PDA

View Full Version : Around The NFL:

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76

Broncos_OTM
01-01-2014, 12:25 PM
I did?" Bailey said, smiling. "Hey, until these young guys start doing something, I'm not taking a back seat to them. Later on, maybe, but right now I still feel like I can play at the level I expect and the level they expect me to at corner. Besides, I'm not even close to 36. I'm 34."

Wes Mantooth
01-01-2014, 12:30 PM
I did?" Bailey said, smiling. "Hey, until these young guys start doing something, I'm not taking a back seat to them. Later on, maybe, but right now I still feel like I can play at the level I expect and the level they expect me to at corner. Besides, I'm not even close to 36. I'm 34."

Are you expecting him to switch mid season while recovering from an injury? This is also a paper asking the question, not a coach

Broncos_OTM
01-01-2014, 12:32 PM
Are you expecting him to switch mid season while recovering from an injury? This is also a paper asking the question, not a coach

Did I do anything or say anything in this thread that would make you think that. All I did was provide a link to where it stated he refused to move.

mennonite
01-01-2014, 12:33 PM
You know what the coaches asked him I sure dont. And yes its a refusal

I have no idea what the coaches asked him. I'm just pointing out that the article you linked only contains a reporter asking Champ if he will be movie to safety. There were no quotes about the coaches asking him to make the change or even "anonymous sources" suggesting such a thing.

broncocalijohn
01-01-2014, 12:38 PM
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/22097203/broncos-cb-champ-bailey-not-looking-to-move-to-safety

Quote from Champ Bailey:
"It’s funny, though. The Denver Post asked him about a potential position change before last season, and Bailey said, “"maybe into my 16th season or around there … I'm a realist, though. If I see myself on tape and I think it's time to make a move, I'll know it's time to make a move. I'll be the first to see it, I'll be the first to know it. Maybe when I'm 36."

I don't see him saying, "No way am I moving to safety!"

mennonite
01-01-2014, 12:42 PM
I don't see him saying, "No way am I moving to safety!"

More importantly, I don't see anyone other than the reporter asking him if he would move to safety.

It would be like reading a story about a reporter asking Mitch Unrein if he wanted to return punts and when hes says "No" you infer that he is defying Fox's wishes.

I just haven't heard or seen any evidence that anyone on the coaching staff has asked or would even consider moving Champ to safety.

p.s. Chef Luigi is an idiot.

Broncos_OTM
01-01-2014, 12:43 PM
Quote from Champ Bailey:
"It’s funny, though. The Denver Post asked him about a potential position change before last season, and Bailey said, “"maybe into my 16th season or around there … I'm a realist, though. If I see myself on tape and I think it's time to make a move, I'll know it's time to make a move. I'll be the first to see it, I'll be the first to know it. Maybe when I'm 36."

I don't see him saying, "No way am I moving to safety!"i don't think he would refuse champs a team player... my response was to post 6464 and 6466
Mostly 6466

Broncos_OTM
01-01-2014, 12:45 PM
More importantly, I don't see anyone other than the reporter asking him if he would move to safety.

It would be like reading a story about a reporter asking Mitch Unrein if he wanted to return punts and when hes says "No" you infer that he is defying Fox's wishes.

I just haven't heard or seen any evidence that anyone on the coaching staff has asked or would even consider moving Champ to safety.

P

p.s. Chef Luigi is an idiot.I think they keep all those discussions in house no way of knowjng

Dedhed
01-01-2014, 12:50 PM
Did I do anything or say anything in this thread that would make you think that. All I did was provide a link to where it stated he refused to move.Lulz. It didn't state that he refused to move, it said he wasn't considering a move to safety...yet.

Broncos_OTM
01-01-2014, 12:55 PM
Lulz. It didn't state that he refused to move, it said he wasn't considering a move to safety...yet.
We don't know what internally is being tossed about, that however is a public refusal.

But whatever you wanna think... spin it however you want.

broncocalijohn
01-01-2014, 01:51 PM
The articles on Champ were before or right after the 2013 draft. He wasn't quite 35 yet and next season will be 36. Champ just had some major complications to injuries and a year older. It is now a different scenario for him and he will know if moving to safety is his best option...as well as the coaches.

errand
01-01-2014, 01:56 PM
While I personally think Champ is one of those rare athletes who could possibly play almost anywhere in the secondary, it doesn't mean he actually can.

There's no guarantee he will make a smooth transition to safety (if/when he does)....but if he can more power to him and the Broncos.

broncocalijohn
01-01-2014, 02:10 PM
While I personally think Champ is one of those rare athletes who could possibly play almost anywhere in the secondary, it doesn't mean he actually can.

There's no guarantee he will make a smooth transition to safety (if/when he does)....but if he can more power to him and the Broncos.

On this team right now, he has not much competition.

Shananahan
01-01-2014, 02:19 PM
All I did was provide a link to where it stated he refused to move.
Either you didn't read the link you provided or you don't understand what a refusal is or how it works.

Wes Mantooth
01-01-2014, 04:06 PM
We don't know what internally is being tossed about, that however is a public refusal.

But whatever you wanna think... spin it however you want.

Dude, you are the only one spinning. At least since I blocked chef

SouthStndJunkie
01-01-2014, 06:24 PM
Lovie Smith has reached an agreement to become the next head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, sources told ESPN.

pricejj
01-01-2014, 07:17 PM
Champ to Safety talk is nonsense.

He'll be playing part-time at Nickel CB for the Broncos until he retires or is cut. In all likelihood, that'll be after the season is over. If we're lucky, Champ will be healthy enough to play next season, and be willing to take a massive pay-cut.

In any case, he doesn't have much time left. The next game could be his last.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
01-01-2014, 07:24 PM
Champ to Safety talk is nonsense.

He'll be playing part-time at Nickel CB for the Broncos until he retires or is cut. In all likelihood, that'll be after the season is over. If we're lucky, Champ will be healthy enough to play next season, and be willing to take a massive pay-cut.

In any case, he doesn't have much time left. The next 3 games could be his last.

FYP

Zealot
01-01-2014, 08:10 PM
Lovie Smith has reached an agreement to become the next head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, sources told ESPN.

That's unfortunate for the Bucs, IMO

Kaylore
01-01-2014, 09:53 PM

5 years. Lovie will make them respectable. Not much more than that, though.

IndelibleScribe
01-01-2014, 10:23 PM

Only if they can't find a QB.
The D is set, Marinelli is coming in as DC. The running game and OL is good to go and they have a good WR in Jackson. Now you need a franchise QB and they will be a super bowl contender in 2 seasons.

CHEF LUIGI
01-01-2014, 10:45 PM
MIKE NOLAN asked champ to consider a move to safety when he was in DC and when he came to denver. champ refused both times.

Sly_Eli
01-01-2014, 11:49 PM
MIKE NOLAN asked champ to consider a move to safety when he was in DC and when he came to denver. champ refused both times.

Maybe because champ was in the midst of his prime and the top corner in the NFL? And great corners are more valuable than great safeties? I don't know where you get this supposed "information," but there's no way Nolan asks the top corner in the NFL to switch to safety full time unless he's a complete idiot. If he did, then Champ had every reason to laugh in his face.

DenverBound
01-02-2014, 01:37 AM
Where is Mike Nolan these days?

Agamemnon
01-02-2014, 02:01 AM

Not sure why you think that. Lovie is a good coach who has done well considering he's never had anything better than mediocre and bad QBs.

errand
01-02-2014, 02:36 AM
Not sure why you think that. Lovie is a good coach who has done well considering he's never drafted, traded for, or signed anything better than mediocre and bad QBs.

FYP

Agamemnon
01-02-2014, 03:04 AM
FYP

He's never had GM duties as far as I'm aware.

IndelibleScribe
01-02-2014, 06:27 AM
FYP

Jerry Angelo was the GM. Not Lovie.

elsid13
01-02-2014, 06:55 AM
Where is Mike Nolan these days?

DC for Atlanta. Just got raise and extension.

CHEF LUIGI
01-02-2014, 07:07 AM
Nolan saw that as a corner, champ could just be avoided, but as a safety he could dictate his own matchups and defend the deep field and have a greater impact on the overall defense than just following a decoy to the bathroom because no QB was going to throw in his diorection. NOLAN saw champ as a super ED REED, great instincts, savvy and ball skills as well as text-book tackling.

Broncos_OTM
01-02-2014, 07:24 AM
Either you didn't read the link you provided or you don't understand what a refusal is or how it works.

How much further are we gonna split hairs.. explain your point.. because I don't understand your point. Do you have one?

Broncos_OTM
01-02-2014, 07:27 AM
Dude, you are the only one spinning. At least since I blocked chef

What's your point. He said pubically he didn't want to play safety? He said he felt he was good enough to play cab... explain your point

Beantown Bronco
01-02-2014, 07:28 AM
DC for Atlanta. Just got raise and extension.

What's hilarious is Nolan just did the EXACT same thing he's done basically every year as a DC or HC and people keep rewarding him for it.

His defense starts of year strong
Teams get film on him and then his defenses promptly suck in November and December
He signs a big extension or leaves and signs with some other dumb team

(Atlanta had yet another top 10 D early on the season and ended the season ranked 27th.)

Kaylore
01-02-2014, 07:44 AM
What's hilarious is Nolan just did the EXACT same thing he's done basically every year as a DC or HC and people keep rewarding him for it.

His defense starts of year strong
Teams get film on him and then his defenses promptly suck in November and December
He signs a big extension or leaves and signs with some other dumb team

(Atlanta had yet another top 10 D early on the season and ended the season ranked 27th.)

REP. He's overrated.

crush17
01-02-2014, 07:47 AM
Cutler signs 7 year deal with Bears

www.nfl.com

mennonite
01-02-2014, 07:52 AM
What's your point. He said pubically he didn't want to play safety? He said he felt he was good enough to play cab... explain your point

There is a big difference between a reporter asking a hypothetical question "Are you moving to safety?" and a coach telling a player "You are moving to safety." It's the difference between your buddy asking if you are working late on Friday and your boss telling you to. Telling your friend that you aren't working overtime is not the same thing as refusing your boss' order. See what I mean?

Edit:Am I using boss' correctly? Should it be "bosses"?

