PDA

View Full Version : Around The NFL:

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76

ColoradoDarin
03-25-2015, 12:51 PM
$4m/year? Come on Elway, sign him up!

ColoradoDarin
03-25-2015, 12:51 PM
Ugh... I had that same surgery and it took me the better part of a year to recover properly.

So he should be good to go by the opener.

RepentWalpurgis
03-25-2015, 12:59 PM
I most pose this question. If my username were MonkeyButt, would I then be expected to be a literal monkey derriere?

Yes. Like an orangutan.

Beantown Bronco
03-25-2015, 01:04 PM
Wiz had a much better team, Im sure.

Oakland? Maybe not.

oubronco
03-25-2015, 01:06 PM
Sign him to a performance based deal and let's rock and roll

TonyR
03-25-2015, 01:20 PM
No wonder he's not been signed yet. ...

Now if we can just get an explation on Chris Myers...

underrated29
03-25-2015, 01:21 PM
I'm sure. My doctor ****ed up pretty hard and kept me in an immobilizer for 6 weeks before starting physical therapy, so the majority of my issue was my shoulder locking... which is remarkably painful to get past.

Wiz had a much better team, Im sure.

Dude. How weird- same for me too. Im recovering right now. Not sure if you remember, I asked you about it at BF a while ago. I didnt know that the docs **** up like this though. I too was in the sling for 6 weeks no matter what and my shoulder is being a total bastard trying to rehab. Also working against me is the fact that mine had been torn for almost a decade and the muscles that I stopped using because of the pain are practically non existent now. Which only adds time to recovery and my inability to get ROM

BroncoBeavis
03-25-2015, 02:08 PM
When I was finally able to get back in the gym, I did a lot of German Volume Training to keep the weight lower.

I was talked into that one time in the pen. I think it was the step right before the Kenyan Volume Training, if I remember right.

underrated29
03-25-2015, 03:12 PM
Ugh. I know that feeling. I dealt with mine for almost two years before finally getting the surgery so a pretty identical situation.

How long has it been? Try to get a lot of rear delt work to pull your shoulders back.

I don't envy the point you're at, but if you put the work in, you'll be alright. Here, this is from the Jax River Run a week and a half ago... This is where I'm at a little under two years after the surgery and 6 months of atrophy:

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/thereverend316/Riverrun4_zpsroad2ank.png

When I was finally able to get back in the gym, I did a lot of German Volume Training to keep the weight lower. It wasn't pleasant but it works.

PM me if you need help with anything.

Thanks man. Ill be at 5 months april 11th. Im still at the Can of soup weight for lifting/stretching. I have a hockey tournament in Vegas May 1-3 that I am shooting to play in but as of now it looks like a fantasy. I will keep in mind the deltoids work. I have not been doing much of that yet at all.

My main concern for now was to get my cardio back (which completely blows- 5 min and im done!- and my ROM)..Ive got an old stick I cut down in legnth so I wont hit walls or jam my shoulder and I try to do a little light stick handling/movement when I am not beat up from the stretches. Just a slow miserable process, but at least I can wipe my ass with the correct hand, as well as other things when the girlfriend is not around :wiggle:

Enter The Dragon
03-25-2015, 03:44 PM
Thats what i thought!!

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=12556985

Drunken.Broncoholic2
03-25-2015, 07:59 PM
so what punishment will Falcons get for pumping in fake crowd noise at home?

IndelibleScribe
03-25-2015, 08:01 PM
A big fine and a suspension. The Browns will likely get a fine, stripped of a pick and a suspension.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
03-25-2015, 08:05 PM
A big fine and a suspension. The Browns will likely get a fine, stripped of a pick and a suspension.

Pretty bad they tried these shenanigans and still sucked.

IndelibleScribe
03-25-2015, 08:21 PM
Pretty bad they tried these shenanigans and still sucked.

Falcons have no D. They sold the farm to surround Matty Ice with offensive talent. They have some pieces to work with but their drafting has been suspect.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
03-25-2015, 08:49 PM
Falcons have no D. They sold the farm to surround Matty Ice with offensive talent. They have some pieces to work with but their drafting has been suspect.

Not that long ago Dimitroff was a hot name in the GM game..not so much right now.

IndelibleScribe
03-25-2015, 08:50 PM
Not that long ago Dimitroff was a hot name in the GM game..not so much right now.

He's a good GM. He just got too one sided in his approach.

underrated29
03-25-2015, 09:07 PM
Did you see an actual physical therapist?

Once a week I do. But it's all pretty new. I think they've scheduled 5 so far. I have another one next week. I've been making good progress. 10-14 degrees each week. Made a big jump one week but accidentally reached for something that I dropped off a high shelf and pissed my shoulder off.....couldn't move it for **** the next few days.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
03-25-2015, 09:23 PM
Why water down a good thing? I think the playoff format is fine the way it is. It brings more value and importance to regular season games. Goodell is a joke.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/25/nfl-still-has-issues-to-iron-out-before-expanding-playoffs/

IndelibleScribe
03-25-2015, 09:26 PM
Why water down a good thing? I think the playoff format is fine the way it is. It brings more value and importance to regular season games. Goodell is a joke.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/25/nfl-still-has-issues-to-iron-out-before-expanding-playoffs/

Increases the pie and gets them closer to a 18 game season.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
03-25-2015, 09:35 PM
Increases the pie and gets them closer to a 18 game season.

Ya I'm no fan of 18 games. Anything to get that extra money. They want more money bring the ticket to Comcast

Shattuck
03-25-2015, 09:52 PM
This is probably a shock to no one.

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/curran-nfl-taking-aim-all-things-patriots?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

pricejj
03-25-2015, 10:19 PM
Cheatriots ruled illegal plays to come back against the Ravens. Whatever happened to Deflategate? 2 months later.

BroncosfanGuy
03-25-2015, 10:23 PM
Whatever happened to Deflategate?

changed its hinges and put a new latch on it

Targaryen
03-25-2015, 10:37 PM
Cheatriots ruled illegal plays to come back against the Ravens. Whatever happened to Deflategate? 2 months later.

How were they illegal plays? Are you serious?

Anyway, the last I heard, it was an NFL employee who stole the game balls to sell on the black market. The balls were then hastily replaced by the referees when the previous game balls were missing. Those balls were then, as everyone knows, replaced again at halftime.

No PSI records of the balls existed previous to the game.

In other words…. another completely fake scandal that the media successfully blew up into a massive thing for the dumb ass Murican public.

pricejj
03-25-2015, 11:40 PM
How were they illegal plays? Are you serious?

1. The refs got it wrong, so the rules committee made it explicit going forward. No more illegal formations, or illegal substitutions for the cheaters. Read the news reports.
2. If you would crawl out of Bellicheat's ass long enough to sniff fresh air, you would know that the Colts game is not the only game that the Cheatriots deflated balls.

Targaryen
03-26-2015, 08:49 AM
1. The refs got it wrong, so the rules committee made it explicit going forward. No more illegal formations, or illegal substitutions for the cheaters. Read the news reports.
2. If you would crawl out of Bellicheat's ass long enough to sniff fresh air, you would know that the Colts game is not the only game that the Cheatriots deflated balls.

lol

Ok.

While you're just making things up, may as well saddle Belichick with the JFK assassination too.

Kaylore
03-26-2015, 08:56 AM
so what punishment will Falcons get for pumping in fake crowd noise at home?

I can't believe I missed this.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/2/3/7973091/falcons-owner-arthur-blank-fake-crowd-noise-investigation

Shananahan
03-26-2015, 09:00 AM
This is probably a shock to no one.

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/curran-nfl-taking-aim-all-things-patriots?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo
I hate that they are changing the rule as a response to that game. I see nothing wrong with what New England did against Baltimore.

BroncoBeavis
03-26-2015, 09:46 AM
I hate that they are changing the rule as a response to that game. I see nothing wrong with what New England did against Baltimore.

I thought it was pure cheese myself.

The league doesn't like substitution deception as part of a game plan. Which is why such a production is normally made about ineligible to eligible player substitutions. This is basically an on-field form of deceptive substitution.

Targaryen
03-26-2015, 11:32 AM
I thought it was pure cheese myself.

The league doesn't like substitution deception as part of a game plan. Which is why such a production is normally made about ineligible to eligible player substitutions. This is basically an on-field form of deceptive substitution.

Why not make fake punts, fake field goals, and the wildcat illegal while we're at it?

And speaking of the wildcat, this really demonstrates the difference between Belichick and the whiners in the league who cry foul every time the Patriots blink.

Miami unleashed the wildcat against New England when it was new and throttled New England in a huge upset about 8 years ago. The Jets ran something similar in 2007, and Belichick told Mangini afterwards during the handshake, "That was awesome, Eric."

He didn't go whining to the media and to the competition committee.

Football is formations battling each other in a physical game of strategy.

Should wide receivers not be allowed to throw touchdown passes?

Should quarterbacks not be allowed to catch fake field goals in the end zone?

Nobody cared about these formations until the Patriots unleashed them a few times in the playoffs. Then all of a sudden the media labelled them "unethical", and like a legion of parrots, the people started repeating it.

No Fun League.

BroncoBeavis
03-26-2015, 11:40 AM
Sorry, we're not just talking about formation and personnel here.

We're talking multidirectional conversations with officials saying "I'm eligible this play. No, now I am! No, me me!" where suddenly the success of the play is more about how well the officials communicate the changes to the defense and how much time they allow the defense to respond than it is about winning player matchups.

