PDA

View Full Version : Around The NFL:

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76

broncosteven
05-05-2013, 06:43 PM
Moreno has blown out his knee twice now on 207 touches. He can't be counted on as a back up. Williams is better then at this point in their careers. There is no team left where Williams would be a clear cut starter, at least in Denver he is with a coach he knows and the primary vet back up on a team that could use him.

Other teams know what we have in KM so there is no trade value for us, if there was any it might have been there last year. Unless someone desperate calls for KM I am guessing he spends as many games inactive as he does active like last year.

DBroncos4life
05-05-2013, 06:47 PM
Other teams know what we have in KM so there is no trade value for us, if there was any it might have been there last year. Unless someone desperate calls for KM I am guessing he spends as many games inactive as he does active like last year.

Cut him. He isn't worth keeping around period.

broncosteven
05-05-2013, 06:52 PM
Cut him. He isn't worth keeping around period.

He gave us a couple good games in relief last year. I hope we don't need it now with a young MONEYBall to tote the rock. Still his contract ends after this season so might as well pay him not to dress and then let him try to get kFc to sign him next year.

DBroncos4life
05-05-2013, 07:02 PM
He gave us a couple good games in relief last year. I hope we don't need it now with a young MONEYBall to tote the rock. Still his contract ends after this season so might as well pay him not to dress and then let him try to get kFc to sign him next year.

That was before his latest knee problems. I was wrong on the total of touches between knee surgeries. It was only 159 touches and he needed more work to his knee. We can't count on him period. I don't know why you want to keep this turd around when there are better uses of our roster space.

broncosteven
05-05-2013, 08:26 PM
That was before his latest knee problems. I was wrong on the total of touches between knee surgeries. It was only 159 touches and he needed more work to his knee. We can't count on him period. I don't know why you want to keep this turd around when there are better uses of our roster space.

I can't believe that I am defending KM after relentless bashing since his rookie year. I would love to see JJ beat him out of a job but I think the staff knows what he gives them and if he can hang on to a job and sit inactive until needed then fine.

I would not morn the day he was cut believe me!

DBroncos4life
05-07-2013, 02:17 PM
Director of player personnel Matt Russell says the Broncos liked Alabama RB Eddie Lacy, but "backed off" due to concerns about his 2012 toe injury and "how many years he could play."
Lacy was popularly mocked to the Broncos, but they ended up selecting Wisconsin's Montee Ball before the Packers scooped him at No. 61. Viewed as the No. 1 running back for a majority of the pre-draft process, it's clear teams took Lacy's 2012 toe/foot operation much more seriously than draftniks. Regardless, Lacy claims he's now 100 percent healthy, and should be motivated by his draft tumble. He's landed in an excellent spot.

Broncos executive VP John Elway compares Montee Ball's running style to Terrell Davis'.
"Obviously, that got us real excited," Elway said on a conference call with season-ticket holders. Davis, not coincidentally, is who Ball says he modeled his game after. The former MVP and 2,000-yard club member is a good role model for a running back, but the Broncos have to hope Ball's career trajectory takes a different path than Davis', who carried the ball just 312 times after his age-26 season. It's a legitimate concern that Ball's 983 college touches will lead to a short NFL career.

The Broncos are "confident" they'll reach a long-term agreement with unsigned franchise player LT Ryan Clady.
"We want him here," director of player personnel Matt Russell said. Recovering from shoulder surgery, Clady has yet to sign his one-year, $9.828 million tender. The sides have until July 15 to hammer out a long-term pact.

Executive VP John Elway confirms Robert Ayers will be the Broncos' starting right end.
With the Broncos out of the mix for Dwight Freeney and John Abraham, Ayers will slide into Elvis Dumervil's old spot after Shaun Phillips was signed to be a nickel rusher. Ayers should cede snaps to Phillips on passing downs

IndelibleScribe
05-07-2013, 02:42 PM
basically confirms a lot of what we already suspected or semi knew.

DBroncos4life
05-07-2013, 03:18 PM
basically confirms a lot of what we already suspected or semi knew.

It's a slow week ;D

IndelibleScribe
05-07-2013, 03:54 PM
It's a slow week ;D

oh i'm not complaining. i actually like when things are officially confirmed.
it leads to informed discussion instead of wild speculation.

DBroncos4life
05-07-2013, 11:04 PM
Titus Young - WR - Free Agent

Free agent WR Titus Young was arrested twice in 15 hours last Sunday.
The troubled ex-Lion was busted for drunk driving at 12:01 Sunday morning in Moreno Valley, Cal. He was then arrested again 15 hours later after he was caught trying to steal his impounded Mustang from a tow-company lot. It's the exact kind of confounding, short-sighted behavior that earned Young his walking papers from the Lions less than two years after he was a second-round pick. Young needs to get serious help before his life spirals completely out of control

LOL he is doing work!

oubronco
05-08-2013, 06:59 AM
Before it spirals out of control?

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-08-2013, 09:45 AM
Seems the new 49er stadium is leaning toward naming it Levi's stadium. Would be sweet if they named it Apple iStadium.

DBroncos4life
05-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Ronde Barber - DB - Buccaneers

Ronde Barber has decided to retire.
"I've had a better run than I ever could've dreamed," Barber told FOX Sports' Jay Glazer. One of the longest tenured players in the NFL, Barber is hanging it up after 16 seasons. A three-time All Pro, Barber helped the Bucs to Super Bowl XXXVII win, and holds the record for most consecutive starts by a defensive back (215). Barber showed well as a safety last season, but would have returned as a reserve after the Bucs added Dashon Goldson and Johnthan Banks. Barber should be enshrined in the Bucs' Ring of Honor, but his Hall-of-Fame candidacy is harder to quantify. He benefited from playing for an all-time great defense during his prime, and wasn't an elite player the second half of his career. If not for his durability and longevity, Barber would be a borderline, at best, candidate for Canton. Those qualities are likely to put him over the top, however.

IndelibleScribe
05-08-2013, 05:24 PM
Titus Young - WR - Free Agent

Free agent WR Titus Young was arrested twice in 15 hours last Sunday.
The troubled ex-Lion was busted for drunk driving at 12:01 Sunday morning in Moreno Valley, Cal. He was then arrested again 15 hours later after he was caught trying to steal his impounded Mustang from a tow-company lot. It's the exact kind of confounding, short-sighted behavior that earned Young his walking papers from the Lions less than two years after he was a second-round pick. Young needs to get serious help before his life spirals completely out of control

LOL he is doing work!

this is beyond Flava clown. this fool is straight up stupid.
i don't get some of these guys. you get paid to play a sport you love, you can have anything you want and anyone you want for the most part and you act a damn fool?

some people just shouldn't have money.

SouthStndJunkie
05-14-2013, 12:51 PM
Former Dallas Cowboys running back Felix Jones signed a one-year deal with the Philadelphia Eagles on Tuesday, the team announced.

FearLanier
05-14-2013, 04:23 PM
Chiefs signed former Nevada Coach Chris Ault to be a consultant.

He ran the option extremely well at Nevada with Colin Kaepernick and has some other ideas.

This is one of the best offensive coaching staff's in the NFL IMO. Reid at HC, Pederson as OC and Brad Childress and Chris Ault as consultants.

TonyR
05-14-2013, 04:29 PM
This is one of the best offensive coaching staff's in the NFL IMO. Reid at HC, Pederson as OC and Brad Childress and Bob Ault as consultants.

Now if you just had a QB to run it...

IndelibleScribe
05-14-2013, 04:31 PM
Now if you just had a QB to run it...

Alex Smith isn't exactly hot garbage. i don't like the Chiefs but i really don't get the Smith hate. he's not a superstar by any means but he's a nice QB.

lolcopter
05-14-2013, 04:33 PM
Alex Smith is a rich man's Kyle Orton

SouthStndJunkie
05-14-2013, 04:36 PM
Chuck Muncie, a standout running back with the New Orleans Saints and a three-time Pro Bowl selection, died of a heart attack on Monday. He was 60.

FearLanier
05-14-2013, 04:42 PM
Alex Smith seems to be pretty capable with his feet.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E3szXpKYCVo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lolcopter
05-14-2013, 04:43 PM
...on that ONE play

TonyR
05-14-2013, 04:44 PM
Alex Smith isn't exactly hot garbage. i don't like the Chiefs but i really don't get the Smith hate. he's not a superstar by any means but he's a nice QB.

He's not terrible. Good mobility, doesn't make a lot of mistakes. But he's not all that good either, and I think Harbaugh makes his QB's look a lot better than they are.

peacepipe
05-14-2013, 04:47 PM
He's not terrible. Good mobility, doesn't make a lot of mistakes. But he's not all that good either, and I think Harbaugh makes his QB's look a lot better than they are.

The same can be said about Reid. McNabb & ,Kolb come to mind. McNabb looked pretty damn good until he left Philly. Kolb got a big payday cause of Reid as well.

FearLanier
05-14-2013, 04:51 PM
...on that ONE play

Alex Smith ran a lot in college. He's also been a consistently good running QB in the NFL. Kinda like Aaron Rodgers, not running a lot like RG3 or Newton.

lolcopter
05-14-2013, 04:54 PM
Well, when you have a noodle arm you gotta make up for it in other places I guess

TonyR
05-14-2013, 04:56 PM
McNabb looked pretty damn good until he left Philly. Kolb got a big payday cause of Reid as well.

I don't completely disagree, but to be fair McNabb was old and washed up when he left Philly.

broncosteven
05-14-2013, 08:05 PM
Chiefs signed former Nevada Coach Chris Ault to be a consultant.

He ran the option extremely well at Nevada with Colin Kaepernick and has some other ideas.

This is one of the best offensive coaching staff's in the NFL IMO. Reid at HC, Pederson as OC and Brad Childress and Chris Ault as consultants.

They said on NFL live they brought them in to talk about the pistol and spread to both the O and D. Sounds like they are desperate to find something to work.

They also asked Reid about "Taco Tuesday's" he said it wasn't his idea in Philly and he never liked it much but he said they were keeping "Junk Food Fridays", big surprise there!

broncosteven
05-14-2013, 08:07 PM

Who was one year from busting out of the NFL. When you get replaced by a 2nd year starter who almost wins a SB you know your replaceable.

errand
05-14-2013, 08:28 PM
Who was one year from busting out of the NFL. When you get replaced by a 2nd year starter who almost wins a SB you know your replaceable.

