PDA

View Full Version : Around The NFL:

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

bronco militia
04-04-2013, 02:23 PM
My older brother is a big Cowboys fan...he tells me that Cowboys wouldn't win 8 games if not for Romo....unfortunately they wouldn't have lost 8 games if not for Romo.

the good stuff:

– Zero Super Bowl interceptions.

– He’s still on his original neck. Not every NFL quarterback can say that.

– Greatest Cowboy quarterback ever except for Roger Staubach, Don Meredith, Troy Aikman and Danny White.

Ha!

errand
04-04-2013, 05:55 PM
the good stuff:

– Zero Super Bowl interceptions.

– He’s still on his original neck. Not every NFL quarterback can say that.

– Greatest Cowboy quarterback ever except for Roger Staubach, Don Meredith, Troy Aikman and Danny White.

Ha!

You forgot Craig Morton who led the Cowboys to SB V

In 1971, the Cowboys had a quarterback controversy between Craig Morton and Roger Staubach. Morton and Staubach alternated as the starting quarterback during the regular season. Landry eventually settled on Morton for most of the second half of the season, because he felt less confident that Staubach would follow his game plan (Landry called all of Morton's plays).

Also, Morton had done extremely well in the regular season, throwing for 1,819 yards and 15 touchdowns, with only 7 interceptions, earning him a passer rating of 89.8.

In contrast, Staubach, although a noted scrambler and able to salvage broken plays effectively, threw for 542 yards, and only 2 touchdowns compared to 8 interceptions, giving him a 42.9 rating.

He was a very good QB whose confidence was shaken by the benching in Dallas, and then being sent to Hades (NY Giants), before being re-born in Denver at the age of 34. One of my personal all time favorite players....

errand
04-04-2013, 05:58 PM
i know. but when your GM isn't job scared but is scared to replace a QB it shows badly. until they get a real GM again and a coach with some balls they will never go anywhere.

i agree....Jerry is one stubborn SoB. One fan even sent a petition to the White house to make Jerry sell the cowboys or something to that effect....LOL

Lestat
04-04-2013, 07:12 PM
i agree....Jerry is one stubborn SoB. One fan even sent a petition to the White house to make Jerry sell the cowboys or something to that effect....LOL

lol it's Texas, they believe they can break away from the union anyways Ha!

SouthStndJunkie
04-04-2013, 09:28 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9134652/detroit-lions-kicker-jason-hanson-retires-21-years

hanson played 21 years.... woah. i was 5 when he joined the league ;D

To put the length of his career in perspective in terms of the Lions, Jason Hanson was drafted only 5 months after Mike Utley was paralyzed in a game against the Los Angeles Rams in 1991. I was actually at that game.

Barry Sanders had just finished his 3rd season with the Lions when they drafted Jason Hanson.

Dan Reeves was still the head coach of the Denver Broncos when Jason Hanson was a rookie.

The Kansas City Chiefs last won a playoff game in 1993, Jason Hanson's second season in the NFL.

Peyton Manning was a sophomore....in high school when Jason Hanson was a rookie in the NFL.

Ronnie Hillman was about 7 months old when Jason Hanson was drafted.

Brett Favre was drafted in 1991, but started his first game in 1992....that's kind of amazing to think Brett Favre started his games played streak in 1992 and kept it going until 2010 playing at the QB position.

Lestat
04-04-2013, 10:03 PM
To put the length of his career in perspective in terms of the Lions, Jason Hanson was drafted only 5 months after Mike Utley was paralyzed in a game against the Los Angeles Rams in 1991. I was actually at that game.

Barry Sanders had just finished his 3rd season with the Lions when they drafted Jason Hanson.

Dan Reeves was still the head coach of the Denver Broncos when Jason Hanson was a rookie.

The Kansas City Chiefs last won a playoff game in 1993, Jason Hanson's second season in the NFL.

Peyton Manning was a sophomore....in high school when Jason Hanson was a rookie in the NFL.

Ronnie Hillman was about 7 months old when Jason Hanson was drafted.

Brett Favre was drafted in 1991, but started his first game in 1992....that's kind of amazing to think Brett Favre started his games played streak in 1992 and kept it going until 2010 playing at the QB position.

i'm only 25 and that **** made me feel old as dirt.

errand
04-06-2013, 04:18 PM
lol it's Texas, they believe they can break away from the union anyways Ha!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S92fTz_-kQE?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SouthStndJunkie
04-06-2013, 09:19 PM
ALAMEDA, Calif. -- The Oakland Raiders have waived linebacker Rolando McClain less than three years after drafting him eighth overall.

DBroncos4life
04-06-2013, 10:19 PM
ALAMEDA, Calif. -- The Oakland Raiders have waived linebacker Rolando McClain less than three years after drafting him eighth overall.

Raven

SouthStndJunkie
04-07-2013, 01:36 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/07/british-discus-thrower-puts-on-a-show-at-regional-combine/

British discus thrower puts on a show at Regional Combine

ZONA
04-07-2013, 02:09 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/07/british-discus-thrower-puts-on-a-show-at-regional-combine/

British discus thrower puts on a show at Regional Combine

I think he's got a good chance to sign as an undrafted player. Not sure anybody is going to risk a pick, even a low pick, for somebody who's never even put on a helmet before.

But at his size and speed, you sure would love the chance to sign him as an undrafted player and see what he can do.

peacepipe
04-07-2013, 03:27 PM
Raven

Bengals, they have a track record for players like that.

SouthStndJunkie
04-07-2013, 04:42 PM
I think he's got a good chance to sign as an undrafted player. Not sure anybody is going to risk a pick, even a low pick, for somebody who's never even put on a helmet before.

But at his size and speed, you sure would love the chance to sign him as an undrafted player and see what he can do.

Plus, he is only 21 years old, so you could take a few years to develop him.

It would probably be a different story if he were in his late 20s or older.

Smiling Assassin27
04-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Jim Leonhard to Saints:

Arran Andersen ‏@arranandersen 8m

“@jimleonhard: I got the okay from my agent. New year, new opportunity. We are glad to be joining the Saints.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-08-2013, 12:28 PM
Jim Leonhard to Saints:

They didnt have anyone to fair catch punts?

oubronco
04-09-2013, 10:53 AM
Josina Anderson ‏<S>@</S>JosinaAnderson <SMALL class=time>2h (https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/321647931654537218)</SMALL>
<SMALL class=time> </SMALL>
Agent Carl Poston just told me that DE Andre Carter has agreed to a 1-year deal with the Oakland <S>#</S>Raiders (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Raiders&src=hash).

Smiling Assassin27
04-09-2013, 03:06 PM
Jets regular season schedule released today:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BHbS3ReCYAA0Unl.jpg

Kaylore
04-09-2013, 03:08 PM
Josina Anderson ‏<S>@</S>JosinaAnderson <SMALL class=time>2h (https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/321647931654537218)</SMALL>
<SMALL class=time> </SMALL>
Agent Carl Poston just told me that DE Andre Carter has agreed to a 1-year deal with the Oakland <S>#</S>Raiders (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Raiders&src=hash).

Didn't the Postons get banned from representing players in the NFL for awhile?

DBroncos4life
04-10-2013, 07:19 AM
Bengals, they have a track record for players like that.

OR....

Rolando McClain - LB - Free Agent

The Ravens are reportedly nearing a deal with free agent ILB Rolando McClain.
After losing both Ray Lewis and Dannell Ellerbe, the Ravens are hungry to add talent at inside linebacker. McClain, the No. 8 overall pick in 2010 that flamed out in Oakland thanks in large part to off-field issues, certainly fits the bill. He also has a tie to GM Ozzie Newsome, as both are Alabama alums. Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, the two sides are scheduled to talk today "to see if they can iron out unresolved issues."

TonyR
04-10-2013, 07:28 AM

Damn. If this magically works out for them, which with their track record is very possible, that defense will be pretty good.

Bmore Manning
04-10-2013, 08:11 AM
I hate that there are good players out there, and we appear to be done in Free Agency..

Rohirrim
04-10-2013, 08:12 AM
OR....

Rolando McClain - LB - Free Agent

After losing both Ray Lewis and Dannell Ellerbe, the Ravens are hungry to add talent at inside linebacker. McClain, the No. 8 overall pick in 2010 that flamed out in Oakland thanks in large part to off-field issues, certainly fits the bill. He also has a tie to GM Ozzie Newsome, as both are Alabama alums. Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, the two sides are scheduled to talk today "to see if they can iron out unresolved issues."

The "unresolved issues" in this case are all mental.

TonyR
04-10-2013, 08:17 AM
I hate that there are good players out there, and we appear to be done in Free Agency..

Yup, there are definitely some upgrade and depth signings to be had out there. But I suppose the same could be said for just about every team.

oubronco
04-17-2013, 06:58 AM
<CENTER></CENTER>
Ravens ink QB Hanie

Owings Mills, MD (Sports Network) - The Baltimore Ravens signed quarterback Caleb Hanie on Tuesday.

Hanie served as Peyton Manning's backup for the Denver Broncos this past season. The 27-year-old Colorado State product served the same role for the Chicago Bears from 2008-2011.
Hanie has appeared in 10 games, throwing for 679 yards, three touchdowns and 10 interceptions. In 2011, Hanie started four games after Jay Cutler was sidelined with a broken thumb on his throwing hand.

Tombstone RJ
04-17-2013, 07:39 AM
<CENTER></CENTER>
Ravens ink QB Hanie

Owings Mills, MD (Sports Network) - The Baltimore Ravens signed quarterback Caleb Hanie on Tuesday.

Hanie served as Peyton Manning's backup for the Denver Broncos this past season. The 27-year-old Colorado State product served the same role for the Chicago Bears from 2008-2011. Hanie has appeared in 10 games, throwing for 679 yards, three touchdowns and 10 interceptions. In 2011, Hanie started four games after Jay Cutler was sidelined with a broken thumb on his throwing hand.

I wonder if this means the Broncos will be drafting another QB?

Boobs McGee
04-17-2013, 08:10 AM
"Hey, until these young guys start doing something, I'm not taking a back seat to them," Bailey said Tuesday, according to the Denver Post. "Later on, maybe, but right now I still feel like I can play at the level I expect and the level they expect me to at corner. Besides, I'm not even close to 36. I'm 34."

Bailey turns 35 in June.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000160640/article/champ-bailey-wants-to-play-cb-for-denver-broncos

****ing love Champ.

Lestat
04-17-2013, 10:28 AM
hahaha Champ is the man and telling it like it is.

FearLanier
04-17-2013, 05:11 PM
Sun-Sentinel reports that the Dolphins are working on a deal for Branden Albert.

Both sides trying to decide which Dolphins 2nd round pick will be compensation.

TheReverend
04-17-2013, 05:36 PM
Sun-Sentinel reports that the Dolphins are working on a deal for Branden Albert.

