PDA

View Full Version : Around The NFL:

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76

mennonite
05-21-2014, 01:40 PM
To Req's defense I will admit that you get used to the cold.

"getting used to the cold" = "hypothermia setting in"

bronco militia
05-21-2014, 01:48 PM
sb LOGO

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/minSBlogo-650x340.png

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Super-Bowl-LII-Sandcrawler.jpg

Requiem
05-21-2014, 02:43 PM
...isn't that bad? What are you a ****ing bumble?

http://i.imgur.com/wDNcdRB.jpg

I think the average temperature in Fargo this year for winter (which was like seven months) was less than 10 degrees. After a while, you just get used to it. If I didn't like cold weather, I wouldn't have lived in SD, ND and the mountains of CO during my life.

I will take 10 degrees over 95 and humid any day of the week.

Rohirrim
05-21-2014, 02:52 PM
sb LOGO

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/minSBlogo-650x340.png

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Super-Bowl-LII-Sandcrawler.jpg

Man! That didn't take long. Hilarious!

bronco militia
05-22-2014, 07:17 AM
Man! That didn't take long. Hilarious!

lol....actually, it all started when the Queen's released renderings of their new stadium

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/New-Vikings-Stadium-1.jpg

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Vikings-Stadium-IV-No-Hope-Special-Edition.jpg

Drunken.Broncoholic2
05-22-2014, 12:13 PM
50 senators wasting time trying to change the redskins name. Meanwhile a report just came out that more than 700 congressional employees are delinquent in their taxes for more than 8M. Typical.

That team will was, is, and will forever be the redksins to me.

broncocalijohn
05-22-2014, 12:48 PM
50 senators wasting time trying to change the redskins name. Meanwhile a report just came out that more than 700 congressional employees are delinquent in their taxes for more than 8M. Typical.

That team will was, is, and will forever be the redksins to me.

As long as they are not part of the Tea Party, they should be ok.

TO stay with football reference, Minnesota? WTF? NFL has their noses in some asses of cities and owners. If this is acceptable from this year and Minnesota then Denver should be getting a Super Bowl announcement next year.

Johnykbr
05-22-2014, 01:36 PM
I feel fairly certain this was all in the works to ensure they did not move to LA

IndelibleScribe
05-22-2014, 01:44 PM
The Redskins nickname is something that should be left alone.
It was never meant to be intensely offensive and the team along with the fans have embraced that name as a positive symbol of native Americans, not a derogatory one.

The name needs to stay.

mennonite
05-22-2014, 02:56 PM
It was never meant to be intensely offensive and the team along with the fans have embraced that name as a positive symbol of native Americans, not a derogatory one.

The name needs to stay.

Well, clearly you are a RAAAACIIIIIIST!

/media

IndelibleScribe
05-22-2014, 03:02 PM
Well, clearly you are a RAAAACIIIIIIST!

/media

Whoa whoa whoa, just because I hate kids and old people doesn't mean I am racist. It means I am an American. :yayaya:

crush17
05-27-2014, 12:16 PM
Cowboys LB Sean Lee feared to have serious knee injury on first day of OTAs

www.nfl.com

This guy just cant catch a break.

Beantown Bronco
05-27-2014, 01:04 PM

www.nfl.com

Not exactly how I would characterize his situation in life:

8/21/2013: Signed a seven-year, $42.63 million contract. The deal contains $16.1 million guaranteed.

IndelibleScribe
05-27-2014, 01:13 PM

8/21/2013: Signed a seven-year, $42.63 million contract. The deal contains $16.1 million guaranteed.

That's Jerry Jones for ya.

Action
05-27-2014, 01:38 PM

Typical struggling American thinking everything is about money.

IndelibleScribe
05-27-2014, 01:53 PM
Cowboys fear a torn ACL.

Kaylore
05-27-2014, 02:23 PM
Cowboys fear a torn ACL.

With advances in surgery, medicine and rehab, he could very possibly be back in time for the Cowboys to miss the playoffs like they always do.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy
05-27-2014, 02:41 PM

The name needs to stay.

Agreed. Bob Costas' half-time rant seriously pissed me off last season. Keep that **** out of my football broadcasts.

IndelibleScribe
05-27-2014, 02:54 PM
With advances in surgery, medicine and rehab, he could very possibly be back in time for the Cowboys to miss the playoffs like they always do.

Peterson ****ed up ACL's for everyone. Now if you don't pop back on a tear there is something wrong with you or you are lesser than AP.

swaiy
05-27-2014, 03:03 PM

Right in time to get the highest ratings because that's what's most important to Jerry Jones

IndelibleScribe
05-27-2014, 03:09 PM
Right in time to get the highest ratings because that's what's most important to Jerry Jones

Jerry Jones' ego is most important to Jerry Jones.

broncosteven
05-27-2014, 05:54 PM

I thought Beantown was a lawyer making lawyer type dough?

Typical Action type post though:

http://rack.1.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzA2LzEyL2VmL0dsZWUxLjUxZjI4LmdpZgpwCXRodW 1iCTEyMDB4OTYwMD4/338a9357/e83/Glee1.gif

broncosteven
05-27-2014, 05:59 PM

www.nfl.com

They covered this on ESPN NFL Insiders and went on a tangent about contact in OTA's.

They said the player rep has already been contacted because a rookie in kFc has complained about the contact in Reid's rookie camp! Going to post this in the kFc sucks thread as well.

Apparently Lee was sliding to the ground and got engaged into their new rookie G that they inserted into the starting lineup and his leg got torqued.

The players are going against their own best interest by demanding not to be in pads during OTA's, guys are out there running live action plays without padding even though there is no contact there still is unintended contact and I would rather be padded than not but what do I know?

El Guapo
05-27-2014, 06:07 PM
He's a very talented guy with injury issues. Sucks for him and the Cowboys (who can't catch a break).

Action
05-27-2014, 06:30 PM
I thought Beantown was a lawyer making lawyer type dough?

Typical Action type post though:

http://rack.1.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzA2LzEyL2VmL0dsZWUxLjUxZjI4LmdpZgpwCXRodW 1iCTEyMDB4OTYwMD4/338a9357/e83/Glee1.gif

Typical Action type post? Please enlighten me to the characteristics of an Action type post?

Lawyer type money? What exactly is lawyer type money? Or are you just one of the ignorants that think all lawyers make a lot of money?

IndelibleScribe
05-27-2014, 07:09 PM
Typical Action type post? Please enlighten me to the characteristics of an Action type post?

Lawyer type money? What exactly is lawyer type money? Or are you just one of the ignorants that think all lawyers make a lot of money?

Seriously man, what is your deal? It's like you have a stick permanently residing in your derriere and attempt to willfully show your disdain for differences of opinion in every post.

That post you just made is exactly what he is talking about.

Shananahan
05-27-2014, 07:12 PM
Confrontation is the color of his energy.

Kaylore
05-27-2014, 07:13 PM

It's usually like this:

AnyPoster: "Blah blah blah something contrary to Action's world view blah"

Action: http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/2247352/temper-tantrum-o.gif For three pages...

IndelibleScribe
05-27-2014, 07:28 PM
It's usually like this:

Action: http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/2247352/temper-tantrum-o.gif For three pages...

Perfect :rofl:

SoCalBronco
05-27-2014, 07:51 PM
It's usually like this:

:rofl:

Action is very difficult to get along with. Dude needs to lighten up a bit.

maven
05-27-2014, 08:10 PM

www.nfl.com

Here's #1 of a list of at least 30 players going down b4 the season starts.

Florida_Bronco
05-27-2014, 10:29 PM

For the record, I seem to remember Beantown saying he worked at one of the bigger employment law firms in the northeast area.

I kinda doubt he's hurting for money.

Action
05-28-2014, 12:42 AM
For the record, I seem to remember Beantown saying he worked at one of the bigger employment law firms in the northeast area.

I kinda doubt he's hurting for money.

If it is true - I'm happy for him. I don't mind being wrong about someone struggling when they're really not.

In other news:

Sean Lee suffers torn left ACL, out for year

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/10990605/sean-lee-dallas-cowboys-injured-otas

Dallas Cowboys middle linebacker Sean Lee has been told he has a torn ACL and is expected to miss the entire season, a source told ESPN's Ed Werder.

The Cowboys have made no official statement regarding the results of the MRI performed on Lee's injured left knee, but the linebacker has been told the exam confirmed he tore the anterior cruciate ligament in the knee and he is not expected to play during the 2014 season.

Lee tore his right ACL in April 2008 while at Penn State, then partially tore his left ACL during the 2009 season.

"Sean has had to deal with injuries throughout college and also here in the NFL," coach Jason Garrett said earlier Tuesday. "He really does everything he can to get himself ready to play. Unfortunately, he had to deal with a few of those things, but he's as mentally tough as an individual I've ever been around. Whatever the circumstances are, he always puts his best foot forward and strives to be his best. I don't anticipate this being any different."

