PDA

View Full Version : Worst. Super Bowl. Ever.

Kaylore
01-21-2008, 03:04 AM
That Patriots and the Giants. Two teams from the upper East coast. Basically you can root for a stupid Boston fan or a crabby New Yorker. I'm probably not going to even watch.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-21-2008, 03:07 AM
I bet you do. And i dont think it'll be a bad superbowl...there have def been more boring ones than this one.

Popps
01-21-2008, 03:38 AM
Funny thing, too... this is the media's dream-game. Couldn't have played out any better for them.

BowlenBall
01-21-2008, 03:40 AM
The East Coast fix is in....

enjolras
01-21-2008, 03:45 AM
The Medias dream game involved Brett Favre... but I bet they take it.

Popps
01-21-2008, 03:48 AM
The Medias dream game involved Brett Favre... but I bet they take it.

Maybe.

Favre would have been an easy sell, but nothing trumps a NY team to the mass-media. Sheer number of viewers alone makes that a lock.

The league has to love this, too. Two big markets, one star QB and another they've been hoping would turn out a star.

This was about the most boring outcome I could have predicted, personally. I just don't like or hate either of these teams enough to care. I'll watch and enjoy, of course. But I'll have a tough time finding a rooting stance.

ShutDownPoster
01-21-2008, 03:53 AM
The Ravens Giants Bowl was quite a snooze fest as well.

fontaine
01-21-2008, 05:02 AM
The damn giants?

The NFC is like the minor leagues of the NFL.

TheChamp24
01-21-2008, 05:06 AM
The Ravens Giants Bowl was quite a snooze fest as well.

Yup. Heck, the Titans-Rams was bad until the 4th, the Pats-Panthers was bad until the 4th(I think this game was really bad and like 30 points were scored in the 4th to help make it an interesting game), the Bucs-Raiders game was bad, the Steelers-Seahawks game was bad IMO(still can't believe Steelers won with Big Ben's play).
Honestly, you see better games in the Conference Championships then the Super Bowl it seems now.

Northman
01-21-2008, 06:50 AM
Yup. Heck, the Titans-Rams was bad until the 4th, the Pats-Panthers was bad until the 4th(I think this game was really bad and like 30 points were scored in the 4th to help make it an interesting game), the Bucs-Raiders game was bad, the Steelers-Seahawks game was bad IMO(still can't believe Steelers won with Big Ben's play).
Honestly, you see better games in the Conference Championships then the Super Bowl it seems now.

What? The Bucs/Raiders was really good! :thumbsup:

chickennob2
01-21-2008, 06:54 AM
Insulting the Titans-Rams game? That was one of hte most entertaining games I can remember (given I'm 18, I don't remember as many as most of you, but still)

Sassy
01-21-2008, 06:56 AM

Yes it was! GO JOHN LYNCH! ;D

OrangeShadow
01-21-2008, 07:09 AM
wouldnt it be something to see the giants knock off the patsises?

no-pseudo-fan
01-21-2008, 08:26 AM
I will be going for NY and good comercials.

HEAV
01-21-2008, 08:31 AM
Kaylore can be such a manic-depressive.

ssgtwc1
01-21-2008, 08:37 AM

yeah......but I just don't see it happenin

Meck77
01-21-2008, 08:38 AM

And that right there is why Kaylore and everyone else will be glued to their TV. It's David and Goliath.

Either way make some bean dip. Many of you will either be playing ball with the kids in the yard in the second quarter or you'll be sitting next to them explaining the historical significance of the potential upset as the game unfolds.

Opening day of training camp, opening day of the season, playoffs, Superbowl Sunday, it's all good!

loborugger
01-21-2008, 08:44 AM
That Patriots and the Giants. Two teams from the upper East coast. Basically you can root for a stupid Boston fan or a crabby New Yorker. I'm probably not going to even watch.

While I agree with you on the geographical comments, this might be a better game than you think.

Look at how the dogs have been doing in the playoffs this year. The Giants were Dogs at least twice (I think they were also underdogs in Tampa, but I wouldnt swear to it). They put up good fights in both Dallas and Green Bay.

San Diego was a dog in the Indy game and all they did was go into the piped in noise dome (there is a reason it was sponsored by RCA) and beat Mellonhead and the Colts - without LT or Rivers. And while they didnt beat the Pats, they did cover the spread and played better than most gave credit. Heck their D did enough to actually win the game.

The teams that keep getting written off keep rising to the occasion. Heck, I even think J-ville covered the spread in NE last week and at least gave NE something to sweat about for a half.

Also, if there is a D Line that can give Brady and the passing game fits, its NY. Mellonhead Jr is playing probably his best ball ever, and the G-men have shown they can move the ball thru the air and on the ground. So, while I am not calling for an upset, I do think the Giants will at least make it interesting.

TheChamp24
01-21-2008, 08:48 AM

It was good to see the Raiders get killed, but it was not entertaining other than that.

Insulting the Titans-Rams game? That was one of hte most entertaining games I can remember (given I'm 18, I don't remember as many as most of you, but still)

I'll say it again, it had an exciting finish, but the first 3 quarters, it was a real snoozer. The only reason people remember that game so well was because of the finish it had.

Beantown Bronco
01-21-2008, 09:06 AM
I'll watch and enjoy, of course. But I'll have a tough time finding a rooting stance.

Place a big bet on the game. That should cure your problem. :)

RhymesayersDU
01-21-2008, 09:08 AM
If this game is anything like Week 17's game, it'll be phenomenal.

I know, I know. The "I don't care about the Pats, stop talking about them" crowd didn't watch it. They found waaaaay better stuff to do with their time.

But it was a fantastic game. I just hope that Eli can keep up his play and make this a game. If not, it'll be bad.

oubronco
01-21-2008, 09:28 AM
get your popcorn ready

Hogan11
01-21-2008, 09:40 AM
I kinda like the matchup myself.....no Farve, no TO, No ahole Chargers.

Yeah you've got Brady (the unquestionable heir to the Bret Farve beer shot game) but you need at least one media knob they slobber over in order to play. Brady & Farve would've been too much. As it is with Brady, you'll need to use light beer if you expect to last till the third quarter.

That's how some of us "crabby NYers" make it thru games like this.

BTW, in case you're wondering...it's one shot glass full of beer everytime the commentator says the guys full name. So just "Brady" or "Tom" doesn't qualify but "Tom Brady" does. The game was devised out of Madden's sickening love for Bret Farve on the MNF/SNF games and succeeds in turning a major irritation into a doable drinking contest...last man standing of course, wins and a cash ante into the pot at the beginning is up to vote by the players. It beats playing quarters, I'll say that much for it.

bpc
01-21-2008, 09:47 AM
Ne 49 - Ny 17

chickennob2
01-21-2008, 09:49 AM

I know, I know. The "I don't care about the Pats, stop talking about them" crowd didn't watch it. They found waaaaay better stuff to do with their time.

But it was a fantastic game. I just hope that Eli can keep up his play and make this a game. If not, it'll be bad.

I was watching my boys, the 2nd ranked Memphis Tigers beating up on Arizona that night. But at halftime of the game we walked out into the concourse and about 80 people were all gathered around a TV showing the Pats-Giants game from the Giants last possession. So the end of the game was certainly exciting. I guess I'll take your word about the rest of it being just as exciting.

BroncoBuff
01-21-2008, 09:56 AM
The Giants will be greatly helpd by that game ...

B-Love
01-21-2008, 10:02 AM
The only thing that has somewhat slowed Tom Brady is weather.

The Jets game last year, the Jets game this year, and yesterday.

Weather will not be an issue in Arizona, so the Pats will score at will.

Pats 42 Giants 24

Dead Head
01-21-2008, 10:16 AM

That game was terrible.

vancejohnson82
01-21-2008, 10:28 AM
NE - 38
NY - 20

Boring

Orange_Beard
01-21-2008, 10:35 AM
I though last year really sucked. Mid-west **** fest.

rbackfactory80
01-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Oh yeah a horrible super bowl. A wild card team that beats the 1,2,4 seeds on the road to play the best team in the NFL. Stop being such a hater.

Kaylore
01-21-2008, 11:27 AM
But I'll have a tough time finding a rooting stance.

That's what I mean! Aside from the fact that the Patriots will probably have the game over by half time, its that I don't have any dog in this race except maybe Strahan. It would be nice to see him get a ring and Tiki to see pouting in his living room after he retired one year too early.

Manning's robotic personality and whining at the draft turned me off to him, but since Phillip Rivers has emerged as a total douche and since I hate the New York media, I've started to root for the kid. I'd love to be able to think of Eli's ring whenever I see Rivers.

Still, this game just doesn't have many personalities to root for. We'll see.

