PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations on winning the 12th pick in the draft.

crazyhorse
12-30-2007, 07:53 PM
Looks like the Chiefs will be picking 4th. The Raiders are 5th I think.

Boy the West is a weak division.

eddie mac
12-30-2007, 07:54 PM
You'll be picking 3rd actually and the Raiders will be 4th

lex
12-30-2007, 07:56 PM
Prepare youself for Anubis to make an appearance in this thread where he will lecture you on how this team has a lot of fight because of today.

Jens1893
12-30-2007, 07:56 PM
I hope all the self-righteous pricks on this board are happy that they can talk smack to the Chiefs and Raider trolls now in that we havenīt had a top 10 pick in ages. Thatīs what it all seems to be about for some people on here. Congratulations!

crazyhorse
12-30-2007, 07:58 PM
You'll be picking 3rd actually and the Raiders will be 4th

I thought it was Miami, Rams, Atlanta then Chiefs

rugbythug
12-30-2007, 08:00 PM
Prepare youself for Anubis to make an appearance in this thread where he will lecture you on how this team has a lot of fight because of today.

Are you King of the Grade School?

SpringStein
12-30-2007, 08:01 PM
I thought it was Miami, Rams, Atlanta then Chiefs

Atlanta won today and drop down to #7.

crazyhorse
12-30-2007, 08:02 PM
I hope all the self-righteous pricks on this board are happy that they can talk smack to the Chiefs and Raider trolls now in that we havenīt had a top 10 pick in ages. Thatīs what it all seems to be about for some people on here. Congratulations!

I cant speak for Raiders fans, but as a Chiefs fan I can tell ya, you dont have to pick in the top 10 to suck.

broncs2bowl
12-30-2007, 08:02 PM
we need a DT that can hold down the line, our run defense is bad because our DTs get pushed back, WE NEED A TRUE NT..............even the announcer said he talked to Shanny and he said something about getting help up front especially the defensive line.

crazyhorse
12-30-2007, 08:04 PM
Atlanta won today and drop down to #7.

At 7 I think its the Ravens who won today making them 5-11. Atlanta won and is at 4-12. Plus they have a worse division record than the Chiefs.

27atwater
12-30-2007, 08:05 PM
Cincy has played Tennessee this year...given that the SOS can change for Cincy, is 12 a lock?

eddie mac
12-30-2007, 08:08 PM
At 7 I think its the Ravens who won today making them 5-11. Atlanta won and is at 4-12. Plus they have a worse division record than the Chiefs.

It's strength of schedule Crazy and there's was stronger than yours and the Raiders. Falcons drop to 6th. Patriots move up to 7th after the 49er loss.

27atwater
12-30-2007, 08:12 PM
Noone is heavy enough worth a #1 pick though. Ellis is a badass, but he is sub-300lbs. hardly the pig we all seem to want.

crazyhorse
12-30-2007, 08:13 PM
It's strength of schedule Crazy and there's was stronger than yours and the Raiders. Falcons drop to 6th. Patriots move up to 7th after the 49er loss.

I'll admit, I was going by espn's league standings. I thought they had it broke down in a way that would indicate draft order.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/standings?season=2007&breakdown=1&split=0&seasonType=2

Orange_Beard
12-30-2007, 08:14 PM
12 is a great place to pick. We will get an impact player the we will not have to WAY over pay.

eddie mac
12-30-2007, 08:16 PM
I'll admit, I was going by espn's league standings. I thought they had it broke down in a way that would indicate draft order.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/standings?season=2007&breakdown=1&split=0&seasonType=2

The league standings are ranked in conference record, head-to-head, then divisional and so on.

Draft order is always strength of schedule and nothing else. If the stength of schedule is the same then coin toss.

lex
12-30-2007, 08:19 PM
Are you King of the Grade School?

Do you shower with hairy men?

Orange_Beard
12-30-2007, 08:20 PM
last 5 players picked at 12,
2007-Marshawn Lynch(Willis went 11)
2006- Haloti Ngata
2005- Shawne Merriman
2004- Jonathan Vilma
2003-Jimmy Kennedy

Some solid NFL players, except Kennedy.

