2015, 10:57 AM
....you're welcome

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/obpat.png

socalorado
04-24-2015, 11:01 AM
....you're welcome

The 3 biggest d!ckweeds together.

Boltjolt
04-24-2015, 11:41 AM
Seems the Sparklers GM is keeping a trade to TENN still an option one day later.

LOL, yeah, Boltsfromtheblue is where you should be getting credible news ::)

Just so you know, anybody can write a piece for that place and any SBNation site. I could write one to rebuttle that one if i want to but it was such a ridiculous piece that it isnt worth it rebuttle somebody who is clueless to the situation.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
04-24-2015, 11:45 AM

Headline:

We've heard the great deal of improvement since his 1st offseason as a bronco. If what Jay Feely says is correct, it's no wonder why he can't beat out jet 3rd stringers. he's got 3 QBs ahead of him right now. I'm willing to bet he doesn't beat out at least 2 of them(barring QB injuries).

Boltjolt
04-24-2015, 11:46 AM
Again

Yes and at the other end of the stadium there will be a special area for the Raider fans who dress up in their costume garb to enter the stadium for all to see to get the fans into it and they will play a Darth Vador type tune in the background.

oubronco
04-24-2015, 11:47 AM
....you're welcome

Dumb Dumber and Dumbest

socalorado
04-24-2015, 11:58 AM
LOL, yeah, Boltsfromtheblue is where you should be getting credible news ::)

Just so you know, anybody can write a piece for that place and any SBNation site. I could write one to rebuttle that one if i want to but it was such a ridiculous piece that it isnt worth it rebuttle somebody who is clueless to the situation.

Oh relax Sparklepower. Were just discussing stuff in the offseason.
There's not much goin on other than the exodus of your team.

Boltjolt
04-24-2015, 12:02 PM
Oh relax Sparklepower. Were just discussing stuff in the offseason.
There's not much goin on other than the exodus of your team.

Sure there is. Theres the many FA's you lost and Elway showing to be a jerk about D. Thomas not showing up to voluntary workouts because he got a franchise tag. Like Elway would show up. Hec there are two players who ever refused to play for a team if drafted, in draft history and he is one of them.

It makes perfect sense, he is just being a douche.

socalorado
04-24-2015, 12:03 PM
Sure there is. Theres the many FA's you lost and Elway showing to be a jerk about D. Thomas not showing up to voluntary workouts because he got a franchise tag. Like Elway would show up. Hec there are two players who ever refused to play for a team if drafted, in draft history and he is one of them.

It makes perfect sense, he is just being a douche.

I agree, but that's not nearly as much fun as a new stadium with lightning and stuff! I could just hear that ACDC song ... THUNDER!

Boltjolt
04-24-2015, 12:07 PM
I agree, but that's not nearly as much fun as a new stadium with lightning and stuff! I could just hear that ACDC song ... THUNDER!

That would be real cool, ...if the stadium is in SD. I doubt teh Raiders would agree to lightning bolts coming out anywhere in a stadium that they share.

IMO there is no way that partnership is going to work. I do believe that in the end the Chargers will be in SD....but i would love it if they moved here to Vegas. Too bad the NFL are hypocrites about Vegas though.

socalorado
04-24-2015, 12:08 PM
That would be real cool, ...if the stadium is in SD. I doubt teh Raiders would agree to lightning bolts coming out anywhere in a stadium that they share.

IMO there is no way that partnership is going to work. I do believe that in the end the Chargers will be in SD....but i would love it if they moved here to Vegas. Too bad the NFL are hypocrites about Vegas though.

Well your getting the Black Knights! That will be awesome. Good start.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
04-24-2015, 12:29 PM

Raiders will do anything to leave Oakland. They are ready to make the switch to the NFC cause you can't have 2 teams in one city(LA) in the same conference.

Broncojef
04-24-2015, 01:36 PM
Dumb Dumber and Dumbest

Should have given him a Zero to wear.

broncocalijohn
04-24-2015, 01:37 PM
So apparently the sparklers are already in LA.

To have the Raiders back in LA is going to suck. That gang **** left to Oakland and was perfect. I hope they suck for another 13 years after this suckitude season.

TonyR
04-24-2015, 01:44 PM
http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/04/2015_nfl_draft_rumors_sam_bradford_thinks_the_eagl .html#incart_2box_sports_index.ssf

Eagles' latest Marcus Mariota rumor involves Fletcher Cox, Mychal Kendricks and Sam Bradford
http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/04/latest_eaglesmarcus_mariota_rumor_involves_fletche .html

SouthStndJunkie
04-24-2015, 06:23 PM
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The receiver-needy Tennessee Titans have added veteran Hakeem Nicks on a one-year deal, the team announced Friday.

IndelibleScribe
04-24-2015, 06:42 PM
http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/04/2015_nfl_draft_rumors_sam_bradford_thinks_the_eagl .html#incart_2box_sports_index.ssf

Eagles' latest Marcus Mariota rumor involves Fletcher Cox, Mychal Kendricks and Sam Bradford
http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/04/latest_eaglesmarcus_mariota_rumor_involves_fletche .html

If the Eagles do that. They deserve all the hell they will endure. Mariota is good but these nonsensical packages when you do not have the talent to spare are asinine.

BroncoSojia
04-24-2015, 06:46 PM

That trade would be monumentally stupid.

Broncojef
04-24-2015, 07:08 PM

Its clear you need a special QB to go anywhere in the post season and Chip thinks he's the guy in this draft. Looks like he's ready to start the rebuild around a guy he trusts rather than having a bunch of talent wallowing in mediocrity. I'm not sure Mariota is the guy but looks like Chip wants to go all in.

boltaneer
04-24-2015, 11:52 PM
Regarding the Chargers:

1) The Chargers have a better chance to move to Syria than to Carson. Nothing is getting built on that toxic landfill in an environmental crazy state like California. Kroenke is going to be the one to move and the NFL has said there won't be two stadiums in LA. Kroenke has the money to do it. The Chargers and Raiders combined don't.

