PDA

View Full Version : SURVIVOR V: "Hotrod is not the master of the stupid" - Final vote time!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Old Dude
03-05-2008, 11:01 AM
Welcome to Survivor V.

http://www.musicalwindchimes.com/art/hi-res-windchime-photos/hanging-chau-gong-hcgong.jpg

Going ... going ... Gong.

------------------------------------------
First, let's meet our 34 fearless contestants:
------------------------------------------

Team Orange Dragon

http://www.webweaver.nu/clipart/img/fantasy/dragons/dragon-orange.gif

24champbailey
ApaOps5
BMFBronco
Bronco Yoda
cbs1177
Conklin
Dagmar
DBroncos4life
Falconer
Hotrod
Jens1893
minibronco
Momof2littlebroncos
Punisher
TheDave
Tribster
TD30

Dang, what a lineup!

And in this corner .....

Team Blue Tiger

http://bluetigerathletics.homestead.com/files/4.0_Blue_Tiger_Head_Black.JPG

Anubis
Bizzybone7
Broncobiv
CBF1
claviculasolomonis
Crushaholic
Dark_hawk
DomCasual
Gunns
JCMElway
Majik
missingnumber7
MrPeepers
smalltowngrll
TheSportsGuru
VanceJohnson82
OSKIE!!!

THE RULES

Rule #1: I make the rules and may adjust any or all of them at any time in my exclusive and unreviewable discretion for whatever reason I want.

Rule #2: I will announce, in this thread, any special rules that apply in any given round. This is really the only thread that the participants need to focus on. Spectators (non-participants) are more than welcome to post insightful comments, speculation, analysis or taunts on the thread.

Rule #3: Unless the rules for a particular round state otherwise, each player on each team gets ONE vote per round. That vote may not be split into fractions. ONE vote. Period. In order to make your vote, send it to me in a private message. Feel free to add any editorial comments you desire. Please put the word "Vote" somewhere in the PM caption.

Rule #4: Unless otherwise specified, every "living" (ie not eliminated) player MUST file a "legal" vote every round. For the first 6 rounds, everyone gets one "mulligan" which you should save for an emergency. In other words, each of you is entitled to "miss" one (and only one) vote somewhere in the first 6 rounds. If you miss two votes in the first six rounds you are OUT.

Rule #5: As a general rule, we will have 5 votes per week, all of them usually due by Noon, Denver time, Monday through Friday. Each round will last roughly 24 hours, and you can PM me your vote at any time during that round. In an extreme case, I will allow players to file a vote ONE ROUND in advance, but this is at your own risk, because if you pick a target that turns out to be illegal, that's a "missed vote."

Rule #6: In your vote, you must clearly name and specify your "target." I do not accept "indefinite" votes for things like "whoever has the votes from the most other people" or "whoever George votes for" or "whoever voted against me last round", etc.

Rule #7: You may not vote for yourself. Nor may you vote against any player who has IMMUNITY for that particular round.

Rule #8: You may not vote for a non-player (such as the Mole, or Taco John, or Barrack Obama.) Nor may you vote for someone who has been kicked off the island, to kick him even further off.

Rule #9: After the votes are all in (or after the deadline for the round expires) I will publish the results on this thread, including who voted for who. There may be an exception - - called a blackout round - - when only the results, but not the breakdown will be published. Any such blackouts will be announced at the start of the round.

Rule #10: For Rounds ONE THROUGH FIVE, you may only cast your vote against a member of the opposing team. This means if you are on The Orange Dragon Team, you can only cast your vote against a member of the Blue Tiger Team. If you are a member of the Blue Tiger Team, you can only cast your vote against a member of the Orange Dragon Team. This may continue for a long time. All I'm saying now is that this is definitely the rule for Rounds ONE THROUGH FIVE.

Rule #11: I will generally NOT reveal anything about the status of an ongoing vote until all the votes are in or until the deadline expires. I might chuckle and chortle or make cryptic & misleading remarks. I might sometimes "leak" out information or "clues" about upcoming rounds (rules changes) to the Mole, or to any poster who is sufficiently entertaining on the main thread. Information is power. Watch your REP boxes.

Rule #12: Tiebreakers. Until further notice, in order to determine who got the "most votes" and the second-most, etc. the following will apply:

(a) a player who has missed a vote will be considered a higher vote-getter than one who hasn't.

(b) the number of prior votes against a player. A player who has a lot of votes against him from previous rounds will be considered to be a higher vote-getter, for purposes of breaking ties, than one who has received fewer prior votes.

(c) the first player to have received a vote against him/her in that particular round will be considered a higher vote getter, for tie breaking purposes, than one whose first adverse vote was received by me later on.

Sometimes it is good to be the highest vote-getter; sometimes NOT.

In Rounds ONE through FIVE (at least) the highest vote-getter on each team will STAY in the game. In addition, they will be awarded IMMUNITY against votes on the following round. The second-place vote getters on each team will be destroyed, eliminated, kicked off the island, etc., etc.

The Specific Rules for ROUND ONE will be posted by me on this thread on Friday, March 7. The deadline for ROUND ONE Voting will be Noon, Denver Time, Monday, March 10.*

Play nice and have a good time.

* Edit: Please be aware that Daylight Savings Time goes into effect over the weekend, so that all clocks in Denver will be moved up one hour between now and the 10th.

Northman
03-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Looking forward to it. :)

TheDave
03-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Sometimes it is good to be the highest vote-getter; sometimes NOT.

In Rounds ONE through FIVE (at least) the highest vote-getter on each team will STAY in the game. In addition, they will be awarded IMMUNITY against votes on the following round. The second-place vote getters on each team will be destroyed, eliminated, kicked off the island, etc., etc.

The Specific Rules for ROUND ONE will be posted by me on this thread on Friday, March 7. The deadline for ROUND ONE Voting will be Noon, Denver Time, Monday, March 10.

Play nice and have a good time.

Well that ****ing throws a wrench in the works... God you suck.

Hotrod
03-05-2008, 11:12 AM
I've already voted

Northman
03-05-2008, 11:14 AM
I've already voted

Told you to leave me alone Dortoh. Dont make me get medieval this early in the game. Ha!

TheDave
03-05-2008, 11:17 AM
Can i vote OD off the reservation?

P.S. Anubis stop asking is i will "Play Nunchucks" with you... ya' sick bastard

Northman
03-05-2008, 11:19 AM
Can i vote OD off the reservation?

P.S. Anubis stop asking is i will "Play Nunchucks" with you... ya' sick bastard

Nunchucks? pffft. We are going to duel using baby spoons. :wiggle:

Ratboy
03-05-2008, 11:21 AM
This should be fun.. (I hope)

BroncoBuff
03-05-2008, 11:21 AM
To everybody I promised for a year that I'd do this ... I'm sorry, but we're moving these next few weeks. Wasn't Survivor in the summer last year? hmmm...

So the mystery of Survivor will have to wait another year I guess.... :(

On the bright side, the move is to a highrise in downtown with a view of the sound and Space Needle. I'll post pictures. Survive THAT, you monkeys!

Jens1893
03-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Survivor was played in March also last year.

missingnumber7
03-05-2008, 11:22 AM
This should be even more interesting than the yeti flamethrowing rounds.

missingnumber7
03-05-2008, 11:23 AM
To everybody I promised for a year that I'd do this ... I'm sorry, but we're moving these next few weeks. Wasn't Survivor in the summer last year? hmmm...

So the mystery of Survivor will have to wait another year I guess.... :(

On the bright side, the move is to a highrise in downtown with a view of the sound and Space Needle. I'll post pictures. Survive THAT, you monkeys!

There have been 2 "seasons" of survivor both the last two years I believe.

Jens1893
03-05-2008, 11:24 AM
There have been 2 "seasons" of survivor both the last two years I believe.

This is the fifth edition actually.

BroncoBuff
03-05-2008, 11:25 AM
Survivor was played in March also last year.
Oh.