ZachKC
12-30-2007, 08:22 PM
Eh weak thread. Win is a win. I actually wish the Chiefs would have pulled theirs out today.

theAPAOps5
12-30-2007, 08:24 PM
Eh weak thread. Win is a win. I actually wish the Chiefs would have pulled theirs out today.

I am one who thinks the team plays to win so always try to win. I don't care about missing out on a few slots. The 12th pick is still a nice spot to be in and Shanny has found ways to move up in the past.

Orange_Beard
12-30-2007, 08:25 PM

As painful as this season has been, it feels good to have won the last game.

summerdenver
12-30-2007, 08:32 PM
Our biggest needs are DT(NT), OT and LB. Glenn Dorsey and Ellis both would have been gone by even 9 and Ellis is more of a UT than NT. Per most draft sites Kentwan Balmer and Frank Okam are next rated NT types and even 12 is too high for them.

As far as OTs are concerned after Jake Long, i think there is a group of 3-4 tackles with similar skill level and one of them will be available even in later rounds. Jake long would not have made out of top 5 anyway and we don't have a shot at him.

LBs - I think one from Conner, Larinitus(hope i spelled it right) or Rivers will be available for us at late first or even top of second. So, I am not unhappy about the drop in draft position.

I am actually with socal on this. I hope we can trade down to late twenties and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick. There seems to be good value in first 3 rounds of this years draft.

crazyhorse
12-30-2007, 08:36 PM

Who said they wanted the Chiefs to lose the game?

ZachKC
12-30-2007, 08:38 PM
Who said they wanted the Chiefs to lose the game?

Nobody did. And nothing about my post accuses anyone of that.

Orange_Beard
12-30-2007, 08:40 PM
All right you 2, keep your fighting to Bronco fans.

crazyhorse
12-30-2007, 08:41 PM
Nobody did. And nothing about my post accuses anyone of that.

The whole "weak thread, I would have rather won" stuff threw me off.

HEAV
12-30-2007, 08:46 PM
Denver will be drafting 10th then?

Spider
12-30-2007, 08:48 PM

Yeah winning games have that effect on people .........goofy huh

ZachKC
12-30-2007, 08:49 PM
The whole "weak thread, I would have rather won" stuff threw me off.

You are easily thrown. I just thought the thread was kind of weak like most you make. One of those passive agressive deals.

ayjackson
12-30-2007, 08:53 PM
According to this site (http://www.solecismic.com/frontierblog/?p=192), we're tied with Buffalo for the 11th pick, to be decided by a coin toss.

TheChamp24
12-30-2007, 08:59 PM
Our biggest needs are DT(NT), OT and LB. Glenn Dorsey and Ellis both would have been gone by even 9 and Ellis is more of a UT than NT. Per most draft sites Kentwan Balmer and Frank Okam are next rated NT types and even 12 is too high for them.

As far as OTs are concerned after Jake Long, i think there is a group of 3-4 tackles with similar skill level and one of them will be available even in later rounds. Jake long would not have made out of top 5 anyway and we don't have a shot at him.

LBs - I think one from Conner, Larinitus(hope i spelled it right) or Rivers will be available for us at late first or even top of second. So, I am not unhappy about the drop in draft position.

I am actually with socal on this. I hope we can trade down to late twenties and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick. There seems to be good value in first 3 rounds of this years draft.

DT's, outside of Dorsey and Ellis, zero IMO are worth a 1st. Ellis I hate btw and think he will bust.
OT's, Otah and Clady are worth top 15/top 20 picks. We should pick one of those guys up.
LB's, Laurinatis will be a top 10 pick, Rivers may as well. Conner is iffy, and I believe will be available in the 20's. I do not want us to take a LB personally in the 1st unless Laurinatis falls to us.

Northman
12-30-2007, 09:02 PM
According to this site (http://www.solecismic.com/frontierblog/?p=192), we're tied with Buffalo for the 11th pick, to be decided by a coin toss.

Buffalo owns the tie breaker since we beat them. They will get the 11th pick then. That ought to make the Draft Junkies cry a little more. "Dammit! Jason Elam is the ANTI-CHRIST! for winning that game for us!"

spdirty
12-30-2007, 09:09 PM
Buffalo owns the tie breaker since we beat them. They will get the 11th pick then. That ought to make the Draft Junkies cry a little more. "Dammit! Jason Elam is the ANTI-CHRIST! for winning that game for us!"

if it weren't for that son of a bitch we'd be picking 2 or 3.