Both sides trying to decide which Dolphins 2nd round pick will be compensation.

Wow... so from Cassel and Albert to Smith and Joeckel at the cost of #1 overall and some 2nd round value.

The Chiefs are hilarious.

FearLanier
04-17-2013, 05:39 PM
Wow... so from Cassel and Albert to Smith and Joeckel at the cost of #1 overall and some 2nd round value.

The Chiefs are hilarious.

I actually think it will be Fisher, not Joeckel.

What would you have done?

SouthStndJunkie
04-19-2013, 12:30 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/19/bengals-expect-to-sign-either-harrison-or-dansby-before-the-draft/

Bengals expect to sign either Harrison or Dansby before the draft

TheReverend
04-19-2013, 12:34 PM
I actually think it will be Fisher, not Joeckel.

What would you have done?

I like Fisher. Took him in the mock draft and was calling him the best back then.

Tombstone RJ
04-19-2013, 01:33 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/19/bengals-expect-to-sign-either-harrison-or-dansby-before-the-draft/

I hope the Bengals sign both...

SouthStndJunkie
04-19-2013, 02:51 PM
James Harrison just signed a 2 year deal with the Bengals.

Bmore Manning
04-19-2013, 03:05 PM
I hope the Bengals sign both...

Why is that..?

Johnykbr
04-19-2013, 03:24 PM

I would be very happy to get Dansby to a short deal

Bmore Manning
04-19-2013, 03:26 PM
I would be very happy to get Dansby to a short deal

Exactly!

Lestat
04-19-2013, 04:05 PM
he's on his last leg but playing against the Steelers might motivate him just enough to hold off the decline and help the Bengals win some big games.

Tombstone RJ
04-19-2013, 04:37 PM
Why is that..?

more of a possibility a good LBer drops to the Broncos in the draft.

Bmore Manning
04-19-2013, 05:26 PM
more of a possibility a good LBer drops to the Broncos in the draft.

Dansby or a rookie..

Bigdawg26
04-19-2013, 05:32 PM
I would like to bring in Dansby for a look at MLB.

Bmore Manning
04-19-2013, 05:35 PM

Yeah that seems like a no brainer..

DBroncos4life
04-19-2013, 05:44 PM
Trent Cole - LB - Eagles

Eagles OLB Trent Cole's February hand surgery was performed to address multiple tendon tears and a snapped bone near his right wrist.
Cole says he played with the injury in 2011, but in 2012 "finally it snapped in half and I had to get some surgery." Cole turned in the worst year of his career last season, which -- in hindsight -- isn't surprising because pass rushers rely so much on hand usage. "I’ll straight up tell you I had a bad year," said 30-year-old Cole. "And it’s not going to happen again."

Lestat
04-19-2013, 05:54 PM

damn a look, he'd beat out anyone on the roster and probably 90% of the rookie MLB class.

Bmore Manning
04-19-2013, 06:25 PM
damn a look, he'd beat out anyone on the roster and probably 90% of the rookie MLB class.

Name a rookie LB who would outplay Dansby this year..

Lestat
04-19-2013, 07:19 PM
Name a rookie LB who would outplay Dansby this year..

MLB or LB period? if just LB then Jordan,Ansah(if he goes to a 3-4 team) and Mingo.
if just MLB then the only likely candidate would be Te'o but only if he can provide INT's and not got exposed on the edges.
Brown is more overrated than Te'o, Minter is more of a bruising thumper.

Bmore Manning
04-19-2013, 07:41 PM
MLB or LB period? if just LB then Jordan,Ansah(if he goes to a 3-4 team) and Mingo.
if just MLB then the only likely candidate would be Te'o but only if he can provide INT's and not got exposed on the edges.
Brown is more overrated than Te'o, Minter is more of a bruising thumper.

Obviously ILBs.. There is no way a rookie plays on Dansby's level over a two year span. Dansby has been a forgotten stud ILB in the NFL.. Just does everything right. Darryl Washington reminds me of a Dansby, in that he's very well rounded and talented. Washington is an under the radar up and coming star, where Dansby is an under the radar star already..

He must want big money.. After all he thinks he's the best ILB in football.

Lestat
04-19-2013, 07:43 PM
Obviously ILBs.. There is no way a rookie plays on Dansby's level over a two year span. Dansby has been a forgotten stud ILB in the NFL.. Just does everything right. Darryl Washington reminds me of a Dansby, in that he's very well rounded and talented. Washington is an under the radar up and coming star, where Dansby is an under the radar star already..

He must want big money.. After all he thinks he's the best ILB in football.

i don't disagree, i just don't see Denver signing him(why, i don't know as he fixes a huge hole for 3-4 years)

TheReverend
04-19-2013, 07:44 PM
I love Dansby, but Darryl's better. Easily one of the best ILB in the league, imo.

Bmore Manning
04-19-2013, 07:46 PM
i don't disagree, i just don't see Denver signing him(why, i don't know as he fixes a huge hole for 3-4 years)

You've got me.. That $1.2 for Bradley would have all went to Dansby and then some..there's cap room for him. He's not going to get more than $5 a season on the open market..

Bmore Manning
04-19-2013, 07:51 PM
I love Dansby, but Darryl's better. Easily one of the best ILB in the league, imo.

I think they are both incredibly talented. Darryl is a younger more athletic version. I would sign Dansby and fill that hole with a leader who wants a ring.. If not Baltimore may sign him..

TheReverend
04-19-2013, 08:01 PM
I think they are both incredibly talented. Darryl is a younger more athletic version. I would sign Dansby and fill that hole with a leader who wants a ring.. If not Baltimore may sign him..

Yup. Guys like Abraham, Freeney, Urlacher, etc, can all set their asking price and legitimately leverage with "It's not worth putting my body through a football season for less". But in his early 30s, Dansby's playing this year.

My guess is after the draft someone throws money at him.

Lestat
04-19-2013, 08:12 PM
You've got me.. That $1.2 for Bradley would have all went to Dansby and then some..there's cap room for him. He's not going to get more than $5 a season on the open market..

i wonder if they're eying someone in the draft on the cheap and holding money for Freeney when he finally gives in and says yes.
i know part of the money goes to the draft but you can back load a deal to land Dansby and fill the hole and not have to take a MLB except as a pure value selection.

baja
04-19-2013, 08:40 PM
Dansby seems like a perfect fit for the win now Broncos. He would solve a big missing piece.

Bmore Manning
04-19-2013, 10:55 PM
i wonder if they're eying someone in the draft on the cheap and holding money for Freeney when he finally gives in and says yes.
i know part of the money goes to the draft but you can back load a deal to land Dansby and fill the hole and not have to take a MLB except as a pure value selection.

It's possible, or they truly like what we have with Irving, Johnson, Bradley...

Lestat
04-20-2013, 11:12 AM
It's possible, or they truly like what we have with Irving, Johnson, Bradley...

here's what i think about that. that idea is this appealing.
http://thegirlfromtheghetto.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/eew.gif

Bmore Manning
04-20-2013, 12:08 PM
here's what i think about that. that idea is this appealing.
http://thegirlfromtheghetto.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/eew.gif

LOL!

delany
04-22-2013, 04:25 PM
This story is great for a couple of reasons....

1) Although drafted as a Chief...he wanted nothing to do with that pathetic franchise and retired as a Saint.

2) Loved the comment by someone that commented that Scott was able to get his contract signed and faxed in from Machu Picchu....while Doom couldn't manage it from Kinkos in Miami.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9200018/scott-fujita-signs-new-orleans-saints-andes-mountains-retires

Scott Fujita retires as a Saint

Linebacker Scott Fujita signed a one-day contract with the New Orleans Saints on Monday and then announced his retirement after 11 seasons in the NFL.

Fujita signed his contract in Machu Picchu, which is located in the Andes Mountains in Peru. He's there with former Saints teammate Steve Gleason, who is battling Lou Gehrig's Disease.

In a statement from the team, Fujita said he couldn't think of a better place to be to announce his retirement.

"What better place to reach the end of the road than here at 10,000 feet above sea level, in the Peruvian Andes overlooking Machu Picchu with my dear friend Steve Gleason?"

Fujita was one of four players suspended by the NFL in its investigation of the Saints' bounty program but fought to clear his name of the three-game ban. Commissioner Roger Goodell later reduced Fujita's suspension to one game before the suspensions of all players implicated were later vacated by former commissioner Paul Tagliabue.

The 33-year-old Fujita, who played for the Cleveland Browns the past three seasons, helped the Saints win a Super Bowl during his time with the team (2006-09).

Fujita was credited with four tackles in the Saints' 31-17 victory over the Indianapolis Colts in Super Bowl XLIV. He also played for the Kansas City Chiefs and Dallas Cowboys.

He has 767 tackles, 23.5 sacks, 11 forced fumbles and seven interceptions in 143 career games.

"I've been fortunate to play in this league for a long time and for some great organizations, but there is no doubt that my times spent in New Orleans were some of the best years of my life," Fujita said in the statement.

"The way the team and the community embraced us when we first arrived, and the way they continue to do so, even today, shows how deep this connection is. I'm honored to be a part of this organization and so proud to retire as a New Orleans Saint."

General manager Mickey Loomis and coach Sean Payton pointed out in the team's statement that Fujita was the first player the team signed in free agency after Payton became the team's coach in 2006.

"It was an important acquisition for us, getting a player of his caliber to come to New Orleans despite the conditions [post-Hurricane Katrina] for a number of reasons because he saw an opportunity to become involved in the rebuilding of the city, yet quickly realized how important the team was to that effort," Loomis said.

Payton called Fujita "a cornerstone of the foundation that we've built and we won a World Championship together.

"It's been said that when you win a championship together, you walk together for the rest of your lives and that's certainly appropriate to celebrate on a day like today."

broncosteven
04-22-2013, 05:09 PM

I think Freeny is the target of those 2. I saw something in the post today that said they could bring Brooking back if they don't draft a LB but wasn't sure if it was just speculation or not.

Inkana7
04-23-2013, 12:33 PM

1) Although drafted as a Chief...he wanted nothing to do with that pathetic franchise and retired as a Saint.

2) Loved the comment by someone that commented that Scott was able to get his contract signed and faxed in from Machu Picchu....while Doom couldn't manage it from Kinkos in Miami.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9200018/scott-fujita-signs-new-orleans-saints-andes-mountains-retires

Scott Fujita retires as a Saint

Linebacker Scott Fujita signed a one-day contract with the New Orleans Saints on Monday and then announced his retirement after 11 seasons in the NFL.

Fujita signed his contract in Machu Picchu, which is located in the Andes Mountains in Peru. He's there with former Saints teammate Steve Gleason, who is battling Lou Gehrig's Disease.

In a statement from the team, Fujita said he couldn't think of a better place to be to announce his retirement.

