PDA

View Full Version : Whining Boston fans? Top Ten reasons why everyone is laughing at you!

DomCasual
02-05-2008, 08:54 PM
I can't believe it. Boston sports fans around the country are already reverting back to, "We've suffered for so long! Woe is us!" mode.

I'll admit. I hate Boston sports. And it's without question a 21st Century thing. I was indifferent at worst, passively positive at best as little as five years ago.

Now? Not so much.

With that said, here are my Top Ten reasons most sports fans would like to kick crying, sympathy-seeking Patriots fans in the lower groinal region:

1) They've had an embarrassment of riches of late.

2) Their coach is one of the most hated figures in all of sports.

3) Bill Simmons.

4) Their fans have generally acted like a bunch of douchebags over the last five years.

5) Most Patriots fans are very likely also Red Sox fans. The Red Sox and their fans have achieved something I would have thought to be impossible - they've made people pull for the Yankees.

6) The movie "Fever Pitch"

7) Blatant, unashamed feelings of superiority among their fans (granted, it's very similar to #4, but come on! These people take douchebaggery to previously-unknown heights).

8) Spygate, and the players'/coach's total lack of remorse regarding it.

9) Bill Simmons.

10) Their immediate assumption that they could jump back into the "Woe is us" roll the first time something went wrong.

Let me get this straight. You whine about the pain of being Boston sports fans, the Curse of the Bambino, how you're never rewarded for your loyalty, yadda yadda yadda. You go on and on and on about this. You leverage the universal hatred of the Yankees to help your cause. You get the country pulling for you - especially as it pertains to the Red Sox. And people end up being genuinely happy for you when things finally turn around.

How do you respond? You start thumping your chests and blathering about how Boston fans are superior to those of other teams. You put the word "Nation" behind the name of each of your teams, and you gleefully adopt all the morons that became fans in, oh, the last five years, or so. You smugly and pretentiously go on and on about how other teams' fans "just don't understand" what it's like to win after suffering for so long. For a fan of a team that hasn't won anything in, say, twenty years or so - the joy of winning is cute, but very shallow. For Boston fans, it's poetic. You hypocritically whine about the "Evil Empire" - until you become it.

Then you have the audacity and total lack of self-awareness to revert back to "Woe is me - you don't know what it's like to invest six months of your life, only to be disappointed" mode when your team chokes?

So yeah, most of us would take a sledge hammer to your balls, if we had the chance.

Inkana7
02-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Rep, sir. Rep.

Dukes
02-05-2008, 09:01 PM
That pretty much sums it up.

-Slap-
02-05-2008, 09:06 PM
I can't believe it. Boston sports fans around the country are already reverting back to, "We've suffered for so long! Woe is us!" mode.

10) Their immediate assumption that they could jump back into the "Woe is us" roll the first time something went wrong.

Let me get this straight. You whine about the pain of being Boston sports fans, the Curse of the Bambino, how you're never rewarded for your loyalty, yadda yadda yadda. You go on and on and on about this. You leverage the universal hatred of the Yankees to help your cause. You get the country pulling for you - especially as it pertains to the Red Sox. And people end up being genuinely happy for you when things finally turn around.

How do you respond? You start thumping your chests and blathering about how Boston fans are superior to those of other teams. You put the word "Nation" behind the name of each of your teams, and you gleefully adopt all the morons that became fans in, oh, the last five years, or so. You smugly and pretentiously go on and on about how other teams' fans "just don't understand" what it's like to win after suffering for so long. For a fan of a team that hasn't won anything in, say, twenty years or so - the joy of winning is cute, but very shallow. For Boston fans, it's poetic. You hypocritically whine about the "Evil Empire" - until you become it.

Then you have the audacity and total lack of self-awareness to revert back to "Woe is me - you don't know what it's like to invest six months of your life, only to be disappointed" mode when your team chokes?

So yeah, most of us would take a sledge hammer to your balls, if we had the chance.

I said this yesterday. Boston fans are a truly curious lot.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1874334&postcount=39

Dudeskey
02-05-2008, 09:22 PM
rep... What a bunch of bitches. Go 18-1 and they're suddenly "tormented"

Los Broncos
02-05-2008, 09:55 PM
Cry baby Boston fans, ive heard it since i was ten.

Florida_Bronco
02-05-2008, 10:02 PM
Excellent post!

Drek
02-05-2008, 10:36 PM

I'll admit. I hate Boston sports. And it's without question a 21st Century thing. I was indifferent at worst, passively positive at best as little as five years ago.

Now? Not so much.

With that said, here are my Top Ten reasons most sports fans would like to kick crying, sympathy-seeking Patriots fans in the lower groinal region:

3) Bill Simmons.

4) Their fans have generally acted like a bunch of douchebags over the last five years.

5) Most Patriots fans are very likely also Red Sox fans. The Red Sox and their fans have achieved something I would have thought to be impossible - they've made people pull for the Yankees.

7) Blatant, unashamed feelings of superiority among their fans (granted, it's very similar to #4, but come on! These people take douchebaggery to previously-unknown heights).

9) Bill Simmons.

How many actual New Englanders do you know?

You make a pretty broad generalization and attach it to a single city within the region, even though the city itself isn't particularly large and all the sports teams live off of the NE region as a whole.

And your "ten reasons"? You reference Bill Simmons twice. So one ****ty media type came from Boston and flaunts it. So? Michael Kay is equally ****ty, he just hasn't gotten a national platform to flaunt it on. Or Whitlock? Len Pasquerelli? Do we blame Minnesota and all the other cities that Sean Sallisbury kicked around with before he got on national tv and shot projectile vomit into our ears?

Fever Pitch? You mean a movie made by people who weren't Red Sox fans and originally planned on it being a portrait of how unhealthy the Sox obsession really was?

The "lovable losers" role also really only applied to Red Sox fans, FYI, because it was the pre-eminent original franchise up until the ownership sold off all the talent in a big money grab through collusion with then Yankees ownership. The Pats were a secondary team for decades and the Celtics are the winningest franchise in NBA history.

Basically you attach the fact that a small but vocal segment of the fanbase is pretentious suburban raised yuppie spawn who feel they deserve everything to the whole.

You want a real top 10 reasons to hate Boston fans? Start with the racism that was long showered on black players in the town. End with the fact that some morons get a kick out of booing their own players when they're in a rut, and have no qualms trying to instigate confrontations with opposing players. Slap a healthy dose of poor sports v. reality awareness in the middle. Bam. You got some great reasons to hate them without a list that doesn't portrait **** other than what some guy in Utah thinks people in New England are all like.

Hogan11
02-05-2008, 10:37 PM

Arrogance gets it's just reward yet again.

theAPAOps5
02-05-2008, 10:41 PM
REP, and I am a die hard Boston Red Sox fan. But my distant cousin is Marty Barrett, and I met him when I was 5 and have been a fan since so please forgive me! ;D

-Slap-
02-05-2008, 10:50 PM
I've been waiting for Drek to get fed up with the Beantown bashing.......:)

gunns
02-05-2008, 10:55 PM

I remember this attitude when we beat them in the playoffs, along with the feeling of superiority. I've never heard so many excuses, how the refs were against them, they were the better team because Brady played better for one quarter, how they should be the ones going to the Championship game. Then how they could have beaten Pittsburgh. It was pathetic.

Bronco Yoda
02-05-2008, 10:58 PM
My first cousin was a top pick for the RedSox years ago. He threw 90 Mph straight out of high school.

And no, I'm not going to say who he was. He was a total bust and embarrassment on the order of Ryan Leaf.

It's my own slice of heaven knowing they got burnt by this butthead. His dad (my uncle) was and is the biggest POS raider fan you'd ever know. He should have sent his boy to college (had plenty of free ride scholarships) but instead saw dollar signs. He sent him straight into the triple A meat grinder for a few years where he eventually emploded. You know, the kinda jerk who wears pinky diamond rings , bling watches, expensive exotic hunting trips but can't seem to ever afford a home for some odd reason and is always asking for money.

HA!

DomCasual
02-05-2008, 11:16 PM

You make a pretty broad generalization and attach it to a single city within the region, even though the city itself isn't particularly large and all the sports teams live off of the NE region as a whole.

And your "ten reasons"? You reference Bill Simmons twice. So one ****ty media type came from Boston and flaunts it. So? Michael Kay is equally ****ty, he just hasn't gotten a national platform to flaunt it on. Or Whitlock? Len Pasquerelli? Do we blame Minnesota and all the other cities that Sean Sallisbury kicked around with before he got on national tv and shot projectile vomit into our ears?

Fever Pitch? You mean a movie made by people who weren't Red Sox fans and originally planned on it being a portrait of how unhealthy the Sox obsession really was?