2) Rivers has no trade value with only one year left on his contract. And if the Chargers really wanted Mariota, they'd have to do a draft day deal with a new contract for Rivers (they're not going to trade him pre-draft because Tampa Bay could take Mariota). And they're not going to approach Rivers with a trade beforehand in case Tampa does pick Mariota, then you're stuck with a disgruntled Rivers and no quarterback to trade him for.

pricejj
04-25-2015, 01:06 AM
Regarding the Chargers:

You've got 1 playoff win in the last 7 years.

TonyR
04-25-2015, 07:31 AM

Part of me agrees. That's a lot to give up But another part of me thinks that if you're Chip Kelly, and you think Mariota is going to be an All Pro caliber QB in your system for 10+ years, don't you have to go all in to get him?

Just noticed that Broncojef said pretty much the same thing...

Tombstone RJ
04-25-2015, 07:48 AM
How come trading Mychel Kendricks is doable but trading Rivers isn't, is Kendricks still on his rookie contract?

pricejj
04-25-2015, 07:52 AM
That trade would be a smart move.

1. Sam Bradford isn't worth anything.
2. Fletcher Cox average DT in last year of contract
3. Mychal Kendricks has never had a 100 tackle season and is in the last year of his contract.

Cox and Kendricks aren't worth the amount of money they'll be asking for in the FA market.

Old Dude
04-25-2015, 07:54 AM
Citing sources from 4 NFL teams, Albert Breer tweets that draft prospect Jalen Collins failed "multiple" drug tests (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000488093/article/lsu-cornerback-jalen-collins-failed-multiple-drug-tests-in-college)while at LSU.

pricejj
04-25-2015, 07:56 AM
How come trading Mychel Kendricks is doable but trading Rivers isn't, is Kendricks still on his rookie contract?

Yeah man, it's like us trading Osweiler, Wolfe, and a guy like Nate Irving to move up to the 2nd pick in the draft. Definitely worth it for a franchise QB like Mariota.

Tombstone RJ
04-25-2015, 07:56 AM
I'd be ok with M. Kendricks as a Bronco...

pricejj
04-25-2015, 07:58 AM
Citing sources from 4 NFL teams, Albert Breer tweets that draft prospect Jalen Collins failed "multiple" drug tests (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000488093/article/lsu-cornerback-jalen-collins-failed-multiple-drug-tests-in-college)while at LSU.

Not good. I hope all the CB's and WR's in the world are taken before the Broncos pick.

Tombstone RJ
04-25-2015, 08:06 AM
Regarding the Chargers:

1) The Chargers have a better chance to move to Syria than to Carson. Nothing is getting built on that toxic landfill in an environmental crazy state like California. Kroenke is going to be the one to move and the NFL has said there won't be two stadiums in LA. Kroenke has the money to do it. The Chargers and Raiders combined don't.

2) Rivers has no trade value with only one year left on his contract. And if the Chargers really wanted Mariota, they'd have to do a draft day deal with a new contract for Rivers (they're not going to trade him pre-draft because Tampa Bay could take Mariota). And they're not going to approach Rivers with a trade beforehand in case Tampa does pick Mariota, then you're stuck with a disgruntled Rivers and no quarterback to trade him for.

There's no way that Mariota is taken before Winston. Also, I think SD would be happier with Winston anyway.

LikeABoss5820
04-25-2015, 08:51 AM
Its clear you need a special QB to go anywhere in the post season and Chip thinks he's the guy in this draft. Looks like he's ready to start the rebuild around a guy he trusts rather than having a bunch of talent wallowing in mediocrity. I'm not sure Mariota is the guy but looks like Chip wants to go all in.

Fletcher Cox is the best player on their defense, and a cornerstone type you build around.

Trading him would be beyond stupid.

I like Mariota but not for that much.

LikeABoss5820
04-25-2015, 08:53 AM

Philly has Alonso and Ryans at ILB.

And pretty big difference with ILB's and franchise QB's

Tombstone RJ
04-25-2015, 08:58 AM
Philly has Alonso and Ryans at ILB.

And pretty big difference with ILB's and franchise QB's

The only real difference between trading Rivers and trading MK is that M. Kendricks is on still on his rookie contract so any team that trades for him will be able to franchise tag him if they want to, thus making Kendricks a two year player (if a team doesn't extend him immediately).

Old Dude
04-25-2015, 09:13 AM
Not good. I hope all the CB's and WR's in the world are taken before the Broncos pick.

I expect WRs to come flying off the board in the first round. DBs not so much.

Broncojef
04-25-2015, 09:15 AM
Fletcher Cox is the best player on their defense, and a cornerstone type you build around.

Trading him would be beyond stupid.

I like Mariota but not for that much.

Love Fletcher but high end QBs translate to playoffs and championships these days. DTs don't. Chip is a gambler and it's clear he sees Mariota as that type of guy.

TonyR
04-25-2015, 09:24 AM
Fletcher Cox average DT...

Average?!? Lol!!!

Drunken.Broncoholic2
04-25-2015, 09:25 AM
Love Fletcher but high end QBs translate to playoffs and championships these days. DTs don't. Chip is a gambler and it's clear he sees Mariota as that type of guy.

Yep. They last for years too. A DT after 30 is all of a sudden "washed up" but a franchise QB can go well beyond 30. 6-7 years more.

Fletcher cox is hardly average. Lol but don't see him being as valuable later stages of a career than a QB. One is proven the other not though.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-25-2015, 09:27 AM
Yeah, if chip thinks Mariota is the guy, you do what it takes to get him. DTs don't win championships, QBs do.

You can argue that Mariota will never be the guy, but that's a different story. Fletcher Cox isn't someone you build around

LikeABoss5820
04-25-2015, 09:28 AM
Yeah, if chip thinks Mariota is the guy, you do what it takes to get him. DTs don't win championships, QBs do.

You can argue that Mariota will never be the guy, but that's a different story. Fletcher Cox isn't someone you build around

He absolutely is.

He's one of the best interior DL in football, trading him even for Mariota is stupid.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-25-2015, 09:34 AM
He absolutely is.

He's one of the best interior DL in football, trading him even for Mariota is stupid.

Ask JJ Watt what it's like to have amazing years with no QB. If you think Mariota is the guy to win you championships, you send two fletcher cox's for him

LikeABoss5820
04-25-2015, 09:54 AM
Im not sure about Mariota.