Miss I.
01-02-2014, 07:59 AM

www.nfl.com

Darn it. beat me to it. I am watching the presser now. Wonder what this means for McCown.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-02-2014, 08:02 AM

www.nfl.com

YOU get a game-and-season-ending interception! And YOU get a game-and-season-ending-interception! And YOU get a game-and-season-ending-interception!

Smiling Assassin27
01-02-2014, 08:02 AM
Million dollar arm, five cent head....Still.

crush17
01-02-2014, 08:04 AM
Darn it. beat me to it. I am watching the presser now. Wonder what this means for McCown.

McCown will probably stay on as the backup. He said he might retire so I would assume he just stays or retires.

Miss I.
01-02-2014, 08:07 AM
McCown will probably stay on as the backup. He said he might retire so I would assume he just stays or retires.

that's my guess too. I did see that his deal with Chicago is kind of daft in that had they just offered him literally $1 more dollar over the minimum they'd have more ability to keep him or at least sign his extension sooner than March.

He's a good backup for anyone and certainly one of the cheaper ones. I think it's also interesting according to the article that he's built a good relationship with Cutler so Chicago should endeavor to keep him.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24375969/the-ironic-reason-why-the-bears-cant-extend-josh-mccown

Gutless Drunk
01-02-2014, 08:08 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Per <a href="https://twitter.com/alexmarvez">@alexmarvez</a>, Cutler extension averages $18M in the first 3 years. That suggests a guarantee in the $50M-$55M range, which sounds right.</p>&mdash; Brian McIntyre (@brian_mcintyre) <a href="https://twitter.com/brian_mcintyre/statuses/418774365824499712">January 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ludo21
01-02-2014, 08:17 AM
oooofta...

May be a doofus in the brain, but there are not enough good quarterbacks out there to not pay him

mennonite
01-02-2014, 08:19 AM
Only 18 million a year? Sounds about right. I mean. the guy's no Joe Flacco, right?

Wes Mantooth
01-02-2014, 08:49 AM

The only person I have heard say that Champ didn't want to play Safety is you. your quote from Champ never supported that statement. Without facts, this is a spin.

errand
01-02-2014, 09:06 AM

I thought McCown said he wasn't sure if he was gonna play after this season....

errand
01-02-2014, 09:10 AM
Jerry Angelo was the GM. Not Lovie.

So is it possible that Jerry asked Lovie "Hey, we need a QB...what do you think about _______" before he signed them?

bronco militia
01-02-2014, 09:14 AM

mccown said he was thinking about retiring a few weeks ago.

crush17
01-02-2014, 09:51 AM
Hey guys, did you hear McCown said he may retire after this season?

cmhargrove
01-02-2014, 01:10 PM

Liar, liar, pants on fire!

Third time (that I know of) you have spewed this trash. Prove it, show the link.

cmhargrove
01-02-2014, 01:13 PM
Hey guys, did you hear McCown said he may retire after this season?

He's asking John Kitna about getting a teaching gig.

Seriously, that Kitna one week rental was pretty cool. Did you hear he plans to donate his 50k paycheck (for ther week) to the school where he teaches and to the teams he coaches? That's pretty awesome if true.

Kaylore
01-02-2014, 01:19 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Per <a href="https://twitter.com/alexmarvez">@alexmarvez</a>, Cutler extension averages $18M in the first 3 years. That suggests a guarantee in the $50M-$55M range, which sounds right.</p>&mdash; Brian McIntyre (@brian_mcintyre) <a href="https://twitter.com/brian_mcintyre/statuses/418774365824499712">January 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

That's about right. Good for both parties.

IndelibleScribe
01-02-2014, 01:49 PM
So is it possible that Jerry asked Lovie "Hey, we need a QB...what do you think about _______" before he signed them?

Just about every GM with a legit relationship with his coach will ask opinions. That's part of the evaluation. What is a coach going to say "No I don't want a potential upgrade over x."

Smiling Assassin27
01-02-2014, 01:53 PM
ACL Recovery Club ‏@ACLrecoveryCLUB 23m
Here is the finalized @nfl Torn ACL Injury list through Week 17. I have the number at 61. @SeifertESPN @theMMQB

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BdATaToCUAA1rDz.jpg

Bronco
01-02-2014, 06:11 PM
It's supposed to be -30 for the Green Bay vs San Francisco game on Sunday at Lambeau.

Agamemnon
01-02-2014, 06:17 PM
It's supposed to be -30 for the Green Bay vs San Francisco game on Sunday at Lambeau.

And people are wondering why they are having a hard time selling out. That's frostbite weather right there.

myMind
01-02-2014, 06:22 PM

A high of -3 and low of -12 is what Im finding.

Agamemnon
01-02-2014, 06:23 PM

You do get that that is not remotely the same thing as what you alluded to right? The guy has never been a GM and can't be blamed for the failures of the GM he played under. Come on now.

broncosteven
01-02-2014, 06:27 PM

It is supposed to be -9 on Monday here in Chi-Town per my iphone weather app.

It was only 16 as a high here today and that seemed warm. With the sun out some snow was melting and when I ran to the library I didn't even button my coat.

errand
01-02-2014, 06:35 PM
He's asking John Kitna about getting a teaching gig.

Seriously, that Kitna one week rental was pretty cool. Did you hear he plans to donate his 50k paycheck (for ther week) to the school where he teaches and to the teams he coaches? That's pretty awesome if true.

Story is true....

errand
01-02-2014, 06:37 PM
You do get that that is not remotely the same thing as what you alluded to right? The guy has never been a GM and can't be blamed for the failures of the GM he played under. Come on now.

Wow...you're not really trying to claim Lovie had no say so over who plays for the team are you?

errand
01-02-2014, 06:53 PM
Just about every GM with a legit relationship with his coach will ask opinions. That's part of the evaluation. What is a coach going to say "No I don't want a potential upgrade over x."

I would hope a coach wouldn't say "no" when the possibility of an upgrade is proposed.....

my whole point was that Lovie was asked about and knew who the Bears were gonna sign to be his team's QB.

Others are basically claiming he just coaches whoever the hell they sign and draft and that he had no input over who comes or goes.

Agamemnon
01-02-2014, 07:08 PM
Wow...you're not really trying to claim Lovie had no say so over who plays for the team are you?

I'm saying that he can't be held responsible for the failures of his GM regardless of how much input he did or didn't have (which is unknown). The GM is ultimately responsible for how a roster turns out, and Lovie never had that role. Honestly, you shouldn't need this explained to you.

Agamemnon
01-02-2014, 07:15 PM
By the way, the Bears did try to acquire a good QB while Lovie was there. Unfortunately for them, what they thought was a good QB turned out to be a mediocre QB with a cannon arm.

Broncos_OTM
01-02-2014, 07:20 PM
The only person I have heard say that Champ didn't want to play Safety is you. your quote from Champ never supported that statement. Without facts, this is a spin. I Gave you two sources where it says he didn't. One source is the DENVER POST. And the other source Andrew Mason who did all the content on denverbroncos.com for years ... so i'd say he has a pretty good read on the team.
There has been a lot of spin... you guys asked for a source... I gave you two of them(remember I bet it was the bleacher report derrrr). Then it was spun to say the team didn't ask him...I don't know what the team asked him to do and neither do YOU as a fan all we can go off is reporters and the players and coaches themselves. And champ made the comment himself that at the point he made the statement HE WOULD BE AGAINST A MOVE...

errand
01-02-2014, 07:24 PM
I'm saying that he can't be held responsible for the failures of his GM regardless of how much input he did or didn't have (which is unknown). The GM is ultimately responsible for how a roster turns out, and Lovie never had that role. Honestly, you shouldn't need this explained to you.

Yeah, OK Lovie had no say so..... from his own wikipedia page

Later in the offseason, Smith and general manager Jerry Angelo had conflicting views on the future of the team's quarterback position. While Smith was content with Orton, Angelo was more interested in creating a long-term solution to the position. Angelo traded Orton and the Bears' 2009 and 2010 first round draft picks for Jay Cutler of the Denver Broncos.:

Seems like Lovie was asked about his opinion when it came to the QB position...which was my contention all along.

Shananahan
01-02-2014, 08:02 PM
You're contradicting yourself, or scrambling to rearrange your claim.

Did Lovie have input? Yes. Did he have any say? No. Therefor he actually did just coach whoever they put on the field at QB.

IndelibleScribe
01-02-2014, 08:08 PM
I would hope a coach wouldn't say "no" when the possibility of an upgrade is proposed.....

my whole point was that Lovie was asked about and knew who the Bears were gonna sign to be his team's QB.

Others are basically claiming he just coaches whoever the hell they sign and draft and that he had no input over who comes or goes.

That's what a normal non controlling coach does.
The Bears were set up similar to the Ravens or 49ers before Cutler.
Play great D, have a QB who can manage the game and not turn it over.

Angelo was very crappy at building a team around Cutler. He was piss poor at drafting QB's and even worse on the OL.

bowtown
01-02-2014, 08:10 PM
Yeah, OK Lovie had no say so..... from his own wikipedia page

Later in the offseason, Smith and general manager Jerry Angelo had conflicting views on the future of the team's quarterback position. While Smith was content with Orton, Angelo was more interested in creating a long-term solution to the position. Angelo traded Orton and the Bears' 2009 and 2010 first round draft picks for Jay Cutler of the Denver Broncos.:

Seems like Lovie was asked about his opinion when it came to the QB position...which was my contention all along.

Congrats on pwning yourself.

IndelibleScribe
01-02-2014, 09:09 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>OU Head Coach and Ohio native Bob Stoops may have the inside track on the Cleveland Browns opening.</p>&mdash; Tony Softli (@SoftliSTL) <a href="https://twitter.com/SoftliSTL/statuses/418939921420652544">January 3, 2014</a></blockquote>

Da fuq?

broncocalijohn
01-02-2014, 09:42 PM
A high of -3 and low of -12 is what Im finding.

In that case, get the sunscreen out and wear your wife beaters!

oubronco
01-02-2014, 09:44 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>OU Head Coach and Ohio native Bob Stoops may have the inside track on the Cleveland Browns opening.</p>&mdash; Tony Softli (@SoftliSTL) <a href="https://twitter.com/SoftliSTL/statuses/418939921420652544">January 3, 2014</a></blockquote>

Da fuq?

