PDA

View Full Version : Favre Retires

TDmvp
03-04-2008, 10:30 AM
on mike and mike now ... mort called in and confirmed

njbronco93
03-04-2008, 10:34 AM
lol he went out iin a wondeful way..............and INT lol HAHAHAHHAHA **** U FARVE

TDmvp
03-04-2008, 10:36 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3276034

Atlas
03-04-2008, 10:36 AM
good for him, can we drop it now?

montrose
03-04-2008, 10:37 AM
Congrats to Favre on a great career. Congrats to me as I don't have to have him shoved down my throat next season.

TDmvp
03-04-2008, 10:38 AM
lol he went out iin a wondeful way..............and INT lol HAHAHAHHAHA **** U FARVE

LOLOLOL he threw the most ever in the history of the game.... so fitting his last pass is one ...

poor baby didn't get Moss , so he gona quit ..

worm

He did 1000% more than you will ever do in your pathetic little life. What a miserable human being you must be,

backup qb
End of an era. Favre was a stud. It wasn't his fault he got shoved down our throats. Ok, I guess the will I or won't I stuff got old.

Man-Goblin
03-04-2008, 10:40 AM
I'm pretty shocked at this, and I'm still not sure if I believe it. He has a good young team and he proved he could still play last year.

Jason in LA
03-04-2008, 10:41 AM
I've always been a Farve fan. But he jumped the shark in that game MNF game against the Broncos. I got sick of hearing about the guy that night. The funny thing was that the broadcasters were going crazy over him all night, and at the end of 4 quarters the Packers only had 10 points on the board. But the broadcasters were acting like he was lighting the place up.

TDmvp
03-04-2008, 10:47 AM
he took his ball and went home cause he didn't get his way "moss"

Not a Brett fan ... so Flame me .....
i think he is overrated ... and a compiler .... and not top 5 .... what has he done in the playoffs in the last 10 years besides throw highlite reel ints ...

i like Brett the man way more then Brett the player ... i would drink a beer with Brett ... i just think he is over rated cause he get so much press for "saving" the packers...

clint7
03-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Greeny called him out on SportsCenter for being a drama queen about this every season for the past five years. :)

400HZ
03-04-2008, 10:52 AM
I'll believe this in September.

njbronco93
03-04-2008, 10:53 AM
He did 1000% more than you will ever do in your pathetic little life. What a miserable human being you must be,

wat does that have to do with my dislike for him?????

Yes he probs has a great life

Orange_Beard
03-04-2008, 10:56 AM
In a related story Tony Kornheiser threw himself off the Empire State building. He left a note saying his heart was broken and he could not go on any longer.

summerdenver
03-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Congrats to Brett.

Brett was great player and i enjoyed watching him. He is also very unpretentious and a simple guy for a superstar. Media hype was definitely annoying but i would not blame Brett for that.

Dendave
03-04-2008, 11:04 AM
Living in Detroit and being a Lion season ticket holder, watching him play every year was a sight to see, he was surely one of the best

spdirty
03-04-2008, 11:06 AM
In a related story Tony Kornheiser threw himself off the Empire State building. He left a note saying his heart was broken and he could not go on any longer.

really? Party time!!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbs: :pimp: :militia: :charge: :espnsux:

wha...what about Madden?

Binkythefrog
03-04-2008, 11:19 AM
I loved watching Farve. I think he played QB in an incredible way, using improvisation and that awesome arm of his to do things no QB (besides Elway) could do.

So what if he had more INT's than anyone else. He probably was the most entertaining QB to watch in the past few years. While Brady and Peyton have the amazing stats, sometimes they can be boring to watch because they are so analytical and precise and always make the right read and always make the right throw. Farve made the game look fun, and the NFL has really lost an amazing player.

In addition, he was someone we could all relate to because of his emotions. With his wife going through cancer and his father passing away, he almost seemed more human than other QB's, and for me that made him more real. His celebrations after even the most meaningless touchdowns showed me that he truly enjoyed playing the game.

I know that the media totally dissed him for his drama surrounding retiring, but seriously, retiring from the NFL would probably be a gut wrenching decision. Just because Farve was more open about it doesn't make him a sissy. It just shows us how much he loved playing football.

Probably my favorite player in the league outside of any Bronco.

