PDA

View Full Version : ****ing PIGS!

Pages : [1] 2

BABronco
06-22-2008, 11:31 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CgixrRZ-Avg&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CgixrRZ-Avg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I really don't know what to say about this. If I was that guy and some fuc*ing pig were to be slamming my girl into the floor I would have been tempted to fight and or shoot the fat fuc*. Let alone the "strip search". Makes you love American justice.

BABronco
06-22-2008, 11:35 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M42sw8cXCHQ&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M42sw8cXCHQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Fu**ing pussy @$$ cop.

BroncoBuff
06-22-2008, 11:57 AM
That filthy bastard keeps tazing the handcuffed woman ... what's his f-ing hurry?

There's just no accountability anymore ... those cops in NY that pumped 40+ shots into the neswlyweds' car got off completely. That sends a message to all cops: Open Fire.

BABronco
06-22-2008, 11:58 AM
Post your police brutality videos here

Rohirrim
06-22-2008, 12:07 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CgixrRZ-Avg&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CgixrRZ-Avg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I really don't know what to say about this. If I was that guy and some ****ing pig were to be slamming my girl into the floor I would have been tempted to fight and or shoot the fat ****. Let alone the "strip search". Makes you love American justice.

If those bald headed nazis did that to my wife they wouldn't have to worry about a lawsuit. Did you notice how many of those pigs were following her down the hall? What was there, ten of them for that little woman, including the one with the cam whose film has now conveniently disappeared? That sheriff looks like the pig nazi out of that Orwell cartoon of Animal House. Seems to have the same idea about human rights as well. Well, I guess this woman has learned her lesson. Don't call the pigs. They're worse than the criminals.

cutthemdown
06-22-2008, 12:47 PM
Looks pretty bad. One thing here in my city people get pissed about is how cops seem to avoid the real criminals unless they have to. We all know where the bad streets are full of bangers and crack dealers. Hell you won't see very many cops down there at 1 am because they are all on 2nd street and pine street where the good looking ladies and men chasing them are out partying.

That way they can bust people who are partying but not exactly dangerous and avoid the real criminals.

cutthemdown
06-22-2008, 12:49 PM
cops in this country are out of control when it comes to using force. It's a way bigger problem IMO then the patriot act and the federal govt. How often to we come into contact with someone from the feds? 99% of the time it's your local Sheriff or Police.

Watch out for that taser and make sure to duck that nightstick.

Maximus
06-22-2008, 01:27 PM

I really don't know what to say about this. If I was that guy and some ****ing pig were to be slamming my girl into the floor I would have been tempted to fight and or shoot the fat ****. Let alone the "strip search". Makes you love American justice.

They should be charged with Rape! They mentally and physically raped her without penetration. Outrageous!

BABronco
06-22-2008, 01:41 PM
They should be charged with Rape! They mentally and physically raped her without penetration. Outrageous!

No kidding. This is probably the sickest thing I've ever seen and more than likely they will get off with a slap on the wrist if that.

Well FB.. waiting for you to come in here and defend these ****ing scum bags.

BABronco
06-22-2008, 02:04 PM

Btw this is copied from the war room .. just figured it would go better here.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M42sw8cXCHQ&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M42sw8cXCHQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BABronco
06-22-2008, 02:04 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=68799

Tombstone RJ
06-22-2008, 02:12 PM
Sorry, absolutely no simpathy here. Her crying, whacked out, childish behavior reminds me more of a 2 year old than an adult.

Florida_Bronco
06-22-2008, 02:20 PM
Not good at all.

First off though, those are detention deputies, not police officers...big difference.

I definetly feel sorry for this woman, but as I've said before even if you are being treated unfairly by law enforcement you simply cannot make this big commotion as it will only escalate things. Cooperate with the officers, and then make your complaints once the situation has been defused.

Florida_Bronco
06-22-2008, 02:24 PM
No kidding. This is probably the sickest thing I've ever seen and more than likely they will get off with a slap on the wrist if that.

Well FB.. waiting for you to come in here and defend these ****ing scum bags.

I already posted in the other thread, but I'll post here.

Obviously there is not a whole lot to defend here, but it should be mentioned that these are jail guards, not police officers.

What happened to this woman was not right, but it's a prime example of why I say that even if you feel your rights are being violated by law enforcement that you need to follow their instructions and then make your complaints when the situation has settled down. This lady screaming and crying certainly did nothing to help the situation.

Pick Six
06-22-2008, 02:27 PM
The "strip search" would be the issue, here. The police have to deny it's an official strip search because of the males present would violate the strip search policy. I fully expect damages to be awarded in this case...

Tombstone RJ
She is acting like a 2 year old child. Screaming like a fricken little kid. That tells me something very fundamental about her:

1. She was raised by a family that spoiled her rotten. I guarantee you that when she wanted something, she screamed her head off and got what she wanted.

2. She has absolutely no control over her emotions. She is has no idea how to deal with stress, and she got herself in a situation where she lost all control, and instead of reverting to her inate ability to reason with those around her (plead her case through a controlled, non violent communication), she resorts to screaming and kicking.

3. This is more of a reflection of her poor upbringing, than the Sherif's abuse of power. After all, would you want to deal with her?

Dr. Broncenstein
Not good at all.

First off though, those are detention deputies, not police officers...big difference.

I definetly feel sorry for this woman, but as I've said before even if you are being treated unfairly by law enforcement you simply cannot make this big commotion as it will only escalate things. Cooperate with the officers, and then make your complaints once the situation has been defused.

:rofl:

So basically, don't provoke the dumb man who has authority and a gun. This is news to me.

Florida_Bronco
06-22-2008, 02:31 PM

So basically, don't provoke the dumb man who has authority and a gun. This is news to me.

What do you feel should be done then?

Los Broncos
06-22-2008, 02:34 PM
Sounds more like she was crying like a baby, the officers did nothing wrong.

Florida_Bronco
06-22-2008, 02:34 PM
The "strip search" would be the issue, here. The police have to deny it's an official strip search because of the males present would violate the strip search policy. I fully expect damages to be awarded in this case...

This is going to be very crucial in my opinion. From the video it appears there was only two female guards there, so the S.O will probably argue that they did not have enough same sex manpower to perform the search.

Atlas
06-22-2008, 02:35 PM
I hope they get $15 million and all the officers get fired.

CHANGSTER
06-22-2008, 02:39 PM
Wow, that **** is ****ing ridiculous.

Dr. Broncenstein
06-22-2008, 02:42 PM

I was being sarcastic. The police are going to do whatever the hell it is they want to do... and only in the case where they are being independantly videotaped is there ever any recourse when they are wrong.... and even that is hardly guaranteed. But you are right.... anything that makes their job harder is only going to make things worse, reguardless of who is in the wrong.

Dedhed
06-22-2008, 02:58 PM
Sorry, absolutely no simpathy here. Her crying, whacked out, childish behavior reminds me more of a 2 year old than an adult.

You're a retard! Everyone in that room deserves to stripped of their badges for life. That looks more like gang rape than it does procedure. Sadly it's not even that brutal of an example of how poor police work has become.

Rohirrim
06-22-2008, 02:59 PM
Not good at all.

You sound like that Texas congressman who advised rape victims that if they can't stop it, might as well lie back and enjoy it.

Those nazis are without any doubt abusing their authority. In the first place, where do those bald headed storm troopers get off even being in the room when a female is stripped? The entire process is nothing more than power mad little nazis abusing their authority in order to humiliate a citizen for their own amusement. Look at the clip of the woman filming them with a cam as they walk down the hall (of course, that film has disappeared). Count how many cops there are. Eight? Ten? For that one woman? She was obviously the evening's entertainment. I guarantee you, they all met at a bar later and yucked it up over that one. That you would defend them makes me vomit. I guess you can't wait to get your gun and your badge so you can wander the streets looking for people to abuse and humiliate.

Dedhed
06-22-2008, 03:03 PM
This is going to be very crucial in my opinion. From the video it appears there was only two female guards there, so the S.O will probably argue that they did not have enough same sex manpower to perform the search.These dicks are so far out of line, that its a sad commentary that there's even debate on this issue.

Rohirrim
06-22-2008, 03:11 PM
She is acting like a 2 year old child. Screaming like a fricken little kid. That tells me something very fundamental about her:

1. She was raised by a family that spoiled her rotten. I guarantee you that when she wanted something, she screamed her head off and got what she wanted.

2. She has absolutely no control over her emotions. She is has no idea how to deal with stress, and she got herself in a situation where she lost all control, and instead of reverting to her inate ability to reason with those around her (plead her case through a controlled, non violent communication), she resorts to screaming and kicking.

3. This is more of a reflection of her poor upbringing, than the Sherif's abuse of power. After all, would you want to deal with her?

Are you really this ****ing retarded? They are stripping this woman. She is being abused and humiliated for no legitimate reason whatsoever. I guess the advice you and FB would give her is shutup, lie back and enjoy it, eh?

If a cop can't handle this situation without resorting to abuse he has no business being a cop. These cops are supposed to be professionals. Regardless of what they run into, they are SUPPOSED to be trained to deal with it in an unemotional, unpersonalized manner. There's far too much of this **** going on lately. If you shout out in protest at a political event you get tazed. Look at that fat slob following that woman around with a tazer just blasting her. That, my friends, is a ****ing psychopath. We have to reverse the process that started in the 70s and begin to de-militarize our police forces across this country. There's way too much "us and them" mentality in American policing.

Beantown Bronco
06-22-2008, 03:13 PM
Not good at all.

Ummmm, you must be ignoring the fact that it was the field officers "conveniently" had their dash cams shut off when the alleged physical abuse against the woman began. What happened in the station was only part two. The police officers obviously screwed the pooch here as well, as was made clear in the first minute of the report before they even began the "strip search" portion.

Tombstone RJ
06-22-2008, 03:14 PM
You're a retard! Everyone in that room deserves to stripped of their badges for life. That looks more like gang rape than it does procedure. Sadly it's not even that brutal of an example of how poor police work has become.

Well, I'm speaking as one who's been arrested before, and yah, it's better to just cooperate, than to cause a big scene. By the time I left the police, they thought I was a swell guy... It's all in your ability to control yourself, answer the questions, cooperate, and then go get a lawyer if you think you've been mistreated.

I was not mistreated, I was embarrased as hell, but not mistreated.

DarkHorse
06-22-2008, 03:14 PM
I'm very close to the border of Summit County and Stark County - right down the road in Canton. Wow.

Not sure who mentioned detention deputy and a difference between a ''real'' cop but that couldn't be further from the truth, at least around here.

I have friends that are Summit County deputies as well and Stark County Sheriffs - they alternate between covering the jail and street patrol. No difference, they're all deputy sheriffs.

By violating their own policy i'm not sure how those male cops shouldn't be charged with a sex crime - that's very close to attempted rape in my opinion. Imagine if that were YOUR wife being treated/violated/molested in that manner and then finding out that it was an error that she was even put into that predicament.

I really hope the victims end up with an assload of cash and several of those dicks lose their jobs.

Ratboy
06-22-2008, 03:22 PM
The girl should have stopped crying like a 4 year old girl who didn't get her way.

Asfor the 2nd video. Once again, she should have stayed down after being told to do so. instead she kept trying to run around like a chicken with her head cut off.

Spider
06-22-2008, 03:24 PM
They have video of a woman sheriff deputy . dumping a guy out of a wheel chair cause she thought he was faking ........ Yeah B.A. you and me have something in common , if that was my wife , being treated that way , the deputy never makes out of my property under power .. I have punch a cop once before , it cost more then I had ever imagined , but I would do it again ....

Rohirrim
06-22-2008, 03:27 PM
The girl should have stopped crying like a 4 year old girl who didn't get her way.

Asfor the 2nd video. Once again, she should have stayed down after being told to do so. instead she kept trying to run around like a chicken with her head cut off.

You're right. Any woman who cries when she is being humiliated and abused should get the **** slapped out of her. Fuggin troglodyte. I just hope you don't have kids.

BABronco
06-22-2008, 03:28 PM
These ***** are so far out of line, that its a sad commentary that there's even debate on this issue.

It's okay, roll over and take it in the @$$. Then after all of it is over say something to someone higher up. Whatever you do don't stand up for yourself. I don't see how there could be an argument about this, however still knew there would be with FB. Way to go man ... back those pigs!!! Cops are always right civilians are worthless useless ****s!

Tombstone RJ
06-22-2008, 03:29 PM
Are you really this ****ing retarded? They are stripping this woman. She is being abused and humiliated for no legitimate reason whatsoever. I guess the advice you and FB would give her is shutup, lie back and enjoy it, eh?

If a cop can't handle this situation without resorting to abuse he has no business being a cop. These cops are supposed to be professionals. Regardless of what they run into, they are SUPPOSED to be trained to deal with it in an unemotional, unpersonalized manner. There's far too much of this **** going on lately. If you shout out in protest at a political event you get tazed. Look at that fat slob following that woman around with a tazer just blasting her. That, my friends, is a ****ing psychopath. We have to reverse the process that started in the 70s and begin to de-militarize our police forces across this country. There's way too much "us and them" mentality in American policing.

Answer this one simple question, honestly: would you want to deal with her?

Jana®
06-22-2008, 03:30 PM
You sound like that Texas congressman who advised rape victims that if they can't stop it, might as well lie back and enjoy it.

Those nazis are without any doubt abusing their authority. In the first place, where do those bald headed storm troopers get off even being in the room when a female is stripped? The entire process is nothing more than power mad little nazis abusing their authority in order to humiliate a citizen for their own amusement. Look at the clip of the woman filming them with a cam as they walk down the hall (of course, that film has disappeared). Count how many cops there are. Eight? Ten? For that one woman? She was obviously the evening's entertainment. I guarantee you, they all met at a bar later and yucked it up over that one. That you would defend them makes me vomit. I guess you can't wait to get your gun and your badge so you can wander the streets looking for people to abuse and humiliate.

Gotta agree 100% there. Isn't there some kind of law that says something about how a woman can only be strip searched by female officers? If there isn't, there should be. and SIX hours? That's awful.