The "lovable losers" role also really only applied to Red Sox fans, FYI, because it was the pre-eminent original franchise up until the ownership sold off all the talent in a big money grab through collusion with then Yankees ownership. The Pats were a secondary team for decades and the Celtics are the winningest franchise in NBA history.

Basically you attach the fact that a small but vocal segment of the fanbase is pretentious suburban raised yuppie spawn who feel they deserve everything to the whole.

You want a real top 10 reasons to hate Boston fans? Start with the racism that was long showered on black players in the town. End with the fact that some morons get a kick out of booing their own players when they're in a rut, and have no qualms trying to instigate confrontations with opposing players. Slap a healthy dose of poor sports v. reality awareness in the middle. Bam. You got some great reasons to hate them without a list that doesn't portrait **** other than what some guy in Utah thinks people in New England are all like.

I mentioned Bill Simmons twice because he's a colossal turd.

And you are kidding yourself if you think my opinion is an isolated one. Look at the other comments in this thread. Look at the Boston-related threads that have been started in the last two-and-a-half weeks - let alone the last three days. Do a Google search on "Red Sox," "Patriots," or "Boston Sports." You'll find a mix of the groupie sites, and the forums/blogs/columns written by people that hate them.

And I know lots and lots of New Englanders. My wife served a Mormon mission in Boston, and we have lots of friends there. We visit the area fairly often. With few exceptions, I really like the people up there. I (and, I would guess, the majority of truly passionate sports fans around the country) just loathe the sports fan in them.

You all were much more palatable when you were lovable losers.

orangeatheist
02-05-2008, 11:22 PM
You hypocritically whine about the "Evil Empire" - until you become it.

NAILED IT!!!

lex
02-05-2008, 11:32 PM

And you are kidding yourself if you think my opinion is an isolated one. Look at the other comments in this thread. Look at the Boston-related threads that have been started in the last two-and-a-half weeks - let alone the last three days. Do a Google search on "Red Sox," "Patriots," or "Boston Sports." You'll find a mix of the groupie sites, and the forums/blogs/columns written by people that hate them.

And I know lots and lots of New Englanders. My wife served a Mormon mission in Boston, and we have lots of friends there. We visit the area fairly often. With few exceptions, I really like the people up there. I (and, I would guess, the majority of truly passionate sports fans around the country) just loathe the sports fan in them.

I can comment on this. Some old buddies of mine were from New England. My woman is from Boston. One of my co-workers is from Boston. Its not unusual to encounter Boston transplants in Chicago. They are exceedingly obnoxious. Occasionally when Ive stepped out, Ive thrown on a Broncos hat or something...not thinking a lot of it, not really making a statement. And theres been countless times that people have commented on the Broncos. Every time it has been Boston fans. Yes, EVERY TIME.

My woman was out and about this past weekend wearing her Red Sox hat and she encountered some fellow New Englanders who were interested in striking up super bowl talk which she wasnt interested in...so she politely acknowledges their comment hoping to discourage further Patriot talk. Next thing she knows, they started complaining that more people werent all excited about the Patriots. Does someone really need to explain to them that they live in Chicago and not New Hampshire? But thats how they are. They just walk around shoving their **** in everyones face. BTW, my g/f is a Patriots fans on the down-low. She's more of a Bledsoe loyalist and not such a big Brady fan...and she really hates Belichick. But she likes the Red Sox A LOT more than the Patsies.

BTW, if you want to have fun, try going to a mall in Salem, MA wearing Broncos gear. I did one day (a hat I think) and the comments were never ending. I was in MA though. They should keep that **** there though.

Bronco Yoda
02-05-2008, 11:35 PM
Yup!

I don't really think that pats wagonfans really grasp how much their team is hated right now. Sorta like how patswin and co. was saying how cheatergate would be forgotten in a couple of weeks. Total denial..... LOL

I had a small group over (15 people) for a Super Bowl party this year. I recently moved so these people were not really close friends and very diverse in their teams. Every single person hated the pats. besides the goofy couple wearing brand new pats shirts.

This really surprised me. I figured we'd have a few rooting for the perfect season and all.

We even had a Cowboy fan rooting for the Giants. Now you know somethings up with that!

I can't recall a more hated team right now than the Patriots. And most of these people aren't football geeks like us who dwell on the cheating.

The team, their fans..... Al Davis would give his left leg for this kinda hate.

enjolras
02-06-2008, 12:00 AM
I met all the New England fans I needed too during the World Series. They trashed my neighborhood. They came, popped their collars, and made a complete ass out of themselves.

No respect. No class.

Karma is a b*tch.

DomCasual
02-06-2008, 01:33 AM
I met all the New England fans I needed too during the World Series. They trashed my neighborhood. They came, popped their collars, and made a complete ass out of themselves.

No respect. No class.

Karma is a b*tch.

Amen. I went to Game 4 of the World Series at Coors. A good portion of the Red Sox fans there were belligerent drunks. We weren't talking about a small, vocal minority, either. There were definitely more decent, respectful (albeit enthusiastic) ones than not, but it wasn't the majority for which you would hope.

I already didn't like them, so I might have a bias. But I came away from there absolutely loathing them. Again, I like most of the people I know from the New England area. I just don't care for the part of their personalities that come out as it relates to sports.

theAPAOps5
02-06-2008, 02:01 AM
Amen. I went to Game 4 of the World Series at Coors. A good portion of the Red Sox fans there were belligerent drunks. We weren't talking about a small, vocal minority, either. There were definitely more decent, respectful (albeit enthusiastic) ones than not, but it wasn't the majority for which you would hope.

I already didn't like them, so I might have a bias. But I came away from there absolutely loathing them. Again, I like most of the people I know from the New England area. I just don't care for the part of their personalities that come out as it relates to sports.

Again not all of us are bad. But yes the last time Boston was here for a series it was embarrassing. New Yorkers are just as bad though.

TDmvp
02-06-2008, 02:13 AM
sore Va Jay Jay bean towners ???

BMF Bronco
02-06-2008, 02:13 AM
You forgot to mention them pretending it didn't happen and acting like the Pats didn't exist, like Pre-2002

Mr Chatterboodamn
02-06-2008, 02:14 AM

dude you just broke through the secret two-way mirror that is the national sports media... it is chalk-full of boston fans, bellowing their self-important tales of boston woe and boston exhuberance. it's insane to me that a group of people could lack the self consciousness you speak of to the point where they have no humility about talking about their teams ad nauseum to other fans. here are some things I hate about the boston sports media complex/boston nation:

1. bill simmons... one of the grossest humans period
2. simmons' self-oilling jackoff columns
3. peter king's baseball notes, incidentally all red sox
4. aaron schatz of footbal outsiders EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
5. dialogue between schatz and simmons that faux-objectively attempted to minimize spygate
6. chowdah .. .f^ck that
7. the dude on nfl network commercials (joe's diner and prior)
8. ben affleck and matt damon, and their boston sports chauvinism
9. dr. z's mysterious red sox fanhood, despite being a self-proclaimed "new york city boy" in his latest superbowl blog
10. bill simmons, that ALPHA and the OMEGA of all that is evil with subtlety (and no skill)
11. only options available with boston fans/media apologists: 1.) feel my pain or 2). Yup, it's good to be a boston fan these days
12. how both of the above options pressupose universal interest in boston sports
12. most loyal fans? ahem -- those are the bruins over there, remember them?
13. basketball jesus and other stupid monikers, especially with that boston accent
14. bill simmons, the boston sports guy, who ironically REMOVES the word "boston" when he becomes a national web columnist.... ! he's just a regular sports guy like you and me... yup, this is our columnist....
15. vrabel, bruschi and other such lunchpail legends
16. bill simmons, the fvking antichrist...

dom... you brought back my fire.... thank you!! actually, you may have turned me schizophrenic with your post. we willl see. even though i loved seeing brady get his ass kicked, i fear that this whole thing just begins the whine cycle for boston fans and media. they are so ewwwwwwwwwww it just drives me nuts...

BMF Bronco
02-06-2008, 02:21 AM
Read this Chatter, you'll love it!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/080204

Bob's your Information Minister
02-06-2008, 02:26 AM
Fever Pitch was good.

Killericon
02-06-2008, 02:36 AM
I have a soft spot for Sox fans due to the book Faithful (http://www.amazon.com/Faithful-Diehard-Boston-Chronicle-Historic/dp/0743267532). I don't know too many Pats fans, the most diehard of whom is a good friend of mine. Being in Canada helps isolate you from regional fans(but you get waaaay more bandwagoners)...We just pick teams based on if we like the team itself, so I don't actually know any Boston sports fans.

>.>
<.<

Go Broncos!

DomCasual
02-06-2008, 02:46 AM
Since Bill Simmons always talks about "jumping the shark," I'll throw in this.

