PDA

View Full Version : Felix jones vs. Darren Mcfadden

broncofan7
01-01-2008, 01:52 PM
Anyone else see a Laverneus Coles vs. Peter Warrick comparison here? Jones is a proven KR and averages over 9 yards per carryas a RB--and to much less fanfare than Mcfadden--he is a smallish player though at only 6ft and 200lbs.....what is the consensus here guys?

lex
01-01-2008, 02:00 PM
I think theyll both be good but I would read too much into Jones APC at 9 and McFaddens at 6. McFadden is the focus of the defense and a lot of Jones' runs comes on misdirections where McFadden gives to Jones. I dont see McFadden turning into Warrick with the Bengals at all. McFaddens actually the faster of the two in addition to being the more physical.

NFLBRONCO
01-01-2008, 04:12 PM
I'd love BOTH

tjhenry
01-04-2008, 07:09 PM
i go to arkansas, felix's game speed is that same as mcfaddens, the only difference i can really see is mc's bowling ball attitude, you can say what you want about felix lacking in the department, but speed wise, felix is every bit as fast as darren, i don't care what workout numbers say, and man o man that kid is slippery, we did not have a passing game, and felix got many carries on his lonesome in the back field while giving dmac a breather, he is great in the college level, but i'd be worried about his thin frame holding up to a full workload in the nfl

another note, he actually looked like he tried at the cotton bowl, dmac looked like he gave up to me and was purely looking ahead, says a little about individual character

i like felix's flexibility more, we need a solid kick returner more than a solid rb, denver can find those anywhere, so for us, i think felix would be a better choice for us

but

personally, i hope sam baker falls in our laps followed by frank okam, and hopefull peyton hillis as an early second day pick, that would solve our fullback problem for a long time, he has great pass and run blocking, as well as great potency for moving forward, and depending on elam's decision, i would like to see brandon couto as a mid second day as well

back to the original post,

i see a ronnie brown/cadillac williams situation, only we all know ronnie brown is being touted in front of caddy this time

Drek
01-04-2008, 07:15 PM
i like felix's flexibility more, we need a solid kick returner more than a solid rb, denver can find those anywhere, so for us, i think felix would be a better choice for us

Can't quite see spending a late first/early 2nd on a guy because he can kick return.

McFadden is a stud but I think we'd do quite well as a team if we traded back from 12 and used one of the extra picks to get Jonathan Stewart (Oregon) or Rashard Mendenhall. Both are big backs with impressive speed and moves. They'd work out great in our system.

I could see us drafting Jones though, which I hate. Love his game but he doesn't look like a 20+ carry a game back at the NFL level to me. Shanahan has some fixation with those guys though after Portis hit for him, and now most of our roster are 200 pounders who can't really push the pile and punish guys, or for that matter stay healthy over the long haul.

tjhenry
01-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Can't quite see spending a late first/early 2nd on a guy because he can kick return.

i can't see us spending a 1st or a 2nd on a running back either since we have more glaring holes

he's not just a kick returner, he's a proven rb and a proven kick returner, the latter is something dmac didn't do very well this season

penguintheory
01-04-2008, 08:17 PM

McFadden is a stud but I think we'd do quite well as a team if we traded back from 12 and used one of the extra picks to get Jonathan Stewart (Oregon) or Rashard Mendenhall. Both are big backs with impressive speed and moves. They'd work out great in our system.

I could see us drafting Jones though, which I hate. Love his game but he doesn't look like a 20+ carry a game back at the NFL level to me. Shanahan has some fixation with those guys though after Portis hit for him, and now most of our roster are 200 pounders who can't really push the pile and punish guys, or for that matter stay healthy over the long haul.

Jstew is injury prone.

ohiobronco2
01-04-2008, 09:51 PM
Jstew is injury prone.

Looks like he only missed time in 2 games in 2006 and that's it. If he's injury prone, what does that make Henry?

Arkansas Bronco
01-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Both declaired to enter the draft today.

NFLBRONCO
01-14-2008, 05:22 PM
Too bad we'll get neither.

broncofan7
08-17-2008, 03:19 PM
I am wiling to bet that my comparison holds true now that I have seen them both play in the Pro's........yeah, I am patting myself on the back

BroncoMan4ever
08-18-2008, 02:04 AM
i think we drafted the best member of Arkansas' backfield. McFadden has those toothpick legs and with Michael Bush and Fargas also there he will never be the feature back people think he will be. and Jones will just be a change of pace guy behind Barber. They will both contribute but neither will be worthy of their draft spot.
In Fact if Denver had drafted a RB in the 1st round this year and all 4 were available i would have drafted Stewart and Mendenhall ahead of both the Arkansas runners.

broncofan7
01-09-2010, 08:40 PM
Bump..........:)