PDA

View Full Version : Around The NFL:

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76

broncocalijohn
08-12-2014, 10:43 PM
I was honestly kind of expecting it/looking forward to it. Drunken thread on my part, might've got the perma ban had SoCal not banned me when he did. Anyway, whatever.

So what thread was this? Seems like a very nice time.

Bronc0guy
08-12-2014, 10:45 PM
So what thread was this? Seems like a very nice time.

It's on the butt. Chrissy rules is a fraud, a thread that I unfortunately started. Feel free to read away!

broncocalijohn
08-12-2014, 10:52 PM
It's on the butt. Chrissy rules is a fraud, a thread that I unfortunately started. Feel free to read away!

Yeah, i found the link and came back to delete my post. From what I gathered, you ****ed up and Chrissy proved she is as computer unsavvy as she is with the English language. She proved herself and you didn't. The back handed compliment is still there at least for Chrissy. Someday we might get to meet her but I doubt she will travel far from her Georgia area. Maybe Rev can go up the coast and give a report.

Bronc0guy
08-12-2014, 10:57 PM
Yeah, i found the link and came back to delete my post. From what I gathered, you ****ed up and Chrissy proved she is as computer unsavvy as she is with the English language. She proved herself and you didn't. The back handed compliment is still there at least for Chrissy. Someday we might get to meet her but I doubt she will travel far from her Georgia area. Maybe Rev can go up the coast and give a report.

Yea, I got drunk and made a thread I probably shouldn't have. Some just found it funny, and others got offended, for whatever reason.

Maleficent
08-12-2014, 11:03 PM
OXNARD, Calif. – Stern warning from both coaching staffs, extra police officers, many of them wearing flak jackets, police dogs and the decision to separate Cowboys and Raiders fans to opposite sides of the training facility couldn't prevent a melee in the first of two joint practices Tuesday afternoon.

A brawl between the Raiders offense and Cowboys defense – started after a hard tackle by Dallas cornerback Morris Claiborne – spilled over the sideline and up against the fence where a large group of Raiders fans were watching.

That's when it got ugly.

Dallas cornerback B.W. Webb said he felt someone on his back, swinging a helmet at his head. Thinking it was a player, Webb spun around and swung his right arm. Webb told USA TODAY Sports he didn't know it was a fan. Many of the Raiders fans brought helmets to get autographed by players after the practice.

"That's definitely a dangerous situation," Webb said. "I don't know why fans would want to jump on this side of the fence. I don't think they'd like it too much on this side."

After that fight dissipated, police officers moved to stand between the sideline and the Raiders fan section.

Raiders fans, many of whom arrived hours before the practice began, were far louder and more spirited than their Cowboys fans counterparts, though both sides did engage in several rounds of "Cowboys Suck" and "Raiders Suck" chants. The chants reached their peak after the big brawl near the Raiders' section.

It didn't seem to bother either Cowboys owner Jerry Jones nor Oakland owner Mark Davis, who held a joint media session after the practice. There, they both laughed about the scrums.

"I would have at least expected [Davis] to go over there and shut that group down," Jones said, laughing. "I don't know what was holding him back."

Davis interjected that he just wanted his players to keep their helmets on.

"You're supposed to be the host here, you go shut them up," Davis said.

Jones even lauded one of Oakland's players (offensive linemen Austin Howard) for his feistiness against the Cowboys players. Howard was involved in at least one scuffle.

"No. 77 is a tough guy. Got one of the most effective uppercuts I've seen in football," Jones said. "Boy, that 77 was putting some hurt on 'em."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/cowboys/2014/08/12/dallas-cowboys-oakland-raiders-practice-fight-fan-helmet/13983023/

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/MYiEjpBPMDl/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

broncocalijohn
08-12-2014, 11:18 PM
^^^ Two teams that used to be relevant to the upper echelon of the league.

"Raiders fans, many of whom arrived hours before the practice began, were far louder and more spirited than their Cowboys fans counterparts, though both sides did engage in several rounds of "Cowboys Suck" and "Raiders Suck" chants. The chants reached their peak after the big brawl near the Raiders' section."

Good chance both sets of fans were chanting that about their own team?

Kevin8Nine
08-13-2014, 01:00 AM
What is up with Training camps this year?

So many fights.

Broncos even had a little skirmish yesterday

I wonder if there will be repercussions/ no more mixed practices?

baja
08-13-2014, 01:56 AM
Super Moon.

extralife
08-13-2014, 03:11 AM
I mean when something like this

is allowed to be part of a conversation on what is and isn't offensive and punishable, what's the point?

well I don't know, I think I'm ok with calling out someone who was banned for freely admitting to persistent sexual harassment of another member, then came back, jumped right back into the thread he created boasting about his harassment, and then claimed in a different thread that he was not, in fact, sexually harassing anyone because LOLINTERNET

frozenconcentratedorange
08-13-2014, 04:14 AM
Just read that thread in the butt, what a car crash.
I didn't realise there was so much interest in a stripper (or alt account, who really cares), that somebody would go all Inspector Clouseau.

Chrissy, Bronc0guy, don't change, this stuff makes the internet great.

I made a post yesterday questioning the number of double entendres in Chrissy's post, just for clarity, I neither want to marry Chrissy, nor do I wish to cock block Bronc0guy of the illuminati

gunns
08-13-2014, 05:13 AM
Off season....it does crazy things to some.

missingnumber7
08-13-2014, 05:30 AM
OXNARD, Calif. – Stern warning from both coaching staffs, extra police officers, many of them wearing flak jackets, police dogs and the decision to separate Cowboys and Raiders fans to opposite sides of the training facility couldn't prevent a melee in the first of two joint practices Tuesday afternoon.

A brawl between the Raiders offense and Cowboys defense – started after a hard tackle by Dallas cornerback Morris Claiborne – spilled over the sideline and up against the fence where a large group of Raiders fans were watching.

That's when it got ugly.

Dallas cornerback B.W. Webb said he felt someone on his back, swinging a helmet at his head. Thinking it was a player, Webb spun around and swung his right arm. Webb told USA TODAY Sports he didn't know it was a fan. Many of the Raiders fans brought helmets to get autographed by players after the practice.

"That's definitely a dangerous situation," Webb said. "I don't know why fans would want to jump on this side of the fence. I don't think they'd like it too much on this side."

After that fight dissipated, police officers moved to stand between the sideline and the Raiders fan section.

Raiders fans, many of whom arrived hours before the practice began, were far louder and more spirited than their Cowboys fans counterparts, though both sides did engage in several rounds of "Cowboys Suck" and "Raiders Suck" chants. The chants reached their peak after the big brawl near the Raiders' section.

It didn't seem to bother either Cowboys owner Jerry Jones nor Oakland owner Mark Davis, who held a joint media session after the practice. There, they both laughed about the scrums.

"I would have at least expected [Davis] to go over there and shut that group down," Jones said, laughing. "I don't know what was holding him back."

Davis interjected that he just wanted his players to keep their helmets on.

"You're supposed to be the host here, you go shut them up," Davis said.

Jones even lauded one of Oakland's players (offensive linemen Austin Howard) for his feistiness against the Cowboys players. Howard was involved in at least one scuffle.

"No. 77 is a tough guy. Got one of the most effective uppercuts I've seen in football," Jones said. "Boy, that 77 was putting some hurt on 'em."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/cowboys/2014/08/12/dallas-cowboys-oakland-raiders-practice-fight-fan-helmet/13983023/

And this right here is why NFL teams are going to start going to more and more closed training camps.

Bronco
08-13-2014, 06:10 AM
And this right here is why NFL teams are going to start going to more and more closed training camps.

Is anything less expected when you put a few thousand raider fans in the same place?

missingnumber7
08-13-2014, 06:20 AM
Is anything less expected when you put a few thousand raider fans in the same place?

Well I wouldn't think that you could get a few thousand Raider fans in the same place without visiting a prison.

Bronc0guy
08-13-2014, 06:46 AM
well I don't know, I think I'm ok with calling out someone who was banned for freely admitting to persistent sexual harassment of another member, then came back, jumped right back into the thread he created boasting about his harassment, and then claimed in a different thread that he was not, in fact, sexually harassing anyone because LOLINTERNET

Admitting to sexual harassment and then boasted about it? Come on man. Anyway, I'm done talking about it. It's football time.

TonyR
08-13-2014, 07:00 AM
They both had very similar years in 2013:

Talib - 41 tackles, 14 pd's, 4 int's
DRC - 31 tackles, 14 pd's, 3 int's

If DRC can keep his head on straight...

Talib played in 2 fewer games. And I bet DRC disappoints in NY this season.

