PDA

View Full Version : NHL Offseason Thread

Killericon
06-07-2008, 04:20 PM
Alrighty then.

Where will Hossa land? Who will take over the mess that is the Leafs? Where will Tortorella go? What's Anaheim going to do with that #12 pick? What of Jagr?

Also, I thought I'd kick things off on an inflammatory note, and mention a very Eklund-esque rumour I heard resurface today; Malkin for Brown and Kopitar. Thoughts? ;D

SoCalBronco
06-07-2008, 06:57 PM
Alrighty then.

Where will Hossa land? Who will take over the mess that is the Leafs? Where will Tortorella go? What's Anaheim going to do with that #12 pick? What of Jagr?

Also, I thought I'd kick things off on an inflammatory note, and mention a very Eklund-esque rumour I heard resurface today; Malkin for Brown and Kopitar. Thoughts? ;D

PIT might think about it if the Kings also threw in the #2 pick and Jack Johnson.

Killericon
06-07-2008, 07:19 PM
PIT might think about it if the Kings also threw in the #2 pick and Jack Johnson.

Say what? Here I thought it was a terrible deal from L.A.'s perspective.

Smiling Assassin27
06-09-2008, 12:17 PM
Hasek's done. Hell of a career, even got an Amex commercial out of the deal...

Having a slinky for spine...Priceless.

24champ
06-10-2008, 04:15 PM

We already talked about it offline Socal, but NO WAY does LA give up that much for such a large contract that Malkin would command.

NO WAY.

Killericon
06-20-2008, 07:25 PM
We're at pick #7 currently, and here's some of the players moved thus far:

Umberger to Columbus.
Tanguay to Montreal.
Cammalleri to Calgary(Thanks!!)
Jokinen to Phoenix.

SoCalBronco
06-20-2008, 07:28 PM
Congrats on Doughty and getting value for Cammalleri, 24.

Killericon
06-20-2008, 07:35 PM

2nded, but I'm all sorts of happy with Cammalleri for Calgary. Considering we dished out Tanguay...

24champ
06-20-2008, 07:45 PM

Yeah thanks...I'd have to say the Quacks were the winners of this deal. I hate to say it but moving down 5 spots and getting another first? Not bad. Either way I'm not going to miss Cammy.

BTW-Pretty funny watching Islander fans ready to burn their GM Snow at the Stake on HF boards.ROFL!

24champ
06-20-2008, 07:53 PM
Doughty quotes per ITK

http://insidesocal.com/kings/

On his feelings about hearing his name announced...
``It's an unbelievable feeling. I had so many emotions going through my body. When they called my name I couldn't stop shaking. It's a dream come true. I'm so excited about putting on that jersey.''

On joining the Kings...
``The No. 1 thing is just gelling as a team. Hopefully I can make the team better and we can win a Stanley Cup some day.''

On comparisons to Ray Bourque...
``It's an unbelievable feeling, and overwhelming, to be compared to him. I know how much he accomplished and if I could accomplish half of those things, that would be incredible.''

On trying to make the NHL this coming season...
``I'm very prepared and I think I can make the team. That's my No. 1 goal. I'm going to do everything in my power to make the team and help turn it around.''

On whether he knew, in advance, that the Kings were drafting him...
``No, they didn't tell me. I saw Dean Lombardi shaking hands with the Calgary GM. I kind of buried my head in my hands and said, `Oh, no.' I really wanted to be a L.A. King.''

On what he knows about the current Kings...
``I don't really know too much right now. I know guys like Thomas Hickey and Wayne Simmonds and Jonathan Bernier. I know all three of them very well. But I don't know a lot about the Kings, just because I'm so far away, but I'm looking forward to coming out there.''

24champ
06-20-2008, 08:11 PM
Woot! Kings get Teubert at 13 along with a third round pick next year.

Doughty and Teubert on day one...awesome!^5

SoCalBronco
06-20-2008, 08:25 PM
Woot! Kings get Teubert at 13 along with a third round pick next year.

Doughty and Teubert on day one...awesome!^5

Yeah..Pierre McGuire was jacking off to him on the TSN set for like 5 minutes straight. Doughty, Teubert, Hickey and JMFJ. That's two shutdown defense pairings in like a year or two.

I expect to see Kings flags on cars fairly soon. ROFL!

24champ
06-20-2008, 08:44 PM
Yeah..Pierre McGuire was jacking off to him on the TSN set for like 5 minutes straight. Doughty, Teubert, Hickey and JMFJ. That's two shutdown defense pairings in like a year or two.

I expect to see Kings flags on cars fairly soon. ROFL!

:spit: I can only hope to see King flags on cars soon around LA.

We're just loadin em up Socal so when we play you guys in the SCF in a couple years...SID THE KID will be SHUT DOWN. :P

SoCalBronco
06-20-2008, 11:29 PM
Malkin nears new deal with Penguins
Not interested in jumping to new league in Russia
Saturday, June 21, 2008
By Dave Molinari, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
OTTAWA -- Sidney Crosby gave the Penguins a hefty discount when he accepted a contract worth an average of $8.7 million per season last summer.

