PDA

View Full Version : Around The NFL:

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76

Tombstone RJ
09-01-2014, 05:00 PM
So...how will the Raiders **** this up?

by destroying Carr in one season.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
09-01-2014, 05:00 PM

My only hesitation would be starting a rookie with that Oline they have. His brother was thrown out there with a bad Oline right out the gate and it ruined him.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-01-2014, 05:06 PM
Leave me out of this. I have nothing to do with it. Nobody cares about the homosexual angle except you.

You didn't make a peep when Jeremy Beal was cut, who was a WAY better college player than Michael Sam ever dreamed of being. Both are similar physically. What about Jamie Blatnick? Get a grip.

1) i wasnt including you in any debate about Sam. I was making a joke about your cap interest. Lighten up

2) Regardless of Sam's pro prospects, he was the SEC d player of the year. Beal was better than Sam dreamed of being? OK

3) whether any of us like it or not, Sam is a story. We def talk about stupider here. And I stand by my statement, if Anunike put up the exact same preseason as Sam, people would be over the moon

canadianbroncosfan
09-01-2014, 05:16 PM
Can you imagine people here if anunike put up 11 tackles and three sacks?

Half the board would be calling him the next Simon fletcher and pricejj would be reviewing Demarcus Wares cap number

LOL

canadianbroncosfan
09-01-2014, 05:17 PM
It reminds me of the time Seattle flushed away 9 million on Matt Flynn only to get benched by a rookie drafted a round later than Carr was drafted.

I don't think Seattle considers that $9M being flushed away, if they even remember it.

They've done okay since it anyways and definitely made the right choice.

Shananahan
09-01-2014, 05:24 PM
You didn't make a peep when Jeremy Beal was cut, who was a WAY better college player than Michael Sam ever dreamed of being. Both are similar physically. Get a grip.
'Get a grip' is what you should practice asking yourself before you make half of your posts, dude.

My issue is not that you are not correct, it's that, for some reason, you feel the need to stretch the truth or take bold stands while being correct.

IndelibleScribe
09-01-2014, 05:28 PM

They need better offensive weapons and a better OL. So they could **** it up by playing him to early and getting him killed.

pricejj
09-01-2014, 05:37 PM
2) Regardless of Sam's pro prospects, he was the SEC d player of the year. Beal was better than Sam dreamed of being? OK

Beal doubled Sam's college production and couldn't even make the Broncos roster when we had the worst DL in the NFL. He looked good in preseason too.

3) whether any of us like it or not, Sam is a story. We def talk about stupider here. And I stand by my statement, if Anunike put up the exact same preseason as Sam, people would be over the moon

He's not a story to me, no matter how many press conferences and reality shows he has. Let me know when you start picketing for an NFL team to pick up Tebow. Until then, it's just another agenda driven distraction that most people don't want to put up with, especially for a marginal roster talent. Would be great for him to make a practice squad somewhere. Like I said, there are lots of players just like him who get cut every year.

pricejj
09-01-2014, 05:39 PM
'Get a grip' is what you should practice asking yourself before you make half of your posts, dude.

My issue is not that you are not correct, it's that, for some reason, you feel the need to stretch the truth or take bold stands while being correct.

What the **** are you talking about.

LikeABoss5820
09-01-2014, 05:43 PM
Regards to Sam, it came down to football.

Rams have the best DL in the NFL, went to the hardest place to earn a spot.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwUEUPvIQAEUyZe.jpg

oubronco
09-01-2014, 05:50 PM
There you go

mennonite
09-01-2014, 05:52 PM
They need better offensive weapons and a better OL. So they could **** it up by playing him to early and getting him killed.

http://i.imgur.com/ahy5T1B.gif

bowtown
09-01-2014, 06:01 PM

Gif is not jiggly enough... please redo.

ScottXray
09-01-2014, 06:02 PM
I guess the question becomes is Schaub that bad or is Carr that good

There is no question ...Schaub is that bad! Boy did he go from good to Awful quickly.

On the other hand, Carr is decent. Will have growing pains but has more talent than Oakland had had for a at least 10 years.

I actually think Oakland could beat out KC for 3rd in the division this year. They have improved a LOT and are going to surprise people.... figure 8-8 possibly.
I just hope we aren't one of their victims early on.

mennonite
09-01-2014, 06:04 PM
Gif is not jiggly enough... please redo.

http://i.imgur.com/5gG9cdC.gif

SonOfLe-loLang
09-01-2014, 06:08 PM
Beal doubled Sam's college production and couldn't even make the Broncos roster when we had the worst DL in the NFL. He looked good in preseason too.

He's not a story to me, no matter how many press conferences and reality shows he has. Let me know when you start picketing for an NFL team to pick up Tebow. Until then, it's just another agenda driven distraction that most people don't want to put up with, especially for a marginal roster talent. Would be great for him to make a practice squad somewhere. Like I said, there are lots of players just like him who get cut every year.

It's still breaking a barrier. It's news. ****ing deal with it. Anytime you start throwing the word "agenda" around u come off as so paranoid. And I didn't say he was going to be an all star talent, but even Jeremy beal made a practice squad

bowtown
09-01-2014, 06:10 PM
http://i.imgur.com/5gG9cdC.gif

Perfect. Thanks.

theAPAOps5
09-01-2014, 06:13 PM

Yep

pricejj
09-01-2014, 06:15 PM
It's still breaking a barrier. It's news. ****ing deal with it. Anytime you start throwing the word "agenda" around u come off as so paranoid. And I didn't say he was going to be an all star talent, but even Jeremy beal made a practice squad

You're the guy pushing the idea that an NFL team should sign him. Not me.

pricejj
09-01-2014, 06:19 PM
Yep

circle-jerk boner squad

SonOfLe-loLang
09-01-2014, 06:22 PM
You're the guy pushing the idea that an NFL team should sign him. Not me.

I'm not "pushing" anyone. I'm saying if you like his talent, the perceived "distraction" shouldn't dissuade you. I don't think there will be any hub bub about a DL on the practice squad

pricejj
09-01-2014, 06:24 PM
I'm not "pushing" anyone. I'm saying if you like his talent, the perceived "distraction" shouldn't dissuade you. I don't think there will be any hub bub about a DL on the practice squad

Maybe it was all good until the ESPN/Josina Anderson flap last week. We'll never know.

errand
09-01-2014, 06:24 PM
He's not some divisive character like Johnny or tebow

Other than people debating his ability to throw the ball accurately, how is Tebow divisive?

By all accounts he was a great guy, and good soldier....now his adoring fans on the other hand....

SonOfLe-loLang
09-01-2014, 06:28 PM
Other than people debating his ability to throw the ball accurately, how is Tebow divisive?

By all accounts he was a great guy, and good soldier....now his adoring fans on the other hand....

Exactly what you mentioned. There were two firm camps on him. The ones who said he was the second coming and the ones who said he sucked. And the more it was discussed, the more entrenched both sides got.

This sorta thing doesn't exist in the sam story

SonOfLe-loLang
09-01-2014, 06:29 PM
Maybe it was all good until the ESPN/Josina Anderson flap last week. We'll never know.

Maybe. But that story will be forgotten about in like a week

errand
09-01-2014, 06:30 PM
8 million dollars flushed away on Matt Schaub. That's gotta hurt. Not as bad as giving Alex Smith an extension, but still pretty painful.

Didn't they give $15mil to Matt Flynn?

errand
09-01-2014, 06:35 PM
11 tackles and 3 sacks during the preseason

It's a numbers game....and Sam being less versatile, he was the odd man out. Vickerson had a good pre season too, but he like Sam happen to be on a team with a deep DL

ScottXray
09-01-2014, 06:36 PM
Didn't they give $15mil to Matt Flynn?

Seattle.? .no ..9 Million. Imagine that! Shaub is 8 million, Gabbert 8 Milllion.

When you consider those two KC got an absolute steal for Smith at 15 million.

theAPAOps5
09-01-2014, 06:38 PM
circle-jerk boner squad

Nope

errand
09-01-2014, 06:47 PM
Exactly what you mentioned. There were two firm camps on him. The ones who said he was the second coming and the ones who said he sucked. And the more it was discussed, the more entrenched both sides got.

This sorta thing doesn't exist in the sam story

Well actually there is....some who think his preseason body of work earned him a roster spot and those who think his numbers were inflated by playing against guys who were camp fodder

SonOfLe-loLang
09-01-2014, 06:57 PM
Well actually there is....some who think his preseason body of work earned him a roster spot and those who think his numbers were inflated by playing against guys who were camp fodder

Come on, no one really gives a ****. There's no factionalism here. Stop creating any

Kaylore
09-01-2014, 07:16 PM
Yeah I think he played well enough to develop on a practice squad at least. That whoever took him was going to be nagged incessantly by the media about a marginal player hurt him. That he doesn't play special teams has hurt him more. I still feel like he's worth a practice squad spot.

Tombstone RJ
09-01-2014, 07:40 PM

You mean poster like you making a big issue of this, or maybe the media (hello ESPN) talking about Sam showering with the other players and trying to tell everyone how good he is (hello John Clayton), or maybe his reality show on the Opie network?

You know what, this songs for you (its a great song but I digress):

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/i1nA4_SR-YQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TonyR
09-01-2014, 08:11 PM

Any idea whether or not Ihenacho was good enough to make another squad, or is he out of the league like you confidently announced he was after the Broncos cut him?

theAPAOps5
09-01-2014, 08:32 PM
Any idea whether or not Ihenacho was good enough to make another squad, or is he out of the league like you confidently announced he was after the Broncos cut him?