He's good but he wasnt asked to make alot of tough throws and his receivers were open alot.

We'll see soon enough what happens, should be interesting.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
04-25-2015, 10:02 AM
He absolutely is.

And if Mariotta turns into a franchise QB with years of success? People would look back and say not trading Cox was stupid, regardless if Cox has an awesome career or not. Great QBs > Great DTs everyday. Kelly is convinced Mariotta will be a great QB, so I see where their side is coming from regarding a trade. It's a gamble for sure, and I don't think like Kelly does. But that's his guy.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-25-2015, 10:12 AM
Im not sure about Mariota.

He's good but he wasnt asked to make alot of tough throws and his receivers were open alot.

We'll see soon enough what happens, should be interesting.

That's a whole diff argument. I agree with you there

gunns
04-25-2015, 10:26 AM

CB's I don't have a problem with but couldn't agree more with the WR's.

oubronco
04-25-2015, 10:53 AM
Regarding the Chargers:

**** the Chargers

boltaneer
04-25-2015, 10:56 AM
There's no way that Mariota is taken before Winston. Also, I think SD would be happier with Winston anyway.

From everything I've heard, everyone thinks Mariota would be a better fit here.

And yes, I agree Winston is going #1, so it doesn't matter anyway. I think crazy Chip trades up to #2 and takes Mariota.

Old Dude
04-25-2015, 11:01 AM
Not so sure Winston is the unanimous pick over Mariota.

Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel surveyed 19 scouts on the NFL prospects of the draft’s top quarterbacks, and they like Marcus Mariota’s chances to succeed a little better than they like Jameis Winston’s. They peg Winston as being about as likely to wash out as to become a competent NFL quarterback, and a handful of the scouts believe Winston has the potential to become an all-time bust.

Specifics on the poll:

All-time great: Mariota one vote, Winston none.

At least one Pro Bowl: Mariota eight, Winston six.

Average starter: Mariota eight, Winston five.

Disappointment: Mariota one, Winston four.

Bust: Mariota one, Winston four.

More at http://deadspin.com/nfl-exec-drafting-jameis-winston-will-be-a-horrible-m-1700023804

Old Dude
04-25-2015, 11:10 AM
On a related note, Football Outsiders sez there's a 61% chance that Winston will bust against only a 13% chance of being an upper tier QB. They have him rated behind both Mariota and Brett Hundley.

pricejj
04-25-2015, 12:50 PM
Mariota is smart, well composed, super-accurate, tall, and fast as $hit. 42 TD's and 4 INT's as a Senior, with similar numbers the rest of his college career. If the Chargers get him, they'll be really good for a long time. Mariota could compete with the Andrew Luck or Russell Wilson right out the gate.

Winston is just kinda winging it.

peacepipe
04-25-2015, 01:06 PM
Mariota is going to need time to develop he's a 2-3 project.

Ziggy
04-25-2015, 01:08 PM
If Mariota goes to a spread offense like the Eagles, he'll be fine. If he goes to a straight pro-style offense, I think it takes him a year or two to develop.

pricejj
04-25-2015, 01:27 PM
Depends on what team he's playing for. If it was the Chargers, they'd be ready pretty quick. If it's the Buccaneers, he may never have a winning season.

broncosteven
04-25-2015, 02:14 PM
I agree and think Winstons a future bust, buttttttttttttttttttttt

How did the eff did they come up with such specific %s? LMFAO

Analytic's are destroying civilization.

socalorado
04-25-2015, 03:15 PM
From everything I've heard, the sparklers are moving to LA.

:wave:

Jay3
04-25-2015, 03:55 PM
The thing about Winston is he's kind of a soft body, and doesn't really have a cannon for an arm. I think below average arm by NFL standards.

His best thing is that he is decisive in getting rid of the ball. But prone to bad decisions.

He can put it where it wants it pretty well.

He just screams average to me, and when you have questions about his character, those add up to "pass" for the very top of the draft.

Whereas Mariota seems more like a "how good might he be" type. Stats off the chart and that speed.

boltaneer
04-27-2015, 03:17 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/27/rivers-trade-looks-to-be-dead-assuming-it-ever-was-alive

Drunken.Broncoholic2
04-27-2015, 03:29 PM
Not so sure Winston is the unanimous pick over Mariota.

Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel surveyed 19 scouts on the NFL prospects of the draft’s top quarterbacks, and they like Marcus Mariota’s chances to succeed a little better than they like Jameis Winston’s. They peg Winston as being about as likely to wash out as to become a competent NFL quarterback, and a handful of the scouts believe Winston has the potential to become an all-time bust.

Specifics on the poll:

All-time great: Mariota one vote, Winston none.

At least one Pro Bowl: Mariota eight, Winston six.

Average starter: Mariota eight, Winston five.

Disappointment: Mariota one, Winston four.

Bust: Mariota one, Winston four.

More at http://deadspin.com/nfl-exec-drafting-jameis-winston-will-be-a-horrible-m-1700023804

There's another draft that had 2 QBs who people questioned which one. One became a HOFer, the other a bust. Manning and Leaf.

If I had to choose I'm taking Mariota every time.

Requiem
04-27-2015, 03:44 PM
Give me Jameis > Mariota eight days outta the week.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
04-27-2015, 03:54 PM

First 2 letters of that name seals his fate.

elsid13
04-27-2015, 04:14 PM
If Mariota goes to a spread offense like the Eagles, he'll be fine. If he goes to a straight pro-style offense, I think it takes him a year or two to develop.

After watching Mariota on the ESPN special with Gruden and with Much on the NFL Channel, I believe he will do a lot better in pro-style then I original thought. I would love to have him in Denver and Kube's offense.

BroncosfanGuy
04-27-2015, 05:30 PM

in a vacuum where you only get the guy on the field? sure. but I take Mariota over Winston based on the very real off-field and maturity issues.

oubronco
04-27-2015, 05:49 PM
Mariota

SpringStein
04-27-2015, 07:10 PM
Ray continues to slide?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/27/report-shane-ray-cited-for-marijuana-possession/

Enter The Dragon
04-27-2015, 07:18 PM
Mariota is a nice guy. As an NFL QB he is garbage. I'll take Jameis IF he can stay out of trouble.