I liked Bill Simmons. I thought he was funny, and he had that knack for making comparisons between sports and pop culture. He seemed new, and sarcastically funny.

I can't tell you exactly when, but he seemed to be writing a whole lot more again about all things Boston. I can't remember exact quotes, but he made comments about how great Boston was, and how much he would never leave. And he BERATED Southern California.

Then he moved there.

That was sort of embarrassing, but let me go one further.

Since Bill Simmons always talks about "unintentional comedy," I'll add this.

The Intern Contests!

As best I could tell, it was a marriage of Simmons maniacal-yet-still-growing ego, and a bunch of flunkies that really wanted to be him. The job? Find cute stories on the Internet, and link to them. Oh, and get to exchange occasional personal emails with Bill Simmons (ohmygod! ohmygod! ohmygod! :slapsilly). The pay? Very close to nothing. Actually, it's pretty much nothing.

The process was styled as a combination of The Bachelor and Survivor. Bill had to pick someone he liked - DUH! - he was going to have to exchange emails with this guy at least two times a week! But he also had to show what these stalkers would be willing to go through to get Bill to like them. So he had them write essays - for subjects like, "My favorite Simmons moment;" (Interestingly by now, they weren't using his first name. Do you call Tolstoy "Leo Tolstoy?" No, you just call him Tolstoy. And so apparently how it is with Simmons.) "why Boston sports are so wicked cool;" and "if I was gay, I would be gay for Simmons." Stuff like that.

When he finally chose a lucky guy, I would send him an email every day. He never responded, but I like to think I helped him. I would send one word questions - things like, "Is it weird going to scratch your balls, and finding nothing there? That seems like it would be weird." "Is it in the contract that you have to call him Simmons? Or did your reverence towards him cause you to do it?" "Have you ever met the Sports Gal? Did you just feel like throwing down with that catty little bitch?" And my favorite, "Do you have a custom notification for your two emails a week from Simmons? Have you ever just uncontrollably ejaculated when you've heard that sound?"

Not a single response!

PatsWin2002
02-06-2008, 02:52 AM
When he finally chose a lucky guy, I would send him an email every day. He never responded, but I like to think I helped him. I would send one word questions - things like, "Is it weird going to scratch your balls, and finding nothing there? That seems like it would be weird." "Is it in the contract that you have to call him Simmons? Or did your reverence towards him cause you to do it?" "Have you ever met the Sports Gal? Did you just feel like throwing down with that catty little b****?" And my favorite, "Do you have a custom notification for your two emails a week from Simmons? Have you ever just uncontrollably ejaculated when you've heard that sound?"

Not a single response!

I think you need a hobby.

DomCasual
02-06-2008, 03:00 AM
I think you need a hobby.

What in the hell would you call that?

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
02-06-2008, 03:59 AM

Exacerbated by the NFL's haste in getting the whole story off the front page.

Drek
02-06-2008, 06:45 AM

You just keep proving my point by acting like all Pats, Celtics, and Red Sox fans are Bostonians. The vast majority are not.

Also, Bill Simmons is an annoying dick. So is Bill Williamson. So? Simmons **** is all an act because he knows the elitist bostonian angle gets web hits from people looking to hate on the area without really understanding it.

Again, I'm not saying there aren't plenty of Boston fans who're dicks, but classifying the entire fan base, when a good sized chunk of it comes from five other states is just a gross mischaracterization.

And there's plenty of reasons to hate New England sports fans, you just chose weak ones, like Simmons and Fever pitch. How about the fact that we by and large treated Ellis Burks like dirt, or how I've personally seen fans boo a pitcher warming up before he even gets in the game. Thats some of the most disgusting things I've seen in sports.

Scottish_Bronco
02-06-2008, 10:12 AM
18 and http://blogs.eastvalleytribune.com/old_images/34/homer_simpson_doh_02.gif

Beantown Bronco
02-06-2008, 10:26 AM
BTW, if you want to have fun, try going to a mall in Salem, MA wearing Broncos gear. I did one day (a hat I think) and the comments were never ending. I was in MA though. They should keep that **** there though.

Welcome to my life. :)

ozomulsion
02-06-2008, 10:48 AM
All the reason in the World. (CHEATERS)

broncsyanks
02-06-2008, 12:10 PM
well i can honestly say that in every city there are a bunch of idiots. but through all my travels, the boston area is the worse for obvious reasons. i am a bronco fan as well as a yankee fan. yes i am proud to say that. i am not the obnoxious drunken idiot fan for either team to have problems with. are there idiot yankee fans, yes there is. are they controlled at yankee stadium, yes they are. do they cheer against the red sox, absolutely. is there a growing thing between the 2 cities in how we treat each other, yes there is. when i have followed the yankees to other cities i have had pleasurable times with fans from other teams just simply cheering on there teams respectably. i have tried that several times at fenway and they make it impossible to do just that. its a thing when i 5-7 year old comes up to you and tell you that your team suxs and not respond to them only to hear the kid get cheered on by the crowd no less. now that is arrogance. so when i see a thread like this i have to tell people that story because it puts things into perspective for the way it is in boston. it makes me happy to hear that other people in other cities seeing what i see and are unbiased. now i understand people not liking the yankees and that is cool with me. but when i wear a bronco outfit weather a uniform or a cap and i get stopped by a bus driver in chinatown in boston and he tells me that the broncos suck and we were lucky to beat them in the playoffs for no reason at all, well yes there are a lot of arrogance to go around in boston. so when i see the giants whom i loathe going against the pats i have a tough choice to ceer on the giants because of boston. i do not hate the pats at all, but i see boston and i have no choice but to cheer against them. so to hear them crying a river is funny. it doesnt work cause like i have been told time and time again, the pats have won 3 superbowls with brady at the helm and he is the best qb of all time, yeah right. you just lost so stopped playing the victim. just wanted to show a different perspective of boston sports.

Mountain Bronco
02-06-2008, 01:26 PM
I have got to say the New England fans where I live are rude beyond belief. This fits well with the trips I have taken to New England, where I have encountered the ruddest people of any place I have traveled (Actually the city of Boston itself wasn't bad it was most of the surrounding areas where we travled). So, my experience is not only that New England fans are rude, but New Englanders in general are rude. Hows that for a generalization!

Beantown Bronco
02-06-2008, 01:36 PM
You guys are killing me. I'm gonna sit in the corner of my office and suck my thumb for awhile....

DomCasual
02-06-2008, 01:49 PM
You guys are killing me. I'm gonna sit in the corner of my office and suck my thumb for awhile....

Whiner! If I was there, I'd stomp on your balls! :)

Beantown Bronco
02-06-2008, 02:06 PM
Whiner! If I was there, I'd stomp on your balls! :)

Looks like someone gave their logins to Mrs. Bean.

PatsWin2002
02-06-2008, 05:24 PM
well i can honestly say that in every city there are a bunch of idiots. but through all my travels, the boston area is the worse for obvious reasons. i am a bronco fan as well as a yankee fan. yes i am proud to say that. i am not the obnoxious drunken idiot fan for either team to have problems with. are there idiot yankee fans, yes there is. are they controlled at yankee stadium, yes they are. do they cheer against the red sox, absolutely. is there a growing thing between the 2 cities in how we treat each other, yes there is. when i have followed the yankees to other cities i have had pleasurable times with fans from other teams just simply cheering on there teams respectably. i have tried that several times at fenway and they make it impossible to do just that. its a thing when i 5-7 year old comes up to you and tell you that your team suxs and not respond to them only to hear the kid get cheered on by the crowd no less. now that is arrogance. so when i see a thread like this i have to tell people that story because it puts things into perspective for the way it is in boston. it makes me happy to hear that other people in other cities seeing what i see and are unbiased. now i understand people not liking the yankees and that is cool with me. but when i wear a bronco outfit weather a uniform or a cap and i get stopped by a bus driver in chinatown in boston and he tells me that the broncos suck and we were lucky to beat them in the playoffs for no reason at all, well yes there are a lot of arrogance to go around in boston. so when i see the giants whom i loathe going against the pats i have a tough choice to ceer on the giants because of boston. i do not hate the pats at all, but i see boston and i have no choice but to cheer against them. so to hear them crying a river is funny. it doesnt work cause like i have been told time and time again, the pats have won 3 superbowls with brady at the helm and he is the best qb of all time, yeah right. you just lost so stopped playing the victim. just wanted to show a different perspective of boston sports.

I'd give you a Bronx Cheer, but I'm too classy for that. :)
(Self-proclaimed...like LT!)

Bronco LB 59
02-07-2008, 04:30 AM
And there's plenty of reasons to hate New England sports fans, you just chose weak ones, like Simmons and Fever pitch. How about the fact that we by and large treated Ellis Burks like dirt, or how I've personally seen fans boo a pitcher warming up before he even gets in the game. Thats some of the most disgusting things I've seen in sports.

