PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Harris draft pick a waste?

lex
04-27-2008, 01:01 AM
Seriously, between his back and his inability to keep on weight, and the fact that we just drafted Clady makes the Harris experiment seem like a big waste of time. Does anyone really see him suited for anything but LT?

Dukes
04-27-2008, 01:04 AM
I don't know what else he can play, but if he's strickly a LT and nothing else then yes he's a waste

montrose
04-27-2008, 01:06 AM
I personally think he's our RT for the next decade with Clady, Kuper, Hamilton and Holland filling out the best OL we've had since the SB years.

At the least, he could be a capable backup OT which is extremely valuable in today's NFL. Certainly you'd like your 3rd rounders to be on the field (which I believe Harris will be soon), by OL and DL are positions where you can never have enough talent.

footstepsfrom#27
04-27-2008, 01:07 AM
I think he'll wind up at center. He's not big or physical enough for RT and I'm not sure how he is at pulling in space but he might be groomed to take Nalen's spot. Maybe he becomes a utility guy who fills in at more than one spot off the bench. It's to early to call him a bust when he wasn't even healthy last year.

JCMElway
04-27-2008, 01:11 AM
From what I've heard the front office likes Harris at this point.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-27-2008, 01:13 AM
I think he'll wind up at center. He's not big or physical enough for RT and I'm not sure how he is at pulling in space but he might be groomed to take Nalen's spot. Maybe he becomes a utility guy who fills in at more than one spot off the bench. It's to early to call him a bust when he wasn't even healthy last year.

has he ever played this before?

easymobee
04-27-2008, 01:19 AM
I feel good having Clady and Harris both availiable for time at LT, I don't want to flashback to when Erik Pears was our only option after Lepsis got hurt during Cutlers rookie yr.

Odysseus
04-27-2008, 01:20 AM
Give Harris time. Give Clady OLT.

When have the Broncos had too much depth on the OL?

Atlas
04-27-2008, 01:35 AM
The coaches love him. I expect Clady to be at RT to start competing with Kuper for the Job. I think Harris and Pears will be competing for the LT job.

Houshyamama
04-27-2008, 02:13 AM
I'm starting to feel much better about our talent/depth on the Oline.

Cutler with time to throw is a scary prospect for other teams

wabbit
04-27-2008, 02:15 AM
The coaches love him...

The staff does like Harris. He's a particularly smart young guy and has smooth mechanics in both run and pass blocking.

The knock on him has been more health related than anything else.

Not so sure about the LT competition for Harris, but getting Clady experience at RT isn't bad idea at all, especially considering the supposition that his run blocking needs to most work.

Houshyamama
04-27-2008, 02:17 AM
The staff does like Harris. He's a particularly smart young guy and has smooth mechanics in both run and pass blocking.

Not so sure about the LT competition for Harris, but getting Clady experience at RT isn't bad idea at all, especially considering the supposition that his run blocking needs to most work.

Wabbit, this is OT I know. But have you heard anything about Mcdonald Bag's injury?

wabbit
04-27-2008, 02:27 AM
Wabbit, this is OT I know. But have you heard anything about Mcdonald Bag's injury?

Only that the staff is still very concerned and has extracted a promise from Marshall that he will stick to a very rigid re-hab regimen.

Broncojef
04-27-2008, 02:33 AM
Clady will be our starting LT this year. The guys we had just are no match for this serious upgrade at the position. I know some of you harbor homeristic attitudes to Harris and pears but give me a break. Clady at #12 will be our starting LT, hands-down (not RT). If he can't win a starting job THIS year at LT over Kuper, Pears or Harris then we had no business drafting this guy.

lex
04-27-2008, 02:38 AM

Isnt the right tackle normally supposed to be a good run blocker?

footstepsfrom#27
04-27-2008, 02:39 AM
has he ever played this before?
Not that I know of, but they seem to move some of these backup guys around on the line a lot so it won't surprise me if we see him slotted in there at some point. He's not an RT, that much I'm pretty sure of. Then again...neither is Pears...a least not a starting caliber one IMO. Right now I don't really care becaue I'm just glad we finally adressed the pass protection for Jay. I'd love it if we picked up another true power tackle to challenge the right side. The Ohio State kid Nicks is a monster with 1st round talent but very raw an inexperienced and he's still there.