That kind of crap is a useless distraction, and one apparently at least 75% of the league wants no part of. Although that's probably being conservative. Wouldn't be surprising if 31 out of 32 teams had an issue with it.

pricejj
03-26-2015, 11:47 AM

Here you go hosemaster:

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=12556985&src=desktop

Targaryen
03-26-2015, 11:48 AM
Sorry, we're not just talking about formation and personnel here.

We're talking multidirectional conversations with officials saying "I'm eligible this play. No, now I am! No, me me!" where suddenly the success of the play is more about how well the officials communicate the changes to the defense and how much time they allow the defense to respond than it is about winning player matchups.

That kind of crap is a useless distraction, and one apparently at least 75% of the league wants no part of.

So maybe we should get rid of the hurry up offense, too.

After all, it just seems unfair that a defense couldn't be absolutely set, substituted and ready for every play.

You're also exaggerating it. The officials told Baltimore, "He's not eligible. Don't cover him. Number such and such is now eligible."

Once again, this is college football stuff, but apparently it's too much for NFL defenses to grasp. Once again, nobody cared when other NFL teams did it, but when the Patriots did, it became some sort of media-created scandal.

When the Giants were fielding 12 men on the field for the last minute of the 2011 Superbowl, eating the penalties to kill the clock with a stouter passing defense, where were the "unethical" cries? That isn't even LEGAL, where as the Patriot formations were well within the rules.

I imagine if the Patriots did it, it would of been called "cheating" and continue to be talked about to this day as reason why their Superbowl win was "tarnished"

pricejj
03-26-2015, 11:51 AM
Just like the tuck rule.

Targaryen
03-26-2015, 11:53 AM
Just like the tuck rule.

Yeah, just like that rule that was called many times before and after. Just like that rule that was actually called AGAINST the Patriots favor earlier IN that very 2001 season.

But the media only mentions it in one game, so the brilliant masses only know it for one game.

I guess if I want your opinion on something, I'll just watch TV the night before.

Targaryen
03-26-2015, 11:55 AM
No Fun League

underrated29
03-26-2015, 11:55 AM
Or maybe the pats should just stop cheating. How about we get rid of that instead? Only one team seems to be doing it year after year anyway.

Targaryen
03-26-2015, 12:00 PM
Or maybe the pats should just stop cheating. How about we get rid of that instead? Only one team seems to be doing it year after year anyway.

I guess you actually believe this.

It's ironic, hypocritical, and just plain dumb, but I know the scandal-hungry society i'm living in, so I can't really say that I'm overly shocked.

Of course, I also know it has much less to do with any actual conviction the Patriots cheat, and much more to do with the fact that you despise the fact that they've been so freaking good, for so freaking long.

pricejj
03-26-2015, 12:04 PM
Scream louder Cheater apologist. No one will care.

Targaryen
03-26-2015, 12:06 PM
Scream louder Cheater apologist. No one will care.

k, but you have no credibility when you call the Patriots cheaters.
I'm sorry true American geniuses like Warren Sapp and Jerome Bettis on ESPN are enough to convince you that a 4 time world champion dynasty achieved its success through balls being .2 under regulation for 2 quarters of one game.

pricejj
03-26-2015, 12:14 PM
Sorry, I don't have cable. Try again.

Somewhere in the world you will find someone who loves cheating teams like you do. But it won't be here.

mwill07
03-26-2015, 12:26 PM
Much like the raiders used to, the Patriots cheat on every play. It's just a matter if they get caught or not.

baja
03-26-2015, 12:28 PM
No Fun League

May I ask just what do you hope to accomplish by posting here?

ColoradoDarin
03-26-2015, 12:32 PM

It's probably ATL-Eric/Oranges

Targaryen
03-26-2015, 12:32 PM

I didn't know people accomplished things by posting on a football forum. I guess a PHD in astro-biology. What about you?

baja
03-26-2015, 12:37 PM
I didn't know people accomplished things by posting on a football forum. I guess a PHD in astro-biology. What about you?

I am here to share thoughts and concerns with other fans of my favorite team.

I think the Patriots under Belichick are sleazy cheats no better that the lawyers who angle to beat the sprit of the law for personal gain and no amount of your pandering will change my mind.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-26-2015, 12:39 PM
It's probably ATL-Eric/Oranges

He's way too articulate to be ATL-Eric or Oranges.

Targaryen
03-26-2015, 12:44 PM
I am here to share thoughts and concerns with other fans of my favorite team.

I think the Patriots under Belichick are sleazy cheats no better that the lawyers who angle to beat the sprit of the law for personal gain and no amount of your pandering will change my mind.

Okay, that's fine, you hate the Patriots, but it isn't like that's an opinion that reflects reality.

The Patriots and Patriot fans are guilty of supreme arrogance and excessive amounts of pride. Their dynasty arose parallel with the rise of the internet, and so Patriot fans trolled and talked ridiculous amounts of **** to everybody all over the country, for years and years and years and years.

That's what they're guilty of.

Calling them cheaters is your revenge. I get it.

But it isn't based on anything real.

Agamemnon
03-26-2015, 12:46 PM
Okay, that's fine, you hate the Patriots, but it isn't like that's an opinion that reflects reality.

The Patriots and Patriot fans are guilty of supreme arrogance and excessive amounts of pride. Their dynasty arose parallel with the rise of the internet, and so Patriot fans trolled and talked ridiculous amounts of **** to everybody all over the country, for years and years and years and years.

Dude, they're cheaters. Stop living in denial.

pricejj
03-26-2015, 12:49 PM
That's what you don't get. The Patriots are convicted serial cheaters, and they just got caught again.

No one here cares about them or pro-cheater trolls like you.

pricejj
03-26-2015, 12:50 PM
His entire self-worth is based in denial.

baja
03-26-2015, 12:50 PM

I don't hate the Patriots, that would be silly.

I suppose that loss of a first round pick was part of my fantasy?

Targaryen
03-26-2015, 12:55 PM
Dude, they're cheaters. Stop living in denial.

If teams want to videotape defensive signals, they have to do it from the press-box. A memo went out in 2007 saying teams could no longer do it from the sidelines. So Belichick, in his arrogance and disdain for league stupidity, thumbed his nose at the NFL and continued to do it until week #2 from the sideline.

We paid a heavy price for it. Big freaking deal.

These are signals in full view of 80,000 fans and everybody in the entire stadium. Teams changed their signals every single quarter of play.

Jimmy Johnson has admitted that his Cowboys did the same exact thing, with videotape and all. He said he learned it in Kansas City and the man who taught him how to do it the most effectively went to Indianapolis.

That's three teams implicated in the very same practice, including the most successful dynasty of the 1990's.

Funny how you never call the Cowboys cheaters, or say Jimmy Johnson should be banned from the NFL Hall of Fame, or claim all of Emmit's records come with an asterisk. No nicknames for "Shady" Troy Aikman.

None of it. Zero consistency.

The ratings hungry world of sports-media slapped a buzzword, "Spygate," on a universally used practice, and now the Patriots are diabolical.

It's a bunch of garbage.

Punisher
03-26-2015, 12:57 PM
Ya I'm no fan of 18 games. Anything to get that extra money. They want more money bring the ticket to Comcast

Very Much agree Goodell is a joke

Targaryen
03-26-2015, 12:58 PM
I don't hate the Patriots, that would be silly.

I suppose that loss of a first round pick was part of my fantasy?

The Broncos lost a third round pick and were fined 2 million dollars for bypassing the salary cap rules for your two Lombardi trophies, paying people at later times in interest and other highly illegal things. This penalty, the stiffest in league history, came from an NFL commissioner with 10 times the credibility of Roger Goodell.

Somehow I doubt you will consider that cheating.

Let me guess: The NFL fined you two million bucks and docked you a draft pick because you were remodeling your parking lot.

I'm sure when Denver v New England week comes up, none of you are concerned about Brady's playmaking, or Belichick's game planning.

Your only concern is whether or not we'll be allowed to cheat in some dastardly way.

ColoradoDarin
03-26-2015, 12:58 PM
If teams want to videotape defensive signals, they have to do it from the press-box. A memo went out in 2007 saying teams could no longer do it from the sidelines. So Belichick, in his arrogance and disdain for league stupidity, thumbed his nose at the NFL and continued to do it until week #2 from the sideline.

These are signals in full view of 80,000 fans and everybody in the entire stadium. Teams changed their signals every single quarter of play.

Jimmy Johnson has admitted that his Cowboys did the same exact thing, with videotape and all. He said he learned it in Kansas City and the man who taught him how to do it the most effectively went to Indianapolis.

That's three teams implicated in the very same practice, including the most successful dynasty of the 1990's.

Funny how you never call the Cowboys cheaters, or say Jimmy Johnson should be banned from the NFL Hall of Fame, or claim all of Emmit's records come with an asterisk. No nicknames for "Shady" Troy Aikman.

The ratings hungry world of sports-media slapped a buzzword, "Spygate," on a universally used practice, and now the Patriots are diabolical.

It's a bunch of garbage.

Oh, you're a Patriots* fan....

pricejj
03-26-2015, 01:00 PM
I think this loser got banned from the DB forum, and that's why he's here. Just a traveling cheater apologist troll.

Mods could save everyone lots of time and end this quick.

ColoradoDarin
03-26-2015, 01:00 PM
The Broncos lost a third round pick and were fined 2 million dollars for bypassing the salary cap rules for your two Lombardi trophies, paying people at later times in interest and other highly illegal things. This penalty, the stiffest in league history, came from an NFL commissioner with 10 times the credibility of Roger Goodell.

Let me guess: The NFL fined you two million bucks and docked you a draft pick because you were remodeling your parking lot.

I'm sure when Denver v New England week comes up, none of you are concerned about Brady's playmaking, or Belichick's game planning.