Or the time when vandals broke into Bill Russell's house and defecated on his bed.

ElwayMD
02-07-2008, 10:58 AM
People from New England are just a-holes in general. I had the misfortune of moving from Iowa to Maine and was treated as if I had no business coming into their land. Not to mention they assumed that since I lived in Iowa i must have farmed corn and definatley wasn't a refined elite like they obviously were. People from New England act as if they are natives of America and everyone else who inhabits it should bend over and kiss their a** because they allow them to live there. The only friends I truly made in Maine were transplants from other states. So naturally this attitude makes its way into sports. All non NE sports teams are the scum of the earth and you have to be a half-witted moron to like those teams. Luckily I lived in NE when the pats, sox, and celtics sucked so I didn't get the full brunt of the douchebaggery but I have told my wife that the only way I would ever live in NE again would be if I was given a lobotomy first (she is considering it).

You forgot to add #11...the New England accent...it's reeetaaahded

Beantown Bronco
02-07-2008, 11:15 AM
I'm feeling the love. :)

Bronx33
02-07-2008, 06:32 PM
The giants saved us from this!

<object width="425" height="373"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EaeF_mj8_sY&rel=1&border=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EaeF_mj8_sY&rel=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="373"></embed></object>

Bronx33
02-08-2008, 04:02 PM
Bwwwaaaaaahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! breath Bwwwaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaa!!!

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?XLIItrut

To: National Football League; Commissioner Roger Goodell

We the fans of the New England Patriots demand that the National Football League and Commissioner Roger Goodell review the last 1:40 minutes of the Super Bowl held February 3rd 2008. At 1:22 in the fourth quarter, after Jacobs attained a first down the clock was stopped. The following are the rules regarding clock management in a game.

1. The stadium game clock is official. In case it stops or is operating incorrectly, the Line Judge takes over the official timing on the field.
2. Each period is 15 minutes. The intermission between the periods is two minutes. Halftime is 12 minutes, unless otherwise specified.
3. On charged team time outs, the Field Judge starts watch and blows whistle after 1 minute 50 seconds, unless television does not utilize the time for commercial. In this case the length of the time out is reduced to 40 seconds.
4. The Referee will allow necessary time to attend to an injured player, or repair a legal player�s equipment.
5. Each team is allowed three time outs each half.
6. Time between plays will be 40 seconds from the end of a given play until the snap of the ball for the next play, or a 25-second interval after certain administrative stoppages and game delays.
7. Clock will start running when ball is snapped following all changes of team possession.
8. With the exception of the last two minutes of the first half and the last five minutes of the second half, the game clock will be restarted following a kickoff return, a player going out of bounds on a play from scrimmage, or after declined penalties when appropriate on the referee�s signal.
9. Consecutive team time outs can be taken by opposing teams but the length of the second time out will be reduced to 40 seconds.
10. When, in the judgment of the Referee, the level of crowd noise prevents the offense from hearing its signals, he can institute a series of procedures which can result in a loss of team time outs or a five-yard penalty against the defensive team.
Nowhere in the above rules does it state that in the conditions of what was happening on the clock should be stopped. Also in addition to this six seconds were added to the game clock. Had this illegal clock stoppage not occurred there would have been 40 seconds less time on the clock, 46 seconds less if you consider the six seconds added on after the play. This means that after that play, if the clock was running the way it is supposed to by the rulebook, there would only be 42 seconds left on the clock. Furthermore if this was not enough on the subsequent play time was not taken off during the play followed by a random flashing of numbers on the clock.
The following drive took the Giants a total of 52 seconds on the game clock from the point that six seconds were added to the clock. However if the time was managed the way it was supposed to be there would have been no time left on the clock after Eli Manning was tackled at :50 seconds on the game clock. This irrefutable proof demands that Super Bowl XLII be reviewed from the point of the first illegal stoppage.
We the fans of the NFL demand that Commissioner investigate this matter as it is in his ability and it is his responsibility. The following is what the commissioner may do in this matter.

Commissioner�s Authority
The Commissioner has sole authority to investigate and to take appropriate disciplinary or corrective measures if any club action, nonparticipant interference, or emergency occurs in an NFL game which he deems so unfair or outside the accepted tactics encountered in professional football that such action has a major effect on the result of a game.
No Club Protests
The authority and measures provided for in this section (UNFAIR ACTS) do not constitute a protest machinery for NFL clubs to dispute the result of a game. The Commissioner will conduct an investigation under this section only to review an act or occurrence that he deems so unfair that the result of the game in question may be inequitable to one of the participating teams. The Commissioner will not apply his authority under this section when a club registers a complaint concerning judgmental errors or routine errors of omission by game officials. Games involving such complaints will continue to stand as completed.
Penalties for Unfair Acts
The Commissioner�s powers under this section (UNFAIR ACTS) include the imposition of monetary fines and draft choice forfeitures, suspension of persons involved, and, if appropriate, the reversal of a game�s result or the rescheduling of a game, either from the beginning or from the point at which the extraordinary act occurred. In the event of rescheduling a game, the Commissioner will be guided by the procedures specified above ("Procedures for Starting and Resuming Games" under EMERGENCIES). In all cases, the Commissioner will conduct a full investigation, including the opportunity for hearings, use of game videotape, and any other procedures he deems appropriate.

Please do the right thing and investigate this game.

Sincerely,

BMF Bronco
02-08-2008, 04:06 PM
is that real?!

PatsWin2002
02-08-2008, 04:27 PM
People from New England are just a-holes in general. I had the misfortune of moving from Iowa to Maine and was treated as if I had no business coming into their land. Not to mention they assumed that since I lived in Iowa i must have farmed corn and definatley wasn't a refined elite like they obviously were. People from New England act as if they are natives of America and everyone else who inhabits it should bend over and kiss their a** because they allow them to live there. The only friends I truly made in Maine were transplants from other states. So naturally this attitude makes its way into sports. All non NE sports teams are the scum of the earth and you have to be a half-witted moron to like those teams. Luckily I lived in NE when the pats, sox, and celtics sucked so I didn't get the full brunt of the douchebaggery but I have told my wife that the only way I would ever live in NE again would be if I was given a lobotomy first (she is considering it).

You forgot to add #11...the New England accent...it's reeetaaahded

Dude, you went to Maine. MAINE!

There's nothing up there but flannel and moose....and moose in flannel.

Bronx33
02-08-2008, 04:28 PM
is that real?!

It appears so heres a few comment from the hosed patty fans..

38. Dave Rosenthal I can't believe this isn't a big story. I mean, we should be 19-0, but the NFL hates that Pats, so instead we have to go through this the rest of our lives knowing we got gypped.

91. Bradley Whitaker The referees seemed as though they wanted the Patriots to finally lose.

119. Brandon Lathrop Proven That the game was over after eli was tackled, should have been a patriots win, this was a all set up by the nfl as a conspiracy.

109. Andrew Paterson It is obvious that, whether by accident or intent, the clock was kept in the last 1:40 illegally and in such a way that it cost the New England Patriots a fair chance to win the Super Bowl. This is not bitterness talking, I actually believe the outcome would or could have been different. Please, at the very least an acknowledgement or apolgy, if not your ordering of a replay of the game from that point on, even though I realize how much that is to ask.

105. alex ketabi this must be investigated. this completely proves that the patriots should be super bowl champions

312. Meaghan O'Toole give the patriots their rightful win

968. Daniel Duggan I was orinally signer 47. I have since found my dignity and self respect. I formally withdraw signature 47. Oh and this one too.Please don't count me twice. Don't count me once either. Don't count me at all please. Though we did get ripped off 1:40. That kinda sucked. You know? I mean with that extra time and all, we could have won it. In fact we deserved to win. GOD DAMN. WE WERE CHEATED. We WERE EFFEN CHEATED! THIS SUCKS. THIS REALLY, REALLY, REALLY SUCKS. We should be 19-0 and on top of the world. Man, I hope this petition gets to Mr. Goodell. He can make it right. PLEEEEEASE make this right Roger. Please, Please,Please, Undefeated that's what we should be. Undefeated.

1144. Shamus Hughes Not only was the game clock illegal, there were questionable calls during the pass in which Eli Manning threw that pass downfield, there were 2 holding calls, including a severe one on Adalius Thomas. The fact that the NFL is trying to make the Mannings the faces of the NFL has to stop and they have to realize that its time to start calling fair games, even if the Patriots are playing

194. Erik Frenz I don't know much about the rules of the NFL but as a Patriots fan if this is true I feel cheated. If this is true there should seriously be a replay of the last 1:40 of the Super Bowl. I didn't bet on it myself, but a lot of people lost or gained a lot of money on this game and the real outcome deserves to be known.