Rohirrim
06-22-2008, 03:32 PM
This started back in the 70s when we allowed police forces to get militarized. Big mistake. Hell, just look at the haircuts on these guys. What do they think they are, special forces? Delta Force? No wonder they get an "us and them" mentality. Everything they are taught and everything they do, hell their entire persona, leads them to this kind of abuse of citizens. These kinds of police abuse cases have become epidemic.

Tombstone RJ
06-22-2008, 03:34 PM
Gotta agree 100% there. Isn't there some kind of law that says something about how a woman can only be strip searched by female officers? If there isn't, there should be. and SIX hours? That's awful.

She was stripped searched by women.

I don't understand why people are trying to defend, what is in my opionion, defensless behavior.

Did the system take it too far, perhaps. But she'll not get any sympathy from me.

Rohirrim
06-22-2008, 03:37 PM

I haven't chosen police work as my profession. If I had, I would expect to deal with this kind of case every single day, day in and day out. It's why every jail in the country has a drunk tank. Put 'em in it and wait til they cool down. Answer this one simple question, why did the arresting officers turn off their dash cams when they arrived at the disturbance?

BroncoBuff
06-22-2008, 03:38 PM
I couldda sworn I posted in this thread ... are posts disappearing here?

After those NYC cops got off after spraying 40+ bullets into the newlyweds' limousine, nothing shocks me anymore. Civilian control over law enforcement should be strengthened in every city.

BABronco
06-22-2008, 03:38 PM

I don't understand why people are trying to defend, what is in my opionion, defensless behavior.

Did the system take it too far, perhaps. But she'll not get any sympathy from me.

Take a look at the video again! How many men can you count? Can you count? Are you a dumbass? Everyone in the rooms deserves time behind bars.

BABronco
06-22-2008, 03:39 PM
made another thread in the main forum ... please post there mod please merge

Tombstone RJ
06-22-2008, 03:40 PM
This started back in the 70s when we allowed police forces to get militarized. Big mistake. Hell, just look at the haircuts on these guys. What do they think they are, special forces? Delta Force? No wonder they get an "us and them" mentality. Everything they are taught and everything they do, hell their entire persona, leads them to this kind of abuse of citizens. These kinds of police abuse cases have become epidemic.

Fact is, alot of police departments are simply reacting to our very violent society.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/101020/hollywood_bank_of_america_robbery/

BABronco
06-22-2008, 03:41 PM
Fact is, alot of police departments are simply reacting to our very violent society.

Fact is over violent cops are causing a lot of hatred towards all cops and are thus making a decent cops job that much harder.

JCMElway
06-22-2008, 03:42 PM
I agree she should not have resisted arrest, but that PD or sherriff's department is in trouble. Having males present during the strip search, cameras turned off, missing video footage, and keeping her nude for 6 hours is going to cost that state a lot of $.

Fedaykin
06-22-2008, 03:42 PM
They will probably try to justify it (as all police who abuse their power do) because she "resisted arrest". This little loophole is the most abused concept of law in these types of situations. Basically, if you do *anything* other that allow yourself to be assaulted (and lets not kid ourselves, this woman was physically and sexually assaulted by these officers) you'll be charged with "resisting arrest".

It also demonstrates a great deal of hubris to commit the crime of false arrest and then charge that person with resisting that arrest (most likely done so they could demonstrate that they felt they were acting lawfully).

Tombstone RJ
06-22-2008, 03:44 PM
Fact is over violent cops are causing a lot of hatred towards all cops and are thus making a decent cops job that much harder.

That's one theory, sure.

I don't condone police brutality, at all. However, I don't sympathize with the woman in that video.

Fedaykin
06-22-2008, 03:44 PM
I was not mistreated, I was embarrased as hell, but not mistreated.

Were you physically and sexually assaulted by the police that arrested you, after calling them for help?

BroncosinDC
06-22-2008, 03:46 PM
The police in general do a good job of controlling situations, and those that I know are all stand up good people that spend their lives doing the best they can to keep us all safe. For whatever reason they stripped her but surely did not think what they were doing was especially out of line/that is what their SOP is, or they have been improperly trained...otherwise they wouldn't video tape the thing. As someone who has done some shady things in my day I don't video tape those acts. Prime example they don't have cameras in Gitmo.

What they should have done is obvious. Not strip a woman with male officers present, for whatever reason they did. I'm sure the official statement will say she was exceptionally disorderly and for her safety and officers safety she was searched with male officers as their was a lack of female officers (and they need more money to hire new ones).

What actually happened who the hell knows, I do know that if someone was trying to rob me, rape someone I love, etc those officers would risk their lives to help me out. They were out of line but until you hear from the people making the decisions on the spot you cannot objectively assess the situation. She could have made statements about harming an officer with a hidden weapon....or they could have just been messing with her. No one here knows.

All I know from experience is when I dial 911 because my life may be in jeopardy an officer puts their life on the line to help me.

Ratboy
06-22-2008, 03:47 PM
You're right. Any woman who cries when she is being humiliated and abused should get the **** slapped out of her. Fuggin troglodyte. I just hope you don't have kids.

Where was she slapped? In the video that I watched I didn't see anyone being slapped. Do you have the other video tapes?

Maybe i missed it.

Tombstone RJ
06-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Were you physically and sexually assaulted by the police that arrested you, after calling them for help?

Nope, but I cooperated with everything they asked me to do. I tried to be as polite as possible.

Listen, I just wanted to get the hell out of there, just like that woman. However, I knew that the only way I was going to expedite my release, was to cooperate, cooperate, cooperate.

cutthemdown
06-22-2008, 03:52 PM

The only thing that can be done. Better training, better screening of officers. Injunctions against gangs to try and clean up the streets. Also cops that show a propensity for violence should be told to find a new line of work.

BABronco
06-22-2008, 03:54 PM
Where was she slapped? In the video that I watched I didn't see anyone being slapped. Do you have the other video tapes?

Maybe i missed it.

1:00-1:30

Florida_Bronco
06-22-2008, 03:55 PM

That's a totally different situation and you know it Roh. Come on, you are a logical person, use your head.

Wow, talk about a completely illogical post. Not only is your nazi remark extremely uncalled for, I personally didn't see any of the guards "enjoying" what they were doing, unlike the police officer in the 2nd video.

Why was the guard filming on her own? No clue.

And where did I defend their actions?

TexanBob
06-22-2008, 03:56 PM
Ultimately, which is more humiliating for a woman - getting strip-searched by a group of men and women officers, one videotaping the whole thing - or having that videotape aired on your local tv station?

Only a handful of people would have known of her humiliation if her husband hadn't gone running off to the news media. Now, it's known all over town.

Dr. Broncenstein
06-22-2008, 03:57 PM
The police in general do a good job of controlling situations, and those that I know are all stand up good people that spend their lives doing the best they can to keep us all safe. For whatever reason they stripped her but surely did not think what they were doing was especially out of line/that is what their SOP is, or they have been improperly trained...otherwise they wouldn't video tape the thing. As someone who has done some shady things in my day I don't video tape those acts. Prime example they don't have cameras in Gitmo.

What they should have done is obvious. Not strip a woman with male officers present, for whatever reason they did. I'm sure the official statement will say she was exceptionally disorderly and for her safety and officers safety she was searched with male officers as their was a lack of female officers (and they need more money to hire new ones).

What actually happened who the hell knows, I do know that if someone was trying to rob me, rape someone I love, etc those officers would risk their lives to help me out. They were out of line but until you hear from the people making the decisions on the spot you cannot objectively assess the situation. She could have made statements about harming an officer with a hidden weapon....or they could have just been messing with her. No one here knows.

All I know from experience is when I dial 911 because my life may be in jeopardy an officer puts their life on the line to help me.

Dialing 911 in these parts just means that someone will eventually swing by to interview and file paperwork. Protection is only as good as your ability to provide it. Hooray for concealed carry laws. "To self-serve and collect revenue" is the motto I think...

Florida_Bronco
06-22-2008, 03:57 PM
Ummmm, you must be ignoring the fact that it was the field officers "conveniently" had their dash cams shut off when the alleged physical abuse against the woman began. What happened in the station was only part two. The police officers obviously screwed the pooch here as well, as was made clear in the first minute of the report before they even began the "strip search" portion.

I'm not sure how they do it in Washington, but down here the officers have NO control over their dash cams. The devices and contained in a locked box in the trunk of the cruiser and the officer does not have access to this box.

Ratboy
06-22-2008, 04:01 PM
1:00-1:30

There is ZERO footage of her being slapped.

He said, she said.

I see where you are coming from on her being strip searched with men in the room.

There were 2 women and 2 men, from what i can see.

http://www.wkyc.com/genthumb.ashx?e=3&h=240&w=320&i=/assetpool/images/08131173313_stripsearchweb5.jpg

What are the laws with being strip searched? I know only the same gender is allowed to it, but can the opposite gender allowed to be in room?

Dr. Broncenstein
06-22-2008, 04:02 PM
I'm not sure how they do it in Washington, but down here the officers have NO control over their dash cams. The devices and contained in a locked box in the trunk of the cruiser and the officer does not have access to this box.

Riiiiiight.... tamper proof. Surely nobody will ever get around that.

The way technology is today, you would think that people could wear continuous audio/video reording devices that store onto a flash card... maybe loops every other day or something along those lines. That's probably where we're headed anyway...

Rohirrim

I noticed you haven't even asked yourself the simplest questions. Why was she strip searched? From this report, it's clear she was in some kind of physical altercation. What led the officers to suspect she had secreted contraband in her orifices (the only legitimate reason for a strip search)? Why are men present when a female is being strip searched totally against policy? Once she was strip searched, why was she left naked in a cell for six hours? Why were so many officers (I count eight in the hallway) involved? She doesn't look very big. Looks to me like the two women officers could have handled her well enough.

Your position seems to be that you have judged this woman to be unlikable and therefore she deserves whatever abuse she gets from the authorities. We all have a duty, as Americans, to stand up against the abuse of authority.

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.
When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.
When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.
When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.
When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.
Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984)

Florida_Bronco
I'm very close to the border of Summit County and Stark County - right down the road in Canton. Wow.

Not sure who mentioned detention deputy and a difference between a ''real'' cop but that couldn't be further from the truth, at least around here.

I have friends that are Summit County deputies as well and Stark County Sheriffs - they alternate between covering the jail and street patrol. No difference, they're all deputy sheriffs.

If that is the case, it's vastly different from down here. In every area I've been to, the jails and detention deputies are completely seperate from road patrol. This is especially true in the counties surrounding me as the jails and road patrol do not even share a chain of command until you get up to the Chief Deputies.

But again, that is how its done here so it may be different up there.

By violating their own policy i'm not sure how those male cops shouldn't be charged with a sex crime - that's very close to attempted rape in my opinion. Imagine if that were YOUR wife being treated/violated/molested in that manner and then finding out that it was an error that she was even put into that predicament.

I really hope the victims end up with an assload of cash and several of those ***** lose their jobs.

I think it's pretty safe to say that no one will be getting charged with a sex crime, although it'll be interesting to see how the Sheriff answers for this.

Florida_Bronco
06-22-2008, 04:06 PM
It's okay, roll over and take it in the @$$. Then after all of it is over say something to someone higher up. Whatever you do don't stand up for yourself. I don't see how there could be an argument about this, however still knew there would be with FB. Way to go man ... back those pigs!!! Cops are always right civilians are worthless useless ****s!

Again, it's better to defuse the situation and prevent further abuse then it is to escalate the situation further.

And where am I defending them? Did you go to the Wolf/Telluride school of logic?

Florida_Bronco
06-22-2008, 04:09 PM

Good post.

One of these jail guards should have taken the lead and tried to calm this woman down before continuing the strip search. That did not happen, at least not on the video.

Fedaykin
06-22-2008, 04:11 PM
The police in general do a good job of controlling situations, and those that I know are all stand up good people that spend their lives doing the best they can to keep us all safe.

For sure, most cops are decent people who are just trying to do some good.

She could have made statements about harming an officer with a hidden weapon....or they could have just been messing with her. No one here knows.

They deny it was a strip search, so they can't now claim she was in need of one without demonstrating their dishonesty.

Florida_Bronco
06-22-2008, 04:11 PM
Riiiiiight.... tamper proof. Surely nobody will ever get around that.

It's basically a fireproof lockbox. If you could find a way to get around that and do it without leaving any evidence of being tampered with, more power to you I guess.

BABronco
06-22-2008, 04:13 PM
Again, it's better to defuse the situation and prevent further abuse then it is to escalate the situation further.

And where am I defending them? Did you go to the Wolf/Telluride school of logic?

Better to defuse the situation by stripping a seemingly innocent women with men in the room and leaving her in there for 6 hours naked. Nothing wrong here, just protocol right?

Seems like the best way to defuse the situation was for the lady to get put into a cell and left until calm. But whatever.

Florida_Bronco
06-22-2008, 04:14 PM
They have video of a woman sheriff deputy . dumping a guy out of a wheel chair cause she thought he was faking ........ Yeah B.A. you and me have something in common , if that was my wife , being treated that way , the deputy never makes out of my property under power .. I have punch a cop once before , it cost more then I had ever imagined , but I would do it again ....

Again, that was a jail guard not a police officer. And with my dad being in a wheelchair for the last few years of his life I was extremely upset about that incident.

However, that woman was fired AND charged for her actions. She was held accountable.

Rohirrim
06-22-2008, 04:14 PM
Better to defuse the situation by stripping a seemingly innocent women with men in the room and leaving her in there for 6 hours naked. Nothing wrong here, just protocol right?

Seems like the best way to defuse the situation was for the lady to get put into a cell and left until calm. But whatever.

Yeah, but where's the fun in that?

Florida_Bronco
06-22-2008, 04:15 PM
I haven't chosen police work as my profession. If I had, I would expect to deal with this kind of case every single day, day in and day out. It's why every jail in the country has a drunk tank. Put 'em in it and wait til they cool down. Answer this one simple question, why did the arresting officers turn off their dash cams when they arrived at the disturbance?

