PDA

View Full Version : Around The NFL:

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Bmore Manning
03-01-2013, 03:29 PM
Flacco has agreed to a new deal.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-01-2013, 05:00 PM
Flacco has agreed to a new deal.

Highest paid in NFL history. Rahim Moore deserves at least 5m of that

Tombstone RJ
03-01-2013, 05:07 PM
6 year, $120+ with first 3 years guaranteed.

crush17
03-01-2013, 05:41 PM
Criiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikey.

SlyEli
03-01-2013, 05:43 PM
that'll handicap them...good luck signing boldin, ellerbee, reed now

Rother8
03-01-2013, 05:47 PM
Talk about over paying a one hit wonder. Somewhere Trent Dilfer is pissed!

Bigdawg26
03-01-2013, 05:55 PM
6 year, $120+ with first 3 years guaranteed.

SUPER STUPID by the ravens! Signed an average QB to a deal higher than the only real elite QBs in the league (Rogers, Brees, Brady, and Manning). This is gonna set the franchise back a few years!

Rother8
03-01-2013, 06:23 PM
Average quarterbacks get hot too. It's just that after they're done being hot they go back to being average. The Ravens gave Flacco no time to prove that he wouldn't get off that streak next year by not franchising him. Terrible move. Imagine if Alex Smith had stayed the starter and got hot in the post season and got 20 million a year.

There was talk of the Ravens drafting a QB this year around the time where he put up the worst QBR in history against the Texans. Now I'm a hater but Cameron could have been holding him back from average to below average. We'll see next year but as of now I am looking forward to trolling Ravens fans while Flacco puts up another mediocre season.

BroncoBuff
03-01-2013, 07:51 PM
Ravens re-sign Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco ...

Cowboy confirm Tony Romo is their #1 priority ...

Patriots and Brady agree to cap-friendly extension, and ....

http://dvdspindoctor.typepad.com/dvd_spin_doctor/images/2007/05/16/droopy_dog_dvd_blog_giveaway.gif
the cheefs trade a # tooo and
# four for alex smifth. Oooooo....

BroncoInferno
03-04-2013, 01:16 PM
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Chiefs didn't use tag on WR Dwayne Bowe because they didn't have to. Chiefs and Bowe have reached agreement on a five-year deal.
5 minutes ago

Deal with Dwayne Bowe allows Chiefs to tag OL Branden Albert.
4 minutes ago

Chiefs also reached agreement on long-term deal with P Dustin Colquitt. Three potential free agents, all three taken care of.
2 minutes ago

BroncoInferno
03-04-2013, 01:20 PM
^ Those moves by the Chiefs make their #1 pick interesting. Most people have been plugging in an OT under the assumption that Albert was leaving. With Albert back and Winston at RT, which way do they go? Edge-rusher isn't a need with Hali and Houston. They could go with Milliner to plug-in opposite Brandon Flowers. They could make Warmack the first guard to go #1 overall. Or they could go with Shariff Floyd, though he seems like a better 4-3 fit. Star Lotulelei is a better fit in the 3-4 if he gets his medical situation cleared up. To me, it's between those four guys.

Tombstone RJ
03-04-2013, 01:21 PM
So I guess kc won't be draft an LT... if rumors are correct they will try to trade down...

BroncoInferno
03-04-2013, 01:25 PM
So I guess kc won't be draft an LT... if rumors are correct they will try to trade down...

They probably won't find a taker unless they're willing to undersell.

Rohirrim
03-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Good luck trading out of the one spot in this draft. Couldn't happen to a nicer team. Ha!

FearLanier
03-04-2013, 01:27 PM
Chiefs have also been in contact with DE Chris Canty and will be looking for a CB in FA. So many ways they can go.

If they don't trade down, they'll take the top player on their board, whoever the hell that may be.

SouthStndJunkie
03-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Nice moves by Kansas City....I figured Dwayne Bowe would be Audi 5000ing it out of Kansas City as soon as he got an opportunity.

Hopefully, he'll pull a Larry Johnson and lose all motivation now that he got his big contract....I'm all for him tossing some drinks in the grill of a few hos as well, L.J. Style.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
03-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Chiefs could still trade Brandon Albert, right? They can always rescind the tag up to a certain point in time.

To me, I think they are still drafting a Left Tackle #1 overall, I think they just want to get some value for Albert instead of letting him test the market for nothing.

DENVERDUI55
03-04-2013, 02:37 PM
Chiefs could still trade Brandon Albert, right? They can always rescind the tag up to a certain point in time.

To me, I think they are still drafting a Left Tackle #1 overall, I think they just want to get some value for Albert instead of letting him test the market for nothing.

Why not just draft a LT and move Albert to G. Their OL could be on par with what it was with Tait and Roaf.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
03-04-2013, 02:42 PM
Why not just draft a LT and move Albert to G. Their OL could be on par with what it was with Tait and Roaf.

I think the main issue there is that Brandon Albert laughed about the possibility of him moving to OG. Stating he was a Left Tackle. That's a locker room distraction just waiting to happen.

DBroncos4life
03-04-2013, 02:55 PM

Or just draft Warmack and have Will Shields and Roaf without the locker room issue.

Rohirrim
03-04-2013, 02:59 PM
Has a guard ever gone #1?

DBroncos4life
03-04-2013, 03:01 PM

No.

broncosteven
03-04-2013, 03:09 PM
Chiefs didn't use tag on WR Dwayne Bowe because they didn't have to. Chiefs and Bowe have reached agreement on a five-year deal.
5 minutes ago

Deal with Dwayne Bowe allows Chiefs to tag OL Branden Albert.
4 minutes ago

Chiefs also reached agreement on long-term deal with P Dustin Colquitt. Three potential free agents, all three taken care of.
2 minutes ago

I admit to being shocked that Bowe stayed. I figured he wanted to go to a winner. I will love watching him continue to be a non-factor and dropping balls in kFc for the rest of his career.

They still need to address Albert, he either has back issues or he doesn't, not sure what it is. I would love to see them grab a DT with the 1st pick just for a laugh. Eventually they might actually find a good one.

crush17
03-04-2013, 03:11 PM
I love how everyone labels Bowe as some sort of "star" receiver.
He's average at best. I have never been impressed.

DBroncos4life
03-04-2013, 03:16 PM
Sorry I guess a OG was taken 1st overall in 1961. CB hasn't been picked number 1 overall.

broncosteven
03-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Sorry I guess a OG was taken 1st overall in 1961. CB hasn't been picked number 1 overall.

The fact is when your picking in the top3 you have to get an impact player. Grabbing a guard or even LT would be a waste with the over all pick.

Not sure there is an impact player this year. I feel even more lucky to get Miller now.

DBroncos4life
03-04-2013, 03:37 PM
The fact is when your picking in the top3 you have to get an impact player. Grabbing a guard or even LT would be a waste with the over all pick.

Not sure there is an impact player this year. I feel even more lucky to get Miller now.

That is why teams draft busts in the top 5 all the time. Get the a all pro and call it a day.

boltaneer
03-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Good moves by the Chiefs.

The smart thing to do now would be to back out of the Alex Smith trade.

bowtown
03-04-2013, 07:10 PM

Robert Gallery.

(yes, I know he was drafted as a tackle)

broncosteven
03-04-2013, 07:15 PM
That is why teams draft busts in the top 5 all the time. Get the a all pro and call it a day.

Good point

Tombstone RJ
03-04-2013, 08:10 PM
Robert Gallery.

(yes, I know he was drafted as a tackle)

lol... and he still sucked.

Lestat
03-04-2013, 08:15 PM
i'd rather have a LT who's an all pro than fail on a Mark Sanchez type.
substance wins championships, not style. a QB is to sell the fans on the future, but if you can't protect that future you end up with David Carr or Tim Couch.

OT's taken in the top 5 or so are generally safe picks who pan out. not all become all pro's but they tend to give you more bang for the buck than the high impact players they tend to glorify in the top 5.

TheReverend
03-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Haha, Honey Badger is selected!

Wayyyyyy too early, but a literal prototype nickel cornerback, DB :)

DBroncos4life
03-04-2013, 08:55 PM

Deion Sanders salesman of the year :afro:

boltaneer
03-04-2013, 09:02 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--sources--aeg-s-downtown-l-a--stadium-proposal-looks-like-a-no-go-for-the-nfl-000059874.html

It never really stood a chance.

FearLanier
03-04-2013, 10:24 PM
I admit to being shocked that Bowe stayed. I figured he wanted to go to a winner. I will love watching him continue to be a non-factor and dropping balls in kFc for the rest of his career.

They still need to address Albert, he either has back issues or he doesn't, not sure what it is. I would love to see them grab a DT with the 1st pick just for a laugh. Eventually they might actually find a good one.

Bowe has always been a playmaking WR. He had drop problems up until 2010 when he finally became consistent.

