PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL Branden Albert vs Ryan Clady thread

Pages : 1 [2]

KCStud
06-22-2008, 09:11 PM
Quite simply, I am a Bronco fan who loves and will always defend Khan because of his horrible take on football every time we talk football.

That's better.

Kaylore
06-22-2008, 09:12 PM
No you're just a homer who wears orange and blue colored glasse's. You have proved many times your horrible take on football.
LMAO every Bronco is great
I clearly hit a nerve. Incidentally, I don't believe every Bronco is great and have railed on some of the crappier ones around here saying they needed to be cut - sometimes drawing the ire of my fellow fans. But let's read your next part of fiction.
and every Chief and/or Raider is terrible

This is actually true. But that doesn't mean that some aren't good players. I'm not sure I've ever said a good player on your team was bad. I usually rip on the hiring practices some of the personnel moves. Then I rip on the liquid courage you Chief fans seem to all drink in June that makes you think your team is better than ours. Then I make fun of how obsessed many of you are with trying to be better than the Broncos and how the home game against the Broncos is your Super Bowl.

But no, I don't think I've ever said "every Chief player sucks and every Bronco player is good." There have been quite a few Broncos I couldn't stand.

Inkana7
06-22-2008, 09:14 PM
That's better.

Oh please. Your obsession with Khan is painfully obvious.

Atwater His Ass
06-22-2008, 09:15 PM
So you're saying that Joe Montana was at least 2X as good as John Elway? That's an interesting perspective for sure.

In my opinion, those that use a SB as the only arguement for a player being better than another is for those that lack real ammunition to be able to evaluate a player based on personal production.

Thanks for the exchange. It was a delight.

Right, cause I said that SB wins were the only thing to consider.

Bob's your Information Minister
It's amazing how this thread took off. I had no idea Broncos fans were already this defensive about Ryan Lady

kmonty
It's not that hard. We're not saying that every Bronco is better than every Chief.

We're saying Sharpe > Gonzo.

And Elway > All.

Settled?

Kaylore
06-22-2008, 09:20 PM
Stats don't tell everything about how good a player is either, though it should be a factor.

Who said it shouldn't be a factor? No one is saying stats count for nothing. But you should factor in everything: Stats, big game performances, championships won, overall wins, technique, fourth quarter comebacks.

Certainly you should look at situation. There are a lot of great players that haven't been on good teams. It's not Tony G's fault he plays for a crappy franchise like the Chiefs. Most people when asked though will take the player with rings and comparable stats to one with better stats and no rings. 10 out of 10 fans not living in Miami would rather have Joe Montana on their team than Dan Marino. But Dan has better stats! I know that's hard for you to understand, but winning > stats.

Greybeard
06-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Quite simply, you have a vendetta against Khan because he owns you every time you open your mouth.

It's easy to own a squaws fan.

All you have to do is wait until they predictably tell you how great their team is, then you have them.

-----

Greybeard
06-22-2008, 09:30 PM
It's amazing how this thread took off. I had no idea Broncos fans were already this defensive about Ryan Lady

No, I think we're just getting a kick out of your inflated opinion of Fat Albert.

-----

SureShot
06-22-2008, 10:07 PM
Broncos fans have thin skin, film at 11.

Half of Bob's skin has stretch marks, film at 11. (barfs bags will not be provided)

Rock Chalk
06-22-2008, 11:20 PM
I thought Clady was a white guy.

24champ
06-22-2008, 11:31 PM
Then I make fun of how obsessed many of you are with trying to be better than the Broncos and how the home game against the Broncos is your Super Bowl.

Cheffy fans left in the 3rd quarter in their last "super bowl" in KC didn't they?:giggle:

DenverBrit
06-22-2008, 11:39 PM
It's amazing how this thread took off. I had no idea anyone would try and discuss football with an obese Troll like me. C'mon now, own up, don't you all feel just a little stupid for taking my bait?
Even the Crap Planet knows better than to bother posting in my threads....unless it's to tell me what an idiot I am.
Oh, God how I love the attention. Gimme some more!! :curtsey:

It's a coin flip between your unbelievable stupidity and those who try and debate you.