Drek
04-27-2008, 06:10 AM
Having watched Harris through basically his entire college career I'd have to say that he could make a very good RT, if he can stay healthy. But then I think he'd also make a very good LT or OG if healthy as well.

He's very mobile, so the various shifts and pulls required by our OL, both inside and out, should be very easy for him. In fact, in Weiss' pro style offense at ND Harris was typically the guy most often asked to make key blocks in space, get downfield, etc..

It really all comes down to how his back will fare when he starts to see regular NFL action. If he can stay healthy he'll be able to stay at the 305-310 range that gives him enough bulk and power to be effective at basically any OL position, given his excellent technique and mobility. If he keeps having back problems though it'll drive his weight down just like it did at ND and he'll never be a reliable OT.

I think the back problems will clear up and that he'll establish himself as our RT. Shanahan has said that LT is Clady's job to lose and I don't think he's going to lose it. He's so much more significantly talented than our other OT options that its basically a rigged competition. The biggest obstacle Harris will face other than injury is Kuper, who I think could become a standout RT himself.

One thing to keep in mind though, even if Kuper wins the RT job we still have value in Harris. He can backup both OT spots and given some time we could probably expand his effectiveness to backing up at OG as well. He also played special teams every year at ND until his senior year and is a very mobile blocker on kick and punt returns, something we need a lot more of. He's got versatility, and if he stays healthy we'll get good value for him.

Atlas
04-27-2008, 06:12 AM
Having watched Harris through basically his entire college career I'd have to say that he could make a very good RT, if he can stay healthy. But then I think he'd also make a very good LT or OG if healthy as well.

He's very mobile, so the various shifts and pulls required by our OL, both inside and out, should be very easy for him. In fact, in Weiss' pro style offense at ND Harris was typically the guy most often asked to make key blocks in space, get downfield, etc..

It really all comes down to how his back will fare when he starts to see regular NFL action. If he can stay healthy he'll be able to stay at the 305-310 range that gives him enough bulk and power to be effective at basically any OL position, given his excellent technique and mobility. If he keeps having back problems though it'll drive his weight down just like it did at ND and he'll never be a reliable OT.

I think the back problems will clear up and that he'll establish himself as our RT. Shanahan has said that LT is Clady's job to lose and I don't think he's going to lose it. He's so much more significantly talented than our other OT options that its basically a rigged competition. The biggest obstacle Harris will face other than injury is Kuper, who I think could become a standout RT himself.

One thing to keep in mind though, even if Kuper wins the RT job we still have value in Harris. He can backup both OT spots and given some time we could probably expand his effectiveness to backing up at OG as well. He also played special teams every year at ND until his senior year and is a very mobile blocker on kick and punt returns, something we need a lot more of. He's got versatility, and if he stays healthy we'll get good value for him.

Harris will be fine or he won't who cares.

55CrushEm
04-27-2008, 06:57 AM
The coaches love him. I expect Clady to be at RT to start competing with Kuper for the Job. I think Harris and Pears will be competing for the LT job.

So once again, we're going to take a guy out of his natural position, and put him somewhere else.......WTF?

Clady is an LT.....PLAY HIM AT LT.

eddie mac
04-27-2008, 07:06 AM
So once again, we're going to take a guy out of his natural position, and put him somewhere else.......WTF?

Shanahan has already said he's the No1 LT as of now.

Drek
04-27-2008, 07:36 AM
Harris will be fine or he won't who cares.

Well, I'm guessing we do. Hence the thread.

I don't know about you but I'm a Bronco fan. I enjoy watching them succeed and I enjoy discussing the personnel and attached personnel moves that lead to said success.

Therefore, when we have a potentially very talented young guy like Harris, but no clear home for him and questions about if he can succeed, I enjoy discussing it with equally interested peers, giving feedback to one another through informed and articulate discussion.

Maybe I mistook the purpose of a message board dedicated to a football team though.

