PDA

View Full Version : Huge game for Cutler

mr007
10-03-2008, 08:40 AM
Tampa will be the best and most prepared defense he has faced this year. I'm one of the guys on his bandwagon despite the fact he tends to stare down his #1 target. The great thing I've seen though is he has, on occassion, stared down a target and then taken a look at a 2nd/3rd target and found them wide open, he's just still developing that consistency.

I'm sure Shannahan and crew are all over this since it's blatantly obvious to us, it's gotta be blatantly obvious to them. I would hope they run film of the Mike McKenzie pick 2 weeks ago where he stared down Royal for about 6 seconds, maybe show some film of how Palamalu was simply watching Joe Flacco in the Ravens game to cover more than half the field and make a play on the ball (late game), and of course last weeks decisions where he had open receivers and threw it into triple coverage. Lastly, I would show a bit of Drew Brees... I think he's the best in the league at making multiple receiver reads.

For a 3rd year Quarterback, he is doing an outstanding job. It's nice to see him with his weight and strength back. This game will be a great opportunity for growth and maturity in our quarterback as the Bucs front 7 and secondary is going to provide a great challenge.

TheReverend
10-03-2008, 09:14 AM
Tampa will be the best and most prepared defense he has faced this year. I'm one of the guys on his bandwagon despite the fact he tends to stare down his #1 target. The great thing I've seen though is he has, on occassion, stared down a target and then taken a look at a 2nd/3rd target and found them wide open, he's just still developing that consistency.

I'm sure Shannahan and crew are all over this since it's blatantly obvious to us, it's gotta be blatantly obvious to them. I would hope they run film of the Mike McKenzie pick 2 weeks ago where he stared down Royal for about 6 seconds, maybe show some film of how Palamalu was simply watching Joe Flacco in the Ravens game to cover more than half the field and make a play on the ball (late game), and of course last weeks decisions where he had open receivers and threw it into triple coverage. Lastly, I would show a bit of Drew Breese... I think he's the best in the league at making multiple receiver reads.

For a 3rd year Quarterback, he is doing an outstanding job. It's nice to see him with his weight and strength back. This game will be a great opportunity for growth and maturity in our quarterback as the Bucs front 7 and secondary is going to provide a great challenge.

Never watched Peyton Manning?

Also, Tampa has been extremely susceptible to the pass so far this season.

Jax or Carolina looks like to be the toughest defensive showing on the season

mr007
10-03-2008, 09:30 AM

Never watched Drew? Obviously I've watched Peyton, I stand by my opinion that Brees is the best at looking at multiple targets.

Tampa also leads the league in interceptions. Kansas City had no ints prior to our game and their top corner was out of action. I stated this would be Cutlers toughest showing to date, how about adding to the point of a statement rather than throwing out random contradictions?

Flex Gunmetal
10-03-2008, 09:39 AM

True, but they force tons of turnovers. That is my main concern for the Tampa game. If jay is off, they will capitalize.

broncofan2438
10-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Damn, this is a big game for Cutler and Crew, but I am just so scared for the D. It could be a long day out there, and I dont like seeing us play from behind

BlaK-Argentina
10-03-2008, 10:01 AM
Damn, this is a big game for Cutler and Crew, but I am just so scared for the D. It could be a long day out there, and I dont like seeing us play from behind

The most painful thing is watching the clock tick away with the offense on the sidelines while the defense is having a picnic on the field instead of stopping the other team. Blitz EVERYONE! Either you stop them or you give up the big play, but either way the offense gets back on the field FAST.

TheReverend
10-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Never watched Drew? Obviously I've watched Peyton, I stand by my opinion that Brees is the best at looking at multiple targets.

Tampa also leads the league in interceptions. Kansas City had no ints prior to our game and their top corner was out of action. I stated this would be Cutlers toughest showing to date, how about adding to the point of a statement rather than throwing out random contradictions?

Fair enough, so let's take a deeper look at this then.

Tampa's defense has allowed 7 passing TDs and 8 interceptions. This looks decent until you consider the quality of passing opponents they've played and they've only seen 1 established NFL passer who tore them apart in week 1 in Drew Brees, your apparent man-crush, to the tune of 343 yards, 3 TDs, 1 interception, and a 125 QB rating... impressive.

