PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Avalanche (HOME)

Pages : 1 [2]

chadta
03-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Ya clean but you can't tell me the player don't know where those partitions are and svatos cross checked from behind was pathetic.

video ?

i saw the smyth thing, hopefully hes ok, thats just one of those freak things that happens, what about this hit from behind ? you do realize that it wasnt done by a flyer so no further action will be takin.

Pendejo
03-02-2008, 12:31 PM
video ?

i saw the smyth thing, hopefully hes ok, thats just one of those freak things that happens, what about this hit from behind? you do realize that it wasnt done by a flyer so no further action will be takin.

Svatos was going after a puck in the corner...got cross checked from behind by Klemm near the boards. At that point his left leg went a weird way, and he smashed into the boards. A penalty was called on the play, but Salei put the puck in the net.

I think the gripe with that call is that Klemm was only given 2 minutes. I think people were looking for a boarding, or an intent to injure penalty. Something more severe.

It's over and done with now, and the Kings still suck.

Bronx33
03-02-2008, 12:59 PM
video ?

i saw the smyth thing, hopefully hes ok, thats just one of those freak things that happens, what about this hit from behind ? you do realize that it wasnt done by a flyer so no further action will be takin.

I can't find any video all i can say is klemms hit was completely unnecessary and why it wasn't called a boarding baffles me.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&page=Recap&gameNumber=986&season=20072008&gameType=2

edit:I noticed that Pendejo said klemm got 2 minutes and tell ya the truth i was cooking stuff on the grill when svatos got smoked so i was running up and down the stairs.

Bronx33
03-02-2008, 01:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0wuraHWRGg

24champ
03-02-2008, 04:27 PM
No, karma is that piece of crap Marc Crawford coaching a team that is 9 points behind the next worst team in the conference.
Are you ****ing kidding me? Coach smack? Yeah your coach is about to be inducted in the Choke Artist Hall of Fame right next to Marty Schottenheimer. Seriously I think when Jack Johnson put Smyth out of commission all of the Av fans got a concussion too.

So no it was Karma on Smyth. That POS was spearing our goalie intentionally in the last game we played. What comes around goes around KidA, and if you watched the game Frolov got the same exact hit from Lappy. Difference is that Frolov is smart enough to have his chin straps on tight.

phillybroncosnut
03-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Thats pretty much the same hit that changed the rules that every player must wear a helmet. Brad Marsh of the Flyers was hit like that and the new rule was introduced shortly after. It wasnt a dirty hit. Just an unfortunate situation. It's tough to intend/plan to ride a player into the glass like tha.

chadta
03-02-2008, 08:42 PM
your all class champ, keep it up

Kid A
03-02-2008, 09:30 PM
Are you ****ing kidding me? Coach smack? Yeah your coach is about to be inducted in the Choke Artist Hall of Fame right next to Marty Schottenheimer. Seriously I think when Jack Johnson put Smyth out of commission all of the Av fans got a concussion too.

So no it was Karma on Smyth. That POS was spearing our goalie intentionally in the last game we played. What comes around goes around KidA, and if you watched the game Frolov got the same exact hit from Lappy. Difference is that Frolov is smart enough to have his chin straps on tight.

Whatever. Seeing as a hit that injured a well-respected player is the lone "highlight" of you godawful team's season, I'll let you enjoy it, sig and all.

Breck Bronc
03-02-2008, 09:32 PM

So no it was Karma on Smyth. That POS was spearing our goalie intentionally in the last game we played. What comes around goes around KidA, and if you watched the game Frolov got the same exact hit from Lappy. Difference is that Frolov is smart enough to have his chin straps on tight.You're an idiot. There's no way Smyth intentionally speared LaBarbera. He was jamming at a lose puck in the crease, which is exactly how he plays the game and makes his money. It's unfotunate LaBarbera got injured. And that didn't happen in the last game between the Kings and Avs. LaBarbera missed a little over two weeks and came back against, you guessed it, Ryan Smyth and the Avalanche. Hopefully Smyth only misses around the same amount of time.

Finally, your sig is tasteless. But I wouldn't expect anything less from a Kings fan. Reading the letsgokings.com message boards during the 2001 and 2002 playoffs proved your fanbase is bottom of the barrell.

24champ
03-02-2008, 09:41 PM
your all class champ, keep it up

It was a clean hit, just that theres a bunch of ****ing babies here in Denver.

chadta
03-02-2008, 09:46 PM
It was a clean hit, just that theres a bunch of ****ing babies here in Denver.

i never said it wasnt a clean hit, it was, it was also unfortunate that smyth got injured, this reminds me of when brian campbell laid out rj umberger in the playoffs a few years ago, and while hes still motionless on the ice the crew in buffalo show the replay over and over, and the fans chear, another classy move.

big hits are good, they become unfortunate when the guy dosent get up tho, and to brag about takin somebody out is just classless, but then coming from a queens fan this shouldnt surprise anybody.

24champ
03-02-2008, 09:54 PM
You're an idiot. There's no way Smyth intentionally speared LaBarbera. He was jamming at a lose puck in the crease, which is exactly how he plays the game and makes his money.

The only idiots I saw where about 18,000 or so morons at Pepsi Center chanting "We Want Parker" after the CLEAN HIT, yeah that's f***ing classy.

Smyth isn't a angel. I watched that game and I saw with my own two eyes that he was jamming his stick blade at Labarbera in the rib area. Not where the puck was.

Hopefully someone tells Smyth to tighten up his chinstrap so maybe then he won't dribble his coconut off the ice like that again.

Reading the letsgokings.com message boards during the 2001 and 2002 playoffs proved your fanbase is bottom of the barrell.

And after witnessing the game last night in person, I could not believe how many ****tards were in attendance. I got harassed verbally after that hit, for what? Because a King player made a clean hit and your guy got knocked the **** out? They should move the Franchise back to Quebec where they understand hockey...

phillybroncosnut
03-02-2008, 10:01 PM
Here the way I see it. If your player gets knocked out, whether clean or not, you want retribution. That's just the way it is. Why is 18,000 fans chanting "we want Parker" classless? They should want him. In my opinion, rubbing the Avs fans noses in it with your siggy is not cool. You are more then free to keep it, not that I can make you take it down, but, don't expect to make any friends with it.
Like I said before, it was a clean, yet, unfortunate thing. Just like the incident Chad spoke of. Per the NHL, Campbell's hit on Umberger was "not illegal" ( I still struggle to see the difference between an elbow and shoulder pad. I think the shoulder does more damage with the hard plastic pads driving into someone's face). The point is, the fans of a team who's player gets knocked out, whether clean hit or not, they want someone to pay.
You're siggy just adds fuel to the fire.

24champ
03-02-2008, 10:12 PM
i never said it wasnt a clean hit, it was, it was also unfortunate that smyth got injured, this reminds me of when brian campbell laid out rj umberger in the playoffs a few years ago, and while hes still motionless on the ice the crew in buffalo show the replay over and over, and the fans chear, another classy move.

big hits are good, they become unfortunate when the guy dosent get up tho, and to brag about takin somebody out is just classless, but then coming from a queens fan this shouldnt surprise anybody.

It was a clean hit, no big deal. I'm not cheering the injury, just the hit. Smyth wasn't bleeding from the neck or knocked out because of a dirty hit. He got the wind knocked out of him and should have tightened his chin straps and if he did he would have ended up like Frolov got hit the same way from Lappy and bounced right back up.

chadta
03-02-2008, 10:12 PM
what about this hit ? was it ok ? (http://www.nhlfightclub.com/vbtube_show.php?do=tube&tubeid=719&t=1419)

LOL

24champ
03-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Here the way I see it. If your player gets knocked out, whether clean or not, you want retribution. That's just the way it is. Why is 18,000 fans chanting "we want Parker" classless? They should want him. In my opinion, rubbing the Avs fans noses in it with your siggy is not cool. You are more then free to keep it, not that I can make you take it down, but, don't expect to make any friends with it.
Like I said before, it was a clean, yet, unfortunate thing. Just like the incident Chad spoke of. Per the NHL, Campbell's hit on Umberger was "not illegal" ( I still struggle to see the difference between an elbow and shoulder pad. I think the shoulder does more damage with the hard plastic pads driving into someone's face). The point is, the fans of a team who's player gets knocked out, whether clean hit or not, they want someone to pay.
You're siggy just adds fuel to the fire.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. JMFJ made a clean hit, theres nothing borderline about it like you say with the Campbell hit. In fact it was impressive in the way he skated so fast to catch up to Smyth. Unfortunate that he got knocked out, but that's his fault since he risked himself by having those chinstraps loose. Like I told my avalanche friend,If you don't like the sight of your player getting knocked out from a clean hit, then go watch the ice capades.

24champ
03-02-2008, 10:21 PM
what about this hit ? was it ok ? (http://www.nhlfightclub.com/vbtube_show.php?do=tube&tubeid=719&t=1419)

LOL

Maybe this is what you are looking for...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Cha-4ZQF3JU&feature=related

Breck Bronc
03-03-2008, 12:43 AM
The only idiots I saw where about 18,000 or so morons at Pepsi Center chanting "We Want Parker" after the CLEAN HIT, yeah that's ****ing classy.

Smyth isn't a angel. I watched that game and I saw with my own two eyes that he was jamming his stick blade at Labarbera in the rib area. Not where the puck was.