The only time he ever had good QB play in his career he put up 15 TD's. Put him with a top 10 QB like Manning and he'll give you at least 12 TD's and 1,2500 yards.

As for Albert, he passed a physical after the season ended and had nothing wrong with his back.

bigbucks24
03-04-2013, 11:15 PM
Bowe has always been a playmaking WR. He had drop problems up until 2010 when he finally became consistent.

The only time he ever had good QB play in his career he put up 15 TD's. Put him with a top 10 QB like Manning and he'll give you at least 12 TD's and 1,2500 yards.

As for Albert, he passed a physical after the season ended and had nothing wrong with his back.

12,500 yards? WOW!!

Bacchus
03-05-2013, 01:03 AM

They did good by signing him. Of course he will be tuurning 29 and he signed a 5 year contract so that could bite them, but they needed to keep him on the team if they have any playoff hopes.

broncosteven
03-05-2013, 04:53 PM

That was 3 years ago, have you seen his stats since?

NFL Live had a graphic up Monday that said he 15 TD's in 2010, then 5 in 2011 and 3 last year. The entire team had only 8 passing TD's last year.

You guys bought a WR who had one good year when you could have gone out and actually upgraded the position.

TheReverend
03-05-2013, 05:10 PM

Deion Sanders salesman of the year :afro:

Holy crap did I post this in the entirely wrong thread.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-05-2013, 05:12 PM
That was 3 years ago, have you seen his stats since?

NFL Live had a graphic up Monday that said he 15 TD's in 2010, then 5 in 2011 and 3 last year. The entire team had only 8 passing TD's last year.

You guys bought a WR who had one good year when you could have gone out and actually upgraded the position.

In fairness it's hard for any WR getting good numbers with the type of QBs the chiefs throw onto the field. You can add Alex smith to that list now too. No better example than the emergence of Crabtree after he was benched.

broncosteven
03-05-2013, 05:57 PM
In fairness it's hard for any WR getting good numbers with the type of QBs the chiefs throw onto the field. You can add Alex smith to that list now too. No better example than the emergence of Crabtree after he was benched.

I was waiting for FL or kFcdud to point that out, I was going to point out that Cassell was the QB in 2010.

Brady Quinn has no business being in the NFL, they got worse after he came in, They had a better chance to win with Cassel if he didn't turn it over. I bet Cassel goes somewhere else and is serviceable.

Romeo and his lame staff were the biggest reason that team stunk it up.

Lestat
03-05-2013, 06:38 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--sources--aeg-s-downtown-l-a--stadium-proposal-looks-like-a-no-go-for-the-nfl-000059874.html

It never really stood a chance.

that AEG stadium never made sense unless it was another pro team coming with the NHL. just insane costs and no real chance to recoup the investment.

the real question is, if the rumor is true that the NFL is looking at Chavez Ravine for a NFL team and they want the Dodgers to move. how the hell do they expect to pull that off?

FearLanier
03-05-2013, 07:16 PM
I was waiting for FL or kFcdud to point that out, I was going to point out that Cassell was the QB in 2010.

Brady Quinn has no business being in the NFL, they got worse after he came in, They had a better chance to win with Cassel if he didn't turn it over. I bet Cassel goes somewhere else and is serviceable.

Romeo and his lame staff were the biggest reason that team stunk it up.

Yup. The Chiefs had the worst QB situation last year and it wasn't close.

2011 wasn't much better either.

It's incredible that Bowe had 800 receiving yards last year with no other legit WR's and the clowns we had at QB.

Reid and Dorsey make this team so much better. I have no doubt that Pioli would have lost us Albert and Colquitt while tagging Bowe.

Lestat
03-05-2013, 08:16 PM
Larry Fitzgerald is proof that sometimes it doesn't matter how good you are if your QB stinks. dude is a animal and couldn't go into beast mode to save his life last season.
Bowe will do well with Smith. they just need to address the TE(Tony M hasn't been the same since his injury) position and get some OL help.

TheReverend
03-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Larry Fitzgerald is proof that sometimes it doesn't matter how good you are if your QB stinks. dude is a animal and couldn't go into beast mode to save his life last season.
Bowe will do well with Smith. they just need to address the TE(Tony M hasn't been the same since his injury) position and get some OL help.

Literally the exact same QB situation got him over 1400 and 8 TDs the year prior.

The playcalling was completely atrocious and there was ZERO effort to get him the ball in space.

bigbucks24
03-05-2013, 09:02 PM

It's incredible that Bowe had 800 receiving yards last year with no other legit WR's and the clowns we had at QB.

Reid and Dorsey make this team so much better. I have no doubt that Pioli would have lost us Albert and Colquitt while tagging Bowe.

You do realize that so far, all they have done is trade for a QB that most of the fans hate and resign players from a 2-14 team, right? Smith is the only improvement. Everything else is status quo.

boltaneer
03-05-2013, 09:41 PM

:rofl:

Reid and Dorsey made a horrendous blunder in giving up what they did for Alex Smith. However, I think re-signing Bowe and tagging Albert were smart moves but those guys were on the 2-14 team. These aren't new additions to the team to improve it.

Lestat
03-05-2013, 10:20 PM
Literally the exact same QB situation got him over 1400 and 8 TDs the year prior.

The playcalling was completely atrocious and there was ZERO effort to get him the ball in space.

they had like 4-5 starting QB's this season, injuries, suckage and more suckage killed the rhythm. but it was mostly Kolb and Skelton last season(i think Max Hall played in a game or two but he retired).

you had two QB's alone that produced 7 more INT's than TD's this season in Lindley and Skelton.

FearLanier
03-06-2013, 12:36 AM
:rofl:

Reid and Dorsey made a horrendous blunder in giving up what they did for Alex Smith. However, I think re-signing Bowe and tagging Albert were smart moves but those guys were on the 2-14 team. These aren't new additions to the team to improve it.

I'm thinking they are going to get a QB at some point to replace him after he develops. Unfortunately Alex Smith is the best option for a QB this year.

I think Pioli would have destroyed everything this year. He would have lost all these guys.

I'm interested to see what Reid can do with Smith, though I'm not happy at all with what we're giving up to get him.

Dorsey spoke today and indicated that they have indeed spoken to teams about trading down. Have to wonder if they'll get a quality pick from that trade.

SlyEli
03-06-2013, 06:33 AM
According to schefter, welker will test the free agent market. Could just be a leverage move but will be interesting to see if broncos take a shot at him

Traveler
03-06-2013, 08:17 AM
Report: Eagles to cut Asomugha today
Posted by Mike Florio on March 6, 2013, 10:45 AM EST

The Dream Team is dead. Long live the Dream Team.

Less than 20 months after emerging as the unexpected winner of the Nnamdi Asomugha sweepstakes, the Eagles will release the veteran cornerback, according to Howard Eskin of WIP94 in Philly and FOX29.

UPDATE 10:48: And, of course, there are now multiple reports that Asomugha won’t be released today.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/06/report-eagles-to-cut-asomugha-today/

DBroncos4life
03-06-2013, 08:42 AM
Jarvis Moss is working out with the Cowboys.

Lestat
03-06-2013, 09:57 AM
if Nnamdi gets cut i'd rather us sign him than deal a first + for Revis and have to sign him to a new deal.

SlyEli
03-06-2013, 10:00 AM
if Nnamdi gets cut i'd rather us sign him than deal a first + for Revis and have to sign him to a new deal.

Nnamdi is garbage now. And all the blame gets put on the d coordinator but the truth is you can't like a corner up in press man every play...nnamdi gets beat like a drum when he's not pressing. He's old and washed up. Pass

Lestat
03-06-2013, 10:08 AM
Nnamdi is garbage now. And all the blame gets put on the d coordinator but the truth is you can't like a corner up in press man every play...nnamdi gets beat like a drum when he's not pressing. He's old and washed up. Pass

it was a bad fit in Philly and value wise even though Revis is clearly the better overall player it makes more sense to get Nnamdi since you don't have to deal away any players, picks or sacrifice significant cap space to get him.

if Revis was going for multiple 2nds and some other picks i'd be fine with it.
but a 1st in such a deep draft for areas of need that this team has is insane.
we have many holes to fill and most of the solution has to come through the draft process.

g6matty
03-06-2013, 05:31 PM
ProFootballTalkVerified account
‏@ProFootballTalk
Chiefs are releasing RT Eric Winston, per league source.

guess they want von miller to meet alex smith

winstoncup bronco
03-06-2013, 06:04 PM
According to schefter, welker will test the free agent market. Could just be a leverage move but will be interesting to see if broncos take a shot at him

Would love to see Elway at least kick the tires on this one.

broncosteven
03-07-2013, 10:52 AM
kFc restructures bust DT's contract without extending it!