--------------------------

That's absolutely horrendous ... and it's due to their 1st round rookie ... wouldn't want to be in either of these guys shoes...especially the rookie.

Shananahan
05-28-2014, 07:58 AM
You've been too busy frontin', dude. We covered that on the last page.

Requiem
05-28-2014, 09:24 AM
We can only post about Sean Lee if we know someone who has also suffered an ACL tear. ACTION'S RULES NOT MINE.

Rohirrim
05-28-2014, 09:56 AM
He created some great characters. I guess my favorite would be Silver Surfer. Spiderman is pretty cool too. Sorry to hear about his knee.

Beantown Bronco
05-28-2014, 10:14 AM

huh? By disagreeing with the statement that the guy can't catch a break, I must be struggling? What an odd conclusion.

Lee made it to the nfl. That alone means a bunch of breaks went his way. He made it to the point of the elusive second contract. Even MORE breaks.

He's got 20 mil in the bank if he doesn't play another down (and he most definitely will).

Not making it to the nfl, being broke and injured...now THAT would be an example of not catching any breaks.

baja
05-28-2014, 11:08 AM
huh? By disagreeing with the statement that the guy can't catch a break, I must be struggling? What an odd conclusion.

Lee made it to the nfl. That alone means a bunch of breaks went his way. He made it to the point of the elusive second contract. Even MORE breaks.

He's got 20 mil in the bank if he doesn't play another down (and he most definitely will).

Not making it to the nfl, being broke and injured...now THAT would be an example of not catching any breaks.

...and ugly, gotta toss ugly in there.

bronco militia
05-28-2014, 11:20 AM
Whitehurst loses number via arm wrestling with punter

Posted by Mike Florio on May 28, 2014, 1:57 PM EDT
bsmovies_still01
Charlie Whitehurst isn’t a great quarterback. But he’s better at quarterbacking than he is at arm wrestling.

Whitehurst, currently a backup in Tennessee, has lost his jersey number of choice (No. 6) via the ultimate biceps barometer battle — against the team’s punter.

Yes, Whitehurst lost his number by losing at arm wrestling. With punter Brett Kern. In Whitehurst’s defense, Kern is 6-2 and 214 pounds. Of course, Whitehurst is 6-5 and 225.

Complicating the embarrassment is that Whitehurst disclosed the embarrassment himself, via Twitter and Instagram. Then again, that approach allowed him to control the message on a nugget that inevitably would have been disclosed by Kern or someone else.

It could have been worse. Whitehurst could have held a press conference at 3:00 p.m. ET on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend with no questions from the press taken by the person calling the conference.

NorCalBronco7
05-28-2014, 11:23 AM
Action definitely lives up to his name.

IndelibleScribe
05-28-2014, 06:13 PM
Whitehurst loses number via arm wrestling with punter

Posted by Mike Florio on May 28, 2014, 1:57 PM EDT
bsmovies_still01
Charlie Whitehurst isn’t a great quarterback. But he’s better at quarterbacking than he is at arm wrestling.

Whitehurst, currently a backup in Tennessee, has lost his jersey number of choice (No. 6) via the ultimate biceps barometer battle — against the team’s punter.

Yes, Whitehurst lost his number by losing at arm wrestling. With punter Brett Kern. In Whitehurst’s defense, Kern is 6-2 and 214 pounds. Of course, Whitehurst is 6-5 and 225.

Complicating the embarrassment is that Whitehurst disclosed the embarrassment himself, via Twitter and Instagram. Then again, that approach allowed him to control the message on a nugget that inevitably would have been disclosed by Kern or someone else.

It could have been worse. Whitehurst could have held a press conference at 3:00 p.m. ET on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend with no questions from the press taken by the person calling the conference.

I would make him turn in his pads. You lost a contest that did not involve kicking the ball, to a damn punter.
Not even a 6-4 240 lb guy. A guy who is smaller than you.

Beantown Bronco
05-29-2014, 05:34 AM
I would make him turn in his pads. You lost a contest that did not involve kicking the ball, to a damn punter.

todd sauerbraun probably could've taken half our team back in 05.

DENVERDUI55
05-29-2014, 08:12 AM

Remember Todd Saubraun?

IndelibleScribe
05-29-2014, 09:30 AM
Remember Todd Saubraun?

Wasn't he the dude that loved the sauce?

91BRONCO
05-29-2014, 09:32 AM

Yes sir- that is the one.

IndelibleScribe
05-29-2014, 10:04 AM
Several sauces.

LOL So true. That's about the only thing I remember about him.
He was good at times but meh and a idiot off the field with the drinking.

Yes sir- that is the one.

Imagine if he and Prater were our K & P at the same time for several seasons.
Poor Von would have no chance, just booze and hoes everywhere.

DivineLegion
05-29-2014, 11:34 AM

You don't remember his forced fumble...I think it was against the patriots in the divisional round, could be mistaken, that was 9 years ago. Guess I don't remember a lot about him either.

broncocalijohn
05-29-2014, 12:17 PM
todd sauerbraun probably could've taken half our team back in 05.

Yeah, but that was about pounding beers.

DENVERDUI55
05-29-2014, 12:51 PM

Oh yeah. I loved his attitude on the field and in the bar.

91BRONCO
05-29-2014, 02:09 PM

LOL one of the first things that came to mind when thinking about Saubraun was Prater- those two would be the drunkest kicking tandem in the league....

bowtown
05-29-2014, 02:17 PM
If I were an NFL punter or kicker, I'd probably get drunk a lot too. The amazing thing about Saurbraun is that he was the only punter in history to be busted for juicing.

ludo21
05-29-2014, 02:20 PM
If I were an NFL punter or kicker, I'd probably get drunk a lot too. The amazing thing about Saurbraun is that he was the only punter in history to be busted for juicing.

I still remember that amazing tackle that caused a fumble in the playoffs. That was epic! :thumbsup:

Beantown Bronco
05-29-2014, 02:50 PM
What do Todd Sauerbrun, Travis Henry and David Kircus all have in common?

crush17
05-29-2014, 03:20 PM

We had no idea what they were capable of?

pricejj
05-29-2014, 04:20 PM

They were all living life to the fullest.

Action
05-29-2014, 05:20 PM
New Saints addition "Jarius Byrd" has back surgery to fix disc issue

New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton told reporters that Byrd missed practice Thursday to undergo surgery to relieve a disc issue in his back, according to The Times-Picayune. Payton said Byrd, a prize free-agent acquisition in the offseason, is expected to be ready for training camp.

Payton said the surgery wasn't necessary, but doctors determined it would help Byrd moving forward. The coach added that Byrd wouldn't have undergone the procedure if the problem cropped up during the regular season.

This doesn't sound like a major setback for Byrd, but it can't be considered good news for a Saints team that just invested more than $26 million in guaranteed money in the talented safety.

Beantown Bronco
05-29-2014, 05:33 PM
they all passed shanny's polygraph test.

BroncosfanGuy
05-29-2014, 06:45 PM
LOL one of the first things that came to mind when thinking about Saubraun was Prater- those two would be the drunkest kicking tandem in the league....

That's a lot of tribal band tattoos

bronco militia
05-29-2014, 08:12 PM
Haha....... Good stuff

Rocket 7
05-29-2014, 09:59 PM

Who are three people who have never been in my kitchen?

IndelibleScribe
05-29-2014, 10:03 PM
You don't remember his forced fumble...I think it was against the patriots in the divisional round, could be mistaken, that was 9 years ago. Guess I don't remember a lot about him either.

Nope, only remember his being the punter version of Russell.

Gutless Drunk
05-30-2014, 10:15 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23AZCardinals&amp;src=hash">#AZCardinals</a> LB Daryl Washington will be suspended for at least 1 year, per source. Substances of abuse policy. (<a href="https://twitter.com/mikejurecki">@mikejurecki</a> 1st reported)</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/472424409266155520">May 30, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Huge blow for Cardinals defense to lose Daryl Washington for this year and maybe beyond. Team had expected 4 or so games for discipline</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/472425346911207424">May 30, 2014</a></blockquote>

Someone send this to Von.

IndelibleScribe
05-30-2014, 10:53 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23AZCardinals&amp;src=hash">#AZCardinals</a> LB Daryl Washington will be suspended for at least 1 year, per source. Substances of abuse policy. (<a href="https://twitter.com/mikejurecki">@mikejurecki</a> 1st reported)</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/472424409266155520">May 30, 2014</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Huge blow for Cardinals defense to lose Daryl Washington for this year and maybe beyond. Team had expected 4 or so games for discipline</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/472425346911207424">May 30, 2014</a></blockquote>

Damn, I too expect 4 games. Wow, the Cards really have to rely on Minter and Okafor now to provide some LB corp help.
Bet they wish they had re-signed Dansby now.