Powderaddict
08-13-2014, 07:08 AM
Admitting to sexual harassment and then boasted about it? Come on man. Anyway, I'm done talking about it. It's football time.

You may be done, but the ridicule will probably last for a looooooong time;D

Bronc0guy
08-13-2014, 07:44 AM
You may be done, but the ridicule will probably last for a looooooong time;D

I don't think so, nor do I care. But you go ahead and ride with it, sport.

Powderaddict
08-13-2014, 07:46 AM
But you go ahead and ride with it

That's the plan!

ludo21
08-13-2014, 08:46 AM
Here is a fun OL article:

http://grantland.com/features/lecharles-bentley-nfl-offensive-lineman-school-larry-warford-chance-warmack-geoff-schwartz/

IndelibleScribe
08-13-2014, 09:27 AM
First mistake was allowing Raiders fans to attend a joint practice. The second mistake was getting near them. The third mistake was expecting a few dozen cops to be enough.

El Guapo
08-13-2014, 09:50 AM
The cowboys are just maximizing their time in Cali since their training camp is held in Oxnard. They played SD in preseason game 1 and I'm sure they'll play #2 two in Cali as well. (not wasting time to google their preseason schedule)

Telling that their D is getting burned by Oaklands O. Once again the 'boys D looks horrendous. Ware made a wise choice.

broncocalijohn
08-13-2014, 10:19 AM
The cowboys are just maximizing their time in Cali since their training camp is held in Oxnard. They played SD in preseason game 1 and I'm sure they'll play #2 two in Cali as well. (not wasting time to google their preseason schedule)

Telling that their D is getting burned by Oaklands O. Once again the 'boys D looks horrendous. Ware made a wise choice.

Is Monte Kiffin still running the D from the press box? He was done at Tampa and saving grace when Lane brought him in at USC. He ****ed up that defense and left to go back to the NFL where he is a dinosaur. I knew he would suck in Dallas too. He should retire if he hasn't already.

FISH
08-13-2014, 10:23 AM
So....I see the Cowboys have finally found the perfect shape of tackling dummies to get the most out of their team....they're REALLY going after it....

El Guapo
08-13-2014, 10:59 AM
Is Monte Kiffin still running the D from the press box? He was done at Tampa and saving grace when Lane brought him in at USC. He ****ed up that defense and left to go back to the NFL where he is a dinosaur. I knew he would suck in Dallas too. He should retire if he hasn't already.

Yes. Between Kiffin and the HC wanting to be "more involved" in the D this year, the team is bound to be a bag of dicks.

Shattuck
08-13-2014, 01:14 PM
It's amazing how Jerry Jones has ruined this once proud franchise. His ego won't let him bring in a G M that actually knows what he's doing.

DENVERDUI55
08-13-2014, 04:35 PM

Not to be picky but Ware really didn't have a choice to stay in the big Dink.

Florida_Bronco
08-13-2014, 05:03 PM

The Cowboys wanted him back. He had the choice to sign with them or another team.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
08-13-2014, 05:05 PM

They wanted him. Just not at his insane price tag. Similar to the Dumervil situation.

Enter The Dragon
08-13-2014, 05:51 PM
Per Adam Schefter and Washington Post: NFL is considering toughening its penalties for players who commit acts of domestic violence..

Nice and subtle. First things first. They can start by increasing Ray Rices suspension!

IndelibleScribe
08-13-2014, 07:22 PM
They wanted him. Just not at his insane price tag. Similar to the Dumervil situation.

While that is true... One of these things is not like the other. Ha!

Kaylore
08-13-2014, 07:43 PM
Per Adam Schefter and Washington Post: NFL is considering toughening its penalties for players who commit acts of domestic violence..

Nice and subtle. First things first. They can start by increasing Ray Rices suspension!

In the same vein

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/13/maines-governor-threatens-nfl-boycott-over-ray-rice-suspension/

According to the Associated Press, Republican Paul LePage sent a “scathing” letter to Commissioner Roger Goodell on Tuesday. The letter accuses the NFL of sending the message via the two-game Rice suspension that it’s permissible “for professional athletes to beat women, just for the sake of ratings.”

Kaylore
08-13-2014, 07:45 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/13/chip-kelly-downplays-how-innovative-his-offense-is/

Eagles coach Chip Kelly brought the fast-paced offense he had honed at Oregon to the NFL last year, and the results were great. But Kelly says he’s not as much of an innovator as he’s been made out to be.

Kelly said that offensive trends change in the NFL all the time, and his own emphasis on the hurry-up offense traces its origins to teams like the Bills of the early 1990s and the Bengals of the late 1980s.

There's one coach who's got his fingerprints all over Kelly's offense:

http://jorgensoncompanies.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/lavell.jpg

Kaylore
08-13-2014, 07:46 PM
Raiders pressing the relocation issue

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/13/report-raiders-ramp-up-efforts-to-relocate/

Whether it’s San Antonio or somewhere else, the Raiders seem to be serious about moving the franchise to a place other than Oakland.

Via Vic Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle, owner Mark Davis “is stepping up his efforts” to find a new stadium in a new city, as talks to keep the team in its current town languish.

Tafur also reports that Davis apparently has the NFL’s support. Of course, the destination ultimately selected by Davis will determine whether 23 other owners approve a move.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
08-13-2014, 07:51 PM
Raiders pressing the relocation issue

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/13/report-raiders-ramp-up-efforts-to-relocate/

The city of Oakland is a joke. Warriors are crossing the bridge and the As keep wanting out. The place is nothing but ghetto crime hookers drugs and an overall ****hole.

delany
08-13-2014, 08:53 PM
Was watching Hard Knocks with the Dirty Birds this past week.

Mother of God, why would any NFL team subject themselves to that? Does anyone ever come off looking good in it? Tice looked like a bumbleing idiot.

Bronc0guy
08-13-2014, 09:33 PM
Was watching Hard Knocks with the Dirty Birds this past week.

Mother of God, why would any NFL team subject themselves to that? Does anyone ever come off looking good in it? Tice looked like a bumbleing idiot.

Ahhhh Hard Knocks. Going to get my iPad and watch that as we speak.

Tombstone RJ
08-14-2014, 08:47 AM
faider news:

http://m.mysanantonio.com/sports/pro-sports/article/Oakland-Raiders-owner-in-talks-with-SA-to-5654812.php

IndelibleScribe
08-14-2014, 03:48 PM
The city of Oakland is a joke. Warriors are crossing the bridge and the As keep wanting out. The place is nothing but ghetto crime hookers drugs and an overall ****hole.

They won't pay for ****.
The A's have been stuck in that ratty coliseum for years.

The A's should be in San Jose right now in a brand new stadium but the Giants ****ed that up.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
08-14-2014, 07:43 PM
They won't pay for ****.
The A's have been stuck in that ratty coliseum for years.

The A's should be in San Jose right now in a brand new stadium but the Giants ****ed that up.

Yep. The sewage problem the As have is ridiculous too.

So does anyone know through these games so far, how many extra points were missed due to moving them back?

Also, after seeing the jags #20 get called roughing the passer on Palmer, I have no hope in expecting normal football again. With the amount of flags these refs are controlling outcomes. I know it's just preseason but it's sad to see the NFL has truly become pussified.

SoCalBronco
08-14-2014, 11:04 PM
Allen Hurns starting for Jacksonville. Just a few months after being an UDFA.

Very proud of him.....but not surprised. That kid has always been a winner.

broncosteven
08-15-2014, 11:49 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/13/chip-kelly-downplays-how-innovative-his-offense-is/

There's one coach who's got his fingerprints all over Kelly's offense:

http://jorgensoncompanies.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/lavell.jpg

They forget that Manning has been doing it almost his entire career. Maybe not snapping the ball quickly in order to gain plays but certainly going no huddle and adjusting at the LOS to keep the D from making subs.

Requiem
08-15-2014, 11:58 AM

Well, if there was any team he could start on it would be the Jagwads.

IndelibleScribe
08-15-2014, 12:30 PM

In fairness, he was only starting because Robinson & Shorts were out. Still impressive for a UDFA.

Kaylore
08-15-2014, 12:40 PM
He's no Rod Smith.

Maleficent
08-15-2014, 07:51 PM
At least he tried. lol

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/M3BqaAi29Yj/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BroncsCheer
08-15-2014, 08:04 PM
Chargers look slow, outmatched, and disinterested in Seattle.

Meanwhile the yardbirds are pretty sharp - much better than in Den.
Wilson is tight and SD can't do squat with the ball.

can't wait to see Fluker trying to stop Von and Ware this season

:rubshandstogethermenacingly:

IndelibleScribe
08-15-2014, 08:07 PM
At least he tried. lol

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/M3BqaAi29Yj/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He tried, but what exactly was he "trying" to do?

