PDA

View Full Version : SURVIVOR V: "Hotrod is not the master of the stupid" - Final vote time!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18

alkemical
03-19-2008, 02:18 PM
Hey Clavi what is a brainstubator.

http://www.brainsturbator.com

Check it out, it's one of my fav sites. Work safe.

missingnumber7
03-19-2008, 02:19 PM
What the hell is that supposed to mean??

Ruh Roh Shaggy.

DomCasual
03-19-2008, 02:20 PM
LOTR.

And I actually can be creative BMF, I just do not have the time as I am still trying to chase down STG :thumbsup:

Which clearly is a lost cause, based on the obvious grief my death has caused her. :)

Pick Six
03-19-2008, 02:21 PM
What the **** is that supposed to ****** mean, you ****** little *****??

FYP (purely for the sake of ratings).

OBF1
03-19-2008, 02:21 PM
Forget voting from the top, bottom or middle....

Vote CLAVI... early and often :)

OBF1
03-19-2008, 02:22 PM
Silent mode on: Hotrod, who did we vote for this round, I forgot

smalltowngrll
03-19-2008, 02:23 PM
FYP (purely for the sake of ratings).

That's what I was thinking, but I was trying to be pg-13 rated here!!

Mediator12
Iīm not Gimliīs size.

No, but you seem to play his character in this game so I thought it appropriate :notworthy

Secret mode on:

I am The Shadow King, I admit it. I leave Minas Morgul for you now. "The one who would lead Mordor's armies in war. The one they say no living man can kill: the Witch-King of Angmar."

Eowyn Is at hand, but will she truly take your side. Why else would I court her day and night? Good Luck Gimli, Sauron awaits you.

alkemical
Everyone vote for me. I'll just stab you in the back. You can't be a psychopath and have friends.

theAPAOps5
03-19-2008, 02:25 PM
If everyone votes for you then you get immunity. Nice strategy clavi.

Jens1893
03-19-2008, 02:25 PM
Med, you know that Eowyn is the one who takes down the witch-king, donīt you?

BMF Bronco
03-19-2008, 02:26 PM
What the hell is that supposed to mean??

Um, I am, errr, just ahh, wishing him luck. Becaussssssssssssse...

You're fast, yeah that's it, because you're very quick! ROFL!

Mediator12
03-19-2008, 02:28 PM
Med, you know that Eowyn is the one who takes down the witch-king, donīt you?

Absolutely. However, he was a pompous arrogant ass. I learned something about Women the last two years. If you Kill them, they stab you. Since Only a woman can kill the witch King, this year I am playing nice ;D

DomCasual
03-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Um, I am, errr, just ahh, wishing him luck. Becaussssssssssssse...

You're fast, yeah that's it, because you're very quick! ROFL!

Quick as a bobcat, that one!

alkemical
03-19-2008, 02:29 PM

Look, believe it or not Apa. I'm not really much more than a businessman. Trust me, everytime i suggested killing you or thedave - everyone got all sappy on how they didn't want to cross you.

I figure **** it, keep your enemies close. I'll be honest with ya, just like i told dave when he was a target.

theAPAOps5
03-19-2008, 02:31 PM
So I am a target this round? You warned me the first round but you haven't warned me since?

BMF Bronco
03-19-2008, 02:32 PM
Look, believe it or not Apa. I'm not really much more than a businessman. Trust me, everytime i suggested killing you or thedave - everyone got all sappy on how they didn't want to cross you.

I figure **** it, keep your enemies close. I'll be honest with ya, just like i told dave when he was a target.

Why does the movie American Psycho come to mind when you post lately?:twitch:

Hotrod
03-19-2008, 02:32 PM
Yea, i can see that being the list after all is said and done this round. :~ohyah!:

Awesome now things are really heating up. Gotta love this game when things get rolling Ha!

Mediator12
03-19-2008, 02:33 PM

Too bad no one wants to vote for him!

Right now, its a little too close to call.....

alkemical
03-19-2008, 02:33 PM
Why does the movie American Psycho come to mind when you post lately?:twitch:

You get to see the real me, the one that's in murders and executions.

theAPAOps5
03-19-2008, 02:34 PM
It sucks though I may be dead just when the getting is good.

Hotrod
03-19-2008, 02:34 PM
So I am a target this round? You warned me the first round but you haven't warned me since?

Dont sweat it Clav works for me he cant harm anyone without my approval.

alkemical
03-19-2008, 02:35 PM

Not on my list. I had cast my vote right after the results came out. Come on, you all should know i'm nuts. I wanted to kill the women and children first.

http://japundit.com/images/ninja/ninja8.jpg

theAPAOps5
03-19-2008, 02:35 PM
Sweat it? Have you seen the last few votes. They can't even get a vote right. the plan last vote was to get STG. I was told to vote STG by Oskie and his group. Well turns out they told 14 others to do that also! Heck if I am the target I am getting immunity!

Mediator12
03-19-2008, 02:37 PM
Dont sweat it Clav works for me he cant harm anyone without my approval.

OK, but you gave him approval, right? At least that is what the others said when they decided to take you down this round. Hold On, "I am confused" or something like that :welcome:

Hotrod
03-19-2008, 02:37 PM
Sweat it? Have you seen the last few votes. They can't even get a vote right. the plan last vote was to get STG. I was told to vote STG by Oskie and his group. Well turns out they told 14 others to do that also! Heck if I am the target I am getting immunity!

LOL

Thats the message I got also. They said get STG so I did then they got all pissed off about it. I just followed orders man.

Mediator12
03-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Not on my list. I had cast my vote right after the results came out. Come on, you all should know i'm nuts. I wanted to kill the women and children first.

http://japundit.com/images/ninja/ninja8.jpg

That Strategy ALWAYS WORKS :strong:

Next year Clav, I got your back. For Now, Too many hangers on to rattle....

alkemical

That's because a mole got involved. Trust me, Oskie flamed me and told me that the emperors love shall no longer shine on me, for as the sun sets - so hath his loyalty.

Now, i have no friends, no allegiance - my own purpose is blood, and to die with honor.

http://phase-three.net/Videos%20(VHS)/Ninja%20Death%201%20(Front).jpg

Old Dude
What a mess this is.

IMPORTANT REMINDER TO GHOSTS ...

If you "possessed" someone, but have not yet designated a target for your victim's vote, the possession is not considered complete.

If time expires without me having received said information, the possession will be deemed to have been unsuccessful. The player's vote, if any, will count as s/he originally cast it.

If the player dies, you will NOT be brought back to life.

alkemical
03-19-2008, 02:40 PM
can a ghost vote for their possessed?

Old Dude
03-19-2008, 02:41 PM
can a ghost vote for their possessed?

Nope.

Hotrod
03-19-2008, 02:41 PM
Can I change my vote since I was confused???

Hotrod
03-19-2008, 02:44 PM
The last round or so have been ratings gold.

alkemical
Nope.

No hari-kari?

missingnumber7
I think we should have a round where Hotrod makes the rules so he isn't confused.

Old Dude
Also, for those ghosts who have attempted to possess someone, but who have not designated a target yet ... and for anyone else who is interested ...

... if we come down to tiebreaker three ... unlikely but theoretically possible I guess ... and I have to figure out who got chronologically hammered first and second and so forth ... your strike against the victim will count as of the time the victim was named, not as of the time that you possessed the body doing the striking.