TonyR
05-30-2014, 10:54 AM
Stink on the Redskins name change issue.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/05/29/former-redskins-lineman-mark-schlereth-it-is-time-to-change-the-name/
"Why has the NFL shuffled its feet on this? I don’t know, but it’s time to change.”

IndelibleScribe
05-30-2014, 11:00 AM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/05/29/former-redskins-lineman-mark-schlereth-it-is-time-to-change-the-name/

If you change the name you also have the change the logo and the jersey's.
WTF are you going to call them then? WTF color jersey's will you have?

I doubt people want to see some red, white and blue Bullet/Wizards or Caps type of colors.

baja
05-30-2014, 11:00 AM

Wonder how Snyder would like it if they were the Washington Lampshades?

DENVERDUI55
05-30-2014, 11:02 AM

Huge blow to the best player on that D. He might as well go to jail now for the Its not his fault that she just wouldn't listen.

baja
05-30-2014, 11:19 AM
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001819573/1115139609_sue_happy_to_see_you_answer_1_xlarge.jp eg

NorCalBronco7
05-30-2014, 11:32 AM
Damn, Washington got suspended for a whole year. Cardinals d is one of the best for sure, but this is gonna hurt. Always loved him as a player but didnt know he was such a dumbass.

TonyR
05-30-2014, 11:33 AM
Harry Reid's Office Is Laughing At The Sad #RedskinsPride Campaign

http://deadspin.com/harry-reids-office-is-laughing-at-the-sad-redskinsprid-1583394139

mennonite
05-30-2014, 11:34 AM

http://deadspin.com/harry-reids-office-is-laughing-at-the-sad-redskinsprid-1583394139

I'm glad to see our glorious leaders are working hard on the really important issues.

IndelibleScribe
05-30-2014, 11:49 AM

That was an epic fail. Wow. The Skins are really bad at PR.

Shananahan
05-30-2014, 11:50 AM
ROFL! coming from the same Harry Reid that didnt care about kids with cancer...yeah great leader...ROFL!
Kids with cancer: boring.

Kids with cancer with sports: I'm listening.

Gutless Drunk
05-30-2014, 12:04 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Says he will make changes in his life RT <a href="https://twitter.com/JordanWoy">@JordanWoy</a>: Daryl Washington Statement on suspension: <a href="http://t.co/TAhnqHpUqz">pic.twitter.com/TAhnqHpUqz</a></p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/472439357291646976">May 30, 2014</a></blockquote>

IndelibleScribe
05-30-2014, 12:12 PM
Kinda refreshing to see someone just own it.

The dumb ass should have owned it well before this and stopped smoking.
The tests are not that random. They know around what time the damn test will be rendered.

IndelibleScribe
05-30-2014, 12:14 PM
Hmm... Adolpho Birch the NFL's senior vice president of law and labor policy. just went on OTL and stated that the Washington Redskins football club is not a slur, it has never been intended to be a slur and currently is not one.

This is going to get interesting really quickly.

bronco militia
05-30-2014, 12:16 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Says he will make changes in his life RT <a href="https://twitter.com/JordanWoy">@JordanWoy</a>: Daryl Washington Statement on suspension: <a href="http://t.co/TAhnqHpUqz">pic.twitter.com/TAhnqHpUqz</a></p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/472439357291646976">May 30, 2014</a></blockquote>

http://memecrunch.com/meme/S21U/look-son-a-dumbass/image.png

bowtown
05-30-2014, 12:18 PM
Question...isn't testing for pot kind of a double standard...in some states Vons being one its LEGAL ...:wave:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_UWnyq6IbKXQ/TQBwJCllOjI/AAAAAAAAAY8/G6MV0g7cNKk/s400/not_this_****_again.jpg

IndelibleScribe
05-30-2014, 12:20 PM
Question...isn't testing for pot kind of a double standard...in some states Vons being one its LEGAL ...:wave:

Workplace rules. Doesn't matter if it's legal.
You can drink in every state but if you show up to work buzzed or fully drunk you get fired or have to attend counseling.

Same thing with weed. It is a violation of most workplace policies and if you fail a test it's OV.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

IndelibleScribe
05-30-2014, 12:21 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_UWnyq6IbKXQ/TQBwJCllOjI/AAAAAAAAAY8/G6MV0g7cNKk/s400/not_this_****_again.jpg

Cock blocked by the forum censor. ROFL!

IndelibleScribe
05-30-2014, 12:22 PM
oh...so basically football is a 24 hr thing while the season is going on...thanks I got it now...:wave:

Correct if I am wrong but don't most positive tests occur in the off-season? :thanku:

crush17
05-30-2014, 12:36 PM
The NFL's policy on marijuana is far too strict. It is even more stringent than the Olympic standards.

Von's situation is the same as Washington's. One more failed test and he's out for a year.

IndelibleScribe
05-30-2014, 12:38 PM
The NFL's policy on marijuana is far too strict. It is even more stringent than the Olympic standards.

Von's situation is the same as Washington's. One more failed test and he's out for a year.

While true about the test, Von did some dumb **** in trying to pay off the specimen collector.

crush17
05-30-2014, 12:40 PM
While true about the test, Von did some dumb **** in trying to pay off the specimen collector.

Agreed. No question.

Von hasn't acted in an intelligent manner whatsoever to this point. I sure hope he got his head on straight for the long haul though. Immaturity has a lot to do with it.

IndelibleScribe
05-30-2014, 12:46 PM
Agreed. No question.

Von hasn't acted in an intelligent manner whatsoever to this point. I sure hope he got his head on straight for the long haul though. Immaturity has a lot to do with it.

Immaturity is taking drugs and getting caught. Attempting to bribe the collector without not only a third party who is removed from you, but to get so easily caught is borderline mental retardation.

IndelibleScribe
05-30-2014, 12:48 PM
still say its a double standard...I would think if they aren't working then they should be able to par take as they wish but I don't know

I like money a lot, so if I was getting paid millions of dollars... **** WEED.
I will smoke when I retire. You do not risk a almost guaranteed game check over some damn weed.

As I tell people all the time. You get in my money, I get my foot in your ass.
Pretty stupid to get in the way of your own salary.

DENVERDUI55
05-30-2014, 12:59 PM

I'd still get fired for smoking it. I'd also get fired if I should up smelling like legal beer.

IndelibleScribe
05-30-2014, 01:04 PM
your right...to bad some of em just don't appreciate what they got I guess...it would be alright with me if when they messed up by being igiots they had to pass us some of those mills....:egbgb:

Just become a stripper. When players have time on their hands they blow money on strippers.

IndelibleScribe
05-30-2014, 01:07 PM
been there done that 22 years worth and NO they don't ...got in trouble last time it was brought up just trust what Im telling ya...lets put it this way athletes may be crazy they aint stupid when it comes to that..:pimp:

Wait what... You were a stripper?

Shananahan
05-30-2014, 01:12 PM
Wait what... You were a stripper?
Well, she certainly wasn't an English teacher.

IndelibleScribe
05-30-2014, 01:13 PM
YES SIR... gotta do the private message thing if ya want the stories...I don't think some of the mods appreciated it so I gotta respect that...

Hmm... For some reason I thought you were like a 22 year old college blond.

DENVERDUI55
05-30-2014, 01:20 PM
:rofl: and to think theres dumb arses out there that do it everyday...:rofl: whatcha gonna do though...

I wouldn't really expect a stripper to know much about work place rules vs state laws.

SouthStndJunkie
05-30-2014, 01:25 PM
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- New York Giants safety Will Hill was suspended for six games Friday by the NFL for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

Miss I.
05-30-2014, 01:29 PM
we help built them state laws babe... hince the word stripper...how you think a lot of those laws get made anyway..in strip clubs they don't have a round tables they got the horseshue table with a pole in the middle...:rofl::rofl:

Chrissy,
Are you by any chance an alternate account for Baja? It wouldn't be the first time he or another member had created a secondary account for their own amusement. I only ask because some of the things you say and your way of posting is very similar to his posting style so I wondered.

Shananahan
05-30-2014, 01:55 PM
Worst gimmick ever?

Kaylore
05-30-2014, 02:08 PM
Worst gimmick ever?

Being a girl? I don't think it's a gimmick to have a vagina...

pricejj
05-30-2014, 02:15 PM
Somebody is going to PM her for 'VIP' access. I just know it.

phibacka31
05-30-2014, 02:31 PM
Guilty...

IndelibleScribe
05-30-2014, 02:32 PM
It seems I always miss the threads about what people do. Hell I still have no idea what Med does. I assumed he was a football coach.