Rohirrim
03-04-2008, 11:20 AM
On a related note, John Madden entered rehab at an undisclosed location this morning for treatment of withdrawal.

TailgateNut
03-04-2008, 11:22 AM
On a related note, John Madden entered rehab at an undisclosed location this morning for treatment of withdrawal.

LOL

Killericon
03-04-2008, 11:28 AM
Enter Aaron Rodgers...

Florida_Bronco
03-04-2008, 11:28 AM
I'll admit, I'm a little bit sad to see this, although I definetly think his time has come.

I know there is alot of animosity here for Brett, with many people thinking he kept coming back only to pass Elway's records and the way the broadcasters constantly kissed his ass, but despite that he is still one of the all time greats, a great person, team player and a warrior. I wish more players were like Brett.

It was definetly a privelege to watch him play all these years, and I wish him the best in the future.

snowtrx
03-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Congrats to Brett. Its was a very entertaining career. Its too bad he mostly played horrible in the playoffs, he could of been one of the greatest of all time! We should of known he was going to retire though. It wasn’t about having a good team with a chance, it was about the records. Michael Strahan told me so.

Pick Six
03-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Congrats to Brett. Its was a very entertaining career. Its too bad he mostly played horrible in the playoffs, he could of been one of the greatest of all time! We should of known he was going to retire though. It wasn’t about having a good team with a chance, it was about the records. Michael Strahan told me so.

I'm afraid you're right. He accumulated quite a few records in 2007...

silverwing
03-04-2008, 11:55 AM
Finally.

ND Bronco Fan
03-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Just another person the media jammed down our throats so hard the last few years it temporarily tarnished his image in my mind..........There was no reason to have 2-3 years of the Brett Favre final tour and showing every damn game in primetime they could of. 2 out of those 3 years the Packers were in the bottom third of the league. So I am happy right now he is going away and it will take me a few years again to appreciate the player he was.

Tom H.
03-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Favre was a mans man. Sure he threw a bunch of int's but it's the guts he showed and confidence in his abilities that I admire. On a good day he was one of the best, on a bad day you'd still be nervous.

WolfpackGuy
03-04-2008, 12:00 PM
Fitting how his last play was a wild throw to the other team. Favresque!

TDmvp
03-04-2008, 12:23 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3037656

Mosley: Best in the clutch

It's pretty easy to build a case for Brett Favre as one of the top five quarterbacks of all time based on his numbers, but I'll leave that up to someone else. Favre belongs in that exclusive group because no one performed better in the clutch.

OMG yea right .... slurp him why don't you ....

broncofan2438
03-04-2008, 12:40 PM
Good, but I won't believe it until the season has started and he is not out there

Hogan11
03-04-2008, 12:42 PM
Well, there goes the SNF Brett Farve beershot drinking game.....I guess it'll officially become the Tom Brady Beershot Game next season. That or Payton Manning's...maybe both but that actually depends upon who Madden slobbers over more.

I'm indifferent to his retirement.....at times I liked him, more often than not, I got sick of him very quickly. Can't (and won't) deny the accomplishments by any means, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna have any part in celebrating them.

HorseHead
03-04-2008, 12:57 PM
don't get the haters....

the guy had the utmost respect for Elway...even admitted to kind of cheering for him in SB 32....

good for Bret, now he can go back home to Mississippi and hang out with that hot wife of his....

chaz
03-04-2008, 01:23 PM

completely unnecessary.

I don't understand why there is all the hate for Brett. He had no control over how much commentators talked about him during a game. Maybe he drew out the retirement process every year, but he earned the right to do that by being a HOF QB. If you don't like him, thats up to you, but he has earned respect no matter what your opinion of him is.

Northman
03-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Definitely congrats on a great Career. He was a fun Qb to watch and the last of the old school legends. Enjoy retirement Brett.

alkemical
03-04-2008, 01:30 PM
South Stands Junkie - Mar 4, 2008 9:28 am (#24 of 26) Reply
Wake Up With The King!

FAVRE SITUATION SUDDENLY GETS WEIRD (http://www.thesouthstands.com)

As it turns out, that dark cloud in Wisconsin could quickly become a storm.

Brett Favre's agent, Bus Cook, has told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that Favre wanted to play another year, but that he felt like the Packers didn't want him.

Uh-oh.

"I know he wants to play one more year," Cook said. "I do not know much conversation there was and I don't think anyone forced him to make that decision. But I don't know that anyone tried to talk him out of it."