Like I posted in the other thread, the officers have NO control over their dash cams assuming that they use the same system we do down here (which is a safe bet IMO).

Dr. Broncenstein
06-22-2008, 04:16 PM

I can hardly believe they didn't taze her, bro...

Florida_Bronco
06-22-2008, 04:17 PM
After those NYC cops got off after spraying 40+ bullets into the newlyweds' limousine, nothing shocks me anymore. Civilian control over law enforcement should be strengthened in every city.

We already had a thread on that BB, but those officers had reason to fear for their lives after the driver rammed a police vehicle with their car. Those 40+ shots were from 5 cops if I recall correctly.

Fedaykin
06-22-2008, 04:20 PM
Nope, but I cooperated with everything they asked me to do. I tried to be as polite as possible.

Listen, I just wanted to get the hell out of there, just like that woman. However, I knew that the only way I was going to expedite my release, was to cooperate, cooperate, cooperate.

Rational thought is good policy, but very difficult to do when you've entered the well known state of flight or fight. I can almost guarantee that if you were being physically assaulted by police without understanding *why* that was happening, you would not be so calm.

Florida_Bronco

You're not getting it are you?

My saying that you should cooperate even when being abused to defuse the situation is NOT a defense of what happened here.

Again, did you go to the Wolf/Telluride school of logic?

BABronco
I can hardly believe they didn't taze her, bro...

They should have... thats even better than my original idea. Taze her till she was unconscious then they could have just pulled her clothes off with ease.

You would make a mighty fine officer! :thumbsup:

BABronco
06-22-2008, 04:23 PM
You're not getting it are you?

My saying that you should cooperate even when being abused to defuse the situation is NOT a defense of what happened here.

Again, did you go to the Wolf/Telluride school of logic?

Being abused and stripped by an authority and attempting to remain calm and rationalize. Right? And right after just getting beaten. It was their job to defuse the situation and instead they escalated it.

Florida_Bronco
06-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Being abused and stripped by an authority and attempting to remain calm and rationalize. Right?

I know it's easier said than done, but there isn't really any other way. If you put up a bigger fight, they will use more force.

And right after just getting beaten. It was their job to defuse the situation and instead they escalated it.

No argument there, and I think I've made it pretty clear that I agree.

DarkHorse
06-22-2008, 04:27 PM

Even tho she was the victim from the very beginning? You realize SHE phoned 911 for assistance from the police and this is how they helped?

I have no idea what happened in between but the video of the molestation by MALE officers on a FEMALE prisoner are illegal in this area - they violated their own policy. Not only that, they removed her clothing by force.

Next chick that walks by your house, run out and remove her clothes against her will and lets see if you get a charge of attempted rape or sexual assault. Just because they have badges on does not give them the right to do just that. Again, it's against the law for a male officer to strip search (Is that what that was???) a female prisoner in these counties.

Dr. Broncenstein
06-22-2008, 04:27 PM
They should have... thats even better than my original idea. Taze her till she was unconscious then they could have just pulled her clothes off with ease.

You would make a mighty fine officer! :thumbsup:

Actually, I would probably be kicked off the force. I'd pull over and ticket every douchebag who was not actively passing in the left lane. I'd take every phone away that I saw someone yapping into while driving and smash it to pieces. A DUI stop would consist of me taking the keys and slashing the tires, and making the guy jog home while singing the alphabet song backwards.

Ratboy
06-22-2008, 04:29 PM
Actually, I would probably be kicked off the force. I'd pull over and ticket every douchebag who was not actively passing in the left lane. I'd take every phone away that I saw someone yapping into while driving and smash it to pieces. A DUI stop would consist of me taking the keys and slashing the tires, and making the guy jog home while singing the alphabet song backwards.

Why did you become a Doctor? You make a great Cop!

Florida_Bronco
06-22-2008, 04:30 PM
Even tho she was the victim from the very beginning? You realize SHE phoned 911 for assistance from the police and this is how they helped? I'd like to know why she was the one taken to jail too. Was the other woman arrested as well? What happened at the crime scene?

I have no idea what happened in between but the video of the molestation by MALE officers on a FEMALE prisoner are illegal in this area - they violated their own policy. Not only that, they removed her clothing by force.

Next chick that walks by your house, run out and remove her clothes against her will and lets see if you get a charge of attempted rape or sexual assault. Just because they have badges on does not give them the right to do just that. Again, it's against the law for a male officer to strip search (Is that what that was???) a female prisoner in these counties.

Is it illegal or against department policy? Theres another big difference that will play into the outcome of this case.

Dr. Broncenstein
06-22-2008, 04:31 PM
Why did you become a Doctor? You make a great Cop!

I wasn't dumb enough

BABronco
06-22-2008, 04:33 PM
Remember the guy who had 40 bullets put into him for ramming a squad car? Wonder if this guy had 40 put in him for this.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DLTos7N4gSM&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DLTos7N4gSM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"its ok to abuse as long as we are the ones doing the abusing"

Florida_Bronco
06-22-2008, 04:36 PM
Remember the guy who had 40 bullets put into him for ramming a squad car? Wonder if this guy had 40 put in him for this.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DLTos7N4gSM&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DLTos7N4gSM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ouch.

Spider
06-22-2008, 04:40 PM
these asswipes shouldnt even be guarding an empty building ........ as for the dickheads defending this **** and slammin the woman ......... Kiss my big redneck ass , if that was my wife , me and those 2 deputies would be havin a pow wow ........

BABronco
06-22-2008, 04:43 PM

Btw, love where the ahole but his knee on this one.

cutthemdown
06-22-2008, 04:45 PM
It's basically a fireproof lockbox. If you could find a way to get around that and do it without leaving any evidence of being tampered with, more power to you I guess.

maybe a really large magnet?

Jason7730
06-22-2008, 04:45 PM
these asswipes shouldnt even be guarding an empty building ........ as for the dickheads defending this **** and slammin the woman ......... Kiss my big redneck ass , if that was my wife , me and those 2 deputies would be havin a pow wow ........

I concur!

cutthemdown
06-22-2008, 04:46 PM

don't run from the police.

BABronco
06-22-2008, 04:52 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aFUpa0OwlyU&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aFUpa0OwlyU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>\

Note to self: Do not skateboard

BABronco
06-22-2008, 04:54 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ypNGVMdi_lM&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ypNGVMdi_lM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Note to self again: Do not skate board

Florida_Bronco
06-22-2008, 04:58 PM
maybe a really large magnet?

I doubt that would work through a firesafe box, and even then the suspicion of tampering would be on the officer.

BABronco
06-22-2008, 05:00 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MPseyY0Vg0E&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MPseyY0Vg0E&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Note to self: Have a cop pay someone else when paying for services.

kmonty
06-22-2008, 05:05 PM
That's the most disturbing thing I've seen in a long time. I have no idea how you can watch that thing, and the first thing that comes to your mind is "She's crying too much." Geez.

I'm a very non-violent type of guy, but if a cop were doing that to my wife I also wouldn't be just "trying to cooperate." Are you kidding me?

Dr. Broncenstein
06-22-2008, 05:07 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MPseyY0Vg0E&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MPseyY0Vg0E&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Well if that doesn't just sum it all up right there....

Douchebag overzelous asshole with authority and a badge.. caught on video with absolutely no defense... "cleared of all wrongdoing"...

BABronco
06-22-2008, 05:13 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aMAEVgRWq6s&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aMAEVgRWq6s&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Kinda curious where the sign was and the actual speed limit on this one.

BABronco
06-22-2008, 05:16 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sYbxybHToZw&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sYbxybHToZw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Spider
06-22-2008, 05:17 PM

It is **** like this that will cause a civil uprising .........

Ratboy
06-22-2008, 05:18 PM

Hopefully she took the 60k and went to college.

BABronco
06-22-2008, 05:20 PM
Hopefully she took the 60k and went to college.

hopefully she hired the pig an accountant who could take care of his money.

BABronco
06-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Now this one is just freaking hilarious. Had to post a funny one.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7gXqjRBYG-8&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7gXqjRBYG-8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Fedaykin
06-22-2008, 05:31 PM

All they had to do was count down the drawer.. 5 mins tops and it would have cleared up the whole mess.

BABronco
06-22-2008, 05:33 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lB_Hl4bcQNc&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lB_Hl4bcQNc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BABronco
06-22-2008, 05:36 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZZQZKHB7bUQ&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZZQZKHB7bUQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Willynowei
06-22-2008, 05:36 PM
The issue is not cops being dumb, the issue is cops being power hungry assholes.

When the **** do you see cops going out of their way to "help" the community? When the **** do they do anything good for society? In this country cops make me sick. They sit around waiting for a chance to abuse their power.

For every good cop I see who seems passionate about helping people I see 4 or 5 lazy ****s who just want to kick the **** out of someone for crossing them the wrong way. Boys in blue are just a big gang of goons.

BABronco
06-22-2008, 05:47 PM
The issue is not cops being dumb, the issue is cops being power hungry a-holes.

When the **** do you see cops going out of their way to "help" the community? When the **** do they do anything good for society? In this country cops make me sick. They sit around waiting for a chance to abuse their power.

For every good cop I see who seems passionate about helping people I see 4 or 5 lazy ****s who just want to kick the **** out of someone for crossing them the wrong way. Boys in blue are just a big gang of goons.

I think it might be both....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uOVku86WfVg&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uOVku86WfVg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BABronco
06-22-2008, 05:50 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KWaCD6jIH5Q&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KWaCD6jIH5Q&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Florida_Bronco
06-22-2008, 05:56 PM

Wow. That's all I can say. :oyvey:

BABronco
06-22-2008, 06:00 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G63FEamhpA0&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G63FEamhpA0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Willynowei
06-22-2008, 06:26 PM
Wow. That's all I can say. :oyvey:

Lets be honest, you grab a group of 10 cops, take a look at their childhood history, guarantee you that that atleast 8 of them are either mistreated or social outcasts early in their life.

lack of self respect, poor self-confidence and they have this attitude that the only way to get respect is to take up the badge and demand it. When all they get is a bunch of fearful citizens who are scared ****less at the sight of anyone in blue.

The key is to stroke the ego of the self-obsessed a-holes early and often, and even when they treat you like ****, just understand there's nothing you can do about it.

Because criminals in blue are called "officers" and they are always "right"... ****in scumbags. 99% of the time police cause society more fear than the criminals they were created to stop.

Two professions I have no respect for - Cops and Telemarketers.

Spider
06-22-2008, 06:40 PM
Good News . a Bus load of cops went off the side of a cliff .......
Bad news ... there was room for one more

TheReverend
06-22-2008, 06:46 PM

You get what ya pay for!

Btw, I can't imagine a greater thread in this sober Watermock era.

Killericon
06-22-2008, 06:55 PM
These ***** are so far out of line, that its a sad commentary that there's even debate on this issue.

My thoughts exactly. Everyone who's saying "No sympathy" or "she was crying like a baby"...If what the Husband was saying is true, they were forcibly removing her clothes without asking her to do so willingly. She was abused and, to an extent, beaten. It was a couple steps away from Rape. She was a traumatized victim. **** firing, these guys should be imprisoned.

Popps
06-22-2008, 06:59 PM
Because criminals in blue are called "officers" and they are always "right"... ****in scumbags. 99% of the time .

Wow... I'm 100% on board with prosecuting any counts of police abuse and absolutely agree that it's going to be an inherent in any law enforcement system set up and run by human beings.

That said, there's some pretty juvenile **** being tossed around here.

"99% of cops are scumbags?"

Tell you what, Willy. Why don't you sign up and show them how it's done? I'll take you down to South Central Los Angeles and you can show those cops down there how it's done. Or, I'll take you to North St. Louis and you can strut your stuff. I'm sure you could handle yourself.

I hear an awful lot of tough-guys here calling out the cops. Why not sign up?
Keeping societal order and protecting innocent people is an honorable job... no different than teaching or putting out fires.

Now, before any lame-brains try to say I'm defending these bad cops, save your brain cells. I'm not. They need to be dealt with as decidedly as the law allows.

But, to luxuriate in this intellectually lazy "all cops are evil" stuff is straight out of the 8th grade punk-rocker manual. Like most things in life, it's far from a black/white issue.

Hey Willy... who you going to call down there in the hood when you're getting your ass beat? Your buddies down at the coffee shop or the police?

Thought so.

BABronco
06-22-2008, 07:11 PM
Wow... I'm 100% on board with prosecuting any counts of police abuse and absolutely agree that it's going to be an inherent in any law enforcement system set up and run by human beings.

Tell you what, Willy. Why don't you sign up and show them how it's done? I'll take you down to South Central Los Angeles and you can show those cops down there how it's done. Or, I'll take you to North St. Louis and you can strut your stuff. I'm sure you could handle yourself.

Keeping societal order and protecting innocent people is an honorable job... no different than teaching or putting out fires.

I'm pretty sure he was exaggerating. I'd say out of 10 cops you have 2 aholes 3 lazy ones and 5 decent ones. But you see and hear a lot more about the two aholes than you do the other 8. Just guessing, but I'm sure those 8 fall in line more with their blues in blue.

enjolras
06-22-2008, 07:12 PM

Nope.. and that's why I'm not a cop or a prison guard. Doesn't make them any more right.. If I don't like the way someone is behaving should I have the right to just bust out the taser?

24champ
06-22-2008, 07:14 PM
Is this you in the SUV BA Bronco?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3tjTw2fZlhE&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3tjTw2fZlhE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BABronco
06-22-2008, 07:18 PM
Is this you in the SUV BA Bronco?

nope. then id be stoopin to the level of the cops in the videos shown. my aunts actually a cop up in colorado.

btw video kept freezin up. am i the only one this happened to?

BABronco
06-22-2008, 07:20 PM
btw.. dont think ive posted any videos of violence on cops ... just violence by cops

Willynowei
06-22-2008, 07:29 PM

Now, before any lame-brains try to say I'm defending these bad cops, save your brain cells. I'm not. They need to be dealt with as decidedly as the law allows.

