PDA

View Full Version : Around The NFL:

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-20-2015, 01:29 PM
Lol never heard of Andy's WCO offense before. You should read up.

The one that produced ZERO TDs this year? I'm sure that's very attractive for FA WRs. Either way, it's FA. The part of the offseason that doesn't get you wins remember? Only build through the draft is the right way!

KCStud
02-20-2015, 02:25 PM
The one that produced ZERO TDs this year? I'm sure that's very attractive for FA WRs. Either way, it's FA. The part of the offseason that doesn't get you wins remember? Only build through the draft is the right way!

paying a combined $35 million last year for an old/injured Manning, Ware and Talib clearly put you over the top..

69bronco
02-20-2015, 02:41 PM
paying a combined $35 million last year for an old/injured Manning, Ware and Talib clearly put you over the top..

Best record in the NFL for the 3rd strait year

IndelibleScribe
02-20-2015, 02:59 PM
It could happen. Mariota has big question marks based on him being a complete unknown in terms of being a pro-style pocket passer. Very high risk pick and some GMs may not have the guts to risk a top 5 pick on him.

Too many QB needy teams and only 2 players that should go over a QB. Williams and Cooper. There is a severe drop off after Winston and Mariota. You have Hundley, Grayson, Petty and Mannion after those guys. Maybe Carden, Halliday or Bridge shoots up the board but for the most part you have two potential franchise QB's who will definitely go in the first round and then you have projects with potential.

KCStud
02-20-2015, 03:23 PM
Best record in the NFL for the 3rd strait year

And a one and done which is not better than what we've done.

peacepipe
02-20-2015, 04:39 PM
Too many QB needy teams and only 2 players that should go over a QB. Williams and Cooper. There is a severe drop off after Winston and Mariota. You have Hundley, Grayson, Petty and Mannion after those guys. Maybe Carden, Halliday or Bridge shoots up the board but for the most part you have two potential franchise QB's who will definitely go in the first round and then you have projects with potential.

Unfortunately for teams in need of a QB it's a bad yr to draft one. Any other yr and Winston is a low 1st rd pick at best and mariota a 2nd rounder.

Enter The Dragon
02-20-2015, 05:01 PM
Neither one of these 2 is a slam dunk anyway. With the right system, you can have a HOF QB in the middle to late rounds. It's a crap shoot.

IndelibleScribe
02-20-2015, 05:29 PM
Unfortunately for teams in need of a QB it's a bad yr to draft one. Any other yr and Winston is a low 1st rd pick at best and mariota a 2nd rounder.

Hackenberg is about the only QB who would trump either of those two and he has holes.

Hackenberg, Jones, Cook, Prescott and Goff are the top prospects. Mariota nor Winston was falling in the way that you say short of severe injury.

Gutless Drunk
02-20-2015, 06:38 PM

Agamemnon
02-20-2015, 06:43 PM

Err...I didn't say he wouldn't go in the first round. I said it's quite possible he will be available at #6.

Agamemnon
02-20-2015, 06:49 PM
Neither one of these 2 is a slam dunk anyway. With the right system, you can have a HOF QB in the middle to late rounds. It's a crap shoot.

Even if I was GM for a QB-needy team in the top 5 I'd still pass on both of them. Winston's physical ability is NFL-caliber but the dude needs a brain transplant for him to have a prayer of being a great NFL QB. Mariota has a shot, and I'd honestly draft him before Winston because he actually has a brain, but the system he comes from and his style of play are scary. Grayson and Carden are the two mid or late round guys I think have a shot at being good, but overall this draft is horrible for QBs.

IndelibleScribe
02-20-2015, 07:12 PM
Err...I didn't say he wouldn't go in the first round. I said it's quite possible he will be available at #6.

I know you didn't. I was emphasizing the issues in this QB class after those two. Those guys normally go top 5 when the class is this bad and they are so highly thought of.

Agamemnon
02-20-2015, 07:19 PM
I know you didn't. I was emphasizing the issues in this QB class after those two. Those guys normally go top 5 when the class is this bad and they are so highly thought of.

Neither is a top 5 prospect actually. Winston is a headcase and an idiot, and Mariota has huge questions regarding whether he can make the transition. While it's true teams may reach on them due to a lack of better options, I'm not assuming it will happen, especially twice out of five picks.

crush17
02-20-2015, 07:19 PM

A+

IndelibleScribe
02-20-2015, 07:39 PM
Neither is a top 5 prospect actually. Winston is a headcase and an idiot, and Mariota has huge questions regarding whether he can make the transition. While it's true teams may reach on them due to a lack of better options, I'm not assuming it will happen, especially twice out of five picks.

Not top 5 is a stretch. Talent wise both are top 5, Mariota has the issue of perception about spread QB's. Winston is a dirt bag. That does not effect their talent level as a prospect. Just their potential draft position.

Each has the tools you want in a QB prospect and NFL teams more and more these days want a QB who can move around in the pocket and make some plays with his feet when needed. Statues are somewhat of a dying breed due to the OL it takes to protect them and the exotic ways defenses can get to them.

Agamemnon
02-20-2015, 08:00 PM
Not top 5 is a stretch. Talent wise both are top 5, Mariota has the issue of perception about spread QB's. Winston is a dirt bag. That does not effect their talent level as a prospect. Just their potential draft position.

Each has the tools you want in a QB prospect and NFL teams more and more these days want a QB who can move around in the pocket and make some plays with his feet when needed. Statues are somewhat of a dying breed due to the OL it takes to protect them and the exotic ways defenses can get to them.

You are basically listing all the reasons they are not top 5 prospects, and then saying they are top 5 prospects. They are both reaches in the top 5, but they could still go there just because they are QBs and teams get desperate when it comes to that position.

IndelibleScribe
02-20-2015, 08:46 PM
You are basically listing all the reasons they are not top 5 prospects, and then saying they are top 5 prospects. They are both reaches in the top 5, but they could still go there just because they are QBs and teams get desperate when it comes to that position.

No I listed what effects their draft stock potentially. They are top 5 prospects regardless of those issues.
As we have seen in the past few drafts, if you are not a legit prospect even at QB they will not take you early.

peacepipe
02-21-2015, 07:11 AM

Only in this draft,any other draft they may fall to the 2nd.

peacepipe
02-21-2015, 07:13 AM
No I listed what effects their draft stock potentially. They are top 5 prospects regardless of those issues.
As we have seen in the past few drafts, if you are not a legit prospect even at QB they will not take you early.

Those were stronger yrs for drafting a QB.

ScottXray
02-21-2015, 10:19 AM

The CBA has made top 5 picks not so dangerous anymore. While they get paid, it is no where near what teams used to have to pay. And the draft is still a crap shoot. Top 5 picks should always result in starters, but if there is a player that is a position of need like QB and they might be a bit risky, you don't completely screw your franchise over with a bad contract too, anymore.

If the guy doesn't work out to his draft position you move on and he doesn't get a second deal.

IndelibleScribe
02-21-2015, 10:56 AM
Only in this draft,any other draft they may fall to the 2nd.

No they wouldn't. You could have Luck, Newton & RGIII in this draft and they would still go top 10-12.
Their talent, body of work and potential are of top 5 prospects for this draft. Neither would fall to the 2nd short of injury or regression. Neither would fall past pick 15-16 in a given draft year.

Those were stronger yrs for drafting a QB.

Matt Ryan's draft year was horrific. EJ Manuel's draft year was horrific. Just last year you had 1 QB taken in the top 21 selections. Sam Bradford was the only QB taken in the top 24 selections. Jamarcus Russell was the #1 pick and the next guy taken was Brady Quinn at #21.

More and more teams will pass on drafting a QB too high to avoid the Jake Locker's, Josh Freeman's, Mark Sanchez's, Blaine Gabbert's, Christian Ponder's types.
There has not been a single legitimate overdraft to work out at QB in recent memory. Winston nor Mariota are potential overdrafts, they have franchise level talent and potential. They are projected as potential franchise guys.

They may fail as most QB prospects do, but they are top 5 level talents in almost any draft in the past 10-15 years. This notion that only in this season would they be top draft picks is ludicrous.