You're still an unemployed putz sponging off your mother. Pathetic.

ZachKC
06-23-2008, 02:29 AM
Good to check in on OM. It has been a while.

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2006/11/21/22B_PUPPETS_narrowweb__300x386,0.jpg

Sacked by Croel
06-07-2009, 03:56 PM
Branden Albert is lazy!!! ROFL

http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/825

Branden Albert knew what the topic was Sunday, and he smiled when the questions came. The Chiefs left tackle, one of the team's most promising young players, came to two tough realizations nearly three months ago: His offseason relaxation had gone on too long, and Albert's new coach, Todd Haley, isn't the type to overlook a few extra pounds.

"The first day I got here," Albert said Sunday, "when I weighed in, he said, ‘Oh, no, no, no, no.’ "

Albert weighed 341 pounds on that day in March, more than 15 pounds heavier than his playing weight during an impressive rookie season in which Albert made the move from college guard to pro tackle, a tall order ordinarily even for a first-round pick.

"He’s a guy who came in way out of shape that I was pretty disappointed in, that we were all pretty disappointed in," Haley said Sunday. "He kind of let himself go from the end of the season and probably during the season a little bit."

06-07-2009, 04:19 PM
Or not, since he's at 309 pounds now.

Sacked by Croel
06-07-2009, 04:25 PM
Or not, since he's at 309 pounds now.

That story just proves your guy is a not a true professional that has the drive and desire to be the best. He's just a decent lineman, not an All-Pro like our boy!

06-07-2009, 04:33 PM
That story just proves your guy is a not a true professional that has the drive and desire to be the best. He's just a decent lineman, not an All-Pro like our boy!

Sounds like a load of crap. He dropped 30 ****ing pounds in the span of a few months. If that doesn't indicate drive and desire, what does?

Early returns have Albert winning this competition in 2009. Clady is ill suited for schemes not run by Mike Shanahan.

gyldenlove
06-07-2009, 04:46 PM
Sounds like a load of crap. He dropped 30 ****ing pounds in the span of a few months. If that doesn't indicate drive and desire, what does?

Early returns have Albert winning this competition in 2009. Clady is ill suited for schemes not run by Mike Shanahan.

Sounds more like hydroxycut than desire to me. If he really had desire he would probably have hit the weights more than the Mcdonalds drive through between the end of the season and mid march.

The only competition Albert is winning is the Mr BigMac award.

06-07-2009, 04:50 PM
Sounds more like hydroxycut than desire to me.

Try again.

So Albert hired a nutritionist. He worked out with strength coach Cedric Williams during the daytime, and at night Albert did extra cardio work. He eliminated sugary sports drinks and Jack Stack Barbeque, a particular weakness, from consideration. Not easy, but Albert is serious about his goals.

"Maybe I took too long of a break," Albert said, "and I learned my lesson from that."

Albert began eating six small meals a day, cutting his portions and cranking the intensity of is workouts. The extra weight was melting off Albert's 6-foot-5 frame, and he arrived to this weekend's three-day minicamp at a cool 309 pounds. The guy had lost 32 pounds in three months.

Sacked by Croel
06-07-2009, 04:52 PM

This professional didn't get his **** in gear until the head coach got on his case. It's never a good thing when the organization kicks you in the rear to get your butt in the gym.

Early returns? More like you are full of ****.

Zone blocking was a big part of what the Patriots did on offense. Not to mention, offensive line coach Rick Dennison and running backs coach Bobby Turner are still in Denver.

06-07-2009, 04:52 PM
Hate to break it to you Bobo, but just like the Dolphins are finding out about Jake Long, Brandon Albert is not a left tackle. Sorry.

He'l be a beast of a run-blocking guard, though.