Tombstone RJ
04-27-2015, 07:37 PM
Ray continues to slide?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/27/report-shane-ray-cited-for-marijuana-possession/

Should the Broncos take Ray if he's there at 28?

errand
04-27-2015, 07:53 PM
Should the Broncos take Ray if he's there at 28?

If he is the best player available I think yes.....not too happy about his being a pot head but you can never have too many pass rushers and while OL might be a greater need, unless one of the top prospects are there at 28, Broncos may very well go bpa, which could mean Ray is selected and Broncos pursue a G or T in 2nd or 3rd

Tombstone RJ
04-27-2015, 08:07 PM
If he is the best player available I think yes.....not too happy about his being a pot head but you can never have too many pass rushers and while OL might be a greater need, unless one of the top prospects are there at 28, Broncos may very well go bpa, which could mean Ray is selected and Broncos pursue a G or T in 2nd or 3rd

Yah, some have him projected as a top 5 pick. If he's sitting there you pretty much have to take him unless another team calls up with crazy good trade offer.

BroncosfanGuy
04-27-2015, 08:11 PM
Mariota is a nice guy. As an NFL QB he is garbage.

this is odd coming from a Tebow guy.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
04-27-2015, 08:14 PM
Not a good idea for Ray to be in Colorado. The dude couldn't even wait till after the draft to light up. No way he lasts in a state where it's legal.

Also, no more players with a ****ed up foot. How many of our players have had feet injuries?

69bronco
04-27-2015, 09:30 PM
Ray would be awesome at 28 but he isn't slipping past the mid teens

Smiling Assassin27
04-28-2015, 10:00 AM
The National Football League’s central office will become a taxable entity, ending its tax-exempt status.

Commissioner Roger Goodell informed team owners and members of Congress of the decision in letters dated Tuesday, saying he was eliminating a “distraction.”

“Every dollar of income generated through television rights fees, licensing agreements, sponsorships, ticket sales, and other means is earned by the 32 clubs and is taxable there,” Goodell wrote. “This will remain the case even when the league office and Management Council file returns as taxable entities, and the change in filing status will make no material difference to our business.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-04-28/nfl-will-end-its-tax-exempt-status-goodell-tells-team-owners

IndelibleScribe
04-28-2015, 10:52 AM
Mariota is a nice guy. As an NFL QB he is garbage. I'll take Jameis IF he can stay out of trouble.

He will be fine as a NFL QB.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-04-28/nfl-will-end-its-tax-exempt-status-goodell-tells-team-owners

Hmm.... There has to be a monetary reason behind this.

SouthStndJunkie
04-28-2015, 10:57 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/28/report-dion-jordan-suspended-for-2015-season/

Report: Dion Jordan to be suspended for the 2015 season

Drunken.Broncoholic2
04-28-2015, 11:00 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/28/report-dion-jordan-suspended-for-2015-season/

What a bust. Randy Gregory can look at his future in 3 years

IndelibleScribe
04-28-2015, 11:07 AM

According to Schefter, Jordan’s positive test stems from a diluted test sample, and he is not appealing the ban.

See.... once I read that right there. RED FLAGS!!!!!

Drunken.Broncoholic2
04-28-2015, 11:44 AM
Peat will be taken by jets with the 6th pick. Mark it down.

ColoradoDarin
04-28-2015, 12:01 PM

And have enough exemptions that the government will pay them money... Goodell ain't a lawyer for nothing!

ShutDownPoster
04-28-2015, 03:40 PM
Not a good idea for Ray to be in Colorado. The dude couldn't even wait till after the draft to light up. No way he lasts in a state where it's legal.

Also, no more players with a ****ed up foot. How many of our players have had feet injuries?

Deck and DT in the same draft class no less.

69bronco
04-28-2015, 05:27 PM
Hmm.... There has to be a monetary reason behind this.

I bet it's because they will no longer need to make their executives salaries public.

TonyR
04-29-2015, 09:49 AM
The Cleveland Browns have discussed trading with the Tennessee Titans to move up to the second spot in the NFL draft so the Browns can take quarterback Marcus Mariota, a source familiar with the discussions said Wednesday.

The Browns, according to the source, made an offer to the Titans that includes the team's two first-round picks -- 12th and 19th overall.http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2015/story/_/id/12786057/cleveland-browns-discussed-trade-tennessee-titans-no-2-pick-nfl-draft

Tombstone RJ
04-29-2015, 09:53 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2015/story/_/id/12786057/cleveland-browns-discussed-trade-tennessee-titans-no-2-pick-nfl-draft

Wow, just wow. How stupid are the Browns? I pity their fan base, I really do.

ColoradoDarin
04-29-2015, 09:59 AM
Brady Quinn, Brandon Weeden, Cocaine Johnny and now Mariota?

They should just draft a QB at every pick and see if they can hit on anything....

BroncoBeavis
04-29-2015, 10:10 AM
I've always wondered if a Top 5 pick picked by the Browns is really worth a Top 5 pick.

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Amazing_dd61ac_920823.jpg

IndelibleScribe
04-29-2015, 10:17 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2015/story/_/id/12786057/cleveland-browns-discussed-trade-tennessee-titans-no-2-pick-nfl-draft

They need a legit WR corp first.

CEH
04-29-2015, 10:20 AM
They said Russell Wilson would have been a top pick if he were 6-4. Well I believe Mariota is a 6'4 version of Russell Wilson as long as they incoprparate some of the offense he ran at Oregon. Wilson is great at running the read option and not taking hits. That will be key. Can Marcus be more Wilson than RGIII .

ColoradoDarin
04-29-2015, 10:22 AM
Brown's Factory of Sadness still producing at an incredible level.

IndelibleScribe
04-29-2015, 11:07 AM
They said Russell Wilson would have been a top pick if he were 6-4. Well I believe Mariota is a 6'4 version of Russell Wilson as long as they incoprparate some of the offense he ran at Oregon. Wilson is great at running the read option and not taking hits. That will be key. Can Marcus be more Wilson than RGIII .

If Wilson was 6-2 he would have been a top 20 pick. If he was 6-4 it would have been a 1-2-3 QB sweep.