193. John Vairo I would like to call out all the hypocritical Giants' fans here. If you think you're so amazing, then why are you so afraid to possibly play another game? According to you, the Super Bowl is more important than any other game. So if you were so "dominant" in this "fixed" game, why are you so afraid to replay 2 minutes of a game or even a whole additional game? You talk so high and mighty like you're the greatest team ever, but then hide in the corner, content with the excuse of "Well, we won. It doesn't matter if it was fixed or not." I strongly encourage the commissioner of the NFL to investigate this matter, because to not, would destroy the integrity of the game, and will make me stop watching the NFL from now on, because it is clearly fixed.

yavoon
02-08-2008, 04:37 PM
is that real?!

you almost wonder if its douchebag subterfuge just to make patriots fans look even worse.

Bronx33
02-08-2008, 04:38 PM
Some jokers chipped in as well lol!

1116. Obill Bin Cheetin All my internet warriors. Stay in cave. We weather storm together. Camel lick raw butt. We be better in no time.

1186. Tommy This is fackin' bull ****! That dahhhkie Mike Carey rawbbed our man Welkahhhhh of the MVP! AS FAAAAAHHHH AS I'M CONCERNED, WE'AH UNBEATEN!!!!

1183. B-Simm It's not fair! This was supposed to be OUR moment! I had a bag of frozen peas waiting for Tom!

1151. supermike4ever I only started rooting for the Patriots once they started winning Super Bowls. Now I don't know what to do.

1163. Matt Walsh I am filming all of you signing this.

Bronx33
02-08-2008, 04:50 PM
lam comment 3084 ;D

Beantown Bronco
02-08-2008, 04:52 PM
is that real?!

I don't personally think so.

See their supposed rule #1. The stadium game clock is official.

I know that I've heard on multiple occasions from the announcers that the game clock is not in fact the official clock and that one of the zebras on the field is actually in charge of keeping the "official clock."

DomCasual
02-08-2008, 05:08 PM
you almost wonder if its douchebag subterfuge just to make patriots fans look even worse.

Seriously, a person couldn't TRY to act like a douchebag and look more like a douchebag.

It just gets better and better! :)

Bronx33
02-08-2008, 05:15 PM
It's endless!!!

http://www.giantscheated.com/

Bronx33
02-08-2008, 07:36 PM
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=77432

Bronx33
02-08-2008, 07:42 PM
http://i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=27384

Bronx33
02-08-2008, 08:05 PM
"They're not going to lose. That's why I got the plate.

http://www.wlbz2.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=79868

http://www.wlbz2.com/assetpool/images/082119459_patsplate.jpg

WESTBROOK (NEWS CENTER) -- Many Maine fans are already showing their faith in the New England Patriots, but not to the extent one fan from Westbrook has.

Howard Spear's license plate needed to be renewed six weeks ago, so he thought he would order what could be the hottest plate in the state the day after the Super Bowl.

His new plate says PATS 19-0.

But Spear's co-workers are telling him not to put it on his vehicle just yet, because they don't want him to jinx the team.

He joked with our photographer Tim Goff that he wasn't sure what he would do if the outcome is different.

"They're not going to lose. That's why I got the plate. Before the season started when the Pats got Randy Moss, Brady finally has his receivers, I predicted that no one was going to beat them, so I had to get the plates, I can't doubt them," said Spear.

Spear got the idea when he logged on the New England Patriots website, and they were offering the same sort of plate in Massachusetts.

The price tag for that was $9,000.

Bwwwwaaaaaahahahahahahaaaa!!! ROFL!

Inkana7
02-08-2008, 08:05 PM
It's endless!!!

http://www.giantscheated.com/

Thats the definition of pathetic. According to that guy, there were like 15 facemask penalties on that play. And they were all legal blocks which might look illegal beacuse they're still pictures. What an idiot.

Bronx33
02-09-2008, 12:49 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UFfobQftP5k&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UFfobQftP5k&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

DomCasual
02-09-2008, 02:27 PM
Thats the definition of pathetic. According to that guy, there were like 15 facemask penalties on that play. And they were all legal blocks which might look illegal beacuse they're still pictures. What an idiot.

I just clicked it, and he's changed it. Methinks it didn't go over very well.

Bronx33
02-09-2008, 02:30 PM
I just clicked it, and he's changed it. Methinks it didn't go over very well.

LOL

Venting completed.

Perhaps the best Superbowl game of the decade - right down to the wire.
Congratulations to the Giants.

Rooting for a rematch next season.

Doggcow
02-09-2008, 02:38 PM
NE can't bitch. They should have lost to Baltimore AND Philly, the only reason they didn't was no calls on holds or non-td catches ruled in their favor.

Bronco Yoda
02-09-2008, 03:44 PM
btw, I watched the last drive again last night and spotted two seperate playes where a Pats player clearly lined up offsides over the LOS that was not called and both times that player affected the play with the rush.

broncocalijohn
02-09-2008, 05:35 PM

No respect. No class.

Karma is a b*tch.

They have become more Yankee like at the stadiums. I go to many Angels games and it was always the obnoxious Yankees' fans that mouth off like California is some cast off of New York. You know the type where everything sucks "out here" even though they have lived "out here" ("out here" as in everything not in New York isnt "HERE") for 25 years and would never move back to NY. It hasnt become that bad with Red Sox fans but I have noticed since their first WS, they are going that way. I am getting a new feeling where I loved the Yankees' fans coming to the stadium a few days early to root against the Sox and yell "19-18", but those days are done.

maher_tyler
02-09-2008, 06:36 PM

Now? Not so much.

3) Bill Simmons.

9) Bill Simmons.

I WILL NEVER PULL FOR THE YANKEES...EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris
02-09-2008, 07:42 PM
You forgot Ben Affleck

rbackfactory80
02-09-2008, 09:35 PM
They have become more Yankee like at the stadiums. I go to many Angels games and it was always the obnoxious Yankees' fans that mouth off like California is some cast off of New York. You know the type where everything sucks "out here" even though they have lived "out here" ("out here" as in everything not in New York isnt "HERE") for 25 years and would never move back to NY. It hasnt become that bad with Red Sox fans but I have noticed since their first WS, they are going that way. I am getting a new feeling where I loved the Yankees' fans coming to the stadium a few days early to root against the Sox and yell "19-18", but those days are done.

Yeah, God Bless you Southern Cal Angels fans. You epitomize what a true fan should be.

DomCasual
02-09-2008, 10:38 PM
You forgot Ben Affleck

Yeah, I thought about that after I made the list.

TomServo
02-10-2008, 01:17 AM
am i the only one who remembers boston looking totally stupid over this?

Paladin
02-10-2008, 02:01 AM
Well, at lest one fan there was venting against Sandy Eggo and Cry Baby Rivers. They can't be all bad........

enjolras
02-10-2008, 02:33 AM
am i the only one who remembers boston looking totally stupid over this?

Same city that arrested an MIT student for wearing this to the airport:

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/ideas/brainiac/star.jpg

They really are a paranoid bunch in Boston.

Bronx33
02-10-2008, 01:05 PM
<embed allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" src="http://media.redlasso.com/xdrive/WEB/vidplayer_1b/redlasso_player_b1b_deploy.swf" flashvars="embedId=1e91145b-b872-4e00-8314-2f1a06cdb86b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="390" height="320"></embed>

Doggcow
02-10-2008, 05:12 PM
BAHAHAHAHAHA. I went to that pats thread and left a post: "The patriots have been the biggest benefactors of No-calls and bad calls all season. They should have stepped up their game and not relied on one questionable call that was completely immeterial to the game."

And they banned me. Rofl, I think their asses are aflame.

broncsyanks
02-10-2008, 05:31 PM
I WILL NEVER PULL FOR THE YANKEES...EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

well who asked you to? so your point is what? all i know is that people are waking up to seeing what has been disguised for many years. they are even more obnoxious then most people really know

broncocalijohn
02-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Yeah, God Bless you Southern Cal Angels fans. You epitomize what a true fan should be.

better than the holier than thou attitude you guys have. Everything i quoted is gospel. All i know is that we have the only winning percentage against you guys since around 1993 and it urkes you fans. So if a team can own the hated Yanks for so long even when we sucked, then yes Angels and their fans are what a
true fan should be.

ElwayMD
02-11-2008, 03:14 PM

I see you have spent a great deal of time in Maine...you live south of Boston you must eat chowdah and drink laaahgaah (that's Lager in New Englandish) while wearing a sox hat.

rbackfactory80
02-11-2008, 07:00 PM
better than the holier than thou attitude you guys have. Everything i quoted is gospel. All i know is that we have the only winning percentage against you guys since around 1993 and it urkes you fans. So if a team can own the hated Yanks for so long even when we sucked, then yes Angels and their fans are what a
true fan should be.