Hopefully someone tells Smyth to tighten up his chinstrap so maybe then he won't dribble his coconut off the ice like that again.

And after witnessing the game last night in person, I could not believe how many ****tards were in attendance. I got harassed verbally after that hit, for what? Because a King player made a clean hit and your guy got knocked the **** out? They should move the Franchise back to Quebec where they understand hockey...Has anyone said that Jack Johnson's -- as an aside, I love all the hyperbole with Johnson and his "nickname"; the kid hasn't won anything, be it at Michigan, World Jrs, and obviously the NHL -- hit on Smyth was dirty? No. The dirty hit was Klemm on Svatos. Nobody wanted retribution on Klemm because he's been a contributor to 2 Stanley Cup teams in Denver, he's not a dirty player, and the player he hit didn't go off on a stretcher.

As far as the fans chanting for Parker, good for them. Johnson knew he had to answer, even if it was a clean hit. He should be glad it was Lappy that went after him and not Parker (and that Blake stepped in). You hit a star player, even if it's a clean check, prepare to fight. Laperierre knocked Niklas Lidstrom out with a clean check last month and fought the Red Wings enforcer soon after.

Ryan Smyth has never had the reputation as a dirty player. Also, do you know what kind of padding goalies wear? Their ribs are protected against 90+ MPH slap shots, let alone a stick to the midsection. It was a fluke that LaBarbera got injured.

You can stop with the chin strap bullish. Unless having a tight chinstrap protects one against a separated shoulder or broken collarbone, which is the rumored injury that's going to keep him out.

Have you ever been to a Frozen Fury game in Las Vegas? Getting verbally harassed by Kings fans is an annual rite for Avalanche fans in Vegas. I'm quite happy the hear you got some harassment back. I think you've already mentioned karma a few times and this would apply to the treatment you received at the Pepsi Center.

Even if Quebec got back the Nordiques we'd still have big time NCAA hockey in Denver. Does USC or UCLA have a D1 hockey team? While we're at it, why don't we move the Dodgers back to Brooklyn and the Lakers back to Minneapolis. That way L.A. can claim no professional championships (unless you guys want to include your buddies from Anaheim Hilarious!

Bronx33
03-03-2008, 01:11 AM
The only idiots I saw where about 18,000 or so morons at Pepsi Center chanting "We Want Parker" after the CLEAN HIT, yeah that's ****ing classy.

And after witnessing the game last night in person, I could not believe how many ****tards were in attendance. I got harassed verbally after that hit, for what? Because a King player made a clean hit and your guy got knocked the **** out? They should move the Franchise back to Quebec where they understand hockey...

Take it easy that kinda shyt happens at every arena in the league even original six teams have their share of idiots take a deep breath and move on.

24champ
03-03-2008, 01:45 AM
Has anyone said that Jack Johnson's -- as an aside, I love all the hyperbole with Johnson and his "nickname"; the kid hasn't won anything, be it at Michigan, World Jrs, and obviously the NHL -- hit on Smyth was dirty? No. The dirty hit was Klemm on Svatos. Nobody wanted retribution on Klemm because he's been a contributor to 2 Stanley Cup teams in Denver, he's not a dirty player, and the player he hit didn't go off on a stretcher.

Yeah he hasn't won anything yet, granted he is 20 years old and is logging in over 20 minutes of ice time for the Kings. JMFJ is going to be one of the best defensemen in the league for years to come. He is physical and is very gifted offensively too. So its a very rare combination for a D-man. I find the double standard funny here, Klemm is the one that delivers what one could call a dirty hit and no retribution but JMFJ delivers a clean hit and there is blood to be had.

As far as the fans chanting for Parker, good for them. Johnson knew he had to answer, even if it was a clean hit. He should be glad it was Lappy that went after him and not Parker (and that Blake stepped in). You hit a star player, even if it's a clean check, prepare to fight. Laperierre knocked Niklas Lidstrom out with a clean check last month and fought the Red Wings enforcer soon after.

Fans were retards after that hit, nothing more needs to be said. I'm all for retribution after a dirty hit but not after a clean hit and when the player that was cleanly checked risked himself to further injury by not using his chin straps properly.

Ryan Smyth has never had the reputation as a dirty player. Also, do you know what kind of padding goalies wear? Their ribs are protected against 90+ MPH slap shots, let alone a stick to the midsection. It was a fluke that LaBarbera got injured.

Smyth isn't an angel,I know he got into a fight in the Avalanche training camp. I've seen enough of Ryan Smyth to know he isn't a clean player.

Well thanks for that wonderful explanation of the injury...just a fluke...riiiigghhht. ::)

You can stop with the chin strap bullish. Unless having a tight chinstrap protects one against a separated shoulder or broken collarbone, which is the rumored injury that's going to keep him out.

Well for now its a rumor and had he worn his helmet properly, he would have gotten up and skated to the bench and complained about his shoulder or whatever the rumor is.

Have you ever been to a Frozen Fury game in Las Vegas? Getting verbally harassed by Kings fans is an annual rite for Avalanche fans in Vegas. I'm quite happy the hear you got some harassment back. I think you've already mentioned karma a few times and this would apply to the treatment you received at the Pepsi Center.

Well for one, I wasn't bothering anyone and didn't say a friggin word about the hit. I was silent and clapped when he got stretched off with the hit. After that JMFJ didn't get a penalty and then the booing and harassment ensued. As if I somehow was involved in the hit. :giggle:

As for Frozen Fury, Yes I have, about 3 times. I have to say though that bringing up Frozen Fury is a dumb argument. For one it is Vegas, 80% of the fans are going to be extremely drunk and stupid. So expecting otherwise like everyone holding hands and singing Kumbya...it just wasn't going to happen. Fact is this was a regular season game and everything was fine up till that hit and that is when stupidity ensued.

Even if Quebec got back the Nordiques we'd still have big time NCAA hockey in Denver. Does USC or UCLA have a D1 hockey team? While we're at it, why don't we move the Dodgers back to Brooklyn and the Lakers back to Minneapolis. That way L.A. can claim no professional championships (unless you guys want to include your buddies from Anaheim

USC and UCLA has hockey clubs actually. Why do we have to move the Lakers and Dodgers out of LA? They actually have knowledgeable fans that actually know the rules of their respective sports. I understand it might be a rough transition for the Avalanche fans who previously pre-occupied their time watching Rodeos and whatnot during the winter.

defenseman
03-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Johnson wasn't trying to hurt smythe. It was clean. He'll be back soon enough.....dman

chadta
03-03-2008, 06:48 PM
They should move the Franchise back to Quebec where they understand hockey...

NO

the team never should have left quebec, but thats another discussion for another time.

Breck Bronc
03-03-2008, 08:05 PM
Smyth isn't an angel,I know he got into a fight in the Avalanche training camp. I've seen enough of Ryan Smyth to know he isn't a clean player. Nothing more needs to be said. Ryan Smyth got into a fight at training camp. He should not continue to be considered one of the most respected players in the NHL.

Maybe you should go to a rodeo while you're in our cowtown since this hockey thing doesn't suit you well.

Pendejo
03-03-2008, 09:25 PM
According to yahoo...Svatos has a torn ACL, and is done for the season. Smyth has a concussion, and a slight shoulder separation and won't return until he doesn't have any symptoms.

Forsberg will decide whether or not he'll play after practice tomorrow morning.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=Aspz.0OSzkhAWm67Ut7S2wF7vLYF?slug=ap-avalanche-forsberg&prov=ap&type=lgns

Svatos tore his ACL in the second period when he slid hard into the boards. He’ll undergo surgery and will be out for the remainder of the season.

Smyth suffered a concussion and a minor shoulder separation after Kings defenseman Jack Johnson checked him into the padded glass partition near the Colorado bench. The Avalanche said Smyth won’t return to the ice until he shows no lingering signs of the concussion.

phillybroncosnut
03-03-2008, 09:56 PM
According to yahoo...Svatos has a torn ACL, and is done for the season. Smyth has a concussion, and a slight shoulder separation and won't return until he doesn't have any symptoms.

Forsberg will decide whether or not he'll play after practice tomorrow morning.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=Aspz.0OSzkhAWm67Ut7S2wF7vLYF?slug=ap-avalanche-forsberg&prov=ap&type=lgns

Svatos tore his ACL in the second period when he slid hard into the boards. He’ll undergo surgery and will be out for the remainder of the season.

Smyth suffered a concussion and a minor shoulder separation after Kings defenseman Jack Johnson checked him into the padded glass partition near the Colorado bench. The Avalanche said Smyth won’t return to the ice until he shows no lingering signs of the concussion.

Christ... You guys are almost as snake bit as the Flyers!

24champ
03-03-2008, 11:00 PM
Nothing more needs to be said. Ryan Smyth got into a fight at training camp. He should not continue to be considered one of the most respected players in the NHL.

Maybe you should go to a rodeo while you're in our cowtown since this hockey thing doesn't suit you well.

Guess we just disagree on Ryan Smyth being the cleanest player in the NHL.

Next time I think he will have his chin straps on a little tighter.

24champ
03-03-2008, 11:01 PM
NO

the team never should have left quebec, but thats another discussion for another time.