Well enjoy yourselves. As always, I'm open to whatever bribery schemes you might propose, to give my ... what was it, stick? WTF was that thing everybody wanted?

Hotrod
03-05-2008, 11:27 AM
Told you to leave me alone Dortoh. Dont make me get medieval this early in the game. Ha!

Your safe for now I voted for Oskie

Arkansas Bronco
03-05-2008, 11:27 AM
[B]

Rule #11: I will generally NOT reveal anything about the status of an ongoing vote until all the votes are in or until the deadline expires. I might chuckle and chortle or make cryptic & misleading remarks. I might sometimes "leak" out information or "clues" about upcoming rounds (rules changes) to the Mole, or to any poster who is sufficiently entertaining on the main thread. Information is power. Watch your REP boxes.

I believe we gave you a few laughs last year hope this year is equally entertaining.

TheDave
03-05-2008, 11:29 AM
I can't take this anymore....... ****!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jens1893
03-05-2008, 11:31 AM
I can't take this anymore....... ****!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://thephoenix.com/OutsideTheFrame/content/binary/gun.jpg

Old Dude
03-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Strategy tips for newbs:

1. Information is power. Disinformation is dangerous.

2. In previous episodes of Survivor, piling on - stampedes - dogpiles - whatever you want to call them - made things a little too predictable. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out where a stampede is headed. Figuring out where the secondary stampede is going might require more intution and effort. And it unfortunately does lend itself to more backstabbing & misdirection. Just because you see a big stampede headed in one direction doesn't mean you're safe. You could be killed by as little as one or two stray, random, thoughtless votes. Make lots of friends but don't hesitate to shove them in front of the bus if things get sticky. You can always explain that you heard they were being ganged up on and just wanted to push them higher up the ladder and out of harm's way.

missingnumber7
03-05-2008, 11:46 AM
This is the fifth edition actually.

Thus 1 and 2 being 2 years ago and 3 and 4 being last year...Yup I can add.

missingnumber7
03-05-2008, 11:47 AM
Strategy tips for newbs:

2. In previous episodes of Survivor, piling on - stampedes - dogpiles - whatever you want to call them - made things a little too predictable. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out where a stampede is headed. Figuring out where the secondary stampede is going might require more intution and effort. And it unfortunately does lend itself to more backstabbing & misdirection. Just because you see a big stampede headed in one direction doesn't mean you're safe. You could be killed by as little as one or two stray, random, thoughtless votes. Make lots of friends but don't hesitate to shove them in front of the bus if things get sticky. You can always explain that you heard they were being ganged up on and just wanted to push them higher up the ladder and out of harm's way.

Or just use the game to get your post count up.

Jens1893
03-05-2008, 11:47 AM
Thus 1 and 2 being 2 years ago and 3 and 4 being last year...Yup I can add.

3 and 4 were in different years. :)

alkemical
03-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Interesting, so my vote is due on monday, right.

missingnumber7
03-05-2008, 11:48 AM
I swear we did 2 last year.

Majik
03-05-2008, 11:51 AM

I 2nd that

Old Dude
03-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Interesting, so my vote is due on monday, right.

Yup. Your first vote will be due by Noon, Monday, Denver time. FWIW, at this moment it is 9:57 am in the Mile High City so adjust your game clock accordingly.

Jens1893
03-05-2008, 11:53 AM

THREE (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=38833)

FOUR (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=53894)

Old Dude
03-05-2008, 11:53 AM
As mentioned, I will officially kick off ROUND ONE on Friday. I won't be accepting any votes until then.

Pick Six
03-05-2008, 11:54 AM
In year's past, we could see who was reading the Survivor thread at a given time. Now, we can't do that. That should make things interesting... hmmm...

Majik
03-05-2008, 11:56 AM
As mentioned, I will officially kick off ROUND ONE on Friday. I won't be accepting any votes until then.

So will I need to resend my vote then on friday?

Old Dude
03-05-2008, 11:57 AM
In year's past, we could see who was reading the Survivor thread at a given time. Now, we can't do that. That should make things interesting... hmmm...

Someone mentioned that we should disable all the PM functions for players in order to force negotiations into the open. While that would be a delightful idea, it wouldn't stop people who have previously exchanged e-mail addresses.

But you are always welcome to post other people's dirty laundry on this thread.

Arkansas Bronco
03-05-2008, 11:58 AM

no 1 and 2 were the first year I played in 3 and 4 both different years. Zombie mall was #3 and the Gangster one was last year.

Old Dude
03-05-2008, 11:59 AM
So will I need to resend my vote then on friday?

Anyone who has already mailed in their vote to me will have to do it again AFTER round ONE officially kicks off on Friday.

Too much junk in my PM box right now to sort through all of it.

alkemical
03-05-2008, 11:59 AM
Ok Blue team - Can someone fill me in on where we are going? My vote is for sale!!!!

Arkansas Bronco
03-05-2008, 12:00 PM

No because most of the vets. have there identity turned off, like mine so you still never knew.

Arkansas Bronco
03-05-2008, 12:01 PM
Ok Blue team - Can someone fill me in on where we are going? My vote is for sale!!!!

Yea you may need to get that in line allot of the orange team already knows where they are going.

alkemical
03-05-2008, 12:01 PM
No because most of the vets. have there identity turned off, like mine so you still never knew.

I just did that so "they" wouldn't know.....

Old Dude
03-05-2008, 12:03 PM
I 2nd that

Majik, you can't vote for OSKIE!!! He's a fellow-Blue Tiger.

DomCasual
03-05-2008, 12:04 PM
This should be fun.. (I hope)

Dude, what's with the new name? I don't like change. I want things to be the way they used to be.

TheDave
03-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Dude, what's with the new name? I don't like change. I want things to be the way they used to be.

Ah Foneco You...

Old Dude
03-05-2008, 12:07 PM
Former champions:

Survivor One (Sausage Island): TheDave
Survivor Two (King of the Mountain): TD30
Survivor Three (Zombie Mall): Mile Hi Shack
Survivor Four (Gangsters): TheSportsGuru

TheDave
03-05-2008, 12:08 PM
Thanks OD... Like the target wasn't big enough to begin with.

Majik
03-05-2008, 12:09 PM
Majik, you can't vote for OSKIE!!! He's a fellow-Blue Tiger.

oh :'( I'll have to rethink my plans then.

TheDave
03-05-2008, 12:11 PM
oh :'( I'll have to rethink my plans then.

Think... heh, that's funny

BMF Bronco
03-05-2008, 12:18 PM
so when is the first vote due?

Hotrod
03-05-2008, 12:19 PM
I've played before a few times and never won. I suck at this game.

Jens1893
03-05-2008, 12:20 PM
so when is the first vote due?

Monday, noon Mountain

Jens1893
03-05-2008, 12:21 PM
I've played before a few times and never won. I suck at this game.

Well, your fault if you let a stupid cruise get into the way.

Broncoman13
03-05-2008, 12:24 PM

That works out well b/c I was voting for my favorite asshat hotrod! ;D

Hotrod
03-05-2008, 12:27 PM
That works out well b/c I was voting for my favorite asshat hotrod! ;D

Gotta love the word Asshat Ha!

Think about it Oskie I would not vote for you since we have an alliance together.

Old Dude
03-05-2008, 12:27 PM
http://www.nicksherman.com/home/kaiju-someoneMustDie.jpg

Old Dude
03-05-2008, 12:32 PM
http://www.vnerr.com/news/fun/ring-in.jpg

TheDave
Personally, I think you're both asshats... just sayin'

Broncoman13
Gotta love the word Asshat Ha!

Think about it Oskie I would not vote for you since we have an alliance together.

Too much gamesmanship here... raising the flag... where's that damn BS smilely???

smalltowngrll
03-05-2008, 12:33 PM
Let the backstabbing....errrrr, scheming....errrr, plotting....errrr, bribery begin!! :slapsilly

http://www.johnsack.com/images/the_dragonhead_jacket_large.jpg

Broncoman13
Personally, I think you're both asshats... just sayin'

Naturally, it takes one to know one!

just sayin'

TheDave
http://www.uwyo.edu/CES/County_Info/LARAMIE/Beef-Sheep/sheep2.jpg

smalltowngrll
03-05-2008, 12:34 PM
Too many wolves in that picture!! Where'd all the sheep go? baaaa baaaa, here sheepy, sheepy....

