PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Flyers (HOME) 08 - 09

Pages : 1 [2] 3

phillybroncosnut
01-10-2008, 12:17 AM
Clarke is an idiot nice job to condone classless cheap shots lets just see what happens when downie decides to fight somebody that is looking at him or not facing the other way. (I guess downies class even gets shared with his own 16 year old teamates) hes just begging for a world class a**beating and iam sure he will get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFMDWuepG7Y

Glad to see you ducked my LEGIT questions yet again. Nice work!

Bronx33
01-10-2008, 12:22 AM
Glad to see you ducked my LEGIT questions yet again. Nice work!

Ducked? plenty of time to answer your question be patient.

phillybroncosnut
01-10-2008, 12:30 AM
hey pbn check this out

clarke loved the downie punch (http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=226849&hubname=)

its about time somebody in the organization stood up and said good for you guys, keep playing that way, i cant wait for off the record today now.

video will be up on the tsn site after 6pm eastern

Bah.... That's just Clarkie being Clarkie. Sometimes I wish he would just stay quite. Clarke has always been the type of guy who when he says something, he makes it seem like he is a God and you should bow in front of him. Clarke is no longer the GM of this team and should remain OUT of the public eye. There is something called "public relations" for spin control. Clarkie is the anti-public relations.
As far as Downie, he's a big boy and can take care of himself. I've yet to see him back down from anyone. I don't think I will ever see him duck and hide the way Tie Domi used to. Should be fun watching Downie and Avery take to the ice Thursday night. 2 train wrecks headed straight at each other. MMMMmmm... Good ole East coast hockey at it's finest.

phillybroncosnut
01-10-2008, 12:34 AM
Chad, great news bro. 4 of the 5 injured starters will be ready to go tonight (Thursday) at the Rangers. Jason Smith, Sami Kapanen, Scottie Upshall and SIMON GAGNE!!!!!!!!! Lupol will remain pretty much bed ridden for the next 2 weeks. I imagine he will not play for the next 3 weeks at the earliest.
Also, Nitty will make his 3rd start in a row. here's the link:

A couple nice comments about Downie at the bottom of the article amid all the hoopla.

http://flyers.nhl.com/team/app?articleid=349354&page=NewsPage&service=page

Bronx33
01-10-2008, 12:37 AM
Bah.... That's just Clarkie being Clarkie. Sometimes I wish he would just stay quite. Clarke has always been the type of guy who when he says something, he makes it seem like he is a God and you should bow in front of him. Clarke is no longer the GM of this team and should remain OUT of the public eye. There is something called "public relations" for spin control. Clarkie is the anti-public relations.
As far as Downie, he's a big boy and can take care of himself. I've yet to see him back down from anyone. I don't think I will ever see him duck and hide the way Tie Domi used to. Should be fun watching Downie and Avery take to the ice Thursday night. 2 train wrecks headed straight at each other. MMMMmmm... Good ole East coast hockey at it's finest.

Yep they are practically the same player. ;D

phillybroncosnut
01-10-2008, 12:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB3LgpSAQWI

Where is the OUTRAGE by all Hockey fans who spew their venom towards the Flyers. This is pretty comparable to what Downie did. The only difference is the Carolina player suffered a broken orbital bone and has been out since this incident. This happened December 26th and yet, I never saw it on TSN or here. Like i said all along, a little consistency would be nice.

phillybroncosnut
01-10-2008, 12:46 AM

The only difference is that Downie has tremendous offensive ability.

Bronx33
01-10-2008, 12:58 AM
The only difference is that Downie has tremendous offensive ability.

In the goal scoring dept?

Bronx33
01-10-2008, 01:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB3LgpSAQWI

Where is the OUTRAGE by all Hockey fans who spew their venom towards the Flyers. This is pretty comparable to what Downie did. The only difference is the Carolina player suffered a broken orbital bone and has been out since this incident. This happened December 26th and yet, I never saw it on TSN or here. Like i said all along, a little consistency would be nice.

So it's up to me to post em all (here)? chip in help out post em! iam all for it, the only reason the flyers keep coming up is because the flyers are repeat offenders.

phillybroncosnut
01-10-2008, 01:13 AM
So it's up to me to post em all (here)? chip in help out post em! iam all for it, the only reason the flyers keep coming up is because the flyers are repeat offenders.

The difference here is I won't run around singling out "cheap shots". It's not my thing. If it was, I would be sure to look at teams that don't sport the Orange and Black too. I'm not TSN.
There are planty of repeat offenders out there. No team has had more then 2 questionable incidents this season other then the Flyers? Gimme a break.

phillybroncosnut
01-10-2008, 01:18 AM
In the goal scoring dept?

Are you gonna compare Avery's #'s to Downie's #'s now? The guy has played 5 games. I wouldn't expect you to know of Downie's abilities as you probably have never watched him. How could you? Afterall, he played for the Phantoms and there is no way you could have seen him. I have. He is very good with and without the puck. He knows where to go when he doesn't have the puck. He always seems to be in the right spot at the right time. That's not luck, it's awareness. Coule that awareness and his ability to finish, you get a quality offensive young player. If he continues to be paired with Mike Richards, he can only get better.

Hogan11
01-10-2008, 01:42 AM
F the Rangers.

That is all. I get the game for a change too, Go Flyers!

Bronx33
01-10-2008, 03:03 PM
Are you gonna compare Avery's #'s to Downie's #'s now? The guy has played 5 games. I wouldn't expect you to know of Downie's abilities as you probably have never watched him. How could you? Afterall, he played for the Phantoms and there is no way you could have seen him. I have. He is very good with and without the puck. He knows where to go when he doesn't have the puck. He always seems to be in the right spot at the right time. That's not luck, it's awareness. Coule that awareness and his ability to finish, you get a quality offensive young player. If he continues to be paired with Mike Richards, he can only get better.

HUH? dude you said offensive abilities you didn't say which ability (so i asked) lighten up and i watch all the flyer games i have the hockey package just so ya know (iam not talking out my a**).

Bronx33
01-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Bronx..... You just don't see the point. Fine, Downie's "rabbit punch" was dirty. I agree.

Ok great now awswer this what point from this comment don't i get?

I have a question pertaining to Don Cherry since you defend his comments. How can he say "it was one of the dirtiest things he's ever seen" when he loved Tie Domi. Remember what Domi did to Ulf about 10 years ago? The total sucker punch while his gloves were on and Ulf wasn't looking? That was (save for McSorely on Brashear), the dirtiest thing I've seen. Also, how can Don Cherry say "Kids, NEVER EVER EVER EVER do that" (What downie did) and then at the end of his thought say "There are certain guys in the league you can do that to but not Blake"? What the hell is that? Talk about talking out of both sides of your mouth!
Now, you defended Cherry on "EVERYTHING". How can you defend what I just addressed?

I agree what downie did wasn't nearly as bad and this is what i don't like about the ego (don cherry) he run his hole with reckless abandon. I know i said i agreed with every thing he said i guess i didn't pay close enough attention to cherry being cherry (my bad)

Also, stop taking chit so personal. I have no idea how you turned my quote into meaning "I know more about hockey".

I didn't say you knew more than me i said you are (no bigger hockey fan) that's kinda based on the general consensus i get from every flyer fan i have discussed this seasons rash of suspensions. Iam sorry i grinds my gears when folks are so narrow minded about these hits when you said downies rabbit punch was cheap (that was the first) admission i have gotten from a flyer fan (the first) you understand my position now?

Colin Campbell has a hard on for the Flyers because, whether you know it or not,

Sorry i don't agree

Colin coached the Rangers for a few years. The Flyers/Rangers have one of the best rivalries in all of sports. Campbell hated the Flyers then and he carried that with him to his new Position

I just don't see colin using an old rivalry as a motive for suspensions (they have all been earned) IMO sorry but that's my opinion.

(No, not bent over Bettman's desk, his other NHL position)).
I have no idea how much Hockey you know or don't know. I really don't care.

Sure ya do or we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Now, to the point that I have been trying to make and I still haven't gotten an answer to from you. How was the hit on Colburn not a penalty when 2 Flyers had similar hits this season and gotten suspended for? That's all I want to know. Can you give me an answer?

How the hell can i give you an answer i tried finding the colburn hit because to tell you truth i don't remember it so i can't help you out there. But based on your angle your feeling picked on by the league and all i can say is (get out from under the microscope) your players put you there (that's a fact) if flyers keep up the hits (your going to get attention from the league) simple. Is very easy to play a smash mouth style hockey (flyer hockey) you just have some youngster taking the style just a bit to far (just do it clean) thus far your team hasen't weather you believe it or not.

If this were the Av's, would you share my same point of view?

No (that's my opinion) it's not clean hockey i didn't agree with claude lemeuix hit on draper if that tells you anything

Flyers fans just want consistency. that's all. Most are okay with the suspensions. Like I said all along, I welcome them. That said, it's total BS that what's called for one team is not called for the entire league. Think about it.

You would have to sit down with colin to get these answers and go through each play to get the type of answer you want (i can't help you) it's your opinion colin isn't consistant with punishments and iam guessing the flyer sites you visit are all crying bloody murder and you have pretty much joined the crowd.

Peace

chadta
01-10-2008, 03:50 PM

aside from the goal scoring, downie wont turtle ala avery, oh wait i forgot your a fan of claude "turtle" lemiux so you wouldnt respect that.

UMMMmmmm been there done that, and all you did was cry cuz i kept pointing out that if a flyer did that it would be a suspension.

Bronx33
01-10-2008, 03:53 PM
aside from the goal scoring, downie wont turtle ala avery, oh wait i forgot your a fan of claude "turtle" lemiux so you wouldnt respect that.

UMMMmmmm been there done that, and all you did was cry cuz i kept pointing out that if a flyer did that it would be a suspension.

Do you even post while you're awake? and are you 10 years old?

chadta
01-10-2008, 09:32 PM
Attila the hun with 2 more points in another flyers victory, after falling behind 2-0 in the first period the flyers scored 6 unanswered goals, led by scott hartnell with a hatrick, also of note gagne got a power play goal in the third period.

good job guys.

phillybroncosnut
01-11-2008, 10:06 PM
Bronx, I posted the clip of the hit on post number 231 here. Don't bother going back. I will copy and paste it here:

Oh alright, I'll post it. Interestingly enough, it's nowhere to be found on youtube. A fellow Flyer Fan fowarded this to me. The hit, which TSN skated right by, is 28 seconds into the video. The don't even show Coburn's eyebrow exploding. They just show him on the bench getting looked at. Again, the it is 28 sefconds into the main video. The first 15 seconds is of the Canadian Jr's.
I guess since Coburn didn't ACT like he was killed, he didn't get the penalty call. BS

http://broadband.tsn.ca/tsn/?vid=25786

phillybroncosnut
01-11-2008, 10:18 PM
Natty Hatty for Scotty Hartnell. I will tell him congrats when i see him during the pre-game warmup tomorrow :)

phillybroncosnut
01-13-2008, 01:00 PM
Good OT loss for the Flyers yesterday against Boston. Sounds wierd but the Flyers trailed 3-1 with 7 minutes to play. Good thing we got a point.

I wish Stevens would scratch/trade/cut Vandermeer. He's a turnover machine and gets lost gazing at the puck in the offensive zone and forgets to check the opposing forward. The result is giving up a chitload of oddman rushes or flat out clean breakaways. He did it again in OT yesterday and we lost on that play.
Dump Vandermeer and start dressing Lassi Kukenen.

chadta
01-13-2008, 02:45 PM
i think kuks is still hurt. but yeah i kinda agree, id rather have eager back, altho he did lose a fight to 50 year old gary roberts.

anyhow

did you see the laffs game last night ? more importantly did you see sundin shove the linesman ?

granted its not an illegal hit on a player, but im pretty sure there is a rule about keeping your hands off the refs.

check it out (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2AbTLJraLk)

how many games ?

Bronx33
01-13-2008, 06:34 PM
0 games that was nothing..

chadta
01-13-2008, 08:11 PM
0 games that was nothing..

degree of hit is not an issue here, its not part of the recent crack down on head shots,

nhl rulebook says otherwise (http://www.nhl.com/hockeyu/rulebook/rule76.html)

CATEGORY III
Any Player who, by his actions, physically demeans an Official or physically threatens an Official by (but not limited to) throwing a stick or any other piece of equipment or object at or in the general direction of an Official, shooting the puck at or in the general direction of an Official, spitting at or in the general direction of an Official, or who deliberately applies physical force to an Official solely for the purpose of getting free of such an Official during or immediately following an altercation shall be suspended for not less than three (3) games.

thats exactly what happened, there was some pushing and shoving, sundin was trying to get away, and deserves 3 games for it.

chadta
01-14-2008, 07:46 PM
http://www.sportspickle.com/

Flyers use 3-on-1 breakaway to savagely beat opposing defenseman

The Philadelphia Flyers took the opportunity of a 3-on-1 break last night not to try to notch a goal and even the score against the Maple Leafs, but instead savagely beat overmatched Toronto defenseman Ian White.
“Yeah, we probably could have scored easily,” said Flyers center Mike Richards. “But we try to look at the bigger picture. Ian is an important player for Toronto. We’ll have to play them again this season. But if we beat the sh-t out of him and put him in a coma, he can’t hurt us down the road. It’s pretty simple, really.”
White took several good shots from the three attacking Flyers – including a slash to the face, a skate blade kick to the neck and several knife puncture wounds – before his teammates were able to catch up to the play and rescue him.
“Typically pussy behavior by the Maple Leafs, rescuing White,” said Flyers right wing Steve Downie, who went at White with a battle axe in the melee. “What, the guy can’t fight his own battles? If you can’t handle a beating, then don’t get on the ice against the Flyers.”

phillybroncosnut
01-14-2008, 10:56 PM
Lupul update:

Lupul: Injury was "Scary" Kevin Kurz philadelphiaflyers.com Jan 14, 2008, 1:54 PM EST
Lupul Flyers winger still not cleared for physical activity

(Voorhees, NJ) – Flyers right wing Joffrey Lupul remembers exactly what happened on the play in which he got hurt.

“I just could not get up. I remember thinking to myself ‘try and get up,’ but I couldn’t,” he said on Monday morning. “I kind of lost the feeling in my arms and my legs. It was scary a little bit, especially later that night and the next day when I still didn’t really have the feeling in my hands.

“It was kind of a burning sensation, kind of a pins-and-needles type thing in my hands and through my arms. That was definitely the scariest part about it.”