Hilarious! Not happening

IndelibleScribe
01-02-2014, 09:53 PM
Hilarious! Not happening

I get the distinct feeling that McDaniels will be the guy and everyone else is just fodder.
But I mean seriously. To bring Bob Stoops into it? Nonsense!

broncosteven
01-02-2014, 10:20 PM
Hilarious! Not happening

That would mean mCd would be forced to go to Canton High and get his dad fired and take his HC gig there.

Wes Mantooth
01-03-2014, 08:49 AM
I Gave you two sources where it says he didn't. One source is the DENVER POST. And the other source Andrew Mason who did all the content on denverbroncos.com for years ... so i'd say he has a pretty good read on the team.
There has been a lot of spin... you guys asked for a source... I gave you two of them(remember I bet it was the bleacher report derrrr). Then it was spun to say the team didn't ask him...I don't know what the team asked him to do and neither do YOU as a fan all we can go off is reporters and the players and coaches themselves. And champ made the comment himself that at the point he made the statement HE WOULD BE AGAINST A MOVE...

You provided stories where champ said he is not ready to move, nothing of a refusal.

Here is something from Elway where he states they are not considering it:

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8998981&src=desktop

Gutless Drunk
01-06-2014, 09:37 AM
DeSean Jackson said Monday he wants the Eagles to renegotiate his contract and give him a raise.

In March of 2012, Jackson signed a five-year, $48.2 million contract that included $15 million guaranteed. He's owed $10.25 million in 2014 base salary and a total of $30.5 million in salary plus workout bonuses over the next three years. But as he comes off a career-best season, he wants more. "I definitely feel like it's deserving," Jackson said. "I'm proven in this league, and after this past year, went out there, no distractions, and just really put it all in for my team and went out there and had a lot of success, so we’ll see how it goes." D-Jax has absolutely no leverage here. He's being compensated at a rate in line with the elite players at his position and is under contract through 2016. Skipping OTAs and minicamps won't do anyone any good.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/

LOL

bronco militia
01-06-2014, 10:39 AM
Bob Stoops is not a candidate to coach the Cleveland Browns.

A league source close to the Browns confirmed that Stoops has never been on Cleveland's radar and that the team will not interview the longtime Oklahoma coach.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10250648/bob-stoops-oklahoma-sooners-not-candidate-coach-cleveland-browns

Smiling Assassin27
01-06-2014, 10:51 AM
FFToolbox.com ‏@fftoolbox 2m
Chargers RB Ryan Mathews wearing a walking boot after Sunday's game http://bit.ly/1cTExQr

bronco militia
01-06-2014, 10:52 AM
the way the charger OL is playing, it doesn't matter who they put back there.

boltaneer
01-06-2014, 10:56 AM
It's the Ronnie Brown comeback tour 2014!

crush17
01-06-2014, 11:02 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000309928/article/mike-sherman-fired-by-miami-dolphins

Mike Sherman fired as OC in Miami

Kaylore
01-06-2014, 11:07 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000309928/article/mike-sherman-fired-by-miami-dolphins

Mike Sherman fired as OC in Miami

Miami was one of the worst teams as far as giving up sacks. I didn't really watch them though. Is that a result of lack of talent on the line, Tannehill taking a lot of sacks, or bad play calling?

IndelibleScribe
01-06-2014, 11:30 AM
Miami was one of the worst teams as far as giving up sacks. I didn't really watch them though. Is that a result of lack of talent on the line, Tannehill taking a lot of sacks, or bad play calling?

It's the line and Tannehill. He is bad about taking a sack. Screw your completion %, throw the damn ball away or pull it down and gain 3-4 yards with your legs.

bronco militia
01-06-2014, 11:35 AM
IMO, Tannehill is right there with the pocket sloth when it comes to moving around in the pocket

bronco militia
01-06-2014, 12:20 PM
former bolt news

Reche Caldwell charged with illegal gambling operation

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 6, 2014, 3:01 PM EST
rechecaldwell
Former NFL receiver Reche Caldwell has been arrested and charged with being a ringleader of an illegal gambling operation.

The Tampa Bay Times reports that Caldwell was among eight men arrested after officers raided a building in Tampa on Sunday afternoon.

Caldwell was charged with running an illegal gambling house and bookmaking. He was released early Monday on $4,000 bail.

A second-round pick of the Chargers in 2002, Caldwell played four years in San Diego, one in New England and one in Washington. He has been out of the league since the Rams cut him at the end of the 2008 preseason.

http://www.lobshots.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Bugeyes.jpg

IndelibleScribe
01-06-2014, 01:13 PM
This is why you should save money instead of blowing it all.

Sly_Eli
01-06-2014, 01:16 PM
Isn't that Andre Caldwell's older bro?

crush17
01-06-2014, 01:19 PM
Isn't that Andre Caldwell's older bro?

Cousin I believe.

broncocalijohn
01-06-2014, 01:48 PM
It's the line and Tannehill. He is bad about taking a sack. Screw your completion %, throw the damn ball away or pull it down and gain 3-4 yards with your legs.

Sounds like Rob Johnson at USC and Buffalo and Tampa Bay.

Gutless Drunk
01-06-2014, 01:49 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Patriots announced that they have placed LB Brandon Spikes on injured reserve with a knee injury.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/420307276977954816">January 6, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Patriots&amp;src=hash">#Patriots</a> placed run-stuffing LB Brandon Spikes on Injured Reserve with a knee injury. Middle of the D lost Mayo, Wilfork &amp; Spikes</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/420311259976708097">January 6, 2014</a></blockquote>

IndelibleScribe
01-06-2014, 02:35 PM
Sounds like Rob Johnson at USC and Buffalo and Tampa Bay.

Wow that's ****ed up Hilarious!

Sly_Eli
01-06-2014, 03:55 PM
Cousin I believe.

Just checked:

Personal[edit]

Caldwell is the older bother of Andre Caldwell, former Florida Gators star and current NFL wide receiver for the Denver Broncos.[4]

bowtown
01-06-2014, 04:01 PM
Just checked:

Personal[edit]

Caldwell is the older bother of Andre Caldwell, former Florida Gators star and current NFL wide receiver for the Denver Broncos.[4]

Great, now Bubba's going to be all distracted. This has Belichick written all over it.

Bronco
01-06-2014, 07:42 PM
Not really 'around the nfl' since both of these guys are on espn payroll but did anyone else see the Trent Dilfer hummer that he gave to tebow on sunday before the chargers game? I vividly remember him being a tebow hater but once they are on the same team there's an endorsement. I'm sure its just the script he was reading but If its true some of the posters here and some of the past will be thrilled.
http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2014/january/espn-countdown-segment-starring-trent-dilfer-and-tim-tebow-serves-only-espn.html

crush17
01-07-2014, 09:07 AM
Are these idiots for real?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/06/fans-start-fund-to-pay-lynchs-fine/related/

I think Marshawn Lynch can afford to pay his own fines.

maven
01-07-2014, 09:13 AM

It's the line. Absolutely ****ing horrible. I actually think Tanny did all right with that pathetic excuse for a line. Good job Dolphins bringing in all the players with big $$$ and zero help on the line.

mennonite
01-07-2014, 01:10 PM
Is it just me, or is PFT hammering the **** out of Jay Gruden and Dalton?

broncosteven
01-07-2014, 01:32 PM
Not really 'around the nfl' since both of these guys are on espn payroll but did anyone else see the Trent Dilfer hummer that he gave to tebow on sunday before the chargers game? I vividly remember him being a tebow hater but once they are on the same team there's an endorsement. I'm sure its just the script he was reading but If its true some of the posters here and some of the past will be thrilled.
http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2014/january/espn-countdown-segment-starring-trent-dilfer-and-tim-tebow-serves-only-espn.html

I saw it as well and was joking with a bear fan friend about the fact of all the great QB's in the world Timmy picked Dilfer to get his passing pointers. It had to be a favor from ESPN to Timmy to keep his name out there and give him exposure since he has been out of the game so long and no one mentions him on the QB FA lists.

The other sad part about the piece was that his motion and delivery did not improve and there was only 1 3 step drop where Timmy got the ball out remotely when Dilfer called for it out. It almost seemed like Dilfer was losing patience with Timmy because he was not improving.

These Heisman run 1st QB's need to look to a guy like the kid from NIU, Jordan Lynch, who was a run 1st QB in college who is willing to switch to RB in the pros just to catch on to a team.

IndelibleScribe
01-07-2014, 04:23 PM
It's the line. Absolutely ****ing horrible. I actually think Tanny did all right with that pathetic excuse for a line. Good job Dolphins bringing in all the players with big $$$ and zero help on the line.

Yeah but he takes a lot of hits because he just won't throw it away.
Luck does as well but he also makes more plays than Tannehill.

DivineLegion
01-07-2014, 05:31 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/07/jeff-ireland-out-in-miami/

Dolphins fire Jeff Ireland.

This could turn into a circus, the Dolphins owner Stephen Ross is best friends with Carl Peterson. For my buddy's sake I hope it doesn't happen, but chances are the Dolphins are about to be transformed into a perennial laughing stock.

lolcopter
01-07-2014, 05:33 PM
"about to be"

errand
01-07-2014, 08:47 PM
I saw it as well and was joking with a bear fan friend about the fact of all the great QB's in the world Timmy picked Dilfer to get his passing pointers. It had to be a favor from ESPN to Timmy to keep his name out there and give him exposure since he has been out of the game so long and no one mentions him on the QB FA lists.

The other sad part about the piece was that his motion and delivery did not improve and there was only 1 3 step drop where Timmy got the ball out remotely when Dilfer called for it out. It almost seemed like Dilfer was losing patience with Timmy because he was not improving.

These Heisman run 1st QB's need to look to a guy like the kid from NIU, Jordan Lynch, who was a run 1st QB in college who is willing to switch to RB in the pros just to catch on to a team.

tom house is a pretty good instructor...

He was the guy who caught Hank Aaron's 715th HR in the bullpen....he also use to have his pitchers (when was a pitching coach in MLB) throw footballs (he's since changed his training beliefs and doesn't do this anymore) and was given a ringing endorsement by Nolan Ryan for helping him pitch into his 40's

broncosteven
01-07-2014, 09:39 PM

This could turn into a circus, the Dolphins owner Stephen Ross is best friends with Carl Peterson. For my buddy's sake I hope it doesn't happen, but chances are the Dolphins are about to be transformed into a perennial laughing stock.

Is he related to Kathy Ireland? She was smoking hot back in the mid 80's.