Every player is replaceable.....it just takes some longer than others to be replaced.

IndelibleScribe
05-14-2013, 08:46 PM

that team almost went to the SB with smith last season and without the **** ups by their KR/PR would have. so if you're going to use that logic then Kaep will be replaced pretty soon by a better QB.

broncosteven
05-14-2013, 09:10 PM
that team almost went to the SB with smith last season and without the **** ups by their KR/PR would have. so if you're going to use that logic then Kaep will be replaced pretty soon by a better QB.

Yep, I felt the same way about the 80's 49ers also.

KCStud
05-14-2013, 09:13 PM
Yep, I felt the same way about the 80's 49ers also.

Well, Joe Montana was on the trade block during the offseason Elway was drafted.

Didn't know that until I saw the 30 for 30.

lolcopter
05-14-2013, 09:22 PM
Well, Joe Montana was on the trade block during the offseason Elway was drafted.

Didn't know that until I saw the 30 for 30.

no, he wasn't

rewatch the program

walsh would have considered elway if he could have traded montana, but he never would have done it

Smiling Assassin27
05-15-2013, 02:24 PM
More drama in Jets qb camp:

Here we go again.

The circus-like atmosphere surrounding the Jets’ quarterback position is getting a little bit crazier, with a report out today that David Garrard, who was brought in to provide some veteran leadership and stability, has told teammates today that he is planning to leave the team.

According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, Garrard told two teammates he no longer plans to be with the Jets. It is unclear whether that’s because he plans to retire, if he’s been told he’s getting cut, or if something else has happened. According to the Jets, Garrard is still on the roster.

Asked about the story, Garrard told NFL Network’s Jeff Darlington:,”I’m not talking about that right now. Maybe tomorrow or the next day.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/15/report-david-garrard-tells-teammates-hes-leaving-the-jets/

Smiling Assassin27
05-15-2013, 02:28 PM
Josina Anderson ‏@JosinaAnderson 31s

---->RT @AdamSchein: Text from Garrard: "Having to call it quits. My knee is not holding up. Continuing to swell after practices

Tebow effect.

peacepipe
05-15-2013, 02:49 PM
I don't completely disagree, but to be fair McNabb was old and washed up when he left Philly.

He was 32/33 yrs old when he left Philly. Hardly old & washed up for a QB.

Smiling Assassin27
05-15-2013, 02:59 PM
anyone know about this guy?

Josina Anderson ‏@JosinaAnderson 1m

--->RT @evansilva: Wow. RT @AdamSchefter Patriots are releasing starting DT Kyle Love, per @MikeReiss.

lolcopter
05-15-2013, 03:16 PM

Spoken like someone who didnt watch mcnabb play over those years

Captain dirtball was completely washed up

bronco militia
05-15-2013, 03:21 PM

rush was right!

http://www.motherjones.com/files/legacy/mojoblog/rush_limbaugh.jpg

ROFL!

TonyR
05-15-2013, 04:46 PM

I live in the Philly market and watched it all unfold from start to finish. McNabb was in steady decline. Shanahan is pretty darn good with QB's too and even he couldn't get anything out of him in D.C.

bowtown
05-15-2013, 05:57 PM
anyone know about this guy?

Was just diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. Belichick is a heartless bastard.

peacepipe
05-15-2013, 06:03 PM
Was just diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. Belichick is a heartless bastard.

His diet will change dramatically,no way he's able to keep the weight without doing harm to himself. Bilicheat did him a favor by removing the pressure of keeping at a certain weight.

DBroncos4life
05-15-2013, 06:04 PM
rush was right!

http://www.motherjones.com/files/legacy/mojoblog/rush_limbaugh.jpg

ROFL!

Andy Reid gets so much hype for developing a QB on par with Boomer Easison. QB guru my ass.

FearLanier
05-15-2013, 07:29 PM
Andy Reid gets so much hype for developing a QB on par with Boomer Easison. QB guru my ass.

I don't think you're giving him enough credit. He's done some impressive things with QB's.

broncosteven
05-15-2013, 07:35 PM
I don't think you're giving him enough credit. He's done some impressive things with QB's.

Outside of McNabb who has Reid developed?

Kolb? He is a Huge bust.

The kid who is sitting behind Vick and now a rookie QB? Bust

Now he has a QB who cannot use his legs to buy time on a team that has a weak interior OL. Vick and McNabb were both mobile QBs.

DBroncos4life
05-15-2013, 07:36 PM

Getting high draft picks for scrubs doesn't make you a QB guru, it means there are a couple out of work GMs.

He is a good coach, just I think the hype he gets for QBs is over played.

FearLanier
05-15-2013, 08:03 PM
Getting high draft picks for scrubs doesn't make you a QB guru, it means there are a couple out of work GMs.

He is a good coach, just I think the hype he gets for QBs is over played.

Every QB who Reid has ever had has been drastically better under him than they have anywhere else.

I think that speaks volumes about his ability.

IndelibleScribe
05-15-2013, 08:23 PM
McNabb failed in Washington and Minnesota more from lacking the mental side than the decline of him physically.
he limited himself because he didn't want to be seen as a running QB.
once he did that he doomed himself. he did pretty well for a few years and then his limitations were exposed as he got older and older.
now Vick was the opposite, he embraced running too much.

Reid is not a QB guru, he is good at putting QB's in a system and making them look good enough to trade. but all have struggled once they left philly, that is very telling.

Josina Anderson ‏@JosinaAnderson 31s

---->RT @AdamSchein: Text from Garrard: "Having to call it quits. My knee is not holding up. Continuing to swell after practices

Tebow effect.

jets can't get rid of Sanchez to save their life.
though i don't think any QB will do well with that team due to the craptacular offense they have. they have little to no talent on O. they need so many things it's not funny.
but still, the QB play should be a lot better than what Sanchez has shown.

FearLanier
05-15-2013, 08:39 PM
Outside of McNabb who has Reid developed?

Kolb? He is a Huge bust.

The kid who is sitting behind Vick and now a rookie QB? Bust

Now he has a QB who cannot use his legs to buy time on a team that has a weak interior OL. Vick and McNabb were both mobile QBs.

Kolb looked good with Reid. The fact that he has looked awful without Reid is irrelevant.

What you're saying about Vick is true, but he was never that good throwing the ball in Atlanta.

His accuracy went from 52% average in Atlanta to 62% in his first year starting under Reid. He also only had 6 INT's and had a 100 QBR.
His accuracy, QBR and passing yards were much better with Reid than they ever were in Atlanta.

For the first time in Vick's career, he had a respectable year with his arm rather than just his legs, thanks to Reid.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-15-2013, 08:46 PM
Every QB who Reid has ever had has been drastically better under him than they have anywhere else.

I think that speaks volumes about his ability.

Simply. No. Vick? Kolb? Feeley? Detmer? Hall? Mike McMahon? Reid has had plenty of QBs and only McNabb looked somewhat decent. I don't give credit for Favre either since Reid was a coach at other positions besides QB when Favre was winning.

He didnt develop any of those QBs. What he did was mask how bad they were and teams like Miami and Arizona were duped. Maybe he will mask Alex smith like Harbaugh did, and unless you have a Super Bowl roster that's not gonna get it done.

broncosteven
05-15-2013, 08:58 PM
Kolb looked good with Reid. The fact that he has looked awful without Reid is irrelevant.

What you're saying about Vick is true, but he was never that good throwing the ball in Atlanta.

His accuracy went from 52% average in Atlanta to 62% in his first year starting under Reid. He also only had 6 INT's and had a 100 QBR.
His accuracy, QBR and passing yards were much better with Reid than they ever were in Atlanta.

For the first time in Vick's career, he had a respectable year with his arm rather than just his legs, thanks to Reid.

And yet how did Kolb and Vick do in the playoffs?

FearLanier
05-15-2013, 09:05 PM
And yet how did Kolb and Vick do in the playoffs?

Did Kolb even play in a playoff game in Philly?

Vick had a fair game. 2 TD's and 1 INT and just under 300 passing yards. If I remember correctly, the Eagles lost that game in the last minute on a last minute scoring attempt.

Tim
05-15-2013, 09:31 PM
Reid has been overrated for developing QB's since his green bay days with favre even though he was getting holmgren's dry cleaning till favre was already in his prime then got all the accolades for it.

SimonFletcher73
05-15-2013, 10:02 PM
Reid is a regular Bill Walsh at developing QBs if you compare that to his ability of raising his own children.

Bacchus
05-15-2013, 10:08 PM
McNabb failed in Washington and Minnesota more from lacking the mental side than the decline of him physically.
he limited himself because he didn't want to be seen as a running QB.
once he did that he doomed himself. he did pretty well for a few years and then his limitations were exposed as he got older and older.
now Vick was the opposite, he embraced running too much.

Reid is not a QB guru, he is good at putting QB's in a system and making them look good enough to trade. but all have struggled once they left philly, that is very telling.

jets can't get rid of Sanchez to save their life.
though i don't think any QB will do well with that team due to the craptacular offense they have. they have little to no talent on O. they need so many things it's not funny.
but still, the QB play should be a lot better than what Sanchez has shown.

McNabb was so fat he could not run Shanahans hurry up system. He would never get the plays off fast enough. He sat at the LOS caught his breath and then hiked the ball just before the 30 second clock. It pissed Shanahan off he benched him.

extralife
05-15-2013, 10:15 PM

Alex Smith is at least as mobile as McNabb was for the majority of his career

boltaneer
05-16-2013, 01:09 AM
Reid is a regular Bill Walsh at developing QBs if you compare that to his ability of raising his own children.

Wow. Low blow.

boltaneer
05-16-2013, 01:16 AM
I think Reid did an fairly impressive job with Vick, though that was short lived.

AJ Feeley and Kolb never developed into anything good.

McNabb and Farve would have been superstars on any team.

He's great at fleecing teams for backup quarterbacks. Kind of ironic since most people feel he got fleeced this time with Alex Smith.