And Hotrod, don't even ask if this applies to the first or second vote.

24champ
03-19-2008, 02:45 PM
I am coming back to life...I can feel it.

Old Dude
03-19-2008, 02:46 PM
nine Minutes

Old Dude
03-19-2008, 02:48 PM
Six minutes.

C'mon people. DO SOMETHING

Hotrod
03-19-2008, 02:48 PM
nine Minutes

let me guess 9 minutes till you head out to lunch

Hotrod
03-19-2008, 02:49 PM
Sadly Im not even confused right now Ha!

Falconer
03-19-2008, 02:50 PM
Six minutes.

C'mon people. DO SOMETHING

But you told me that you were taking care of everything for me; now you want me to do something?

Mediator12
I am coming back to life...I can feel it.

Dude, You are in for a tremendous SHOCK!

And Some ghosts are going to be REAL Happy!

smalltowngrll
That's because a mole got involved. Trust me, Oskie flamed me and told me that the emperors love shall no longer shine on me, for as the sun sets - so hath his loyalty.

Now, i have no friends, no allegiance - my own purpose is blood, and to die with honor.

http://phase-three.net/Videos%20(VHS)/Ninja%20Death%201%20(Front).jpg

And to think, had you all not gone cannibalistic on me... :nono:

Ratboy
03-19-2008, 02:51 PM
Times Up!?

Mediator12
Later y'all. Nice to see some people get back in the game.......

Old Dude
three Minutes

Old Dude
03-19-2008, 02:52 PM
This is pathetic.

smalltowngrll
03-19-2008, 02:52 PM
Dude, You are in for a tremendous SHOCK!

And Some ghosts are going to be REAL Happy!

CRAP!

Can I have my meltdown NOW or should I save it for later??

Old Dude
03-19-2008, 02:53 PM
last Chance !!!!!!!!!!!!

missingnumber7
03-19-2008, 02:53 PM
No hari-kari?

HOLY COW

Old Dude
03-19-2008, 02:54 PM
Gong!

Old Dude
03-19-2008, 02:55 PM
Okay now I have to figure out this mess. I'm going to post the results here in a few minutes. Then lunch. Then the rules for the next round later this afternoon.

Hotrod
03-19-2008, 03:10 PM
Well seems like OD fell asleep on his keyboard again.

BMF Bronco
03-19-2008, 03:13 PM
narcolepsy is a bitch, come on Hotrod, have sympathy.

Dagmar
03-19-2008, 03:14 PM
http://www.hanselman.com/blog/content/binary/tumbleweed_small.jpg

Broncoman13
03-19-2008, 03:15 PM
Well seems like OD fell asleep on his keyboard again.

See you dude... no hard feelings?

Hotrod
03-19-2008, 03:17 PM
See you dude... no hard feelings?

That cant be a good sign Ha!

Dagmar
Is this thing on?

Broncoman13
And to think, had you all not gone cannibalistic on me... :nono:

We saved you, what are you talking about???

Broncoman13
03-19-2008, 03:18 PM
That cant be a good sign Ha!

See you at the bar... sorry, forgot to finish that thought!

Hotrod
03-19-2008, 03:19 PM
I just got the rep "the jury will be kind of fun thou"

LOL

Ratboy
03-19-2008, 03:20 PM
I'm sorry.

BMF Bronco
03-19-2008, 03:23 PM
cue Jeopardy tune...

Hotrod
03-19-2008, 03:23 PM
Im too tired and hungover today would someone type up a nice meltdown post for me and just PM it to me???

DomCasual
03-19-2008, 03:24 PM
Im too tired and hungover today would someone type up a nice meltdown post for me and just PM it to me???

That's seriously a bunch of ****! All I have tried to do in this game is to be a friend and confidant. And what do I get in return? Stabbed in the ****ing back!

Seriously, I've learned the true nature of some of my "friends" by playing this game. You a-holes act so superior to everyone. I should start posting things I've heard about some of you. Knock you off your ****ing high post a little.

Enjoy your stupid little game, a-holes! Newsflash! I only played this stupid ****ing game to have conversation fodder - the unintentional comedy kind. That's right, you ****ers - I am going to spend the next ****ing year making fun of you to my real friends - the kind that don't stab me in the ****ing back.

Broncoman13
03-19-2008, 03:25 PM

**** YOU ALL... dortoh out

Broncoman13
That's seriously a bunch of ****! All I have tried to do in this game is to be a friend and confidant. And what do I get in return? Stabbed in the ****ing back!

Seriously, I've learned the true nature of some of my "friends" by playing this game. You a-holes act so superior to everyone. I should start posting things I've heard about some of you. Knock you off your ****ing high post a little.

Enjoy your stupid little game, a-holes! Newsflash! I only played this stupid ****ing game to have conversation fodder - the unintentional comedy kind. That's right, you ****ers - I am going to spend the next ****ing year making fun of you to my real friends - the kind that don't stab me in the ****ing back.

That so been done already!

Hotrod

LOL perfect

BMF Bronco
03-19-2008, 03:26 PM

Wow, that sounds strangely familiar.LOL

OBF1
03-19-2008, 03:27 PM
Gong!

Finally !Booya!

Old Dude
03-19-2008, 03:27 PM
ROUND SEVEN RESULTS

http://blog.doctissimo.fr/php/blog/angelus67/images/ghostbusters%20car.jpg

Congrats to HOTROD, who wins IMMUNITY again.

The Breakdown

Orange Dragon Team

ApaOps5..................Hotrod
BMFBronco...............OSKIE!!!
Bronco Yoda.............dark_hawk
cbs1177..................CBF1 (x2)
Conklin*..................cbs1177
Dagmar*..................Hotrod
Falconer..................Hotrod
Hotrod.....................Claviculasolomnis
Jens1893..................Gunns*
TheDave*...................CBF1
Tribster....................TheDave*

Blue Tiger Team

Anubis.......................Smalltowngrll
CBF1.........................cbs1177 (x2)
claviculasolomonis........Smalltowngrll
Crushaholic.................Hotrod
Dark_hawk..................Hotrod
Gunns*......................Hotrod
JCMElway...................Gunns*
missingnumber7...........Hotrod
smalltowngrll...............Hotrod
TheSportsGuru............Hotrod
OSKIE!!!.....................Tribester

Final:

HOTROD ...................9
CBS1177....................3
CBF1.........................3
Gunns*......................2
Smalltowngrll...............2
TheDave*...................1
Claviculasolomnis..........1
dark_hawk...................1
OSKIE!!!......................1
Tribester.....................1

Say GOODBYE TO OUR HEDGETRIMMERS!

CBF1 and cbs1177 take their place on the CELESTIAL JURY!!!

http://www.mocpages.com/user_thumbnails/matthew@galacticbrick.com/www.brickshelf.com_gallery_mattcorp_Kingdom-Of-Heaven_Crusader-Figs_dsci0011.jpg_SPLASH.jpg

SAY HI AGAIN TO PUNISHER AND BIZZYBONE7 WHO ARE BACK IN THE GAME!!!!

http://www.dinexdashed.com/the%20punisher.jpg

http://dogloversscrapbooking.momsbreak.com/Dog-Add-Ons/dogbones.jpg

Punisher and Bizzybone7 will be reassigned to teams.

