PDA

View Full Version : Is Jarvis Moss a bust?

JCMElway
08-26-2008, 01:47 PM
Poll coming.

Inkana7
08-26-2008, 01:48 PM
No.

dbfan4life
08-26-2008, 01:49 PM
Way too early for this type of thread. He was injured for most of his rookie season and hasn't played a down this season.

PRBronco
08-26-2008, 01:49 PM
Jesus murphy, no. Ask again in two years.

Beantown Bronco
08-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Where were you a few days ago, when we had four of these "Moss sucks" threads on page one?

bronco militia
08-26-2008, 01:50 PM
wait another day and start another thread

Spider
08-26-2008, 01:51 PM
Jay cutler is a bust no way do we get to pick first next year with him playin

JCMElway
08-26-2008, 01:51 PM
I wanted to see it with a poll, that's all.

orinjkrush
08-26-2008, 01:53 PM
for a first rounder?.......not lookin good

theAPAOps5
08-26-2008, 01:56 PM
He is a rookie, last year was a wash. I can't believe this poll was even started. Talk to me in at least 2 years.

Triplelefthook
08-26-2008, 01:58 PM
Way too early for this type of thread. He was injured for most of his rookie season and hasn't played a down this season.

seriously. people are just chomping at the bit to call this guy a bust - and that includes the morons that infect our sports radio waves on the local scene. give it time FFS! now i am a little less patient than those who say we need to give him 2 more years, i do think he needs to show something this year - but even then if he falls a bit short of that its too early for the "bust" label.... Moss is a specific case too - there are reasons why he hasn't developed quite yet, mostly due to a couple serious injuries and a unique build/physique... just give it some time people

SonOfLe-loLang
08-26-2008, 01:59 PM
WHeres the guy with the "not this **** again" picture?

JCMElway
08-26-2008, 02:00 PM
He is a rookie, last year was a wash. I can't believe this poll was even started. Talk to me in at least 2 years.

Geez Aps, a little harsh, aren't we? I know it's early, I just wanted to get a feel of what folks are thinking now. It's interesting to look back on when the matter is decided in a year or two.

And don't tell me that Shanny isn't concerned right now.

BroncoInferno
08-26-2008, 02:00 PM
Too early to tell.

broncofan7
08-26-2008, 02:02 PM
Jury is still out--give him at least 1 full, non injury plagued year and even then it may be premature to judge. If he is not getting pressure off of the edge or even starting next year, then maybe he can be labeled as a reach where we drafted for need instead of best available talent.

JCMElway
08-26-2008, 02:02 PM
And I'm not calling him a bust at this time. I voted with the majority here. I just wanted to see the numbers in a poll form.

Damn people, if you don't like the thread, don't click on it. Actually, you bitching about it makes it jump up the page.

ColoradoDarin
08-26-2008, 02:03 PM
He's played a few games and that's it. Give him this year and next before we evaluate his "bust" status.

Br0nc0Buster
08-26-2008, 02:05 PM
Our best players on offense that we drafted are Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall
Our best players on defense that we drafted are Elvis Dumervil and DJ Williams

Cutler was a stud in preseason his rookie year, Brandon showed a ton of flashes, Elvis put up 8 sacks his rookie year, and DJ was like runner up for defensive rookie of the year. I know Moss is more raw than those guys, but he has not shown anything.

He doesnt even look good in preseason against backups.

Rohirrim
08-26-2008, 02:05 PM
Ask this question this time next year.

Gcver2ver3
08-26-2008, 02:07 PM
people get way too critical of people's threads...he wants to see it in a poll...nothing wrong with that...

i voted for "probably" only because i think he will become a bust...

but i can't call him one now because it's too early...

maybe the poll would make more sense if you asked whether you think he will turn out to be a bust versus asking if he is one now...

so i answered the poll based off of what i think he will wind up doing...

JCMElway
08-26-2008, 02:07 PM
Ask this question this time next year.