DBroncos4life
05-17-2013, 09:03 PM
Bruce Irvin - DL - Seahawks

NFL suspended Seahawks DE Bruce Irvin four games for violating the league's policy against performance-enhancing substances.
Irvin has no plans to appeal, admitting he took Adderall without a medical exemption. He'll participate in training camp and preseason, then be barred from all Seahawks activities until Week 5. Irvin, the 15th overall pick in last year's draft, registered eight sacks and a forced fumble as a nickel-rushing rookie. For the first month of the season, at least, Seattle is deep enough to withstand Irvin's loss after adding Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett to their pass-rushing corps.

Third player busted from the Hawks in two years. Yeah no wonder that D is so good.

pricejj
05-17-2013, 09:27 PM
Third player busted from the Hawks in two years. Yeah no wonder that D is so good.

I would expect nothing less from a Pete Carroll coached team.

IndelibleScribe
05-17-2013, 10:12 PM
Bruce Irvin - DL - Seahawks

NFL suspended Seahawks DE Bruce Irvin four games for violating the league's policy against performance-enhancing substances.
Irvin has no plans to appeal, admitting he took Adderall without a medical exemption. He'll participate in training camp and preseason, then be barred from all Seahawks activities until Week 5. Irvin, the 15th overall pick in last year's draft, registered eight sacks and a forced fumble as a nickel-rushing rookie. For the first month of the season, at least, Seattle is deep enough to withstand Irvin's loss after adding Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett to their pass-rushing corps.

in the words of Eddie Guerrero. "If you're not cheating, you're not trying."

DENVERDUI55
05-17-2013, 10:54 PM
Reid being a so called QB guru is a myth.

Kaylore
05-18-2013, 12:35 AM

I've seen posts like this before about Reid and his kids. It's incredibly judgmental and insensitive. I've never heard of Reid being abusive and his sons don't blame him or their mother for the way their lives played out, at least not publicly. That doesn't mean Reid didn't have a hand in their development, but people looking at a kid and then saying "they have horrible parents. It's all their fault" is total BS. We have no idea how the Reid family was or what kind of parents they were to their kids. I've met some really cool people with terrible parents. I've met some amazing parents with horrible kids. People ultimately are responsible for their own actions.

KCStud
05-18-2013, 12:44 AM
Reid being a so called QB guru is a myth.

If Reid is a fraud with QB's, I guess Ratty is too.

DENVERDUI55
05-18-2013, 08:53 AM
If Reid is a fraud with QB's, I guess Ratty is too.

Who did he turn into a great QB? McNabb would of been fine with anyone and the rest were mediocre to garbage.

broncosteven
05-18-2013, 11:27 AM
Did Kolb even play in a playoff game in Philly?

Vick had a fair game. 2 TD's and 1 INT and just under 300 passing yards. If I remember correctly, the Eagles lost that game in the last minute on a last minute scoring attempt.

That was my point.

IndelibleScribe
05-18-2013, 12:03 PM
I've seen posts like this before about Reid and his kids. It's incredibly judgmental and insensitive. I've never heard of Reid being abusive and his sons don't blame him or their mother for the way their lives played out, at least not publicly. That doesn't mean Reid didn't have a hand in their development, but people looking at a kid and then saying "they have horrible parents. It's all their fault" is total BS. We have no idea how the Reid family was or what kind of parents they were to their kids. I've met some really cool people with terrible parents. I've met some amazing parents with horrible kids. People ultimately are responsible for their own actions.

that's because in general people believe that a person will follow what their parents taught them in times of trouble.
or basically, if the parent taught them right they wouldn't do this because they'd know it was wrong.

that's true in some situations but without knowing the whole scenario it's hard to say it's someone's fault other than that person.
the person makes their own choices regardless of it being a good idea or not.
not everyone has the same moral compass on right, wrong, acceptable or unacceptable.

DBroncos4life
05-18-2013, 02:42 PM
Jason Avant - WR - Eagles

The Eagles have been working WR Jason Avant at defensive back.
Coach Chip Kelly is certainly putting his stamp on the team. We already mentioned how TE Clay Harbor was dabbling at outside linebacker. Avant set a career-high with 53 catches last season, but he's nothing more than a middling slot talent with no big-play ability. The Eagles traded for Arrelious Benn, and Avant might be on the outside looking in at the 53-man roster.

I'm still holding out hope we can send them Tony Carter for something.

IndelibleScribe
05-18-2013, 03:00 PM
Jason Avant - WR - Eagles

The Eagles have been working WR Jason Avant at defensive back.
Coach Chip Kelly is certainly putting his stamp on the team. We already mentioned how TE Clay Harbor was dabbling at outside linebacker. Avant set a career-high with 53 catches last season, but he's nothing more than a middling slot talent with no big-play ability. The Eagles traded for Arrelious Benn, and Avant might be on the outside looking in at the 53-man roster.

I'm still holding out hope we can send them Tony Carter for something.

well Chip is leaving no stone unturned but that's insane. Avant is not a DB.

Wes Mantooth
05-18-2013, 04:43 PM
well Chip is leaving no stone unturned but that's insane. Avant is not a DB.

Two years tops

IndelibleScribe
05-18-2013, 05:17 PM
Two years tops

i actually think he'll be similar to Harbaugh and be a very good coach.

KCStud
05-18-2013, 07:07 PM
Who did he turn into a great QB? McNabb would of been fine with anyone and the rest were mediocre to garbage.

McNabb is the only real talent he's had to work with, but his work has been impressive.

Jeff Garcia looked fantastic and led them to the playoffs when McNabb got hurt, Kolb looked so good that a team gave up a 2nd and a starting CB for him and he made Vick look like a respectable passer.

I think Alex Smith will be a big test for him though. This will prove his reputation.

errand
05-18-2013, 08:31 PM

I know right? that's like trying to blame Tony Dungy for his kid committing suicide.

IdahoBronco7
05-19-2013, 08:43 AM
You don't have to be abusive or a drug using parent to have your kids turn out bad. The worst thing a parent can do is not spend quality time with their kids....as in being too busy to show them the right path. Being a head coach in the NFL could certainly make a man too busy.

Kaylore
05-19-2013, 04:20 PM
You don't have to be abusive or a drug using parent to have your kids turn out bad. The worst thing a parent can do is not spend quality time with their kids....as in being too busy to show them the right path. Being a head coach in the NFL could certainly make a man too busy.

Nobody knows how much time Andy Reid spent with his kids, including you. And we certainly don't know if this had anything to do with his son's suicide. To suggest anything is speculative, judgmental and immature.

TonyR
05-19-2013, 04:47 PM
McNabb is the only real talent he's had to work with, but his work has been impressive.

Jeff Garcia looked fantastic and led them to the playoffs when McNabb got hurt, Kolb looked so good that a team gave up a 2nd and a starting CB for him and he made Vick look like a respectable passer.

I think Alex Smith will be a big test for him though. This will prove his reputation.

Andy Reid is a decent coach. But he owes a lot of his success to the late Jim Johnson. And he lost two NFC Championship Games as a home favorite (once to the John Fox coached Carolina Panthers), and lost another (to Arizona) that many think they should have won. His act got stale in Philly and the fans were long past ready to move on. It wasn't working any more. Will be interesting to see if he can make it work again somewhere else.

broncosteven
05-19-2013, 07:15 PM
Andy Reid is a decent coach. But he owes a lot of his success to the late Jim Johnson. And he lost two NFC Championship Games as a home favorite (once to the John Fox coached Carolina Panthers), and lost another (to Arizona) that many think they should have won. His act got stale in Philly and the fans were long past ready to move on. It wasn't working any more. Will be interesting to see if he can make it work again somewhere else.

He is the poor mans version of Shanny minus the SB wins.

Rohirrim
05-19-2013, 07:18 PM
He is the poor mans version of Shanny minus the SB wins.

You mean, minus the Elway. ;D

broncosteven
05-19-2013, 07:23 PM
Apparently Freeney is going to sign with SD. Not sure if this was posted, didn't see it in this thread.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/San-Diego-Chargers-Dwight-Freeney-agree-to-2-year-deal-051813

SouthStndJunkie
05-19-2013, 07:39 PM
Apparently Freeney is going to sign with SD. Not sure if this was posted, didn't see it in this thread.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/San-Diego-Chargers-Dwight-Freeney-agree-to-2-year-deal-051813

Prepare your anus!

baja
05-19-2013, 08:40 PM
i hear
TEbow was cut by the Jets!!!

IdahoBronco7
05-19-2013, 10:05 PM
Nobody knows how much time Andy Reid spent with his kids, including you. And we certainly don't know if this had anything to do with his son's suicide. To suggest anything is speculative, judgmental and immature.

Who said anything about this being about his son committing suicide ? I don't know an F'ing thing about Reid, buddy. I am commenting about the parental posts above, nothing judgmental. I know first hand how having a father's love and attention and then it all just goes away feels. So including and to only you, shove that finger you're pointing at me up that nose you're talking down at me with. Your post is immature and speculating that you know best on this site. Funny stuff.

IdahoBronco7
05-19-2013, 10:16 PM
Oh and by the way I only have 131 posts now and you have 41,010, as if that wasn't in the back of your mind. I am here in peace and for the interaction of fellow Bronco fans, not to have someone tell me how chit is. I've been on other sites for years so don't let the post count fool you.

Peace, Love...Broncos !

baja
05-19-2013, 10:38 PM
132 post rule...

Inkana7
05-19-2013, 10:39 PM

Andry Reid is an NFL Head Coach and thus did not spend enough time with his family. All NFL Coaches are awful in this regard, and if they aren't, then they are bad coaches and are fired quickly.

SimonFletcher73
05-19-2013, 10:56 PM
Reid's son died of a heroin overdose. Both of his sons were in prison. Previous to that they were living in his house with weapons and a lot of pills. He had younger children living in the house.

He also probably allowed all of them to watch both Ghostbusters movies while he was at the Eagles complex breaking down Koy Detmer tapes. Guess I should have used the standard obese man joke. No offense!

Kaylore
05-19-2013, 11:06 PM
He also probably allowed all of them to watch both Ghostbusters movies

I take back everything I said.

SimonFletcher73
05-19-2013, 11:11 PM
Ecto Cooler and Vodka. Thug life.

Wes Mantooth
05-20-2013, 12:05 AM
i actually think he'll be similar to Harbaugh and be a very good coach.

It is the biggest coaching experiment in years. I have seen this guy fake a punt on a 4th and 20 from his own 30. Though it worked, I am not sure his risk taking will work the same way at this level.