Uh-oh.

"I think he wanted to play," Cook said. " I think he's still got it. He knows he's still got it. I think he felt he could play one more year. I don't know if they told him they really wanted him to play. That's just the feeling I got."

Uh-oh.

Asked whether Favre could be talked into returning, Cook said, "I don't know."

Well, maybe the media speculation that the guy who brought Favre to Green Bay, former G.M. Ron Wolf, might be whispering to Bill Parcells about trying to get Favre to Miami is more accurate than we initially thought. Because if Favre wants to play another year and if it's not with the Packers, then maybe it will be elsewhere.

But if Favre doesn't play for the Packers in 2008, either because he's playing for someone else or not playing at all, we think that there could be an enormous backlash against the team. Specifically, G.M. Ted Thompson could find himself in the crosshairs of the fans' criticism.

Never mind the fact that Thompson has done an excellent job; the perception that he ran off Brett Favre could be the quickest ticket out of town for Thompson.

If, in the end, Thompson gets saddled with the brunt of the blame for Favre's departure, the pressure on Thompson to leave, too, will be tremendous. And, as a practical matter, it will put him on an incredibly short leash if the team falters in 2008.

bronco militia
03-04-2008, 01:34 PM
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/9905/favrepftmagug4.gif

alkemical
03-04-2008, 01:39 PM
I'm convinced Favre is really having a terrible two's temper tantrum.

TexanBob
03-04-2008, 01:52 PM
Favre is the Roger Clemens of quarterbacks. I wouldn't count him retired until Week 4 and he still isn't signed.

Kaylore
03-04-2008, 02:24 PM
I hope the rumors of the Packers forcing him out against his will are true, because if they're not he's just a stat-padding douche bag.

gunns
03-04-2008, 02:47 PM
don't get the haters....

the guy had the utmost respect for Elway...even admitted to kind of cheering for him in SB 32....

good for Bret, now he can go back home to Mississippi and hang out with that hot wife of his....

And you believed that. I didn't. You honestly think he was cheering for Elway to win in a SB that he was in? I never had a problem with the media hype except the last few years, which he himself created, it was numerous things before that that made me dislike the guy. What else was he going to say about Elway? His behavior before that SB was what cemented my dislike for him. Cocky and sure because of him they were going to win. Media speak. Favre was like Jerry Rice, he had everyone believing he was a good ole boy, both were ego maniacs. That's my opinion.

Brett, if it's true, buh bye and I wish the Packers much success next year.

I'm convinced Favre is really having a terrible two's temper tantrum.

Agreed. How ironic or fitting that this comes out after the Pats resign Moss. Yeah Brett, it was your receivers that denied you a SB trophy last year. No one will ever convince you otherwise.

LittleFloyd
03-04-2008, 03:00 PM
We'll miss you dude.

snowtrx
03-04-2008, 03:14 PM
"See, this is why we traded him. He's a quitter." -- former Falcons coach Jerry Glanville

"Boom! Bam! Pow! That's the sound my giant tears are making when they hit the floor." -- John Madden

"Noooooooo! I'm still 60 sacks short of the all-time record." -- Michael Strahan

"Maybe we should trade for my brother-in-law. He might be good enough to beat out Aaron Rodgers." -- A.J. Hawk

"I tip my 40-ounce mocha double latte with extra whipped cream to his memory." -- Peter King

"What? Worn out after 275 consecutive starts, are you? What a wimpy little girl." -- Cal Ripken Jr.

"Trust me on this: Brett should stick around one more year." -- Tiki Barber

"All that we have now to remember him is game film. Hours and hours and hours of game film." -- Bill Belichick

"If he's feeling tired and beat-up, I know of some stuff that can help with that." -- Shawne Merriman

"Great. Now he'll be more of a regular in our interracial two-hand touch games we play in a nearby wheat field while wearing our Wranglers as our dogs watch from the back of our pickup trucks." -- Brett Favre's friends

"Looks like it's time for The Majik Man to make his triumphant return." -- Don Majkowski

"I make terrible decisions and throw a lot of interceptions. Any chance I can take over his title of 'gunslinger' now?" -- Rex Grossman

"Thanks for retiring after first breaking all of my records. You won't be getting any Isotoners from me next Christmas." -- Dan Marino