Miss I.
05-30-2014, 02:37 PM
So any news from around the NFL not involving drugs or vaginas?

I didn't think it was possible to hate any offseason as much as those tainted by Josh McDaniels, but I am pretty sure this one is coming very close.

ludo21
05-30-2014, 02:39 PM
D Washington suspended for the year.

Miss I.
05-30-2014, 02:51 PM
ROFL! I just that...ROFL! OH YEAH if the PM is for Peyton my man Manning then for sure...ROFL!ROFL!

Well I now know why Peyton had such a problem at the Super Bowl. It wasn't Richard Sherman or them knowing his play calls or whatever, it was a 40something year old stripper humping his leg all day. He couldn't possibly move in or out of the pocket then.

So Chrissy when you were riding his leg, did it bring you back to your poll dancing days? I mean he is kind of long and tall like a poll and all that.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
05-30-2014, 02:52 PM
I thought Goodell was gonna relax the weed policy?

AZ just took a blow to their hopes

Miss I.
05-30-2014, 02:57 PM
that so ****ing backfired on me. I am killing myself now to get that ****ing image out of my head.

SouthStndJunkie
05-30-2014, 05:11 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11009140/josh-gordon-cleveland-browns-caught-speeding-passenger-had-marijuana

Josh Gordon caught speeding

CLEVELAND -- The Browns are aware Pro Bowl receiver Josh Gordon, facing a possible NFL suspension for another failed drug test, was ticketed for speeding last weekend. A passenger in his car was cited for marijuana possession.

Action
05-30-2014, 05:46 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11009140/josh-gordon-cleveland-browns-caught-speeding-passenger-had-marijuana

Josh Gordon caught speeding

CLEVELAND -- The Browns are aware Pro Bowl receiver Josh Gordon, facing a possible NFL suspension for another failed drug test, was ticketed for speeding last weekend. A passenger in his car was cited for marijuana possession.

Now orangemane members...now this - is a dumbass.

Kaylore
05-30-2014, 06:45 PM
Well I now know why Peyton had such a problem at the Super Bowl. It wasn't Richard Sherman or them knowing his play calls or whatever, it was a 40something year old stripper humping his leg all day. He couldn't possibly move in or out of the pocket then.

But I be she'd let him move around in her pocket! :wiggle:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls3w3mf8vk1qgeckf.gif

Shananahan
05-30-2014, 09:01 PM
I didn't think it was possible to hate any offseason as much as those tainted by Josh McDaniels, but I am pretty sure this one is coming very close.
Yeah, seriously. I wish we'd sign somebody already or something. Make a move, Elway!

Gutless Drunk
06-02-2014, 08:36 PM
Knowshon Moreno has been working "primarily with the second team" in Dolphins OTAs, while coach Joe Philbin believes his conditioning "could be better."
The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero tweeted earlier Monday that Moreno "looks a little thick around the belly" and "needs work." Lamar Miller is running with the first-team offense. Moreno opened OTAs as the starter, but evidently hasn't impressed his new coaching staff. Showing up out of shape is a real easy way for a free-agent addition to get off on the wrong foot. Moreno remains the favorite to head up the Dolphins' committee, but perhaps he's cracked open the door for Miller.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/288703/knowshon-moreno-out-of-shape-behind-miller

broncosteven
06-02-2014, 08:51 PM
Knowshon Moreno has been working "primarily with the second team" in Dolphins OTAs, while coach Joe Philbin believes his conditioning "could be better."
The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero tweeted earlier Monday that Moreno "looks a little thick around the belly" and "needs work." Lamar Miller is running with the first-team offense. Moreno opened OTAs as the starter, but evidently hasn't impressed his new coaching staff. Showing up out of shape is a real easy way for a free-agent addition to get off on the wrong foot. Moreno remains the favorite to head up the Dolphins' committee, but perhaps he's cracked open the door for Miller.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/288703/knowshon-moreno-out-of-shape-behind-miller

KM's Response when told the above:
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Knowshon-Moreno-Crying-3.jpg

DBroncos4life
06-02-2014, 08:55 PM
Newly poor Dan Marino is joining the cause to sue the NFL.

One of the NFL's most accomplished quarterbacks is among the players suing the NFL for damages related to concussions players say they suffered during their football-playing careers.

Dan Marino, a Hall of Famer for the Miami Dolphins, was one of 15 players named in a lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Philadelphia against the league, according to federal court records, as reported by the Los Angeles Times.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/hall-of-famer-dan-marino-suing-nfl-over-concussions-suffered-during-career-232751696.html

That is what he gets for investing in a dead guys hologram.

SoCalBronco
06-02-2014, 09:46 PM
http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/screen-shot-2014-06-02-at-4-34-11-pm.png?w=1000

Marino, Schnellenburger and Polian visiting Jim Kelly.

Would be nice if something in that guys life went right for a change.

Sly_Eli
06-02-2014, 10:00 PM

Surprising, considering he's on a one year deal, correct? It seemed like he grew up and got his act together these last couple years in Denver. Maybe the Miami nightlife brought back the SAUCED Knowshon we used to know.

Shananahan
06-02-2014, 10:01 PM
Marino, Schnellenburger and Polian visiting Jim Kelly.
Would be nice if something in that guys life went right for a change.
Maybe this will be just the first of four straight victories over cancer.

Br0nc0Buster
06-02-2014, 10:17 PM
Not touching Miami's backfield in FF this year
Made the mistake of drafting Lamar Miller last year

mennonite
06-02-2014, 11:36 PM
Newly poor Dan Marino is joining the cause to sue the NFL.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/hall-of-famer-dan-marino-suing-nfl-over-concussions-suffered-during-career-232751696.html

That is what he gets for investing in a dead guys hologram.

Apparently he lost $14 million on that deal. ugh!~

http://www.gobankingrates.com/debt/dan-marino-vince-young-broke-nfl-players-lost-fortunes/

IndelibleScribe
06-03-2014, 10:41 AM

http://www.gobankingrates.com/debt/dan-marino-vince-young-broke-nfl-players-lost-fortunes/

This is why the owners tend to win. NFL players as a group lack the business savvy and acumen to really capitalize on the money they make.

You have some rare exceptions who sit pretty when they leave the game and even build on that fortune.
Hell the last player to own a team after his career was over was George Halas was it not?

crush17
06-03-2014, 10:52 AM
Marcell Dareus making Von Miller look smart

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000355320/article/bills-marcell-dareus-charged-with-reckless-driving

Late last week Buffalo Bills defensive tackle Marcell Dareus was arrested for the second time in the month of May.

Dareus was arrested on Friday and charged with reckless endangerment, reckless driving, participating in an illegal speed contest as well as traffic violations, according to a Hamburg, N.Y., Police press release obtained by NFL Media.

Police say the 24-year-old lineman was arrested after witnesses saw in his white Jaguar traveling with another car at a high rate of seed near a local shopping mall.

The alleged drag race ended when Dareus' Jaguar left the roadway near the entrance of a Mongolian Buffet, continued over the grass, onto a parking lot before striking a tree out in front of the restaurant. The crash caused extensive damage to Dareus' sports car and the tree, according to the police.

The 2013 Pro Bowl tackle already faces felony charges after being arrested in Alabama in early May for possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia when he was pulled over for speeding on Interstate 20 in Cleburne County.

Dareus addressed the media last Wednesday for the first time since the incident in Alabama.

"They believe in me," Dareus said, per the Buffalo News. "They know that I'm not a trouble guy. I'm not trying to do anything. Things happen, and we're moving forward, and they know I'm going to grow into the guy they want me to be."

Two days later he was arrested.

He is due back in court June 17.

UPDATE: Following Tuesday's practice, coach Doug Marrone said Dareus will not attend the remainder of OTAs. He will return for mandatory minicamp. "I believe in Marcell," Marrone said, telling reporters he'll try to get the defensive tackle back on the right track.

Tombstone RJ
06-03-2014, 11:14 AM

wow, he could of lived off the interest alone if he had just put that money into a retirement account. What a maroon.

Tombstone RJ
06-03-2014, 11:17 AM
Marcell Dareus making Von Miller look smart

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000355320/article/bills-marcell-dareus-charged-with-reckless-driving

Late last week Buffalo Bills defensive tackle Marcell Dareus was arrested for the second time in the month of May.

Dareus was arrested on Friday and charged with reckless endangerment, reckless driving, participating in an illegal speed contest as well as traffic violations, according to a Hamburg, N.Y., Police press release obtained by NFL Media.

Police say the 24-year-old lineman was arrested after witnesses saw in his white Jaguar traveling with another car at a high rate of seed near a local shopping mall.

The alleged drag race ended when Dareus' Jaguar left the roadway near the entrance of a Mongolian Buffet, continued over the grass, onto a parking lot before striking a tree out in front of the restaurant. The crash caused extensive damage to Dareus' sports car and the tree, according to the police.