Bronc0guy
08-16-2014, 08:33 AM
At least he tried. lol

Lol

bronco militia
08-16-2014, 08:35 AM
At least he tried. lol

that's probably more than i would want him to do, but he did enough to give someone else a chance to make the tackle.

SouthStndJunkie
08-16-2014, 09:26 AM
The Chicago Bears agreed to terms with former New York Jets wide receiver Santonio Holmes, a team source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

IndelibleScribe
08-16-2014, 09:55 AM
The Chicago Bears agreed to terms with former New York Jets wide receiver Santonio Holmes, a team source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

That's a hell of a WR corp potentially, Marshall, Jefferey, Wilson and Holmes.
They can definitely get down the field and make you hurt.

Bronc0guy
08-16-2014, 02:17 PM

Cutler is gonna be a fantasy steal this year. Chicago will be fun to watch.

SouthStndJunkie
08-16-2014, 02:37 PM

Throw in Martellus Bennett at TE and an improving offensive line and Jay Cutler might be getting ready to have his best season yet.

I'm not a Jay Cutler hater, I root for him and B-Marsh to play well, so I'd like to see Cutler have a great season for the Bears. He might not match the 4,526 passing yards he had in Denver in 2008 (how incredibly stupid was it to trade him after that season, tanks fer nuttin, Josh), but I could see him throwing for 4,000 yards and tossing 30 TDs if he's able to stay healthy for 15 or 16 games.

DENVERDUI55
08-16-2014, 04:10 PM
(how incredibly stupid was it to trade him after that season, tanks fer nuttin, Josh), .

That was a genious move. Denver wouldn't have Manning or Demaryius without MCD making that trade. The city of Denver would be split on Jay if they hadn't of run him out of town yet. I'll always remember that season for this.

Entering Week 15, the Broncos had an 8–5 record — three games ahead of the San Diego Chargers for the AFC West division title. The Chargers ended the season on a three-game winning streak, while the Broncos ended the season on a three-game losing streak, losing 52–21 to the San Diego Chargers in the regular season finale.

ScottXray
08-16-2014, 04:37 PM
That was a genious move. Denver wouldn't have Manning or Demaryius without MCD making that trade. The city of Denver would be split on Jay if they hadn't of run him out of town yet. I'll always remember that season for this.

Entering Week 15, the Broncos had an 8–5 record — three games ahead of the San Diego Chargers for the AFC West division title. The Chargers ended the season on a three-game winning streak, while the Broncos ended the season on a three-game losing streak, losing 52–21 to the San Diego Chargers in the regular season finale.

Agree that Cutler MIGHT have been good here. But I doubt it with "Mopey Jay" in the mix , and don't forget that he whined his way out of town, because he felt that MCD might have wanted another QB.

McD WAS a huge mistake....but Cutler was a prima donna with an ego bigger than his talent at the time, and Philip Rivers owned his a** mentally. He probably never would have made it past his first contract with Denver even if he hadn't left at that time.

SouthStndJunkie
08-16-2014, 04:55 PM
I knew a Jay Cutler debate would be started up again with a simple comment saying I thought it was a dumb move to trade him.

I'm happy to have Peyton Manning in Denver right now, but if he wouldn't have signed with Denver, I wonder what our QB situation would look like right now?

SouthStndJunkie
08-16-2014, 05:02 PM
For the record, I thought Denver fetched about as much in the trade as they could have hoped for with Jay Cutler, but I just couldn't stand Josh McDaniels and the way he shipped off a lot of Denver's talent without making much of an effort to work with those players.

SoCalBronco
08-16-2014, 05:09 PM
Cutler is gonna be a fantasy steal this year. Chicago will be fun to watch.

We comin!

;D

Maleficent
08-16-2014, 06:23 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>GIF - and Jadeveon Clowney gets a sack on the very next play <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFL?src=hash">#NFL</a> <a href="http://t.co/7V1pe9krhg">http://t.co/7V1pe9krhg</a></p>&mdash; FanSided GIF (@FanSidedGIF) <a href="https://twitter.com/FanSidedGIF/statuses/500800818808123392">August 17, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

baja
08-16-2014, 06:26 PM
Damn he just ran right by him.

Imagine him and Watt on the same team.

Bronco
08-16-2014, 06:37 PM
Luckily they aren't tackling to the ground at practice this week, seems like watt always gets to manning.

Maleficent
08-16-2014, 08:32 PM
I know it's just preseason but Giants scored 27pts in the 4th Q. Giants win.

Giants 27
Colts 26

Drunken.Broncoholic2
08-16-2014, 08:54 PM
I know it's just preseason but Giants scored 27pts in the 4th Q. Giants win.

Giants 27
Colts 26

Colts look tough. They dominated while stuffing Eli to a 1/7 night.

mennonite
08-16-2014, 08:59 PM
Is Eli done?

I know that is a stupid question considering he's won two rings, but the guy looks awful.

ZONA
08-16-2014, 09:06 PM
Chargers look slow, outmatched, and disinterested in Seattle.

Meanwhile the yardbirds are pretty sharp - much better than in Den.
Wilson is tight and SD can't do squat with the ball.

can't wait to see Fluker trying to stop Von and Ware this season

:rubshandstogethermenacingly:

Rivers left after 3 or 4 series I believe. Carroll had his starters in there the entire first half. I think if Rivers had played the entire first half, they would have made it more competitive. But the Chargers D doesn't look all that good.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
08-16-2014, 09:09 PM
Is Eli done?

I know that is a stupid question considering he's won two rings, but the guy looks awful.

He sure didnt look that great last year.

Broncos_OTM
08-16-2014, 09:13 PM
Yeah, if Manning did that in a preseason game I'd be a lot more upset about the decision than the blown tackle.

I remember manning not jumping on a fumble right in front of him last season? after i thought about it made sense, at the time i was pissed. i know i wouldnt want my franchise qb making takles

mennonite
08-16-2014, 09:23 PM
He sure didn't look that great last year.

18 touchdowns. 27 picks.

Would you consider him a top 20 QB right now? I think I could name 20 qbs I'd rather have. He just looks lost out there.

cutthemdown
08-16-2014, 10:13 PM
I remember manning not jumping on a fumble right in front of him last season? after i thought about it made sense, at the time i was pissed. i know i wouldnt want my franchise qb making takles

Brees tried that against Denver and it was his ticket out of San Diego to NO. Maybe he would have went anyways but I remember in that last year there was a fumble by the goal line and he dove for it, got his shoulder torn to shreds for his trouble.

Unless its the Superbowl or a playoff game the QB probably shouldn't dive in for a loose ball.

Sly_Eli
08-16-2014, 10:28 PM
Brees tried that against Denver and it was his ticket out of San Diego to NO. Maybe he would have went anyways but I remember in that last year there was a fumble by the goal line and he dove for it, got his shoulder torn to shreds for his trouble.

Unless its the Superbowl or a playoff game the QB probably shouldn't dive in for a loose ball.

Yeah, it's so not even close to worth it. There's not even an argument for it, unless, like you said, it's the 4th qtr of a playoff game, or something similar.

Not second quarter at home against the Jags.

DENVERDUI55
08-16-2014, 11:12 PM

That was against Jacksonville. I wasn't that passed as it was obvious Denver would win that game.

boltaneer
08-16-2014, 11:21 PM
Rivers left after 3 or 4 series I believe. Carroll had his starters in there the entire first half. I think if Rivers had played the entire first half, they would have made it more competitive. But the Chargers D doesn't look all that good.

Rivers played one series.

Seattle had their starting offense in for the first half.

But yeah, the defense isn't looking good at all, in particular the d-line and they're all banged up. Four linemen probably won't play next week. They're going to have to sign some guys off the street just to get through a preseason game, lol.

Maleficent
08-16-2014, 11:32 PM
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/mAkwAzLNntM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/mAkwAzLNntM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/JB4ff5yh_po?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/JB4ff5yh_po?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Bronc0guy
08-17-2014, 12:30 AM
We comin!

;D

You a closet bears fan!? Or Is cutler your fantasy signal caller?

Bronc0guy
08-17-2014, 12:31 AM
:cowgirlColts look tough. They dominated while stuffing Eli to a 1/7 night.

We will slaughter them on opening Sunday.

UberBroncoMan
08-17-2014, 12:32 AM
I know Nate Irving is coming along but **** do I wish we were able to get Ryan Shazier...or even C.J. Mosley, but especially Ryan Shazier.

theAPAOps5
08-17-2014, 12:36 AM
We comin!

;D

Weak

errand
08-17-2014, 12:47 AM

Both

gyldenlove
08-17-2014, 03:15 AM
Is Eli done?