Also is Peterson writing Goodel to add 2 more teams to the NFL Playoffs so his bad teams can back into the playoffs?

crush17
01-08-2014, 09:56 AM
Saints paint Seahawks logo on practice field to simulate road environment

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000310519/article/saints-put-seahawks-logo-on-new-orleans-practice-field

https://twitter.com/Saints/status/420657464434900992/photo/1

IndelibleScribe
01-08-2014, 10:16 AM

It truly depends on who they hire as the new GM. If they stay in house they're screwed.

Mile High 81
01-09-2014, 06:47 AM
Redskins have hired Jay Gruden as their HC. Done deal.

Per Shefter

crush17
01-09-2014, 07:09 AM

Per Shefter

Interview went something like this:

Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen: "Jay, what do you think of Robert Griffin?"

Jay Gruden: "I love him, and I'll do anything to fit my system around him"

Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen: "You're hired!"

yerner
01-09-2014, 07:31 AM
When you get a chance to hire the 2010 head coach of the Florida Tuskers, you gotta do it.

Kaylore
01-09-2014, 07:40 AM
When you get a chance to hire the 2010 head coach of the Florida Tuskers, you gotta do it.

:rofl:

Drunken.Broncoholic2
01-09-2014, 07:58 AM

Per Shefter

I was saying Jay Gruden would land an HC job. Good for him

gunns
01-09-2014, 08:53 AM
McDaniels says he is not interested in the Browns job (Belichick is still pissed about that one). So right now their radar is on Gase.

crush17
01-09-2014, 08:58 AM
McDaniels says he is not interested in the Browns job (Belichick is still pissed about that one). So right now their radar is on Gase.

Vic Lombardi said his sources within the NFL have told him that it is not Gase they're after, but another coordinator who is currently still coaching a team in the playoffs... so take it for what it's worth.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
01-09-2014, 09:00 AM
Vic Lombardi said his sources within the NFL have told him that it is not Gase they're after, but another coordinator who is currently still coaching a team in the playoffs... so take it for what it's worth.

Greg Roman

Penn St is after him too

crush17
01-09-2014, 09:12 AM
Greg Roman

Penn St is after him too

Penn St. just hired Franklin away from Vanderbilt, so that's out.

mennonite
01-09-2014, 09:24 AM
Franklin did an amazing job at Vandy.

broncosteven
01-09-2014, 11:25 AM

I almost wanted to see him go home to Ohio and **** up so badly that he ends any hope of every being an HC again. Cleveland would have been the perfect place for him and the above to happen.

It is kind of odd how Belly put his foot down and told him **** or get off the pot. It doesn't seem to be that big of a distraction for the other teams that are allowing guys to interview. I do think Gase did it the right way though, if you want me wait until after the playoffs.

91BRONCO
01-09-2014, 11:36 AM
I almost wanted to see him go home to Ohio and **** up so badly that he ends any hope of every being an HC again. Cleveland would have been the perfect place for him and the above to happen.

It is kind of odd how Belly put his foot down and told him **** or get off the pot. It doesn't seem to be that big of a distraction for the other teams that are allowing guys to interview. I do think Gase did it the right way though, if you want me wait until after the playoffs.

The Browns have been so bad for so long I would have actually felt bad for them if they made this hire.

Looks like there is a bit of controversy surrounding him withdrawing his name from consideration as well...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/09/conflicting-reports-emerge-on-why-mcdaniels-withdrew-from-browns-job/

IndelibleScribe
01-09-2014, 11:48 AM
I have zero faith in the Browns making the right hire. It's flat out dysfunctional and Lombardi is the GM.
It is however amazing that they have so much talent on that team.

I like the hire of Gruden by the Redskins.
The real question on his success will be who he gets as his coordinators and his position coaches.
He needs a franchise WR, a new defensive backfield and a stud DC.

Mile High 81
01-09-2014, 12:19 PM
It is however amazing that they have so much talent on that team.

One Name : Tom Heckert. He did an good job as GM there. Good at managing the cap (the browns have the most cap of all teams) and some good drafts.

Only his last Draft was bad (T-Rich + Weeden). Besides this i think he has done a good job there.

And it is pretty amazing what the have there.

- the have some good talent on the roster
- most cap room in the nfl
- 6 top 100 Picks/ 3 Top 40 Picks

But I think they have they have one of the worst FO in the nfl. So the will screw this up LOL

Haslem = Owner who has trouble with the law an i think no clue how to ran a franchise
Lombardi& Banner = Absolut Idiots and Ego´s

So i guess mcdummie would fit perfect there...

TonyR
01-09-2014, 12:36 PM
...Tom Heckert...

Speaking of whom, apparently 5 of the 6 players the Broncos have recently signed are former Browns...

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/prime-cuts/slice/2014-broncos-to-be-browncos-part-deux

Drunken.Broncoholic2
01-09-2014, 12:59 PM
tom house is a pretty good instructor...

He was the guy who caught Hank Aaron's 715th HR in the bullpen....he also use to have his pitchers (when was a pitching coach in MLB) throw footballs (he's since changed his training beliefs and doesn't do this anymore) and was given a ringing endorsement by Nolan Ryan for helping him pitch into his 40's

Tom house was one of the first MLB players to use steroids. People that think Roids weren't being used in the 70s are fooling themselves.

IndelibleScribe
01-09-2014, 03:05 PM
One Name : Tom Heckert. He did an good job as GM there. Good at managing the cap (the browns have the most cap of all teams) and some good drafts.

Only his last Draft was bad (T-Rich + Weeden). Besides this i think he has done a good job there.

And it is pretty amazing what the have there.

- the have some good talent on the roster
- most cap room in the nfl
- 6 top 100 Picks/ 3 Top 40 Picks

But I think they have they have one of the worst FO in the nfl. So the will screw this up LOL

Haslem = Owner who has trouble with the law an i think no clue how to ran a franchise
Lombardi& Banner = Absolut Idiots and Ego´s

So i guess mcdummie would fit perfect there...

Oh I know Heckert is great at finding talent. He was a good one with the Eagles and also as the Browns GM.
I was giddy as hell when we hired him. I think he will help out immensely in the draft.

But I also find it hilarious that Haslam's mentor as a owner is Robert Kraft.
Considering who he has hired to run the franchise and who was supposedly the #1 candidate as HC. Though we have recently found out that McDaniels was in fact not the front runner.

Gutless Drunk
01-11-2014, 07:42 AM
"So what’s the secret of the Seattle Seahawks?

They cheat.

Not in a Spygate way or with any other secret methods. As explained by Kevin Clark and Jonathan Clegg of the Wall Street Journal, the Seahawks engage in blatant pass interference on a regular basis, accepting that a penalty will be called from time to time but realizing that the officials won’t call it every time.

The Seahawks understand that the officials aren’t inclined to slow the pace of the game to a crawl by throwing flag after flag for interference or defensive holding.

“They look at it and say, ‘We may get called for one but not 10,’” FOX’s Mike Pereira, a former V.P. of officiating, told Clark and Clegg"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/11/gilbride-says-seahawks-have-perfected-the-art-of-pass-interference/

TonyR
01-11-2014, 08:35 AM
^ This isn't really much different than what both Indy and, perhaps to a lesser extent, NE did to us. And they will do again if we face them. It's really not "cheating". It's up to the refs to make the calls. No different than trying to get away with holding, picks on crossing routes, etc.

pricejj
01-11-2014, 09:33 AM
^ This isn't really much different than what both Indy and, perhaps to a lesser extent, NE did to us. And they will do again if we face them. It's really not "cheating". It's up to the refs to make the calls. No different than trying to get away with holding, picks on crossing routes, etc.

The Broncos don't run illegal pick plays. All their contact is designed to occur within 5 yards of the LOS. In contrast, the Patriots run deliberate pick plays down the field, and like the Seahawks, engage in deliberate PI.

Seahawks are one of the most penalized, NE is the least penalized.

Chris
01-11-2014, 09:38 AM
Aint nothing wrong with a little rub ;)

from Shanahan.

pricejj
01-11-2014, 12:59 PM
Aint nothing wrong with a little rub ;)

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3idelY0l61qc1vfso1_r1_500.gif

Eldorado
01-11-2014, 01:13 PM
So, half naked men are ok, but not half naked women?

http://www.funcage.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/I-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore.jpg

Gutless Drunk
01-18-2014, 08:30 AM
Darren Sharper arrested for suspicion of rape

Four years ago, Darren Sharper was approaching the highest of the highs, chasing his first Super Bowl victory. He’s now dealing with the lowest of the lows.

TMZ has reported, and PFT has confirmed, that Sharper faces criminal charges in California for suspicion of rape.

Per TMZ, Sharper is accused of two sexual assaults, one in October 2013 and another in January 2014. He was released on $200,000 bail.

Sharper has been working as an analyst for NFL Network. The league-owned broadcast operation has not responded to an email seeking comment.

Sharper played for the Packers, Vikings, and Saints during his 14-year NFL career.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/18/darren-sharper-arrested-for-suspicion-of-rape/

mennonite
01-18-2014, 08:41 AM
Just looking for a Boston Market.

bronco militia
01-21-2014, 02:02 PM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/lionscon.jpg

http://alternativehero.com/

Rohirrim
01-21-2014, 02:06 PM

That's a cute kitty. Ha!

Kaylore
01-21-2014, 02:16 PM

LOL

SouthStndJunkie
01-22-2014, 06:17 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Former Titans HC Mike Munchak has agreed to become Steelers O-line coach, as @McClain_on_NFL reported.

Broncos_OTM
01-22-2014, 06:19 PM
Man, Eric berry is a humble dude. If he was a bronco he'd be a favorite no doubt

IndelibleScribe
01-22-2014, 10:55 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Former Titans HC Mike Munchak has agreed to become Steelers O-line coach, as @McClain_on_NFL reported.

Their OL is gonna be nasty next year. They may even be able to make Adams get his head out of his ass.

Kaylore
01-23-2014, 12:32 AM
Their OL is gonna be nasty next year. They may even be able to make Adams get his head out of his ass.

Until they get more talent and Big Ben quits waiting for receivers to get as open as he'd prefer, nothing will change.

IndelibleScribe
01-23-2014, 10:11 AM
Until they get more talent and Big Ben quits waiting for receivers to get as open as he'd prefer, nothing will change.

Talent isn't truly the issue.
They have Pouncey,Decastro is coming along nicely,Beachum developed pretty well as the season wore on. Adams has been a disappointment but their line play perked up after they switched to the hurry up offense.