USMCBladerunner
04-27-2008, 09:02 AM

well in college, the guy played Guard, RT, LT, and DEFENSIVE TACKLE zowie! ... so i'm not sure it's fair to use this logic...I'm more or less with you though, in that if he is good enough to start at LT right off the bat, then do it, cause he's most valuable there

Rabb
04-27-2008, 09:08 AM
yeah it has been said but Harris will end up at RT with Clady at LT...I don't think it was a waste at all personally

montrose
04-27-2008, 09:35 AM
If Harris can be our guy at RT with Clady working out at LT, we've got a great set of pass-blocking OT's to protect Jay for the next decade.

Billy Clyde Puckett
04-27-2008, 10:54 AM
Harris was a desperation pick last year. The Broncs had to draft an OT after Lepsis injury and the Foster debacle. Unfortunately, last year there were only 2 legit tackles in the draft and they went in the first 5 picks.

The MVPlaya
04-27-2009, 12:30 AM
idiots...idiots...idiots...

lex, you stay losing.

:spit:

BroncoBuff
04-27-2009, 12:33 AM
I'm interested in this Peyton Hillis guy. He's a fullback, eh?

lex
04-27-2009, 12:37 AM

lex, you stay losing.

Blech. Im glad he did well last year. Notice how I was never trashing his ability but his weight and his injuries. Id rather not have wasted draft picks. But for what its worth, I still have an strong aversion to guys who have to miss a lot of time due to injury. Again, for every Harris, there seems to be three Torains or Toviessis. I realize that probably has too much nuance for someone who calls himself "Playa" though.

OBF1
04-27-2009, 12:47 AM

This from our resident talent scout LOL ROFL! :welcome:

Killericon
04-27-2009, 12:51 AM
Nothing like raking over past threads to show just how little we know what we're talking about.

ZONA
04-27-2009, 12:52 AM
That is why u give a few years before u grade the draft picks. I remember the sports writers down here in PHX were just trashing the D. Dockett pick years ago and now look at the guy, he's a beast.

lex
04-27-2009, 12:55 AM
Nothing like raking over past threads to show just how little we know what we're talking about.

What about the times people criticize the idea of taking Torain, Middlebrooks, Clarett, etc.? You say people know little for criticizing picks but in actuality people have been right a lot for criticizing a lot of picks from 99-2005...and even a couple after that.

dsmoot
04-27-2009, 01:00 AM

I too was concerned about the ability of Ryan Harris. I saw the Harris inexperience, Hamilton's ability to come back from a serious head injury and the long term health/short term career of Tom Nalen as real question marks of this team one year ago. I am glad to say, I was terribly wrong. Outside of Jay Cutler, Eddie Royal and Wiegmann, it was the brightest spot for Denver.

Lesson learned, we in the peanut gallary need to back off our ignorant analysis and trust a little more in the people hired to make personnel decisions.

OBF1
04-27-2009, 01:04 AM
Lesson learned, we in the peanut gallary need to back off our ignorant analysis and trust a little more in the people hired to make personnel decisions.

Thank you...someone else gets it. REP :thumbs:

BroncoBuff
04-27-2009, 01:04 AM

Yeah, it's a low blow ...

lex
04-27-2009, 01:09 AM
Thank you...someone else gets it. REP :thumbs:

Not really. People were critical of the Clarett, Torain, and Moss choice. I guess by your logic, they should be working in the front office. Please. Youre just some leghumping crotchsniffer who is always has McDaniels seeds in your mouth. FYI, New England has missed a lot in recent years to. So dont expect the scrutiny to stop.

lex
04-27-2009, 01:24 AM
Yeah, it's a low blow ...

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2397681&postcount=1

Its ok. The Alphonso Smith pick will be a candidate for this kind of stuff in the future. Josh lovers will dig up threads where anyone questions the pick and in many cases, theyll overlook that a big part of the objection was not the player himself but what was given up to get them. Another aspect to the current discussion, that will be lost in the future will be the fact that many who were for the pick, supported it only because they supported everything Josh does.

And if the Smith pick doesnt work out, then no one will dig threads up and it will be conveniently forgotten.

cutthemdown
04-27-2009, 01:25 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2397681&postcount=1

Its ok. The Alphonso Smith pick will be a candidate for this kind of stuff in the future. Josh lovers will dig up threads where anyone questions the pick and in many cases, theyll overlook that a big part of the objection was not the player himself but what was given up to get them. Another aspect to the current discussion, that will be lost in the future will be the fact that many who were for the pick, supported it only because they supported everything Josh does.

