PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall on Sportscenter

SoDak Bronco
11-20-2007, 02:38 AM
Brandon Marshall joined Emmitt, Steve Young, and Stuart Scott and it was one of the only times I've seen him really get the exposure, and chance to field a few questions. He said how he is ready to be a big-time receiver, and they joked he def. didn't lack confidence. He said how Jay Cutler has really became the leader on offense.. said the blow-out loss to the Lions really helped propell the team to where they are now. Emmit joked that he needs to run North South, brandon said every once in a while you need to go pop warner..haha

All and all I was very impressed with him, and he did a nice job of representing himself, saying he needs to stay humbe. Good Game, and props to Brandon, I hope he keeps it up, and stays out of trouble off the field!!

DB_champ24
11-20-2007, 02:42 AM
this offense is beginning to really show what it can do on a consistent basis..and hopefully it reaches its peak and it will be scary

DBroncos4life
11-20-2007, 02:52 AM
I wonder what this team would look like on O if it wasn't all beat up.

SoDak Bronco
11-20-2007, 03:00 AM
O line did really a good job tonight...I was expecting Kyle Vandenbosh to dominated, but the line really held it together...props to them...Meyers and Kup are doing a heck of a job.

bpc
11-20-2007, 04:05 AM
Interior OLine and Lepsis had a great game. Pears still sucks.

BMarsh says all the right things about Cutler. I just wish he would turn the corner in his personal life. Great talent though.

Hogan11
11-20-2007, 05:06 AM
Marshall had a good game, no question about it. He's still a bit too brash for my personal liking (I was relieved he didn't get a taunting flag on his TD reception when he was waving his finger at the DB on his way into the EZ) but he's still young and developing, so maybe some maturity will come with that development....I hope so anyways.

Broncoman13
11-20-2007, 09:40 AM
Brandon Marshall is a fun player to watch. The pump action when running the end around, the broken tackle and 50 yard TD, even the 12 yard loss where he went "pop warner" was fun. You never know what you're going to get with this kid but you know it's going to be his best effort and he's not going to just give up easily. Another thing I like about him, he's having fun. I love watching Hines Ward b/c he's ALWAYS smiling on the field. Brandon Marshall is the same way. Hopefully a little bit of Hines' attitude will touch Brandon as well. The sky is the limit for him!!!

ludo21
11-20-2007, 09:48 AM
We had a guy in the past who talked a lot... I like this one too. Go B marsh!

Atwater His Ass
11-20-2007, 10:32 AM

BMarsh says all the right things about Cutler. I just wish he would turn the corner in his personal life. Great talent though.

I'm sure he's moved on. Maybe people around here should too. He's just a kid that's made a couple mistakes, just like all of us. It's called growing up, but he has to do it under the national spotlight.

I love having Marshall on this team. He's going to be really good for us for a long time.

broncofan2438
11-20-2007, 10:34 AM
Love this kid

fontaine
11-20-2007, 10:36 AM
Anyone catch that pan cake block he laid on Travis Laboy?

That was pretty sweet.

Atwater His Ass
11-20-2007, 10:38 AM

That was pretty sweet.

The guy is just a freaking stud.

People around here are so fickle though. Last week you could hardly find anyone supporting this kid, but after a nice game and a win, they all love him.

cutthemdown
11-20-2007, 10:40 AM
Since I have been on him I have to say that Meyers played really well last night and I was impressed by him.

bpc
11-20-2007, 10:43 AM
I'm sure he's moved on. Maybe people around here should too. He's just a kid that's made a couple mistakes, just like all of us. It's called growing up, but he has to do it under the national spotlight.

I love having Marshall on this team. He's going to be really good for us for a long time.

I think he is a great talent. He's had a questionable character so far. I'm willing to give him the chance because of what he can do on the field though. If he puts it all together he could be very good... better than Eddie Mac, or Rod.

Los Broncos
11-20-2007, 10:59 AM
Pears cant block anyone. the rest did a good job.

Marshall was unreal, but he continues to make some bone headed plays, his routes were spot on.

Atwater His Ass
11-20-2007, 11:00 AM
I think he is a great talent. He's had a questionable character so far. I'm willing to give him the chance because of what he can do on the field though. If he puts it all together he could be very good... better than Eddie Mac, or Rod.

Fair enough.

Phantom
11-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Got to have a few "Rah-Rah!" guys on your team, to keep it loose and fun.
This kid loves the game. He supports his team mates - always celebrating with them - and gives himself up on the blocks to help the team.
What's not to love?

DivineLegion
11-20-2007, 12:46 PM
That block on the Andre Hall run was sick...He ran from the TE position to the middle of the second level and dove in to make the key block on a pulling DE. His containment block and his 50 yrd TD were the plays of the game if you ask me.

ayjackson
11-20-2007, 12:59 PM
I thought Lepsis played really well - got off on the snap count very quickly. I didn't think Pears played poorly outside of a penalty or two, but we can always put Harris at RT next year and get another year out of Lepsis at LT.

I don't think Lepsis worked so hard to come back from his ACL injury only to retire in a couple of months.