What do Aaron Rodgers, Kyle Orton and Matt Ryan all have in common? Inexperience and throwing to an intermediate comfort zone... which is also why out of their 8 interceptions, only 3 belong to defensive backs, while THREE belong to LBs (3) and TWO to one defensive lineman. That just means Kiffin is confusing young "rookie" quarterbacks. Round of applause for the Tampa 2 mastermind?

Tampa right now has proved nothing. They're currently the Denver defense in wolf's clothing. San Diego and Oakland were probably BOTH better tests for Jay.

As for Peyton vs Drew Brees, I don't even know how you can possibly compare the two when it comes to making progressions. Not to take anything away from Drew but 90% of his drops are 3 step... requiring a pre-snap read, a quick drop read, and if it's not available hit his RB in a checkdown. That's the way it's ALWAYS been for him... LT in SD, Reggie in NO. Need evidence in case you didn't watch the Denver game or his other performances? Well a stagger over 40% of his completions have been to his RBs, while 35% have been spread to wide-outs and the rest to TEs.

mr007
10-03-2008, 10:19 AM
Fair enough, so let's take a deeper look at this then.

Tampa right now has proved nothing. They're currently the Denver defense in wolf's clothing. San Diego and Oakland were probably BOTH better tests for Jay.

I guess we'll see. Calling Tampa's D Denver's in wolf's clothing is ridiculous. I seriously doubt SD and Oakland are going to prove to be better tests for Jay. Oakland was not prepared for our gameplan in any way, and having BMarsh back completely overwhelmed SD. Tampa will be better prepared and will prove to be Jay's biggest challenge this year.

I really don't care about what stats you give me for Peyton, I've seen both players play many times, Brees makes better looks in my opinion, period. Maybe it's you who has the man crush :kiss:

55CrushEm
10-03-2008, 10:19 AM

At least now we have an offense that CAN play from behind if they have to.

Under Plummer....if we ever got down 14+.....you just KNEW we couldn't come back.

broncofan2438
10-03-2008, 10:21 AM
The most painful thing is watching the clock tick away with the offense on the sidelines while the defense is having a picnic on the field instead of stopping the other team. Blitz EVERYONE! Either you stop them or you give up the big play, but either way the offense gets back on the field FAST.

I agree. The team was saying how it was good for them to get away from Mile High and get on the road. Not so sure that was a good idea, the home crowd will have a lot to do with it this Sunday, trust me.

TheReverend
10-03-2008, 10:23 AM
I guess we'll see. Calling Tampa's D Denver's in wolf's clothing is ridiculous. I seriously doubt SD and Oakland are going to prove to be better tests for Jay. Oakland was not prepared for our gameplan in any way, and having BMarsh back completely overwhelmed SD. Tampa will be better prepared and will prove to be Jay's biggest challenge this year.

I really don't care about what stats you give me for Peyton, I've seen both players play many times, Brees makes better looks in my opinion, period. Maybe it's you who has the man crush :kiss:

Remember in 2006 when we were all high on how bad ass our defense was? Then we played the Colts and came crashing down to earth because it reminded us we hadn't played any real offenses? Say hello 2008 Buc's, you're a worse version of that!

The evidence to the contrary is just staggering...

Year in and year our 30-50% of Drew's passes over his career have been to his RBs.

Peyton's have probably been less than 10% over his career... a career which, by the way, had a season with 3 1000 yard receivers.

I want what you're smoking.

mr007
10-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Remember in 2006 when we were all high on how bad ass our defense was? Then we played the Colts and came crashing down to earth because it reminded us we hadn't played any real offenses? Say hello 2008 Buc's, you're a worse version of that!

The evidence to the contrary is just staggering...

Year in and year our 30-50% of Drew's passes over his career have been to his RBs.

Peyton's have probably been less than 10% over his career... a career which, by the way, had a season with 3 1000 yard receivers.

I want what you're smoking.