Winnipeg belongs in that "discussion" as well...

chadta
03-04-2008, 07:04 AM
Winnipeg belongs in that "discussion" as well...

your preachin to the choir dood, id love to include hartford in that group but they dont draw no mater where they go.

funny tho, all the american cities that lost teams got new ones, colorado, atlanta, minnesota, yet the 6 canadian teams are the ones putting all the money into revenue sharing to keep teams in places like pittsburgh, nashville and carolina.

i still think we (canadians) should take our cup tell you americans to go **** yourself and find your own trophy to play for.

Pendejo
03-04-2008, 03:44 PM
Forsberg will play tonight!!!!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=231202&hubname=

Sports Network) - The turnstile that is the Avalanche's active roster continues to turn. Though down two players, Colorado will have Peter Forsberg on the ice tonight as they host the Vancouver Canucks at the Pepsi Center.

Forsberg participated in his first full-team practice on Monday since signing a one-year contract last Monday to play with Colorado through the rest of this season.

The 34-year-old Forsberg spent the first nine years of his career with the Quebec/Colorado franchise, and is fourth on the club's all-time scoring list with 741 points on 216 goals and 525 assists. He split last season with Philadelphia and Nashville and has been plagued by foot and ankle problems over the last few years.

He has yet to play in a game this season.

Forsberg's return will help compensate for the losses of Ryan Smyth and Marek Svatos, who were both injured in Saturday's 5-2 victory over Los Angeles.

maher_tyler
03-06-2008, 02:18 AM
your preachin to the choir dood, id love to include hartford in that group but they dont draw no mater where they go.

funny tho, all the american cities that lost teams got new ones, colorado, atlanta, minnesota, yet the 6 canadian teams are the ones putting all the money into revenue sharing to keep teams in places like pittsburgh, nashville and carolina.

i still think we (canadians) should take our cup tell you americans to go **** yourself and find your own trophy to play for.

Without the U.S. the NHL wouldn't exist...be careful for what you wish for. I can imagine what it was like in Canada during the lockout..i lived in Alberta for 3 years!! (Lethbridge/Airdrie)

Bronx33
03-06-2008, 05:59 PM
Without the U.S. the NHL wouldn't exist...be careful for what you wish for. I can imagine what it was like in Canada during the lockout..i lived in Alberta for 3 years!! (Lethbridge/Airdrie)

exactly..

Bronx33
03-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Win streak five, deficit in division point after Theodore's shutout
By Rick Sadowski, Rocky Mountain News (Contact)
Originally published 09:23 p.m., March 6, 2008
Updated 02:43 a.m., March 7, 2008
Avalanche goalie Jose Theodore gets in position to stop a shot by Anaheim's Teemu Selanne during the second period of Thursday's game at the Pepsi Center. Theodore recorded a shutout as Colorado beat the Ducks 1-0.

Joe Mahoney © The Rocky

Avalanche goalie Jose Theodore gets in position to stop a shot by Anaheim's Teemu Selanne during the second period of Thursday's game at the Pepsi Center. Theodore recorded a shutout as Colorado beat the Ducks 1-0.
More Avalanche/NHL

Jose Theodore got his groove back a while ago. Wojtek Wolski is hopeful his returned Thursday night.

Theodore continued his resurgence with a perfect 27-save performance Thursday night at the Pepsi Center and Wolski scored his first goal in six weeks in the Avalanche's 1-0 victory against the Anaheim Ducks.

"I think he needed a goal," said coach Joel Quenneville, who reminded reporters that defenseman John-Michael Liles broke a 49-game drought with the winning goal Tuesday against Vancouver. "Those are two guys whose goals have to make them feel comfortable in the course of a game."

With five consecutive wins, the Avalanche has pulled one point behind first-place Minnesota in the Northwest Division with 14 games left in the regular season.

Thursday's win was especially sweet because the Avalanche lost all three previous games to the defending Stanley Cup champions by one goal, one in overtime and one in a shootout.

"Every time you play the Ducks, you know you're not going to get too many goals because they're such a good hockey team," said Theodore, who posted his second shutout of the season and the 25th of his career.

He has won five games in a row for the first time since March 2004 with the Montreal Canadiens.

Theodore had to be sharp from the start, as he made a right-pad save against Ducks forward Corey Perry on a breakaway early in the first period.

"To get a shutout, you need luck and the guys played so well," he said. "When you're only up by one goal, you don't really think about the shutout. It feels good, obviously, as a team effort because we did play really well, but it's the two points I care about.

"I don't want to get carried away. We've got to turn the page quick. We haven't achieved anything yet. We're still in a tight race."

Theodore has started 13 of the Avalanche's past 14 games and allowed two goals or fewer in 10 of them. He has posted a 1.37 goals-against average and .950 save percentage during the five-game streak.

Wolski was in a different kind of streak - 14 games without a goal - when he accepted a cross-ice pass from Andrew Brunette and shot the puck between Ducks goalie Jonas Hiller's pads at 11:59 of the second period.

The second-year left wing was excited, to say the least, as he pumped his fist after collecting his first goal since Jan. 24 against Minnesota.

"That's about the longest stretch I've ever had in my career - NHL, junior," said Wolski, who was a healthy scratch for three of the previous six games and made his way back into the lineup Tuesday, three days after Ryan Smyth and Marek Svatos went down with injuries. "When you get a goal, it's exciting. When it's a game-winning goal, it's even better."

Wolski, who is playing on a line with Brunette and Paul Stastny, had 10 assists during his goal-scoring slump, but Quenneville was looking for a better all-around game.

"You have to contribute in other ways and I wasn't at the time," Wolski said. "I think, because I'm a young guy, the coaches and the staff wanted to make sure that they were getting their point across and making sure that I was working a little harder. It was a lesson learned."

Brunette was almost as happy as Wolski when that puck went in.

"Maybe he can take this and run with it," he said.

Peter Forsberg drew one of the Ducks' four first-period penalties when he was slashed on the wrist by Perry. He left the bench area for a few minutes and missed a shift.

"It's OK," Forsberg said. "It was my skate, actually, it wasn't my wrist. I just lost an edge there, so it was no problem."

ETC.: Forsberg played 21:51 with one shot on goal and several nifty passes in his second game since rejoining the Avalanche. "The first period I was a little tired," he said. "I definitely felt the last game since I hadn't played in a while. But the longer the game went on, I thought the line played better and I played better, too. Hopefully, the points and the goals will come soon, but it's great to be back just to be a part of the team and winning games." . . . Perry left the game midway through the third period with a lacerated leg.

NUMBERS GAME

5 -game winning streak for the Avalanche, its longest since a similar streak Feb. 27 to March 7 last season.

BRUNETTE NOMINATED

Forward Andrew Brunette has been nominated for the Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy by the Colorado chapter of the Professional Hockey Writers Association. The award is given to the NHL player who best exemplifies perseverance, sportsmanship and dedication to hockey.

Brunette, 34, played in his 439th consecutive game Thursday, the longest active streak in the league. It began Jan. 2, 2002, when he was a member of the Minnesota Wild. He has 14 goals and 31 assists in 68 games and is the kind of unsung player who is valuable to any team.

Masterton, who played at the University of Denver, died after suffering a head injury in a 1968 game while playing for the Minnesota North Stars.

FINGER RETURNS

Defenseman Jeff Finger, who missed the previous six games with a hand injury, replaced Jordan Leopold in the lineup. The Avalanche has eight healthy defensemen, so coach Joel Quenneville will have some tough decisions to make the rest of the way.

"(Finger) really gives you a dimension back there that we appreciate," Quenneville said. "I think our defense has been more physical since the (trading) deadline. You put one more physical guy back there in 'Fingie' and it's a little more challenging for the opposition. Offensively, he's probably a little underrated, but he's been very consistent and deserves to play."

HE SAID IT

"It's always fun to get a shutout, but it's the win that's really good."

Jose Theodore, Avalanche goalie, on his 27-save performance.

Avalanche 1, Ducks 0

Anaheim0 0 0 - 0

Colorado0 1 0 - 1

First period - None. Penalties - Kunitz, Ana (hooking), 5:16; Perry, Ana (slashing), 10:30; Pronger, Ana, double minor (hooking, unsportsmanlike conduct), 15:12.

Second period - 1, Col, Wolski 15 (Brunette, Stastny), 11:59. Penalties - Hannan, Col, (holding), 1:10; Salei, Col, (hooking), 4:50; Kunitz, Ana (interference), 6:05.

Third period - None. Penalties - Salei, Col, (hooking), :41; Kunitz, Ana, minor-misconduct (holding stick), 19:44.

Shots - Ana 6-9-12 - 27. Col 12-11-7 - 30. Power plays - Ana 0 of 3; Col 0 of 6. Goalies - Ana, Hiller 6-5-1 (30 shots-29 saves). Col, Theodore 21-17-2 (27-27). A - 18,007 (18,007). T - 2:15. Referees - Ian Walsh, Brad Watson. Linesmen - Shane Heyer, Pierre Racicot.

Bronx33
03-08-2008, 06:20 PM
6 in a row!

Kid A
03-08-2008, 06:21 PM
Nice 3-1 win over the Stars. The streak extends to six wins. Forsberg had a pair of assists, his first points since coming back. Hell, we even scored on the PP!

Bronx33
03-08-2008, 06:26 PM
All i can say is theodore is playing fantastic and iam his biggest critic.