This entire post is a joke. You talk about a holier than thou attitude while you first rip Red Sox fans and then move on to rip the Yankees. In the last thread I saw you reply to you were making fun of a kid who lived in Jersey. You my friend display the holier then thou attitude. By the way weren't you the guy who was trying to sell you Broncos tickets for like 700 each? Do me a favor and don't write any books on how to be a true fan.

broncocalijohn
02-11-2008, 08:18 PM
This entire post is a joke. You talk about a holier than thou attitude while you first rip Red Sox fans and then move on to rip the Yankees. In the last thread I saw you reply to you were making fun of a kid who lived in Jersey. You my friend display the holier then thou attitude. By the way weren't you the guy who was trying to sell you Broncos tickets for like 700 each? Do me a favor and don't write any books on how to be a true fan.

Look New yaker, I wasnt the one who said I was holier than thou as I was responded to the poster. Where did I state that I was holier than thou? Not one place. Yes, I made a joke on New Jersey just like New york does all the time. Watch Conan O Brien once a week for a New Jersey rip. And yes, i do rip on Yankees' fans. We own them. Red Sox not as bad but getting close as they keep winning those World Series. $700 for two tickets. Yes that was me. Saved the guy over $100 so a win win situation. But forget those times every year where I charge less than half the going rate for a Chargers vs Broncos ticket. Dont be a yahoo and try to judge me on that. Puhlease. You show me the book where it states I cant be a real fan unless I give my tickets away at face value. Next you will go back to all my posts and find I was part of the secret society backing Plummer and that I actually rooted for the Broncos vs the Vikings (WHAT!?!?). So take your new york swagger and realize that this is a message board where smack happens and in fun. The New Jersey smack? Well, seems he was ok with it as he repped me. Seems you got a chip on your shoulder and need to relax and enjoy the off season. Anything else?

BMF Bronco
02-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Foneco Boston

Drek
02-12-2008, 01:18 PM
People from New England are just a-holes in general. I had the misfortune of moving from Iowa to Maine and was treated as if I had no business coming into their land.

And? You act surprised.

Maine, especially northern Maine, is the most xenophobic part of this country. How do people not get that?

If you aren't at least 3rd generation you aren't welcome.

And don't lump northern and southern Mainers together, we northern folk will shoot you for that. Same with lumping us in with Ma-holes and the rest of the candy ass southern NE population.

They should put a big sign up on I-95, as soon as you get north of Bangor, that says "You Are Not Welcome, Turn Around, Go Home, etc.".

PatsWin2002
02-12-2008, 01:45 PM
I see you have spent a great deal of time in Maine...you live south of Boston you must eat chowdah and drink laaahgaah (that's Lager in New Englandish) while wearing a sox hat.

Chowder is not as prevalent here as people think. Nor are baked beans. I think the rest of the country likes to do a Southie accent and say "Chowda" and make as many references to "Beantown" as possible. It's a strange phenomenon.

Personally, I don't like Maine. Many people here love going up there to get away from life. I'm not one of them (merely personal preference - not bagging on Maine). I prefer Martha's Vineyard. When I am in Maine I always think to myself, "What a great place to hide a body!" and "it's a 45-minute drive EVERYWHERE? No matter if we need milk or a hospital??"

Oh, and I don't wear hats. Hats don't flatter me. Maybe one of those Carmen Miranda things would help, but I haven't tried.

rbackfactory80
02-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Look New yaker, I wasnt the one who said I was holier than thou as I was responded to the poster. Where did I state that I was holier than thou? Not one place. Yes, I made a joke on New Jersey just like New york does all the time. Watch Conan O Brien once a week for a New Jersey rip. And yes, i do rip on Yankees' fans. We own them. Red Sox not as bad but getting close as they keep winning those World Series. $700 for two tickets. Yes that was me. Saved the guy over $100 so a win win situation. But forget those times every year where I charge less than half the going rate for a Chargers vs Broncos ticket. Dont be a yahoo and try to judge me on that. Puhlease. You show me the book where it states I cant be a real fan unless I give my tickets away at face value. Next you will go back to all my posts and find I was part of the secret society backing Plummer and that I actually rooted for the Broncos vs the Vikings (WHAT!?!?). So take your new york swagger and realize that this is a message board where smack happens and in fun. The New Jersey smack? Well, seems he was ok with it as he repped me. Seems you got a chip on your shoulder and need to relax and enjoy the off season. Anything else?

Seems like I hit a nerve Cali John. Sorry bud but I would need a translator if I were to go back a read all your posts. Real fans help other real fans out. 700 is called a rip off artist where I come from. Enjoy the sunshine dude:thumbsup:

ElwayMD
02-12-2008, 10:34 PM
Oh, and I don't wear hats. Hats don't flatter me. Maybe one of those Carmen Miranda things would help, but I haven't tried.[/QUOTE]

Well you would have a snack bar on the top of your head so not only would it be fashionable but it would also be practical.

Bronx33
02-15-2008, 05:21 PM
http://bp1.blogger.com/_3ZJuj_RcIcI/R7SZK2rw5xI/AAAAAAAAA5I/U4yNX_I0Cfs/s320/_40808763_fans272.gif

Well, Patriot fans, it’s been well over ten days since the Giants upset the Patriots, and I just thought I’d check in on you. How are you feeling? Are you okay? Is everything all right? I know how you Boston folks like to treat every loss as if it’s something that saddens the entire world as a whole. I know how you can’t possibly go on without someone offering you sympathy, as if you yourself were on the field for that loss. Surely that’s the reason for the downward turn in the US economy. Sports fans in Boston are unhappy! Oh, what a tragedy! Everything feels so dark and cold! Quick, someone play a Des’Ree CD to cheer them up!

I’m just kidding, of course. I do not wish you Patriot fans a Happy Valentine’s Day. Unless this is the day your girlfriend decides she’s had it with you and the 500 empty tins of Kodiak you keep leaving around her apartment. I don’t wish you a Happy Valentine’s Day at all. But I will wish you a happy “Eat A ****ing Bowl Of Dick” Day. Or a “Get Run Over By A ****ing Cement Mixer” Day. Or a “Get Your Klan Rally Petition Rejected By The Board Of Commerce” Day. Or a “YOU ****ING LOST” Day. Or a “Why Don’t You Take A Job As A Commercial Fisherman And ****ing Drown 500 Miles Off The Coast Of Nova Scotia In A Fierce Nor’Easter?” Day.

I hope you choke on rose stems. You ****ing losers.

And, while we’re here, let’s tear that Simmons mailbag apart.

One gigantic disclaimer before we get to the collection of post-Super Bowl e-mails: I would have included more Giants-related e-mails if I had received more coherent ones -- 99 percent were of the "Hahhhhhhhhaahahahahaa! You suck!" or "18-1!!!!!" variety.

Yes, because no one from New York is creative at all! Such an unimaginative town! What do they do there, sell insurance? It would have been far preferable if New England had won, and Patriot fans could have taunted the world with more florid taunts, such as, “FACK YOU, YOU FACKIN’ BRAWNX IMMIGRANTS! WHY DON’T YOU GO GET A FACKIN’ GREEN CAAAAAD!” Yes, if you root for a non-Boston team, you are nowhere near as gracious or poetic in winning. Maybe if you had been more fawning of the Patriots in victory, Simmons would have deigned to publish you.

Let’s play a game. How many emails did ****box have to comb through to get dog**** like this?

Of course, I have no pity for the Patriots, but I DO feel for their great fans.

I’m guessing 300. But wait! There’s douchier!

I really do feel for Pats fans after that loss -- I still think this year's Pats are easily the best team of the modern salary cap era. If you need proof of that, consider the fact that after Plaxico Burress made what became the game-winning touchdown, the single thought in the head of every Giants fan watching the game was "Oh God, Brady has 35 seconds and three timeouts." I'm not sure there has ever been a team that has caused more doubt in the minds of the opposing fans than these Patriots.

So true! Great teams don’t even need to close out games! The mere fact that other teams’ fans consider the possibility of them coming back to win is all the reason anyone needs! Why even play the end of the game WHEN FANS MAY HAVE DOUBTS ABOUT THE OUTCOME? Crazy!

Finally…

What are the odds that Asante Samuel's dropped INT at the end of the game will replace Buckner's bungle as the worst play in Boston history? That was devastating on a level far surpassing anything I've seen in all my years as a Boston sports fan. If he ever wears a Pats jersey again, it'll be too soon.

Allusion to ’86 Red Sox loss? Check.
Boston fan playing up his emotional devastation to invite your pity? Check.
Throwing longtime, outstanding player under the bus? Check.
Desire in me to choke this person with a hockey stick? Check.