Your only concern is whether or not we'll be allowed to cheat in some dastardly way.

We did no such thing. Deferred payments yes (not made illegal until after) because of cash flow for the new stadium, but the cap number was not affected at all.

baja
03-26-2015, 01:03 PM

I never said the Broncos did not cheat, I thought we were talking about the Patriots?

DENVERDUI55
03-26-2015, 01:04 PM
We did no such thing. Deferred payments yes (not made illegal until after) because of cash flow for the new stadium, but the cap number was not affected at all.

That is kind of what the formation deal is now too. It was legal but now it isn't.

ColoradoDarin
03-26-2015, 01:05 PM
Funny how Patriot* fans are so self-conscious.

oubronco
03-26-2015, 01:05 PM
Who gives a shyt about the fuggin Patriots **** them

ColoradoDarin
03-26-2015, 01:06 PM
That is kind of what the formation deal is now too. It was legal but now it isn't.

That'll be a good analogy if the NFL decides 3 years from now to punish them for it.

BroncoBeavis
03-26-2015, 01:09 PM
So maybe we should get rid of the hurry up offense, too.

Note that hurry up isn't allowed when the offense makes substitutions.

And now neither are the Belicheat on-field "eligible-is-non-eligible even though he's lined up like a receiver" bull**** substitutions. See how that works.

pricejj
03-26-2015, 01:12 PM

I read somewhere that you you can only change eligibility upon being substituted into the game. Not sure what happened in this case and frankly don't care.

underrated29
03-26-2015, 01:30 PM
I guess you actually believe this.

It's ironic, hypocritical, and just plain dumb, but I know the scandal-hungry society i'm living in, so I can't really say that I'm overly shocked.

Of course, I also know it has much less to do with any actual conviction the Patriots cheat, and much more to do with the fact that you despise the fact that they've been so freaking good, for so freaking long.

So good for so long? Where have you been the last 10 years? Id say last year too but luckily for all pats fans out there Pete Carroll decided to make you relevant for one random year.

Targaryen
03-26-2015, 01:37 PM
I never said the Broncos did not cheat, I thought we were talking about the Patriots?

I didn't say they did cheat. I'm not that petty. You just mentioned draft picks.

"Spygate" could just as easily been called CameraPlacementGate, but it doesn't really flow off the tongue, even if it is more accurate, but hey, this is Murica, so who cares about accuracy. The headline is what matters.

My point is that it's a bunch of garbage.

I don't know why people are so bothered by my posting here. I'm not here to troll. There are plenty of threads I read and have thoughts on, but refrain from posting in because I'm respectful of the fact this is a Bronco forum.

I weighed in on the utter stupidity of the ineligible/eligible hysteria, which then of course had to turn into Belicheat, cheaters cheaters, flat footballs, blah blah blah.

Targaryen
03-26-2015, 01:41 PM
So good for so long? Where have you been the last 10 years? Id say last year too but luckily for all pats fans out there Pete Carroll decided to make you relevant for one random year.

2001 Superbowl champions.
2003 Superbowl champions.
2004 Superbowl champions.
2006 AFC Championship game.
2007 undefeated season until 18-1 Superbowl loss.
2010 14-2 record, upset by Jets.
2011 Superbowl appearance.
2012 AFC Championship appearance.
2013 AFC Championship appearance.
2014 Superbowl Champions.

Yeah, the Pats have been pretty good. Maybe you haven't been watching football. Is calling the sky blue considered "trolling" now?

baja
03-26-2015, 01:53 PM
I didn't say they did cheat. I'm not that petty. You just mentioned draft picks.

"Spygate" could just as easily been called CameraPlacementGate, but it doesn't really flow off the tongue, even if it is more accurate, but hey, this is Murica, so who cares about accuracy. The headline is what matters.

My point is that it's a bunch of garbage.

I don't know why people are so bothered by my posting here. I'm not here to troll. There are plenty of threads I read and have thoughts on, but refrain from posting in because I'm respectful of the fact this is a Bronco forum.

I weighed in on the utter stupidity of the ineligible/eligible hysteria, which then of course had to turn into Belicheat, cheaters cheaters, flat footballs, blah blah blah.

The scent the Patriots give off is they are willing bump up against the line of fair play to have an unfair advantage over the other team rather than just lining up and playing football. There are 32 football teams in the NFL, yet it's the New England Patriots that are constantly in the conversation when it turns to cheating.

Targaryen
03-26-2015, 02:00 PM
The scent the Patriots give off is they are willing bump up against the line of fair play to have an unfair advantage over the other team rather than just lining up and playing football. There are 32 football teams in the NFL, yet it's the New England Patriots that are constantly in the conversation when it turns to cheating.

So when an NFL employee STEALS game balls to be used, designated later for charity, and the referees hastily replace said balls with new ones they didn't check, this is the Patriots cheating?

Patriot scandals are big money for the rats at ESPN and click-bait sports bloggers. That doesn't make it real.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-OLqnbCIAAETlD.jpg

Targaryen
03-26-2015, 02:04 PM
Just remember the level of hysteria after the 45-7 drubbing the Patriots gave the Colts in the AFC Championship game. Fox News got it on it, ex-Jet backup quarterbacks were LITERALLY crying on ESPN. Jerome Bettis was reaching for glasses of water like he couldn't talk he was in such shock. Reporters were asking Tom Brady what "parents were supposed to tell their children."

Soak all this hysterical bull**** up a moment, then consider this.

It was about ****ing air in footballs.

pricejj
03-26-2015, 02:18 PM
Air in footballs has given the Cheaters an unfair advantage for a decade. Air in footballs it's the only reason worms like you post.

You better be damn happy, because air in footballs is the only reason your cheater team has managed to remain relevant, besides all the other well-documented cheats.

Targaryen
03-26-2015, 02:20 PM
Air in footballs has given the Cheaters an unfair advantage for a decade. Air in footballs it's the only reason worms like you post.

You better be damn happy, because air in footballs is the only reason your cheater team has managed to remain relevant, besides all the other well-documented cheats.

Yes, and also that Belichick is a shape shifting Reptilian overlord.

BroncoBeavis
03-26-2015, 02:23 PM

Yet to be determined. But it's good that we've finally got you asking questions.

baja
03-26-2015, 02:25 PM

I have always wondered about that, thanks for clearing it up.;D

socalorado
03-26-2015, 02:55 PM

Now it all makes sense.

Agamemnon
03-26-2015, 02:58 PM

It's a bunch of garbage.

http://africa-facts.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Nile-River.jpg

oubronco
03-26-2015, 07:18 PM
Adam Schefter ‏<S>@</S>AdamSchefter <SMALL class=time>46m46 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/581252045153415168) </SMALL>
Since lastweekend's veteran combine, 11 teams have contacted LB Brandon Copeland; he's planning to visit 4 before picking one next week.

Beantown Bronco
03-27-2015, 09:59 AM
k, but you have no credibility when you call the Patriots cheaters.

Rodney Harrison not only admitted they cheated when he was on the team with his infamous "if you're not cheating, you're not trying" comments, but he personally was suspended for using HGH and/or steroids when he was a member of the Pats, so.....

Targaryen
03-27-2015, 10:18 AM
Rodney Harrison not only admitted they cheated when he was on the team with his infamous "if you're not cheating, you're not trying" comments, but he personally was suspended for using HGH and/or steroids when he was a member of the Pats, so.....

Source?

underrated29
03-27-2015, 10:43 AM
2001 Superbowl champions.
2003 Superbowl champions.
2004 Superbowl champions.
2006 AFC Championship game.
2007 undefeated season until 18-1 Superbowl loss.
2010 14-2 record, upset by Jets.
2011 Superbowl appearance.
2012 AFC Championship appearance.
2013 AFC Championship appearance.
2014 Superbowl Champions.

Yeah, the Pats have been pretty good. Maybe you haven't been watching football. Is calling the sky blue considered "trolling" now?

Lets see I said last 10 years.

once again

2005- win sb? NO!
2006- win sb? NO!
2007- win sb? NO!
2008- win sb? NO!
2009- win sb? NO!
2010- win sb? NO!
2011- win sb? NO!
2012- win sb? NO!
2013- win sb? NO!
2014- Belicheck had to have sucked off Pete
2015- Wont be relevant again.
2016- Brady will be gone or Retired- Pats will be like the raiders for years to come

Beantown Bronco
03-27-2015, 10:50 AM
Source?

Dennis and Callahan for the cheating quote. They played it all the freaking time.

For the steroids/HGH: google is your friend. He readily admits he took "substances" to heal quicker and was suspended. It's pretty common knowledge, especially for a Pats fan over the age of 10. So maybe not you actually.

DENVERDUI55
03-27-2015, 11:06 AM

Every team has players who use/used in the past HGH.

Targaryen
03-27-2015, 11:22 AM
Lets see I said last 10 years.

once again

2005- win sb? NO!
2006- win sb? NO!
2007- win sb? NO!
2008- win sb? NO!
2009- win sb? NO!
2010- win sb? NO!
2011- win sb? NO!
2012- win sb? NO!
2013- win sb? NO!
2014- Belicheck had to have sucked off Pete
2015- Wont be relevant again.
2016- Brady will be gone or Retired- Pats will be like the raiders for years to come

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y

Targaryen
03-27-2015, 11:23 AM
Dennis and Callahan for the cheating quote. They played it all the freaking time.

For the steroids/HGH: google is your friend. He readily admits he took "substances" to heal quicker and was suspended. It's pretty common knowledge, especially for a Pats fan over the age of 10. So maybe not you actually.

Uhh… without context it's basically worthless.