Lupul was hit by teammate Derian Hatcher, who was trying to make contact with the Toronto Maple Leafs’ Alexander Steen during a game at the Air Canada Centre on January 5. Hatcher grazed by Steen but ended up on top of Lupul and landing on the 6’1’’, 205-pound forward’s head, giving him a spinal cord contusion and mild concussion.

Joffrey Lupul is helped up onto his skates by trainer Jim McCrossin and defenseman Braydon Coburn after getting hit during a game in Toronto on January 5. (Getty Images)

Upon returning to Philadelphia later that night, Lupul was admitted to the University of Pennsylvania hospital and ordered to refrain from physical activity of any kind for two weeks. He is scheduled to see Dr. William Welch, a neurosurgeon at the hospital, again on Wednesday.

“It’s tough for me to really make a good assessment right now seeing as how I have not really done much for the past nine or 10 days,” said Lupul. “I’ve been doing a lot of relaxing and everything feels good. I’ll know more when I am allowed to test myself, exercise and train.”

Paul Holmgren is anxious to see Lupul get back on the ice, but he and the team staff will be very careful due to the severity of the injury.

“We will continue to monitor Joffrey as we go along,” said Holmgren. “Hopefully he can start to maybe do some light exercises later in the week if everything goes okay with his doctor’s appointment on Wednesday [he'll] get back on the road to recovery.”

Lupul, acquired along with Jason Smith via trade last summer from Edmonton, was playing some of his best hockey of the season when he suffered the injury. In the 11 games prior to when he got hurt, Lupul had 10 goals and eight assists for 18 points. He recorded hat tricks on two separate occasions, and is still third on the Flyers in scoring with 35 points.

Fortunately for the Flyers, players like Scott Hartnell and Steve Downie have helped to fill the void left by Lupul. Hartnell has eight points in the last four games (5g, 3a), while the rookie Downie has five points in the last five games (2g, 3a).

“It’s great to see the guys on such a roll right now especially some of the young guys chipping in like Downie,” said Lupul of the Flyers, who are 7-1-1 in their last nine games. “It’s been great to watch, and I am really happy for those guys.”

FLYERS NOTES
The Flyers had a complete day off on Monday and will resume practice on Tuesday at the Virtua Center Flyers Skate Zone. … Hartnell was named as the NHL’s third Star of the Week on Monday.

http://flyers.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=349933

Bronx33
01-15-2008, 04:25 PM
degree of hit is not an issue here, its not part of the recent crack down on head shots,

nhl rulebook says otherwise (http://www.nhl.com/hockeyu/rulebook/rule76.html)

CATEGORY III
Any Player who, by his actions, physically demeans an Official or physically threatens an Official by (but not limited to) throwing a stick or any other piece of equipment or object at or in the general direction of an Official, shooting the puck at or in the general direction of an Official, spitting at or in the general direction of an Official, or who deliberately applies physical force to an Official solely for the purpose of getting free of such an Official during or immediately following an altercation shall be suspended for not less than three (3) games.

thats exactly what happened, there was some pushing and shoving, sundin was trying to get away, and deserves 3 games for it.

I see a guy trying to go to his bench and he wasn't happy, has sundin ever done this before? does he has a history of this? and as for the (pushing and shoving?) how can it be both? and what exactly was sundin trying to escape? are you going to nit pick every play this year? if the league did this too every player in the league every player would be suspended at one time of the other. (not feasible)

Hogan11
01-17-2008, 01:04 AM
Philadelphia 5, Florida 3

Preview - Box Score - Recap - Highlights

January 16, 2008

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- A great start did wonders for the Philadelphia Flyers.

Daniel Briere scored twice and Kimmo Timonen had a goal and two assists for the Flyers, who had a four-goal opening period and held off the Florida Panthers 5-3 on Wednesday night.

"It's a good feeling to come out in the first period and really take it to them," Briere said after the Flyers jumped out to a 4-1 lead. "It's good for our confidence."

Simon Gagne and Scott Hartnell also scored for the Flyers, who have won two straight, and five of their last six, and denied Panthers coach Jacques Martin his 500th win.

Flyers coach John Stevens said "there is no question" that the quick start helped the Flyers.

"We created all kinds of scoring opportunities and the power play got going," Stevens said. "It (power plays) really seemed to give us energy and momentum and got the crowd behind us."

Two of the first three goals -- by Gagne and Briere -- came with the man advantage for the Flyers, who came in with the NHL's best power play at home (25-for-95, 26.3 percent). For the game, they were 2-for-7.

Martin, looking to become the 10th coach in NHL history to win 500 games, won No. 499 on Jan. 10 at Atlanta, but Florida has lost three straight since. Jay Bouwmeester, Rostislav Olesz, and Stephen Weiss had goals for the Panthers, who have dropped five of six.

Martin said penalties were the big difference.

"We were playing well early and they were not getting much," Martin said. "We had momentum and lost it because we lost 10 minutes of the game in penalties."

Philadelphia backup Antero Niittymaki, who hasn't lost in regulation in his last six starts (5-0-1), made 28 saves. His only loss during that span came against Boston, 4-3, in overtime last Saturday.

Timonen put the Flyers ahead at 2:46 of the first period, shoveling a shot from the left side over the shoulder of Tomas Vokoun, who started in goal for the 42nd time in Florida's 47 games.

Bouwmeester, left alone in front of the crease, tied it on a wrister at 9:10.

After Gagne made it 2-1 with a rebound on a power play at 12:14, the Flyers scored twice within a span of 1:21 to take a 4-1 lead.

Briere, who also had an empty-net goal, put a shot through a screen on another power play at 16:38. Hartnell scored at 17:59 when his shot from the right board deflected off a Florida defenseman and into the net.

The Panthers pulled to within 4-3 in the second period. Olesz scored unassisted on a backhander after Philadelphia's Derian Hatcher lost the puck deep in the Flyers' zone at 13:01. Weiss scored while falling in front of the net after taking a pass from Olli Jokinen at 18:28.

"We started off pretty good, but then we sat back in the second period," Timonen said. "We have to learn to keep it going and make the game 6-1 instead of 4-3. You need to bring your 'A' game every night if you want to make the playoffs."

Jokinen said teams must keep mistakes to a minimum when they play the Flyers.

"We gave up way too many odd-man rushes," Jokinen said. "Some of the penalties we'd like to have back, but overall it was a fair game, with some good clean hits."

Notes

Martin, the only person in the NHL serving as both coach and general manager, joined Florida as head coach in May, 2004 and has compiled a 92-90-29 regular season record with them. ... The Panthers are 9-4 in their last 13 road games. ... Philadelphia RW Mike Knuble played in his 700th NHL game. ... Philadelphia D Rory Fitzpatrick was placed on injured reserve with a sports hernia. ... Gagne has scored points in five straight games since returning after missing 26 games with a concussion.

chadta
01-18-2008, 10:44 AM
non flyer hit, no penalty (http://youtube.com/watch?v=nB7mM18azfc)

looks an awful lot worse the jones on bergeron, but morrow gets up, and the hitter was not a flyer so i doubt anything will be done.

was nice to see the D man come racing in and drop the gloves, next time maybe he should try throwing a punch too tho.

chadta
01-19-2008, 12:19 PM
well with gary buttman trying to figure out how to salvage the nhl allstar game now that cindy wont likely be in it i wonder if this weekends game against the sens gets overlooked ?

it will be the first time steve downie has takin to the ice against the sens after his crushing hit on headown mcammond, could be a good game.

phillybroncosnut
01-19-2008, 02:56 PM
non flyer hit, no penalty (http://youtube.com/watch?v=nB7mM18azfc)

looks an awful lot worse the jones on bergeron, but morrow gets up, and the hitter was not a flyer so i doubt anything will be done.

was nice to see the D man come racing in and drop the gloves, next time maybe he should try throwing a punch too tho.

Straight up comical

phillybroncosnut
01-19-2008, 03:00 PM
well with gary buttman trying to figure out how to salvage the nhl allstar game now that cindy wont likely be in it i wonder if this weekends game against the sens gets overlooked ?

it will be the first time steve downie has takin to the ice against the sens after his crushing hit on headown mcammond, could be a good game.

Briere Should be Cindy's replacement. He was fourth in voting but didn't make it.

As far as Downie vs the Sens..... I have a link where Paddock says he wished all his players played exactly like Downie. Interestin. He's bad for the league according to some here and that jit-bag on TSN.

phillybroncosnut
01-19-2008, 04:04 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=227646&hubname=

Paddocks comments are in the last paragraph. If you choose to read the entire article, you'll have to weed throw alot of whining by Deanie pooh.

chadta
01-19-2008, 06:18 PM
yeah i agree about brierre, altho personally i still think hes almost as big a puss and cry baby as cindy.

and yeah i saw that article, its on the O&B messageboard, heres the quote

"He plays the game the way we want our players to play the game. He will be a presence in the game, I can just about guarantee it."

did you see what they had on hockeybuzz about downie ?

Have you noticed that-

•Steve Downie can play? John Stevens uses him in the last 2 minutes of Flyers one-goal-lead games which really has Downie-haters in straight-jackets. Guess when he represented Canada at the World Juniors, it wasn’t a fluke. Duh!!

its nice to see people are finally starting to realize this kid deserves to be in the league and isnt the useless goon that they played him out to be, altho i will still refer to him as Attila the hun just cuz it has a nice ring to it.

phillybroncosnut
01-19-2008, 06:32 PM
What's the O&B board? Any addresses for good hockey boards? The only Flyer board I am on is the Flyers website board.

I knew Downie had talent. I've said it all along here. It's funny how people view him as a goon. He hasn't been in a fight since his suspension expired. Itg's not because he doesn't want to either. At the Boston game, I watched him trying to get Chara to drop the gloves. Chara didn't comply.
I am going to tomorrow nights game. Should be fun to see if Neil challanges him.

Can you make it down to Philly at all? I have 11 games left that I have tix to. If you can make it down, I'll treat you.

Bronx33
01-19-2008, 06:58 PM
http://hfboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21

chadta
01-19-2008, 08:01 PM
http://www.orangeandblack.net/phillyboard/forumdisplay.php?f=7

thats the flyer board that i go to, as for making it down to philly, i will be some time this year i swear, ill be going with a buddy from work who is also a flyer fan, only flyer game hes ever seen was the playoff game in ottawa that we went to a few years ago, hes dying to go to philly. Probally just pick a saturday night game drive down saturday, go to the game, crash an then head home sunday, its a 7 hour drive an all so i wanna do it when i work afternoons so i get extra time to sleep.

ill keep you updated

phillybroncosnut
01-19-2008, 09:11 PM
http://www.orangeandblack.net/phillyboard/forumdisplay.php?f=7

thats the flyer board that i go to, as for making it down to philly, i will be some time this year i swear, ill be going with a buddy from work who is also a flyer fan, only flyer game hes ever seen was the playoff game in ottawa that we went to a few years ago, hes dying to go to philly. Probally just pick a saturday night game drive down saturday, go to the game, crash an then head home sunday, its a 7 hour drive an all so i wanna do it when i work afternoons so i get extra time to sleep.

ill keep you updated

Thanks for the link bro. Interestingly enough, I have every Saturday game from now to the end of the season!

Downie with a Goal tonight:strong:

phillybroncosnut
01-19-2008, 09:18 PM
Hartnell with another Hat on the road. He has 4 points. Downie with a goal and Richie just scored on a 2 on 1. Flyers trailed 3-1 after 1 but hold a 5-3 lead with just over 5 minutes left in regulation.
I'd say the Hartnell, Richie, Downie line is going good!

phillybroncosnut
01-19-2008, 09:27 PM
Flyers win. They are now tied for the lead in the division. They have 2 games in hand on the Pens ans the Devils. Amazing when you think that they haven't been full strength for the entire season. Once Lup's gets back, this team will be a force.

phillybroncosnut
01-20-2008, 11:49 PM
A complete and utter ass kicking by the Flyers. I thought McGratton was a tough guy. Well he got completely embarrassed by Riley Cote. Cote absolutely destroyed him.
The Sens never had a chance as the Flyers opened up a 4-0 lead early in the 2nd and went on to win 6-1. Flyers continue to roll and are now tied with the Pens and Devils for the East lead. The Flyer play the Devils on Tuesday and the Pens on Thursday this week. The Flyers also have a game in hand on both teams.

GO FLYERS

Bronx33
01-22-2008, 07:18 PM
They are saying hatcher has magic teeth: lol

Since the alleged biting of travis zajacs finger in the last meeting between the devils and the flyers zajac has been on the best points streak (http://scoreboards.aol.com/hockey/nhl/player/228894/player_gamelog.aspx) of his career.

Bronx33
01-22-2008, 07:38 PM
Sloooo moooo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChNpT-NHN2k)

phillybroncosnut
01-22-2008, 09:46 PM
Ouch!!!!!!!! Have I mentioned how much I hate the forking Devils. Forget about it. The Pansies will make us well on Thursday. Where's Cindy? We need a whipping girl!

Bronx33
01-22-2008, 09:50 PM
Ouch!!!!!!!! Have I mentioned how much I hate the forking Devils. Forget about it. The Pansies will make us well on Thursday. Where's Cindy? We need a whipping girl!

The PK needs some work.

phillybroncosnut
01-22-2008, 10:00 PM
The PK needs some work.

Tonight was a fluke. The PK is above average. The Devils were something like 1-30 in the previous 5 games against the Flyers. Chalk it up to one of those games and another loss to the 666's. Fock em all!

Bronx33
01-22-2008, 10:27 PM
Tonight was a fluke. The PK is above average. The Devils were something like 1-30 in the previous 5 games against the Flyers. Chalk it up to one of those games and another loss to the 666's. Fock em all!

The PK just seems to allow too many shots the devils were shooting it from every possible angle and your boys were letting em.

chadta
01-24-2008, 09:48 PM
and that makes it 4 in a row :thumbsup:

im still trying to figure out how briere got a goalie interference penalty but staal didnt.

but hey no point complaining we won the game despite the refs trying to give it to the cindy less pens.

phillybroncosnut
01-24-2008, 11:31 PM
That 3rd goal was BS. First off, like you said, it was a blatant interference. 2nd, Staal knocked the net off before the puck went in. During live play it was impossible to see whether the net was off first becase I was at the game. However, they showed the reply 20 times on the big screen, slowing it down frame by frame and the net came off right before the puck crossed the line.
I still have no idea how it was not a goaltender interference.

As far as Briere.... he was stupid and deserved a penalty. There is no reason for him to skate through the crease in that situation. Stay out of the crease and you can't get a penalty there.