Wow could you have been more wrong?

06-07-2009, 04:53 PM
Albert is pro-bowl guard. He's a very good right tackle and an average to below average left tackle.

Kaylore swings and misses.

Florida_Bronco
06-07-2009, 04:53 PM
Ahhh yes. How could I forget this gem.

Spider
06-07-2009, 04:58 PM
Brando who ?

Sacked by Croel
06-07-2009, 04:59 PM
Albert will also allow fewer sacks. We'll use this website to track that stat throughout the season:

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=8792&team=12

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=8789&team=7

LOL

Florida_Bronco
06-07-2009, 05:00 PM

Fortunately, he was wrong. Albert is not a Pro Bowler at ANY position.

Florida_Bronco
06-07-2009, 05:00 PM
LOL

Once again, Bobo fails.

Florida_Bronco
06-07-2009, 05:02 PM

Alright everyone, listen up! Bobo is going to breakdown the different systems for us and how each player fits into those systems.

Oh wait, what's that? Bobo is a ****ing foreigner who has never played a down of organized football in his life? Damn, guess we'll have to go listen to someone who has a clue what they're talking about then.

azbroncfan
06-07-2009, 05:19 PM

So there was no skill by a guy who only gave up a half a sack all year for one of the top throwing teams in the league? I thought you would of brought that up since all you know how to do is throw stats around.

azbroncfan
06-07-2009, 05:21 PM

Coming from a guy who thought McIntosh was a good OT. Bob has a real eye for talent. What about the great Brodie Croyle?

Inkana7
06-07-2009, 05:41 PM
I'm gonna defer to the actual All-Pro on this one.

BMarsh615
06-07-2009, 06:40 PM

1. Ryan Clady, Broncos. An extremely athletic left tackle who gave up just 1 1/2 sacks as a rookie last year, he has great feet and the ability to run block at the second level and mirror ends in pass protection.

2. Walter Jones, Seahawks. He's still a premier player who doesn't need help against any pass rusher. Age and injury will put him on the descent in the next few years, but he's still a top technician for now.

3. Jason Peters, Eagles. Peters got some bad advice on his contract issues last year in Buffalo. As a result, he missed a lot of practice time and it showed in his play. Now that he has a long-term deal in Philly, all that is behind him and he can focus on returning to the form that made him one of the top young linemen in the league.

4. Joe Thomas, Browns. Thomas has all the physical tools you could ask for in a left tackle. He's an excellent pass blocker and impressive at getting to the linebacker level in the run game. He has added strength and is still improving.

5. Michael Roos, Titans. The Titans gave up just 12 sacks last season and rushed for almost 140 yards per game. You don't do that without a cornerstone player on the left side. He's a big, strong, physical left tackle and one of the most underrated players in the league.

6. Jordan Gross, Panthers. Athletic and versatile, Gross has the gifts to remain a top tackle for many more years. Smartly, the Panthers paid him handsomely to keep him off the free-agent market.

7. Jammal Brown, Saints. An impressive pass blocker with quick feet and good balance, he makes excellent use of his hands. Look for his run blocking to get more attention this year if New Orleans puts more emphasis on the run, as expected.

8. Jake Long, Dolphins. He's another cornerstone type who combines good size with nice strength and a physical style. He can be a dominating run blocker, which is important when you're working for Bill Parcells. His pass blocking improved last year but still needs work.

9. Orlando Pace, Bears. You can talk about his age and injuries, but in 14 games last season he was among the league leaders in fewest sacks allowed. His run blocking may not be what it once was, but he's still a solid pass blocker who will do a good job protecting Jay Cutler's blind side.

10. Chris Samuels, Redskins. Injuries in recent seasons have forced some changes in the Redskins' line, but one thing is sure: They will run behind Samuels, who is excellent in space and can reach the second level. He still has the feet to pass block effectively.