The 2013 Pro Bowl tackle already faces felony charges after being arrested in Alabama in early May for possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia when he was pulled over for speeding on Interstate 20 in Cleburne County.

Dareus addressed the media last Wednesday for the first time since the incident in Alabama.

"They believe in me," Dareus said, per the Buffalo News. "They know that I'm not a trouble guy. I'm not trying to do anything. Things happen, and we're moving forward, and they know I'm going to grow into the guy they want me to be."

Two days later he was arrested.

He is due back in court June 17.

UPDATE: Following Tuesday's practice, coach Doug Marrone said Dareus will not attend the remainder of OTAs. He will return for mandatory minicamp. "I believe in Marcell," Marrone said, telling reporters he'll try to get the defensive tackle back on the right track.

Chuck the jag, save the tree.

Maleficent
06-03-2014, 04:37 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>.<a href="https://twitter.com/DrewSmithSports">@DrewSmithSports</a> what practice were you watching where I threw a pick??
<a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23getyourfactsstraight&amp;src=hash">#getyourfactsstraight</a></p>&mdash; Aaron Rodgers (@AaronRodgers12) <a href="https://twitter.com/AaronRodgers12/statuses/473901503737237505">June 3, 2014</a></blockquote>

Action
06-04-2014, 01:05 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Colin Kaepernick and 49ers reached agreement on 6-year extension worth over $100 million tying him to team through 2020, per sources.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/474278360764280832">June 4, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Colin Kaeprnick's 6-year deal is worth $110+ million, per sources. Heavy guarantees, too. Record guarantees.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/474279346950000640">June 4, 2014</a></blockquote>

Sly_Eli
06-04-2014, 01:07 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Colin Kaepernick and 49ers reached agreement on 6-year extension worth over $100 million tying him to team through 2020, per sources.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/474278360764280832">June 4, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Colin Kaeprnick's 6-year deal is worth $110+ million, per sources. Heavy guarantees, too. Record guarantees.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/474279346950000640">June 4, 2014</a></blockquote>

wow. now the seahawks need to give wilson the same kind of deal.

bronco militia
06-04-2014, 01:09 PM
I bet it's really a 3 year deal close to $60 million in guarantees.

crush17
06-04-2014, 01:22 PM
There is absolutely no way he is worth that kind of contract.

I'm sorry, I just don't see it.

Smiling Assassin27
06-04-2014, 01:32 PM
Luck and Wilson just smiled.

http://media.giphy.com/media/yA5Y3B4Ip13Xy/giphy.gif

LikeABoss5820
06-04-2014, 01:32 PM
I thought if he got around 14-17 or so, but thats a lot.

I like Kap better than most but i dont know.

CEH
06-04-2014, 01:34 PM
I bet it's really a 3 year deal close to $60 million in guarantees.

Could be one year $61 MM but $61 MM is guarenteed

Action
06-04-2014, 01:34 PM

Luck...

over/under $100m guaranteed?

over/under $150m total value?

bowtown
06-04-2014, 01:35 PM
Your move KC...

Bwahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha

baja
06-04-2014, 01:41 PM
Your move KC...

Bwahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha

LOL Smith won't be too ass burned.

Rabb
06-04-2014, 01:41 PM
Someone else is happy also.

http://www.sportspickle.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/909363d676a0863e2dee01683ec9361c.jpg

Drunk Monkey
06-04-2014, 01:46 PM

http://www.sportspickle.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/909363d676a0863e2dee01683ec9361c.jpg

Hi ex-wife? Probably not, he was smart and fixed that situation prior to his big money deal.

Action
06-04-2014, 01:47 PM

They got a divorce you ****ing idiot.

bronco militia
06-04-2014, 01:49 PM
LOL! fyi, we landed on the moon

KCStud
06-04-2014, 01:49 PM
Let's see here. Vernon Davis, Patrick Willis, Michael Crabtree, mike iupati, Aldon Smith.

All need contracts in the next couple years. Start saying goodbye to your talent SF!

bronco militia
06-04-2014, 01:52 PM
Could be one year $61 MM but $61 MM is guarenteed

the going rate for a top 10 QB is close to $20 per season. With the salary cap set to spike to $150 million by 2016, this really won't hurt the 49ers.

Rabb
06-04-2014, 01:53 PM
Hi ex-wife? Probably not, he was smart and fixed that situation prior to his big money deal.

I'd be willing to bet, that situation is just getting started.

Drunk Monkey
06-04-2014, 02:02 PM
I'd be willing to bet, that situation is just getting started.

Fortunately I have no experience with divorce. Who knows, also

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1086998/wilsongf.gif

mennonite
06-04-2014, 02:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/G7nbP9n.jpg

Kaylore
06-04-2014, 02:08 PM
There are rumors she cheated with Golden Tate.

bronco militia
06-04-2014, 02:11 PM

http://assets.inarkansas.com/10289/peyton-hillis-mugshot.jpg

(Hillis troll face)

mennonite
06-04-2014, 02:22 PM

http://i.imgur.com/2bH29cB.jpg

Kaylore
06-04-2014, 02:27 PM

Hilarious! The sub caption is suddenly more hilarious "Millions watch around the world."

IndelibleScribe
06-04-2014, 02:28 PM

Great OITNB gif LOL

Luck, Wilson, Newton and Dalton

LikeABoss5820
06-04-2014, 03:38 PM
Luck...

over/under $100m guaranteed?

over/under $150m total value?

70-75 guaranteed.

I dont think deals can go past 6 years under the new CBA, although i could be wrong about that.

A better question is what will Wilson get?

IndelibleScribe
06-04-2014, 03:40 PM
70-75 guaranteed.

I dont think deals can go past 6 years under the new CBA, although i could be wrong about that.

A better question is what will Wilson get?

Wilson is getting more. That is not even a question. Wilson is a better QB, Kaep is more hyped.

oubronco
06-04-2014, 03:40 PM

LOL That is awesome :spit:

BroncosfanGuy
06-04-2014, 05:20 PM
Great OITNB gif LOL

Luck, Wilson, Newton and Dalton

one of these guys is not like the others.

DBroncos4life
06-04-2014, 05:58 PM
Courtney Upshaw - LB - Ravens

Ravens OLB Courtney Upshaw reported to the team overweight once again this summer.

Upshaw was called out by coach John Harbaugh last year when Harbs said Upshaw "eats too much." Last year, he reported to the Ravens in the 295-pound range. Upshaw's ideal playing weight is 270-275. Upshaw is the early-down edge-setter against the run. He gives way to Elvis Dumervil on passing downs.

Alabama LBs man, what can you do...

IndelibleScribe
06-04-2014, 07:25 PM
one of these guys is not like the others.

They were talking about 15 mil per for him before this. Now the dumb ass Bengals are going to pay him 17+ more than likely.
He's not a franchise guy, he is more along the lines of Alex Smith but they seem sold on him similar to the Ravens on Flacco.

Maleficent
06-06-2014, 08:21 PM
Aaron Rodgers and Olivia Munn

http://i.imgur.com/n7bQNhQ.jpg?1

Beard alert. They called the paparazzi.

baja
06-06-2014, 08:23 PM
Looks like he's sportin low T.

mennonite
06-06-2014, 08:30 PM
She's hot...but she was part of the killing of TechTV by G4. Unforgivable.

http://i.imgur.com/ZueAwB3.gif

baja
06-06-2014, 08:49 PM

...and I thought we had bad parasites here in Mexico.

Maleficent
06-06-2014, 09:11 PM
Richard Sherman Wins 'Madden' Cover Vote

Source has a video of the announcement lol

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11044771/richard-sherman-seattle-seahawks-named-madden-nfl-15-cover-athlete

Bronco
06-06-2014, 09:27 PM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11044771/richard-sherman-seattle-seahawks-named-madden-nfl-15-cover-athlete

As distasteful as it may seem, if the longstanding madden cover curse continues it wouldn't bother me one bit.

IndelibleScribe
06-06-2014, 09:48 PM

I hope he has a great season. I want a damn rematch.

El Guapo
06-07-2014, 09:04 AM

She was hilarious and great to watch on Attack of the Show. I miss her and Kevin Pereira.

http://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/olivia-munn-leafblower.gif

http://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/olivia-munn-gingerbread.gif

http://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/olivia-munn-hottub.gif

ok, carry on. :D

mennonite
06-07-2014, 09:21 AM
She was hilarious and great to watch on Attack of the Show. I miss her and Kevin Pereira.

Suddenly, her dating Aaron Rodgers doesn't seem so far fetched now...

http://112.imagebam.com/download/fLCtMSz6cgo25lTd8V-CnQ/33157/331560618/SrL3W.gif

TechTv was awesome. It was educational and had some stacked nerd chicks. G4 seemed like Spike tv aimed at teenagers.