All in all it was a great night at the Big House! Fun times harassing Pen fans. Tied for first going into the all star break with a game in hand on everyone in the division.

chadta
01-25-2008, 06:09 AM
That 3rd goal was BS. First off, like you said, it was a blatant interference. 2nd, Staal knocked the net off before the puck went in. During live play it was impossible to see whether the net was off first becase I was at the game. However, they showed the reply 20 times on the big screen, slowing it down frame by frame and the net came off right before the puck crossed the line.
I still have no idea how it was not a goaltender interference.

As far as Briere.... he was stupid and deserved a penalty. There is no reason for him to skate through the crease in that situation. Stay out of the crease and you can't get a penalty there.

All in all it was a great night at the Big House! Fun times harassing Pen fans. Tied for first going into the all star break with a game in hand on everyone in the division.

i disagree on the briere thing, and frame by frame if stall wasnt in the net it was a goal, the net is allowd to be up it just cant have moved off the pegs, and you can clearly see the net is still on the pegs till after the puck, but like i said how that isnt a penalty is beyond me.

Bronx33
01-25-2008, 05:35 PM
Clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uXIc4EP4hw)

This should be a suspension IMO

phillybroncosnut
01-25-2008, 10:54 PM
Clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uXIc4EP4hw)

This should be a suspension IMO

You don't say!

chadta
01-26-2008, 10:14 AM
i couldnt even bring myself to comment on that one.

so hey pbn you gonna be watching redbull crashed ice tonight ? tsn 9pm, will be online, just use that canadian proxy i posted earlier (198.163.152.230 on port 3128)

heres a link with info about it looks awesome i wanna do it next year (http://www.redbullcrashedice.com/video.php)

Bronx33
01-26-2008, 07:52 PM
you guys are in your own world lol...

Bronx33
01-26-2008, 08:14 PM
So pens blog loses the bet and the winner gets to post on the losers site...

Link (http://thepensblog.blogspot.com/1984/04/in-which-flyers-flyers-fan-invades.html)

So the Pensblog and The 700 Level made a little mayor's wager on the outcome of the Flyers-Pens game last night, wherein the winning city's representative gets to post whatever suits their fancy on the other's site. Naturally, Philly won, and we are here to enjoy our spoils.

While trying to decide how to shape this post, several ideas came to mind. I could do a game thread, complete with hard returns after single sentences, cartoon characters doing adult things, and PhotoShops of Michel Therrian wearing a Borat singlet. Or perhaps I could be inflammatory, titling the post, "Another Chapter in the Annals of Pittsburgh's Inferiority Complex," and discussing the big brother city/little brother city relationship that defines our political and sporting rivalries (ie, you think there's a big rivalry; we don't pay attention to you). However, although they'd be fun and surely provide some oxygen for the comment flame, neither of those things would accurately convey how I feel about the Penguins. To be honest, I've always kind of liked PA's other hockey franchise.

How could anyone, at any time, find fault with Mario Lemieux? I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a black Jagr away jersey, with "Pittsburgh" diagonally down the front and an "A" on the chest (they need to go back to that design, by the way). When I was a wee hockey fan, I collected jerseys as soon as I could afford them, and this was my second favorite (Roy white Canadiens was first). I didn't love the Pens or anything, but it was hard not to be amazed by the play of a young Euro star like Jaromir Jagr. Years later, I wouldn't be caught dead in anything but Phila gear, but times were different when I was 11 years old and skating on a hose-frozen backyard snowfall.

When I heard the Penguins might lose their franchise, I thought it would be a devastating crime against hockey, and definitely the city of Pittsburgh. I nervously tracked the news, which was increasingly ominous for a while. And as much as it may surprise you, when I watched as Super Mario & Co. rebuilt that franchise with unprecedented good draft positions and perfect selections, I was happy. I can't lie; there are quite a few teams for which I have bus-accident hatred… The Penguins just aren't one of them. Not being from New York, New Jersey, or DC helps. We think of you kinda like we think of Baltimore, which is to say, we don't think about you very much at all.

But I am glad to see this rivalry heat up. Since both franchises entered the league in 1967, the Flyers have owned the Pens, winning 50 more games over that time frame. This year, Philly has won the first 4 games. How could I not welcome some new venom, and hopefully, bragging rights? Perhaps with time, rather than Lemieux's iconicism, the Darius Kasparitises of the world will become my new old Pens memories (both his being an absolute scumbag, and also the fact that he's in the frame when Keith Primeau hits "The Shot.")

Clip
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHGMqXQEfw4)
I can feel my dislike for the boys in Black and Vegas Gold growing daily though, and it does so not because of the Georges Laraque's of the world… my vitriol is aimed almost entirely at Sidney Crosby.

Crosby is undoubtedly a player of amazing talent and scary potential. He will be a thorn in the side of the Flyers and their fans for the next 10 years (at least). However, the same can be said for Evgeni Malkin, and to a lesser extent, Jordan Staal and perhaps Colby Armstrong. I'd love to see any of those latter guys skate in Orange and Black (as well as Laraque). Who wouldn't? I love to watch them play right now, even against my Flyers. But I don't want Crosby. He'd have no place in Philly with his dives, complaints, and expectations of kid-glove treatments. I understand it's crazy not to want an MVP-caliber player on your team, and Paul Holmgren likely wouldn't appreciate me saying so, but I hope to Kate Smith I never see Sid Crosby on the Flyers. He embodies the only kind of player I truly dislike. I like the agitators, the Euro burners, the fourth-line plodding Canadians, the brawlers who have so little talent they might as well where a cape and wrestling tights, even when they're on the other team; but I can't stand an immensely talented player who constantly takes dives, talks trash, but won't fight.

I'll take Mike Richards as my team's captain over Sid Crosby any day of the week. It takes more than scoring. It takes a man to be a leader on the ice, and so far, I don't see Crosby as that kind of guy. Go ahead and throw his stats at me. I know 'em. I don't care. I just don't like him.

That said, when I was having a beer in a hotel bar earlier this week and saw Crosby go down in a heap, with the words "high ankle sprain" at the bottom of the replay, I was pretty disappointed. I knew this great game was right around the corner, and the rivalry is more fun when Sid's on the ice, particularly in Philly. I also freely admit that Sid is great for hockey, a struggling sport that I love. His shootout goal in the Winter Classic helped get hockey some of the attention it deserves, and his absence at the All-Star festivities is unfortunate for the game.

phillybroncosnut
01-29-2008, 10:40 PM
The Flyboys take over the East division lead. They are 1 pt ahead of Pitts and 2 pts ahead of the Devils. They still have a game in hand on both teams.
What an ugly game with the Kings. Was it post allstar game rust or playing down to the competition? I think both. Doesnt matter though as they get the win and 2 points. On deck... The LAST PLACE Rangers.

How shocking Chad.... The great Colin Campbell decides that Laraques hit on Downey did not deserve a a suspension. Nah, Colin doesn't have a hard on for the Flyers. Right! Does that dickless moron flip a coin to decide suspensions? Whatever. I guess knuckle dragger will have to pay on the ice. Thats the 2nd dirty play he has pulled on the Flyers this season. The first being Laraques pathetic attempt to cut Birons leg out.
I wanted to puke watching Stevens and Holmgren have to "watch their words" when asked to give their opinion of Campbells decision to not suspend Laraque. What a joke.

Anyway.... GO FLYERS!

chadta
02-05-2008, 09:36 PM
Attila the hun scores the game winner, and makes a couple nice defensive plays en route to a 3-2 win over the atlanta thrashers, infront of what like 6500 people, god that was pathetic, kinda reminds me of the crowds in pittsburgh 3 years ago. Hilarious!

we are now just 3 points behind the sens with a game at hand.

Bronx33
02-09-2008, 04:16 PM
What did avery do to get a 10 min misconduct?

phillybroncosnut
02-10-2008, 07:00 PM
What did avery do to get a 10 min misconduct?

I was at the game so I am not 100% sure because I didn't hear the announcers. From what I saw, he kept going after the ref with his body and lips. Everytime they tried to put him in the box, he circled around to yap some more. Usually you see the ref put his hands on his hips, the same way an NFL ref signals offside, but I never saw him make that signal to call the misconduct. Who knows. I don't know if he got the misconduct before he kept yapping or if his yapping got him the misconduct.

chadta
02-10-2008, 07:25 PM
im a little concerned after this weekends performances, coburn goes down, gagne left the game today with what is being called a mild concussion, upshall is out a week to 10 days, and nobody is stepping up, briere is being the little bitch that i thought he would be, he gets pushed off the puck far to easily, today was a perfect example, cindy goes down, mcfluerry goes down and malkin takes the team on his back, 4 points ? come on, whos carrying the flyers ? our 3 line scoring depth has dried up, everybody is cold at once. and everything is so close that a few bad weeks and your out of the playoffs looking in. That being said, currently sitting in 6th place in the east would get us either the capitals or the hurricanes, which would be about the best possible matchup, and easiest way into the second round.

SoCalBronco
02-10-2008, 08:44 PM
nobody is stepping up, briere is being the little b**** that i thought he would be

http://bp3.blogger.com/_fw7iF68JR8k/R6-R1wQnB4I/AAAAAAAAK0I/KgH15wCtXqg/s400/Picture+8.png

BUST

chadta
02-10-2008, 09:04 PM
http://bp3.blogger.com/_fw7iF68JR8k/R6-R1wQnB4I/AAAAAAAAK0I/KgH15wCtXqg/s400/Picture+8.png

BUST

you havent shown your face all season, until now, your bordering on being a troll ya know :troll: , ya finally won a game tho congrats. :unamused:

the pic is pretty funny tho, id like to point out that i have never liked the idea of getting him, and hes showing why.

SoCalBronco
02-10-2008, 09:09 PM
you havent shown your face all season, until now, your bordering on being a troll ya know :troll: , ya finally won a game tho congrats. :unamused:

the pic is pretty funny tho, id like to point out that i have never liked the idea of getting him, and hes showing why.

I haven't shown my face all season? I have posted after most Penguins games....you just don't read the Penguins thread a whole lot.

phillybroncosnut
02-11-2008, 12:10 AM
While Briere deserves some blame, he is far from a bust. He is 2nd on the Flyers in points. His plus/minus is putrid though. It's easy to target the highest paid player, but, this weekend was just 2 games in a 82 game season. The Flyers are so streaky. They just came off of a 12 out of 15 streak and have now fallen back to earth. It happens, especially with a young team who is once again caught with injury issues.

chadta
02-11-2008, 10:29 AM
i disagree pbn, brierre has been invisible all year, hes been getting points but i never notice him out there, except when he give sup the puck cuz hes afraid of getting hit, he needs to play with the heart of upshall, another little guy whos not afriad of anybody.

phillybroncosnut
02-11-2008, 10:13 PM
i disagree pbn, brierre has been invisible all year, hes been getting points but i never notice him out there, except when he give sup the puck cuz hes afraid of getting hit, he needs to play with the heart of upshall, another little guy whos not afriad of anybody.

Sometimes I find myself saying "Where is Briere" when we need a big goal, so sometimes, I see what you are saying. However, Danny is 3rd on the team in goals (20) and 2nd on the team in assists (32). It's tough to be "invisible all year" when you take that into account.
I miss the days when we had Lindros. You knew when we were down by a goal late, he would take over and give us that late goal. If not, he would create enough space for Renberg or leclair to score. Primeau was the same. We don't have that. Hell, gagne isn't that guy either. The best player to fall back on is Mike Richards.
I love Scottie Upshall but I think he is on his way out. Somehow, he is in Stevens' doghouse (as is Lasse). i don't know why either player is in the doghouse. I think both could be great players. I know Upshall takes some dumb penalties but Stevens' needs to understand that Scottie is young and aggressive. Upshall will learn as time goes on. i just think it won't be in Philly. He was a healthy scratch a couple times this season and got moved down to the 3rd or 4th line a few times as well.
We'll see what happens when he's healthy though. It will be tough to get value for him while he's hurt if the Flyers plan on moving him at the deadline.

Bronx33
02-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Never heard of this injury..

he Philadelphia Flyers will be without Braydon Coburn for up to two weeks after tests revealed the defenseman suffered a torn artery in his left buttock in Saturday's loss to the Rangers.

"We'll probably know more in a few days," Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer. Holmgren said he'd never heard of such an injury.

According to the newspaper, Coburn wasn't sure how he injured himself in the Flyers' 2-0 loss to the Rangers. Lasse Kukkonen replaced Coburn in the lineup for Sunday's 4-3 loss to Pittsburgh.

"You don't want to see anyone go down, especially like that, a guy rushed to the hospital," Kukkonen said, according to the Inquirer. "I heard he is OK. I talked to him last night, and he is feeling better."

Coburn, who turns 23 on Feb. 27, has four goals and 20 assists in 54 games this season.

phillybroncosnut
02-12-2008, 07:04 PM
Yeah.... What they didnt say in that piece is that Coburn was rushed out of the arena on Saturday during the 2nd period to the hospital to have emergency surgery. Scary stuff.

phillybroncosnut
02-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Add Lupol to the list of "wtf" injuries. Wow, they are swirling around the bowl right now. Briere is taking alot of heat from the not so kind Philly media.

There are a few positives right now though. Ryan Parent has looked awesome in his 2 games and Lasse Kukkonen has been great as well. I really think Kuk's is a top 4 defenseman on this team. I'm not sure why Stevens doesn't see the same.
Also, if the Flyers can just hang on and get in the second season, they have as good a chance as anyone in the east. I don't care who the 8 seed in the east is. Everyone of these teams has a chance.
Hell, it's better then losing 6 games in a row headed into the playoffs. Get the ugly's out of the way now.

Bronx33
02-17-2008, 12:36 PM
Add Lupol to the list of "wtf" injuries. Wow, they are swirling around the bowl right now. Briere is taking alot of heat from the not so kind Philly media.

There are a few positives right now though. Ryan Parent has looked awesome in his 2 games and Lasse Kukkonen has been great as well. I really think Kuk's is a top 4 defenseman on this team. I'm not sure why Stevens doesn't see the same.
Also, if the Flyers can just hang on and get in the second season, they have as good a chance as anyone in the east. I don't care who the 8 seed in the east is. Everyone of these teams has a chance.
Hell, it's better then losing 6 games in a row headed into the playoffs. Get the ugly's out of the way now.