Rohirrim
01-21-2008, 11:44 AM

Who **** in your corn flakes. :welcome:

It will be the same as all SBs the Broncos are not in: A good excuse to drink beer.

OABB
01-21-2008, 11:46 AM
That's what I mean! Aside from the fact that the Patriots will probably have the game over by half time, its that I don't have any dog in this race except maybe Strahan. It would be nice to see him get a ring and Tiki to see pouting in his living room after he retired one year too early.

Manning's robotic personality and whining at the draft turned me off to him, but since Phillip Rivers has emerged as a total douche and since I hate the New York media, I've started to root for the kid. I'd love to be able to think of Eli's ring whenever I see Rivers.

as an avid River's hater, the giants winning the superbowl will be the greatest thing to happen to me this year. It's sucks our team is so bad, that I have to root against others just to feel better, but that's the way it is.

Manning taking a subpar, nfc team to the big game and beating the team that rivers crumbled against with a MUCH better team, would be sweet justice. I actually love farve and the pack, but found myself rooting for the giants yesterday solely on the possibility that this would happen.

plus, I hate the pastericks and would love to see the "Greatest team of all time" not even win the superbowl. 18-1 would be considered a failure and that would be worth it too.

however, if the pats kill the giants it will be the worst superbowl ever.

this will be the most passionate I have been for a broncoless superbowl ever.

go giants!

rbackfactory80
01-21-2008, 11:48 AM
Maybe.

This was about the most boring outcome I could have predicted, personally. I just don't like or hate either of these teams enough to care. I'll watch and enjoy, of course. But I'll have a tough time finding a rooting stance.

Maybe but you out of all people on this board should be impressed with how the Giants D came to play when it mattered. Romo had multiple chances to win at the end of the Dallas game, and Favre couldn't move them up the field when it mattered. Those are two pretty good quarterbacks. I would not be surprised to see Brady have some problems also.

azbroncfan
01-21-2008, 11:49 AM

If you are so sure it will be a blow out you should give the 14 pts and make a wager on the Pats. You will have team to root for.

TailgateNut
01-21-2008, 11:55 AM
If you are so sure it will be a blow out you should give the 14 pts and make a wager on the Pats. You will have team to root for.

I'll take the Gints and 14. Go Gints!

broncsyanks
01-21-2008, 12:29 PM
i could care less who will win. although i will probably cheer on the giants to go against boston. lol. but i will say this, i thank god i do not have to hear the life story again of brett favre.

vancejohnson82
01-21-2008, 12:44 PM
if Hixon runs back a kick to paydirt I might vomit

rovolution
01-21-2008, 01:39 PM

thats unfair .

The Giants have been playing gutsy, in the trenches football and this is a classic David vs Goliath SB.

The week 17 game these two teams played was an exciting one, and im expecting the same from the SB.

rovolution
01-21-2008, 01:42 PM
i could care less who will win. although i will probably cheer on the giants to go against boston. lol. but i will say this, i thank god i do not have to hear the life story again of brett favre.

this is the most important thing.

No showing Deanne in the freaking booth every 5 seconds, no poems dedicated to Brett.

Thank the lord.

bronco militia
01-21-2008, 01:42 PM
IMO the titans/rams is the most overated super bowl of all time...........

bad ones : broncos/redskins, broncos 49ers is the worst ever, ravens/giants, colts/bears, cowboys/bills

theAPAOps5
01-21-2008, 01:43 PM
Being an East Coast show down the viewership will be way up. Thus the commercials will be better. What can I say I am stretching. The SB is on my birthday so I will be making the most of it.

-Slap-
01-21-2008, 01:44 PM
36 days, nine hours, 32 minutes until spring training.

I'll spend the morning of Super Bowl Sunday with my dog and the rest of the day with people who care nothing about sports.

Dead Head
01-21-2008, 01:46 PM
I would love for the Giants to win. How sad is it that the best team in a long time gets dinged for cheating? This is like a strike shortened season: A big asterisk.

TailgateNut
01-21-2008, 01:48 PM
Worst ever for me was the Wash/Denver game in 88. I was stuck in Deadskin Country and was the only Bronco fan at the local watering hole. My X was a Deadskin fan and I almost got my ass kicked by a bunch of RedNecks who didn't like my attitude. ...and to top it off we lost!

OBF1
01-21-2008, 01:49 PM
Kaylore, Stop with the drama. I get the hate of the fans aspect, but the game itself should be great. The last time they played it was sick, should be even better for all the marbles.

Dead Head
01-21-2008, 01:50 PM
I almost got my ass kicked by a bunch of RedNecks who didn't like my attitude.

Imagine that.

telluride
01-21-2008, 01:56 PM
I suspect it'll be an epic beatdown. Hope Hixon gets at least one score in for the G'ints, tho.

PatsWin2002
01-21-2008, 02:06 PM
I suspect it'll be an epic beatdown.

I'm not so sure. We haven't been killing anyone since the weather got colder.

In AZ it will be interesting to see if the Sept./Oct. high-flying Pats show up - it can't hurt to have it warm and sunny with Moss and Welker running sharp routes with Brady delivering laser-guided missles to them.

Cito Pelon
01-21-2008, 02:51 PM

I'll be watching, because it will be nice to see the cheaters lose.

Bronco Yoda
01-21-2008, 02:55 PM

NO SOUP FOR YOU!

The Bucks bent Al Doofus over pulled down his sweat pants and spanked him with a 2x4 with rusty old nails sticking out everywhere! Then left him cowering in the corner...naked, beat'n and ruined!

To this very day they've never recovered!!!!

Third best Super Bowl ever behind SB 32 & 33.... ;D ;D ;D ;D

gunns
01-21-2008, 03:26 PM

Yes it was! Never laughed so much in my life.

Thank you to the person that finally stated the Titan's-Ram's game was a snoozer till the 4th. It definitely was. I get so tired of seeing it as one of the most entertaining. The most entertaining had to be Super Bowl XXXll. Back and forth the whole game. Of course I'm biased too. ;D

fdf
01-21-2008, 03:41 PM
Technical question. For your title, should there be a period between "Super" and "Bowl?"

Connecticut Bronco Fan
01-21-2008, 03:44 PM

Try living in Connecticut. I'm right smack dab in the middle of bandwagon central. I just want to hibernate for 2 weeks until this is over. =/

theAPAOps5
01-21-2008, 03:45 PM
Technical question. For your title, should there be a period between "Super" and "Bowl?"

I just wasted time typing a whole explanation for something you already new!

worm
01-21-2008, 03:46 PM

bad ones : broncos/redskins, broncos 49ers is the worst ever, ravens/giants, colts/bears, cowboys/bills

Titans \ Rams was horrible. Made even worse because of the last play excitement. People think that due to the ending...the rest of the game was equally good. Couldn't be farther from the truth.

Bronco Bob
01-21-2008, 03:53 PM
It was good to see the Raiders get killed, but it was not entertaining other than that.

To an impartial observer maybe. But to a Broncos fan that was the entertainment, watching the Raiders get killed by the Bucs.
I myself was highly entertained by that game.

Inkana7
01-21-2008, 03:55 PM
Is it just me, or do the Giants remind you of the 97 Broncos? Just a little?

broncolife
01-21-2008, 03:56 PM
I think Eli Manning vs Peyton Manning would be the Medias dream game.

Inkana7
01-21-2008, 03:57 PM
On the topic of greatest Super Bowls of all time, in my opinion, right behind 32 and 33, is The Pats and Panthers. Outcome wasn't what I wanted it to be, but damn! What a game.

Bronco Bob
01-21-2008, 03:59 PM

Unless you are a Bears fan, the Bears/Patriots was also pretty pathetic.

HEAV
01-21-2008, 04:01 PM
Kaylor is just going through one of his Manic states.

This Super will be the most watch in the history of football and it's ratiings will dwarf anything seen in years.

A undefeated team, trying to claim it's place in history as the greatest team ever. Playing against a team that noone thought would make the playoff's and their lame duck coach who was expected to be fired in 2008, not coaching in the Super Bowl.

The Miami fans will be on the Giants side.

Some (like myself) will want to see the Pats go perfect and end the Dolphins yearly celebration of being the "Only" team to win them all.

This game will be about history. Either the Pats claim that they are the best team ever. Or the Giants will stun us all and be known of the legend killers.

I'll be watching this game to see history. Either way it goes , one team is going to be remembered after this game.

Bronco Bob
01-21-2008, 04:04 PM
Remember, it was the Giants who ended the Broncos bid to have a perfect season.

rovolution
01-21-2008, 04:05 PM
On the topic of greatest Super Bowls of all time, in my opinion, right behind 32 and 33, is The Pats and Panthers. Outcome wasn't what I wanted it to be, but damn! What a game.

i could see how 33 could be considered a snooze fest for those who arent Bronco fans.