"You are a great quarterback and a fine actor. In fact, you are a much better actor than I am." -- Cameron Diaz

"Why did he make this decision so quickly? He still has plenty of time to think through all of his options." -- Terrelle Pryor

"I hope this doesn't mean you are going to run and jump into my arms every time you successfully take the trash out or change a light bulb." -- Deanna Favre

"Brett will love retirement. It's nice not having to stay in shape all the time." -- Gilbert Brown

"Retired? Brett Favre? Any chance he will come out of retirement for a one-year, $40 million contract?" -- Daniel Snyder

"I ended the Patriots' perfect season and sent Brett Favre out of the NFL a loser. Who is man enough to step to this?" -- Eli Manning

"Sweet! I still think I have a good year or two left in me." -- Aaron Rodgers

ward63
03-04-2008, 03:54 PM
I've been telling my buddies for years...whenever warran sapp retires, he should call up brett favre and tell him to do the same. Also, does anybody with me that he stayed to get records and finally have a decent to good team record to retire?

Made of scars
03-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Let me just make a couple things clear to all you douchbags who's disrespecting one of the greatest Qb's of all time. Growing up in Wisconsin meant watching all of the Packer games on T.V. The way that he played the game was just incredible. And another thing is that you guys have no room to talk sh*t about him because he's accomplished a hell of a lot more in his NFL career then all of you faggets. I'd like to see you guys lead a group of young players to the NFC championship game.

rovolution
03-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Congrats on a great career Brett.

Gave us a hell of a ball game in Super Bowl 32, but #7 just wanted it more.

Ferocious competitor and im glad Jay Cutler had the chance to go against a legend in an extremely memorable MNF game.

When Jay is ending his illustrious career with us many years from now, we'll all look back and remember this clash between legends in 2006.

BTW to all the Packer fans...Favre is not even worthy of holding #7's jock.

Majik
03-04-2008, 04:26 PM
Don Majkowski sighting on Espn Outside the Lines!!!!!

at the beginning of the Brett Favre video package, they show I highlight of The MajikMan.

Be sure to catch the replay of Outside the Lines.

Flex Gunmetal
03-04-2008, 04:30 PM
Let me just make a couple things clear to all you douchbags who's disrespecting one of the greatest Qb's of all time. Growing up in Wisconsin meant watching all of the Packer games on T.V. The way that he played the game was just incredible. And another thing is that you guys have no room to talk sh*t about him because he's accomplished a hell of a lot more in his NFL career then all of you faggets. I'd like to see you guys lead a group of young players to the NFC championship game.

At least spell ****** right if you're gonna make a stupid ****ty post.
kthx

alkemical
03-04-2008, 04:33 PM

Dude, you are so emo.

stugotsII
03-04-2008, 04:38 PM
I'm a fan of Favre's, and I congratulate him on a great career. However, this statement is devoted to my friends that are Packer fans who bash Elway.

Elway left the MVP of a Super Bowl and Favre left throwing an INT that cost himself, his teammates, his owner and his fans a trip to the Super Bowl.

I'm stunned he is retiring on that note.

stugotsII
03-04-2008, 04:40 PM

I'd also like to congratulate him on his drug abuse over the years!:egbgb:

Made of scars
03-04-2008, 05:35 PM
At least spell ****** right if you're gonna make a stupid ****ty post.
kthx

If you were an english teacher, I might actually take into consideration what you have to say.

Majik
03-04-2008, 05:52 PM
<!-- Start Bravenet.com Service Code -->
<!-- The following line of code must be on one line, it cannot wrap // -->
<div align="left"><script type="text/javascript" src="http://pub20.bravenet.com/minipoll/show.php?usernum=1656538122&amp;cpv=2">
</script></div>
<!-- End Bravenet.com Service Code -->

Sassy
03-04-2008, 07:56 PM
I'm not going to believe it until it comes out of Favre's mouth...and I don't see him in an NFL uniform in September.

Orange_Beard
03-04-2008, 08:27 PM
This guy is such an attention whore. Great football player. What is this, like the 5th year in a row he has started this ****?

He should just do what every woman out here does when they are not getting enough attention, get some huge fake boobs, get the "Finding Nemo" Fat lips and have the wrinkles burned off his face.

That would turn some heads.

Sassy
03-04-2008, 08:32 PM
:thumbs: This guy is such an attention whore. Great football player. What is this, like the 5th year in a row he has started this ****?