I know how ya feel we were just getting to the point of having full lines again and clark dislocates his shoulder the other night throwing the D rotation into a tizzy. (it's frustrating)

phillybroncosnut
02-17-2008, 12:39 PM
Bronx, You gotta link to man games lost per team in the NHL this year? Should be interesting to see where the Flyers stand. The Flyers broadcast team said it last night when comparing the Flyers to the Habs. the Habs only have 1 man game lost all year. Is that correct?

phillybroncosnut
02-17-2008, 12:42 PM
I wonder if any team will give up a bag of pucks and throw in some hockey tape for Hatcher at this point. I dont care what we get for him, if anything. I just want Parent and/or Kuk's in the lineup from here on out.

Bronx33
02-17-2008, 12:54 PM
I wonder if any team will give up a bag of pucks and throw in some hockey tape for Hatcher at this point. I dont care what we get for him, if anything. I just want Parent and/or Kuk's in the lineup from here on out.

I was never a big hatcher fan it seems he just skates around and hacks a slashes anymore his best times are long gone.

Bronx33
02-17-2008, 12:55 PM
Bronx, You gotta link to man games lost per team in the NHL this year? Should be interesting to see where the Flyers stand. The Flyers broadcast team said it last night when comparing the Flyers to the Habs. the Habs only have 1 man game lost all year. Is that correct?

Iam not sure but that would be pretty amazing if true (i will look around)

chadta
02-17-2008, 01:15 PM
stupid habs fans (http://forums.habsworld.net/index.php?showtopic=14351)

ya know i kinda like briere for what he just did

incase you missed it, price got his first nhl shutout last night, and as the buzzer went briere flipped the puck into the crowd.

good for him, stupid fans boo him every time he touches the puck because he didnt sign there, get a life.

Bronx33
02-17-2008, 01:16 PM
Ok it appears it's not a stat anybody keeps track of but i did find this, if you can pinpoint when which player went down you could calculate man games on your team.

Heres a list of all players that missed any time what so ever for each team i bet you could get a fairly close total.

http://freefantasy.nhl.com/hockey/reports/pp_injury.asp

chadta
02-17-2008, 01:50 PM

remember dood just before christmas we lost 6 in a row, and then went on to go 13-1-1 , so we are a very streaky team, all it takes is a good streak at the right time, it only takes 16 wins to win the cup come playoff time.

phillybroncosnut
02-17-2008, 02:46 PM
Totally agree Chad. I firmly believe ANYONE has a chance to get to the finals in the east.

Bronx33
02-17-2008, 07:10 PM
Link
(http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20080217_On_the_NHL__A_vote_in_favor_of_change.htm l)On Briere. Everyone who thinks Danny Briere has been a waste of money needs to take a deep breath.

Of the top three free-agent centers available last summer - Briere, Chris Drury and Scott Gomez - only Gomez has found the right partners on the ice and is on the "plus" side, barely. It took a while for Gomez to achieve that with the Rangers. Both Briere and Drury have not found chemistry, and it's affecting their offensive numbers. Both are minus players.

Of the players who have earned millions of dollars, Briere is the least-defensive-minded center the Flyers have ever had, but the team knew that and accepted it based on his projected offensive numbers.

If Simon Gagne is healthy, this probably is a nonissue. Losing Gagne for much of the season has hurt Briere considerably. Briere should get a one-year pass.

phillybroncosnut
02-17-2008, 07:25 PM
Coburn in, Lupol out and Downie out. (As I type, Richie just scored a SH goal to tie the game 1-1).

I hate this pattern. Last night we get Upshall back from a 2 week injury and lose Lupol. Tonight we get Braydon Coburn back and lose Downie. WTF!!!!!!!!

Lupol is in a cast with a high ankle sprain. Downie has an "upper body injury".

BTW Bronx, according to the Flyers website, the Flyers have 213 man games lost this season. With Gagne, and Lupol out indefinately, and the uncertainty of Downie's injury, that number will climb quickly. This blows.

We just have to find a way to stay competitive. Just don't fall to far out of the playoffs before the troops get back.

Bronx33
02-17-2008, 07:36 PM
Coburn in, Lupol out and Downie out. (As I type, Richie just scored a SH goal to tie the game 1-1).

I hate this pattern. Last night we get Upshall back from a 2 week injury and lose Lupol. Tonight we get Braydon Coburn back and lose Downie. WTF!!!!!!!!

Lupol is in a cast with a high ankle sprain. Downie has an "upper body injury".

BTW Bronx, according to the Flyers website, the Flyers have 213 man games lost this season. With Gagne, and Lupol out indefinately, and the uncertainty of Downie's injury, that number will climb quickly. This blows.

We just have to find a way to stay competitive. Just don't fall to far out of the playoffs before the troops get back.

This is where you find out how deep you are and what youngsters are willing to step it up and well as veterans.

chadta
02-17-2008, 07:48 PM
This is where you find out how deep you are and what youngsters are willing to step it up and well as veterans.

not very deep if losing 3 forwards makes us put a d man up instead of bringin up somebody.

side note, how is that begin hit any different then downies 20 gamer ? he took a run, at an unsuspecting opponent, and it was a blow to the head while he was jumping off the ice.

i wont even start on what was wrong with the last 10 seconds of the period.

Bronx33
02-17-2008, 07:50 PM
not very deep if losing 3 forwards makes us put a d man up instead of bringin up somebody.

side note, how is that begin hit any different then downies 20 gamer ? he took a run, at an unsuspecting opponent, and it was a blow to the head while he was jumping off the ice.

i wont even start on what was wrong with the last 10 seconds of the period.

Huh?

chadta
02-17-2008, 07:56 PM
the guy that hit tolpeko, who yeah had his head down like mccamond, the guy that smith tried to fight with. he was off the ice just as much as downie, tolpeko had his head just as far down as mccamond, and begin took just as much of a run as downie did, it was a clear head shot.

once again i dont think either hit deserves anything more then the 2 minute penalty, BUT why does downie get 20 games for the exact same hit.

chadta
02-17-2008, 09:54 PM
well that was pathetic, it didnt bother me sucking last week cuz i was on afternoons and didnt waste my time watching the games, im on days this week so they better play better then that or ima be pissed.

phillybroncosnut
02-17-2008, 10:11 PM
Totally agree about the Begin hit. Whatever though. I guess we can add Tolpeko to the injury list as well. Why won't they call up Ruzicka? I gotta check out his contract. Tolpeka, and Greentree. Ruzicka is by far the best scorer on the Phantoms.
We are now out of the playoffs but I am not surprised. Why Stevens hasn't come under fire I have no clue. The guy's system blows. You can't play a "zone" D at even strength anymore. There's a reason we are grossly outshot every game.
I always thought it was a bad idea to have a passive coach with no experience coaching a bunch of inexperienced players. I'm rambling but I'm grasping here.

Oh yeah, and when did Guy Carbaneau become the Bill Lambeer of the NHL? Does that guy cry like that after every penalty called on his team?

chadta
02-17-2008, 10:17 PM
yup apparntly downie suffered a concusion last night, i dunno when, and tolpeko is listed as out 7-10 days.

bring on the senaturds

i cant wait to get to work tommorrow and listen to all the damn habs fans, thank god for ipod and ear plugs

phillybroncosnut
02-17-2008, 10:37 PM
yup apparntly downie suffered a concusion last night, i dunno when, and tolpeko is listed as out 7-10 days.

bring on the senaturds

i cant wait to get to work tommorrow and listen to all the damn habs fans, thank god for ipod and ear plugs

Meh, the Habs aren't going anywhere anyway. So, they bust ur balls now, you bust their balls later. You'll get the last laugh. Besides, judging by this post, their fans are really dumb......

"I am glad Boullion made the Flyers pay for that hit to the head...I am almost 100% sure that will be reviewed by Colin Campbell and whoever laid that hit on Kostitsyn...I think it was Upshall? will be suspended...that was a ridiculous shot and the NHL is trying to get rid of that garbage. On a side note...LOVE how begin set the tone and gave whoever that was some frequent flyer miles!!! GO GO"

Wow, talk about bass ackwards! That was from the board you linked earlier. It was the game thread, post 67.

chadta
02-17-2008, 10:42 PM
ya know being in canada im surrounded by leaf fans and hab fans, last year when we sucked was perfect, neither of them could say a thing cuz they both missed the playoffs, this year the leafs have takin our place, and the habs are actually doing good, which makes there fans all that much more obnoxious .

Bronx33
02-18-2008, 03:05 PM
Just a rumor i found...

Link
(http://ottsun.canoe.ca/Sports/Hockey/2008/02/18/4856858.html)

By BRUCE GARRIOCH, Sun Media

NAPLES, FLA. - Tomas Kaberle could be on the move.

Two league executives told the Sun talks to send the Toronto Maple Leafs defenceman to the Philadelphia Flyers have intensified in the last 24 hours.

The belief is Kaberle may have been asked to waive his no movement clause and if he agrees a deal could be completed.

Toronto Maple Leafs GM Cliff Fletcher was asked today if he had requested that any of his five players with no movement clauses waive them? He said he hadn't, but admitted there was nothing stopping him from doing that.

"They have no trade clauses so they control their own destiny," said Fletcher.

Fletcher and Flyers GM Paul Holmgren were seen meeting briefly earlier today. They are in Georgia along with the other NHL GMs for their annual mid-season meetings.

chadta
02-18-2008, 04:20 PM
in more important news, forsberg wont be coming back, thank god, now the team can get on with things.

not sure how i feel about kaberle, depends on what he costs.

also claude giroux is supposed to be an emergency call up for the game in ottawa, just 1 day after taking over the scoring lead in the Q. i hope its true id love to see what he can do.

phillybroncosnut
02-18-2008, 07:31 PM
I am excited about Giroux. However, I wish the Flyers would give Ruzicka a look. I think he is more then ready for the NHL.
Kaberle is an interesting name. We've been hearing he is coming to Philly since the Lindros soap opera. I would take him. He's a puck moving defenseman and lord knows, we need another one of those. Every team is looking for one though so I hope there isn't a bidding war for Kaberle. If there is, I don't want to overpay for him. Toronto isn't gonna want a veteren for him so it will have to be a young player or pick. A pick won't take some of the cap hit we will take on. I worry what we may have to give up. Carter is too much to give up, as is Umberger. Maybe Ryan Parent? I hope not. I wouldn't do it.
I got it. I just came up with the player and you won't like it..... Scottie Upshall. His contract is up soon and I don't think he will be resigned anyway.

Would you do Kaberle for Upshall? I think I know you will say no. I would do it though. We have enough young talented wingers. You can never have enough skilled defenseman.

chadta
02-18-2008, 07:54 PM
i would but i dont think upshall gets the deal done, if i was toronto i wouldnt do that deal. maybe upshall and a third.

i really think they had upshall with briere to try and showcase him to trade him, but i realy dont think hes enough to get a puck moving d man with a resonable price tag.

plus we would still have to clear cap room, so we gotta get hatcher off the books, and probally knuble or kapanen just to fit kabrele under.

dont see it happening, less we trade knuble for a pick then trade upshall and that pick to toronto.

phillybroncosnut
02-18-2008, 08:07 PM
Chad, did you ever see the Downie/Clarkson fight from about a month ago? Funniest chit I've ever seen. Downie was literally laughing in the dude's face as he was trying to hit Downie. Heres a clip from youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e85uC-vXGyo

and another in slowmo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO9Z5EMjQME&feature=related

phillybroncosnut
02-18-2008, 09:56 PM
i would but i dont think upshall gets the deal done, if i was toronto i wouldnt do that deal. maybe upshall and a third.

i really think they had upshall with briere to try and showcase him to trade him, but i realy dont think hes enough to get a puck moving d man with a resonable price tag.

plus we would still have to clear cap room, so we gotta get hatcher off the books, and probally knuble or kapanen just to fit kabrele under.

dont see it happening, less we trade knuble for a pick then trade upshall and that pick to toronto.

I don't know. Upshall is a pretty good chip. I would throw in the 3rd rounder if thats what they held out for.

Kap's if a fan favorite yet has zero trade value. if you can't get anything for him, they should just keep him to keep the natives happy. Knuble is another story. I look at it this way.... the old saying is sell high buy low. Well, Knuble is a major reason why we were the #1 PP for virtually the entire year (now #2). Mike has 15 PP goals. That should make him very attractive to other teams. We all know he is useless on 5 on 5 because he has no stick handling ability and is slower then my grandmom on skates. When he is able to camp out in front on the PP, he is a beast.
I think you can find any big stiff to fill that role. Hell, throw Hatcher down there on the PP (jk, sort of). I think if we can find a trade partner for knuible, make the deal. i'm not even looking for much in return. Just getting his salary off the books is enough for me.

chadta
02-19-2008, 03:50 PM
apparently we got modry of the kings for a third rounder, everything ive seen of him tells me hes a bigger slower less physical version of hatcher, god help us.

maybe champ can shed some light on modry for us

24champ
02-19-2008, 04:01 PM

King fans have hated Modry for YEARS, but on the bright side though he had a solid season thus far. He is consistent as a 5/6 dman. Don't expect much from him, he can be solid and thats it. Probably an OK trade since your looking for depth on D.

What I've been traded to Philly? ROFL!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/mcphersonm80/Modry.jpg

chadta
02-19-2008, 04:57 PM
thanks champ, hes gotta be better then rory fitzpatrick and jim (turnover) vandermeer

phillybroncosnut
02-19-2008, 09:00 PM
apparently we got modry of the kings for a third rounder, everything ive seen of him tells me hes a bigger slower less physical version of hatcher, god help us.

Maybe this means Hatcher is done. I've heard worse news in my life.

I swear, Umberger is the second best all around player on this team. Giroux looks very poised out there. You'd never know he is 20.

alkemical
02-19-2008, 11:58 PM
I like umberger

phillybroncosnut
02-23-2008, 03:06 PM
I for one thought Modry looked good. he is was more mobile then Hatcher and can actually move the puck up ice. The Flyers also finally called Stefan Ruzicka up. He looked good in his first game collecting an assist. Giroux looks great.
Richards, briere, Carter and Umberger should be ashamed of themselves. I understand that the massive amounts of injuries have really hurt but all of them HAVE to step it up and not one of them has.
Thank god Vandermeer is gone. I have been pleading for this since his second game back with the Flyers.

We've just picked up an extra $5.2 million of cap money with Gagne being done for the year. with that said, I think the Flyers should be sellers an d not buyers at the deadline. Kapanen, Knuble, and at this point I'd consider trading Jason Smith. I think we are set at D going into next season. Timonen, Coburn, Randy Jones, Parent, Kukkenon, and Andre Picard. We could get a boatload for Jason Smith.