Jackson cut his salary from $14.72 million to $4.2 million in order to stay with Kansas City in 2013, but the team didn't extend the deal. This is the final year of his contract, and it is guaranteed

More (not much more) here:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000147642/article/tyson-jacksons-contract-restructured-by-kansas-city-chiefs

DENVERDUI55
03-07-2013, 10:57 AM
ProFootballTalkVerified account
‏@ProFootballTalk
Chiefs are releasing RT Eric Winston, per league source.

guess they want von miller to meet alex smith

Well I'm guessing their OT's will be Albert and a number 1 overall pick.

TonyR
03-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Eagles might release DRC also. Younger, good size, athletic. For the right price do you see if you can salvage him? Showed a lot of promise back with the Cards.

Requiem
03-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Kansas City just saved themselves a crap ton of money getting rid of Winston and reducing Jackson's contract. I believe they had 30-35 million before tagging Albert, re-signing Bowe and Colquitt. They just recouped pretty much all that with two swift kicks. They could add a lot of talent in the off-season. Scary.

TonyR
03-07-2013, 11:27 AM
...Scary.

Well, they'll still have Alex Smith as their QB...

DBroncos4life
03-07-2013, 11:28 AM
NFL | Austin Collie might not be 100 percent until October
Wed, 06 Mar 2013 19:48:22 -0800

Free-agent WR Austin Collie (knee) is doing plenty of pool work, leg weight work, and some light running in his rehab from knee surgery. His goal is to be 100 percent ready by the time he reports to training camp for his new team, although it might take until October or so until he is full speed again.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=1#ixzz2MsrUWUBJ

So how about a big NO on this guy Bmore!

Requiem
03-07-2013, 11:29 AM
Well, they'll still have Alex Smith as their QB...

Andy Reid will probably do some good things with him. What they will turn out like remains to be seen, but they have a lot of cap room to make some splashes in FA.

broncosteven
03-07-2013, 01:26 PM
Andy Reid will probably do some good things with him. What they will turn out like remains to be seen, but they have a lot of cap room to make some splashes in FA.

Didn't Reid build "The Dream Team" though FA also?

I hope he spends all that money on FA's.

Requiem
03-07-2013, 01:28 PM
Hoping that KC has Tanahan dafting and FUBAR FA's. DOODLE.

KCStud
03-07-2013, 01:39 PM
Kansas City just saved themselves a crap ton of money getting rid of Winston and reducing Jackson's contract. I believe they had 30-35 million before tagging Albert, re-signing Bowe and Colquitt. They just recouped pretty much all that with two swift kicks. They could add a lot of talent in the off-season. Scary.

They're about to add more when Cassel get's cut next week. Cassel was due $7.25 million next year.

More money to spend!

Lestat
03-07-2013, 02:56 PM
Eagles might release DRC also. Younger, good size, athletic. For the right price do you see if you can salvage him? Showed a lot of promise back with the Cards.

if they're that damn dumb then i'd definitely sign him and let him earn some money on incentives. cheaper than Revis or Nnamdi and more of a long term benefit if he rebounds.

DBroncos4life
03-07-2013, 03:32 PM
Peyton Hillis - RB - Chiefs

The Boston Herald mentions free agents Peyton Hillis and Michael Turner as backup running back options for the Patriots.
Both Hillis and Turner are not expected to garner much interest early on in free agency, but beat writer Jeff Howe thinks they could be nice goal-line backs for New England if the price is right. The Patriots have Brandon Bolden as a bigger back behind Stevan Ridley, but his production was sporadic as a rookie.

Related: Patriots, Michael Turner
Source: Boston Herald

crush17
03-07-2013, 03:38 PM
LOL @ Peyton Hillis going to work under McDaniels again.

Bmore Manning
03-07-2013, 04:23 PM
NFL | Austin Collie might not be 100 percent until October
Wed, 06 Mar 2013 19:48:22 -0800

Free-agent WR Austin Collie (knee) is doing plenty of pool work, leg weight work, and some light running in his rehab from knee surgery. His goal is to be 100 percent ready by the time he reports to training camp for his new team, although it might take until October or so until he is full speed again.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=1#ixzz2MsrUWUBJ

So how about a big NO on this guy Bmore!

LOL!!

I think I read today that he was cleared by a neurologist and given a clean bill of health for the concussions.

And I still say bring him in for the veteran minimum..

Bmore Manning
03-07-2013, 04:25 PM
Patriots are going to pursue Alan Branch and or Samie Lee Hill according to pro football talk..

FearLanier
03-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Chiefs are currently have $12 million cap space. Cassel will be cut next week which will put them slightly over 17.

That's a lot of money to play with in FA.

Lestat
03-07-2013, 05:59 PM
Chiefs are currently have $12 million cap space. Cassel will be cut next week which will put them slightly over 17.

it's also still Andy Reid.

broncosteven
03-07-2013, 09:05 PM

Dream Team 2.0

FearLanier
03-07-2013, 11:07 PM
Dream Team 2.0

I believe that drafting your team is the right way to go. Buying championships just doesn't work anymore.

Cowboys, Eagles and Broncos have proven that in recent years while SB winners have most of their team brought in through the draft, especially their QB's.

TonyR
03-08-2013, 10:35 AM
Sounds like Ellerbe may be staying in Baltimore...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000148773/article/dannell-ellerbe-reportedly-in-line-for-big-ravens-offer

broncswin
03-08-2013, 11:45 AM
I believe that drafting your team is the right way to go. Buying championships just doesn't work anymore.

Cowboys, Eagles and Broncos have proven that in recent years while SB winners have most of their team brought in through the draft, especially their QB's.

Drew brees disagrees.....Biatch

DBroncos4life
03-08-2013, 01:49 PM
MIAMI -- Coming off his best season, Brian Hartline wanted to stay put.

The veteran receiver signed a five-year deal Friday for nearly $31 million to remain with the Miami Dolphins, his agent said. The contract includes $12.5 million guaranteed, agent Drew Rosenhaus said.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9030108/brian-hartline-miami-dolphins-agree-5-year-deal

Requiem
03-08-2013, 01:50 PM
That was a good deal for Miami. Hartline produced big time and was a good target for Tannehill. If they go after Mike Wallace or another guy and draft a dude in the 2-4 round with all their picks, they will be LOADED.

DENVERDUI55
03-08-2013, 02:39 PM
That was a good deal for Miami. Hartline produced big time and was a good target for Tannehill. If they go after Mike Wallace or another guy and draft a dude in the 2-4 round with all their picks, they will be LOADED.

I think that is a lot of money for a guy that got almost 500 of his 1000 yards in 3 games and 250 in a game Arizona couldn't cover him.

Bmore Manning
03-08-2013, 02:44 PM
I think that is a lot of money for a guy that got almost 500 of his 1000 yards in 3 games and 250 in a game Arizona couldn't cover him.

Are you on the clock in the draft..?

DENVERDUI55
03-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Are you on the clock in the draft..?

I guess I was the out of place draft pick through me off and someone usually pm me.

FearLanier
03-08-2013, 08:15 PM
Chiefs signed CB Dunta Robinson.

Bigdawg26
03-08-2013, 08:29 PM

You mean http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/3125/121677-188328-powdered-toast-man_large.jpg

broncosteven
03-08-2013, 08:56 PM

I thought FA didn't start until Tuesday or Wednesday?

Oh well, kFc getting a head start on signing busts and hasbeens on their way to Dream Team 2.0.

NFL.com's Albert Breer reports, citing a source close to the player, that Dunta Robinson has reached an agreement with the Chiefs on a three-year deal. The former Falcons defensive back was released by Atlanta earlier this month in a cap-saving move that slashed $9 million off the books. The Falcons also got rid of a largely disappointing performer.

More here:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000148991/article/dunta-robinson-kansas-city-chiefs-agree-to-contract

FearLanier
03-08-2013, 09:34 PM
I thought FA didn't start until Tuesday or Wednesday?

Oh well, kFc getting a head start on signing busts and hasbeens on their way to Dream Team 2.0.

NFL.com's Albert Breer reports, citing a source close to the player, that Dunta Robinson has reached an agreement with the Chiefs on a three-year deal. The former Falcons defensive back was released by Atlanta earlier this month in a cap-saving move that slashed $9 million off the books. The Falcons also got rid of a largely disappointing performer.

More here:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000148991/article/dunta-robinson-kansas-city-chiefs-agree-to-contract

Nope if you're cut you can sign anywhere at any time.

And they are still going after Sean Smith according to reports.

Looks like Dunta is going to be the nickel.

FearLanier
03-08-2013, 09:35 PM
Wow I just saw this. John Elway had an interest in this guy too.

Denver Post Broncos ‏@PostBroncos

Dunta Robinson visited with Broncos today before signing with Chiefs http://dpo.st/10tdUgG #broncos

TheReverend
03-08-2013, 09:37 PM
I like Dunta. He's a good get.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-08-2013, 09:43 PM
Wow I just saw this. John Elway had an interest in this guy too.