As far as HGH, etc, who cares? Hardly exclusive to the Patriots. Plenty of teams have had these issues to a far greater degree than New England.

Beantown Bronco
03-27-2015, 11:38 AM
As far as HGH, etc, who cares? Hardly exclusive to the Patriots. Plenty of teams have had these issues to a far greater degree than New England.

Is it cheating, yes or no? You said the Patriots never cheated. Using HGH or steroids is cheating. Harrison, a Patriot, was caught and punished. None of this is debatable.

baja
03-27-2015, 11:41 AM
Uhh… without context it's basically worthless.

Dude start a thread. This thread is where we get current NFL news and nobody gives a shiit about your cheating team or your desperate attempt to convince us other wise.

underrated29
03-27-2015, 12:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y

Your silence is deafening. People dont like cheaters. Get over it. Or dont, but then stop cheating.

ColoradoDarin
03-30-2015, 10:42 AM
Falcons fined $350K and a 5th round pick (2016) per Schefter (FB no link)

ColoradoDarin
03-30-2015, 10:43 AM
Browns GM Browns Ray Farmer suspended four games and team fined $250,000 for Text violations - Schefter again

ColoradoDarin
03-30-2015, 10:44 AM
Still no word on Deflategate / Ballghazi, I guess they're still trying to figure out how to sell the whitewashing.

oubronco
03-30-2015, 12:38 PM
Pro Football Rumors ‏<S>@</S>pfrumors <SMALL class=time>1m1 minute ago (https://twitter.com/pfrumors/status/582612337384804352) </SMALL>
Rolando McClain Visiting Patriots http://www.profootballrumors.com/?p=15744 (http://t.co/0EEZbLn6IW)

oubronco
03-30-2015, 12:59 PM
ProFootballTalk ‏<S>@</S>ProFootballTalk <SMALL class=time>7m7 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/582616284380135424) </SMALL>
Chiefs meeting with free agent center Tim Barnes http://wp.me/p14QSB-9JZ9 (http://t.co/qbonUYR6vj)

BroncosfanGuy
03-30-2015, 02:05 PM
Pro Football Rumors ‏<S>@</S>pfrumors <SMALL class=time>1m1 minute ago (https://twitter.com/pfrumors/status/582612337384804352) </SMALL>
Rolando McClain Visiting Patriots http://www.profootballrumors.com/?p=15744 (http://t.co/0EEZbLn6IW)

McClain seems like he fits the patriot way (Hernandez, Dennard, Blount, etal).

pricejj
03-30-2015, 02:12 PM
Browns GM Browns Ray Farmer suspended four games and team fined $250,000 for Text violations - Schefter again

Wonder what repeat offenders, who have deflated footballs for 10 years will get?

broncosteven
03-30-2015, 07:01 PM
McClain seems like he fits the patriot way (Hernandez, Dennard, Blount, etal).

You could add Talib into that mix of names.

TonyR
04-02-2015, 05:08 PM
Ravens have a potential mess in 2016 with Flacco contract

Flacco’s cap number shoots to $28.55 million in 2016, and then pushes to $31.15 million in 2017. The cap number for the final year of the deal is $24.75 million.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/02/ravens-have-a-potential-mess-in-2016-with-flacco-contract/

LOL Wow!

IndelibleScribe
04-02-2015, 06:09 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/02/ravens-have-a-potential-mess-in-2016-with-flacco-contract/

LOL Wow!

Come again? That is insanity! Romo's deal will be similar in the final 2-3 years as well since they restructured.

Tombstone RJ
04-03-2015, 10:20 AM

LOL Wow!

I bet they restructure or cut Flacco before they get to those numbers....

Atwater His Ass
04-03-2015, 10:59 AM
That's pretty obnoxious. His salary jumps $4M this year to $18M next year. 2016 & 2017, suppose depends on what happens cap wise, may be able to absorb the hits if he doesn't restructure.

IndelibleScribe
04-03-2015, 11:35 AM
I bet they restructure or cut Romo before they get to those numbers....

Doubt it. The Cowboys would need to take a QB high and they don't have the roster flexibility to do that right now.

BMarsh615
04-03-2015, 09:01 PM
The Bears may not be done with quarterback Jay Cutler, but most Bears fans are.

The latest proof for that proposition comes from an auction that included a football autographed by Cutler. Via the Chicago Tribune, the March 26 event resulted in a grand total of zero bids for the ball.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/03/football-autographed-by-jay-cutler-gets-no-bids/

Tombstone RJ
04-03-2015, 11:26 PM
Doubt it. The Cowboys would need to take a QB high and they don't have the roster flexibility to do that right now.

Oops, I meant Flacco. Flacco, Romo... bozo..

IndelibleScribe
04-03-2015, 11:34 PM
Oops, I meant Flacco. Flacco, Romo... bozo..

Probably depends on how long Harbaugh is the coach.

oubronco
04-06-2015, 10:07 PM
Jeff McLane ‏<S>@</S>Jeff_McLane <SMALL class=time>2h2 hours ago (https://twitter.com/Jeff_McLane/status/585259668081082368) </SMALL>
LeSean McCoy talks Chip Kelly - "He doesn't like or respect stars." - and the trade. My story: http://mobile.philly.com/sports/eagles/?wss=/philly/sports/eagles&id=298821741 … (http://t.co/HzLRAPgOYF) pic.twitter.com/0AZ6jUMUP5 (http://t.co/0AZ6jUMUP5)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CB9Cj8YWYAEWjX8.jpg
(https://twitter.com/Jeff_McLane/status/585259668081082368/photo/1)

IndelibleScribe
04-06-2015, 10:44 PM
Jeff McLane ‏<S>@</S>Jeff_McLane <SMALL class=time>2h2 hours ago (https://twitter.com/Jeff_McLane/status/585259668081082368) </SMALL>
LeSean McCoy talks Chip Kelly - "He doesn't like or respect stars." - and the trade. My story: http://mobile.philly.com/sports/eagles/?wss=/philly/sports/eagles&id=298821741 … (http://t.co/HzLRAPgOYF) pic.twitter.com/0AZ6jUMUP5 (http://t.co/0AZ6jUMUP5)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CB9Cj8YWYAEWjX8.jpg
(https://twitter.com/Jeff_McLane/status/585259668081082368/photo/1)

Hmm.... That quote can be taken many ways. Either Shady has too big a ego and did not buy in or Chip has a ego the size of the world.

Tombstone RJ
04-07-2015, 09:21 AM
there's more than one pundit who thinks philly will finish first in the NFCE. I say that's a tall order considering all the recent changes this team is going through, including a new QB. But who knows, if they put it all together by the end of the season they just may win the East.

DENVERDUI55
04-07-2015, 10:00 AM
Hmm.... That quote can be taken many ways. Either Shady has too big a ego and did not buy in or Chip has a ego the size of the world.

While they both have big egos Shady is the type of guy who goes to a restaurant and runs up a big bill. He then leaves little to know tip because he thinks he deserves free stuff.

TonyR
04-07-2015, 10:38 AM
there's more than one pundit who thinks philly will finish first in the NFCE...

If they can get Bradford healthy, and keep him healthy, then yes. Very good defensive front 7, improved their DB situation which was a mess last season, good on O except maybe at WR (and maybe they'll use their #1 on a WR).

DrOrangeLove
04-07-2015, 10:52 AM

Then why did Chip Kelly sign DeMarco Murray?

Shady's a head tripper. He also believes that KFM sucks...

Not everybody can be the top back in the NFL.

Knowshawn was an underachiever who made good. Although we now have no need of him, I still don't think he sucks.

cmhargrove
04-07-2015, 02:45 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000483809/article/arizona-cardinals-patrick-peterson-i-am-a-diabetic

Arizona Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson wants to remain quiet about an illness that might have affected his play in 2014.

So much so that he would only admit that a problem surfaced in 2014, and that the team doctors were able to correct it.

"I am a diabetic," the top-tier cornerback told The Arizona Republic this week. "Let's just keep it that way."

Peterson seemed to be uncomfortable at the mention of an issue. Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians hinted at a problem during the season when he said Peterson was suffering from a blood sugar deficiency and that it was affecting Peterson's play on the field.

oubronco
04-07-2015, 02:52 PM
Around The NFL‏<S>@</S>AroundTheNFL<SMALL class=time>5m5 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/585544434688909312)</SMALL>
LeGarrette Blount has been suspended without pay for the Patriots' regular-season opener for violating the Substances of Abuse policy

Adam Caplan ‏<S>@</S>caplannfl <SMALL class=time>10m10 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/585543517730168833) </SMALL>
Blount earned $100 K roster bonus on 3/14, but loses $46,875 K in base salary for the one game suspension.

Adam Caplan‏<S>@</S>caplannfl<SMALL class=time>8m8 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/585543911453696000)</SMALL>
Blount also misses out on $6,250 k for not being active for game one. Has per game roster bonuses per game of $6,250.

Fuggin Dumbass

ram29jackson
04-07-2015, 03:16 PM

or its a made up story so you have an excuse when they don't do well next season towards playoffs.

if each team is a separate entity actually wanting to win, you don't think an owner would already know this and change the situation ?

its all pointless made up drama

DrOrangeLove
04-07-2015, 06:15 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000483809/article/arizona-cardinals-patrick-peterson-i-am-a-diabetic

Arizona Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson wants to remain quiet about an illness that might have affected his play in 2014.

So much so that he would only admit that a problem surfaced in 2014, and that the team doctors were able to correct it.

"I am a diabetic," the top-tier cornerback told The Arizona Republic this week. "Let's just keep it that way."