Again, thats what i love about football fans sans the bandwagon Charger fans.

They consider their teams to be religion, and thats what makes the NFL so great, the passion of the fans.

WolfpackGuy
01-21-2008, 04:07 PM
I think the wardrobe malfunction was the star of the Pats/Panthers game. John Kasay should've been shot for kicking off out of bounds at the end. Putz.

Maverick7
01-21-2008, 04:09 PM
I think it is a very interesting Super Bowl Matchup. When you look at the Super Bowl and your favorite team isn't in it, you have to find something about the game that is appealing. Personally, I think this is one of the better matchups possible (Packers/Pats would have been my choice). You have the Pats going for 19-0, The Giants playing the ultimate underdog role, Both teams played one of the best games all season already this year, and both teams have stars (Brady, Moss, Eli, Plaxico, Strahan, Umeriyora, Seau, Bruschi, etc...). I think Chargers-Giants or Chargers-Packers would have been pretty bad matchups. At least we didn't get Seattle-Jacksonville or something like that.

Archer81
01-21-2008, 04:20 PM
49ers Chargers, Ravens-Giants, Seattle-Pitt...all relatively boring.

:Broncos:

Smelvin
01-21-2008, 04:23 PM
The Giants possess all the tools needed to defeat the Pats. I'm not going to say they'll do it...but to have a chance you (1) must pressure Brady, (2) keep their offense off the field with an effective running game, and (3) have no fear.

The Giants have all of those. They have the best pass rush in the NFL, a bruising back who is running over everyone, and just won in some of the most difficult conditions ever.

Should be a pretty entertaining game.

RhymesayersDU
01-21-2008, 04:26 PM
Some (like myself) will want to see the Pats go perfect and end the Dolphins yearly celebration of being the "Only" team to win them all.

^

Go Pats.

Bronx33
01-21-2008, 04:28 PM
The Giants possess all the tools needed to defeat the Pats. I'm not going to say they'll do it...but to have a chance you (1) must pressure Brady, (2) keep their offense off the field with an effective running game, and (3) have no fear.

The Giants have all of those. They have the best pass rush in the NFL, a bruising back who is running over everyone, and just won in some of the most difficult conditions ever.

Should be a pretty entertaining game.

I pretty much agree with all your points i would also add that tommy terrific is not playing that well a poorly thrown ball/INT could be a huge factor. But you're right the gmen need to keep the pats O off the field and off the scoreboard as much as possible, and capitalize on all their possessions.

ZachKC
01-21-2008, 04:33 PM
East coast annoyences aside I think this is going to be a great Superbowl and I am looking forward to it more so than most in recent years. The Giants played well against NE the first time around and they could make something happen. Even so, I am rooting for the Pats, they just do things the right way. Total respect.

Hopefully it will be a good game.

Inkana7
01-21-2008, 04:37 PM
That third point is the most important. They have no fear. They show no fear. I dont know what it is, but this Giants team is really something to watch. I wish the Broncos had their attitude.

Bronco Yoda
01-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Remember, it was the Giants who ended the Broncos bid to have a perfect season.

...now I could have gone this whole thread without being reminded of that thank you.

OrangeShadow
01-21-2008, 04:59 PM
so whens basball season?

Bronco Jamus
01-21-2008, 05:03 PM
The Patriots don't have perfect season going. They were fined for cheating on the field. They didn't really win their first game.

broncsyanks
01-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Try living in Connecticut. I'm right smack dab in the middle of bandwagon central. I just want to hibernate for 2 weeks until this is over. =/

yeah you are not alone there connect. LOL.

but like i said earlier-- at least we do not have to listen to the brett favre story for a 1000 time!!

Cito Pelon
01-21-2008, 07:49 PM
so whens basball season?

What's "basball"? Is that some kind of bastard thing that people play in the Massachusetts region?

Inkana7
01-21-2008, 08:47 PM
What's "basball"? Is that some kind of bastard thing that people play in the Massachusetts region?

Yes.

Kaylore
01-21-2008, 08:54 PM
Kaylor is just going through one of his Manic states.

LOL Yeah that's it. This is a "state". I've been in this "state" hating on the Pats since October. You got a problem with me then just say so, HEAV. Just because myself and others don't take you seriously doesn't mean you need to get all pissy.

And the Patriots will be up by double digits at which point no one will keep watching. Let's see where those ratings are at that point.

orinjkrush
01-21-2008, 10:38 PM
i'd like to see the Giants come in wearing Yankee pin stripes and the NE team wearin Red Socks uni's. That would be a hoot.

rovolution
01-21-2008, 11:54 PM
LOL Yeah that's it. This is a "state". I've been in this "state" hating on the Pats since October. You got a problem with me then just say so, HEAV. Just because myself and others don't take you seriously doesn't mean you need to get all pissy.

And the Patriots will be up by double digits at which point no one will keep watching. Let's see where those ratings are at that point.

Kaylore, usually I respect your opinions/posts but did you even watch the Week 17 game btw these teams?

Both teams gave it all they had and it was an extremely close game.

They are much more evenly matched than you think.

broncocalijohn
01-22-2008, 12:11 AM
worst ever and the game hasnt been played yet. I will hold judgement and hope for the AFC as I can not root for NYers unless it is against the Raiders. If you dont watch, you dont get Tom Petty and his oh so new songs he has been turning out on Top 40 radio these last 5 years. One hit after another. You will also miss those commercials in between the announcers telling us how great the Pats are and Eli is no longer in Peyton's shadow. Dont be a douche Kaylore! This game is what dreams are made of so enjoy it damn it.

HEAV
01-22-2008, 10:10 AM

My issue with you is this thread. You always go into these manic post/threads.

During the season you’re up and down on the Broncos. You’re a manic poster, one post the Broncos can't win, then the next you had them winning out.

In the McFarlane thread you spew you crap again, and it's clear you only looked at photos and don't own the product.

Your a manic poster. You get a bug up your ass and post your ramblings.

Then in this crazy thread you started (which may be just your way of attracting attention to you) you start railing on a game two weeks away.

A game that no one knows what could happen. The Patriots haven't look that dominate the last month and the Giants have been the dog every week the last 3...

Come on dude, this super bowl is better than last years crap game.

As for being taken seriously... I could care less what you or anyone thinks of me. Especially on here, where there’s a circle-jerk group of individuals (you included) that post just to get off on each other.

You’re the one that takes yourself a little too seriously on here.

Paladin
01-22-2008, 10:59 AM
Food Fight!!!!!!!!!!

Kaylore
01-22-2008, 12:33 PM

During the season you’re up and down on the Broncos. You’re a manic poster, one post the Broncos can't win, then the next you had them winning out.

In the McFarlane thread you spew you crap again, and it's clear you only looked at photos and don't own the product.

Then in this crazy thread you started (which may be just your way of attracting attention to you) you start railing on a game two weeks away.

A game that no one knows what could happen. The Patriots haven't look that dominate the last month and the Giants have been the dog every week the last 3...

As for being taken seriously... I could care less what you or anyone thinks of me. Especially on here, where there’s a circle-jerk group of individuals (you included) that post just to get off on each other.

Hilarious! The only one having a conniption is you! You went all mad complaining about the thread. I've hated the Pats all year and my disaffection to either New York team is well known around here.

And you've got me all wrong on what you think my predictions were. Show me one post where I said we were going to win out and then latter said that our team sucks. I was one of the very few that said every week I felt we would go 9-7. I didn't deviate once from that prediction. When we were up I said 9-7. When we were down I said 9-7. I haven't had a lot of faith in our defense all year. If you're going to make a blanket statement about being "manic" then back it up with some quotes. You basically described Popps who would rip on the team after every loss, or every other poster who would whine in blanket statements like "this team has no heart!" and "we totally suck!" The only thing I did all year was rip on those people for not having a little perspective and being spoiled.

But seriously I think I know what this is really about. I must have hit a nerve when I made fun or your stupid action figures. Sorry, dude. I have looked at them up close and they're stupid. I maintain that the faces rarely look like the actual player. You're right, though; I don't own a single one. But good luck with that. I'm sure you're really going to "cash in" on them one day. :~ohyah!:

Beej
01-22-2008, 12:55 PM
I'd like to see the Pats lose, 'cuz I can't stand all the media slobber over them, and 'cuz I want the Broncos to have the honor of being the first 19-0 team...someday.

But if the Pats are gonna win, oh please, win by more than 45 points so that the "worst SB loss ever" will be pinned on the Giants instead of the Broncos.

Northman
01-22-2008, 12:59 PM

No lie there. Last year was utterly boring. And seeing how these teams played the final regular season game i think its going to be a good game.

sonsofkraftybob
01-22-2008, 01:20 PM
I like the matchup.