I think it is a developmental problem. Big Ben definitely holds the ball too long but it is not just the talent level.

Rohirrim
01-27-2014, 12:31 PM
Kubes the new OC of the Ratbirds: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/27/ravens-hire-gary-kubiak-as-offensive-coordinator/

:kubiak:

boppool
01-27-2014, 01:04 PM
Man, Eric berry is a humble dude. If he was a bronco he'd be a favorite no doubt

Man, someone needs to pull Jared Allen/Tony Gonzalez to rescue him.

IndelibleScribe
01-27-2014, 02:04 PM
Kubes the new OC of the Ratbirds: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/27/ravens-hire-gary-kubiak-as-offensive-coordinator/

:kubiak:

They really do love former Broncos. Sharpe,Dumervil,Kubiak,Dennison.
Though I doubt Kubes can save Flacco from himself. Of course Boldin saved him a lot before getting traded.

bronco militia
01-27-2014, 02:07 PM
giving fucco a decent running game would turn that team back into contenders

:cuss:

broncosteven
01-27-2014, 02:22 PM
giving fucco a decent running game would turn that team back into contenders

:cuss:

He needs a WR and TE who can bail him out, guys he can chuck it to and come down with the ball.

I don't know if Kubes is the best OC for a guy like Flacco. We will see though.

bronco militia
01-27-2014, 02:23 PM
He needs a WR and TE who can bail him out, guys he can chuck it to and come down with the ball.

I don't know if Kubes is the best OC for a guy like Flacco. We will see though.

check

(isn't that the Ravens offense the last two years?)

broncosteven
01-27-2014, 02:24 PM
They really do love former Broncos. Sharpe,Dumervil,Kubiak,Dennison.
Though I doubt Kubes can save Flacco from himself. Of course Boldin saved him a lot before getting traded.

They took Mannings 3rd down woobie Stokely too.

SouthStndJunkie
01-29-2014, 11:13 AM
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport

Gregg Williams, who was always Jeff Fisher's preferred choice as DC, is expected to replace Tim Walton in St Louis. Sources

Requiem
01-29-2014, 11:22 AM
Gregg Williams is gonna make that defense naaaaaaaaaasty.

SouthStndJunkie
01-30-2014, 10:16 PM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/story/_/id/10380150/st-louis-rams-owner-stan-kroenke-buys-60-acres-land-los-angeles

ST. LOUIS -- According to reports in the Los Angeles Times and the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke, by way of an affiliated holding company, recently purchased a 60-acre tract of land in Inglewood, Calif.

SouthStndJunkie
02-01-2014, 10:35 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10387528/kyle-shanahan-hired-cleveland-browns-offensive-coordinator

Browns to hire Kyle Shanahan as OC

Rohirrim
02-01-2014, 11:05 AM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/story/_/id/10380150/st-louis-rams-owner-stan-kroenke-buys-60-acres-land-los-angeles

ST. LOUIS -- According to reports in the Los Angeles Times and the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke, by way of an affiliated holding company, recently purchased a 60-acre tract of land in Inglewood, Calif.

Not having an NFL team in L.A. is a joke.

IndelibleScribe
02-01-2014, 12:53 PM

St is about to get bent over a barrel. This is pure strategy and a brilliant one at that.

SoCalBronco
02-01-2014, 01:39 PM
Not having an NFL team in L.A. is a joke.

Financially it is....but the fans don't deserve a team.

LA is one of the worst fan bases on the planet.

Rohirrim
02-01-2014, 01:47 PM
Financially it is....but the fans don't deserve a team.

LA is one of the worst fan bases on the planet.

There are a few problems in the market. A lot of transients live in L.A. People are always coming and going. I went to Broncos vs. Raiders games at the Colosseum where you'd see every jersey in the NFL. Also, there is so much to do. In Green Bay, what else do you have? Ice fishing? Pushing over cows? If they build a stadium in the right place, you could make it work. I would put it in Gardena at the juncture of the Harbor, Artesia and San Diego Freeways.

Gutless Drunk
02-01-2014, 03:24 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Green Bay RB Eddie Lacy is Offensive Rookie of the Year.</p>&mdash; Mike Klis (@MikeKlis) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/statuses/429756239749214208">February 1, 2014</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>NY Jets DT Sheldon Richardson is Defensive Rookie of the Year.</p>&mdash; Mike Klis (@MikeKlis) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/statuses/429756316588863488">February 1, 2014</a></blockquote>

Gutless Drunk
02-01-2014, 04:12 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Congratulations HOF Class of 2014: Aeneas Williams, Michael Strahan, Derrick Brooks, Walter Jones, Andre Reed, Ray Guy, Claude Humphrey.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/429769088093921280">February 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

bpc
02-01-2014, 04:17 PM
If Aeneas made it, Champ is a slam-dunk. I almost wish Lynch would have made it this round just so it would heighten Atwater's case.

broncosteven
02-01-2014, 04:18 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Congratulations HOF Class of 2014: Aeneas Williams, Michael Strahan, Derrick Brooks, Walter Jones, Andre Reed, Ray Guy, Claude Humphrey.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/429769088093921280">February 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

Guy deserved it.

Don't like the Juju of Walter Jones getting in, hopefully it is just a consolation prize and not the start of things to come for the Seahags.

cutthemdown
02-01-2014, 04:18 PM
Ray Guy! It's about time.

errand
02-01-2014, 04:22 PM
They took Mannings 3rd down woobie Stokely too.

Foxworth too, if memory serves me right.....

cutthemdown
02-01-2014, 04:24 PM
I always though Atwater would get in sooner rather the later. I mean wasn't he on the all decade team at safety? He had signature plays in big games! He won Superbowls! He was All Pro, he made pro bowls!

errand
02-01-2014, 04:42 PM
In Green Bay, what else do you have? Ice fishing?

...yeah, at your own risk.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VnTBkICWIO8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SouthStndJunkie
02-01-2014, 04:52 PM
Props to Ray Guy....there's no reason the best punters and kickers of all time shouldn't be voted into the Hall of Fame.

SouthStndJunkie
02-01-2014, 05:11 PM
Peyton Manning has won his second Associated Press NFL Offensive Player of the Year award.

The Defensive Player of the Year award went to Luke Kuechly, adding the honor to his top defensive rookie award of 2012.

SouthStndJunkie
02-01-2014, 05:13 PM
NEW YORK -- San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers was announced as the 2013 Associated Press Comeback Player of the Year at Saturday's "NFL Honors."

SouthStndJunkie
02-01-2014, 05:13 PM
I thought you had to come back from something to win that award?

All Philip Rivers did was come back from a ****ty season.

Rohirrim
02-01-2014, 05:54 PM
I thought you had to come back from something to win that award?

All Philip Rivers did was come back from a ****ty season.

LOL

broncosteven
02-01-2014, 06:03 PM
I think it's a foregone conclusion that Champ is not only a slam-dunk, but a slam-dunk for first ballot.

I think he is going to make some plays tomorrow, they may be boring run stuffs or lead to coverage sacks but he will impact the game.

IndelibleScribe
02-01-2014, 06:37 PM
Ok, I did not see Williams getting in that soon. Not that he wasn't a very good player.
Woodson and Bailey will be first ballot for sure.

Guy should have been in. He was the GOAT at his position and that it took the senior committee to get him in is nonsense.

SouthStndJunkie
02-01-2014, 11:51 PM
NEW YORK -- Carolina Panthers coach Ron Rivera was announced as the 2013 Associated Press Coach of the Year at Saturday's "NFL Honors" awards ceremony.

BroncoBuff
02-03-2014, 07:40 PM
Browns hire Kyle Shanahan as OC ... he wants to bring Kirk Cousins with him.

broncosteven
02-03-2014, 07:42 PM
Browns hire Kyle Shanahan as OC ... he wants to bring Kirk Cousins with him.

Smart move by both Browns and Shanny 2.0

TonyR
02-08-2014, 02:46 PM
Quote from Aaron Rodgers about Seattle's defense:

Asked two days after the Super Bowl if his team should aspire to put together a defense like Seattle’s, Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers was effusive in his praise. “Well, with all due respect, I don’t think it’s possible to play at that level for many other teams in this league. If any,” he said. “That’s a talented group that’s one of the best that’s been around the league for a long time. I don’t think that should be our goal. We need to improve on both sides of the ball, but that team has a unique mixture of secondary talent that’s as good a group in the league as you’re going to see, and a front seven that really plays well together.” http://nfl.si.com/2014/02/07/seattle-seahawks-super-bowl-defense/

go_broncos
02-08-2014, 02:49 PM
Quote from Aaron Rodgers about Seattle's defense:

http://nfl.si.com/2014/02/07/seattle-seahawks-super-bowl-defense/

SEA defense struggle against mobile QB's,

SouthStndJunkie
02-08-2014, 03:01 PM
INDIANAPOLIS -- The Indianapolis Colts hired former Cleveland Browns head coach Rob Chudzinski to be Chuck Pagano's special assistant on Saturday.

DenverBound
02-08-2014, 03:18 PM
INDIANAPOLIS -- The Indianapolis Colts hired former Cleveland Browns head coach Rob Chudzinski to be Chuck Pagano's special assistant on Saturday.

Wow. That's a good hire.

SouthStndJunkie
02-08-2014, 03:20 PM
Good deal for Chud too....he's still getting paid like a head coach from the Browns and he'll be going to a winning team that will help make him look good and help rebuild his reputation.

Dude got the shaft from the Browns.

bpc
02-08-2014, 03:35 PM
I'd like Denver to offer Shanny the same deal and be our run game advisor.

DENVERDUI55
02-08-2014, 03:54 PM
SEA defense struggle against mobile QB's,

BS they freaking own Kaepernick.

go_broncos
02-08-2014, 04:02 PM

that's one of the team that got close to winning against SEA in playoffs..

Luck destroyed SEA..when i said, mobile..you need to move around the pocket and if needed run.

Manning can't do those..that's why we struggled.

IndelibleScribe
02-08-2014, 04:03 PM

Kaep is barely a QB. He's a athlete with a big arm but between the ears he's no true QB.

broncosteven
02-08-2014, 04:24 PM
Kaep is barely a QB. He's a athlete with a big arm but between the ears he's no true QB.