Denver Post Broncos ‏@PostBroncos

Dunta Robinson visited with Broncos today before signing with Chiefs http://dpo.st/10tdUgG #broncos

I expect him to look at alot of options on a position of need. In glad he's not on our team though. We already have a CB that gets burned.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-08-2013, 10:24 PM
Nope if you're cut you can sign anywhere at any time.

And they are still going after Sean Smith according to reports.

Looks like Dunta is going to be the nickel.

Reports I've seen say they aren't looking to smith now with the dunta signing. I would take milliner over either.

DBroncos4life
03-08-2013, 10:38 PM
Browns | Might have interest in Britton Colquitt
Fri, 08 Mar 2013 20:50:10 -0800

The Cleveland Browns might have an interest in restricted free-agent P Britton Colquitt (Broncos). He received the original-round tender Friday, March 8, meaning the Browns would not have to surrender a draft pick to sign him.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#842368#ixzz2N1QQJjkc

maven
03-08-2013, 11:13 PM

$12 million is a good deal. He needs someone opposite of him to be the #1.

broncosteven
03-08-2013, 11:17 PM
Reports I've seen say they aren't looking to smith now with the dunta signing. I would take milliner over either.

I have said all along they needed at least 2 CB's among a whole bunch of other positions.

Bmore Manning
03-09-2013, 01:05 AM
I don't like Robinson...

Someone's doing a terrible job watching film to want Robinson.. We have a great Nickel CB in Harris.. We need a legit outside corner, and preferably a new safety or two.

FearLanier
03-09-2013, 01:32 AM

I'm just going by what I read here.

The Kansas City Chiefs made a free agent signing late Friday night when they locked up former Atlanta Falcons CB Dunta Robinson to a three-year contract.

But not only did the Chiefs find themselves a corner that could potentially start opposite CB Brandon Flowers, they also prevented Robinson from lining up opposite Dwayne Bowe.

According to Mike Klis of the Denver Post, Robinson met with the Denver Broncos earlier in the day before deciding to sign with the Chiefs.

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2013/03/0...enver-broncos/

What's interesting is we might have signed Robinson to play safety. hmmm...

bowtown
03-09-2013, 06:41 AM
I like Dunta. He's a good get.

I can't wait for the day that you think any CB signed is not a good get.

TheReverend
03-09-2013, 06:52 AM

Important spot that needs a lot of depth in a passing league. Signing the better players to reasonable deals will always be a good decision.

Rohirrim
03-09-2013, 07:15 AM
Browns | Might have interest in Britton Colquitt
Fri, 08 Mar 2013 20:50:10 -0800

The Cleveland Browns might have an interest in restricted free-agent P Britton Colquitt (Broncos). He received the original-round tender Friday, March 8, meaning the Browns would not have to surrender a draft pick to sign him.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#842368#ixzz2N1QQJjkc

Any punter who would trade kicking at the Mile High city for Cleveland has rocks in his head.

Bmore Manning
03-09-2013, 07:23 AM

Rev is a pretty good evaluator of DBs and he's right we need another one.. But I'm with you on this one, I'm scratching my head as to why he likes Robinson. Robinson is terrible.

rugbythug
03-09-2013, 07:27 AM
Any punter who would trade kicking at the Mile High city for Cleveland has rocks in his head.

R$O$C$K$S$

Bigdawg26
03-09-2013, 07:27 AM
Yeah I'm honestly surprised that we want another corner. I thought we were good with Champ, Carter, Harris, and Bolden. But I guess you can never have enough corners, but I hope if we do get another CB he's fast enough to check speedy receivers.

DENVERDUI55
03-09-2013, 07:29 AM
Rev is a pretty good evaluator of DBs and he's right we need another one.. But I'm with you on this one, I'm scratching my head as to why he likes Robinson. Robinson is terrible.

He probably was loving him coming out of college and just can't stop the bromance. Just like how PP can do no wrong. That would be my guess.

TheReverend
03-09-2013, 07:45 AM

Terrible is a gross exaggeration. He's certainly not a top player, but he knows how to play the spot and has a solid skillset. Set him in more zones like KC will and away from the man exposure he got in Atlanta, and it's absolutely a solid value signing.

He certainly won't beat out Flowers, and I have doubts he'll beat Arenas on the outside, but he'll be a solid nickel if they don't throw him at safety.

TheReverend
03-09-2013, 07:48 AM
He probably was loving him coming out of college and just can't stop the bromance. Just like how PP can do no wrong. That would be my guess.

Now that Ive completed establishing a permanent residency in your head, I can finally get an in-state school discount in AZ!

Bmore Manning
03-09-2013, 07:50 AM

I would be inclined to agree with the PP part.. But I obviously have a bromance with PM so I would be the last person to cast that stone! LOL

As far as Robinson, hes awful. I'd be curious as to why Rev would want him..?

Bmore Manning
03-09-2013, 07:58 AM
Terrible is a gross exaggeration. He's certainly not a top player, but he knows how to play the spot and has a solid skillset. Set him in more zones like KC will and away from the man exposure he got in Atlanta, and it's absolutely a solid value signing.

He certainly won't beat out Flowers, and I have doubts he'll beat Arenas on the outside, but he'll be a solid nickel if they don't throw him at safety.

No he's terrible, he was the biggest liability in their secondary.

Yes he's probably better in some zones or inside.. We need an outside CB, Harris is great inside.

TheReverend
03-09-2013, 08:02 AM
I would be inclined to agree with the PP part.. But I obviously have a bromance with PM so I would be the last person to cast that stone! LOL

Yes he's probably better in some zones or inside.. We need an outside CB, Harris is great inside.

...Do we have an eye roll smiley?

Btw: opposing QBs had the LOWEST QB rating in the league targeting Peterson. And not by a small margin. Will be interesting to see how next season plays out with Revis' return.

Bigdawg26
03-09-2013, 08:04 AM

I thought Carter played the outside pretty well in man coverage.

TheReverend
03-09-2013, 08:08 AM

Carter was great.

Bmore Manning
03-09-2013, 08:21 AM
...Do we have an eye roll smiley?

Btw: opposing QBs had the LOWEST QB rating in the league targeting Peterson. And not by a small margin. Will be interesting to see how next season plays out with Revis' return.

I really like PP, but I like Sherman slightly more as a cover corner where we stand today.. But what makes PP so special is not only is he a great cover corner, he's dynamic with the ball in his hands! I also think PP has more upside in the future because of his crazy athleticism. Don't think I don't like him, he's a good player to have a bromance on, as I'm sure you would agree with me having one on PM being justified.

TheReverend
03-09-2013, 08:25 AM
I really like PP, but I like Sherman slightly more as a cover corner where we stand today.. But what makes PP so special is not only is he a great cover corner, he's dynamic with the ball in his hands! I also think PP has more upside in the future because of his crazy athleticism. Don't think I don't like him, he's a good player to have a bromance on, as I'm sure you would agree with me having one on PM being justified.

I assume you think Ty Law was better than Bailey, too?

Bmore Manning
03-09-2013, 08:27 AM

I think Carter was ok. His interceptions were on miss thrown balls. I think his youth and lack of awareness and discipline really show.

Bmore Manning
03-09-2013, 08:37 AM
I assume you think Ty Law was better than Bailey, too?

Are you being serious?

TheReverend
03-09-2013, 08:40 AM
Are you being serious?

Absolutely.

Ty Law posted up great seasons and great numbers back in the day. But he was a big time mugger and big on downfield contact and benefited from a lot of zones.

Back in the day, Bailey played strict man without over the top help so his numbers were lower.

The comparison is pretty identical. I haven't seen anyone get away with illegal contact more than Sherman since Law himself.

SlyEli
03-09-2013, 08:46 AM
I'd like to see the broncos make a move for grimes.

TheReverend
03-09-2013, 08:51 AM
I'd like to see the broncos make a move for grimes.

Too hit or miss for the money, imo. He's started one full season in his career and coming off some pretty significant injuries, especially for a smaller guy.

Bmore Manning
03-09-2013, 08:55 AM
Absolutely.

Ty Law posted up great seasons and great numbers back in the day. But he was a big time mugger and big on downfield contact and benefited from a lot of zones.

Back in the day, Bailey played strict man without over the top help so his numbers were lower.

The comparison is pretty identical. I haven't seen anyone get away with illegal contact more than Sherman since Law himself.

No Law was not better than Bailey and I don't think the comparisons are completely identical, but I think it paints your picture. However, Sherman plays a lot of man coverage without over the top help. Thomas usually rolls over top of Browner. But they mix up zone and man, Sherman will play lots of man. Peterson plays majority man but he gets over the top help. Neither are left completely alone every snap on an island.

