PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs draft day 1 is gonna be hard to top.

easymobee
04-27-2008, 01:29 AM
1a. Ryan Sims
1b. Trezelle Jenkins
2. William Bartee

I'm afraid that Carl P. is somehow going to get his "bust" searching all out of his system in one weekend rather than spreading it out over an entire decade as we have previously been conditioned to expect.

Here's to hoping.

wolf754life
04-27-2008, 01:31 AM
the chiefs had an outstanding day............much better than ours........

Blueflame
04-27-2008, 01:33 AM

Perhaps you'd like it better if we'd given away Champ Bailey for a handful of draft picks? ???

Kaylore
04-27-2008, 01:35 AM
Perhaps you'd like it better if we'd given away Champ Bailey for a handful of draft picks? ???

That's pretty much what they did except it would be Bailey at 26 with some DUI's.

easymobee
04-27-2008, 01:41 AM
This thread is just meant to curse the Chiefs. I think Glenn Dorsey is a good DT and if he had gone almost anywhere else he would have a great career (ARZ excluded) , but i think that due to CP's "kiss of death" we could be looking at Ryan Sims 2.0.

ZONA
04-27-2008, 01:50 AM
That's pretty much what they did except it would be Bailey at 26 with some DUI's.

No doubt. That's all I kept telling myself when the panel was just talking about how great the picks were for the chiefs and what an awesome job they did. Gee, let's trade Bailey for a mid 1st rounder and say we landed Mendenhall along with our new LT. Then everybody would be saying how great we did. IMHO, Dorsey is gonna be a very good DT but Allen was a very good DE, which has more value. Our LT is better then who they picked up I think so they did okay. Nothing spectacular I don't think. They actually are gonna miss all those sacks. I don't see who they have who can put pressure on the QB. Dorsey, in year 1, I don't think so. Even so, it's easy to chip and help on a DT instead of a DE.

TomServo
04-27-2008, 02:50 AM
isnt that the point of the draft? the crappier your team is, the better draft pics you have?

TomServo
04-27-2008, 02:50 AM
and the chiefs have been so obviously crappy

StuPedaso
04-27-2008, 02:54 AM
Granted our AFC West foe had a good day one.

What they failed to wrap-up this past week and lost in FA conditions the choices made. Not sure Perterson has it wrapped as much as he sure seems bent on proving he is in charge.

Seems the CAP is more the determinant than the excessive moves of the GM and he and therefore they will subject to one man's ego far more than we.

Our picks are more in-line with our needs. Cheifs can do as they please. Our picks better serve OUR needs than their's support theirs.

KCStud
04-27-2008, 03:03 AM
Ryan Sims only looked good because Julius Peppers made him look good. On paper this looks like KC's best draft since 1996.

KC has had the best draft by far, but they also needed a great draft. Denver didn't.
What's even better is that KC has THREE 3rd round picks and there is a ton of great players left!

Ugly Duck
04-27-2008, 03:06 AM
Our picks better serve OUR needs than their's support theirs.

Why? The Chiefs need everything. Any good players would fit their needs....

Blueflame
04-27-2008, 03:18 AM
Ryan Sims only looked good because Julius Peppers made him look good. On paper this looks like KC's best draft since 1996.

KC has had the best draft by far, but they also needed a great draft. Denver didn't.
What's even better is that KC has THREE 3rd round picks and there is a ton of great players left!

...and all it cost you was your best player....

cutthemdown
04-27-2008, 03:26 AM
cheifs draft looks good on paper but one of these picks has to be an all pro at his position just to match what Allen brought to the table. Let's not forget Cheifs lost there best football player on defense to get those extra picks. If the picks don't hit watch out. Dorsey has to be an all pro then they are even.

Cito Pelon
04-27-2008, 03:45 AM
KC did a pretty good job, I hate to say. KC is gonna be a force in the AFC W for a few years to come. Denver is gonna be hard pressed to win the AFC W title for the next 5 years. I think Denver won't win the AFC W title again until 2015. Jeez, I'm a jerk, but there we are.

alanm
04-27-2008, 03:47 AM
cheifs draft looks good on paper but one of these picks has to be an all pro at his position just to match what Allen brought to the table. Let's not forget Cheifs lost there best football player on defense to get those extra picks. If the picks don't hit watch out. Dorsey has to be an all pro then they are even.