Inkana7
11-20-2007, 01:20 PM
Since I have been on him I have to say that Meyers played really well last night and I was impressed by him.

Chris "I Love the University of Miami" Myers?

lod01
11-20-2007, 01:26 PM

That was pretty sweet.

Not only is he a terror as a blocker, but there is no one in the league that fights off tacklers like Brandon Marshall.

Popps
11-20-2007, 01:26 PM
Just sit back and envision this team with a healthy Marshall and Walker! It's nuts.

BlaK-Argentina
11-20-2007, 01:29 PM
Not only is he a terror as a blocker, but there is no one in the league that fights off tacklers like Brandon Marshall.

Exactly. I don't think I've ever seen someone take him down on the first try. Is there anyone in the league who can tackle this guy one on one?

orange 4 life
11-20-2007, 01:33 PM
this offense is beginning to really show what it can do on a consistent basis..and hopefully it reaches its peak and it will be scary

too bad rod wont make it back this season (and based on his comments yesterday probably not ever again) but the return of javon walker could really make this offense special.

while many people were starting to hammer cutler earlier in the year, i was actually getting MORE on his bandwagon.
sure, his TARGET during his tirade in the san diego game was unwarranted, but his EMOTION was both welcome and NECESSARY.

also, while some were starting to criticize his propencity for throwing picks, i think it needed to be noted that he was sans walker, henry, jackson, and scheffler.
he was throwing to marshall (with whom he developed a fine chemistry rather quickly), stokley, martinez (did anyone see him playing a role?), and a butter fingers graham.

the kid has been fantastic, especially when you look at the circumstances.

jake

Billy Clyde Puckett
11-20-2007, 01:43 PM

Agree. I hope he keeps his personal life clean and doesn't become an ass on the field. I don't care if he wants to be the class clown like Sharp, but he needs to be careful about the hotdogging. Could have easily dropped that ball he held out while crossing the goal line.

My only concern as a football player is that he sometimes seems to lose control of his body and leave himself open for big shots.

Houshyamama
11-20-2007, 01:46 PM
He plays with heart and that is quickly making him one of my favorite Broncos. Give the guy some slack, it ain't always easy being young and rich.

I keep thinking, how good is this receiving corps going to be when Walker gets back? Wowzers.

TheDave
11-20-2007, 01:46 PM
Kid definately has Million dollar talent... I'm just afraid i will always be worried about his .10 cent head

Houshyamama
11-20-2007, 01:48 PM
too bad rod wont make it back this season (and based on his comments yesterday probably not ever again)

Anyone think there is a possibility Rod will stay on as a coach?

Goobzilla
11-20-2007, 01:49 PM
Marshall was unreal, but he continues to make some bone headed plays, his routes were spot on.

You mean like when he's carrying the ball like a loaf of bread in traffic? I appreciate the effort but he's gotta tuck it away, especially in the middle of the field.

chawknz
11-20-2007, 01:51 PM
I loved the pump fake. He had two defenders coming at him, and when he did it, they both turned the other way. It was great.

Los Broncos
11-20-2007, 02:10 PM
You mean like when he's carrying the ball like a loaf of bread in traffic? I appreciate the effort but he's gotta tuck it away, especially in the middle of the field.

On that reverse he tried to make to much happen.

Goobzilla
11-20-2007, 02:13 PM

Agreed. The good news is he's young and maybe that kind of stuff can be coached out of him. The upside is his size, his strength and his speed. He's one tough SOB to bring down and I like that. Doesn't seem like a bad guy at all, I hope he's here for a very long time.

Los Broncos
11-20-2007, 02:18 PM
Agreed. The good news is he's young and maybe that kind of stuff can be coached out of him. The upside is his size, his strength and his speed. He's one tough SOB to bring down and I like that. Doesn't seem like a bad guy at all, I hope he's here for a very long time.

Yep, total package with Marshall.

Unstoppable is soon to come.

CoBear23
11-20-2007, 03:35 PM
Anyone think there is a possibility Rod will stay on as a coach?

I was thinking the same thing, a la Jimmy Spencer

Fusionfrontman
11-20-2007, 03:46 PM
I love Marshall and he's prob my favorite player aside from Rod. Really special kid and I LOVED the finger wave into the endzone. Bording taunting tho but i love that he has so much emotion and smiling and you can see he gives his all every play and loves what he does. He has charisma and isn't vanilla. I have not felt this way about a player having a personality and not being like Bellichick when he talks in a while.
Marshall Cutler and Elvis are gonna be SO good it's great.
Oh yeah and Stokely has turned out to be much better than I anticipated

Dedhed
11-20-2007, 03:56 PM

Yeah, doing everything he can to pick up a first down on 3rd down. What's wrong with him?

Los Broncos
11-20-2007, 04:00 PM
Yeah, doing everything he can to pick up a first down on 3rd down. What's wrong with him?

I know, but he lost yards on the process.

He should of just made one cut or went out of bounds, and he almost fumbled.

baja
11-20-2007, 05:15 PM
too bad rod wont make it back this season (and based on his comments yesterday probably not ever again) but the return of javon walker could really make this offense special.