Yep, he is marginally better at Tebow, when I say that I mean he is better than Tebow at both running and passing. Timmy never had the patience to set his feet then look down field and try to guide the D away from where he wants to run. This is something both Wilson and Choclate Tebow do better. Plus Kap has a better throwing motion but his accuracy isn't top level yet, he could improve, this will be the year though.

go_broncos
02-08-2014, 04:28 PM

Also..QB's like Kaep has better chance of winning against SEA defense than pocket QB's.

Luck will have even better chance as he is mobile and also better passing QB than Kaep.

DENVERDUI55
02-08-2014, 04:31 PM
Also..QB's like Kaep has better chance of winning against SEA defense than pocket QB's.

Luck will have even better chance as he is mobile and also better passing QB than Kaep.

Well how many teams get a shot to get a QB like Luck? Elway then Luck was the next one to fit that bill. Guess what Luck gives everyteam trouble. Kaep doesn't give you a better shot than a legit pocket QB. Why don't you look up what he has done against Seattle in his career.

DENVERDUI55
02-08-2014, 04:33 PM
Manning can't do those..that's why we struggled.

Yeah that is why Denver lost. Never mind the terrible pass blocking, kickoff coverage and the D never forced a punt until the 4th quarter. We all know you hate Manning and wanted him cut last year after about game number 2.

peacepipe
02-08-2014, 04:37 PM
Yeah that is why Denver lost. Never mind the terrible pass blocking, kickoff coverage and the D never forced a punt until the 4th quarter. We all know you hate Manning and wanted him cut last year after about game number 2.
What he wants is to wake up in the morning with tebow lying next to him. It's what it's about,he's still hurts over tebow being a bust.

peacepipe
02-08-2014, 04:40 PM

Kaep isn't all that special. What the 49ers have is a great defense & running game

go_broncos
02-08-2014, 04:45 PM
What he wants is to wake up in the morning with tebow lying next to him. It's what it's about,he's still hurts over tebow being a bust.

I moved on from Tebow long time back. I was a bronco fan before Tebow.
Just don't believe whatever he says.
He just tries to argue with everything i say..It's like i stole something from him.

DENVERDUI55
02-08-2014, 05:01 PM
He just tries to argue with everything i say..It's like i stole something from him.

There definately isn't a shortage of dumb **** you say. From Cut Manning he sucks after game 2 of last year to Why is Moreno our RB I would rather have Hillis. Cut Von now we can win with him. F you FOX! NFL is rigged! F you MCD! F you SHanny! I could go on and on with your drivel.

IndelibleScribe
02-08-2014, 05:22 PM
Yep, he is marginally better at Tebow, when I say that I mean he is better than Tebow at both running and passing. Timmy never had the patience to set his feet then look down field and try to guide the D away from where he wants to run. This is something both Wilson and Choclate Tebow do better. Plus Kap has a better throwing motion but his accuracy isn't top level yet, he could improve, this will be the year though.

Tebow's issues were all around, mental, physical, mechanical.
Tim only knew how to play like he did in HS and at Florida. He never got out of that because he did it for so long and had so much success that he fell behind the curve and couldn't reset himself.

Kaep is mostly all mental. He has all the physical tools, the mechanics at times and potential to be very good.
But people severely overrate him. He is not a really good QB but his other abilities allow him to make up for his lack of QB skills.
That's not a bad thing as a whole but when a game is in the balance his flaws show up big time.
Issues with reads, touch passes, getting the offense in gear.
He is a fiery guy and his teammates respect the hell out of him, but he is not the offensive commander he needs to be as a QB.

extralife
02-08-2014, 05:28 PM
people insist Kaepernick sucks because he can't read defenses like Peyton Manning after one season as an NFL starter.

he has the strongest arm in the NFL, he's calm under pressure, he's won more games in the last two years than anyone but Wilson and Peyton, and he's already the second best running QB in the history of the NFL. not good enough. (because he has tattoos)

broncosteven
02-08-2014, 07:04 PM
Tebow's issues were all around, mental, physical, mechanical.
Tim only knew how to play like he did in HS and at Florida. He never got out of that because he did it for so long and had so much success that he fell behind the curve and couldn't reset himself.

Kaep is mostly all mental. He has all the physical tools, the mechanics at times and potential to be very good.
But people severely overrate him. He is not a really good QB but his other abilities allow him to make up for his lack of QB skills.
That's not a bad thing as a whole but when a game is in the balance his flaws show up big time.
Issues with reads, touch passes, getting the offense in gear.
He is a fiery guy and his teammates respect the hell out of him, but he is not the offensive commander he needs to be as a QB.

I agree with this

IndelibleScribe
02-08-2014, 07:39 PM
people insist Kaepernick sucks because he can't read defenses like Peyton Manning after one season as an NFL starter.

he has the strongest arm in the NFL, he's calm under pressure, he's won more games in the last two years than anyone but Wilson and Peyton, and he's already the second best running QB in the history of the NFL. not good enough. (because he has tattoos)

Umm no, no one is saying he sucks. Everyone is saying he is not a great QB.
He is a one read and scramble QB with no ability to throw touch passes.
He does the same things that Cutler and Favre did that drive you nuts but he makes plays with his feet to make up for it at times.

He is a great athlete, but he is a average QB who can overcome those issues at times with his legs.
No one expects him to be Peyton Manning. But he does have a lot to improve upon and being the starter for 1-2 years is not a legit excuse.

extralife
02-08-2014, 07:57 PM
of course being a one year starter is a legitimate excuse. peyton threw 26 picks his rookie year. no young QB is carving up the entire field. his career interception rate is 1.7. cutler's is double. he can make throws, like the TD in the NFC Championship Game, that no one else in the NFL can make (except maybe Aaron Rodgers).

IndelibleScribe
02-08-2014, 09:37 PM
of course being a one year starter is a legitimate excuse. peyton threw 26 picks his rookie year. no young QB is carving up the entire field. his career interception rate is 1.7. cutler's is double. he can make throws, like the TD in the NFC Championship Game, that no one else in the NFL can make (except maybe Aaron Rodgers).

Throwing picks because you try to make a play is one thing. Actually missing reads on a consistent basis and having to scramble to make up for it is a completely separate issue.

Kaep doesn't process reads well at all. You can see where he normally goes through one read and then starts scrambling or panicking in the pocket.
Rarely do you ever see him stand in there and scan the field.
He throws the ball into tight coverage because he doesn't look anywhere else. Vernon Davis is wide open many times on the field and he instead forces a throw into Crabtree or Boldin unless he pulls it down and runs.

There is a reason Dilfer was all over him about being bad at progressions and reads.
Cutler and Favre did it because they literally think that they can make any throw and will attempt to do so. But both could still do touch passing.
Kaep just slings it and hopes for the best. Which is fine at times when you have his arm.

Now in terms of arm strength I don't know why you keep saying Kaep's arm is so strong. Rodgers,Cutler,Flacco,Stafford,Vick,Big Ben and Cam all have wicked arm strength. It's not as if he is in a class by himself.

extralife
02-08-2014, 09:56 PM
his arm strength is in a class by itself

I never said he was an expert at scanning the field. I said you shouldn't expect him to be. and of course he's going to look to run a lot of the time. his running is a vital part of the SF offense. he's the best in the NFL at it. people like to pretend running is some sort of weakness until they watch someone bust a 60 yard run. the media would just as soon eliminate QB running and stick everyone in the pocket, but Colin Kaepernick doesn't have to listen to the media, he has to listen to his coaches. and I'm pretty sure they're not telling him to make 4 reads before he runs. can he get better at reading the field? of course. but that progress is naturally going to be slower in a guy that has seen his legs win playoff games. and it should be.

guys with his arm strength also take longer to develop progression ability because that's how the position works. you say HOW DO YOU MAKE THAT THROW TO X WHEN Y IS WIDE OPEN!?!!? but that's not how playing quarterback works. if you see X and you think he is open enough for you to complete the pass, then you throw it. you don't get to give yourself a mental "maybe" and then look everywhere else.

and it's not like he's completely incapable of standing in the pocket and throwing. look at the tape from the Atlanta game and the super bowl. look at the regular season game against the Packers this year.

broncocalijohn
02-08-2014, 11:08 PM
I moved on from Tebow long time back. I was a bronco fan before Tebow.
Just don't believe whatever he says.

You did steal something from him. Time he will never get back from reading some of the absolute garbage you put out.

SoCalBronco
02-08-2014, 11:40 PM
I'd like Denver to offer Shanny the same deal and be appointed God of both the Broncos and the color orange

http://www.everyjoe.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/knowshon-moreno-crying-tears.gif

Beautiful post, man.

TonyR
02-09-2014, 08:45 AM
Luck destroyed SEA...

Your post reminded me of this that I read yesterday:

At the end of that drive, with 3:36 remaining in the first half, Manning threw the interception that linebacker and eventual Super Bowl MVP Malcolm Smith returned for a 69-yard touchdown. The Broncos went trips left to break up Seattle’s coverage, and it would have worked had defensive end Cliff Avril not disrupted Manning’s throw with his pass rush, causing Manning to throw a duck to running back Knowshon Moreno that Smith easily jumped. Throughout the game, Denver ran picks underneath, but Manning didn’t exploit the advantages he should have gained by picking apart the Seahawks’ coverage against bunched and grouped formations. In its Week 5 loss to the Colts, Seattle was vexed by Andrew Luck’s ability to drive the ball to his receivers out of trips and bunch. It was ironic (and probably stinging) that Manning’s successor in Indy had that on lock, while Manning did not. http://nfl.si.com/2014/02/07/seattle-seahawks-super-bowl-defense/

go_broncos
02-09-2014, 09:09 AM
Your post reminded me of this that I read yesterday:

http://nfl.si.com/2014/02/07/seattle-seahawks-super-bowl-defense/

SEA players acknowledged that they struggle with Mobile QB's.They match up very well with our offense..the same goes with SF..
The best chance for us to win SB next year is to face teams like SEA, GB

IndelibleScribe
02-09-2014, 05:34 PM
his arm strength is in a class by itself

I never said he was an expert at scanning the field. I said you shouldn't expect him to be. and of course he's going to look to run a lot of the time. his running is a vital part of the SF offense. he's the best in the NFL at it. people like to pretend running is some sort of weakness until they watch someone bust a 60 yard run. the media would just as soon eliminate QB running and stick everyone in the pocket, but Colin Kaepernick doesn't have to listen to the media, he has to listen to his coaches. and I'm pretty sure they're not telling him to make 4 reads before he runs. can he get better at reading the field? of course. but that progress is naturally going to be slower in a guy that has seen his legs win playoff games. and it should be.

guys with his arm strength also take longer to develop progression ability because that's how the position works. you say HOW DO YOU MAKE THAT THROW TO X WHEN Y IS WIDE OPEN!?!!? but that's not how playing quarterback works. if you see X and you think he is open enough for you to complete the pass, then you throw it. you don't get to give yourself a mental "maybe" and then look everywhere else.

and it's not like he's completely incapable of standing in the pocket and throwing. look at the tape from the Atlanta game and the super bowl. look at the regular season game against the Packers this year.