"What better place to reach the end of the road than here at 10,000 feet above sea level, in the Peruvian Andes overlooking Machu Picchu with my dear friend Steve Gleason?"

Fujita was one of four players suspended by the NFL in its investigation of the Saints' bounty program but fought to clear his name of the three-game ban. Commissioner Roger Goodell later reduced Fujita's suspension to one game before the suspensions of all players implicated were later vacated by former commissioner Paul Tagliabue.

The 33-year-old Fujita, who played for the Cleveland Browns the past three seasons, helped the Saints win a Super Bowl during his time with the team (2006-09).

Fujita was credited with four tackles in the Saints' 31-17 victory over the Indianapolis Colts in Super Bowl XLIV. He also played for the Kansas City Chiefs and Dallas Cowboys.

He has 767 tackles, 23.5 sacks, 11 forced fumbles and seven interceptions in 143 career games.

"I've been fortunate to play in this league for a long time and for some great organizations, but there is no doubt that my times spent in New Orleans were some of the best years of my life," Fujita said in the statement.

"The way the team and the community embraced us when we first arrived, and the way they continue to do so, even today, shows how deep this connection is. I'm honored to be a part of this organization and so proud to retire as a New Orleans Saint."

General manager Mickey Loomis and coach Sean Payton pointed out in the team's statement that Fujita was the first player the team signed in free agency after Payton became the team's coach in 2006.

"It was an important acquisition for us, getting a player of his caliber to come to New Orleans despite the conditions [post-Hurricane Katrina] for a number of reasons because he saw an opportunity to become involved in the rebuilding of the city, yet quickly realized how important the team was to that effort," Loomis said.

Payton called Fujita "a cornerstone of the foundation that we've built and we won a World Championship together.

"It's been said that when you win a championship together, you walk together for the rest of your lives and that's certainly appropriate to celebrate on a day like today."

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIeIjB-CUAEZHdN.jpg

^That's the best part of this story.

Johnykbr
04-23-2013, 12:41 PM

Did he demand the trade to the Cowboys or did the Chiefs just undervalue him?

Lestat
04-23-2013, 12:48 PM
I think Freeny is the target of those 2. I saw something in the post today that said they could bring Brooking back if they don't draft a LB but wasn't sure if it was just speculation or not.

hopefully it's speculation. we don't need to rely on that for a 2nd season in a row. we need to either draft a MLB or Irving needs to be the MLB we expected him to be when he was drafted.

DBroncos4life
04-23-2013, 01:15 PM
Britton Colquitt - P - Broncos

Broncos re-signed restricted free agent P Britton Colquitt to a one-year, $1.323 million contract.
One of the top punters in the league, Colquitt was third in net punting average at 42.1 yards last season.

Paladin
04-23-2013, 02:11 PM
Well, unless they bring someone in, Colquit has the job locked up.....

Just saying........

baja
04-23-2013, 02:50 PM
Well, unless they bring someone in, Colquit has the job locked up.....

Just saying........

Well just year to year...

broncosteven
04-24-2013, 02:43 PM
How did I not hear about the Revis trade before today?

Everyone seems to be glossing over this, or did I miss something?

SouthStndJunkie
04-26-2013, 01:35 AM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi

Broncos are still actively courting Freeney. Next 48 hours may accelerate that process.

Lestat
04-26-2013, 08:46 AM
How did I not hear about the Revis trade before today?

Everyone seems to be glossing over this, or did I miss something?

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIwOJA2qdtOql9xNyWFRRFU9_LDu0zg JbvISfd-eeK3p7iiHkq0w

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi

Broncos are still actively courting Freeney. Next 48 hours may accelerate that process.

at this point i hope we take a DE and tell him to bounce.

SouthStndJunkie
04-27-2013, 06:37 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22144870/report-dolphins-trade-wr-davone-bess-to-the-browns

Dolphins trade WR Davone Bess to the Browns

SouthStndJunkie
04-27-2013, 06:39 AM
That's a solid move by the Browns and the price was right.

Bess has 321 receptions in 5 seasons.

SouthStndJunkie
04-29-2013, 11:02 AM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Bills announced that the team has traded LB Kelvin Sheppard to the Indianapolis Colts for LB Jerry Hughes.

underrated29
04-29-2013, 11:28 AM
I saw somehwere that Legarrette Blount has been traded to NE for Rb/KR Jeff Demps

TheReverend
04-29-2013, 11:38 AM
I saw somehwere that Legarrette Blount has been traded to NE for Rb/KR Jeff Demps

3rd team in one season?

Mediator12
04-29-2013, 11:40 AM
3rd team in one season?

I thought he was ineligible ;D

gyldenlove
04-29-2013, 12:00 PM

This is how the trade went down:

Belichick: "Mark, listen up, we want to swing a trade for this guy Demps, he doesn't want to play football but he can run like a mother****er."

Mark Dominik: "Bill, long time no see, how is the family holding up? did you ever get that snafu with Faust sorted out?"

Belichick: "Doing just fine, been drinking the blood of the innocent just like the Dr ordered. That whole Faust business is taken care of now. Listen, Mark, Demps, the kids love him and he played in Florida recently so some of your fans may still remember his name, at least the ones who aren't outright senile."

Mark Dominik: "Hmmm, well we could use a fast guy for sure, but if he doesn't want to play football I can't really offer you much in return. How about this though, you get our slow fat guy who shows up late, and we get your skinny fast guy who doesn't show up at all?"

Belichick: "You got a deal broseph, I knew we could work something out."

Kaylore
04-29-2013, 01:15 PM
This is how the trade went down:

Belichick: "Mark, listen up, we want to swing a trade for this guy Demps, he doesn't want to play football but he can run like a mother****er."

Mark Dominik: "Bill, long time no see, how is the family holding up? did you ever get that snafu with Faust sorted out?"

Belichick: "Doing just fine, been drinking the blood of the innocent just like the Dr ordered. That whole Faust business is taken care of now. Listen, Mark, Demps, the kids love him and he played in Florida recently so some of your fans may still remember his name, at least the ones who aren't outright senile."

Mark Dominik: "Hmmm, well we could use a fast guy for sure, but if he doesn't want to play football I can't really offer you much in return. How about this though, you get our slow fat guy who shows up late, and we get your skinny fast guy who doesn't show up at all?"

Belichick: "You got a deal broseph, I knew we could work something out."

:spit:

SouthStndJunkie
04-30-2013, 01:16 PM

Jaguars former first-round pick WR Justin Blackmon is being suspended four games by the NFL, per league sources.

Rohirrim
04-30-2013, 01:47 PM

Jaguars former first-round pick WR Justin Blackmon is being suspended four games by the NFL, per league sources.

Which is why I didn't take him in last year's OM draft. You could see this **** coming a mile down the road. Same with Tyrann and Ogletree this year.

maven
04-30-2013, 03:04 PM

That will hurt is FF. Nice low round pick now.

broncosteven
04-30-2013, 04:02 PM

He needs to borrow DJ's Wizzinator.

Lestat
04-30-2013, 04:03 PM
Gabbert is so not starting now. Blackmon was his only hope and he still played better when Henne was the QB and not Blaine.

Kaylore
04-30-2013, 04:05 PM
He needs to borrow DJ's Wizzinator.

Hilarious! I remember that thing. Didn't someone from the Vikings get arrested in an airport with one?

TheReverend
04-30-2013, 04:35 PM
Hilarious! I remember that thing. Didn't someone from the Vikings get arrested in an airport with one?

lol yeah and they called him the Whizzinator from there on out.

Lestat
04-30-2013, 04:55 PM

Onterrio Smith from Oregon. Hilarious!

DBroncos4life
04-30-2013, 11:46 PM
Saints | Malcolm Jenkins could be moved to nickel CB
Tue, 30 Apr 2013 17:54:45 -0700

New Orleans Saints general manager Mickey Loomis said Tuesday, April 30, that the team is considering a scenario which will get S Kenny Vaccaro on the field. It would require moving FS Malcolm Jenkins to nickel cornerback on passing downs.

They should just swap us Jenkins or Harper for Tony Carter. :)

ZONA
05-01-2013, 01:31 AM
That will hurt is FF. Nice low round pick now.

I had him last year and it sucked big time. Wasn't as if he was a high pick anyway though, you knew somebody had to throw to him and I knew that guy throwing it to him wasn't even drafted.....hahaha.

cutthemdown
05-01-2013, 02:57 AM
Blackman was at best a 3rd WR/flex option in fantasy anyways. He hasn't turned the corner yet and doesn't play for a good enough offense.

TheReverend
05-01-2013, 06:03 AM
Saints | Malcolm Jenkins could be moved to nickel CB
Tue, 30 Apr 2013 17:54:45 -0700

New Orleans Saints general manager Mickey Loomis said Tuesday, April 30, that the team is considering a scenario which will get S Kenny Vaccaro on the field. It would require moving FS Malcolm Jenkins to nickel cornerback on passing downs.

They should just swap us Jenkins or Harper for Tony Carter. :)

Carter plays outside in the nickel :/

Harris and next years 2 for Vacarro... just to help Mickey out :)

SouthStndJunkie
05-01-2013, 10:22 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/01/reports-cardinals-to-trade-anthony-sherman-to-chiefs/

Reports: Cardinals to trade Anthony Sherman to Chiefs

maven
05-01-2013, 10:29 AM
Blackman was at best a 3rd WR/flex option in fantasy anyways. He hasn't turned the corner yet and doesn't play for a good enough offense.

I had him last year and it sucked big time. Wasn't as if he was a high pick anyway though, you knew somebody had to throw to him and I knew that guy throwing it to him wasn't even drafted.....hahaha.

I think with a low round pick he's a good pickup now. Already one year in the NFL and lets see if Henne starts this year. Both WR's for the Jags picked up when Henne played.

ZONA
05-01-2013, 11:14 AM
I think with a low round pick he's a good pickup now. Already one year in the NFL and lets see if Henne starts this year. Both WR's for the Jags picked up when Henne played.

Yeah, he's decent bench material. Somebody you can sub in during bye weeks.

SouthStndJunkie
05-01-2013, 11:49 AM

Chiefs announced they traded cornerback Javier Arenas to the Arizona Cardinals in exchange for fullback Anthony Sherman.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Double ouch. RT @adamteicher: Arenas was player Chiefs drafted with pick obtained from Falcons in 2010 for Tony Gonzalez

oubronco
05-01-2013, 12:18 PM
LOL Idiots

broncosteven
05-01-2013, 01:26 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/01/reports-cardinals-to-trade-anthony-sherman-to-chiefs/

kFc is loading up on FB's, sounds like they are going to run a ton of I formations this year which seems odd because Charles makes his yardage in space on the outside. should be interesting to see them try to make him an inside pounder.