Bronx33
03-09-2008, 06:44 PM
Sweet if the wild lose today and we win we will move into 6th one point behind the quacks in 5th.

edit: f***! the damn sharks ice the puck with 20 seconds left and the wild score on the faceoff well it goes to shootout and the sharks win but the wild still get a point. :moon:

chadta
03-09-2008, 09:00 PM
forsberg too miss tonights game with a groim pull

Boy am i glad he didnt sign in philly

Bronx33
03-09-2008, 11:11 PM
Worse game played thus far Q clearly didn't have these guys ready (again)

chadta
03-10-2008, 07:16 PM

wrong

the nhl would exist, and it would be real hockey not this pussified crap that betman is tryin to sell to the hillbillies, go back to the days of 21 teams, heck even 24, 6 easy teams to fold, go figure they are all low attendence, mostly southern us teams Phoenix, florida, nashville, carolina, atlanta, and one of the kings, ducks or sharks, cuz no way should california have 3 teams. when the ducks can win the stanely cup and only have 15,000 show up to the parade it shows just how little they care about the sport. Now those 6 are folded, move jersey and pittsburgh to canada, cuz neither of those markets can support a team as proven by the fact that pittsburgh has gone bankrupt 3 times already and the fact that jersey even with a new arena still dosent sell out. Put st louis and the islanders on notice that if they dont do something theyre next to be folded or moved.

so we now have 4 divisions with 6 teams each, shootouts gone, instigator gone, any stick penalty is 5 minute, (highsticking, slashing) all plastics in pads are banned, gotta protect the players, Nets are like lacross nets, triangular in shape but not as deep, making it easier to do wraparounds.

im sure ive missed soemthing, but thats a good start

maher_tyler
03-11-2008, 01:53 AM
wrong

the nhl would exist, and it would be real hockey not this pussified crap that betman is tryin to sell to the hillbillies, go back to the days of 21 teams, heck even 24, 6 easy teams to fold, go figure they are all low attendence, mostly southern us teams Phoenix, florida, nashville, carolina, atlanta, and one of the kings, ducks or sharks, cuz no way should california have 3 teams. when the ducks can win the stanely cup and only have 15,000 show up to the parade it shows just how little they care about the sport. Now those 6 are folded, move jersey and pittsburgh to canada, cuz neither of those markets can support a team as proven by the fact that pittsburgh has gone bankrupt 3 times already and the fact that jersey even with a new arena still dosent sell out. Put st louis and the islanders on notice that if they dont do something theyre next to be folded or moved.

so we now have 4 divisions with 6 teams each, shootouts gone, instigator gone, any stick penalty is 5 minute, (highsticking, slashing) all plastics in pads are banned, gotta protect the players, Nets are like lacross nets, triangular in shape but not as deep, making it easier to do wraparounds.

im sure ive missed soemthing, but thats a good start

I'm not gonna argue with you, you guys live and die by hockey (not a bad thing) so i wont argue..but the reason a lot of teams in the U.S. have low attendance is because they're competing with other sports like the NFL, MLB, and NBA..Canada doesn't so when a team isn't doing so well in the States its no surprise, fans just watch the other home team like LA, the kings suck so they watch the Lakers...who else does Calgary or Edmonton or Vancouver etc. have to watch if there not doing so well...no one, so people go to the games anyways cause there isn't anyone else to root for..if Calgary had an NBA team and they were good and the Flames sucked i bet the NBA team would have a higher attendance rate..maybe, hockey is religon up there!!

maher_tyler
03-11-2008, 02:01 AM
forsberg too miss tonights game with a groim pull

Boy am i glad he didnt sign in philly

His groin was sore not pulled..big difference..no surprise either really, what can you expect when you don't play in live action for almost a year..its gonna be a little sore..he'll be back in the next game or two..so far its looking like the Avs made the right move..without him, we don't win that Dallas game on Saturday (which i was at). Finominal the way he makes plays happen...lures the D in and then makes them pay with a tape to tape pass!!

24champ
03-11-2008, 02:23 AM
I'm not gonna argue with you, you guys live and die by hockey (not a bad thing) so i wont argue..but the reason a lot of teams in the U.S. have low attendance is because they're competing with other sports like the NFL, MLB, and NBA..Canada doesn't so when a team isn't doing so well in the States its no surprise, fans just watch the other home team like LA, the kings suck so they watch the Lakers...who else does Calgary or Edmonton or Vancouver etc. have to watch if there not doing so well...no one, so people go to the games anyways cause there isn't anyone else to root for..if Calgary had an NBA team and they were good and the Flames sucked i bet the NBA team would have a higher attendance rate..maybe, hockey is religon up there!!

Hockey is the Nascar of Canada. BTW if you are insinuating that LA has poor attendance. You'd be wrong. It was mentioned in an article not too long ago that the Kings get 16,000 seats filled on average this year.

Chadta is right about Anaheim, they don't have much of a hard-core following and the barbecue they had to celebrate their Cup win was pathetic. 15,000 people didn't show up Chadta, they didn't even have a ****ing parade.

Now if LA won the cup, it would be different because the Kings have been around in LA for 40 years. You'll all see in a few years...

Pendejo
03-11-2008, 02:47 AM
Worse game played thus far Q clearly didn't have these guys ready (again)

Nonsense. The game against Detroit a couple of weeks ago was pathetic. The Avs game out sluggish...not moving their feet, and they got pounced by a reeling Stars team. Leopold had to leave after being charged by Ott. (It's illegal to leave your feet when checking). Then when Salei went to confront Ott he got head butted (unintentional) by the crown of Ott's helmet. Altitude zoomed in on it, and you could Ruslan was hurt before Ott threw a punch. But after getting down early...they continued to try.

Just another reason why it's stupid to sit Parker. Although Cody McCormick is more than capable of handling Steve Ott (He didn't). Q can go **** himself for sitting Parker. He's every bit as productive as Hlinka.

24champ
03-11-2008, 02:59 AM
Steve Ott? Kings took care of business with that POS last year. Ott was out for several weeks after this fight...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIIjzKi110E

Pendejo
03-11-2008, 03:40 AM
Steve Ott? Kings took care of business with that POS last year. Ott was out for several weeks after this fight...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIIjzKi110E

Yeah...I was disappointed the Avs let that slide. I was waiting the whole game for Lappy, or McCormick to **** him up. Scott Parker in the lineup quells these things. The Avs' record with him in the lineup is sick.

chadta
03-11-2008, 07:03 PM
but the reason a lot of teams in the U.S. have low attendance is because they're competing with other sports like the NFL, MLB, and NBA..Canada doesn't

ok pittsburgh, yes they have nfl but after january for the last 5 years what the heck has everybody been doing, cuz it sure wasnt going to the games ?

nashville same thing ?

oh and for the record toronto has a nba team, and they do just as well as the leafs, and we all know how bad the leafs have been for a long time.

it just bugs me when things are done to save teams and keep teams in places that could honestly care less about them, yet things are done to prevent a team being put where the fans have a general passion for the game, the game is being changed to try and get new fans in and its alienating the old fans.

see champ i told ya not to get me going, oh and for the record i never singled out LA, i merely pointed out that one of the teams had to go. end rant peace out.

Bronx33
03-11-2008, 08:24 PM
Nonsense. The game against Detroit a couple of weeks ago was pathetic. The Avs game out sluggish...not moving their feet, and they got pounced by a reeling Stars team. Leopold had to leave after being charged by Ott. (It's illegal to leave your feet when checking). Then when Salei went to confront Ott he got head butted (unintentional) by the crown of Ott's helmet. Altitude zoomed in on it, and you could Ruslan was hurt before Ott threw a punch. But after getting down early...they continued to try.

Just another reason why it's stupid to sit Parker. Although Cody McCormick is more than capable of handling Steve Ott (He didn't). Q can go **** himself for sitting Parker. He's every bit as productive as Hlinka.

The game vs the wings we were simply outclassed in every facet of the game by a much better team but throwing stupid passes through the neutral only to turn the puck over just about every rush vs dallas was stupid we took 1 shot on net in the first don't even get me started on faceoffs.

Pendejo
03-12-2008, 01:49 AM
According to a post by Dater over at hfboards...Ott is going to get a three game vacation for his illegal hit on Leopold.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=490944

Kid A
03-12-2008, 03:05 AM
Hey, we actually scored some goals tonight. Looks more and more like it's going to be photo finish in the division this year, with the difference between the #3 seed and missing the playoffs being very thin.

I saw Salei didn't play. Any word on the how serious his eye injury is?

24champ
03-12-2008, 03:23 AM
\
see champ i told ya not to get me going, oh and for the record i never singled out LA, i merely pointed out that one of the teams had to go. end rant peace out.

What can I say, I know what makes a Canadian tick.Ha!

At any rate, I didn't like the expansion everywhere either. My reasons were quite different though. I didn't want to see a huge expansion with New Arenas propped up all over the US because then it would make it impossible to change the NHL rules into using International sized rinks. I mean if anyone has seen an international game, they would know that the game is much better to watch than with a smaller rink.

Unfortunately that ship has long sailed.

theAPAOps5
03-12-2008, 03:34 AM
Why is it that Curling is the national sport in Canada?

Pendejo
03-12-2008, 04:11 AM
Hey, we actually scored some goals tonight. Looks more and more like it's going to be photo finish in the division this year, with the difference between the #3 seed and missing the playoffs being very thin.

I saw Salei didn't play. Any word on the how serious his eye injury is?