I still think PP has more upside..

DENVERDUI55
03-09-2013, 08:58 AM
Now that Ive completed establishing a permanent residency in your head, I can finally get an in-state school discount in AZ!

You need some new material your getting a little outdated. Post the article showing PP lowest QB rating. Is it the same PFF that if someone uses against your arguments you say is complete garbage? Rev is the ultimate goalpost mover.

TheReverend
03-09-2013, 08:58 AM
No Law was not better than Bailey and I don't think the comparisons are completely identical, but I think it paints your picture. However, Sherman plays a lot of man coverage without over the top help. Thomas usually rolls over top of Browner. But they mix up zone and man, Sherman will play lots of man. Peterson plays majority man but he gets over the top help. Neither are left completely alone every snap on an island.

I still think PP has more upside..

As rarely as anyone in the league.

TheReverend
03-09-2013, 09:01 AM
You need some new material your getting a little outdated. Post the article showing PP lowest QB rating. Is it the same PFF that if someone uses against your arguments you say is complete garbage? Rev is the ultimate goalpost mover.

I dont have any material, scrub. People like you like to bring it up and harp on it.

And people like you are the same guys that would be trashing Von Miller if we'd drafted Peterson.

It is what it is. And I even enjoy your obsession with me.

TonyR
03-09-2013, 09:26 AM
While we're talking CB, what do y'all think of DRC if Phila lets him go?

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-09-2013, 09:38 AM
I dont have any material, scrub. People like you like to bring it up and harp on it.

And people like you are the same guys that would be trashing Von Miller if we'd drafted Peterson.

I was and still am a PP fan. I wanted him in the draft. I knew either pick would be solid and am glad they got Von but PP is amazing.

TheReverend
03-09-2013, 10:00 AM
While we're talking CB, what do y'all think of DRC if Phila lets him go?

With our pressure he'd improve, but we can do better, imo.

Requiem
03-09-2013, 10:23 AM
Do you think Cason is a good get, Rev?

g6matty
03-09-2013, 10:32 AM
why is no body talking about GAMBLE i think hes better then ****in cason and grimes ....

Requiem
03-09-2013, 10:35 AM
why is no body talking about GAMBLE i think hes better then ****in cason and grimes ....

Started a thread about it the other day homie. Sup brotha?

TheReverend
03-09-2013, 10:58 AM
Do you think Cason is a good get, Rev?

He's a great addition to our roster and he takes a solid player away from SD, but I think we need someone better.

Champ's great and timeless and all that, but he can't hang with the TOP tier WRs anymore ON HIS OWN... too fast and too big. We need a legit, young number one. Harris and Carter are both good players, but we either need a lockdown guy or a philosophical shift in the way we play defense.

TheReverend
03-09-2013, 10:59 AM
^ and thats probably why theyre sniffing around the Revis tree.

DENVERDUI55
03-09-2013, 04:33 PM

Typical Rev, asked to link proof to QBR vs CB's and doesn't. Instead deflect and say same crap you always do. I have no problem with PP it's just funny your obsession to defend him. Calling your bluff on your BS that you always spew is not being obsessed. What am I about the 100 guy on here you have said that too?

CEH
03-10-2013, 07:03 AM
A 2nd round CB that Denver may target is Jamar Taylor from Boise State.

errand
03-10-2013, 08:26 AM

Of all his posts that is what makes you scratch your head?

errand
03-10-2013, 08:30 AM

Exactly.....Rev goes queer for a CB's gear and he'll defend him until doomsday.

I still laugh at his "too bad the 49ers don't have a WR that can showcase PP's skills" comment......and then still tried to defend him after he was made to lick a cat's ass in that game by whomever the 49ers lined up on him.

errand
03-10-2013, 08:33 AM

Maybe, and I'm just spitballin' here.....but maybe he's just not as smart as you people and he think he is?

He's like everyone else on this board....right about some things...and wrong about most.

CEH
03-10-2013, 08:35 AM
I'm intrigued by Sean Smith. If he makes it past the first 48 hours I'd be all for lining him up oppoiste Champ

Denver is gearing up for someone and I gotta believe its in the secondary

errand
03-10-2013, 08:42 AM
Are you being serious?

Yes, he is.....you just slobbered all over PP, and he still gets bitchy. Why? Because you questioned his opinion of Dunta Robinson.

See Rev hates being called out on anything. Especially when he says some clown is all that and a bag of chips...he like his moniker thinks you should just take his opinion as the gospel.

This is why he gets blasted in here a lot whenever he's wrong, because like Fonzie or Sheldon Cooper, he can't admit it when he is wrong.....he's a typical narcissistic kind of guy.

TheReverend
03-10-2013, 08:53 AM
Of all his posts that is what makes you scratch your head?

Exactly.....Rev goes queer for a CB's gear and he'll defend him until doomsday.

I still laugh at his "too bad the 49ers don't have a WR that can showcase PP's skills" comment......and then still tried to defend him after he was made to lick a cat's ass in that game by whomever the 49ers lined up on him.

Maybe, and I'm just spitballin' here.....but maybe he's just not as smart as you people and he think he is?

He's like everyone else on this board....right about some things...and wrong about most.

Yes, he is.....you just slobbered all over PP, and he still gets b****y. Why? Because you questioned his opinion of Dunta Robinson.

See Rev hates being called out on anything. Especially when he says some clown is all that and a bag of chips...he like his moniker thinks you should just take his opinion as the gospel.

This is why he gets blasted in here a lot whenever he's wrong, because like Fonzie or Sheldon Cooper, he can't admit it when he is wrong.....he's a typical narcissistic kind of guy.

Four in a row about me without being prompted one bit.... that's not creepy at all. Obsessed, much? You and DENVERDUI55 should start a club with baja. Ha!

Tombstone RJ
03-10-2013, 10:15 AM
ok ladies, back to football!

Kaylore
03-10-2013, 10:19 AM
I don't understand why you guys hate theRev as fiercely as you do. I can see why he rubs people the wrong way because he's opinionated, but he really doesn't take what happens here half as serious as you think he does.

DBroncos4life
03-10-2013, 10:22 AM
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports the Rams are not expected to re-sign free agent Danny Amendola due to his contract demands.
Amendola is said to be seeking Brian Hartline money ($6 million per year), and that's more than the Rams are "willing to invest" given his injury history. With Amendola and fellow free agent Brandon Gibson on their way out in St. Louis, the Rams are staring at an overhaul atop their receiver depth chart from what we've been accustomed to in recent years. That may not be a bad thing.

CEH
03-10-2013, 10:24 AM
On a happier note. I just listened to Montrose do his own show on 102.3 ESPN
At least I think it was him. Anyways pretty cool. Keep it up Raj

SouthStndJunkie
03-10-2013, 10:37 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/10/tony-gonzalez-likely-to-return-for-more-money-less-offseason-work/

Tony Gonzalez likely to return for more money, less offseason work

Bmore Manning
03-10-2013, 10:40 AM
I don't understand why you guys hate theRev as fiercely as you do. I can see why he rubs people the wrong way because he's opinionated, but he really doesn't take what happens here half as serious as you think he does.

I think Errand gets a lot of hate on here too, just like Rev..

I like both of them as posters.

SouthStndJunkie
03-10-2013, 10:47 AM
I hope Tony Gonzalez comes back for another season....dude had 93 receptions for 930 yards and 8 TDs last season and can still ball.

I thought Shannon Sharpe would have come back for another season if Denver would have made it worth his while....Sharpe had 62 receptions for 770 yards and 8 TDs his last season (2003).

Lestat
03-10-2013, 11:01 AM
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports the Rams are not expected to re-sign free agent Danny Amendola due to his contract demands.
Amendola is said to be seeking Brian Hartline money ($6 million per year), and that's more than the Rams are "willing to invest" given his injury history. With Amendola and fellow free agent Brandon Gibson on their way out in St. Louis, the Rams are staring at an overhaul atop their receiver depth chart from what we've been accustomed to in recent years. That may not be a bad thing.

i knew that damn Hartline contract was going to cause a ripple effect in the market. but Amendola is crazy if he thinks someone will sign him for that given

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/10/tony-gonzalez-likely-to-return-for-more-money-less-offseason-work/

Tony Gonzalez likely to return for more money, less offseason work

hell, he should come back. dude is still a top 4-5 TE in the NFL. you might even be able to say he's #3 behind Gronk and Graham.

Smiling Assassin27
03-11-2013, 09:51 AM
Schefty:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

And so the first blockbuster trade of the week is shaping up to involve...Percy Harvin. Imagine Harvin, Russell Wilson and Beastmode.

Tombstone RJ
03-11-2013, 09:54 AM
Seattle is going to be very competitive in the NFCW. People think that SF has that division locked up, not so fast my friend!

yerner
03-11-2013, 09:57 AM
Seattle is going to be very competitive in the NFCW. People think that SF has that division locked up, not so fast my friend!