Evgeni Malkin, however, is prepared to give them one that will dwarf Crosby's gesture.

Several teams in the new Continental Hockey League in Russia reportedly plan to offer Malkin a deal that would pay him roughly $12.5 million, tax-free, per season, making Malkin the highest-paid hockey player in the world.

Nonetheless, Malkin apparently is intent on remaining with the Penguins, who are expected to give him a five- or six-year deal worth $8.5 million per season.

"He wants to stay in Pittsburgh," said J.P. Barry, his agent. "He wants them to keep as many players as they can, so we're working on a term and a structure that will hopefully do that.

"He could make, if he chose to go [to Russia] next year after his contract expired, double or triple what he's going to make here. That's not what he's interested in doing."

Malkin's base salary for 2008-09 will be $984,200, the maximum allowed by the league's collective bargaining agreement. Barry said he and general manager Ray Shero have the "framework" of a new deal in place, and that "I don't see any major hurdles" that would prevent an agreement.

Ideally, Barry added, one will be worked out by early next month. Per the CBA, Malkin's new deal could not be put in place before July 1 since he has a year left on his current contract.

Barry said that, because Shero has an idea of the contract terms Malkin is seeking, he should have a feel for the resources he can invest in some of the Penguins' unrestricted-free-agents-to-be, particularly winger Marian Hossa and defenseman Brooks Orpik.

"That's the real purpose of why we gave them an idea up front, so they could go to Hossa and have some certainty about what they're doing," Barry said. "The very reason we got out in front of this with Pittsburgh was to help them.

"My understanding is that priority No. 1 is Evgeni Malkin, priority No. 2 is Marian Hossa and you move down from there. If that's not the priority, I'd like to hear that."

Having Malkin under contract at a cut rate could make him more tradeable. Even though Malkin won't be eligible for a no-trade clause for a few years, Barry was adamant that implicit in him accepting less money is that the Penguins won't deal him.

"There is a risk [of him being traded at some point in the future], and that's something we'll talk about, too," he said. "The purpose is not to negotiate a deal to help Pittsburgh and [have Malkin] not be in Pittsburgh."

Malkin played for his hometown team, Metallurg Magnitogorsk, in the Russian Super League, the forerunner to the Continental League. He left in 2006 and won a league challenge by Magnitogorsk, which contended he had a valid contract.

Malkin, however, insisted he signed that agreement under duress, and a federal court in New York ruled in his favor.

The Toronto Star reported yesterday that "several teams" in the new league were interested in having Malkin on their roster when it begins play Sept. 2. That prompted a hard-line reaction by Rene Fasel, president of the International Ice Hockey Federation.

He issued a statement saying that if the Russian league signs Malkin while he is under contract in the NHL, sanctions could include denying the country an opportunity to compete in international tournaments such as the Olympics and world championships.

"We would view any signing, from either side, of a player under a valid contract, who does not have any legally valid out-clause, to be a clear violation of the mutual understanding and existing principle," Fasel said. "It would potentially be punishable with suspended national team eligibility and suspension from all competition or activity organized by the IIHF or any IIHF member national association.

"This would include events like the Olympic Winter Games, the IIHF World Championship or international club competitions like the Champions Hockey League. Given this [prospect of harsh sanctions], we are confident that the [Star] report is not substantiated."

That point apparently is moot, however, since Malkin prefers to stay with his current team.

"He came here for a reason," Shero said. "He came to the National Hockey League to play in Pittsburgh."

Dave Molinari can be reached at DWMolinari@Yahoo.com.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08173/891683-61.stm

Geno is following Sid's lead and taking a bit of a discount to help the team.

Obviously this whole article has to be a lie. Ray Finkle said that our whole team is getting dismantled by the cap. Oh BTW, Hossa is also close to signing a 7 year deal and we're very close to finalizing a deal to keep Orpik for only about 3 million a year.

Meanwhile, the NHL is skewering the Rags in Court.

Championship. Lock it up.

24champ
06-21-2008, 03:02 AM
Funniest post of the night goes to Islander fan....

NYI-On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being the worst they are in negative numbers.

I was at the draft party. The place was furious when they traded the 5th pick, but when they got nothing of value back from the Leaf's the place really started to flip out.

Then when the Isles traded the 7th pick to the Preds—again for nothing much in return—of the 1,000 or so fans in attendence—at least 500 got up and walked out in disgust and silence. They did not even boo.

When they selected Bailey—you could hear a rat piss on cotton in Argentina. Then—everyone left in disgust.