I will.

theAPAOps5
08-26-2008, 02:11 PM
Geez Aps, a little harsh, aren't we? I know it's early, I just wanted to get a feel of what folks are thinking now. It's interesting to look back on when the matter is decided in a year or two.

HA I thought you would know I was just busting your balls. It is too early to tell but I wasn't seriously being harsh. You stupid ****! :D

Houshyamama
Are you cereal? A bit premature don't you think?

Ratboy
Way too early. Give him a season or 2 and then decide.

worm
08-26-2008, 02:16 PM
A bust? Not yet.

If we had a draft do-over would he be a 1st round pick? Not at this point.

JCMElway
08-26-2008, 02:16 PM
HA I thought you would know I was just busting your balls. It is too early to tell but I wasn't seriously being harsh. You stupid ****! :D

Ha ha. Well, after winning Survivor I don't know if it's gone to your head or not. Maybe you'd forgotten the "little people" who helped you get where you are today.....

theAPAOps5
08-26-2008, 02:18 PM
No I didn't forget my little sheep.....

theAPAOps5
08-26-2008, 02:18 PM
I must say thought I am surprised at the results. I thought there would be way more Bust votes than there are.

JCMElway
08-26-2008, 02:19 PM
No I didn't forget my little sheep.....

lol. Damn you you f***ing Foneco!

JCMElway
08-26-2008, 02:20 PM
I must say thought I am surprised at the results. I thought there would be way more Bust votes than there are.

That's why I wanted to do the poll now. I didn't think there were a lot of "the sky is falling" folks, but wanted to make sure.

Dagmar
08-26-2008, 02:25 PM
37 sensible answers, glad to see that! Although for an internet message board it is strange...

SoDak Bronco
08-26-2008, 02:28 PM
but but i thought he was suppose to contribute right away

PRBronco
08-26-2008, 02:33 PM
I'm not concerned about Jarvis, I'm glad the broncos have a rangy, athletic defensive end, he looks the part, he played the part in college, and he can learn to do it in the pros; he's still growing into his body, he's just a kid. The thing I'm worried about is our defensive line coach, who the hell has him bull rushing every play?

Cito Pelon
08-26-2008, 02:35 PM
'Bust' connotes total failure. He's not there. Now, he doesn't bust his ass to get to the QB, isn't a gangbuster, doesn't bust up plays. But he's not a bust in the sense of the poll.

JCMElway
08-26-2008, 02:36 PM
I'm not concerned about Jarvis, I'm glad the broncos have a rangy, athletic defensive end, he looks the part, he played the part in college, and he can learn to do it in the pros. The thing I'm worried about is our defensive line coach, who the hell has him bull rushing every play?

Well, it may be just a symptom of being vanilla in the preseason. At least that's my hope. Who knows, when the season starts he may be stunting, spinning and swimming to eight or more sacks.

PRBronco
08-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Well, it may be just a symptom of being vanilla in the preseason. At least that's my hope. Who knows, when the season starts he may be stunting, spinning and swimming to eight or more sacks.

Yeah that's what i'm hoping for too. The little kool aid man inside me is telling me he's waiting for Oakland until he unleashes his Reggie White hump :)

alkemical
08-26-2008, 02:55 PM
I think he's going to need 5years to pay dividends

CHANGSTER
08-26-2008, 03:04 PM
I believe the general consensus is to give a player 3 seasons before labeling him.

With that in mind, no. I'll start forming a real opinion mid season next year.

cmhargrove
08-26-2008, 03:07 PM
Jarvis getting hurt last year obviously slowed his development. However, we could compare him against a top 10 pick - the "best pass rusher" in last year's draft - Gaines Adams.

Gaines ended up playing 16 games with 38 tackles and 6 sacks. Pretty good for a rookie.

Jarvis only played six games and got 12 tackles and 1 sack. If you extrapolate those numbers to a sixteen game season, Jarvis would have the following numbers - 32 tackles, 3 sacks. Those are solid rookie numbers for a DE. If he doesn't improve on those numbers after a full 16 game season this year, you could officially say he was backsliding. Reserve judgement for a few facts. We won't get the facts until this season unfolds.