His arm strength is nowhere near in a class by itself. It's Barely top 5. A class by itself would infer that it was one of a kind and unique. It is not.

Best at what? Wilson,Vick and RGIII are far more dangerous as a runner than Kaep.
Kaep is just bigger, no doubt he is dangerous when allowed to roam free but he is far from the best.

But that's just it. If he can't run he is a below average QB and he struggled mightily early on in the year when teams dared him to beat them with only his arm and took away the read option.
He is pedestrian when he has to be a pocket QB.

There is a reason why they make QB's go through their reads and teach them how to go through progressions. It's not "See the first guy and lock on regardless."
Open enough? The WR is either open or you have to throw him open.
There is no excuse in the world why you can't make at least 2 solid reads and look off the D before trying to throw.
A 5 step drop is long enough to do that and they run a lot of gun and pistol formation so he can see the field.

So you're saying that the only time Kaep can play a good pocket game is against rookie DB's and piss poor secondaries who can't force him to make reads?

Kaep is a very good athlete, he has a strong arm, he is not a great QB.
Nothing about him is in a class by itself.

DENVERDUI55
02-09-2014, 05:40 PM
SEA players acknowledged that they struggle with Mobile QB's.They match up very well with our offense..the same goes with SF..
The best chance for us to win SB next year is to face teams like SEA, GB

WTF are you saying? You couldn't pick 2 different teams than GB or Seattle. What mobile QB has seattle struggled against? Yes they lost to the COLTS on the road and Luck can make every team struggle. Name another one please.

SouthStndJunkie
02-09-2014, 05:44 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/09/two-members-of-congress-writing-letter-to-goodell-urging-redskins-name-change/

Two members of Congress write letter to Goodell urging Redskins name change

SouthStndJunkie
02-09-2014, 05:45 PM
It pisses me off when members of Congress feel the need to get involved in sports related issues.

Anything to make a headline for themselves instead of tackling the laundry list of issues they are getting paid to address.

IndelibleScribe
02-13-2014, 01:41 PM
OK, I know we were all poking fun at Lombardi being a Patriots slappy.
Now he is about to join the organization.
Lombardi to the Pats (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000325574/article/michael-lombardi-in-talks-to-join-new-england-patriots)

oubronco
02-13-2014, 06:17 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD style="PADDING-TOP: 15px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px" vAlign=top width=150>[/URL]</TD> <TD style="PADDING-TOP: 15px" vAlign=top width=290>[URL="http://b.bm324.com/public/?q=ulink&fn=Link&ssid=10573&id=goo772ctafx0jx6c8zesh2mckt0sb&id2=89ec3xfz4o8vgaub2uiudwdodwnko&subscriber_id=bxjxvysfpjynctexhjvxdpwyxibubae&delivery_id=aukxwdysbwekxkavjatubyfnkelgbpg&tid=3.KU0.BZh5QQ.DeXU.T-bD..lu9P.b..l.Aprx.n.Uv0rkQ.Uv0rkQ.vOpYAg"]Bennett Won't Take Discount to Stay in Seattle: 'This Isn't Costco' (http://b.bm324.com/public/?q=ulink&fn=Link&ssid=10573&id=goo772ctafx0jx6c8zesh2mckt0sb&id2=cygdovdkkgzc7ttp4fw91ccydie7s&subscriber_id=bxjxvysfpjynctexhjvxdpwyxibubae&delivery_id=aukxwdysbwekxkavjatubyfnkelgbpg&tid=3.KU0.BZh5QQ.DeXU.T-bD..lu9P.b..l.Aprx.n.Uv0rkQ.Uv0rkQ.vOpYAg)
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

IndelibleScribe
02-13-2014, 07:07 PM
Yeah he said that on NFL network. Which is his right. But Seattle is not hurting for DL.

broncosteven
02-13-2014, 09:15 PM
Yeah he said that on NFL network. Which is his right. But Seattle is not hurting for DL.

Someone said he wants to play with his brother in Chi-Town.

It might not cripple Seattles DL but it will make them have to take another chance on a new guy rather than locking up a known commodity and staying consistent.

All it should take is a couple chinks in the armor then a couple mistakes in FA/Draft then suddenly a Dominant D becomes only kFc type Dominant.

IndelibleScribe
02-13-2014, 10:08 PM
Someone said he wants to play with his brother in Chi-Town.

It might not cripple Seattles DL but it will make them have to take another chance on a new guy rather than locking up a known commodity and staying consistent.

All it should take is a couple chinks in the armor then a couple mistakes in FA/Draft then suddenly a Dominant D becomes only kFc type Dominant.

WR is about the only thing the Seahawks screw up in the draft. They have drafted only Irvin in the top 2 rounds as a DL in the Carroll era.

crush17
02-14-2014, 01:04 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1960541-darren-sharper-charged-with-2-counts-of-rape?hpt=hp_t2

Hide ya kids, hide ya wife, cuz Darren Sharper is rapin' errrbody

oubronco
02-14-2014, 04:15 PM
Did they crap in the basement

IndelibleScribe
02-14-2014, 06:09 PM
now hold there a minute were you not the one who was just defending Martin in the other thread....so what are you saying if the shoe fits...

I was being completely sarcastic, similar to the hide your kids comment.
If I was serious I would have likely said something far different.

IndelibleScribe
02-14-2014, 06:21 PM
wasn't my kids comment ... still if the shoe fits

I didn't say "Your comment" I said the hide your kids comment.
Hence why I quoted that post and replied to it.

JCMElway
02-15-2014, 10:25 AM
Folks, we're starting to go off the rails a bit here as far as decency goes. I cleaned up a couple of posts; please keep the vulgar language and imagery off the mane.

Thanks, this is a Mod directive.

IndelibleScribe
02-15-2014, 11:25 AM
what it boils down to is you got all bent out of shape at the people having their opinions which they are entitled to have...that's what makes the world go around...and then you say something as sarcastic or to me just plain bs in another thread about something far more serious situation. and yet you take a serious stance against others on their opinions...

The two scenarios being completely different notwithstanding.
The sarcastic comment was in line with the original poster's comment.
Sharper's situation is unresolved and far from being officially proven.
Sharper's ignorance or innocent will be brought to the light, but that is a criminal matter for the courts to judge.
The other thing was a comment on workplace environment and etiquette.
Wells' report makes it plainly clear that there was abhorrent behavior that took place in the workplace and that a superior knew about the issues and let it happen as a manner of toughening up a employee.
Which the posters in that thread forgot about. You cannot treat a job as a do whatever you want scenario and blow it off as boys being boys.

My stance was about workplace behavior. There are rules that govern it in all business and corporate structures.
One place being the NFL vs say Google changes nothing. You have to respect your co-workers, this did not take place in the Incognito situation.

I merely strongly disagreed with others opinion on the manner in which a fellow co-worker can expect to be treated in a athlete environment because of their previous experiences playing in HS or college.
Those experiences are not in a employment situation. Therefor they do not apply to the NFL as it in and of itself is a corporation that has rules of conduct in place to prevent this sort of thing.

I have no issues with people having differing opinions on subjects. You make your point, I make mine and sometimes in that dialogue it will allow for people to gain some insight into the logic, philosophy and inter workings of each other.

Beantown Bronco
02-15-2014, 12:26 PM
please keep the vulgar imagery off the mane.

Better delete the "post your pic" thread. :)

gunns
02-15-2014, 10:00 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1960541-darren-sharper-charged-with-2-counts-of-rape?hpt=hp_t2

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/darren-sharper-charged-with-rape-in-california1-021414

I hadn't heard anything about this. Seems like I just saw him commentating. But then again I haven't watched anything football related for 2 weeks.

Wes Mantooth
02-16-2014, 07:48 AM

I really believe the reference was lost on the responders. Possibly one of the all time funniest moments on the Internet.

SouthStndJunkie
02-16-2014, 10:59 AM
I don't understand why a guy like that (or any guy) would drug and rape chicks like that, as I'm sure he could pull tail pretty much every night he went out.

I guess he got off on it and enjoyed that more than picking chicks up and having sex with them while they are not drugged and aware of what's going on.

The thought of drugging and having sex with a passed out, incoherent chick would not give me one shard of sexual satisfaction. Same deal with having sex with a drunk passed out chick.

It's no fun at all for me unless the chick is into it and wants to have sex....undressing a drugged and incoherent chick and ****ing her while she just lays there drooling wouldn't give me any sexual satisfaction at all. I'm guessing the people that do that get off on the control aspect more than the actual sex itself.

Don't get me wrong....getting some drinks or some drugs (that are willingly taken) and loosening up inhibitions has been getting dudes and chicks laid since the first alcoholic drink was invented. There's nothing wrong with that....and will generally make a lot of people do things they'd normally never do.

But once a drunk chick passed out, it was always game over, as I had no interest at that point....and you'd be asking to be accused of rape. There's a fine line when a chick gets sloppy drunk between consensual drunken sex and non-consensual sex and there are plenty of dummies sitting in jail right now because they crossed the line or the chick sobered up and had slut regrets or interpreted the situation differently and cried rape when she was still somewhat cognizant of her decisions and the dude got railroaded or the dude actually did cross the line and raped the chick when she was passed out.

Darren Sharper's situation is completely different....he wasn't trying to **** drunk chicks, dude got off on drugging them and ****ing them.

The scary thing is, those are just the reported incidents, I'm 100% sure there were a lot more that weren't reported or the chick woke up and didn't say anything to anyone, as she wasn't really sure what happened and were too embarrassed to report it.

You watch....I'll bet you Darren Sharper's lawyers will try and say that all the head trauma he took during his NFL career was to blame for making him do these things. That's the defense I'd be thinking about if I were his legal team. "The brain got hit, you got to acquit!"