Signed by Washington

IndelibleScribe
09-01-2014, 08:34 PM

Shouldn't Von be seeing the QB as lamb chops and salivating? :wiggle:

pricejj
09-01-2014, 08:36 PM

He's not good enough to make the Broncos. I'm also pretty sure the Redskins will drop him off the roster when Brandon Meriweather comes back from suspension in 2 weeks, but thanks for chiming in. I don't wish bad on the kid. Hope he sticks somewhere this year.

I bet you're really upset that the Broncos Defense had a #10 overall DVOA in 2013. Kinda blows your narrative of how bad the Broncos Defense was last year out of the water doesn't it?

pricejj
09-01-2014, 08:57 PM
Michael Shofield sucked at pass pro tonight.
Bet you EatANacho makes the team

LOL You mad bro?

16. Duke Ihenacho did nothing as usual. This should be his last game as a Bronco.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-01-2014, 09:06 PM
You mean poster like you making a big issue of this, or maybe the media (hello ESPN) talking about Sam showering with the other players and trying to tell everyone how good he is (hello John Clayton), or maybe his reality show on the Opie network?

You know what, this songs for you (its a great song but I digress):

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/i1nA4_SR-YQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How am I making a big issue? AGAIN I said if you believe in his talent, your fears of a "media circus" are overblown. There's no real factionalism with him nor is there a story about a practice squad DE. It'll be news if he gets signed to one and that's the last you'll hear of it. Just like Jason Collins

theAPAOps5
09-01-2014, 09:45 PM
LOL You mad bro?

No Schofield did suck and I was glad to be wrong about Nacho. It was based of media reports about the team playing all over in Special teams packages.

I am glad you were right about Nacho

Tombstone RJ
09-01-2014, 09:56 PM
How am I making a big issue? AGAIN I said if you believe in his talent, your fears of a "media circus" are overblown. There's no real factionalism with him nor is there a story about a practice squad DE. It'll be news if he gets signed to one and that's the last you'll hear of it. Just like Jason Collins

I don't believe in his talent, he's a classic tweener that doesn't fit in well to a 3-4 or 4-3 defense and he refuses to play special teams. Also, he didn't get a spot on the practice squad because he doesn't practice particularly well. He is what he is, a guy who doesn't particularly dazzle anyone with his physical skill set (he had a lousy combine too) nor his practices, and no one wants to waste a roster spot on him if he won't play special teams.

pricejj
09-01-2014, 10:00 PM
No Schofield did suck and I was glad to be wrong about Nacho. It was based of media reports about the team playing all over in Special teams packages.

I am glad you were right about Nacho

The day before the Dallas game, another poster asked me what I thought about Ihenacho, and I said, "Ihenahco has 24 hours left in the NFL.". That was my honest opinion about him, but I'm glad he got picked up. Those back-to-back tackles he had in the 1st half against Dallas must have saved him, because he was invisible the rest of the preseason.

What do you think was so bad about Schofield? He didn't give up any sacks or pressures. He looked a lot better than he did against SF. Media was saying he looked horrible too, but I didn't see that. He's not the best run blocker in the world, but he's shown progress. I advocated keeping Cornick as the swing Tackle, because Schofield isn't ready (even though Cornick got shook a couple times against Dallas). And I caught crap for that too.

mennonite
09-01-2014, 10:01 PM
Center A.Q. Shipley Takes First Team Reps At Monday’s Colts Practice

http://t.co/khyBNzfhvb

http://i.imgur.com/joOUYsM.jpg

The Colts' starting center, Khaled Holmes, is trying to come back from a high ankle sprain. Shipley was cut by the Ravens earlier this week. He was competing for a backup spot on their roster.

theAPAOps5
09-01-2014, 10:15 PM
The day before the Dallas game, another poster asked me what I thought about Ihenacho, and I said, "Ihenahco has 24 hours left in the NFL.". That was my honest opinion about him, but I'm glad he got picked up. Those back-to-back tackles he had in the 1st half against Dallas must have saved him, because he was invisible the rest of the preseason.

What do you think was so bad about Schofield? He didn't give up any sacks or pressures. He looked a lot better than he did against SF. Media was saying he looked horrible too, but I didn't see that. He's not the best run blocker in the world, but he's shown progress. I advocated keeping Cornick as the swing Tackle, because Schofield isn't ready (even though Cornick got shook a couple times against Dallas). And I caught crap for that too.

He was getting beat off the snap a lot, especially in the first quarter. It didn't lead to sacks, but it lead to a lot of pressures and Oz had to either move to avoid the pocket collapse or deliver the pass early. He looked like he was on skates a lot. He got better later, but dint know if that was due to Dallas playing scrubs or he just settled down.

mennonite
09-01-2014, 11:54 PM
J.J. Watt agrees to six-year, $100 million deal with the Texans

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2014/09/texans-agree-to-contract-extension-with-j-j-watt/

Watt’s extension includes $51.876 million guaranteed, the most money ever guaranteed.

baja
09-01-2014, 11:57 PM
J.J. Watt agrees to six-year, $100 million deal with the Texans

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2014/09/texans-agree-to-contract-extension-with-j-j-watt/

Guess we know what Von is going to cost.

baja
09-02-2014, 12:00 AM
...and we got 5 days left if we hope to extend DT.

pricejj
09-02-2014, 12:03 AM
Why would they do that 2 years before his rookie contract is up?

Does it take effect after 2015? They certainly don't have any cap space to pay that this year. Head scratcher. Guess they plan on starting backup QB's for awhile.

mennonite
09-02-2014, 12:06 AM
Yeah, I don't get it either. From the article:

Watt, the 11th overall pick in the 2011 draft, had two years left on his contract, including a base salary of $1.9 million this year and a $6.9 option year in 2015.

Watt had two years left on his contract, and the Texans could have used the franchise tag on him after that.

What incentive did the Texans have for doing this deal now?

baja
09-02-2014, 12:16 AM

Watt, the 11th overall pick in the 2011 draft, had two years left on his contract, including a base salary of $1.9 million this year and a $6.9 option year in 2015.

Watt had two years left on his contract, and the Texans could have used the franchise tag on him after that.

Maybe they are betting the cap is to greatly increase, so much so this deal will look like a steal in a year.

whoeey
09-02-2014, 12:36 AM
I know this is not the proper thread but Packers 27 Seahawks 23 thurs night. Shermie is gonna get beat for a td.

boltaneer
09-02-2014, 12:48 AM

He's outplayed his contract, has been a model citizen and is the face of that franchise. He's earned a new contract and it was the right thing to do.

theAPAOps5
09-02-2014, 01:05 AM

Because they have made it a practice of rewarding great play with extensions when players have 1 year left and the. They did it with 2 years left for Andre Johnson. I would put Watt and Johnson in the same upper level tier (at least at the time when they did the extensions).

Shananahan
09-02-2014, 07:04 AM
Maybe they are betting the cap is to greatly increase, so much so this deal will look like a steal in a year.
Yeah, this. I think I saw where Schefter predicted the cap to increase by about $10 million each of the next two seasons.

The cap guys must have decided it would be wise to lock him up now throughout that period. He's also earned it.

Beantown Bronco
09-02-2014, 07:21 AM
I'm also pretty sure the Redskins will drop him off the roster when Brandon Meriweather comes back from suspension in 2 weeks

Only to re-sign him in 3 weeks when Meriweather goes back on suspension for yet another dirty hit.

TonyR
09-02-2014, 07:34 AM
..I said, "Ihenahco has 24 hours left in the NFL.". That was my honest opinion about him...

You need to learn the difference between a definitive statment and an opinion. What you said isn't framed as opinion. Then, to make matters worse, when crush17 and myself disagreed with you and said he'd make another team you doubled down and said I'll wager on that. What's hilarious is that you tried to cover your tracks and went back and deleted that post without realizing that somebody quoted you. So you can run, but you cannot hide, lol!

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4171398&postcount=235

crush17
09-02-2014, 07:37 AM
I should have wagered. :(

TonyR
09-02-2014, 07:38 AM
I bet you're really upset that the Broncos Defense had a #10 overall DVOA in 2013. Kinda blows your narrative of how bad the Broncos Defense was last year out of the water doesn't it?

Overall DVOA was 15th. Weighted DVOA was 10th. Either way, not good nearly good enough. The D will need to stay healthier and play better against a considerably more difficult schedule this year.

Bronco
09-02-2014, 07:48 AM
Texans got a bargain on watt.

canadianbroncosfan
09-02-2014, 08:03 AM
He's outplayed his contract, has been a model citizen and is the face of that franchise. He's earned a new contract and it was the right thing to do.

Exactly.

I read a tweet about how Watt was going to have something like 25 D Lineman making more than him this year if they stuck him to his original contract.

Beantown Bronco
09-02-2014, 08:03 AM
Texans got a bargain on watt.