Also, when looking at the facts - Gaines didn't get his first sack until game 6 of the season. That's when Jarvis got hurt. So, who knows what Jarvis could have done by the end of the season?

Bronco X
08-26-2008, 03:11 PM
Not yet. Let me run to Michael's and get some sculpey clay.

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/598/1272273336a6e47e22cck9.jpg

Needa Pass Rush
08-26-2008, 03:11 PM
I wanted to see it with a poll, that's all.

Here's a better question. What's the best hotel in Austin? ??? ???

Needa Pass Rush
08-26-2008, 03:13 PM

Look. You just answered your own poll correctly. TOO EARLY TO KNOW (for the average fan).

Kaylore
08-26-2008, 03:17 PM
WHeres the guy with the "not this **** again" picture?

http://blog.feefifoto.com/images/2008/02/13/lombardi_trophy.jpg

gyldenlove
08-26-2008, 03:20 PM
It is way too early to tell, Mario Williams looked like a kid in his rookie year and last year he was out there eating offensive tackles for breakfast. Moss needs a lot of work to reach where a player drafted at 17th overall should be at, but with only a half season of work, he still has time to get there.

Clockwork Orange
08-26-2008, 03:35 PM
Do people realize that Jamaal Anderson (8th overall) started all 16 games last year and managed to record zero sacks? Or that Adam Carriker (11th overall) started all 16 games and had all of two? Are those guys busts? Should Atlanta and St. Louis just cut their losses on these guys after one year? Or is it that not all youngsters come in and are immediate impact players?

Moss deserves some time to show what he's got. If we're still having this discussion at this time next year, it'll be valid.

Dagmar
08-26-2008, 03:36 PM
hmmm.

JCMElway
08-26-2008, 03:41 PM
Here's a better question. What's the best hotel in Austin? ??? ???

Are you looking for a place with all of the amenities, or do you want something more local and Austin-y?

The Austin Motel on Congress is a great place to crash. Not a chain, but nice home-like rooms.

Paladin
08-26-2008, 03:46 PM

Who ever looks back at these "polls"?

Pat Bowlen
08-26-2008, 03:50 PM
Pretty dumb thread.

Doggcow
08-26-2008, 03:59 PM
Mario Williams wasn't good his first year... Remember the Kube hate? Now look at him. Give Jarvis some time to recover from injury and give him more than 2 months in a brand new system to judge.

ZONA
08-26-2008, 04:11 PM
Yeah, you can't say he is a bust this early especially with the injuries but I totally feel this guys is much more suited to play OLB in a 3-4. I honestly think he would be a pro bowl type of player at that position.

One thing is for sure, I don't like the fact that we have 2 tweener DE (moss, Dumer). I think we should stick with Dumer as our speed tweener guy and trade Moss to somebody with a 3-4 for a Safety or LB......if we do indeed plan to stay with a 4-3.

If I had my choice however, I would keep all our guys and would change up to a 3-4 and put Moss and Dumer on the outsides and have DJ and Webster inside. Heck, even Engleberger would be a decent backup for the outside. Crowder could slim down just a tad to improve speed and he could get some time inside our outside on short yardage.

Cito Pelon
08-26-2008, 04:13 PM
Do people realize that Jamaal Anderson (8th overall) started all 16 games last year and managed to record zero sacks? Or that Adam Carriker (11th overall) started all 16 games and had all of two? Are those guys busts? Should Atlanta and St. Louis just cut their losses on these guys after one year? Or is it that not all youngsters come in and are immediate impact players?

Moss deserves some time to show what he's got. If we're still having this discussion at this time next year, it'll be valid.

Yeah to all those saying give him some time. I was looking at Aaron Kampman since we just played GB and he's had a couple good season's in a row. Dude needed 4 years to get up to top speed.