IdahoBronco7
05-20-2013, 10:51 AM
132 post rule...

Uhmmmmmm........what's that ?

baja
05-20-2013, 11:00 AM
Uhmmmmmm........what's that ?

Long running joke here.

My post is a variation of what started as the "hundred post rule"

a new poster needs to have 100 posts before he can post

All in good fun

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-20-2013, 11:18 AM
Long running joke here.

My post is a variation of what started as the "hundred post rule"

a new poster needs to have 100 posts before he can "make a new thread

All in good fun

Fyp

IndelibleScribe
05-20-2013, 05:44 PM
It is the biggest coaching experiment in years. I have seen this guy fake a punt on a 4th and 20 from his own 30. Though it worked, I am not sure his risk taking will work the same way at this level.

nothing wrong with having balls. his success will come from his ability to reach the players and teach them the things they need.
if he can't do that then he will flame out.
but i think he's a brilliant mind and will adapt to the NFL style.

El Minion
05-20-2013, 06:57 PM

I know right, unless it happens to player (read:black) then it's okay to be speculative, judgmental and immature.

Kaylore
05-20-2013, 08:27 PM
I know right, unless it happens to player (read:black) then it's okay to be speculative, judgmental and immature.

I don't follow. Is this comment ripping on those who excuse everything a player does because they grew up poor?

IndelibleScribe
05-20-2013, 09:36 PM
I don't follow. Is this comment ripping on those who excuse everything a player does because they grew up poor?

from what i gather he was saying that people rush to the aid of certain types and rush to judgement on others with no regard to circumstances.

huh??
05-20-2013, 11:01 PM

How much did he pay attention with Vick? It's the little things that kill.
I saw this on Twitter:

“So I showed him how I was running with it, and he looked at it and he knocked the ball right out of my hands. And he was like, ‘Hold it like this.’ And what he told me felt comfortable. I had a tighter grip on the football. That should secure that problem as long as I work on it.” -Michael Vick

Over the weekend, Chip Kelly taught Michael Vick how to properly hold a football. Seriously.

baja
05-20-2013, 11:32 PM
How much did he pay attention with Vick? It's the little things that kill.
I saw this on Twitter:

“So I showed him how I was running with it, and he looked at it and he knocked the ball right out of my hands. And he was like, ‘Hold it like this.’ And what he told me felt comfortable. I had a tighter grip on the football. That should secure that problem as long as I work on it.” -Michael Vick

Over the weekend, Chip Kelly taught Michael Vick how to properly hold a football. Seriously.

Wow move over Mike Shanahan. ;D

huh??
05-21-2013, 12:23 AM
Wow move over Mike Shanahan. ;D

I'm rather amazed that that didn't happen on the first day of his rookie year!

baja
05-21-2013, 12:45 AM
I'm rather amazed that that didn't happen on the first day of his rookie year!

One would think... How does that get missed with a qb that running is his specialty

cmhargrove
05-21-2013, 09:46 AM
Imagine you've been drafted into the NFL.

Congrats, by the way. That's a nice achievement. Buy your mom a house.

Now, imagine you were drafted by a team other than the team you grew up rooting for. Imagine the team that now employs you is the arch-rival of your favorite team. How quickly would you be able to abandon allegiances?

Perhaps we should ask Keenan Allen. The rookie wide receiver -- a third-round choice by the San Diego Chargers -- recently posted a Vine video of himself sipping on a beverage while wearing a black Oakland Raiders cap.

The Chargers and Raiders are rivals, of course, going all the way back to their days together in the hardscrabble AFL.

Allen removed the video following an avalanche of criticism. The inevitable mea culpa soon followed.

full story here (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000204847/article/keenan-allen-on-raiders-hat-im-sorry-chargers-fans)

SouthStndJunkie
05-21-2013, 09:52 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/21/nfl-considers-making-the-pro-bowl-more-like-a-game-show/

NFL considers making the Pro Bowl “more like a game show”

Kaylore
05-21-2013, 10:02 AM

Now, imagine you were drafted by a team other than the team you grew up rooting for. Imagine the team that now employs you is the arch-rival of your favorite team. How quickly would you be able to abandon allegiances?

Perhaps we should ask Keenan Allen. The rookie wide receiver -- a third-round choice by the San Diego Chargers -- recently posted a Vine video of himself sipping on a beverage while wearing a black Oakland Raiders cap.

The Chargers and Raiders are rivals, of course, going all the way back to their days together in the hardscrabble AFL.

Allen removed the video following an avalanche of criticism. The inevitable mea culpa soon followed.

full story here (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000204847/article/keenan-allen-on-raiders-hat-im-sorry-chargers-fans)

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/keenan-allen-raiders.png

bronco militia
05-21-2013, 10:02 AM

same ****ing smell Hilarious!

bolts fan=chargers fan

broncosteven
05-21-2013, 11:33 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/21/nfl-considers-making-the-pro-bowl-more-like-a-game-show/

They should do a mix of Battle of the network stars with the old Skill position type show they did back in the 70's pair Von Miller up with Scarlett Johansson running an obstacle course in a bathing suit.

razorwire77
05-21-2013, 11:49 AM

This would be awesome. So many players are ultra competitive by nature and many like to gamble. Might as well feed into that. Have player X race player Y. Player X gets 25 grand. Player Y gets 5 grand. Let them **** talk and tweet back and forth. NFC vs. AFC tug-o-war. Winners get a Rolex loser gets nothing. Brady vs. Manning vs. Rodgers throwing accuracy contest. Bench rep contests. Hell, have an AFC vs. NFC dunk contest.

IndelibleScribe
05-21-2013, 12:43 PM

insane but they definitely need to make it entertaining.

Rabb
05-21-2013, 12:55 PM
This would be awesome. So many players are ultra competitive by nature and many like to gamble. Might as well feed into that. Have player X race player Y. Player X gets 25 grand. Player Y gets 5 grand. Let them **** talk and tweet back and forth. NFC vs. AFC tug-o-war. Winners get a Rolex loser gets nothing. Brady vs. Manning vs. Rodgers throwing accuracy contest. Bench rep contests. Hell, have an AFC vs. NFC dunk contest.

spelling bee

bronco militia
05-21-2013, 12:58 PM
spelling bee

that's racist!!!

LRtagger
05-21-2013, 01:27 PM
They just need to bring back the skills competitions and axe the game completely.

razorwire77
05-21-2013, 02:06 PM
I'd also partner it with the sports science series. Create a measurable way to showcase the best athletes in the world. Have expensive impact tackling dummies that measure defensive explosiveness in a quantifiable way. I'd love to see a Sports Science Patrick Willis vs. Von Miller tackling impact contest in Hawaii. Winner gets 20 grand.

If they're serious, I'm glad the NFL is finally thinking outside the box. The Pro Bowl as it exists now is Caleb Hanie-esqe in its assyness.

spiralism
05-21-2013, 02:38 PM
Have a field goal shootout between kickers... 5 kicks, one each from 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60 yards and sudden death kicks at 55 yards after...winner gets money or something...would be great to watch

baja
05-21-2013, 02:50 PM
Have a field goal shootout between kickers... 5 kicks, one each from 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60 yards and sudden death kicks at 55 yards after...winner gets money or something...would be great to watch

a kicking contest?

after that we could give two players each a bucket of paint and have a paint race to the top of each goal post upright winner gets a ladder to get down.

razorwire77
05-21-2013, 02:53 PM

That would be awesome. I'd love to see some dunk tank action too. Kicker makes a kick they win money. They miss and a door opens to dunk them. Maybe put Goodell in a dunk tank and give 50K to charity if Manning can dunk him. How about a sort of a Pros vs. Joes thing. Have a fan try and catch a Colin Kaepernick slant or quick out for 10 grand. There are so many cool things they could do and sponsors would pay for all of it.

They need to bring in some Japanese consultants.

oubronco
05-21-2013, 03:45 PM
Why not just let the players play for real?

ludo21
05-21-2013, 03:48 PM
Why not just let the players play for real?

i am pretty sure the ratings are higher than ever.... all info i see is they have averaged over an 8 rating for a few straight years.... sooo if so, why would they change?

Black96WS6
05-21-2013, 04:16 PM
Max Starks (Pittsburgh LT) and Freeney are both now Chargers.

Tombstone RJ
05-21-2013, 06:13 PM
That would be awesome. I'd love to see some dunk tank action too. Kicker makes a kick they win money. They miss and a door opens to dunk them. Maybe put Goodell in a dunk tank and give 50K to charity if Manning can dunk him. How about a sort of a Pros vs. Joes thing. Have a fan try and catch a Colin Kaepernick slant or quick out for 10 grand. There are so many cool things they could do and sponsors would pay for all of it.

They need to bring in some Japanese consultants.

love the dunk tank idea. Have Goodell sitting above the tank, and the kickers have one chance to kick like 30 yards to hit a bullseye and sink the commish. The guy who does this is auto-hero and given a parade and lifetime supply of viagra and prostitutes. And a La Quinta Inn special rates.

spiralism
05-21-2013, 07:54 PM

Starks isn't great. Might beat the pretty dreadful Clary out of a spot though which is a shame as he was usually Von's b****.

Bmore Manning
05-21-2013, 07:57 PM
Woodson signs a one year deal with the Raiders.

baja
05-21-2013, 08:21 PM
Woodson signs a one year deal with the Raiders.

Med already reported that.

IndelibleScribe
05-21-2013, 08:24 PM

it's sack city on Phyllis this season. :strong:

Bmore Manning
05-21-2013, 08:36 PM
Med already reported that.

:)

SimonFletcher73
05-21-2013, 08:42 PM
I don't think there's anything you can do to the Pro Bowl to make it good television. Nobody is going to go full out and they shouldn't.

Maybe if they made it a game not called the Pro Bowl with borderline NFL free agents and gave them a chance to shine. Everybody would have something to gain and at least we'd be entertained.

broncosteven
05-21-2013, 09:18 PM
I'd also partner it with the sports science series. Create a measurable way to showcase the best athletes in the world. Have expensive impact tackling dummies that measure defensive explosiveness in a quantifiable way. I'd love to see a Sports Science Patrick Willis vs. Von Miller tackling impact contest in Hawaii. Winner gets 20 grand.