TechTV= staring at Morgan Webb's rack while Kevin Rose explains how to destroy your hd if you are raided by the Feds.

G4 = Watching a gay guy and his bimbo sidekick talk about how awesome the new Iphone is.

mennonite
06-07-2014, 09:23 AM
i'm a little bitter!

SoCalBronco
06-07-2014, 09:24 AM
Nice beard there.

ZONA
06-07-2014, 10:45 AM

http://112.imagebam.com/download/fLCtMSz6cgo25lTd8V-CnQ/33157/331560618/SrL3W.gif

TechTv was awesome. It was educational and had some stacked nerd chicks. G4 seemed like Spike tv aimed at teenagers.

TechTV= staring at Morgan Webb's rack while Kevin Rose explains how to destroy your hd if you are raided by the Feds.

G4 = Watching a gay guy and his bimbo sidekick talk about how awesome the new Iphone is.

****ing excellent find dude - maybe best of the year so far. That's great.

She's so ****in hot, would bang in a new your second

SoCalBronco
06-07-2014, 06:57 PM
So Monica Seles probably is going to own the Bills for a long, long time. She's set to marry billionaire 72 year old Tom Golisano who is thought to be a favorite to buy the team

Maleficent
06-07-2014, 09:25 PM
Monica, you're 40 not 60.

http://images.forbes.com/media/lists/54/2008/873A.jpg

SoCalBronco
06-07-2014, 09:34 PM
Monica, you're 40 not 60.

http://images.forbes.com/media/lists/54/2008/873A.jpg

She's so much hotter now than when she was 20 years ago. Kinda like Hanna Storm.

http://espn.go.com/photo/2012/0627/otl_g_monica-seles_mb_200.jpg

http://static.dnaindia.com/sites/default/files/1872158.jpg

Shananahan
06-08-2014, 05:29 AM
Uhh

extralife
06-08-2014, 05:39 AM

I hate to break it to you, but the demo for all of those channels is the same. And it's not flattering.

Gutless Drunk
06-09-2014, 02:33 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Thoughts are with Amy Van Dyken and her husband, former <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Broncos&amp;src=hash">#Broncos</a> punter Tom Rouen. Her spinal cord is completely severed after an ATV crash.</p>&mdash; Ian St. Clair (@IanStClair) <a href="https://twitter.com/IanStClair/statuses/476096667541073920">June 9, 2014</a></blockquote>

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2014/06/09/amy-van-dyken-severs-spine-atv-accident/10246787/

broncocalijohn
06-09-2014, 02:49 PM
Courtney Upshaw - LB - Ravens

Ravens OLB Courtney Upshaw reported to the team overweight once again this summer.

Upshaw was called out by coach John Harbaugh last year when Harbs said Upshaw "eats too much." Last year, he reported to the Ravens in the 295-pound range. Upshaw's ideal playing weight is 270-275. Upshaw is the early-down edge-setter against the run. He gives way to Elvis Dumervil on passing downs.

Alabama LBs man, what can you do...

Get arrested?

LikeABoss5820
06-09-2014, 03:09 PM
CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco believes it would be a "major surprise" if the 49ers signed Michael Crabtree to an extension before he hits free agency in 2015.

Maiocco notes the 49ers are "not in the business of overpaying," and Crabtree is known to be seeking top dollar. Maiocco previously stated it was "doubtful" Crabtree would be slapped with the franchise tag, which will be worth over $12.3 million next offseason. Still only 26, Crabtree would be a hot item on the open market. He should be primed for a career-best season in his walk year.

Tombstone RJ
06-11-2014, 08:13 AM
The Broncos signed Roby, something like $3m guaranteed....

baja
06-11-2014, 08:26 AM
The Broncos signed Roby, something like $3m guaranteed....

The Denver Broncos inked a deal with their 2014 first-round pick Bradley Roby on Tuesday.

Roby will receive roughly a four-year $7 million contract with a $3.4 million signing bonus based on the slot where he was drafted. The contract will include a fifth-year option.

He said when saw the contract numbers, "that it was worked whole life for this." He said will buy his mom "whatever she wants."

The 5-foot-11, 194-pound cornerback was selected with the 31st overall pick in the draft. With Roby, the Broncos have signed its entire six-player draft class.

Roby, 22, was a first team All-Big Ten selection in 2013.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_25935702/bradley-roby-broncos-first-round-pick-signs-four

IndelibleScribe
06-11-2014, 10:30 AM
I like the thought of taking care of his mom.
But I would really love for a player to say his stated goal is to save money or invest it.

Gutless Drunk
06-11-2014, 12:22 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Tony Scheffler retires from the NFL because of concussions <a href="http://t.co/Vu3g2zkz4y">http://t.co/Vu3g2zkz4y</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/statuses/476805960288055296">June 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

bowtown
06-11-2014, 12:33 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Tony Scheffler retires from the NFL because of concussions <a href="http://t.co/Vu3g2zkz4y">http://t.co/Vu3g2zkz4y</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/statuses/476805960288055296">June 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

He couldn't wait for his career to be over.

Kaylore
06-11-2014, 12:36 PM
That's like when Ian Gold retired. "No takers....? No.....? Anyone....? I have decided to retire. I could keep playing if I WANTED to, but I don't. It was a tough decision to make."

baja
06-11-2014, 01:03 PM
That's like when Ian Gold retired. "No takers....? No.....? Anyone....? I have decided to retire. I could keep playing if I WANTED to, but I don't. It was a tough decision to make."

Like so many of Mike's players, once he was fired half of his guys could not find a job on any other team and retired.

Kaylore
06-11-2014, 01:28 PM
Like so many of Mike's players, once he was fired half of his guys could not find a job on any other team and retired.

For his acumen as a coach, it is a tribute. As a GM, it is an indictment.

baja
06-11-2014, 01:38 PM

Yep. That has been my take all along. I think his best fit was OC. He made some horrid coaching hires as a HC.

55CrushEm
06-11-2014, 04:58 PM
He made some horrid coaching hires as a HC.

Nepotism can be a horrible thing......

IndelibleScribe
06-11-2014, 10:05 PM

If he would simply stick to coaching and stop trying to make Slowik into something then he would be fine.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
06-13-2014, 09:31 AM
Decker misses OTAs for an awards show his lady was in.

Rohirrim
06-13-2014, 10:07 AM
Yep. That has been my take all along. I think his best fit was OC. He made some horrid coaching hires as a HC.

The league is beating down his door to hire him...
Uhh not so much.

baja
06-13-2014, 11:05 AM
The league is beating down his door to hire him...
Uhh not so much.

Unless Shanny has an ego adjustment he is done in the NFL and if he is done I do not think he will make the HOF.

bowtown
06-13-2014, 11:30 AM
Unless Shanny has an ego adjustment he is done in the NFL and if he is done I do not think he will make the HOF.

Shanahan is almost a certainty for the HOF. He has been to the Super Bowl as a HC or an OC 5 times and won 3 of them.

baja
06-13-2014, 11:38 AM
Shanahan is almost a certainty for the HOF. He has been to the Super Bowl as a HC or an OC 5 times and won 3 of them.

You could be right but he had a HOF HC in SF and a HOF QB on both teams that he inherited . If he gets in I think it might take a while. His coaching record has been abysmal post 98 and he failed pretty badly with the Raiders and the Skins.

Kaylore
06-13-2014, 12:08 PM

I've heard two arguments based around other coaches that say Shanahan goes in and say he does not. One was John Madden going in meant Shanahan should. The other was Holmgren, saying if Holmgren doesn't, Shanahan won't.

There has to be concern that his poor ending in Washington could keep him out the way Seifert floundering in Carolina killed his chances. Interestingly Seifert and Shanahan both were replaced by Fox who took both teams to Super Bowls.

Gutless Drunk
06-13-2014, 12:09 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>And now the Chiefs have released CB Brandon Flowers -- rough day for veteran CBs.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/477527667122507776">June 13, 2014</a></blockquote>

Requiem
06-13-2014, 12:10 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>And now the Chiefs have released CB Brandon Flowers -- rough day for veteran CBs.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/477527667122507776">June 13, 2014</a></blockquote>

Why?

Kaylore
06-13-2014, 12:13 PM
Nepotism can be a horrible thing......

It was more comprehensive than you think. I met former linebacker coach Kirk Doll's (admittedly hot) daughter at camp one year. She was like the assistant of Public Relations or something and she hadn't even graduated school yet. He was giving jobs to family and personal friends regardless of their qualifications.

Kaylore
06-13-2014, 12:14 PM

In before Sheepstud says "We were better without him!"