They botched it. Top to bottom failure. Until the owner is bought out or decides to sell the New York Islanders will be a lottery team. They cant' and will never get it right with an owner who may spend money, but knows nothing about the game, and won't allow managers and staff to do the jobs they are supposed to do. This "Committee" program is a huge bust. This is why Neil Smith left. This is why Lombardi did not want to work here. Or why any other reasonably successful GM will never come here. And I fear Ted Nolan is next to go. So who is going to coach—wait—I know— we can ask our super star draft pick—Josh Bailey to coach from Bridgeport!

:rofl:

Killericon
06-21-2008, 04:23 AM
Funniest post of the night goes to Islander fan....

:rofl:

Where'd that post come from?

24champ
06-21-2008, 12:19 PM
Where'd that post come from?

Hockey Future Boards...

Killericon
06-21-2008, 04:36 PM
Hockey Future Boards...

...Can you invite me?

24champ
06-23-2008, 12:27 AM
...Can you invite me?

http://hfboards.com/

Socal, Jori, Bronx33 and myself are members there. I am missing a couple others I think...but a lot of hockey fans go there to chat about prospects and drafts.

24champ
06-23-2008, 01:23 PM
After the Los Angeles Kings traded centre Mike Cammalleri to the Calgary Flames for a first round pick Friday night, Gillis said he thought his offer for the player was better. Apparently, the Canucks offered their pick — 10th, seven spots before Calgary’s — but also wanted Kings’ offensive prospect Oscar Moller.

Los Angeles GMDean Lombardi fairly scoffed at Gillis’ claim the Canucks’ offer was better when told of it on Saturday. Gillis was Cammalleri’s agent last summer during a salary arbitration that got nasty. So Lombardi has issues with Gillis. Edmonton Oiler GM Kevin Lowe is famously on record as saying he won’t deal with Gillis.

This is the kind of backlash the new Canucks’ boss faces. Clearly, his relationship is better with many other GMs. But it’s tough to make deals when some managers don’t like the guy pitching them.

http://www.canada.com/globaltv/bc/story.html?id=45c0e59c-23aa-4b75-91a8-d678de590906

FU Gillis...

24champ
06-23-2008, 01:53 PM
Los Angeles: In a few years, no one will want to face Drew Doughty, Jack Johnson, Thomas Hickey and Colten Teubert with Jonathan Bernier holding down the fort.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/16752-THN-at-the-NHL-Draft-Round-1-winners-and-losers.html

Hilarious! this team is gonna be sick in a year or two...

JMFJ 3rd overall pick in 2005

http://cdn.nhl.com/images/upload/2007/08/johnson_jack_250x350_kings.jpg

Hickey 4th overall pick in 2007

http://www.schultzimages.com/melrose/images/07draft/hickey.jpg

Drew Doughty 2nd overall pick in 2008

http://www.thehockeynews.com/imgs/dynamique/photos/original/article_16752_2.jpg

Colen Teubert 13th overall pick 2008

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/3b/fullj.2d23853ca74afa04a866431104b27b01/2d23853ca74afa04a866431104b27b01-getty-81636036cp120_2008_nhl_entr.jpg

and of course Jonathan Bernier...11th overall selection in the 2006 draft.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/05QOeI19Hg6BE/610x.jpg

24champ
06-25-2008, 03:04 AM
Good Riddance...hope the NHL forces them to sell the team and move it to KC...

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=241550&lid=headline&lpos=secStory_main

hmmm

KC Geese
KC Quails
KC Pheasants

SoCalBronco
06-29-2008, 02:42 PM
Shero is interested in John Michael Liles, which doesnt make alot of sense because virtually all of our defenseman are offensive defenseman, why would we need another one? We need some physical defensemen, especially if we lose Orpik, that would leave us with only Gill and a bunch of offensive minded puckmovers. This must mean that they are moving Whitney.

SoCalBronco
06-29-2008, 09:43 PM
Pens traded the negotiating rights to UFAs Ryan Malone and Gary Roberts to TB for a 4th rounder that could escalate to a 3rd if Malone signed with TB. Malone signed with TB today for 7 years, 31.5 million. Ryan is a good player, but not worth 4.5 million a year for 7 years.

Smiling Assassin27
06-30-2008, 02:53 PM
Liles and Foote re-signed by Colorado. Liles probably would've got more on the open market but 4.5 mil a year is reasonable. I'd have more concern over what they signed Foote for, if I'm an avs fan. Dude's getting slower and slower and his physical presence is quickly diminishing.

Anyone else think the Avs go after Kolzig?

24champ
06-30-2008, 05:43 PM
WOW! Kings continue to make moves that I never see coming...I got home last night and read about this...

From Edmonton, to the Kings...

Jarret Stoll, center... Stoll, 26, made $2.2 million last season, when he totaled 14 goals and 22 assists in 81 games. Stoll is a restricted free agent this summer. His best season, statistically, was his second full season, 2005-06, when he had 22 goals and 46 assists in 82 games. He had concussion issues in 2006-07 that limited him to 51 games.