You are just supporting my point. Wow Drew's passes over his career are 30-50% to his RBs??? That's insane!!! Or wait.... he has played with 2 of the best RECEIVING backs in football. If you didn't notice, Reggie is a much better receiver than he is an RB. I guess I need to point out that LaDanian is also an excellent receiver. I'm SURE Manning would never throw to his backs if he had those options...... Let's go to your 2006 year when you talk about Denver's D. Brees had 4 receivers with more than 650 yards, Manning?? Ohh that's right, 2. Twist stats however you want to. I said Brees is, in my opinion, the best in looking at multiple receivers. You don't agree that's fine.

Get off of Manning's nuts. It comes down to targets, and Manning has simply never had targets like Bush and LT, but I'm sure your obsession with checking all the stats already told you that. :thumbsup:

TheReverend
10-03-2008, 10:47 AM
You are just supporting my point. Wow Drew's passes over his career are 30-50% to his RBs??? That's insane!!! Or wait.... he has played with 2 of the best RECEIVING backs in football. If you didn't notice, Reggie is a much better receiver than he is an RB. I guess I need to point out that LaDanian is also an excellent receiver. I'm SURE Manning would never throw to his backs if he had those options...... Let's go to your 2006 year when you talk about Denver's D. Brees had 4 receivers with more than 650 yards, Manning?? Ohh that's right, 2. Twist stats however you want to. I said Brees is, in my opinion, the best in looking at multiple receivers. You don't agree that's fine.

Get off of Manning's nuts. It comes down to targets, and Manning has simply never had targets like Bush and LT, but I'm sure your obsession with checking all the stats already told you that. :thumbsup:

Wow. You're really dumb. You remember your original argument was about making reads and going through progressions? Not which one is better at taking a short drop and hitting his RB in the flat. Peyton has made a HoF career by going through his progressions and throwing down the field, while the other is the pinnacle of game management.

I hope your parents got a gift receipt when they got you from Retards 'R Us...

Beantown Bronco
10-03-2008, 10:49 AM
One can only assume they have a strict "no return" policy.

Doggcow
10-03-2008, 10:51 AM

Jax and Carolina? HOLY **** TENNESSEE MAN

mr007
10-03-2008, 10:52 AM
Wow. You're really dumb. You remember your original argument was about making reads and going through progressions? Not which one is better at taking a short drop and hitting his RB in the flat. Peyton has made a HoF career by going through his progressions and throwing down the field, while the other is the pinnacle of game management.

I hope your parents got a gift receipt when they got you from Retards 'R Us...

That's right, making reads and going through progressions. Manning is known for taking chances downfield... ohh and guess what, they have a comparable yds/attempt so I guess those "down the field" throws don't make a huge difference.

The last read you make is the running back. Brees throws down the field too, I was simply making a point that LT and Bush are excellent receivers. If you don't think Manning would have a lot of throws in their directions if he had those players been on his team, you're the one that's retarded buddy.

I'm surprised you're able to type with Manning's dick that deep in your throat. Keep turning this into a personal attack douchebag.

Rock Chalk
10-03-2008, 10:52 AM
It's going to be sickening watching SOB march that pathetic Tampa offense up and down the field on our pathetic defense.

Doggcow
10-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Btw, every damn game is a big game for someone under as much scruteny as Cutler.

TheReverend
10-03-2008, 10:58 AM
That's right, making reads and going through progressions. Manning is known for taking chances downfield... ohh and guess what, they have a comparable yds/attempt so I guess those "down the field" throws don't make a huge difference.

The last read you make is the running back. Brees throws down the field too, I was simply making a point that LT and Bush are excellent receivers. If you don't think Manning would have a lot of throws in their directions if he had those players been on his team, you're the one that's retarded buddy.

I'm surprised you're able to type with Manning's dick that deep in your throat. Keep turning this into a personal attack douchebag.

I really have no idea how you can type any of this with a straight face.

Do you have a thing for dude's with berries/massive moles on their face or something?

Drew has never performed at a HoF level and has achieved relatively nothing while Peyton is already a hall lock, league MVPs, won his division every year for the majority of his career, has a superbowl ring, and will most likely have re-written record books when he hangs it up.

mr007
10-03-2008, 11:00 AM
I really have no idea how you can type any of this with a straight face.

Do you have a thing for dude's with berries/massive moles on their face or something?

Drew has never performed at a HoF level and has achieved relatively nothing while Peyton is already a hall lock, league MVPs, won his division every year for the majority of his career, has a superbowl ring, and will most likely have re-written record books when he hangs it up.