Tombstone RJ
02-16-2014, 11:48 AM
then again, he is innocent until proven guilty... but yah, why even put yourself in that kind of a situation? Even if he's innocent, the crap he's going through now because of some stupid decisions is really baffling.

pricejj
02-16-2014, 02:12 PM
The crazy thing is, Sharper already had most of the women in his hotel room before he drugged them. The foreplay must have been too much to bear.

SouthStndJunkie
02-16-2014, 02:15 PM
then again, he is innocent until proven guilty... but yah, why even put yourself in that kind of a situation? Even if he's innocent, the crap he's going through now because of some stupid decisions is really baffling.

That's true....innocent until proven guilty.

I'd be more likely to give Sharper the benefit of the doubt before I saw all the facts, but the amount of incidents with the same exact methods he's being accused of doesn't make it look like a few isolated he said/she said incidents.

crush17
02-18-2014, 02:27 PM
Redskins re-sign DeAngelo Hall

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000326440/article/deangelo-hall-redskins-agree-to-fouryear-contract

5 mil/yr

IndelibleScribe
02-18-2014, 03:11 PM
I really believe the reference was lost on the responders. Possibly one of the all time funniest moments on the Internet.

Oh it wasn't lost. That was pure ignorance at it's finest.
That is up there with "Struttin' that ass." and "Whoop your own ass."

Sharper is a idiot for putting himself in that situation. It makes no sense whatsoever to do that. I know the ego plays a part but why even go there?
If one refuses you can simply find 10 others who will do so gladly.

Hall re-signing for 5 mil per gives us a idea of where the CB market might value certain guys at certain ages.
He's 30 so we might see some value deals for guys at DB. Talib and DRC are likely the highest paid CB's.

Requiem
02-18-2014, 03:22 PM
Hopefully we kick the tires at Captain Munnerlyn.

errand
02-18-2014, 06:07 PM

He has a cool name.... he'd be a good addition in my opinion

BroncosfanGuy
02-18-2014, 06:08 PM

i agree. i've liked him since his days at South Carolina

cutthemdown
02-18-2014, 07:09 PM
People who think assaulting and raping women is about how well you can pick up chicks without raping them aren't understanding rape.

It's as stupid as saying i don't need hookers, i get it for free. That assumes people who use prostitutes don't get sex for free, which is not true.

IndelibleScribe
02-18-2014, 07:27 PM
People who think assaulting and raping women is about how well you can pick up chicks without raping them aren't understanding rape.

It's as stupid as saying i don't need hookers, i get it for free. That assumes people who use prostitutes don't get sex for free, which is not true.

It's not about understanding it. The point is that he didn't have to do it.
He's a pretty good looking man, he's a former pro athlete and obviously for him to get those girls to come back to his room a charmer and ladies man.

If they say no, ok it bruises his ego a bit. But what one will not many others will.
There are hot women everywhere. If one says no, then find someone else.
It is beyond ignorant to rape a woman, whatever power you get from the supposed "domination" will end if you get caught. Mostly because you will then find yourself on the losing end of that "dominance".

cutthemdown
02-18-2014, 09:40 PM
How good looking you are has nothing to do with being a raping POS. That is exactly what i am talking about. I recently played a gig at a music convention. Talked about 10 women into coming to our room party. Does that mean they all wanted to ****? hell I wish lol, but no it isn't what it meant.

Powderaddict
02-19-2014, 10:44 AM
Wow.

Ray Rice on security cameras dragging his unconscious fiancee out of an elevator:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/19/report-surveillance-video-shows-ray-rice-dragging-fiancee-out-of-elevator/

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-19-2014, 10:52 AM
How good looking you are has nothing to do with being a raping POS. That is exactly what i am talking about. I recently played a gig at a music convention. Talked about 10 women into coming to our room party. Does that mean they all wanted to ****? hell I wish lol, but no it isn't what it meant.

G6 would've had those ladies on all fours with his shoe game.

Gotta close the deal!

SouthStndJunkie
02-19-2014, 11:40 AM
Wow.

Ray Rice on security cameras dragging his unconscious fiancee out of an elevator:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/19/report-surveillance-video-shows-ray-rice-dragging-fiancee-out-of-elevator/

"Hey dumbass, next time take the stairs!" - Lawrence Phillips

bronco militia
02-19-2014, 11:42 AM
Nebraska in da house!

IndelibleScribe
02-19-2014, 02:34 PM

Once again, we know this. The point is that you shouldn't have to. Not that they don't.

oubronco
02-21-2014, 03:05 PM
Browns reportedly nearly traded for Jim Harbaugh; 49ers deny (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000327604/article/report-49ers-almost-traded-jim-harbaugh-to-browns)

Trades involving coaches are rare in the NFL, but a new report says the Cleveland Browns came close to acquiring the San Francisco 49ers' Jim Harbaugh as their head coach.

Multiple league sources have told ProFootballTalk that the Cleveland Browns nearly pulled off a trade for Harbaugh that would have sent multiple draft picks to San Francisco.

I've never heard of a team trading a coach

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-21-2014, 03:07 PM
Browns reportedly nearly traded for Jim Harbaugh; 49ers deny (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000327604/article/report-49ers-almost-traded-jim-harbaugh-to-browns)

Trades involving coaches are rare in the NFL, but a new report says the Cleveland Browns came close to acquiring the San Francisco 49ers' Jim Harbaugh as their head coach.

Didnt John Gruden get traded?

Traded for 2 1st round picks and 2 2nd round picks! 4 ****ing high end picks.

oubronco
02-21-2014, 03:09 PM
Didnt John Gruden get traded?

Don't know sounds bizarre

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-21-2014, 03:10 PM
Don't know sounds bizarre

http://www.sbreport.net/the-raiders-research-project/roster-minutiae/raiders-trades

Amazing. Ha! That one 1st rounder ended up being the last pick in that round.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-21-2014, 03:12 PM

Multiple league sources have told ProFootballTalk that the Cleveland Browns nearly pulled off a trade for Harbaugh that would have sent multiple draft picks to San Francisco.

Didnt the chiefs trade for Herm Edwards?

oubronco
02-21-2014, 03:12 PM
Wow anyone want Fox for that ransom?

oubronco
02-21-2014, 03:14 PM
Guess it's not so uncommon

The last time an NFL team traded their head coach was in 2002, when Oakland Raiders (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/teams/oakland-raiders/index.html) head coach Jon Gruden was traded to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/teams/tampa-bay-buccaneers/index.html) for two first-round draft picks, two second-round draft picks, and $8 million in cash.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCgQqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftracking.si.com%2F2014%2F02%2F21% 2Fbrowns-nearly-traded-for-49ers-coach-jim-harbaugh%2F&ei=hN0HU42MAaSwyQGiqYDYCQ&usg=AFQjCNHiXHJERK4xW-gOkbdIONC8vQw66w

SonOfLe-loLang
02-21-2014, 03:15 PM
Guess it's not so uncommon

The last time an NFL team traded their head coach was in 2002, when Oakland Raiders (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/teams/oakland-raiders/index.html) head coach Jon Gruden was traded to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/teams/tampa-bay-buccaneers/index.html) for two first-round draft picks, two second-round draft picks, and $8 million in cash.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCgQqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftracking.si.com%2F2014%2F02%2F21% 2Fbrowns-nearly-traded-for-49ers-coach-jim-harbaugh%2F&ei=hN0HU42MAaSwyQGiqYDYCQ&usg=AFQjCNHiXHJERK4xW-gOkbdIONC8vQw66w

Not true!

Following the 2005 season, Carl Peterson (president of the Kansas City Chiefs) hinted to the press about interest in hiring Edwards that could have been considered tampering. The Jets granted permission to the Chiefs to speak with Edwards.[5] At the time, Edwards had two years remaining on his contract with the Jets. However, Peterson wanted Edwards (a longtime personal acquaintance) to succeed head coach Dick Vermeil, who had just retired. As the rumors started swirling, a war of words between the two teams began to start up in the media. In the midst of all the speculation, Edwards tried to use what leverage he thought he had with the Jets to get a contract extension and hefty pay raise from the Jets, which only served to further anger the club's owner. Eventually, the two teams worked out a deal, and the Chiefs sent the Jets a 4th round pick in the 2006 NFL Draft as compensation (the Jets later used this selection to take Leon Washington).[6]

IndelibleScribe
02-21-2014, 03:26 PM

Parcells, Belichick, Gruden & Edwards were all traded for draft pick compensation.
The thing that intrigues me is the rumors of Harbaugh and Baalke do not like each other. This seems to indicate it might be true since Harbaugh's wife wanted to stay on the west coast when he was considering the Michigan job.

bowtown
02-21-2014, 09:17 PM
I thought they banned this after Edwards.

IndelibleScribe
02-21-2014, 09:33 PM
I thought they banned this after Edwards.

Well, it was "banned" after Gruden so to speak but the commish can always sign off on it. Gruden is the only guy who was outright traded. The others were allowed to be hired after the league "mediated" draft pick compensation.

TonyR
02-22-2014, 08:43 AM
The thing that intrigues me is the rumors of Harbaugh and Baalke do not like each other.

Yup, this is the bigger story here. One of the top 2-3 teams in the league and there's clearly some inner turmoil which could derail the whole thing.

TonyR
02-24-2014, 06:04 AM
Apparently if/when Harbaugh and the Niners part ways the Raiders and Chargers are mentioned as potential landing spots. Frightening thought. But, can't see McCoy going anywhere in SD, and can't see Harbaugh settling for the Raiders job when plenty others would open their doors to him should he become available.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2014/02/22/how-did-the-49ersharbaugh-almost-but-not-really-to-cleveland-scenario-happen-my-most-plausible-8-step-thesis-and-what-it-means/

IndelibleScribe
02-24-2014, 10:31 AM
Clowney and Watt on the same team is going to be sick.

Clowney,Watt,Mercilus,Cushing and Reed.
If you can't win with that... Something is seriously wrong.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-24-2014, 10:34 AM
ESPN reported it would be Clevand ....

His wife doesn't want to leave Cali.

If the raiders throw ridiculous money at him I don't think he'd have a problem crossing the bay bridge.

TonyR
02-24-2014, 10:34 AM
Clowney,Watt,Mercilus,Cushing and Reed.

Except that Cushing can't stay healthy...