All other ghosts are permanently dead. Thank you for your cooperation.

Rules for ROUND 8 COMING LATER TODAY!

OBF1
03-19-2008, 03:29 PM
Old Dude takes more naps than there are toilet seats in a truck stop restroom

BMF Bronco
03-19-2008, 03:30 PM
Do we not get to see who posessed us?!

smalltowngrll
Well, guess we all should have communicated a bit more!

:nono:

Hotrod

Old Dude
03-19-2008, 03:31 PM
Do we not get to see who posessed us?!

Nope.

OBF1
03-19-2008, 03:31 PM
Now that is going to leave a mark

The government never got me to do jury duty, so this is a first for me.

TheDave is not going to win for putting me out of the game :)

smalltowngrll
03-19-2008, 03:32 PM

Uhmmm, Hotrod...might wanna take a look at the results!

Lack of communication gave you immunity!! :gripe:

Hotrod
03-19-2008, 03:32 PM
Holy Crap they missed again LOL

OBF1
03-19-2008, 03:33 PM

**** YOU ALL... CBF1 out

Ratboy
03-19-2008, 03:34 PM
Wow. This shows the alliances.

Broncoman13
03-19-2008, 03:35 PM

**** YOU ALL... CBF1 out

That's a nice finishing touch!

BMF Bronco
03-19-2008, 03:35 PM

**** YOU ALL... CBF1 out

Rep! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Bronco Yoda
03-19-2008, 03:36 PM
ROUND SEVEN RESULTS

Bizzybone7 joins the BLUE DRAGON team.

Thats all we need... ANOTHER Blue Dragon.

I'm getting to think I'm the only ORANGE DRAGON over here. :spit:

Northman
03-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Seeing that you guys haven't been able to pull anything off I am not too worried.

You forget, i have the inside scoop. :approve:

Jens1893
03-19-2008, 03:40 PM
Wow. This shows the alliances.

Well, nobody knows if it was their vote ... or the vote of a ghost.

Northman
03-19-2008, 03:40 PM
Jesus H Christ people!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am i not hated enough to even get one fricking vote!!!!!!!!!

What the hell is wrong with you assclowns!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

BizzyBone7
03-19-2008, 03:41 PM

:wave:

Broncoman13
03-19-2008, 03:42 PM
Well, nobody knows if it was their vote ... or the vote of a ghost.

BS, I know what my vote was.

theAPAOps5
03-19-2008, 03:45 PM
Man you guys can't do anything right. Who ever possessed me and voted Hotrod I would like to say thanks.

Jens1893
03-19-2008, 03:45 PM
BS, I know what my vote was.

Well, you do ... of course ... thatīs unless you suffer from amnesia.

missingnumber7
03-19-2008, 03:47 PM
I think we should welcome back the undead by making them the redead.

Hotrod
03-19-2008, 03:47 PM
Man you guys can't do anything right. Who ever possessed me and voted Hotrod I would like to say thanks.

I would like to thank them also

Broncoman13
03-19-2008, 03:48 PM

And Hotrod is always confused... ;D

theAPAOps5
03-19-2008, 03:49 PM
I know he has no clue what the hell he is doing yet he continues to survive.

Punisher
03-19-2008, 03:52 PM
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/7194/gravefo4.pngI'm back :)

BMF Bronco
03-19-2008, 03:52 PM
Kind of like Ike Clanton on Tombstone

BizzyBone7
03-19-2008, 03:53 PM
I think we should welcome back the undead by making them the redead.

I expected as much. But I just want to say that I'm here to play a nice, honest game with you 'Gents (and ladies)!

theAPAOps5
03-19-2008, 03:56 PM
Well if you are here to play a nice honest game you are screwed.

BMF Bronco
03-19-2008, 03:57 PM
you're saying you're not playing honest and nice Apa?!

Dagmar
03-19-2008, 03:58 PM
I feel violated.

Punisher
03-19-2008, 03:59 PM
I feel violated.

LMAO ROFL! ROFL!

Ratboy
03-19-2008, 03:59 PM
I really am starting to hate Hotrod. I'm voting him out this round!

Northman
03-19-2008, 04:01 PM
I really am starting to hate Hotrod. I'm voting him out this round!

What do you think people have been doing the last 7 rounds? Ha! LOL

BMF Bronco
03-19-2008, 04:01 PM
So with dortoH having immunity this round can we vote for him to essentially abstain this round and not get an asterisk?

Old Dude
03-19-2008, 04:06 PM
So with dortoH having immunity this round can we vote for him to essentially abstain this round and not get an asterisk?

I'll post rules for ROUND 8 shortly. In the meantime, you should all be happy to know that all asterisks are erased.

The bad news is that anyone who misses a vote from here on out goes straight to the Jury.

OBF1
03-19-2008, 04:06 PM
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/7194/gravefo4.pngI'm back :)

You owe me some serious rep..... Who pm'd you and told you to take my spot in the game, Thats right, CBF1 did.

Old Dude
03-19-2008, 04:07 PM

Sorry. I meant Blue Tiger, of course.

OBF1
03-19-2008, 04:10 PM
I feel violated.

You feel violated ???

Thanks again to Old Dude and his ****ing piece of **** special ****ing weapons. 2 times I have got it and 2 times I have been ****ed by his ****ing ****

I swear one day I am going to shove this game up his b**** *** and **** him so hard he will not be able to sit for a ******* month.

How is this for a rant :wiggle:

Blueflame
03-19-2008, 04:13 PM

Voting for dortoH this round would be aiming at an "invalid" target.... so it's my understanding that it would result in an asterisk....

Bronco Yoda
03-19-2008, 04:14 PM
Sorry. I meant Blue Tiger, FREUDIAN SLIP of course.

I fixed it for ya. :giggle:

see... it's all a conspiracy I tell ya. And I finally have the proof in black and white. I really am the only one here standing on the grassy gnoll.

Hotrod
03-19-2008, 04:14 PM
Any update on BMF's God like power request???

OBF1
03-19-2008, 04:16 PM

BMF, a few words of advice for you......................

Say ****ing NO to any offer of help, power, advice or anything for Old Dude.

Signed,
CBF1 has been ****'ed again :giggle:

Mediator12
03-19-2008, 04:19 PM

Sorry, things are slow around here. ODtY got his mail order bride yesterday. We just might rule on Hotrod's Prison requests tomorrow though. That is unless he keeps using theEddie as a character witness LOL

Mediator12
03-19-2008, 04:21 PM
BMF, a few words of advice for you......................

Say ****ing NO to any offer of help, power, advice or anything for Old Dude.

Signed,
CBF1 has been ****'ed again :giggle:

One of these days, everyone will figure out which wheel in the cog to grease :wiggle:

Until then, Buena Suerte Suckers!

BMF Bronco
03-19-2008, 04:22 PM
Voting for dortoH this round would be aiming at an "invalid" target.... so it's my understanding that it would result in an asterisk....

Hey, peanut gallery, your advise and support is greatly appreciated!

edit: there it's fixed! :thumbs: ;D :-*

Jens1893
03-19-2008, 04:25 PM
CBF, when are you planning to ask your employer to pay you in rep?

Mediator12
03-19-2008, 04:26 PM
Hey, peanut gallery, shush!