Agamemnon
02-21-2015, 11:46 AM
Winston nor Mariota are potential overdrafts

Yes they are. Every player is a potential overdraft, especially players with huge question marks like those two have. I agree that neither would drop out of the top 15 any given year, but they are going to go higher than they probably should due to the position they play.

oubronco
02-21-2015, 12:33 PM
Adam Schefter ‏<S>@</S>AdamSchefter <SMALL class=time>11m11 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/569214962859675649) </SMALL>
As he prepares to be a free agent, Cowboys LB Rolando McClain facing 4-game fine for violating substance abuse policy, per <S>@</S>toddarcher (https://twitter.com/toddarcher) and I

IndelibleScribe
02-21-2015, 12:37 PM
Yes they are. Every player is a potential overdraft, especially players with huge question marks like those two have. I agree that neither would drop out of the top 15 any given year, but they are going to go higher than they probably should due to the position they play.

Not every guy is a potential overdraft. Some have a slot where their value is excellent. Anything in the top 5 is good value for Winston and Mariota.
A overdraft is Christian Ponder #12, a overdraft is George Foster in the first round. Yes it only takes one team to love a guy but you cannot overdraft Mariota or Winston.

IndelibleScribe
02-21-2015, 12:38 PM
Adam Schefter ‏<S>@</S>AdamSchefter <SMALL class=time>11m11 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/569214962859675649) </SMALL>
As he prepares to be a free agent, Cowboys LB Rolando McClain facing 4-game fine for violating substance abuse policy, per <S>@</S>toddarcher (https://twitter.com/toddarcher) and I

I swear to God that mother****er is stupid. Jesus, you just got back into the league and are highly regarded as a player again.

oubronco
02-21-2015, 06:30 PM
Jason La Canfora ‏<S>@</S>JasonLaCanfora <SMALL class=time>25s26 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/569307838960537600) </SMALL>
Marshawn Lynch has a new deal in place with the Seahawks according to league sources.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora · 10s10 seconds ago
Would expect formalization of Lynch deal in coming days. Will include $12M in 1st year, $9M in 2nd year w/SEA aware he may retire after '15

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora · 6m6 minutes ago
Doug Hendrickson, agent for Marshawn Lynch, says "there is no deal done." I continue to hear SEA has offer on table that will result in deal

IndelibleScribe
02-21-2015, 08:02 PM
Jason La Canfora ‏<S>@</S>JasonLaCanfora <SMALL class=time>25s26 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/569307838960537600) </SMALL>
Marshawn Lynch has a new deal in place with the Seahawks according to league sources.

Would expect formalization of Lynch deal in coming days. Will include $12M in 1st year, $9M in 2nd year w/SEA aware he may retire after '15

Doug Hendrickson, agent for Marshawn Lynch, says "there is no deal done." I continue to hear SEA has offer on table that will result in deal

He's worth it. That offense will not be the same without him. He helps that offense tick.

broncosteven
02-22-2015, 08:21 PM
Brady Quinn mounting a comeback.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000473320/article/brady-quinn-reportedly-hopes-to-make-nfl-comeback

Agamemnon
02-22-2015, 08:56 PM
Not every guy is a potential overdraft. Some have a slot where their value is excellent. Anything in the top 5 is good value for Winston and Mariota.
A overdraft is Christian Ponder #12, a overdraft is George Foster in the first round. Yes it only takes one team to love a guy but you cannot overdraft Mariota or Winston.

Of course you can. Just because there is a consensus on a guy doesn't mean that's his actual value. Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell were overdrafted despite nearly everyone agreeing they were top 5 picks. The consensus is very often wrong on players, and just because it's a consensus doesn't mean those players aren't overdrafted.

Agamemnon
02-22-2015, 08:57 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000473320/article/brady-quinn-reportedly-hopes-to-make-nfl-comeback

Hilarious!

IndelibleScribe
02-22-2015, 09:17 PM

The one former Broncos QB who actually has a chance.

IndelibleScribe
02-22-2015, 09:19 PM
Of course you can. Just because there is a consensus on a guy doesn't mean that's his actual value. Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell were overdrafted despite nearly everyone agreeing they were top 5 picks. The consensus is very often wrong on players, and just because it's a consensus doesn't mean those players aren't overdrafted.

The consensus was on their talent level. I am talking about talent. Not make up or anything else.

Agamemnon
02-22-2015, 09:58 PM
The consensus was on their talent level. I am talking about talent. Not make up or anything else.

Teams that draft purely based on talent overdraft regularly because they don't understand how much success in the NFL is dependent on other factors. Winston has #1 talent as a passer but is very likely to implode as a millionaire football player based on past events. That means drafting him #1 is likely overdrafting him. Mariota has top 5 talent but the offense he played in and his tendencies as a QB do not project into a great QB in the NFL. He's basically a project player with a lot of potential. Drafting him in the top 5 is overdrafting him. In a world where losing teams weren't so desperate for a QB Winston would go somewhere between #3 and #7 and Mariota would go somewhere between #10 and #15.

DENVERDUI55
02-22-2015, 10:02 PM
Nobody knows if any of the QB's are franchise in this draft. Only time will tell.

oubronco
02-23-2015, 10:12 AM
Albert Breer ‏<S>@</S>AlbertBreer <SMALL class=time>22m22 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/569901531748818944) </SMALL>
So if cap is $143M ... Dez/Demaryius cost $12.80M, JPP costs $14.78M, McCourty costs $9.6M. JHouston = complicated. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000470843/article/estimated-franchise-tag-figures?campaign=Twitter_atl … (http://t.co/M0JBRddwmB)

Rohirrim
02-23-2015, 11:04 AM

Pay him and then don't play him when he's needed the most? ???

broncosteven
02-23-2015, 11:51 AM
Pay him and then don't play him when he's needed the most? ???

Now I have a bad 70's song stuck in my head.

69bronco
02-23-2015, 12:18 PM
I saw this and thought I'd share Ha!
http://wac.9ebf.edgecastcdn.net/809EBF/ec-origin.chicago.barstoolsports.com/files/2015/02/Screen-Shot-2015-02-18-at-6.46.05-PM-480x255.png
http://wac.9ebf.edgecastcdn.net/809EBF/ec-origin.chicago.barstoolsports.com/files/2015/02/Screen-Shot-2015-02-18-at-6.46.17-PM-480x198.png
http://wac.9ebf.edgecastcdn.net/809EBF/ec-origin.chicago.barstoolsports.com/files/2015/02/Screen-Shot-2015-02-18-at-6.46.21-PM-480x199.png
http://wac.9ebf.edgecastcdn.net/809EBF/ec-origin.chicago.barstoolsports.com/files/2015/02/Screen-Shot-2015-02-18-at-6.46.28-PM-480x199.png

Agamemnon
02-23-2015, 01:45 PM
Some players really have their heads up their asses these days. Getting into a twitter fight with some random dude on the internet because he says something that bothers you? Jesus. Teams need to get these guys PR consultants.

stopgap
02-23-2015, 01:58 PM
Some players really have their heads up their asses these days. Getting into a twitter fight with some random dude on the internet because he says something that bothers you? Jesus. Teams need to get these guys PR consultants.

I nominate Cito

oubronco
02-23-2015, 03:32 PM
ProFootballTalk ‏<S>@</S>ProFootballTalk <SMALL class=time>32m32 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/569979917951246336) </SMALL>
Cardinals release Ted Ginn http://wp.me/p14QSB-9IjF (http://wp.me/p14QSB-9IjF)

Punt returner?

IndelibleScribe
02-23-2015, 03:49 PM
Teams that draft purely based on talent overdraft regularly because they don't understand how much success in the NFL is dependent on other factors. Winston has #1 talent as a passer but is very likely to implode as a millionaire football player based on past events. That means drafting him #1 is likely overdrafting him. Mariota has top 5 talent but the offense he played in and his tendencies as a QB do not project into a great QB in the NFL. He's basically a project player with a lot of potential. Drafting him in the top 5 is overdrafting him. In a world where losing teams weren't so desperate for a QB Winston would go somewhere between #3 and #7 and Mariota would go somewhere between #10 and #15.

Plenty of teams draft on talent and take risks on guys that pan out. Usually the teams that draft bad due to drafting for need, drafting a fit for their culture instead of a more talented guy who they can mold into it or they simply have no idea what they are doing.

Every prospect is a risk in some way. You can forgive stupidity if the talent is there.

LikeABoss5820
02-23-2015, 04:07 PM
ProFootballTalk ‏<S>@</S>ProFootballTalk <SMALL class=time>32m32 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/569979917951246336) </SMALL>

Punt returner?