TheDave
03-05-2008, 12:37 PM
ooopppsss wrong thread... sorry 'bout that.

Jens1893
03-05-2008, 12:41 PM
http://www.filmfuchs.de/bilder/i-l/killbill3.jpg

Gogo wants to play!

Dagmar
03-05-2008, 12:46 PM
http://www.superdickery.com/images/dick/1449_4_063.jpg

Dagmar
03-05-2008, 12:48 PM
It was supposed to be a kangaroo...

Hotrod
03-05-2008, 12:50 PM

LOL I'll never know cuz I aint looking

Dagmar
03-05-2008, 12:50 PM
I hope my team know, I am a family man...
http://www.hollywoodtoday.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/lewis-in-blood.jpg

Old Dude
03-05-2008, 12:51 PM

But it wasn't.

Old Dude
03-05-2008, 12:55 PM
http://bamboo-identification.co.uk/assets/images/autogen/a_orange_dragon_rev_sm.jpg

http://www.norsegodonline.com/images/blue-tiger3.jpg

Broncoman13
03-05-2008, 12:58 PM
76 and 80

Hotrod
03-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Apparently something has come up and OD wont be able to over see the first round of voting. He has asked that all votes be submitted to me until further notice.

BMF Bronco
03-05-2008, 01:29 PM
you got that email too?

alkemical
03-05-2008, 01:56 PM
http://www.ceilingcat.com/img/ceilingcat.jpg

DBroncos4life
Strategy tips for newbs:

Thanks this should help me alot....

Old Dude
The only emails I've gotten so far run along these lines ...

"...I just want to be around to rub [deleted] in it when [deleted.] Don't let me die yet."

"...How do I know who's on which team?"

"... I can't believe you're letting [deleted] get away with [deleted deleted] and we haven't even [deleted] that [deleted] Mole.

" ... too legit to quit."

"Can I have an extra vote this round if I promise not to use it against anyone?"

Old Dude
03-05-2008, 02:00 PM
And my favorite ..

"When you handing out the machine guns?"

Northman
03-05-2008, 02:05 PM
Strategy tips for newbs:

And the most important tip is Anubis always, always tells the truth and everyone else lies like a rug. :thumbs:

http://www.sheriff.co.wise.tx.us/cuffnstuff/images/Sneaky_Shark.jpg

OBF1
03-05-2008, 03:10 PM
I want to vote BroncoBuff off this thread. If you are not going to play, you should be off the thread :)

BroncoBuff
03-05-2008, 03:14 PM
I want to vote BroncoBuff off this thread. If you are not going to play, you should be off the thread :)
:( B-b-but ... I was just laughing my arse off!

Jens1893
03-05-2008, 03:16 PM

It´s all about the ratings and we don´t want TJ to cancel this show.

Blueflame
03-05-2008, 03:17 PM

Spectators (or is that "hecklers"? ;)) make the game much more fun. :D

It's all about the ratings, y'know...

Jens1893
03-05-2008, 03:19 PM
Spectators (or is that "hecklers"? ;)) make the game much more fun. :D

It's all about the ratings, y'know...

Don´t steal my line!

Arkansas Bronco
03-05-2008, 03:26 PM
Some of us...uh hecklers may be of use. Never hurts to check ;)

Old Dude
03-05-2008, 03:27 PM
From my "Lonely Hearts PM Column"

Old Dude, I have sent out PMs to several people asking for an alliance, but noone [sic] has answered except Dagmar and he told me to bug off. What am I doing wrong?

Dear [deleted]. You aren't doing anything wrong. Most players in Survivor don't read their PMs because it spoils the suspense. Or maybe they are planning to kill you, and are going to pretend later on that they never got your PM. If I were you, I'd simply write again, with a threatening caption on your PM and a list of random targets.
--------------

Old Dude, I've got this guy who keeps PMing me, asking me to be his friend and promising not to vote for me if I don't vote for him. Should I tell him that we're on the same team and he can't vote for me anyway? Or should I just accept the offer?

Dear [deleted]. The proper Survivor etiquette, in a complicated situation like this, would be to accept the offer, gain the player's confidence, ask who needs to be killed, then forward the PM to the named victim.
----------------

Old Dude, I'm confused. I want to kill [deleted] but so does everyone else. And if too many of us vote for him, he lives. So I have to vote against someone else, but what happens if everyone thinks the same way?

Dear [deleted], The same way as what?

-------------------

Old Dude, this is a tough situation. Months and months ago I entered an alliance with [deleted] and [deleted] and [deleted] and a few other guys, just so I could use them as pawns and stab them in the back at the first opportunity. But now the whole group is fighting and arguing and getting more and more paranoid because one of them was a spy all along and we just don't know who. Now what do I do?

Dear [deleted] Falsely confess to all the others that you were the spy, beg their forgiveness and promise it won't happen again. Whichever one doesn't try to kill you at the first opportunity is probably the spy.

Northman
03-05-2008, 03:30 PM
lmao

Blueflame
03-05-2008, 03:37 PM
Don´t steal my line!

LOL Yeah, we did kinda have an "echo" there, didn't we?

DBroncos4life
03-05-2008, 03:39 PM
someone needs to post odds for the players to win.

smalltowngrll
03-05-2008, 03:40 PM
someone needs to post odds for the players to win.

Can we take bets? :welcome:

Northman
03-05-2008, 03:42 PM
Rumor is TheDave is the Mole.

Old Dude
03-05-2008, 03:44 PM
There used to be a virtual bookie around here, but as the commissioner, it wouldn't really be appropriate for me to gamble on you guys.

DBroncos4life
03-05-2008, 03:53 PM
Can we take bets? :welcome:

I think that Majik guy and me would have to be the long shots. lol

Majik
03-05-2008, 03:59 PM
I think that Majik guy and me would have to be the long shots. lol

:spit:

don't count on it

Broncoman13
03-05-2008, 04:11 PM
Add me to that longshot category, I have no idea what I'm supposed to do!

DBroncos4life
03-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Add me to that longshot category, I have no idea what I'm supposed to do!

just do what thedave tells you and you should be just fine....:wiggle:

smalltowngrll
03-05-2008, 04:16 PM
just do what thedave tells you and you should be just fine....:wiggle:

Be careful of the Jimmy Dean, though!

TheDave
03-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Rumor is TheDave is the Mole.

I knew who the mole was for seasons 1 & 2... now I have no idea.

Alright I'll come clean, I used to be the mole but i forgot my mole password. A some what embarrassing situation followed and OD revoked my access. It was an unfortunate mistake on my part... I had no idea that OD had a Lithuanian midget (sorry, little person) as his cousin.

I meant no disrespect.

Hotrod
03-05-2008, 04:27 PM
From my "Lonely Hearts PM Column"

Dear [deleted]. You aren't doing anything wrong. Most players in Survivor don't read their PMs because it spoils the suspense. Or maybe they are planning to kill you, and are going to pretend later on that they never got your PM. If I were you, I'd simply write again, with a threatening caption on your PM and a list of random targets.
--------------

Dear [deleted]. The proper Survivor etiquette, in a complicated situation like this, would be to accept the offer, gain the player's confidence, ask who needs to be killed, then forward the PM to the named victim.
----------------

Dear [deleted], The same way as what?

-------------------

Dear [deleted] Falsely confess to all the others that you were the spy, beg their forgiveness and promise it won't happen again. Whichever one doesn't try to kill you at the first opportunity is probably the spy.

I've actually seen alot of theses situations Ha!

bfoflcommish
03-05-2008, 04:29 PM
i'm still waiting for my pm's?