Hmmm, the committee considers this type of conduct to its members just short of a legitimate death wish. I believe the motion to dismiss your God Like powers just gained a strong foothold thwack

BMF Bronco
03-19-2008, 04:28 PM
Sorry, things are slow around here. ODtY got his mail order bride yesterday. We just might rule on Hotrod's Prison requests tomorrow though. That is unless he keeps using theEddie as a character witness LOL

Damn it Jim! I have been patiently waiting, not saying anything and what does that get me? Sheesh, so much for going against the "squeeky wheel" theory!

BMF Bronco
03-19-2008, 04:29 PM
Hmmm, the committee considers this type of conduct to its members just short of a legitimate death wish. I believe the motion to dismiss your God Like powers just gained a strong foothold thwack

she's a member? ****, well, um, I was kidding, go look, it will be "fixed"

Old Dude
03-19-2008, 04:35 PM
Rules for ROUND EIGHT

Enter ...The Shadows

http://www.bitey.com/images/blogImg/shadowRoot/campfireShadows.png

Here are your new teams.

Team Orange Dragon

http://www.webweaver.nu/clipart/img/fantasy/dragons/dragon-orange.gif

ApaOps5
Bizzybone7
BMFBronco
Bronco Yoda
Conklin
Dagmar
Falconer
Hotrod
Jens1893
TheDave
Tribster
Shadow of Anubis
Shadow of claviculasolomonis
Shadow of Crushaholic
Shadow of Dark_hawk
Shadow of Gunns
Shadow of JCMElway
Shadow of missingnumber7
Shadow of Punisher
Shadow of smalltowngrll
Shadow of TheSportsGuru
Shadow of OSKIE!!!

And in this corner .....

Team Blue Tiger

http://bluetigerathletics.homestead.com/files/4.0_Blue_Tiger_Head_Black.JPG

Anubis
claviculasolomonis
Crushaholic
Dark_hawk
Gunns
JCMElway
missingnumber7
Punisher
smalltowngrll
TheSportsGuru
OSKIE!!!
Shadow of ApaOps5
Shadow of Bizzybone7
Shadow of BMFBronco
Shadow of Bronco Yoda
Shadow of Conklin
Shadow of Dagmar
Shadow of Falconer
Shadow of Hotrod
Shadow of Jens1893
Shadow of TheDave
Shadow of Tribster

All asterisks have been removed, and will no longer count for tiebreakers. However, anyone missing a vote from here on out (or who votes for an illegal target) goes directly to the Celestial Jury. You MAY choose to have your Shadow miss a vote without suffering any penalty. More on that below.

Hotrod has immunity this round. (But his Shadow doesn't)

You will probably notice that each team has some new members.

Here's how it works.

Each of you has gained a "shadow" which has been assigned to the opposing team. It is under your control and has 1 vote. You each control your own vote, as well as that of your shadow. Players and shadows may only vote against members of the opposing team. Thus, by using your own vote and that of your personal shadow, you will effectively be able to cast one vote against a member of each team. Theoretically, you CAN target your own shadow and vice versa.

Shadows are fragile. Any vote by anyone against a shadow will destroy it.

All the "killed" shadows will be cleaned off the "board" before we calculate the "real" deaths for the round.

We are going to try to kill FOUR people this round.

But here's the catch. If a "real" player is killed during this round (and future rounds unless and until I say otherwise), but his shadow somehow survives, the shadow "becomes real" and from that point forward it has to be killed just like any other "real" player. That is to say, a single vote won't usually do the trick. This essentially results in (a) the permanent death of the Shadow and (b) the player switching teams.

Of course, if your Shadow has already been killed, and then you get killed, it's off to the Jury with you.

(Shadows don't serve on the jury. Dead shadows are simply whisked away.)

THE TOP TWO VOTE-GETTERS THIS ROUND (non-shadows, of course, and one for each team) will BE AWARDED MUCH-COVETED AMULETS OF THE PLACEBO. Their powers will remain a mystery to all.

THE SECOND AND THIRD PLACE VOTE-GETTERS ON EACH TEAM WILL DIE (unless, of course, they have a shadow sanctuary.) That's potentially four stiffs, for those of you who are counting.

VOTES for all players (and their SHADOWS) are due by 5:00 PM Thursday.

Blueflame
03-19-2008, 04:41 PM
she's a member? ****, well, um, I was kidding, go look, it will be "fixed"

Mwahahahaha.... ;D

Jens1893
03-19-2008, 04:42 PM
Do the top two overall vote getters get the amulet, regardless of the team they are on, or do the top two vote getters on EACH team get this amulet?

Pick Six
03-19-2008, 04:42 PM
Oh, good grief...

OBF1
03-19-2008, 04:43 PM
CBF, when are you planning to ask your employer to pay you in rep?

What do you mean planning on??? I have been getting weekly rep checks for months now. ROFL!

Hotrod
03-19-2008, 04:43 PM
So wait OD I only get one vote???

Mediator12
03-19-2008, 04:45 PM
Welcome to the ****** roundz Bitches! Watch your backs ;D

BTW Jens,

It's good to be the Witch King!

OBF1
03-19-2008, 04:45 PM
I am so confused ???

Old Dude
03-19-2008, 04:46 PM
Do the top two overall vote getters get the amulet, regardless of the team they are on, or do the top two vote getters on EACH team get this amulet?

There are only two amulets. One for the top vote-getter on each team.

OBF1
03-19-2008, 04:46 PM
Do I get 2 votes this round or just the standard 1 :wave:

Old Dude
03-19-2008, 04:48 PM
So wait OD I only get one vote???

You get one. Your shadow gets one. You get to give your shadow orders and most of the time it will follow them.

OBF1
03-19-2008, 04:48 PM
Silent more on: Hotrod, let me know who we are voting for this time. OD still needs to let me know if I have 1 or 2 votes this round. Yeah I know I was "Voted" off, but I fail to accept the vote and will continue to play the game.

Old Dude
03-19-2008, 04:49 PM
Do I get 2 votes this round or just the standard 1 :wave:

You get one more vote. In the jury room. To help decide the winner.

OBF1
03-19-2008, 04:49 PM
You get one. Your shadow gets one. You get to give your shadow orders and most of the time it will follow them.

You are so screwed. A "New special power" that can not be controlled Hilarious!

OBF1
03-19-2008, 04:50 PM
You get one more vote. In the jury room. To help decide the winner.

Okay, I am voting for Clavi:thumbsup:

Old Dude
03-19-2008, 04:51 PM
Gotta go for awhile, so study the rule sand save questions or later. Or you can send them to ODTY.

TheDave
03-19-2008, 04:52 PM
You feel violated ???

Thanks again to Old Dude and his ****ing piece of **** special ****ing weapons. 2 times I have got it and 2 times I have been ****ed by his ****ing ****

I swear one day I am going to shove this game up his b**** *** and **** him so hard he will not be able to sit for a ******* month.

How is this for a rant :wiggle:

Blah, Blah, Blah... NEXT!

Broncoman13
03-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Can your own vote be for either team?

Broncoman13
03-19-2008, 04:53 PM
My votes are for sale... PM me!

Ha!

Mediator12
03-19-2008, 04:54 PM
Gotta go for awhile, so study the rule sand save questions or later. Or you can send them to ODTY.

What Am I? Hey, Rules questions on the Shadow rounds should go to the Shadow King Right?