2KBack
06-13-2014, 12:25 PM
I've heard two arguments based around other coaches that say Shanahan goes in and say he does not. One was John Madden going in meant Shanahan should. The other was Holmgren, saying if Holmgren doesn't, Shanahan won't.

There has to be concern that his poor ending in Washington could keep him out the way Seifert floundering in Carolina killed his chances. Interestingly Seifert and Shanahan both were replaced by Fox who took both teams to Super Bowls.

I think Madden going in had a lot to do with his broadcasting presence and even the Video game....his post coaching career made him probably the most well known name in professional football.

DBroncos4life
06-13-2014, 12:32 PM
Why?

Chris Houston was cut too.

Requiem
06-13-2014, 12:36 PM
Chris Houston was cut too.

Apparently his feet are falling off, so that is to be expected.

baja
06-13-2014, 12:37 PM
The famous Footless Chris Houston.

Johnykbr
06-13-2014, 12:48 PM
Apparently his feet are falling off, so that is to be expected.

Does rubbing dirt on missing limbs cure it?

Requiem
06-13-2014, 12:50 PM
Does rubbing dirt on missing limbs cure it?

Ask Jaime Lannister.

Johnykbr
06-13-2014, 12:59 PM
Westerosi dirt isn't as medicinal as pop warner dirt

Broncojef
06-13-2014, 01:05 PM
Beason looks to be out most of training camp now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/giants-beason-breaks-bone-foot-170910473--nfl.html

Drunken.Broncoholic2
06-13-2014, 08:56 PM
Coach Noll dead at 82. RIP

IndelibleScribe
06-13-2014, 09:52 PM
Coach Noll dead at 82. RIP

Damn, I mean making it to 82 is a blessing but that is just sad.
RIP, it's somewhat jarring to see people who have larger than life personalities pass away.

Gutless Drunk
06-14-2014, 07:15 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Colts announced they agreed to terms with former Broncos, Browns and 49ers safety Mike Adams.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/477788468756496384">June 14, 2014</a></blockquote>

DBroncos4life
06-14-2014, 04:46 PM
ESPN Bengals reporter Coley Harvey guesses BenJarvus Green-Ellis will be cut before the season begins.
Green-Ellis had a underwhelming 2013 campaign and looks to be surplus to requirements with rookie RB Jeremy Hill already running with the second-team offense in OTAs. Green-Ellis could be kept on as veteran insurance, but his roster spot will be hard to justify with $2.5 million in potential salary cap savings on the line. If cut, Green-Ellis would not struggle to find a new home. He still has something to offer as a steady, veteran back.

SouthStndJunkie
06-15-2014, 05:01 AM
Anybody know whats up with my boy Marvin Harrsion..read something briefly where he escaped gun fire ????? whats that all about..???

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/14/marvin-harrison-man-in-underwear-shot-at-in-philadelphia/

Marvin Harrison, man in underwear shot at in Philadelphia

SouthStndJunkie
06-15-2014, 05:02 AM
Marvin Harrison has been involved in some crazy incidents/**** since he retired.

I never would have expected it while he was playing, as he seemed fairly quiet and unassuming.

Kaylore
06-15-2014, 01:06 PM
Marvin Harrison has been involved in some crazy incidents/**** since he retired.

I never would have expected it while he was playing, as he seemed fairly quiet and unassuming.

http://carboncostume.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/gusfring.jpg

NFLBRONCO
06-15-2014, 01:10 PM

He'd be perfect on Fargo

oubronco
06-15-2014, 02:12 PM

He should stick to shootin some Bball outside of the school

Shananahan
06-15-2014, 02:48 PM
http://www.gq.com/sports/profiles/201002/marvin-harrison

IndelibleScribe
06-15-2014, 04:03 PM
http://carboncostume.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/gusfring.jpg

Well played Hilarious!

Shananahan
06-15-2014, 07:58 PM
Or, y'know, not be such a gangster.

Bronco
06-15-2014, 08:36 PM
Why would any retired multi contract nfl player chose to live in north philly?

baja
06-15-2014, 08:37 PM
Why would any retired multi contract nfl player chose to live in north philly?

For the weather?

91BRONCO
06-18-2014, 08:47 AM

I remember when that happened- if memory serves me correctly they ended up finding one gun a bucket somewhere by the car wash?

I'm still amazed he didn't go down for that one...

SouthStndJunkie
06-19-2014, 02:46 AM

I knew about that incident....I was including that in my overall surprise of Marvin Harrison, as you wouldn't have guessed him for a thug when he was playing.

SouthStndJunkie
06-19-2014, 02:46 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/18/report-chargers-meeting-with-brandon-flowers/

Report: Chargers meeting with Brandon Flowers

Gutless Drunk
06-19-2014, 12:12 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Ugh RT <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL_ATL">@NFL_ATL</a>: Mike McCarthy announces RB Johnathan Franklin will not return to the Packers after neck injury: <a href="http://t.co/1fGWUP8kNT">http://t.co/1fGWUP8kNT</a></p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/479702861178085376">June 19, 2014</a></blockquote>

crush17
06-19-2014, 12:50 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Ugh RT <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL_ATL">@NFL_ATL</a>: Mike McCarthy announces RB Johnathan Franklin will not return to the Packers after neck injury: <a href="http://t.co/1fGWUP8kNT">http://t.co/1fGWUP8kNT</a></p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/479702861178085376">June 19, 2014</a></blockquote>

Man. How devastating.
Get better J. Franklin!

Kaylore
06-19-2014, 12:59 PM

The Packers have the worst running back luck of any team in the NFL.

baja
06-19-2014, 01:48 PM
The Packers have the worst running back of any team in the NFL.

When did we trade Hillman.

Rabb
06-19-2014, 02:05 PM
When did we trade Hillman.

Weren't you just calling him a fantasy sleeper yesterday?

baja
06-19-2014, 02:28 PM
Weren't you just calling him a fantasy sleeper yesterday?

Ya but I couldn't resist a chance to make a funny.

Kaylore
06-19-2014, 02:37 PM
Did something happen to Lacy?

I meant to type "luck" as in "worst running back luck." The financial analysts came out from their caves to ask me a question and I got distracted. I blame my low-T.

Kaylore
06-19-2014, 08:15 PM
The question was on interior-decorations then?

They were inviting me to a mani-pedi. We watched Sex in the City and passive aggressively compliment-ripped each other.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3hmlPtRu1SQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Powderaddict
06-20-2014, 12:09 PM
Knowshon may need knee surgery:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000360572/article/dolphins-knowshon-moreno-might-need-knee-surgery

Bad offseason for this guy :(

DBroncos4life
06-20-2014, 12:12 PM
Knowshon may need knee surgery:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000360572/article/dolphins-knowshon-moreno-might-need-knee-surgery

Bad offseason for this guy :(
I was surprised his knee held up last year. Sucks though he forced you to like him with his new style of play the last couple years.

baja
06-20-2014, 12:50 PM
KM has water on the knee that is the reason for the gushing fountain of tears.

91BRONCO
06-20-2014, 01:38 PM
I was surprised his knee held up last year. Sucks though he forced you to like him with his new style of play the last couple years.

It's his other knee this time but I was surprised he made it through the whole season last year as well. Just means he's due to miss time this year though.....

broncosteven
06-20-2014, 01:53 PM
It's his other knee this time but I was surprised he made it through the whole season last year as well. Just means he's due to miss time this year though.....

Didn't he leave the SB early because of injury? Don't remember what happened to him and refuse to rewatch it for a long time, maybe in 10-20 years I will pop it in as a time killer, if I am still alive.

91BRONCO
06-20-2014, 09:47 PM
Didn't he leave the SB early because of injury? Don't remember what happened to him and refuse to rewatch it for a long time, maybe in 10-20 years I will pop it in as a time killer, if I am still alive.

I'm not the right person to ask- I couldn't watch the whole game to be honest. From the first snap I kind of knew what was going down and started getting tanked. Held on until midway into the third quarter when we all knew the ship was going down.

Got hammered drunk in the first row of a Lynryrd Skynryd concert....

Yeah, I won't ever see that whole thing....

Maleficent
06-21-2014, 10:49 PM
Not sure if it has been posted.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/CblSl6iUXDM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/CblSl6iUXDM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Gutless Drunk
06-24-2014, 02:06 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Chargers have come to terms on a deal with CB Brandon Flowers.</p>&mdash; Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/statuses/481543280878825472">June 24, 2014</a></blockquote>

Kaylore
06-24-2014, 02:14 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Chargers have come to terms on a deal with CB Brandon Flowers.</p>&mdash; Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/statuses/481543280878825472">June 24, 2014</a></blockquote>

Staying in the AFC West. I've noticed a lot of players go to division rivals in free agency.

LikeABoss5820
06-24-2014, 02:18 PM
One-year deal, so he can cash in next offseason.