Nobody thinks SF has that division locked up.

Requiem
03-11-2013, 09:58 AM
Percy Harvin in Seattle?

I bet the Vikings trade back for Sidney Rice, lololol.

Tombstone RJ
03-11-2013, 09:59 AM
Nobody thinks SF has that division locked up.

I guess we will find out when all the media prognosticators start making their predictions.

SouthStndJunkie
03-12-2013, 10:23 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/12/gonzalez-tells-falcons-hes-returning/

Gonzalez tells Falcons he’s returning

Smiling Assassin27
03-12-2013, 12:44 PM
another cb on the market

Philadelphia Eagles will release former Pro Bowl CB Nnamdi Asomugha today.

Lestat
03-12-2013, 12:55 PM
you don't pay a CB 15 mil. it just cannot happen.

TheReverend
03-12-2013, 01:02 PM
you don't pay a CB 15 mil. it just cannot happen.

Did you say the same thing about Champ in 2004 when 10 mil was the unprecedented amount?

Smiling Assassin27
03-12-2013, 01:03 PM
Jets release DT Po'uha. Is this dude worth a look?

Lestat
03-12-2013, 01:18 PM
Did you say the same thing about Champ in 2004 when 10 mil was the unprecedented amount?

QB's,WR's & pass rushers are about the only players that get 15 mil a season.
and it's really just QB's.

that is too much cap space for a CB, no matter how good he is. that's like 15% of the total cap allotted to a team. i had no problem with giving Champ 10 mil then or now. but you don't pay a CB 15 mil for any reason until the cap goes up to like 160 mil.

TheReverend
03-12-2013, 01:21 PM
QB's,WR's & pass rushers are about the only players that get 15 mil a season.
and it's really just QB's.

that is too much cap space for a CB, no matter how good he is. that's like 15% of the total cap allotted to a team. i had no problem with giving Champ 10 mil then or now. but you don't pay a CB 15 mil for any reason until the cap goes up to like 160 mil.

The cap was 80 mill back then. It's literally the exact same % of the cap.

crush17
03-12-2013, 01:25 PM
Ryan Fitzpatrick released from Buffalo

Requiem
03-12-2013, 01:26 PM
Ryan Fitzpatrick released from Buffalo

Lol, so the kids who owned the GMs in the prank knew wasssup.

Smiling Assassin27
03-12-2013, 01:36 PM

Chiefs reached agreement in principle on a four-year deal with former Dolphins TE Anthony Fasano.

I like this signing for them.

Smiling Assassin27
03-12-2013, 01:43 PM

And @ClaytonESPN reports Dolphins give Mike Wallace a five-year deal worth up to $65 million.

Rohirrim
03-12-2013, 01:57 PM
Wallace had the Fins over a barrel, and I'm sure his agent knew it.

ColoradoBuff
03-12-2013, 01:58 PM
Former Giants tight end Martellus Bennett reached agreement with Bears on a four-year deal

broncosteven
03-12-2013, 02:53 PM

Chiefs reached agreement in principle on a four-year deal with former Dolphins TE Anthony Fasano.

I like this signing for them.

He has good size. I would have been more scared if they got Bennet. Fasano is an upgrade for them but he is not a big threat, his stats are pretty lame, a good 2nd TE to go with Moieaki

Rohirrim
03-12-2013, 03:23 PM
Fins take Ellerbe too. Wallace and now Ellerbe. They're getting serious down there.

Lestat
03-12-2013, 03:24 PM
Former Giants tight end Martellus Bennett reached agreement with Bears on a four-year deal

if they also land Long that would be a great way to fix their ****ty OL.

Kaylore
03-12-2013, 03:45 PM
LB Karlos Dansby is to be released by the Dolphins.

TheReverend
03-12-2013, 03:52 PM
LB Karlos Dansby is to be released by the Dolphins.

:D

FearLanier
03-12-2013, 04:16 PM
He has good size. I would have been more scared if they got Bennet. Fasano is an upgrade for them but he is not a big threat, his stats are pretty lame, a good 2nd TE to go with Moieaki

Fasano had 41 catches with 0 drops last year. Only had 1 drop in 2011. 2 in 2010.

In 2012 Fasano had the most catches with no drops of any TE in the last 5 years.

He was a fantastic signing IMO.

crush17
03-12-2013, 04:21 PM
Fasano had 41 catches with 0 drops last year. Only had 1 drop in 2011. 2 in 2010.

In 2012 Fasano had the most catches with no drops of any TE in the last 5 years.

Holy **** man go back to a Chorfs board.

I cannot believe people who frequent other team's message boards like you and the other idiot Chef fans who are regulars here.

bowtown
03-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Hey Guys, the enormous Chief's homer is really happy about a guy they signed! Will he never stop surprising us?

TheReverend
03-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Bears nab Bushrod.

Finally protecting Cutler.

bowtown
03-12-2013, 04:24 PM
Bears nab Bushrod.

Bushrod

oubronco
03-12-2013, 04:42 PM

And @ClaytonESPN reports Dolphins give Mike Wallace a five-year deal worth up to $65 million.

That's ****in insane

FearLanier
03-12-2013, 04:46 PM
Holy **** man go back to a Chorfs board.

I cannot believe people who frequent other team's message boards like you and the other idiot Chef fans who are regulars here.

I keep Chiefs related news to Chiefs threads or NFL threads in general.

I don't troll though. :thumbsup:

Lestat
03-12-2013, 04:47 PM
Bears nab Bushrod.

about damn time. that team was about the dumbest i've ever seen in protecting their QB.

Killericon
03-12-2013, 05:07 PM
Am I the only one who's really interested to see where Shane Lechler goes?

WolfpackGuy
03-12-2013, 05:09 PM
Am I the only one who's really interested to see where Shane Lechler goes?

Damn, he'd be a good pickup for sometbody.

Him and Sebass have been like the Fade's best players for years.

TheReverend
03-12-2013, 05:18 PM
Miami sure paid Wheeler a dickload, considering the Ellerbe signing and Dansby cutting.

"Five years, $26 million for Wheeler in Miami, with $13 fully guaranteed."

Requiem
03-12-2013, 05:22 PM
Wheeler, Ellerbe, Wake and they have Burnett and Misi. Must not have been happy with their linebackers even though their defense was awesome.

Rascal
03-12-2013, 05:24 PM
Did they get a WR yet?

TheReverend
03-12-2013, 05:27 PM
Did they get a WR yet?

Miami? Yeah, they landed Mike Wallace earlier.

SoCalBronco
03-12-2013, 05:28 PM
Bears nab Bushrod.

Nice.

broncosteven
03-12-2013, 05:36 PM

I really don't know where they come up with these Drop stats, Like the one with Bowe. Fasano was targeted 61 times and had 41 catches. I know where the QB places the ball counts but to say a guy targeted 20 other times and failed to come down with the ball is just as telling as a subjective "drop" catagory.

He will certainly be an upgrade but he is not going to be as scary as going up against the Pat's TE's.

I don't even know the scrubs name your stumblebum franchise trotted out as the 2nd and 3rd string TE's last year. It is a good move, just not fearing the signing.

Plus he should work well with your short armed Steve Bono 3.0.

maven
03-12-2013, 05:46 PM

He sucks. Enjoy him.

broncosteven
03-12-2013, 06:02 PM
I keep Chiefs related news to Chiefs threads or NFL threads in general.

I don't troll though. :thumbsup:

Yep, FL should not be mentioned in the same post as kFcIthinkIamastud or Boob

Smiling Assassin27
03-13-2013, 10:23 AM

As @espn_nfcnblog is reporting and has been confirmed, Lions and Reggie Bush have reached agreement on 4-year deal.

Shananahan
03-13-2013, 10:26 AM
I'm interested to see the details of that contract. It seems like he either clearly wasn't what Denver was looking for or was simply out of the price range they have in mind for the position.

broncswin
03-13-2013, 12:16 PM
about damn time. that team was about the dumbest i've ever seen in protecting their QB.

I think it sucks balls...I love watching that Dbag getting rag dolled!!

oubronco
03-13-2013, 03:45 PM
Raiders | Two players signed (http://www.kffl.com/hotw/gnews.php?id=843921-raiders-two-players-signed)
Wed, 13 Mar 2013 15:05:47 -0700

The Oakland Raiders (http://www.kffl.com/team/28/nfl/oakland-raiders) have signed free-agent DE Jason Hunter (http://www.kffl.com/player/14250/nfl/jason-hunter) (Broncos) and DT Pat Sims (http://www.kffl.com/player/18311/nfl/pat-sims) (Bengals). Terms of the contract were not disclosed.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2NSjtaLZp

Lestat
03-13-2013, 04:55 PM
I think it sucks balls...I love watching that Dbag getting rag dolled!!