This could go either way. I don't see the Flyers throwing in the towel. The Flyers always have tried to do everything and anything to put a winner on the ice. I would'nt be surprised to see the Flyers go after a Marian Hossa with all that new found cap money, but, I would rather see the Flyers sell though.

chadta
02-23-2008, 04:27 PM
i expect us to sell the players you mentioned and still try an pick something up, honestly i dont think smith is really much better then hatcher at this point, kapanen should just be waived nobodys gonna want him, knuble may be usefull to somebody but i dont really expect much for him, that clears alot of cap room to get carter ane umberger signed next year.

Bronx33
02-23-2008, 07:11 PM
Chad, did you ever see the Downie/Clarkson fight from about a month ago? Funniest chit I've ever seen. Downie was literally laughing in the dude's face as he was trying to hit Downie. Heres a clip from youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e85uC-vXGyo

and another in slowmo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO9Z5EMjQME&feature=related

I will bet those sledgehammers in the earhole were not all that funny. :~ohyah!:

Bronx33
02-23-2008, 07:43 PM
PHILADELPHIA FLYERS-Claimed F Patrick Thoresen off waivers from Edmonton. Assigned F Claude Giroux to Gatineau of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.

chadta
02-23-2008, 09:19 PM
knew something was gonna happen giroux was an emergency call up and as such could only play 2 games before he had to be sent back.

as i type the panthers just scored with 3.7seconds left to force overtime

chadta
02-24-2008, 08:12 AM
well as bad as that choke job was it wasnt even the worst news of the night, mike richards is out for "3 weeks" with a torn hamstring, personally i think hes done for the year too.

this is karma at its finest, pbn we shouldnt have laughed at cindy so much, altho those guys picked it up when guys went down, our guys seem to be rolling over.

phillybroncosnut
02-24-2008, 09:51 AM
I will bet those sledgehammers in the earhole were not all that funny. :~ohyah!:

yeah, if any of them landed, which they didnt.

phillybroncosnut
02-24-2008, 10:11 AM
i expect us to sell the players you mentioned and still try an pick something up, honestly i dont think smith is really much better then hatcher at this point, kapanen should just be waived nobodys gonna want him, knuble may be usefull to somebody but i dont really expect much for him, that clears alot of cap room to get carter ane umberger signed next year.

I kinda disagree. Kapanen still has speed and plays with more energy then alot of players in this league. I don't expect to get much at all but I can see how some playoff teams could covet him.
Jason Smith is extremely physical and let's not forget he was a Captain in Edmonton as well as with the Flyers. That leadership and experience is as important come playoff time as someone who put's the puck in the net. I think we could get a 2nd rounder or high prospect for him.
Knuble, like I said before, is useless at even strength. With that said, he is either first or second in the entire NHL in PP goals (16). We all know that special teams make or break teams in the playoffs. I think Knuble could get us more then he should command.

It all depends on how many teams get involved. If only 1 team wants Knuble, it will be hard to extract more then that team is originally offering. If more then 1 team wants any of the above players, we can use them against each other and milk them like a cow.

With the news about Richie, I am on the fence on what direction I want this team to go the rest of the way. If Richie is out 3 weeks, Gagne out for the year, Lupol out at least 2 more weeks, Downie out who knows how long, it might be time to "hope" we finish in the bottom 5 for draft position. Even if we turn it around and sneak into the playoffs, we have little hope with all these injuries.

I heard rumbles at the game last night that the Flyers were going after Hossa, Tangay, and Dan Boyle. I doubt any of those names will be coming to Philly after Richie's injury. Although, if we could get Boyle, I would do it. He is a #1 D-man in this league. Carter and a pick.

Chad, the good news is, giving up the tying goal with 3 seconds left and Richie being out 3 weeks is officially "rock bottom". Can't get any worse from here.

Bronx33
02-24-2008, 01:31 PM
Link (http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/131-02242008-1492729.html)

If the Flyers players believe that a trade or two will cure all their problems, they're probably misguided.

And that comes from their general manager.

Paul Holmgren doesn't deny he still has his “lines in the water” ahead of Tuesday's NHL trade deadline.

But he's already told the players that it's going to take more than the acquisition of a star player or two to turn things around and presumably get back in the playoff chase.

“We talked about that with the leadership group,” Holmgren said about a meeting he had with the veterans the other day. “The fact of the matter is, we may do nothing. They have to understand that, so stop looking around. Maybe you should look in the mirror.”

Granted, the Flyers are beat up right now, with three key players — Simon Gagne, Joffrey Lupul and Derian Hatcher — sidelined long term.

But if the players still standing think a Mats Sundin, Marian Hossa or Olli Jokinen is going to come here and save the day, they're mistaken.

Holmgren is the first to acknowledge that.

“We need to dig in deeper,” he said. “I'm not sure one player is going to make that big of a difference until the guys here start digging in, if in fact we get that one guy.”

As for the actual possibility of a significant trade, Holmgren continues to emphasize that he's not going to mortgage the team's future. Even if the weekend began with the Flyers mired in a nine-game winless streak.

“The competitive side of all of us (general managers) comes out when we get into a situation like this,” Holmgren said. “The team is struggling and you want to do something to jumpstart it maybe now.

“I think the idea is maybe we have to take a step back and be careful not to jeopardize what we believe to be a pretty good young team.”

Who knows? That just might be a smokescreen. Holmgren might be on the verge of a couple blockbuster deals. But again, he insists on the record he can't let mounting losses or injuries affect his thought process.

“As bad as we all want to win, we don't want to do anything that is going to hurt us next year or the year after that.”

Of course, at every trade deadline, a team's young players become targets. Holmgren said he wouldn't be foreign to dealing a young player ... as long as he gets a young player back.

“I don't know if we would be opposed with young for young,” he said. “Maybe a different position. Let's just say, a guy who's 34 in the last year of his contract, that's something we would probably steer away from.”

Jeff Carter's name has popped up in a number of trade rumors. Holmgren said he's not looking to trade Carter but didn't come out and say what would happen if he got an offer he couldn't refuse.

In other words, untouchable status isn't certain.

“We've had conversations with Jeff, there's no way we're looking to trade him,” Holmgren said. “He's part of our future. His play has been on track for a young guy, I think. And it continues to get better. There are stretches where there can be improvement but there's also stretches where he's taken bigger strides than we would have expected.”

Holmgren sees this two-week nosedive as more of a collective thing, not just a player or two.

“I think our team over the course of the season has relied on playing the game a certain way,” Holmgren said. “In my opinion we don't do enough little things well all the time to win on a more consistent basis. I think that's why we're in this slump. Far too many times we don't put the puck on the net. We don't chip it in deep and chase it. We try to make fancy plays inside the blue line. Sometimes the better play is to just get the puck out and up.

“The teams that are up in the standings do little things really well. We need to start doing that. I told the veteran guys that.”

phillybroncosnut
02-24-2008, 02:00 PM
Gotta love Homer! He gets it. he is a Flyer through and through. If I had a direct line to Homer I would tell him.... DON"T BUY. Unless of course he gets young for young (ie Carter for Boyle).
We have to remember, most of the key guys on this team are either in their first year or only have 1 year under their belt (Carter, Richards, Umberger, Coburn, Randy Jones, Downie, Parent, Kuk's, Cote, upshall, Tolpeko, Ruzicka). Let's also not forget, this team has turned over their entire lineup from last season. This entire team, for the most part, is playing together for the first time. Add to that all the injuries the ENTIRE SEASON, and this team has had little to no time to gel. I'm not making excuses, just telling facts. We all know how important it is for each line to gain chemistry. The fact of the matter is, with the injuries, the lines have changed so much since day 1 that they couldn't possible retain any chemistry together.
That said, this has been a disappointing streak. As a season ticket holder, I never once expected us to make a Cup run this season. I was hoping for a playoff birth but after last season and all the change, that was a 50/50 proposition. 10 games ago, I would have called you an idiot if you said we wouldn't make the playoffs. That's where the disappointment lies. However, if you told me we would lose Downie, Gagne, and Lupul for the season, and Braydon Coburn and Hatcher, and Scottie upshall would miss a bulk of games together, I probably wouldn't have called you an idiot for saying we'd miss the playoffs.

Back to the point..... Homer, sell whatever you can. This team is poised for the future. Don't f.uck it up by trying to appease this fanbase by making a foolish deal. No need to push the panic button for 2007 when this team is set up for a 10 year run.

chadta
02-24-2008, 04:23 PM
i dont do carter for boyle, hes only signed till the end of the year, sorry not worth it.

phillybroncosnut
02-24-2008, 08:08 PM
i dont do carter for boyle, hes only signed till the end of the year, sorry not worth it.

So is Carter. Thats the reason Carter has been the subject of trade rumors all year. Going into the season, Richards, Carter and Umberger were all free at the end of the season. They have Richie locked in but there is fear that they can't keep Umberger AND Carter. If you have to choose who to keep, I'd keep Umberger over Carter.

chadta
02-24-2008, 08:18 PM
but carter will be cheaper to keep the boyle, hes done nothing to warrant a big deal, tho good d man are harder to find then third line centers, i still dont think i do that deal

phillybroncosnut
02-24-2008, 08:47 PM
I;m not so sure TB would do it. Part of the reason they will have trouble keeping Boyle is because they have so much tied up in Vinny, Richards and ST Louis. I think thats 80% of their cap # locked up in 3 guys. I doubt they will take Carter who will be looking to cash in this off season. They look like they will lose Prospal as well. I wish the Flyers kept Vaclav (vinny). I can't remember what we got in return for him. I think it was a deadline deal gone wrong.
If we go after Boyle, I am sure it will be for a Picard, or Parent and a pick or just straight up pick(s).

alkemical
02-25-2008, 08:48 AM
I for one thought Modry looked good. he is was more mobile then Hatcher and can actually move the puck up ice. The Flyers also finally called Stefan Ruzicka up. He looked good in his first game collecting an assist. Giroux looks great.
Richards, briere, Carter and Umberger should be ashamed of themselves. I understand that the massive amounts of injuries have really hurt but all of them HAVE to step it up and not one of them has.
Thank god Vandermeer is gone. I have been pleading for this since his second game back with the Flyers.

We've just picked up an extra $5.2 million of cap money with Gagne being done for the year. with that said, I think the Flyers should be sellers an d not buyers at the deadline. Kapanen, Knuble, and at this point I'd consider trading Jason Smith. I think we are set at D going into next season. Timonen, Coburn, Randy Jones, Parent, Kukkenon, and Andre Picard. We could get a boatload for Jason Smith.

This could go either way. I don't see the Flyers throwing in the towel. The Flyers always have tried to do everything and anything to put a winner on the ice. I would'nt be surprised to see the Flyers go after a Marian Hossa with all that new found cap money, but, I would rather see the Flyers sell though.

I don't know if Hossa is a good long-term fit for what your team is trying to build though. He can help, but does he fit with the identity you guys are trying to build?

chadta
02-25-2008, 08:51 AM
I don't know if Hossa is a good long-term fit for what your team is trying to build though. He can help, but does he fit with the identity you guys are trying to build?

i agree, BUT neither is briere, and we can all see how thats turning out, i would take hossa only if briere was going the other way, otherwise we will be in a bad position, see tampa bay, with half the cap tied up in 3 players.

alkemical
02-25-2008, 09:14 AM
i agree, BUT neither is briere, and we can all see how thats turning out, i would take hossa only if briere was going the other way, otherwise we will be in a bad position, see tampa bay, with half the cap tied up in 3 players.

Well, they did win a cup though... So i guess you have to value for what it's worth.

chadta
02-25-2008, 10:52 AM
Well, they did win a cup though... So i guess you have to value for what it's worth.

the cup win was the cause of the big contracts that are now criplling the team, richards signed his in 06, st louis signed his after the cup win in 05, not the result of the big contracts.

alkemical
02-25-2008, 12:19 PM
the cup win was the cause of the big contracts that are now criplling the team, richards signed his in 06, st louis signed his after the cup win in 05, not the result of the big contracts.

Still though, i don't think your team has an real identity yet. I think a few people need to leave IMO. Philly always has a strong and deep team, but each year there is always "something" missing. One year(more than not ;) ), it might be goaltending (seriously, how does Philly "break" so many goalies?), or maybe the D isn't just up to snuff, etc. I think if you move briere for hossa, one good thing would be, you could dump the contract that way. Hossa has 1yr left (this year) - so you could look at it as a sort of buy out. That would be a positive.

As good as Hossa is, i would not want the Pens to go for him. With contract renewals for Staal & Malkin, and who knows what's going to happen with Fluery (i'm assuming a renewal as well), the pens are going to go in the direction of having a solid core, and adding role players.

The Flyers have some really good core talent. I think Hossa just isn't what identity your team wants to go in. Granted you have briere, but that's the types of things I mean when i opened with the "identity" of your team.

It's why i'm excited about things with the Pens. I mean crosby is what, 20yrs old. He's only going to mature. That's why i don't care about the "whiner" label. I figure right now he's pissy, but hell i was a prick when i was 20... so how can i fault that, ya know.

I like richards on your team - and i think Umberger is a good player too.

I also think the front office moves for your team were way over due. As a pens fan, i wished bobby clarke would GM forever (ala carl peterson). But really, to win a cup you need clarke totally out of your team's affairs. That's an outsider telling you this, not out of anything other than i think he ****s it up.

I think gagne should be kicked to the curb too. I think he's over the hill. I also wished Primeau would have played for another team, i could have liked him then. ;)

chadta
02-25-2008, 12:31 PM
they have an identity, the team from the city with the curse of the ben franklin statue.

phillybroncosnut
02-25-2008, 09:57 PM
Whew! I love you Danny!!!! Suck it Buffalo fans.

phillybroncosnut
02-25-2008, 10:01 PM
Welcome back Vinny Prospal. Giving up Picard is not that big a price at all. Good deal Homer.

chadta
02-25-2008, 11:31 PM
Whew! I love you Danny!!!! Suck it Buffalo fans.

i still hate him, and i still hate the shoot out, and while i think th eprospal deal was a good one, its not the one we needed.

phillybroncosnut
02-26-2008, 12:09 AM
i still hate him, and i still hate the shoot out, and while i think th eprospal deal was a good one, its not the one we needed.

I gotta admit, I have a soft spot for Danny after Saturday. I waited after the game with my so for autographs. Danny was the last one out and my son and I were the only one's left waiting. Danny took the time to joke around with my son. He also had a 5 minute conversation with me. I told him to keep his chin up and don't let the boo's get to him. he said something that shocked me. He said he doesn't blame the fans for booing. Danny said he needed to do alot more to help the team win. He also said that if he was a normal working guy who had to shell out $200 a game, he would boo to.
Danny was a humble, down to earth guy. Soft spoken, yet determined to get the job done. From here on out, he is now one of my favorite players. The whole story sounds corney, I know, but it is what it is.