Matt Greene, defenseman... Greene, 25, is due $1.15 million next season and will be a restricted free agent in the summer of 2009. Greene had zero goals and one assist in 46 games last season. His season was limited because of a broken ankle. In 2006-07, his first full NHL season, Greene had one goal, nine assists and 109 penalty minutes in 78 games.

Lubomir Visnovsky is due $5.6 million next season in the first year of his contract extension.

Cleared 2 million off the books, Edmonton can have his bloated salary. Looks like we are going to sign some of our young guys to long term contracts pretty soon as well as our D-Line getting tougher and going to make room for the JMFJ's, Doughty, Hickey, Teubert etc.

Also Lombardi has hinted toward signing a Dman not named Rob Blake, some say he is talking about Orpik and also said he has about 30 candidates for the HC job...

maher_tyler
06-30-2008, 10:12 PM
Liles and Foote re-signed by Colorado. Liles probably would've got more on the open market but 4.5 mil a year is reasonable. I'd have more concern over what they signed Foote for, if I'm an avs fan. Dude's getting slower and slower and his physical presence is quickly diminishing.

Anyone else think the Avs go after Kolzig?

Maybe, we need someone cause Bujda isn't gonna get it done...good back-up but not a goalie you want to start every night

Smiling Assassin27
07-01-2008, 11:22 AM
Wings re-sign Stuart...3.75 mil per year is a-ok with me. That pairing with Kronwall made the difference this postseason.

24champ
07-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Wings re-sign Stuart...3.75 mil per year is a-ok with me. That pairing with Kronwall made the difference this postseason.

Well that sucks...I was hoping Stewie comes back in a Kings Uni. Kings need to spend to reach the salary floor...Orpik please. Right now we are the youngest team in the NHL, Kings are expected to sign Rob Blake today and possibly Modry to fill out our backend. Our coaching search won't be over for a week or two.

Smiling Assassin27
07-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Word is Andrew Raycroft to the Avs...Hell, they may as well have kept Three or Four...Of course, the prettiest goalie alive just got 4.5 mil in Washington--they must be pushing for the #1 pick next year.

Wings are about to sign Ty Conklin. Ambivalence washes over me.

24champ
07-01-2008, 05:25 PM
Chicago signed goaltender Cristobal Huet, four years, $5.625 million per season.

Colorado has signed forward Darcy Tucker to a two-year contract worth $4.5 million.

Pittsburgh signed forward Eric Godard to a three-year contract, money unknown...

Chicago signed defenseman Brian Campbell to an eight-year, $56.8-million contract.

Columbus has signed defenseman Mike Commodore to a five-year contract worth $18.75 million.

Kid A
07-01-2008, 06:36 PM
I'm guessing Raycroft is just veteran insurance if Budaj implodes.

Tucker, from what I've heard, is largely a replacement for Brunette--a tougher guy who can still score some goals. I definitly like that we are trying to get a little more grit.

24champ
07-01-2008, 09:13 PM
I'm guessing Raycroft is just veteran insurance if Budaj implodes.

Tucker, from what I've heard, is largely a replacement for Brunette--a tougher guy who can still score some goals. I definitly like that we are trying to get a little more grit.

Raycroft is garbage. What about that young goalie you guys got? I remember seeing him play against my Bernier in a pre-season game...Weiman?

Smiling Assassin27
07-02-2008, 11:50 AM
BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell TSN that free agent Marian Hossa has signed a one-year, $7.4 million contract with the Detroit Red Wings.

Per TSN....Holy Crap.

24champ
07-02-2008, 12:59 PM
Per TSN....Holy Crap.

Holy crap is an understatement...

The best team in the league just got even stronger. I'm gonna vomit.

24champ
07-02-2008, 01:05 PM
Sean Avery signed with Dallas for a 4 year 15.5 million dollar contract.

So far every signing I have seen have been overloaded with years and money...

Smiling Assassin27
07-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Holy crap is an understatement...

The best team in the league just got even stronger. I'm gonna vomit.

Holland musta sold used cars in a previous life or something. His cap management skills are second to none. Daniel Cleary, you just got demoted to the 3rd line...

Smiling Assassin27
07-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Sean Avery signed with Dallas for a 4 year 15.5 million dollar contract.

So far every signing I have seen have been overloaded with years and money...

Dallas just got a bit harder to beat. Avery's a jackarse but should fit in with Ott, Morrow, and the other bangers.

Killericon
07-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Here I was, all happy with the Brian Campbell signing, and our rivals have to one-up us. ****ing Red Wings.

Smiling Assassin27
07-02-2008, 01:22 PM
Here I was, all happy with the Brian Campbell signing, and our rivals have to one-up us. ****ing Red Wings.

The Blackhawks already give us fits, so they'll be even better next year--maybe even playoff caliber. It'll be good to see them good again.

24champ
07-02-2008, 01:30 PM
Holland musta sold used cars in a previous life or something. His cap management skills are second to none. Daniel Cleary, you just got demoted to the 3rd line...