If they're serious, I'm glad the NFL is finally thinking outside the box. The Pro Bowl as it exists now is Caleb Hanie-esqe in its assyness.

NFL Live has a segment like this occaisionally. It is good but not enough there to make a complete show around.

thumpc
05-21-2013, 10:28 PM
I don't think there's anything you can do to the Pro Bowl to make it good television. Nobody is going to go full out and they shouldn't.

Maybe if they made it a game not called the Pro Bowl with borderline NFL free agents and gave them a chance to shine. Everybody would have something to gain and at least we'd be entertained.
Have the All Pro players coach the game.

DBroncos4life
05-22-2013, 09:43 AM
Trent Cole - LB - Eagles

The Philadelphia Inquirer calls OLB Trent Cole a "fish out of water" in the Eagles' new 3-4 defense.
If it wasn't for Cole's enormous contract that he signed last March, then he'd already be gone. Cole has never played outside linebacker, and it's proving to be a chore for him to learn the nuances of the position. The Eagles are trying to force a square peg into a round hole with Cole, but they'd be charged with nearly $10 million in dead money if they were to cut him.

I still wish we could figure out a way to land him.

spiralism
05-22-2013, 11:28 AM
Trent Cole - LB - Eagles

The Philadelphia Inquirer calls OLB Trent Cole a "fish out of water" in the Eagles' new 3-4 defense.
If it wasn't for Cole's enormous contract that he signed last March, then he'd already be gone. Cole has never played outside linebacker, and it's proving to be a chore for him to learn the nuances of the position. The Eagles are trying to force a square peg into a round hole with Cole, but they'd be charged with nearly $10 million in dead money if they were to cut him.

I still wish we could figure out a way to land him.

Sounds like a valid option after Phillips this year.

TonyR
05-22-2013, 11:52 AM
Trent Cole - LB - Eagles...

This is one of the main reason I think Chip Kelly is going to fail. The offense could be good, but the defense? An already talent deprived D is marginalizing probably its best player? Unless I'm missing something that defense is probably going to be awful. Their DB situation is pretty bad, and I'm not sure they have the front 7 talent to run the 3-4. I don't get what they're doing/thinking at all.

DBroncos4life
05-22-2013, 12:31 PM
This is one of the main reason I think Chip Kelly is going to fail. The offense could be good, but the defense? An already talent deprived D is marginalizing probably its best player? Unless I'm missing something that defense is probably going to be awful. Their DB situation is pretty bad, and I'm not sure they have the front 7 talent to run the 3-4. I don't get what they're doing/thinking at all.

They could really use Tony Carter :)

DBroncos4life
05-23-2013, 02:12 PM
Will Smith - DL - Saints

Will Smith was running with the Saints' first-team defense at outside linebacker in OTAs this week.
Smith and Martez Wilson were with the ones, while Junior Galette and Victor Butler were with the twos. As we pointed out days ago, this attempt by the Saints to move 6-foot-3, 282-pound Smith to stand-up edge rusher is quite comical. Galette and Butler are younger and much more talented at this stage of their respective careers. Smith, due $3 million, is a candidate to be released.

He would be cheaper then Cole.

TonyR
05-23-2013, 02:19 PM
Acquiring Will Smith would be HUGE.

Would you rather have Smith or Cole?

DENVERDUI55
05-23-2013, 02:26 PM
Will Smith - DL - Saints

Will Smith was running with the Saints' first-team defense at outside linebacker in OTAs this week.
Smith and Martez Wilson were with the ones, while Junior Galette and Victor Butler were with the twos. As we pointed out days ago, this attempt by the Saints to move 6-foot-3, 282-pound Smith to stand-up edge rusher is quite comical. Galette and Butler are younger and much more talented at this stage of their respective careers. Smith, due $3 million, is a candidate to be released.

That or even Isreal Idonnije. I can't believe nobody is bringing him in for a look.

DBroncos4life
05-23-2013, 02:51 PM
Acquiring Will Smith would be HUGE.

What would be a good offer for a player with one year left on his deal? I still think Carter should be traded. I like him, but he only has one year on his deal and we need to see what Bolden and Webster can do.

DBroncos4life
05-23-2013, 02:55 PM
That or even Isreal Idonnije. I can't believe nobody is bringing him in for a look.

I like him as well. The only thing I can think of is he is pretty much like Wolfe and Ayers. Might be too many DT/DE tweeners.

broncosteven
05-23-2013, 02:58 PM

Idonnije sucks.

Smith or Cole would be better.

broncosteven
05-23-2013, 03:00 PM
What would be a good offer for a player with one year left on his deal? I still think Carter should be traded. I like him, but he only has one year on his deal and we need to see what Bolden and Webster can do.

This is what TC is for, if Bolden and Webster can beat out Tony Carter then fine but you don't move or cut good depth for 2 guys who haven't shown anything on the field yet.

DBroncos4life
05-23-2013, 03:07 PM
This is what TC is for, if Bolden and Webster can beat out Tony Carter then fine but you don't move or cut good depth for 2 guys who haven't shown anything on the field yet.

Carter is fighting for at best the dime cornerback. Smith or Cole would be fighting for the starting RDE spot. You make the move to get a starter out of a limited time player. Any other roster Carter would be playing more hence he would have more value to another team.

broncosteven
05-23-2013, 03:10 PM
Carter is fighting for at best the dime cornerback. Smith or Cole would be fighting for the starting RDE spot. You make the move to get a starter out of a limited time player. Any other roster Carter would be playing more hence he would have more value to another team.

IDK, Fox and JDR seem to like to rotate guys in a lot. Plus I really think all DRC has on Carter is size. At this point I think Carter is the better cover DB with DRC maybe being the better Zone CB.

DBroncos4life
05-23-2013, 03:21 PM
IDK, Fox and JDR seem to like to rotate guys in a lot. Plus I really think all DRC has on Carter is size. At this point I think Carter is the better cover DB with DRC maybe being the better Zone CB.

I don't agree with the rotate players in the secondary. The only reason Carter got his job back is because Porter hurt his head again. Carter is solid, but I watched bigger WR's eat him up. Like Alexander for the Chargers.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/03/25/fantasy-reaction-dominique-rodgers-cromartie-signs-with-denver/
While I don't agree with everything they say, this is a good write up of what we are getting in DRC. With Harris going inside we are in position to have 3 damn good DBs on the field at once. We would be much better with Bolden/Webster at the 4 CB and Cole or Smith at starting RDE then we would with Carter at 4 and Ayers/Phillips at RDE.

We would have a rotation of (Smith or Cole), Ayers and Phillips. Also Phillips would more as back up Miller as well as giving us protection if Phillips can't produce as a DE in the 4-3. That would give us a very good mix of players for the front 4 IMO.

DBroncos4life
05-26-2013, 10:30 PM
Broncos | Manuel Ramirez working at center
Sat, 25 May 2013 15:33:32 -0700

Denver Broncos OG Louis Vasquez said C Manuel Ramirez has been working at center with the first-team offense during organized team activities because C J.D. Walton (ankle) is rehabbing an injury.

Comment | Source: DenverBroncos.com - Gray Caldwell | Share: Share on Facebook

Broncos | Jeremy Beal could earn bigger role on defense
Sat, 25 May 2013 15:32:53 -0700

Denver Broncos DE Jeremy Beal could earn a fairly prominent role in the defensive end rotation this season if he has an impressive training camp.

Comment | Source: DenverBroncos.com - Gray Caldwell | Share: Share on Facebook

Broncos | Ryan Katz could move up depth chart
Sat, 25 May 2013 15:24:48 -0700

Denver Broncos QB Ryan Katz is expected to compete with QB Zac Dysert for the No. 3 quarterback job and could win the job if he has an impressive training camp. Katz could also be added to the practice squad if he does not make the final roster.

broncosteven
05-27-2013, 01:40 PM
I don't agree with the rotate players in the secondary. The only reason Carter got his job back is because Porter hurt his head again. Carter is solid, but I watched bigger WR's eat him up. Like Alexander for the Chargers.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/03/25/fantasy-reaction-dominique-rodgers-cromartie-signs-with-denver/
While I don't agree with everything they say, this is a good write up of what we are getting in DRC. With Harris going inside we are in position to have 3 damn good DBs on the field at once. We would be much better with Bolden/Webster at the 4 CB and Cole or Smith at starting RDE then we would with Carter at 4 and Ayers/Phillips at RDE.

We would have a rotation of (Smith or Cole), Ayers and Phillips. Also Phillips would more as back up Miller as well as giving us protection if Phillips can't produce as a DE in the 4-3. That would give us a very good mix of players for the front 4 IMO.

They rotated Leonhard in a lot too, they had Boldin out there a couple times. They rotated Irving and Trevathan in quite a bit at LB. I think Fox and JDR like playing their depth and keeping starters fresh.

SouthStndJunkie
05-29-2013, 09:37 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/29/shanahan-brings-larry-coyer-on-board-as-a-scout/

Shanahan brings Larry Coyer on board as a scout

Kaylore
05-29-2013, 10:46 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/29/shanahan-brings-larry-coyer-on-board-as-a-scout/

Shanahan brings Larry Coyer on board as a scout

I hope he punches Bob Slowick in the nuts for me.

Bmore Manning
05-29-2013, 03:25 PM
Erin Henderson taking all the first team reps at MLB. Think there was a poster who said we could have him at a very reasonable price. And given he played the Weakside every year of his professional career, he could stay on the field in subpackages and wouldn't be a liability against a quick attack offense.

oubronco
05-29-2013, 07:46 PM
Will Smith - DL - Saints

It would kickass if they could land Smith

TonyR
05-29-2013, 09:27 PM
Erin Henderson taking all the first team reps at MLB. Think there was a poster who said we could have him at a very reasonable price. And given he played the Weakside every year of his professional career, he could stay on the field in subpackages and wouldn't be a liability against a quick attack offense.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/56821/vikings-erin-hendersons-one-man-tryout

SouthStndJunkie
06-03-2013, 10:20 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130603/colin-kaepernick-peter-king-monday-morning-quarterback/?sct=uk_t11_a0

Kaepernick a Raider? A look into the fateful trade that wasn't

SoCalBronco
06-03-2013, 11:06 AM
Jim Kelly has jaw cancer. :(

baja
06-03-2013, 11:23 AM

Did he use snuff?