Peterson seemed to be uncomfortable at the mention of an issue. Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians hinted at a problem during the season when he said Peterson was suffering from a blood sugar deficiency and that it was affecting Peterson's play on the field.

Very strange article.

I suspect he is IDDM.

Very unusual for someone of Patterson's age and level of fitness/leaness to be diagnosed with non insulin dependent DM. Yet that's what the article implies...

If he was having trouble managing his insulin regimen at first, as newly diagnosed diabetics frequently do, then he might have temporarily have a "blood sugar deficiency."

I would expect a strong family history of Type II DM, being diagnosed so young.

IndelibleScribe
04-07-2015, 09:26 PM
or its a made up story so you have an excuse when they don't do well next season towards playoffs.

if each team is a separate entity actually wanting to win, you don't think an owner would already know this and change the situation ?

its all pointless made up drama

While they both have big egos Shady is the type of guy who goes to a restaurant and runs up a big bill. He then leaves little to know tip because he thinks he deserves free stuff.

Then why did Chip Kelly sign DeMarco Murray?

Shady's a head tripper. He also believes that KFM sucks...

Not everybody can be the top back in the NFL.

Knowshawn was an underachiever who made good. Although we now have no need of him, I still don't think he sucks.

I'll group all of those together. My point was that the article could be taken many different ways. I think it was just a disagreement in philosophies.
Likely no true ill will.

SouthStndJunkie
04-07-2015, 10:10 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/07/bucs-sign-defensive-end-george-johnson-to-offer-sheet-lions-have-five-days-to-match/

Bucs sign defensive end George Johnson to offer sheet, Lions have five days to match

SouthStndJunkie
04-08-2015, 08:08 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/08/dolphins-bring-wes-welker-in-for-a-free-agent-visit/

Dolphins bring Wes Welker in for a free agent visit

SouthStndJunkie
04-08-2015, 08:22 AM
I think it would be cool for Wes Welker to finish out his career with the Dolphins, as he played his first two NFL seasons with them.

oubronco
04-08-2015, 08:30 AM
Yea it would be but I don't know if getting another concussion is worth it he could have a lot of trouble on down the road

Shananahan
04-08-2015, 08:44 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/07/bucs-sign-defensive-end-george-johnson-to-offer-sheet-lions-have-five-days-to-match/

Bucs sign defensive end George Johnson to offer sheet, Lions have five days to match
Every time this happens I wonder why it doesn't happen more often.

Boogerboots
04-08-2015, 12:38 PM
NFL hires first full time ref. Sarah Thomas had worked as a replacement line judge but now is in it full time.
http://www.tsn.ca/nfl-hires-first-full-time-female-official-1.250995

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZOPTDcg3LaA_rf0FOTN6DtbuxKqGl8 sjhyYFO6vEpuF1BjAT9

Old Dude
04-08-2015, 02:41 PM
oops. Moon spotted.

IndelibleScribe
04-08-2015, 04:21 PM

It is frowned upon. It is one of the unwritten rules of the NFL. It still happens but rarely do the players change team unless they are somewhat lesser players.

oubronco
04-08-2015, 05:29 PM
Former Texans and Bears defensive lineman Amobi Okoye (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/O/OkoyAm99.htm?utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-pfr.traderumors.com) has been released by the Cowboys, tweets (https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/585905504402206720) Adam Caplan of ESPN.com. Okoye appeared in 87 games between 2007 and 2012 before he was sidelined by a medical issue, and had been attempting to make it back to the NFL — if he intends to continue his comeback attempt, it looks like it’ll have to happen with another team.

Any interest?

IndelibleScribe
04-08-2015, 06:19 PM
Former Texans and Bears defensive lineman Amobi Okoye (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/O/OkoyAm99.htm?utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-pfr.traderumors.com) has been released by the Cowboys, tweets (https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/585905504402206720) Adam Caplan of ESPN.com. Okoye appeared in 87 games between 2007 and 2012 before he was sidelined by a medical issue, and had been attempting to make it back to the NFL — if he intends to continue his comeback attempt, it looks like it’ll have to happen with another team.

Any interest?

He does have a Kubiak connection. Why not? we brought in Gradkowski and Smith.

bowtown
04-08-2015, 06:27 PM
Is he old enough to drink yet? He was like 12 when Houston drafted him.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-08-2015, 06:36 PM

Any interest?

thought he was out of the league.

broncosteven
04-08-2015, 08:17 PM
Yea it would be but I don't know if getting another concussion is worth it he could have a lot of trouble on down the road

Concussion and Molly are not a good mix.

jmz313
04-09-2015, 07:01 AM

plus its expensive. They compensate with a pick, right?

Shananahan
04-09-2015, 08:57 AM
Not in this case.

IndelibleScribe
04-09-2015, 11:30 AM

No, he is a original round tender and as such he requires no compensation as he was a UDFA.

oubronco
04-10-2015, 11:04 AM
Denver Broncos ‏<S>@</S>Broncos <SMALL class=time>2m2 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/Broncos/status/586574695459385344) </SMALL>
Happy birthday to <S>#</S>Broncos (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Broncos?src=hash) alum <S>@</S>NeilSmith_NFL (https://twitter.com/NeilSmith_NFL), a Denver Pro Bowler and 2x <S>#</S>SuperBowl (https://twitter.com/hashtag/SuperBowl?src=hash) champ! [http://dbron.co/6gh (http://t.co/wOmkhYVbP5)] pic.twitter.com/GI3S11QkpJ (http://t.co/GI3S11QkpJ)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCPuk8aWgAA3y0l.jpg
(https://twitter.com/Broncos/status/586574695459385344/photo/1)

TonyR
04-13-2015, 01:12 PM
Sean Richardson was worth the extra $1 million to the Green Bay Packers.

Shortly before Monday's deadline, a source confirmed that the Packers informed Richardson that they have matched the Oakland Raiders' one-year, $2.55 million offer sheet that was executed last week, meaning Green Bay will retain the fourth-year pro. http://www.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12680626/green-bay-packers-retain-sean-richardson-matching-oakland-raiders-offer-sheet

gunns
04-14-2015, 05:54 AM
Should we be proud our problem child (Clarett) didn't go this far?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/lawrence-phillips-reportedly-suspected-of-murdering-cellmate/ar-AAaXT6U?ocid=ansLarryBrownSports11

Old Dude
04-14-2015, 07:54 AM
Former NFL player Lawrence Phillips (serving 31 year sentence) now under investigation (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ex-nfl-running-back-suspected-killing-prison-cellmate-011706799--nfl.html)in death of a cellmate.

...dang ... ninja'd by Gunns

DENVERDUI55
04-14-2015, 08:55 AM
Should we be proud our problem child (Clarett) didn't go this far?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/lawrence-phillips-reportedly-suspected-of-murdering-cellmate/ar-AAaXT6U?ocid=ansLarryBrownSports11

Clarett does some good stuff now. He turned his life around nicely and a lot of people don't know that.

baja
04-14-2015, 09:07 AM
Former NFL player Lawrence Phillips (serving 31 year sentence) now under investigation (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ex-nfl-running-back-suspected-killing-prison-cellmate-011706799--nfl.html)in death of a cellmate.

...dang ... ninja'd by Gunns

That guy have a very different life laid on a platter at his feet, the choices people make???

baja
04-14-2015, 09:08 AM
Clarett does some good stuff now. He turned his life around nicely and a lot of people don't know that.

So, could he knock off 2K in out system?

IndelibleScribe
04-14-2015, 11:06 AM
That guy have a very different life laid on a platter at his feet, the choices people make???

The problem with some people is that they rely solely on their instincts. Good or bad. They cannot adjust to the opportunities that lay before them.
Their instincts or life experiences sabotage them and in doing so prevents them from taking full advantage of their potential.

baja
04-14-2015, 11:30 AM
The problem with some people is that they rely solely on their instincts. Good or bad. They cannot adjust to the opportunities that lay before them.
Their instincts or life experiences sabotage them and in doing so prevents them from taking full advantage of their potential.

Ever read "The Four Agreements"? It's excellent.

PRBronco
04-14-2015, 11:36 AM
So, could he knock off 2K in out system?

2k ounces of Grey Goose.

IndelibleScribe
04-14-2015, 11:39 AM
Ever read "The Four Agreements"? It's excellent.

I do not read many books of that genre. I always find them to be more common sense than necessary. Meaning if more people used common sense they would not need to read the book.

ColoradoDarin
04-14-2015, 11:43 AM
Hey, a good thought - I just noticed that we haven't been in the news for a while for a player arrested...

Drunken.Broncoholic2
04-14-2015, 11:44 AM
Hey, a good thought - I just noticed that we haven't been in the news for a while for a player arrested...

Whatever happen to Talib? Dallas PD still confusing him?

pricejj
04-14-2015, 11:47 AM

Drinking more is bad if you're an alcoholic?

IndelibleScribe
04-14-2015, 11:54 AM
Drinking more is bad if you're an alcoholic?

A idiot does not realize they are an idiot. They simply believe every one else is wrong.
An addict tends to only pursue the avenues in which to feed their compulsion. They rarely see the consequences of their actions until far too late or someone in their life forces them to see the results of their misfortune.

My dad was a alcoholic. The only reason he stopped was due to being stabbed in a fight and almost dying. He found out he was to be a father and that reinforced his decision.

pricejj
04-14-2015, 12:18 PM
A idiot does not realize they are an idiot. They simply believe every one else is wrong.
An addict tends to only pursue the avenues in which to feed their compulsion. They rarely see the consequences of their actions until far too late or someone in their life forces them to see the results of their misfortune.