Biggest guaranteed signing bonus of any player at any position in history. You can call it a fair deal and maybe it will look like a bargain by the end of it, but there's no way to argue that it is a bargain today (especially considering that he was under contract for this season at less than 2 mil).

baja
09-02-2014, 08:22 AM
I should have wagered. :(

Like your avatar

pricejj
09-02-2014, 08:33 AM
You need to learn the difference between a definitive statment and an opinion. What you said isn't framed as opinion. Then, to make matters worse, when crush17 and myself disagreed with you and said he'd make another team you doubled down and said I'll wager on that. What's hilarious is that you tried to cover your tracks and went back and deleted that post without realizing that somebody quoted you. So you can run, but you cannot hide, lol!

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4171398&postcount=235

I quoted my post. He also hasn't played in a game yet, so don't get your panties too wadded up just yet. I wonder how long it took you to search for that, because it too me awhile ROFL!

pricejj
09-02-2014, 08:38 AM
Overall DVOA was 15th. Weighted DVOA was 10th. Either way, not good nearly good enough. The D will need to stay healthier and play better against a considerably more difficult schedule this year.

Weighted DVOA of #10 with a superbowl trip is not too shabby if you ask me. Especially with all the injuries. Yet you still gloated all year, with hope that yet another Bronco would be injured to vindicate your absurd claim.

Good for the Broncos, you were way off.

The funny thing is I was almost spot on about Duke, yet you won't leave it alone. You were so far off on last years Defense it hurts. Yet I only bring it up to show how childish you are.

Bronco
09-02-2014, 08:47 AM
Biggest guaranteed signing bonus of any player at any position in history. You can call it a fair deal and maybe it will look like a bargain by the end of it, but there's no way to argue that it is a bargain today (especially considering that he was under contract for this season at less than 2 mil).

Aside from the guaranteed money it's similar to the contract Mario Williams got
Last season and watt is 2x the player.

And it might be the highest guaranteed signing bonus but kaepernick, Peyton, Rodgers, romo, cutler, and possibly more qb's are currently guaranteed to make more than watt.

Beantown Bronco
09-02-2014, 08:54 AM

The guaranteed money is the most important variable in long term contracts nowadays.

And it might be the highest guaranteed signing bonus but kaepernick, Peyton, Rodgers, romo, cutler, and possibly more qb's are currently guaranteed to make more than watt.

Ummmm, ok.

1. You're comparing QBs to a DLinemen. Sounds fair.
2. You're comparing TOTAL "potential" compensation for one group vs just the guaranteed portion for the other guy. Sounds fair.

BroncoBeavis
09-02-2014, 09:00 AM
The guaranteed money is the most important variable in long term contracts nowadays.

To a point. For a young phenom like Watt though, a huge yearly number over say a 4 year window would likely offset a huge guaranteed amount. Because, barring catastrophic injury or a complete collapse, he's pretty well assured of cashing those checks, whether guaranteed up front or not.

This contract is longer term, though, which probably meant more guarantee was required.

Bronco
09-02-2014, 09:02 AM

Ummmm, ok.

1. You're comparing QBs to a DLinemen. Sounds fair.
2. You're comparing TOTAL "potential" compensation for one group vs just the guaranteed portion for the other guy. Sounds fair.

Guaranteed money is guaranteed money. And I'd say there's less risk in watt's contract than most of the qb's who are guaranteed more money.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-02-2014, 09:25 AM

Maybe itll be a reasonable contract once the cap shoots up, but I'd never pay any defender that kind of money. They just dont impact the game THAT much. JJ Watt is insane, best D player in the league, and his team was 2-14 last year.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
09-02-2014, 09:29 AM
Maybe itll be a reasonable contract once the cap shoots up, but I'd never pay any defender that kind of money. They just dont impact the game THAT much. JJ Watt is insane, best D player in the league, and his team was 2-14 last year.

That's why QBs make the big bucks. Without a QB Watts impact over a season becomes minimal.

Smiling Assassin27
09-02-2014, 10:17 AM
Vickerson to the Bengals

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Former <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Broncos?src=hash">#Broncos</a> DT Kevin Vickerson appears to have signed with the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash">#Bengals</a>, from his Instagram account (via <a href="https://twitter.com/bylindsayhjones">@bylindsayhjones</a>)</p>&mdash; MileHighReport (@MileHighReport) <a href="https://twitter.com/MileHighReport/statuses/506837187623542784">September 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

crush17
09-02-2014, 10:19 AM
Vickerson to the Bengals

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Former <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Broncos?src=hash">#Broncos</a> DT Kevin Vickerson appears to have signed with the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash">#Bengals</a>, from his Instagram account (via <a href="https://twitter.com/bylindsayhjones">@bylindsayhjones</a>)</p>&mdash; MileHighReport (@MileHighReport) <a href="https://twitter.com/MileHighReport/statuses/506837187623542784">September 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

Best of luck Big Vick!

Thank you for your time with the Broncos :)

baja
09-02-2014, 10:35 AM
Glad it was not the Chargers

GoneFishin'
09-02-2014, 10:45 AM
Glad it was not the Chargers

Same here but i wouldn't be surprised to see the Bengals in the playoffs.

Bronco
09-02-2014, 12:38 PM
I'm sure gutless will embed a tweet but I'll fill you in for now, Irsay is fined 500k and suspended 6 games.

Requiem
09-02-2014, 12:51 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Former Chiefs and Cowboys Pro Bowl G Brian Waters announced his retirement.

&quot;After a long and wonderful career I... <a href="http://t.co/1bha1UXXWY">http://t.co/1bha1UXXWY</a></p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/506875593523494912">September 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

Could've sworn he retired 5 years ago lol

That dude was playing when I was like 8.

Br0nc0Buster
09-02-2014, 01:38 PM
How many DT's do the Bengals have?
They still have Geno Atkins and that Peko guy I believe
I know they drafted Brandon Thompson and Devon Still

Oh nevermind I just saw where Still got cut

Bronco
09-02-2014, 01:56 PM
How many DT's do the Bengals have?
They still have Geno Atkins and that Peko guy I believe
I know they drafted Brandon Thompson and Devon Still

Oh nevermind I just saw where Still got cut

That was a short career from still, I still remember when there was a few expert draft guys here on the mane who were bummed we took wolfe before him.:strong:

swaiy
09-02-2014, 02:00 PM
Still is on the practice squad.

Rabb
09-02-2014, 02:06 PM
Wasn't Still one of the ones people here were clamoring for?

ludo21
09-02-2014, 02:09 PM
Still is on the practice squad.

Great article on him on cbssports.

Daughter has cancer and they are keeping Still on the PS so he can keep his insurance.

DENVERDUI55
09-02-2014, 02:28 PM
Wasn't Still one of the ones people here were clamoring for?

Yes quite a few people wanted him.

LikeABoss5820
09-02-2014, 02:47 PM
Sam to the Cowboys per Schefter if he passes his physical.

LikeABoss5820
09-02-2014, 02:50 PM
...and we got 5 days left if we hope to extend DT.

Not gonna happen.

Rabb
09-02-2014, 02:50 PM
I sure did. But I also openly acknowledge that I'm a super PSU homer.

I liked him as well, just surprised he's on the PS.

And if the insurance thing is true, kudos to the organization. That is just awful.

LikeABoss5820
09-02-2014, 02:51 PM
QB money for Watt isnt a "bargain" when they won 2 games last year.

mennonite
09-02-2014, 02:52 PM
Cue the inevitable Full Metal Jacket "Texas" quotes

Bronco
09-02-2014, 04:09 PM
QB money for Watt isnt a "bargain" when they won 2 games last year.

It may not look great after last season but Houston's defense wasn't the reason they were 2-14.

Wait till the jets extend mo Wilkerson and tell me Houston didn't get a good deal on watt.

BroncoBeavis
09-02-2014, 04:16 PM

There's another business angle here though. While it is true that certain $20 million QB's can make your team night-and-day better, it is also true that $20 million does not in any way deliver that QB to you.

If JJ's payday were truly standing in the way of that QB, then it would be foolish to pay him that much. But it will likely never play out that way. So they might as well keep their best players (and fan favorites) happy in the meantime.

IndelibleScribe
09-02-2014, 04:23 PM
Watt is worth every penny. Elite player and a great person to build your team around.

SouthStndJunkie
09-02-2014, 04:34 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

#Cowboys DT Josh Brent is suspended 10 games. Eligible to visit the facility after Week 6. Week 9, he can practice.

DENVERDUI55
09-02-2014, 06:43 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/laces-out/report-ex-cardinals-qb-max-hall-faces-cocaine-shoplifting-charges-090214

He is going to have to repent a bit after this binge.

strafen
09-02-2014, 06:49 PM
Watt is worth every penny. Elite player and a great person to build your team around.The guy is superb. One of the most dominant players I ever seen in the NFL
Deserves every penny he can get...

Kaylore
09-02-2014, 06:50 PM
Jerry Jones knows branding and how to make money.

I was thinking more along the lines of he's an attention whore who will do anything to distract from the garbage teams he's assembled.

I guess both can be true.

broncogary
09-02-2014, 08:43 PM

Daughter has cancer and they are keeping Still on the PS so he can keep his insurance.

Obamacare?

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
09-02-2014, 09:29 PM
You weren't the sunny kid in your class were you..;)

Not Asian either, because there are 5280 FEET IN ONE MILE!

El Guapo
09-02-2014, 09:29 PM
Jerry Jones knows branding and how to make money.

Then he would bring in Tebow due to Romo's back (and inability to throw the ball downfield) and having Wheedon as a backup.

Requiem
09-02-2014, 09:30 PM
Might as well sign the best football player in the NFL that isn't on a team since Welker is done for a few games.