That Giants offense is so talent depleted. It was never great, it was the defense who really won the those 2 rings over the Patriots. I think Eli is the same guy he always was, he just doesn't have the run game that they used to have and the offenive line is doing a really solid Steelers impersonation. Eli was never Peyton, he doesn't elevate the play of the entire group around him, he needs the other players to be good on their own and right now the other players are ****.

I think with a competent offensive coach (something they don't have) and a better supporting cast he could easily return to his old level of play.

If the 49ers won't pay Harbaugh what he wants the Giants will, because there is no way Coughlin and Mcadoo are still in New Jersey after the season.

bap454
08-17-2014, 03:55 AM
Both ways
Fixed it for ya. Welcomes.

CEH
08-17-2014, 06:12 AM
Anyone catch Teddy yet. He looks like the real deal. Smooth as silk

Led the Vikes on an 87 yard game winning TD drive with 1:11 left to play.

Before that he was something like 10-13 with another TD

GoneFishin'
08-17-2014, 06:28 AM
I knew a Jay Cutler debate would be started up again with a simple comment saying I thought it was a dumb move to trade him.

I'm happy to have Peyton Manning in Denver right now, but if he wouldn't have signed with Denver, I wonder what our QB situation would look like right now?

It was an absolutely unbelievable stupid trade. But in the end I wouldn't change the McD years and all of his terrible decisions because of the way things worked out because of it.

GoneFishin'
08-17-2014, 06:33 AM
Luckily they aren't tackling to the ground at practice this week, seems like watt always gets to manning.

The Main Event could be Clady vs. Clowney. That would be a lot of fun watching those two battle in practice all week.

Kaylore
08-17-2014, 07:06 AM

Oh he's not in the closet.

baja
08-17-2014, 07:35 AM
Oh he's not in the closet.

Put it this way if the Bears ever hire Mike Shanahan that will be the last we see of So. Cal.

crush17
08-17-2014, 07:45 AM
Clowney Clownin'

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000379147/Clowney-makes-big-plays-against-Falcons

Rohirrim
08-17-2014, 07:56 AM
Clowney Clownin'

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000379147/Clowney-makes-big-plays-against-Falcons

In the future, teams might want to assign somebody to block him. ;D

bronco militia
08-17-2014, 08:43 AM
ole!

for ****s sakes, atlanta....

IndelibleScribe
08-17-2014, 09:12 AM
Clowney Clownin'

Keep him away from Peyton's neck!

Rohirrim
08-17-2014, 09:25 AM
ole!

for ****s sakes, atlanta....

Maybe the OC has a grudge with Antone Smith? Ha!

Sly_Eli
08-17-2014, 09:32 AM
Clowney Clownin'

It'll be interesting to see how our O-line handles Clowney/Watt in joint practices and in the game next week. Good practice for them for sure.

baja
08-17-2014, 09:43 AM
It'll be interesting to see how our O-line handles Clowney/Watt in joint practices and in the game next week. Good practice for them for sure.

Clowney looks unstoppable, I hope he doesn't break any Broncos next week.

DENVERDUI55
08-17-2014, 09:58 AM
It was an absolutely unbelievable stupid trade. But in the end I wouldn't change the McD years and all of his terrible decisions because of the way things worked out because of it.

Not really. It could of been a great trade if MCD didn't piss away the resources he acquired for the overrated QB.

ScottXray
08-17-2014, 10:00 AM
Clowney looks unstoppable, I hope he doesn't break any Broncos next week.

That is the question. They practice all week against each other, then play a game. There are going to be injuries next week , and then time for "payback" in the final starters tune-up game. Its a bad recipe, IMO. Lets hope old age and wisdom win out over youth and inexperience consistently.

Watt on the other side against Clark , or both coming on the inside left is a problem. Stay healthy Guys.

oubronco
08-17-2014, 10:04 AM
Let Brock have that game

baja
08-17-2014, 10:41 AM
Let Brock have that game

I really like that idea. Manning does not need the reps keep him as far away from that meat grinder of NFL hopefuls

Maleficent
08-17-2014, 11:52 AM
I think it's NFL related. lol

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>$35 for a cheeseburger, fries and drink. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/levi?src=hash">#levi</a>'sstadium</p>&mdash; Vic Lombardi (@VicLombardi) <a href="https://twitter.com/VicLombardi/statuses/501077519098216448">August 17, 2014</a></blockquote>

Broncos_OTM
08-17-2014, 12:43 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>$35 for a cheeseburger, fries and drink. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/levi?src=hash">#levi</a>'sstadium</p>&mdash; Vic Lombardi (@VicLombardi) <a href="https://twitter.com/VicLombardi/statuses/501077519098216448">August 17, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>that's ****ing nuts.

Kevin8Nine
08-18-2014, 05:02 PM
Redskins vs manziel Starts now!

LikeABoss5820
08-18-2014, 06:03 PM
<s>@</s>MikeGarafolo (https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo): Cardinals believe DT Darnell Dockett tore his ACL today, sources tell <s>@</s>FOXSports1 (https://twitter.com/FOXSports1)

Requiem
08-18-2014, 06:06 PM
<s>@</s>MikeGarafolo (https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo): Cardinals believe DT Darnell Dockett tore his ACL today, sources tell <s>@</s>FOXSports1 (https://twitter.com/FOXSports1)

That is really sad news. He has been one of my favorite football players ever. Just a consistent dude. Had only missed a few games in ten years, now he is done for the year. Get better, DD.

crush17
08-18-2014, 06:57 PM
Ugh. Tough break for him and the team.

El Guapo
08-18-2014, 07:01 PM
Clowney Clownin'

I named my fantasy team "Insane Clowney Posse." :wave:

broncosteven
08-18-2014, 07:02 PM
Is Eli done?

I wonder if Coughlin hasn't lost the team. I love what he has done beating the Patsy's twice as underdogs but at a certain point coaches messages fall on deaf ears.

Eli does look bad out there but so does their OL, WR's, TE's, and RBs.

El Guapo
08-18-2014, 07:03 PM
that's ****ing nuts.

That's San Fran, most expensive place to live in the country (I believe).

Maleficent
08-18-2014, 07:45 PM
http://twitpic.com/show/thumb/eae1ur.gif

Manziel was caught flipping the bird at the Redskins bench after throwing an incomplete pass on second down during the third quarter of Monday’s preseason game between his Browns and the Skins.

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/johnny-manziel-flips-the-bird-redskins-gif/238787

Broncos_OTM
08-18-2014, 08:00 PM
[IMG]http://twitpic.com/show/thumb/eae1ur.gif[/IMG

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/johnny-manziel-flips-the-bird-redskins-gif/238787
Little wrist tattoo... What a flipping sissu

Powderaddict
08-18-2014, 08:01 PM
Haha I love Manziel just for the extra entertainment.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
08-18-2014, 08:11 PM
That's San Fran, most expensive place to live in the country (I believe).

It wasn't as expensive in Candlestick. They need to pay for that stadium so prices are jacked up on everything. I know several season ticket holders(for years) who didnt or couldn't renew.

GreatBronco16
08-18-2014, 08:14 PM

News flash to Tebow. This is what it takes to be an NFL QB. ;D

broncosteven
08-18-2014, 08:33 PM

It only took Jake the Snake about 8 years to sink to that level.

Manizenl(sp? I don't really care) is overrated and will bust out of the NFL faster than you can say Brady Quinn.

DENVERDUI55
08-18-2014, 10:05 PM

I'm not that surprised. Beers were 12 dollars at Candlestick. It is SFO too where people realize they can charge double at least.

broncocalijohn
08-18-2014, 10:14 PM
It only took Jake the Snake about 8 years to sink to that level.

Manizenl(sp? I don't really care) is overrated and will bust out of the NFL faster than you can say Brady Quinn.

Ryan Leaf thinks he is too immature. Manziel is the name, wasting a pick for Cleveland is his game.

IndelibleScribe
08-18-2014, 10:16 PM

I seriously want to see him do well in the NFL and see just how much drama always surrounds the team. It is going to be a soap opera every week.

broncocalijohn
08-18-2014, 10:20 PM
Clowney Clownin'

Watt and Clowney is going to be two tough guys in the front 7....kind of like Ware and Miller.

theAPAOps5
08-18-2014, 10:23 PM
Ryan Leaf thinks he is too immature. Manziel is the name, wasting a pick for Cleveland is his game.

He was terrible tonight, and so was Hoyer. They will be drafting another 1st round QB next year.