Kaylore
05-01-2013, 01:27 PM

Chiefs announced they traded cornerback Javier Arenas to the Arizona Cardinals in exchange for fullback Anthony Sherman.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Double ouch. RT @adamteicher: Arenas was player Chiefs drafted with pick obtained from Falcons in 2010 for Tony Gonzalez

http://a.fn.fncdn.com/images/content/4/201204091412/pbvwxj.jpg

Tombstone RJ
05-01-2013, 01:54 PM
Andy Reid won't be happy until he has the best damn fullbacks in the NFL because you never know when you'll need more than one. He's designing a whole new offense around this under used and super productive position. That, and they make great punt protectors.

broncosteven
05-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Andy Reid won't be happy until he has the best damn fullbacks in the NFL because you never know when you'll need more than one. He's designing a whole new offense around this under used and super productive position. That, and they make great punt protectors.

Hmmm... what other famous punt protector is available...

underrated29
05-01-2013, 03:55 PM
Well they do have Cyrus Gray and just drafted the all too talented all too vaginal Kniles Davis....

Maybe reid wants to split charles time.

underrated29
05-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Hmmm... what other famous punt protector is available...

Peyton MF Hillis
Hilarious!

FearLanier
05-01-2013, 04:22 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏ @ RapSheet 5m
From Total Access: I'm told parties view Branden Albert deal as "dead." Chiefs will now turn their attention to a long-term deal for Albert.

Great deal. And this is even better..

Ian Rapoport ‏ @ RapSheet 4m
From Total Access: Source says # Dolphins offered just a third-rounder for Branden Albert, not No. 54 like we all thought. Didn't get it done

Props to John Dorsey. Giving Albert away for only a 3rd is foolish. OL looks much better with both Fisher and Albert on the team.

Lestat
05-01-2013, 05:14 PM
so wait, they just draft a RT #1 overall? i'll all for getting top tier OL talent but damn.

FearLanier
05-01-2013, 05:48 PM
so wait, they just draft a RT #1 overall? i'll all for getting top tier OL talent but damn.

According to reports in KC, Albert will most likely be playing RT (possibly G) while Fisher plays LT.

It's obvious that our coach and GM prefer Fisher. Albert seems to have no choice as of now.

If he's upset and holds out, then he's going to lose a lot of money.

Lestat
05-01-2013, 06:47 PM
According to reports in KC, Albert will most likely be playing RT (possibly G) while Fisher plays LT.

It's obvious that our coach and GM prefer Fisher. Albert seems to have no choice as of now.

so Albert finally agreed to move? i know before he refused to move to RT.

SouthStndJunkie
05-02-2013, 10:13 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/02/mccoy-challenges-old-man-vick-to-race-and-gets-smoked/

McCoy challenges “old man” Vick to race, and gets smoked

Lestat
05-02-2013, 10:44 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/02/mccoy-challenges-old-man-vick-to-race-and-gets-smoked/

McCoy challenges “old man” Vick to race, and gets smoked

see, Vick had a uncle Drew moment. had to teach the young whippersnappers the what for. Hilarious!

Durango
05-02-2013, 11:47 AM

Is KC trying to corner the market on FB's? Don't they already have three or more? What on earth is Andy Reid trying to do?

DBroncos4life
05-02-2013, 12:59 PM
Carter plays outside in the nickel :/

Harris and next years 2 for Vacarro... just to help Mickey out :)

I know, I was looking at teams that could use another CB that have extra players at positions of needs for us. Like The Panthers that are planning on Drayton Florence being a starting CB for them Hilarious! Is Carter worth a LB since they are stacked with them? Jon Beason, AJ Klein, Chase Blackburn, and Luke Kuechly are capable of playing MLB in the NFL(Klein being a wildcard).

DivineLegion
05-02-2013, 01:50 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏ @ RapSheet 5m
From Total Access: I'm told parties view Branden Albert deal as "dead." Chiefs will now turn their attention to a long-term deal for Albert.

Great deal. And this is even better..

Ian Rapoport ‏ @ RapSheet 4m
From Total Access: Source says # Dolphins offered just a third-rounder for Branden Albert, not No. 54 like we all thought. Didn't get it done

Props to John Dorsey. Giving Albert away for only a 3rd is foolish. OL looks much better with both Fisher and Albert on the team.

Hahahaha! Remember in the Cheifs suck thread where you were excited about a second from the Dolphins, and I told you they would only settle for a third? You thought the Cheifs had all the leverage in that deal, because you had no idea who was on the Dolphins roster LOL

Typical homerism, overrating your teams players.

DBroncos4life
05-02-2013, 01:55 PM
Bears have four draft picks signed already. They are not messing around!

Marquess Wilson - WR - Bears

Bears agreed to terms with No. 236 overall picks WR Marquess Wilson on a four-year contract.
Wilson (6-foot-2 5/8, 194) didn't play football in 2012 after leaving Washington State and alleging "abuse" against coach Mike Leach. As a junior in 2011, Wilson caught 82 passes for 1,388 yards and 12 touchdowns. He has a realistic shot at seeing significant snaps as a rookie in three-wide sets.

Khaseem Greene - LB - Bears

Bears agreed to terms with No. 117 overall pick OLB Khaseem Greene on a four-year contract.
Greene (6-foot 3/4, 241) plays faster than his 4.71 forty time indicates, and he also has a nose for the football. He led Rutgers with 125 tackles and forced six fumbles as a senior. Greene projects as Lance Briggs' heir apparent at weak-side linebacker, but he'll likely focus on special teams as a rookie.

Bears ink fifth-rounder Mills to 4-year deal

Bears agreed to terms with No. 167 overall pick G/T Jordan Mills on a four-year contract.
Mills is the first draft pick to sign. The Bears moved quickly to lock up their picks in 2012, and are expected to do so again this season. GM Phil Emery singled out Mills' versatility as one of the main reasons the Bears drafted him. "We'll probably start him out at right tackle and let him learn a little bit and we'll move him around." Mills has prototypical left-tackle size (6-foot-5, 316 pounds, 34-inch arms), but limited athleticism means he'll stick at right tackle and guard

Bears get sixth-rounder Washington signed

Bears agreed to terms with No. 188 overall pick DE Cornelius Washington on a four-year contract.
Washington (6-foot-4, 265 pounds) lit up the Combine with a 4.55 40-yard dash and 1.60 ten-yard split, but a lack of college production sent him tumbling to the sixth round after he was mocked as high as the third. Washington will back up LE Corey Wootton at a rookie. He's a project.

DBroncos4life
05-02-2013, 01:56 PM
Ravens sneak in and re-sign Bryant McKinnie

Ravens agreed to terms with LT Bryant McKinnie on a two-year contract.
McKinnie had reportedly been weighing offers from the Dolphins and Chargers on Thursday, but the Ravens were lurking in the tall grass and found a way to get the 34-year-old back under contract. It's just another strong signing for GM Ozzie Newsome this offseason. San Diego could turn its attention to free agent Max Starks, while Miami is likely to roll with Jonathan Martin at left tackle. The Ravens offensive line shapes up like this: LT McKinnie, LG Kelechi Osemele, C Gino Gradkowksi, RG Marshal Yanda, and RT Michael Oher.

broncswin
05-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Can't wait to spank the Ratbirds and right the football universe!!

Tim
05-02-2013, 02:48 PM

Smart move, there was a huge difference between their week 15 OL and their week 19 OL

Lestat
05-02-2013, 06:08 PM
smart move by the Bears. get the guys signed and ready to go so your new coach can assess this team properly and get them moving in the direction he desires. plus, they can't afford any distractions after Lovie and Urlacher.

broncosteven
05-02-2013, 07:19 PM

McKinnie had reportedly been weighing offers from the Dolphins and Chargers on Thursday, but the Ravens were lurking in the tall grass and found a way to get the 34-year-old back under contract. It's just another strong signing for GM Ozzie Newsome this offseason. San Diego could turn its attention to free agent Max Starks, while Miami is likely to roll with Jonathan Martin at left tackle. The Ravens offensive line shapes up like this: LT McKinnie, LG Kelechi Osemele, C Gino Gradkowksi, RG Marshal Yanda, and RT Michael Oher.

Ravens should have Franchised him then drafted a LT in the 1st round and then try to trade him for 2nd round pick and threaten to move him to RT, that sounds like that would work every time right?

LOL

FearLanier
05-03-2013, 04:07 PM
Hahahaha! Remember in the Cheifs suck thread where you were excited about a second from the Dolphins, and I told you they would only settle for a third? You thought the Cheifs had all the leverage in that deal, because you had no idea who was on the Dolphins roster LOL

Typical homerism, overrating your teams players.

He is worth a 2nd and that's why he wasn't traded. Now we're keeping a good (but not great OL) to add to another good one we just got and that's making the team better.

Jeff Ireland is a fool if he truly thinks Jonathan Martin is going to be a force at LT IMO.

broncosteven
05-03-2013, 04:30 PM

Report on ESPN's NFL Live today was that Albert was going to play LT and Fisher will start at RT so you did draft a RT 1st overall.

I think it is more a ploy by Reid to placate Albert and get him to show and not hold out.

As of right now all trade options for Albert are dead. If kFc really wanted to move him they should have taken a 3rd and maybe a lower conditional type pick next year in the 3-5 range.

Lestat
05-03-2013, 04:50 PM
Report on ESPN's NFL Live today was that Albert was going to play LT and Fisher will start at RT so you did draft a RT 1st overall.

I think it is more a ploy by Reid to placate Albert and get him to show and not hold out.

As of right now all trade options for Albert are dead. If kFc really wanted to move him they should have taken a 3rd and maybe a lower conditional type pick next year in the 3-5 range.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gif

boltaneer
05-03-2013, 04:53 PM
Well, the Chiefs will probably get a 3rd round compensatory pick for Albert in 2015 now.

FearLanier
05-03-2013, 10:26 PM

I'm not taking his word at 100% right now because I think they are still trying to trade him. It decreases his value to say that he is a RT.

I think Albert is worth more than a 3rd as seen by his pass protection the last 2 years. I think what's holding him back is his price tag though.
Having Albert back is far more valuable than losing him for only a 3rd round pick. I don't think he's elite, but I think he is good.

I think there is no doubt about it that Fisher will be the long term LT. Might start off at RT at first, but I think in 2014 he'll be the LT.

Reid drafted Andrews in the first round to be an OT in tackle but played him at G his first year before moving him to OT, so he has a history of this.

boltaneer
05-04-2013, 06:27 AM
How are the Chiefs going to keep Albert in 2014? He said he wont to move to RT (meaning he wants to be paid like a LT) and you're not going to pay him LT money to play RT.

Next year is supposed to be another big crop for premium LTs so this whole situation is going to come up again, especially since the salary cap isn't expected to go up again next year. Teams will go younger and cheaper (like the Chiefs just did).

DenverBound
05-04-2013, 07:50 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000166778/article/johnathan-cyprien-stands-out-for-jacksonville-jaguars

I was really hoping we were going to snag this kid..