Yeah...might as well hand the cup to you guys and call it a season. Then the Kings select Hedman/Tavares in the 2009 draft.ROFL!

Kings have about 29 million on the books for 2008, about 11 million short of the cap floor. Gonna be interesting to see how we get to the cap floor.

24champ
07-02-2008, 01:32 PM
Dallas just got a bit harder to beat. Avery's a jackarse but should fit in with Ott, Morrow, and the other bangers.

Yeah but at almost 4 million per year?

There's a lot of signings out there, just like last year that are gonna bite some teams in the arse. I don't see the cap going up next year with the state of the economy right now.

Smiling Assassin27
07-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Yeah but at almost 4 million per year?

There's a lot of signings out there, just like last year that are gonna bite some teams in the arse. I don't see the cap going up next year with the state of the economy right now.

Yeah, i gotta agree--they overpaid for him. I thought he'd get 2-2.5 mil per year, tops. Bonus is that he's not a Wing. :thumbsup:

24champ
07-03-2008, 09:55 PM
Rob Blake signs with the Sharks for 5 Million.

See ya, you won't be getting your jersey in the rafters after you ****ed us over at the deadline. I told you offline Socal about this...Blake was going to have to take a hometown discount if he wanted to be with the Kings for a awhile, and it turns out the Rob Blake camp is doing some PR damage to the Kings by saying the Kings never offered him a contract which is BS to begin with. I know on Rich Hammond's blog they were in discussions...so Blake is lying there, and he also lied about wanting to retire a King. He is a piece of crap to me now and he won't ever get his name up in the rafters.

**** you Blake.

SoCalBronco
07-04-2008, 12:49 AM
Rob Blake signs with the Sharks for 5 Million.

See ya, you won't be getting your jersey in the rafters after you ****ed us over at the deadline. I told you offline Socal about this...Blake was going to have to take a hometown discount if he wanted to be with the Kings for a awhile, and it turns out the Rob Blake camp is doing some PR damage to the Kings by saying the Kings never offered him a contract which is BS to begin with. I know on Rich Hammond's blog they were in discussions...so Blake is lying there, and he also lied about wanting to retire a King. He is a piece of crap to me now and he won't ever get his name up in the rafters.

**** you Blake.

Why would you believe Rich Hammond over Blake? And why would Blake take a hometown discount when the fans did not really embrace him when he returned? He owed you nothing at the deadline. You can't have it both ways "oh **** Blake for not wanting to retire as a King.....why didn't Blake agree to leave at the deadline?"

Nobody owes anybody anything, dude.

24champ
07-04-2008, 02:04 AM
Why would you believe Rich Hammond over Blake?

So here's the time line, according to Lombardi, with quotes from Lombardi added where appropriate.

Sunday: Brisson calls Lombardi at night to talk about Blake. Lombardi said, ``I talked to his agent for two hours. We talked about a lot of things. The whole point was, we didn't talk contract but I was interested in making sure he understood the role and how important the role was. This is the year we actually start becoming a young team and I needed to know, what were Rob's priorities as a hockey player?''

Tuesday: At 9:05 a.m., Brisson submits a contract request. Numbers aren't confirmed, but trust me on this one, it was $4 million. Lombardi said, ``I got a non-negotiable offer at 9 o'clock and was told we had to hurry. I texted (Brisson) back because it was very clear that there was no room to move on their end. I told him we had to look at a number of things to make this fit. We were looking at other players and certain deals. I said, `We're not prepared to commit that type of money. We want to look at all our options but we want to bring him back.'''

Tuesday afternoon/evening: Lombardi and Brisson exchange e-mails. Lombardi said, ``I forget the exact sequence. We exchanged two e-mails. One of them outlined the process we were going through. He said, `Fine, but we're not changing our (offer) number.'''

Tuesday night: Blake and Lombardi spoke on the phone. Lombardi said, ``Rob called me. He was honest. He said, `I don't think I can wait.' I knew San Jose had been talking to him. I said, `I can't hurry this. I'm not sure yet what we can offer. We know what your number is. We're looking at some other things and if I do some other things, it might take me out of (the range of Blake's offer).' I was thinking of making a conditional offer and then if things didn't happen, we could maybe go up to his number, but it was clear it wasn't negotiable. At that point, I was almost sure he was going to San Jose.''

Wednesday: Lombardi and Brisson exchanged e-mails. Lombardi said, ``We had an exchange of e-mails. I was telling them I still had to go through the process. (Brisson) said, `I have no interest in waiting.' I was trying to explain to him what we're trying to do.''

Thursday: Blake signs with San Jose.

why would Blake take a hometown discount when the fans did not really embrace him when he returned?

Because we overpaid his f***ing ass for 12 million for 2 ****ing years Socal. He has repeatedly said no to a trade that Deano had lined up, including one that would have landed Flake in San Jose and we get Nabakov. But he turned it down because he wanted to retire as a king, and he did the same s*** this year when we had San Jose AND Colorado on the line to trade their 1st round draft picks in what is a very deep draft.

