PDA

View Full Version : AFC West Standings

Pages : 1 [2]

boltaneer
09-26-2008, 12:59 PM
There are two things Merriman brings to the field that I don't see anyone on this defense being able to fill the void in.

First is his presence. Teams have to always account for where Merriman is.

While Tucker is playing pretty well, teams aren't going to be afraid of him. They can still focus more of their attention to Shaun Phillips and this is why Cottrell needs to keep attacking with both the coverage and the blitz packages.

The second is his leadership. He brings a certain energy to the field that no one else on that defense can bring. He makes the others on defense better. The only other player to ever do that for the defense IMO was Seau.

gyldenlove
09-26-2008, 01:00 PM
Jyles Tucker had two sacks on Monday folks. Or in other words half as many as your entire team in 3 games.

Dick Cheney could make 2 sacks if he played against the Bretts with that defensive front.

broncosteven
09-26-2008, 01:02 PM
He brings a certain energy to the field that no one else on that defense can bring. He makes the others on defense better. The only other player to ever do that for the defense IMO was Seau.

Too bad that energy is from a banned substance

Greybeard
09-26-2008, 01:02 PM
There are two things Merriman brings to the field that I don't see anyone on this defense being able to fill the void in.

While Tucker is playing pretty well, teams aren't going to be afraid of him. They can still focus more of their attention to Shaun Phillips and this is why Cottrell needs to keep attacking with both the coverage and the blitz packages.

The second is his leadership. He brings a certain energy to the field that no one else on that defense can bring. He makes the others on defense better. The only other player to ever do that for the defense IMO was Seau.

Since he's finished, does he plan to put the roids on eBay?

(Sorry . . . couldn't help myself.)

-----

sixtimeseight
09-26-2008, 01:03 PM

http://streetknowledge.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/steroids-poster.jpg

JJJ
09-26-2008, 01:04 PM

All true. But there is a reason AJ has already written off re-signing Merriman and small part of that is Tucker is good enough and certainly cheap enough.

You can bank on Merriman being a Raven in 2010.

JJJ
09-26-2008, 01:10 PM
Dick Cheney could make 2 sacks if he played against the Bretts with that defensive front.

I guess we find out on November 30th if any of your guys are better than our VP.

I do know Sarah Palin could probably put up as many sacks as your line will this year.

gyldenlove
09-26-2008, 01:14 PM
I guess we find out on November 30th if any of your guys are better than our VP.

I do know Sarah Palin could probably put up as many sacks as your line will this year.

Well moose aren't nearly as smart as NFL quarterbacks and she uses a shotgun, she has all the advantages. If we give Dumervil a 12 guage pump action he would tally up some crazy sacks.

Inkana7
09-26-2008, 01:14 PM

Did the Chargers even breathe on Cutler when they played him?

Doggcow
09-26-2008, 01:21 PM
Did the Chargers even breathe on Cutler when they played him?

They scowled at him, thats about it.

Kaylore
10-06-2008, 08:40 AM
Sure Kaylore. I'll bet a one month sig that Denver wins 8 games or less this year.
http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/1337/11mf6.png

UH-OH!

Kaylore
11-03-2008, 03:04 PM
Ok 400 HZ, you can go ahead and start working on that sig. We lost DJ and both running backs so basically we're done. We'll be lucky to win one or two more games but either way getting to nine is out of the question, especially the way Jay's regressed.

I will say that had we stayed healthy we could have won nine games.

cutthemdown
11-03-2008, 03:11 PM
Ok 400 HZ, you can go ahead and start working on that sig. We lost DJ and both running backs so basically we're done. We'll be lucky to win one or two more games but either way getting to nine is out of the question, especially the way Jay's regressed.

Good thing I let you out of that bet if Broncos don't make playoffs you never come back to the board. If they do I never come back. I said earlier in another thread Jay had some serious flaws in his game. You called me stupid for that one. Are you ever right about anything when it comes to football?

Kaylore
11-03-2008, 03:21 PM
Good thing I let you out of that bet if Broncos don't make playoffs you never come back to the board. If they do I never come back. I said earlier in another thread Jay had some serious flaws in his game. You called me stupid for that one. Are you ever right about anything when it comes to football?

I would have honored that bet. Funny thing is we might still make the playoffs. We'll see if the Chargers will suck worse than us.

Black96WS6
11-03-2008, 03:55 PM
I would have honored that bet. Funny thing is we might still make the playoffs. We'll see if the Chargers will suck worse than us.

Thankfully we've addressed our under-achieving by letting Ted Cottrell go.

And who better to take out our anger on (and new defensive play-calling) than the Queefs this Sunday? :thanku:

I hope Ron Rivera sends the house on the very first play, just to send a message :thumbsup:

cutthemdown
11-03-2008, 04:06 PM

I'm just messin with you. I wouldn't really want you to leave the board because you make it more entertaining.

I can't wait for next yrs camp reports telling me how good Boss Bailey is looking an his repaired knee. And how somehow it made him even faster.

cutthemdown
11-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Thankfully we've addressed our under-achieving by letting Ted Cottrell go.

And who better to take out our anger on (and new defensive play-calling) than the Queefs this Sunday? :thanku:

I hope Ron Rivera sends the house on the very first play, just to send a message :thumbsup:

Problem with the Chargers is they are historic chokers. They never make the Superbowl. They always either underachieve with a good team, or over achieve with a crappy one. Result is always the same either come up short, get blown out in Superbowl, etc etc.

400HZ
11-03-2008, 11:01 PM

Wow, I figured that you would be the last one to throw in the towel on the season. Especially when Denver is still in first place.

JJJ
11-03-2008, 11:40 PM
Agreed. I don't think the Bolts are done finding creative ways to lose games this year. We never win in KC and of course Pitt, Indy and TB will be very tough games.

Atlanta also. I have visions of Cromartie getting steamrolled by Michael Turner. I see the final game in SD deciding the division winner with the winner being no better than 8-8.

cutthemdown
11-04-2008, 12:32 AM
Is it really possible 8-8 or less wins the west? That happens and we should all bury our heads in the sand and beg the football god forgiveness.

Remember when the AFC west was considered one of the best divisions in football? Man I miss those yrs.

Kaylore
12-16-2008, 01:22 PM
KC should be able to do better than 6 wins. I think the Chiefs will win about 9 this year.

LOL Every year. I bet SoCal has the Chiefs in the super bowl next year.

Tombstone RJ
12-16-2008, 01:25 PM
LOL Every year. I bet SoCal has the Chiefs in the super bowl next year.

I had KC finishing better than the faiders... stupid, stupid on my part.

Rausch 2.0
10-15-2013, 04:51 AM
Bumped for epic where-we-were-then laughs...