My dad was a alcoholic. The only reason he stopped was due to being stabbed in a fight and almost dying. He found out he was to be a father and that reinforced his decision.

Well, my dad was an alcoholic, and did die after being stabbed in a fight a few years ago. Not that it matters, I did not care.

The reality is, I don't think addicts make a conscious choice to do what they do. Just as I don't make a choice to drink water. I'm thirsty, so I drink.

Shananahan
04-14-2015, 02:35 PM
My dad was a alcoholic. The only reason he stopped was due to being stabbed in a fight and almost dying.
Well, my dad was an alcoholic, and did die after being stabbed in a fight a few years ago.
I feel like the Stabbing Victim model of addiction isn't really talked about enough.

IndelibleScribe
04-14-2015, 02:39 PM
I feel like the Stabbing Victim model of addiction isn't really talked about enough.

Should I have mentioned that he was shot a few years before the stabbing in a drunken fight as well?

Shananahan
04-14-2015, 02:42 PM
It's a progressive ordeal, for sure.

IndelibleScribe
04-14-2015, 02:45 PM
Alright. Let me get the thread back on topic. Do not want to derail things.
Browns to unveil new uniforms tonight. (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/14/browns-to-unveil-new-uniforms-tonight/)

PRBronco
04-14-2015, 02:49 PM
Alright. Let me get the thread back on topic. Do not want to derail things.
Browns to unveil new uniforms tonight. (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/14/browns-to-unveil-new-uniforms-tonight/)

I wonder if they'll blow it??!

IndelibleScribe
04-14-2015, 03:01 PM
I wonder if they'll blow it??!

When it comes to that franchise. Only one thing needs to be said for anyone to understand.
"It's the Browns."

PRBronco
04-14-2015, 03:08 PM
When it comes to that franchise. Only one thing needs to be said for anyone to understand.
"It's the Browns."

I'm 80% sure the unveiling model will be downing a footlong right before he comes on stage and there'll be a big mustard blob on the front of the jersey. And there'll be a guy just happening to walk by playing the Price is Right sad trombone.

IndelibleScribe
04-14-2015, 03:13 PM
I'm 80% sure the unveiling model will be downing a footlong right before he comes on stage and there'll be a big mustard blob on the front of the jersey. And there'll be a guy just happening to walk by playing the Price is Right sad trombone.

Oh God. Please let this happen. I would almost die laughing. ROFL!

Shananahan
04-14-2015, 03:51 PM
It's a progressive ordeal, for sure.

gunns
04-14-2015, 05:22 PM
Well, my dad was an alcoholic, and did die after being stabbed in a fight a few years ago. Not that it matters, I did not care.

The reality is, I don't think addicts make a conscious choice to do what they do. Just as I don't make a choice to drink water. I'm thirsty, so I drink.

My mom was an alcoholic. She died because of it. It's made me stone cold towards addicts. I know I may be wrong, but don't care. They choose to pick up that drink and make so many lives miserable, no matter how many times they are told. I just walked away.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
04-14-2015, 05:56 PM
I keep hearing Rivers trade rumors. Not crazy to think they can involve him in a trade to Titans if it meant Mariota to SD. Wisenhunt gets his old pal Rivers and SD get their man. SD needs to do something cause Rivers said he wants to be a FA after his contract is up

IndelibleScribe
04-14-2015, 06:01 PM
I keep hearing Rivers trade rumors. Not crazy to think they can involve him in a trade to Titans if it meant Mariota to SD. Wisenhunt gets his old pal Rivers and SD get their man. SD needs to do something cause Rivers said he wants to be a FA after his contract is up

That's pretty stupid considering he does not want to leave SD. He does not want to uproot his family and they home school their children.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
04-14-2015, 06:24 PM
That's pretty stupid considering he does not want to leave SD. He does not want to uproot his family and they home school their children.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/san-diego-chargers-marcus-mariota-workout-oregon-philip-rivers-trade-tennessee-titans-041315

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/04/2015_nfl_draft_phillip_rivers_to_tennessee_titans. html

He's already stated he wants to wait to sign. Waiting doesn't do him any good and makes it easier for SD to put him on the trade block.

Old Dude
04-14-2015, 06:25 PM
Presenting: the New Look for the Cleveland Browns.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2015/04/14/0ap3000000485389.jpg

Notice how they put "Cleveland" on the front, you know, just in case.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
04-14-2015, 06:31 PM
I like it. The brown looks good and I've always liked the bigger stripe on top of the helmets. Wished Denver did those stripes.

IndelibleScribe
04-14-2015, 06:33 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/san-diego-chargers-marcus-mariota-workout-oregon-philip-rivers-trade-tennessee-titans-041315

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/04/2015_nfl_draft_phillip_rivers_to_tennessee_titans. html

He's already stated he wants to wait to sign. Waiting doesn't do him any good and makes it easier for SD to put him on the trade block.

I meant giving up the 2nd pick for him. For San Diego it's a great idea. For Tennessee it's dumb.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2015/04/14/0ap3000000485389.jpg

I was expecting something hideous. This is actually not bad.

Old Dude
04-14-2015, 06:34 PM
If I ever get awarded an NFL franchise, I think I'm going to name it "The Greens" and then make sure the uniforms are predominately red and black.

IndelibleScribe
04-14-2015, 06:37 PM
The Browns were named after their coach. Not the color Brown.

You know your franchise is screwed up when a S, C and LB/DE are your models for the new uniforms.

swaiy
04-14-2015, 06:52 PM
These look good.

IndelibleScribe
04-14-2015, 07:09 PM
These look good.

I kind of want to buy one of the red jersey's.

ram29jackson
04-14-2015, 08:56 PM
LOL they are horrible...never write the team name on the side of the pants. Its pathetic

Wes Mantooth
04-14-2015, 09:39 PM

We had yet another horrendous season. But man we look decent.

IndelibleScribe
04-14-2015, 10:01 PM
We had yet another horrendous season. But man we look decent.

More like "This is where all the money we will save when Mack opts out after this season is going."

bronco militia
04-14-2015, 10:32 PM
The factory of sadness produces yet another horrible chapter in browns history

PRBronco
04-14-2015, 10:34 PM
I kind of want to buy one of the red jersey's.

That is red eh? I was hoping my colourblindness was playing tricks on me. I probably don't have to explain to anyone around here that I think orange looks better.

IndelibleScribe
04-14-2015, 11:10 PM
That is red eh? I was hoping my colourblindness was playing tricks on me. I probably don't have to explain to anyone around here that I think orange looks better.

It is either Red or a deep deep dark burnt Orange.

pricejj
04-14-2015, 11:17 PM
LOL they are horrible...never write the team name on the side of the pants. Its pathetic

Definite inferiority complex.

boltaneer
04-15-2015, 04:32 AM
Those uniforms are horrible. A step below Arena League.

Ratboy
04-15-2015, 04:43 AM

and a step ahead of the Chargers.

I personally like them.

Shananahan
04-15-2015, 08:39 AM
I meant giving up the 2nd pick for him. For San Diego it's a great idea. For Tennessee it's dumb.
For San Diego it's the best possible outcome if you really believe Rivers intends to leave at the end of the season. You couldn't ask for a better situation to fall into your lap if that really is the case. I doubt that it is, but it would be fun to watch Rivers without caring about the outcome of the game. Pretty wild.

ludo21
04-15-2015, 09:15 AM
I like the helmets, and the idea of "Cleveland" written on the front.

The outcome of it.... not so much

bronco militia
04-15-2015, 12:20 PM
http://prod.images.browns.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BROWNS/assets/images/imported/CLE/photos/clubimages/2015/04-April/temp041415-reveal-01--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

bronco militia
04-15-2015, 12:21 PM
IMO, the Browns are now tied with the Bungholes for the worst uni's in the league. Nice going Ohio

LOL

http://prod.images.browns.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BROWNS/assets/images/imported/CLE/photos/clubimages/2015/04-April/temp041415-reveal-06--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

TonyR
04-15-2015, 12:29 PM
A good rundown of the whole Rivers for Mariota story:

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/rivers-for-mariota-is-still-a-thing

ludo21
04-15-2015, 12:51 PM
Adidas wont do what Nike did to the Browns for ASU:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/heat-index/2015/04/15/adidas-promises-to-give-asu-better-uniforms-than-browns/25817727/

bronco militia
04-15-2015, 01:28 PM

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/heat-index/2015/04/15/adidas-promises-to-give-asu-better-uniforms-than-browns/25817727/

:rofl:

broncosteven
04-15-2015, 08:31 PM

I prefer the old ones, The new ones are hideous I cannot believe anyone likes the new ones.

Old Dude
04-15-2015, 09:16 PM
IMO, the Browns are now tied with the Bungholes for the worst uni's in the league. Nice going Ohio

LOL

Nah. The Bengals' gawdawful unis are still in a class of their own.

boltaneer
04-15-2015, 09:34 PM
and a step ahead of the Chargers.

I personally like them.

The Chargers new uniforms are just okay but the powder blue throwbacks are awesome. Best in the league IMO. Everyone wants them to replace their current unis but they ignore all the fans. I'm hoping they're saving it for the new stadium. ;)

Flacko
04-15-2015, 09:53 PM
The Chargers new uniforms are just okay but the powder blue throwbacks are awesome. Best in the league IMO. Everyone wants them to replace their current unis but they ignore all the fans. I'm hoping they're saving it for the new stadium. ;)

....in LA?