Hotrod
03-19-2008, 04:55 PM
You are so screwed. A "New special power" that can not be controlled Hilarious!

LOL I noticed that and didnt much care for it. I've been known to be a smart ass from time to time. I can just see my shadow voting for me.

Mediator12
03-19-2008, 04:56 PM
My votes are for sale... PM me!

Ha!

What shame you have come to. A Hall of Maner selling his votes on Survivor.

PS What's you price ;D

Punisher
03-19-2008, 04:57 PM
Ok so Hotord is my shadow???

Broncoman13
03-19-2008, 04:57 PM
Jesus people!!! It was a joke... I hit refresh and I have 4 PMs already.

MY VOTE IS NOT FOR SALE. I AM VOTING FOR CBF1 & ONLY CBF1!

Hotrod
03-19-2008, 04:58 PM
Ok so Hotord is my shadow???

Im stuck to you like glue stuck on something sticky

Pick Six
03-19-2008, 05:07 PM
I'm naming my shadow Buzz...

Hotrod
03-19-2008, 05:08 PM
I'll call mine 5 o'clock

Punisher
03-19-2008, 05:12 PM
Ok this is how it goes Hotord is my Shadow I'm Also Hotord Shadow so basically I tell him who to vote for and he tells me who to vote for.:)

Arkansas Bronco
03-19-2008, 05:13 PM
I vote for all the shadows to die. I win....well tied with Med I guess.

Pick Six
03-19-2008, 05:15 PM
I guess Hotrod gets 4 votes...2 for Hotrod and 2 for dortoH..

Mediator12
03-19-2008, 05:16 PM
Ok this is how it goes Hotord is my Shadow I'm Also Hotord Shadow so basically I tell him who to vote for and he tells me who to vote for.:)

So, Basically you are confused who you are voting for and Hotrod will be confused by who you tell him to vote for. Nice strategy. Just remember, the Susan Lucci to the Susan Lucci is still going out next round ;D

Broncoman13
03-19-2008, 05:16 PM
I'm naming my shadow Rocky. Fitting for survivor no? Blue Tigers, eye of the tiger... he could very well end up with one mega freaking pair of platinum nutz! CBF1 better take cover and go get himself some tea bags!

TheDave
03-19-2008, 05:17 PM
I'm naming my shadow Rocky. Fitting for survivor no? Blue Tigers, eye of the tiger...

You're an idiot...

BMF Bronco
03-19-2008, 05:23 PM
Oskie is going to hit 10K posts in Survivor, how fitting!

Blueflame
03-19-2008, 05:23 PM
...and the updated scorecard....

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii73/dmajorfifth/OMSurvivorV_round7.jpg

Jens1893
03-19-2008, 05:25 PM
Are you going to play next year, Blue?

Hotrod
03-19-2008, 05:27 PM
A survivor flashback

"Thank god I died before we lost the beer."

DBroncos4life

Broncoman13
03-19-2008, 05:30 PM
You're an idiot...

Magic 8-ball says "Tell Dave to go **** himself"

I'd pass on the message but I know it will only keep you occupied for a minute or two.

cbs1177
03-19-2008, 05:40 PM
Some days you are the bird and some days you are the just washed car.

Blueflame
03-19-2008, 05:46 PM
Are you going to play next year, Blue?

Playing would be fun, but having mod powers would give me an unfair advantage, I'm thinking. That's why I haven't played in the earlier seasons. ;)

Bronco Yoda
03-19-2008, 05:59 PM
Rules for ROUND EIGHT

Enter ...The Shadows

Here are your new teams.

Team Orange Dragon

ApaOps5
Bizzybone7
BMFBronco
Bronco Yoda
Conklin
Dagmar
Falconer
Hotrod
Jens1893
TheDave
Tribster
Shadow of Anubis
Shadow of Crushaholic
Shadow of Dark_hawk
Shadow of Gunns
Shadow of JCMElway
Shadow of missingnumber7
Shadow of Punisher
Shadow of smalltowngrll
Shadow of TheSportsGuru
Shadow of OSKIE!!!

And in this corner .....

Team Blue Tiger

Anubis
claviculasolomonis
Crushaholic
Dark_hawk
Gunns
JCMElway
missingnumber7
Punisher
smalltowngrll
TheSportsGuru
OSKIE!!!
Shadow of ApaOps5
Shadow of Bizzybone7
Shadow of BMFBronco
Shadow of Bronco Yoda
Shadow of Conklin
Shadow of Dagmar
Shadow of Falconer
Shadow of Hotrod
Shadow of Jens1893
Shadow of TheDave
Shadow of Tribster

All asterisks have been removed, and will no longer count for tiebreakers. However, anyone missing a vote from here on out (or who votes for an illegal target) goes directly to the Celestial Jury. You MAY choose to have your Shadow miss a vote without suffering any penalty. More on that below.

Here's how it works.

Each of you has gained a "shadow" which has been assigned to the opposing team. It is under your control and has 1 vote. You each control your own vote, as well as that of your shadow. Players and shadows may only vote against members of the opposing team. Thus, by using your own vote and that of your personal shadow, you will effectively be able to cast one vote against a member of each team. Theoretically, you CAN target your own shadow and vice versa.

All the "killed" shadows will be cleaned off the "board" before we calculate the "real" deaths for the round.

But here's the catch. If a "real" player is killed during this round (and future rounds unless and until I say otherwise), but his shadow somehow survives, the shadow "becomes real" and from that point forward it has to be killed just like any other "real" player. That is to say, a single vote won't usually do the trick. This essentially results in (a) the permanent death of the Shadow and (b) the player switching teams.

Of course, if your Shadow has already been killed, and then you get killed, it's off to the Jury with you.

THE TOP TWO VOTE-GETTERS THIS ROUND (non-shadows, of course, and one for each team) will BE AWARDED MUCH-COVETED AMULETS OF THE PLACEBO. Their powers will remain a mystery to all.

THE SECOND AND THIRD PLACE VOTE-GETTERS ON EACH TEAM WILL DIE (unless, of course, they have a shadow sanctuary.) That's potentially four stiffs, for those of you who are counting.

You're kidding right? step away from the D&D books and back into the light. Next we'll be getting directions in elvish tongue...

ok, who borrowed by 12 sided dice?

Jens1893
03-19-2008, 06:04 PM
Playing would be fun, but having mod powers would give me an unfair advantage, I'm thinking. That's why I haven't played in the earlier seasons. ;)

And there was me thinking you were an admin. :wiggle:

Just ask TJ to strip you off your powers for the duration of the game. :)

Bronco Yoda
03-19-2008, 06:06 PM

Just ask TJ to strip you for the duration of the game. :)

there...I fixed it for you.

I should be a mod :sunshine:

Old Dude
03-19-2008, 06:10 PM
You're kidding right? step away from the D&D books and back into the light. Next we'll be getting directions in elvish tongue...

Study up on your Drow if you know what's good for you.

Arkansas Bronco
03-19-2008, 06:14 PM
Who the hell you think you are? Drizzt?

JCMElway
03-19-2008, 06:16 PM

ok, who borrowed by 12 sided dice?

Well, these shadows are fragile, so they must be only one hit-die creatures. And it seems pretty easy to hit them, so they must have an armour class of only 8 or above. I don't think I'll go after them. Not a lot of experience points to be had by killing such a weak creature. Now theDave or smalltowngrll on the other hand, if I could take them out I might automatically go up to 4th level!