But, to luxuriate in this intellectually lazy "all cops are evil" stuff is straight out of the 8th grade punk-rocker manual. Like most things in life, it's far from a black/white issue.

Hey Willy... who you going to call down there in the hood when you're getting your ass beat? Your buddies down at the coffee shop or the police?

Thought so.

No, I ain't doing that for $55,000 a year. And no one would except the exceptionally brave and a bunch of abusive a-holes that wouldn't find work elsewhere anyways. I'm telling you that bad cops get their way whenever they want, b/c they have this immunity badge that lets them do anything they want and 99% of cops would never stop their partner from doing something abusive. B/c in the acadmey they teach you some brotherhood bull**** like this is the army and the nazis are outside the station walls.

Victims can sometimes claim rewards off this BS, but you never see these cops get punished. how often do they get jailed? Never. Because its easy for a cop to make up some bull**** and be off the hook.

You can get away with absolutely anything. And for your information I've lived in Corona, Harlem and plenty of other NYC slums. I can tell you for a fact, if your ass is beat? Your ass is beat!

Cops have never saved my life or anyone I know, and they've never stopped anyone from robbing anyone in the areas I lived in. They were always too late.

Lets get something straight about cops, they don't prevent crime, they punish the criminal. They live to strike fear into us, their job is centered around force, not mediation.

Cops don't help people, they hurt people. Why don't you go to the areas that "need police enforcement" the most and see if the neighborhood is grateful to its police force? No one likes cops and cops don't like anyone. They are the scum of society, they are just another gang - in blue.
**** them, ****in scumbags.

24champ
06-22-2008, 07:33 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself...

Los Broncos
06-22-2008, 07:38 PM
Now this one is just freaking hilarious. Had to post a funny one.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7gXqjRBYG-8&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7gXqjRBYG-8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BABronco
06-22-2008, 07:40 PM

finally someone saw that one... 8')

Willynowei
06-22-2008, 07:40 PM
Always funny that people who defend cops either have family members who are cops or, they live in well off neighborhoods where cops don't have anyone to really arrest and they also don't need to ticket a lot because the town treasury is overflowing with cash.

I've been in both good and bad towns, and any area where cops are around the most, EVERYONE HATES COPS.

Spider
06-22-2008, 07:41 PM

Thought so.I dont know about that dude .. I have been to Compton , East LA ( well Alemeda ave and I -5) , Hunts point in the Bronxs , 144th and Broadway in Harlem , Hells Kitchen , etc , Dunes in Gary Indiana , Chicago , A place I called little Cuba in Fla ( that place was rough ) I have been jumped in Hunts point , and J.C.T. in Jersey City ( aka Rubes) ....... Didnt see anyone saving anyones ass in those areas , much less a Cruiser patroling ......

Willynowei
06-22-2008, 07:56 PM

Oh and I just wanted to add, Popps, that after the millionth argument we've had on this board, I can now concretely conclude that either you retaliate in posts without fully reading what other people have to say, or you purposefully manipulate what other people post to get your way.

if I say that 99% of the time cops cause society more harm than the people they try to stop, that does not mean you can quote the second half of one sentence, add in the first half of the next and then lie - that i said "99% of cops are scumbags". No, I did not say 99% of cops are scumbags, but if you purposefully screwed with my post, then you're a scumbag.

Do that again, and you're on my ignore list and you'll be able to misrepresent me all you want.

wolf754life
06-22-2008, 08:07 PM
ohhh no, not the ignore button, run!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Willynowei
06-22-2008, 08:22 PM

Aren't you the troll that pretends to be a broncos fan while you hammer away at how terrible you think this team is going to be?

That was an almost successful attempt at a funny post. You'll get there though, just grow a few braincells and use a slightly more original tact than sarcasm. But whatelse can you expect from a brain dead troll.

Spider
06-22-2008, 08:48 PM

Pssssssst .... there was a postive piece on Cutler looking good ..............If you hurry you can nip this in the bud before us homers get to excited

Popps
06-22-2008, 08:50 PM
Always funny that people who defend cops either have family members who are cops.

Wrong and wrong. No family members and I've lived in areas you and your Starbucks friends would be afraid to walk through.

Beyond that, I didn't "defend" anyone.

I simply shed a bit of logic on your little Jr. High tantrum.

Popps
06-22-2008, 08:51 PM
Oh and I just wanted to add, Popps, that after the millionth argument we've had on this board, I can now concretely conclude that either you retaliate in posts without fully reading what other people have to say, or you purposefully manipulate what other people post to get your way.

Hey s#it-hole, I QUOTED you.

Q U O T E D.

I used YOUR words.

If you're ashamed of your words after you type them, maybe you shouldn't have typed them.

Popps
06-22-2008, 08:56 PM
I dont know about that dude .. I have been to Compton , East LA ( well Alemeda ave and I -5) , Hunts point in the Bronxs , 144th and Broadway in Harlem , Hells Kitchen , etc , Dunes in Gary Indiana , Chicago , A place I called little Cuba in Fla ( that place was rough ) I have been jumped in Hunts point , and J.C.T. in Jersey City ( aka Rubes) ....... Didnt see anyone saving anyones ass in those areas , much less a Cruiser patroling ......

You don't see "cruisers" in Burbank, either unless they're looking for speeders or jay-walkers. That's reality. We don't have enough of these "criminals in blue" to have them on foot, patrolling neighborhoods like back in the day.

Cops are understaffed and overworked, just like teachers and most other public service workers.. not to mention underpaid, for the most part.

Again, don't confuse this for condoning bad cops. I've dealt with bad cops at gunpoint here in LA. (A group of us were mistaken for "gangsters," if you can believe that.) So, I've dealt with good and bad.

My point remains that there's a lot of gray in this argument, not just black or white.

wolf754life
06-22-2008, 10:25 PM
cops > shannahan

Spider
06-22-2008, 10:44 PM
You don't see "cruisers" in Burbank, either unless they're looking for speeders or jay-walkers. That's reality. We don't have enough of these "criminals in blue" to have them on foot, patrolling neighborhoods like back in the day.

Cops are understaffed and overworked, just like teachers and most other public service workers.. not to mention underpaid, for the most part.

Again, don't confuse this for condoning bad cops. I've dealt with bad cops at gunpoint here in LA. (A group of us were mistaken for "gangsters," if you can believe that.) So, I've dealt with good and bad.

My point remains that there's a lot of gray in this argument, not just black or white.

I didnt claim you was sticking up for the bad ones , I know you wasnt , you made it clear the bad ones should be dealt with ........ all I am pointing is , they are not the knights in shinning armour we want them to be ...Willy is right , in the hood if your ass is tagged , your tagged nothing will change that ......

JCMElway
06-22-2008, 11:11 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aFUpa0OwlyU&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aFUpa0OwlyU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>\

Note to self: Do not skateboard

Wow. That cop is an absolute waste of flesh. The motto is to protect and serve, not be a complete Ahole for little to no reason.

Popps
06-23-2008, 12:31 AM
they are not the knights in shinning armour we want them to be ...

No question. They're human beings. Just like teachers, politicians and football players. Some good, some bad.

...Willy is right , in the hood if your ass is tagged , your tagged nothing will change that ......

Willy speaks lazy half-truths. I have no doubt that police in the hood abuse their powers. I also have no doubt that people rarely want to hear the police's side of the story about the hood. We expect them to go into highly violent, dangerous situations where guys trying to kill them.... and act like complete saints.

Again, it's a deep topic muddled with multiple layers of human psyche. To play it off as "all cops are criminal" is something we all should have grown out of by the 8th grade.

OBF1
06-23-2008, 02:19 AM
Once she started screaming like that, they shoud have broke out the tazers and let justice work threw 50,000 volts.

ZachKC
06-23-2008, 02:35 AM

Q U O T E D.

I used YOUR words.

If you're ashamed of your words after you type them, maybe you shouldn't have typed them.

Woops. ROFL!

BroncosinDC
06-23-2008, 05:40 AM
Dialing 911 in these parts just means that someone will eventually swing by to interview and file paperwork. Protection is only as good as your ability to provide it. Hooray for concealed carry laws. "To self-serve and collect revenue" is the motto I think...

I live in Washington, DC. I have had my arm around the President of the United States while carrying an M-4, and and an M-9. I have an active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmentalized Information Category Two security clearance. I cannot possess a firearm in the District of Columbia. I was once assaulted by someone with a liquor bottle to the head walking home. I fell to the ground and beat the man off of me.

As soon as the guy ran away I was on the phone with 911, and the suspect was caught and convicted of battery and attempted robbery.

And to respond to other posters...I live within 3 blocks of 2 housing projects. Potomac Gardens, and Hopkins. I do also have many friends who are cops...none of which were working my area during my incident.

We just don't know everything that happened that night. So all thoughts are irrelevant until we all have all the info available. The cops could have effed up. They could have not....it looks like they did, but they could have been doing what at the time seemed the best.

BroncosinDC
06-23-2008, 05:51 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ypNGVMdi_lM&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ypNGVMdi_lM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Note to self again: Do not skate board

Good work Officer. If the kids parents wont teach them some respect you need to scare them straight. Good work Sir.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-23-2008, 07:22 AM
Good work Officer. If the kids parents wont teach them some respect you need to scare them straight. Good work Sir.

The way that cop handled himself was totally inappropriate.

He sounds like he needs some serious anger management counseling.

Some of the content of his message was appropriate enough, e.g. his statements about respect for the law, etc., but the way he came totally unglued on those kids was unacceptable.

He gave the impression that he was venting all of the accumulated anger and frustration of his job on those kids - the amount of rage was totally disproportionate to the situation.

He was overbearing, bullying, and threatening.

That was abusive - plain and simple (we're talking about 14 year old kids here.)

TheReverend
06-23-2008, 07:31 AM
I live in Washington, DC. I have had my arm around the President of the United States while carrying an M-4, and and an M-9. I have an active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmentalized Information Category Two security clearance. I cannot possess a firearm in the District of Columbia. I was once assaulted by someone with a liquor bottle to the head walking home. I fell to the ground and beat the man off of me.

As soon as the guy ran away I was on the phone with 911, and the suspect was caught and convicted of battery and attempted robbery.

And to respond to other posters...I live within 3 blocks of 2 housing projects. Potomac Gardens, and Hopkins. I do also have many friends who are cops...none of which were working my area during my incident.

We just don't know everything that happened that night. So all thoughts are irrelevant until we all have all the info available. The cops could have effed up. They could have not....it looks like they did, but they could have been doing what at the time seemed the best.

In summary: One night, on the streets of DC, you beat a guy off.

Or did I miss something?

alkemical
06-23-2008, 07:35 AM
I couldda sworn I posted in this thread ... are posts disappearing here?

Ya, i have no trust for cops after a few incidents i went through. F'em. (And i have relatives that are cops).

alkemical
06-23-2008, 07:38 AM

You mean bonnie and clyde, or the gangs of the prohibition era weren't as violent as things today?

Fact is, the gov't wants militarization of the police forces. The gov't doesn't trust the people, hence all the snooping and jack-booted-thuggery.

alkemical
06-23-2008, 07:42 AM

http://www.unknownnews.net/#cops-box

Cops you won't see on TV

alkemical
06-23-2008, 08:09 AM

Well, this isn't torture - remember. This is how we do it in Iraq's prisons too

TailgateNut
06-23-2008, 08:35 AM
Not good at all.

Who would have expected anything less than an excuse and rationalization from you.

Scum!

.......if being treated unfairly by law enforcement (Scum w/ a badge),........don't make any commotion...

are you f-in kidding?

alkemical
06-23-2008, 08:43 AM
Under a government which imprisons any unjustly, the true place for a just man is also a prison.
Henry David Thoreau

TheReverend
06-23-2008, 09:21 AM
Under a government which imprisons any unjustly, the true place for a just man is also a prison.
Henry David Thoreau

He who gives up a little liberty to gain a little security, shall deserve neither, and lose both.
Ben Franklin>Thoreau

alkemical
06-23-2008, 09:31 AM
He who gives up a little liberty to gain a little security, shall deserve neither, and lose both.
Ben Franklin>Thoreau

There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root, and it may be that he who bestows the largest amount of time and money on the needy is doing the most by his mode of life to produce that misery which he strives in vain to relieve.

Henry David Thoreau

Checkmate ;)

TheReverend
06-23-2008, 09:46 AM
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root, and it may be that he who bestows the largest amount of time and money on the needy is doing the most by his mode of life to produce that misery which he strives in vain to relieve.

Henry David Thoreau

Checkmate ;)

Beer is living proof God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Ben Franklin

King me. (Don't make me Google search on your ass)

Willynowei
06-23-2008, 09:48 AM

Q U O T E D.

I used YOUR words.

If you're going to quote me, quote the whole sentence, don't quote half of one sentence and half of another, do you see a period anywhere in that quote? Oh, in the middle of it, as in "Scumbags. 99% of the..."

That doesn't say Cops are scumbags 99% of the time, you can call me an asshole and this and that all you want, blahblah blah, but the least you can do is not misquote me.

And yet, you do it all the time, ever take the time to read what other people say? Or are you too busy fiddling with the widgetes on your macintosh

alkemical
06-23-2008, 09:49 AM
Beer is living proof God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Ben Franklin

King me. (Don't make me Google search on your ass)

LOL!

That's a tough one to beat...I don't know if i can but this is my own personal fav:

“The universe is wider than our views of it.”

Henry David Thoreau

TheReverend
06-23-2008, 09:53 AM
you're a period anywhere in the middle of it, Scumbags.

call me an a-hole and want me.

And yet, you do it all the time, ever take the time to fiddling with the widgetes

How'd I do?

Willynowei
06-23-2008, 10:17 AM
Wrong and wrong. No family members and I've lived in areas you and your Starbucks friends would be afraid to walk through.

Beyond that, I didn't "defend" anyone.

I simply shed a bit of logic on your little Jr. High tantrum.

Logic? Really, well, pardon me professor, here's a bit of simple logic for ya.