Kaylore
06-24-2014, 02:37 PM
"Two-for"

Strengthen your team. Weaken a rival.

I assumed it was because they over-valued the player because they saw them more.

KCStud
06-24-2014, 02:56 PM
One-year deal, so he can cash in next offseason.

I doubt he will "cash in". He already got his big contract and he's gonna be 29 in 2015. League is also moving to bigger, longer CB's.

He might get a decent contract then, but nothing big IMO.

KCStud
06-24-2014, 02:59 PM
@LRiddickESPN: A 1-year deal huh? For a 28 yr. old "Pro Bowl" corner by a team that desperately needs all the corners it can get?

Interesting. Their CB's are all midgets. I see a lot of fade passes being thrown their way this season.

Gutless Drunk
06-24-2014, 03:53 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>CB Brandon Flowers’ 1-year deal with the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chargers?src=hash">#Chargers</a> is worth up to $5M, I’m told. Can prove himself in 2014, cash in again at 29</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/481570360643448832">June 24, 2014</a></blockquote>

boltaneer
06-24-2014, 04:07 PM

Sweet!

LikeABoss5820
06-24-2014, 04:47 PM
I doubt he will "cash in". He already got his big contract and he's gonna be 29 in 2015. League is also moving to bigger, longer CB's.

He might get a decent contract then, but nothing big IMO.

Cash-in wasnt the right words, meant to say get a bigger contract if he has a better year.

He wont get Sherman/Haden type but i can see him get 6-7 million a year somewhere next year if he does well.

Gutless Drunk
06-25-2014, 12:25 PM
CARD SUSPENDS CONTRACT ADVISOR MARTIN MAGID’S CERTIFICATION

Based on information presented to the National Football League Players Association (“NFLPA”), a determination was made that NFLPA Certified Contract Advisor Martin Magid failed to meet his professional obligations to his former client, Elvis Dumervil, thereby violating the NFLPA Regulations Governing Contract Advisors. When questioned by the NFLPA about his actions surrounding the termination of Mr. Dumervil’s contract by the Denver Broncos, Magid gave several statements under oath that, along with other evidence discovered by an NFLPA investigation into the matter, provided a basis to issue a disciplinary complaint. On October 22, 2013, after reviewing the evidence, the NFLPA Committee on Agent Regulation and Discipline (“CARD”) imposed discipline of a six (6) month suspension of Magid’s certification and a $25,000 fine.

On October 23, 2013, Magid appealed the CARD decision, and a hearing was set before Arbitrator Roger Kaplan. In a decision issued by Kaplan on June 16, 2014, the arbitrator found that Magid’s insufficient knowledge of the CBA and negligence violated NFLPA Regulations Governing Contract Advisors, and he upheld the six (6) month suspension; he revoked the fine. Therefore, Magid is suspended for a period lasting six (6) months from the date of the decision.

https://www.nflplayers.com/Articles/Press-Releases/Arbitrator-Upholds-Discipline-on-Three-Contract-Advisors/

IndelibleScribe
06-25-2014, 10:13 PM
CARD SUSPENDS CONTRACT ADVISOR MARTIN MAGID’S CERTIFICATION

Based on information presented to the National Football League Players Association (“NFLPA”), a determination was made that NFLPA Certified Contract Advisor Martin Magid failed to meet his professional obligations to his former client, Elvis Dumervil, thereby violating the NFLPA Regulations Governing Contract Advisors. When questioned by the NFLPA about his actions surrounding the termination of Mr. Dumervil’s contract by the Denver Broncos, Magid gave several statements under oath that, along with other evidence discovered by an NFLPA investigation into the matter, provided a basis to issue a disciplinary complaint. On October 22, 2013, after reviewing the evidence, the NFLPA Committee on Agent Regulation and Discipline (“CARD”) imposed discipline of a six (6) month suspension of Magid’s certification and a $25,000 fine.

On October 23, 2013, Magid appealed the CARD decision, and a hearing was set before Arbitrator Roger Kaplan. In a decision issued by Kaplan on June 16, 2014, the arbitrator found that Magid’s insufficient knowledge of the CBA and negligence violated NFLPA Regulations Governing Contract Advisors, and he upheld the six (6) month suspension; he revoked the fine. Therefore, Magid is suspended for a period lasting six (6) months from the date of the decision.

https://www.nflplayers.com/Articles/Press-Releases/Arbitrator-Upholds-Discipline-on-Three-Contract-Advisors/

I am so glad he was so stupid. Saved our asses.

Maleficent
06-29-2014, 08:01 PM
NFL: The 7 Worst Quarterbacks Set to Start in 2014

7. Matt Schaub, Oakland Raiders

6. Carson Palmer, Arizona Cardinals

5. Alex Smith, Kansas City

No one seems to know exactly how good Alex Smith is. After a series of largely forgettable seasons to kick off his tenure with the San Francisco 49ers, Smith was the starting QB for a full season with a Niners squad that went 13-3-0 before being supplanted by Colin Kaepernick and shipping off to Kansas City. While the Chiefs went 11-4 with Smith under center, the 30-year-old remains an enigma, as the Chiefs failed to make a significant mark on the postseason. There’s also the matter of Jamaal Charles, who came back from an injury shortened 2012 to deliver a knockout 2013 campaign. The reason he’s so high on this list? After eight seasons, no one knows if he’s any good. That’s fairly damning in and of itself, especially for a number one overall pick.
4. Josh McCown, Tampa Bay

3. Chad Henne, Jacksonville Jaguars

2. Matt Cassel, Minnesota Vikings

1. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Houston Texans

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/sports/nfl-the-7-worst-quarterbacks-set-to-start-in-2014.html/?a=viewall

Drunken.Broncoholic2
06-29-2014, 08:09 PM
looks like they are giving credit to Johnny football..

I think Johnny is lower on his depth chart. He's not the starter. Hoyer is.

Shananahan
06-29-2014, 08:16 PM

No one seems to know exactly how good Alex Smith is. After a series of largely forgettable seasons to kick off his tenure with the San Francisco 49ers, Smith was the starting QB for a full season with a Niners squad that went 13-3-0 before being supplanted by Colin Kaepernick and shipping off to Kansas City. While the Chiefs went 11-4 with Smith under center, the 30-year-old remains an enigma, as the Chiefs failed to make a significant mark on the postseason. There’s also the matter of Jamaal Charles, who came back from an injury shortened 2012 to deliver a knockout 2013 campaign. The reason he’s so high on this list? After eight seasons, no one knows if he’s any good. That’s fairly damning in and of itself, especially for a number one overall pick.
This is a pretty ridiculous and poorly thought-out writeup. Lazy, plain and simple.

The problem with Smith is not that nobody knows how good he is, it's the exact opposite: everybody knows, and it isn't all that good. He's been in the league long enough that to expect some dramatic turnaround in his down-field passing and risk-taking tendencies wouldn't be realistic. He can't or won't throw it deep and he plays to not lose. He's an above average quarterback, but not by much and not by enough to win you a game by himself if other parts of your team are not working.

The author of that piece seems like an idiot.

Tombstone RJ
06-29-2014, 09:00 PM
This is a pretty ridiculous and poorly thought-out writeup. Lazy, plain and simple.

The problem with Smith is not that nobody knows how good he is, it's the exact opposite: everybody knows, and it isn't all that good. He's been in the league long enough that to expect some dramatic turnaround in his down-field passing and risk-taking tendencies wouldn't be realistic. He can't or won't throw it deep and he plays to not lose. He's an above average quarterback, but not by much and not by enough to win you a game by himself if other parts of your team are not working.

The author of that piece seems like an idiot.

spot on. Everyone knows exactly who and what Smith is as an NFL QB...

Tombstone RJ
06-29-2014, 09:04 PM
NFL: The 7 Worst Quarterbacks Set to Start in 2014

7. Matt Schaub, Oakland Raiders

6. Carson Palmer, Arizona Cardinals

4. Josh McCown, Tampa Bay

3. Chad Henne, Jacksonville Jaguars

2. Matt Cassel, Minnesota Vikings

1. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Houston Texans

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/sports/nfl-the-7-worst-quarterbacks-set-to-start-in-2014.html/?a=viewall

Jacksonville is in a good situation with Henne. They have their #1 QB sitting on the bench right behind Henne which makes a lot of sense. The question is, will Bortles out perform Henne for the starting spot? If Bortles does out perform Henne during training camp and preseason then he deserves to start anyway.

Also, I be laughing hysterically if Cassel all of a sudden becomes a viable number 1 QB for the Vikings...

baja
06-29-2014, 09:07 PM
Interesting that McD is the only coach to ever get anything out of Cassel

bowtown
06-29-2014, 09:07 PM
Interesting that McD is the only coach to ever get anything out of Cassel

No it isn't.