TheDave
03-05-2008, 04:32 PM

Alright I'll come clean, I used to be the mole but i forgot my mole password. A some what embarrassing situation followed and OD revoked my access. It was an unfortunate mistake on my part... I had no idea that OD had a Lithuanian midget (sorry, little person) as his cousin.

I meant no disrespect.

All characters in this story are purely fictional and any resemblance they may show to any actual, factual people is pure coincidence (I.E. though Smalltowngirl resembles a pintsized Lithuanian circus freak she is not OD's cousin). The actions, events and sequence of events that comprise this story are completely fabricated and should they, in any way, resemble actions, events or sequences of events in any actual persons life, it is a mere coincidence. Thank you.

Broncoman13
03-05-2008, 04:35 PM

I meant no disrespect.

Ha! You had your Mole CAC card pulled. You're in elite company dude, in fact I bet there's only like 3 of ya's.

Hotrod
03-05-2008, 04:41 PM
I dont want to put any undue stress on anyone but usually the people who are voted out get to come back as a jury in the end.

Just food for thought :stirstir:

Bronco Yoda
03-05-2008, 04:51 PM

I meant no disrespect.

How many times have I told you that I prefer the term 'vertically challenged'.

OD still thinks he's the family patriarch cuz he's the tallest but I just received my Huggy Bear platforms off ebay and now I'm the bomb!

Old Dude
03-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Old Dude. I am pleased to say I have come up with an unbeatable mathematical formula for winning this game. Please don't tell anyone. Here's how it works. I will announce that I have written down all the names of the opposing team on little pieces of paper and tossed them into a hat. Each round, I will keep pulling out names until I pull the name of a "legal" target. I will vote against that person. Then I will tear that paper up and put all the rest back in, except for the dead people. So everyone else knows that once I vote against them, they never have to worry about me voting for them again. This way, I minimize my threat level. No one can get mad at me because it's random and nothing personal. And once I vote against someone, they might be mad for a moment, but their hatred will soon expire, because they will realize, at that point, that I don't pose a threat to them ever again. So they will have bigger fish to fry. As the game goes on, the pile of people that I have "nicked" in this manner will grow, and my threat level will get smaller and smaller to the group as a whole. What's even better is that the jurors can't even get justifiably mad at me, and I will probably not be part of the "execution team" very often. What's not to like? It's a perfect system if I can just get through a couple rounds.

Dear [deleted]. That would be an ingenious plan except for this part:

" their hatred will soon expire"

The problem is that they already hate you. A lot. And so do their friends. Even the people who don't hate you now will hate you as soon as you announce that you have "systemized" your mathematical killing system with no regard for humanity. Regardless of any of their pleas or protests.

Even if they don't hate you, they'll still kill you, because they don't trust you to stick to your system. They will constantly be worried that you will deviate from it whenever it suits your purpose, and none of them will really believe that your "draws" are totally random.

And they would be right, wouldn't they, you sneaky little snit.

TheDave
03-05-2008, 04:55 PM
How many times have I told you that I prefer the term 'vertically challenged'.

OD still thinks he's the family patriarch cuz he's the tallest but I just received my Huggy Bear platforms off ebay and now I'm the bomb!

I thought you were Latvian? My bad

From here on out "Vertically Challenged" will be used. My sincerest apologies :thumbs:

Hotrod
03-05-2008, 05:01 PM
Im so confused.

24champ
03-05-2008, 05:07 PM
you guys should stop posting pictures of sheep. It is like porn for spider...

cbs1177
03-05-2008, 05:08 PM
Man there is a lot to read when you get off work.

Northman
03-05-2008, 05:36 PM
All characters in this story are purely fictional and any resemblance they may show to any actual, factual people is pure coincidence (I.E. though Smalltowngirl resembles a pintsized Lithuanian circus freak she is not OD's cousin). The actions, events and sequence of events that comprise this story are completely fabricated and should they, in any way, resemble actions, events or sequences of events in any actual persons life, it is a mere coincidence. Thank you.

:spit:

Broncoman13
03-05-2008, 06:02 PM
Im so confused.

Never has taken much has it!

Hotrod
03-05-2008, 06:04 PM
Never has taken much has it!

Hey I resemble that remark Ha!

Broncoman13
03-05-2008, 06:42 PM
Hey I resemble that remark Ha!

Me too!!! :yayaya:

Hotrod
03-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Sure is alot of BS flying around the PM's today Ha!

cbs1177
03-05-2008, 06:52 PM
http://www.nosnivelling.com/adventure_box.bmp

smalltowngrll
03-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Why does this ALWAYS happen to me?? Nyah! :drown:

cbs1177
03-05-2008, 06:57 PM
Why does this ALWAYS happen to me?? Nyah! :drown:

sleeping with the fishes was last year STG

Bronx33
03-05-2008, 07:03 PM
Good! that calculating bastard mediator isn't playing i had a stock pile of tin foil by the time he was done with me.

Mediator12
03-05-2008, 08:50 PM
Good! that calculating bastard mediator isn't playing i had a stock pile of tin foil by the time he was done with me.

Gee, thanks for the sentiment Bronx. "Calculating bastard", I like that :welcome:

And who said I was not playing? Just not on the participant side this time. Now, I graduated to messing with the rules, confusing alliances, and helping Old Dude with tabulating tricky votes :strong:

Majik
03-05-2008, 08:58 PM

Speaking of Mediator, I believe he still owes me a Ron Dayne jersey that he promised me a couple years ago, that bastard!

Majik
03-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Gee, thanks for the sentiment Bronx. "Calculating bastard", I like that :welcome:

And who said I was not playing? Just not on the participant side this time. Now, I graduated to messing with the rules, confusing alliances, and helping Old Dude with tabulating tricky votes :strong:

hey ass face wheres my jersey!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

if u need my address......

XXXX X. XXXXXXX St.
XXXXXXXX, XX XXXXX

Arkansas Bronco
03-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Could have sworn I seen that drop down to a used jock strap a couple years ago.

XXXX X. XXXXXXX St.
XXXXXXXX, XX XXXXX

Broncoman13
03-05-2008, 09:04 PM

XXXX X. XXXXXXX St.
XXXXXXXX, XX XXXXX

Too good not to quote and keep for EVAAAA!!!

Pretty sure we can a 'script to Playgirl going Majik's way!

Jens1893
03-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Are you insane to post your address on a public internet forum?

Majik
03-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Too good not to quote and keep for EVAAAA!!!

Pretty sure we can a 'script to Playgirl going Majik's way!

:~ohyah!:

Majik
03-05-2008, 09:09 PM
Are you insane to post your address on a public internet forum?

nahh uhhh u guys need my name to be able to send it to me!

Majik
03-05-2008, 09:11 PM

LOL

TheChamp24
03-05-2008, 09:21 PM
Aww shucks, I missed the signup thread :(

Majik
03-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Aww shucks, I missed the signup thread :(

you can be my assistant ^5 , I'll share my winnings with you

TheChamp24
03-05-2008, 09:23 PM
I swear no allegiences at the moment, but I go to the highest bidder.

DBroncos4life
03-05-2008, 09:27 PM

.14 cents

Jens1893
03-05-2008, 09:29 PM

one of reggie smith´s tears after the cu game last season ;D

Broncoman13
03-05-2008, 09:30 PM

That's what you think... I'll send a letter out tomorrow that says ICO Majik Moron and it will get there JUST FINE!!!

DBroncos4life
03-05-2008, 09:30 PM
one of reggie smith´s tears after the cu game last season ;D

I'm glad OD teamed you with two NU fans.

TheChamp24
03-05-2008, 09:31 PM
No to the Cornhusker fan, and no to the guy bringing up a game all the way back in September just to rub it in.

Or, maybe I do accept? None the less, if you want info, I'm for hire to try to see whats happening.

Broncoman13
03-05-2008, 09:31 PM

Now that would be really funny if you had somebody like Alec Raenos' address or Slap or somebody like that and posted it as your own... that would be some funny chit!

theAPAOps5
03-05-2008, 09:32 PM
Man DB4L you should really be building alliances not talking about College football........