According to the Denver Post...he may play on Thursday. Smyth may return as well.

Kid A
03-12-2008, 10:29 PM
According to the Denver Post...he may play on Thursday. Smyth may return as well.

awesome. I haven't gotten to see a whole lot of games, but from what I have seen and heard Salei has been a nice addition.

Pendejo
03-12-2008, 11:11 PM
awesome. I haven't gotten to see a whole lot of games, but from what I have seen and heard Salei has been a nice addition.

Salei has been a tremendous pick-up. He's physical, and he has some offensive talent. The Avs got a lot more physical when the Foote/Salei trades were made. That's why you see a guy like Leopold sitting against the Ducks. They won't be mauled anymore.

They just HAve to stay healthy.

maher_tyler
03-13-2008, 12:53 AM
Hockey is the Nascar of Canada. BTW if you are insinuating that LA has poor attendance. You'd be wrong. It was mentioned in an article not too long ago that the Kings get 16,000 seats filled on average this year.

Chadta is right about Anaheim, they don't have much of a hard-core following and the barbecue they had to celebrate their Cup win was pathetic. 15,000 people didn't show up Chadta, they didn't even have a ****ing parade.

Now if LA won the cup, it would be different because the Kings have been around in LA for 40 years. You'll all see in a few years...

I was kinda making up an example...i didn't realize the kings had such good attendance..i sorta assumed that since they weren't doing so good that they would fill up the stadium as much but then again it is LA and theres what 3+ million living there?? If there attendance is up that much i give the LA fans props cause they haven't had that good of year.

Pendejo
03-13-2008, 01:40 AM
I was kinda making up an example...i didn't realize the kings had such good attendance..i sorta assumed that since they weren't doing so good that they would fill up the stadium as much but then again it is LA and theres what 3+ million living there?? If there attendance is up that much i give the LA fans props cause they haven't had that good of year.

Don't let that chuckle head fool you. The Kings draw well the same way the Dahyers do. They measure the amount of tickets sold...not asses in the seats. The Dahyers always have some of the highest "attendance" numbers in MLB...nevermind the fact that people are only in the stadium from the third inning through the seventh.

24champ
03-13-2008, 01:59 AM
Don't let that chuckle head fool you. The Kings draw well the same way the Dahyers do. They measure the amount of tickets sold...not asses in the seats. The Dahyers always have some of the highest "attendance" numbers in MLB...nevermind the fact that people are only in the stadium from the third inning through the seventh.

That's funny because that is the same f***ing way the Avalanche measured and promoted their 500th sellout crap, because I have attended games before that "500th sellout" game and it sure as hell wasn't a sellout.

This isn't a thread about the Dodgers, however they don't need gimmicks like "rocktober" to drum up fan support. Try again Pendejo.

Bronx33
03-13-2008, 07:42 PM
http://cdn.nhl.com/images/minibanner/EDM.gif http://cdn.nhl.com/images/minibanner/COL.gif

TV Information
Local Home:
ALT (HD)

Local Away:
SNET-W

Rookie Andrew Cogliano has led the Edmonton Oilers to three straight overtime victories, reviving his team's playoff chances.

Cogliano aims to keep the Oilers' momentum going as they open a three-game road trip against the surging Colorado Avalanche on Thursday.

Edmonton (34-31-5) suffered a three-game skid from Feb. 16-22 that nearly dashed the team's goal of making its ninth playoff appearance in 11 seasons after missing out in 2006-07. The Oilers have since won seven of their last eight to move within seven points of the eighth and final playoff berth in the Western Conference.

Cogliano has been key to that success, totaling seven goals and three assists in his last eight appearances, but his best performances seem to occur after regulation. The 20-year-old center set an NHL record with his third consecutive overtime goal, scoring with 4.9 seconds left in a 4-3 victory over St. Louis on Tuesday.

"Things like this don't happen often," said Cogliano, who leads all rookies with five game-winning tallies. "I think I've just been really lucky to have those opportunities go in for me. But yeah, three in a row, that feels pretty good."

Cogliano is among the rookie leaders with 16 goals, and fifth on the Oilers with 38 points - two fewer than fellow first-year star Sam Gagner, who contributed a goal and two assists in Tuesday's victory.

"That was a wild game," Oilers coach Craig MacTavish said. "Kind of hard on the heart for this time of year. You take a 3-0 lead and you think maybe it is going to be an easy night for us.

"We have a young team and you got seduced into thinking it's going to be point night. Hopefully, we have learned a lesson here."

Mathieu Garon finished with 28 saves to improve to 7-1-0 with a 3.14 goals-against average in his last eight starts. This successful stretch began Feb. 24, when he turned aside 27 shots in a 3-2 win over Colorado (38-27-6).

The Avalanche won the first four games before Cogliano scored the game-winning goal in the third period for Edmonton in that contest.

The Oilers are trying to win back-to-back games against the Avalanche for the first time since a four-game run from March 26-Nov. 13, 2006, but have lost three of their last four at the Pepsi Center.

Colorado will play its next two games at home, where it has won four straight - its best run since a five-game winning streak from Dec. 7-23.

The Avalanche are coming off a 5-2 victory at Atlanta on Tuesday. Andrew Brunette scored two goals, while Joe Sakic and rookie David Jones each had a goal and two assists for Colorado, which has won seven of its last eight games to move into a tie with Calgary for the Northwest Division lead.

Colorado, which hopes to advance to the playoffs for the 12th time in 13 seasons, has won nine division titles since 1994-95.

"We've got to take care of our own business," Avalanche coach Joel Quenneville said. "Whoever does best within this division is going to have the best chance of winning it."

Jose Theodore made 22 saves on Tuesday, and is 7-1-0 with a shutout and a 1.68 GAA in his last eight starts. However, he is just 4-9-0 with a 3.53 GAA in 14 all-time meetings with the Oilers.

In 78 career games against Edmonton, Sakic has 35 goals and 92 points - his third-most against an opponent.

The Avs may need Sakic to continue his steady production against the Oilers, as the team ruled out forwards Ryan Smyth and Peter Forsberg from Thursday's contest. Smyth has been out with a concussion, while Forsberg has a strained groin.

Defenseman Jordan Leopold (head) is also out, while defenseman Adam Foote (hip) is likely to miss the contest. Defenseman Ruslan Salei (eye) will be a game-time decision.

maher_tyler
03-14-2008, 12:07 AM
5-1 with 2 PP goals...were looking good all over the place..only maybe 10 shots on goal from Edmonton. Crazy with all these injuries we can still have a dominating game like this..makes you wonder how good we can be when fully healthy...i predicted awhile back that we'd win the division..after tonight we'll be all alone on top of the Division!!

bronco militia
03-18-2008, 01:18 PM
avs lose the last two and they are back in the 8th spot...this is nuts

Pendejo
03-18-2008, 05:38 PM
avs lose the last two and they are back in the 8th spot...this is nuts

Last night was tough. They had so many goals on their sticks, and just didn't finish.

What is Mick McGeogh (sp?) still doing reffing in the NHL. He's a disgrace. That diving penalty he called on Forsberg was ridiculous. He waited until the other referee made the interference call...skated a bit...then made his decision. If you think a player flops...then just ****ing call it...immediately.

Watch any game that clown is involved with and you will see at least two or three head scratchers.

I'm not blaming the Avs' loss on McGeogh...I just can't stand the guy. The Avs lost because Backstrom stood on his head when he need to...and the Avs had a combination of bad luck, and poor shots.

Bronx33
03-19-2008, 09:49 PM
McGeogh is the worst

bronco militia
03-20-2008, 12:11 PM
Last night was tough. They had so many goals on their sticks, and just didn't finish.

What is Mick McGeogh (sp?) still doing reffing in the NHL. He's a disgrace. That diving penalty he called on Forsberg was ridiculous. He waited until the other referee made the interference call...skated a bit...then made his decision. If you think a player flops...then just ****ing call it...immediately.

Watch any game that clown is involved with and you will see at least two or three head scratchers.

I'm not blaming the Avs' loss on McGeogh...I just can't stand the guy. The Avs lost because Backstrom stood on his head when he need to...and the Avs had a combination of bad luck, and poor shots.

ditto.....but Mr. McGoo made up for it with that questionable call against the Wild late in the 3rd period.

Pendejo
03-20-2008, 02:53 PM
ditto.....but Mr. McGoo made up for it with that questionable call against the Wild late in the 3rd period.

Yeah. My point wasn't that he screwed the Avs...my point was he just sucks. That's why I pointed out that you'll see a lot of nonsense in ANY game he's involved in. I've disliked that pecker face for years.

Here's to a win tonight!!!!

El Guapo
03-20-2008, 03:19 PM

I went to this game! It was my first NHL game and I was really excited. Had on my avs jersey and all, and they had a total of a dozen shots on the goal. what the crap?

maher_tyler
03-20-2008, 11:18 PM
I went to this game! It was my first NHL game and I was really excited. Had on my avs jersey and all, and they had a total of a dozen shots on the goal. what the crap?