And if the Smith pick doesnt work out, then no one will dig threads up and it will be conveniently forgotten.

I'm sure you will dig it up. Hilarious!

lex
04-27-2009, 01:31 AM
I'm sure you will dig it up. Hilarious!

Dig what up? That really doesnt make any sense. Trust me. I hope Smith justifies the pick. I hate wasting picks or not maximizing value, which is the same thing. Its not only about what/who we got but also what was foregone.

The MVPlaya
04-27-2009, 02:08 AM
Blech. Im glad he did well last year. Notice how I was never trashing his ability but his weight and his injuries. Id rather not have wasted draft picks. But for what its worth, I still have an strong aversion to guys who have to miss a lot of time due to injury. Again, for every Harris, there seems to be three Torains or Toviessis. I realize that probably has too much nuance for someone who calls himself "Playa" though.

Really? So I guess many athletes aren't too bright either.

Anyways, you seem like a bitter guy...always negative... I can't see you as anyone worthy or even successful on any relevant level.

I mean you continuously try to get at my forum user name... I guess you're too educated. :rofl:

****in' (notice I put the ' there!!!) loser.

You've got to be the worst poster/fan on this forum. Rarely do you post anything good or meaningful. If Broncos won a super bowl you'd find a way to bitch some how some way...you stay losing in life.

cutthemdown
04-27-2009, 03:16 AM
Dig what up? That really doesnt make any sense. Trust me. I hope Smith justifies the pick. I hate wasting picks or not maximizing value, which is the same thing. Its not only about what/who we got but also what was foregone.

if you don't get that then you don't get much.

Drek
04-27-2009, 03:49 AM

lex, you stay losing.

In fairness Harris isn't out of the injury woods yet. He's had one season completely lost to a bad back, and another where he was completely healthy. He could just as easily have his back flair up again and be lost for much of the '09 season. I hope like all hell that doesn't happen, but back problems tend to not just go away.

And I know playing thread Jesus is sometimes a good way to make a point, but it does come off pretty damn dickish, just an FYI. If anyone on here was right with any true regularity they'd probably be working in the industry, not talking about those who do on a message board.

rastaman
04-27-2009, 04:00 AM
Harris won't be wearing a Bronco Jersey much longer b/c he was drafted by MICHAEL SHANAHAN!!! McD will purge as many Shanahan drafted players possible. If there were a comparable player with Harris's skill set let go by the Patriots....you had better realize McD will bring that player in over Harris.

footstepsfrom#27
04-27-2009, 04:02 AM
I know you're impressed with yourself, but frankly I very rarely find anything you say to be more than generic thoughts anyone could come up with by parroting other posters. You're not an original thinker at all and littlel you come up with is insightful. Maybe I'll do a search and find something on your past comments so we can see if you're as smart as you seem to think.

Here's the statement you're mocking me for:

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27

What exactly in your exalted opinion is unreasonable here? He's coming off back surgery. He had barely seen the field his rookie year. Multiple scouting reports questioned his toughness and physicality. NONE of these things boded well for him did they? Yet in spite of this, did you hear me call him a failure? Did you hear me predict he'd bust? No. I stated that he was 1) quite possibly the future starter at center; 2) had the flexibility to play multiple positions on the line, and 3) that it was not fair to consider him a bust since he'd been injured his first season.

Given that going from injured and not playing at all to a pro bowl tackle in one year is almost unheard of in the NFL...are you suggesting you had some kind of inside knowledge that this is what would happen?

Or are you just another posters pretending in hindsight you "knew" something nobody else did?

footstepsfrom#27
04-27-2009, 04:32 AM
Here's an example of CBF1's brilliance. It took about 60 seconds to locate this...in a thread about the Broncos saying no to getting TO and making a run at Reggie Wayne instead, CBF1 makes his case for TO by giving us this brilliant opinion on the 3 time pro bowler:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=950989

Reggie Wayne is a solid #2 WR, He does not have the size or speed that I would like to see on the Broncos. Wayne is always lined up against the "weaker" corner because he has Marvin Harrison on the other side... I am sure you all know who Harrison is. Denver already has the likes of Watts and Lelie and NO real threat that a top WR like Terrel Owens would bring.
If anyone here thinks that Wayne vs TO is even close in talent, must think Tatum Bell is the next coming of Terrell Davis.
Note that the original poster (TDmvp) never said Wayne was as good as TO, only that he was a better option because because he's "younger and less of a moron", a perfectly legitimate point. So while CBF1 falls back on the obvious, that Wayne is the #2 reciever...he then says Wayne is a #2 reciever whose only good because Harrison is opposite him.