No, Norwood.

IndelibleScribe
02-23-2015, 04:16 PM
No, Norwood.

I think a WR like Lockett could end up being a draft pick of ours and taking over the return man duties.

oubronco
02-23-2015, 04:37 PM
That would work too

DENVERDUI55
02-23-2015, 08:00 PM

Punt returner?No thanks he sucked last year.

Gutless Drunk
02-24-2015, 08:09 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Browns new logo... <a href="http://t.co/MoagEqMYvB">pic.twitter.com/MoagEqMYvB</a></p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/570253961741131776">February 24, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

???

ColoradoDarin
02-24-2015, 09:20 AM
I still don't get why the Browns color is orange. Terrible logo for a terrible team.

2KBack
02-24-2015, 09:24 AM
I still don't get why the Browns color is orange. Terrible logo for a terrible team.

Well, the Browns are not named for the color, it's for the founder Paul Brown.

ColoradoDarin
02-24-2015, 09:27 AM
Well, the Browns are not named for the color, it's for the founder Paul Brown.

I knew that, but once you name the team "The Browns"....

New logo should be:

http://anniemachon.ch/wp-content/uploads/turd.png

2KBack
02-24-2015, 09:37 AM
I knew that, but once you name the team "The Browns"....

New logo should be:

http://anniemachon.ch/wp-content/uploads/turd.png

I remember thinking it was kinda racist when I was a kid.

Kaylore
02-24-2015, 09:50 AM
lol at the posts on this page.

Ratboy
02-24-2015, 10:49 AM
Brown facemask is cool... i guess?

LikeABoss5820
02-24-2015, 10:59 AM
Bill Williamson @BWilliamsonESPN (https://twitter.com/BWilliamsonESPN) (https://twitter.com/BWilliamsonESPN/status/570271666540032000) Hearing buzz if WIz leaves, could be a real possibility, <s>#</s>Raiders (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Raiders?src=hash) make sense for a run at Hudson.

BroncosfanGuy
02-24-2015, 11:16 AM
William Williamson is the Oakland guy for disney's sports channel now?

Tombstone RJ
02-24-2015, 11:31 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Browns new logo... <a href="http://t.co/MoagEqMYvB">pic.twitter.com/MoagEqMYvB</a></p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/570253961741131776">February 24, 2015</a></blockquote>

???

I don't get it.

Gutless Drunk
02-25-2015, 08:09 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Giants cut running back Peyton Hillis</p>&mdash; Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) <a href="https://twitter.com/RavensInsider/status/570599536848191489">February 25, 2015</a></blockquote>

Rohirrim
02-25-2015, 08:24 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Giants cut running back Peyton Hillis</p>&mdash; Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) <a href="https://twitter.com/RavensInsider/status/570599536848191489">February 25, 2015</a></blockquote>

Hide your wives!

Kaylore
02-25-2015, 09:10 AM
Hide your wives!

Go_denethor just creamed his pants.

baja
02-25-2015, 09:21 AM
Can Hillis play full back?

IndelibleScribe
02-25-2015, 09:31 AM
I don't get it.

They threw in some brown on the face mask, made the orange darker and think everyone will forget that their team is dog ****.
They have a lot of talent on D and two studs on the OL.

No QB, no RB, no WR's, no chance in hell.

crush17
02-25-2015, 10:09 AM
LMFAO has this been posted yet??

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2015/02/designing-the-new-browns-logo.html

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Poorlyrun-300x231.png

Gutless Drunk
02-25-2015, 10:17 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Ravens?src=hash">#Ravens</a> have released WR Jacoby Jones, who was due $2.5M. Doesn’t even save any cap space.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/570631319224328192">February 25, 2015</a></blockquote>

IndelibleScribe
02-25-2015, 10:50 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Ravens?src=hash">#Ravens</a> have released WR Jacoby Jones, who was due $2.5M. Doesn’t even save any cap space.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/570631319224328192">February 25, 2015</a></blockquote>

Ok, that's interesting.

bronco militia
02-25-2015, 10:55 AM

not true

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Terminate-Jacoby-Jones-Contract/f92dee74-fc7d-4be7-94ef-281cd877a543?mobile-id=910600&media-type=N

bronco militia
02-25-2015, 10:56 AM
If Elway were on the Mane, he'd sign Jacoby Jones just to bury him on the depth chart and torpedo his career for vengeance

LOL

only if he read the Mane

Kaylore
02-25-2015, 11:23 AM
If Elway were on the Mane, he'd sign Jacoby Jones just to bury him on the depth chart and torpedo his career for vengeance

And jealousy.

Gutless Drunk
02-25-2015, 11:36 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/RavensNation?src=hash">#RavensNation</a> it's been real..... <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/luv?src=hash">#luv</a></p>&mdash; Jacoby jones (@TheRealJacoby12) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheRealJacoby12/status/570637051491520513">February 25, 2015</a></blockquote>

DENVERDUI55
02-25-2015, 11:38 AM

He should have buried the dream then.

69bronco
02-25-2015, 11:48 AM
Sign him we need a returner and depth guy.. Kinda like Andre Caldwell but actually good enough to play in the NFL.

BroncosMT
02-25-2015, 02:58 PM
Packers cut AJ Hawk per nfl.com

Ratboy
02-25-2015, 03:06 PM
What is this Dez Bryant video everyone keeps talking about?

Gutless Drunk
02-25-2015, 03:15 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Lions cut RB Reggie Bush, per source.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/570707684237955073">February 25, 2015</a></blockquote>

LikeABoss5820
02-25-2015, 03:25 PM
Sign him we need a returner and depth guy.. Kinda like Andre Caldwell but actually good enough to play in the NFL.

Got Norwood whose cheaper, no thanks.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-25-2015, 04:00 PM
Got Norwood whose cheaper, no thanks.

There's no reason to keep a roster spot just for a guy like Norwood. He's returned a total of 4 punts in his life. It would be preferable if we get a guy who can also play some receiver, unless they think he can do that too. But he's hardly untouchable

bronco militia
02-25-2015, 04:06 PM
the Packers released AJ Hawk

CEH
02-25-2015, 04:09 PM
Dez Video
5x worst than the Ray Rice videos

Shefter confirms the video exists

Stay tuned

http://national.suntimes.com/nfl/7/72/702314/dez-bryant-video-confirmed

bronco militia
02-25-2015, 04:15 PM
Dez Video
5x worst than the Ray Rice videos

Shefter confirms the video exists

Stay tuned

http://national.suntimes.com/nfl/7/72/702314/dez-bryant-video-confirmed

well that cleared everything up Ha!

bronco militia
02-25-2015, 04:19 PM
"We have never seen any video."

-Roger Goodell, right after he re-watches the video.

69bronco
02-25-2015, 04:24 PM
What could you do at Walmart that is 10x worse than knocking out your wife and dragging her out of an elevator?

SonOfLe-loLang
02-25-2015, 04:26 PM
What could you do at Walmart that is 10x worse than knocking out your wife and dragging her out of an elevator?

I heard he knocked someone out in a parking lot and put a gun in his mouth or something. Lets just say its all true, the one good thing for him is its apparently 5 years old.

Br0nc0Buster
02-25-2015, 04:44 PM
He apparently did something as someone posted a tweet he sent out recently saying he does not apologize for any past behaviors as it made him what he is today

Shefter also said he has been working on this since September

BroncoBeavis
02-25-2015, 04:45 PM
the Packers released AJ Hawk

Went to look this up and the article said Hawk's a 9 year vet now.

Damn I'm old.

bronco militia
02-25-2015, 04:47 PM
Went to look this up and the article said Hawk's a 9 year vet now.

Damn I'm old.

LOL.....I damn near had the same reaction.

I always thought he was over rated.

BroncoBeavis
02-25-2015, 04:51 PM
LOL.....I damn near had the same reaction.

I always thought he was over rated.

I think that's a prerequisite for being a white shaggyhaired Packer.

bronco militia
02-25-2015, 04:53 PM
I think that's a prerequisite for being an Ohio alum, white, shaggyhaired Packer.

FYP

BroncoBeavis
02-25-2015, 04:59 PM
I think that's a prerequisite for being a USC/Ohio alum, white, shaggyhaired Packer..

