Date Match # Time (ET) Matchup Venue Result
1 Wed, Dec. 26 10am Sweden vs Slovakia Pardubice Arena 4 - 3
2 Wed, Dec. 26 10am USA vs Kazakhstan Tipsport Arena 5 - 1
3 Wed, Dec. 26 2pm Czech Republic vs Canada Pardubice Arena 0 - 3
4 Wed, Dec. 26 2pm Finland vs Russia Tipsport Arena 4 - 7
5 Thurs, Dec. 27 10am Slovakia vs Canada Pardubice Arena 0 - 2
6 Thurs, Dec. 27 10am Kazakhstan vs Russia Tipsport Arena 4 - 5
7 Thurs, Dec. 27 2pm Czech Republic vs Denmark Pardubice Arena 5 - 2
8 Thurs, Dec. 27 2pm Finland vs Switzerland Tipsport Arena 4 - 3 (SO)
9 Fri, Dec. 28 12pm Denmark vs Sweden Pardubice Arena 1 - 10
10 Fri, Dec. 28 12pm Switzerland vs USA Tipsport Arena 2 - 4
11 Sat, Dec. 29 10am Slovakia vs Czech Republic Pardubice Arena 2 - 5
12 Sat, Dec. 29 10am Kazakhstan vs Finland Tipsport Arena 0 - 5
13 Sat, Dec. 29 2pm Canada vs Sweden Pardubice Arena 3 - 4
14 Sat, Dec. 29 2pm Russia vs USA Tipsport Arena 2 - 3
15 Sun, Dec. 30 12pm Denmark vs Slovakia Pardubice Arena 3 - 4
16 Sun, Dec. 30 12pm Switzerland vs Kazakhstan Tipsport Arena 1 - 3
17 Mon, Dec. 31 8am Sweden vs Czech Republic Pardubice Arena 4 - 2
18 Mon, Dec. 31 8am Russia vs Switzerland Tipsport Arena 4 - 3
19 Mon, Dec. 31 12pm Canada vs Denmark Pardubice Arena 4 - 1
20 Mon, Dec. 31 12pm USA vs Finland Tipsport Arena 5 - 3

Playoff and Relegation Round
Date Match # Time (ET) Matchup Venue Result
Wed, Jan. 2 21 9:30am Qualification Game: Canada vs. Finland Pardubice Arena -
Wed, Jan. 2 22 10am Relegation Game: Slovakia vs. Switzerland Tipsport Arena -
Wed, Jan. 2 23 2pm Qualification Game: Russia vs. Czech Republic Pardubice Arena -
Wed, Jan. 2 24 2pm Relegation Game: Kazakhstan vs. Denmark Tipsport Arena -
Thurs, Jan. 3 25 10am Relegation Game: Denmark vs. Switzerland Tipsport Arena -
Thurs, Jan. 3 26 12pm 5th Place Game: Quarterfinal Losers Pardubice Arena -
Thurs, Jan. 3 27 2pm Relegation Game: Slovakia vs. Kazakhstan Tipsport Arena -
Fri, Jan. 4 28 10am Semifinal: QF1 winner vs. Sweden/USA Pardubice Arena -
Fri, Jan. 4 29 2pm Semifinal: QF2 winner vs. Sweden/USA Pardubice Arena -
Sat, Jan. 5 30 10am Bronze Medal Game: Semifinal Losers Pardubice Arena -
Sat, Jan. 5 31 2pm Gold Medal Game: Semifinal Winners Pardubice Arena -

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?fid=984

Group A
W OTW OTL L GF GA PTS
Sweden 4 0 0 0 22 9 12
Canada 3 0 0 1 12 5 9
Czech Republic 2 0 0 2 12 11 6
Slovakia 1 0 0 3 9 14 3
Denmark 0 0 0 4 7 23 0

Group B
W OTW OTL L GF GA PTS
United States 4 0 0 0 17 8 12
Russia 3 0 0 1 18 14 9
Finland 1 1 0 2 16 15 5
Kazakhstan 1 0 0 3 8 16 3
Switzerland 0 0 1 3 9 15 1

Teams get 3 points for a win in regulation (W), 2 points for OT win or shootout win (OTW), 1 point for OT loss or shootout loss (OTL).

OVERTIME RULES:
ROUND ROBIN GAMES

If a round robin game is tied after regulation, the teams will play A 4-on-4 "sudden-victory" OT for 5 minutes. If the game is still tied, they go to a 3-man shootout. If it's still tied after the 3-man shootout, it goes to a tiebreak shootout.

PLAYOFF GAMES (except for Gold Medal game)

If a playoff game is tied after regulation, the teams will play a 10-minute sudden-victory OT. If the game is still tied, the above shootout rules apply.

GOLD MEDAL GAME

If the Gold Medal game is tied after regulation, the teams will play a 20-minute sudden-victory OT. If the game is still tied, the above shootout rules apply.

Bronx33
01-04-2008, 01:25 AM
Well it's Fri, Jan. 4 29 2pm Semifinal: Canada vs. USA Look out bernier here come the americans

Bronx33
01-04-2008, 09:31 PM
USA folds again...

PARDUBICE, Czech Republic - Canada is a win away from another gold medal at the world junior hockey championship and this time it's Sweden, not Russia, standing in the way.

The Canadians beat the U.S. 4-1 in Friday's semifinal and will face Sweden in the final Saturday. It will be a rematch for Canada, which lost 4-3 to the Swedes in a preliminary Pool A game last weekend.