Yeah Drew sucks, guess you showed me. You win buddy!

Beantown Bronco
10-03-2008, 11:00 AM
Jax and Carolina? HOLY **** TENNESSEE MAN

He's talking about teams the Broncos face this season. They don't face Tenn.

BroncoBuff
10-03-2008, 11:39 AM
Tampa has been extremely susceptible to the pass so far this season.
That's true. That, plus all the film on Cutler throwing and our minimal rushing attack thus far, and I'm thinking the Bucs will concentrate on stopping the pass. Therefore, I'm betting we KILL THEM with play-action runs, in the first half anyway.

TheReverend
10-03-2008, 11:41 AM
That's true. That, plus all the film on Cutler throwing and our minimal rushing attack thus far, and I'm thinking the Bucs will concentrate on stopping the pass. Therefore, I'm betting we KILL THEM with play-action runs, in the first half anyway.

Can you clarify buff?

Play-action is a pass specific term... do you mean play-action passes after establishing a running game, or did you mean draw plays?

BroncoBuff
10-03-2008, 12:02 PM
Can you clarify buff?

Play-action is a pass specific term... do you mean play-action passes after establishing a running game, or did you mean draw plays?
Sorry, I got it backwards. I meant we'll use a "show pass, but run instead" approach ... opposite of play action. Maybe empty sets with handoffs near the los, that kinda stuff. I could see Hillis being a bigger part of the offense.

As I type this, both guys on ESPN "1st and Ten" pick the Broncos to win. 31-13 the one guy says, Skip Bayless says Cutler wins it at the end 25-24.

TheReverend
10-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Sorry, I got it backwards. I meant we'll use a "show pass, but run instead" approach ... opposite of play action. Maybe empty sets with handoffs near the los, that kinda stuff. I could see Hillis being a bigger part of the offense.

As I type this, both guys on ESPN "1st and Ten" pick the Broncos to win. 31-13 the one guy says, Skip Bayless says Cutler wins it at the end 25-24.

I agree, but I do think this game is still going to be at least 60-40 pass to run. Also, apparently Hillis is being benched for Larsen this week.

BroncoBuff
10-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Apparently Hillis is being benched for Larsen this week.
Spencer Larsen rep-re-sentin'!

Didn't we have another RB awhile back who de-cleated a returner on the suicide squad to get promoted to starter? :wiggle:

Broncos4tw
10-03-2008, 12:42 PM
As long as our offense cuts the mistakes, I'm not worried about them. I am very worried about our defense. It is just atrocious. The worst I've seen us play in years. Something needs changing bad. I hope it's this week. If our defense gets their act together, it will be a great year. If not, every week is going to be painful, as we try to scrape out wins, where we should be dominating.

Kaylore
10-03-2008, 12:45 PM
Can you clarify buff?

A play action run is a double blind. We fake that we're going to fake that we're going to pass. They'll see Cutler turn to hand the ball off to Young and then twitch like he's going to keep it and then give it to Young anyway at the last minute. The defense will be on their heels all game! They'll never see it coming!

lazarus4444
10-03-2008, 01:01 PM
We're going to see a competent defense on Sunday and it sure as hell isn't going to be ours, lol.

Bronx33
10-03-2008, 01:34 PM
I think shanahan was giving cutler a little too much leash hopefully shanny tightens up a bit to keep cutler being productive.

mr007
02-08-2010, 11:37 PM
hey Rev I had to bump this for ya haha.

TheReverend
02-08-2010, 11:57 PM
hey Rev I had to bump this for ya haha.

EPIC bump

I still like Peyton hands down over Brees

broncocalijohn
02-09-2010, 12:02 AM
How do you remember this from well over a year ago? Just a small remark/rebuttal by Rev and you have to be writing this on a wall at the time to be able to bust his balls a year and a half later.

mr007
02-09-2010, 10:20 AM
How do you remember this from well over a year ago? Just a small remark/rebuttal by Rev and you have to be writing this on a wall at the time to be able to bust his balls a year and a half later.

It's just one of the first arguments I remember having on the mane and for the most part I agree with Rev, so I had to toss it back up =).