Lestat
05-04-2013, 08:58 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000166778/article/johnathan-cyprien-stands-out-for-jacksonville-jaguars

I was really hoping we were going to snag this kid..

i wanted him but i'll gladly take Sly. too good of a impact DL to pass up at a area of need that's been a need since the early 2000's.

DBroncos4life
05-05-2013, 11:24 AM
Panthers | Open to trading DeAngelo Williams
Sun, 05 May 2013 10:11:38 -0700

Carolina Panthers general manager David Gettleman did not rule out the possibility of trading RB DeAngelo Williams at some point.

He has no trade value, but I wouldn't mind picking him up if he was cut. Dump Moreno and McGahee and roll with Ball, Williams, and Hillman as our 3 RBs with Hester as the utility back.

Requiem
05-05-2013, 11:47 AM
i wanted him but i'll gladly take Sly. too good of a impact DL to pass up at a area of need that's been a need since the early 2000's.

Well, we had no shot on him unless we moved up big time. Glad we got Sylvester Williams and Ball should contribute from Day 1. Now, I'd of gladly moved future picks to get him. 3rd + future 3rd to get Cyprien. Oh ya.

Lestat
05-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Well, we had no shot on him unless we moved up big time. Glad we got Sylvester Williams and Ball should contribute from Day 1. Now, I'd of gladly moved future picks to get him. 3rd + future 3rd to get Cyprien. Oh ya.

i meant that i wanted him in the first round. but since we got Sly i have no issue with not landing him.

broncosteven
05-05-2013, 01:51 PM
Panthers | Open to trading DeAngelo Williams
Sun, 05 May 2013 10:11:38 -0700

Carolina Panthers general manager David Gettleman did not rule out the possibility of trading RB DeAngelo Williams at some point.

He has no trade value, but I wouldn't mind picking him up if he was cut. Dump Moreno and McGahee and roll with Ball, Williams, and Hillman as our 3 RBs with Hester as the utility back.

Unless M. Ball (why not just call him MoneyBall and start the TC love now?) is a total bust in TC I don't see the need anymore.

DBroncos4life
05-05-2013, 02:03 PM
Unless M. Ball (why not just call him MoneyBall and start the TC love now?) is a total bust in TC I don't see the need anymore.

Um we can unload two broken down RBs.

Lestat
05-05-2013, 02:17 PM

Money Ball will be fine. if nothing else he will score in the red zone.
if Williams gets cut i'd be all over him, but he'll likely go to a team with a clearly defined starting role for him.

DBroncos4life
05-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Money Ball will be fine. if nothing else he will score in the red zone.
if Williams gets cut i'd be all over him, but he'll likely go to a team with a clearly defined starting role for him.

Moreno has blown out his knee twice now on 207 touches. He can't be counted on as a back up. Williams is better then at this point in their careers. There is no team left where Williams would be a clear cut starter, at least in Denver he is with a coach he knows and the primary vet back up on a team that could use him.

Lestat
05-05-2013, 02:43 PM
Moreno has blown out his knee twice now on 207 touches. He can't be counted on as a back up. Williams is better then at this point in their careers. There is no team left where Williams would be a clear cut starter, at least in Denver he is with a coach he knows and the primary vet back up on a team that could use him.

like i said, i'd be all over him like a gold digger on a rich athlete.
but he might hold out for a starting job so he can regain some of his lost revenue from being cut.

but realistically, the Panthers can't afford to cut him. their running game was pure **** without him doing well.

DBroncos4life
05-05-2013, 02:53 PM
like i said, i'd be all over him like a gold digger on a rich athlete.
but he might hold out for a starting job so he can regain some of his lost revenue from being cut.

but realistically, the Panthers can't afford to cut him. their running game was pure **** without him doing well.

They drafted Kenjon Barner in the 6th and have tons of money tied up in Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, and Mike Tolbert. Rumors are suggesting that they have been shopping him for over a year now. Seems like he is the odd man out in the eyes of the Panthers FO.

Cito Pelon
05-05-2013, 03:14 PM
Ed Reed has arthroscopic hip surgery. Supposed to be ready for TC.

Steve Spagnuolo signed as defensive assistant with the Ravens.

Tony Sparano signed as OL coach for the Raiders.

Two former HC's, they've fallen a bit. Add in Raheem Morris who I believe is the DB's coach for Washington. Hey, at least JDR is hanging onto his DC position, hasn't fallen as far as those three.

There sure has been a boatload of former HC's lately that have fallen past the Coordinator level.

Rod Marinelli, currently DL coach for the Cowboys. Lovie Smith, not employed at this time. Mike Tice, not employed at this time. Interesting that Marinelli, Lovie, and Tice were just last season the Bears' DC, HC and OC.

Lestat
05-05-2013, 04:20 PM
They drafted Kenjon Barner in the 6th and have tons of money tied up in Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, and Mike Tolbert. Rumors are suggesting that they have been shopping him for over a year now. Seems like he is the odd man out in the eyes of the Panthers FO.

i get that, but every back they have signed currently has injury issues. especially Stewart. they can afford to rely on Stewart to stay healthy, Tolbert to carry the load if one of them is out and a rookie to pick it up if someone can't hack it or gets cut.

Cito Pelon
05-05-2013, 04:39 PM

I wonder how this stem cell treatment will prove out for Moreno. Also, HGH.

Requiem
05-05-2013, 04:42 PM
Williams last resort is getting cut. I don't see anybody trading for him with his salary. I'd easily get rid of McGahee and Ball and bring him into the fold as a back.

DBroncos4life
05-05-2013, 05:03 PM
i get that, but every back they have signed currently has injury issues. especially Stewart. they can afford to rely on Stewart to stay healthy, Tolbert to carry the load if one of them is out and a rookie to pick it up if someone can't hack it or gets cut.

They wouldn't be shopping Williams if they believed that to be true.

I wonder how this stem cell treatment will prove out for Moreno. Also, HGH.

I hope some other team takes the time to find out. There is zero reason for us to have injuries happen and be forced to rely on him. Pick up Williams or Bradshaw and get someone we can count on in a pinch.

Lestat
05-05-2013, 05:18 PM
They wouldn't be shopping Williams if they believed that to be true.

the Panthers owner is cheap as ****. he didn't really spend money on that team for years until they re-signed all their own FA's to big deals to entice fans into thinking he had changed.

the mother would cut Cam Newton to save money if he could get away with it and it didn't affect his bottom line.

broncosteven
05-05-2013, 05:43 PM

Other teams know what we have in KM so there is no trade value for us, if there was any it might have been there last year. Unless someone desperate calls for KM I am guessing he spends as many games inactive as he does active like last year.

DBroncos4life
05-05-2013, 05:47 PM
Other teams know what we have in KM so there is no trade value for us, if there was any it might have been there last year. Unless someone desperate calls for KM I am guessing he spends as many games inactive as he does active like last year.

Cut him. He isn't worth keeping around period.

broncosteven
05-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Cut him. He isn't worth keeping around period.

He gave us a couple good games in relief last year. I hope we don't need it now with a young MONEYBall to tote the rock. Still his contract ends after this season so might as well pay him not to dress and then let him try to get kFc to sign him next year.

DBroncos4life
05-05-2013, 06:02 PM
He gave us a couple good games in relief last year. I hope we don't need it now with a young MONEYBall to tote the rock. Still his contract ends after this season so might as well pay him not to dress and then let him try to get kFc to sign him next year.

That was before his latest knee problems. I was wrong on the total of touches between knee surgeries. It was only 159 touches and he needed more work to his knee. We can't count on him period. I don't know why you want to keep this turd around when there are better uses of our roster space.

broncosteven
05-05-2013, 07:26 PM
That was before his latest knee problems. I was wrong on the total of touches between knee surgeries. It was only 159 touches and he needed more work to his knee. We can't count on him period. I don't know why you want to keep this turd around when there are better uses of our roster space.

I can't believe that I am defending KM after relentless bashing since his rookie year. I would love to see JJ beat him out of a job but I think the staff knows what he gives them and if he can hang on to a job and sit inactive until needed then fine.

I would not morn the day he was cut believe me!

DBroncos4life
05-07-2013, 01:17 PM
Director of player personnel Matt Russell says the Broncos liked Alabama RB Eddie Lacy, but "backed off" due to concerns about his 2012 toe injury and "how many years he could play."
Lacy was popularly mocked to the Broncos, but they ended up selecting Wisconsin's Montee Ball before the Packers scooped him at No. 61. Viewed as the No. 1 running back for a majority of the pre-draft process, it's clear teams took Lacy's 2012 toe/foot operation much more seriously than draftniks. Regardless, Lacy claims he's now 100 percent healthy, and should be motivated by his draft tumble. He's landed in an excellent spot.

Broncos executive VP John Elway compares Montee Ball's running style to Terrell Davis'.
"Obviously, that got us real excited," Elway said on a conference call with season-ticket holders. Davis, not coincidentally, is who Ball says he modeled his game after. The former MVP and 2,000-yard club member is a good role model for a running back, but the Broncos have to hope Ball's career trajectory takes a different path than Davis', who carried the ball just 312 times after his age-26 season. It's a legitimate concern that Ball's 983 college touches will lead to a short NFL career.

The Broncos are "confident" they'll reach a long-term agreement with unsigned franchise player LT Ryan Clady.
"We want him here," director of player personnel Matt Russell said. Recovering from shoulder surgery, Clady has yet to sign his one-year, $9.828 million tender. The sides have until July 15 to hammer out a long-term pact.

Executive VP John Elway confirms Robert Ayers will be the Broncos' starting right end.
With the Broncos out of the mix for Dwight Freeney and John Abraham, Ayers will slide into Elvis Dumervil's old spot after Shaun Phillips was signed to be a nickel rusher. Ayers should cede snaps to Phillips on passing downs

Lestat
05-07-2013, 01:42 PM
basically confirms a lot of what we already suspected or semi knew.

DBroncos4life
05-07-2013, 02:18 PM
basically confirms a lot of what we already suspected or semi knew.

It's a slow week ;D

Lestat
05-07-2013, 02:54 PM
It's a slow week ;D

oh i'm not complaining. i actually like when things are officially confirmed.
it leads to informed discussion instead of wild speculation.

DBroncos4life
05-07-2013, 10:04 PM
Titus Young - WR - Free Agent

Free agent WR Titus Young was arrested twice in 15 hours last Sunday.
The troubled ex-Lion was busted for drunk driving at 12:01 Sunday morning in Moreno Valley, Cal. He was then arrested again 15 hours later after he was caught trying to steal his impounded Mustang from a tow-company lot. It's the exact kind of confounding, short-sighted behavior that earned Young his walking papers from the Lions less than two years after he was a second-round pick. Young needs to get serious help before his life spirals completely out of control

LOL he is doing work!

oubronco
05-08-2013, 05:59 AM
Before it spirals out of control?