Now that the Hedgetrimmers of Vexation are out of the game (Cursed weapon, treat as a broadswoard, 1-8 damage, two attacks per round) we only have our shadows to attack with. But I trust OD the DM to put some interesting weapon in the game.

Bronco Yoda
03-19-2008, 06:27 PM
Study up on your Drow if you know what's good for you.

hrmmmm.... you speak of the dark side. All around us ...it is. forever all your bases belong to us no more...

Old Dude
03-19-2008, 06:27 PM
To clarify, since this seems to be confusing some people.

You are basically running two "entries." Yourself and your Shadow self.

They each have one vote.

PM the votes to me, as usual. Just include your "Shadow-self" vote with your regular vote. Or you can send it separately if you insist.

You may choose to have your Shadow-self vote against any player or any shadow on the team to which it does not belong.

When you cast your own vote, you can also target any player or any shadow on the team to which your regular self does not belong.

Shadows are fragile. It only takes one vote to kill them, and it makes no difference whatsoever where they wind up in the relative pecking order for votes that round.

We could easily see 8 or 10 or 15 "shadows" die in a single round. It just depends how you all choose to distribute your votes.

If 10 people each cast a vote against the same shadow, it's just as dead as it would have been if it only took one hit. That would be overkill. But some folks are into that. Go figure.

After all the votes are "launched" then I will decide who dies.

The first thing I do is to kill every shadow that took a hit.

Then I compare the votes against the "real" players, including votes that were launched by shadows (even the ones who were mowed down in the first part of the round).

The top single vote-getting player on each team gets a special prize: The Amulet of Placebo.

The second place finisher on each team is destroyed.

The third place finisher on each team is destroyed.

However, before I send the losers to the jury, I will check and see if their Shadow-selves somehow survived the Round. If the player's shadow survived, then instead of sending the player to the Jury, I simply put the player in whatever slot was occupied by the Shadow. So the player doesn't die after all.

His Shadow, in that case, saved him.

And if that happens, his Shadow is gone. So the shadows can only save your butt once. And only if they are still "alive" when you would otherwise be sent packing.

If you want to irritate someone, kill their shadow. This will make sure that they only have control over one vote the next round, instead of two. Moreover, you will have destroyed their "safety net." If the player should die in that round or at any round later on, the Shadow won't be there to save him.

Hotrod has immunity this round.

But shadows never get immunity. And Hotrod's may be targeted like anyone else's.

For those of you who still want to irritate Hotrod.

Blueflame
03-19-2008, 06:30 PM

Just ask TJ to strip you off your powers for the duration of the game. :)

;D

Well, I could promise not to use my powers... of course everyone would believe me because no one ever lies in Survivor... :~ohyah!:

Blueflame
03-19-2008, 06:32 PM
there...I fixed it for you.

I should be a mod :sunshine:

Ha! Hilarious! LOL Naughty!

Old Dude
03-19-2008, 06:36 PM

Nope. I am Zlash Inflezzo, Neutral Evil Human Rogue 2, Bard 7, Druid 1, Ur-Priest 1, Sublime Chord 1, Fochluchan Lyrist 8. And let me tell you something, it wasn't easy.

Hotrod
03-19-2008, 06:37 PM
For those of you who still want to irritate Hotrod.

Yes, Im sure he is talking about you STG

Old Dude
03-19-2008, 06:41 PM
If you want to irritate someone, kill their shadow. This will make sure that they only have control over one vote the next round, instead of two. Moreover, you will have destroyed their "safety net." If the player should die in that round or at any round later on, the Shadow won't be there to save him.

Of course, while you are busy messing with People's Shadows, you might be getting targeted "for real."

Bronco Yoda
03-19-2008, 06:48 PM
but I have no dark side... thus my shadow must be a mirage?

Mirage's have special secret defensive powers...right?

Pick Six
03-19-2008, 06:50 PM
but I have no dark side... thus my shadow must be a mirage?

Mirage's have special secret defensive powers...right?

I don't know about that, but I hear it has some great slot machines...;)

BMF Bronco
03-19-2008, 06:52 PM
and hookers!

Bronco Yoda
03-19-2008, 06:55 PM
that reminds me... The winner still gets an all paid expenses trip for two to Vegas.... right?

You da' man OD!!!!! I don't care what the rest of these scheming cut-throats say (and trust me they all say a lot but I defend you)... you're all right in my book! :)

Old Dude
03-19-2008, 07:05 PM
What Am I? Hey, Rules questions on the Shadow rounds should go to the Shadow King Right?

Yeah. I'm pretty sure Med's got the rules down too, so feel free to submit your questions to him. His answers won't be 100% official, but close to it.

If you get confused after talking with him, go read the rules again and then just take your best shot and see what happens.

Be careful about making an illegal vote though, because that will kill you instantly.

Old Dude
03-19-2008, 07:12 PM
20,389 and we're probably more than halfway through this game. Pck it up people. We need more angst.

Bronco Yoda
03-19-2008, 07:13 PM
Don't forget to tell everyone about that Mirage thingy.
"Mirage's bounce back in-coming vote back to the sender X3)

Old Dude
03-19-2008, 07:14 PM
i'm still waiting for my pm's?

I think they were referred to ODTY. I'll check with him later.

Bronco Yoda
03-19-2008, 07:17 PM
btw, I had a '24' hour backside rash thanks to that possession round. What sorta cream works for this?

Old Dude
03-19-2008, 07:19 PM
Remember, BMF Bronco now has three votes for the next round before he drops to the jury pool. Missingnumber7 does not, having been completely devoured.

Well, I'm glad we got that straightened out. How much longer before we get to BMF's Petition for Super Powers?

Broncoman13
03-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Nice knowing you ****ers

:strong:

Arkansas Bronco
03-19-2008, 09:05 PM
So me and med get 3 votes Im confused. And where the hell did our shadows go. I looked like flippin peter pan today running around without one.

theAPAOps5
03-19-2008, 09:32 PM
btw, I had a '24' hour backside rash thanks to that possession round. What sorta cream works for this?

Yeah 24CB is a nasty little virus.

theAPAOps5
03-19-2008, 09:37 PM

That book series was my favorite as a kid.

Arkansas Bronco
03-19-2008, 09:45 PM
That book series was my favorite as a kid.

Thanks now I need to hurt myself. I just read it like 3 years ago...

Plus the new books much more recent.

Arkansas Bronco
03-19-2008, 09:49 PM
Please OD give me some shanks I need to hurt some people.

OBF1
03-20-2008, 02:08 AM
Okay, I got my votes in.... Die a horrible death ******

Do I get 4 votes since I have the trimmers???

OBF1
03-20-2008, 02:10 AM
who are we going to target next round

missingnumber7
03-20-2008, 04:19 AM
wow....I miss lots while I sleep...hmmm...this definately got interesting.

OBF1
03-20-2008, 05:11 AM
Willing to trade my jury vote for rep :)

Broncoman13
03-20-2008, 08:47 AM
who are we going to target next round

Whoever you would like, just let me know. You can send the info in a rep comment, that would be fine.

Ratboy
03-20-2008, 09:44 AM
We get 2 votes right?

alkemical
03-20-2008, 09:45 AM
man, work is so crazy right now............