11. Chad Clifton, Packers. Clifton is a tough, hard-nosed, blue-collar type of player who relies on instincts and competitiveness to get the job done.

12. Flozell Adams, Cowboys. Adams is aging but still has tremendous size and strength. Though the Cowboys struggled in pass protection last year, there's reason to believe a healthy Tony Romo and improved balance on offense will spark a return to form for Flozell the Hotel.

13. Bryant McKinnie, Vikings. McKinnie is an outstanding run blocker and a big, powerful athlete. The Vikings run behind him almost constantly, and he's an above-average pass blocker who rarely needs help.

14. Jared Gaither, Ravens. Gaither is a mountain (6-9, 350) who excelled, particularly as a run blocker, in his first year as a starter. If the Ravens had any apprehension about the retirement of Jonathan Ogden, it's now a thing of the past.

15. David Diehl, Giants. A true guard, Diehl stepped in at left tackle and quietly has provided consistent play. He is smart, tough, competitive and extremely durable. He has started every regular season and postseason game of his career.

16. Matt Light, Patriots. Light doesn't have great physical skills, but in the Patriots' mold, he is smart, tough, and competitive. As a result, he's an effective player who plays with good leverage and gets the job done without much fanfare.

17. Eric Winston, Texans. Winston has quietly emerged as a very solid right tackle. He has good size, long arms and good initial quickness•and he has learned how to play with leverage. He has benefited from playing under respected line coach Alex Gibbs.

18. Marcus McNeill, Chargers. He's not a dominant run blocker but is a very good athlete who takes good angles and is effective getting out on linebackers. Neck and back issues are a concern, but it's important to note he has missed just two games over the past three years.

19. Vernon Carey, Dolphins. The addition of Long allowed Carey to move back to his natural position on the right side. He played well last season and earned a new contract. He's durable and efficient and uses his size to play with power.

20. Sam Baker, Falcons. Before a back injury sidelined him last year, Baker was well on his way to proving himself worthy of his surprising selection in the first round. He displays the combination of strength and athleticism that will allow him to thrive in the Falcons' run-first offense.
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=546898
Where is Brandon Albert?

DenverBrit
06-07-2009, 06:53 PM
Where is Brandon Albert?

Learning to carry Clady's equipment?

Florida_Bronco
06-07-2009, 07:04 PM
Coming from a guy who thought McIntosh was a good OT. Bob has a real eye for talent. What about the great Brodie Croyle?

I'll never forget when Bobo went to Chief's training camp and said he was watching two elite players going at it in Jared Allen and McIntosh. Talk about a way to instantly lose any credibility he ever had.

Orange_Beard
06-07-2009, 07:09 PM

Half right on this Bob, what Kaylore should have said, "Albert is well on his way to becoming and very good right guard and right tackle"

Natedog24
06-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Albert will also allow fewer sacks. We'll use this website to track that stat throughout the season

The Deal is Done!

ROFL!

06-07-2009, 11:28 PM
I'll never forget when Bobo went to Chief's training camp and said he was watching two elite players going at it in Jared Allen and McIntosh. Talk about a way to instantly lose any credibility he ever had.

And your dumbass still can't take a joke.

Florida_Bronco
06-07-2009, 11:57 PM
And your dumbass still can't take a joke.

If it was a joke (and it most certainly was not) then you have just invalidated every training camp report you have ever given.

Good work numbnuts!

BroncoBuff
06-08-2009, 12:00 AM
Where is Brandon Albert?

I like that Jake Long is buried on that list and Brandon is nowhere to be found.

But to be honest, Albert would be a pretty good guard.

Killericon
06-08-2009, 01:17 AM
Man...In an Albert v Clady thread, a Chiefs fan is trying to talk smack. PRICELESS.

BroncoBuff
06-08-2009, 01:25 AM

Wow ... I guess everyone was right about you.

You really are an idiot.

azbroncfan
08-16-2009, 09:24 AM

Instant Classic.