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-08-2013, 08:45 AM
Seems the new 49er stadium is leaning toward naming it Levi's stadium. Would be sweet if they named it Apple iStadium.

DBroncos4life
05-08-2013, 01:15 PM
Ronde Barber - DB - Buccaneers

Ronde Barber has decided to retire.
"I've had a better run than I ever could've dreamed," Barber told FOX Sports' Jay Glazer. One of the longest tenured players in the NFL, Barber is hanging it up after 16 seasons. A three-time All Pro, Barber helped the Bucs to Super Bowl XXXVII win, and holds the record for most consecutive starts by a defensive back (215). Barber showed well as a safety last season, but would have returned as a reserve after the Bucs added Dashon Goldson and Johnthan Banks. Barber should be enshrined in the Bucs' Ring of Honor, but his Hall-of-Fame candidacy is harder to quantify. He benefited from playing for an all-time great defense during his prime, and wasn't an elite player the second half of his career. If not for his durability and longevity, Barber would be a borderline, at best, candidate for Canton. Those qualities are likely to put him over the top, however.

Lestat
05-08-2013, 04:24 PM
Titus Young - WR - Free Agent

Free agent WR Titus Young was arrested twice in 15 hours last Sunday.
The troubled ex-Lion was busted for drunk driving at 12:01 Sunday morning in Moreno Valley, Cal. He was then arrested again 15 hours later after he was caught trying to steal his impounded Mustang from a tow-company lot. It's the exact kind of confounding, short-sighted behavior that earned Young his walking papers from the Lions less than two years after he was a second-round pick. Young needs to get serious help before his life spirals completely out of control

LOL he is doing work!

this is beyond Flava clown. this fool is straight up stupid.
i don't get some of these guys. you get paid to play a sport you love, you can have anything you want and anyone you want for the most part and you act a damn fool?

some people just shouldn't have money.

SouthStndJunkie
05-14-2013, 11:51 AM
Former Dallas Cowboys running back Felix Jones signed a one-year deal with the Philadelphia Eagles on Tuesday, the team announced.

FearLanier
05-14-2013, 03:23 PM
Chiefs signed former Nevada Coach Chris Ault to be a consultant.

He ran the option extremely well at Nevada with Colin Kaepernick and has some other ideas.

This is one of the best offensive coaching staff's in the NFL IMO. Reid at HC, Pederson as OC and Brad Childress and Chris Ault as consultants.

TonyR
05-14-2013, 03:29 PM
This is one of the best offensive coaching staff's in the NFL IMO. Reid at HC, Pederson as OC and Brad Childress and Bob Ault as consultants.

Now if you just had a QB to run it...

Lestat
05-14-2013, 03:31 PM
Now if you just had a QB to run it...

Alex Smith isn't exactly hot garbage. i don't like the Chiefs but i really don't get the Smith hate. he's not a superstar by any means but he's a nice QB.

lolcopter
05-14-2013, 03:33 PM
Alex Smith is a rich man's Kyle Orton

SouthStndJunkie
05-14-2013, 03:36 PM
Chuck Muncie, a standout running back with the New Orleans Saints and a three-time Pro Bowl selection, died of a heart attack on Monday. He was 60.

FearLanier
05-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Alex Smith seems to be pretty capable with his feet.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E3szXpKYCVo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lolcopter
05-14-2013, 03:43 PM
...on that ONE play

TonyR
05-14-2013, 03:44 PM
Alex Smith isn't exactly hot garbage. i don't like the Chiefs but i really don't get the Smith hate. he's not a superstar by any means but he's a nice QB.

He's not terrible. Good mobility, doesn't make a lot of mistakes. But he's not all that good either, and I think Harbaugh makes his QB's look a lot better than they are.

peacepipe
05-14-2013, 03:47 PM
He's not terrible. Good mobility, doesn't make a lot of mistakes. But he's not all that good either, and I think Harbaugh makes his QB's look a lot better than they are.

The same can be said about Reid. McNabb & ,Kolb come to mind. McNabb looked pretty damn good until he left Philly. Kolb got a big payday cause of Reid as well.

FearLanier
05-14-2013, 03:51 PM
...on that ONE play

Alex Smith ran a lot in college. He's also been a consistently good running QB in the NFL. Kinda like Aaron Rodgers, not running a lot like RG3 or Newton.

lolcopter
05-14-2013, 03:54 PM
Well, when you have a noodle arm you gotta make up for it in other places I guess

TonyR
05-14-2013, 03:56 PM
McNabb looked pretty damn good until he left Philly. Kolb got a big payday cause of Reid as well.

I don't completely disagree, but to be fair McNabb was old and washed up when he left Philly.

broncosteven
05-14-2013, 07:05 PM
Chiefs signed former Nevada Coach Chris Ault to be a consultant.

He ran the option extremely well at Nevada with Colin Kaepernick and has some other ideas.

This is one of the best offensive coaching staff's in the NFL IMO. Reid at HC, Pederson as OC and Brad Childress and Chris Ault as consultants.

They said on NFL live they brought them in to talk about the pistol and spread to both the O and D. Sounds like they are desperate to find something to work.

They also asked Reid about "Taco Tuesday's" he said it wasn't his idea in Philly and he never liked it much but he said they were keeping "Junk Food Fridays", big surprise there!

broncosteven
05-14-2013, 07:07 PM

Who was one year from busting out of the NFL. When you get replaced by a 2nd year starter who almost wins a SB you know your replaceable.

errand
05-14-2013, 07:28 PM
Who was one year from busting out of the NFL. When you get replaced by a 2nd year starter who almost wins a SB you know your replaceable.

Every player is replaceable.....it just takes some longer than others to be replaced.

Lestat
05-14-2013, 07:46 PM

that team almost went to the SB with smith last season and without the **** ups by their KR/PR would have. so if you're going to use that logic then Kaep will be replaced pretty soon by a better QB.

broncosteven
05-14-2013, 08:10 PM
that team almost went to the SB with smith last season and without the **** ups by their KR/PR would have. so if you're going to use that logic then Kaep will be replaced pretty soon by a better QB.

Yep, I felt the same way about the 80's 49ers also.

KCStud
05-14-2013, 08:13 PM
Yep, I felt the same way about the 80's 49ers also.

Well, Joe Montana was on the trade block during the offseason Elway was drafted.

Didn't know that until I saw the 30 for 30.

lolcopter
05-14-2013, 08:22 PM
Well, Joe Montana was on the trade block during the offseason Elway was drafted.

Didn't know that until I saw the 30 for 30.

no, he wasn't

rewatch the program

walsh would have considered elway if he could have traded montana, but he never would have done it

Smiling Assassin27
05-15-2013, 01:24 PM
More drama in Jets qb camp:

Here we go again.

The circus-like atmosphere surrounding the Jets’ quarterback position is getting a little bit crazier, with a report out today that David Garrard, who was brought in to provide some veteran leadership and stability, has told teammates today that he is planning to leave the team.

According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, Garrard told two teammates he no longer plans to be with the Jets. It is unclear whether that’s because he plans to retire, if he’s been told he’s getting cut, or if something else has happened. According to the Jets, Garrard is still on the roster.

Asked about the story, Garrard told NFL Network’s Jeff Darlington:,”I’m not talking about that right now. Maybe tomorrow or the next day.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/15/report-david-garrard-tells-teammates-hes-leaving-the-jets/

Smiling Assassin27
05-15-2013, 01:28 PM
Josina Anderson ‏@JosinaAnderson 31s

---->RT @AdamSchein: Text from Garrard: "Having to call it quits. My knee is not holding up. Continuing to swell after practices

Tebow effect.

peacepipe
05-15-2013, 01:49 PM
I don't completely disagree, but to be fair McNabb was old and washed up when he left Philly.

He was 32/33 yrs old when he left Philly. Hardly old & washed up for a QB.

Smiling Assassin27
05-15-2013, 01:59 PM
anyone know about this guy?

Josina Anderson ‏@JosinaAnderson 1m

--->RT @evansilva: Wow. RT @AdamSchefter Patriots are releasing starting DT Kyle Love, per @MikeReiss.

lolcopter
05-15-2013, 02:16 PM

Spoken like someone who didnt watch mcnabb play over those years

Captain dirtball was completely washed up

bronco militia
05-15-2013, 02:21 PM

rush was right!

http://www.motherjones.com/files/legacy/mojoblog/rush_limbaugh.jpg

ROFL!

TonyR
05-15-2013, 03:46 PM

I live in the Philly market and watched it all unfold from start to finish. McNabb was in steady decline. Shanahan is pretty darn good with QB's too and even he couldn't get anything out of him in D.C.

bowtown
05-15-2013, 04:57 PM
anyone know about this guy?

Was just diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. Belichick is a heartless bastard.

peacepipe
05-15-2013, 05:03 PM
Was just diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. Belichick is a heartless bastard.

His diet will change dramatically,no way he's able to keep the weight without doing harm to himself. Bilicheat did him a favor by removing the pressure of keeping at a certain weight.

DBroncos4life
05-15-2013, 05:04 PM
rush was right!

http://www.motherjones.com/files/legacy/mojoblog/rush_limbaugh.jpg

ROFL!

Andy Reid gets so much hype for developing a QB on par with Boomer Easison. QB guru my ass.

FearLanier
05-15-2013, 06:29 PM
Andy Reid gets so much hype for developing a QB on par with Boomer Easison. QB guru my ass.

I don't think you're giving him enough credit. He's done some impressive things with QB's.

broncosteven
05-15-2013, 06:35 PM
I don't think you're giving him enough credit. He's done some impressive things with QB's.

Outside of McNabb who has Reid developed?

Kolb? He is a Huge bust.

The kid who is sitting behind Vick and now a rookie QB? Bust

Now he has a QB who cannot use his legs to buy time on a team that has a weak interior OL. Vick and McNabb were both mobile QBs.

DBroncos4life
05-15-2013, 06:36 PM

Getting high draft picks for scrubs doesn't make you a QB guru, it means there are a couple out of work GMs.

He is a good coach, just I think the hype he gets for QBs is over played.

FearLanier
05-15-2013, 07:03 PM
Getting high draft picks for scrubs doesn't make you a QB guru, it means there are a couple out of work GMs.

He is a good coach, just I think the hype he gets for QBs is over played.

Every QB who Reid has ever had has been drastically better under him than they have anywhere else.

I think that speaks volumes about his ability.

Lestat
05-15-2013, 07:23 PM
McNabb failed in Washington and Minnesota more from lacking the mental side than the decline of him physically.
he limited himself because he didn't want to be seen as a running QB.
once he did that he doomed himself. he did pretty well for a few years and then his limitations were exposed as he got older and older.
now Vick was the opposite, he embraced running too much.