**** your Valentine’s Day, Patriot fans. I hope you get the runs.

Inkana7
02-15-2008, 05:33 PM
Brilliant.

ro_50
02-15-2008, 06:11 PM

I live in Jersey and crack jokes on Jersey!!!

broncocalijohn
02-15-2008, 06:32 PM
Seems like I hit a nerve Cali John. Sorry bud but I would need a translator if I were to go back a read all your posts. Real fans help other real fans out. 700 is called a rip off artist where I come from. Enjoy the sunshine dude:thumbsup:

Thanks RO (above post). Seems another poster thinks when you sell tickets, you are raping and forcing them to shell out cash. Unbelievable.

El Minion
02-15-2008, 09:14 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CT9ngRhjQJE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CT9ngRhjQJE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

-Slap-
02-15-2008, 10:54 PM
Hey Boston fans and bandwagons. Check out this nice picture of Bartolo Beckett shaking off the rust.

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4467/0669ea2a28beckett021320eh9.jpg

theAPAOps5
02-15-2008, 11:38 PM
Thats my boy getting some oomph behind that pitch! Dude seriously partied it up this offseason!

TomServo
02-16-2008, 03:34 AM
so did beckett have a boy or a girl?

Kaylore
02-16-2008, 12:32 PM
so did beckett have a boy or a girl?

Looks like he's got twins on the way.

Punisher
02-16-2008, 01:03 PM
You can mark the Pats down for the biggest Coke ever :)

Punisher
02-16-2008, 01:07 PM
http://bp1.blogger.com/_3ZJuj_RcIcI/R7SZK2rw5xI/AAAAAAAAA5I/U4yNX_I0Cfs/s320/_40808763_fans272.gif

Well, Patriot fans, it’s been well over ten days since the Giants upset the Patriots, and I just thought I’d check in on you. How are you feeling? Are you okay? Is everything all right? I know how you Boston folks like to treat every loss as if it’s something that saddens the entire world as a whole. I know how you can’t possibly go on without someone offering you sympathy, as if you yourself were on the field for that loss. Surely that’s the reason for the downward turn in the US economy. Sports fans in Boston are unhappy! Oh, what a tragedy! Everything feels so dark and cold! Quick, someone play a Des’Ree CD to cheer them up!

I’m just kidding, of course. I do not wish you Patriot fans a Happy Valentine’s Day. Unless this is the day your girlfriend decides she’s had it with you and the 500 empty tins of Kodiak you keep leaving around her apartment. I don’t wish you a Happy Valentine’s Day at all. But I will wish you a happy “Eat A ****ing Bowl Of Dick” Day. Or a “Get Run Over By A ****ing Cement Mixer” Day. Or a “Get Your Klan Rally Petition Rejected By The Board Of Commerce” Day. Or a “YOU ****ING LOST” Day. Or a “Why Don’t You Take A Job As A Commercial Fisherman And ****ing Drown 500 Miles Off The Coast Of Nova Scotia In A Fierce Nor’Easter?” Day.

I hope you choke on rose stems. You ****ing losers.

And, while we’re here, let’s tear that Simmons mailbag apart.

One gigantic disclaimer before we get to the collection of post-Super Bowl e-mails: I would have included more Giants-related e-mails if I had received more coherent ones -- 99 percent were of the "Hahhhhhhhhaahahahahaa! You suck!" or "18-1!!!!!" variety.

Yes, because no one from New York is creative at all! Such an unimaginative town! What do they do there, sell insurance? It would have been far preferable if New England had won, and Patriot fans could have taunted the world with more florid taunts, such as, “FACK YOU, YOU FACKIN’ BRAWNX IMMIGRANTS! WHY DON’T YOU GO GET A FACKIN’ GREEN CAAAAAD!” Yes, if you root for a non-Boston team, you are nowhere near as gracious or poetic in winning. Maybe if you had been more fawning of the Patriots in victory, Simmons would have deigned to publish you.

Let’s play a game. How many emails did ****box have to comb through to get dog**** like this?

Of course, I have no pity for the Patriots, but I DO feel for their great fans.

I’m guessing 300. But wait! There’s douchier!

I really do feel for Pats fans after that loss -- I still think this year's Pats are easily the best team of the modern salary cap era. If you need proof of that, consider the fact that after Plaxico Burress made what became the game-winning touchdown, the single thought in the head of every Giants fan watching the game was "Oh God, Brady has 35 seconds and three timeouts." I'm not sure there has ever been a team that has caused more doubt in the minds of the opposing fans than these Patriots.

So true! Great teams don’t even need to close out games! The mere fact that other teams’ fans consider the possibility of them coming back to win is all the reason anyone needs! Why even play the end of the game WHEN FANS MAY HAVE DOUBTS ABOUT THE OUTCOME? Crazy!

Finally…

What are the odds that Asante Samuel's dropped INT at the end of the game will replace Buckner's bungle as the worst play in Boston history? That was devastating on a level far surpassing anything I've seen in all my years as a Boston sports fan. If he ever wears a Pats jersey again, it'll be too soon.

Allusion to ’86 Red Sox loss? Check.
Boston fan playing up his emotional devastation to invite your pity? Check.
Throwing longtime, outstanding player under the bus? Check.
Desire in me to choke this person with a hockey stick? Check.

**** your Valentine’s Day, Patriot fans. I hope you get the runs.

LMAO HOLLY CRAP! Some one give that man some rep

DomCasual
02-25-2008, 07:52 PM
Hey Boston fans and bandwagons. Check out this nice picture of Bartolo Beckett shaking off the rust.

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4467/0669ea2a28beckett021320eh9.jpg

Slap, the new GM of the Boston Red Sox.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/baseball/mlb/02/25/bc.bba.redsox.colon.ap/index.html

Red Sox sign Colon
Former Cy Young winner agrees to minor-league deal

FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) -- Former AL Cy Young Award winner Bartolo Colon agreed Monday to a minor league contract with the Boston Red Sox and will report to spring training.

The 34-year-old Colon right-hander was 6-8 with a 6.34 ERA in 19 games last season with the Los Angeles Angels.

He has been slowed by injuries, opening last year on the disabled list with a partial tear in his right rotator cuff and later going out with problems in his elbow.

If healthy, Colon could take a spot in the rotation that opened when Curt Schilling got hurt.

DomCasual
01-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Bump.

Posted just after the Patriots perfect season was spoiled in the Super Bowl (that still makes me giddy).

I could probably change some of the reasons now. But the concept of the post would still be the same. Boston sports fans suck!

Chris
01-11-2012, 01:22 PM

I ****ing love Maine... but you have to have an in there. People been sitting up there for 300+ years... I get it.

bendog
01-11-2012, 01:41 PM
I ****ing love Maine... but you have to have an in there. People been sitting up there for 300+ years... I get it.

And they haven't moved in all those years. Seriously Maine is a cool place.

Paladin
01-11-2012, 01:56 PM
Some jokers chipped in as well lol!

1116. Obill Bin Cheetin All my internet warriors. Stay in cave. We weather storm together. Camel lick raw butt. We be better in no time.
1186. Tommy This is fackin' bull ****! That dahhhkie Mike Carey rawbbed our man Welkahhhhh of the MVP! AS FAAAAAHHHH AS I'M CONCERNED, WE'AH UNBEATEN!!!!

1183. B-Simm It's not fair! This was supposed to be OUR moment! I had a bag of frozen peas waiting for Tom!

1151. supermike4ever I only started rooting for the Patriots once they started winning Super Bowls. Now I don't know what to do.

1163. Matt Walsh I am filming all of you signing this.

LOL!!!!!

Good bump

bowtown
01-11-2012, 02:08 PM

Don't forget Bill Simmons. He's another great reason.

errand
01-11-2012, 02:11 PM
My dad is a Yankee fan..he's got shirt with all of the WS won by Yankees on back, with title that says 26 reasons to hate the Red Sox....

Patriot 37
01-11-2012, 02:13 PM
Boston at least has a personality (Even if we are a bunch of a-holes).

Denver is a nice enough place but it's so f-ing generic. Nobody is from there.

They are a lot of hot chicks in Denver I'll give you that! Too bad your QB doesn't take advantage of the quality that's there out. We should send out the Gronk to take care of all the ladies in Denver. His blood is liquid viagra!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NgHnjBVdB2E

Miss I.
01-11-2012, 02:20 PM

They are a lot of hot chicks in Denver I'll give you that! Too bad your QB doesn't take advantage of the quality that's there out. We should send out the Gronk to take care of all the ladies in Denver. His blood is liquid viagra!!!

Well you are wrong about Denver being generic, but that's okay. Most people see what they've been conditioned to believe about a place. At any rate I will give you this, the video is funny. I am particularly fond of the Gronk voice.

As for our QB, apparently our former QB, King Neckbeard took care of all the skanks of Denver and quite a lot of Jack Daniels as well. It didn't make him successful though, so I will stick with Tebow.