DenverBrit
08-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Wow ... I guess everyone was right about you.

You really are an idiot.

He's not a football fan, he's just here for the spankings! Ha!

DenverBrit
08-16-2009, 09:34 AM
Instant Classic.

Yep, now the Boob is trying for two out of three.

cutthemdown
08-16-2009, 09:52 AM
Gonzo for sure as good or better then Sharpe. But Sharpe was the best in the NFL for many yrs also and could be easily argued he was better. After all what TE has the rings? And Sharpe did it with 2 different teams. In that regard Gonzo wishes he had sharpes career.

As far as bobthequeef knowing a lot about football....well he knows a lot from what you can watch and that's it.

Unless you have experienced how hard it is to cover someone, tackle someone faster then you, you know actually play football you really have no idea.

It's not as easy as it looks and that's just coming from playing football as a kid. Most of us can't even fathom how strong and fast these players are.

Also these coaches know what to look for and what players are supposed to be doing. Most of us only know who is winning and gaining yrds.

Dudeskey
08-16-2009, 10:09 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/62/alcohol-limit.jpg

Bronco LB52
08-22-2009, 10:54 AM
Anyone worried about Branden Albert?

Two fairly ****ty games in a row. If he's gonna whiff once every half it's not gonna be a good season. Sophomore slump or just working out the kinks in preseason? I'm a little worried.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=212365

azbroncfan
09-15-2009, 09:16 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=214113

Albert gave up more sacks than Clady has in his career last game.

09-15-2009, 09:51 PM
Yup. And he could have given up 4.

Albert had a bad game and has regressed. We'll see if he improves.

Damn!

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
09-15-2009, 10:27 PM
this part of the mane will never get old!

24champ
09-28-2009, 02:18 AM
Bump....

Albert looked like garbage...

Clady looked like an All-Pro stonewalling Seymour all day!

09-28-2009, 02:19 AM
Yup.

Clady> Albert

cutthemdown
09-28-2009, 03:26 AM
Albert has regressed into a sophomore slump. The Chiefs just a mess. Man they wasted all that money on the bust Cassel. What a bummer for Chiefs fans. They just get worst no matter what they try.

Scott Pioli obviously a total moron, none of his moves working out.

Kaylore
10-02-2009, 11:45 AM
Conservatively speaking, Branden Albert is on pace to give up 12.5 sacks and 25 penalties for 175 yards by the season's end.

Punisher
10-02-2009, 11:54 AM
Clady is the best LT in the NFL

Popcorn Sutton
10-02-2009, 11:54 AM
Conservatively speaking, Branden Albert is on pace to give up 12.5 sacks and 25 penalties for 175 yards by the season's end.

Say it ain't so...

Welcome back?

SureShot
10-02-2009, 12:08 PM
They should move Albert to his natural position. He would make one heck of a guard.

Garcia Bronco
10-02-2009, 12:13 PM
/End Thread. the debate is over

Punisher
10-02-2009, 12:14 PM
/End Thread. the debate is over

I Agree
Lock the Thread

HAT
10-02-2009, 12:16 PM
Yup.

Clady> Everyone

Fixed.

Old Dude
10-02-2009, 12:19 PM
Why are we even talking about this?

Eldorado
10-02-2009, 12:40 PM
lex just wants to reiterate how he feels about clady:

B
We should have taken Branden Albert or Chris Williams...I give Clady a C.

Rocket 7
10-02-2009, 12:43 PM
Dumerville practicing against Clady is good for both.

loborugger
10-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Why are we even talking about this?

Just to remind Bob that he is a chimp pounding on a keyboard.

GreatBronco16
10-02-2009, 02:23 PM
lex just wants to reiterate how he feels about clady:

Originally Posted by lex
B
We should have taken Branden Albert or Chris Williams...I give Clady a C.

:spit:

Well to be honest, nobody ever claimed lex to be smart when it comes to football. Well, except for........you know.......lex.

bombay
10-02-2009, 02:30 PM
Who is brandon albert?