Reid is not a QB guru, he is good at putting QB's in a system and making them look good enough to trade. but all have struggled once they left philly, that is very telling.

Josina Anderson ‏@JosinaAnderson 31s

---->RT @AdamSchein: Text from Garrard: "Having to call it quits. My knee is not holding up. Continuing to swell after practices

Tebow effect.

jets can't get rid of Sanchez to save their life.
though i don't think any QB will do well with that team due to the craptacular offense they have. they have little to no talent on O. they need so many things it's not funny.
but still, the QB play should be a lot better than what Sanchez has shown.

FearLanier
05-15-2013, 07:39 PM
Outside of McNabb who has Reid developed?

Kolb? He is a Huge bust.

The kid who is sitting behind Vick and now a rookie QB? Bust

Now he has a QB who cannot use his legs to buy time on a team that has a weak interior OL. Vick and McNabb were both mobile QBs.

Kolb looked good with Reid. The fact that he has looked awful without Reid is irrelevant.

What you're saying about Vick is true, but he was never that good throwing the ball in Atlanta.

His accuracy went from 52% average in Atlanta to 62% in his first year starting under Reid. He also only had 6 INT's and had a 100 QBR.
His accuracy, QBR and passing yards were much better with Reid than they ever were in Atlanta.

For the first time in Vick's career, he had a respectable year with his arm rather than just his legs, thanks to Reid.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-15-2013, 07:46 PM
Every QB who Reid has ever had has been drastically better under him than they have anywhere else.

I think that speaks volumes about his ability.

Simply. No. Vick? Kolb? Feeley? Detmer? Hall? Mike McMahon? Reid has had plenty of QBs and only McNabb looked somewhat decent. I don't give credit for Favre either since Reid was a coach at other positions besides QB when Favre was winning.

He didnt develop any of those QBs. What he did was mask how bad they were and teams like Miami and Arizona were duped. Maybe he will mask Alex smith like Harbaugh did, and unless you have a Super Bowl roster that's not gonna get it done.

broncosteven
05-15-2013, 07:58 PM
Kolb looked good with Reid. The fact that he has looked awful without Reid is irrelevant.

What you're saying about Vick is true, but he was never that good throwing the ball in Atlanta.

His accuracy went from 52% average in Atlanta to 62% in his first year starting under Reid. He also only had 6 INT's and had a 100 QBR.
His accuracy, QBR and passing yards were much better with Reid than they ever were in Atlanta.

For the first time in Vick's career, he had a respectable year with his arm rather than just his legs, thanks to Reid.

And yet how did Kolb and Vick do in the playoffs?

FearLanier
05-15-2013, 08:05 PM
And yet how did Kolb and Vick do in the playoffs?

Did Kolb even play in a playoff game in Philly?

Vick had a fair game. 2 TD's and 1 INT and just under 300 passing yards. If I remember correctly, the Eagles lost that game in the last minute on a last minute scoring attempt.

Tim
05-15-2013, 08:31 PM
Reid has been overrated for developing QB's since his green bay days with favre even though he was getting holmgren's dry cleaning till favre was already in his prime then got all the accolades for it.

SimonFletcher73
05-15-2013, 09:02 PM
Reid is a regular Bill Walsh at developing QBs if you compare that to his ability of raising his own children.

Bacchus
05-15-2013, 09:08 PM
McNabb failed in Washington and Minnesota more from lacking the mental side than the decline of him physically.
he limited himself because he didn't want to be seen as a running QB.
once he did that he doomed himself. he did pretty well for a few years and then his limitations were exposed as he got older and older.
now Vick was the opposite, he embraced running too much.

Reid is not a QB guru, he is good at putting QB's in a system and making them look good enough to trade. but all have struggled once they left philly, that is very telling.

jets can't get rid of Sanchez to save their life.
though i don't think any QB will do well with that team due to the craptacular offense they have. they have little to no talent on O. they need so many things it's not funny.
but still, the QB play should be a lot better than what Sanchez has shown.

McNabb was so fat he could not run Shanahans hurry up system. He would never get the plays off fast enough. He sat at the LOS caught his breath and then hiked the ball just before the 30 second clock. It pissed Shanahan off he benched him.

extralife
05-15-2013, 09:15 PM

Alex Smith is at least as mobile as McNabb was for the majority of his career

boltaneer
05-16-2013, 12:09 AM
Reid is a regular Bill Walsh at developing QBs if you compare that to his ability of raising his own children.

Wow. Low blow.

boltaneer
05-16-2013, 12:16 AM
I think Reid did an fairly impressive job with Vick, though that was short lived.

AJ Feeley and Kolb never developed into anything good.

McNabb and Farve would have been superstars on any team.

He's great at fleecing teams for backup quarterbacks. Kind of ironic since most people feel he got fleeced this time with Alex Smith.

DBroncos4life
05-17-2013, 08:03 PM
Bruce Irvin - DL - Seahawks

NFL suspended Seahawks DE Bruce Irvin four games for violating the league's policy against performance-enhancing substances.
Irvin has no plans to appeal, admitting he took Adderall without a medical exemption. He'll participate in training camp and preseason, then be barred from all Seahawks activities until Week 5. Irvin, the 15th overall pick in last year's draft, registered eight sacks and a forced fumble as a nickel-rushing rookie. For the first month of the season, at least, Seattle is deep enough to withstand Irvin's loss after adding Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett to their pass-rushing corps.

Third player busted from the Hawks in two years. Yeah no wonder that D is so good.

pricejj
05-17-2013, 08:27 PM
Third player busted from the Hawks in two years. Yeah no wonder that D is so good.

I would expect nothing less from a Pete Carroll coached team.

Lestat
05-17-2013, 09:12 PM
Bruce Irvin - DL - Seahawks

NFL suspended Seahawks DE Bruce Irvin four games for violating the league's policy against performance-enhancing substances.
Irvin has no plans to appeal, admitting he took Adderall without a medical exemption. He'll participate in training camp and preseason, then be barred from all Seahawks activities until Week 5. Irvin, the 15th overall pick in last year's draft, registered eight sacks and a forced fumble as a nickel-rushing rookie. For the first month of the season, at least, Seattle is deep enough to withstand Irvin's loss after adding Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett to their pass-rushing corps.

in the words of Eddie Guerrero. "If you're not cheating, you're not trying."

DENVERDUI55
05-17-2013, 09:54 PM
Reid being a so called QB guru is a myth.

Kaylore
05-17-2013, 11:35 PM

I've seen posts like this before about Reid and his kids. It's incredibly judgmental and insensitive. I've never heard of Reid being abusive and his sons don't blame him or their mother for the way their lives played out, at least not publicly. That doesn't mean Reid didn't have a hand in their development, but people looking at a kid and then saying "they have horrible parents. It's all their fault" is total BS. We have no idea how the Reid family was or what kind of parents they were to their kids. I've met some really cool people with terrible parents. I've met some amazing parents with horrible kids. People ultimately are responsible for their own actions.

KCStud
05-17-2013, 11:44 PM
Reid being a so called QB guru is a myth.

If Reid is a fraud with QB's, I guess Ratty is too.

DENVERDUI55
05-18-2013, 07:53 AM
If Reid is a fraud with QB's, I guess Ratty is too.

Who did he turn into a great QB? McNabb would of been fine with anyone and the rest were mediocre to garbage.

TheReverend
05-18-2013, 08:01 AM
I've seen posts like this before about Reid and his kids. It's incredibly judgmental and insensitive. I've never heard of Reid being abusive and his sons don't blame him or their mother for the way their lives played out, at least not publicly. That doesn't mean Reid didn't have a hand in their development, but people looking at a kid and then saying "they have horrible parents. It's all their fault" is total BS. We have no idea how the Reid family was or what kind of parents they were to their kids. I've met some really cool people with terrible parents. I've met some amazing parents with horrible kids. People ultimately are responsible for their own actions.

"Hard" drugs can completely conquer a person without much difficulty.

broncosteven
05-18-2013, 10:27 AM
Did Kolb even play in a playoff game in Philly?

Vick had a fair game. 2 TD's and 1 INT and just under 300 passing yards. If I remember correctly, the Eagles lost that game in the last minute on a last minute scoring attempt.

That was my point.

Lestat
05-18-2013, 11:03 AM

that's because in general people believe that a person will follow what their parents taught them in times of trouble.
or basically, if the parent taught them right they wouldn't do this because they'd know it was wrong.

that's true in some situations but without knowing the whole scenario it's hard to say it's someone's fault other than that person.
the person makes their own choices regardless of it being a good idea or not.
not everyone has the same moral compass on right, wrong, acceptable or unacceptable.

DBroncos4life
05-18-2013, 01:42 PM
Jason Avant - WR - Eagles

The Eagles have been working WR Jason Avant at defensive back.
Coach Chip Kelly is certainly putting his stamp on the team. We already mentioned how TE Clay Harbor was dabbling at outside linebacker. Avant set a career-high with 53 catches last season, but he's nothing more than a middling slot talent with no big-play ability. The Eagles traded for Arrelious Benn, and Avant might be on the outside looking in at the 53-man roster.

I'm still holding out hope we can send them Tony Carter for something.

Lestat
05-18-2013, 02:00 PM
Jason Avant - WR - Eagles

The Eagles have been working WR Jason Avant at defensive back.
Coach Chip Kelly is certainly putting his stamp on the team. We already mentioned how TE Clay Harbor was dabbling at outside linebacker. Avant set a career-high with 53 catches last season, but he's nothing more than a middling slot talent with no big-play ability. The Eagles traded for Arrelious Benn, and Avant might be on the outside looking in at the 53-man roster.

I'm still holding out hope we can send them Tony Carter for something.

well Chip is leaving no stone unturned but that's insane. Avant is not a DB.

Wes Mantooth
05-18-2013, 03:43 PM
well Chip is leaving no stone unturned but that's insane. Avant is not a DB.

Two years tops

Lestat
05-18-2013, 04:17 PM
Two years tops

i actually think he'll be similar to Harbaugh and be a very good coach.

KCStud
05-18-2013, 06:07 PM
Who did he turn into a great QB? McNabb would of been fine with anyone and the rest were mediocre to garbage.

McNabb is the only real talent he's had to work with, but his work has been impressive.

Jeff Garcia looked fantastic and led them to the playoffs when McNabb got hurt, Kolb looked so good that a team gave up a 2nd and a starting CB for him and he made Vick look like a respectable passer.

I think Alex Smith will be a big test for him though. This will prove his reputation.

errand
05-18-2013, 07:31 PM

I know right? that's like trying to blame Tony Dungy for his kid committing suicide.

IdahoBronco7
05-19-2013, 07:43 AM
You don't have to be abusive or a drug using parent to have your kids turn out bad. The worst thing a parent can do is not spend quality time with their kids....as in being too busy to show them the right path. Being a head coach in the NFL could certainly make a man too busy.