Cutler is one of the few douche athletes i actually like. i hope he wins a SB before he's done. but against the Broncos i enjoy seeing him get whipped around like a hooker at a bachelor party.

misturanderson
03-13-2013, 07:23 PM
Raiders | Two players signed (http://www.kffl.com/hotw/gnews.php?id=843921-raiders-two-players-signed)

The Oakland Raiders (http://www.kffl.com/team/28/nfl/oakland-raiders) have signed free-agent DE Jason Hunter (http://www.kffl.com/player/14250/nfl/jason-hunter) (Broncos) and DT Pat Sims (http://www.kffl.com/player/18311/nfl/pat-sims) (Bengals). Terms of the contract were not disclosed.

Well there goes JDR's injured golden child DE, and some of the Broncos' leverage against Dumervil with him.

broncosteven
03-13-2013, 07:31 PM

Glad Hunter is off our radar now!

SouthStndJunkie
03-14-2013, 01:01 PM
John Clayton ‏@ClaytonESPN

Best news of the day. The NFL could sack the Tuck Rule next week. Finallly

TonyR
03-14-2013, 01:35 PM
Ravens lose another D starter, CB Cary Williams.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/312294346240188416

ColoradoBuff
03-14-2013, 01:41 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9053053/2013-nfl-free-agency-atlanta-falcons-sign-steven-jackson-sources

Jackson to the Dirty Birds

TheReverend
03-14-2013, 01:54 PM
John Clayton ‏@ClaytonESPN

Best news of the day. The NFL could sack the Tuck Rule next week. Finallly

They didn't actually use it when we ****ing needed it, anyway...

TheReverend
03-15-2013, 04:32 PM
Jennings to Vikes for 5 years

SlyEli
03-15-2013, 04:34 PM
They didn't actually use it when we ****ing needed it, anyway...

Exactly. Seems the referees made the decision to stop applying the rule last season.

oubronco
03-22-2013, 08:33 AM
Adam Schefter ‏<S>@</S>AdamSchefter <SMALL class=time>7m (https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/315121946100658176)</SMALL>
<SMALL class=time> </SMALL>
Chiefs are seeking a second-round pick in this year's draft as well as another pick in 2014 in a trade for franchise OT Branden Albert.

Tombstone RJ
03-22-2013, 08:49 AM
Adam Schefter ‏<S>@</S>AdamSchefter <SMALL class=time>7m (https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/315121946100658176)</SMALL>
Chiefs are seeking a second-round pick in this year's draft as well as another pick in 2014 in a trade for franchise OT Branden Albert.

they are trying hard to recover that second round pick they gave up for Alex Smith! Looks like their plan is to draft a LT...

Requiem
03-22-2013, 08:53 AM
they are trying hard to recover that second round pick they gave up for Alex Smith! Looks like their plan is to draft a LT...

Well they are obviously taking Joeckel. It isn't a bad move for the team. I wouldn't be surprised if someone gives up a second + conditional for a good LT. Especially teams who need them that won't get a shot at the top three guys.

bronco militia
03-22-2013, 08:57 AM

LOL.....can the chiefs trade with themselves? I can't think of very many teams that just throw away draft picks

broncosteven
03-22-2013, 11:12 AM
Just got a call from a bear fan friend that duh bears signed DJ Williams. Not sure if this is old news or not and I have no link.

Here it is:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/chi-chicago-bears-sign-urlacher-replacement-20130322,0,5757756.story

I said it somewhere here on the OM that I figured duh bears would pick him up after he got cut.

crush17
03-22-2013, 11:16 AM
DJ is not a MLB.

broncosteven
03-22-2013, 11:33 AM
DJ is not a MLB.

I thought he did better at it for us than he did at WILL.

Either way it was a good move for duh bears, they have no depth at all at LB and they don't have all their picks. They can still draft a guy without having to plug him in right away.

Tombstone RJ
03-23-2013, 02:29 PM
Lechler no longer a raider:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9087099/punter-shane-lechler-signs-houston-texans

SouthStndJunkie
03-29-2013, 01:50 PM
IRVING, Texas -- To clear salary-cap space and lock up their franchise quarterback, the Dallas Cowboys and Tony Romo reached an agreement on a blockbuster six-year extension worth $108 million, making him the highest-paid player in franchise history, according to league sources.

Kaylore
03-29-2013, 06:31 PM
IRVING, Texas -- To clear salary-cap space and lock up their franchise quarterback, the Dallas Cowboys and Tony Romo reached an agreement on a blockbuster six-year extension worth $108 million, making him the highest-paid player in franchise history, according to league sources.

My buddy is a cowboys fan and he is furious. He thinks Romo is why they aren't any good. I would say he's a bit overrated, but he isn't that bad. There are a lot of fans that don't like his new deal, though.

gyldenlove
03-29-2013, 07:23 PM
My buddy is a cowboys fan and he is furious. He thinks Romo is why they aren't any good. I would say he's a bit overrated, but he isn't that bad. There are a lot of fans that don't like his new deal, though.

I think we are going to see a wave of QB deals that will handcuff teams. Flacco and Romo getting these record deals is really going to muddy the water for the Packers with Rodgers and eventually Matt Ryan in Atlanta who on the last year of his deal. What will be really interesting is to see where the cutoff for QBs is, Jay Cutler is a free agent next year as is Josh Freeman, what kind of deals can those guys expect? Neither has the super bowl win that Flacco and Rodgers do or the passing stats of Romo.

oubronco
03-29-2013, 08:55 PM
Donovan McNabb ✔ @donovanjmcnabb <IFRAME title="Twitter Follow Button" class="twitter-follow-button twitter-follow-button" style="HEIGHT: 20px; WIDTH: 59px" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/follow_button.1363148939.html#_=1364615648204&id=twitter-widget-20&lang=en&screen_name=donovanjmcnabb&show_count=false&show_screen_name=false&size=m" frameBorder=0 allowTransparency scrolling=no data-twttr-rendered="true"></IFRAME>

Tony Romo 6 yr 55 million dollar extension. Wow really, with one playoff win. You got to be kidding me
<TIME title="Time posted: 29 Mar 2013, 20:16:15 (UTC)" class=dt-updated pubdate="" datetime="2013-03-29T20:16:15+0000">8:16 PM - 29 Mar 13</TIME> (https://twitter.com/donovanjmcnabb/statuses/317731951790403585)

Donovan McNabb ✔ @donovanjmcnabb <IFRAME title="Twitter Follow Button" class="twitter-follow-button twitter-follow-button" style="HEIGHT: 20px; WIDTH: 59px" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/follow_button.1363148939.html#_=1364615648193&id=twitter-widget-18&lang=en&screen_name=donovanjmcnabb&show_count=false&show_screen_name=false&size=m" frameBorder=0 allowTransparency scrolling=no data-twttr-rendered="true"></IFRAME>

My bad everyone it 55 million guaranteed. It's a total of 108 million, wow

FearLanier
03-29-2013, 10:21 PM
Aaron Rodgers has to be the happiest man in the NFL right now. He's about to get so much money.

I bet he gets at least $125 million.

Lestat
03-29-2013, 11:45 PM
Aaron Rodgers has to be the happiest man in the NFL right now. He's about to get so much money.

I bet he gets at least $125 million.

he was already getting 25 mil a season on a 4 year extension according to rumor.
now... i don't wanna see the guaranteed money. it's gonna be sickening.

Tombstone RJ
03-30-2013, 10:33 AM
NFL owners are reaching A-Rod contract stupid... way to go NFL owners, keep shooting youselfs in the foot.

peacepipe
03-30-2013, 11:01 AM
NFL owners are reaching A-Rod contract stupid... way to go NFL owners, keep shooting youselfs in the foot.

What makes a-rods contract stupid is MLB teams don't have the kind of revenue that the NFL does. Don't kid youself,NFL teams can afford it.

Lestat
03-30-2013, 11:30 AM
What makes a-rods contract stupid is MLB teams don't have the kind of revenue that the NFL does. Don't kid youself,NFL teams can afford it.

no, what made it stupid was paying him past the prime of his career and into his 40's when he was already declining.
i said it when he opted out, i said it when the team was considering re-signing him and i said it when the contract was announced. EPIC **** UP!

Lestat
03-30-2013, 11:33 AM

and yet people always bitch about the players not buying into the owners crying poor and needing cost certainty.
people said the draft slotting would mean the NFL would spend less on both the draft and FA's and the NFLPA was shooting itself in the foot for giving that money up.

uh uh, stupid owners will always be stupid and find ways to give out insane deals. a player is not going to say "yeah, i'm not really worth this 20+ mil a year you're offering me." the NFLPA, the agents and other players would kill a player who said that because it sets the market for others.