The Pats keep the 7 year olds in New York from attending their 1st ever victory parade while my 6 year old nephew goes to his 6th parade.

Priceless

HEAV
01-22-2008, 01:21 PM
Hilarious! The only one having a conniption is you! You went all mad complaining about the thread. I've hated the Pats all year and my disaffection to either New York team is well known around here.

And you've got me all wrong on what you think my predictions were. Show me one post where I said we were going to win out and then latter said that our team sucks. I was one of the very few that said every week I felt we would go 9-7. I didn't deviate once from that prediction. When we were up I said 9-7. When we were down I said 9-7. I haven't had a lot of faith in our defense all year. If you're going to make a blanket statement about being "manic" then back it up with some quotes. You basically described Popps who would rip on the team after every loss, or every other poster who would whine in blanket statements like "this team has no heart!" and "we totally suck!" The only thing I did all year was rip on those people for not having a little perspective and being spoiled.

But seriously I think I know what this is really about. I must have hit a nerve when I made fun or your stupid action figures. Sorry, dude. I have looked at them up close and they're stupid. I maintain that the faces rarely look like the actual player. You're right, though; I don't own a single one. But good luck with that. I'm sure you're really going to "cash in" on them one day. :~ohyah!:

Kay,

You titled the thread “worst super ever! “ You whine about it being an East coast bowl, and say there is no "dog" for you to cheer for! Yet both teams can bee cheered for, myself and others listed the team a reasons to cheer for them.

Other's posted the same thing I did. Your claiming this as the worst Super Bowl ever (your words) is a lame take.

When others give reasons this has the chance to be a great game, you just continue to say it's already 14-0 Pats.

Seems I hit the nerve with you calling you out for your manic posting. (Which more than a few people agree with me). But you have all season been up and down on issues with the team.

Then when some called you out about your evaluation of the team from camp. You threw a hissy fit!

SoCal took the same abuse, yet kept his cool about the comments. Your always are on that edge of drama queen. One week the O-line is the best ever the next it’s nothing without a blocking tight end.

-------------
As far as the McFarlane’s, you have shown you have no (zero) clue of the topic/product. You just posted to be the guy that goes against the grain (basically drawing the attention to you, which seems to be 75% of your posting).

Maybe if we had been talking star trek you would have had better things to say.
----------------

You started a thread and knew people would call you crazy for claiming it to be the worst game ever. Yet you get all heated.

Desperate attempted at attention or blind hatred at two east coast teams?

Saying you "Probably" won't watch the game is attention whore clamoring for someone to post in the thread.

The fact is this Super Bowl will be the best ever. Why? Because we will see one of two possibilities, we will see the greatest season in NFL history completed, or we will see one hell of an upset. Either way this will be great for the NFL and any fan of the game.

Maybe put away you blind hatred and just enjoy the game.

HEAV
01-22-2008, 01:23 PM
No lie there. Last year was utterly boring. And seeing how these teams played the final regular season game i think its going to be a good game.

Don't say that to Kay.

He'll be at home watching "The Wrath of Kahn" on a loop all day Super Bowl Sunday...:yayaya:

oubronco
01-22-2008, 01:28 PM

DUDE it's his thread and he'll vent if he want's to i personally can't stand either one but i seriously would love to see Brady get knocked the ***kkk out !!!

Darkdoc
01-22-2008, 04:02 PM
You may not care about the Pats, but you'll always remember watching a team go 19-0 - it's watching history, which hardly ever happens. I'm no big Pats fan at all, but I'm glad to have seen it (assuming now they actually pull it off).

oubronco
01-22-2008, 04:07 PM
You may not care about the Pats, but you'll always remember watching a team go 19-0 - it's watching history, which hardly ever happens. I'm no big Pats fan at all, but I'm glad to have seen it (assuming now they actually pull it off).

and the only reason anyone remembers the dolphins perfect season is they throw it down our throats every year

Bronx33
01-22-2008, 04:22 PM
and the only reason anyone remembers the dolphins perfect season is they throw it down our throats every year

And now we have to hear from pats fan/players for 30 more years, atleast all the fins players were dying off now it's been renewed by a bunch of fans/player that smell like clam chowda and samual adams with a hint of stick chick gesele.

Beer soaked pats fans will be running in droves to the tattoo parlors yelling (hey yous ****bawxes) iam getting 19-0 put on my a*******!!! Ohhhhhh YA! yous got nutin on me! iam getting it put on my headstone!!! PATRIOTS!!!

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/5867/tommyqp6.jpg

Inkana7
01-22-2008, 04:32 PM
Blind loyalty to your team isn't that bad.

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/56561440.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939847EC77F5F8D1CE297F0751867682FE A40A659CEC4C8CB6

They were out there like that in the third coldest game in NFL playoff history.

Northman
01-22-2008, 04:34 PM
Blind loyalty to your team isn't that bad.

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/56561440.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939847EC77F5F8D1CE297F0751867682FE A40A659CEC4C8CB6

They were out there like that in the third coldest game in NFL playoff history.

Yea, they had some other girls that were caught during the game the same way. And they were FIIIIIIIIIIIIINE. :thumbsup:

oubronco
01-22-2008, 04:39 PM
And now we have to hear from pats fan/players for 30 more years, atleast all the fins players were dying off now it's been renewed by a bunch of fans/player that smell like clam chowda and samual adams with a hint of stick chick gesele.

Beer soaked pats fans will be running in droves to the tattoo parlors yelling (hey yous ****bawxes) iam getting 19-0 put on my a*******!!! Ohhhhhh YA! yous got nutin on me! iam getting it put on my headstone!!! PATRIOTS!!!

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/5867/tommyqp6.jpg

YOOOO DUDE

Peoples Champ
01-22-2008, 05:11 PM
I will be going for NY and good comercials.

Im with you there, the commercials will be the only thing to keep me watching.

Kaylore
01-22-2008, 06:13 PM
Kay,

You titled the thread “worst super ever! “ You whine about it being an East coast bowl, and say there is no "dog" for you to cheer for! Yet both teams can bee cheered for, myself and others listed the team a reasons to cheer for them.

Other's posted the same thing I did. Your claiming this as the worst Super Bowl ever (your words) is a lame take.
:spit: Woah! How long have you been building up this anger towards me, HEAV? Hey, people can disagree with me all they want. I hate the Giants and I hate the Patriots and I hate both of their fan bases. I hate how the media humps them 24/7 and I hate having to hear about them all year. I think anyone that's known me since I came around in '04 knows I've felt that way the whole time. If you didn't think it was bad before, it's about to get much worse. All offseason all you will hear about is these two teams and the Stupid Patriots are going to rub this season in everyone's face for thirty or fourty years.

When others give reasons this has the chance to be a great game, you just continue to say it's already 14-0 Pats.
So? That hardly makes me unique. Why do you need me to pretend that the Giants have a chance in this game? Why do you care so much what I do and think?
Seems I hit the nerve with you calling you out for your manic posting. (Which more than a few people agree with me). But you have all season been up and down on issues with the team.

No I haven't, and again the fact you can't quote me or point to a single thread shows how full of it you are. I was one of the ones who was upset with posters who were up and down on the team this year. And these "others" are probably those very posters who are mad I disagreed with them.

Then when some called you out about your evaluation of the team from camp. You threw a hissy fit!
No, I didn't! HEAV why don't you just come clean and admit you're jealous? It's pretty obvious. I mean you have a lot of resentment going on here and it's clear you've been fuming about it for some time.

SoCal took the same abuse, yet kept his cool about the comments. Your always are on that edge of drama queen.
LOL Whatever. I like how you're trying to appeal to SoCal so you don't piss off too many of the posters around here. The only time I got upset was when Alec accused me of lying. I took offense because it suggests I was deliberately fabricating what I saw. Every other time someone has complained about my camp reports I have said the same thing: If you don't like the reports, then don't read them. And that's the truth. More and more people are coming to camp and doing their own and I strongly encourage that. The more people the better. In fact I'm going to dig up those threads. To date I think Alec, Baja and TheReverend have said they don't like my reports. We can go back and look at each of those exchanges and you can re-read my supposed hissy fit and SoCal just playing Joe Cool. ::)
One week the O-line is the best ever the next it’s nothing without a blocking tight end.
I never said that and you know it. I never once said that our offensive line was the best ever. I think after the Chiefs game I said we did well because our offensive line played well and that's true. I did say that once Graham was hurt for the season the blocking on the edges went to pot and that's also true.

-------------
As far as the McFarlane’s, you have shown you have no (zero) clue of the topic/product. You just posted to be the guy that goes against the grain (basically drawing the attention to you, which seems to be 75% of your posting).
You sound like a jealous girl, HEAV. I post to share my opinion. I understand very well how a figurine would impress someone like my five year old nephew or yourself. I also understand that when I look at their faces they rarely resemble the actual players. That's my opinion, just like my opinion on this Super Bowl.