Kaylore
05-19-2013, 03:20 PM
You don't have to be abusive or a drug using parent to have your kids turn out bad. The worst thing a parent can do is not spend quality time with their kids....as in being too busy to show them the right path. Being a head coach in the NFL could certainly make a man too busy.

Nobody knows how much time Andy Reid spent with his kids, including you. And we certainly don't know if this had anything to do with his son's suicide. To suggest anything is speculative, judgmental and immature.

TonyR
05-19-2013, 03:47 PM
McNabb is the only real talent he's had to work with, but his work has been impressive.

Jeff Garcia looked fantastic and led them to the playoffs when McNabb got hurt, Kolb looked so good that a team gave up a 2nd and a starting CB for him and he made Vick look like a respectable passer.

I think Alex Smith will be a big test for him though. This will prove his reputation.

Andy Reid is a decent coach. But he owes a lot of his success to the late Jim Johnson. And he lost two NFC Championship Games as a home favorite (once to the John Fox coached Carolina Panthers), and lost another (to Arizona) that many think they should have won. His act got stale in Philly and the fans were long past ready to move on. It wasn't working any more. Will be interesting to see if he can make it work again somewhere else.

broncosteven
05-19-2013, 06:15 PM
Andy Reid is a decent coach. But he owes a lot of his success to the late Jim Johnson. And he lost two NFC Championship Games as a home favorite (once to the John Fox coached Carolina Panthers), and lost another (to Arizona) that many think they should have won. His act got stale in Philly and the fans were long past ready to move on. It wasn't working any more. Will be interesting to see if he can make it work again somewhere else.

He is the poor mans version of Shanny minus the SB wins.

Rohirrim
05-19-2013, 06:18 PM
He is the poor mans version of Shanny minus the SB wins.

You mean, minus the Elway. ;D

broncosteven
05-19-2013, 06:23 PM
Apparently Freeney is going to sign with SD. Not sure if this was posted, didn't see it in this thread.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/San-Diego-Chargers-Dwight-Freeney-agree-to-2-year-deal-051813

SouthStndJunkie
05-19-2013, 06:39 PM
Apparently Freeney is going to sign with SD. Not sure if this was posted, didn't see it in this thread.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/San-Diego-Chargers-Dwight-Freeney-agree-to-2-year-deal-051813

Prepare your anus!

baja
05-19-2013, 07:40 PM
i hear
TEbow was cut by the Jets!!!

IdahoBronco7
05-19-2013, 09:05 PM
Nobody knows how much time Andy Reid spent with his kids, including you. And we certainly don't know if this had anything to do with his son's suicide. To suggest anything is speculative, judgmental and immature.

Who said anything about this being about his son committing suicide ? I don't know an F'ing thing about Reid, buddy. I am commenting about the parental posts above, nothing judgmental. I know first hand how having a father's love and attention and then it all just goes away feels. So including and to only you, shove that finger you're pointing at me up that nose you're talking down at me with. Your post is immature and speculating that you know best on this site. Funny stuff.

IdahoBronco7
05-19-2013, 09:16 PM
Oh and by the way I only have 131 posts now and you have 41,010, as if that wasn't in the back of your mind. I am here in peace and for the interaction of fellow Bronco fans, not to have someone tell me how chit is. I've been on other sites for years so don't let the post count fool you.

Peace, Love...Broncos !

baja
05-19-2013, 09:38 PM
132 post rule...

Inkana7
05-19-2013, 09:39 PM

Andry Reid is an NFL Head Coach and thus did not spend enough time with his family. All NFL Coaches are awful in this regard, and if they aren't, then they are bad coaches and are fired quickly.

SimonFletcher73
05-19-2013, 09:56 PM
Reid's son died of a heroin overdose. Both of his sons were in prison. Previous to that they were living in his house with weapons and a lot of pills. He had younger children living in the house.

He also probably allowed all of them to watch both Ghostbusters movies while he was at the Eagles complex breaking down Koy Detmer tapes. Guess I should have used the standard obese man joke. No offense!

Kaylore
05-19-2013, 10:06 PM
He also probably allowed all of them to watch both Ghostbusters movies

I take back everything I said.

SimonFletcher73
05-19-2013, 10:11 PM
Ecto Cooler and Vodka. Thug life.

Wes Mantooth
05-19-2013, 11:05 PM
i actually think he'll be similar to Harbaugh and be a very good coach.

It is the biggest coaching experiment in years. I have seen this guy fake a punt on a 4th and 20 from his own 30. Though it worked, I am not sure his risk taking will work the same way at this level.

IdahoBronco7
05-20-2013, 09:51 AM
132 post rule...

Uhmmmmmm........what's that ?

baja
05-20-2013, 10:00 AM
Uhmmmmmm........what's that ?

Long running joke here.

My post is a variation of what started as the "hundred post rule"

a new poster needs to have 100 posts before he can post

All in good fun

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-20-2013, 10:18 AM
Long running joke here.

My post is a variation of what started as the "hundred post rule"

a new poster needs to have 100 posts before he can "make a new thread

All in good fun

Fyp

Lestat
05-20-2013, 04:44 PM
It is the biggest coaching experiment in years. I have seen this guy fake a punt on a 4th and 20 from his own 30. Though it worked, I am not sure his risk taking will work the same way at this level.

nothing wrong with having balls. his success will come from his ability to reach the players and teach them the things they need.
if he can't do that then he will flame out.
but i think he's a brilliant mind and will adapt to the NFL style.

El Minion
05-20-2013, 05:57 PM

I know right, unless it happens to player (read:black) then it's okay to be speculative, judgmental and immature.

Kaylore
05-20-2013, 07:27 PM
I know right, unless it happens to player (read:black) then it's okay to be speculative, judgmental and immature.

I don't follow. Is this comment ripping on those who excuse everything a player does because they grew up poor?

Lestat
05-20-2013, 08:36 PM
I don't follow. Is this comment ripping on those who excuse everything a player does because they grew up poor?

from what i gather he was saying that people rush to the aid of certain types and rush to judgement on others with no regard to circumstances.

huh??
05-20-2013, 10:01 PM

How much did he pay attention with Vick? It's the little things that kill.
I saw this on Twitter:

“So I showed him how I was running with it, and he looked at it and he knocked the ball right out of my hands. And he was like, ‘Hold it like this.’ And what he told me felt comfortable. I had a tighter grip on the football. That should secure that problem as long as I work on it.” -Michael Vick

Over the weekend, Chip Kelly taught Michael Vick how to properly hold a football. Seriously.

baja
05-20-2013, 10:32 PM
How much did he pay attention with Vick? It's the little things that kill.
I saw this on Twitter:

“So I showed him how I was running with it, and he looked at it and he knocked the ball right out of my hands. And he was like, ‘Hold it like this.’ And what he told me felt comfortable. I had a tighter grip on the football. That should secure that problem as long as I work on it.” -Michael Vick

Over the weekend, Chip Kelly taught Michael Vick how to properly hold a football. Seriously.

Wow move over Mike Shanahan. ;D

huh??
05-20-2013, 11:23 PM
Wow move over Mike Shanahan. ;D

I'm rather amazed that that didn't happen on the first day of his rookie year!

baja
05-20-2013, 11:45 PM
I'm rather amazed that that didn't happen on the first day of his rookie year!

One would think... How does that get missed with a qb that running is his specialty

cmhargrove
05-21-2013, 08:46 AM
Imagine you've been drafted into the NFL.

Congrats, by the way. That's a nice achievement. Buy your mom a house.

Now, imagine you were drafted by a team other than the team you grew up rooting for. Imagine the team that now employs you is the arch-rival of your favorite team. How quickly would you be able to abandon allegiances?

Perhaps we should ask Keenan Allen. The rookie wide receiver -- a third-round choice by the San Diego Chargers -- recently posted a Vine video of himself sipping on a beverage while wearing a black Oakland Raiders cap.

The Chargers and Raiders are rivals, of course, going all the way back to their days together in the hardscrabble AFL.

Allen removed the video following an avalanche of criticism. The inevitable mea culpa soon followed.

full story here (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000204847/article/keenan-allen-on-raiders-hat-im-sorry-chargers-fans)

TheReverend
05-21-2013, 08:49 AM
^ LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

SouthStndJunkie
05-21-2013, 08:52 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/21/nfl-considers-making-the-pro-bowl-more-like-a-game-show/

NFL considers making the Pro Bowl “more like a game show”

Kaylore
05-21-2013, 09:02 AM

Now, imagine you were drafted by a team other than the team you grew up rooting for. Imagine the team that now employs you is the arch-rival of your favorite team. How quickly would you be able to abandon allegiances?

Perhaps we should ask Keenan Allen. The rookie wide receiver -- a third-round choice by the San Diego Chargers -- recently posted a Vine video of himself sipping on a beverage while wearing a black Oakland Raiders cap.

The Chargers and Raiders are rivals, of course, going all the way back to their days together in the hardscrabble AFL.

Allen removed the video following an avalanche of criticism. The inevitable mea culpa soon followed.

full story here (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000204847/article/keenan-allen-on-raiders-hat-im-sorry-chargers-fans)

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/keenan-allen-raiders.png

bronco militia
05-21-2013, 09:02 AM

same ****ing smell Hilarious!

bolts fan=chargers fan

broncosteven
05-21-2013, 10:33 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/21/nfl-considers-making-the-pro-bowl-more-like-a-game-show/

They should do a mix of Battle of the network stars with the old Skill position type show they did back in the 70's pair Von Miller up with Scarlett Johansson running an obstacle course in a bathing suit.

razorwire77
05-21-2013, 10:49 AM

This would be awesome. So many players are ultra competitive by nature and many like to gamble. Might as well feed into that. Have player X race player Y. Player X gets 25 grand. Player Y gets 5 grand. Let them **** talk and tweet back and forth. NFC vs. AFC tug-o-war. Winners get a Rolex loser gets nothing. Brady vs. Manning vs. Rodgers throwing accuracy contest. Bench rep contests. Hell, have an AFC vs. NFC dunk contest.

Lestat
05-21-2013, 11:43 AM

insane but they definitely need to make it entertaining.

TheReverend
05-21-2013, 11:48 AM
This would be awesome. So many players are ultra competitive by nature and many like to gamble. Might as well feed into that. Have player X race player Y. Player X gets 25 grand. Player Y gets 5 grand. Let them **** talk and tweet back and forth. NFC vs. AFC tug-o-war. Winners get a Rolex loser gets nothing. Brady vs. Manning vs. Rodgers throwing accuracy contest. Bench rep contests. Hell, have an AFC vs. NFC dunk contest.

If laid out like that I'd watch it for sure.

Rabb
05-21-2013, 11:55 AM

spelling bee

bronco militia
05-21-2013, 11:58 AM
spelling bee

that's racist!!!