Tombstone RJ
04-30-2015, 09:57 AM

Wilson ran a pro style offense, and was the most pro ready QB in that draft. Mariota, not so much.

IndelibleScribe
04-30-2015, 10:05 AM
Wilson ran a pro style offense, and was the most pro ready QB in that draft. Mariota, not so much.

He ran a pure pro style at Wisc but NC St had a multiple look offense with him. He moved around, had called runs and etc.

Old Dude
04-30-2015, 10:35 AM

He'll slip past the mid-teens and then he'll slip through the early 20s and if he's still there at 28, he'll slip through the briars and slip through the brambles and slip through the bushes where a rabbit couldn't go.

ColoradoDarin
04-30-2015, 10:42 AM
Is that code for Dallas?

I thought it was Code for Shotgun Willies...

69bronco
04-30-2015, 10:43 AM
I guess Welker is cleared to play next year.. Hopefully not for Denver.
http://www.9news.com/story/sports/2015/04/30/welker-broncos-concussion/26637883/

Hopefully tommy gets a random piss test Monday too after they trip acid at the derby this weekend.

Old Dude
04-30-2015, 10:51 AM
I thought it was Code for Shotgun Willies...

Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

pricejj
04-30-2015, 11:33 AM
http://www.9news.com/story/sports/2015/04/30/welker-broncos-concussion/26637883/

Hopefully tommy gets a random piss test Monday too after they trip acid at the derby this weekend.

Come to think of it, how the hell did that scumbag not get tested when Welker did? **** you Goodell.

Wes Mantooth
04-30-2015, 12:51 PM

Been thinking a ton about this: I hold Welker responsible not only for our loss on the SuperBowl, but also the Patriots. 0-3

BroncoBeavis
04-30-2015, 01:06 PM
Been thinking a ton about this: I hold Welker responsible not only for our loss on the SuperBowl, but also the Patriots. 0-3

Welker made us lose 43-8?

Wes Mantooth
04-30-2015, 01:41 PM
Welker made us lose 43-8?

Yes. Yes he did. 100%

BroncoBeavis
04-30-2015, 01:46 PM
I actually wouldn't mind seeing Welker back if he ends up going full bargain cave.

BroncosfanGuy
04-30-2015, 01:59 PM

no to both of those. didn't see him as an elite talent before the foot injury and the arrest and still don't. cone drill was bad. 1-year wonder. nah, pass at 28

69bronco
05-03-2015, 08:40 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000490581/article/rams-grant-zac-stacys-request-trade-him-to-jets

St. Louis traded Zac Stacey to the Jets for a 7th, guess it'll be the tre mason and Todd Gurley 2 headed monster for the Rams next season.. scary roster outside of QB.

IndelibleScribe
05-03-2015, 09:02 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000490581/article/rams-grant-zac-stacys-request-trade-him-to-jets

St. Louis traded Zac Stacey to the Jets for a 7th, guess it'll be the tre mason and Todd Gurley 2 headed monster for the Rams next season.. scary roster outside of QB.

The Rams are loaded. They should on paper win multiple super bowls sans their QB.

TonyR
05-04-2015, 12:55 PM
Raiders to release WR James Jones (their leading receiver last season at 73-666) and LB Miles Burris (started all 16 games in 2014 and had 109 tackles).

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12818241/oakland-raiders-release-wide-receiver-james-jones

Requiem
05-04-2015, 01:10 PM
I would gladly take James Jones over Andre Caldwell.

PRBronco
05-04-2015, 01:13 PM
I would gladly take James Jones over Andre Caldwell.

What about Miles Burris? I don't know anything about him.

Requiem
05-04-2015, 01:20 PM
What about Miles Burris? I don't know anything about him.

He had a productive rookie season and third season, I am guessing 2013 was missed mostly due to injury. My guess is Denver likes their ILB corp, but he definitely has some size. Don't know if we would bring him in. I was almost certain we would get an ILB, but the team must like the depth they have (McCray, Barrett, Johnson, Nelson, Barrow, Davis) and willing to bet on their youth and development of younger players they had signed or brought in.

ColoradoDarin
05-04-2015, 01:45 PM
Ndamukong Suh Battles Warren Buffett in Arm Wrestling Match on Live Television:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/n-NWfoVYNe8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

alkemical
05-04-2015, 01:50 PM
Ndamukong Suh Battles Warren Buffett in Arm Wrestling Match on Live Television:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/n-NWfoVYNe8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Is this a metaphor?

ColoradoDarin
05-04-2015, 01:51 PM
Is this a metaphor?

No, it's a video.

alkemical
05-04-2015, 02:07 PM
No, it's a video.

I just saw a rich white dude keeping the black man down.

ColoradoDarin
05-04-2015, 02:32 PM

LOL

I'm just surprised Suh let him win and didn't stomp his leg.

bronco militia
05-04-2015, 04:19 PM
hands up, don't shoot

IndelibleScribe
05-04-2015, 05:16 PM

I see a man smart enough to let Buffett win and then get tips on money afterward. :)

baja
05-04-2015, 06:35 PM
I see a man smart enough to let Buffett win and then get tips on money afterward. :)

Everybody knows the white guy is genetically stronger.

He reminds me of Ed MaCafferty

TonyR
05-05-2015, 07:23 AM
Patriots waive CB Alfonzo Dennard
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12823891/new-england-patriots-release-cb-alfonzo-dennard

Shananahan
05-05-2015, 10:34 PM
Did we talk about this Brockers possibly getting traded from St. Louis thing?

Beantown Bronco
05-06-2015, 11:25 AM
Chip Kelly to the Titans?

http://philadelphia.suntimes.com/philadelphia-eagles/7/96/124641/report-rumbles-eagles-coach-chip-kelly-heading-titans

Drunken.Broncoholic2
05-06-2015, 12:38 PM
McCoy crying about racism with Kelly. Lmao.

IndelibleScribe
05-06-2015, 02:09 PM

http://philadelphia.suntimes.com/philadelphia-eagles/7/96/124641/report-rumbles-eagles-coach-chip-kelly-heading-titans

No way. Mariota is too good for Whisenhunt to get fired.

Beantown Bronco
05-06-2015, 03:04 PM
Can't tell if serious.

IndelibleScribe
05-06-2015, 03:42 PM
Can't tell if serious.