Arkie
10-02-2009, 03:33 PM
What happened to Branden Albert this year?

Career Offensive Line Stats
Year Team G GS Pen Yds False Start Holding Sacks Allwd Yds
2008 KC 15 15 1 5 1 0 4.50 32.00
2009 KC 3 3 4 30 2 2 2.50 14.50
Totals 18 18 5 35 3 2 7.00 46.50

cutthemdown
10-02-2009, 03:54 PM

Welcome back

easymobee
10-02-2009, 04:07 PM
I was always jealous of the teams like seattle, st louis, and baltimore for having their 12 yr LT star fixtures. It was something Denver never had (Zimmerman was great, but his time here was short comparably ) and now we got the best one in the League.

BMarsh615
10-02-2009, 04:11 PM
NFL WEEK 4: MTS MATCHUP TO WATCH-COWBOYS/BRONCOS

Demarcus Ware vs Ryan Clady-

This is another marque matchup of players that are considered the best at their position. The Cowboys always line Ware up on the open (away from the TE) side of the formation. In obvious passing situations, most teams will motion the TE to his side to help out their OT. It will be interesting to see if the Broncos are confident enough in Clady to let him deal with Ware by himself. Clady has already proven to be the best pass protecting OT in football. He has excellent size, quick feet, a strong punch and the ability to sink his weight and anchor. Shockingly, Ware has yet to record a sack this season but he is capable of collecting them in bunches when he gets rolling. I selfishly hope the Cowboys score early so that we can watch these two go after one another.
http://www.movethesticks.com/?p=639

DenverBrit
10-02-2009, 04:27 PM
Albert was doomed the moment Boob began pimping him and humping his leg.

manchambo
10-02-2009, 04:49 PM
In Albert's defense, I am sure that it is extremely difficult to transition into the league playing on such a dreadful line, with such a putrid offense. Contrariwise, I'm sure that it has helped Clady quite a bit to start out with very good players around him, with excellent coaching, and with an established wonderful scheme.

With all that said, and taking all of the above into account, comparing the two is like comparing a Tauntaun to a Rancor.

kmonty
10-02-2009, 06:02 PM
With all that said, and taking all of the above into account, comparing the two is like comparing a Tauntaun to a Rancor.

I have no idea how good the first one might be. And I have no idea how bad the second one might be.

So yeah, I suppose that works.

Steve Sewell
10-02-2009, 06:24 PM
I Agree
Lock the Thread

Hell, sticky it. Along with Bobo's recent "The Broncos Slide..." thread.

Punisher
10-02-2009, 06:36 PM
Hell, sticky it. Along with Bobo's recent "The Broncos Slide..." thread.

Hell Sticky all of his thread in put the Title "The Official Fat ****head Thread"

manchambo
10-02-2009, 07:08 PM
I have no idea how good the first one might be. And I have no idea how bad the second one might be.

So yeah, I suppose that works.

I assure you that Bobo understands the comparison.

Orange_Beard
10-02-2009, 10:53 PM
They should move Albert to his natural position. He would make one heck of a guard.

Or qb of the raiders

Greybeard
10-03-2009, 07:17 PM
:spit:

Well to be honest, nobody ever claimed lex to be smart when it comes to football. Well, except for........you know.......lex.

Listen, I have a document right here substantiating Lex's immense knowledge in football . . .

wait a minute . . .

. . . this as written by Lex . . .

-----

elsid13
10-18-2009, 06:22 AM
Bobo loses again

The Chiefs are trying to move former 2005 first-round linebacker Derrick Johnson and 2008 third-round safety DeJuan Morgan. Todd Haley and Co. are making no secret about their unhappiness with the players they inherited from the previous regime. I’m hearing they don’t like anyone, including Branden Albert, who they feel is not a left tackle.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Sunday-at-the-Post-4585.html

Paladin
10-18-2009, 06:34 AM
Well, he's not a left tackle. He might make a guard, but I don't know if the Haley and the Comets over there are smart enough to try that..........

cutthemdown
10-18-2009, 06:36 AM
Albert may have to go the Gallery route and go inside.