Yea it seems like when we play other playoff teams we just play like a$$, we can barely manage a goal most of the time..i was hoping that when Sakic, Smyth and Stastny came back this would go away but it hasn't...our PP has gotten a little better..at least were scoring PP goals once in awhile..at times i wonder if they even practice. They don't play like theres a playoff seed on the line!!

bronco militia
03-21-2008, 12:27 AM
no matter if they are winning or losing, they look terrible in the 1st period.

and for most of this game the avs were just brutal with nuetral zone turnovers, and brutal on face offs.

chadta
03-23-2008, 09:50 AM
this kinda has an avs connection

patrick roys son in a brawl (http://youtube.com/watch?v=nVIG7RMif6s)

Bronx33
03-23-2008, 02:45 PM
this kinda has an avs connection

patrick roys son in a brawl (http://youtube.com/watch?v=nVIG7RMif6s)

daaaaaamn!! opened up a can of whoopass.

Pendejo
03-23-2008, 07:08 PM
daaaaaamn!! opened up a can of whoopass.

Yeah...on a guy who clearly wasn't interested. Whoever the team playing Roy was should sign Mike Vernon for a game so he can kick his ass just like he kicked his old man's.

I hate that. If a guy clearly doesn't want to dance you don't just skate all the way down to his crease and start throwing bombs. I understand how heated it gets, but geez...he acted like his old man in a Colorado Springs barroom.

chadta
03-24-2008, 10:01 PM
i kinda agree penjo, but after how many bombs do you stop being a pussy and try to defend yourself.

Pendejo
03-25-2008, 12:52 AM
Wow did Lappy get in the Flaming Mo's heads tonight. Tay-o-door was great again. The slide is over. Kick some ass.

Liles was awesome tonight.

bronco militia
03-25-2008, 10:29 AM
Jeff Finger did a nice impression of Adam Foote last night.

If he keeps playing like that, maybe Footer can rest up until the plyoffs

Smiling Assassin27
03-25-2008, 07:00 PM
i kinda agree penjo, but after how many bombs do you stop being a p***Y and try to defend yourself.

the dude isn't a p***y, he's letting little Roy a)make an arse of himself, and (b) receive a lengthy suspension, thereby greatly reducing his team's chances of winning the series.

little Roy is just like his immature, over-dramatic, and lame-fighting old man...minus the talent. his old man got off light.

Bronx33
03-26-2008, 05:00 PM
Ok Q better have this team ready tonight as far as iam concerned the playoffs started against calgary.

Bronx33
03-26-2008, 05:05 PM
Yeah...on a guy who clearly wasn't interested. Whoever the team playing Roy was should sign Mike Vernon for a game so he can kick his ass just like he kicked his old man's.

I hate that. If a guy clearly doesn't want to dance you don't just skate all the way down to his crease and start throwing bombs. I understand how heated it gets, but geez...he acted like his old man in a Colorado Springs barroom.

Word is the other goalie was running his mouth talking shyt that's why roy jr was pissed i don't care what anybody says any team loves to have a goaltender with that kinda fire defending your net. He will most likely get the hammer lowered on him via suspension it just would have been a bit better if the other tender would have backed up his talk with something other than the ragdoll routine.(kinda chicken shyt if you ask me)

Bronx33
03-26-2008, 08:56 PM
http://cdn.nhl.com/images/minibanner/VAN.gif http://cdn.nhl.com/images/minibanner/COL.gif

TV Information
National TV:
RIS,TSN (HD),NHLN-US

Local Home:
ALT (HD)

The Colorado Avalanche and Vancouver Canucks have little room for error in the final few days of the regular season.

The teams tied for the Western Conference's final two playoff spots look to improve their positioning as the Northwest Division rivals meet Wednesday night in Denver.

Vancouver (38-28-10) allowed two third-period goals and fell 3-2 at division-leading Calgary on Tuesday. The loss left the Canucks tied for seventh place in the West with Colorado (40-31-6), which a night earlier beat the Flames 2-0 at home to snap a four-game losing streak.

"It's tight hockey right now; it's playoff hockey, four-point games that are huge for us," said Colorado's Jordan Leopold, who scored his first goal in 2 1/2 months Monday.
The Canucks and Avalanche are tied for the final two playoff spots in the Western Conference with 86 points each. Vancouver currently sits in seventh place because they have a game in hand over Colorado. (AP Photo)

The meeting Wednesday will be the first of two between the teams in a span of seven days. They'll conclude the season series Tuesday in Vancouver.

Colorado, looking to return to playoffs after missing out last season, has dominated the series with Vancouver this season, holding a 4-1-1 advantage and looking for a fifth consecutive win over the Canucks.

The Avalanche have won two of their three home contests against Vancouver this season, including a 2-1 win on March 4 in the most recent meeting.

Colorado has won six of its last seven home games and is 24-12-2 at the Pepsi Center, where it will play three of its final five. The Avalanche are 10-3-0 there versus divisional opponents.

"We know that the teams behind us are pushing, and it's important we keep our position," said Colorado's Ryan Smyth, who recorded his 600th career point when he assisted on Milan Hejduk's goal Monday. "The only way we do that is taking care of our own destiny and taking matter into our own hands."

Smyth has an assist in each of his last three contests. Hejduk, meanwhile, has two goals and an assist in his last two games while posting the same against Vancouver this season.

Jose Theodore made 23 saves for his third shutout of the season Monday after allowing 11 goals in losing three of his previous four decisions.

"These are playoff-type games. You know there's not going to be too many goals on either side," said Theodore, who is 3-0-1 with a 1.71 goals-against average versus Vancouver this season. "When they get chances you want to make sure you give your team a chance to win."

Markus Naslund and Daniel Sedin each scored first-period goals Tuesday for Vancouver, which blew a 2-0 lead and dropped its second straight contest by one goal after falling 2-1 to Minnesota on Friday.

"We have our next game (Wednesday) so we have to forget this one and regroup," Vancouver's Sami Salo said. "It's another huge game."

Sedin, who has two goals and four assists against Colorado this season, has two and three assists in his last four games overall.

Roberto Luongo made 37 saves Tuesday, but allowed one fewer goal than he did in his previous three games. After allowing four goals in winning his first two starts against Colorado this season, Luongo has given up 12 in losing four in a row to the Avalanche.

Kid A
03-26-2008, 11:56 PM
The Statz-Hejduk-Forsberg line is becoming a force. They are absolutely dominating tonight, especially Milan.

Pendejo
03-27-2008, 12:42 AM
The Statz-Hejduk-Forsberg line is becoming a force. They are absolutely dominating tonight, especially Milan.

Cripes. I had to leave during the first intermission...I got home at the beginning of the third, and ZANG!

Forsberg is a point per game player right now.

Jose continues to be strong in his nets, and that is key heading into the *knock on wood* playoffs.

David Jones is eventually going to find the back of the net on a fairly regular basis. He's a less talented Deadmarsh.

With Dallas sliding...the sixth seed is within their reach.

BMF Bronco
03-27-2008, 03:00 PM
If at this point we dont make the playoffs, then we definitely don't deserve to be there. I am liking that we're out of 8th for the time being, I don't want to see the Avs go head to head with the blood wings. We haven't won one against them yet this year.

Pendejo
03-28-2008, 03:03 AM
If at this point we dont make the playoffs, then we definitely don't deserve to be there. I am liking that we're out of 8th for the time being, I don't want to see the Avs go head to head with the Red Wings. We haven't won one against them yet this year.

Pussy.

BMF Bronco
03-28-2008, 03:17 AM
dick

Pendejo
03-28-2008, 11:18 PM
Forsberg is a ridiculously good hockey player.

Pendejo
03-28-2008, 11:41 PM
The first two goals Theo had no chance on. I thought the last two were pretty weak.

Stomp 'em in the third boys.

spdirty
03-29-2008, 12:32 AM
Joe Sakic is the mutha fuggin man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spdirty
03-29-2008, 12:48 AM
unbelievable. That right there is called stealing a win.

BMF Bronco
03-29-2008, 02:39 AM
we can move up considerably in these next three games, hope for winning out!

Bronx33
03-29-2008, 07:19 PM
whew! 3-3 in the shootout.

Bronx33
03-30-2008, 09:44 PM
Lost in OT vs the wild.....!@$!!

Pendejo
03-30-2008, 09:50 PM
Lost in OT vs the wild.....!@$!!

Tough break the way the puck kicked off of Hannan's skate right to Gaborik. For a second it looked like Tay-o-door was going to bail them out.

In any case...they got a point out of the thing...when early on it looked like they were going to get run. Every point is huge right now.

maher_tyler
04-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Where the **** is Forsberg as far is eyes go...seriously..that sounds kinda gay but read the article and you'll see what i'm talking about!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?columnist=johnson_george&id=3299193

bronco militia
04-01-2008, 08:10 PM
Where the **** is Forsberg as far is eyes go...seriously..that sounds kinda gay but read the article and you'll see what i'm talking about!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?columnist=johnson_george&id=3299193

no offense, but Forsberg is lucky he suits up every three games....

Pendejo
04-02-2008, 12:35 AM
no offense, but Forsberg is lucky he suits up every three games....

I understand the sentiment, but look at the minutes Peter the Great has logged since coming back. He hadn't played in the NHL for almost a year, and his first games back he was playing right around twenty minutes. I have no problem holding him out against teams like Minnesota until the playoffs. There are not many players in the world who can take a year off and be a point per game player. Forsberg is one of them.

Cripes...when the signing was announced I had visions of 15 minutes per plus power play time for the guy. He's been awesome.

Also...I really thought that he and Statsny were too much alike to be effective...whoops! Their savvy meshes perfectly, and Hejduk has been reaping the rewards.