Beantown Bronco
08-26-2008, 04:18 PM
If I had my choice however, I would keep all our guys and would change up to a 3-4 and put Moss and Dumer on the outsides and have DJ and Webster inside. Heck, even Engleberger would be a decent backup for the outside. Crowder could slim down just a tad to improve speed and he could get some time inside our outside on short yardage.

And, aside from the obvious coaching issues, you don't mind ignoring the fact that we don't have a single solid nose tackle on the roster? And don't say D. Robertson.

And there's not a single guy on the roster with any NFL experience at 3-4 DE that I'm aware of.

Kaylore
08-26-2008, 04:35 PM
Yeah to all those saying give him some time. I was looking at Aaron Kampman since we just played GB and he's had a couple good season's in a row. Dude needed 4 years to get up to top speed.

Look at the guy who Moss is compared to: Jason Taylor. Guy didn't have a good season until his fourth year either and he ended up becoming a regular pro-bowler and Defensive MVP.

PRBronco
08-26-2008, 04:42 PM
Dear Coach Shanahan,
Please do this, you'll thank me later:
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/6549/093502wb6.jpg

USMCBladerunner
08-26-2008, 04:50 PM

Stop talking sense and don't confuse people with the facts...bust bust bust bust bust bust bust bust BUST

Cito Pelon
08-26-2008, 05:16 PM
I don't get the hate for #60. Dude has a motor, and playing DE/DL is more than just getting sacks. Being willing to pursue the play downfield after the ball is past you is a big deal for DL guys that want to start. #60 does that all the time. Hustle counts. Neil Smith was great not just because he could sack, but that guy would chase the RB for 40 yards downfield to make a tackle. Hustle counts. Trevor Pryce could have been one of the greatest DL of all time, but that guy would not pursue period after the play got past him. There's a lot of DL in the league that won't do that, but sometimes that's why a guy will start ahead of someone else. Moss, I'm thinking he doesn't like to hustle and that may be why he's not starting. #60 also plays the wedge on KO's, dude is a player.

broncofan2438
08-26-2008, 05:20 PM
Its clearly a lopsided choice here. Lets give him a full year before we get crazy

rmsanger
08-26-2008, 05:51 PM
bust the way of Hixon, hawk hand, and Mike Bell

Mountain Bronco
08-26-2008, 06:08 PM
I will call it right now. Major, big time reach and huge bustorama. I said this immediatly after the draft. Bust, bust, bust.

He sucks. I was better than he ever was. He will go down as the biggest bust in Bronco History. He couldn't even be mister irrelavent now. How did this happen, the world is falling apart. I wouldn't even sign him as an undrafted fee agent at this point. NFL Europe wouldn't take him at this point. He should be cut immediatly.

ScottXray
08-26-2008, 06:10 PM
Is he a bust,.....Not yet. Is he worth what we paid in the draft for him?
Not yet! Will he ever be? Maybe but odds aren't in our favor as of now.

Considering that he said he doesn't intend to try to gain any weight after trying and failing this year, it doesn't bode well for him ever being more than a situatonal player. We aren't going to a 3-4 so he won't be moved to OLB, so discussion of that is rediculous. If he can pick up some of the moves and skills that Dumerville has he can maybe match doom eventually as a rusher. But at 250 lbs he needs to really get a lot stronger to keep from getting washed out or being single blocked on runs. With continued weight work he should get stronger. But if he doesn't gain weight to go with it he may never
be worth the picks we gave for him.

Wait and see is fine....but if he doesn't start producing by next year I think he has to be classified a first round bust...he is being paid first round dollars.

Bronco X
08-26-2008, 06:20 PM
Is he a bust,.....Not yet. Is he worth what we paid in the draft for him?
Not yet! Will he ever be? Maybe but odds aren't in our favor as of now.

The real reason there are people so eager to label Moss a bust is because the Broncos moved up to get him. I don't see what the huge issue is. If he pans out he pans out, no one is going to be saying "will he was not worth moving up to #17 but he would have been worth drafting at #21". Okay, check that, someone will say that but it's stupid if he pans out. Inversely, if he doesn't pan out it would be a bad pick at #21.... and the picks used to move up are even less of a guarantee than getting value at #21.