As much as I hated to see Allen go. That feeling was replaced by Dorsey falling to them at 5. He's going to command double teams freeing up what ever DE replaces Allen. Brandon Alberts is certainly the best guard in the draft. There going to slide him over to LT and McIntosh will play RT. Waters and Alberts will make LJ happy once again. And Brandon Flowers as well with their 2nd.
Now if they can grab Carl Nicks with one of their 3rds I'll be ecstatic.

I thought you guys had a pretty decent day as well. :)

rovolution
04-27-2008, 03:59 AM
As much as I hated to see Allen go. That feeling was replaced by Dorsey falling to them at 5. He's going to command double teams freeing up what ever DE replaces Allen. Brandon Alberts is certainly the best guard in the draft. There going to slide him over to LT and McIntosh will play RT. Waters and Alberts will make LJ happy once again. And Brandon Flowers as well with their 2nd.
Now if they can grab Carl Nicks with one of their 3rds I'll be ecstatic.

I thought you guys had a pretty decent day as well. :)

do you think LJs body can handle another 400+ carry season?

I think LJs best days are behind him. Once you hit the 400+ in a single season, you never come back IMO

fdf
04-27-2008, 04:10 AM

Are you counting losing the best DE in pro football in that first day?

SlipperyPete
04-27-2008, 04:19 AM
Dorsey is gonna be a very good DT but Allen was a very good DE, which has more value.
Is that a serious question? A good DT is more valuable. By far. Hell, Allen was a 4th round pick. So was Dumervil. You can find good DEs. How many top DTs are there in the league? If they were easy to come by, we wouldn't keep signing and trading for castoffs in the hopes of finding one.

Dorsey is an absolute freak. I hoped like hell the Falcons would take him, because I didn't want him anywhere near the AFC West.

KCStud
04-27-2008, 04:35 AM
...and all it cost you was your best player....

That may be, but KC got the better end of the deal. I would rather shell out less money total to BOTH Glenn Dorsey and Branden Albert than pay Jared Allen the biggest contract a defensive lineman has ever gotten

KCStud
04-27-2008, 04:39 AM
No doubt. That's all I kept telling myself when the panel was just talking about how great the picks were for the chiefs and what an awesome job they did. Gee, let's trade Bailey for a mid 1st rounder and say we landed Mendenhall along with our new LT. Then everybody would be saying how great we did. IMHO, Dorsey is gonna be a very good DT but Allen was a very good DE, which has more value. Our LT is better then who they picked up I think so they did okay. Nothing spectacular I don't think. They actually are gonna miss all those sacks. I don't see who they have who can put pressure on the QB. Dorsey, in year 1, I don't think so. Even so, it's easy to chip and help on a DT instead of a DE.

Nowhere close to being true. You see DE's like Jared Allen, Elvis Dumeriville, Mark Anderson et,c being stud DE's that aren't drafted in the first round. There are far more dominant DE's than there are DT's.

Blueflame
04-27-2008, 04:42 AM
That may be, but KC got the better end of the deal. I would rather shell out less money total to BOTH Glenn Dorsey and Branden Albert than pay Jared Allen the biggest contract a defensive lineman has ever gotten

If either one of those players winds up being successful in the NFL, you will end up paying them well, too. Or like Allen, you'll see them in a different uniform.

StuPedaso
04-27-2008, 04:53 AM
Why? The Chiefs need everything. Any good players would fit their needs....

Lepsis=gone, Clady HERE
WR signing spree Here= drafted potentially impactful Wide Out AND a Special Teams "likely" up-grade...SPEED

OUR picks answered our needs better n Cheifs

chrisp
04-27-2008, 05:33 AM
I really don't think its wise to start mocking another teams' picks before training camp has even started.....once the draft is over we'll all have to wait and see.

As for comparing the contribution of Dorsey to the contirbution Allen WOULD HAVE made if he was still there, you have to look at 2-3 years from now, not next season. That's certainly what the Cheifs were thinking about when they pulled the trigger. If the 2010 season sees Dorsey in the pro-bowl and Allen getting 7 sacks then you have to agree they did the right thing.

The only thing I take some heart from is that the Cheifs appear to be at least a year or two behind us in their rebuilding program, and they don't have anything like the quarteback we have have to build the new team around......

Drek
04-27-2008, 07:52 AM
Nowhere close to being true. You see DE's like Jared Allen, Elvis Dumeriville, Mark Anderson et,c being stud DE's that aren't drafted in the first round. There are far more dominant DE's than there are DT's.

Well, it depends if Dorsey is dominant at the pro level or not.

He's basically got to be Warren Sapp minus the personality issues, not just some run stopper who occasionally generates pressure, thats a damn tall order.