Pendejo
04-02-2008, 01:52 AM
Another 2 point game for Peter the Great.

The Avs clinch a playoff berth. They can take ANY team in the west in a best of seven series.

bronco militia
04-02-2008, 01:02 PM
I understand the sentiment, but look at the minutes Peter the Great has logged since coming back. He hadn't played in the NHL for almost a year, and his first games back he was playing right around twenty minutes. I have no problem holding him out against teams like Minnesota until the playoffs. There are not many players in the world who can take a year off and be a point per game player. Forsberg is one of them.

Cripes...when the signing was announced I had visions of 15 minutes per plus power play time for the guy. He's been awesome.

Also...I really thought that he and Statsny were too much alike to be effective...whoops! Their savvy meshes perfectly, and Hejduk has been reaping the rewards.

I'm glad he's back and all, just thought he shouldn't be on the list of players on that link

hopefully he can play in all the playoff games. The Avs are a different team without him. More importantly, if Ryan Smyth can regain his scoring touch, maybe the Avs can afford for Forsberg to take a night off or two.

SJ Bronco
04-03-2008, 06:13 PM
SJ wants you baby:punched: !Booya! You guys gotta get in!

Pendejo
04-03-2008, 08:22 PM
SJ wants you baby:punched: !Booya! You guys gotta get in!

The Avs clinched a playoff spot a couple of days ago.

bronco militia
04-03-2008, 09:05 PM
The Avs clinched a playoff spot a couple of days ago.

don't mind SJ...he's just one of those NoCal, frontrunning, stinking weasle Shark fans

:welcome:

Pendejo
04-06-2008, 06:20 PM
The Avs are headed in to overtime in Minny. That puts them at the 6th seed. Let's hope no one gets hurt in overtime.

(Edit: The Avs win in a shoot-out. It's nice to end the season coming off of some wins. It's going to be a tough series against the trap crazy Wild, but I think they can get it done.)

(Double Edit: Forsberg put up another 3 points...two on the power play. Over the past couple of weeks the Avs' power play has shown some signs of potency. They'll really need their special teams units to gel against the Wild.)

Bronx33
04-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Loved wolskis shot in the shootout.

Atwater His Ass
04-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Playoff time, go AVS!

Bronx33
04-06-2008, 10:33 PM
Well with the conclusion of regular season iam trueley impressed with how this team battled injuries all season to stay in the race, iam even more impressed with theo and how hes turned it around i was not a big fan of his early on as you all know but he proved me wrong.

Now his true test comes in the playoffs and also the defense for the wild are a very offensive team with some firepower throughout it's lines probably the defense is their biggest weakness that's in our favor also goaltending is pretty good but can get hot if we don't apply pressure early and often but it can be beat (as we all saw today). Iam guessing lamires starts backstrom i will have to find our record vs him but our scoring lines are getting good the stastny,hedjuk,forsberg line looks unstoppable and should give backstrom fits in net.

Pendejo
04-07-2008, 01:36 AM
Well with the conclusion of regular season iam trueley impressed with how this team battled injuries all season to stay in the race, iam even more impressed with theo and how hes turned it around i was not a big fan of his early on as you all know but he proved me wrong.

Now his true test comes in the playoffs and also the defense for the wild are a very offensive team with some firepower throughout it's lines probably the defense is their biggest weakness that's in our favor also goaltending is pretty good but can get hot if we don't apply pressure early and often but it can be beat (as we all saw today). Iam guessing lamires starts backstrom i will have to find our record vs him but our scoring lines are getting good the stastny,hedjuk,forsberg line looks unstoppable and should give backstrom fits in net.

It'd be nice if Smyth plays in the playoffs like he did today. He should plant him self as close to the crease as he can EVERY time the Avs have the puck in the attacking zone. Especially on the power play.

maher_tyler
04-07-2008, 04:28 PM

Yea the Forsberg line is pretty good...i really think we can take Minn. in 6. Its nice to see us back in the playoffs...hopefully we can make a deep run..i'd like a re-match with Detroit...we were no where near healthy pretty much everytime we played them this year so if we knocked them out of the playoffs it'd be sweet!!

Bronx33
04-09-2008, 10:38 PM
As expected the wild comes out hard and get twp PP chances one being complete BS (boarding) pleaaaaaasssseee but the first ends 0-0 with the avs weathering the storm. Hopefully we are done sitting back and generate some offense and iam glag to see boogarrd playing he always good for some dumb penalties.

Go Avs!

24champ
04-09-2008, 10:44 PM
http://www.azhockey.com/images%20-%20logos/LogoNhlMinnesotaWild.jpg

Go Wild.

Pendejo
04-10-2008, 12:59 AM
Super ****ing Joe!!!!!!

Pendejo
04-10-2008, 12:59 AM
Tay-o-door was unbelievable.

Here's hoping the Wild continue to give that stiff Boogaard a regular shift.

Kid A
04-10-2008, 01:06 AM
I'm so glad the playoffs are back. We get to see Sakic kick ass again.

Bronx33
04-10-2008, 01:13 AM
Tay-o-door was unbelievable.

Here's hoping the Wild continue to give that stiff Boogaard a regular shift.

He made me eat crow that's for sure he looks like the guy that won the Vezina Trophy and as for boogarard and fotuyuk* they got away with murder the whole game in fact the whole wild team got away with crap the whole game 2 freaking penalties the whole game?

Pendejo
04-10-2008, 02:21 AM
He made me eat crow that's for sure he looks like the guy that won the Vezina Trophy and as for boogarard and fotuyuk* they got away with murder the whole game in fact the whole wild team got away with crap the whole game 2 freaking penalties the whole game?

No kidding. I think "Fridge" is a respectable player, but Boogaard is a stiff. He has a cool last name though. Obviously the refs called the game in Minnesota's favor, but our guys played smart...balls to the wall hockey. That call they made in the second when Hannan planted Rolston into the ice was terrible.

So goes the playoffs in the NHL. Joe-zay stood on his head...and then the rest of the boys tightened things up. Of course in overtime the puck found it's way to Sakic's stick. He's two ahead of Rocket Richard now in terms of playoff overtime winners.

We'll see what happens next.

BMF Bronco
04-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Ahh what a game last night, this is going to be a GREAT series!

bronco militia
04-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Avs: Haynes' surgery a success
By Adrian Dater
The Denver Post
Article Last Updated: 04/11/2008 01:46:56 PM MDT

Avs radio voice Mike Haynes plays street hockey with neighbors in his Littleton neighborhood in 2004. (Brian Brainerd | The Denver Post)Related Articles
Apr 9:
Voice of Avs is sidelinedApr 8:
Avs announcer to miss playoffsThe news appears good for Avalanche TV play-by-play man Mike Haynes. His surgery Thursday was termed a success by doctors, and he is expected to make a good recovery. Former broadcaster John Kelly will continue to fill in for Haynes through the playoffs.

Pendejo
04-11-2008, 07:03 PM
That's good news re: Haynes.

In Blood Feud...Dater described Haynes throwing punches in the air, and his tie flying all over the place as he called a fight. The guy is enthusiastic.

Bronx33
04-13-2008, 05:18 PM
That's good news re: Haynes.

In Blood Feud...Dater described Haynes throwing punches in the air, and his tie flying all over the place as he called a fight. The guy is enthusiastic.

You know fans of other team think hes stupid mainly wingie fans i love haynes as our announcer he knows his shyt and is very informative during the game and as you said enthusiastic which i will always remember him almost losing his voice he was so pumped. The early days were great!

Dukes
04-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Anyone know if Haynes will return to the Booth? If ever?

Bronx33
04-17-2008, 07:55 PM
Only time will tell but a full recovery is predicted.

Smiling Assassin27
04-21-2008, 10:42 AM
So who do the Avs prefer in round 2, Detroit or San Jose?

Personally, I'm pulling for Avs-Wings. It just seems right to see these two get after it again. (Not to mention the Wings match up better v the Avs than the Flames, IMO)

I think i can speak for all when i say, Chris Pronger, ya twerp, you're on the first tee.

broncofan7
04-21-2008, 11:22 AM
It wil be DAL Vs CO if CALG wins or DAL vs SJ if the sharkies win--so the 'lanche will face either DAL or the 'wings

BMF Bronco
04-21-2008, 12:06 PM
The way the Avs are playing right now, they can beat anyone, especially if Jose keeps standing on his head making saves out there.

Smiling Assassin27
04-21-2008, 02:48 PM
The way the Avs are playing right now, they can beat anyone, especially if Jose keeps standing on his head making saves out there.

their defense is gonna be their downfall. the wild has one, maybe two legit forwards but, outside of calgary, every other team has big-boy hockey players on every line.

chadta
07-14-2008, 06:13 AM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/thewire/hockey/2008/07/13/forsberg_sidelined_for/

Forsberg sidelined until at least Xmas

Bronx33
10-09-2008, 02:56 PM
http://cdn.nhl.com/bruins/images/logos/large.png vs http://cdn.nhl.com/avalanche/images/logos/large.png

Bruins-Avalanche Preview
Tony Granato believes his first stint as Colorado Avalanche coach could help make his second one more successful.

His latest begins Thursday night when the Avalanche open at home against the Boston Bruins, who look to build off their first playoff appearance in three seasons.