SouthStndJunkie
04-01-2013, 08:45 AM
The Oakland Raiders have an agreement in principle to acquire quarterback Matt Flynn from the Seattle Seahawks for two draft picks -- one in the 2014 draft and a conditional pick in 2015, according to league sources.

The Raiders also are trying to finalize a trade that will send Carson Palmer to the Arizona Cardinals for minimal compensation, sources said.

Beantown Bronco
04-01-2013, 09:03 AM
uh uh, stupid owners will always be stupid and find ways to give out insane deals. a player is not going to say "yeah, i'm not really worth this 20+ mil a year you're offering me." the NFLPA, the agents and other players would kill a player who said that because it sets the market for others.

Ummm, Tom Brady did JUST THAT this offseason and it's obviously not having any effect whatsoever on QB deals this offseason.

Tombstone RJ
04-01-2013, 09:14 AM
The Oakland Raiders have an agreement in principle to acquire quarterback Matt Flynn from the Seattle Seahawks for two draft picks -- one in the 2014 draft and a conditional pick in 2015, according to league sources.

The Raiders also are trying to finalize a trade that will send Carson Palmer to the Arizona Cardinals for minimal compensation, sources said.

Wonder what AZ will give up for Palmer?

SpringStein
04-01-2013, 09:15 AM
CJ Mosley released by Jags.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/01/jaguars-release-c-j-mosley/

Play2win
04-01-2013, 09:19 AM
It would be funny if Palmer goes all-world in AZ.

Beantown Bronco
04-01-2013, 09:29 AM
What is Arizona's obsession with USC QBs?

oubronco
04-01-2013, 01:42 PM
Wonder what AZ will give up for Palmer?

Half a ham samich

DBroncos4life
04-01-2013, 01:43 PM
49ers | Colt McCoy acquired
Mon, 01 Apr 2013 13:35:56 -0700

The San Francisco 49ers have acquired QB Colt McCoy from the Cleveland Browns for a late-round draft choice.

oubronco
04-01-2013, 01:47 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMSLno2_KrjrEP5Gt53Yh_p_nz5KgW4 Ble_TbZhUxVg8YVAcRg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=kramer+giddy+up+gif&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=-hhSXGo9eY269M&tbnid=mKVVjRsXpwdwOM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mintees.com%2Ftalk%2F202065-krmr-kramer-apparel%2F&ei=OvJZUanKO-Lq2gWvmoGIAg&bvm=bv.44442042,d.aWM&psig=AFQjCNH5dfQ0dV7HClrFeiHyQ66dP8HLZw&ust=1364935501261045)

SouthStndJunkie
04-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Good trade for the 49ers and Colt McCoy.

McCoy will be a solid backup in San Francisco and get some good tutelage from Jim Harbaugh.

Tombstone RJ
04-01-2013, 03:28 PM
Half a ham samich

That's the faiders for you, buy high, sell low.

Tombstone RJ
04-01-2013, 04:36 PM
The trade is official, Seattle to receive a 5th in 2014 and a conditional in 2015: http://blog.seahawks.com/2013/04/01/matt-flynn-traded-to-oakland-raiders/

errand
04-01-2013, 05:34 PM

My older brother is a big Cowboys fan...he tells me that Cowboys wouldn't win 8 games if not for Romo....unfortunately they wouldn't have lost 8 games if not for Romo.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-01-2013, 05:43 PM
My older brother is a big Cowboys fan...he tells me that Cowboys wouldn't win 8 games if not for Romo....unfortunately they wouldn't have lost 8 games if not for Romo.

Yep that's about it. They assured the mediocre man will be there for a while.

I say the reason is Jerry jones. As long as he's makin the decisions they are in trouble.

Tombstone RJ
04-01-2013, 05:44 PM
Colt McCoy traded to the Niners, with some draft pick swappage too: http://auburnpub.com/sports/national/football/browns-trade-qb-colt-mccoy-to-niners-for-picks/article_5735637c-eacc-57ea-9aa7-ce864cfe9ae0.html

SouthStndJunkie
04-01-2013, 06:21 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/01/raiders-give-flynn-considerably-more-guaranteed-money/

Raiders give Flynn considerably more guaranteed money

SouthStndJunkie
04-01-2013, 06:21 PM
Per a source with knowledge of the transaction, the Raiders have adjusted Matt Flynn’s contract to increase his guaranteed money from $2 million in 2013 to $6.5 million. All $6.5 million is fully guaranteed.

To get there, the Raiders increased Flynn’s base salary from $5.25 million in 2013 and decreased his 2014 base salary by $1.25 million, from $6.25 million down to $5 million. Making the entire 2013 compensation fully guaranteed means that Flynn definitely will have a roster spot with the Raiders for the coming season.

Also, the available escalators and incentives were increased by $200,000, with a maximum value now at $26.4 million over three years. Flynn already received $8 million from the Seahawks in 2012.

SouthStndJunkie
04-01-2013, 06:22 PM
That dude has gotten more money for having one big game (end of 2011 season) than anyone else.

$14.5 million and counting.

Lestat
04-01-2013, 06:24 PM

the problem with this is... Jones is terrified of trying to find another QB.
after Aikman, they couldn't draft,sign,trade for,buy or **** a decent QB before Romo. Quincy Carter was the closest thing to a solid QB and he was too busy smoking crack to get it.

49ers | Colt McCoy acquired
Mon, 01 Apr 2013 13:35:56 -0700

The San Francisco 49ers have acquired QB Colt McCoy from the Cleveland Browns for a late-round draft choice.

basically gives them a poor man's Alex Smith for a lot less money.

DarkHorse
04-02-2013, 03:28 PM
Carson Palmer to the Cardinals

Nnamdi goes to the 49ers - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000156693/article/nnamdi-asomugha-agrees-to-contract-with-49ers

errand
04-02-2013, 04:49 PM
the problem with this is... Jones is terrified of trying to find another QB.
after Aikman, they couldn't draft,sign,trade for,buy or **** a decent QB before Romo. Quincy Carter was the closest thing to a solid QB and he was too busy smoking crack to get it.

you're preaching to the choir.....my point was that Romo is consistently inconsistent.

Tombstone RJ
04-02-2013, 05:29 PM
Carson Palmer to the Cardinals

Nnamdi goes to the 49ers - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000156693/article/nnamdi-asomugha-agrees-to-contract-with-49ers

Good Lord the Niners are loaded with talent.

FearLanier
04-03-2013, 12:44 PM
49ers are the winners of this offseason. They got Boldin for a measely late round pick. Namndi is also a terrific get to because he was had for a bag of peanuts. He struggled in Philly playing zone whereas he does well playing in man-to-man.

Glenn Dorsey was a great get too. He's a solid run stuffer that fits their rotation and he was cheap as well.

Now they have a ton of draft picks in a deep draft, including 2 top 35 picks. Wow.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-03-2013, 01:10 PM
The Harbaugh effect.

Go Stanford

Lestat
04-03-2013, 04:51 PM
you're preaching to the choir.....my point was that Romo is consistently inconsistent.

i know. but when your GM isn't job scared but is scared to replace a QB it shows badly. until they get a real GM again and a coach with some balls they will never go anywhere.

broncswin
04-03-2013, 08:46 PM
The Harbaugh effect.

Go Stanford

Screw that...can't stand that prick!!

SouthStndJunkie
04-04-2013, 01:53 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/04/jason-hanson-retires/

Jason Hanson retires

SouthStndJunkie
04-04-2013, 01:53 PM
To give you an idea how long Jason Hanson has been kicking for the Lions....his rookie year was 1992, Jason Elam's rookie year was 1993.

SouthStndJunkie
04-04-2013, 02:02 PM
Jason Hanson can still kick FGs....he was 32/36 last season.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign with a team in desperate need of a kicker at some point next season.

I know he has a lingering heel issue, but he would have come back to play if the Lions hadn't given him a low ball contract offer to play next season.

ludo21
04-04-2013, 02:13 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9134652/detroit-lions-kicker-jason-hanson-retires-21-years

hanson played 21 years.... woah. i was 5 when he joined the league ;D

bronco militia
04-04-2013, 02:18 PM
I was still in Michigan his rookie year.....most of the games were blacked out ;D

SlyEli
04-04-2013, 02:21 PM
49ers are the winners of this offseason. They got Boldin for a measely late round pick. Namndi is also a terrific get to because he was had for a bag of peanuts. He struggled in Philly playing zone whereas he does well playing in man-to-man.

Glenn Dorsey was a great get too. He's a solid run stuffer that fits their rotation and he was cheap as well.

Now they have a ton of draft picks in a deep draft, including 2 top 35 picks. Wow.

boldin was going to get cut anyway. I don't see why people think that was some amazing deal.

Nnamdi has fallen off and is old...the zone coverage only explains half the story. You can't have a guy play man 100% of the time.