Florida_Bronco
08-19-2014, 05:21 AM
Only Cleveland could think Manziel was a franchise quarterback.

oubronco
08-19-2014, 05:27 AM

Looks like he's flipping off the Ref

missingnumber7
08-19-2014, 05:37 AM
Only Cleveland could think Manziel was a franchise quarterback.

Jason Cambell-8
Brandon Weeden 20
Brian Hoyer 3
Thad Lewis 1
Colt McCoy 21
Senaca Wallace 4
Jake Delhome 4
Brady Quinn 12
Derek Anderson 34
Ken Dorsey 3
Bruce Gradkowski 1
Charlie Frye 19
Trent Dilfer 11
Jeff Garcia 10
Kelly Holcomb 12
Luke McCown 4
Tim Couch 59
Doug Peterson 8
Spergon Wynn 1
Ty Detmer 2

Only 2001 have they had a QB start all 16 games (Tim Couch)
Couch is the only QB to start Double digit games multiple seasons.

Kaylore
08-19-2014, 06:39 AM
I assumed it was the Redskins' sideline

It was. They were jawing him pretty good. He's received a lot of press and was a Heisman winner. He needs to expect that.

Rabb
08-19-2014, 06:58 AM
I don't particularly see any issue with it. Not trying to hurt or cheat or disrespect fans or anything... just saying **** the other team.

Pretty much where I am also. My only issue was him crying about "I am being picked on cuz..." well, that comes with the territory.

bronco militia
08-19-2014, 07:13 AM
Brian Orakpo thought Johnny Manziel’s finger was “hilarious”

Posted by Darin Gantt on August 19, 2014, 7:14 AM EDT
Brian Orakpo, Johnny Manziel
AP
The NFL will likely not share their amusement, but apparently the recipients of Johnny Manziel’s Half-Bud Adams Salute thought it was funny.

Via Tom Reed of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, Washington outside linebacker Brian Orakpo used all 10 of his fingers to make Manziel’s “money” gesture after one of the three sacks Manziel took.

“I didn’t even notice it,” Manziel said, probably focusing on his 6-of-17 passing night. “I was really tuned in and more upset at myself about the first play on that drive not letting that ball fly to [tight end Jordan Cameron] as he was coming under. I kind of hesitated, and when you hesitate things close up.”

And then in the third quarter, when Manziel flipped the bird to the Redskins sidelines, that frustration was evident.

“It was hilarious,” Orakpo said. “We were messing with him a little bit, just saying this ain’t college and stuff like that. We were having a little fun.

“Manziel flipped us off. It was something funny. We were all laughing on the sidelines.”

Again, they’ll likely not share that enthusiasm at 345 Park Avenue, since players have been fined for saluting their own sidelines that way. So the next time Manziel makes his traditional money gesture, he might have to put his fingers a little closer together.

missingnumber7
08-19-2014, 07:14 AM
I don't particularly see any issue with it. Not trying to hurt or cheat or disrespect fans or anything... just saying **** the other team.

If ESPN isn't bobbing up and down on Johnny then this isn't even anything other than a social media thing. Now its the first thing, and its the reason he won't be the starter and its the reason hes not doing good. Do a google image search for nfl players flipping the bird...tons out there. More doing it to fans than other teams.

errand
08-19-2014, 07:17 AM
Not really. It could of been a great trade if MCD didn't piss away the resources he acquired for the overrated QB.

Exactly....

Cutler fans use to say "if he had a decent defense", he goes to Chicago who had a decent defense and then it became "if only he had better WR's"

Cutler is a Jeff George clone.....immense talent with poor attitude

stoxman
08-19-2014, 07:20 AM
Jason Cambell-8
Brandon Weeden 20
Brian Hoyer 3
Thad Lewis 1
Colt McCoy 21
Senaca Wallace 4
Jake Delhome 4
Brady Quinn 12
Derek Anderson 34
Ken Dorsey 3
Bruce Gradkowski 1
Charlie Frye 19
Trent Dilfer 11
Jeff Garcia 10
Kelly Holcomb 12
Luke McCown 4
Tim Couch 59
Doug Peterson 8
Spergon Wynn 1
Ty Detmer 2

Only 2001 have they had a QB start all 16 games (Tim Couch)
Couch is the only QB to start Double digit games multiple seasons.

Wow. I guess if the only thing I complain about are ****ty DB's like Tony Carter, Q Jammer, O Bolden (last year) then I guess I (we) have it great as Bronco fans in comparison to this fail as an organization. Seeing that list I can completely understand the Angry Browns Fan on YouTube that makes the funny FAIL videos about his own team. For reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxv4hOpbFEQ ROFL!

errand
08-19-2014, 07:24 AM

Johnny hasn't "made" it yet......

Kevin8Nine
08-19-2014, 07:29 AM
All anybody cares about is some petty middle finger....

Did anyone watch the game? lol.

Manziel looked TERRIBLE. I honestly think tebow is more accurate

whoever came up with Cocaine tebow, was dead on.

Rohirrim
08-19-2014, 07:42 AM
And a reporter stated that the only reason Jerra Jones didn't take him is because his son took the card out of Jerra's hand. Ha!

Kaylore
08-19-2014, 07:52 AM
I don't have a problem with the finger if it's in practice or you're playing yard ball. I have a problem if it's on TV because it gives the media one more thing to distract you with and pisses your bosses off. You gotta show some temperance.

Smiling Assassin27
08-19-2014, 07:57 AM
Hundred dollar arm, five cent head.

bronco militia
08-19-2014, 08:19 AM
Hundred dollar arm, five cent head.

jake plummer is not amused ;D

Smiling Assassin27
08-19-2014, 08:21 AM
jake plummer is not amused ;D

In Jake's case, you could add '$18,000 Honda Pilot'...

bronco militia
08-19-2014, 08:25 AM
In Jake's case, you could add '$18,000 Honda Element'...

:rofl:

(fyi, fixed your post)

baja
08-19-2014, 09:42 AM
When a six foot 190 pound skinny QB with no accuracy takes the field you are probably looking at Jonny football.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
08-19-2014, 09:43 AM
At least Manziel keeps his persona consistent

Drunken.Broncoholic2
08-19-2014, 09:55 AM
When a six foot 190 pound skinny QB with no accuracy takes the field you are probably looking at Jonny football.

It's pretty funny how he and tebow are polar opposites when it comes to off field. Ones ugly the other not. Ones upstanding and doesn't party. The other is doing lines and flipping people off. Yet both have crazy fanbases and ESPN bows to them.

GreatBronco16
08-19-2014, 10:06 AM
It's pretty funny how he and tebow are polar opposites when it comes to off field. Ones ugly the other not. Ones upstanding and doesn't party. The other is doing lines and flipping people off. Yet both have crazy fanbases and ESPN bows to them.

Just wait until Denver does a trade in a couple years for Johnny M. This place will go nuts.

Arkie
08-19-2014, 02:49 PM

Thanks man!

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/832191061.gif

baja
08-19-2014, 03:49 PM
Just wait until Denver does a trade in a couple years for Johnny M. This place will go nuts.

Will that be before or after Elway hires McD for a second go around?

ShiftyEyedWaterboy
08-19-2014, 03:55 PM

Good lord. Lets not even joke about this please. LOL

IndelibleScribe
08-19-2014, 03:56 PM

I see what you did there. I raise you
http://blogs-images.forbes.com/ericsavitz/files/2011/03/hell-freezes-over.jpg

Gutless Drunk
08-20-2014, 04:49 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Steelers RB Le'Veon Bell &amp; RB LeGarrette Blount charged by Ross Twp Police today w marijuana poss. Bell also charged w DUI after stop today.</p>&mdash; Colin Dunlap (@colin_dunlap) <a href="https://twitter.com/colin_dunlap/statuses/502230701643939840">August 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Blount and Bell had 20 grams of marijuana...were in black Camaro. Unidentified female with two -- also charged. All three &quot;cooperative&quot;</p>&mdash; Colin Dunlap (@colin_dunlap) <a href="https://twitter.com/colin_dunlap/statuses/502235610003021824">August 20, 2014</a></blockquote>

Kevin8Nine
08-20-2014, 04:59 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Steelers RB Le'Veon Bell &amp; RB LeGarrette Blount charged by Ross Twp Police today w marijuana poss. Bell also charged w DUI after stop today.</p>&mdash; Colin Dunlap (@colin_dunlap) <a href="https://twitter.com/colin_dunlap/statuses/502230701643939840">August 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Blount and Bell had 20 grams of marijuana...were in black Camaro. Unidentified female with two -- also charged. All three &quot;cooperative&quot;</p>&mdash; Colin Dunlap (@colin_dunlap) <a href="https://twitter.com/colin_dunlap/statuses/502235610003021824">August 20, 2014</a></blockquote>

Wow. These guys all make more money than lawyers and doctors.... and buy a.....CAMARO!!!! woo hoo!