DBroncos4life
03-05-2008, 09:33 PM
I would like to see majik stay around awhile this year. I mean really what could he do to anyone?

Jens1893
03-05-2008, 09:33 PM
I'm glad OD teamed you with two NU fans.

i am easy to get along with ... honestly

Jens1893
03-05-2008, 09:34 PM
Man DB4L you should really be building alliances not talking about College football........

i started it!

Jana®
03-05-2008, 09:35 PM
I was always curious about what Survivor was about, and wanted to play. (Or try to play, lol!!) Maybe next year. This year I'll watch and laugh. (And point. :D )

DBroncos4life
i am easy to get along with ... honestly

I'm not to worried about it. Sometimes I may over-react on some NU issues. I just got a little pissed in the NU thread but whats done is done.

DBroncos4life

I'm teflon....:peace:

theAPAOps5
03-05-2008, 09:36 PM
Then you both should be working on it.

Arkansas Bronco
03-05-2008, 09:36 PM
I would like to see majik stay around awhile this year. I mean really what could he do to anyone?

Dont know how long that will last. I bet even his own side will be ready to kill him before long.

DBroncos4life
03-05-2008, 09:38 PM

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/7486/imagesda7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Are you threating me???????

theAPAOps5
03-05-2008, 09:40 PM
Dude you are on my team. We are all busy working alliances why would that be a threat.

Arkansas Bronco
03-05-2008, 09:40 PM
I was always curious about what Survivor was about, and wanted to play. (Or try to play, lol!!) Maybe next year. This year I'll watch and laugh. (And point. :D )

It is one tricky and emotionally unstable games ever probably better to watch and learn.

Broncoman13
03-05-2008, 09:41 PM

ApaOps is so smart... he speaketh the trueth! :notworthy

DBroncos4life
Dude you are on my team. We are all busy working alliances why would that be a threat.

It was a joke man just trying to do what I do. I help with ratings.

Majik
That's what you think... I'll send a letter out tomorrow that says ICO Majik Moron and it will get there JUST FINE!!!

ok guys Im sorry please forget I posted my address, I just really want my Ron Dayne jersey that Mediator agreed to send me!!!!

Arkansas Bronco
03-05-2008, 09:42 PM
I havnt had a pm in the last 5 minutes I am starting to think you guys are out to get me.

theAPAOps5
03-05-2008, 09:42 PM
It was a joke man just trying to do what I do. I help with ratings.

What do you think I am doing. ;D

Half the fun of Survivor is the crap that gets posted on the main forum.

Arkansas Bronco
03-05-2008, 09:43 PM
ok guys Im sorry please forget I posted my address, I just really want my Ron Dayne jersey that Mediator agreed to send me!!!!

It was probably his math teachers address anyways.

DBroncos4life
03-05-2008, 09:43 PM
I havnt had a pm in the last 5 minutes I am starting to think you guys are out to get me.

I'm just pissed I can't vote you off this year.

Jens1893
03-05-2008, 09:44 PM

but its way cooler if you know whats going on behind the scenes

DBroncos4life
03-05-2008, 09:44 PM

I want to be famous for my breakdowns.

Arkansas Bronco
03-05-2008, 09:45 PM
I'm just pissed I can't vote you off this year.

Well you have had trouble doing it in the past. ;D Sorry had to take the shot.

DBroncos4life
03-05-2008, 09:46 PM
Well you have had trouble doing it in the past. ;D Sorry had to take the shot.

One day I will have my revenge and live to talk about it.

Arkansas Bronco
03-05-2008, 09:46 PM
but its way cooler if you know whats going on behind the scenes

Huh is something going on we the public are not aware of?

Arkansas Bronco
03-05-2008, 09:47 PM

Well next time we face lets do it much later in the game kinda sucks to let the drama out to soon.

Majik
03-05-2008, 09:52 PM

like I did after I was eliminated in survivor II, which cause FaderProof to get his panties in a bunch.

Jens1893
03-05-2008, 09:52 PM

Contestants only, dear ... sorry :flower:

Jens1893
03-05-2008, 09:53 PM
i like to think i had a pretty decent meltdown last season .... nothing is ever gonna top heydenmom´s meltdown in survivor 3 tho

theAPAOps5
03-05-2008, 09:54 PM
I got a pm about how good my smack talk was that helped lead up to that meltdown. Good stuff.

Arkansas Bronco
03-05-2008, 09:55 PM
Contestants only, dear ... sorry :flower:

Sorry about that i will keep sitting here looking confused and reading pm's. They really jump up after this strange game started.

cbs1177
03-05-2008, 11:11 PM
calm before the storm

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/144/353558056_3d8dfaaa08_o.jpg

Arkansas Bronco
03-05-2008, 11:21 PM
i like to think i had a pretty decent meltdown last season .... nothing is ever gonna top heydenmom´s meltdown in survivor 3 tho

I will never forget what she did last year. And it will never be forgotten.

cbs1177
03-05-2008, 11:27 PM
I will never forget what she did last year. And it will never be forgotten.

And she gave me the finger and put me in jail with Ark Bro yuck. Every one knew me and STG was co assassin.

Old Dude
03-05-2008, 11:54 PM
Well, ODTY showed up tonite on his way to a funeral and we watched SAW III. It was good. Now we're gonna watch Hostel. Can't wait.

DomCasual
03-06-2008, 12:25 AM

Yeah, that was classic!

I hope she's okay. I always liked her. I know she was going through a divorce, and doing the single mom thing. That's a tough deal.

Blueflame
03-06-2008, 12:44 AM
Well, ODTY showed up tonite on his way to a funeral and we watched SAW III. It was good. Now we're gonna watch Hostel. Can't wait.

Cool... horror movies and then planning for OM Survivor V to follow. :D

Sassy
03-06-2008, 12:45 AM
Yeah, that was classic!

I hope she's okay. I always liked her. I know she was going through a divorce, and doing the single mom thing. That's a tough deal.

I see her lurking every so often. :yayaya:

Dagmar
03-06-2008, 01:10 AM
No one messes with the Dagmar!

http://growabrain.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/12/01/acid_flashback.jpg

WooooH!!!!

Dagmar
03-06-2008, 01:11 AM
Let me explain something, I am for sale. Whatever price.

A bottle of 18 year old scotch should do it.

Northman
03-06-2008, 04:54 AM
Wow, this is getting crazy.

http://bridalbird.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/choose.jpg

Old Dude
03-06-2008, 07:02 AM
Cool... horror movies and then planning for OM Survivor V to follow. :D

I was just joshing. Actually, we sat around watching cute kitty clips from the you-tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mur1JrUn-mI&feature=related

Old Dude
03-06-2008, 10:09 AM
I might be tied up on Friday, so I guess I may as well launch Round One today. Stay tuned for the official details. (Votes won't be due until noon on Monday in any event.)

Pick Six
03-06-2008, 10:10 AM
I might be tied up on Friday, so I guess I may as well launch Round One today. Stay tuned for the official details. (Votes won't be due until noon on Monday in any event.)

excellent...I think...

Northman
03-06-2008, 10:12 AM

I told your wife to take it easy on you in the bedroom. Good grief.

Old Dude
03-06-2008, 10:31 AM
Okay ...here we go ...

http://www.solaractiveintl.com/tshirtimages/caviar_round_one_outdoor.jpg

Rules for Round One.

Each player gets one vote this round. The vote must be sent to me, via private message, no later than Noon, Denver time, Monday, March 10.

Members of the Orange Dragon Team may only cast their votes at members of the Blue Tiger Team, and vice versa. You may not vote against yourself or against another member of your own team.

You may not split your vote into halves or quarters, etc. Please make sure to designate clearly who the target of your vote is. Don't make me guess.

No official results will be posted or otherwise released until after the deadline expires on March 10. So don't bother asking. It will probably take anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes after the deadline expires for me to tally up and post the results. (There are a lot of players this year.) I will try to have the results posted before 1 p.m. Denver time.