<b>while many people were starting to hammer cutler earlier in the year,</b> i was actually getting MORE on his bandwagon.
sure, his TARGET during his tirade in the san diego game was unwarranted, but his EMOTION was both welcome and NECESSARY.

also, while some were starting to criticize his propencity for throwing picks, i think it needed to be noted that he was sans walker, henry, jackson, and scheffler.
he was throwing to marshall (with whom he developed a fine chemistry rather quickly), stokley, martinez (did anyone see him playing a role?), and a butter fingers graham.

the kid has been fantastic, especially when you look at the circumstances.

jake

Actually I have been quite amazed that almost no one was bad mouthing Cutler at all.

baja
11-20-2007, 05:20 PM
Kid definately has Million dollar talent... I'm just afraid i will always be worried about his .10 cent head

Just what has he done to deserve this bad rep? The cell phone thing.

What I see is a kid playing his ass off every game, even the games where some team mates have quit. What I see is a star in the making.

Punisher
11-20-2007, 05:29 PM

pears does not suck

MechanicalBull
11-20-2007, 05:35 PM

That's how I feel about him. Cutler is young like that too when he tries to force balls or doesn't look off one receiver but they are both only in their second years so I don't see anything wrong with it. They both have a ton of talent and loads of potential.

DarkHorse
11-20-2007, 06:03 PM
I like him and all but......... I really really worry about the person he would become if he/when he finally gets league recognition. He's fun right now, but he has that personality, IMO, that could easily blossom into primadonna status.

mattob14
11-20-2007, 07:03 PM

Interesting you say that, because when I watch Marshall I keep seeing shades of McCafferey in his game. They're similar sized players and Marshall uses his body to shield defenders much like Eddie Mac did. Of course, because of that, both players have/had a tendency to leave themselves open to more shots than I'd care to see. Both also have the strength to break tackles and fight for yardage. Finally, McCafferey was probably the best blocking WR I've ever seen and Marshall is quickly moving to that level. Brandon definitely is more explosive and has higher upside, but watching him does bring back some memories at times.

Bronx33
11-20-2007, 07:04 PM
Anybody got a gif of marshall dumping that dude last night?

baja
11-20-2007, 07:08 PM
I like him and all but......... I really really worry about the person he would become if he/when he finally gets league recognition. He's fun right now, but he has that personality, IMO, that could easily blossom into primadonna status.

Wouldn't it be great if Rod could give yet another gift to the Broncos in that maybe he can help Marshall move through the challenges of fame.

DarkHorse
11-21-2007, 12:57 AM
Wouldn't it be great if Rod could give yet another gift to the Broncos in that maybe he can help Marshall move through the challenges of fame.

Yeah would be great but I think back to Chris Carter mentoring Randy Moss - at first it was great, Carter retires Moss becomes Moss.

Rod won't be around forever to hold his hand - being optimistic, I hope that Brandon is smart enough to look around the league at similar situations and keep himself in check. But, he's young and that worries me. Some of his actions, worry me.

SportinOne
11-21-2007, 06:04 AM
Marshall is NOTHING like Moss. The main problem with Moss is that he would often take plays off. Marshall takes every play as far as it will go. That 3rd down play last night was not risky at all (aside from the way he carries the ball). If he can make something happen he keeps the drive moving. If he can't we still punt anyway. What did he lose, 7 yards? So what. I like the pump fake, it shows that the game isn't moving too fast for him and he is comfortable enough to be able to think in tight situations. That's huge.

Hogan11
11-21-2007, 06:17 AM
Marshall's only real problem at this point is a lack of maturity and experience....both of which will hopefully come sooner or later.

His unabashedly adoring cult's stunning lack of objectivity has him already as one of the NFL's elite WR's....which is clearly wrong at this point. As with Cutler, Marshall is a young player not out of that developing stage yet, despite the militant insistance by his cult to the contrary.

Broncoman13
11-21-2007, 08:39 AM

For the record, the reverse is where he pump faked and ended up getting about 8 yards. I think the play you are thinking of was the quick pass that he cut back accross the field and ended up losing 12 yards. I catch your drift though, there was one point where he should have just turned up field and picked up some yardage, but he was going for the homerun, eventually he'll realize that he doesn't quite have the speed for that and he's more likely to break tackles or stiff arm than he is to outrun an NFL Defender.

Inkana7
11-21-2007, 11:44 AM
I loved the playcalling monday night. Shanny is never afraid to try something new. i.e. the shotgun pitch.

DarkHorse
08-28-2009, 06:54 PM

Who would have thought?

:~ohyah!:

Garcia Bronco
08-28-2009, 06:55 PM
who would have thought?

:~ohyah!:

lol

TheDave
08-28-2009, 07:00 PM

Well said Dave... :thumbs:

TheDave
08-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Just what has he done to deserve this bad rep? The cell phone thing.

What I see is a kid playing his ass off every game, even the games where some team mates have quit. What I see is a star in the making.

So this is Baja's fault... we see right here you gave him the Darius Watts Kiss of death.