Riggghhhtttt...

In the next 3 seasons Wayne then catches 272 passes for nearly 4,000 yards and 25 TD's. Oh yeah...in 2007 with Harrison out of the lineup for 11 games, this "#2 receiver" caught 104 passes for 1510 yards and 10 TD's.

CBF1...is not exactly a brainiac.

The Joker
04-27-2009, 04:37 AM
Hopefully Harris' back can hold up, I do agree that it's a concern as back injuries tend to linger.

Hopefully Tyler Polumbus will be up to the task if asked to step in.

Broncoman13
04-27-2009, 05:00 AM
I personally think he's our RT for the next decade with Clady, Kuper, Hamilton and Holland filling out the best OL we've had since the SB years.

At the least, he could be a capable backup OT which is extremely valuable in today's NFL. Certainly you'd like your 3rd rounders to be on the field (which I believe Harris will be soon), by OL and DL are positions where you can never have enough talent.

THIS is why Montrose is one of the most valuable members of the OM! Preach on brother! I can't wait to hit some camps with you this year.

Broncoman13
04-27-2009, 05:11 AM
In fairness Harris isn't out of the injury woods yet. He's had one season completely lost to a bad back, and another where he was completely healthy. He could just as easily have his back flair up again and be lost for much of the '09 season. I hope like all hell that doesn't happen, but back problems tend to not just go away.

And I know playing thread Jesus is sometimes a good way to make a point, but it does come off pretty damn dickish, just an FYI. If anyone on here was right with any true regularity they'd probably be working in the industry, not talking about those who do on a message board.

You and Montrose are right on a pretty regular basis. What gives..... Coach? ;D

Broncoman13
04-27-2009, 05:14 AM
Here's an example of CBF1's brilliance. It took about 60 seconds to locate this...in a thread about the Broncos saying no to getting TO and making a run at Reggie Wayne instead, CBF1 makes his case for TO by giving us this brilliant opinion on the 3 time pro bowler:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=950989

Note that the original poster (TDmvp) never said Wayne was as good as TO, only that he was a better option because because he's "younger and less of a moron", a perfectly legitimate point. So while CBF1 falls back on the obvious, that Wayne is the #2 reciever...he then says Wayne is a #2 reciever whose only good because Harrison is opposite him.

Riggghhhtttt...

In the next 3 seasons Wayne then catches 272 passes for nearly 4,000 yards and 25 TD's. Oh yeah...in 2007 with Harrison out of the lineup for 11 games, this "#2 receiver" caught 104 passes for 1510 yards and 10 TD's.

Ouch... I bet you can't pull up something like that on me!!! ;D

(Fyi, if you search Oskie and Watts together it should take you about 3 seconds to find 100 funny posts!!!)

You can do this with anyone on here. My buddy Med, who is as knowledgeable as they come had quite the 'woody' for Josh Gattis and Jarvis Moss. It happens.

Atwater His Ass
04-27-2009, 05:15 AM
He

Well duh. He's just a message board drone that likes the bandwagon thought of the day. No more no less.

footstepsfrom#27
04-27-2009, 05:28 AM
You can do this with anyone on here. My buddy Med, who is as knowledgeable as they come had quite the 'woody' for Josh Gattis and Jarvis Moss. It happens.
My point exactly.

The MVPlaya
04-27-2009, 05:30 AM
The point here is that it is from lex... the ultimate loser. It happens to everyone...even Kiper moreso than anyone else but I'm not surprised either because the more predictions he makes, the more he's prone to be wrong and completely wrong.

Beantown Bronco
04-27-2009, 05:53 AM
You say people know little for criticizing picks but in actuality people have been right a lot for criticizing a lot of picks from 99-2005...and even a couple after that.