Tombstone RJ
01-11-2012, 02:23 PM

There' too many asshats from Boston in Denver too. In fact, a large chunk of the dumbass East coast asshats have moved to Colorado from places like Boston, DC, NY, etc. You mix that with the asshats from LA and well, you got asshat central.

Patriot 37
01-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Well you are wrong about Denver being generic, but that's okay. Most people see what they've been conditioned to believe about a place. At any rate I will give you this, the video is funny. I am particularly fond of the Gronk voice.

As for our QB, apparently our former QB, King Neckbeard took care of all the skanks of Denver and quite a lot of Jack Daniels as well. It didn't make him successful though, so I will stick with Tebow.

We used to have a drunken slut chasing idiot at QB, but we didn't let him start. Now Scott Zolak is a respected member of the local media.Hilarious!

Turd_Ferguson
01-11-2012, 02:35 PM
Somebody might have mentioned this already but they also won a Stanley Cup last year.

Miss I.
01-11-2012, 02:38 PM
We used to have a drunken slut chasing idiot at QB, but we didn't let him start. Now Scott Zolak is a respected member of the local media.Hilarious!

Now that is clearly ridiculous. There is no such thing as a respected member of the media, much less the local media. ;D

55CrushEm
01-11-2012, 02:50 PM

Gronk is a hell of football player......but damn, he looks and sounds like the typical dumbass meathead/meatbag.

Houshyamama
01-11-2012, 02:58 PM

Some of the most boring people I've ever met came from Behstin. For a few of them, the entirety of their personality existed of: I'm from Boston. That's it. It's really sad. It's like basing your entire personality around the fact that you have a pair of red shoes. Guess what? No one cares.

Broncobiv
01-11-2012, 03:07 PM
I loved Gronk when he was here at Arizona.

Now I hate that meathead. Dammit Gronk! Why did you have to become a douchebag Patriot!

gunns
01-11-2012, 04:17 PM
I'm feeling the love. :)

What happened to Beantown Bronco? He hasn't posted since last September. He's a good guy, for a guy from NE.

Miss I.
01-11-2012, 10:43 PM
I loved Gronk when he was here at Arizona.

Now I hate that meathead. Dammit Gronk! Why did you have to become a douchebag Patriot!

He's hardly the only notable Wildcat to play for them...Tedy Bruschi and I graduated the same year and he played for them, the bastard. ;D

Bronco Rob
01-11-2012, 10:54 PM
:strong:

Toshiro Takashi
01-12-2012, 07:55 AM

Menver is a giant pickle party.

55CrushEm
01-12-2012, 08:09 AM
What happened to Beantown Bronco? He hasn't posted since last September. He's a good guy, for a guy from NE.

I just texted him, as I was wondering the same thing. Waiting for a response.

bronco militia
01-12-2012, 08:23 AM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/lol-the-new-tommy.jpg

BroncoBen
01-12-2012, 09:05 AM

I know I almost spilled my coffee this morning when I heard something simular on the Radio, about how the Pats lost to the Jets and Ravens in the Playoffs.

Someone here at work was saying the same thing that the Pats were 'always' getting screwed in the playoffs... Really?

Peoples Champ
01-12-2012, 09:09 AM
I know I almost spilled my coffee this morning when I heard something simular on the Radio, about how the Pats lost to the Jets and Ravens in the Playoffs.

Someone here at work was saying the same thing that the Pats were 'always' getting screwed in the playoffs... Really?

who is the hot chick in your avatar?

SportinOne
01-12-2012, 10:02 AM

I think, really, what Drek is saying is that your writeup is too assuming and lacks support for many of your statements and this, on principle, is annoying as **** to read.

but if he's from the Boston area then i'm sure that adds to it.

it was cute..

BroncoBeavis
01-12-2012, 10:22 AM
We used to have a drunken slut chasing idiot at QB, but we didn't let him start.

See guys, even the Pats fans had this figured out. And we pissed away two seasons. Almost 3. :)

Flex Gunmetal
01-12-2012, 10:27 AM
I would rather cut my balls off and eat them than move from Denver to Boston.
Yes, it's got history and some notable architecture. But it's filled with people from Massachusetts, who are the premier ***wads among the American populace.

So, if the Pats do win this weekend, a lot of pats fans will still wake up on sunday in Boston. Who are the real winners?

DomCasual
01-12-2012, 10:28 AM
I think, really, what Drek is saying is that your writeup is too assuming and lacks support for many of your statements and this, on principle, is annoying as **** to read.

but if he's from the Boston area then i'm sure that adds to it.

it was cute..

I think it's cute that you thought it should be supported with logic. It was a hack job. It wasn't written to be published in academic journals.

Toshiro Takashi
01-12-2012, 10:31 AM
I mean, There are a lot of great reasons to live in Menver.

Hot women is definitely not one of them though.

Flex Gunmetal
01-12-2012, 10:36 AM

Actually it is, trim in lodo is hardly difficult to come by.

Judging by your position on the matter I can't assume you have much experience in the field.

Toshiro Takashi
01-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Actually it is, trim in lodo is hardly difficult to come by.

Judging by your position on the matter I can't assume you have much experience in the field.

Menver is lacking in the quality trim department for sure. Places like Boston & New York might be obnoxious as hell but the women that live in those cities are smoking hot. Even **** kicker cities like Atlanta, Dallas & Charlotte blow the doors off Menver.

Tombstone RJ
01-12-2012, 10:46 AM

Yah whatever. Obviously you haven't spent much time in Denver and you definitely never get up to Boulder where hotties abound...

Toshiro Takashi
01-12-2012, 10:48 AM
I lived in Menver for over 15 years. And Boulder is not Menver.

Flex Gunmetal
01-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Menver is lacking in the quality trim department for sure. Places like Boston & New York might be obnoxious as hell but the women that live in those cities are smoking hot. Even **** kicker cities like Atlanta, Dallas & Charlotte blow the doors off Menver.

Awesome post, 10/10, except you must be a total failure if you can't land quality ass in lodo. Which apparently you are.

You lived there for 15 years, how old are you now?

Toshiro Takashi
01-12-2012, 11:00 AM
Awesome post, 10/10, except you must be a total failure if you can't land quality ass in lodo. Which apparently you are.

I mean I managed to land plenty of "trim" & "ass" when I lived in Menver. The thing was though when I traveled to other cities I couldn't believe hot much hotter the women were. Not just a little hotter, but like out of this world hotter.

You lived there for 15 years, how old are you now?

STALKER

Requiem
01-12-2012, 11:02 AM
Happy endings.

Flex Gunmetal
01-12-2012, 11:04 AM
I mean I managed to land plenty of "trim" & "ass" when I lived in Menver. The thing was though when I traveled to other cities I couldn't believe hot much hotter the women were. Not just a little hotter, but like out of this world hotter.

notsureifsrs. Have you been to lodo in the past 10 years? Denver is a melting pot with transplants from all over the country. They don't breed em differently here, most of them aren't from here.

STALKER
Translation: I'm an old man and haven't had sex with a woman I wasn't married to for over a decade. But let me critique Denver's single women for you.

bronco militia
01-12-2012, 11:07 AM
there's plenty of hot chicks all over Colorado...they just don't put out for anyone.

Why do you think are so many Tebow fans here?

duhh

Requiem
01-12-2012, 11:10 AM
I've only been in Colorado since August, but I'm underwhelmed with the talent in some areas.

Flex Gunmetal
01-12-2012, 11:11 AM
I've only been in Colorado since August, but I'm underwhelmed with the talent in some areas.

Where in CO?

bronco militia
01-12-2012, 11:11 AM

pueblo doesn't count :D

Toshiro Takashi
01-12-2012, 11:12 AM
notsureifsrs. Have you been to lodo in the past 10 years?

I left Menver in 06.

Denver is a melting pot with transplants from all over the country. They don't breed em differently here, most of them aren't from here

Yeah it's like Menver is a magnet for ugly girls all over America.

Translation: I'm not an old man and I had sex with a woman I wasn't married to this morning.

FIFY

Flex Gunmetal
01-12-2012, 11:16 AM
I left Menver in 06.

Yeah it's like Menver is a magnet for ugly girls all over America.

FIFY

lol.

http://i.imgur.com/MmUFw.gif

Tombstone RJ
01-12-2012, 11:17 AM
I lived in Menver for over 15 years. And Boulder is not Menver.

weak. Boulder is pretty much a suburb of Denver and there's lots of hotties that spend time socializing in both areas but whatever.

Flex Gunmetal
01-12-2012, 11:19 AM
weak. Boulder is pretty much a suburb of Denver and there's lots of hotties that spend time socializing in both areas but whatever.
Dude is a 5/10 troll, disregard.