The talent is there, but DTs are probably the single hardest position to transition to the pros because so many of them live off superior talent in college. He will still need someone to take his fundamentals to the next level, and he needs to show that he isn't too undersized for larger NFL interior linemen.

There is also the big injury question with him. He played through '07 with a bad hamstring, sprained knee, and sore back. On top of that the medical professionals at the combine spotted a calcium deposit of some kind in one of his legs form a previous injury as well.

Next KC took Albert. Great potential for, well, something OL related? I think Floyd Reese, part of ESPN's pre-draft coverage, had one of the best comments on Albert. Even Bruce Matthews, one of the best interior linemen of all time, wasn't capable of moving out to LT. Its a tall order and is something that normally occurs in the opposite direction. I'd be surprised if Albert can do it and be a standout at OT. Now if KC doesn't force him into that role and just puts him where he can be productive (probably at OG) he'll be a very good pickup.

Brandon Flowers has everything you want in a CB except for his 4.55 speed. We'll have to see if that becomes an issue at the pro level. I believe Herm has installed the Tampa Cover 2 defense though which helps mitigate speed needs for CB by relying heavily on zone. If thats true then Flowers could be a solid #2 CB for a good while.

The Chiefs got some good value, but there are question marks about what they'll do with it. Can they finally take a DT to the next level technically? Are they going to tinker with Albert too much and wind up with another Gallery or will they just let him do what he already does best? Will they utilize Flowers in coverage packages that protect him from having his lack of speed used against him?

Wabbit had a good comment on this in one of the Royal threads. It was that Herm is a great guy to draft talent, but not so great at coaching it. He's going to be put to the test here. He's gotten some nice prospects and is going to get a few more early today, but he's got to do something with them for once in his career.

Darkhawk24
04-27-2008, 09:47 AM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. The Dorsey pick had nothing to do with trading Allen. You earned that #5 pick with Allen on your team. If I recall Allen also was trying to work a contract out with the Chiefs last year witch would of been no doubt much cheaper... Thank god that didn't happen could you imagine a DL with Allen, Dorsey, and Hall on it?

I'll take KC with a good looking Guard who you hope can move over tackle and a few third rounders instead of Allen please.

broncos-rock
04-27-2008, 09:52 AM
The queffs still do not have a qb and whiffed bigtime when they passed up Brohm. I like the other picks but those are hard to screw up when you have 2 picks in the top 15. The best part is they got rid of a known quanity for unknown players it is exactly like whats been mentioned getting rid of bailey for a pick somethings thats unknown and has a high rate of failure. They will still be picking in the top 10 again next year!

27atwater
04-27-2008, 09:57 AM
Dorsey is a stud.

Albert is the guy who the "experts" used to justify charging people for their INSIDER subscriptions. Seriously, if the names and rankings don't change, who will continue to subscribe. Albert will be average at best. They reached on 2 below average CBs.

kmartin575
04-27-2008, 10:05 AM
Dorsey is a stud.

Albert is the guy who the "experts" used to justify charging people for their INSIDER subscriptions. Seriously, if the names and rankings don't change, who will continue to subscribe. Albert will be average at best. They reached on 2 below average CBs.

LMAO

DenverBrit
04-27-2008, 10:08 AM

Why don't you become a chiefs fan.

The IQ in both fan bases would improve.

Inkana7
04-27-2008, 10:21 AM
Gotta give them their due. They had a good day one. I was never too impressed with Flowers, and Albert has a good chance to bust if moved to LT, but really, they had a great day 1.

easymobee
03-06-2009, 12:18 AM

This is out of left field and totally random, but just a friendly reminder that the draft is near and please don't freak out if our draft doesn't look sexy on paper. Clady = All Pro LT, if the draft was redone, he would be top 2 and well ahead of Jake Long. 2nd rounder being Eddie Royal, everyones 4th or 5th choice for WR in that spot (if that).

Can't wait for the draft!

I have to say that I do wish that Shanahan was still here, he was really coming around with his drafting. Even the "weak" recent class gave us a 10 yr RT (Harris), a good cog on the DL (Thomas) a DE/OLB that I think will work out (Moss) and a total waste (Crowder). I know I'm in the minority on Jarvis, but I've seen his burst and he can close 5 yards before a QB can get the ball cocked if the stars and planets are just right.

Doggcow
03-06-2009, 12:23 AM
This is out of left field and totally random, but just a friendly reminder that the draft is near and please don't freak out if our draft doesn't look sexy on paper. Clady = All Pro LT, if the draft was redone, he would be top 2 and well ahead of Jake Long. 2nd rounder being Eddie Royal, everyones 4th or 5th choice for WR in that spot (if that).