The highest vote-getter on each team will WIN IMMUNITY from any votes in Round Two.

The second highest vote-getter on each team will be eliminated.
Thus, two participants will be eliminated, one from each team, by 1 pm Monday afternoon. Try not to be one of those people.

Tiebreakers will apply, as set forth in the first post on this thread.

Voting may begin at noon, Denver time, today. (It is currently 8:37 am)

For your reference:

Team Orange Dragon

http://www.webweaver.nu/clipart/img/fantasy/dragons/dragon-orange.gif

24champbailey
ApaOps5
BMFBronco
Bronco Yoda
cbs1177
Conklin
Dagmar
DBroncos4life
Falconer
Hotrod
Jens1893
minibronco
Momof2littlebroncos
Punisher
TheDave
Tribster
TD30

Team Blue Tiger

http://bluetigerathletics.homestead.com/files/4.0_Blue_Tiger_Head_Black.JPG

Anubis
Bizzybone7
Broncobiv
CBF1
claviculasolomonis
Crushaholic
Dark_hawk
DomCasual
Gunns
JCMElway
Majik
missingnumber7
MrPeepers
smalltowngrll
TheSportsGuru
VanceJohnson82
OSKIE!!!

Have fun.

Northman
03-06-2008, 10:43 AM
Alright blue team, lets get together in PM's and figure where we are going to go with this. :)

Dagmar
03-06-2008, 10:47 AM
Who's on my team?

WHat are the rules?

Can I have 3 votes?

Si?

BMF Bronco
03-06-2008, 11:33 AM
Um, is this thing on???

smalltowngrll
03-06-2008, 11:40 AM

Sorry, but I just had to quote this! I BUSTED out laughing when I read this!! :rofl:

smalltowngrll
03-06-2008, 11:44 AM
I want to be famous for my breakdowns.

Your breakdowns are classic....but, I don't think anything beats HM's breakdown in season III!!! That was just....wellllll, CLASSIC!! Sooooo funny!! Ha!

BMF Bronco
03-06-2008, 11:46 AM
I don't know, Ark Bronco's was pretty good last year. But it was more via PM, but still classic.

smalltowngrll

There is absolutely nothing going on behind the scenes that I know of! :angel:

Old Dude
Um, is this thing on???

Voting may start at noon today. Voting must be concluded by noon on Monday.

That should be plenty of time to negotiate & strategize. Or throw darts at a board or whatever floats your boat.

I guess if it were me, I'd be trying to get together with teammates to try to figure out how to most effectively deal with the other team.

But I might be even more motivated to talk to the other team, because they are the ones who have the ability to take me out. Kinda' strange, isn't it?

I might try to stay quiet and hunker down and hope people just forget about me. Sometimes that works out for awhile. But it would kinda suck if most of the voters went after a higher profile target and then I got knocked off with a couple stray votes that were just enough to put me in the second-place crosshairs.

smalltowngrll
03-06-2008, 11:49 AM

Oh man....don't give this guy any more crazy ideas!!

I think we're all gonna get stuck in a room with crazy psychos running around!!!

http://i22.tinypic.com/xct2dv.jpg

Arkansas Bronco
03-06-2008, 12:03 PM
I don't know, Ark Bronco's was pretty good last year. But it was more via PM, but still classic.

Yea I was telling cbs about it last night and told him I still feel degraded over that. That was one very very big stupid pm. I have to blame Jim Beam, dang bourbon but it tastes so good.

Old Dude
03-06-2008, 12:05 PM
I think I'd also be trying to figure out who is in which alliance.

But wow. With 33 other people to deal with, and most of them either holding back or straddling fences or paranoid or not quite invested in the game yet, or purposely acting as spies and information brokers, or involved in only tentative but contradictory alliances just waiting to pop... it might not be that easy to get a very clear picture right now, huh?

Plus, you know, if you start sending around PMs saying let's all go out and kill Joe Blow, it's a pretty safe bet that Joe Blow will hear about that one way or another and do something unpleasant in response.

On the other hand, maybe Joe Blow already thinks you're out to get him, based on other people's lies or sheer paranoia.

Old Dude
03-06-2008, 12:17 PM
Classic Survivor situation:

A & B form early alliance. They are solid. A & B realize that there are some big schools of fish floating around and it might be wise to expand it to 3. So they approach C.

C is already in an alliance with D. He has no particular grudge against A & B, so he's happy to join A & B, but he realizes he's the odd man out if things get nasty, so he doesn't tell A & B about D. But no harm, right? He figures that D is just sort of a bonus anyway, and what A & B don't know won't hurt them.

Then A, B & C get an alliance offer from E & F who are themselves feeling paranoid and out of the loop, and looking for some warm place to hide in the numbers. It's a friendly arms-length alliance - and no big deal ... until A,B, E and F all decide it might be a good idea to take out D who they think might somehow be connected with G, H, I and J.

So plans are made. But now C panics. Oh my gosh. Can't have D killed. So C and D tell G, H, I and J that they are being targeted by A, B, E and F. And C and D then join them, thereby screwing over the other four.

From A's standpoint, his very second "recruit" was a bloody traitor. How could the guy turn on him so fast?

The bigger the alliances get, the more likely it is they will snap at some point and the louder the bang it makes when they do.

JCMElway
03-06-2008, 12:19 PM
I think I'd also be trying to figure out who is in which alliance.

But wow. With 33 other people to deal with, and most of them either holding back or straddling fences or paranoid or not quite invested in the game yet, or purposely acting as spies and information brokers, or involved in only tentative but contradictory alliances just waiting to pop... it might not be that easy to get a very clear picture right now, huh?

Plus, you know, if you start sending around PMs saying let's all go out and kill Joe Blow, it's a pretty safe bet that Joe Blow will hear about that one way or another and do something unpleasant in response.

On the other hand, maybe Joe Blow already thinks you're out to get him, based on other people's lies or sheer paranoia.

OD, you're enjoying this a little too much, methinks.

Hotrod
03-06-2008, 12:28 PM

A & B form early alliance. They are solid. A & B realize that there are some big schools of fish floating around and it might be wise to expand it to 3. So they approach C.

C is already in an alliance with D. He has no particular grudge against A & B, so he's happy to join A & B, but he realizes he's the odd man out if things get nasty, so he doesn't tell A & B about D. But no harm, right? He figures that D is just sort of a bonus anyway, and what A & B don't know won't hurt them.

Then A, B & C get an alliance offer from E & F who are themselves feeling paranoid and out of the loop, and looking for some warm place to hide in the numbers. It's a friendly arms-length alliance - and no big deal ... until A,B, E and F all decide it might be a good idea to take out D who they think might somehow be connected with G, H, I and J.

So plans are made. But now C panics. Oh my gosh. Can't have D killed. So C and D tell G, H, I and J that they are being targeted by A, B, E and F. And C and D then join them, thereby screwing over the other four.

From A's standpoint, his very second "recruit" was a bloody traitor. How could the guy turn on him so fast?

The bigger the alliances get, the more likely it is they will snap at some point and the louder the bang it makes when they do.

Thats why I've found it better to be letter R

Old Dude
03-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Another Survivor Scenario: The Meatgrinder.

You need a partner for this, and it's hard to set up, but the basic idea is to find two roughly equal alliances and then each of you "joins" one side. And both of you quietly fan the flames of paranoia against the other side, without ever actually putting yourself in the captain's chair. And, after all, you don't fit in the captain's chair anyway, because you're just sort of a straggler and you aren't quite as tight with the others. And they don't completely trust you anyway, because you aren't in ther "core" alliance ... but on the oter hand, they are desperate for numerical advantage so they will take whatever help they can get.

Your buddy is doing the same thing on the other side. And the idea is to force the two armies to go to war ... naturally knocking off the perceived leaders ... back and forth and back and forth ... until the meatgrinder takes out everyone in between.

Rinse, repeat.

Arkansas Bronco
03-06-2008, 12:35 PM

You just had to use A&B so much didnt you.