ZONA
12-30-2007, 09:11 PM
12 is a great place to pick. We will get an impact player the we will not have to WAY over pay.

It wouldn't matter if we picked higher anyway, we could have traded down to 12 and got that same player and picked up another late 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Basically, this win probably cost us about a 3rd round pick - not a huge deal one way or the other.

Northman
12-30-2007, 09:12 PM
if it weren't for that son of a b**** we'd be picking 2 or 3.

although i know your serious that was pretty funny. Ha!

eddie mac
12-30-2007, 09:18 PM

No head to head in tie-breaking procedures for the same strength of schedule for draft selection unless your from the same division. Only conference and divisional tie breakers apply if the teams are in the same conference or division. It'll be a coin-toss.

spdirty
12-30-2007, 09:22 PM
although i know your serious that was pretty funny. Ha!

Well, Thank God for Sauerbrun and his insubordination against Chicago or we might be all the way down to 19 or 20.

Northman
12-30-2007, 09:23 PM
No head to head in tie-breaking procedures for the same strength of schedule for draft selection unless your from the same division. Only conference and divisional tie breakers apply if the teams are in the same conference or division. It'll be a coin-toss.

Oh really? I was not aware of that.

Paladin
12-30-2007, 09:24 PM
Do you shower with hairy men?

Only with Kings of Grade Schools.....

400HZ
12-30-2007, 09:26 PM
Congrats!

The Chargers will still have a better draft, though. ;D

eddie mac
12-30-2007, 09:29 PM
Oh really? I was not aware of that.

Hold that thought. I just read something else that does include head-to-head tiebreakers.

Paladin
12-30-2007, 09:29 PM
This message is hidden because 400HZ is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=editlist).

spdirty
12-30-2007, 09:31 PM
This message is hidden because 400HZ is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=editlist).

What he said was...

"Congrats!

The Chargers will still have a better draft, though."

KCStud
12-30-2007, 09:32 PM
I heard it's a tie with ATL and KC at the 3 spot that will be subject to a coin flip. If KC gets the 3rd pick, then teams will be calling CP and Herm on draft day for our pick so they can get Darren McFadden.
KC could receive multiple picks for the rights to McFadden and still draft the 2nd best OT in the draft

cutthemdown
12-30-2007, 09:34 PM
Well at least we aren't the Queefs!!!!!!!!! Chiefs have 2 choices. Pick a QB and hope the get one a lot better then Croyle. Or don't pick a QB and hope Croyle isn't the bust the whole NFL knows he is.

cutthemdown
12-30-2007, 09:35 PM
I heard it's a tie with ATL and KC at the 3 spot that will be subject to a coin flip. If KC gets the 3rd pick, then teams will be calling CP and Herm on draft day for our pick so they can get Darren McFadden.
KC could receive multiple picks for the rights to McFadden and still draft the 2nd best OT in the draft

Don't you need a franchise QB to build around though?

ZONA
12-30-2007, 09:39 PM
Congrats!

You don't know that. This will be the first year that Norv or the new GM will be in charge of the draft. In fact, those two could really hose things up there for ya guys.

Good luck in the playoffs. I'd like to see LT do well but I'd also like to see Rivers punked. Roll the dice...................

crazyhorse
12-30-2007, 09:42 PM
You are easily thrown. I just thought the thread was kind of weak like most you make. One of those passive agressive deals.

Eh, just what I thought. Not smart enough to make a reasonable excuse. While also lacking the balls to admit you're petty. One of those psuedo intellectual deals.

A simple read.

RMANCIL
12-30-2007, 09:46 PM
You don't know that. This will be the first year that Norv or the new GM will be in charge of the draft. In fact, those two could really hose things up there for ya guys.

Good luck in the playoffs. I'd like to see LT do well but I'd also like to see Rivers punked. Roll the dice...................

New GM ???? Did we fire A.J. Smith ???? Sounds like big news you have a scoop!!! Tell us all about it. :sunshine:

sgbfan
12-30-2007, 10:00 PM

we can probably thank the chiefs for sucking so bad the last few months or we would be a few picks lower.