Maleficent
09-03-2014, 12:09 AM
Lol
Orlando F
Earlier today taking a selfie with Peyton. Probably the first time he's ever taking a selfie lol http://t.co/cfmJUYocNt

mennonite
09-03-2014, 11:30 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Broncos promote WR Nathan Palmer from practice squad to 53-man roster. He replaces Wes Welker. OL Ryan Miller added to practice squad.</p>&mdash; Mike Klis (@MikeKlis) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/507211420232978432">September 3, 2014</a></blockquote>

From my research, I believe that Ryan Miller's last job was being the goalie for the Vancouver Canucks.

broncocalijohn
09-03-2014, 12:04 PM
Sam to the Cowboys per Schefter if he passes his physical.

So what happens when they do the "turn and cough" routine?

Shananahan
09-03-2014, 02:10 PM
I don't know if I've ever heard of Nathan Palmer before and am sure I could think of a few people across the league I'd rather they brought in, but I do like the fact that they've got somebody in-house who they've been developing and are now giving a chance to. In the grand scheme of things it probably won't make much of a difference anyway, so why not give the guy a shot.

Rohirrim
09-03-2014, 02:33 PM
I don't know if I've ever heard of Nathan Palmer before and am sure I could think of a few people across the league I'd rather they brought in, but I do like the fact that they've got somebody in-house who they've been developing and are now giving a chance to. In the grand scheme of things it probably won't make much of a difference anyway, so why not give the guy a shot.

If the **** hits the fan, a coach has to able to look over to the bench and go, "Hey you!" Somebody has to be there.

Shananahan
09-03-2014, 03:24 PM
I just like that the claimed commitment to finding, developing and growing from within isn't just talk.

He's probably a nobody, but it's nice to see.

Rohirrim
09-03-2014, 05:50 PM
<iframe width="416" height="234" src="http://www.cnn.com/video/api/embed.html#/video/us/2014/09/02/erin-dnt-moos-itsy-bitsy-linebacker-nfl-madden.cnn" frameborder="0"></iframe>

El Guapo
09-03-2014, 07:42 PM
Saw that on tv while at the gym and was cracking up.

Bronc0guy
09-03-2014, 10:07 PM
<iframe width="416" height="234" src="http://www.cnn.com/video/api/embed.html#/video/us/2014/09/02/erin-dnt-moos-itsy-bitsy-linebacker-nfl-madden.cnn" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I laughed out loud when he jumped up to high five the guy.

Gutless Drunk
09-04-2014, 10:16 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Per <a href="https://twitter.com/ttwentyman">@ttwentyman</a>, veteran CB Champ Bailey is working out for the Lions today.</p>&mdash; Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/507562644996628480">September 4, 2014</a></blockquote>

crush17
09-04-2014, 10:19 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Per <a href="https://twitter.com/ttwentyman">@ttwentyman</a>, veteran CB Champ Bailey is working out for the Lions today.</p>&mdash; Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/507562644996628480">September 4, 2014</a></blockquote>

Man's gotta do what a man's gotta do - but I wish he wouldn't do this.

Br0nc0Buster
09-04-2014, 10:47 AM
I don't get why he won't consider safety
I think he can be a starting safety in this league

Surely that is better than being a backup corner on some scrub team

mennonite
09-04-2014, 11:16 AM
Safety is a more physical position than corner, I think. Even if he has the ability to play the position, he may not be durable enough at this point to pull it off.

Beantown Bronco
09-04-2014, 11:25 AM
I don't get why he won't consider safety
I think he can be a starting safety in this league

Surely that is better than being a backup corner on some scrub team

Huh? These are just tryouts. How is he going to go through a tryout for a team at a position he's never played?

He could always switch to safety in the future, but again, how on earth could he try out at that position without even so much as a single practice at it?

bronco militia
09-04-2014, 11:35 AM
champ and vickerson will sign with a team next week. Teams will avoid paying for guaranteed vested veteran contracts after week 1.

bronco militia
09-04-2014, 11:49 AM
Vickerson for sure . Wouldn't mind him coming back to the Broncos with all of the extracellular activities going on off the field.

the only way he comes back to the Broncos is due to an (gulp) injury.....(knocks on wood)

Rabb
09-04-2014, 11:56 AM
Right..but considering the season hasn't even started and we are already down how many for just being dumb asses ..its better to be safe then sorry.

So the Welker thing tells you, we need to sign another defensive lineman. Is that what I am getting?

Bronco
09-04-2014, 11:58 AM
My crystal ball tells me vickerson will be a Bengal.

mennonite
09-04-2014, 12:02 PM
So the Welker thing tells you, we need to sign another defensive lineman. Is that what I am getting?

After the first week, would it be at all sensible to snatch up "the best player available" whether you need him or not? I know they brought Palmer in to take Welker's spot on the roster, but if you kicked him back to the practice squad, you could use that space for cheap insurance/late trade bait for other teams who may lose a player in the first 4 weeks of the season.

Rabb
09-04-2014, 12:11 PM
After the first week, would it be at all sensible to snatch up "the best player available" whether you need him or not? I know they brought Palmer in to take Welker's spot on the roster, but if you kicked him back to the practice squad, you could use that space for cheap insurance/late trade bait for other teams who may lose a player in the first 4 weeks of the season.

I get what you're saying for sure, I just don't know what position where we would get a lot of value from someone that isn't working right now, we need help with.

No..just saying we never should have cut him and kept the junk that we have.. The way things are going its a matter of time before the O line case of dumb ass hits the D-line ..kind of looking like its contagious..

What junk did we keep? Who would you have let go instead of Vick? So because Welker did something stupid, and 2 guys are dehydrated...it's an epidemic now. Gotcha.

Rabb
09-04-2014, 12:22 PM
Dude really? Your crazy if you are buying that dehydrated story..I have oceanfront property in Arizona..its a beautiful view..wanna buy it..;D

Way to dodge the questions. I never said I was buying it, but yes I am clearly the crazy one in this conversation.

bronco militia
09-04-2014, 12:29 PM
My crystal ball tells me vickerson will be a Bengal.

move over Miss Cleo! ;)

http://realitysandwich.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/miss-cleo-2.jpg

v2micca
09-04-2014, 12:34 PM
I laughed out loud when he jumped up to high five the guy.

Didn't Madden has this same stupid glitch about a decade ago back on the PS2 and original X-Box? In ten years they still can fix this ****?

Br0nc0Buster
09-04-2014, 12:42 PM
Huh? These are just tryouts. How is he going to go through a tryout for a team at a position he's never played?

He could always switch to safety in the future, but again, how on earth could he try out at that position without even so much as a single practice at it?

He's not going to be a starter at corner for any team
He could come in on dime downs and man up for now while learning the deep zones of a FS for some team

He is not a starter at any spot at the moment, but could down the road be a starting FS
His days as a starting corner are over though

Br0nc0Buster
09-04-2014, 12:44 PM
Safety is a more physical position than corner, I think. Even if he has the ability to play the position, he may not be durable enough at this point to pull it off.

Aneas Williams was not that physical and transitioned from pro bowl corner to pro bowl safety seamlessly

I don't know how his body will hold up, but he can tackle
And even with diminished coverage skills I am sure he can TE's and 4th receivers

bronco militia
09-04-2014, 01:12 PM
Tony Romo the Gayest Player on the Cowgirls, According to FOX Houston Affiliate Scroll

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_1rGrYydH0w?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bronco militia
09-04-2014, 01:17 PM
The day the Dallas Cowboys signed Michael Sam to a practice squad, a Houston TV station had this run on their scroll at the bottom of the screen: “Tony Romo, still the gayest player on the Cowgirls.”

I called Fox 26 in Houston to find out how this happened and an employee of the station named Brittany (who transferred me before I could get her last name) said that this sort of thing happens sometimes because the scroll automatically pulls tweets from the web.
Sounds like they need to tighten up what slips through the cracks.

http://thebiglead.com/2014/09/04/tony-romo-still-the-gayest-player-on-the-cowgirls-appears-in-scroll-on-houston-tv-station/

BroncoBeavis
09-04-2014, 01:19 PM
Tony Romo the Gayest Player on the Cowgirls, According to FOX Houston Affiliate Scroll

Bledsoe called it.

http://tonyhomo.blogspot.com/

Gutless Drunk
09-04-2014, 02:53 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Patriots list Tom Brady on the injury report with a calf ailment. He didn't practice.</p>&mdash; Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/507631586343280642">September 4, 2014</a></blockquote>

Oh lawd...here we go again.

mennonite
09-04-2014, 02:59 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Patriots list Tom Brady on the injury report with a calf ailment. He didn't practice.</p>&mdash; Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/507631586343280642">September 4, 2014</a></blockquote>

Terrible news. Any update on how his goat is doing?

http://i.imgur.com/5NEaTAF.jpg

Kaylore
09-04-2014, 03:01 PM
Terrible news. Any update on how his goat is doing?

http://i.imgur.com/5NEaTAF.jpg

I heard Brady injured his calf scraping it on the fence he was helping his goat climb.