If you criticized EVERY pick made by every team since 1999, you'd be right more than you'd be wrong. So yes, I think it's fair to assume those types of people know little. They're simply playing the odds.

Eldorado
04-27-2009, 05:59 AM

Do the economic theory thing again. I forgot how it works.

oubronco
04-27-2009, 06:04 AM
That is why u give a few years before u grade the draft picks. I remember the sports writers down here in PHX were just trashing the D. Dockett pick years ago and now look at the guy, he's a beast.

exactly why some of us on here wanted them to at least take D-Line in the second day

montrose
04-27-2009, 06:36 AM
THIS is why Montrose is one of the most valuable members of the OM! Preach on brother! I can't wait to hit some camps with you this year.

Thanks!

barryr
04-27-2009, 06:54 AM
And good chance if Smith becomes the CB the Broncos think, those that objected to the pick and wanted a DL instead who is flipping hamburgers in a couple years will pretend they loved it from day one.

footstepsfrom#27
04-27-2009, 07:02 AM
And good chance if Smith becomes the CB the Broncos think, those that objected to the pick and wanted a DL instead who is flipping hamburgers in a couple years will pretend they loved it from day one.
It's not the pick, it's what they gave up for the pick. They could have easily moved up 7 spots and thrown in a 3rd rounder instead of sacrificing a shot at a potential top 10 pick next year.

What possible logic could you offer that makes that a less attractive option?

Polster60
04-27-2009, 07:10 AM
Footsteps its not about McD wanting to move up from one of our current selections which would have required only an extra 3rd., but it was about getting extra second round picks on top of the current selections they already had. McD wanted multiple picks in the second in order to grab all the players he felt he needed to get in this draft that fit our system and can compete immediately.

barryr
04-27-2009, 07:17 AM
It's not the pick, it's what they gave up for the pick. They could have easily moved up 7 spots and thrown in a 3rd rounder instead of sacrificing a shot at a potential top 10 pick next year.

What possible logic could you offer that makes that a less attractive option?

So you were in on the phone conversation to know that was a possibility?

footstepsfrom#27
04-27-2009, 07:22 AM
So you were in on the phone conversation to know that was a possibility?
We're talking about 7 spots here.

They had two 3rds...are you telling me they couldn't find a team to take two 3rds to move up 7 spots? That would be a major price to pay. Think about it...are you actually telling me that moving up 7 spots in the 2nd round was not possible withoug giving up that pick? I understand loyalty to a guy you think is going to win...but can you at least acknoledge the fact that teams move up in each round every year and generally what they sacrifice is nothing but an additional pick in the next round.

Tell me you're not this stupid that you actually believe this idiocy.

Popps
12-02-2009, 10:07 PM
Seriously, between his back and his inability to keep on weight, and the fact that we just drafted Clady makes the Harris experiment seem like a big waste of time. Does anyone really see him suited for anything but LT?

:thumbs:

Killericon
12-02-2009, 10:12 PM
Lex is like the new Bob. More in terms of our(Popps') obsession with him, but he is a pretty bad troll.

atomicbloke
12-02-2009, 10:41 PM
Are people's lives so empty that they feel need to massage their ego's on a football message board of all places?

HAT
12-02-2009, 10:50 PM
Lex is like the new Bob. More in terms of our(Popps') obsession with him, but he is a pretty bad troll.

Has Boob ever posted a pic of himself humping a lobster while Tommy Lee Jones was watching? :yayaya:

Killericon
12-02-2009, 11:23 PM
Are people's lives so empty that they feel need to massage their ego's on a football message board of all places?

Are you new to the internet or something?

lex
12-03-2009, 12:14 AM
:thumbs:

Ryan Harris is similar to Ryan Torain and countless other injury guys we've taken. If youre going to say taking a risk on Harris was sound, then youre making an argument for the taking the other guys, also with injury problems, who didnt work out.

But, thats a little too abstract for you and the rest of the lowest common demoninator element.

broncocalijohn
12-03-2009, 12:18 AM
Wow! This wasnt bumped first by Popps but 2nd page is from exactly one year later from when Lex started the thread. There are way better threads to bump but this one got interesting. I want slam lex for sticking his neck out on Harris. I just think Lex had no idea he could play the other side of Clady. I think some of the other posts were more interesting. It is Popps job to slam Lex. As long as he finds old threads, it wont get old for him....and for us to read "new" material.