IndelibleScribe
04-15-2015, 11:38 PM

Adidas needs to have some strong uniforms come out. They are paying Michigan an insane amount of money and most fans along with many alums and boosters want to switch back to Nike.

boltaneer
04-16-2015, 01:32 AM
....in LA?

lol

The Raiders and Chargers have a better chance of funding and building a stadium in Antarctica over building a stadium on a landfill in California.

gunns
04-16-2015, 06:54 AM

Yep those powder blues make one feel all warm and fuzzy inside, reminds me of the blankets I used to wrap my baby boys in. Perfect color for a "powerful" football team.

broncosteven
04-16-2015, 03:37 PM

Only the 5 or 6 true Charger Fans in the world and Boomer think those are the best.

You might not have to worry about it anymore though as LA will want their own colors.

LOL

IndelibleScribe
04-16-2015, 03:47 PM
Those powder blue uniforms are dog ****. As bad as the red and yellow stripped Denver Broncos throwbacks.
The Chargers need to leave their current color scheme in place.

DrOrangeLove
04-16-2015, 03:49 PM
Those powder blue uniforms are dog ****. As bad as the red and yellow stripped Denver Broncos throwbacks.
The Chargers need to leave their current color scheme in place.

But are they as bad as the Steelers chain-gang throwbacks?

Flacko
04-16-2015, 04:28 PM
lol

The Raiders and Chargers have a better chance of funding and building a stadium in Antarctica over building a stadium on a landfill in California.

I'm joking, it would be terrible if the Chuggers moved to LA. They would turn into the Raiders 2.0.

IndelibleScribe
04-16-2015, 04:51 PM
But are they as bad as the Steelers chain-gang throwbacks?

Packers blue ones are still worse. Mostly due to being so bland and we know the Pack as green and yellow now so it just seems unnatural.

Florida_Bronco
04-16-2015, 05:23 PM

I like your current unis much more than the ones shown in your avatar. The white helmet was a real nice touch.

KipCorrington25
04-16-2015, 06:12 PM
New uniforms always suck. If every team could just go back to what they wore in the 70's it would be great. Oh, and if your franchise didn't exist in the 70's then you're gone.

DrOrangeLove
04-16-2015, 06:48 PM
Packers blue ones are still worse. Mostly due to being so bland and we know the Pack as green and yellow now so it just seems unnatural.

Yeah that one is right up there. Frankly most of them are garbage.

I do like the eagles throwback though.

errand
04-16-2015, 07:15 PM
New uniforms always suck. If every team could just go back to what they wore in the 70's it would be great. Oh, and if your franchise didn't exist in the 70's then you're gone.

Yeah, what were the '97 Broncos thinking?

IndelibleScribe
04-16-2015, 07:21 PM
Yeah, what were the '97 Broncos thinking?

"To win championships. The old uniforms must go." In truth we are 2-0 in those newer uniforms in the SB. Only the old style have we lost in.

pricejj
04-16-2015, 07:40 PM
"To win championships. The old uniforms must go." In truth we are 2-0 in those newer uniforms in the SB. Only the old style have we lost in.

Um what?

I guess you're mind mentally blocked out the trauma.

Wes Mantooth
04-16-2015, 08:21 PM

Only predominately Orange. No predominantly orange team has ever won a superbowl

IndelibleScribe
04-16-2015, 08:40 PM
Um what?

I guess you're mind mentally blocked out the trauma.

The uniforms we wear now are similar to the old uniforms before the change in 97'. Orange is not the color we should be wearing in the SB.

errand
04-16-2015, 09:24 PM

We won in navy blue, and road whites.....have been made lick a cat's ass 3 times in orange

IndelibleScribe
04-16-2015, 10:03 PM
We won in navy blue, and road whites.....have been made lick a cat's ass 3 times in orange

We did not lick a cat's ass. We were bent over with no lube in front of the world while being made to scream "I love taking it."

ColoradoDarin
04-17-2015, 11:46 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CBndqQ-W4AESdEQ.jpg

bronco militia
04-17-2015, 12:42 PM
nfl logos as butts

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Bills.png

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2015/04/nfl-logos-as-butts.html

IndelibleScribe
04-17-2015, 01:13 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CBndqQ-W4AESdEQ.jpg

Old but still funny.

LikeABoss5820
04-17-2015, 04:35 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1323841882/Twitter_Picture_bigger.jpg Evan SilvaVerified account ‏<s>@</s>evansilva (https://twitter.com/evansilva)

Continues to appear less & less likely Philip Rivers will be the <s>#</s>Chargers (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chargers?src=hash) QB this year: http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/apr/17/chargers-rivers-barry-sanders-nfl-gates-weddle/ … (http://t.co/zrhH6muOa2)

errand
04-17-2015, 09:37 PM
We did not lick a cat's ass. We were bent over with no lube in front of the world while being made to scream "I love taking it."

Point being, it wasn't an enjoyable experience.....

oubronco
04-19-2015, 12:58 PM
NFL Network ‏<S>@</S>nflnetwork <SMALL class=time>27m27 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/589858553751470080) </SMALL>
Gary Kubiak's new offense + an aging Peyton Manning = less Peyton Manning. WATCH: http://at.nfl.com/4aEC9cD (http://t.co/h4SS6AhAMM) pic.twitter.com/LOJ7XOTh0R (http://t.co/LOJ7XOTh0R)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CC-ZOrRUUAA-OZT.jpg
(https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/589858553751470080/photo/1)

crush17
04-19-2015, 04:41 PM
Tim Tebow to sign with Eagles as camp QB Per Jay Glazer & Schefter

Rocket 7
04-19-2015, 04:55 PM

This deal came across wolf754life's desk last night. Not sure why he wasn't given credit.

Agamemnon
04-19-2015, 04:55 PM
Why do people act like Kubiak runs it 60% of the time or something? It's generally around 55% pass and 45% run with Kubiak. Schaub's passing attempts in the three years he started all 16 games in Houston:

2012: 544 (34 attempts per game)
2010: 574 (35.9 attempts per game)
2009: 583 (36.4 attempts per game)

Manning has averaged 38.3 attempts per game since joining the Broncos so you can probably expect him to pass a 2-4 times less per game than we have seen previously. Hardly a huge change.

Agamemnon
04-19-2015, 04:59 PM

Good for him. Hope he makes the most of it. Eagles fans and Tebow are one odd combination though. I see an It's always Sunny episode in the future where Mac starts worshipping and emulating Tebow. That would be so awesome.

Old Dude
04-19-2015, 05:10 PM

Thank God. I was worried that we'd seen the last of the Tebow threads.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-19-2015, 05:59 PM
Good for him. Hope he makes the most of it. Eagles fans and Tebow are one odd combination though. I see an It's always Sunny episode in the future where Mac starts worshipping and emulating Tebow. That would be so awesome.

Or go gay for him

Boltjolt
04-19-2015, 06:08 PM
Only the 5 or 6 true Charger Fans in the world and Boomer think those are the best.

You might not have to worry about it anymore though as LA will want their own colors.

LOL

You mean the same colors they kept when they moved to SD in 1961?
They wont change them if they go, which i doubt they will.
LA wont have a say anyways, they just want a team. The Raiders didnt change their outdated uni's when they went there.

I think the Powder Blues are awesome. Just like the throwbacks are awesome. Best in the biz. Im sure you guys think your uni's are the best too. I think they are alright, definitely not the worst, definitely not the best. I liked the old ones too.

Terrible throwbacks though.

SouthStndJunkie
04-21-2015, 08:43 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/21/brady-declined-to-give-griffin-pointers/

Brady declined to give Griffin pointers

jmz313
04-21-2015, 08:47 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/21/brady-declined-to-give-griffin-pointers/

Brady surely operating off Bellychek orders. You know, that tight knit QB brotherhood and all.

Brady could of spent 60 hours with him and a powerpoint presentation and it would not matter for RG3.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
04-21-2015, 09:05 AM
NFL Network ‏<S>@</S>nflnetwork <SMALL class=time>27m27 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/589858553751470080) </SMALL>
Gary Kubiak's new offense + an aging Peyton Manning = less Peyton Manning. WATCH: http://at.nfl.com/4aEC9cD (http://t.co/h4SS6AhAMM) pic.twitter.com/LOJ7XOTh0R (http://t.co/LOJ7XOTh0R)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CC-ZOrRUUAA-OZT.jpg
(https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/589858553751470080/photo/1)

It will not surprise me if Manning rips a hammy on a drop back from under center.

ColoradoDarin
04-21-2015, 09:20 AM
My best guess: 30 days in jail for 3rd DUI....

IndelibleScribe
04-21-2015, 11:18 AM

I think RGIII will rebound just fine. It will be interesting to see the offense next season.

tonngo0
04-21-2015, 02:06 PM

Come on Griffin reads the press .... deflate the balls :)

oubronco
04-22-2015, 08:42 AM
Then it shouldn't surprise you when he throws for 45 plus TD's this year..:egbgb:

But will he walk 3 yds for an extremely important first down?

Old Dude
04-22-2015, 09:09 AM
Heartwarming interview (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/21/warren-sapp-arrest-video-freak-out_n_7110562.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592)with Warren Sapp.