SouthStndJunkie
08-20-2014, 05:18 PM

Cut them some slack….Cheech and Chong were just on their way to get some Primanti Brothers.

broncosteven
08-20-2014, 07:48 PM

Brilliant.

Meanwhile back at the ranch...their QB is doing motorcycle stunts while finger raping chicks...

ludo21
08-21-2014, 03:10 PM
Billion dollar stadium might play on dirt on Sunday.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/08/21/loose-sod-at-new-levis-stadium-being-removed/14395765/

Drunken.Broncoholic2
08-21-2014, 03:28 PM
Wow. These guys all make more money than lawyers and doctors.... and buy a.....CAMARO!!!! woo hoo!

If it's a ZL1 I approve.

Sly_Eli
08-21-2014, 04:36 PM
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2014/08/champ_bailey_needs_to_show_new.html

Champ can't stay healthy, may not make team

Kevin8Nine
08-21-2014, 04:48 PM
NOW WAY they just called a personal foul for that hit on the steelers wide receiver, IT WAS A CLEAN HIT. The new rules are really starting to effect the fun of watching a game

Kevin8Nine
08-21-2014, 04:50 PM
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2014/08/champ_bailey_needs_to_show_new.html

I am still laughing at tall those Saints Fans who thought that Champ made their Defense ELITE

mennonite
08-21-2014, 05:40 PM
If they keep calling the games this way, the NFL will become unwatchable.

I hope college ball doesn't follow their lead.

LikeABoss5820
08-21-2014, 05:51 PM

That was from August 10th, he'll still make their team.

LikeABoss5820
08-21-2014, 05:52 PM
I am still laughing at tall those Saints Fans who thought that Champ made their Defense ELITE

Jairus Byrd did, along with the emergence of Vaccaro.

Kevin8Nine
08-21-2014, 06:55 PM
Steelers obviously no longer have a steel curtain. After Tebow beat the Steelers #1 Defense in the playoffs they haven't been the same,

Sly_Eli
08-21-2014, 07:20 PM
That was from August 10th, he'll still make their team.

Oops, didn't notice that. He just returned to practice today, though, according to that paper.

Requiem
08-21-2014, 08:15 PM
Steelers are gonna suck ass if Bell and Blount are done for any amount of time. I like Archer, but he was basically everything those guys weren't and totally different than a guy who can shoulder the load all season.

Kevin8Nine
08-21-2014, 08:26 PM
Steelers are gonna suck ass if Bell and Blount are done for any amount of time. I like Archer, but he was basically everything those guys weren't and totally different than a guy who can shoulder the load all season.

What a disaster from a personnel standpoint. 1st and 2nd string RB will be suspended at the same time? yikes.

Traveler
08-22-2014, 12:45 AM
Da'Quan Bowers knows he's on bubble

"You can’t prevent injury," Bowers said. "It happens. Like coach said, any time you can’t perform on the practice field it gives someone else another opportunity. When you do get on the practice field, you’ve got to make your reps count and I think I did a pretty decent job of that this camp with the reps I’ve gotten in the game and in practice. Like coach said, the only way to perform and compete is to be on the field."

Bowers' best hope of making the roster is to make a good impression at defensive tackle and convince the Bucs he can swing between the two positions.

http://espn.go.com/blog/tampa-bay-buccaneers/post/_/id/5734/daquan-bowers-knows-hes-on-the-bubble

Is he damaged goods or could he be another successful reclamation project for Denver if he does get cut?

gyldenlove
08-22-2014, 02:41 AM

Is he damaged goods or could he be another successful reclamation project for Denver if he does get cut?

I think he is done, that position requires explosiveness and sudden power and I just don't think his body can deliver.

Rohirrim
08-22-2014, 05:00 AM
Steelers obviously no longer have a steel curtain. After Tebow beat the Steelers #1 Defense in the playoffs they haven't been the same,

I still wonder what Polamalu was thinking on that play.

Rabb
08-22-2014, 06:02 AM
I still wonder what Polamalu was thinking on that play.

He was thinking we ran on 1st down every play up until that point and they made the best call at the best time.

:strong:

God that was the greatest moment I ever personally witnessed.

Br0nc0Buster
08-22-2014, 06:51 AM

He doesn't have any cartilage in his knee
Once he is cut by the Bucs he will probably be out of the league

Traveler
08-22-2014, 07:25 AM
He doesn't have any cartilage in his knee
Once he is cut by the Bucs he will probably be out of the league

Damn! He's bone on bone?

crush17
08-22-2014, 07:40 AM
Damn! He's bone on bone?

Yep. This was the reason he fell so far in the draft in the first place.

He's most likely done.

ludo21
08-22-2014, 10:03 AM
Best units of all time:

http://grantland.com/features/best-units-nfl-history/

A nod to Peyton and Brock for the "Current" group as well as DT and Welker.

ludo21
08-22-2014, 11:08 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/22/leveon-bell-to-cops-i-smoked-two-hours-ago-im-not-high-anymore/

Ooops. DA

Kevin8Nine
08-22-2014, 11:30 AM
Did you guys hear Forbes ranked broncos fans #2?

TonyR
08-22-2014, 12:06 PM

Definitely threadworthy!

bowtown
08-22-2014, 12:08 PM

Congrats on making this entire thread about you.

broncosteven
08-22-2014, 01:43 PM
Woops, Stephenson caught with PEDS.

The Kansas City Chiefs have lost another key piece along their depth-challenged offensive line.

The team on Friday announced that starting right tackle Donald Stephenson has been suspended by the NFL for the first four games of the regular season. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported that the third-year blocker was banned for violating the league's policy on performance enhancing substances.

"Obviously losing Donald is disappointing, but we are in full compliance with the league's policy," the team wrote on the its official website. "We will have no further comment on the situation."

Losing Stephenson is a rugged blow for a team that already waved farewell to tackle Branden Albert and guards Jon Asamoah and Geoff Schwartz during the offseason.

The pressure now falls on left guard Jeff Allen and rookie bookend Eric Fisher to hold down the fort. The untested Ryan Harris and Zach Fulton are candidates to fill in for Stephenson during a four-game slate that includes the Titans, Broncos, Dolphins and Patriots.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000381842/article/chiefs-ot-donald-stephenson-suspended-four-games

Rohirrim
08-22-2014, 01:56 PM
Woops, Stephenson caught with PEDS.

The Kansas City Chiefs have lost another key piece along their depth-challenged offensive line.

The team on Friday announced that starting right tackle Donald Stephenson has been suspended by the NFL for the first four games of the regular season. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported that the third-year blocker was banned for violating the league's policy on performance enhancing substances.

"Obviously losing Donald is disappointing, but we are in full compliance with the league's policy," the team wrote on the its official website. "We will have no further comment on the situation."

Losing Stephenson is a rugged blow for a team that already waved farewell to tackle Branden Albert and guards Jon Asamoah and Geoff Schwartz during the offseason.

The pressure now falls on left guard Jeff Allen and rookie bookend Eric Fisher to hold down the fort. The untested Ryan Harris and Zach Fulton are candidates to fill in for Stephenson during a four-game slate that includes the Titans, Broncos, Dolphins and Patriots.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000381842/article/chiefs-ot-donald-stephenson-suspended-four-games

Doesn't matter. They were going to lose those four games anyway. :spit:

IndelibleScribe
08-22-2014, 03:27 PM
Damn! He's bone on bone?

That was why he fell in the draft. It was known he would have to at the very least undergo microfracture surgery in the future and at worst would last 4 seasons or less due to the condition.

broncosteven
08-22-2014, 03:51 PM
Even kFc's Mascot Wolfie guy, or something, is suing them:

EPIC Offseason for kFc!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11389620/kansas-city-chiefs-mascot-reaches-settlement-injury

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The man who performs as the Kansas City Chiefs' mascot has reached a legal settlement over severe injuries he suffered last November while practicing a zip line routine.

Lawyers for Dan Meers, better known as KC Wolf, announced the settlement Thursday but said the terms prevent disclosure of the dollar amount or the parties involved.

Attorney Tim Dollar said in a news release that Meers is still recovering and is talking with the Chiefs about a modified role as KC Wolf in the future.

Meers has performed as KC Wolf since the Chiefs adopted the mascot 24 years ago. He suffered what was described as a severe back injury Nov. 23 while practicing the zip line routine at Arrowhead Stadium.

Few details have been disclosed, but Dollar said earlier there may have been an error by a third-party company in securing the rigging.

Kaylore
08-22-2014, 04:15 PM
Congrats on making this entire thread about you.