Gallery actually was playing well, Raiders line fell apart without him. Before that I watched them I was actually sort of impressed with how they played Chargers week 1.

If Chiefs were smart they would move Albert sooner rather then later. Either to guard, or off the team.

elsid13
10-18-2009, 07:13 AM
Albert may have to go the Gallery route and go inside.

Gallery actually was playing well, Raiders line fell apart without him. Before that I watched them I was actually sort of impressed with how they played Chargers week 1.

If Chiefs were smart they would move Albert sooner rather then later. Either to guard, or off the team.

He has talent, so moving to guard make sense. To trade him would stupid and serious put that franchise on the path to KC Faiders .

Bronco Rob
10-30-2009, 05:14 AM
!Booya!

BossChief
10-30-2009, 07:17 AM
I am understanding why Bob is so highly regarded here...

Bronco LB52
12-02-2009, 02:01 PM
Elvis Dumervil vs. Branden Albert is a scary proposition for Chiefs fans.

Ryan Clady vs. Tamba Hali is just another day in the office. A walk in the park. Ho hum. He'll be lucky to get his uniform dirty.

sixtimeseight
12-02-2009, 02:30 PM
Is Albert even in the league anymore?

DenverBrit
12-02-2009, 02:33 PM
Is Albert even in the league anymore?

He's still around, it's Xmas season and he's hungry! ;D

http://www.impawards.com/2004/posters/fat_albert.jpg

gyldenlove
12-02-2009, 02:49 PM
I am not sure why anyone is shocked why Albert has failed at tackle? he was a guard in college and if they put him across from Waters on the inside they will shore up the inside and have some good guards. Niswanger will of course still be a giant heaping pile of dung, but 2 of 5 offensive linemen would be good, that is something.

Paul Finebaum PWNS!
08-27-2011, 10:23 AM
I don't see a HOFer, but comparing Albert to Richardson is wrong. Albert is an average left tackle, maybe a tad better. Richardson is a disaster.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7855520&postcount=43

Average? What happened to franchise left tackle?

Winner: Clady

Inkana7
08-27-2011, 02:54 PM
Nice.

08-27-2011, 04:14 PM
stalkers

KCStud
08-27-2011, 04:17 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7855520&postcount=43

Average? What happened to franchise left tackle?

Winner: Clady

Clady is not a franchise LT either Ha!

KCStud
08-27-2011, 04:18 PM
Ryan Clady vs. Tamba Hali is just another day in the office. A walk in the park. Ho hum. He'll be lucky to get his uniform dirty.

Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha! Man I needed a good laugh. Hali has beaten Clady like a drum the past 3 years.

Paul Finebaum PWNS!
08-28-2011, 01:53 PM
Clady is not a franchise LT either Ha!

Two All-Pro selections in three years says otherwise.

Pass is...IN-COM-PLETE!
12-26-2012, 04:49 PM
Scoreboard through five years

Ryan Clady
1 time First-team NFL All-Pro
1 time Second-team NFL All-Pro
3 time NFL Pro Bowl selection

Branden Albert
0 time All-Pro
0 time Pro Bowler

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
12-26-2012, 05:41 PM
LOL Albert vs. Clady LOL

barryr
12-26-2012, 05:45 PM
Chief fans still talking smack? Will they ever learn?

FearLanier
12-26-2012, 05:54 PM
Albert is the LT opening holes for the best RB in the AFC this year and he's only allowed 1 sack all year long.

I would say that makes Albert a franchise LT.

Pass is...IN-COM-PLETE!
12-26-2012, 06:03 PM
Albert is the LT opening holes for the best RB in the AFC this year and he's only allowed 1 sack all year long.