Whisenhunt is a smart enough coach to utilize Mariota's talent. If he indeed does that then there is no way he should be leaving the Titans anytime soon.

Beantown Bronco
05-06-2015, 04:48 PM
Whisenhunt is a smart enough coach to utilize Mariota's talent. If he indeed does that then there is no way he should be leaving the Titans anytime soon.

Plenty of smart coaches fail with young qbs.

IndelibleScribe
05-06-2015, 05:01 PM
Plenty of smart coaches fail with young qbs.

Yes but most fail due to being far too rigid in their beliefs and end up with a square peg in a round hole. Truly smart ones adjust and utilize their personnel.

peacepipe
05-06-2015, 08:02 PM

Assuming mariota is cut out for the NFL. For all anyone knows he could be a bust. Good coach or not.

Tombstone RJ
05-06-2015, 08:57 PM

Doesn't Chipper have a contract with the Eagles?

SouthStndJunkie
05-08-2015, 11:39 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/08/dante-fowler-leaves-jags-practice-on-cart-after-apparent-knee-injury/

Dante Fowler leaves Jags practice on cart after apparent knee injury

Bronc0guy
05-08-2015, 12:32 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/08/dante-fowler-leaves-jags-practice-on-cart-after-apparent-knee-injury/

Dante Fowler leaves Jags practice on cart after apparent knee injury

Classic Jaguars.

oubronco
05-08-2015, 01:27 PM
mark schlereth ‏<S>@</S>markschlereth <SMALL class=time>5m5 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/markschlereth/status/596772021410791424) </SMALL>
Just saw the video of Dante Fowler's knee injury! UGLY I feel terrible for the kid.

oubronco
05-08-2015, 01:29 PM
NFL Network ‏<S>@</S>nflnetwork <SMALL class=time>17m17 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/596769446561124352) </SMALL>
UPDATE: Cell phone footage of Jags DE Dante Fowler's knee injury at minicamp earlier today http://at.nfl.com/5srPbRp (http://t.co/9pWJX0tw5t) pic.twitter.com/dyFbj5MC1l (http://t.co/dyFbj5MC1l)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CEgmpi0UEAAr_dv.png

He's done
(https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/596769446561124352/photo/1)

Kaylore
05-08-2015, 01:34 PM
Jeez. God hates the Jags. Just not when they play the Broncos.

ColoradoDarin
05-08-2015, 01:40 PM
Damn, that knee is done.

ColoradoDarin
05-08-2015, 01:41 PM
Jeez. God hates the Jags. Just not when they play the Broncos.

Little known Tebow effect (Alualu effect?).

ludo21
05-08-2015, 02:27 PM
Ugghh that is awful :(

Poor Fowler and wth, the Jags cannot catch a break!

Gutless Drunk
05-08-2015, 02:32 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jaguars' 1st-round pick Dante Fowler tore his ACL and is out for the season, league source tells ESPN. Just wow.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/596789537621278720">May 8, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BroncoBeavis
05-08-2015, 02:39 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jaguars' 1st-round pick Dante Fowler tore his ACL and is out for the season, league source tells ESPN. Just wow.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/596789537621278720">May 8, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Awful.

Br0nc0Buster
05-08-2015, 02:40 PM
In a twisted way I find this mildly amusing

It is destiny that the Jaguars will be bad
Of course the top pick for a team that is bad every year is done

I mean just, lol

socalorado
05-08-2015, 02:47 PM
Damn, that knee is done.

That was ugly.

Old Dude
05-08-2015, 02:49 PM
... the Jags cannot catch a break!

Nah. They'll be fine. Don't forget they got Julius Thomas!

DrOrangeLove
05-08-2015, 02:52 PM
In a twisted way I find this mildly amusing

It is destiny that the Jaguars will be bad
Of course the top pick for a team that is bad every year is done

I mean just, lol

:~ohyah!:

ColoradoBuff
05-08-2015, 02:56 PM
should have taken Scherff! : )

joking

69bronco
05-08-2015, 03:16 PM
damn, and so it begins for 2015.

IndelibleScribe
05-08-2015, 04:10 PM
NFL Network ‏<S>@</S>nflnetwork <SMALL class=time>17m17 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/596769446561124352) </SMALL>
UPDATE: Cell phone footage of Jags DE Dante Fowler's knee injury at minicamp earlier today http://at.nfl.com/5srPbRp (http://t.co/9pWJX0tw5t) pic.twitter.com/dyFbj5MC1l (http://t.co/dyFbj5MC1l)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CEgmpi0UEAAr_dv.png

He's done
(https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/596769446561124352/photo/1)

I am fairly good at dealing with pain. But I will freely admit. I would have been screaming like a little bitch with that injury.
It hurts just watching.

Wes Mantooth
05-08-2015, 05:20 PM
I am fairly good at dealing with pain. But I will freely admit. I would have been screaming like a little b**** with that injury.
It hurts just watching.

Little known Julius Thomas effect.

IndelibleScribe
05-08-2015, 05:23 PM

ROFL!

Arkie
05-08-2015, 05:27 PM
Tough break. Fowler didn't miss a game in college.

gunns
05-08-2015, 06:11 PM
I really feel bad for Fowler. I thought he might be DROY. But I don't feel bad for the snake bit Jags. That's what they get for 1/4/97.

Bronc0guy
05-08-2015, 06:33 PM

You're a ****ty reporter, number 2 in the San Diego ratings, but this was good.

Bronc0guy
05-08-2015, 06:34 PM
Tough break. Fowler didn't miss a game in college.

Pun intended

Wes Mantooth
05-08-2015, 07:27 PM
You're a ****ty reporter, number 2 in the San Diego ratings, but this was good.

Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!!!! Aghhhhhh

SouthStndJunkie
05-11-2015, 07:10 AM
Former Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis has agreed to a one-year deal with the New England Patriots, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. Fred Davis has not played in the NFL since the 2013 season due to a suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

Davis joined the Patriots on Monday, four days after being reinstated by the NFL from an indefinite suspension for a second violation of the league's substance abuse policy.

Beantown Bronco
05-11-2015, 07:28 AM
Fred Davis also has DUIs on his record, and is required by law to stay away from his ex-girlfriend due to a domestic abuse incident.