TheDave
12-30-2007, 10:00 PM
Congrats!

Considering you only have 1 pick in the first 4 rounds... I like our chances :thumbs:

KCStud
12-30-2007, 10:09 PM
Don't you need a franchise QB to build around though?

KC has their QB. They aren't drafting one. Croyle has looked good for having a horrible OL and only 2 big time playmakers.

The QB class this year is weak anyways. I don't see a QB that has anything more to offer than Croyle

lex
12-30-2007, 10:16 PM
Considering you only have 1 pick in the first 4 rounds... I like our chances :thumbs:

Be careful. Weve had some pretty bad drafts...Id hate to tempt fate.

400HZ
12-30-2007, 10:28 PM

It will be tough, but I like OUR chances. 8')

400HZ
12-30-2007, 10:36 PM

finally! :thumbsup:

cutthemdown
12-30-2007, 10:41 PM
It will be tough, but I like OUR chances. 8')

SD may give up some 2009 picks to get another 1st day pick. I can't really see them going into FA too much because Spanos doesn't like to part with money.
If they fall short again this year what spots on the team need better players to make the leap? They seem to be talented but I'm not sure Rivers is very good. I mean the team doesn't have a lot of holes and they went and got him Chambers.

What do Chargers do in the offseason look for more weapons? They seem to have enough. The drafted a WR last yr and picked up Chambers, have gates, have LT, don't think weapons is Rivers Problem.

I wonder what direction Chargers will take in offseason. It's like I said they need to win because it's hard to keep players together forever.

Still they have a way better roster then us outside of the fact I like Marshall more then any of there young WR or Chambers and Cutler IMO has more upside then Rivers. Then Bailey of course.

ZONA
12-30-2007, 10:44 PM
New GM ???? Did we fire A.J. Smith ???? Sounds like big news you have a scoop!!! Tell us all about it. :sunshine:

It's a prelude of what's to come- when they lose in the 1st round, he will be known as the guy who couldn't co-exist with Marty and got rid of him. The owner then will think the problem lies with AJ...........hahahaha.

For real - I forgot they actually kept somebody, other then a player, on that team from the previous year. My bad.

TheDave
12-30-2007, 10:54 PM
Be careful. Weve had some pretty bad drafts...Id hate to tempt fate.

and we've had some pretty good ones... like i said, I like our chances.

RMANCIL
12-30-2007, 11:02 PM
It's a prelude of what's to come- when they lose in the 1st round, he will be known as the guy who couldn't co-exist with Marty and got rid of him. The owner then will think the problem lies with AJ...........hahahaha.

For real - I forgot they actually kept somebody, other then a player, on that team from the previous year. My bad.

Perhaps you should change your handle to Nostras Domas Zona. :P

400HZ
12-30-2007, 11:09 PM
SD may give up some 2009 picks to get another 1st day pick. I can't really see them going into FA too much because Spanos doesn't like to part with money.
If they fall short again this year what spots on the team need better players to make the leap? They seem to be talented but I'm not sure Rivers is very good. I mean the team doesn't have a lot of holes and they went and got him Chambers.

What do Chargers do in the offseason look for more weapons? They seem to have enough. The drafted a WR last yr and picked up Chambers, have gates, have LT, don't think weapons is Rivers Problem.

I wonder what direction Chargers will take in offseason. It's like I said they need to win because it's hard to keep players together forever.

Still they have a way better roster then us outside of the fact I like Marshall more then any of there young WR or Chambers and Cutler IMO has more upside then Rivers. Then Bailey of course.

The Chargers being inactive in free agency has nothing to do with Spanos being tight fisted. San Diego spends up to their salary cap limit every year, they just spend money on their own talent rather than on free agents. It makes for a boring offseason, but Indy and New England have used the same strategy very effectively.

I'm not sure what direction they will go in the draft this year. I'm pulling for defensive tackle. It seems like Jamal Williams is nearing the end of the road and even though his backup has played very well, I want another physically imposing mauler to at least back up/rotate in with him. Safety wouldn't hurt either, but bad safeties don't seem that hard to protect as long as the front seven is dominating. I really just want SD to stay strong in the trenches. AJ might just go the best player available route with our 1st rounder, though, or make a preemptive move to replace somebody that he doesn't want to re-sign down the road.

summerdenver
12-30-2007, 11:24 PM
but Indy and New England have used the same strategy very effectively.