Mediator12
03-20-2008, 10:35 AM
Well, I'm glad we got that straightened out. How much longer before we get to BMF's Petition for Super Powers?

BMF threatened one of the Committee members back in post #2867 and then tried to play nice. Dude does not read the rules, threatens committee members, and then wants special "god Like Superpowers"?

What would we do without players like him :thumbs:

Old Dude
03-20-2008, 11:02 AM
BMF threatened one of the Committee members back in post #2867 and then tried to play nice. Dude does not read the rules, threatens committee members, and then wants special "god Like Superpowers"?

What would we do without players like him :thumbs:

Well, I guess we'll have to take up the whole threat thing first, before we can even think about addressing the Petition for Super Powers. I'm kind of tied up until July 2014, but maybe we can take up the threat issue in August of that year.

missingnumber7
03-20-2008, 11:10 AM
and hookers!

Where...I got money.

OldDudetheYounger
03-20-2008, 11:27 AM
I think they were referred to ODTY. I'll check with him later.

PM's? I ain't got no stinkin' PMs!

Hotrod
03-20-2008, 11:31 AM
Wait a second the vote deadline is 5pm whats up with that???

Old Dude
03-20-2008, 11:50 AM
PM's? I ain't got no stinkin' PMs!

It's true. It's true! And what a waste because ODTY knows virtually everything and can easily be bribed! What are you people thinking?

Hotrod
03-20-2008, 12:00 PM
Can I get clarification on the 5pm south east asian time zone deadline???

Old Dude
03-20-2008, 12:08 PM
Uhm. It's 9:14 in Dever right now. So the votes are due in 7 hours and 46 minutes.

theAPAOps5
03-20-2008, 12:10 PM
You suck at math Hotrod.

Old Dude
03-20-2008, 12:11 PM
5 pm in denver.

but I will be on the road, so results won't be in until later this evening.

Broncoman13
03-20-2008, 12:13 PM
This sucks... WTF am I supposed to do with my lunch break now?

JCMElway
03-20-2008, 12:17 PM
Wow. no PMs today, this is spooky............

TheDave
03-20-2008, 12:18 PM
5 pm in denver.

Great, just what we need. A few more hours to "coordinate" the orange vote. I say the odds are 50/50 that TJ gets voted out.

We suck...

theAPAOps5
03-20-2008, 12:24 PM
5 pm in denver.

Thats so not cool. Its like you are doing this voluntarily or something!

Mediator12
03-20-2008, 12:28 PM
It's true. It's true! And what a waste because ODTY knows virtually everything and can easily be bribed! What are you people thinking?

I told people earlier that they should pick up on whom could be had for a price, but NO they think they do it themselves. Good luck with that ;D

BTW, OD I can not help with the votes tonight. Big Client Shindig at Morton's downtown. Sorry, if that makes it go a little longer for the contestants who do not need help! I'll feel sorry for you all over my Porterhouse !Booya!

Old Dude
03-20-2008, 12:32 PM
Thats so not cool. Its like you are doing this voluntarily or something!

The problem is that I have a lot on my plate today.

The 5 pm deadline is mostly for the convenience ofthe players, and to give everyone a little more time to grasp the rules changes.

ODTY and Mediator12 both understand the new rules, so if you folks have any last second questions, you can ask either of them.

I will probably not get a chance to post the results before 8 pm tonight. If I can, I will, but no promises.

Tomorrow's vote (Round 9) will be under the same rules system that we are using this round. That vote will be due at noon on Friday, as usual. We will have Placebo Amulets for the top vote-getter on each team, and we will kill the second place people. So 2 people can die (unless one or both manage to escape via their shadow "insurance.")

The next vote after that (Round 10) won't be due until Noon Monday.

Hotrod
03-20-2008, 12:41 PM
Results after 8pm I wont even be able to be around then to have my meltdown....oh wait "You cant touch this"....break it down "hammer time"

http://www.bumperactive.com/images/blogPix/kyle/98/oh_oh_oh_oh_oh_oh_oh_cant_touch_this.jpg

smalltowngrll
03-20-2008, 12:49 PM
Yes, Im sure he is talking about you STG

Of course...It's my favorite pasttime!

I tried to vote you out...but I didn't realize you were the target for the other camp as well. :tearhair:

alkemical
03-20-2008, 01:13 PM
Results after 8pm I wont even be able to be around then to have my meltdown....oh wait "You cant touch this"....break it down "hammer time"

http://www.bumperactive.com/images/blogPix/kyle/98/oh_oh_oh_oh_oh_oh_oh_cant_touch_this.jpg

you are so white you are clear

Hotrod
03-20-2008, 01:15 PM
you are so white you are clear

LOL

I dance like I have pole up my ass..........thank God I had enough $ to get the ladys drunk when I was single doing the bar scene alot.

worm
03-20-2008, 01:35 PM
I told people earlier that they should pick up on whom could be had for a price, but NO they think they do it themselves. Good luck with that ;D

BTW, OD I can not help with the votes tonight. Big Client Shindig at Morton's downtown. Sorry, if that makes it go a little longer for the contestants who do not need help! I'll feel sorry for you all over my Porterhouse !Booya!

What? Not St Elmo? Cheapass clients.

Mediator12
03-20-2008, 01:43 PM
What? Not St Elmo? Cheapass clients.

LOL

Actually, we go hit the bar at St. Elmo's for the Infamous Shrimp Coctail. Then, we head over to Morton's. St. Elmo's has lost all consistency over the last 4-5 years and Morton's has been improving over that same span IMHO.

Just finished a Shapiro's Reuben though and their CB is still better than most New York Deli's ;D Overall, a good Indy food day.

Old Dude
03-20-2008, 01:44 PM
QUESTION. If a shadow is killed, does its "vote" in that round still count? Or does the vote the shadow tried to make dissipate with the shadow?

The shadow still vote counts.

Think of it like this.

Step one: Everyone (including shadows) fire their guns.

Step two: The shadows get hit by bullets.

Step three: All shadows hit by any bullets (from any source) die and go away.

Step four: Players are hit by bullets.

Step five: We calculate which players come in first, second and third on each team.

Step six: The "first place" people are safe and receive magic Placebo trinkets.

Step seven: the second and third place people fall toward the howling abyss known as the Celestial Jury.

Step eight: if any of the second or third place "falling people" happen to have a shadow that is still alive -then said person or persons do not fall into the abyss. Instead, they take the slot of their living shadow (which would be on the other team, by definition), and their shadow goes away. In other words, the shadow has "saved" them. But it's a trick that only works once.

If you start a round without a shadow, then when you die, you die.

If your shadow is killed earlier in the same round that you die, you die.

If you are saved by your shadow, you take its place. From that point on, you have no shadow. Nor may you cast future shadow votes. The shadow has died instead of you.

Hotrod
03-20-2008, 01:47 PM
QUESTION. If a shadow is killed, does its "vote" in that round still count? Or does the vote the shadow tried to make dissipate with the shadow?

The shadow still vote counts.

Think of it like this.

Step one: Everyone (including shadows) fire their guns.

Step two: The shadows get hit by bullets.

Step three: All shadows hit by any bullets (from any source) die and go away.

Step four: Players are hit by bullets.

Step five: We calculate which players come in first, second and third on each team.

Step six: The "first place" people are safe and receive magic Placebo trinkets.