Old Dude
03-06-2008, 12:36 PM
Another Survivor Scenario: the camp follower.

We'll call this guy letter Z. No one really knows letter Z very well. They don't talk to him. He hardly ever gets a PM. As big alliances naturally form, both sides naturally figure that Z must be either neutral (true) or in the other one.

Z is simply wandering around trying to find a dogpile that he can jump on so he won't be on the bottom. He has no strategy beyond that. Since no one ever talks to him, he assumes that most of the other players aren't talking either, and everyone is just cruising around looking for the pile. Eventually, he sees patterns that start to form, seemingly out of nothing, and he starts to tag consistently with what looks like a group.

They are happy to have him, but they don't really trust him much, so there is still minimal communication (because he might be a spy). meanwhile, the other side just naturally assumes that he's in deep with his group, and they won't talk to him at all. Unless it's to trade info ... but he doesn't really have any.

Sooner or later he is rubbed out for being in the wrong gang, even though he never joined it.

missingnumber7
03-06-2008, 12:44 PM
All I gotta say i just be careful who's tent you stay in and make sure they throw the grenades.

Old Dude
03-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Dangerous roles:

1. The Organizer. Big target. On your back. All the time.

2. The Islolationist. Cheap kill. You can be taken out at will, without ramifications.

3. Mystery Man. They will all assume you're on the other side. Nothing like making everyone your paranoid enemy.

Therefore, the safest role is "Rank and File."

Learn to Conform.

Old Dude
03-06-2008, 12:55 PM
Unless you're among the rank and file in a targeted group. Then you're dead too.

Old Dude
03-06-2008, 12:55 PM
Unless you bolt and run at the first sign of trouble.

Hotrod
03-06-2008, 01:08 PM
Sometimes its best to just not know a damn thing.

Falconer
03-06-2008, 01:17 PM
Man, this season is already just cruising along and the voting hasn't even begun. I am just happy that Hotrod and I are good to go again. I am pretty sure that he wouldn't give me anymore false information. If there is one guy I trust here it is Hotrod! :thumbs:

Hotrod
03-06-2008, 01:20 PM
Man, this season is already just cruising along and the voting hasn't even begun. I am just happy that Hotrod and I are good to go again. I am pretty sure that he wouldn't give me anymore false information. If there is one guy I trust here it is Hotrod! :thumbs:

Well its good to have friends.

Falconer
03-06-2008, 01:28 PM
Well its good to have friends.

I figure we have to be. After all, you are in HD and I will finally have it on the 12th. I refused to get it until we had HD local channels and it is finally here! I also decided to get the HD-DVR. I hope it is as good as everyone says it is.

Dagmar
03-06-2008, 01:30 PM
None of my team has contacted me. Except for Hotrod soliciting some Dagmar love. To which I politely refused, but then he sent me a picture...we are now going to Vermont to get married.

http://www.journerdism.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/bert.jpg

Hotrod
03-06-2008, 01:44 PM
I figure we have to be. After all, you are in HD and I will finally have it on the 12th. I refused to get it until we had HD local channels and it is finally here! I also decided to get the HD-DVR. I hope it is as good as everyone says it is.

I acutally just got mine hooked up on tuesday. ESPNHD looks awesome. Still working on how to work the DVR thou...

Hotrod
03-06-2008, 01:46 PM
None of my team has contacted me. Except for Hotrod soliciting some Dagmar love. To which I politely refused, but then he sent me a picture...we are now going to Vermont to get married.

http://www.journerdism.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/bert.jpg

It was my beer belly that got you aint it.

Bronco Yoda
03-06-2008, 01:54 PM

operation 'tree in Forrest is' still on. And yes, I still forgive you for not sending my t-shirt last year

Falconer
03-06-2008, 01:57 PM
operation 'tree in Forrest is' still on. And yes, I still forgive you for not sending my t-shirt last year

Please do not mention anything to do with my children, or cbs may prompt OD to ban me from the game. Ha!

P.S. Do not give up on the shirt just yet...

Old Dude
03-06-2008, 02:02 PM
To kill the time ... match the previous Survivor quote with the poster ...

1. "hotrod you shanked me, so no I DON'T trust you."

2. "What kind of morons off the hottest chick on the board?! morons!!!"

3. "I could have sworn Jens was a he."

4. "Can anyone else see a kangaroo? Am I crazy?"

5. "Ark is a backstabber. He can't be trusted. At all. Plus, I hear he's into bestiality."

6. "I couldn't believe it when you voted to kill me."

7. "You will see I am full of surprises..."

8. "I'd like to buy the world a home and furnish it with love..."

1. DBroncos4Life
2. BMFBronco
3. ApaOps5
4. Dagmar
5. DomCasual
6. Smalltowngrll
7.TheSportsGuru
8. Hotrod

DomCasual
03-06-2008, 02:16 PM

5. "Ark is a backstabber. He can't be trusted. At all. Plus, I hear he's into bestiality."

1. DBroncos4Life
2. BMFBronco
3. ApaOps5
4. Dagmar
5. DomCasual
6. Smalltowngrll
7.TheSportsGuru
8. Hotrod

I remember all of those! And as it turns out, Ark IS into bestiality! I could see it a mile away!

Northman
03-06-2008, 02:30 PM
lmao

Northman
03-06-2008, 02:31 PM

1. DBroncos4Life
2. BMFBronco
3. ApaOps5
4. Dagmar
5. DomCasual
6. Smalltowngrll
7.TheSportsGuru
8. Hotrod

This is easy, Hotrod is the culprit in all of those. LOL

alkemical
03-06-2008, 02:38 PM
http://assets.goodmagazine.com/uploaded/images/masthead_image/15240/death_MH.jpg

smalltowngrll
03-06-2008, 02:39 PM
This is easy, Hotrod is the culprit in all of those. LOL

No, hotrod was just the mastermind behind the quotes. He told us what to write, when to write and how to vote. :notworthy The actual author can be seen if you highlight the bottom!

Northman
03-06-2008, 02:42 PM
No, hotrod was just the mastermind behind the quotes. He told us what to write, when to write and how to vote. :notworthy The actual author can be seen if you highlight the bottom!

Ha! Hilarious!

Conklin
03-06-2008, 03:00 PM
Alright...I'd like to announce that my alliance(orange team)'s target is now hotrod... :-D just didnt want any surprises(and just in case i get banned before i vote)

Falconer
03-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Alright...I'd like to announce that my alliance(orange team)'s target is now hotrod... :-D just didnt want any surprises(and just in case i get banned before i vote)

Not to undermine you or anything Conklin, but shouldn't we be voting off somebody from the Blue Tigers team? :wiggle:

alkemical
03-06-2008, 03:10 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5e/Shades_of_Death_Road_sign_south.jpg/250px-Shades_of_Death_Road_sign_south.jpg

Northman
03-06-2008, 03:19 PM
Ive heard some rumors on the inside that a Yeti is currently hunting one of the orange dragon clan. Evidently TheDave who has been missing in action the last few hours stole a can of Yeti Wip from the Yeti and its seriously pissed off. This could mean life or death for TheDave. I can only give a brief discription of the culprit and the merchandise that was stolen. Hope it helps.

The Stolen Item

http://www.wackypackages2005.com/images/ANS3/14-yeti-whip.jpg

The Victim

http://www.jesshutch.com/uploaded_images/yeti-708348.jpg

Dont let his size fool you, he is a beast.

Conklin
03-06-2008, 03:34 PM
I'm envoking our cousin...the great Green Dragon
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.collegehumor.com/moogaloop/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=109634&fullscreen=1" width="480" height="360" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" quality="best" value="http://www.collegehumor.com/moogaloop/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=109634&fullscreen=1" /></object>

so just remember....I'm always watching you!