Beantown Bronco
09-04-2014, 03:02 PM
Sad part is, I have a freaking goat that looks almost identical to that one....

bronco militia
09-04-2014, 03:07 PM

https://38.media.tumblr.com/ed29a6ca9748a758336f4acd23501668/tumblr_mv00lb8mCe1rk5zfdo1_500.gif

mennonite
09-04-2014, 03:12 PM

"Alright, alright, alright...."

http://i.imgur.com/XQ6G6Mq.gif

baja
09-04-2014, 03:19 PM

So one of your eight wives is a goat? ;D

Rohirrim
09-04-2014, 03:45 PM

Goats make me nervous. It's those weird eyes.

broncocalijohn
09-04-2014, 03:53 PM

This is the exact opposite of an announcement by John Fox. Brady will start and probably go 30 for 40, 390 yards and run 6 times for 40 yards.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
09-05-2014, 11:58 AM
http://cdn.phillymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/chip-ice-bucket.gif

Chip Kelly ready to dive into the season.

mennonite
09-05-2014, 12:01 PM
I like how the players glance back and just keep on walking

"Head down...keep walking...we don't even know that cracker."

baja
09-05-2014, 12:07 PM
I like how the players glance back and just keep on walking

"Head down...keep walking...we don't even know that cracker."

I once knew a black guy named Saltine

mennonite
09-05-2014, 01:41 PM
League made calls regarding potential placement of Sam on practice squad

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/05/league-made-calls-regarding-potential-placement-of-sam-on-practice-squad/

ludo21
09-05-2014, 01:55 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/05/league-made-calls-regarding-potential-placement-of-sam-on-practice-squad/

I heard that this morning on the radio.

wow, just wow.

Tebow wishes he had that kind of pull :wiggle:

Drunken.Broncoholic2
09-05-2014, 02:12 PM

But he just wants to be like every other football player.

Sorry LeLo, but when the NFL is pushing teams to sign a player whats that mean?

bpc
09-05-2014, 02:27 PM
Miami could surprise New England this weekend. Miami will contend for a playoff spot this season and for a upper northeaster team having to head towards the Miami heat, that could be a difficult proposition. Dolphins defense will be legit this year too.

GoneFishin'
09-05-2014, 02:30 PM
Miami could surprise New England this weekend. Miami will contend for a playoff spot this season and for a upper northeaster team having to head towards the Miami heat, that could be a difficult proposition. Dolphins defense will be legit this year too.

Yeah, always tough to play on FL in Sept...but I just don't know about Miami beating NE. Miami's organization is such a train wreck.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
09-05-2014, 03:09 PM

I think Tannehill is gonna have a pretty good season.

Flacko
09-05-2014, 03:10 PM
Being reported that James Harrison signed a one-day, retiring a Steeler.

Wonder if Champ will sign a one-day as well. ;D

TonyR
09-05-2014, 03:48 PM

The league made the calls, not Sam. As for "what it means", I'd say it means they're worried about PR.

Tombstone RJ
09-05-2014, 03:53 PM

Lol, no special treatment...

Old Dude
09-05-2014, 04:04 PM
Being reported that James Harrison signed a one-day, retiring a Steeler.

Is he the same guy who referred to Emmanual Sanders as a rookie last night?

Drunken.Broncoholic2
09-05-2014, 04:22 PM
The league made the calls, not Sam. As for "what it means", I'd say it means they're worried about PR.

Of course he didn't ask directly for them to call teams. When I said he just wants to be like other players, I'm saying that's not happening whether he wants it or not. But he's not sternly telling the LGBT community to calm down on the "face of the LGBT sports movement" that a lot of people have labeled him with. What it means can certainly be the NFL worried about being labeled homophobes for not having Sam in the league. Could also mean people outside the NFL are pressuring for it to happen.

OrangeCrush2724
09-05-2014, 06:10 PM

I freaking love this. Class act.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/bengals-re-sign-devon-still-to-help-him-pay-for-daughter-s-cancer-treatments-090514

SouthStndJunkie
09-05-2014, 06:58 PM
http://deadspin.com/adam-schefter-was-once-pranked-into-reporting-john-el-1631171533

Adam Schefter Was Once Pranked Into "Reporting" John Elway's Nipple Ring

go_broncos
09-05-2014, 07:05 PM

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/bengals-re-sign-devon-still-to-help-him-pay-for-daughter-s-cancer-treatments-090514

Love this..Respect for the organization

IndelibleScribe
09-05-2014, 08:35 PM

Much respect to the Bengals.

Enter The Dragon
09-05-2014, 09:09 PM

Miami will be tough this year, but yeah theyre not beating NE.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-05-2014, 09:25 PM
Lol, no special treatment...

The only reason he wasn't on a p-squad was his sexual orientation, so good. It's no different from something like the Rooney rule

SonOfLe-loLang
09-05-2014, 09:26 PM

I just answered this, in sorry I don't mind it. The only reason he wasn't on a squad was because his orientation. The NFL doesn't wanna be on the wrong side of history. It would be nice if this didn't happen, but it doesn't bother me

GreatBronco16
09-05-2014, 09:32 PM
The only reason he wasn't on a squad was because his orientation.

Well that's you opinion, and I'm not buying it unless you can prove it.

Arkie
09-05-2014, 09:33 PM
Miami will be tough this year, but yeah theyre not beating NE.

I remember the 2005 Broncos (13-3) season opener in the suffocating Miami heat. It was the only blowout suffered that season. Miami was just an average team too.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-05-2014, 09:39 PM
Well that's you opinion, and I'm not buying it unless you can prove it.

He was the SEC d player of the year, had pass rushing skill, and played really well in the preseason. Yeah, I know he's not perfect, probably never will be a star, but he's not good enough to be one of 320 players on a practice squad? Right

And before you give me a long laundry lost of college stars that sucked on the pros, let me remind you that they all got opportunities to suck in the pros. Let Michael Sam have the opportunity to prove he can't play. He's def earned that and was being black listed because of a "distraction" that is completely overblown

bronco militia
09-05-2014, 10:19 PM
http://deadspin.com/adam-schefter-was-once-pranked-into-reporting-john-el-1631171533

Adam Schefter Was Once Pranked Into "Reporting" John Elway's Nipple Ring

Hilarious!

strafen
09-05-2014, 10:45 PM

Adam Schefter Was Once Pranked Into "Reporting" John Elway's Nipple RingThat's too funny! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! ROFL!

SimonFletcher73
09-06-2014, 02:24 AM
Did all the Adam Shyster reviews get deleted?

http://web.archive.org/web/20030127045128/http://www.orangemane.com/images/shyster.jpg

extralife
09-06-2014, 05:31 AM
Much respect to the Bengals.

I don't know that this is something that is so laudatory. Only in the NFL would we praise an employer for not completely ****ing over a man who has a young child with cancer. In the rest of the world, this kind of behavior would be expected. If you look at it that way, it basically comes off as a cost cutting/PR move. If they cut him there's a backlash if they don't help him pay for his daughter's care, at which point they basically have to pay for it. This way, he gets the money and since the insurance company is the one that forks over the cash, Mike Brown gets to save some money. Remember, they're paying the ten players on the practice squad as it is. Might as well hit two birds with one stone.

IndelibleScribe
09-06-2014, 07:47 AM
I don't know that this is something that is so laudatory. Only in the NFL would we praise an employer for not completely ****ing over a man who has a young child with cancer. In the rest of the world, this kind of behavior would be expected. If you look at it that way, it basically comes off as a cost cutting/PR move. If they cut him there's a backlash if they don't help him pay for his daughter's care, at which point they basically have to pay for it. This way, he gets the money and since the insurance company is the one that forks over the cash, Mike Brown gets to save some money. Remember, they're paying the ten players on the practice squad as it is. Might as well hit two birds with one stone.

Most NFL teams don't care as much about PR as we fans do. This is a business and a employer keeping a employee on the payroll when they didn't have to.
That is to be lauded in this cost costing day and age.

He was the SEC d player of the year, had pass rushing skill, and played really well in the preseason. Yeah, I know he's not perfect, probably never will be a star, but he's not good enough to be one of 320 players on a practice squad? Right

And before you give me a long laundry lost of college stars that sucked on the pros, let me remind you that they all got opportunities to suck in the pros. Let Michael Sam have the opportunity to prove he can't play. He's def earned that and was being black listed because of a "distraction" that is completely overblown

He is not a very good football player. It has very little to do with anything other than that.
He is the worst draft prospect to win the SEC defensive player of the year award since Chad Lavalais of LSU in 2003.
The other guys who won that award were seen as potential top 20 draft picks either coming into the season or mid-season.
He does not come anywhere close to the caliber of previous winners.

He is a 4-3 end who doesn't play the run well, isn't hugely athletic, doesn't have a truly stand out tool and he is more of a fit for the 3-4 except he isn't athletic enough to play in a 3-4 as a LB.

He was a potential late 5th to undraftable before he came out. His talent is what limits him, not his orientation.

As far as your comment about college stars that got a chance to suck in the pros. That is not accurate as plenty simply washed out and had to move on to their next career.
There are 2,016 jobs in the NFL at a given time between the 1,696 on the active roster and the now 320 on the practice squad.

There are 6-7 times that amount who leave school every year.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-06-2014, 10:32 AM
Most NFL teams don't care as much about PR as we fans do. This is a business and a employer keeping a employee on the payroll when they didn't have to.

He is not a very good football player. It has very little to do with anything other than that.
He is the worst draft prospect to win the SEC defensive player of the year award since Chad Lavalais of LSU in 2003.
The other guys who won that award were seen as potential top 20 draft picks either coming into the season or mid-season.
He does not come anywhere close to the caliber of previous winners.