FYFYP

bowtown
02-25-2015, 07:14 PM
He's married to Brady Quinn in drag.

69bronco
02-25-2015, 07:48 PM
I heard he knocked someone out in a parking lot and put a gun in his mouth or something. Lets just say its all true, the one good thing for him is its apparently 5 years old.

If it's really 5 years old I think the public's statute of limitations will be expire and this be under the bridge pretty quick. Hell Rolando McClain put a gun to someone's head too and people could care less.

Kaylore
02-25-2015, 08:27 PM
He's married to Brady Quinn in drag.

She totally looks like a dude.

bronco militia
02-25-2015, 09:21 PM
She totally looks like a dude.

That chick's a dude!

bowtown
02-25-2015, 09:38 PM
That chick's a dude!

I'm telling you, it IS Brady Quinn. I have a source.

bronco militia
02-25-2015, 10:24 PM
http://www.themightymjd.com/uploaded_images/bradyssister-764106.jpg

ColoradoDarin
02-26-2015, 06:29 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/nf0oXY4nDxE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DENVERDUI55
02-26-2015, 08:31 AM
Reggie Bush will probably sign a cheap deal with the Pats and be an upgrade over Vereen.

ColoradoDarin
02-26-2015, 10:46 AM
Judge Doty has overturned Adrian Peterson decision and Peterson now will be reinstated, per source.

Per Schefter on FB

IndelibleScribe
02-26-2015, 11:02 AM
Per Schefter on FB

Doesn't shock me. If it goes to Doty he is very player friendly and most of the time it's a weak case by the league.

oubronco
02-27-2015, 10:12 AM
Jason La Canfora ‏<S>@</S>JasonLaCanfora <SMALL class=time>4m4 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/571356144603672577) </SMALL>
Ravens announce release of Chris Canty as they continue to try to create cap space for 2015 moves

Kaylore
02-27-2015, 10:19 AM
Jason La Canfora ‏<S>@</S>JasonLaCanfora <SMALL class=time>4m4 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/571356144603672577) </SMALL>
Ravens announce release of Chris Canty as they continue to try to create cap space for 2015 moves

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/ac1394dbdcca6a36cbf486633b129cd813095ac3/r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2013/03/04/flacco-press-conference-3_4_13-4_3.jpg

Ratboy
02-27-2015, 12:49 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/27/nfl-considering-changes-to-combine-drills/

They need to do more than tweak a few of these drills. Put these players in pads and let them go after each other.

swaiy
02-27-2015, 12:52 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/27/nfl-considering-changes-to-combine-drills/

They need to do more than tweak a few of these drills. Put these players in pads and let them go after each other.

This would be a good idea but not withstanding certain circumstances. That would increase risk for injury. If you get an injury you're screwed as a player

ColoradoDarin
02-27-2015, 01:16 PM

Or you could just watch film of actual games??

oubronco
02-27-2015, 02:02 PM
http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/ac1394dbdcca6a36cbf486633b129cd813095ac3/r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2013/03/04/flacco-press-conference-3_4_13-4_3.jpg.

IndelibleScribe
02-27-2015, 02:12 PM
http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/ac1394dbdcca6a36cbf486633b129cd813095ac3/r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2013/03/04/flacco-press-conference-3_4_13-4_3.jpg

Franchise QB... LOL

IndelibleScribe
02-27-2015, 02:14 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Cardinals announced they released Darnell Dockett.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/571417781134102528">February 27, 2015</a></blockquote>

If Pot Roast leaves... I am just saying...

69bronco
02-27-2015, 02:18 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Cardinals announced they released Darnell Dockett.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/571417781134102528">February 27, 2015</a></blockquote>

Isn't he a de?

IndelibleScribe
02-27-2015, 02:21 PM
Isn't he a de?

He plays both DE and DT. He was a pure DT before the Cards moved to the 3-4 defense.

DENVERDUI55
02-27-2015, 02:37 PM

There is the 1 gap NT for wade.

LikeABoss5820
02-27-2015, 03:07 PM
Meh he's 34 years old and coming off an ACL injury, pass.

IndelibleScribe
02-27-2015, 03:09 PM

Using the ACL logic then the player in your avatar should have not been re-signed.

Requiem
02-27-2015, 03:32 PM
Dockett has been my favorite non-Bronco since he came into the league. Worth considering if knee is OK. Cut players won't impact compensatory formula when in house guys leave. He can still play.

I expect Miami to sign Charles Clay to a extension with Hartline and Gibson cut. Setting the potential market value for Thomas, Gresham, etc.

Clay prediction: 4 years, 25/27M.

IndelibleScribe
02-27-2015, 03:36 PM
Dockett has been my favorite non-Bronco since he came into the league. Worth considering if knee is OK. Cut players won't impact compensatory formula when in house guys leave. He can still play.

I expect Miami to sign Charles Clay to a extension with Hartline and Gibson cut. Setting the potential market value for Thomas, Gresham, etc.

Clay prediction: 4 years, 25/27M.

BOOOOOOOOO!!!! I dislike your Clay theory as it interferes with my hope that he becomes a Bronco.
Though you are likely right. Though if he stays in Miami I would say 28-31 mil for 4.

LikeABoss5820
02-27-2015, 03:40 PM
Using the ACL logic then the player in your avatar should have not been re-signed.

1- It was partial.

2- Harris was playing this year and showed the knee was no issue.

3- Harris isnt 34 years old.

Bad comparison.

I wouldnt hate Dockett, but going off cut players, i'd go for Canty or Devito if KC cuts him since they're strapped.

Requiem
02-27-2015, 03:40 PM
I would love Clay here too. Just makes sense MIA pays him. Wallace could be traded so that leaves them with Landry. If they cant sign Clay they are ****ed.

LikeABoss5820
02-27-2015, 03:41 PM
I'd love Clay as a Bronco under Kubes but with them cut and maybe Wallace next, you figure they'll re-sign him before FA starts.

Requiem
02-27-2015, 03:57 PM
I'd love Clay as a Bronco under Kubes but with them cut and maybe Wallace next, you figure they'll re-sign him before FA starts.

I dont see how cutting or trading Wallace helps them now. Who takes on that cap #? They wouldnt get a ransom and would be down to Landry. Wallace gets a year to figure **** out. They will draft a guy too.

cmhargrove
02-27-2015, 04:10 PM

It sure it tempting to sign him with a performance related contract. He was a top 10 type player before his injury.

underrated29
02-27-2015, 04:11 PM
Clay was my #1 target but I knew Mia wasnt going to let him leave.

Gresham, Cameron, Kendricks, Ferret face, and off chance of VD...We still have plenty of solid vets to choose from.

LikeABoss5820
02-27-2015, 04:12 PM
Yeah i just saw they dont save much if he's cut, probably best to keep him for another year.

IndelibleScribe
02-27-2015, 06:31 PM
1- It was partial.

2- Harris was playing this year and showed the knee was no issue.

3- Harris isnt 34 years old.

Bad comparison.

I wouldnt hate Dockett, but going off cut players, i'd go for Canty or Devito if KC cuts him since they're strapped.

You didn't denote partial or full. You just said, acl and 34 pass.
He was a top notch player before the ACL injury and even at 34 isn't likely to lose much due to the injury as ACL injuries are not what they once were even at his age.

There would be no harm in taking a chance on him.

SouthStndJunkie
02-28-2015, 12:31 PM
Josh McCown signing a three year deal with the Browns would be laughable, if they weren't so pathetic and inept at everything they do.

Whose the GM of that team, Grimace or Big Bird?

I'm no genius, but I know without a shard of doubt that I could build and run a team better than that clown factory.

I was no huge fan of Brian Hoyer, but he's a lot better of a QB at 29 years old than Josh McCown, who will be 36 years old next season and has looked like dog **** for his entire career, outside of a small stretch of games in 2013 with the Bears.

I thought Jimmy Haslam might be a decent owner when he bought the team, but he's the biggest dumb **** of them all.

All that Flying J Fool has done is **** up again and again.

I'm a loyal fan and stick with my teams, but I don't blame Browns fans for wanting to kick that team into Lake Erie.

The worst part for them is knowing the team that Art Modell moved ended up being one of the best run franchises in football and have won a couple of Super Bowls in Baltimore.