Granato, a 13-year NHL veteran, returns to the main post behind the Colorado bench after replacing Joel Quenneville, who led the Avalanche to 95 points and the Western Conference semifinals after they missed the playoffs for the first time in 11 seasons in 2006-07.

Most recently an assistant with the team, Granato coached the Avalanche from 2002-2004 after inheriting the team from Bob Hartley during 2002-03. Granato led Colorado to a pair of 100-point seasons, but failed to advance past the conference semifinals.

He believes he's more confident and relaxed this time around.

"You always learn a lot," said Granato, who was replaced by Quenneville in July 2004. "You try to get better each day. We're excited to get this thing going."

With Joe Sakic back for a 20th season to join veterans Milan Hejduk, Ryan Smyth, newcomer Darcy Tucker and young stars Paul Stastny and Wojtek Wolski, Granato hopes to instill more tempo on offense for a team that was in the middle of the pack with 231 goals last season.

"We want to be a speed team, a team that dictates the pace of the game with our quickness," Granato said of the Avalanche, who were swept by eventual Stanley Cup champ Detroit in the semifinals a season ago.

Despite battling injuries in 2007-08, Sakic recorded 40 points in 40 games and ranks eighth on the NHL all-time list in points (1,629), 11th in assists (1,006) and 14th in goals (623).

"Him being 100 percent and feeling excited and ready to go gets everybody else that much more excited," Stastny said. "I like what we've got here."

While Stastny led the team with 47 assists and 71 points in 66 games during a solid sophomore season, Colorado hopes Smyth can stay healthy. After signing a five-year deal worth $31.25 million, injuries limited him to 55 games with 14 goals and 23 assists.

With Jose Theodore now in Washington, Peter Budaj assumes the team's No. 1 goaltender role. After winning 31 games in 2006-07, Budaj went 16-10-4 with a 2.57 goals-against average . Now with Andrew Raycroft coming over from Toronto as insurance, Budaj is poised to prove the Avalanche made the right choice by going with him to start.

"They gave me the chance, telling me I'm the guy," Budaj said. "I'm going to do my best and show them I'm capable of being the No. 1."

The Avalanche franchise is 16-5-7 record during season openers, topping all NHL teams with a .696 winning percentage, but faces Boston for the first time since winning 2-0 there on March 6, 2007.

The Bruins are eager to prove their 94-point season under coach Claude Julien was not a fluke.

Despite losing star Patrice Bergeron for almost the entire season due to a serious concussion, Boston won 41 games to finish second in the Northeast Division and secure its first playoff berth since 2003-04. Though the Bruins lost in seven games to Montreal in the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs, the 18-point improvement from 2006-07 should continue to open the eyes of their opponents.

"I think it's going to make us have to work harder," second-year forward Milan Lucic said. "In the end, I think it is a good thing for us."

Bergeron, who posted at least 70 points in each of his previous two seasons, had three goals and four assists through 10 games before being injured on Oct. 27 against Philadelphia.

The 23-year-old should give a boost to a club that had two 20-plus goal scorers in Marco Sturm and Chuck Kobasew, but ranked in the bottom half of the league with 212 goals.

"Getting Bergeron back, he's a big piece," said center Marc Savard, the Bruins leading scorer last season with 78 points. "What we are known for now is being a solid team defensively and working hard every night. So, hopefully, more goals come. But as long as we get wins, that is the bottom line."

Tim Thomas remains the team's No. 1 goaltender after going 28-19-6 with a career-best 2.44 GAA in 2007-08.

The Bruins open with four straight road games before hosting Pittsburgh on Oct. 20.

Bronx33
10-26-2008, 12:44 PM
Ian Laperriere didn't receive a congratulatory phone call from Gordie Howe after collecting the fourth Gordie Howe hat trick - a goal, assist and fight - of his career in Thursday's game against Edmonton.

"But it's always good to show the depth we have on our team," he said.

The Avalanche has scored 28 goals in seven games, and so-called grinders like Laperriere, Ben Guite, Cody McCormick and Cody McLeod have combined for six of them while adding five assists.

McLeod, who scored four goals in 49 games as a rookie, is third on the team with three goals, right behind Milan Hejduk and Ryan Smyth.

"Everybody can chip in," Laperriere said. "Obviously, it's not our job; we're not out there to score goals. But every time we do, it's a bonus for the team. It feels great, especially when you win the game."

Laperriere said he's looking forward to playing against the Sabres, who have outscored opponents 26-13 in the first seven games.

"They've got a heck of a goalie and four great lines," he said. "It's a good challenge for us and we welcome that. You want to see where your team's at and there's no better way than to play the best team in the league right now."

Said Granato: "They're a fast-skating, fast-paced team. They're kind of similar to us, so it should be an exciting matchup. I haven't seen a whole lot of their games. But what I've seen is they're a very disciplined team, one that uses their speed well and obviously a team that has great goaltending."

Jones may play

Right wing David Jones practiced Friday and said he feels up to playing tonight after missing Thursday's game because of an illness. He played Monday in Los Angeles and got sick after arriving home.

Budaj back in net

Peter Budaj will be back in goal for the Avalanche, seeking his third win in a row. He stopped 51-of-55 shots in his past two starts to lower his goals-against average to 3.42 and raise his saves percentage to .868.

"He looks like Peter again," Granato said. "He looks like the Peter we thought we were going to see. (Thursday) night he had to make some big saves for us. It looks like he's back in his rhythm."

Bronx33
10-30-2008, 05:19 PM
http://cdn.nhl.com/bluejackets/images/logos/large.pngVS http://cdn.nhl.com/avalanche/images/logos/large.png

Ok time to get back right on track after that disapointing loss to calgary i thought we played well but the flames took it and earned it in the 3rd i wasn't real happy about granado going totally defensive in the third and hoping for a chance ( which never remotely even happened lol) We shouldn't have sat back hopefully tony learned something that was a coach Q attribute which i hated.

The Colorado Avalanche's high-powered offense finally ran out of goals in their last game, also bringing an end to the club's five-game winning streak.

The Columbus Blue Jackets, meanwhile, can only hope the end to their own - more ignominious - streak isn't far off.

The Avalanche will look to reignite their attack Thursday night when they host last-place Columbus, which hasn't scored a power-play goal during its current three-game losing streak.

After starting the season with three straight losses, Colorado (5-4-0) responded by reeling off five straight victories, scoring four or more goals four times over that span thanks to major contributions from youngster Paul Stastny, veteran Milan Hejduk and captain Joe Sakic.

That run ended Tuesday, when the Avs managed only two third-period shots in a 3-0 loss at Calgary.

"They stuck to their game plan and in the third it paid off for them," Colorado forward Ian Laperriere said. "They played hard, they played good defensively, and they didn't cheat on the offensive zone to get goals."

Combined with their 2-1 shootout win over Buffalo on Saturday and dating back to last Thursday's 4-1 win over Edmonton, the Avs have now scored just one goal in the last 140 minutes of play.

But the struggles go back even further for the Blue Jackets (3-6-0), who have scored four total goals during their three-game slide, falling into the Central Division cellar. They're 0-for-14 on the power play over that span, and they've scored two or fewer goals in five of their six losses.

There were promising signs Monday against Anaheim, as Columbus outshot the Ducks 24-14 through two periods and led 2-1. But backup goalie Fredrik Norrena allowed a pair of goals in the final period of the 3-2 loss.

"I hope they are, like I am, frustrated," Blue Jackets coach Ken Hitchcock said. "To play this well and give it away, I'd be frustrated."

In hopes of turning things around, Hitchcock will move leading goal-scorer Rick Nash from his typical left wing position to center for Thursday's game. Nash told his team's official Web site that he hasn't played center since he was "10 or 11 years old."

Norrena will likely remain in net, with starter Pascal Leclaire on injured reserve due to a sprained ankle. Norrena has only made two starts this season, but he is already 0-3-0 with a 3.55 goals-against average. He's been much better against the Avs, going 3-2 with a 1.86 GAA in five career appearances.

Colorado will also have a backup in net, as coach Tony Granato will give Andrew Raycroft his third start of the season and his first in 12 days. Raycroft has a 3.01 GAA this season, but he's won both of his outings, beating Philadelphia and Dallas.

The teams split four meetings last season, with the home team winning each time and the Avs outscoring Columbus 8-2 in two wins at the Pepsi Center.

The Blue Jackets fared much better last season against Colorado than they have historically. They're just 4-22-1 with a tie all-time, including 1-12-1 in Denver.

Veteran defenseman Adam Foote has seen both sides of the series. The 37-year-old spent 13 seasons with the Avalanche franchise before signing with Columbus in 2005. The Blue Jackets traded him back to Colorado last season, and Thursday's game will be his first against his former team.

Bronx33
11-01-2008, 03:58 PM
Back to the drawing board *sigh*

Where's Plummer???
04-14-2009, 01:58 PM
very dissapointed... but hejduk says he wants the rest of his carreer to be in colorado so atleast we can get another of him... and maybe Wolski will start looking more like sakic like he did last season!!

just trying to stay up on the whole thing

Bronx33
10-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Avs batter the nucks 3-0!! anderson stellar in net!

SJ Bronco
04-14-2010, 12:14 AM
;)

Boobs McGee
12-13-2010, 09:10 AM
Hey everybody....so my friend is giving me fix to the game tonight!! Problem is, I can't find the section on the seating charts. It's section 178 row 2. Anyone know where they are located?