Bottom line, it wasn't about retiring as a King, it was about the money.

You can't have it both ways "oh **** Blake for not wanting to retire as a King

He has continually said he wanted to retire as a King, everything he has ever said has been a lie. Dean wasn't having this ultimatum BS his agent kept calling him with. Dean called his bluff and was sticking to his plan.

So to recap...

Flake acts like a child & rips the "C" off his chest.
Flake changes his mind on a contract when Pronger gets more money.
Flake tells the Kings he'll test the free agent waters, gets traded, re-signs with the Av's before testing the free agent market.
Comes back to the Kings, doesn't play up to his$6 million a year contract, & rejects trades two years in a row that would have helped out the Kings.
Signs with the Sharks and now both him & his agent are trying to pull out a spin control on the whole thing.

Flake is dead to me, I hope he gets his leg split in two during a game and Sharks have now quickly turned into one of my hated teams list with Roenick and now Flake.

maher_tyler
07-07-2008, 07:55 PM
How do the Wings sign all these guys and stay under the cap..i'm interested to see the cap number!!

24champ
07-14-2008, 05:20 PM
Islanders can Nolan.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=243405&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_nhl

24champ
07-15-2008, 05:20 PM
Kings are reportedly close to naming Terry Murray head coach.

Killericon
07-16-2008, 08:52 PM
There's all sorts of rumours going around about a 3-Way deal involving the Kings, Blackhawks and Senators. From Sportsnet.ca:

Los Angeles would receive goalie Martin Gerber (http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/players/Martin_Gerber) and defenseman Andrej Meszaros (http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/players/Andrej_Meszaros) from Ottawa. Chicago would add high flying forward Anze Kopitar (http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/players/Anze_Kopitar) to the increasingly potent Chicago offence, and the Blackhawks would move goalie Nikolai Khabibulin (http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/players/Nikolai_Khabibulin) and one of two youthful blueliners, Brent Seabrook (http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/players/Brent_Seabrook) or Cam Barker (http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/players/Cam_Barker) to Ottawa reports the Sun (http://ottawasun.com/Sports/Hockey/2008/07/16/6168871-sun.html).

Just FYI, I'd be perfectly fine with raping the Kings like that. Even Seabrook is worth Kopitar.

24champ
07-16-2008, 09:05 PM
There's all sorts of rumours going around about a 3-Way deal involving the Kings, Blackhawks and Senators. From Sportsnet.ca:

Just FYI, I'd be perfectly fine with raping the Kings like that. Even Seabrook is worth Kopitar.

No way it will happen, Spector totally shot it down. It was a rumor started by some retard Canadian that suggested Kopitar be "thrown" in the package. I would rather phone Florida or Calgary for Boumeester/Phaneuf package for Kopitar...but just Seabrook? Pass.Hilarious!

Now some real news...

Terry Murray has been hired as the new coach of the Los Angeles Kings.

A team spokesman said Wednesday that Murray will be introduced Thursday at a news conference at the Kings' training facility in suburban El Segundo.

Murray coached the Philadelphia Flyers to the Stanley Cup finals 11 years ago. He has been an assistant coach with the Flyers since the 2003-04 season.

Murray will succeed Marc Crawford, who was fired June 10 after two years on the job.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=243584&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_nhl

http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20080716/MURRAY_37580.jpg

Killericon
07-16-2008, 09:25 PM
Well, I also heard this:

Sens get: Khabibulin,Barker and Sharp
Kings get: Gerber, Seabrook and Neil or Vermette
Hawks get: Ersberg,Preissing ,O'Sullivan and Vermette or Neil

Which would be raping the Hawks HARDCORE.

24champ
07-16-2008, 09:42 PM
Well, I also heard this:

Which would be raping the Hawks HARDCORE.

None of which will happen. Kings are more concerned with locking up 'Sully, signing Doughty, and getting Kopitar and JMFJ locked up as well. That's why our team salary is so low. I'm highly doubt Sully goes anywhere, Dean Lombardi thinks very highly of him and thats why we traded for him. He isn't going anywhere. As far as the Goalie situation...we have a goalie logjam and we will need to see what we got when training camp rolls around. No need to pick up an overpaid goalie right now.

Nothing will happen when you mention Sully, Kopitar et al. Those guys are being traded for overrated Goalies? Please. These rumors are silly and are just as retarded as the crap Eklund puts forth.

Killericon
07-16-2008, 11:20 PM
None of which will happen. Kings are more concerned with locking up 'Sully, signing Doughty, and getting Kopitar and JMFJ locked up as well. That's why our team salary is so low. I'm highly doubt Sully goes anywhere, Dean Lombardi thinks very highly of him and thats why we traded for him. He isn't going anywhere. As far as the Goalie situation...we have a goalie logjam and we will need to see what we got when training camp rolls around. No need to pick up an overpaid goalie right now.