So much for the Pats being all about the image after the Hernandez fiasco.

Br0nc0Buster
05-11-2015, 07:45 AM
So lets see he has:

1. Been suspended for violating league rules repeatedly
2. Is generally just a piece of **** as a person

Yep he fits the "Patriot Way" just fine

ludo21
05-11-2015, 01:20 PM
Bing is reporting that Gov.Christie spent 82k on food at the NFL concession stands ..Guess it did pay off for him sucking up to Obama..at least a pay off to his gut..

http://deadspin.com/chris-christie-used-tax-dollars-to-buy-so-much-damn-foo-1703619147

holy cow!

Christie’s most notable spending spree occurred during the 2010 and 2011 NFL football seasons at MetLife Stadium, where the New York’s Giants and Jets play their home games. New Jersey’s governor traditionally enjoys free use of luxury boxes for games and other events at the government-owned venue, but food and beverages cost extra.

On 58 occasions, Christie used a debit card to pay a total of $82,594 to Delaware North Sportservice, which operates the concessions at MetLife. The governor’s office did not provide any receipts, business reasons or names of individuals entertained, but defended the expense.

ColoradoDarin
05-11-2015, 01:57 PM
http://deadspin.com/chris-christie-used-tax-dollars-to-buy-so-much-damn-foo-1703619147

holy cow!

Christie’s most notable spending spree occurred during the 2010 and 2011 NFL football seasons at MetLife Stadium, where the New York’s Giants and Jets play their home games. New Jersey’s governor traditionally enjoys free use of luxury boxes for games and other events at the government-owned venue, but food and beverages cost extra.

On 58 occasions, Christie used a debit card to pay a total of $82,594 to Delaware North Sportservice, which operates the concessions at MetLife. The governor’s office did not provide any receipts, business reasons or names of individuals entertained, but defended the expense.

$82K/58 = $1425 per transaction (roughly) or $2580 per game (32 home games between Jets & Giants)

That's like one beer a game!

Seriously, it doesn't seem all that outrageous given that it's outrageous that the government gets a free box at the stadium already. I mean, it's a waste of taxpayer money for sure, but how much went to his security detail? Was he doing state "business" (hey Mr CEO of company we're trying to lure to NJ, let me take you to a football game!) corrupt suckweasel stuff? The details would be boring probably.

Old Dude
05-11-2015, 01:58 PM
Boardwalk Empire, man. Boardwalk Empire.

delany
05-11-2015, 06:20 PM
The Houston Texans have put safety D.J. Swearinger on waivers.

http://www.khou.com/story/sports/nfl/texans/2015/05/11/texans-safety-swearinger-posts-on-instagram-that-hes-leaving-team/27108203/

Little known Peyton Manning effect.

IndelibleScribe
05-11-2015, 10:41 PM
The Houston Texans have put safety D.J. Swearinger on waivers.

http://www.khou.com/story/sports/nfl/texans/2015/05/11/texans-safety-swearinger-posts-on-instagram-that-hes-leaving-team/27108203/

Little known Peyton Manning effect.

A 2nd round pick gone before 3 seasons with the team? Damn. That was like when the Bears cut their 3rd round pick before the final roster cut down years ago.

oubronco
05-12-2015, 01:28 PM
ProFootballTalk ‏<S>@</S>ProFootballTalk <SMALL class=time>25s25 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/598222898755698689) </SMALL>
League finds Dolphins didn't tamper before signing Ndamukong Suh http://wp.me/p14QSB-9LRp (http://t.co/KdXgyh00yV)

IndelibleScribe
05-12-2015, 01:35 PM
ProFootballTalk ‏<S>@</S>ProFootballTalk <SMALL class=time>25s25 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/598222898755698689) </SMALL>
League finds Dolphins didn't tamper before signing Ndamukong Suh http://wp.me/p14QSB-9LRp (http://t.co/KdXgyh00yV)

There goes the Patriots hope of someone eclipsing their stain upon the league.

oubronco
05-12-2015, 01:42 PM
ProFootballTalk ‏<S>@</S>ProFootballTalk <SMALL class=time>37s37 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/598226583497867265) </SMALL>
Dadgum: Bobby Bowden says Jameis Winston was an "embarrassment" to Florida State http://wp.me/p14QSB-9LRw (http://wp.me/p14QSB-9LRw)

LOL

IndelibleScribe
05-12-2015, 02:03 PM
ProFootballTalk ‏<S>@</S>ProFootballTalk <SMALL class=time>37s37 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/598226583497867265) </SMALL>
Dadgum: Bobby Bowden says Jameis Winston was an "embarrassment" to Florida State http://wp.me/p14QSB-9LRw (http://wp.me/p14QSB-9LRw)

LOL

Hmm... Bowden had some doozies when he coached at FSU. Not sure he should be crying about Jameis.

oubronco
05-12-2015, 02:25 PM
Broncos Claim Marcel Jensen (http://www.profootballrumors.com/broncos-marcel-jensen/)

May 12th, 2015 at 4:23pm CST by Zach Links
The Broncos have been awarded tight end Marcel Jensen (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JensMa01.htm?utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-pfr.traderumors.com) off waivers from the Jaguars, a source tells Mike Klis of 9News (via Twitter (https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/598234510539522048)). Denver has been on the lookout for a tight end after rookie tight end Jeff Heuerman tore his ACL, ruling him out for the season.

cmhargrove
05-12-2015, 02:35 PM
Broncos Claim Marcel Jensen (http://www.profootballrumors.com/broncos-marcel-jensen/)

May 12th, 2015 at 4:23pm CST by Zach Links
The Broncos have been awarded tight end Marcel Jensen (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JensMa01.htm?utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-pfr.traderumors.com) off waivers from the Jaguars, a source tells Mike Klis of 9News (via Twitter (https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/598234510539522048)). Denver has been on the lookout for a tight end after rookie tight end Jeff Heuerman tore his ACL, ruling him out for the season.

:Elway:

ColoradoDarin
05-12-2015, 02:57 PM
So we basically traded TEs with the Jags?

cousinal11
05-13-2015, 05:50 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/13/broncos-claim-solomon-patton-off-waivers/

Broncos claim Solomon Patton off waivers.