He should just do what every woman out here does when they are not getting enough attention, get some huge fake boobs, get the "Finding Nemo" Fat lips and have the wrinkles burned off his face.

That would turn some heads.

If he's going to do all that...I would suggest some color/hilights ;D
Maybe a mani/pedi :thumbs:

cutthemdown
03-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Congrats to Favre on a great career. Congrats to me as I don't have to have him shoved down my throat next season.

I bet his name still get mentioned on the air 34565 times next yr.

Sassy
03-04-2008, 08:48 PM
I bet his name still get mentioned on the air 34565 times next yr.

yep~and that's just by Madden! :giggle:

Requiem
03-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Best to play ever. Hope all goes well for him, his wife, daughters and family. I'll miss seeing Brett be a kid on the field. ^5

Sassy
03-04-2008, 09:00 PM
Best to play ever. Hope all goes well for him, his wife, daughters and family. I'll miss seeing Brett be a kid on the field. ^5

BS. You're just not old enough to remember anyone else. Brett isn't the "best ever"...

Oh yeah and "your version" of "best ever" got beat by the BEST BRONCO QB ever in John Elway ROFL! If this is true and Brett really is retiring...he'll never get to go out as back-to-back SB Champ/MVP...EVER~!

rovolution
03-04-2008, 09:02 PM
yep~and that's just by Madden! :giggle:

Madden must be an emotional wreck right now

alkemical
03-04-2008, 09:15 PM
Madden must be an emotional wreck right now

Hear that? I think that sob of madden's, was horn that turduckens will become extinct.

Kaylore
03-04-2008, 09:21 PM
<!-- Start Bravenet.com Service Code -->
<!-- The following line of code must be on one line, it cannot wrap // -->
<div align="left"><script type="text/javascript" src="http://pub20.bravenet.com/minipoll/show.php?usernum=1656538122&amp;cpv=2">
</script></div>
<!-- End Bravenet.com Service Code -->

Ok I don't care who you are, that's hilarious.

Florida_Bronco
03-04-2008, 09:24 PM

I hope that is sarcasm. Favre is good but no way he is the best ever.

gunns
03-04-2008, 10:02 PM

We got to watch Elway do it.

Don't worry, I'm sure Madden will organize a "Let's Lick Favre's Balls" Day. You'll get your turn.

Los Broncos
03-04-2008, 10:05 PM
Ok I don't care who you are, that's hilarious.

Yeah, i thought so too.

Broncojef
03-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Good Riddance, Mr. Hype is gone. Going out with an INT is fitting glad we won't have to see anymore national GB games just so Madden can drool over him.

bro1ncos
03-04-2008, 10:48 PM
Man, when did this place turn into Broncomania?

Give me players that played the game like Brett Favre anyday over lots of players the Broncos have trotted out over the last 17 years. A lot of people bashing Brett here, but our very own Jay Cutler has a lot of similar characteristics. Is there anyone that can honestly say that if Jay's career turns out the same way and he shows up to play every Sunday like Brett did that they would be disappointed and start ripping Cutler?

Thanks for making many games fun to watch Brett.

Requiem
03-04-2008, 11:14 PM
BS. You're just not old enough to remember anyone else. Brett isn't the "best ever"...

Oh yeah and "your version" of "best ever" got beat by the BEST BRONCO QB ever in John Elway ROFL! If this is true and Brett really is retiring...he'll never get to go out as back-to-back SB Champ/MVP...EVER~!

I don't care if Elway beat Favre. It might be hard for you to understand, but football's a team game. The Broncos team beat the Packers in the Super Bowl, and that's a fact.

"Brett Favre is one of the greatest quarterbacks in the history of professional football. You're judged by winning, and he's won more games than any other quarterback who has ever played. But I will remember him just as well for being such a fierce competitor and an outstanding leader."

"He was the face of the Packers and a great credit to our game. It was an honor to coach against him."

Mike Shanahan on Brett Favre. Seems like he thinks pretty well of him too. :thumbsup:

Just because I don't suck on Elway's wang like everyone else does here doesn't make me a retard. I know football well, extremely well. You're right, I was able to watch Favre play most of my life, for about the last ten years I've dedicated most of my free time talking football and watching it. I'm obsessed with it. I never got to watch Elway play his whole career; which is sad - but that's not my problem. I saw Elway go out on top, and I'm damn proud to be able to have witnessed three banner years of his. Elway's #2 in my heart for a quarterback, and a damn good one.