Maybe if we had been talking star trek you would have had better things to say.
----------------
Ouch! Such a sharp repartee you have! :mullet1:

You started a thread and knew people would call you crazy for claiming it to be the worst game ever. Yet you get all heated.

:rofl: What? I didn't know what people were going to do! I started it because it was how I felt and wanted to see what others thought. I responded to your repeated posts about me being manic, but I honestly find your little obsession with my opinion and behavior on this board flattering.
Desperate attempted at attention or blind hatred at two east coast teams?
It's definitely the latter, though it isn't blind. I have a laundry list of reasons I hate both teams and have thought them out completely.

Saying you "Probably" won't watch the game is attention whore clamoring for someone to post in the thread.
How is that attention whoring? (By the way, whose attention am I trying to get?) My buddies related the same sentiment to me. And why would I "need" someone to post in this thread? If no one cares then the thread would've died. That this thread is four pages suggests I'm not the only one who has an opinion of this

The fact is this Super Bowl will be the best ever. Why? Because we will see one of two possibilities, we will see the greatest season in NFL history completed, or we will see one hell of an upset. Either way this will be great for the NFL and any fan of the game.
That's your opinion. Oops, I mean your attention whoring, right?

Maybe put away you blind hatred and just enjoy the game.
No, I think I'll go do something else, but thanks.

HEAV I suspect you've been fuming about me for some time. It seems similar to your hatred (also jealousy) of Andrew Mason. It would appear you find other people that do things you like and then resent them for doing them. I like hearing from others and reading a variety of opinions. I won't deny that I'm one of the more recognizable posters around here, but contrary to what you think, that's made this place more uncomfortable for me and is not something I enjoy as you suggest. One of the reasons is the increased resentment I get from people who think I have any say in what goes on around here or command some kind of posse. I can add your weird fixation with me as another. If I wanted to post just to get people to look at me I could do a much better job, believe me.

Kaylore
01-22-2008, 06:16 PM

Nope, sorry. I'll remember them as cheaters and cheap shot artists who played one of the softest schedules this year and ran into injured teams in the playoffs.

~Crash~
01-22-2008, 06:29 PM

that is me I hate both teams ! I will ot even watch NFL channle as of late piss on the I love the patsies BS I hate Moss and I dont like anyone on any of the teams .

Kaylore
01-22-2008, 06:49 PM
that is me I hate both teams ! I will ot even watch NFL channle as of late piss on the I love the patsies BS I hate Moss and I dont like anyone on any of the teams .

I guess that makes you an attention whore too.:~ohyah!:

Bronco X
01-22-2008, 06:52 PM
Don't say that to Kay.

He'll be at home watching "The Wrath of Kahn" on a loop all day Super Bowl Sunday...:yayaya:

http://www.khaaan.com/

HEAV
01-22-2008, 09:06 PM
I guess that makes you an attention whore too.:~ohyah!:

Well first I'm not jealous of you and or Andrew Mason. In fact it's scary that you put yourself in the same league with Mason!

I busted on Mason, having a Lisp, when he did his Bronco reports.

As far as the camp reports yourself and the others that went did a great service to this site. It's you came back from camp with a small ego. Where the others didn't.

Has far as trying to appeal to SoCal so you I don't piss off too many of the posters around here..

Dude, if there's one thing about me, that you, and the other posters should know by now is I don't give a **** whom I piss off. Even more so in this cyber world of text. I've pissed off the owner of the board and didn't give a ****.

As far as SoCal, I respect the dude. He has never, not one second let anything change him on here, not being a mod or going to camps. He has never taken cheap shots at other posters (at least not that I have seen) and he doesn't trash peoples thread, or make trash treads trying to be the straw that stirs the drink.

Your self proclaiming, of my jealousy for you, is really narcissistic.
I mean damn dude... you final statements scream it!

I won't deny that I'm one of the more recognizable posters around here, but contrary to what you think, that's made this place more uncomfortable for me and is not something I enjoy as you suggest. One of the reasons is the increased resentment I get from people who think I have any say in what goes on around here or command some kind of posse. I can add your weird fixation with me as another. If I wanted to post just to get people to look at me I could do a much better job, believe me.

Maybe that resentment you feel is actually a reflection on you. Like in this thread you come off egotistical. Is it people are jealous of you, or is it your need for them to be jealous of you.

You would think if I was jealous of you, then I would be jealous of SoCal, Wabbit and others that have access to the Broncos. But I get along with those individuals... hmmmm funny... I never had any arguments with them.

I can have conversations with them and I'm actual grateful when they give me any info.

Must be the way they carry themselves on here.

So after your manic rambling... are you going to watch the game or not?

I don't care what team you follow, Broncos,Faiders,Lions, people are going to watch the Super Bowl.

They will watch this one with even more attention just for the Pats trying to reach a point in history.

Kaylore
01-22-2008, 09:14 PM
Hey HEAV how about this. If I bother you so much and you really don't care what I have to say then put me on ignore. I use the ignore feature quite a bit as quick fix for dealing with people who get on my nerves. Sounds like you could do the same thing. I'm not going to change who I am or how I behave around here. I still think you've got some kind of issue with me and you're not being honest about it or else you wouldn't feel a need to come after me like you are. If you really didn't care so much then you wouldn't be upset and I think it's clear to everyone in this thread that you're pretty bent out of shape over me. Anyway this is the list time I'm going to address on it so you'll just have to figure out a way to deal with.

And no, I'm probably not going to watch the game and I still think it will suck and be over by halftime. I will say that if I had to root for someone it would be the Giants because I don't want to hear about it from Patriots fans for the rest of my adult life.

And you still haven't shown how I'm manic. :welcome:

ro_50
01-22-2008, 09:50 PM
The worst Super Bowl to me was the Ravens and Giants.

Trust me, living in the East Coast, I'm tired of hearing about the Pats and Giants.

The Giants came out of an average conference and this team doesn't stick up to other teams that have made it to the Super Bowl.

broncos loveI
01-22-2008, 09:56 PM
Hey , Kaylore you think you could go to Arizona and get a report for the Super Bowl on media day. Just joking man. I cannot wait, till next training camp next year. Go Broncos baby

snowtrx
01-23-2008, 12:57 AM
Crown their arses. The Giants are toast.

Its not just the cover, Dr. Z is picking the Giants to win. Yikes!

TheReverend
01-23-2008, 07:16 AM
LOL Whatever. I like how you're trying to appeal to SoCal so you don't piss off too many of the posters around here. The only time I got upset was when Alec accused me of lying. I took offense because it suggests I was deliberately fabricating what I saw. Every other time someone has complained about my camp reports I have said the same thing: If you don't like the reports, then don't read them. And that's the truth. More and more people are coming to camp and doing their own and I strongly encourage that. The more people the better. In fact I'm going to dig up those threads. To date I think Alec, Baja and TheReverend have said they don't like my reports. We can go back and look at each of those exchanges and you can re-read my supposed hissy fit and SoCal just playing Joe Cool. ::)

Alright, let's just slowwwwwwwwww down for a sec. I've criticized elements of your reports, and I can see how that would come off as me not liking them. But in reality, I like the reports, I just think everyone needs to take the evaluation with a grain of salt... I'd feel the same way about my own if I were doing them.

Keep doing the reports. They're a massive contribution to the site Taco has going here. And try not to mistake me not liking you for not liking the reports.

crazyhorse
01-23-2008, 08:14 AM
It's you came back from camp with a small ego. Where the others didn't.

Your self proclaiming, of my jealousy for you, is really narcissistic.
I mean damn dude... you final statements scream it!

I won't deny that I'm one of the more recognizable posters around here, but contrary to what you think, that's made this place more uncomfortable for me and is not something I enjoy as you suggest. One of the reasons is the increased resentment I get from people who think I have any say in what goes on around here or command some kind of posse. I can add your weird fixation with me as another. If I wanted to post just to get people to look at me I could do a much better job, believe me.

Maybe that resentment you feel is actually a reflection on you. Like in this thread you come off egotistical. Is it people are jealous of you, or is it your need for them to be jealous of you.

You would think if I was jealous of you, then I would be jealous of SoCal, Wabbit and others that have access to the Broncos. But I get along with those individuals... hmmmm funny... I never had any arguments with them.

I can have conversations with them and I'm actual grateful when they give me any info.

Must be the way they carry themselves on here.

Kay definately puts himself above the other posters here. You're right in that it began when the camp reports started. It's easy to see that he struggles with making friends by the way he carries himself. He's not used to being liked. So when he became well liked due to his reports, in his mind he became famous. He hsan't handled the "fame" well.

The reason the others dont act like that, is because they dont have the same social short comings that Kay does.