PRBronco
05-13-2015, 08:23 AM

More like a revenge signing. An eye for a...grape.

IndelibleScribe
05-13-2015, 01:00 PM

They got a weapon who is also a soft bitch at times. We got a comp pick and a camp fodder waiver pick up.

LRtagger
05-13-2015, 01:56 PM
Mercedes Lewis would have been better

BroncosfanGuy
05-13-2015, 01:57 PM

so would Jason Witten

IndelibleScribe
05-13-2015, 02:04 PM

Don't think they want to trade him though.

gunns
05-13-2015, 07:22 PM
Hmm... Bowden had some doozies when he coached at FSU. Not sure he should be crying about Jameis.

I don't think he was crying, sounded like fact to me.

IndelibleScribe
05-13-2015, 07:28 PM
I don't think he was crying, sounded like fact to me.

I agree that Jameis has been a stain on FSU. But Bowden had more than his fair share of knuckleheads while coach at FSU.

TonyR
05-14-2015, 09:03 AM
The Baltimore Ravens reached a three-year agreement with cornerback Kyle Arrington on Wednesday night.

The deal, which is pending a physical, is worth $7 million over three years with a $2 million signing bonus, a league source tells ESPN's Adam Caplan.

The Ravens addressed their biggest need with the best free-agent cornerback available. Arrington became the Ravens' top target after he was surprisingly released by the New England Patriots on Monday.http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12881574/baltimore-ravens-agree-three-year-deal-former-new-england-patriots-cb-kyle-arrington

TonyR
05-14-2015, 09:04 AM
Seattle Seahawks outside linebacker Bruce Irvin says he will be playing for the Atlanta Falcons in 2016.

"I'm going to be in Atlanta next season," Irvin told BlackSportsOnline.com while attending the Eastern Conference semifinals in Atlanta on Wednesday night. "I'm ready."
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12885252/seattle-seahawks-lb-bruce-irvin-says-playing-atlanta-falcons-2016

oubronco
05-14-2015, 09:09 AM
Mike Klis ‏<S>@</S>MikeKlis <SMALL class=time>28s28 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/598882609377054721) </SMALL>
Former Broncos scout Lenny McGill hired by Dolphins http://on9news.tv/1Hjhlf9 (http://t.co/UmbjZkSKhL) via <S>@</S>9News (https://twitter.com/9NEWS)

69bronco
05-14-2015, 10:13 AM
9ers will join the Broncos for joint training camp practices this year.

PRBronco
05-14-2015, 10:28 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12885252/seattle-seahawks-lb-bruce-irvin-says-playing-atlanta-falcons-2016

Wow, somewhere his agent just knocked himself out with an epic facepalm. Also is that a skin colour based sports website? O.o

broncocalijohn
05-14-2015, 11:23 AM

A Mercedes Benz might have been better.

oubronco
05-14-2015, 12:38 PM
Russell Wilson keeps subtweeting the Seahawks

Last week, Ryan Glasspiegel of TheBigLead.com asked whether Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7460/russell-wilson) has developed a habit of subtweeting management (http://thebiglead.com/2015/05/05/is-russell-wilson-sub-tweeting-seahawks-brass-or-is-he-just-weird/) in connection with his contract talks. Here’s the tweet that sparked that hypothesis: “Just bc some people want you to slow down & not dream big doesn’t mean u should decrease ur Volume & Relentless Ambition.”

Here’s Wilson’s latest, from earlier today: “Always control what you can control. Never let others nonsense & lack of gratefulness & respect (https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/598913500757364736) bring you down. #BestIsAhead.”

It’s hard not to wonder whether this relates to Wilson’s slowly ongoing negotiations with the Seahawks, especially since his first apparent subtweet came just after coach Pete Carroll told ESPN that the ball is in Wilson’s court (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/03/carroll-says-ball-currently-is-in-wilsons-court/): “I’d rather patiently wait & see what God has in store than do something that isn’t best for my life (https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/594597035149398016).”

http://t.co/yUpqEBLy14

bpc
05-14-2015, 12:47 PM
Wilson is starting to use the media like RG3. Backlash coming. Just be a man and go about your work until you're a FA. Simple as that.

broncosteven
05-14-2015, 01:04 PM
Wilson is starting to use the media like RG3. Backlash coming. Just be a man and go about your work until you're a FA. Simple as that.

I hope this is a sign of implosion, they have been way too lucky for way too long.

bronco militia
05-14-2015, 02:07 PM
WTF is a subtweet?

alkemical
05-14-2015, 03:13 PM
WTF is a subtweet?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Subtweet

A tweet (message posted on the website Twitter) that mentions a Twitter member without using their actual username. Usually employed for negative or insulting tweets; the person you're mentioning won't see the subtweet in their Twitter timeline as it doesn't contain the @ symbol that every Twitter username has.
Someone wants to criticize a person with the username @JohnDoe on Twitter but without that person seeing the tweet in their Twitter timeline. Instead of tweeting "I think @JohnDoe is an idiot" they would subtweet "I think JohnDoe is an idiot" or "I think John Doe is an idiot". In each case the @ symbol is missing so the tweet would not appear in @JohnDoe 's Twitter timeline.

IndelibleScribe
05-14-2015, 03:17 PM
WTF is a subtweet?

Similar to this. I think that poster with Manning and Elway as his avatar has a severe lack of twitter knowledge.
I just named you, without directly naming you.

No, I didn't mean that post to sound mean or anything. Just using you as a example. Especially since I do not use social media.

bowtown
05-14-2015, 03:25 PM
9ers will join the Broncos for joint training camp practices this year.

Aldon, Von and Ray are going to have the best time.

IndelibleScribe
05-14-2015, 04:06 PM
Aldon, Von and Ray are going to have the best time.

A ton of smoke but no actual fire. This cannot end well.

DENVERDUI55
05-14-2015, 04:31 PM

Who says they want him? He hasn't been that great of a player despite being drafted pretty high in the draft.

IndelibleScribe
05-14-2015, 04:43 PM
Who says they want him? He hasn't been that great of a player despite being drafted pretty high in the draft.

Supposedly Quinn is a big fan of his and the Falcons D is still porous despite the additions this off-season.