What you see Firefighters do everyday (in order of frequency):
1.) Inspect fire alarm triggers - good
2.) Put out fires, small or large that can lead to property damage - good
3.) jumping into collapsing buildings saving people - very good

Medical Professionals:
1.) Provide healthcare advice - good
2.) Checkups and dealing with the common cold - good
3.) Saving lives in the emergency rooms - very good

Cops:
1.) Handing people summons and complaints
2.) Crime scene investigation - the detectives job really
3.) Crowd control, detering unwanted behavior through threat of lethal force toward American citizens.
4.) Use of any means necessary to disable or possibly kill a violator of the law, a reactionary step taken AFTER the crime is commited.

See the difference? The other professions save people's lives. They help people, they care for people. Whether or not those civil servants do a good job or they actually "care" doesn't change the fact that the means that they achieve their goal is not only peaceful but positive towards society.

Then we have cops, who basically are money collectors for the state as their #1 job. (Fine someone has to do it). or #2, They deter illegal behavior with either lethal force or the threat of #1 - summons. (Fine someone has to do it)

Finally #3, they "bring people to justice" which, lets be honest is another way of saying, kill or hurt the guy who hurt or killed someone you love. Hey, they are basically hired assasins who dish out "REVENGE" on those crazy idiot a-holes and evil doers who go around causing society problems.

I'm not saying those guys don't deserve it, but that what cops do, they go and beat up or jail or kill "bad guys". They are the government's hired "muscle".

Its quite different and much worse than being a soldier, b/c when you're a soldier, you're doing this stuff over the course of a war and the rest of the time you're training (and also soldiers are always in harms way, so they are much more justified to use force without having to compromise their conscience). Cops? they do it their whole lives, and they do it to people in their OWN TOWN AND COUNTRY, and they don't take orders, they give them! Lets get real here, the job is built up on doing all of society's dirty work, and ****ed up things.

So look, they have society's three ****tiest jobs all of them are about hurting, killing and bullying people, so you gotta ask yourself, what would bring a man to do something so dispicably depressing his whole life for a **** wage?

My answer: either he's an exceptional individual, or he just flat out enjoys this stuff, which makes him a scumbag... Now Popps, which do you think there are more of in todays world? I think unless you are obscenely ignorant to reality, you have to go with the latter.

Willynowei
06-23-2008, 10:18 AM
How'd I do?

LOL Not bad Rev

BABronco
06-23-2008, 10:48 AM
Hey come on mods. It's the offseason, move it back to the main board please.

Do it or ill send the cops in the first video after your wife!!!!

...jk..... maybe

Popps
06-23-2008, 12:30 PM
Cops:
3.) Crowd control, detering unwanted behavior through threat of lethal force toward American citizens.
4.) Use of any means necessary to disable or possibly kill a violator of the law, a reactionary step taken AFTER the crime is commited.

See the difference? The other professions save people's lives. .

I'm going to quote your own words again, so try not to cry and say I "misquoted" you. Again, I do understand why you'd be ashamed of your 8th grade logic, but they ARE your words.

As for your question, it's idiotic. You gave horrible examples and in true junior high fashion, slanted the "Criminals in Blue" section to sound as negative as possible.

Absolutely. It's part of keeping order in a society. You want anarchy? I'm sure you and your Starbucks buddies would fare well in a chaotic society.

Yes. It's part of law enforcement. I realize you may enjoying watching this part on television, but law enforcement isn't always sexy.

Oh, you poor boy. Did a cop yell at you at a rally or something? Did you spill your Latte? Again, come down to LA and watch these crowds destroy businesses of innocent people and smash car windows of innocent people and tell me there's no need for anyone to keep order in these situations.

4.) Use of any means necessary to disable or possibly kill a violator of the law, a reactionary step taken AFTER the crime is commit

Again, very childish description of someone who's job it is to protect the public. Let's only focus on those who have done a bad job, not the thousands of cops who work by the book and protect innocent children, women and yes... even snotty punks in coffee shops who purport to be their victims.

So, yes... just like fire and natural disaster is a reality of life, so is crime. Bad people outnumber the cops by a wide margin. Grown ups in the grown up world understand this and understand that a system of law enforcement is necessary and the people who do those jobs are playing a vital role in society.

Like I said, as soon as something bad happens to you... your ass will be calling the "criminals in blue" to protect you. So, you can save the coffee shop hippie routine. It's just embarrassing.

Hey, a prison employee just started a thread about one of his colleagues dying on the job.
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=68809
Shouldn't you be on there telling him how happy you are that his friend is dead, or reminding him that he and his colleagues are the real criminals?

Go ahead, tough-guy coffee-boy. Put down your clove cigarette for a minute and tell him what scum he is on the internet. I'm sure you'd tell him in person. ::)

BroncoBuff
06-23-2008, 01:42 PM
These f-ers should be fired and charged with crimes ... and cops in general should come under FAR more strident civilian oversight in most cities.

But the reality is that 99% of cops are fine 99% of the time.

These are abberations.

Taco John
06-23-2008, 01:55 PM

I have a hard time criticizing the reactions of victims when they are being assaulted.

alkemical
06-23-2008, 01:56 PM
I have a hard time criticizing the reactions of victims when they are being assaulted.

I'll give you something to cry about!!!!

Willynowei
06-23-2008, 01:59 PM
I'm going to quote your own words again, so try not to cry and say I "misquoted" you. Again, I do understand why you'd be ashamed of your 8th grade logic, but they ARE your words.

As for your question, it's idiotic. You gave horrible examples and in true junior high fashion, slanted the "Criminals in Blue" section to sound as negative as possible.

Absolutely. It's part of keeping order in a society. You want anarchy? I'm sure you and your Starbucks buddies would fare well in a chaotic society.

Yes. It's part of law enforcement. I realize you may enjoying watching this part on television, but law enforcement isn't always sexy.

Oh, you poor boy. Did a cop yell at you at a rally or something? Did you spill your Latte? Again, come down to LA and watch these crowds destroy businesses of innocent people and smash car windows of innocent people and tell me there's no need for anyone to keep order in these situations.

4.) Use of any means necessary to disable or possibly kill a violator of the law, a reactionary step taken AFTER the crime is commit

Again, very childish description of someone who's job it is to protect the public. Let's only focus on those who have done a bad job, not the thousands of cops who work by the book and protect innocent children, women and yes... even snotty punks in coffee shops who purport to be their victims.

So, yes... just like fire and natural disaster is a reality of life, so is crime. Bad people outnumber the cops by a wide margin. Grown ups in the grown up world understand this and understand that a system of law enforcement is necessary and the people who do those jobs are playing a vital role in society.

Like I said, as soon as something bad happens to you... your ass will be calling the "criminals in blue" to protect you. So, you can save the coffee shop hippie routine. It's just embarrassing.

Hey, a prison employee just started a thread about one of his colleagues dying on the job.
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=68809
Shouldn't you be on there telling him how happy you are that his friend is dead, or reminding him that he and his colleagues are the real criminals?

Go ahead, tough-guy coffee-boy. Put down your clove cigarette for a minute and tell him what scum he is on the internet. I'm sure you'd tell him in person. ::)

oh please, I never said that the job doesn't have to be done; doesn't change the fact that cops are generally a-holes due to the nature of their job and the fact they can do whatever the hell they want. Pretty simple - really..

And again, you keep telling me that I'm going to be crying for a cop when some goon comes after me? HA! What; I've never been jumped? Thank god I don't live in NY's slums anymore, but believe me, I've been there. And anyone who's got any real experience in those areas know the cops don't do ****. Cops don't protect anyone in those areas, they rough people up for their own interests. Thats why the worse off the neighborhood, the more people hate cops. If I get jumped in a bad neighborhood, I know that my self defense ability is the only thing keeping me alive if the guy intends to kill me. Otherwise, I'm dead and cops come just in time to either bust the guy or address the media. Just a bunch of goons in blue.

TheReverend
06-23-2008, 02:00 PM

Wow. Are you kidding me?!?!

You mean if your wife had just been the victim of assault, and the police came to diffuse and report the situation, made a mistake, then they too began abusing and stripping your wife while pinning her face down to the floor you wouldn't understand?!

alkemical
06-23-2008, 02:00 PM
I almost laughed when i was told i fit the description - then they tossed my car.

El Minion
06-23-2008, 02:08 PM

Or did I miss something?

Ha! Double entendre!

Florida_Bronco
06-23-2008, 02:13 PM
Who would have expected anything less than an excuse and rationalization from you.

Scum!

.......if being treated unfairly by law enforcement (Scum w/ a badge),........don't make any commotion...

are you f-in kidding?

I was wondering when you were gonna drag your ass into this thread. Once again you demonstrate that you likely failed your elementary school reading classes.

Not good at all.
Obviously not agreeing with the actions of those involved.

First off though, those are detention deputies, not police officers...big difference. Rather important observation to be made

I definetly feel sorry for this woman, but as I've said before even if you are being treated unfairly by law enforcement you simply cannot make this big commotion as it will only escalate things. Cooperate with the officers, and then make your complaints once the situation has been defused. Giving advice on how to avoid/control a situation like this.

So I ask, where was my excuse and rationalization? You really should read this book, since it would prevent you from making a further ass of yourself.

http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ESEWSY6PL.jpg

TailgateNut
06-23-2008, 03:19 PM
I was wondering when you were gonna drag your ass into this thread. Once again you demonstrate that you likely failed your elementary school reading classes.

Obviously not agreeing with the actions of those involved.

. Rather important observation to be made

Giving advice on how to avoid/control a situation like this.

So I ask, where was my excuse and rationalization? You really should read this book, since it would prevent you from making a further ass of yourself.

http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ESEWSY6PL.jpg

I'll allow you to assume whatever you wich regarding my educational level.
I am not the one who has to wear his name on his shirt.:thanku:

You saying "not good at all" does not imply that you disagree with their actions. It can, just as well, inply that you feel the presence of evidence of their wrongdoing is "not good".

Trying to minimize the connection to police officers is hilarious, at best.

Your "rationalization" is just that. I guess in your ****ed up mind, she should have just layed there and allowed those low-life goons to molest her.

I'm sure I'll be reading about you in the future. Another bad apple in the bunch!

Popps
06-23-2008, 03:23 PM
Just a bunch of goons in blue.

Right, and when your house is broken into or your car stolen, or a family member killed... I'm sure you'll take justice into your own hands. ::)

Gotta love the internet tough-guys. Especially the junior-high variety.

You'll grow up eventually, kid. But until then, you guys enjoy yourselves down at the Starbucks talking about how persecuted you are.

Florida_Bronco
06-23-2008, 03:52 PM
I'll allow you to assume whatever you wich regarding my educational level.
I am not the one who has to wear his name on his shirt.:thanku:

I'd really think you'd stop trying to debate with me, especially with how many times I've made you look like a fool.

You saying "not good at all" does not imply that you disagree with their actions. It can, just as well, inply that you feel the presence of evidence of their wrongdoing is "not good". I hope you didn't hurt your back doing that spin. That's a reach, even for you.

Trying to minimize the connection to police officers is hilarious, at best. What's hilarious about it? That it takes away your ammo for your hatred of police?

Your "rationalization" is just that. I guess in your ****ed up mind, she should have just layed there and allowed those low-life goons to molest her. Again, you need a lesson in reading comprehension. I'd attempt to take on this task, but I'm sure it would be about as fruitless as teaching a Raider fan to read.

I'm sure I'll be reading about you in the future. Another bad apple in the bunch! I'll be sure to send you all the newspaper links for the medals I receive. 8') :spit:

TailgateNut
06-23-2008, 04:02 PM
To be totally honest (w/o any of my NORMAL prejudices toward piglets), when my house was broken into and buglarized the "keystone cops" who arrived to investigate were "a joke" at best.
I did more investigative work for them, than the whole lot of them did. I found out how, and when the burglar attempted his first entry, and by doing that found his footprints frozen into the "snow/turned ice". I followed them and was able to (by talking to retired neighbors who luckily were at home on the day he originally attempted to gain entry into my home) identify the culprit thanks to his abnormally small feet!

The cops who originally came to investigate did the following: Took a report, took a few pictures, and told me they couldn't get find/get any prints (although prints were later found on a back room window which I pointed out to them as being the area where he tried to unsuccessfully break in a few days before the actual buglary).

Back to my prejudices: the majority of them are useless tax absorbers

Florida_Bronco
06-23-2008, 04:08 PM
To be totally honest (w/o any of my NORMAL prejudices toward piglets), when my house was broken into and buglarized the "keystone cops" who arrived to investigate were "a joke" at best.
I did more investigative work for them, than the whole lot of them did. I found out how, and when the burglar attempted his first entry, and by doing that found his footprints frozen into the "snow/turned ice". I followed them and was able to (by talking to retired neighbors who luckily were at home on the day he originally attempted to gain entry into my home) identify the culprit thanks to his abnormally small feet!

The cops who originally came to investigate did the following: Took a report, took a few pictures, and told me they couldn't get find/get any prints (although prints were later found on a back room window which I pointed out to them as being the area where he tried to unsuccessfully break in a few days before the actual buglary).

Back to my prejudices: the majority of them are useless tax absorbers

Were these uniformed officers or detectives?

TailgateNut
06-23-2008, 04:12 PM
I'd really think you'd stop trying to debate with me, especially with how many times I've made you look like a fool.

I hope you didn't hurt your back doing that spin. That's a reach, even for you.

What's hilarious about it? That it takes away your ammo for your hatred of police?

Again, you need a lesson in reading comprehension. I'd attempt to take on this task, but I'm sure it would be about as fruitless as teaching a Raider fan to read.

I'll be sure to send you all the newspaper links for the medals I receive. 8') :spit:

How many times you've made me look like a fool? Delusions of grandeur, and you don't even have a badge yet.
Scary thought, considering your ego will only get more bloated once you graduate from piglet to pig!

Medals? ROFL!

You'll be another Tensi.

TailgateNut
06-23-2008, 04:16 PM
Were these uniformed officers or detectives?

Both.

The detective kept warning me about "hindering the investigation" by following the creep (I just told him I was just going to the same place he was going;D ), and by going around the neighborhood questioning neighbors (which actually helped solve the frigging case).