Rohirrim
06-03-2013, 11:32 AM

Too much cunnilingus.

Kaylore
06-03-2013, 11:37 AM
Too much cunnilingus.

LOL I saw that too. Thanks for the excuse, Michael Douglas. "Sorry honey, it causes cancer, ya know."

baja
06-03-2013, 11:42 AM
Catherine Zeta Jones says "Thanks Mike"

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/116631/1/Catherine-Zeta-Jones-Husband-Michael-Douglas-Claims-Oral-Sex-Caused-Throat-Cancer

baja
06-03-2013, 11:44 AM
So where does he go from here. If he says it was her he screwed if he says it's another woman he double screwed.

Tombstone RJ
06-03-2013, 12:16 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130603/colin-kaepernick-peter-king-monday-morning-quarterback/?sct=uk_t11_a0

LOL Remember how we all thought that the Broncos got fleeced on that trade??????????????????????

Yep, makes sense now. The Broncos were only too happy to let the Niners have that pick. Screw you Al Davis!!

Hilarious!

Rohirrim
06-03-2013, 12:20 PM
So where does he go from here. If he says it was her he screwed if he says it's another woman he double screwed.

Hardest lesson in life to learn: Sometimes it's best to say nothing. ;D

broncocalijohn
06-03-2013, 12:52 PM

So Broncos screwing the Raiders letting another team (not in the AFC) take Kapernick instead of the Faiders! Now we only need Alex Smith to **** the bed in Kansas City to screw them also! 2 for 1 deal and all we did was trade down our draft pick a few spots.

DBroncos4life
06-03-2013, 05:44 PM
Montee Ball - RB - Broncos

ESPN's Chris Mortensen stated on NFL 32 that rookie Montee Ball is "absolutely" the front-runner to replace Willis McGahee at tailback in Denver.
"It is absolutely the rookie Montee Ball from Wisconsin," said Mortensen, who recently spent a ton of time with the Manning brothers. "And I can tell you already the feeling from the quarterback (Peyton) is this guy has -- kinda like what Edgerrin James and Joseph Addai gave him -- is that he gets 'it.' He's got 'it.' In other words, he's dedicated, he's a pro, and he's got talent. ... Montee Ball, watch out." Look for Ball to blow by Ronnie Hillman et al in training camp and preseason games. He's already the best inside runner on Denver's roster.

oubronco
06-03-2013, 06:36 PM
It's going to be an extremely fun season

broncosteven
06-03-2013, 06:38 PM

ESPN's Chris Mortensen stated on NFL 32 that rookie Montee Ball is "absolutely" the front-runner to replace Willis McGahee at tailback in Denver.
"It is absolutely the rookie Montee Ball from Wisconsin," said Mortensen, who recently spent a ton of time with the Manning brothers. "And I can tell you already the feeling from the quarterback (Peyton) is this guy has -- kinda like what Edgerrin James and Joseph Addai gave him -- is that he gets 'it.' He's got 'it.' In other words, he's dedicated, he's a pro, and he's got talent. ... Montee Ball, watch out." Look for Ball to blow by Ronnie Hillman et al in training camp and preseason games. He's already the best inside runner on Denver's roster.

I am going to pull out an old TD bronco game dvd tonight to watch since you got me all excited!

DBroncos4life
06-03-2013, 07:48 PM
I am going to pull out an old TD bronco game dvd tonight to watch since you got me all excited!

Well this time its free. :D

SimonFletcher73
06-03-2013, 08:46 PM

As long as it isn't a game involving Brian "Jeff Gillooly" Griese.

IndelibleScribe
06-03-2013, 11:57 PM

he better not say another damn word. silence is golden.
oh but the jokes, meme's and gif's will be epic.
"Honey i can't eat your p***Y because it will give me throat cancer." ROFL!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6z9v4jT9j1qf0mnn.gif

uplink
06-05-2013, 09:28 AM
Just wondering, how much credit goes to Mike Singletary for building the 49ers, or is it all Harbaugh?

Singletary did change the team to a more physical team, in particular on the Oline. I didn't hear any of the NFL pundits giving any credit to Singletary over the last couple of years.

Gutless Drunk
06-05-2013, 09:51 AM
The Lions sign our highest paid WR from last year. Can't believe he made 1.2 million last year

"The Lions have come to terms with wide receiver Matt Willis, Tim Twentyman of DetroitLions.com reported Tuesday.

The 29-year-old Willis will compete to make the Lions as a reserve wideout and special teams coverage player. He caught 10 passes for 90 yards in 15 regular-season games for Denver in 2012 while also notching a career-high seven tackles on special teams"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/04/lions-reach-deal-with-wide-receiver-matt-willis/

DivineLegion
06-05-2013, 10:31 AM
Just wondering, how much credit goes to Mike Singletary for building the 49ers, or is it all Harbaugh?

Singletary did change the team to a more physical team, in particular on the Oline. I didn't hear any of the NFL pundits giving any credit to Singletary over the last couple of years.

Mike Singletary gets 100% of the credit for building the team IMHO, and Harbaugh 100% for coaching the team.

DENVERDUI55
06-05-2013, 10:36 AM
Mike Singletary gets 100% of the credit for building the team IMHO, and Harbaugh 100% for coaching the team.

You guys aren't looking far enough back. Nolan built a lot of that team.

Kaylore
06-05-2013, 11:20 AM
Trent Baalke has been the GM since 2011.

Requiem
06-05-2013, 12:55 PM
Baalke got them NDSU Bison roots bois.

broncosteven
06-05-2013, 03:22 PM
The Lions sign our highest paid WR from last year. Can't believe he made 1.2 million last year

"The Lions have come to terms with wide receiver Matt Willis, Tim Twentyman of DetroitLions.com reported Tuesday.

The 29-year-old Willis will compete to make the Lions as a reserve wideout and special teams coverage player. He caught 10 passes for 90 yards in 15 regular-season games for Denver in 2012 while also notching a career-high seven tackles on special teams"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/04/lions-reach-deal-with-wide-receiver-matt-willis/

Willis was a good STer, he always seemed to be on the field during an INT but he had decent hands and made some catches you don't expect from a depth guy. Wonder who will replace him on ST's?

DBroncos4life
06-05-2013, 03:28 PM
Daryl Smith - LB - Ravens

Ravens agreed to terms with LB Daryl Smith, formerly of the Jaguars.
It's a low-risk, high-upside signing for GM Ozzie Newsome as he looks to replace Ray Lewis and Dannell Ellerbe. A groin injury limited Smith to just two games last season, but the Jaguars' all-time leading tackler was still highly effective in 2011. He's undoubtedly on the downside of his career, but should go a long way toward fortifying the Ravens' inside linebacker corps as long as he's healthy. After being panned in the early days of free agency, the Ravens are arguably more talented now than they were in 2012.

ugh I think this will be a good under the radar signing for them

errand
06-05-2013, 03:29 PM
he always seemed to be on the field during an INT

Really? So was Manning......

DBroncos4life
06-05-2013, 03:35 PM

Yeah it clear was Manning's fault for Willis not knowing his routes. ROFL!

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-05-2013, 03:44 PM

Singletary didnt build Much. York made it clear Singletarys role would be concentrated on coaching rather than personnel decisions. Baalke was making personnel decisions months before he was GM. And before that Scott Mcloughan and Nolan's handprints were all over that roster. Had Scott not been a drunken mess he may have kept his job.

Singletary did have something to do with the 2010 draft though. He was adamant the niners draft Taylor mays even though Baalke didnt want to.

Bmore Manning
06-05-2013, 04:50 PM
Ravens signed Daryl Smith...

uplink
06-05-2013, 04:53 PM
I thought Singletary was the guy who was doing all the talking about making them a smash-mouth physical team etc. when he took over. However seems like most think Singletary didn't have much too do with getting the 49ers to where they are today and others guys picked the players. Thanks for the info on this.

IndelibleScribe
06-05-2013, 04:58 PM
Singletary didnt build Much. York made it clear Singletarys role would be concentrated on coaching rather than personnel decisions. Baalke was making personnel decisions months before he was GM. And before that Scott Mcloughan and Nolan's handprints were all over that roster. Had Scott not been a drunken mess he may have kept his job.

Singletary did have something to do with the 2010 draft though. He was adamant the niners draft Taylor mays even though Baalke didnt want to.

building isn't just in the drafting of the team. he set the tone for the 49ers to be tough and smash mouth. Vernon Davis wouldn't be nearly as good as he is now without the lessens he learned from Singletary.

errand
06-05-2013, 04:58 PM
Yeah it clear was Manning's fault for Willis not knowing his routes. ROFL!

Not Manning's fault at all...but Willis wasn't responsible for all of Manning's interceptions now was he?

He posted that it seemed like Willis was on the field every time there was an INT....which is ludicrous. Willis wasn't targeted in almost all of Manning's INT's save for the one Willis ****ed up the route on.

broncosteven
06-05-2013, 05:53 PM

Key word is SEEMED.

I was actually giving Willis a back handed compliment. Dude made some good catches but everyone is going to remember him for INT's when he was in formation. I was on those game day threads I remember everyone blaming Willis even when he wasn't the intended target. Hence the use of the word SEEMS!

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-05-2013, 06:22 PM
building isn't just in the drafting of the team. he set the tone for the 49ers to be tough and smash mouth. Vernon Davis wouldn't be nearly as good as he is now without the lessens he learned from Singletary.

You'd get a beatdown talkin like this in a mission district bar. There was so much wrong with Singletary that people around here had McDaniels type hate. There's plenty of reasons why he got booed in candlestick when the Vikings came to town.

I agree with John Madden on his assessment about Singletary. You can scream and yell all you want but at the end of the day if you aren't coaching/encouraging all you're doing is yelling. Sure some guys (Davis) credit that to getting them right in the head. But at the same time you have to coach and Singletary didnt do that. He laid blame of losses on the players way too much. While making zero adjustments during a game.

Singletary refused to take blame for anything. Things that a head coach should take blame for. Like making adjustments in the game or getting plays in on time. He got Dennis odonnell fired for simply asking questions that a coach should answer. He was a pompous ass and is the reason coaches around the league did not want to be on his staff.

WolfpackGuy
06-05-2013, 06:37 PM
Key word is SEEMED.