I'm interested in finding out what you think is the deal we "need" to make
Is it a specific player or position? I like the Prospal deal. He should be immediately plugged in on the Briere line. Vinny has incredible vision and should be able to feed Danny. We will see how quickly the can gel. I think we need Defense but, defense is more of a system then a player. You can't just add the top defenseman in the league and all of a sudden become a defensive force. If the Flyers are seriously trying to win this year, adding one guy to the blue line won't make or break em.
I was kind of all around that deal huh? I was talking about Prospal and then said the Flyers would give up Picard and a pick for Boyle. I was So close.

phillybroncosnut
02-26-2008, 12:12 AM
I also don't believe Homer is done. I have a weird feeling that something big will happen. I think one of the young guns is going away. I just have that strange hunch. I could be completely wrong though.

Bronx33
02-26-2008, 04:26 PM
Welcome back Vinny Prospal. Giving up Picard is not that big a price at all. Good deal Homer.

a 2009 conditional pick was also in the deal.

phillybroncosnut
02-26-2008, 07:22 PM
a 2009 conditional pick was also in the deal.

Forget the conditional pick. It's Calgary's 3rd (for Jim Vanderturnover). It moves to a 2nd if the Flyers make the eastern conference finals this year. Like I said, it's a 3rd rounder.

chadta
03-01-2008, 11:30 AM
what the heck does that have to do with the flyers ?

back on topic here.

afternoon game today, and again tommorrow. Hopefully they keep playing with that edge, the same one that they started the season off with, pounding other teams into turnovers works. keep it up guys.

Bronx33
03-01-2008, 01:31 PM
what the heck does that have to do with the flyers ?

back on topic here.

afternoon game today, and again tommorrow. Hopefully they keep playing with that edge, the same one that they started the season off with, pounding other teams into turnovers works. keep it up guys.

Damn sorry wrong board i will light myself on fire.

Bronx33
03-01-2008, 01:48 PM
Big game today flyer nation it seems the flyer need to draw a line in the sand and the islanders are 7-2 in the last 9.

phillybroncosnut
03-01-2008, 03:51 PM
up 2-1 after 2. They are playing sound team hockey the last 2 games. They are also limiting their turnovers. Jeff Carter and RJ have really stepped up their play as well. Carter has looked like the Keith Primeau we saw a few years ago in the playoffs. We need that right now.

phillybroncosnut
03-01-2008, 04:05 PM
The special team stud strikes again. Mike Knuble gives the Flyers a 3-1 lead with 8 minutes to go. No, he didn't add to his PP goal total, this one was short handed.

phillybroncosnut
03-01-2008, 04:10 PM
Good news, bad news.....

Winger Joffrey Lupul could be back in the Flyers lineup next weekend (7 days from today).

Defneseman Darrian Hatcher could be back in the Flyers lineup next weekend.

Bronx33
03-01-2008, 04:19 PM
big win today

Bronx33
03-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Anybody watchin the rangers game? penalty festival thus far.

phillybroncosnut
03-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Anybody watchin the rangers game? penalty festival thus far.

Great game today. Very entertaining. Both starting Goalies looked like chit. I think Biron just locked up the #1 the rest of the way. Thank god there is no shootout in the playoffs (if we make it). Biron might be the worst G ever in the shootout.
Carter is playing out of his mind. Another multi-point game today. It was very important getting a point today. I'll take a 3 point New York weekend. Big game coming Tuesday against Buffalo. Lets keep the offense going (and tighten up that D).

It should be interesting to see what Stevens does with the PP when Richie gets back. Braydon Coburn, who took over the point since Richie has been out scored a PP goal the last 2 games. Good problem to have.

chadta
03-02-2008, 07:47 PM
2 things, 1st shoot outs still suck

2nd you should still not get a point for losing a game.

3rd we got out coached today, both goalies let in 3 questionable goals in the first period, one was smart enough to pull his, the other waited until the 4th goal was scored, also why the heck was boulerice playing not downie ? if they wanted boulerice in so bad they should have sat kappy, who brings nothing to the table, dotn get me wrong he still tries, but hes got hands of stone and the vision of stevie wonder, sounds just liek boulerice except he takes stupid penalties too.

ok i guess that was 3 things

phillybroncosnut
03-02-2008, 08:30 PM
2 things, 1st shoot outs still suck

2nd you should still not get a point for losing a game.

3rd we got out coached today, both goalies let in 3 questionable goals in the first period, one was smart enough to pull his, the other waited until the 4th goal was scored, also why the heck was boulerice playing not downie ? if they wanted boulerice in so bad they should have sat kappy, who brings nothing to the table, dotn get me wrong he still tries, but hes got hands of stone and the vision of stevie wonder, sounds just liek boulerice except he takes stupid penalties too.

ok i guess that was 3 things

I was wondering why Jesse was in and Steve was out. My speculation was, and this is merely a guess, Downie may have had a setback with his concussion. It was only the first or second game back from his concussion and he dropped the gloves. He took a couple of wicked shots to the head during a very good "punch in the face" contest. Again, it's a guess but I have no idea why you would play Jesse in favor of Downie.
I agree about shootouts. I would go 4 on 4 for 5 minutes, then 3 on 3 for 10 minutes. Someone will score within those 15 minutes and it would be as entertaining as the shootout and you would still keep the "team" eliment.

One last thing, Carter is still playing incredible hockey. We needed someone to step up and he sure as hell has.

phillybroncosnut
03-09-2008, 09:09 PM
More worrysome news.....

After the game last night, I was doing the normal waiting after the game for autographs with my son. Danny Briere pulled up and said hi to everyone and said he would sign for everybody but his shoulder was "killing me". After the cheap shot he took last night, I can imagine why. I'm not sure if that's the norm now after the injury in NY a week a go or if he re-aggravated it because of the cheap shot. With Richie, Gag's and Lupul out, we can't afford Danny to go down again.
Hopefully the shoulder feels better on Tuesday.

Hogan11
03-16-2008, 01:41 PM
You know, I haven't been able to see too many Flyers games this season....but each time I have, they've not only lost but looked absolutely terrible in doing so.

Today is no exception....man, this team is very hard to watch :(

I can't help but to wonder if they're even going to make the playoffs now, much less do anything in them.

Sassy
03-16-2008, 02:13 PM
You know, I haven't been able to see too many Flyers games this season....but each time I have, they've not only lost but looked absolutely terrible in doing so.

I can't help but to wonder if they're even going to make the playoffs now, much less do anything in them.

Sorry Hon...I have it on...and they're not looking so hot.

phillybroncosnut
03-16-2008, 02:51 PM

2 years away bro (if we get a legit Goalie at some point). They are very much like watching the Broncos this year. So much youth, so much upside talent, yet, they don't know how to finish wins. It's all good. I'm not sure if I even want them to make the playoffs at this point. I so want Stevens gone it's not even funny. If we make the playoffs, he will not get fired. If we collapse, he might. I want them to make the second season but I can't stomach the idea of another year with John focking Stevens.

Christ, add Umberger and Upshall to the injured list. Whatever.

chadta
03-16-2008, 04:37 PM
honestly i dont even care aobut this right now, my car got broken into last night, my stereo, tv/dvd players and all the disney movies dvds are gone. I am so pissed right now

alkemical
03-17-2008, 08:39 AM
That sucks, sorry you got looted.

Hogan11
03-17-2008, 10:18 AM
2 years away bro (if we get a legit Goalie at some point). They are very much like watching the Broncos this year. So much youth, so much upside talent, yet, they don't know how to finish wins. It's all good. I'm not sure if I even want them to make the playoffs at this point. I so want Stevens gone it's not even funny. If we make the playoffs, he will not get fired. If we collapse, he might. I want them to make the second season but I can't stomach the idea of another year with John focking Stevens.

Christ, add Umberger and Upshall to the injured list. Whatever.

I can't even remember when the Flyers didn't have an open sore in goal...Hextall's early years maybe? Stevens is a bad joke.

Hogan11
03-17-2008, 10:19 AM
honestly i dont even care aobut this right now, my car got broken into last night, my stereo, tv/dvd players and all the disney movies dvds are gone. I am so pissed right now

Oh Man, that sucks. Here's hoping you get your stuff back.

alkemical
03-17-2008, 10:32 AM
I can't even remember when the Flyers didn't have an open sore in goal...Hextall's early years maybe? Stevens is a bad joke.

That's because the Flyers BREAK goalies.

broncofan7
03-17-2008, 04:58 PM
Nice to see other Flyers AND Broncos fan on here. Do you guys like the Sixers as well? The flyers "D" is very suspect---Hatcher is such a stiff out there and it is true that injuries have REALLY hurt us--......

phillybroncosnut
03-17-2008, 07:43 PM
Nice to see other Flyers AND Broncos fan on here. Do you guys like the Sixers as well? The flyers "D" is very suspect---Hatcher is such a stiff out there and it is true that injuries have REALLY hurt us--......

Flyers, Broncos and Italian too. I dispise the Sixers though. My Dad grew up in Boston and raised me a Celtic fan. I don't think the Flyers Defenseman are bad, I think it's Stevens' passive joke he calls a system.

Hogan11
03-23-2008, 09:42 AM
I love it when they beat the Rangers.

Hogan11
03-23-2008, 07:49 PM
Looking pretty good after 1 against the Isles.....

Hogan11
03-23-2008, 10:34 PM
That was a pretty good game, the best I've seen them play all season. Biron looked good in goal, much better than the last time I saw them play.

So they're three ahead of Boston and are now tied with WSN, right?

phillybroncosnut
04-06-2008, 11:40 AM
A win today and we get the Caps in the first round. A loss we play Malkin and the Pens.

I really don't care who we play. Everything is a bonus from here on out. Making the playoffs after having the worst record 1 season ago is a hell of a turn around for this young team. Whether it's a 4 game sweep defeat or a 7 game series, this will be a learning experience for the young guns (Richards, Carter, Umberger, Upshall, Coburn, etc).

GO FLYERS!

chadta
04-12-2008, 03:19 PM
well we let one get away last night, i think we shoulda thrown the game sunday and made sure we played the pens, least they are a bunch of sallies, AO showed why he is the best player in the league last night, hopefuly we keep him in check a little better next time, and hopefully biron can make just one important save.

Bronx33
04-13-2008, 04:14 PM
Well it looks like the flyers got that much needed goaltending 2-0.

chadta
04-13-2008, 06:37 PM
yeah biron played lights out, it also helped that the team showed a little passion today

phillybroncosnut
04-13-2008, 07:49 PM
well we let one get away last night, i think we shoulda thrown the game sunday and made sure we played the pens, least they are a bunch of sallies, AO showed why he is the best player in the league last night, hopefuly we keep him in check a little better next time, and hopefully biron can make just one important save.

Disagree. Timonen, just like today, shut AO down in game 1. Kuk's had a bad turnover and AO made him pay. Gotta tip your hat to AO on that play. Other then that one play, Timonen has been in AO's sweater the first 2 games.

Call it homerism but I think we are the better team in this series. The only player that scares me right now with the puck (other then AO) is Green. Besides that, the Caps aren't much. It blows right now cause we should be up 2-0 coming home. Hopefully at some point we can look back at blowing that 4-2 3rd period lead as a good thing for us. Right now though, in a 1-1 series it is annoying thinking about it.

chadta
04-13-2008, 08:29 PM
i totally agree, we are a better team, i also think washington blew its load to get to the playoffs, then the excitment of game one, i dunno if the have anything left. today they showed nothing, and we were all over them, i still think we take them in 6

but montreal scares the hell outta me in the next round if all things remain the way they are now.

phillybroncosnut
04-13-2008, 08:35 PM
i totally agree, we are a better team, i also think washington blew its load to get to the playoffs, then the excitment of game one, i dunno if the have anything left. today they showed nothing, and we were all over them, i still think we take them in 6

but montreal scares the hell outta me in the next round if all things remain the way they are now.

I said 6 games as well. I'll be a bit disappointed if we don't get passed the Caps. That said, with the youth on this squad, I wouldn't be shocked. This years playoffs is just a learning tool to get us prepared for the cup run in 2-3 years.
I havent even begun to think about the Habs yet. I would welcome that challenge. Afterall, it beats the alternative.

chadta
04-13-2008, 09:42 PM
I said 6 games as well. I'll be a bit disappointed if we don't get passed the Caps. That said, with the youth on this squad, I wouldn't be shocked. This years playoffs is just a learning tool to get us prepared for the cup run in 2-3 years.
I havent even begun to think about the Habs yet. I would welcome that challenge. Afterall, it beats the alternative.

you could never runderstand dood, everybody up here is either a leafs or a habs fan, i work with no less then a dozen habs fans, i just dont wanna have to listen to them.

as for the youth thing, the caps are just as young as we are.

phillybroncosnut
04-13-2008, 10:00 PM
you could never runderstand dood, everybody up here is either a leafs or a habs fan, i work with no less then a dozen habs fans, i just dont wanna have to listen to them.

as for the youth thing, the caps are just as young as we are.

I hear ya. It's all good bro. You don't really expect a cup this year do you?

I know the Caps are young as well. I am just focused on our team though. The Caps fan (yes, singular) is probably thinking the same thing.

Boston and Jersey both won in OT. Thank god. I want evey series to go as long as possible. No sweeps please.

chadta
04-13-2008, 11:05 PM
You don't really expect a cup this year do you?

i expect a cup every year, i could lower my expectations but then i would be a penguins fan ^5

phillybroncosnut
04-13-2008, 11:26 PM
i expect a cup every year, i could lower my expectations but then i would be a penguins fan ^5

True that. In fandom you always expect a cup. But when reality sets in, you realize we are a couple years away.

alkemical
04-14-2008, 08:58 AM
True that. In fandom you always expect a cup. But when reality sets in, you realize we are a couple years away.

And you always will be....

phillybroncosnut
04-14-2008, 09:40 PM

Who opened the door and let the homo in?

phillybroncosnut
04-14-2008, 10:42 PM
God I hope they break this out tomorrow night..... Check out Bobby Orr and Phil Espesito making a beeline to shake Kate's hand after she gets done the song. Silly bastards, Kate was our good luck charm not yours

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play?p=kate+smith&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-501&tnr=21&vid=1307224132

Last time they played it on the jumbotron that I can remember was game 6 of the eastern conference finals against Tampa in '04. We all know how that turned out!!! Good ole Kate Smith! Good luck charm of the Flyboys!

chadta
04-14-2008, 10:50 PM

get back under your bridge

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/images/troll.jpg

phillybroncosnut
04-14-2008, 10:52 PM
They usually go with this version now. A Kate Smith and lauren hart duet. The place flips out whenever Kate pops up on the jumbotron but Lauren is so much easier on the eyes.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8955318554965358494&q=%22Lauren+Hart+%22&total=20&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=6

alkemical
04-14-2008, 10:52 PM
wahhhh - wait till your team breaks another goalie.

chadta
04-14-2008, 11:00 PM
hey pbn i hope ya dont mind im showing support and using your sig, if its a problem lemmie know ill take it down

phillybroncosnut
04-14-2008, 11:01 PM
wahhhh - wait till your team breaks another goalie.