Their best player Josh Gordon is suspended for all of next season, the QB they hung their hopes on is in rehab with 'serious' issues', their best coach, offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan got out of Dodge after one dysfunctional season, and their GM was texting the coaches during games last season, which is a huge no-no....and they will lose draft picks because of that.

To top it off, their shiny headed bald coach was an asshole high school coach not that long ago and who is a dead ringer for that smarmy porn producer, whose name I can't think of....he's made a lot of female glory hole videos.

What a giant festering cluster**** of a franchise.

Quick Browns fans, run out and get your Josh McCown jerseys....those 6 TDs and 18 INTs are going to be a sight to behold next season.

/rant

Agamemnon
02-28-2015, 12:43 PM
Josh McCown signing a three year deal with the Browns would be laughable, if they weren't so pathetic and inept at everything they do.

I'm no genius, but I know without a shard of doubt that I could build and run a team better than that clown factory.

I was no huge fan of Brian Hoyer, but he's a lot better of a QB at 29 years old than Josh McCown, who will be 36 years old next season and has looked like dog **** for his entire career, outside of a small stretch of games in 2013 with the Bears.

I thought Jimmy Haslam might be a decent owner when he bought the team, but he's the biggest dumb **** of them all.

I'm a loyal fan and stick with my teams, but I don't blame Browns fans for wanting to kick that team into Lake Erie.

The worst part for them is knowing the team that Art Modell moved ended up being one of the best run franchises in football and have won a couple of Super Bowls in Baltimore.

Their best player Josh Gordon is suspended for all of next season, the QB they hung their hopes on is in rehab with 'serious' issues', their best coach, offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan got out of Dodge after one dysfunctional season, and their GM was texting the coaches during games last season, which is a huge no-no....and they will lose draft picks because of that.

To top it off, their shiny headed bald coach was an a-hole high school coach not that long ago and who is a dead ringer for that smarmy porn producer, whose name I can't think of....he's made a lot of female glory hole videos.

Quick Browns fans, run out and get your Josh McCown jerseys....those 6 TDs and 18 INTs are going to be a sight to behold next season.

/rant

Hilarious!

As soon as the Browns drafted Manziel I knew all my concerns with the guy were going to come to fruition. That franchise is literally the worst in sports. Everything they touch turns to **** and every decision they make is the absolute worst possible decision. It's amazing really.

broncosteven
02-28-2015, 03:05 PM
I wouldn't mind Dockett for a couple of years if they can't resign Pot Roast. DT's can play well deep into their careers and Dockett has been a good one. Didn't Wilfork have a worse injury?

Agamemnon
02-28-2015, 03:17 PM

Means he'll come cheap. Little risk involved, so why not?

LikeABoss5820
02-28-2015, 03:43 PM
Means he'll come cheap. Little risk involved, so why not?

I'd take him cheap, for sure, i'm not sure that will be the case though.

We need some bodies on the DL, long-term regardless.

Only one signed after next year is Sly.

I'd draft one, and sign a few in FA.

Austin, Malik, Wolfe all FA's after this year.

Agamemnon
02-28-2015, 04:01 PM
I'd take him cheap, for sure, i'm not sure that will be the case though.

We need some bodies on the DL, long-term regardless.

Only one signed after next year is Sly.

I'd draft one, and sign a few in FA.

Austin, Malik, Wolfe all FA's after this year.

At that age, coming off an ACL tear, he'll come cheap. No doubt about it.

LikeABoss5820
02-28-2015, 04:01 PM
At that age, coming off an ACL tear, he'll come cheap. No doubt about it.

Depends what you mean by cheap.

2 years, 6 mil total?

Agamemnon
02-28-2015, 04:11 PM
Depends what you mean by cheap.

2 years, 6 mil total?

Probably less. But I'd be okay with that if it happened.

KipCorrington25
02-28-2015, 04:17 PM

To top it off, their shiny headed bald coach was an a-hole high school coach not that long ago and who is a dead ringer for that smarmy porn producer, whose name I can't think of....he's made a lot of female glory hole videos.

/rant

All fine but no reason to be a baldist that's over the line.

SouthStndJunkie
02-28-2015, 04:48 PM
All fine but no reason to be a baldist that's over the line.

I'm not knocking Mike Pettine for his baldness, man can't help his genetic injustices, I just abhor the assholish manner in which he presents it....he's got the 'asshole' look down pat.

oubronco
03-02-2015, 03:04 PM
MileHighReport ‏<S>@</S>MileHighReport <SMALL class=time>13m13 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/MileHighReport/status/572514203761831936) </SMALL>
NY <S>#</S>Giants (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Giants?src=hash) cut former <S>#</S>Broncos (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Broncos?src=hash) OL J.D. Walton. More from <S>@</S>bigblueview (https://twitter.com/bigblueview) http://www.bigblueview.com/2015/3/2/8115999/jd-walton … (http://t.co/7mVirueXNg)

Agamemnon
03-02-2015, 03:16 PM
MileHighReport ‏<S>@</S>MileHighReport <SMALL class=time>13m13 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/MileHighReport/status/572514203761831936) </SMALL>
NY <S>#</S>Giants (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Giants?src=hash) cut former <S>#</S>Broncos (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Broncos?src=hash) OL J.D. Walton. More from <S>@</S>bigblueview (https://twitter.com/bigblueview) http://www.bigblueview.com/2015/3/2/8115999/jd-walton … (http://t.co/7mVirueXNg)

Not surprising. Walton sucks big time.

oubronco
03-02-2015, 03:20 PM
Pro Football Focus ‏<S>@</S>PFF <SMALL class=time>15m15 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/PFF/status/572518208504238080) </SMALL>
Revis went 14.8 coverage snaps per target this season in NE. Better than all corners other than Sherman (17.8) and Vontae (15.5)

Gutless Drunk
03-02-2015, 06:32 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Texans gave Andre Johnson permission to seek a trade. Told him he'd have a reduced role next season. He asked to be traded or cut instead.</p>&mdash; John McClain (@McClain_on_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/572568134625841152">March 3, 2015</a></blockquote>

69bronco
03-02-2015, 06:46 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Texans gave Andre Johnson permission to seek a trade. Told him he'd have a reduced role next season. He asked to be traded or cut instead.</p>&mdash; John McClain (@McClain_on_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/572568134625841152">March 3, 2015</a></blockquote>

I'd love to see him in orange and blue and reunited with kubes, could probably teach DT a thing or 2 about not being such a softie too.

LikeABoss5820
03-02-2015, 06:58 PM
I'd love to see him in orange and blue and reunited with kubes, could probably teach DT a thing or 2 about not being such a softie too.

Too bad there's a salary cap.

Andre could teach Peyton about not being a pussy too.

69bronco
03-02-2015, 07:03 PM
Too bad there's a salary cap.

Andre could teach Peyton about not being a p***Y too.

I bet he could be had for less than Welker's 13' and 14' cap hit and be more productive.

LikeABoss5820
03-02-2015, 07:13 PM
I bet he could be had for less than Welker's 13' and 14' cap hit and be more productive.

I doubt that, we dont need 3 WR's making biggish money.

Too many other needs.

Even if so, let Latimer grow.

oubronco
03-02-2015, 08:42 PM

"This won't make Manning happy" huh Chrissy

69bronco
03-02-2015, 08:43 PM
I doubt that, we dont need 3 WR's making biggish money.

Too many other needs.

Even if so, let Latimer grow.

I agree, but it'd be nice.

LikeABoss5820
03-02-2015, 08:49 PM
I agree, but it'd be nice.

Not disagreeing, i'd rather grab a TE if we wanted to add a weapon.

IndelibleScribe
03-02-2015, 11:05 PM

Damn, I want to bring him in but at the same time it is not possible.

Traveler
03-03-2015, 03:03 AM

Pass! No more old guys. All FA's should be 28 or less. Plus, the possibility of bringing him in would stunt the growth of Latimer.

oubronco
03-03-2015, 09:18 AM
ProFootballTalk ‏<S>@</S>ProFootballTalk <SMALL class=time>2h2 hours ago (https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/572760002995326976) </SMALL>
Cardinals had offered Darnell Dockett a deal worth up to $4 million before he was released http://wp.me/p14QSB-9IDq (http://t.co/O8Xat9HxeY)

Drunken.Broncoholic2
03-03-2015, 09:36 AM
"This won't make Manning happy" huh Chrissy

Hilarious!

But but but texxxxxxxannnnnnssssss!