Broncos fans are partial to Elway because they're what they are, Broncos fans. Packers fans, obviously are going to be partial to Brett. Duh.

I'm glad to be a fan of two great teams who had two phenomenal quarterbacks. Getting to watch Brett play for a long time has been a real treat, and I'm going to miss that he's gone. I think most people will, any fan that actually understands football and recognizes his on the field accomplishments are going to miss what he brought and did for the game.

The Madden love fest aside, I think we can all appreciate what Brett did.

Once again, in my mind - the best to ever play. Congratulations Brett on a phenomenal career. :)

Requiem
03-04-2008, 11:15 PM

Give me players that played the game like Brett Favre anyday over lots of players the Broncos have trotted out over the last 17 years. A lot of people bashing Brett here, but our very own Jay Cutler has a lot of similar characteristics. Is there anyone that can honestly say that if Jay's career turns out the same way and he shows up to play every Sunday like Brett did that they would be disappointed and start ripping Cutler?

Amen to that. ^5

TomServo
03-05-2008, 12:27 AM
Just because I don't suck on Elway's wang like everyone else does here doesn't make me a retard. I know football well, extremely well. You're right, I was able to watch Favre play most of my life, for about the last ten years I've dedicated most of my free time talking football and watching it. I'm obsessed with it. I never got to watch Elway play his whole career; which is sad - but that's not my problem. I saw Elway go out on top, and I'm damn proud to be able to have witnessed three banner years of his. Elway's #2 in my heart for a quarterback, and a damn good one.

Broncos fans are partial to Elway because they're what they are, Broncos fans. Packers fans, obviously are going to be partial to Brett. Duh.

I'm glad to be a fan of two great teams who had two phenomenal quarterbacks. Getting to watch Brett play for a long time has been a real treat, and I'm going to miss that he's gone. I think most people will, any fan that actually understands football and recognizes his on the field accomplishments are going to miss what he brought and did for the game.

The Madden love fest aside, I think we can all appreciate what Brett did.

Once again, in my mind - the best to ever play. Congratulations Brett on a phenomenal career.

you just proved most peoples point, you never even watched the younger elway take 3 average teams to the superbowl.
if favre was the "best to ever play" why did he only get to 2 superbowls? and only won one? he's damn lucky for the broncos-jags debacle or he would be 0-2 in the sb. ive always liked favre but im glad the favre love fest is finally over.

Florida_Bronco
03-05-2008, 12:33 AM
you just proved most peoples point, you never even watched the younger elway take 3 average teams to the superbowl.
if favre was the "best to ever play" why did he only get to 2 superbowls? and only won one? he's damn lucky for the broncos-jags debacle or he would be 0-2 in the sb. ive always liked favre but im glad the favre love fest is finally over.

I agree. I have tons of respect for Favre but he is no where near the greatest ever.

Orange_Beard
03-05-2008, 12:44 AM

For me it's not about his play on the field. It's this BS every off season. He pretty much wants everyone to beg him stay every year. IMHO It's bull**** drama.

rovolution
03-05-2008, 12:57 AM
=TomServo;1905445ive always liked favre but im glad the favre love fest is finally over.

REP

Hogan11
03-05-2008, 01:05 AM
I won't miss him.

bro1ncos
03-05-2008, 07:50 AM
For me it's not about his play on the field. It's this BS every off season. He pretty much wants everyone to beg him stay every year. IMHO It's bull**** drama.

That's your preception. You have no clue what is going on in his head or body.

I seem to recall Elway doing similar things his last few years. There was speculation he would retire after the Jax loss, then speculation after the GB win, then again after the ATL win. Each year it took John-boy a little linger to make his decision public. Maybe it wasn't quite as drawn out as Favre's, but it was still there and did happen.

I don't think that Favre is the greatest of all time, but like I said before I would definitely take Cutler having the same career even with some of the off-season stuff.

gunns
03-05-2008, 01:17 PM

I seem to recall Elway doing similar things his last few years. There was speculation he would retire after the Jax loss, then speculation after the GB win, then again after the ATL win. Each year it took John-boy a little linger to make his decision public. Maybe it wasn't quite as drawn out as Favre's, but it was still there and did happen.