BroncoMan4ever
12-03-2009, 12:24 AM
Ryan Harris is similar to Ryan Torain and countless other injury guys we've taken. If youre going to say taking a risk on Harris was sound, then youre making an argument for the taking the other guys, also with injury problems, who didnt work out.

But, thats a little too abstract for you and the rest of the lowest common demoninator element.

are you seriously comparing one of the best young RT in the game and a major piece of our offensive line to a RB that played 1/2 of a game for us?

i understand the point you are trying to make about risks in taking guys with injury histories, but if you are going to do it, you need to make the comparison comparable. an important piece of our line and a pro bowl talent and a guy with a 1/2 games worth of NFL work is a ****ty comparison.

lex
12-03-2009, 12:25 AM

This. And I just made a similar post a few moments ago. Where's the big controversy? Im not really seeing any kind of traction that would justify the chestpounding or whatever it is poops is doing.

Popps
12-03-2009, 12:27 AM

True.

I mean, your track record clearly shows you to be on another intellectual plane.

Hilarious!

lex
12-03-2009, 12:28 AM
are you seriously comparing one of the best young RT in the game and a major piece of our offensive line to a RB that played 1/2 of a game for us?

i understand the point you are trying to make about risks in taking guys with injury histories, but if you are going to do it, you need to make the comparison comparable. an important piece of our line and a pro bowl talent and a guy with a 1/2 games worth of NFL work is a ****ty comparison.

LOL...wow.

lex
12-03-2009, 12:32 AM
True.

I mean, your track record clearly shows you to be on another intellectual plane.

True. Youll have to tell me more about it on your way to picking up your father of the year award.

Broncoman13
12-03-2009, 04:38 AM
And I was going to blast Popps for being a stalker... then Lex opens his mouth and tries to defend his original thoughts on Harris. What a dip-dong. Popps and Lex are perfect for each other.

Flex Gunmetal
12-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Hey lex how many games did harris miss last year?

~Crash~
12-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Wow! This wasnt bumped first by Popps but 2nd page is from exactly one year later from when Lex started the thread. There are way better threads to bump but this one got interesting. I want slam lex for sticking his neck out on Harris. I just think Lex had no idea he could play the other side of Clady. I think some of the other posts were more interesting. It is Popps job to slam Lex. As long as he finds old threads, it wont get old for him....and for us to read "new" material.

well its all good but what lex should do is pull some of popps stuff on Cutler I bet there is some damn fine stuff.

Popps
12-03-2009, 12:28 PM
well its all good but what lex should do is pull some of popps stuff on Cutler I bet there is some damn fine stuff.

Absolutely. Pull away.

I compared his arm-strength to Dan Marino early on. I think he's got Hall of Fame physical tools. Said it many times.

Conversely, you might be disappointed. I was one of the first ones to question his mechanics and demeanor.

So, it sort of depends on what you'd hope to find.

McDman
12-03-2009, 02:39 PM
What ever happened to Montrose? Isn't he the one who had the melt down when his girlfriend broke up with him?

Popps
12-03-2009, 03:05 PM
What ever happened to Montrose? Isn't he the one who had the melt down when his girlfriend broke up with him?

He took a personal break. Place made him nutty, he said. Too bad, he was a great poster.

It never seems that the ****ty posters leave. How great would it be to come in and see that Lex or Bob were announcing their forum retirement?

Florida_Bronco
12-03-2009, 04:25 PM
He took a personal break. Place made him nutty, he said. Too bad, he was a great poster.

It never seems that the ****ty posters leave. How great would it be to come in and see that Lex or Bob were announcing their forum retirement?

We've lost quite a few good posters over the years, and many more are posting with less frequency. It's a real shame, but it's happening because Taco lets it keep happening.

McDman
12-03-2009, 04:39 PM

Was he the one that had the epic thread about his girl breaking up with him? I love threads like those.

And to be fair, as someone else pointed out, Bob and Lex are different kinds of posters. Bob actually has some entertainment value to his posts and I think sometimes some of his are just satire to be trolling/funny. I've actually laughed at some of Bob's threads.

Lex just gets hateful and mean.