A franchise left tackle with no accolades:rofl:

FearLanier
12-26-2012, 06:14 PM

Because pro bowl's determine whether a player is good or not. London Fletcher must suck.

orangeatheist
12-26-2012, 06:16 PM

You know, I despise the Chiefs and their fans, but kudos FearLanier. Unlike that spineless, dickless, weasel of a douche KCStud, you've stuck around this year --arguably the worst in Chief history-- to discuss football and your take on your team.

'Course, that doesn't mean I like you and I wish nothing but misery and heartache for you and your franchise for decades to come; but I thought I'd just point out the glaring difference between you and that skid-mark. :thumbsup:

Pass is...IN-COM-PLETE!
12-26-2012, 06:29 PM
Because pro bowl's determine whether a player is good or not. London Fletcher must suck.

London Fletcher got votes in the 1999 AP All-Pro voting so he was a known commodity going back to his early years with the Rams.

Has Albert ever tabulated votes in the AP All-Pro balloting? Does he have any selections as a Pro Bowl alternate?

FearLanier
03-04-2013, 02:09 PM

I would say these are quality accolades. :thumbsup:

Chris Wesseling ‏ @ ChrisWesseling
Per @ PFF, Brandon Albert has allowed fewer sacks and fewer QB hits + hurries than both Ryan Clady and Jake Long over the past 2 years.

DBroncos4life
03-04-2013, 02:15 PM

Per @ PFF, Brandon Albert has allowed fewer sacks and fewer QB hits + hurries than both Ryan Clady and Jake Long over the past 2 years.

Helps when you play less games. :thumbsup:

DENVERDUI55
03-04-2013, 02:36 PM

How about last year? Obviously Orton/Tebow added to the sack total.

gyldenlove
03-04-2013, 03:08 PM

Apparently only 21 of the 39 sacks the Chiefs allowed in 2012 were due to someone on the offensive line, I am guessing the Chiefs played a lot of defensive players who have teleportation technology or who blitz 2 or more players on a lot of plays. I would take these "stats" with extreme caution.

brother love
03-04-2013, 03:53 PM

You'll give up less sacks if every possesion you run on 1st and 2nd down, pass on 3rd down, then punt!

FearLanier
03-04-2013, 04:19 PM
How about last year? Obviously Orton/Tebow added to the sack total.

Last year I remember hearing that Albert had a better year than Clady.

It's also funny to hear people say we ran the ball so much. We ran the ball a ton when Albert got hurt because he got hurt. Aside from that, the Ravens game was the only game I remember us running so much, because Cassel sucks.

I'm not sure if Albert is better than Clady, but he's definitely close. They are both going to get big paydays soon. Good picks by both teams.

MagicHef
03-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Albert was better than Clady in 2011. Clady has been better every single other year. That's why they have to say last two years to try to make Albert look better.

Requiem
03-04-2013, 04:21 PM
Albert is not as good as Clady, but he is a good football player.

broncosteven
03-04-2013, 04:30 PM
You know, I despise the Chiefs and their fans, but kudos FearLanier. Unlike that spineless, dickless, weasel of a douche KCStud, you've stuck around this year --arguably the worst in Chief history-- to discuss football and your take on your team.

'Course, that doesn't mean I like you and I wish nothing but misery and heartache for you and your franchise for decades to come; but I thought I'd just point out the glaring difference between you and that skid-mark. :thumbsup:

If there were more kFc posters like FL I wouldn't dispise them so much. kFc was always a non-factor to me before I started posting on the iNTErneEts, I always hated the Butt-pirates the most but douche bag posters who consider themselves studs, then make up lame stories that they don't even fact check as excuses.

I came to respect CrazyHorse over time but he was trolling as a 1st priority.

However I could see FL as a friend I could talk legit football with.

There was one kFc fan who was vile and hateful when I first started posting here. I can't remember his username, Donkey punch or maybe it started with an F or something. I am so glad he is gone.