I don't think that Favre is the greatest of all time, but like I said before I would definitely take Cutler having the same career even with some of the off-season stuff.

John never started that speculation himself. And the only years I remember him making any public announcements about it were the last two. John also never was accused of having a drug problem, ordered to counseling and not to take any inhibiting substance and then came out saying he'll have a beer if he wants to even though ordered not to. John's teammates always were highly complementary of him. I never hear ANY of them accuse him of saying it wasn't his job to mentor his possible replacement, never heard him throw any of them under the bus for any reason, including not showing up for camp and then not showing up himself. I never saw John whine about who we should have gotten in the off season publicly or attempt blackmail if they didn't get that player. I never saw John be a media whore about any of his injuries although he played through most of them and missed few games. He had knee, shoulder, rib, and bicep problems throughout his career that would have sidelined most. AND I NEVER SAW ANY X-RAY ABOUT ANY OF THEM! He took his teams to 6 SB's and you want Cutler to be like Favre?

If you want the very best for Cutler, both off the field and on the field, you would hope that he has 1/2 the talent Elway did, not Favre.

TomServo
03-05-2008, 05:37 PM
He took his teams to 6 SB's and you want Cutler to be like Favre?
no only five. but still, toss out his rookie year and he played in 1/3 of the superbowls in his time. 1/3, thats crazy. and no excuses about favre not playing in his early years,being drafted by the falcons and all. he damned near drank himself out of the league before he even got started.

bro1ncos
03-05-2008, 07:13 PM
John never started that speculation himself. And the only years I remember him making any public announcements about it were the last two. John also never was accused of having a drug problem, ordered to counseling and not to take any inhibiting substance and then came out saying he'll have a beer if he wants to even though ordered not to. John's teammates always were highly complementary of him. I never hear ANY of them accuse him of saying it wasn't his job to mentor his possible replacement, never heard him throw any of them under the bus for any reason, including not showing up for camp and then not showing up himself. I never saw John whine about who we should have gotten in the off season publicly or attempt blackmail if they didn't get that player. I never saw John be a media whore about any of his injuries although he played through most of them and missed few games. He had knee, shoulder, rib, and bicep problems throughout his career that would have sidelined most. AND I NEVER SAW ANY X-RAY ABOUT ANY OF THEM! He took his teams to 6 SB's and you want Cutler to be like Favre?

If you want the very best for Cutler, both off the field and on the field, you would hope that he has 1/2 the talent Elway did, not Favre.

When did I ever say that I would rather Cutler have a career like Favre instead of John? I just said I would be happy if Cutler had a career as good as Brett.

If you want to get ticky tacky about things, and I will preface this by saying I love John and I would pick him over any QB to play the game. When did Brett ever under mine his coach enough to get him fired? When did Brett ever rip the local media for reporting what he gave out for Halloween? When did Brett threaten to play baseball if he was drafted by a team that his dad hated? When did Brett divorce his wife? You have to remember that there wasn't free agency in the early part of John-boy's career.

All I am saying is that you can find things about any player that they probably aren't proud of. Brett having a drug problem is a bit of a stretch. Sure he admitted that he was addicted to pain killers, but I highly doubt he is the only QB or NFL player that this is true for.

People are entitled to their opinions, but to bash Favre for some of his off the field issues is rediculous IMO. Would you rather have a QB that calls out the front office when he feels they aren't trying to field the best team they can or have them sit there and be fine with whatever happens?

Like I said before, If Jay Cutler ends up having the exact same career as Favre, but in a Bronco uniform, are you going to rip him and be disappointed? I'm talking 2 super bowl trips, pain killer addiction, calling out the front office, and all the records too. Also there was an interesting stat I heard today. Since the day Brett started his consecutive game played streak, the Packers have a better record then any team in the NFL. I will take that from my quarter back any day and any time.

Sassy
03-05-2008, 07:32 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy

Oh yeah and "your version" of "best ever" got beat by the BEST BRONCO QB ever in John Elway If this is true and Brett really is retiring...he'll never get to go out as back-to-back SB Champ/MVP...EVER~!

I don't care if Elway beat Favre. It might be hard for you to understand, but football's a team game. The Broncos team beat the Packers in the Super Bowl, and that's a fact.

Hard for me to understand? Why...because I'm female... and "FEMALES" don't understand football...