In his defense everything's about him.

IndelibleScribe
08-22-2014, 04:25 PM
Even kFc's Mascot Wolfie guy, or something, is suing them:

EPIC Offseason for kFc!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11389620/kansas-city-chiefs-mascot-reaches-settlement-injury

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The man who performs as the Kansas City Chiefs' mascot has reached a legal settlement over severe injuries he suffered last November while practicing a zip line routine.

Lawyers for Dan Meers, better known as KC Wolf, announced the settlement Thursday but said the terms prevent disclosure of the dollar amount or the parties involved.

Attorney Tim Dollar said in a news release that Meers is still recovering and is talking with the Chiefs about a modified role as KC Wolf in the future.

Meers has performed as KC Wolf since the Chiefs adopted the mascot 24 years ago. He suffered what was described as a severe back injury Nov. 23 while practicing the zip line routine at Arrowhead Stadium.

Few details have been disclosed, but Dollar said earlier there may have been an error by a third-party company in securing the rigging.

So, he sued the team, won and still has a job? Damn.

mennonite
08-22-2014, 05:37 PM
The Giants offense is dreadful so far.

4 drives. Four points Eli is 5 of 10 for 50 yards.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
08-22-2014, 06:10 PM
Sio Moore of the raiders carted off on stretcher. Looks bad

Maleficent
08-22-2014, 06:17 PM
Hope he's alright.

Maleficent
08-22-2014, 06:18 PM
I'm surprised Aaron Rodgers is still playing. Dink and dunk.

Maleficent
08-22-2014, 06:22 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Antonio Smith of the Raiders is not happy. He got flagged for unsportsmanlike but T.J. Lang tossed him to the ground.</p>&mdash; Rob Demovsky (@RobDemovsky) <a href="https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/statuses/502988756761452545">August 23, 2014</a></blockquote>

Drunken.Broncoholic2
08-22-2014, 06:25 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Antonio Smith of the Raiders is not happy. He got flagged for unsportsmanlike but T.J. Lang tossed him to the ground.</p>&mdash; Rob Demovsky (@RobDemovsky) <a href="https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/statuses/502988756761452545">August 23, 2014</a></blockquote>

I don't blame him. Ripped his helmet off then threw him to the ground. Proceeded to step on him "accidentally" after the play.

Mack looks pretty dam good too. Everyone else on the raiders? Not so much.

alkemical
08-22-2014, 06:27 PM

Pa has a 0 tolerance policy. Anything over 1ng/ml is dui. Psp has a 5ngml limit but the 0 tolerance trumps it. Automatic 6mo dl suspension for possession charges in vehicles too.

Paladin
08-22-2014, 06:28 PM
Panthers.tonight, Giants.next week......

mennonite
08-22-2014, 06:28 PM
The flags have gotten so bad that i think I'll watch most games this year online so I'll have something to do between the constant game stoppages.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
08-22-2014, 06:37 PM
The flags have gotten so bad that i think I'll watch most games this year online so I'll have something to do between the constant game stoppages.

It's ridiculous. Ref influence is just ruining the flow of games.

go_broncos
08-22-2014, 06:44 PM
Bortles is real deal..

Maleficent
08-22-2014, 06:45 PM
Ben Affleck plays for the Raiders. lol

LikeABoss5820
08-22-2014, 06:47 PM
Mack's a beast, smh, wish he didnt fall to them.

Maleficent
08-22-2014, 07:03 PM
Didn't know referee Mike Carey retired. He's joining CBS Sports THURS Night Football.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
08-22-2014, 07:10 PM
Didn't know referee Mike Carey retired. He's joining CBS Sports THURS Night Football.

He seems young to retire already? At least looks young. That's sucks cause his games are relatively called pretty good

Maleficent
08-22-2014, 07:16 PM
According to wiki, Mike is 64-65.

Maleficent
08-22-2014, 07:28 PM
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/nDNSxm--sew?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/nDNSxm--sew?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

D. Ware is in the promo

Paladin
08-22-2014, 07:42 PM
Faiders oline is as bad or worse than chefs

Drunken.Broncoholic2
08-22-2014, 07:48 PM
According to wiki, Mike is 64-65.

Really? Dam doesn't look it.

Also saw he's been requesting not to work redskins games since 2006, due to their name.

mennonite
08-22-2014, 08:01 PM
Faiders oline is as bad or worse than chefs

Both are better than the Giants O line. At one point the Jets got pressure with a two man front.

Seahawks taking it to Chicago.

broncosteven
08-22-2014, 08:09 PM
It's ridiculous. Ref influence is just ruining the flow of games.

The NFL now has 3 teams on the field. The Offensive team, the Defensive team and the Officials.

The product is bad.

BroncsCheer
08-22-2014, 08:11 PM
Really? Dam doesn't look it.

Also saw he's been requesting not to work redskins games since 2006, due to their name.

he has a business moving outdoor gear - outer wear
Pac NW

not his only gig

stand up dude

SoCalBronco
08-22-2014, 08:13 PM
Allen Hurns!

broncosteven
08-22-2014, 08:13 PM
Seahawks taking it to Chicago.

Chicago's D is bad, their secondary might rival the suckage of the chefs.

The thing is that if Jefferies(SP?) makes that catch it is a closer game.

The Briggs penalty on a late hit was BS. He launched before Wilson slid. Once a QB crosses the LOS he should go down before a dude is within 5 yards (like a punt fair catch) or he is fair game. These young QB's wait until the very last second to slide, they should have to commit early or take the hits without flags.

Maleficent
08-22-2014, 08:15 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>RT <a href="https://twitter.com/InsideNFLMedia">@InsideNFLMedia</a>: REMINDER: Once the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/OAKvsGB?src=hash">#OAKvsGB</a> game shown nationally on CBS is over, <a href="https://twitter.com/nflnetwork">@nflnetwork</a> will join <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CHIvsSEA?src=hash">#CHIvsSEA</a> live in-progress</p>&mdash; NFL Network (@nflnetwork) <a href="https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/statuses/503014720777895937">August 23, 2014</a></blockquote>

mennonite
08-22-2014, 08:17 PM
A little late for that NFL Network. It looks like it's about to be 28 to nothing.

This makes me feel a tiny bit better about the Broncos winning the preseason game against the Seahawks. Just a tiny bit.

Maleficent
08-22-2014, 08:29 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rex Ryan says Geno Smith will be Jets starter in Sept 7 opener vs OAK. &quot;Yeah, he'll be our starter. He's done everything we've asked.&quot;</p>&mdash; Kimberly Jones (@KimJonesSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/KimJonesSports/statuses/503017643381899264">August 23, 2014</a></blockquote>

BroncoDoug
08-22-2014, 08:38 PM
31-0 Dang. Cutler with a redzone interception. I live in Illinois, and all everyone is talking about is how good Cutler has looked in TC and Pre Season and how big of a season he is going to have. I know its preseason and vanilla packages and all that. But he still throws off his back foot almost every throw, and just relies on pure arm strength most of the time. I don't see much in terms of anticipation throws, its all just zipping it in there when the receiver breaks open and hope they catch it and make a play.

He is who we thought he was I guess haha

DenverDynamite
08-22-2014, 08:42 PM
31-0 Dang. Cutler with a redzone interception. I live in Illinois, and all everyone is talking about is how good Cutler has looked in TC and Pre Season and how big of a season he is going to have. I know its preseason and vanilla packages and all that. But he still throws off his back foot almost every throw, and just relies on pure arm strength most of the time. I don't see much in terms of anticipation throws, its all just zipping it in there when the receiver breaks open and hope they catch it and make a play.

Bears got jobbed on that one.. B.S. offensive PI on the play before.

Broncos_OTM
08-22-2014, 08:51 PM
You had to figure cutler would get drilled against the hawks

BroncoDoug
08-22-2014, 09:00 PM
Bears got jobbed on that one.. B.S. offensive PI on the play before.

Maybe, maybe not. Doesn't matter. Doesn't really change the fact that they look lost with whatever they are trying to do, preseason or not.

Maleficent
08-22-2014, 10:33 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>60 FPS: Ricardo Lockette's massive hit on Darius Reynaud.