IndelibleScribe
03-03-2015, 12:03 PM
Hilarious!

But but but texxxxxxxannnnnnssssss!

Were never a threat, will never be a threat and Manning will be a Bronco or retire.

Agamemnon
03-03-2015, 12:11 PM
Andre Johnson is old and does not address any need. Would be a total waste of time and money. We need to address actual needs in FA, not sign big names just because they are big names.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-03-2015, 12:31 PM
The Hayne Plane signed with San Fran. Curious to see if he can carve out any sort of NFL career. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12411793/jarryd-hayne-former-rugby-league-player-announces-intent-earn-san-francisco-49ers-roster-spot

SonOfLe-loLang
03-03-2015, 12:40 PM
Spoiler: He can't

Yeah, odds are really stacked against him. I can see maybe as a special teamer, but i cant see him making it in any sort of skill position. Great athlete though.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-03-2015, 12:59 PM
That roster's too good for him to even get a legitimate chance as opposed to drafted players.

true. He'll probably be playing rugby again by this time next year. I suppose there's no real harm in him taking a shot.

Agamemnon
03-03-2015, 04:21 PM
The Hayne Plane signed with San Fran. Curious to see if he can carve out any sort of NFL career. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12411793/jarryd-hayne-former-rugby-league-player-announces-intent-earn-san-francisco-49ers-roster-spot

Why on earth wouldn't he go to a more talent starved team where he'd have a better shot? Not a chance he makes the 49ers' roster.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-03-2015, 04:27 PM
Why on earth wouldn't he go to a more talent starved team where he'd have a better shot? Not a chance he makes the 49ers' roster.

got 100k guaranteed.

Agamemnon
03-03-2015, 04:28 PM
got 100k guaranteed.

Aha, yeah that'll do it. :P

Smiling Assassin27
03-03-2015, 04:36 PM
Wow..

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Filed to ESPN: Bills have notified LB Kiko Alonso he is going to be traded to Philadelphia for RB LeSean McCoy. Trade official next week.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/572902611755659264">March 3, 2015</a></blockquote>

SonOfLe-loLang
03-03-2015, 04:44 PM
Wow..

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Filed to ESPN: Bills have notified LB Kiko Alonso he is going to be traded to Philadelphia for RB LeSean McCoy. Trade official next week.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/572902611755659264">March 3, 2015</a></blockquote>

wow...thats kinda weird

Requiem
03-03-2015, 04:46 PM
Wow. McCoy to BUF and Alonso to PHI. Wasn't Kiko hurt all last year?

Who does PHI have @ RB?

Shananahan
03-03-2015, 04:47 PM
Christ.

Requiem
03-03-2015, 04:49 PM
Guess Spiller will go elsewhere.

Agamemnon
03-03-2015, 04:50 PM
Wow..

I'm assuming that's not a straight 1 for 1 trade. There has to be picks or something involved.

WolfpackGuy
03-03-2015, 04:55 PM
McCoy for Alonso? What?

Bizarre.

Smiling Assassin27
03-03-2015, 04:57 PM
1 for 1 trade from what I've seen.

TonyR
03-03-2015, 04:57 PM
I'm assuming that's not a straight 1 for 1 trade. There has to be picks or something involved.

Why? McCoy has a huge cap number at a position that just isn't worth huge money in the NFL any more. The main issue from the Eagles perspective is that they now have no RB.

LikeABoss5820
03-03-2015, 04:59 PM
Eagles have alot of cap space now, but still kinda weird.

ColoradoDarin
03-03-2015, 04:59 PM
Did not see that coming.

IndelibleScribe
03-03-2015, 05:02 PM
Wow..

It makes no sense. For Buffalo yes because they are switching defenses and style of play. They need a game changer to go with Watkins and to hope a QB can help them along for now.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
03-03-2015, 05:13 PM
Rex gonna Rex for his RB

BroncosfanGuy
03-03-2015, 05:16 PM
The main issue from the Eagles perspective is that they now have no RB.

that's pretty much a total non-issue in today's NFL. I assume they will pick up either R Bush or CJ Spiller

ShiftyEyedWaterboy
03-03-2015, 05:17 PM
What does this mean for my fantasy team? I probably wouldn't use my keeper on McCoy anyway but how do you guys think he will do in BUF?

69bronco
03-03-2015, 05:22 PM
That's a blockbuster trade. I think philly got the better deal, imo mesean is a douchey asswipe who only cares about his stats. Alonzo was awesome as a rookie.

Kaylore
03-03-2015, 05:28 PM
I love Shaddy McCoy.

TonyR
03-03-2015, 05:29 PM
I assume they will pick up either R Bush or CJ Spiller

Bush isn't remotely a 20 carry guy though. Spiller maybe, hasn't he had health issues?

iforgotmypassword
03-03-2015, 05:31 PM
Kiko Alonzo was an absolute monster his rookie year. Completely dominated and under the radar. They probably want another completely underrated player (Darren Sproles) to see the field more and will a Reggie Bush or someone. Win for both teams.

Agamemnon
03-03-2015, 05:32 PM
Bush isn't remotely a 20 carry guy though. Spiller maybe, hasn't he had health issues?

Neither can carry the load on their own. They'd still need another guy. I would expect them to draft a guy in the first three rounds.

Br0nc0Buster
03-03-2015, 05:32 PM
Bills fans are ****ting their pants and I am not really sure why

They had a top 3 defense last year without Kiko and when it comes to defense I do trust that Rex knows what he is doing

They have no Oline and no qb, so it makes sense

Br0nc0Buster
03-03-2015, 05:38 PM
BTW surely this means Spiller is gone now
I think it is idiotic to give big contracts to RBs but if Spiller can be had for a reasonable price we need to jump on that

He was an absolute beast three years ago and still has very little wear and tear

It is not his fault the former Bills coaching staff were idiots and did nothing but run him up the gut over and over again

bronco militia
03-03-2015, 05:39 PM
spiller has had no contact with the bills. says EJ mamuel is a swell guy

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000475994/article/spiller-manuel-learned-he-couldnt-be-buddybuddy-with-teammates

Punisher
03-03-2015, 05:43 PM
Lol Rex why trade away young talent for a old running back when the RB talent is deep this draft? What in the world are you doing sir

Gutless Drunk
03-03-2015, 05:43 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Eagles?src=hash">#Eagles</a> have cleared $30.275M in cap w/ the release of Casey/Williams/Herremans/Cole, &amp; the trade of McCoy. Est. $48.6M in total space.</p>&mdash; Spotrac (@spotrac) <a href="https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/572914478305689602">March 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

Br0nc0Buster
03-03-2015, 05:47 PM
Are the Eagles going after Suh?

There has to be a reason to cut players and clear cap like this

Agamemnon
03-03-2015, 05:49 PM
Are the Eagles going after Suh?

There has to be a reason to cut players and clear cap like this

Certainly a possibility.

IndelibleScribe
03-03-2015, 05:51 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Eagles?src=hash">#Eagles</a> have cleared $30.275M in cap w/ the release of Casey/Williams/Herremans/Cole, &amp; the trade of McCoy. Est. $48.6M in total space.</p>&mdash; Spotrac (@spotrac) <a href="https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/572914478305689602">March 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

So who do they target? Murray? Peterson? Johnson? Suh?

broncosteven
03-03-2015, 07:02 PM

They sure seem to want to build their D, they could use Suh, though who couldn't. I think Kelly would go with Spiller over Murray just based on money and his belief in his system. I don't see Kelly overpaying for a RB when he got what he did out of Sproles, with Spiller on the market and the draft ahead.

If we weren't loaded at RB I would love Spiller over Hillman but Broncos can't afford to pay big money in FA for an RB with their other needs.

BroncosfanGuy
03-03-2015, 07:13 PM

they don't need a 20-carry guy. They have Sproles and can rotate 2-3 RBs.

I could see them making a run at Suh or Revis with all that room

bap454
03-03-2015, 07:43 PM
The Eagles should aquire Knowshown to replace Shady.....now that would be epic!

Dedhed
03-03-2015, 07:45 PM
They have to be going after Suh.

ColoradoDarin
03-03-2015, 08:02 PM
The Eagles should aquire Knowshown to replace Shady.....now that would be epic!

that would be epic.