Gee...and the SB that Brett won...he also had a "team"...

Orange_Beard
03-05-2008, 08:54 PM

I give you that. You know more about Brett Farves' body then I do.
Elway did not run a circus every off season. I think your recaller is broken. With Elway it was after the superbowl win. He was always very clear up to that point, with this guy "who's body and mind" you know so well it has been going on for atleast 4 years.

Popps
03-05-2008, 09:19 PM
Thanks for being good for our sport, Brett!

Best of luck to him in retirement. Media love-fest or not, he was great for the NFL and I'll miss him, as will most fans.

gunns
03-05-2008, 10:41 PM
When did Brett ever under mine his coach enough to get him fired? When did Brett ever rip the local media for reporting what he gave out for Halloween? When did Brett threaten to play baseball if he was drafted by a team that his dad hated? When did Brett divorce his wife? You have to remember that there wasn't free agency in the early part of John-boy's career.

My response to that whole pathetic paragraph would get me kicked off of the Mane for at least a month. The part about the Halloween candy let's me know you don't have a clue. Let me say it again, pathetic. Divorcing his wife??? WOW! You just don't get it dude.

All I am saying is that you can find things about any player that they probably aren't proud of. Brett having a drug problem is a bit of a stretch. Sure he admitted that he was addicted to pain killers, but I highly doubt he is the only QB or NFL player that this is true for.

Again, you don't get it.

Like I said before, If Jay Cutler ends up having the exact same career as Favre, but in a Bronco uniform, are you going to rip him and be disappointed? I'm talking 2 super bowl trips, pain killer addiction, calling out the front office, and all the records too. Also there was an interesting stat I heard today. Since the day Brett started his consecutive game played streak, the Packers have a better record then any team in the NFL. I will take that from my quarter back any day and any time.

I would hope Cutler has success because of his talent, his love of the game, and for his team, like Elway, not for himself, like Favre. Let me tell you that John should have never been included in this whole thing. I dislike Favre for HIS actions, not because John was a better athlete, QB and person than him.

bro1ncos
03-06-2008, 08:17 AM
Then please explain to me what I don't get. I must be real stupid for someone that has followed the Broncos since 1976. All the things I mentioned were true of John Elway's career in Denver. All the things I brought up have just as much of an influence on John's career as the things you posted about Brett's.

If you want to send me a PM to tell me how I just don't get it to avoid getting banned then please do. I'm a big boy I can handle it.

The last thing I am going to post in this thread is this. For once answer the question I have posted numerous times.

"If Jay Cutler has the exact same career as Brett Favre are you going to gripe and complain?"

Arkie
02-11-2009, 12:19 PM

WRONG!

Circle Orange
02-11-2009, 01:32 PM
Favre > jelly beans, painted rocks, tadpoles.

Favre < bubble gum, dinner mints, tatoos. ROFL!

Los Broncos
02-11-2009, 04:03 PM
I just heard on ESPN that Madden ate a whole turkey because of this.

Tombstone RJ
02-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Wow, favre is retiring again... so, um, yah, well, golly gee Mr. Wizard, are you gonna believe him this time?

Didn't think so...

Paladin
02-11-2009, 04:15 PM
Don't worry. You will get from Madden a lot: "I remember when Favre was playing...." Or: "that was the best pass I have seen since Favre..."

That will go on for another 5 years until he is in the HOF.....

I don't begrudge the man his game. He did some pretty good things on the field. But the media crap did get tedious. If Packer fans are abit overboard with their bragging, it may not be unlike the latest and greatest broad out there strutting her stuff..... If she's got them, she will show them.

While the Broncos had Elway, I could say: "Pffft...." Now they have Cutler. I can say: "Pfffft", because I think Cutler is about like Favre without the drama queen hangers on.

Goodbye Favre. Have a nice time fishing in Mississippi.....

DHallblows
02-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Post #22 when I realized it was an old thread :oyvey:

TDmvp
02-11-2009, 05:48 PM
on mike and mike now ... mort called in and confirmed

Laf it's like ground hogs day or something ... Cause i almost posted this story when i heard Mort call in this morning on Mike and Mike ...

Rock Chalk
02-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Post #22 when I realized it was an old thread :oyvey:

Took me to page 2 :)

I just kept reading the Favre bashers. They crack me up.