Killericon
08-26-2008, 06:30 PM
I keep mentioning this, but my signature going into that draft was "**** JARVIS MOSS!"

If I wanna say that he's probably going to be a bust, it's not because I haven't given him enough time. I thought he'd be a bust before we drafted him.

ScottXray
08-26-2008, 06:32 PM
The real reason there are people so eager to label Moss a bust is because the Broncos moved up to get him. I don't see what the huge issue is. If he pans out he pans out, no one is going to be saying "will he was not worth moving up to #17 but he would have been worth drafting at #21". Okay, check that, someone will say that but it's stupid if he pans out. Inversely, if he doesn't pan out it would be a bad pick at #21.... and the picks used to move up are even less of a guarantee than getting value at #21.

If he doesn't pan out, whether at 17 or 21 , a bust is a bust. The key is he was a first round pick , and those are the drafted players that are supposed to be key players that you aren't supposed to miss on. If he ends up being a third round talent, he still is a first round bust. The fact that we gave up extra picks to move up so we could get him makes him a bigger bust, because we lost that extra pick, that might have been a player that did pan out. We lost that potential in addition!. Either way it all discussion as of yet. Next year its make or break. You shouldn't have to wait till the 4th year for a first round talent to start paying off. If Moss is in the starting lineup by next year, and is at least getting some pressure and holding his own on runs then he isn't a bust. If hes a liability on the run and not getting pressure then he is. Cut him....no....but you won't get much in a trade either.

Br0nc0Buster
08-26-2008, 06:47 PM

1. Jamaal Anderson was not good last year, he like Moss has not proven much of anything.
2. Carriker is a defensive tackle. In fact the first half of the season the Rams tried to play him at nose before moving him to UT. But to be honest Carriker has not been a great tackle yet. But he still has shown more than Moss.

What bothers me more than his inability to make any plays ever is that he cant put on weight. If he is done growing, then he has a limited ceiling as he is not strong.

Orange_Beard
08-26-2008, 07:46 PM
not yet, the guy is coming off a broken leg, put him back a year.

theAPAOps5
08-26-2008, 08:05 PM
I will call it right now. Major, big time reach and huge bustorama. I said this immediatly after the draft. Bust, bust, bust.

He sucks. I was better than he ever was. He will go down as the biggest bust in Bronco History. He couldn't even be mister irrelavent now. How did this happen, the world is falling apart. I wouldn't even sign him as an undrafted fee agent at this point. NFL Europe wouldn't take him at this point. He should be cut immediatly.

The correct terminology around here is:

"I am going to go ahead and call it." As dictated by TJ himself. :~ohyah!:

Orange_Beard
08-26-2008, 08:12 PM

Wow, that's some big shoes to fill. To me it would be hard to "out-bust" clarrett.

telluride
08-26-2008, 08:38 PM
This is an interesting take from the Post mailbag:

Is Jarvis Moss better suited to play OLB in a 3-4 defense than DE in the Broncos' 4-3? If so, should we consider trading him? I'm sure he has a bright future, just maybe not with Denver. One needs look no further than Dewayne Robertson to see the impact that a base defensive alignment can have on a player.
-- Warren Mahan, Manassas, Va.

Warren - As a TV football analyst told me: "The Broncos should be as mad at Jarvis Moss for staying skinny as they are at Montrae Holland for getting fat." It just doesn't seem possible for a 250-pound defensive end to have any chance at stopping the run. You might have something there with Moss as an outside linebacker in the 3-4, but I still think he has a chance to become an effective pass rusher as a defensive end in nickel packages. Remember, in terms of playing time, Moss is still essentially a rookie. He only played in six games last year before he suffered a significant lower leg injury.