Step seven: the second and third place people fall toward the howling abyss known as the Celestial Jury.

Step eight: if any of the second or third place "falling people" happen to have a shadow that is still alive -then said person or persons do not fall into the abyss. Instead, they take the slot of their living shadow (which would be on the other team, by definition), and their shadow goes away. In other words, the shadow has "saved" them. But it's a trick that only works once.

If you start a round without a shadow, then when you die, you die.

If your shadow is killed earlier in the same round that you die, you die.

If you are saved by your shadow, you take its place. From that point on, you have no shadow. Nor may you cast future shadow votes. The shadow has died instead of you.

What if your shadow comes in first place does he win shadow immunity???

I ask because quite frankly my shadow seems to have pissed off alot of other shadows.

Old Dude
03-20-2008, 01:47 PM
QUESTION: Must shadows vote?

No. Each player must vote, and failure to do so would be an instant death, but casting a second vote from their shadow is always optional.

Old Dude
03-20-2008, 01:49 PM
What if your shadow comes in first place does he win shadow immunity???

There is no shadow immunity.

Any and all shadows that suffer a vote from any other shadow or any other player will die. Period.

theAPAOps5
03-20-2008, 01:50 PM
If your shadow doesn't vote is it eliminated.

Hotrod
03-20-2008, 01:53 PM
What if my shadow makes an illegal vote is he dead or is it ok since he is not required to vote?

OBF1
03-20-2008, 01:54 PM
Damn it Hotrod, Just use your 4 votes like the rest of us and get on with the game. It is pretty simple. I am starting to think TheEddie was right calling you a moron in the PM he sent me.

Mediator12
03-20-2008, 01:55 PM
If your shadow doesn't vote is it eliminated.

Nope, but it might not piss off someone if it does not vote. Then again, why would you waste an opportunity to piss someone off :thumbsup:

Hotrod
03-20-2008, 01:55 PM
Damn it Hotrod, Just use your 4 votes like the rest of us and get on with the game. It is pretty simple. I am starting to think TheEddie was right calling you a moron in the PM he sent me.

Is that 4 each or 2 for me and 2 for my shadow.

Who did you vote for this round anyway???

Old Dude
03-20-2008, 01:56 PM
If your shadow doesn't vote is it eliminated[?].

No. Shadows are not required to vote. They can pick their nose or play tiddly winks or or watch I Love Lucy Re-Runs.

I would appreciate it if you would TELL me what your shadow is doing, but if I don't hear anything, I'll assume it's goofing around.

It would be a strange strategy for a shadow NOT to vote, but whatever floats your boat...

OBF1
03-20-2008, 01:56 PM
By the way, If Bizzy get's knocked out this round, I get back into the game in his place, Just as if it was CBS1177 with his hedge trimmers. I voted for him 2x and 2x with my shadow.

Old Dude
03-20-2008, 01:57 PM
What if my shadow makes an illegal vote is he dead or is it ok since he is not required to vote?

Shadows can make illegal votes. We'll just ignore them.

OBF1
03-20-2008, 01:57 PM
Is that 4 each or 2 for me and 2 for my shadow.

Who did you vote for this round anyway???

You finally get it :notworthy

Hotrod
03-20-2008, 01:58 PM
By the way, If Bizzy get's knocked out this round, I get back into the game in his place, Just as if it was CBS1177 with his hedge trimmers. I voted for him 2x and 2x with my shadow.

I was just looking around for your shadow and could not find him. It must be really cloudy where you are :)

Mediator12
03-20-2008, 02:00 PM
OD, I told you they would like this Round. BWUHAHAHAHA!

\Secret mode On:

Plus, I get to plant my supersecret pm readers into the shadows so they infiltratre both teams. SWEET! Now, if we could just tap into their external communications like Cell phones, Email, and IM's. How is that warrant coming BTW?

Secret Mode off/

OBF1
03-20-2008, 02:02 PM
Dortoh, Check your pm's

Ratboy
03-20-2008, 02:21 PM
Is it still the Noon deadline?

theAPAOps5
03-20-2008, 02:24 PM
No its 5pm

Punisher
03-20-2008, 02:26 PM
i'm Going Crazy Over This Shadow Thing! :holyguac! :tearhair: :griese: :alghh:

Ratboy
03-20-2008, 02:27 PM
I'm sending in mine now, I don't trust Apa.

Ratboy
03-20-2008, 02:34 PM
Holy ****.. THIS IS AWESOME!!

http://friendlyatheist.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/jesus-and-dinosaur1.jpg

Jesus rides Dinosaurs!

Ratboy
03-20-2008, 02:35 PM
I now believe in jesus. This is just the evidence i needed.

Ratboy
03-20-2008, 02:37 PM
Rules for ROUND EIGHT

Enter ...The Shadows

Here are your new teams.

Team Orange Dragon

ApaOps5
Bizzybone7
BMFBronco
Bronco Yoda
Conklin
Dagmar
Falconer
Hotrod
Jens1893
TheDave
Tribster
Shadow of Anubis
Shadow of Crushaholic
Shadow of Dark_hawk
Shadow of Gunns
Shadow of JCMElway
Shadow of missingnumber7
Shadow of Punisher
Shadow of smalltowngrll
Shadow of TheSportsGuru
Shadow of OSKIE!!!

And in this corner .....

Team Blue Tiger

Anubis
claviculasolomonis
Crushaholic
Dark_hawk
Gunns
JCMElway
missingnumber7
Punisher
smalltowngrll
TheSportsGuru
OSKIE!!!
Shadow of ApaOps5
Shadow of Bizzybone7
Shadow of BMFBronco
Shadow of Bronco Yoda
Shadow of Conklin
Shadow of Dagmar
Shadow of Falconer
Shadow of Hotrod
Shadow of Jens1893
Shadow of TheDave
Shadow of Tribster

Here's how it works.

Apa is trustworthy!

(Old Dude, Can i get my 2 votes back? I didn't know Apa was telling the truth)

Conklin
03-20-2008, 03:45 PM
Apa is trustworthy!

crap...i did the same thing...had no clue what to do cuz no one pm'd me with any directions...this sucks

Hotrod
03-20-2008, 03:54 PM
crap...i did the same thing...had no clue what to do cuz no one pm'd me with any directions...this sucks

Just vote for CBF1 and have your shadow do the same

missingnumber7
03-20-2008, 04:24 PM
HOLY, woke up from a nap, it had been a long 20 hours. I have been going non stop and hadn't even thought about voting.

theAPAOps5
03-20-2008, 04:30 PM
Apa is trustworthy!

Try reading the thread dumbass. :thumbs: :kiss:

Mediator12
03-20-2008, 04:34 PM
HOLY, woke up from a nap, it had been a long 20 hours. I have been going non stop and hadn't even thought about voting.

Good thing the vote is at 5pm today, or you and your weak ass shadow would be taking a dirt nap.

\Secret Mode On:

Thanks for all you do Missingnumber7. I do not care about last years game at all. Be Safe!

Secret mode Off/

alkemical
03-20-2008, 04:36 PM
you have an invalid switch syntax

Ratboy
03-20-2008, 05:05 PM
Try reading the thread dumbass. :thumbs: :kiss:

What thread?

Arkansas Bronco
03-20-2008, 05:20 PM
You say something Med? Anyway what happened to our shadows? Also if we find em how is the proper way to sow em back on?