Can't wait for the draft!

Holy ****, owned in the face so bad. ROFL!

God thats a good burn.

barryr
03-06-2009, 07:03 AM
Looks like that Chief draft wasn't so good afterall to say the least. Having some high picks obviously doesn't automatically mean having a great draft if you end up drafting a bunch of stiffs.

Dukes
03-06-2009, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the bump. Wolf continues to look like a total jack@ss

SportinOne
03-06-2009, 08:03 AM
In defense of the players they happened to draft... they are playing for the Chiefs now so i don't see how anyone could really fault them for not being pro bowlers in year one. The Chiefs could start to get a lot better and fast if some of these picks start to come around. Hopefully, though, it will be like the Cleveland Browns. That one magical, almost there, season and then complete failure on all fronts.

ohiobronco2
03-06-2009, 08:30 AM
I would say that wolf is retarded, but that is an insult to those with disabilities.

crazyhorse
03-06-2009, 08:35 AM
It's a little early to judge the draft. However, if you did have to judge the Chiefs draft after a single season, there were several encouraging players.

ZONA
03-06-2009, 09:43 AM
All I'm hoping for is that we get lucky and one of the DL players we draft turns out to be a stud. We haven't had a bad ass on the line since Trevor Pryce.

easymobee
09-12-2010, 02:07 AM

LOLzzzz

Turns out KCs draft did suck.

Flowers is a little better than Bartee, but noone notices because he is wearing a Ronald McDonald clown suit every Sunday.

Bob's your Information Minister
09-12-2010, 02:22 AM
Flowers is one of the best young corners in the entire league. You're ignorant if you think otherwise.

Dorsey, Albert, Charles, Flowers...the 08 draft was a home run. And now it looks like Barry Richardson will pan out at RT.

easymobee
09-12-2010, 02:43 AM
Flowers is one of the best young corners in the entire league. You're ignorant if you think otherwise.

Dorsey, Albert, Charles, Flowers...the 08 draft was a home run. And now it looks like Barry Richardson will pan out at RT.

Ill give you Charles, even though he's only been good for 8 games ever. Even Barry Foster has more superstardom than that.

Flowers only looks good cause noone ever has to throw past the 2nd quarter to beat the chiefs. My 2nd graders team has a guy that plays CB, he's seen 4 passes all year and given up no catches. I think I saw some scouts from USC and Florida on the sideline last Saturday.

Albert sucks ....maybe you can talk me into mediocre.

Dorsey and his hype are performing as well as Emtman without the injury excuse to fall back on.

The last guy you mentioned, I've never heard of, but I'm assuming he's the lead singer for 3 dog night.

Ps. You are lucky Trent Edwards exists, or else your team would have the crappiest starting qb alive, despite the grades he might choose to give himself.

DivineBronco
09-12-2010, 02:45 AM
hehe.............bumping is fun

easymobee
09-12-2010, 02:50 AM
Bob I always put my red shoes on (to clown you) I don't know why you always come back for more.

What are you gonna do? Make fun of the Broncos for only winning 8 games a yr? You know that it takes the chiefs 32-37 games to do that.

gunns
09-12-2010, 05:59 AM
I remember a few years ago giving Oakland props for their draft and thinking they'd be back in the mix with it. The year they took Gallery. I say we give props to the opposing AFC West teams draft every year. It seems to be a wonderful curse.

Bob's your Information Minister
09-12-2010, 08:06 AM
Mobee, Flowers was among the league leaders in passes defensed last year. Pro Football Focus had him as one of their highest rated CBs.

The guy had 5 INT with hardly any pass rush supporting him, playing on a defense that couldn't stop the run. Think about that for a second.

broncogary
09-12-2010, 08:11 AM
Mobee, Flowers was among the league leaders in passes defensed last year. Pro Football Focus had him as one of their highest rated CBs.

The guy had 5 INT with hardly any pass rush supporting him, playing on a defense that couldn't stop the run. Think about that for a second.

And when did they draft all those young DL? Ha!

gyldenlove
09-12-2010, 09:49 AM

Cromartie and Deltha Oneal both had 10 interception seasons, but if you get targeted 2000 times a game it is not that hard to come up with a few. Flowers wouldn't even start on most other teams.

Broncos_OTM
09-12-2010, 11:46 AM

Sweet ... However your high first rounders are not producing as they should...