I was actually giving Willis a back handed compliment. Dude made some good catches but everyone is going to remember him for INT's when he was in formation. I was on those game day threads I remember everyone blaming Willis even when he wasn't the intended target. Hence the use of the word SEEMS!

You're right.

That pick six against the Chuggers was on him.

bowtown
06-05-2013, 06:44 PM
He will be missed on STs, but that's all.

DBroncos4life
06-06-2013, 04:53 PM
Quanterus Smith - DL - Broncos

Broncos fifth-round DE Quanterus Smith (torn ACL) has been participating in individual and positional drills at OTAs this week.
Smith isn't even six-and-a-half months shy of tearing his left ACL. "When I’m done doing the drills I feel good," Smith said. "I don’t feel all the way normal but I still have another month-and-a-half to get ready. Everything feels good. I don’t feel like I’m babysitting it too much." Smith plans to be ready for team drills once training camp rolls around in late July.

This is promising news.

DBroncos4life
06-06-2013, 04:55 PM
Cowboys | Joshua Brent tests positive for marijuana
Thu, 06 Jun 2013 14:43:25 -0700

Dallas Cowboys DT Joshua Brent has tested positive for marijuana, which could result in his bond being revoked for an intoxication manslaughter charge.

Enjoy prison.

Kaylore
06-06-2013, 09:30 PM
What a genius.

This.

IndelibleScribe
06-06-2013, 09:58 PM
You'd get a beatdown talkin like this in a mission district bar. There was so much wrong with Singletary that people around here had McDaniels type hate. There's plenty of reasons why he got booed in candlestick when the Vikings came to town.

I agree with John Madden on his assessment about Singletary. You can scream and yell all you want but at the end of the day if you aren't coaching/encouraging all you're doing is yelling. Sure some guys (Davis) credit that to getting them right in the head. But at the same time you have to coach and Singletary didnt do that. He laid blame of losses on the players way too much. While making zero adjustments during a game.

Singletary refused to take blame for anything. Things that a head coach should take blame for. Like making adjustments in the game or getting plays in on time. He got Dennis odonnell fired for simply asking questions that a coach should answer. He was a pompous ass and is the reason coaches around the league did not want to be on his staff.

i never said he was a good coach. his teaching of X's and O's was poor. i said he helped build the team's identity of toughness and helped some of their better players move forward into the next evolution of their career.

Quanterus Smith - DL - Broncos

Broncos fifth-round DE Quanterus Smith (torn ACL) has been participating in individual and positional drills at OTAs this week.
Smith isn't even six-and-a-half months shy of tearing his left ACL. "When I’m done doing the drills I feel good," Smith said. "I don’t feel all the way normal but I still have another month-and-a-half to get ready. Everything feels good. I don’t feel like I’m babysitting it too much." Smith plans to be ready for team drills once training camp rolls around in late July.

This is promising news.

oh my... i love this news.

Cowboys | Joshua Brent tests positive for marijuana
Thu, 06 Jun 2013 14:43:25 -0700

Dallas Cowboys DT Joshua Brent has tested positive for marijuana, which could result in his bond being revoked for an intoxication manslaughter charge.

Enjoy prison.

what a ****ing mo-ron!

SouthStndJunkie
06-07-2013, 03:25 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/07/report-josh-gordon-suspended-two-games/

Josh Gordon suspended two games

broncosteven
06-07-2013, 03:33 PM
What a genius.

Love how people make life choices. Hmmmm... jail or blowing weed, jail or blowing weed, blowing weed or blowing.............weeeeeeeeedddddddd (insert stoner laugh)

Tombstone RJ
06-07-2013, 03:36 PM
cheeba can be addictive, just like any other drug.

SouthStndJunkie
06-09-2013, 08:26 PM
CHICAGO -- The Chicago Bears have traded 2011 first-round draft choice Gabe Carimi, an offensive lineman, to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

The Bears will receive a sixth-round pick in the 2014 draft, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

broncosteven
06-09-2013, 08:30 PM
CHICAGO -- The Chicago Bears have traded 2011 first-round draft choice Gabe Carimi, an offensive lineman, to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

The Bears will receive a sixth-round pick in the 2014 draft, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Trestman is making some great moves, Carimi would have likely been cut after TC he is so bad.

I think duh bears can make a lot of noise, Trestman was a solid hire and he will stablize things quickly. Cutler will either buy in and become the QB he can be or will be looking for a job this time next year.

Smiling Assassin27
06-10-2013, 03:09 PM
Philip Klein ‏@philipaklein 46s

Wow! RT @RichCimini: How 'bout this? The Patriots are signing QB Tim Tebow and he'll be in minicamp tomorrow, according to @Edwerderespn.

broncosteven
06-10-2013, 03:19 PM
Philip Klein ‏@philipaklein 46s

Wow! RT @RichCimini: How 'bout this? The Patriots are signing QB Tim Tebow and he'll be in minicamp tomorrow, according to @Edwerderespn.

I figured it would be Chicago or back to mCd.

Smiling Assassin27
06-10-2013, 03:31 PM
With all of JAX's vehement denials, I figured it'd be them!

Bmore Manning
06-10-2013, 07:07 PM
Vonta Leach is a stud. Some team is going to be benefiting big time.

DENVERDUI55
06-10-2013, 07:12 PM
Vonta Leach is a stud. Some team is going to be benefiting big time.

I see him heading back to Houston if he is cut.

Bmore Manning
06-10-2013, 07:14 PM
I see him heading back to Houston if he is cut.

I think they have moved on. I could see a team like Cleveland Browns considering him, San Francisco, Minnesota. Think power running teams.

SouthStndJunkie
06-11-2013, 12:18 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Colts and RB Ahmad Bradshaw agreed to one-year deal.

cutthemdown
06-11-2013, 12:40 PM
The Raiders should sign Leach. Go power running with mcFadden. Leach is just the sort of thumper he needs to get enough room to be effective and get to 1200 yrds or more a season again.

DBroncos4life
06-11-2013, 12:48 PM
The Raiders should sign Leach. Go power running with mcFadden. Leach is just the sort of thumper he needs to get enough room to be effective and get to 1200 yrds or more a season again.

He wants to go back to Houston.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9365860/baltimore-ravens-release-vonta-leach-eyes-return-houston-texans

SouthStndJunkie
06-11-2013, 02:26 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Former Saints DT Sedrick Ellis has reached agreement on a one-year deal with the Chicago Bears.

DBroncos4life
06-11-2013, 09:30 PM
Ed Reed cites Brady kick for injury.

Houston Texans safety Ed Reed, who is still rehabbing from offseason hip surgery, indicated that the injury originally occurred when Patriots quarterback Tom Brady kicked him in the AFC championship game.

"The only play I could look at is when I got kicked by a certain quarterback," Reed said Tuesday at Texans minicamp. "But even then, I played in the Super Bowl and you saw what happened there."

Reed acknowledged he isn't sure if he'll be ready to play for the Texans in the season opener on Sept. 9. The nine-time Pro Bowler, who had surgery April 30 for a partly torn labrum, said he didn't find out he needed surgery until after joining the Texans from the Super Bowl-winning Baltimore Ravens.

"If you ask my trainer and ask my doctor, they can't believe where I'm at now," Reed said. "It's still a process. We want to be smart through it.

"At the end of the day, the smartest thing is to be ready when it really counts -- and that's the latter part of the season when you're making that run to the playoffs and on to the Super Bowl."

Reed, who was in Houston for the start of the Texans' three-day minicamp, said he hasn't had any setbacks, and he'll have a better idea of when he might play when training camp begins in late July.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9368329/ed-reed-houston-texans-thinks-kick-tom-brady-afc-championship-game-causes-hip-injury

DBroncos4life
06-13-2013, 03:37 PM
Kayvon Webster - DB - Broncos

Broncos signed third-round CB Kayvon Webster to a four-year contract.
Webster (5-foot-10 1/2, 195) started 32 games at South Florida, notching three interceptions and four forced fumbles. He's classified as a good "character guy," and he'll likely see most of his rookie-year action on special teams.
Jun 13 - 4:08 PM

Broncos signed second-round RB Montee Ball to a four-year contract.
Ball, the No. 58 overall pick, scored an NCAA record 83 all-purpose touchdowns at Wisconsin. He has a lot of miles on his tires, but coach John Fox insists that the team isn't concerned about that one bit. Following the release of Willis McGahee on Thursday, Ball is in the driver's seat for lead-back duties. He's a perfect for for the Broncos' scheme and has RB1 upside.

SouthStndJunkie
06-17-2013, 04:02 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9396308/green-bay-packers-release-linebacker-desmond-bishop

Packers cut Desmond Bishop

oubronco
06-17-2013, 05:39 PM
Hell bring him in

SouthStndJunkie
06-17-2013, 07:40 PM
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/greg-cosell-on-denvers-2013-draft-picks

Greg Cosell on Denver’s 2013 draft picks

IndelibleScribe
06-17-2013, 10:41 PM
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/greg-cosell-on-denvers-2013-draft-picks

good read

TonyR
06-18-2013, 11:08 AM

The fact that we don't have 10 pages of posts on the Tebow comments (and multiple comments about how omg IAOFM sucks and omg TonyR always posts links omg!!!) is a pretty good sign that not many people have seen this...

IndelibleScribe
06-18-2013, 11:21 AM
The fact that we don't have 10 pages of posts on the Tebow comments (and multiple comments about how omg IAOFM sucks and omg TonyR always posts links omg!!!) is a pretty good sign that not many people have seen this...

he's a Patriot now. that trumps the former love.

DBroncos4life
06-18-2013, 12:25 PM
Ryan Clady - T - Broncos

CBS' Jason La Canfora reports there is "some sense" the Broncos and unsigned franchise player LT Ryan Clady will hammer out a long-term deal before next month's deadline.
La Canfora expects talks to come down to the July 15 deadline, but believes the Broncos are "edging closer to reality on what the cost will be." Clady is believed to be seeking Joe Thomas or Jason Peters money, which would put him in the neighborhood of $35-$45 million guaranteed. The Broncos would be wise not to upset the man tasked with protecting Peyton Manning's blindside.

baja
06-18-2013, 12:31 PM
Ryan Clady - T - Broncos

CBS' Jason La Canfora reports there is "some sense" the Broncos and unsigned franchise player LT Ryan Clady will hammer out a long-term deal before next month's deadline.
La Canfora expects talks to come down to the July 15 deadline, but believes the Broncos are "edging closer to reality on what the cost will be." Clady is believed to be seeking Joe Thomas or Jason Peters money, which would put him in the neighborhood of $35-$45 million guaranteed. The Broncos would be wise not to upset the man tasked with protecting Peyton Manning's blindside.