Hmmmm..... Okay, we have one HOF Goalie in Bernie. One would have been with Pelle and a boarderline one in Hexy. How many jaw dropping Goalies have the Pens had? Tom Bareasshole?

phillybroncosnut
04-14-2008, 11:03 PM
hey pbn i hope ya dont mind im showing support and using your sig, if its a problem lemmie know ill take it down

I would never mind bro. It did confuse me for a second though. make sure you play that clip of Kate Smith before tomorrow nights game. I'll be down there. I'm sure they will be giving out the orange crush Tee shirts again like the last few cup runs. That place looks awesome with the orange Tee's. A sea of orange!

alkemical
04-14-2008, 11:13 PM
Hmmmm..... Okay, we have one HOF Goalie in Bernie. One would have been with Pelle and a boarderline one in Hexy. How many jaw dropping Goalies have the Pens had? Tom Barea-hole?

Deflections deflections....

phillybroncosnut
04-16-2008, 01:02 AM
Well, this series has been much of the same. Flyers domination. It's ashame we took 1 of the 9 periods off or we would be up 3 games to none.

Oh yeah, I guess the Caps figure they have no shot to win with Kimo absolutely shutting AO down so they take a cheap shot on Kimo. The Flyers need to follow suit and take runs at AO 4 to 5 seconds after he lets the puck go as well until he is injured.
CAPS BLOW!!!!

alkemical
04-16-2008, 08:03 AM
Well, this series has been much of the same. Flyers domination. It's ashame we took 1 of the 9 periods off or we would be up 3 games to none.

Oh yeah, I guess the Caps figure they have no shot to win with Kimo absolutely shutting AO down so they take a cheap shot on Kimo. The Flyers need to follow suit and take runs at AO 4 to 5 seconds after he lets the puck go as well until he is injured.
CAPS BLOW!!!!

Uhhh, this is exactly why the NHL targeted your team.....

chadta
04-16-2008, 09:28 AM

so now you finally admit that the flyers have been targeted

all friggin year youve been saying it aint so and now the truth comes out

tell me how this isnt the same as downies hit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZdOLvgjOFU)

neither deserves 25 games, i woulda been fine with 5, this hit deserves just as much, even the stupid vs announcers say you could see it coming, so he was targeted, made a run, left his feet, on a guy with his head down.

alkemical
04-16-2008, 09:31 AM
so now you finally admit that the flyers have been targeted

all friggin year youve been saying it aint so and now the truth comes out

tell me how this isnt the same as downies hit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZdOLvgjOFU)

neither deserves 25 games, i woulda been fine with 5, this hit deserves just as much, even the stupid vs announcers say you could see it coming, so he was targeted, made a run, left his feet, on a guy with his head down.

It was deserved, since your team is cheap shot artists - you philly fans don't seem to understand that. Then when you call for other players to be injured you wonder why it's brought up again?

Of course this coming from Chadta, the guy who whines about people whining. A bit of irony..perhaps - but really just a hypocrite.

chadta
04-16-2008, 10:35 AM
im not whining, im just pointing out the inconstancy, but even if i was, i am not the chosen one, the one who will save the nhl, the one who should be held to a higher standard. Im just a fan who posts on a message board.

coarse unlike you i actually know a little bit about hockey, so go ahead please keep telling us how it is.

alkemical
04-16-2008, 12:04 PM
You're right, you do only know a little bit. That's why you keep engaging me in dialog...I have to keep remembering that not everybody is a fast learner like myself.

Now, keep whining so we can laugh at you some more.

phillybroncosnut
04-17-2008, 12:34 AM

Hey man, if the Caps are gonna take cheap shots at Kimo, the guy who is completely, and I do mean COM-PLETE-LY shutting AO out in this series, Then turn about is fair play. They tried to take out the guy who is shutting their star down. I say, okay, let's take out their star. Not that he has been a big threat in this series or anything.

phillybroncosnut
04-20-2008, 05:42 PM
Ugh.... The injury bug has made it's way to the Flyers yet again. Mike Knuble is lost for at least the rest of round 1 with a partially torn hamstring. This is pretty much the same injury that shelved Richie for 4 weeks. Who gets the start in Knuble's place? Cote? Downie?

broncofan7
04-23-2008, 09:37 AM
what an exiciting way to end the our 1st round series---I feel pretty good about our chances against 'Les habitants'--now if we can have the Rangers take our PIT I would really be salivating

phillybroncosnut
04-24-2008, 09:03 PM
2 total bullchit calls cost the Flyers and force OT. The Frogs 2nd goal was an OBVIOUS highstick. I guess the reply guys that reside in Toronto want a Canadian team to stay in contention want the Habs in this series. Also, nice BS "kneeing" call on Richards with a minute left. Hey d!ckface Van Massenhoven..... Richie OBVIOUSLY used his shoulder to hit Kovelev on the hip. Whatever. If there is anything such as karma, the Flyers will win in OT.

broncofan7
04-25-2008, 09:11 PM
wow did we get hosed on the richard's call....and thank god I have center Ice and could listen to the Flyers broadcasters--I miss the days of Mike Emrick and Bill Clement on Philly 57 --Emrick broadcasts for the darn devils now----

phillybroncosnut
04-26-2008, 10:40 PM
wow did we get hosed on the richard's call....and thank god I have center Ice and could listen to the Flyers broadcasters--I miss the days of Mike Emrick and Bill Clement on Philly 57 --Emrick broadcasts for the darn devils now----

Enrick was/is good but no one ever announced a game better then Gene Hart. Clement is back on the broadcast team this season. He's been doing all the playoff games and filled in for Keith Jones during the regular season when Jones had to be on versus.

broncofan7
05-01-2008, 08:33 AM
This series would be over if not for a HORRENDOUS call on Richard's in game 1 that set up the tying goal for the Habs

alkemical
05-24-2008, 10:07 AM
6-0

Hogan11
10-11-2008, 09:04 PM
Because the last one got mysteriously deleted, I'm starting another one.

In short: Biron sucks, The heart kicked in after Nitty came into the goal and that Palin biatch cursed the ice with her presence......kudos to the fans for booing her :thumbs:

LET'S GO FLYERS!!!!

Bronx33
10-12-2008, 09:04 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=61309 i will merge them ( it needed a better title anyways)

Hogan11
10-13-2008, 11:57 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=61309 i will merge them ( it needed a better title anyways)

That maybe....I still think a new season deserves a new thread for it, but you're the boss, so I'll have to roll with it.

alkemical
10-14-2008, 08:34 PM
:)

SJ Bronco
10-18-2008, 10:28 PM
WHEW! Hey Philly! How fun was that! I'm stoked, BTW your goalie is gonna be arrested by SJPD as he leaves the arena for that robbery of Cheechoo! WHAT A SAVE!

Hogan11
10-24-2008, 05:07 PM
One game....can't they win one fuggin game??

Hogan11
10-24-2008, 06:35 PM
Well, it's about goddamn time!!

Hogan11
10-31-2008, 12:15 PM
Won 4 in a row, keep it rollin'

phillybroncosnut
11-02-2008, 05:28 PM
Okay.... In hockey mode now. Phillies won the championship. Broncos season is OVER. Time to focus on the Flyboys. The bad news is I am picking up where last season was. I had a hidious record in 25 regular season last season (8-14-3) and this year I am 0-2-1. Relax, I was 5-0 in the playoffs last season.
The D looks bad and the goalies have been just as bad. The 18 year old Sbisa has looked awesome and we need that (now and the future). Missing Randy Jones and ryan Parent has hurt the blue line. We have no cohesion on the back line and it has basically been guys trying to get used to each other with the loss of Jones and Parent. 4-4-3 is not a great start and I'm not thrilled with it but with our schedule out of the gate (ridiculously hard) and the injuries to Parent, Jones and Briere, 4-4-3 isn't the end of the world.
We should be fine for the stretch run and in position to get a middle to top seed in the playoffs.

LET'S GO FLYERS!!!!!!!!!

Hogan11
11-02-2008, 06:43 PM
What a lousy frickin' weekend....Bulldogs got hammered, Broncos lost, Flyers lost. Geezus :nono:

phillybroncosnut
11-08-2008, 11:12 AM
Flyers acquired defenseman Matt Carle and the San Jose Sharks’ third round pick in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft from the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for Steve Eminger, Steve Downie and Tampa Bay’s fourth round pick in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.

Don't know much about Carle but the front office loves his upside. I guess it's always good to get a promising young defenseman. The Flyers have had a good track record with trading for young promising defenseman (Braydon Coburn, Ryan Perant, and Randy Jones).

phillybroncosnut
11-23-2008, 05:44 PM
4 Wins in a row boys. It will be nice when Briere gets back. Carter and Richards are unreal. Got my first win this season. Last nights win moves my record to 1-5-1 this season. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Hogan11
11-25-2008, 06:00 PM
5th straight.....GO FLYERS!!!!!

Hogan11
11-27-2008, 02:11 PM
5th straight.....GO FLYERS!!!!!

Make that 6 straight :thumbsup:

chadta
12-01-2008, 06:20 PM
Okay.... In hockey mode now. Phillies won the championship. Broncos season is OVER. Time to focus on the Flyboys.

whats up with that dood ?

broncos season aint over, and the phillies didnt really win, it was just a dream :welcome:

chadta
12-04-2008, 04:59 AM
pbn on video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUUQHJ2xQgw&eurl=http://www.orangeandblack.net/phillyboard/showthread.php?t=37632&feature=player_embedded

Hogan11
12-04-2008, 04:05 PM
Nice win over the Lightning the other night....Jersey tonight, I hate the freakin' Devils.

phillybroncosnut
12-13-2008, 01:26 PM
Hey Chad, and Hog.... The boys are freaking rolling now. Down 5-1 in the 3rd to the Canes and come storming back to win the game the other night and today, we destroy those bords that can't fly 5-2. Wait till Briere and Jones and Parent get back!!!

Speaking of Jones.... There have been rumors in both the paper and TV here.... Jones and Lupol for Jay Beumiester. I'd be shocked if thats all it took to get him. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

GO FLYERS!!!!

chadta
12-13-2008, 02:12 PM
yup, hottest team in the league since the overtime loss to the flightless birds a month ago. only 1 regulation loss in the last 16, 2 points behind the rags for the division lead with 3 games at hand.

i think the family and i are gonna go to the december 27th game in columbus, were going down to myrtel beach for the week after christmas so its kinda on the way, and you can get a 4 pack of tickets for 100 bucks.

Hogan11
12-13-2008, 02:17 PM
I love beating the Pens... GO FLYERS!!!!

Hogan11
12-17-2008, 04:42 PM
Mike Richards rules, that is all.

5 straight, keep it rollin'.

GO FLYERS

Hogan11
12-20-2008, 04:00 PM
I love beating Washington as well :thumbs:

phillybroncosnut
12-28-2008, 07:09 AM
Stumbling a bit, eh? Hmmmm, it's gonna happen but they better come out motivated in the next game. They looked flat and disinterested the last 2 games.

phillybroncosnut
01-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Yo Chad.... Any fallout in Canada about Richards not making the all star game? The Habs fans screwed alot of players. The Flyers had 4 guys that are absolute all stars..... Carter, Gagne, Timonen, and Richie.

I'm under the impression that Richie is a pretty big fan favorite up north. Any of the hockey talk stations up there pissed he didn't make it?

chadta
01-10-2009, 07:29 PM
naw dood not a word, there has been talk about how fans voting is a joke in general just cuz of what the friggin frog fans did, but no player specific mentoned.

honestly i wish carter would skip it, they deserve a break, with all the injurys id rather them take time off then go play that stupid floater game.

the only good alstar game was lindros' first one ,when he threw the hit, i think thats the last hit ive seen in an alstar game.

chadta
01-21-2009, 06:34 PM
flyers make it 13 straight against the thrashers, little let down in the third, started to coast, but came out with the win in the end, now onto the all star break

phillybroncosnut
01-22-2009, 07:33 PM
flyers make it 13 straight against the thrashers, little let down in the third, started to coast, but came out with the win in the end, now onto the all star break

Yeah... Got scary for a minute there in the 3rd. Briere's absence has been extended. he played 2 games with the Phantoms and passed with flying colors. The Flyers decided to let him play a 3rd game down there (basically to bide time to figure out what moves to make to fit room under the cap for Danny) and after the 3rd game he felt some discomfort in his groin. He is due to have exploratory surgery either today or tomorrow to see the ectent of the problem. I don't think that's such a bad thing. Let Danny get well for the playoff run. the 3rd line with all the kids (Giroux, Powe, and Upshall) is playing unreal.

Let's go FLYERS and ph uck all the frog fans who kept Richie, gagne and Timmonen out of the all star game.

chadta
01-22-2009, 08:12 PM
hes out another 4 weeks, something wasnt right an it was corrected today

phillybroncosnut
01-23-2009, 08:21 PM
hes out another 4 weeks, something wasnt right an it was corrected today

Yep. The Flyers are looking into Forsbergs health. They've been talking to Peter or his agent, or both.

24champ
01-23-2009, 11:04 PM
http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/clip132997#clip132997

LA Kings Wesgarth sends a Phantom Klotz to the hospital...

Also Kings prospect Boyle knocked out "Clack" in the same game.

chadta
01-25-2009, 02:07 PM
stay classy kings fans, you cant actually win a game so its time to celebrate when a guy gets sent into seizures on the ice.

24champ
01-25-2009, 02:32 PM
stay classy kings fans, you cant actually win a game so its time to celebrate when a guy gets sent into seizures on the ice.

The guy knew what he was getting into. He wanted payback for what Wesgarth did in the previous game back in November. I don't suspect Klotz will be gooning it up anytime soon, if at all.

It's hockey, and I find it funny coming from you trash flyer fans whining about class. Flyers have done their share of illegal hits over the years.

chadta
01-25-2009, 03:34 PM
sure have, and if the guy has been actually hurt we wish him the best, we dont kick him when hes down.