He's reminds me of Gochiefs/bobs your info minister. On chiefsplanet he gains confidence from the posters by puting together highlight videos of the games and players. Everyone loves them so he draws favor from them. But when the vids are gone he is left to maintain his reputation on his own merit and social skill, he falls back to being an idiot who has little to offer.

Kay is like the Gary Coleman of Orangemane. After his famous "what you talkin bout Willis" he's just a clown with no credibility.

Many of the posters here are tired of his elitest crap.

Inkana7
01-23-2008, 09:37 AM
Strong words from a guy who's arrogant, holier-than-thou ramblings are wearing thin around here, too.

crazyhorse
01-23-2008, 09:47 AM
Strong words from a guy who's arrogant, holier-than-thou ramblings are wearing thin around here, too.

So you agree.

Besides, I'm a rival fan. There's a difference. Surely even you can see that.

Inkana7
01-23-2008, 09:49 AM
So you agree.

Actually, not at all. I like Kaylore. Just pointin' out some irony.

crazyhorse
01-23-2008, 09:51 AM
Actually, not at all. I like Kaylore. Just pointin' out some irony.

Back peddling?

Nice.

Inkana7
01-23-2008, 09:54 AM
Back peddling?

Nice.

You know, you're right. I despise Kaylore. His posts boil my blood and make me strike women and small children. I can't stand the mention of his name.

Back Peddling? Please.

TheReverend
01-23-2008, 10:04 AM
So you agree.

Eh, I agree with your prior statement, but rival fan or not, you irritate the living **** out of me.

PatsRule
01-23-2008, 12:00 PM
Nope, sorry. I'll remember them as cheaters and cheap shot artists who played one of the softest schedules this year and ran into injured teams in the playoffs.

They beat 7 playoff teams and knocked off the Colts and Cowboys in their house and are 18-0.If the Broncos did that they you would be proclaiming the greatest team ever..

Beantown Bronco
01-23-2008, 12:10 PM
They beat 7 playoff teams and knocked off the Colts and Cowboys in their house and are 18-0.If the Broncos did that they you would be proclaiming the greatest team ever..

Cause the Broncos would be. :)

Gotta love having 6 games against the worst divisional opponents in the NFL....with a whopping record of 12-36. Yikes.

HEAV
01-23-2008, 12:24 PM
Cause the Broncos would be. :)

Gotta love having 6 games against the worst divisional opponents in the NFL....with a whopping record of 12-36. Yikes.

The Patriots aren't Ohio State, scheduling games with weak teams to inflate their win/lose records.

The league schedule is made by the league. Can't blame them for playing lesser talented teams.

The Ravens played the Pats well and should have won the game. But then the Ravens lost to the Phins.

The Patriots faced their opponents and beat them. They could have lost a few games by over looking lesser teams, but they didn't.

If the Broncos would have taken a few more teams serious they could have been in the playoffs.

Old Dude
01-23-2008, 01:04 PM
What can I say? It's an east coast wet dream. Boston & NY/NJ. Bad enough that they dominate baseball. Now it's the super bowl.

No matter who wins or how, it will be ordained as the the most meaningful NFL game in history - especially with the Pats' perfect record on the line.

And it's even got a Manning in it.

Oh gag me.

Gag me with a spoon.

Not to sound bitter or anything, but is there some telecast where they will blank out everything except the loser's locker room? Because that part, at least, might be entertaining.

theAPAOps5
01-23-2008, 01:07 PM
I've met Kaylor in person along with SoCal and Big Guy. We went to lunch after camp last year. I don't think Kaylor nor SoCal have inflated egos what so ever. I also don't think Kaylor is holier than thou in posts. Sometimes right after a game he starts a thread that can be deemed negative but its more reactionary to what just happened.

I also love Crazyhead who only posts to get rises out of people and like puppets we fall right in line. Ignore his posts or have fun with them but don't take him serious.

sonsofkraftybob
01-23-2008, 01:12 PM

What will be your explanation next year when they run the table again? More schedule and injury excuses? Or something new and improved?

How about if they go 57-0? Would you give props then?

TheReverend
01-23-2008, 01:21 PM
What will be your explanation next year when they run the table again? More schedule and injury excuses? Or something new and improved?

How about if they go 57-0? Would you give props then?

I might give props when the commissioner comes out and makes the tapes that he destroyed publicly available so I could decide with my own mind

Old Dude
01-23-2008, 01:36 PM
I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere else in this thread, but the fact is that the '72 Dolphins didn't face the most intimidating schedule either ...

In their 14 game regular schedule, the Fins went against only two teams with a winning record (and that was just barely): the Chiefs and the Giants, who both finished 8-6.

Among the patsies on their schedule, the Dolphins had the luxury of playing the 1-13 Oilers and the 3-11 Patriots (twice). They also played San Diego, St. Louis and Buffalo (twice) none of whom managed more than 4 wins that season. The remainder of the schedule featured the 5-9 Colts (twice), the 7-7 Vikes and the 7-7 Jets (twice).

They didn't blow anyone out in the playoffs. They beat the Browns by 6 and the Steelers by 4.

There was a reason that the Fins, despite their undefeated record, were underdogs in the Super Bowl.

I can't really say the Pats have had an easier time of it up to this point.

TailgateNut
01-23-2008, 03:14 PM
I'd like to report an "Old Dude" sighting. Who do I call?

Peoples Champ
01-23-2008, 04:05 PM

Im kinda on the same page as you on this. I am not a patriots fan but its kinda fun being a part of history, even if it is tainted. I am not a big fan of Barry Bonds, and did not want him to break the record because of controversy, and I love Hank Aaron. But it was nice to be a part of history of seeing 755 go down, even if it was tainted

snowtrx
01-24-2008, 02:00 AM

True, but what about the other ten regular season teams?

NFC Champions, on the road
NFC East Champ, on the road
AFC South Champ, defending SB Champ, undefeated at time, on the road
AFC West Champ, best record in league previous year
AFC North Champ, 05 SB Champ
NFC Wild Card
AFC North & Wild Card tiebreaker loser
Last years AFC North Champ, #2 seed, on the road, 5-11
Last years NFC East champ, 8-8
Bengals 7-9, on the road

If the Packers would've gotten the job done, the Pats would've played every single contender for 2007. EVERY CONTENDER! Schedule wise, what more do you want ???

Hogan11
01-24-2008, 07:17 AM
Beershots people...Tom Brady beershot mania!

Broncomutt
01-24-2008, 11:05 AM
The Giants will have the dubious honor of being the first team to play in a super bowl and not score a touchdown.

Phantom
01-24-2008, 11:18 AM
Go GIANTS

Northman
01-24-2008, 11:31 AM
The Giants will have the dubious honor of being the first team to play in a super bowl and not score a touchdown.

Wow, thats a ballsy call but i like it.

Inkana7
01-24-2008, 11:36 AM

The Dolphins already achieved this feat against the Redskins.

Broncomutt
01-24-2008, 12:10 PM
The Dolphins already achieved this feat against the Redskins.

Ooops, you are right....except it was Cowboys.

loborugger
01-24-2008, 12:43 PM
True, but what about the other ten regular season teams?

NFC Champions, on the road
NFC East Champ, on the road
AFC South Champ, defending SB Champ, undefeated at time, on the road
AFC West Champ, best record in league previous year
AFC North Champ, 05 SB Champ
NFC Wild Card
AFC North & Wild Card tiebreaker loser
Last years AFC North Champ, #2 seed, on the road, 5-11
Last years NFC East champ, 8-8
Bengals 7-9, on the road

If the Packers would've gotten the job done, the Pats would've played every single contender for 2007. EVERY CONTENDER! Schedule wise, what more do you want ???

Great post. Thats it in a nutshell. Hate the Pats all you want, but they took care of business against a stout schedule. Its also not their fault that no one in their division is worth mentioning.

Beantown Bronco
01-24-2008, 12:53 PM
Great post. Thats it in a nutshell. Hate the Pats all you want, but they took care of business against a stout schedule. Its also not their fault that no one in their division is worth mentioning.

They had some "tough" competition for about 6 or 7 games in the regular season, but I wouldn't exactly call that a "stout" schedule.

6 creampuff divisional games.
4 more against the AFC North who in total combined for a .500 record.

To label someone a "divisional winner" this year, while accurate, more often than not meant "above average". This was hardly a year where all division winners were truly a class above the rest.

Obviously, I'll concede that they took care of business. There's no denying that. But as far as pure "strength of schedule" goes, this will hardly go down as one of the best.

TheReverend
01-24-2008, 01:06 PM
They had some "tough" competition for about 6 or 7 games in the regular season, but I wouldn't exactly call that a "stout" schedule.

6 creampuff divisional games.
4 more against the AFC North who in total combined for a .500 record.