Holy crap. What if he injures himself playing pick up basket ball again?

IndelibleScribe
06-18-2013, 01:37 PM
Ryan Clady - T - Broncos

pay the man his money, get serious insurance on it in case he gets hurt doing something stupid and get his ass in camp.

bronco militia
06-18-2013, 02:00 PM

clady rolled the dice last year and won. The Broncos don't have much of a choice.

FearLanier
06-18-2013, 03:14 PM
Chiefs bringing in former Packers ILB Desmond Bishop for a visit Thursday.

Pretty nice player if healthy. 200+ tackles and 8 sacks combined in his last 2 years as a starter.

DBroncos4life
06-23-2013, 11:55 AM
Von Miller - LB - Broncos

Von Miller will get a head start on training camp by reporting to the Broncos' Dove Valley facility in early July.
Broncos training camp doesn't start until July 25. "It's just a choice," explained Miller. "It's all part of trying to be the best linebacker I can be and making plays for the defense." Following an 11.5-sack rookie season, Miller leaped to 18.5 sacks and six forced fumbles as a sophomore. Still only 24 years old, Miller has bypassed DeMarcus Ware as the NFL's premier edge pass rusher.

jerseyboiler120
06-23-2013, 01:33 PM
pay the man his money, get serious insurance on it in case he gets hurt doing something stupid and get his ass in camp.

This

DENVERDUI55
06-23-2013, 01:52 PM

There would be a no basketball clause along with a bunch of other risky sports.

jerseyboiler120
06-23-2013, 02:02 PM
Need to pay him and move forward. Have to keep this team intact.

Tombstone RJ
07-02-2013, 07:31 PM
lol.... enjoy the irony:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/02/raiders-agree-to-pay-jamarcus-russell-3-million/

baja
07-02-2013, 07:35 PM
lol.... enjoy the irony:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/02/raiders-agree-to-pay-jamarcus-russell-3-million/

This should push him up over 400 pounds.

Tombstone RJ
07-02-2013, 07:53 PM
yep, this should push his come back a little farther down the line...

bowtown
07-02-2013, 07:59 PM
yep, this should push his come back a little farther down the line...

Please, that money is already gone.

Tombstone RJ
07-02-2013, 08:18 PM
Please, that money is already gone.

JaMarcus Russell, the gift that keeps on giving.... ROFL!

broncosteven
07-02-2013, 08:18 PM
lol.... enjoy the irony:

You can buy a lot of Purple Drank for $3 mill.

I am guessing he still ends up bankrupt within 3-5 years.

broncosteven
07-02-2013, 08:19 PM
Von Miller - LB - Broncos

Von Miller will get a head start on training camp by reporting to the Broncos' Dove Valley facility in early July.
Broncos training camp doesn't start until July 25. "It's just a choice," explained Miller. "It's all part of trying to be the best linebacker I can be and making plays for the defense." Following an 11.5-sack rookie season, Miller leaped to 18.5 sacks and six forced fumbles as a sophomore. Still only 24 years old, Miller has bypassed DeMarcus Ware as the NFL's premier edge pass rusher.

I love to hear about players working hard during the offseason.

SouthStndJunkie
07-06-2013, 05:08 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/01/jags-may-show-continuous-redzone-on-new-video-boards/

Jags may show continuous RedZone on new video boards

SouthStndJunkie
07-06-2013, 05:08 AM
That sounds like a pretty lame plan.

baja
07-06-2013, 07:03 AM
That sounds like a pretty lame plan.

Well when you consider those will likely be the only exciting football moments available in that stadium that day maybe it's no such a bad idea.

lolcopter
07-06-2013, 08:19 AM
so they won't be showing any jags highlights within their actual stadium then?

cool

broncosteven
07-06-2013, 04:46 PM
so they won't be showing any jags highlights within their actual stadium then?

cool

It will allow Jag fans to see real football.

DBroncos4life
07-06-2013, 06:31 PM
Omar Bolden - DB - Broncos

Omar Bolden worked as the Broncos' nickel corner during offseason workouts.
A fourth-round pick in 2012, Bolden was limited to special teams and appeared in just seven games as a rookie. The Broncos are expected to give him an expanded role as their No. 3 corner this season. Quinten Jammer, Tony Carter and third-round pick Kayvon Webster will also see playing time in sub-defenses.

g6matty
07-06-2013, 07:20 PM
Omar Bolden - DB - Broncos

Omar Bolden worked as the Broncos' nickel corner during offseason workouts.
A fourth-round pick in 2012, Bolden was limited to special teams and appeared in just seven games as a rookie. The Broncos are expected to give him an expanded role as their No. 3 corner this season. Quinten Jammer, Tony Carter and third-round pick Kayvon Webster will also see playing time in sub-defenses.

I saw that and it made me think harris may beat our DRC for number two duties. Drc doesnt excell in the nickle maybe hes not having such a good offseason so far?

broncosteven
07-06-2013, 08:16 PM
I saw that and it made me think harris may beat our DRC for number two duties. Drc doesnt excell in the nickle maybe hes not having such a good offseason so far?

They are pumping him up for TC, he either steps up or ends up getting cut. He is above avg on ST's though.

I think Harris will play alot of #2 and will move to slot in nickel.

We have 3 very good Man DB's (Champ, DRC, T. Carter) and Harris is better in zone than DRC and Carter so I am guessing he moves to slot in Nickle.

IndelibleScribe
07-06-2013, 10:39 PM
are you talking about Bolden getting cut? i doubt it. he was just drafted last year and was coming off an injury. he'll get at least another year before anything as drastic as being cut.

broncosteven
07-07-2013, 06:42 PM
are you talking about Bolden getting cut? i doubt it. he was just drafted last year and was coming off an injury. he'll get at least another year before anything as drastic as being cut.

That is fair, with the log jam we have in the secondary though someone is going to have to go.

Elway said great things about KM before the season started last year only to have him inactive for the 1st half until Willis went down...

IndelibleScribe
07-07-2013, 10:31 PM
That is fair, with the log jam we have in the secondary though someone is going to have to go.

Elway said great things about KM before the season started last year only to have him inactive for the 1st half until Willis went down...

Moreno was still slightly recovering during that time and the staff didn't have full confidence in him and had a better option in Willis at the time.

Elway didn't draft Moreno. the staff didn't pick him and he's still on the team even with his injuries because he's valuable.

if anyone goes it will likely be Carter.

lolcopter
07-08-2013, 07:46 AM
carter isn't going anywhere. if anyone goes it will be old ass adams

Gutless Drunk
07-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Giants agreed to terms with WR Victor Cruz on a six-year, $45.879 million contract

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/

baja
07-08-2013, 12:03 PM
Is today the last day to get new contracts done for unsigned vets? IE Clady.

Gutless Drunk
07-08-2013, 12:13 PM
Is today the last day to get new contracts done for unsigned vets? IE Clady.

Next Monday, July 15th. However, the Broncos prefer their contract negotiations to come down the the very last minute.

baja
07-08-2013, 12:43 PM
Next Monday, July 15th. However, the Broncos prefer their contract negotiations to come down the the very last minute.

Will there be a fax machine involved?

Kaylore
07-08-2013, 01:31 PM
Will there be a fax machine involved?

They will send the contract via telegraph.

SeedReaver
07-08-2013, 02:13 PM
They will send the contract via telegraph.
..-. ..- -.-. -.- - .... . ..-. .- -..-

signed,

-.-. .-.. .- -.. -.--

Rohirrim
07-08-2013, 02:29 PM
"Uh, yeah. We'll have Matt Russell drive it over."

baja
07-08-2013, 04:44 PM
"Uh, yeah. We'll have Matt Russell drive it over."

His new nick name - Pin Ball

delany
07-08-2013, 05:02 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9460328/lawrence-taylor-jr-facing-rape-charges

Lawrence Taylor Jr. has been charged with three felony counts stemming from his alleged interaction with two girls under the age of 16 at a home owned by his mother in Powder Springs, Ga.

Taylor, 31, who introduced his father, Lawrence Taylor, during his Pro Football Hall of Fame induction in 1999, has been charged with aggravated sodomy, aggravated child molestation and statutory rape. Sodomy charges in Georgia can apply to either anal or oral sex, but in this case authorities say that oral sex is involved.

orange crusher
07-08-2013, 05:38 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9460328/lawrence-taylor-jr-facing-rape-charges

Lawrence Taylor Jr. has been charged with three felony counts stemming from his alleged interaction with two girls under the age of 16 at a home owned by his mother in Powder Springs, Ga.

Taylor, 31, who introduced his father, Lawrence Taylor, during his Pro Football Hall of Fame induction in 1999, has been charged with aggravated sodomy, aggravated child molestation and statutory rape. Sodomy charges in Georgia can apply to either anal or oral sex, but in this case authorities say that oral sex is involved.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it?

DBroncos4life
07-09-2013, 10:57 AM
Derek Wolfe - DL - Broncos

Broncos LE Derek Wolfe is taking on a leadership role in his second season with the team.
Both Champ Bailey and Von Miller singled out Wolfe as an emerging team leader, and predict he'll "take the next step," as a player this season. Wolfe led Denver's defensive line in snaps as a rookie, recording 40 tackles, six sacks and batted down two passes. There's been nothing but positive buzz surrounding Wolfe this offseason, and it's expected he'll improve upon those numbers in year two.

Kaylore
07-09-2013, 11:13 AM
Derek Wolfe - DL - Broncos

Broncos LE Derek Wolfe is taking on a leadership role in his second season with the team.
Both Champ Bailey and Von Miller singled out Wolfe as an emerging team leader, and predict he'll "take the next step," as a player this season. Wolfe led Denver's defensive line in snaps as a rookie, recording 40 tackles, six sacks and batted down two passes. There's been nothing but positive buzz surrounding Wolfe this offseason, and it's expected he'll improve upon those numbers in year two.

No he, won't. He sucks because he's white.

-Alfred Williams.