He is a 4-3 end who doesn't play the run well, isn't hugely athletic, doesn't have a truly stand out tool and he is more of a fit for the 3-4 except he isn't athletic enough to play in a 3-4 as a LB.

He was a potential late 5th to undraftable before he came out. His talent is what limits him, not his orientation.

As far as your comment about college stars that got a chance to suck in the pros. That is not accurate as plenty simply washed out and had to move on to their next career.
There are 2,016 jobs in the NFL at a given time between the 1,696 on the active roster and the now 320 on the practice squad.

There are 6-7 times that amount who leave school every year.

I'm just not buying that. First off, lavalais was also given a chance in the league, and secondly, Sam proved he can play with a nice preseason. And sure, it's against third stringers but every single practice squad player can claim the same. He definitely played well enough to earn a chance and obviously shows some natural pass rushing skill, which is probably the second most coveted skill I'm the NFL after throwing the ball.
I refuse to believe that if he wasn't gay, the NFL teams would completely ignore the SEC D player of the year who also had a nice preseason. Hell Jackson Jeffcpat found a P squad and he couldn't make it past the first cut

ward63
09-06-2014, 10:51 AM
Still has at least some talent and being from the Cincy area, this is definitely a Marvin move. I also had a feeling that adding two more PS stops would create some signings for guys, just because. I mean, heck...we replaced a draft pick and potential long-term back up/starting OL for a freaking long snapper, so why not keep a DL that you drafted and have a feel good story too?

Drunken.Broncoholic2
09-06-2014, 10:55 AM
I'm just not buying that. First off, lavalais was also given a chance in the league, and secondly, Sam proved he can play with a nice preseason. And sure, it's against third stringers but every single practice squad player can claim the same. He definitely played well enough to earn a chance and obviously shows some natural pass rushing skill, which is probably the second most coveted skill I'm the NFL after throwing the ball.
I refuse to believe that if he wasn't gay, the NFL teams would completely ignore the SEC D player of the year who also had a nice preseason.Hell Jackson Jeffcpat found a P squad and he couldn't make it past the first cut

And this is why the NFL was calling teams because a lot of people believe the bolded part. They don't want to look like homophobic bozos. That is a distraction that Sam cannot control once he announced he was gay.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-06-2014, 11:27 AM
And this is why the NFL was calling teams because a lot of people believe the bolded part. They don't want to look like homophobic bozos. That is a distraction that Sam cannot control once he announced he was gay.

The NFL should be on the right side of history here, but both can be true. He's def good enough to be on a practice squad and we can agree to disagree on the reasons he's not

SonOfLe-loLang
09-06-2014, 11:28 AM
Or wasnt

mennonite
09-06-2014, 11:54 AM
Ravens release CB Derek Cox

This dude signed a 4 year 20 million dollar with the Chargers last year. He was cut, signed by the Vikings, cut, signed by the Ravens and is now unemployed again. It's amazing to see someone fall so fast.

He was drafted by Del Rio and played ok for the Jaguars in his last couple of years with them.

IndelibleScribe
09-06-2014, 12:09 PM
I refuse to believe that if he wasn't gay, the NFL teams would completely ignore the SEC D player of the year who also had a nice preseason. Hell Jackson Jeffcpat found a P squad and he couldn't make it past the first cut

Jackson Jeffcoat has NFL bloodlines, can play either end or DE, he's also pretty damn athletic. His issue is between the ears. Teams tend to be more willing to go for athletic guys who are flexible even if the problem is mental.

I don't think him having trouble finding a team has to do with him being gay.
The media circus that follows him much in the same way that Tebowmania was a media circus and distraction will be far more of a issue.

If he came in and lit up the preseason as the top dog on D then that would be different.
Rookies pretty much have to be able to play special teams to make a team when you are a lower draft pick. He doesn't and he is a one trick pony.
Almost all of the teams he would fit well are stacked on D and don't need him.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-06-2014, 12:24 PM
Jackson Jeffcoat has NFL bloodlines, can play either end or DE, he's also pretty damn athletic. His issue is between the ears. Teams tend to be more willing to go for athletic guys who are flexible even if the problem is mental.

I don't think him having trouble finding a team has to do with him being gay.
The media circus that follows him much in the same way that Tebowmania was a media circus and distraction will be far more of a issue.

If he came in and lit up the preseason as the top dog on D then that would be different.
Rookies pretty much have to be able to play special teams to make a team when you are a lower draft pick. He doesn't and he is a one trick pony.
Almost all of the teams he would fit well are stacked on D and don't need him.

The media "circus" thing is so overblown. There's no story with a practice squad defensive end. It will get a little coverage and first, a check in maybe here or there, but that's it. In regards to tebow, it's apples and oranges.

IndelibleScribe
09-06-2014, 12:35 PM
The media "circus" thing is so overblown. There's no story with a practice squad defensive end. It will get a little coverage and first, a check in maybe here or there, but that's it. In regards to tebow, it's apples and oranges.

He's the first openly gay player in the sport. The only reason he gets any coverage is this.
It is not going to die down due to people who feel he is being robbed of a opportunity due to his orientation when in reality it is because he just isn't very good.

Tebow and Sam are both mediocre football players with a huge fan base based around something they are. Their popularity is derived from that.
Both had distinguished college careers and neither projected well as a pro.
Now with that said, it is possible Sam can spend some time on a PS and develop a niche for himself.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-06-2014, 12:50 PM
He's the first openly gay player in the sport. The only reason he gets any coverage is this.
It is not going to die down due to people who feel he is being robbed of a opportunity due to his orientation when in reality it is because he just isn't very good.

Tebow and Sam are both mediocre football players with a huge fan base based around something they are. Their popularity is derived from that.
Both had distinguished college careers and neither projected well as a pro.
Now with that said, it is possible Sam can spend some time on a PS and develop a niche for himself.

And I'm glad hell get the opportunity. But it's not that same as Tebow, who played a marquee position, was wildly popular, and whose fan base was making billboards for him.

GreatBronco16
09-06-2014, 01:10 PM
But it's not that same as Tebow

That's correct. Nobody is trying to get him to change positions, or change the way he plays his position. Nor is Sam as dynamic as Tebow was.;D

IndelibleScribe
09-06-2014, 01:11 PM
That's correct. Nobody is trying to get him to change positions, or change the way he plays his position. Nor is Sam as dynamic as Tebow was.;D

Dynamic at what? Playing the ugliest football for 55 mins?

GreatBronco16
09-06-2014, 02:09 PM
Dynamic at what? Playing the ugliest football for 55 mins?

Swing and a miss.

Tombstone RJ
09-06-2014, 02:40 PM
The only reason he wasn't on a p-squad was his sexual orientation, so good. It's no different from something like the Rooney rule

Lol

KCStud
09-06-2014, 02:48 PM
Marcus Cooper out
DAT out
Catapano out
Bowe suspended
Stephenson suspened
Mays out
Berry will play but tendinitis has been hurting him all preseason

Titans will be a tougher game than originally thought with all these players out..

DENVERDUI55
09-06-2014, 03:15 PM
Marcus Cooper out
DAT out
Catapano out
Bowe suspended
Stephenson suspened
Mays out

Titans will be a tougher game than originally thought with all these players out..

So the Titans will blow KC out instead of winning by 3?

mennonite
09-06-2014, 03:25 PM
The Titans D has not looked very good in preseason. If the Chiefs lose this game, I don't think they will win 5 games this season.

KCStud
09-06-2014, 03:30 PM
So the Titans will blow KC out instead of winning by 3?

Idk why you hate KC so much, but it's funny. You think they'll lose every game every year Ha!

Brohemoth
09-06-2014, 04:09 PM
Marcus Cooper out
DAT out
Catapano out
Bowe suspended
Stephenson suspened
Mays out

Why in the world would you include Mays in your list of missing pieces? The dude just flings himself at the LOS and hopes he hits something.

broncosteven
09-06-2014, 04:32 PM
Why in the world would you include Mays in your list of missing pieces? The dude just flings himself at the LOS and hopes he hits something.

Surprised kFc hasn't picked up Vickerson, they like our trash

extralife
09-06-2014, 05:20 PM

Like I said, cutting him would not have been cutting costs at all. There are ten spots on the practice squad. If they cut him, that spot is going to someone else, who is also getting paid. This didn't cost them a cent.

Maleficent
09-06-2014, 05:51 PM
After ESPN analyst and former Bronco Mark Schlereth in essence called Eric Decker an overrated crybaby, the Jets’ new receiver refused to get in a war of words and said his play would speak for him. But in case that’s not enough, Gang Green’s coach and players spoke up for him, too.

“Am I surprised? I guess, yeah. I mean, I don’t know how to answer that. We did interviews in Denver a couple times, and it always was good,’’ Decker said Friday.

Asked if Schlereth’s comments seemed over-the-top, Decker responded: “Like it was a little personal? Really, I’m just going to handle my business. I’ve got more things to worry about as far as getting ready for the Oakland Raiders.

“There was never anything that I could think of that’d give us to have beef. I’m not going to get into a battle of who-said-what or how-he-feels-about-what. He said what he said, and he’s obligated to his opinion. We’ll just move on. … I’m going to let my talking be on the field. That’s really what will in time prove itself.”

According to Schlereth — an offensive lineman who during his 12-year career won two Super Bowls in Denver, where Decker played the first four seasons of his career— that will take a lot of proving.