Canada (5-1) is chasing a fourth straight gold medal in this tournament after beating the Russians in the last three finals and has reached the championship game for a seventh straight year.

Shawn Matthias of the Belleville Bulls, Brad Marchand of the Halifax Mooseheads, Colton Gillies of the Saskatoon Blades and Calgary Hitmen defenceman Karl Alzner scored four unanswered goals for Canada before James vanRiemsdyk replied for the U.S.

"It was sweet," Gillies said. "That was our best one so far.

"We haven't accomplished anything though so we're trying not to show our emotions too much."

Canadian goaltender Steve Mason, who was a controversial choice to start over Jonathan Bernier, earned the win stopping 33 of 34 shots and was named player of the game.

Mason had quite a day. While he was reading on the Internet that many people back home thought he shouldn't start, his major junior rights were traded from the London Knights to the Kitchener Rangers.

"Through the media and whatnot, everybody kind of questioned Coach (Craig) Hartsburg's decision to start me and that gave me motivation to prove Coach Hartsburg right," Mason said. "I was a little disappointed to see what people were saying, but at the same time I used it in my game today and hopefully I proved a lot of people wrong."

Sweden beat Russia 2-1 in overtime in an earlier semifinal.

U.S. goaltender Jeremy Smith, who plays for the Ontario Hockey League's Plymouth Whalers, made 20 saves in the loss.
Click here to find out more!

The Canadians played their best game of the tournament so far as they passed the puck crisply and attacked the U.S. zone with authority.

Another horde of Canadians filled Pardubice Arena to cheer them on as at least half of the announced crowd of 5,621 were wearing red and white.

As the home team, the U.S. had right of last line change. The Canadians had to play airtight defence to shut down the tournament's top-scoring trio of vanRiemsdyk, Colin Wilson and Jordan Schroeder until Hartsburg could get Brandon Sutter's checking line on the ice.

VanRiemsdyk, the No. 2 pick in this year's NHL draft by the Philadelphia Flyers, ended Mason's shutout bid at 13:26 of the third period when he banged in a rebound.

Marchand padded Canada's lead 20 seconds after Gillies beat Smith five-hole on a shot from the left faceoff circle to make it 3-0 for Canada at 7:04 of the third period.

Alzner's shot from the blue-line beat Smith for a power-play goal at the midway point of the second period and made it 2-0 for Canada. Hard work cycling the puck down low by Kyle Turris and Marchand drew the American defence down and gave Alzner the time to line up a laser shot.

Matthias put Canada on the scoreboard at 2:46 of the second period on a give-and-go with winger Matt Halischuk. Behind the goal-line Matthias tapped the puck over to Halischuk and drove the front of the net to collect Halischuk's backhand pass and beat Smith.

CP player of the game - The weight of the world was on Steve Mason's shoulders heading into this game. The 19-year-old goaltender from Oakville, Ont., didn't have to make many highlight reel stops, but made several through traffic and played with a confidence.

Notes - Canada is 27-5-all-time against the U.S. at the world junior championship and 6-1 against them in playoff games . . . The U.S. has 20 NHL draft picks on its roster and seven of them are first-round selections compared to Canada's 17 and seven respectively . . . The average height and weight of the Canadian team is six feet and 187 pounds, while the U.S. is six feet, 193 pounds.

Bronx33
01-04-2008, 09:33 PM
KITCHENER, Ont. - Goaltender Steve Mason will join a different Ontario Hockey League team when he returns from playing for Canada at the world junior hockey championship in the Czech Republic.

The London Knights have shipped Mason to the Kitchener Rangers for two players and a selection of draft picks, the teams announced Friday.

Mason, a 19-year-old from Oakville, Ont., was selected by the Columbus Blue Jackets in the third round of the 2006 NHL entry draft.

He stopped 33 of 34 shots in Canada's 4-1 semifinal win Friday over the U.S. to help his team advance to the gold-medal game.

In Pardubice, Mason said he found out about the trade in a phone call to his parents Friday morning.

In addition to the controversy swirling over his selection as Canada's starting goaltender for the evening semifinal, Mason had to come to grips with leaving his club team of more than two seasons.

"It was just another pill to swallow," Mason said. "I had an awesome time in London and made a lot of friends. I'm going to miss by billets.

"I've got a bright future in Kitchener. They've got the Memorial Cup so obviously I'm going to a pretty good team."

Mason said he didn't want the trade to be a distraction heading into Friday night's game.

"I kind of shoved it out of the way," Mason said. "I'm not playing for London and I'm not playing for Kitchener right now. I'm playing for Team Canada."

The Knights acquired 18-year-old forward Phil Varone, 18-year-old defenceman Steve Tarasuk, picks in the second, third and fourth rounds of the 2011 OHL draft and a second-round pick in 2012.

The Rangers are the class of the OHL this season with a 31-4-1-2 record and 65 points, 21 more than London.

chadta
01-05-2008, 12:29 AM
USA folds again...

dont be so hard on yourself, you guys didnt fold, you were just beat by a better team.

good luck in your bronze medal game, ill be pullin for ya, as for canada this win means nothing if we cant beat sweden tommorrow.

Bronx33
01-05-2008, 01:03 PM
Folded

chadta
01-05-2008, 05:35 PM
Folded

yeah today you did

BUT WE DIDN'T :thumbsup:

Bronx33
01-17-2008, 02:57 PM
The US ladies took the gold from the canadian ladies Nnyah!

http://www.tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/feature/?fid=11268