(well, more of a monologue, actually)

oubronco
04-22-2015, 01:18 PM
Denver Post Broncos ‏<S>@</S>PostBroncos <SMALL class=time>8m8 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/PostBroncos/status/590955682309935104) </SMALL>
Judge OKs 65-year deal over NFL concussions; could cost $1 billion http://dpo.st/1DOy0D6 (http://t.co/40pFZ7czsM) by <S>@</S>AP (https://twitter.com/AP) pic.twitter.com/JuedoIWmOQ (http://t.co/JuedoIWmOQ)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDN_Dy1WYAIhU2b.jpg
(https://twitter.com/PostBroncos/status/590955682309935104/photo/1)

oubronco
04-22-2015, 01:27 PM
Denver Post Broncos‏<S>@</S>PostBroncos<SMALL class=time>47s47 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/PostBroncos/status/590959852521820161)</SMALL>
T.J. Ward calls for patience as Broncos undergo changes for 2015 http://dpo.st/1zN22mM (http://t.co/cpe4uaD2Xu) by <S>@</S>NickiJhabvala (https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala) pic.twitter.com/Z2n8WL6xTf (http://t.co/Z2n8WL6xTf)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDOC2qIWAAA5P6-.jpg

(https://twitter.com/PostBroncos/status/590959852521820161/photo/1)

oubronco
04-22-2015, 01:28 PM
Denver Broncos Buzz ‏<S>@</S>broncosbuzztap <SMALL class=time>2m2 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/broncosbuzztap/status/590959612888616960) </SMALL>
http://denverbroncos.com (http://t.co/ha7RiRR149) >> Ward on new defense, competition at safety http://buzztap.com/-nYBkCj (http://t.co/LYEDiCiQc7)

crush17
04-22-2015, 02:27 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>NFL announces a 10-game suspension for Cowboys DE Greg Hardy. Without pay. That would be a pretty serious statement by the league.</p>&mdash; Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/590971575278637057">April 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>NFL’s investigation confirmed Hardy had a “futon” full of guns: <a href="http://t.co/3iSWYQDCJs">pic.twitter.com/3iSWYQDCJs</a></p>&mdash; Will Brinson (@WillBrinson) <a href="https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/590971148680224768">April 22, 2015</a></blockquote>

bronco militia
04-22-2015, 02:47 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>NFL announces a 10-game suspension for Cowboys DE Greg Hardy. Without pay. That would be a pretty serious statement by the league.</p>&mdash; Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/590971575278637057">April 22, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>NFL’s investigation confirmed Hardy had a “futon” full of guns: <a href="http://t.co/3iSWYQDCJs">pic.twitter.com/3iSWYQDCJs</a></p>&mdash; Will Brinson (@WillBrinson) <a href="https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/590971148680224768">April 22, 2015</a></blockquote>

lol....the futon full of guns was the least concerning part of that report.

oubronco
04-22-2015, 02:52 PM
Damn dude gets pissed jumps over the line now he's going to lose his money and probably his guns

Old Dude
04-22-2015, 02:58 PM
Heartwarming interview (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/21/warren-sapp-arrest-video-freak-out_n_7110562.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592)with Warren Sapp.

More sordid details (http://deadspin.com/warren-sapp-to-cops-i-put-the-600-on-the-table-ever-1699205788).

boltaneer
04-22-2015, 03:22 PM
Ten games isn't nearly enough.

ludo21
04-22-2015, 03:27 PM
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=12736773

Deltha O Neal reference by Shefter on this one. Broncos tried to trick him that they were taking Todd Pinkston.

Fun listen.

DENVERDUI55
04-22-2015, 03:44 PM

He must have zero game if he can't get some sluts in AZ without paying for it.

Boltjolt
04-22-2015, 04:00 PM
Chargers GM in predraft conference once again says

"There really is no update," general manager Tom Telesco said Wednesday. Philip's our quarterback and it's our plan and intent that he's our quarterback well into the future. "In all my discussions with him, he's shown a great amount of respect for his teammates and a great amount of respect for this organization. He's been here every day working extremely hard working with his teammates being the leader that he is. ... I know he's really excited about this season, as are we, and we move from there."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000487472/article/chargers-gm-its-our-plan-to-keep-philip-rivers

Tombstone RJ
04-22-2015, 04:19 PM
Chargers GM in predraft conference once again says

"There really is no update," general manager Tom Telesco said Wednesday. Philip's our quarterback and it's our plan and intent that he's our quarterback well into the future. "In all my discussions with him, he's shown a great amount of respect for his teammates and a great amount of respect for this organization. He's been here every day working extremely hard working with his teammates being the leader that he is. ... I know he's really excited about this season, as are we, and we move from there."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000487472/article/chargers-gm-its-our-plan-to-keep-philip-rivers

Philip's on Tennessee time. You know it. I know it. Tom Telesco knows it.

peacepipe
04-22-2015, 04:27 PM
He must have zero game if he can't get some sluts in AZ without paying for it.

he is not paying for sex, he's paying for them to leave afterwards.

Boltjolt
04-22-2015, 04:46 PM
Philip's on Tennessee time. You know it. I know it. Tom Telesco knows it.

Not a chance. Doesnt make sense and its all draft hoopla hype is all it is.

Tombstone RJ
04-22-2015, 04:54 PM
Not a chance. Doesnt make sense and its all draft hoopla hype is all it is.

Then why does Phil not have a new contract, what's the hold up?

Boltjolt
04-22-2015, 05:03 PM
Then why does Phil not have a new contract, what's the hold up?

Same reason Weddle doesnt. They usually dont do extentions til later on. Im not really worried about it as much as you seem to be.

Tom Telesco on offering Eric Weddle a contract extension: "We'll have discussions at some point. No doubt."

Telesco said all discussions between players and agents will stay internal, but reiterated he intends on keeping Rivers in San Diego.

"I've been crystal clear what our plan and intent are, I don't know what else to say," he said. "He's our quarterback. And hopefully for many, many years moving forward. I think he's got a lot of good years left in him. Through eight games last year, he was an MVP candidate, so we are thrilled to have him."

Drunken.Broncoholic2
04-22-2015, 05:09 PM
Same reason Weddle doesnt. They usually dont do extentions til later on. Im not really worried about it as much as you seem to be.

Tom Telesco on offering Eric Weddle a contract extension: "We'll have discussions at some point. No doubt."

Telesco said all discussions between players and agents will stay internal, but reiterated he intends on keeping Rivers in San Diego.

"I've been crystal clear what our plan and intent are, I don't know what else to say," he said. "He's our quarterback. And hopefully for many, many years moving forward. I think he's got a lot of good years left in him. Through eight games last year, he was an MVP candidate, so we are thrilled to have him."

Rivers is the one who states he doesn't want an extension/new contract right now. Weddle is saying the same thing?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/21/tomlinson-thinks-rivers-wants-out-of-san-diego/

Tomlinson agrees. Not a good sign when the team has made efforts to extend/new contract and the player declines.

Tombstone RJ
04-22-2015, 05:14 PM

see the above post 13761... :welcome:

Boltjolt
04-22-2015, 05:31 PM
Rivers is the one who states he doesn't want an extension/new contract right now. Weddle is saying the same thing?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/21/tomlinson-thinks-rivers-wants-out-of-san-diego/

Tomlinson agrees. Not a good sign when the team has made efforts to extend/new contract and the player declines.

Nope, Weddle is upset that he hasnt been offered an extention yet. Says he wants to retire a Charger but he has been there long enough to know they dont do extensions till other priority things are done. Not like he is a FA right now. Telesco said he will get to him.

Telesco hasnt offered an extension to Rivers yet, he just said earlier in the year that he wants to.

As for LT, he hasnt talked to Rivers so it means nothing. If he feels that way, i wonder why he was upset that AJ released him? Fitting.

We can argue all day but im not worried about where Rivers will be. You can choose to believe the Media who has no insight or info from our front office. Im giving you the front offices comments on it.

Tombstone RJ
04-22-2015, 05:35 PM
Nope, Weddle is upset that he hasnt been offered an extention yet. Says he wants to retire a Charger but he has been there long enough to know they dont do extensions till other priority things are done. Not like he is a FA right now.

Telesco said he will get to him. Telesco hasnt offered an extension to Rivers yet, he just said earlier in the year that he wants to.

As for LT, he hasnt talked to Rivers so it means nothing. If he feels that way, i wonder why he was upset that AJ released him? Fitting.

We can argue all day but im not worried about where Rivers will be. You can choose to believe the Media who has no insight or info from our front office. Im giving you the front offices comments on it.

None of this changes the fact that Rivers does not want to play for the Chargers and wants out. Just because you claim Telesco has not yet contacted Rivers about a new contract does not change the fact that Rivers has not knocked on Tom's door and said "hey, let's get this done."

Now is the perfect time for Rivers to be traded. If he does get traded I'm predicting it will be to TN. If he doesn't get traded to TN them I speculate that yes, indeed, he probably will re-up with SD.

DENVERDUI55
04-22-2015, 05:49 PM
Rivers will be a FA right when Manning retires. Hmmmm

pricejj
04-22-2015, 05:53 PM
Rivers will be a FA right when Manning retires. Hmmmm

And he loves playing in Mile High

Drunken.Broncoholic2
04-22-2015, 06:24 PM
Nope, Weddle is upset that he hasnt been offered an extention yet. Says he wants to retire a Charger but he has been there long enough to know they dont do extensions till other priority things are done. Not like he is a FA right now. Telesco said he will get to him.

Telesco hasnt offered an extension to Rivers yet, he just said earlier in the year that he wants to.

That's fine. I'm just going by what I see. A team who's made efforts to get a contract done, and a player who's flat out declined. There's no benefit for Rivers to wait if he wants to stay in SD. Benefits for him if he wants to play elsewhere though.

We just have to wait and see

oubronco
04-22-2015, 06:26 PM
I wouldn't count them going after RGIII out either. Elway was pretty enamored with him, he knows Shanahan/Kubiak's offense, was successful in it, and has been handed quite a few doses of humility since.

I'm not saying I'd do it, but I wouldn't be shocked if Elway did. They may view separating him and Snyder as just what the Dr ordered.

Though Kubiak would probably rather not after Mike's experience with Robert as a person.

I just talked myself full circle...

Oh Hell NO!!!!!!!!!!