It's difficult to be patient with first-round draft picks because of all the money they make, but it's not unreasonable to expect Moss to continue experiencing growing pains in the first half of this season.

Punisher
08-26-2008, 09:37 PM
Ask me the same question after this year,then you get your answer...

Punisher
08-26-2008, 09:38 PM
Dear Coach Shanahan,
Please do this, you'll thank me later:
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/6549/093502wb6.jpg

LOL LOL LOL

KipCorrington25
08-26-2008, 09:45 PM
Too early to tell but he's not looked good, I'd say 80% probability of being a bust... and being a role player for a half dozen years is a bust in my opinion which is what I'm thinking will happen.

I don't buy the injury excuse either, not being able to get on the field does still indeed qualify you as a bust. It's not entirely fair but that's what happens when you get big money you need to produce regardless.

The pick was a reach and has turned into a reach around.

Anaximines
08-26-2008, 10:18 PM
Look at what happened with Mario Williams. And as everyone is saying, we knew it would take Moss some time to get it on, plus he played a short season last year.

theAPAOps5
08-26-2008, 10:22 PM
This is an interesting take from the Post mailbag:

Why they drafted a guy who is considered undersized for his position. Putting on weight wasn't working and so he stayed around 245. The Broncos have no business being mad at him. If they wanted a true sized DE they should have drafted one.

alkemical
08-27-2008, 08:53 AM
Why they drafted a guy who is considered undersized for his position. Putting on weight wasn't working and so he stayed around 245. The Broncos have no business being mad at him. If they wanted a true sized DE they should have drafted one.

I agree, and i don't disagree with their decision to take Moss. The problem is on the D side (as stated before) - we don't stick to a scheme and build it. I have no problem with moss being an undersized DE, i'd like him to put on 15lbs (I figure 260-5lb is fine, with his speed). He does have a knack for making big plays. You want a guy to create pressure and sacks, but you also want it at KEY times.

I think Jarvis takes 5 years to develop. The injury, he was raw coming out of college, etc - it's going to take a bit.

I can't call him a bust until at the very earliest - end of next season.

TheReverend
08-27-2008, 08:56 AM
Look at the guy who Moss is compared to: Jason Taylor. Guy didn't have a good season until his fourth year either and he ended up becoming a regular pro-bowler and Defensive MVP.

No he didn't.

(And don't bother posting any links, I'm in a perpetuate state of denial)

TheReverend
08-27-2008, 08:58 AM
I agree, and i don't disagree with their decision to take Moss. The problem is on the D side (as stated before) - we don't stick to a scheme and build it. I have no problem with moss being an undersized DE, i'd like him to put on 15lbs (I figure 260-5lb is fine, with his speed). He does have a knack for making big plays. You want a guy to create pressure and sacks, but you also want it at KEY times.

I think Jarvis takes 5 years to develop. The injury, he was raw coming out of college, etc - it's going to take a bit.

I can't call him a bust until at the very earliest - end of next season.

The camp viewers loved him, and am I alone in thinking he looked pretty sharp this pre-season (stats page aside)?

BroncoInferno
08-27-2008, 09:39 AM
The camp viewers loved him, and am I alone in thinking he looked pretty sharp this pre-season (stats page aside)?

You aren't. People want him to look like Mario Williams, and anything short of that will be a disappointment. But he has been pretty solid, if unspectacular.

alkemical
08-27-2008, 10:00 AM

You aren't. People want him to look like Mario Williams, and anything short of that will be a disappointment. But he has been pretty solid, if unspectacular.

I just see him as a guy that's going to take a while. He was drafted on pure potential. He was raw and exploded in a bowl game, and came up with big plays (when he plays).

I just think he will take a bit to develop pass rush moves, but his versatility to play in space, etc could be a good asset

TheReverend
08-27-2008, 10:31 AM

I just see him as a guy that's going to take a while. He was drafted on pure potential. He was raw and exploded in a bowl game, and came up with big plays (when he plays).