To label someone a "divisional winner" this year, while accurate, more often than not meant "above average". This was hardly a year where all division winners were truly a class above the rest.

Obviously, I'll concede that they took care of business. There's no denying that. But as far as pure "strength of schedule" goes, this will hardly go down as one of the best.

They have beaten the best teams in the NFL this season...

Indy
Dallas
Pittsburgh
New York
Jacksonville
San Diego

...kinda hard to argue with that

So I blame it on cheating.

SpringStein
01-24-2008, 01:09 PM
I'll be in Russia and will miss the game.

And don't care.

PatsWin2002
01-24-2008, 01:18 PM
They have beaten the best teams in the NFL this season...

Indy
Dallas
Pittsburgh
New York
Jacksonville
San Diego

...kinda hard to argue with that

So I blame it on cheating.

That must be it.

400HZ
01-24-2008, 01:24 PM
Have you guys seen this?
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jJHb9m4ccmQ&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jJHb9m4ccmQ&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

oubronco
01-24-2008, 01:34 PM
Giants DE rips Pats Light for using dirty tactics

(http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1068680)One might say Osi Umenyiora has lit the match. The Giants defensive end officially has kicked off the Super Bowl war of words. Last night on HBO's "Inside the NFL," Umenyiora had some less than flattering words to say about Matt Light [stats], implying the Patriots [team stats] left tackle and Tom Brady [stats]'s chief bodyguard is a dirty player. His comments came one day after he boldly pronounced in a New York Post story, "We can beat that football team." Exhibiting confidence is one thing. Trashing an opposing player is another matter. Umenyiora called Light out for "doing a couple of things that you know he shouldn't have been" when the teams met in the regular-season finale on Dec. 29. -- Boston Herald

well here is their buletin board material I can't understand why anyone would want to give the Pats anymore motivation than they already have

Beantown Bronco
01-24-2008, 01:34 PM
I'll be in Russia and will miss the game.

And don't care.

Reasons #2 and #3 why you are a Communist. :)

Inkana7
01-24-2008, 01:35 PM
Funniest damn youtube ever!

PatsWin2002
01-24-2008, 01:56 PM
400, that video is pissa.

Rohirrim
01-24-2008, 03:18 PM
Hilarious!

HEAV
01-24-2008, 05:10 PM
Have you guys seen this?
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jJHb9m4ccmQ&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jJHb9m4ccmQ&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Now that's funny! :notworthy

ro_50
01-24-2008, 06:01 PM
A lot of people up here are now talking that the Giants are still reveling in what they accomplished by winning the NFC in relation to how many times I see the Giants on the TV or hear them on the radio.

And what Osi said, he should really know when to say when. What they are facing on Feb. 3 is history.

Broncobiv
01-23-2012, 11:38 AM
Deja vu!

bendog
01-23-2012, 11:42 AM
The damn giants?

The NFC is like the minor leagues of the NFL.

WHAT?

Old Dude
01-23-2012, 11:45 AM
That was a wicked bump.

bronco militia
01-23-2012, 11:49 AM
LOL...nice one

this was a great superbowl.

55CrushEm
01-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Yes, it was. A great game made even greater by the 18-0 Cheatriots losing.

bronco militia
01-23-2012, 12:04 PM
worst 18-1 team ever!

Kaylore
01-23-2012, 12:06 PM
Yeah it was pretty glorious.

bendog
01-23-2012, 12:08 PM
If the Giants can pull this off, they will become a storyline in the enshrinement of both billicheat and Tawmy.

Kaylore
01-23-2012, 12:08 PM

This is all still true many years later! (from page 2 - 2008)

55CrushEm
01-23-2012, 12:13 PM

Well, Eli may have a robotic personality....but yesterday proved to me he's tough as nails. Pounded all day (like jizz on this forum), he still threw for 300+ in torrential rain.

Impressive.....respectable.

bendog
01-23-2012, 12:28 PM
Well, Eli may have a robotic personality....but yesterday proved to me he's tough as nails. Pounded all day (like jizz on this forum), he still threw for 300+ in torrential rain.

Impressive.....respectable.

Since I live in Miss, and have ties to ole miss, I never really saw where the "robotic" thing came from. Cooper Manning is actually more outgoing than Payaton, and reportedly even funnier. His bar crawls at ole miss are legendary. Cooper was also probably the best athlete. Eli staggered home more than a few times, and even got arrested for public drunkeness once, which is absolutely necessary for any ole miss male student who wishes a full academic experience. Eli was a pretty tough qb in college. He's just not really a guy who wants the public attention. and that's why I sorta laughed at the notion that Archie wanted him in NY for the money. NYC is not his kinda town.

Gort
01-23-2012, 12:30 PM
actually, there have been 5 worse super bowls.

superbowl XXIV
superbowl XXII
superbowl XXI
superbowl XII
superbowl III

Boobs McGee
01-23-2012, 12:48 PM
Yesterday, my mindset towards this game wasn't too positive. NOW, however, I actually think it could turn into a pretty fun superbowl. Some great storylines, a lot of scoring, some big hits, bad blood, the possibility that tom terrific MIGHT actually break a leg....I'm going to enjoy this one I think.

bendog
01-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Yesterday, my mindset towards this game wasn't too positive. NOW, however, I actually think it could turn into a pretty fun superbowl. Some great storylines, a lot of scoring, some big hits, bad blood, the possibility that tom terrific MIGHT actually break a leg....I'm going to enjoy this one I think.

That's bad karma. Now breaking a rib and tearing some chest cartilege.... I mean guys get over that w/o surgery and now after effects.

errand
01-23-2012, 01:54 PM
yeah......but I just don't see it happenin

NE has virtually no pass rush, and play poorly against the pass....Manning has destroyed teams like that especially given the way his defense has been playing

bronco militia
01-23-2012, 01:57 PM
LOL

errand...check the date of this thread

bendog
01-23-2012, 02:02 PM
NE has virtually no pass rush, and play poorly against the pass....Manning has destroyed teams like that especially given the way his defense has been playing

yeah, I think Eli has a good chance. I think most agree he's having his best season, and he's in his prime, and imo he's not gotten proper credit nationwide cause of his bro, and esp here since the whole SD thing ... for which we should be grateful. But, Eli can be maddeningly inconsistent.

NE beat his brother by giving Payaton reads he hadn't seen on tape before. Not blitz out of a pre-snap look that was blitz before and blitz out of non-blitz looks. But Eli is a more instinctive passer than Payaton, and he can run a little. And, he's tough. So's Brady, but Eli walks soft and that hides how tough he is.

It should be a good game. NE will score, but Brady doesn't have the granite chin he had before his knee. If NY can get pressure and still stop the run when playing pass, NE could have a long day.

55CrushEm
01-23-2012, 02:14 PM
yeah, I think Eli has a good chance. I think most agree he's having his best season, and he's in his prime, and imo he's not gotten proper credit nationwide cause of his bro, and esp here since the whole SD thing ... for which we should be grateful. But, Eli can be maddeningly inconsistent.

NE beat his brother by giving Payaton reads he hadn't seen on tape before. Not blitz out of a pre-snap look that was blitz before and blitz out of non-blitz looks. But Eli is a more instinctive passer than Payaton, and he can run a little. And, he's tough. So's Brady, but Eli walks soft and that hides how tough he is.

It should be a good game. NE will score, but Brady doesn't have the granite chin he had before his knee. If NY can get pressure and still stop the run when playing pass, NE could have a long day.

Yeah....but that's when New England actually had a GOOD defense.

bendog
01-23-2012, 02:30 PM
Yeah....but that's when New England actually had a GOOD defense.

Yeah, that's the thing. If NE just comes out in cover 2 like they did against Den, Eli will eat their lunch throwing underneath and little dink offs to his big backs. I actually thought Flacco played good enough to win yesterday. But unless Eli's having "one of those days he has sometimes" he's a lot better.

Houshyamama
01-23-2012, 02:32 PM
You can't root for either team, but you can root for a terrorist attack...

errand
01-23-2012, 02:35 PM
Ok, it's an old thread, but it's the same teams, and my take still stands

errand
01-23-2012, 02:36 PM
Ok, it's an old thread, but it's the same teams, and my take still stands

bendog
01-23-2012, 02:42 PM
You can't root for either team, but you can root for a terrorist attack...

I like Eli, and Coughlin has his players' respect. I thought he was awful, but I was wrong. The team needed discipline what with tiki and strahan goofing around with Faver and the sacks record.

gunns
01-23-2012, 02:51 PM
Titan's/Rams was a snoozer for 3 quarters. I thoroughly enjoyed the Bucs/Raiders, the 2007 Giants/NE SB and I look forward to any SB where Belichick/Brady and Co. have a good chance of losing. So I think I will enjoy this one.