24champ
01-25-2009, 04:07 PM
sure have, and if the guy has been actually hurt we wish him the best, we dont kick him when hes down.

Where did I kick him down? Hilarious!

I just stated a fact that he got sent to the hospital.

Keep whining Chadta/Eklund...it's what your known for around here.

chadta
01-25-2009, 04:12 PM
like i said, stay classy kings fans

hows that youth movement working out for ya ?

top 5 pick again this year ?

Hogan11
02-07-2009, 02:26 PM
Biron sucks, that is all.

broncofan7
02-07-2009, 03:25 PM
Biron sucks, that is all.

Yes he does. I doubt that he will be able to recapture last season's post season glory--What a comeback today by the Fly-guys.

phillybroncosnut
02-10-2009, 06:02 PM
Yes he does. I doubt that he will be able to recapture last season's post season glory--What a comeback today by the Fly-guys.

He sucked last regular season as well. I didnt expect him to play the way he did in the playoffs last season either. Hopefully, it's a trend. Average regular season- unbelievable playoff, Average regular season- ?? ?? ??

Hogan11
02-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Now that was a great game :thumbs: Richards short handing that goal on a Rangers 5 on 3 was awesome. Even Biron held it together today...excellent all around.

I frickin' hate the Rangers, it's always great to see them get slapped around like that.

broncofan7
02-15-2009, 01:36 PM
Now that was a great game :thumbs: Richards short handing that goal on a Rangers 5 on 3 was awesome. Even Biron held it together today...excellent all around.

I frickin' hate the Rangers, it's always great to see them get slapped around like that.

I concur---

chadta
02-15-2009, 02:52 PM
i think i enjoyed todays game even more the watching pissburg meltdown last night

Hogan11
02-25-2009, 07:28 PM
Flyers are kicking ass! :thumbs:

chadta
02-25-2009, 08:37 PM
Flyers are kicking ass! :thumbs:

pft it was only the queens, and we didnt exactly stomp them, we coulda just as easily lost that one.

24champ
02-25-2009, 09:05 PM
I give credit to the Flyers, their PK unit is top notch. Thankfully we have Murray implementing the same system.

chadta
02-26-2009, 04:05 AM
i think the success of the flyers pk this year may change the way alot of teams kill penalties, i mean 17 or whatever short handed goals, and a pretty decent percentage, pressure works, i just wish they would play that aggressive 5 on 5.

Hogan11
02-26-2009, 01:48 PM
pft it was only the queens, and we didnt exactly stomp them, we coulda just as easily lost that one.

I was talking more about winning 4 out of the last 5, but point taken.

Not sure I feel good about waiving Metropolit because of Briere's return though

chadta
02-27-2009, 04:44 AM
no choice, were up against the cap

phillybroncosnut
03-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Briere out AGAIN!!!

Looks like Nitty blew his chance at taking the number 1 spot again with a putrid performance against the Flames. Marty looked great against the Preds tonight.

Hogan11
03-22-2009, 01:18 PM
Been seeing a lot of the Flyers on TV as of late.....very nice.

Good game against Buffalo the other night and I just love beating the Pens, especially when they wear those faggy powder blue Charger throwbacks and the announcers can't get off Crosby's & Malkin's junk long enough to call the game down the middle. Biron has looked strong as well. :thumbs:

chadta
03-23-2009, 06:37 PM
i dunno whats better, bitch slappin the pens, or doing the same thing to the devils the next night. When did marty biron turn into marty brodeur, wow hes playin playoff hockey

Hogan11
03-23-2009, 09:53 PM
i dunno whats better, b**** slappin the pens, or doing the same thing to the devils the next night. When did marty biron turn into marty brodeur, wow hes playin playoff hockey

It's about freakin' time...I've been hard on Marty's play this season, but the guy is taking it up a notch and playing solid when it counts.

F the Devils.....I hate those bastards, always have, always will.

Just bring on the faggy Pens and their media darling superstars, we'll bury them. I'm ready, let's rock! :boxing:

phillybroncosnut
03-24-2009, 07:04 PM
It's about freakin' time...I've been hard on Marty's play this season, but the guy is taking it up a notch and playing solid when it counts.

F the Devils.....I hate those bastards, always have, always will.

Just bring on the faggy Pens and their media darling superstars, we'll bury them. I'm ready, let's rock! :boxing:

Marty proved last season he can be a money goalie. I just hope it wasnt a fluke.
We have the offense, no doubt. Not 1 team is deeper then the Flyers offensively. I like our D as well, although there are times when I wonder what a couple of them are doing.
The question, as always with the Flyers come playoff time, will be goaltending. last year Biron stood on his freaking head. We just lost to a better Pitts team. We were also very very green.
This whole thing hinges on Marty. If he plays like he did last year, I'll be sitting at a Cup finals game this season.:thumbsup:

Hogan11
03-24-2009, 07:08 PM
Love that sea of orange :thumbs:

Hogan11
03-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Last night sucked....I'd hate to see them overtaken by Carolina

Hogan11
03-28-2009, 12:40 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/The-dangerous-and-surprisingly-behaved-Philade;_ylt=AoxYtXeL8lj0Zp2y36xj4yt7vLYF?urn=nhl, 151055

Bronx33
03-28-2009, 02:07 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/The-dangerous-and-surprisingly-behaved-Philade;_ylt=AoxYtXeL8lj0Zp2y36xj4yt7vLYF?urn=nhl, 151055

Currently sitting fourth in the Eastern Conference, the Philadelphia Flyers have had a relatively quiet, but successful season.

(Have any Flyers been suspended at all this season? Somewhere inside the NHL offices in New York, Gary Bettman is patting himself on the back after his talking-to of the team after last season's suspension party on Broad Street.)

Keep in mind that looking at the standings today, it might seem as if the Flyers are battling for that fourth spot at first glance; but they also have a couple of games in hand over the Pittsburgh Penguins, New York Rangers, and Carolina Hurricanes, the teams chasing them.

With the way that goaltender Martin Biron has been playing of late (6-3 in his last nine starts, despite last night's loss to the Florida Panthers) and a now-finally healthy Daniel (sorry, Danny) Briere back in the lineup, that's enough to have the New Jersey Devils at least be looking over their shoulders a bit, should they slip up in the final nine games of the season.

Are the Flyers the best dark-horse contender in the Eastern Conference?

The return of Briere has now made an already deep Flyers lineup deeper and comes at the perfect time of the season as he told ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun:

"That's been my focus, especially since the last surgery in January, my focus has been on the stretch drive and the playoffs," said Briere, who is in the second season of an eight-year deal. "The best part of the season is still ahead of me."

[...]

"We have three very dangerous scoring lines that can hurt you at any given time," Briere said. "With my comeback and the emergence of [rookie] Claude Giroux, it makes us a little more complete."

More complete, and with added firepower to the NHL's seventh highest scoring team.

With their deep lineup, the key cog in the Flyers playoff run will again be goaltender Biron. After years of playing the backup role in Buffalo, Biron is finally emerging as a solid No. 1 and experiencing the playoffs for the first time last season, he's again a contender for this year's annual "hot playoff goalie."

After dispatching the Washington Capitals in a first-round, seven-game series and then upsetting the number one seed Montreal Canadiens, Biron's gas tank ran out as Philadelphia was blown away by the Pittsburgh Penguins in the Eastern Conference Final. With a year's playoff experience and an improved defense corps, including a healthy Kimmo Timonen, who's to say that the Flyers can't make a run again? This time though, not so surprisingly.

The 31-year old Biron will become an unrestricted free agent on July 1, so you know he wants a raise from his current $3.5 million/year deal.

With the Flyers signing 27-year old Swedish goaltender Johan Backlund yesterday, it's Biron's crease to earn in the long-term -- if his play down the stretch can show the Philadelphia brass he's worthy of the investment.

Related: Claude Giroux, Kimmo Timonen, Martin Biron, Carolina Hurricanes, Florida Panthers, Montreal Canadiens, New Jersey Devils, New York Rangers, Philadelphia Flyers, Pittsburgh Penguins, Washington Capitals

broncofan7
03-29-2009, 11:56 AM
Currently sitting fourth in the Eastern Conference, the Philadelphia Flyers have had a relatively quiet, but successful season.

(Have any Flyers been suspended at all this season? Somewhere inside the NHL offices in New York, Gary Bettman is patting himself on the back after his talking-to of the team after last season's suspension party on Broad Street.)

Keep in mind that looking at the standings today, it might seem as if the Flyers are battling for that fourth spot at first glance; but they also have a couple of games in hand over the Pittsburgh Penguins, New York Rangers, and Carolina Hurricanes, the teams chasing them.

With the way that goaltender Martin Biron has been playing of late (6-3 in his last nine starts, despite last night's loss to the Florida Panthers) and a now-finally healthy Daniel (sorry, Danny) Briere back in the lineup, that's enough to have the New Jersey Devils at least be looking over their shoulders a bit, should they slip up in the final nine games of the season.

Are the Flyers the best dark-horse contender in the Eastern Conference?

The return of Briere has now made an already deep Flyers lineup deeper and comes at the perfect time of the season as he told ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun:

"That's been my focus, especially since the last surgery in January, my focus has been on the stretch drive and the playoffs," said Briere, who is in the second season of an eight-year deal. "The best part of the season is still ahead of me."

[...]

"We have three very dangerous scoring lines that can hurt you at any given time," Briere said. "With my comeback and the emergence of [rookie] Claude Giroux, it makes us a little more complete."

More complete, and with added firepower to the NHL's seventh highest scoring team.

With their deep lineup, the key cog in the Flyers playoff run will again be goaltender Biron. After years of playing the backup role in Buffalo, Biron is finally emerging as a solid No. 1 and experiencing the playoffs for the first time last season, he's again a contender for this year's annual "hot playoff goalie."

After dispatching the Washington Capitals in a first-round, seven-game series and then upsetting the number one seed Montreal Canadiens, Biron's gas tank ran out as Philadelphia was blown away by the Pittsburgh Penguins in the Eastern Conference Final. With a year's playoff experience and an improved defense corps, including a healthy Kimmo Timonen, who's to say that the Flyers can't make a run again? This time though, not so surprisingly.

The 31-year old Biron will become an unrestricted free agent on July 1, so you know he wants a raise from his current $3.5 million/year deal.

With the Flyers signing 27-year old Swedish goaltender Johan Backlund yesterday, it's Biron's crease to earn in the long-term -- if his play down the stretch can show the Philadelphia brass he's worthy of the investment.

Related: Claude Giroux, Kimmo Timonen, Martin Biron, Carolina Hurricanes, Florida Panthers, Montreal Canadiens, New Jersey Devils, New York Rangers, Philadelphia Flyers, Pittsburgh Penguins, Washington Capitals

The NHL network chanel 215 on direct Tv is replaying game 7 of the 1987 stanley cup finals--great stuff despite our loss! Brian Propp, Tim Kerr, Ilka sinasalo, Mark Howe, Peter Zezel--man the memories! They are showing the Philly 57 broadcast too--

phillybroncosnut
03-30-2009, 07:52 PM
The NHL network chanel 215 on direct Tv is replaying game 7 of the 1987 stanley cup finals--great stuff despite our loss! Brian Propp, Tim Kerr, Ilka sinasalo, Mark Howe, Peter Zezel--man the memories! They are showing the Philly 57 broadcast too--

Ilka scora goala! :thumbs:

broncofan7
04-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Way to choke up home ice--We are gonna be 1 and done this year folks.............we need to trade Brierre for a goalie this off-season

chadta
04-12-2009, 05:38 PM
well be fine, dont worry

phillybroncosnut
04-12-2009, 06:58 PM
Way to choke up home ice--We are gonna be 1 and done this year folks.............we need to trade Brierre for a goalie this off-season

I dont think trading Briere is the answer. Besides, he doesn't have the value that would bring in a Top tier Goalie. Besides, there are decent Goalies becoming FA's this upcoming season.

I hate saying this, but I am leaning towards believing we are one and done as well. The Pens are a TERRIBLE matchup for us. And, not having hoe ice will be a major factor in this series. The Pens and Devils were the 2 worst matchups for us. I'm not entirely doom and gloom but I hate it right now.

SoCalBronco
04-12-2009, 08:12 PM
I dont think trading Briere is the answer. Besides, he doesn't have the value that would bring in a Top tier Goalie. Besides, there are decent Goalies becoming FA's this upcoming season.

I hate saying this, but I am leaning towards believing we are one and done as well. The Pens are a TERRIBLE matchup for us. And, not having hoe ice will be a major factor in this series. The Pens and Devils were the 2 worst matchups for us. I'm not entirely doom and gloom but I hate it right now.

IMO, this will be a fun and exciting series against you guys. It will go 6 or 7 games. Could go either way.

Hogan11
04-12-2009, 08:33 PM
I can't believe they blew home ice...:(

The Pens?
http://www.driko.org/blogicons/deanwormer.jpg
"I hate those guys"

chadta
04-13-2009, 04:35 AM
I don;t get it..you'll have to forgive me, I don;t get the gloom and doom. I don;t understand the 'it's over' crap that's festering all over the internet right now..

45-28-9, 99 points, 25-13-3 home, 20-15-6 away, 264 GF, 239 GA
44-27-11, 99 points, 24-13-4 home, 20-14-7 away, 264 GF, 238 GA

So someone tell me what makes the Pens so unbeatable? What makes them so worrisome?

Is it the win streak? Caps last year were the only team to go into the playoffs with more then 3 wins in a row...how'd they do?

The last 10 games they went 7-2-1 ohh so scary, right?

Beat the Kings, Flames, Rangers, Devils, Lightning, Islanders and Canadiens
OT loss to the Canes
and a loss to the Panthers and oh yeah Flyers.

3 game win streak? Lightning, Islanders, Habs forgive for not being impressed.

Is it MAF?

MAF: 62 games, 35-18-7, 2.67 GAA, .912 SV%, 4 SO, 1850 Shots
Marty: 55 games, 29-19-5, 2.76 GAA, .915 SV%, 2 SO, 1718 Shots

You'll have to forgive me for not getting on the blame Marty band wagon. For as up or down as the guy has been he sure hangs in with all the names people like to throw around by the numbers...

It sure as hell can;t be an issue with scoring - the Flyers are as deep as the Pens when it comes to putting pucks in the net..

Is it defense? Really would anyone trade the Flyers blueline for the Pens?!

In the immortal words of Charles De Mar
"Buck up little camper, we'll beat that slope together."

i did not write this post, it was written by rev bully of the o and b board, but it hits the nail on the head, both teams are so equal its gonna come down to who wants it more.