Nothing will happen when you mention Sully, Kopitar et al. Those guys are being traded for overrated Goalies? Please. These rumors are silly and are just as retarded as the crap Eklund puts forth.

Well, word NOW is that the deal was rejected by the NHL.

I don't doubt what you say about who would get moved, but I do believe a deal is in the works, and Khabibulin to the Kings makes huge sense for both sides...

24champ
07-16-2008, 11:48 PM
Well, word NOW is that the deal was rejected by the NHL.

It was never in the works...and no one is going to get O'Sullivan/Kopitar. This was a BS rumor started by some retard Canadian on TSN.

By the way, Insiders say that if any team offers Sully a contract, Dean will match it and then that team will get ****ed by Dean when one of their players is a RFA.

I don't doubt what you say about who would get moved, but I do believe a deal is in the works, and Khabibulin to the Kings makes huge sense for both sides...

We will have to see, we don't need to make a deal right now. We'll see what we got when training camp rolls around, Bernier is going to make a strong case again for the #1 spot. Plus Ersberg and Labarbera will have a say as well.

Killericon
07-17-2008, 01:15 AM
It was never in the works...and no one is going to get O'Sullivan/Kopitar. This was a BS rumor started by some retard Canadian on TSN.

By the way, Insiders say that if any team offers Sully a contract, Dean will match it and then that team will get ****ed by Dean when one of their players is a RFA.

We will have to see, we don't need to make a deal right now. We'll see what we got when training camp rolls around, Bernier is going to make a strong case again for the #1 spot. Plus Ersberg and Labarbera will have a say as well.

Why do you keep throwing out "Some Canadian" as if it somehow discredits the rumour, or even relevant? Do you have some inside connections in the Kings organization? The rumour cropped up all over the place, and there was a lot of inconsistency about who was being given up by whom, which is typically a good indicator that there is a deal in the works. I scoffed at the idea that Kopitar or O'Sullivan were being moved, and their names were probably put into the mix by some internet retard, but that doesn't mean a deal isn't coming(It's probably not, but come on! It's the offseason! Have some fun!). I think that a deal between the Sens, Hawks and Kings is coming, and people were looking at who would be moved, and someone threw in the name Barker(Because our top 4 is set, and he's on the outside looking in), which turned into Barker or Seabrook, and someone else saw that and said "Seabrook? It must be for someone awesome...Like Kopitar.", but none of that means that the rumours about a deal happening are bull****. Besides which, look at it from my perspective. The Hawks HAVE to deal someone, which makes every rumour that much more credible. If you ask me, it'd be closer to Khabibulin and Meszaros to the Kings, Barker and someone on the Kings to the Sens and Frolov + Gerber to the Blackhawks. Something along those lines. I don't think a blockbuster is in the works, but it was fun to think about. Just look at it:

Ladd-Kopitar-Havlat
Campbell-Sopel

Sharp-Toews-Kane
Keith-Seabrook

That is fun to think about.

The reason why Khabibulin would make sense is because you're under the floor(By about 10 Million). Khabibulin is a boost at a need spot, with a big, short-term contract.

Pssshhhh...No need to be so dismissive(or to bash my country while doing it).

24champ
07-17-2008, 02:07 AM
Why do you keep throwing out "Some Canadian" as if it somehow discredits the rumour, or even relevant? Do you have some inside connections in the Kings organization? The rumour cropped up all over the place, and there was a lot of inconsistency about who was being given up by whom, which is typically a good indicator that there is a deal in the works. I scoffed at the idea that Kopitar or O'Sullivan were being moved, and their names were probably put into the mix by some internet retard, but that doesn't mean a deal isn't coming(It's probably not, but come on! It's the offseason! Have some fun!). I think that a deal between the Sens, Hawks and Kings is coming, and people were looking at who would be moved, and someone threw in the name Barker(Because our top 4 is set, and he's on the outside looking in), which turned into Barker or Seabrook, and someone else saw that and said "Seabrook? It must be for someone awesome...Like Kopitar.", but none of that means that the rumours about a deal happening are bull****. Besides which, look at it from my perspective. The Hawks HAVE to deal someone, which makes every rumour that much more credible. If you ask me, it'd be closer to Khabibulin and Meszaros to the Kings, Barker and someone on the Kings to the Sens and Frolov + Gerber to the Blackhawks. Something along those lines. I don't think a blockbuster is in the works, but it was fun to think about. Just look at it:

Ladd-Kopitar-Havlat
Campbell-Sopel

Sharp-Toews-Kane
Keith-Seabrook

That is fun to think about.

Pssshhhh...No need to be so dismissive(or to bash my country while doing it).

Cmon, I been to Toronto and Vancouver...and I when I am there I give Canadians a bunch of **** over hockey. Like the last time, I was in Toronto I gave them **** about the Kings/Leafs conference finals. With Vancover...they hate Jack Johnson. It goes both ways though, they like to make fun of my craptastic Kings.