I could have acted like the cops, and just called it a day.

Florida_Bronco
06-23-2008, 04:35 PM
How many times you've made me look like a fool? Delusions of grandeur, and you don't even have a badge yet.
Scary thought, considering your ego will only get more bloated once you graduate from piglet to pig!

Medals? ROFL!

You'll be another Tensi.

In all seriousness, I think me and you both know I wouldn't be one of the bad cops.

Florida_Bronco
06-23-2008, 04:35 PM
Both.

The detective kept warning me about "hindering the investigation" by following the creep (I just told him I was just going to the same place he was going;D ), and by going around the neighborhood questioning neighbors (which actually helped solve the frigging case).

I could have acted like the cops, and just called it a day.

Well that certainly sucks.

Did you file any kind of complaint with the police department?

TailgateNut
06-23-2008, 04:55 PM
Well that certainly sucks.

Did you file any kind of complaint with the police department?

Are you serious? File a complaint with the police department about the police department?ROFL! The same department which had the audacity to call me and inform me that "WE GOT HIM" after I did the majority of the "leg work".:yayaya:
I felt like telling him to go **** himself, but I do have to drive the streets on a daily basis to get to work.

TailgateNut
06-23-2008, 04:59 PM
In all seriousness, I think me and you both know I wouldn't be one of the bad cops.

Dunno about that. Your gung ho (or should that be GUN HO) attitude is a bad sign. I would hope you wouldn't become a bad apple, but when you toss a perfectly fine apple into a basket of apples, it seems to get rotten faster.

If ya get my drift.

TheReverend
06-23-2008, 05:03 PM
Dunno about that. Your gung ho (or should that be GUN HO) attitude is a bad sign. I would hope you wouldn't become a bad apple, but when you toss a perfectly fine apple into a basket of apples, it seems to get rotten faster.

If ya get my drift.

Gung ho means work together.

What a nice compliment. :thumbsup:

Florida_Bronco
06-23-2008, 05:06 PM

If ya get my drift.

I really think you get the wrong idea about me and my "gung ho" attitude, but it's the internet. I can understand your side though.

I think anyone who knows me personally would tell you I'd much rather help someone than hurt them.

Tombstone RJ
06-23-2008, 05:10 PM
I really think you get the wrong idea about me and my "gung ho" attitude, but it's the internet. I can understand your side though.

I think anyone who knows me personally would tell you I'd much rather help someone than hurt them.

Well Nancy, why don't you just put on a dress and curtsey for us? Sheeezze!

I kid...

cutthemdown
06-23-2008, 05:39 PM

but I can find people that would say the same thing about the criminals you put in prison. It's what you do not what people say about you that matters. You go out and be a good cop and don't worry about what we say. A lot of us talk bad about police because we see and hear things we don't like about them. Reality would hit us all hard in the face if we didn't have police though that's for sure.

Willynowei
06-23-2008, 09:29 PM
Right, and when your house is broken into or your car stolen, or a family member killed... I'm sure you'll take justice into your own hands. ::)

Gotta love the internet tough-guys. Especially the junior-high variety.

You'll grow up eventually, kid. But until then, you guys enjoy yourselves down at the Starbucks talking about how persecuted you are.

House broken into? When is that ever recovered? I got my car broken just month, gps - gone. What does the cop tell me? Whats your deductable? Oh, $500 ****, that means you gotta pay outa your pocket anyways, you still want me to write the report? "nah, dude I got this", "yeah sorry that this happened dude, these crackheads breakin into **** all the ****in time, we never recover them cause they just turn around for cash to get more coke!"

Wait, what happens if I get killed, wait do I even give a ****? I'm dead! HELLOOOOO

What if my family member dies? #@$*&in dickhead @#$#in @#$$ #$#@in, I want him ()&#$)&#$in executed!!! ||*life sentence served*|| Got what he deserved, that @#$in a-hole, i just wish I could kill him myself...

WAIT.... My family member back yet?

Oh wait, thats right, no one is saved; the coked up homeless murderer is just going to get a bed to sleep in and food on his plate now! YAY! or wait, we could execute him! Even better, but we charge ****loads more for that cause we gotta be "HUMANE" - ****. Revenge - so sweet and so just right?? right??

Police hurt people - they just try to do it in a constructive way.

Popps
06-23-2008, 10:24 PM
House broken into? When is that ever recovered? I got my car broken just month, gps - gone. What does the cop tell me? Whats your deductable? Oh, $500 ****, that means you gotta pay outa your pocket anyways, you still want me to write the report? "nah, dude I got this", "yeah sorry that this happened dude, these crackheads breakin into **** all the ****in time, we never recover them cause they just turn around for cash to get more coke!"

Wait, what happens if I get killed, wait do I even give a ****? I'm dead! HELLOOOOO

What if my family member dies? #@$*&in dickhead @#$#in @#$$ #$#@in, I want him ()&#$)&#$in executed!!! ||*life sentence served*|| Got what he deserved, that @#$in a-hole, i just wish I could kill him myself...

Oh wait, thats right, no one is saved; the coked up homeless murderer is just going to get a bed to sleep in and food on his plate now! YAY! or wait, we could execute him! Even better, but we charge ****loads more for that cause we gotta be "HUMANE" - ****. Revenge - so sweet and so just right?? right??

What a dramatic boy. Very 8th grade. Terrible examples with big holes custom-made to fit your "poor me" routine. Your illogical assumption that police efforts only result in post-facto action is just silly. While much of police work is reactive, much is proactive and much of their REactive work results in the prevention of future crimes. Or... should we just allow those child molesters to continue stalking kids? You going to put your latte down and go do anything about it? ::)

How about this... you're walking down the sidewalk with your mother. Four large strangers begin beating and kicking her. There are several police officers across the street who haven't seen this yet. You're not going to call them over to assist you?

Please. Save your bull**** answer because we all know the truth. You luxuriate in your little junior high fantasy of living in a police state, but you'll be the first one to call them when **** gets hairy. It's so obvious.

You'll grow up, dude. I'm guessing you're in your teens or maybe early 20s and just way behind the average development curve. But, this will all start to clear up to you eventually.

Bronco_Beerslug
06-23-2008, 10:36 PM
What a dramatic boy. Very 8th grade. Terrible examples with big holes custom-made to fit your "poor me" routine. Your illogical assumption that police efforts only result in post-facto action is just silly. While much of police work is reactive, much is proactive and much of their REactive work results in the prevention of future crimes. Or... should we just allow those child molesters to continue stalking kids? You going to put your latte down and go do anything about it? ::)

How about this... you're walking down the sidewalk with your mother. Four large strangers begin beating and kicking her. There are several police officers across the street who haven't seen this yet. You're not going to call them over to assist you?

Please. Save your bull**** answer because we all know the truth. You luxuriate in your little junior high fantasy of living in a police state, but you'll be the first one to call them when **** gets hairy. It's so obvious.

You'll grow up, dude. I'm guessing you're in your teens or maybe early 20s and just way behind the average development curve. But, this will all start to clear up to you eventually.I doubt his mom is going to get beat up if they are across the street. Most cops now a days are in their rides all day long anyway. But I'd definitely call them if I needed them if my ride was jacked and tell them where it was (Onstar).

Popps
06-23-2008, 11:03 PM
I doubt his mom is going to get beat up if they are across the street. Most cops now a days are in their rides all day long anyway. But I'd definitely call them if I needed them if my ride was jacked and tell them where it was (Onstar).

Right... but you understand the point. Cops have crappy jobs. There are good ones and bad ones, but they're a necessity and even posers like that dude will call them if he's in real trouble.

Tombstone RJ
06-23-2008, 11:19 PM

What a drama queen.

We've all had crap ripped off from our property, why are you blaming a cop for your crap getting stolen?

Why don't you join a neighborhood watch program or something if this bothers you so much. Try an alarm system. Or, as many Americans choose, start pack'n.

Yep, when you catch that sum bitch that stole your stuff, giv'm the ole pistol in the face. Then, get your crap back, because it's YOUR CRAP, DAMNIT!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-23-2008, 11:22 PM
Yep - there are good cops and bad cops.

People's personal experiences with cops tend to shape their perceptions and beliefs about police officers (and authority figures in general?) as a whole, it seems (which is only human nature, I guess.)

I once had a friend who hated cops - just the sight of a policeman sent him into a rage. As far as he was concerned, all cops were corrupt and naturally disposed to the abuse of power.

It finally came to light that my friend was taken from his mother and placed in a foster home at an early age - and the men who came to take him away were two cops.

TailgateNut
06-24-2008, 09:01 AM
Yep - there are good cops and bad cops.

People's personal experiences with cops tend to shape their perceptions and beliefs about police officers (and authority figures in general?) as a whole, it seems (which is only human nature, I guess.)

In a nutshell!^5

Willynowei
06-25-2008, 11:05 AM

You'll grow up, dude. I'm guessing you're in your teens or maybe early 20s and just way behind the average development curve. But, this will all start to clear up to you eventually.

LOL, conveniently, they are across the street, yeah okay.

As I said it would be nice if they actually recovered stolen goods and cars, but none of that really happens. The point is they do their job through force and the profession is so ****ty that most people who do it are scumbags, or atleast they become so jaded, it doesn't really matter anyways.

You just keep making up scenarios where cops are needed, and miss the entire point, as you usually do. Maybe one day a cop will save my life, however unlikely the scenario is, and I'll be indebted to that man, but it doesn't change my overall perception of cops. Its a profession where heroes are the exception and scumbags are all too common.

Willynowei
06-25-2008, 11:08 AM
What a drama queen.

We've all had crap ripped off from our property, why are you blaming a cop for your crap getting stolen?

Why don't you join a neighborhood watch program or something if this bothers you so much. Try an alarm system. Or, as many Americans choose, start pack'n.

Yep, when you catch that sum b**** that stole your stuff, giv'm the ole pistol in the face. Then, get your crap back, because it's YOUR CRAP, DAMNIT!

Never blamed neone, just making the point that cops are usually too late and don't really care.

Tombstone RJ
06-25-2008, 11:19 AM
Never blamed neone, just making the point that cops are usually too late and don't really care.

Point being, don't get mad at the cops for your unfortunate situation. Listen, I just had stuff stolen off my car, not 2 months ago. It pissed me off, really, really bad. My only option was to call the cops, and report it.

So, this lady cops comes out to the place where my car was parked, looks it over, writes stuff down. I give as much info. as I can to her. I'm pissed...

But, what can the cops do? The stuff is gone, (it was an expensive 4 barrell carberator which I had just spent time and money on, putting the damn thing on, and taking the old fuel injection system off) and now some punk azz kid, who must have known it was there, came into the garage and ripped it off.

The little **** didn't take anything else, just my freak'n expensive set up on my car!

But, in reality, you know who I was mad at the most? Certainly not the cops, I was mad at ME! I'm the one that parked the car there, I'm the one who knew that there was always the possibility of someone breaking in and stealing my stuff, but I was too damn lazy to move my car.

So, I paid for it. Yep, sure as **** I did.

Popps
06-25-2008, 07:44 PM
You just keep making up scenarios where cops are neededLOL

ROFL!

Yea, we have overflowing prisons and skyrocketing crime rates and I have to "make up" scenarios where cops are needed.

Tell you what. You just stay in your safe Starbucks there and play with your college buddies. (Or high school.) As I said, all you've got to do is put your money where your mouth is.

1. Confront cops and tell them that they're ****. Hey, 99% of them are scumbags. Just tell them. Maybe throw your latte on them or something. Show them what's up.

2. Don't ever call on them for help. I don't care what happens, where you are... and if they ever stop to help you, refuse their help. Don't ever let those "criminals in blue" help you.

Better yet, man up and join. Set an example. You talk a tough game. Let's see you go out and prove it.

Or, you could stay tucked safely in the coffee shop, pontificating about the oppression you and your little buddies face. ::)

I have a feeling I know how it'll play out.

Popps
06-25-2008, 07:53 PM
Point being, don't get mad at the cops for your unfortunate situation.

Obviously, no rational adult would.

This kid is using the fact that crime and criminals exist as an argument for why cops are evil. So, unless NO crime occurs, ALL cops are bad?

So, people get sick and die. I suppose all doctors and nurses are evil. Hey... people still get sick, right?!

Awesome logic.

Then he says "cops don't care."

Do doctors care? Honestly?

Does the guy who installs your cable care?

Do lawyers "care?"

Some may, some may not. But, we're not paying them to "care"... we're paying them to perform a service. Some perform their service well, some may not. Some doctors are upstanding, some are frauds.

In other words, they're human beings.

Sort of sad that we'd have to explain this to anyone who's old enough to log onto the internet and type. This is grade school stuff.

Popps
06-25-2008, 07:56 PM
W
Why don't you join a neighborhood watch program or something if this bothers you so much. T!

What, and miss DND night at Starbucks?

Neighborhood Watch would take effort and maybe even a little guts. It's much easier to sit back and call cops criminals from the safety of your coffee shop.

baja
06-25-2008, 08:02 PM
I have had mostly bad experiences with the police, lots of anger for not a good reason. One guy in Bull Head City hit my window with his night stick because I was driving by an accident too slow for his liking but there was glass and bodies all around and I don't see so good at night.

Spider
06-25-2008, 08:11 PM
I have had mostly bad experiences with the police, lots of anger for not a good reason. One guy in Bull Head City hit my window with his night stick because I was driving by an accident too slow for his liking but there was glass and bodies all around and I don't see so good at night.

Massachusetts state police ...me and one went rounds over him hitting my rig with his knight stick cause I left my truck ideling in a no idle zone .....
good thing there was witnesses , or he may have shot me .......

baja
06-25-2008, 08:16 PM
we call Massachusetts drivers Mass -holes

Spider
06-25-2008, 08:44 PM

LOL . I can see that

alkemical
06-26-2008, 07:32 AM

F'n A...baja. That's the truth.

c_lazy_r
06-26-2008, 01:29 PM

Or did I miss something?

Hilarious!

Beautiful!

c_lazy_r
06-26-2008, 02:11 PM

Are they drinking coffee or eating breakfast? Talking with hookers? Valid questions because if you interrupt them, they might just taser your ass.