TonyR
03-03-2015, 08:18 PM
Eagles are dumping salary because they're going to give away the next couple years of drafts to get Mariota and will use the cap space to acquire players via FA. I think they're a near lock to get Mariota by mortgaging the draft unless one of the top few teams in the draft really wants him. But I highly doubt anyone wants him as much as Chip Kelly.

LikeABoss5820
03-03-2015, 08:30 PM

Secondary.

They could target McCourty, Revis, and Maxwell, while still having money to spare elsewhere.

BroncosSR
03-03-2015, 08:33 PM

Don't think they are going after Suh.

Word is around here that they will go after Browner and McCourty.

Broncojef
03-03-2015, 08:33 PM
Eagles are dumping salary because they're going to give away the next couple years of drafts to get Mariota and will use the cap space to acquire players via FA. I think they're a near lock to get Mariota by mortgaging the draft unless one of the top few teams in the draft really wants him. But I highly doubt anyone wants him as much as Chip Kelly.

Completely agree, total play for Mariota coming by Chip.

LikeABoss5820
03-03-2015, 08:34 PM

Browner isnt a FA, assume you meant Revis.

IndelibleScribe
03-03-2015, 08:35 PM
Secondary.

They could target McCourty, Revis, and Maxwell, while still having money to spare elsewhere.

It feels like a move to make a splash. A big one.

pricejj
03-03-2015, 08:37 PM

Rex's Revenge?

Agamemnon
03-03-2015, 08:37 PM
Completely agree, total play for Mariota coming by Chip.

If so it'll define his career most likely.

LikeABoss5820
03-03-2015, 08:41 PM
It feels like a move to make a splash. A big one.

Suh doesnt fit a 3-4, Eagles have some pieces in the Front 7.

Secondary is god awful.

IndelibleScribe
03-03-2015, 08:45 PM
Suh doesnt fit a 3-4, Eagles have some pieces in the Front 7.

Secondary is god awful.

Eh, Suh is a guy you can fit in any defense. He's not the natural fit you want but you can find a spot for him.

They need a complete overhaul of their D. The secondary is horrendous but the entire D is just bad. Cox is about the only guy you can point to and say you can build around.

BroncosfanGuy
03-03-2015, 08:47 PM
Suh doesnt fit a 3-4

Suh fits any scheme. this 3-4/4-3 stuff gets way overblown

Agamemnon
03-03-2015, 08:49 PM
Suh fits any scheme. this 3-4/4-3 stuff gets way overblown

He doesn't fit a 2-gap 3-4. Not at NT anyway. He'd fit Wade's 3-4 like a glove though.

LikeABoss5820
03-03-2015, 08:58 PM
Eh, Suh is a guy you can fit in any defense. He's not the natural fit you want but you can find a spot for him.

They need a complete overhaul of their D. The secondary is horrendous but the entire D is just bad. Cox is about the only guy you can point to and say you can build around.

Barwin, Kendricks, now Alonso.

They were near the top of the league in sacks.

Regardless, they need to re-haul their secondary if they were to go on a spending spree so to speak.

BroncosfanGuy
03-03-2015, 09:00 PM
He doesn't fit a 2-gap 3-4. Not at NT anyway. He'd fit Wade's 3-4 like a glove though.

He'd fit better as the 3-tech DE and I think he would be fine there. his impact would likely diminish if he is 2 gapping, but I think he can play in that scheme just fine. if a team invests that $ in him, though, I'm sure they will scheme him into position regardless of the base d.

SoCalBronco
03-03-2015, 10:15 PM
Suh is a huge waste in a 2 gap defense. He's an elite penetrating DT. Wouldn't make sense to have him play Pattycake football.

Agree with Agamemnon that he'd be fine in a 1 gap 3-4, albeit best as a 3 tech DT in a 4-3 Under where he couldn't be double teamed.

ColoradoDarin
03-04-2015, 06:24 AM
If so it'll define his career most likely.

What's so bad about that?

https://nflfilms.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/ap99103101039.jpg?w=413&h=512&crop=1

BroncosSR
03-04-2015, 08:00 AM
Browner isnt a FA, assume you meant Revis.

Sorry, you are right. I actually meant Maxwell.

TonyR
03-04-2015, 08:03 AM
The decision to move McCoy accomplishes a couple of things.

Obviously, the first thing it does is bring Alonso to Philadelphia. An inside linebacker who played for Kelly at Oregon, Alonso will partner with Mychal Kendricks to give the Eagles a dynamic pair on the inside. That probably means the end of the road for DeMeco Ryans, who tore his Achilles tendon halfway through the 2014 season.

The trade also removes McCoy's $11.95 million number from the Eagles' salary cap. Kelly's outlook was summarized by Herremans in a radio interview Monday. Herremans said basically that Kelly prioritizes the quarterback and the offensive line.

"Other than that," Herremans told 97.5 The Fanatic, "I think that Kelly feels like he can kind of -- you know, the system will take care of it."
http://espn.go.com/blog/philadelphia-eagles/post/_/id/10731/with-lesean-mccoy-deal-its-kellys-team

Tombstone RJ
03-04-2015, 08:17 AM
Barwin, Kendricks, now Alonso.

They were near the top of the league in sacks.

Regardless, they need to re-haul their secondary if they were to go on a spending spree so to speak.

they got rid of Kendricks?

Tombstone RJ
03-04-2015, 08:18 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/philadelphia-eagles/post/_/id/10731/with-lesean-mccoy-deal-its-kellys-team

yap, Kendricks is still an eagle and now Alonso is an Eagle. That means speed at the ILB position...

TonyR
03-04-2015, 08:19 AM
they got rid of Kendricks?

No. He's saying Barwin, Kendricks, and Alonso are their LB's. That is a solid group.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
03-04-2015, 08:28 AM
Eagles gonna make a move for Mariota.

Purely speculation in my part but IMO comes true on draft day.

Tombstone RJ
03-04-2015, 08:30 AM
No. He's saying Barwin, Kendricks, and Alonso are their LB's. That is a solid group.

doh! Reading comprehension is important... :wave:

PRBronco
03-04-2015, 08:35 AM

I hope they have the courtesy to do it ahead of time for the sake of my mock draft's accuracy :D

TonyR
03-04-2015, 08:37 AM

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4341892&postcount=12933

BroncoMan4ever
03-04-2015, 10:22 AM
I hope they have the courtesy to do it ahead of time for the sake of my mock draft's accuracy :D

I hope they don't because I as Washington's GM am hoping for him to fall to 7 so I can ransom some picks from someone who wants him.

Gutless Drunk
03-04-2015, 10:34 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash">#Bills</a> have traded for Matt Cassel, the team announced.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/573173949871177728">March 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

bronco militia
03-04-2015, 10:37 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash">#Bills</a> have traded for Matt Cassel, the team announced.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/573173949871177728">March 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

oh the irony LOLLOLLOLLOL

SonOfLe-loLang
03-04-2015, 10:37 AM

EJ Manuel FTW!

Drunken.Broncoholic2
03-04-2015, 10:39 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4341892&postcount=12933

:thumbs:

Boogerboots
03-04-2015, 10:43 AM
If we weren't loaded at RB I would love Spiller over Hillman but Broncos can't afford to pay big money in FA for an RB with their other needs.

In all likelihood if we lose JT and Welker retires or moves on, Spiller would be a great receiving option out of the backfield plus be a threat on the rush. As a bonus for special teams he'd kill it on punt returns.

Keep either Hillman or Ball as insurance but a CJx2 featured backfield plus our WR corp would be awesome. Find a way to make it work Mr. Elway!

oubronco
03-04-2015, 10:44 AM
Ian Rapoport‏<S>@</S>RapSheet<SMALL class=time>49s49 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/573176589883604992)</SMALL>
All the Bills wanted when they drafted EJ Manuel was a veteran to play & mentor him. Kolb didn’t work. Orton tried. Now Cassel.