CKG0913
01-23-2012, 02:54 PM
Any Super Bowl with the Pats is a bad one. So I am rooting like heck for the Giants.

If Denver can't get the big one, I sure as heck don't want the Pats to.

maher_tyler
01-23-2012, 02:56 PM
Unless its a division rival plays the Pats, i want whoever is playing the Pats to win..i hate them almost as much as the Raiders and Chiefs. Their fans make it that much worse...how many times did we hear those dumb asses booing the past couple of weeks?? Booing when our guys were hurt..**** that ****. Go Giants!!

UberBroncoMan
01-23-2012, 03:12 PM
NY should sign Spag to be a special assistant to the defense, right, right?

BroncoBuff
01-23-2012, 07:58 PM

I think your '08 post will be right this time ... Patriots will have things well in hand by halftime.

And what's with Eli ... no matter what he does, it's boring, even his part in the Tyree catch seemed boring. Any other QB makes that scramble and throw and engineers that drive, they'd call it his "MIRACLE COMEBACK," but with this milquetoast all you remember is the catch.

Archer81
01-23-2012, 08:18 PM
I think your '08 post will be right this time ... Patriots will have things well in hand by halftime.

And what's with Eli ... no matter what he does, it's boring, even his part in the Tyree catch seemed boring. Any other QB makes that scramble and throw and engineers that drive, they'd call it his "MIRACLE COMEBACK," but with this milquetoast all you remember is the catch.

Actually I remember thinking holy **** Eli's gonna get crushed...omg he got away...he got the ball off? HOLY **** WHAT A CATCH!

:Broncos:

BowlenBall
01-23-2012, 09:01 PM
The East Coast fix is in... again.

Bronco Yoda
01-23-2012, 09:10 PM
We'll be having a Ghostbusters marathon for the little ones :)

vancejohnson82
01-23-2012, 09:15 PM
Think about it from a Jets fan's perspective

The rival that owns your division for the past decade....versus...the team that you declared you weren't "little brothers" to

terrible

Punisher
01-23-2012, 10:12 PM
The last Giants vs Pats superbowl was epic This is round 2 why would it suck?

Willynowei
01-23-2012, 10:28 PM
I hate the patriots. I love but hate tom terrific, I hate hoodie face, and hate Mcdonald man most of all. I actually hate every sports organization from Boston, I would be happy if no boston team ever won anything ever again.

Summary: **** NEW ENGLAND.

BowlenBall
01-24-2012, 12:25 AM
The last Giants vs Pats superbowl was epic This is round 2 why would it suck?

1) The fan bases are insufferable.
2) Both coaches are douchebags.
3) Brady's one of those quarterbacks who yells at his OLine when things go badly.
4) Manning face.
5) Josh McDaniels on the sidelines.

Just off the top of my head....

lonestar
01-24-2012, 12:49 AM

I have not watched most of the games since the Broncos last won one.. Tape them and skip through the game to see the commercials..Hilarious!Hilarious!

Punisher
01-24-2012, 02:12 AM
1) The fan bases are insufferable.
2) Both coaches are douchebags.
3) Brady's one of those quarterbacks who yells at his OLine when things go badly.
4) Manning face.
5) Josh McDaniels on the sidelines.

Just off the top of my head....

I just watch the game i don't worry about that other stuff

gunns
01-24-2012, 03:38 AM
actually, there have been 5 worse super bowls.

superbowl XXIV
superbowl XXII
superbowl XXI
superbowl XII
superbowl III

SB III was not a worse SB. It was great. Basically the first SB upset and a huge one, with the Namath storyline of confirming they would win. As a young kid I won my first football bet on this one.

gunns
01-24-2012, 03:41 AM

As with the 2007 team, this team has the defense to handle Brady. Eli didn't need to win it then or now but this time he will probably have a significant part in the win, but once again defense will win the championship.

vancejohnson82
01-24-2012, 06:16 AM
will McDaniels get a ring if they win?

WolfpackGuy
01-24-2012, 06:18 AM
will McDaniels get a ring if they win?

Just the band.

No stones.

Beantown Bronco
01-24-2012, 06:30 AM
I hate the patriots. I love but hate tom terrific, I hate hoodie face, and hate Mcdonald man most of all. I actually hate every sports organization from Boston, I would be happy if no boston team ever won anything ever again.

Summary: **** NEW ENGLAND.

haters gonna hate

Kaylore
01-24-2012, 06:31 AM
I wonder how many people still don't know this thread is four years old.

Gort
01-24-2012, 09:01 AM
SB III was not a worse SB. It was great. Basically the first SB upset and a huge one, with the Namath storyline of confirming they would win. As a young kid I won my first football bet on this one.

it was awful for me. i was just a bit too young to remember it, but as a Baltimore Colts fan growing up, i always heard about it from the NY'ers. if the Colts and Jets played that SB 10 times, the Colts win 9 of them. they were a far superior team. i'm not the only one who thinks that SB may have been fixed. the mafia made alot of $$$ off of that game. i seem to recall that Bubba Smith wouldn't even talk about the game in later years. he was still so angry about the outcome.

55CrushEm
01-24-2012, 09:33 AM
I think one of the worst Superbowls was the Ravens vs Giants in 2000.....and if I recall correctly, it did end up being one of the lowest rated Superbowls.

Dilfer vs Collins.
34-7

Oh, and all 16 of the Giants offensive possessions ended up being punts or interceptions. Their only score was a kickoff return.

bendog
01-24-2012, 10:15 AM
it was awful for me. i was just a bit too young to remember it, but as a Baltimore Colts fan growing up, i always heard about it from the NY'ers. if the Colts and Jets played that SB 10 times, the Colts win 9 of them. they were a far superior team. i'm not the only one who thinks that SB may have been fixed. the mafia made alot of $$$ off of that game. i seem to recall that Bubba Smith wouldn't even talk about the game in later years. he was still so angry about the outcome.

It destroyed the myth of the NFL being better than the AFL. Remember, Al wouldn't vote for the merger because he thought the AFL had better product, and the NFL would have to give them a better deal later on. The two leagues started their single draft in 68, but the Jests were ground up built. The AFC won 9 of 11 superbowls begining in 1969. Matt Snell knocked out a safety (literally) on the first series, and Winston Hill (literally) ran Balt's other Defensive End out of the NFL.

Balt left ten pts on the field though with a missed FG and interception in the Jests end zone.

Gort
01-24-2012, 11:00 AM
It destroyed the myth of the NFL being better than the AFL. Remember, Al wouldn't vote for the merger because he thought the AFL had better product, and the NFL would have to give them a better deal later on. The two leagues started their single draft in 68, but the Jests were ground up built. The AFC won 9 of 11 superbowls begining in 1969. Matt Snell knocked out a safety (literally) on the first series, and Winston Hill (literally) ran Balt's other Defensive End out of the NFL.

Balt left ten pts on the field though with a missed FG and interception in the Jests end zone.

don't forget Jimmy Orr wide open for a long TD, but Earl Morrall never saw him.

the Colts led the league in offense and defense and set a record for fewest points allowed. they were an 18 point favorite. on paper, they were clearly the better team. Morrall had an awful superbowl. was he just bad, or was there something else going on? did Namath know something that made him feel comfortable guaranteeing a victory? Namath loved the nightlife in NYC. he no doubt had friends and acquaintances with dubious backgrounds. something about the game just doesn't add up.

Miss I.
01-24-2012, 11:04 AM
I wonder how many people still don't know this thread is four years old.

Probably the same ones who don't realize Jay is 4 years old. ;D just kidding, I tease. He's more like a 6.

OrangeSe7en
01-24-2012, 11:34 AM
I won't watch. I've already moved on to basketball. Thankfully the Bulls are doing well so far. I really hope the Bulls can stay healthy so I can repeatedly watch them kick the Celtics in the face.

bendog
01-24-2012, 11:49 AM
don't forget Jimmy Orr wide open for a long TD, but Earl Morrall never saw him.

the Colts led the league in offense and defense and set a record for fewest points allowed. they were an 18 point favorite. on paper, they were clearly the better team. Morrall had an awful superbowl. was he just bad, or was there something else going on? did Namath know something that made him feel comfortable guaranteeing a victory? Namath loved the nightlife in NYC. he no doubt had friends and acquaintances with dubious backgrounds. something about the game just doesn't add up.

Well if it was fixed, you had morrell taking a knee. And that makes no sense esp because his end zone pick was tipped. And the reality is that given Unitas wasn't playing, the Jets had not only the only HOF qb but alos the guy who held all of Jerry Rice's records on the field. Maybe not the best team. and the Chiefs and Oak went on to pretty much dominate the NFC after that. The colts may have been beaten by the third best team in the AFC and have been inferior ... a paper tiger that ran up stats on inferior teams.