Just sayin'

RaiderH8r
06-27-2008, 01:18 PM

I puked in their cruiser.

cutthemdown
06-27-2008, 01:41 PM
I puked in their cruiser.

They just make some other poor inmate or trusty clean it out.

RaiderH8r
06-27-2008, 01:48 PM
They just make some other poor inmate or trusty clean it out.

But no inmate or trustee had to clean the flaming bag of poop I left on the officer's doorstep! MUA HA HA HA!

No seriously though, I puked all over the inside of the cruiser...just after he caught me pissing on his tire. He was questioning my buddy and I had to hang the hog. I was quite drunk.

cutthemdown
06-27-2008, 01:52 PM
But no inmate or trustee had to clean the flaming bag of poop I left on the officer's doorstep! MUA HA HA HA!

No seriously though, I puked all over the inside of the cruiser...just after he caught me pissing on his tire. He was questioning my buddy and I had to hang the hog. I was quite drunk.

reminds me of once when I was at the Angel game. 2 cops were just walking around no big deal. I was walking behind them with a ton of food and drinks. I was with my 2 young nephews and had taken them to the game. I'm watching the game and walking at same time and didn't notice the cops had stopped walking. Next think I know one of the cops is wearing 2 hot dogs some nachos and 3 cokes.

I was horrified but it was an accident. He was clearly pissed to the point he would have loved to screw with me but what could he do it was an accident and tons of people around.

Best thing was I got free food replaced by the stadium.

I wasn't drunk or stoned though just sober at the baseball game.

BABronco
06-27-2008, 04:41 PM
I wasn't drunk or stoned though just sober at the baseball game.

Bs you would have to be one or the other to be able to sit through a baseball game.

alkemical
06-27-2008, 06:22 PM
word

Willynowei
06-28-2008, 09:00 AM
ROFL!

Yea, we have overflowing prisons and skyrocketing crime rates and I have to "make up" scenarios where cops are needed.

Tell you what. You just stay in your safe Starbucks there and play with your college buddies. (Or high school.) As I said, all you've got to do is put your money where your mouth is.

1. Confront cops and tell them that they're ****. Hey, 99% of them are scumbags. Just tell them. Maybe throw your latte on them or something. Show them what's up.

2. Don't ever call on them for help. I don't care what happens, where you are... and if they ever stop to help you, refuse their help. Don't ever let those "criminals in blue" help you.

Better yet, man up and join. Set an example. You talk a tough game. Let's see you go out and prove it.

Or, you could stay tucked safely in the coffee shop, pontificating about the oppression you and your little buddies face. ::)

I have a feeling I know how it'll play out.

What the hell are you talking about?

If I say for example, "the mafia are scumbags" does that mean I should show them I'm tough by throwing a cup of coffee at the goons? If I say theres a problem with the concentration of negativity in one job, should I just join up and make a difference that way?

Think about it, no really - think about it. You're way off Popps, you're thinking too linear, too scenario focused, this is really simple - I'm saying the structure and framework of policing is the issue - it draws scumbags and turns people jaded.

Do yourself a favor dude, quit while you're way behind.

BABronco
08-28-2008, 08:05 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kaIb8DeXqqQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kaIb8DeXqqQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

jhat01
08-28-2008, 09:22 PM
Tells him to get up, then shoots him???wtf is that about?

BABronco
12-19-2008, 01:44 PM
http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2008/12/galveston_false_arrest.php

Police Get The Wrong House In Galveston, Allegedly Assault 12-Year-Old Girl
Wed Dec 17, 2008 at 12:37:01 PM
It was a little before 8 at night when the breaker went out at Emily Milburn's home in Galveston. She was busy preparing her children for school the next day, so she asked her 12-year-old daughter, Dymond, to pop outside and turn the switch back on.

As Dymond headed toward the breaker, a blue van drove up and three men jumped out rushing toward her. One of them grabbed her saying, "You're a prostitute. You're coming with me."

Dymond grabbed onto a tree and started screaming, "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy." One of the men covered her mouth. Two of the men beat her about the face and throat.

As it turned out, the three men were plain-clothed Galveston police officers who had been called to the area regarding three white prostitutes soliciting a white man and a black drug dealer.

All this is according to a lawsuit filed in Galveston federal court by Milburn against the officers. The lawsuit alleges that the officers thought Dymond, an African-American, was a hooker due to the "tight shorts" she was wearing, despite not fitting the racial description of any of the female suspects. The police went to the wrong house, two blocks away from the area of the reported illegal activity, Milburn's attorney, Anthony Griffin, tells Hair Balls.

After the incident, Dymond was hospitalized and suffered black eyes as well as throat and ear drum injuries.

Three weeks later, according to the lawsuit, police went to Dymond's school, where she was an honor student, and arrested her for assaulting a public servant. Griffin says the allegations stem from when Dymond fought back against the three men who were trying to take her from her home. The case went to trial, but the judge declared it a mistrial on the first day, says Griffin. The new trial is set for February.

"I think we'll be okay," says Griffin. "I don't think a jury will find a 12-year-old girl guilty who's just sitting outside her house. Any 12-year-old attacked by three men and told that she's a prostitute is going to scream and yell for Daddy and hit back and do whatever she can. She's scared to death."

Since the incident more than two years ago, Dymond regularly suffers nightmares in which police officers are raping and beating her and cutting off her fingers, according to the lawsuit.
Griffin says he expects to enter mediation with the officers in early 2009 to resolve the lawsuit.

We've got calls in to the officers' lawyer; we'll let you know if we hear something.

Update: This is from the officers' lawyer, William Helfand:

Both the daughter and the father were arrested for assaulting a peace officer. "The father basically attacked police officers as they were trying to take the daughter into custody after she ran off."

Also, "The city has investigated the matter and found that the conduct of the police officers was appropriate under the circumstances," Helfand says. "It's unfortunate that sometimes police officers have to use force against people who are using force against them. And the evidence will show that both these folks violated the law and forcefully resisted arrest."

spdirty
12-19-2008, 08:47 PM
On certain occasions, you should walk a mile in a man's shoes before criticizing them.

Not defending what these cops did, hell, I was wronged by a ****ing cop bout a year ago. But dont go on trying to nail the whole batch of good cops out there just because of a few bad ones.

Spider
12-19-2008, 09:32 PM
I got pulled over by a Colorado State trooper Near Delta Colorado ..... I wish more Cops were like this guy , a Man i was damn proud to meet Wednesday night ........

Florida_Bronco
12-19-2008, 09:47 PM
I got pulled over by a Colorado State trooper Near Delta Colorado ..... I wish more Cops were like this guy , a Man i was damn proud to meet Wednesday night ........

You should play the lottery. I'm very pro-police and even I am not very fond of state troopers.

BABronco
12-19-2008, 11:39 PM

I've met a few nice cops. My aunt is a cop in Den. Just met a lot more bad cops than good cops. I think they have too much power and too many laws to enforce.

Florida_Bronco
12-19-2008, 11:42 PM
I've met a few nice cops. My aunt is a cop in Den. Just met a lot more bad cops than good cops. I think they have too much power and too many laws to enforce.

Just out of curiosity, what power do you feel they should be stripped of?

Spider
12-19-2008, 11:43 PM
You should play the lottery. I'm very pro-police and even I am not very fond of state troopers.

he was more concerned about public safety then treating me like a criminal ..... my pig tail came unplug , I had no lights , he light me up , I pulled over , he helped me fix it , and kept traffic from hitting me while I worked .............. It was refreshing being treated by someone as a person instead of a criminal , by someone who actually put public safety first .......... This guy ( I wont type his name on line ) is a credit to the Colorado State patrol ........

Florida_Bronco
12-19-2008, 11:47 PM
he was more concerned about public safety then treating me like a criminal ..... my pig tail came unplug , I had no lights , he light me up , I pulled over , he helped me fix it , and kept traffic from hitting me while I worked .............. It was refreshing being treated by someone as a person instead of a criminal , by someone who actually put public safety first .......... This guy ( I wont type his name on line ) is a credit to the Colorado State patrol ........

That's good you that he treated you well. Alot of the state troopers I met seem to view truck drivers as a revenue stream rather than hard working people and that rubbed me the wrong way, being the son of a trucker and all.

cutthemdown
12-19-2008, 11:47 PM

The nature of their job makes it almost impossible to avoid a love hate relationship between citizens and police.

Hopefully you never have to deal with police. If you are then more then likely you are either a victim or a perp. I hope to never have any need for any police for the rest of my life knock on wood.

A lot of the problem is how violent some of our cities are. It's made police pretty heavy handed in many areas. Then some of the problem is a public that insists on breaking the law. From smoking weed, to speeding, punching people in the throat, doing coke, screwing hookers, cheating on our taxes, petty theft, larceny, money laundering, rape, pillage, etc I mean cmon you get it all in the good ole USA. And that's just on a Friday night!!!!!!!

Spider
12-19-2008, 11:50 PM
That's good you that he treated you well. Alot of the state troopers I met seem to view truck drivers as a revenue stream rather than hard working people and that rubbed me the wrong way, being the son of a trucker and all.

that they do ...

Florida_Bronco
12-19-2008, 11:52 PM
The nature of their job makes it almost impossible to avoid a love hate relationship between citizens and police.

Hopefully you never have to deal with police. If you are then more then likely you are either a victim or a perp. I hope to never have any need for any police for the rest of my life knock on wood.

A lot of the problem is how violent some of our cities are. It's made police pretty heavy handed in many areas. Then some of the problem is a public that insists on breaking the law. From smoking weed, to speeding, punching people in the throat, doing coke, screwing hookers, cheating on our taxes, petty theft, larceny, money laundering, rape, pillage, etc I mean cmon you get it all in the good ole USA. And that's just on a Friday night!!!!!!!

Good post. It's pretty common for cops to become jaded just due to the nature of dealing mostly with criminals during their careers.

Earlier this summer I did a ride-along with Clearwater Police. The officer I rode with was one of the fasting rising officers in the department, as he had got into the undercover drug and gang units faster than anyone in the history of the department. He had gone back to road patrol about a year before I did the ride along and he said that he made that choice because he could see himself being jaded with people in general. He started to view everyone as "criminals who hadn't been caught" so he went back to patrol where he could have more interaction with the good, everyday people.

cutthemdown
12-20-2008, 10:43 AM
Good post. It's pretty common for cops to become jaded just due to the nature of dealing mostly with criminals during their careers.

Earlier this summer I did a ride-along with Clearwater Police. The officer I rode with was one of the fasting rising officers in the department, as he had got into the undercover drug and gang units faster than anyone in the history of the department. He had gone back to road patrol about a year before I did the ride along and he said that he made that choice because he could see himself being jaded with people in general. He started to view everyone as "criminals who hadn't been caught" so he went back to patrol where he could have more interaction with the good, everyday people.

My conservative friends will cringe at this but I really think what we need is prison reform. We have to break the cycle of organized gangs running the prisons. That IMO should be a priority for Obama but know one ever talks about it. What we do is make a recruiting ground for gang members in prison that in the end strengthen the gangs hold on the streets they come from.

Prisons need to be segregated by the seriousness of the crime you committed. By sticking young 22 yr old black males busted for drugs or assault etc into prison with the crips, bloods, mexican mafia etc you force him to be in a gang and become a career criminal. Otherwise you won't survive.

We need to somehow break the back of these prison/street gangs with an all out war on them. I feel until we do that we will have some areas that the gangs control and prisons that don't rehabilitate anyone.

Florida_Bronco
12-20-2008, 11:15 AM
My conservative friends will cringe at this but I really think what we need is prison reform. We have to break the cycle of organized gangs running the prisons. That IMO should be a priority for Obama but know one ever talks about it. What we do is make a recruiting ground for gang members in prison that in the end strengthen the gangs hold on the streets they come from.

Prisons need to be segregated by the seriousness of the crime you committed. By sticking young 22 yr old black males busted for drugs or assault etc into prison with the crips, bloods, mexican mafia etc you force him to be in a gang and become a career criminal. Otherwise you won't survive.

We need to somehow break the back of these prison/street gangs with an all out war on them. I feel until we do that we will have some areas that the gangs control and prisons that don't rehabilitate anyone.

Good point as well. I agree.

baja
12-20-2008, 11:19 AM
You will like the Illuminati's plan release all the prisoners on a defenseless society.

BABronco
01-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Just out of curiosity, what power do you feel they should be stripped of?

I probably should have said their powers are too vague. Its a mixture of a weak judicial system and cops covering for cops.

BABronco
01-10-2009, 07:06 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/01/08/baseballer.shot/index.html?eref=rss_latest

(CNN) -- Robbie Tolan sits in a Houston, Texas, hospital bed with a bullet from a police officer's gun lodged in his liver. The son of a famed baseball player was shot in his own driveway.

But how this unarmed 23-year-old and his cousin ended up in the cross-hairs of an officer's gun, suspected of stealing a car, is a question sparking allegations of racial profiling.

"There's no doubt in my mind that if these had been white kids this does not happen," said David Berg, Tolan's attorney.

It was 2 a.m. on December 31 when Tolan and his cousin, Anthony Cooper, were confronted in the driveway of their home by Bellaire, Texas, police officers. Police officials say the officers suspected the two young men were driving a stolen car.

Bellaire is a prominent, mostly white suburb in southwest Houston.

BABronco
01-10-2009, 07:13 PM
OAKLAND, Calif. – In grainy cell-phone videos played over and over on the Internet, police officers force an unarmed black man to the ground and hold him face-down on a crowded train platform. Suddenly one of the officers draws his gun and fatally shoots the man in the back — then looks up.

The New Year's Day death of 22-year-old Oscar Grant has led to angry street protests amid allegations from the family's attorney that some of the officers used racial slurs.