Thats not true. NE invests in FA regularly but typically they only get low priced veterans. Ind typically invests in few stars (Peyton, Marvin, Wayne, Freeney and sanders) and lets go of their young productive players every year. It looks like SD resigns lot of their young players. Nothing wrong with it, just a different strategy.

RMANCIL
12-30-2007, 11:32 PM
Smith will take the B.A. that isn't a QB. It is starting to look like a OL or a LB but it is very early still to say. Smith want very explosive players who he believes will dominate at their position so he often will gamble.

Cromartie is the latest gamble to pay off as he was a underclass men with a knee injury who had played very little before coming out in the draft. He now leads the lead in Int and should be a fixture on the Bolt defense for years.

In fact he has the talent and physical skills to be the best CB in the league in just a few seasons. McNeil was the best OT in the 2006 draft but S.D. got him in round 2# as most teams did not want to gamble on his back condition.

Smart drafts such as these have propelled the Chargers into the elite team they are now.

TheDave
12-30-2007, 11:49 PM
In fact he has the talent and physical skills to be the best CB in the league in just a few seasons.

Before he can do that, he will nedd to be the best corner in the AFC West.

Champ might have something to say about that.

RMANCIL
12-30-2007, 11:52 PM
Before he can do that, he will nedd to be the best corner in the AFC West.

Champ might have something to say about that.

Champ is slipping he won't be the best CB in pro football in three years.

Who is Nedd?? :~ohyah!:

TheDave
12-30-2007, 11:56 PM
Champ is slipping he won't be the best CB in pro football in three years.

Who is Nedd?? :~ohyah!:

Champ is slipping?

Wishful thinking... wishful thinking.

broncocalijohn
12-31-2007, 12:25 AM

What is up your arse today/tonight? I am sure you and Socal were pissed off that Elam actually didnt shank the kick. Here is a post of mine from another thread. enjoy the sarcasm....

Go Broncos? What the hell is that? Dont you know we now pick behind the Bills in the draft? THIS IS TERRIBLE! Yes, we won the last game and we wont lose until sometime in 9 months but that doesnt matter here. What matters is that I have to change my whole draft picking scenario that I layed out in my spare bedroom for days and having the Broncos lose to fit my 56 different ways the draft board will look and now this happens in overtime? Damn you players and coaches for trying to win our 4th in a row at home. Dont you know that will kill us in the draft for the ellusive one player we needed that will only be available in the top 10? Damn you fans for rooting as loud as you did and actually care that your hard earened cash would go towards a win and therefore a drop in the draft. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. Now, excuse me, but i have 4 months of prep for the draft where I cross out a whole bunch of college kids (actually, only a couple) based on the Broncos performance today. Thanks a lot!

broncocalijohn
12-29-2011, 04:30 PM
KC has their QB. They aren't drafting one. Croyle has looked good for having a horrible OL and only 2 big time playmakers.

The QB class this year is weak anyways. I don't see a QB that has anything more to offer than Croyle

BUMP!
If you really want to know what KCStud is about, I found this one.

BTW, I think we did ok winning that last game and having the 12th pick in the draft. As for the Chiefs not getting a QB...

Bronx33
12-29-2011, 04:31 PM
I cant wait to see Pioli screw this draft up.

oubronco
12-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Has anyone seen crazyhorse in a while?

Ironlung
12-29-2011, 04:48 PM
BUMP!

BTW, I think we did ok winning that last game and having the 12th pick in the draft. As for the Chiefs not getting a QB...

Just wow...This explains a lot.

Bronx33
12-29-2011, 04:50 PM
2X4 you go girl! you got this football thingie down hardcore.

CEH
12-29-2011, 04:57 PM
BUMP!

Be nice if this KC fan was actaully correct on one of his many KC Chiefs opinions. I can't remember one. Just alot of hot air

Bronx33
12-29-2011, 05:00 PM
I'll bet you brodies whimsical hair clouded 2x4 thought process.