Schlereth said he isn’t impressed with the receiver’s ability or attitude, calling him a “product of that [Broncos] offense” who would catch just 40-to-50 passes this year, after he snared a combined 172 the last two campaigns to earn a five-year, $36.25 million deal.

“Decker in my mind was your fourth option in Denver, and that’s the talent I think he has. I think he’s a marginal No. 2 at best,” Schlereth said Wednesday on ESPN radio. “The worst cover guy you have on your defense is assigned to Eric Decker every week. New York will go crazy watching him be covered 1-on-1 and incomplete passes, throwing his arms up, begging for flags.

“I’m telling you New York, get ready, begging for flags like ‘I was interfered with. That’s the only reason I didn’t catch that ball,’ every play, and then tripping over his own feet. Going for a big play and all of a sudden the turf monster gets him, ‘Bam!’ sniper, down. It’ll drive you crazy. It’ll absolutely drive you crazy.’’

Though Decker took the high road, his new teammates came to his defense.

“It sounded like jealousy to me,” fellow wide receiver David Nelson told The Post. “I don’t know why you’d ever come out and bash a guy, especially as a former player, why you’d come out and say something like that about somebody. That’s inaccurate, first of all. It’s unfortunate that someone like that has to come out and say those things.

“Decker hasn’t come out there and beat his chest, he hasn’t come out here and bragged about himself. I don’t know what the reasoning was to come out and put him down. It sounded like there was something deeper there. It just didn’t sound very professional. There’s a way as an analyst to criticize a player and how he plays: I think he crossed the line.’’

Veteran offensive lineman Willie Colon also wondered if Schlereth’s comments were personally driven.

“I heard about it. I like Mark Schlereth. I like how he stands up for the O-line, I like his ability to be open on TV. I don’t know if there’s something [personal],’’ Colon said. “But I know Decker, the kid loves football, he’s passionate about it. … When you hear comments like that as a player all you’ve got to do is do what you do to prove those comments wrong.’’

While a Jets public relations staffer was trying to defuse him, coach Rex Ryan shot back that Schlereth has a history of his critiques being proven wrong — including when he ripped defensive tackle Haloti Ngata, whom Ryan coached as a Baltimore assistant.

“Thanks, because you know I’d fire back at this dude. He was a great player, there’s no question. By the way, he makes some darn good salsa, too. I’m going to give him some props. I’m not going to say he’s got bad salsa, because he’s got great salsa,’’ Ryan said jokingly, referring to Schlereth’s Stinkin’ Good chile sauce.

“But I just remember something he said about Ngata when he came out that just shows he’s not 100 percent on his opinions on players. So again, we’ll get to see, and it starts with Oakland on Sunday.’’

For the record, Schlereth said this about Ngata after the 2006 draft: “He’s on the ground more than grass,’’ adding, “You can’t be taking a nap on the field.’’

Ryan remembered the quote verbatim eight years later; rest assured, Decker will remember on Sunday, protestations to the contrary.

http://nypost.com/2014/09/05/eric-decker-takes-high-road-while-rex-rips-mark-schlereths-remarks/

mennonite
09-06-2014, 06:15 PM
I don't like Schlereth.

I find him a little creepy, honestly. He always seems like he's being too sincere and too affable. His mannerisms are so fabricated that I get a weird "uncanny valley" reaction to him. Peggy Noonan and Thomas Friedman give me the same creepy vibe. All three of them set off my "do not trust" alarm as soon as they start talking.

They're the Stepford Talking Heads.

extralife
09-06-2014, 06:38 PM
“The worst cover guy you have on your defense is assigned to Eric Decker every week."

except for, you know, the super bowl, where he was covered by Sherman.

even if you would consider him the "fourth option," that only could have possibly been true last years, when we had welker and orange julius making plays. he was strictly the second option in 2012, and the first option for much of 2011.

v2micca
09-06-2014, 07:12 PM
The NFL should be on the right side of history here, but both can be true. He's def good enough to be on a practice squad and we can agree to disagree on the reasons he's not

Okay, am I missing something here? I was under the impression that St. Louis wanted to sign him to the practice squad but that Michael Sam chose to sign with the Cowboys due to the fact that Dallas's defensive line depth would probably afford him more opportunities to be promoted to a 53 man squad. I didn't hear any stories about him not being able to land on a practice squad. In fact, it seems he signed with Dallas fairly quickly.

Kaylore
09-06-2014, 07:21 PM
The reason Schlereth isn't popular is because he tries too hard. He's so worried about sounding interesting and smart it seems phony. He's too objective too. People like Mike and Mike because they have their own favorite teams and are open about being Homers for them. It makes listeners feel like they can relate. Stink tries too hard to be a caricature of a perfect analyst, and the result is boring.

KCStud
09-06-2014, 07:35 PM
Surprised kFc hasn't picked up Vickerson, they like our trash

For as much as you watch and follow the Chiefs, you don't have a clue about them.

Ford drafted to replace Houston? Ha!

Bronco
09-06-2014, 08:10 PM
Okay, am I missing something here? I was under the impression that St. Louis wanted to sign him to the practice squad but that Michael Sam chose to sign with the Cowboys due to the fact that Dallas's defensive line depth would probably afford him more opportunities to be promoted to a 53 man squad. I didn't hear any stories about him not being able to land on a practice squad. In fact, it seems he signed with Dallas fairly quickly.
You've missed some things

St. Louis cut him, he didn't make their practice squad or anyone else's practice squad till the league got involved and then he was signed to the dallas ps.

broncosteven
09-06-2014, 08:10 PM
For as much as you watch and follow the Chiefs, you don't have a clue about them.

Ford drafted to replace Houston? Ha!

Dee Ford is listed as the 2nd L-OLB behind Houston.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/team/depth-chart.html

Houston is playing out the last year on his deal, Hali is signed through 2015 though he has huge numbers in those last 2 years.

What did I get wrong Studmuffin?

LikeABoss5820
09-06-2014, 08:35 PM
Dee Ford is listed as the 2nd L-OLB behind Houston.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/team/depth-chart.html

Houston is playing out the last year on his deal, Hali is signed through 2015 though he has huge numbers in those last 2 years.

What did I get wrong Studmuffin?

They'll probably cut Hali, tag/sign Houston and go with Ford/Houston as the OLB's after this year.

KCStud
09-06-2014, 08:48 PM
They'll probably cut Hali, tag/sign Houston and go with Ford/Houston as the OLB's after this year.

Yup we get $9 million from cutting Tamba next year, though I would really like to bring him back on a deal like the one Terrell Suggs recently received.

That $9 million will go a long way towards Houston's contract.

broncosteven
09-06-2014, 08:52 PM
Yup we get $9 million from cutting Tamba next year, though I would really like to bring him back on a deal like the one Terrell Suggs recently received.

That $9 million will go a long way towards Houston's contract.

kFc will be half dimensional if they cut Hali.

DENVERDUI55
09-06-2014, 09:16 PM
Idk why you hate KC so much, but it's funny. You think they'll lose every game every year Ha!

I don't think they will lose every game. I think they win 6 to 8 at best this year. KC was very overrated last year.

maher_tyler
09-06-2014, 09:44 PM
I don't think they will lose every game. I think they win 6 to 8 at best this year. KC was very overrated last year.

How many 2nd and 3rd string QB's did they play against last year?? We saw what happened when they played starting QB's. They were who we thought they were. I don't see how they make it past 8-8.

Kaylore
09-06-2014, 09:52 PM
How many 2nd and 3rd string QB's did they play against last year?? We saw what happened when they played starting QB's. They were who we thought they were. I don't see how they make it past 8-8.

It wasn't just that. They had a lot of lucky bounces. I think the Browns game when the game was functionally over and the Browns muffed a punt and the Chiefs recovered and ended up winning that game. The Chiefs were the luckiest team I have ever seen last year.

KCStud
09-06-2014, 10:36 PM

I have around 7 to 8 wins.

But I don't think Jake Locker will beat us in our home opener. We'll see.

KCStud
09-06-2014, 10:38 PM
"The 2013 Chiefs were the luckiest team since the 2011 Tebow led Broncos."

Shananahan
09-06-2014, 10:44 PM
You're always so content with being garbage as long as there are others on the pile with you.

GoneFishin'
09-07-2014, 08:34 AM
I don't like Schlereth.

I find him a little creepy, honestly. He always seems like he's being too sincere and too affable. His mannerisms are so fabricated that I get a weird "uncanny valley" reaction to him. Peggy Noonan and Thomas Friedman give me the same creepy vibe. All three of them set off my "do not trust" alarm as soon as they start talking.

They're the Stepford Talking Heads.

Years ago he was asked if TD should be in the HOF and he was adamant that he should NOT be in the HOF. I thought that was jacked up. Never really cared for his analysis since.

Powderaddict
09-07-2014, 08:47 AM

We won a playoff game that year.

Have the chefs even won one in your lifetime?

RepentWalpurgis
09-07-2014, 12:23 PM
cutler is hilarious.

theAPAOps5
09-07-2014, 12:48 PM
What happened?

Fired a beautiful INT

brom66an6
09-07-2014, 05:10 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Texans fear No. 1 overall pick Jadeveon Clowney has a meniscus tear that could require arthroscopic surgery, per source.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/508753184769077249">September 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

2KBack
09-07-2014, 05:29 PM
Sounds hysterical...