The officer remains free and has not been charged with any wrongdoing. And some experts have questioned whether he fired his gun deliberately or mistakenly believed he was using his stun gun instead.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090108/ap_on_re_us/train_station_shooting

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/de9T1jdcnTg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/de9T1jdcnTg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Florida_Bronco
01-10-2009, 07:21 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/01/08/baseballer.shot/index.html?eref=rss_latest

(CNN) -- Robbie Tolan sits in a Houston, Texas, hospital bed with a bullet from a police officer's gun lodged in his liver. The son of a famed baseball player was shot in his own driveway.

But how this unarmed 23-year-old and his cousin ended up in the cross-hairs of an officer's gun, suspected of stealing a car, is a question sparking allegations of racial profiling.

"There's no doubt in my mind that if these had been white kids this does not happen," said David Berg, Tolan's attorney.

It was 2 a.m. on December 31 when Tolan and his cousin, Anthony Cooper, were confronted in the driveway of their home by Bellaire, Texas, police officers. Police officials say the officers suspected the two young men were driving a stolen car.

Bellaire is a prominent, mostly white suburb in southwest Houston.

So where is the information that shows the officers were in the wrong? ??? All this article says is that a minority (black I assume) was shot by a police officer and his lawyer (big shocker) is claiming it was race related.

OAKLAND, Calif. – In grainy cell-phone videos played over and over on the Internet, police officers force an unarmed black man to the ground and hold him face-down on a crowded train platform. Suddenly one of the officers draws his gun and fatally shoots the man in the back — then looks up.

The New Year's Day death of 22-year-old Oscar Grant has led to angry street protests amid allegations from the family's attorney that some of the officers used racial slurs.

The officer remains free and has not been charged with any wrongdoing. And some experts have questioned whether he fired his gun deliberately or mistakenly believed he was using his stun gun instead.

I saw that video, and I think it's possible that he mistakenly grabbed his firearm instead of the taser. When the kid gets shot him and the other cops are clearly caught off guard by what happened.

Regardless of intent though, pretty damn negligent.

BABronco
01-10-2009, 07:28 PM
I saw that video, and I think it's possible that he mistakenly grabbed his firearm instead of the taser. When the kid gets shot him and the other cops are clearly caught off guard by what happened.

What do you believe the punishment should be?

TheReverend
01-10-2009, 07:30 PM

Pretty big and hard to make mistake...

BABronco
01-10-2009, 07:30 PM
So where is the information that shows the officers were in the wrong? ??? All this article says is that a minority (black I assume) was shot by a police officer and his lawyer (big shocker) is claiming it was race related.

As they walked up the driveway to their home, Anthony Cooper said an unidentified man emerged from the darkness with a flashlight and a gun pointed at them.

"We did not know it was a police officer," said Cooper. "He said, 'Stop. Stop.' And we were like, 'Why? Who are you?'"

The officers ordered both men to lie down on the ground. Tolan's parents heard the commotion and came outside. Police will only say an "altercation" took place. Tolan's family say it involved his mother.

"The cop pushed her against the wall," said Tolan's uncle, Mike Morris.

Relatives say Tolan started to lean up from the ground to ask the officer what he was doing to his mother. That's when the family says Tolan was shot in the chest, the bullet piercing his lung and then lodging in his liver.

But Tolan's SUV wasn't stolen. Both men were unarmed and relatives say they were hardly a threat to the police officer. Anger over the shooting has been building over the last week.

This one is for the first story about the baseball players son...

Florida_Bronco
01-10-2009, 07:50 PM
What do you believe the punishment should be?

Depends on alot of variables.

Pretty big and hard to make mistake...

Indeed it is.

As they walked up the driveway to their home, Anthony Cooper said an unidentified man emerged from the darkness with a flashlight and a gun pointed at them.

"We did not know it was a police officer," said Cooper. "He said, 'Stop. Stop.' And we were like, 'Why? Who are you?'"

The officers ordered both men to lie down on the ground. Tolan's parents heard the commotion and came outside. Police will only say an "altercation" took place. Tolan's family say it involved his mother.

"The cop pushed her against the wall," said Tolan's uncle, Mike Morris.

Relatives say Tolan started to lean up from the ground to ask the officer what he was doing to his mother. That's when the family says Tolan was shot in the chest, the bullet piercing his lung and then lodging in his liver.

But Tolan's SUV wasn't stolen. Both men were unarmed and relatives say they were hardly a threat to the police officer. Anger over the shooting has been building over the last week.

This one is for the first story about the baseball players son...

Ok, so it appears there was an altercation between the mother and the officers, and the kid tried to get up and got shot. I can definitely see there how a shooting could happen.

Ya know whats funny? I had a similar situation happen just last week with Largo Police. I went with my mom to go buy some groceries at the store and we came home along the main road through town. Apparently someone had been driving around waving a gun around and another driver mistakenly gave the police the description and tag number of my mom's Taurus, so when we came home there were 3 cruisers waiting down the street.

When I got out of the car (passenger side) an officer walked across the yard, put his flashlight on me and drew his gun to his side. Know what we did?

Exactly what they asked.

We both put our hands up, stayed quiet and let them frisk us. When they were done, we asked what the problem was and they told us the situation. We explained that we were in that area, but we were shopping and had no weapons on us. They re-checked the tag # and confirmed that we were not the people they were looking for. They apologized for the inconvience, we wished them a safe night and they went on their way.

The whole ordeal was done within 5 minutes, no one was shot, roughed up, handcuffed or even given attitude.

Kinda funny how that works, eh?

BABronco
01-10-2009, 08:07 PM
Depends on alot of variables.

Kinda funny how that works, eh?

think you missed a part

BABronco
01-10-2009, 08:08 PM
And even then that does not justify shooting an unarmed man..

Florida_Bronco
01-10-2009, 08:15 PM
think you missed a part

My question is, was the officer(s) in uniform? If so, then he has no excuse for not knowing they were police.

And even then that does not justify shooting an unarmed man..

That's not really true. Police officers are justified in using deadly force if they feel their life or another person's life is in danger, and if you're already involved in an altercation with one suspect and another is trying to get off the ground, it could easily give the officer that fear. All it would take is the type of motion that the officer could take as reaching for a weapon or something of that sort.

And again, I'll point to my situation with Largo PD. We did exactly what they asked, didn't challenge them and the situation was resolved quickly and peacefully.

BABronco
01-10-2009, 08:19 PM
My question is, was the officer(s) in uniform? If so, then he has no excuse for not knowing they were police.

That's not really true. Police officers are justified in using deadly force if they feel their life or another person's life is in danger, and if you're already involved in an altercation with one suspect and another is trying to get off the ground, it could easily give the officer that fear. All it would take is the type of motion that the officer could take as reaching for a weapon or something of that sort.

And again, I'll point to my situation with Largo PD. We did exactly what they asked, didn't challenge them and the situation was resolved quickly and peacefully.

I agree if he was in uni the kid has excuse. However, what if he wasnt.

As for your situation your a cop... you should be trained to handle situations and stay cool. These are civilians who are afraid. The kid was wondering what the (potentially officer w/o uni) was doing to his mother.

Florida_Bronco
01-10-2009, 08:21 PM
I agree if he was in uni the kid has excuse. However, what if he wasnt.

As for your situation your a cop... you should be trained to handle situations and stay cool. These are civilians who are afraid. The kid was wondering what the (potentially officer w/o uni) was doing to his mother.

My mother is just a civilian, and she handled the situation just fine.

And don't get me wrong BA, it may turn out that these officers did wrong (whether intentional or not) I'm just saying that there is enough in those two blurbs to make me believe that the citzen may be at fault. In the Oakland situation, the same is not true.

BABronco
01-10-2009, 08:33 PM

And don't get me wrong BA, it may turn out that these officers did wrong (whether intentional or not) I'm just saying that there is enough in those two blurbs to make me believe that the citzen may be at fault. In the Oakland situation, the same is not true.

So what exactly do you think about the BART incident?

Florida_Bronco
01-10-2009, 08:46 PM
So what exactly do you think about the BART incident?

Is that the one from Oakland that you posted earlier in this thread?

If so, I think it was accidental. I think the officer mistakenly grabbed his firearm instead of the taser and the kid ended up shot.

Extremely negligent, but not intentional...IMO.

BABronco
01-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Is that the one from Oakland that you posted earlier in this thread?

If so, I think it was accidental. I think the officer mistakenly grabbed his firearm instead of the taser and the kid ended up shot.

Extremely negligent, but not intentional...IMO.

Yes that would be the Oakland shooting. So if it was accidental what do you think should happen to the cop?

cutthemdown
01-10-2009, 08:48 PM

any cop who feels his life is threatened to easily shouldn't be a cop. You can't go blasting people just because they moved a little bit.

Good cops, and I know some personally, don't start squeezing the trigger just because a guy doesn't comply with there instructions, or moves a little bit. If they did they would be shooting like 50 people a month.

Cops have to have balls of steel and this cop should never wear a gun in service again. Either should the one in the Bart incident.

It may not be criminal because they are on the job but cops like that should be behind a desk.

We need cops that are determined and deliberate, not lil pussies who go Rambo at the first movement.

Florida_Bronco
01-10-2009, 08:59 PM
any cop who feels his life is threatened to easily shouldn't be a cop. You can't go blasting people just because they moved a little bit.

Good cops, and I know some personally, don't start squeezing the trigger just because a guy doesn't comply with there instructions, or moves a little bit. If they did they would be shooting like 50 people a month.

Cops have to have balls of steel and this cop should never wear a gun in service again. Either should the one in the Bart incident.

It may not be criminal because they are on the job but cops like that should be behind a desk.

We need cops that are determined and deliberate, not lil pussies who go Rambo at the first movement.

While I agree with your sentiment, any person who is trying to get off the ground after you've ordered them down, especially in an altercation, is a threat.

We also don't know what movement this kid made, just that he was trying to get up. That could swing the pendulum either in favor of the victim or the cop. We just don't know.

And I'll also mention that it's easy to play Monday morning quarterback here, even for people like me who are pro-police, but we have to remember that cops are just humans like us that likely have families that they want to come home to and that can lead them to overreact just like anyone else.

It's a two way street. The cops have to be calm and deliberate but we as citzens need to take measures to make them feel safe as well.

Florida_Bronco
01-10-2009, 09:00 PM
Yes that would be the Oakland shooting. So if it was accidental what do you think should happen to the cop?

As I said earlier, I really don't know. It depends on alot of variables.

cutthemdown
01-10-2009, 09:07 PM
As I said earlier, I really don't know. It depends on alot of variables.

It looks like he thought he was shooting his taser. IMO though that isn't criminal the way the laws are currently written. It's just a really bad cop that will never work again in law enforcement.

Florida_Bronco
01-10-2009, 09:13 PM
It looks like he thought he was shooting his taser. IMO though that isn't criminal the way the laws are currently written. It's just a really bad cop that will never work again in law enforcement.

Very doubtful. He'll possibly get charged with manslaughter and also face a civil suit I imagine.

BABronco
01-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Very doubtful. He'll possibly get charged with manslaughter and also face a civil suit I imagine.

Thats what I am hoping for and was waiting for you to say. He should also never be allowed to wear the badge again.

TailgateNut
01-12-2009, 07:47 AM
WTF. Same ol' same ol' shiate from the men in blue. Shooting someone in the back for the equivalent of a twitch is as Pussified as it gets.

TailgateNut
01-15-2009, 07:32 AM
Cop charged in fatal shooting
Images of the incident on the Internet appear to show the victim restrained on the ground.
By Terry Collins
The Associated Press
Posted: 01/15/2009 12:30:00 AM MST

Johannes Mehserle has faced death threats since the New Year's shooting. OAKLAND, Calif. — A former transit police officer has been charged with murder for the fatal shooting of an unarmed and allegedly restrained black man in a racially charged case that has outraged residents and community leaders and set off violent protests.

Newly released court documents allege that Johannes Mehserle, who was charged Tuesday, shot 22-year-old Oscar Grant while Grant had his hands behind his back and another officer was kneeling on his neck.

Alameda County District Attorney Tom Orloff made the rare decision to file a murder charge against a police officer for an on-duty incident.

"At this point, what I feel the evidence indicates, is an unlawful killing done by an intentional act and from the evidence we have there's nothing that would mitigate that to something lower than a murder," Orloff said at a news conference. He said he would not speculate on whether the charge would end up being first-degree murder or second-degree murder.

Witnesses said Grant was lying face down on a train platform at a station in Oakland when the 27-year-old white officer shot him in the back. Grant and others had been pulled off a train after reports of fighting, as New Year's Eve revelers were shuttling home after midnight.

Allegations that Grant's hands were behind his back and another officer was kneeling on him were contained in an Oakland police officer's request to issue an arrest warrant. It said it appeared from cellphone video that "Mehserle shot and killed Oscar Grant while Grant was restrained and unarmed."

The shooting, captured on cellphone cameras and widely viewed on the Internet, has inflamed long-running tensions in Oakland between law enforcement authorities and many African-American residents.

Hundreds of people have taken to the streets calling for the prosecution of Mehserle, with one rally last week spiraling into violence that resulted in more than 100 arrests and damage to dozens of businesses. Another demonstration was planned Wednesday afternoon.

Mehserle surrendered without incident Tuesday at a family friend's house on the Nevada side of Lake Tahoe, officials said.

During a brief court appearance in Minden, Nev., on Wednesday, he waived extradition and was returned to California to face charges. His lawyer, Christopher Miller, said his client had been in Nevada for a few days to get away from the pressures of what was happening in the Bay Area, and there was no effort to avoid arrest.

"As you are all aware there were some death threats, significant death threats, made against him and his family," he said.

Mehserle could be arraigned as early as today, Miller said.

Michael Rains, a former police officer who has represented cops as a lawyer since 1979, said convicting an officer of murder for firing a weapon while on duty is difficult. He said there are many laws and Supreme Court cases to "discourage second-guessing and hindsighting of their actions."

Second guessing, my ass. A murderer is a murderer, regardless of occupational protection.

BABronco
01-23-2009, 02:17 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mm3dz3nLaeY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mm3dz3nLaeY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

alkemical
01-23-2009, 02:59 PM
F*ckers

cutthemdown
01-23-2009, 06:30 PM
cops are way to heavy handed and our prisons need reform and reorganization.