PDA

View Full Version : "On-Season" Mode starts August 9th...

Taco John
07-26-2008, 04:08 PM
It's just about that time of year again...

For those new to how we do things here, during "On-Season" mode the main forum turns into NFL Football related topics only, with a few exceptions for major events (sports and life) and important community notices (like the birth of kids, and major life announcements from our Broncos brothers and sisters).

Enjoy the off topics here while you can. On August 9th, the Broncos travel to Houston to play Kubiak's Texans, and at that time, it's full steam ahead with "On Season Mode." :thumbs:

SouthStndJunkie
07-26-2008, 04:14 PM
Any chance the General Baseball Thread 2008 can stay through the end of the baseball season?

If not, no big deal.

elsid13
07-26-2008, 04:16 PM
Any chance the General Baseball Thread 2008 can stay through the end of the baseball season?

If not, no big deal.

TJ usually allows the Baseball thread to continue

elsid13
07-26-2008, 04:16 PM
Does this means Spider can not post anymore???

watermock
07-26-2008, 04:29 PM
did I miss the FF draft?

24champ
07-26-2008, 04:31 PM
TJ usually allows the Baseball thread to continue

Not if the Mariners keep sucking.

Just kidding Taco. :wave:

Bronco LB 59
07-26-2008, 04:34 PM
One request, I think college football topics should be posted on the main page. NFL football and college football go hand in hand.

There are countless college fans here that don't even make their way into the hard to find college football boards on this site.

Earendil
07-26-2008, 04:47 PM
This is what happens when I disconnect for a while; my two favorite teams play in two weeks in my hometown and I just now found out about it. I just hope they televise it in Austin.

Orange_Beard
07-26-2008, 05:51 PM
Sooner!

**** the baseball thread, go to the baseball forum.

Orange_Beard
07-26-2008, 05:52 PM
One request, I think college football topics should be posted on the main page. NFL football and college football go hand in hand.

There are countless college fans here that don't even make their way into the hard to find college football boards on this site.

No, please no.

2KBack
07-26-2008, 06:01 PM

you could potentially wash out the bronco threads, seeing as how this isn't a collection of fans of one college team. On a Broncos board, the main forum should be NFL football. There's always been a College ball forum to frequent for those that want it.

Taco John
07-26-2008, 06:08 PM

If not, no big deal.

Absolutely. That one usually sticks around until Baseball is done.

Taco John
07-26-2008, 06:10 PM

I'll examine the situation.

Orange_Beard
07-26-2008, 06:16 PM
I'll examine the situation.

Please don't water down the board. Keep focus.

Don't try to be everything for everybody.

Arkansas Bronco
07-26-2008, 06:46 PM
Please don't water down the board. Keep focus.

Don't try to be everything for everybody.

I will have to agree most NCAA teams have a board already (which I am a member of my teams member list) no need to tie NCAA and the Broncos together. To many schools with to much junk will really mess up bronco information. Not big on baseball topics either but TJ is the man so if thats what he wants so be it.

Sassy
07-26-2008, 06:49 PM
No. I vote Broncos only on Main page....it's hard enough to keep up with...lots of Broncos info gets booted to page 2 and 3 before you even have a chance to read it.

Arkansas Bronco
07-26-2008, 06:51 PM
No. I vote Broncos only on Main page....it's hard enough to keep up with...lots of Broncos info gets booted to page 2 and 3 before you even have a chance to read it.

I knew I liked you for a reason. :notworthy

Taco John
07-26-2008, 06:57 PM
I don't expect that we're going to be making any broad or sweeping changes here - but I'll at least take a look at the suggestions people make and evaluate from there.

Sassy
07-26-2008, 06:59 PM
I knew I liked you for a reason. :notworthy

The OM is a Bronco board...every other team is secondary...:sunshine:

Earendil
07-26-2008, 07:39 PM
If it wasn't for the draft I'd never notice the NCAA and their elected "Champions. " I've been in Austin for twenty years, off and on, and didn't know a thing about Selvin Young (except he got hurt a lot) until we picked him up last season. This isn't a democracy as such, but if I had a vote to cast I'd say let the bears pay the bear tax, and keep the Broncos board a Broncos board.

SouthStndJunkie
07-26-2008, 07:41 PM
Absolutely. That one usually sticks around until Baseball is done.

Thanks.

SouthStndJunkie
07-26-2008, 07:42 PM
I will have to agree most NCAA teams have a board already (which I am a member of my teams member list) no need to tie NCAA and the Broncos together. To many schools with to much junk will really mess up bronco information. Not big on baseball topics either but TJ is the man so if thats what he wants so be it.