LOL
Adam Schefter‏<S>@</S>AdamSchefter<SMALL class=time>30s30 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/573176917219774465)</SMALL>
So Buffalo is planning to go with Matt Cassel at QB and LeSean McCoy at RB, and play lights-out D.

oubronco
03-04-2015, 10:55 AM
Alex Marvez ‏<S>@</S>alexmarvez <SMALL class=time>3m3 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/573179018796785664) </SMALL>
. <S>@</S>buffalobills (https://twitter.com/buffalobills) swap their 1st 2015 5th-round pick for <S>@</S>Vikings (https://twitter.com/Vikings) 2015 6th-rounder and give Min a 2016 7th-rounder for Matt Cassel <S>@</S>NFLonFOX (https://twitter.com/NFLonFOX)

Smiling Assassin27
03-04-2015, 11:00 AM
Still no QB in Buffalo in a QB driven league. Fail.

oubronco
03-04-2015, 11:20 AM
Alex Marvez ‏<S>@</S>alexmarvez <SMALL class=time>2m2 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/573185799002324993) </SMALL>
Updated Matt Cassel <S>#</S>s (https://twitter.com/hashtag/s?src=hash): Original contract was tweaked. Now slated to earn $4.75M total in '15. $4.15M base, $500K roster/$100K workout bonus

ColoradoDarin
03-04-2015, 11:21 AM
So it was like they traded the idea of Cutler for Cassel?

:D

bronco militia
03-04-2015, 11:28 AM

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/josh-mcdaniels.jpg

CEH
03-04-2015, 11:29 AM

and are replacing Kyle Orton

ColoradoDarin
03-04-2015, 11:55 AM
and are replacing Kyle Orton

And the circle is complete.

At least this year, next year needs Tebow...

bronco militia
03-04-2015, 12:03 PM
And the circle is complete.

At least this year, next year needs Tebow...

LOL

Rex has a history with Tebow.... Hilarious!

BMarsh615
03-04-2015, 12:26 PM
Chris Myers was just released. Wouldn't surprise me if Kubes gets him to come to Denver.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Per league source, Texans have informed Chris Myers he will be released.</p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/573201066159968257">March 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

PRBronco
03-04-2015, 12:33 PM
Chris Meyers was just released. Wouldn't surprise me if Kubes gets him to come to Denver.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Per league source, Texans have informed Chris Myers he will be released.</p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/573201066159968257">March 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

Would like; feels like we'd be righting a wrong. Didn't his dad used to post here?

TonyR
03-04-2015, 12:41 PM
Myers has been the Texans' center the past seven seasons and never missed a start. Due $6 million in the final year of his contract and scheduled to count $8 million against the cap, it was a logical move to move on from the 33-year-old. Myers was a top-three run-blocking center at Pro Football Focus this past season, but finished 33rd out of 41 as a pass blocker. Myers may resurface in Denver with old pal Gary Kubiak. At 286 pounds, he's built for a zone-blocking schemehttp://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3373/chris-myers

He'll be 34 this season. I suppose if he's an upgrade it makes sense but I'd like to think they could do better...

ColoradoDarin
03-04-2015, 12:47 PM
If we can get him for a couple of $m/y, do it.

oubronco
03-04-2015, 12:51 PM
If he is bad at pass blocking wouldn't that be a bad thing since that is Manning's Kryptonite being pressured up the middle?

Agamemnon
03-04-2015, 01:07 PM
If he is bad at pass blocking wouldn't that be a bad thing since that is Manning's Kryptonite being pressured up the middle?

Manning's kryptonite is a good defense.

oubronco
03-04-2015, 01:32 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏<s>@</s>RapSheet (https://twitter.com/RapSheet) <small class="time"> 4m4 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/573218138377961472) </small> The <s>#</s>Saints (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Saints?src=hash) are shopping LB Curtis Lofton, who had 144 tackles in 2014 and has played in 16 games every year of his career. Unexpected.

bronco militia
03-04-2015, 01:36 PM
good luck with that. the saints defense was terrible last season

BMarsh615
03-04-2015, 01:39 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>During Myers' spell in Houston the Texans gained exactly 5,000 yards on A-gap carries. Only MIN &amp; DAL better per carry since '08.</p>&mdash; Pro Football Focus (@PFF) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF/status/573220831662374912">March 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

oubronco
03-04-2015, 02:04 PM
good luck with that. the saints defense was terrible last season

Lofton will count $9.25 million against the Saints' salary cap this season, and could be a part of some massive money shuffling. The team is currently more than $21 million over the threshold for 2015.

Lofton's dead money is roughly $5 million, which makes the trade route the first -- and most convenient - route for New Orleans to take, though it's uncertain they'll find takers at that price.

Even in a versatile Rob Ryan scheme, Lofton played a heavy amount -- almost 1100 snaps -- in 2014 and registered 100 tackles and a forced fumble.

http://t.co/3qSq9da3a8

Requiem
03-04-2015, 02:10 PM
Only a few teams would consider trading for him. They know the Saints are strapped. Likely to be cut. Lowers any leverage at getting a good return via a pick.

I hear Miami may be cutting Ellerbe and Wheeler as well.

oubronco
03-04-2015, 02:11 PM
Adam Schefter ‏<s>@</s>AdamSchefter (https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter) <small class="time"> 2m2 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/573228489953951745) </small> Eagles officially announced they have released LB Trent Cole. We'll soon hear from him.

Eagles Insider ‏<s>@</s>EaglesInsider (https://twitter.com/EaglesInsider) <small class="time"> 4m4 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/EaglesInsider/status/573228099267112960) </small> The <s>#</s>Eagles (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Eagles?src=hash) have released LB Trent Cole. “We spoke with Trent and his agent and expressed a desire to have him back,” Chip Kelly said ...

Agamemnon
03-04-2015, 02:14 PM
Lofton would be nice to have but not at that cap number. I wonder what they are asking for him.

oubronco
03-04-2015, 02:15 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏<s>@</s>RapSheet (https://twitter.com/RapSheet) <small class="time"> 1m1 minute ago (https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/573229775856091136) </small> More <s>#</s>Saints (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Saints?src=hash) news: They’ve informed veteran RB Pierre Thomas that they are releasing him, source says.

oubronco
03-04-2015, 02:21 PM
Pro Football Focus ‏<s>@</s>PFF (https://twitter.com/PFF) <small class="time"> 27s28 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/PFF/status/573231535635243009) </small> Trent Cole recorded at least 50 pressures in in 6/8 seasons ('12, '14) since 2007. Cole notched 20 hits or sacks every year except 2012.
0 replies 3 retweets 0 favorites

oubronco
03-04-2015, 02:27 PM
Jason La Canfora ‏<s>@</s>JasonLaCanfora (https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora) <small class="time"> 4m4 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/573232222704173056) </small> The 49ers, who are trying to secure Darnell Dockett, will also be players in the market for Cole from what I hear.

Gutless Drunk
03-04-2015, 03:10 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Patriots signed long snapper Tyler Ott</p>&mdash; Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) <a href="https://twitter.com/RavensInsider/status/573243173239169024">March 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

:thumbs:

DENVERDUI55
03-04-2015, 03:12 PM

As is every QB. What would make you happy? What makes you such an expert?

Gutless Drunk
03-04-2015, 03:13 PM
As is every QB. What would make you happy? What makes you such an expert?

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/830408/tebow_spins_medium.gif

LikeABoss5820
03-04-2015, 03:17 PM

Hilarious!

oubronco
03-05-2015, 10:00 AM
Ian Rapoport ‏<S>@</S>RapSheel <SMALL class=time>9m9 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/RapSheel/status/573526024807383041) </SMALL>
The <S>#</S>Bears (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bears?src=hash) have traded WR Brandon Marshall to the <S>#</S>Chargers (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chargers?src=hash) for a late round draft selection. New weapon for Philip Rivers.

oubronco
03-05-2015, 10:04 AM
Tim Williams ‏<S>@</S>realtimwilliams <SMALL class=time>2m2 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/realtimwilliams/status/573528991291850753) </SMALL>
And <S>@</S>nflnetwork (https://twitter.com/nflnetwork) just fell for a FAKE Ian Rapoport tweet about Brandon Marshall being traded to the Chargers. pic.twitter.com/yDfGdFdgas (http://t.co/yDfGdFdgas)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_WVkFdWYAEE2_g.jpg
(https://twitter.com/realtimwilliams/status/573528991291850753/photo/1)

9:02 AM - 5 Mar 2015 · Details (https://twitter.com/realtimwilliams/status/573528991291850753)

View photo (https://twitter.com/realtimwilliams/status/573528991291850753)

SoCalBronco
03-05-2015, 10:06 AM
That's bad for us.

Only very slight positive is if the Chargers move to LA I could get Marshall's autograph one day

crush17
03-05-2015, 10:09 AM
ITS FAKE