Well it was to Kyle Williams.

broncosteven
09-07-2014, 05:45 PM
Fired a beautiful INT

2 INT's and nearly a 3rd in OT that sealed the game only because they had to punt and an Aged Fred Jackson steamrolled Chris Conte on the ensuing drive.

crush17
09-07-2014, 05:47 PM

We'll see alright.

God that game was awful.

RepentWalpurgis
09-07-2014, 05:48 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Texans fear No. 1 overall pick Jadeveon Clowney has a meniscus tear that could require arthroscopic surgery, per source.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/508753184769077249">September 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

Man, the Texans have bad luck.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m #Texans OLB Jadeveon Clowney slated to miss 4-6 weeks with a torn meniscus, source says. He’ll have surgery Monday. Tough start to his 2014

Br0nc0Buster
09-07-2014, 05:49 PM
I watched the Bears game since I have Cutler, Jeffery, and Forte on my fantasy team

God Cutler still makes insanely stupid throws into triple coverage
Got picked off by the freaking nosetackle today

Fantasy wise he did fine though

Bronco
09-08-2014, 07:48 AM
Here's the elevator video of ray rice.

http://m.tmz.com/#Video/0-ekaflcqq

mennonite
09-08-2014, 07:52 AM
Did Goodell see that video before handing out his suspension? If so, Goodell needs to go.

go_broncos
09-08-2014, 07:58 AM

WOW..talk about double standards by NFL

Rohirrim
09-08-2014, 08:06 AM

Wow. That sucks for them.

Kaylore
09-08-2014, 08:15 AM
WOW..talk about double standards by NFL

What a garbage POS. I've been mostly "whatever" about the commissioner, but this is has put me in the "fire him" camp. I bet Baltimore still applauds him when he runs onto the field week three. They need to suspend him at least half a season for that.

Johnykbr
09-08-2014, 08:18 AM
Can the NFL extend his suspension? I have to believe there is something in the NFL BA that says they can't. If I were the NFLPA, I would definitely cave on this for some positive publicity then push for concessions on drug testing.

Rohirrim
09-08-2014, 08:29 AM
Ratbird is a Ratbird.

delany
09-08-2014, 08:30 AM

I haven't seen this level of quality prognosticating since Bob.

Kaylore
09-08-2014, 08:49 AM
On the Ravens board they are accusing TMZ of doctoring the footage. Even though Ray admitted to doing it.

DENVERDUI55
09-08-2014, 08:49 AM

Very true. I think the 2011 Broncos had more luck though.

Rabb
09-08-2014, 08:59 AM
Very true. I think the 2011 Broncos had more luck though.

And a playoff win. With Tebow. lol Alex.

Old Dude
09-08-2014, 09:08 AM
Did Goodell see that video before handing out his suspension? If so, Goodell needs to go.

Official word from the NFL is "no." They asked police for all tapes of the incident, but didn't receive this one.

However, what difference does it really make? They already knew what happened. The video just rubs their noses in it.

It's just part of the Ray Lewis legacy. Baltimore Ravens never receive more than a slap on the wrist for anything they do.

I expect that Harbaugh will keep Rice deactivated for an additional three or four games until the stink blows over.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
09-08-2014, 09:11 AM
I remember hearing stuff that the NFL did have the video "that others didnt see"

It doesn't matter cause we all know what went down in that elevator without even having to see it. Did anyone think it wouldn't be savage? Goodell is a punk through and through for this. The NFL assigns more than one investigator per team when stuff happens. There is no way the hotel would hold back video during investigations. That was seen.

Rohirrim
09-08-2014, 09:11 AM
Official word from the NFL is "no." They asked police for all tapes of the incident, but didn't receive this one.

However, what difference does it really make? They already knew what happened. The video just rubs their noses in it.

It's just part of the Ray Lewis legacy. Baltimore Ravens never receive more than a slap on the wrist for anything they do.

I expect that Harbaugh will keep Rice deactivated for an additional three or four games until the stink blows over.

The Ratbirds? Hell, no. Harbaugh will have him out there the second he's activated and all their **** fans will cheer their heads off. This is the team that made a hero out of a murderer (alleged).

theAPAOps5
09-08-2014, 09:14 AM

Wow

Goodell is a clown

theAPAOps5
09-08-2014, 09:16 AM
On the Ravens board they are accusing TMZ of doctoring the footage. Even though Ray admitted to doing it.

Because TMZ put that new fangled slow motion in and it just blew those mouth breathers minds.

Old Dude
09-08-2014, 09:17 AM
... Harbaugh will have him out there the second he's activated and all their **** fans will cheer their heads off.

I agree about the Ratbird fans, but the league office is catching so much well-deserved flak about this that Harbaugh will toss Goodell a bone. If he doesn't, then Goodell may have to act to save his own job, even if it means retroactively imposing additional punishment.

mennonite
09-08-2014, 09:19 AM

I haven't seen this level of quality prognosticating since Bob.

http://i.imgur.com/jKtSREm.jpg

ludo21
09-08-2014, 10:45 AM
Sickening video, confirms what he supposedly already told the league he did and the team.

Disgusting he only got 2 games, and the team better rethink playing him if they want to save some PR face here.

I dont think the league can now additionally suspend him. Can they?

ludo21
09-08-2014, 10:47 AM
B/R - just reported that team officials are considering cutting Ray Rice now.

broncocalijohn
09-08-2014, 10:49 AM
I watched the Bears game since I have Cutler, Jeffery, and Forte on my fantasy team

God Cutler still makes insanely stupid throws into triple coverage
Got picked off by the freaking nosetackle today

Fantasy wise he did fine though

And there you have it...

"Cutler, HOF Fantasy football player"

Just think how good Cutler would be if there was a FF league where only plays between the 20s were counted for offense.

Rohirrim
09-08-2014, 10:52 AM

I guess Ozzie figures, "Who needs this ****?"

Raiders calling...

pricejj
09-08-2014, 10:53 AM
Yeah, kinda like the other Harbaugh was going to cut Aldon Smith.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-08-2014, 10:55 AM
Apparently, for what its worth, the NFL didnt have access to that video...so they say. Pretty disgusting stuff.

ludo21
09-08-2014, 10:58 AM
Apparently, for what its worth, the NFL didnt have access to that video...so they say. Pretty disgusting stuff.

Peter King said otherwise back in July.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-08-2014, 11:06 AM
Peter King said otherwise back in July.

They came out with a statement. Not saying they aren't lying, but if they are caught lying about it, that's pretty damning.

Kid A
09-08-2014, 11:10 AM

Baltimore has made it horrifyingly clear in their tone deaf PR that their #1 concern from the start was keeping Rice's image (and their financial investment in that image) clean, not justice or any moral measurement.

Nothing in the new video should be a surprise. We knew he punched her out, and that's what's on the film. But for obvious reasons, actually seeing said punch out seems to have woken up a lot of weak willed people who were happy to fall back on "well we don't know exactly what happened" bull****. Now there is no more depending on the willful suspension of disbelief by Raven fans. They have to cut ties with him to salvage any public goodwill.

Kid A
09-08-2014, 11:15 AM
I swear to god, if the Ravens cut Rice and then people applaud them taking a strong stand or whatever... **** them no matter what they do from here on out.

Never forget this is an actual thing their PR team actually posted after an actual horror show of a press conference they hosted:

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--1p_BN8XX--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/ubh2wc4uo1cjgtm2iso2.png

crush17
09-08-2014, 11:25 AM
That's so disgusting.

My thoughts exactly.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
09-08-2014, 11:28 AM
I swear to god, if the Ravens cut Rice and then people applaud them taking a strong stand or whatever... **** them no matter what they do from here on out.

Never forget this is an actual thing their PR team actually posted after an actual horror show of a press conference they hosted:

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--1p_BN8XX--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/ubh2wc4uo1cjgtm2iso2.png

Good find.

****ty team before the incident. ****ty team after. Murder, domestic violence. It's all good to them.

baja
09-08-2014, 12:15 PM

Ya her face was in the wrong place at the wrong time I guess?

El Guapo
09-08-2014, 12:25 PM
Ray Rices' contract has been revoked. This escalated quickly.

El Guapo
09-08-2014, 12:26 PM
Ya her face was in the wrong place at the wrong time I guess?

She did throw a couple of "punches" at him, but that didn't justify him punching her in the face.

canadianbroncosfan
09-08-2014, 12:28 PM

The fact that she feels any blame in this is exactly why **** heads who commit domestic abuse get slaps on the wrist. They make the victim feel blame.

crush17
09-08-2014, 12:30 PM
Ravens have released Ray Rice.

pricejj
09-08-2014, 12:32 PM
Goodell deserves to go down for this. He pretends to e some heavy handed commissioner to do what's best for the NFL. In practice, he comes down hard on petty offenses, while trying to cover up huge ones, like ray, rice, spygate, and ray lewis.

Kaylore
09-08-2014, 12:34 PM
Ravens have released Ray Rice.

In related news, Rice is trying out for the Bengals. /not serious

Gutless Drunk
09-08-2014, 12:34 PM
Goodell deserves to go down for this. He pretends to e some heavy handed commissioner to do what's best for the NFL. In practice, he comes down hard on petty offenses, while trying to cover up huge ones, like ray, rice, spygate, and ray lewis.

It's kind of stomach turning how absolutely sleazy he really is. It offers a peak into his soul and it is reprehensible.