KCStud
12-29-2011, 08:28 PM
BUMP!

1. KC didn't draft a QB.
2. The only good QB in that entire draft was Matt Ryan (Joe Flacco isn't a franchise QB).
Also other QB's like Colt Brennan, John David Booty and Matt Flynn have done nothing just like Croyle, so like I said there were no upgrades to Croyle that we could get, especially a franchise QB.
3. 2008 was one of the best draft class' in team history which gave us Charles, Flowers, Carr and Albert (who has been just as good as Clady the last 2 seasons). All above average players. Nice try numbnutz.

Thanks for taking the time out of your schedule to go back 4 years to look like an idiot.

Bronco Rob
12-29-2011, 08:32 PM

The QB class this year is weak anyways. I don't see a QB that has anything more to offer than Croyle*

:thumbsup:

Matt Ryan, QB Boston College*
Joe Flacco, QB Delaware

lol

Kaylore
12-29-2011, 08:34 PM
"Brody Croyle is better than Joe Flacco"

-KCSheepstud 2011

KCStud
12-29-2011, 08:35 PM

Yup Herm had his QB. Said we weren't drafting one and we didn't. And I was right. Do I have to draw pictures for you to understand this point? Ha!

Bronco Rob
12-29-2011, 08:38 PM
The QB class this year is weak anyways. I don't see a QB that has anything more to offer than Croyle*

Matt Ryan, QB Boston College*
Joe Flacco, QB Delaware

lol

KCStud
12-29-2011, 08:38 PM

-KCSheepstud 2011

Haha yes because Flacco is clearly lighting it up. Yup he's better than Croyle, but he's no franchise QB.

Bronco Rob
12-29-2011, 08:43 PM
Haha yes because Flacco is clearly lighting it up. Yup he's better than Croyle, but he's no franchise QB.

Flaco has 4 playoff wins in 3 seasons

Kansas City has 3 in 42 seasons..

LOL

KCStud
12-29-2011, 08:44 PM
The Baltimore defense has 4 playoff wins in 3 seasons

Kansas City has 3 in 42 seasons and Denver has 1 in over a decade..

LOL

Fixed it for you

KCStud
12-29-2011, 08:45 PM
This is fun. Shall I dig back and bring up crow from this board when Moreno, Ayers or Moss were drafted?

Bronco Rob
12-29-2011, 08:47 PM
This is fun. Shall I dig back and bring up crow from this board when Moreno, Ayers or Moss were drafted?

Please do. I called Knowshon 'NO-show' on this board and got hammered for it.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

?

ColoradoBuff
12-29-2011, 08:49 PM
OWNED!:thanku:

LOL

broncocalijohn
12-29-2011, 09:50 PM

LOL

He should stop while he is way behind. Flacco is not a franchis QB yet he has been their starting QB since he got there and has 4 playoffe wins. Let us know KC"stud" when Baltimore starts looking for that franchise QB. Glad I found this thread even when I was looking for something entirely different to embarrass the Chiefs franchise and their fans.

BTW, I was looking for a thread I made that was Lipstencil's style of "Show us what was going on when Chiefs won their last playoff game" but couldnt find it. Mid 90s variety of great pictures of events going on waaaaay back then.

doonwise
12-29-2011, 10:05 PM

The WAY over pay days are over.

broncocalijohn
12-29-2011, 10:44 PM
The WAY over pay days are over.

I think you need to realize that this is a 4 year old thread and we are picking around 25th this coming offseason.

Crushaholic
12-29-2011, 11:27 PM
Has anyone seen crazyhorse in a while?

I'd really like to know the answer to that question. I know he's had some major health problems. I hope he's still roaming this big blue ball...

bronco610
12-30-2011, 12:49 AM
I'd really like to know the answer to that question. I know he's had some major health problems. I hope he's still roaming this big blue ball...

spoke to him couple of weeks ago, he's hanging in there.

Bronco Rob
12-30-2011, 09:54 PM

LOL

:approve:

Doggcow
12-31-2011, 12:29 AM
In all fairness, they both suck fat dick. Jamarcus Russel could probably win some playoff games for Baltimore too.

Bronco Rob
01-08-2012, 12:24 AM

-KCSheepstud 2011

;)