So don't take it personally, I like Canada a lot to be honest. I've even been called a canadian on this board and elsewhere many times.

Second point, I discredit the rumour because it started like two weeks ago on the TSN site in their rumour section or something. Some moron on there says Kopitar should be involved in the talks. No inside info mentioned from him, but now two weeks later it is believable? I don't buy it. If a deal was in the works...I would know about it. There isn't with the Kings at this moment, we may still deal for a left shot defenseman at some point.

I don't think of these rumors as fun...especially when they involve your favorite players. Kopitar is the franchise, he isn't going anywhere. Just ask Socal if he thought the rumors of Malkin coming to Los Angeles was fun for him to read about.

The reason why Khabibulin would make sense is because you're under the floor(By about 10 Million). Khabibulin is a boost at a need spot, with a big, short-term contract.

Wrong. Sully, Doughty, Stoll et all will bring us close to the floor, if not to the floor.

1) Doughty is gonna get signed.
2) Dean said "achievable bonuses" for JMFJ and others count against the cap (1.2 mil)
3) They still have to sign several RFA's (O'Sullivan, Richardson, Still, Gauthier, Moulson, Harrold & Ersberg)

There's 40 right there.

Killericon
07-17-2008, 02:53 PM
Hawks general manager Dale Tallon has heard the rumors of a possible blockbuster trade involving the Blackhawks, Los Angeles Kings and Ottawa Senators that would exchange some big names. Problem is, he says, that's all they are — rumors. And they aren't true.

"Things are quiet right now," Tallon said Wednesday. "Somebody's making a good deal in their head."

The Hawks are above the salary cap, but Tallon isn't worried about getting the team below it before the season begins and said he mostly is keeping an eye on potential movement with free agents.

"I don't foresee anything happening in the next couple of weeks," Tallon said.
You win(Not that a GM's word is worth anything). Khabibulin to the Kings still makes a ****load of sense, though, no matter what you say.

24champ
07-18-2008, 03:09 PM
You win(Not that a GM's word is worth anything). Khabibulin to the Kings still makes a ****load of sense, though, no matter what you say.

WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN KHABIBULIN. PERIOD. - Dean Lombardi

It's not for me to say...I don't run the team.

Bronx33
08-09-2008, 02:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmXTWGx13lU

Bronx33
08-10-2008, 09:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owk4S0GGDbU

Bronx33
08-11-2008, 07:38 PM
http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/5984/cuppajoelf7.jpg

In a lengthy interview on Denver's "FM Sports Radio 104.3 The Fan" this morning, Avalanche captain Joe Sakic said he still hasn't decided whether to play in the upcoming 2008-09 season or retire. Appearing on the radio to promote his upcoming charity golf tournament and "Bringing Hope to the Table" dinner, Sakic said he hoped to make a decision soon. "I needed some extra time this year," he told hosts Sandy Clough and Mike Evans. "It's been a very, very difficult decision to make. I'm hoping to have something here in the next couple of weeks, make my final decision and go forward with it." Sakic added, "I will say I don't want this to linger too much longer. I should make my final decision pretty soon. Whatever that is, I want to make sure it's 100 percent sure." Sakic said he has been communicating with both general manager Francois Giguere and coach Tony Granato. "When I talked to Francois in June, we both understood that the team was going to go forward, regardless of what my decision was going to be, and that enabled me to take as much time as I could," Sakic said. "Right now, I know training camp's approaching rapidly. Summer's gone by pretty fast. I'm going to make my decision here pretty shortly." Sakic emphasized that he was making his decision solely based on his own situation, and not allowing other factors - including the coaching change from Joel Quenneville to Tony Granato and the state of the roster - to come into play. "It's just how I feel," he said. "At the end of the year, to be honest with you, I didn't know if I was going to come back. I needed that time to really think about my future. It was a tougher decision than I thought it was going to be at the end of the year. . . It's all about whether I feel I'm ready to go another year. That's the biggest thing for me: Am I prepared to do what it takes to be successful for another year. I know how much time you have to put in off the ice because playing hockey is the easy part." He noted that he had learned "that the older you get, the more you have to put in. Know what, it wouldn't be fair if you just showed up to the rink and say, 'OK, I'm ready to play," and not put in the time off the ice. It wouldn't be fair for yourself, it wouldn't be fair for the organization, it wouldn't be fair for anybody if you're not ready to do the things you need to do to be the best that you can be." Sakic confirmed the prevailing wisdom that he doesn't want to be anything other than a full-time, first-line center playing in the range of 20 minutes. "I have to be honest with my body and myself and know that if I come back, I want to come back and help the team, and help the team be successful," he said. "If I can't be that player, then I don't think it would be fair to the team or myself to play."

Smiling Assassin27
08-25-2008, 04:41 PM
Shouldn't he already be in near-ready to play shape? Most guys who plan to play an 82 game season usually stay in pretty good shape year round, no? I hope he does come back, personally.