<a href="http://t.co/HTVkjUMelK">http://t.co/HTVkjUMelK</a></p>&mdash; Jose (@Jose8BS) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jose8BS/statuses/503050523860533248">August 23, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>GIF: Sherman's reaction to Ricardo Lockette's attempted murder. <a href="http://t.co/PIsW2RB8Sb">http://t.co/PIsW2RB8Sb</a></p>&mdash; Jose (@Jose8BS) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jose8BS/statuses/503040142391918595">August 23, 2014</a></blockquote>

Maleficent
08-22-2014, 10:37 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Why I'm not in the nfl. <a href="http://t.co/Cn0LnPQXzQ">pic.twitter.com/Cn0LnPQXzQ</a></p>&mdash; Isaac Redman (@ired33) <a href="https://twitter.com/ired33/statuses/502826137207455744">August 22, 2014</a></blockquote>

Shananahan
08-22-2014, 10:49 PM
Wonder what the fine on that one's gonna be.

baja
08-22-2014, 10:51 PM

big

theAPAOps5
08-22-2014, 10:53 PM
That hit was dirty as ****

pricejj
08-22-2014, 10:55 PM
It's a dirty team. The refs let them play that way, now they're trying to cover their asses by throwing 30 flags a game for illegal contact.

Nice try losers.

mennonite
08-22-2014, 10:57 PM
I read that the Seahawks had one penalty called against them in the first half tonight. They had three in the first half last week against the Chargers. And they had fewer penalties called against them than the Broncos in week one.

baja
08-22-2014, 11:05 PM
There was an article a while back that said Carroll is having his team practicing extensively to play within the new rule parameters while hitting a hard as legal. I thought that was smart.

boltaneer
08-22-2014, 11:56 PM
I read that the Seahawks had one penalty called against them in the first half tonight. They had three in the first half last week against the Chargers. And they had fewer penalties called against them than the Broncos in week one.

They got away with a lot of illegal contact last week in the Charger game.

Not really sure how that works since it seems like you look at a WR now and get flagged. Seems to happen to all the other teams this pre-season so far.

LikeABoss5820
08-23-2014, 04:44 AM
Dont see the rule changes really hurting Seattle that much.

They'll still play their physical brand of football, mauling WR's at the LOS all game and still wont get called for it.

Unfortunately, it's true.

LikeABoss5820
08-23-2014, 08:21 AM
Ian Rapoport ‏<s>@</s>RapSheet (https://twitter.com/RapSheet)<small class="time">[/URL] </small> The belief is that [URL="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Packers?src=hash"]<s>#</s>Packers (https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/503199122094956544) NT BJ Raji tore his bicep last night, sources say. Tests will show whether it's fully or partially torn.

pricejj
08-23-2014, 08:44 AM
Honestly, it's branding.

Refs have biases they subconsciously (or maybe consciously) anchor their decisions to and give the benefit of the doubt more and look the other way a little for big name players with reputations for being great players.

It's why Champ almost never got a call, why Tommy gets all the calls he asks for, etc.

This is why the Broncos Defense needs to continue to force Defensive aggression at every point possible. They should be able to overcome the penalties vs. lesser teams. But when playing NE and Seattle, the refs will be forced to call it fairly.

Rohirrim
08-23-2014, 09:09 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>60 FPS: Ricardo Lockette's massive hit on Darius Reynaud.

<a href="http://t.co/HTVkjUMelK">http://t.co/HTVkjUMelK</a></p>&mdash; Jose (@Jose8BS) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jose8BS/statuses/503050523860533248">August 23, 2014</a></blockquote>

I'm guessing suspension and a big wad of money for that one.

pricejj
08-23-2014, 09:31 AM
Ramming your helmet into a blind defenseless WR's helmet after running at full speed for 40 yards... in the preseason.

Only the Seahawks.

Shattuck
08-23-2014, 09:36 AM
Dont see the rule changes really hurting Seattle that much.

They'll still play their physical brand of football, mauling WR's at the LOS all game and still wont get called for it.

Unfortunately, it's true.

Don't look for the refs to help other teams beat Seattle. Offenses need to man up. Have your team run the football then their "mauling WR's at the LOS"won't help them. Anyway the Broncos were some how able to overcome it in pre season.

Shattuck
08-23-2014, 09:47 AM
Ramming your helmet into a blind defenseless WR's helmet after running at full speed for 40 yards... in the preseason.

Only the Seahawks.
I certainly hope Chicago wasn't using a blind receiver although that would explain a lot. Only Seattle makes illegal hits that just made me laugh.

Gutless Drunk
08-23-2014, 11:32 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Packers NT B.J. Raji is out for the season, as many suspected, with a torn bicep.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/503247439076540416">August 23, 2014</a></blockquote>

baja
08-23-2014, 11:38 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Packers NT B.J. Raji is out for the season, as many suspected, with a torn bicep.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/503247439076540416">August 23, 2014</a></blockquote>

Ouch, big blow to them.

oubronco
08-23-2014, 11:51 AM

Nothing he's a Seachicken

LikeABoss5820
08-23-2014, 12:08 PM
Wonder if we could trade Mitch or Vick to GB?

Although TT values his draft picks like his children.

Rohirrim
08-23-2014, 12:18 PM
<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/MLdTwbPj7wY/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

broncosteven
08-23-2014, 01:04 PM

Yep, I was listening to The Score and they had the Bears as one of 12 TWELVE! teams with a shot at the SB. I think after that dressing down you will start seeing the bandwagon jumpers. That D is bad and your right, the 1st "highlight" of bears camp I saw this year was Cutler throwing an INT to their bad rookie CB because he threw off his back foot. Cutler has a great release and makes some flat out beautiful throws but still doesn't have proper footwork and gets lazy.

At the opposite spectrum, the 1st camp highlight I saw of Manning was him working on his footwork drills and had obstacles set up to promote proper footwork.

pricejj
08-23-2014, 01:09 PM
I certainly hope Chicago wasn't using a blind receiver although that would explain a lot. Only Seattle makes illegal hits that just made me laugh.

Why do you think the refs are allegedly deciding to enforce illegal contact this year dumbass?

Bronco
08-23-2014, 01:17 PM
Chris Simms still plays? LOL

mennonite
08-23-2014, 02:26 PM
EJ Manuel looks terrible.

Rohirrim
08-23-2014, 02:30 PM
Chris Simms still plays? LOL

It's his little brother, Matt.

mennonite
08-23-2014, 02:32 PM
http://i.imgur.com/3nhzOBo.gif

Shattuck
08-23-2014, 02:34 PM
Why do you think the refs are allegedly deciding to enforce illegal contact this year dumbass?

Not sure smart guy. Would it be because the Broncos got blown out in the Super Bowl?

broncosteven
08-23-2014, 02:49 PM
Not sure smart guy. Would it be because the Broncos got blown out in the Super Bowl?

So are you a kFc or seathug troll?

pricejj
08-23-2014, 02:51 PM

Have you ever watched that show cops?

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/2726127/got-yo-dumbass-o.gif

Shattuck
08-23-2014, 02:56 PM
Have you ever watched that show cops?

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/2726127/got-yo-dumbass-o.gif

Don't tell me you were on it. Is your name really Bubba?

SoCalBronco
08-23-2014, 03:01 PM
Let's focus more on substantive discussion rather than sniping fellas

bowtown
08-23-2014, 03:03 PM
Let's focus more on substantive discussion rather than sniping fellas

Broncos fans were ranked #2 in Forbes.

mennonite
08-23-2014, 03:05 PM

No, he was the guy having a long conversation with Bubba about Islam.

You'd remember him.

SoCalBronco
08-23-2014, 03:05 PM
Broncos fans were ranked #2 in Forbes.

Chicago #1?

;D

pricejj
08-23-2014, 03:06 PM

It's freaky. You should check it out sometime.

Shattuck
08-23-2014, 03:12 PM
Chicago #1?

;D

Packers number 1. Seahawks clear down at 9 surprised me a little.

theAPAOps5
08-23-2014, 03:14 PM

Not me, the bandwagon adjustment will come next year.

SoCalBronco
08-23-2014, 03:18 PM

Agreed.

Seattle's fanbase should be somewhere near the bottom. They are arrogant, often incredibly ignorant, infested with bandwagoners, general blowhards and don't have a particularly special history of support.

They are kind of like LA fans that way.

Shattuck
08-23-2014, 03:19 PM
Not me, the bandwagon adjustment will come next year.

I have no clue why fans find virtue in supporting teams that are bad. When the Seahawks suck again me and my hard earned money will be nowhere near them.

baja
08-23-2014, 03:20 PM
Agreed.

Seattle's fanbase should be somewhere near the bottom. They are arrogant, often incredibly ignorant, infested with bandwagoners, general blowhards and don't have a particularly special history of support.

They are kind of like LA fans that way.

Isn't that just the kind of people you hold in high esteem?

theAPAOps5
08-23-2014, 03:21 PM
I have no clue why fans find virtue in supporting teams that are bad. When the Seahawks suck again me and my hard earned money will be nowhere near them.

I know, this is why your fan base is a joke

SoCalBronco
08-23-2014, 03:21 PM

Shocking.