It's only one thread.

SouthStndJunkie
07-26-2008, 07:45 PM

Even better yet....have people pay attention and not start 5 threads on the same subject or a slight variation of the same subject, or start an entire thread for every single news article. That is a lot of the reason that the board gets cluttered up.

Sassy
07-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Even better yet....have people pay attention and not start 5 threads on the same subject or a slight variation of the same subject, or start an entire thread for every single news article. That is a lot of the reason that the board gets cluttered up.

:thumbsup:

Arkansas Bronco
07-26-2008, 08:06 PM
It's only one thread.

Id like to know where you came from. If it was only one HAHA. Baseball and NCAA spread, everyone wants to be a hero and post new info. Your not new and I know you have seen it so quit calling me out, because I dont come to a bronco board for this crap. If I want my Razorbacks or Cubs Ill go to there sites not here.

SouthStndJunkie
07-26-2008, 08:58 PM
Id like to know where you came from. If it was only one HAHA. Baseball and NCAA spread, everyone wants to be a hero and post new info. Your not new and I know you have seen it so quit calling me out, because I dont come to a bronco board for this crap. If I want my Razorbacks or Cubs Ill go to there sites not here.

What on earth was that for? Take a xanax bro.

I only asked to keep one thread....General Baseball Thread 2008.

Taco said that was cool.

I thought you were talking about Taco's response to my post.

No big deal....it's Saturday Night and I am in a good mood and getting bombed.

Blueflame
07-26-2008, 09:29 PM
Perhaps if the majority want the college football board to be higher-profile, it could be placed like the "Maniac Community", "Fantasy Football" and "Draft Forum" have been... at the top of the main forum page. That way, college football topics won't push Broncos news to Page Two...

That One Guy
07-26-2008, 10:11 PM
This isn't a democracy as such, but if I had a vote to cast I'd say let the bears pay the bear tax, and keep the Broncos board a Broncos board.

Please tell me that's a quote. Otherwise I'm lost...

That One Guy
07-26-2008, 10:12 PM
Perhaps if the majority want the college football board to be higher-profile, it could be placed like the "Maniac Community", "Fantasy Football" and "Draft Forum" have been... at the top of the main forum page. That way, college football topics won't push Broncos news to Page Two...

That's what I was thinking as well. It's relavent enough to not be cast amidst Arena League football but at the same time, it isn't Broncos football either.

Earendil
07-27-2008, 12:36 AM
Please tell me that's a quote. Otherwise I'm lost...
Yes, it's a quote, from the Simpsons episode on illegal immigration:

"Five dollar Bear Tax! This is the biggest tax increase in history!"

"Actually, dad, it's the smallest."

"Whatever, I'm still outraged. Let the bears pay the Bear Tax; I pay the Homer Tax!"

"That's the Homeowner Tax...."
"Are these people getting dumber, are just louder? They don't want the bears, but they don't want to pay taxes for the Bear Patrol either! This issue calls for decisive leadership....

PEOPLE! Your taxes are high because of illegal immigrants!"

"Immigunts, I knew it! Even when it was the bears, I knew it was the immigunts!"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Much_Apu_About_Nothing
Or put another way, if people want to talk about the Steelers, NCAA football, NCAA basketball, NCAA water polo, or talk about bears, as far as I'm concerned (and it ain't my call) let them go to a sub-board for that, and leave the main board on a Broncos site for Broncos football (Denver, not Boise State, unless it's about Ryan Clady.)

Hopefully that makes more sense now rather than less. :P

That One Guy
07-27-2008, 12:55 AM
LOL OK, now I remember. You're a wise one Earendil, wise beyond your years...

HolyDiver
07-29-2008, 06:18 PM
The OM is a Bronco board...every other team is secondary...:sunshine:

I agree with that.

chawknz
07-30-2008, 01:31 PM
I don't think having college news on the main board is a good idea. I have absolutely no interest in college football, and afterall, this is a Broncos board, not a general football board. That's what sub forums are for.

Hurrary for the new season!

TheReverend
08-09-2008, 05:28 PM
God bless on-season mode.

...until the first loss of the season when the first two pages are all doomsday threads.

Beantown Bronco
08-11-2008, 03:36 PM

We've already got about 10 threads dedicated to the freaking pre-season Houston game. Everyone's opinion of what went down is just so damn important it has to have its own thread. Wouldn't want it to get lost in the other 5 or 6 "non-official" threads with only a few posts each to their credit.