Hotrod
03-06-2008, 03:34 PM

1. DBroncos4Life
2. BMFBronco
3. ApaOps5
4. Dagmar
5. DomCasual
6. Smalltowngrll
7.TheSportsGuru
8. Hotrod

LOL holy **** that brings back memorys

Hotrod
03-06-2008, 03:35 PM

Im simply a pawn in your sick twisted game STG :)

Falconer
03-06-2008, 03:53 PM
I'm envoking our cousin...the great Green Dragon
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.collegehumor.com/moogaloop/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=109634&fullscreen=1" width="480" height="360" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" quality="best" value="http://www.collegehumor.com/moogaloop/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=109634&fullscreen=1" /></object>

so just remember....I'm always watching you!

Ok, I'm cool. Just make him quit looking at me!

Pick Six
03-06-2008, 03:53 PM
ummm...Are we going to have a problem with the server by playing this game? It's running a bit slow, now...

Majik
03-06-2008, 04:21 PM
My tentmate (Keeley Hazell)

http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/article/857/857199/keeley-hazell-20080305034959199.jpg

Old Dude
03-06-2008, 04:34 PM
No doubt she was taken with your video.

Survivor V Promo.
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fB9Xo8btmeU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fB9Xo8btmeU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Old Dude
03-06-2008, 04:35 PM
ummm...Are we going to have a problem with the server by playing this game? It's running a bit slow, now...

Too much PMing?

cbs1177
03-06-2008, 04:45 PM
I always said TJ would make more money with the annual donation time in and around the time of survivor.

cbs1177
03-06-2008, 04:46 PM

be careful b/c some people really liked one certain tree last year

Northman
03-06-2008, 04:48 PM
My tentmate (Keeley Hazell)

http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/article/857/857199/keeley-hazell-20080305034959199.jpg

Wow, she works fast. I just kicked her out of my tent last night. Ha!

Old Dude
03-06-2008, 04:52 PM
be careful b/c some people really liked one certain tree last year

You mean this one?

http://phil.philwells.net/East/treehugger.jpg

BMF Bronco
03-06-2008, 04:57 PM
wow, just wow

You remind me of that kid who got famous for the leave britney alone video

24champ
03-06-2008, 05:00 PM
Too much PMSing?

fixed...Hilarious!

smalltowngrll
03-06-2008, 05:02 PM
Im simply a pawn in your sick twisted game STG :)

Sick and twisted?? But, of course! :curtsey: :cowgirl:

A pawn?? Well, maybe... :wiggle:

Hotrod
03-06-2008, 05:04 PM
I smell a rat.

Hotrod
03-06-2008, 05:11 PM
Whoops never mind it was just the Taco Bell I had for lunch.

cbs1177
03-06-2008, 05:20 PM
You mean this one?

no it was the one where lonely prisoners used. Can't find it as of yet mane super super slow on loading pages.

Majik
03-06-2008, 05:21 PM
Wow, she works fast. I just kicked her out of my tent last night. Ha!

Nice move, I sure am benefiting from it. Keeley is currently rubbing me down after a long hard day of work.

I apologize in advance if we keep you guys up all night due to the uncontrollable moaning coming from our tent.

cbs1177
03-06-2008, 05:24 PM
Nice move, I sure am benefiting from it. Keeley is currently rubbing me down after a long hard day of work.

I apologize in advance if we keep you guys up all night due to the uncontrollable moaning coming from our tent.

at least yall can share the curling iron tomorrow morning

Northman
03-06-2008, 05:26 PM

Yea, only needed about 5 quality minutes with her. It was more about me than her anyway. She wanted to hang with me for the duration of the game but i told her she was only part of my harem and sent here on her way. So many women, so little time. Enjoy her man, i did. :thumbsup:

Old Dude
03-06-2008, 05:34 PM
Noteable quotes from Survivor II

1. "Damn i need to stop drinking this damn vodka...i keep doing things."

2. "Just stay away from my cinnamin ring."

3. "I'm glad i stuck around for this. its getting good."

4. "I've now got some extra room in my sleeping bag since hotrod has now left me. Does anyone else want to keep me warm at night?"

5. "I would biotch slap you... But I do not hit guys wearing dresses with lube running down their legs."

6. "Ray or I deserved it the most."

1. Missingnumber7
2. TD30
3. BizzyBone7
4. Majik
5. CBF1
6. Tribster

smalltowngrll
03-06-2008, 05:36 PM
no it was the one where lonely prisoners used. Can't find it as of yet mane super super slow on loading pages.

Oh, I think it was the picture was Hotrod's. It was a big yellow sign with a tree hugger on it!! I think someone put as his avatar and it was GINORMOUS!

cbs1177
03-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Oh, I think it was the picture was Hotrod's. It was a big yellow sign with a tree hugger on it!! I think someone put as his avatar and it was GINORMOUS!

well it had sap running down the bark so it might have been.

Broncoman13
03-06-2008, 05:39 PM
Noteable quotes from Survivor II

1. "Damn i need to stop drinking this damn vodka...i keep doing things."

2. "Just stay away from my cinnamin ring."

3. "I'm glad i stuck around for this. its getting good."

4. "I've now got some extra room in my sleeping bag since hotrod has now left me. Does anyone else want to keep me warm at night?"

5. "I would biotch slap you... But I do not hit guys wearing dresses with lube running down their legs."

6. "Ray or I deserved it the most."

1. Missingnumber7
2. TD30
3. BizzyBone7
4. Majik
5. CBF1
6. Tribster

#5 is a classic!!! Nice one D!

Blueflame
03-06-2008, 05:54 PM
You mean this one?

Nope... this one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/Blueflame91315/med_sap_tree.jpg

Hotrod
03-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Ok according to OD's rules if the Orange team all votes for the same person; that person would obviously be the top vote getter and receive immunity the next round. That means the other 16 members of the Blue team would be kicked out of the game as they would all be 2nd vote getters. Follow me here.

Then the next round everyone on the Orange team would either have to vote for an illegal target (immunity) or miss the vote.

Then in round 3 The Orange team would have to either miss the vote agains (thus getting disqualified) or vote for the one remaining member of the Blue team thus giving him immunity again.

Then in round 4 the Orange team would either have to again vote against an illegal target (immunity) or miss the vote and either way being all disqualified.

:)

Hotrod
03-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Now of course if both teams all vote for the same person this game would be over quickly

Broncoman13
03-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Now of course if both teams all vote for the same person this game would be over quickly

You're so far ahead of the game it's amazing... Hilarious!

cbs1177
03-06-2008, 06:02 PM
I was thinking the same way Hotrod has just turned the tables and the game back on Old Dude. Finally a loophole

smalltowngrll
03-06-2008, 06:08 PM
I believe there is a rule at the beginning for tiebreakers....in which case, the second person would fall under that rule. Thus, we would still only have one person eliminated from each team.

Good try at confusing the masses, though.

And, the biggest stipulation in the set of rules...is this one:

Rule #1: I make the rules and may adjust any or all of them at any time in my exclusive and unreviewable discretion for whatever reason I want.

BMF Bronco
03-06-2008, 06:12 PM
that and he gave me god-like powers to do whatever the hell I want in this years game

Old Dude
03-06-2008, 06:13 PM
Ok according to OD's rules if the Orange team all votes for the same person; that person would obviously be the top vote getter and receive immunity the next round. That means the other 16 members of the Blue team would be kicked out of the game as they would all be 2nd vote getters. Follow me here.

Then the next round everyone on the Orange team would either have to vote for an illegal target (immunity) or miss the vote.

Then in round 3 The Orange team would have to either miss the vote agains (thus getting disqualified) or vote for the one remaining member of the Blue team thus giving him immunity again.

Then in round 4 the Orange team would either have to again vote against an illegal target (immunity) or miss the vote and either way being all disqualified.

:)

Technically, you may be right, because none of the three published tiebreakers would apply in that situation (to break the second place tie.)

But see Rule Number 1.

So, rather than just rebooting the whole game, I'd just institute a 4th tiebreaker, which would be that the last person to send in their vote (among all the second place people) would be considered the "top" vote-getter.

In fact that's such a good idea, that I'm adopting it right now!