I just think he will take a bit to develop pass rush moves, but his versatility to play in space, etc could be a good asset

He'll develop when he develops, that's between him and his coaches, but his play last season before injury was inspiring, and I've held the same opinion of his pre-season. I don't think he'll be off the first team line-up much longer... another year at MOST.

colonelbeef
08-27-2008, 11:02 AM
He maybe better suited to be a tweener/ olb in a 3-4, but the guy obviously has the physical talents necessary to pressure the QB. Last year was a wash due to an unfortunate injury. Give him time.

alkemical
08-27-2008, 11:11 AM
He maybe better suited to be a tweener/ olb in a 3-4, but the guy obviously has the physical talents necessary to pressure the QB. Last year was a wash due to an unfortunate injury. Give him time.

This is where i agree - but you got guys like Freeney, Burgess, Kearse (isn't huge) - that can make an impact.

alkemical
08-27-2008, 11:17 AM
He'll develop when he develops, that's between him and his coaches, but his play last season before injury was inspiring, and I've held the same opinion of his pre-season. I don't think he'll be off the first team line-up much longer... another year at MOST.

Agreed.

Inkana7
08-27-2008, 12:22 PM
Well, if Dumervil really can't make the opener, we'll see Jarvis starting.

The MVPlaya
03-29-2010, 06:53 PM
Oh, so Jarvis Moss gets more than a season to tell but Ayers and Moreno and Smith are automatically busts right?

HA

Bump

Cito Pelon
03-29-2010, 07:58 PM
Oh, so Jarvis Moss gets more than a season to tell but Ayers and Moreno and Smith are automatically busts right?

HA

Bump

Good point.

Lev Vyvanse
03-29-2010, 08:09 PM

Who ever looks back at these "polls"?

The MVPlaya.

Cool Breeze
03-29-2010, 08:20 PM
Oh ****, I totally voted bustorama!
I gotta look at these dates...

rmsanger
03-29-2010, 08:26 PM
he's a bigger bust than what I gave my ole lady last night...

FireFly
03-29-2010, 08:30 PM
Well at this point it's certainly safe to say yes.

A complete bust given his 1st round status and especially given that we had to trade up to get him@

~Crash~
03-29-2010, 11:35 PM
Well at this point it's certainly safe to say yes.

A complete bust given his 1st round status and especially given that we had to trade up to get him@

one year as a OLB and you give him bust... well it looks like our LB'ers coach of last year does not agree with you ...he cut Davis instead of Moss . so maybe he thinks different. I will see after the Draft because we if we take a OLB then I might think he is a bust...

bpc
03-30-2010, 12:05 AM
look at the guy who moss is compared to: Jason taylor. Guy didn't have a good season until his fourth year either and he ended up becoming a regular pro-bowler and defensive mvp.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

ZONA
03-30-2010, 12:11 AM
Well he was indeed a bust on the Dline. I think this year if he doesn't get on the field a ton at OLB, he's a bust every which way there is.

Cito Pelon
03-30-2010, 12:27 AM
I stated this:

'Bust' connotes total failure. He's not there. Now, he doesn't bust his ass to get to the QB, isn't a gangbuster, doesn't bust up plays. But he's not a bust in the sense of the poll.

I thought that was pretty good at the time. I am vindicated.

uplink
03-30-2010, 03:22 PM
I though he was a bust on the dline but now may make it at OLBer. If he isn't at least fighting for the starting job at OLB this year I think he is done.

misturanderson
03-30-2010, 03:34 PM

HA

Bump

The most important difference is who drafted each of them.

Cito Pelon
03-30-2010, 04:39 PM
I stated on another thread that Moss will be in the NFL for ten years. I still believe that. He does just enough to stay on a roster.

ScottXray
03-30-2010, 07:07 PM
Jarvis Moss has done well for a 5th round pick.

Oh......!

Cool Breeze
03-30-2010, 07:26 PM
the most important difference is who drafted each of them.

bingo!!!

azbroncfan
03-30-2010, 11:03 PM
Yes he is time to move on.