PDA

View Full Version : January 16, 1994

SoDak Bronco
07-19-2007, 05:28 PM
This is the last time the Chiefs won a playoff game. It was against the Houston Oilers. Since some of the orangemaners weren't even born at the time, I thought I would remind you just how long its been since the Chiefs have had something to cheer about after Jan 1st. :chiefssux

Chiefs quarterback Joe Montana threw three touchdown passes in the second half to give his team a 28-20 win. The Oilers jumped to a 10-0 lead in the first quarter with kicker Al Del Greco's 49-yard field goal and running back Gary Brown's 2-yard touchdown. Then after a scoreless second period, Montana threw a 7-yard touchdown pass to tight end Keith Cash in the third quarter. In the fourth period, Del Greco kicked a 43-yard field goal to give Houston a 13-7 lead. But aided by a 38-yard pass interference penalty, the Chiefs advanced 71 yards to score on wide receiver J.J. Birden's 11-yard touchdown reception form Montana. On the Oilers' next possession, Kansas City defensive lineman Dan Saleaumua recovered a fumble by Houston quarterback Warren Moon, setting up Montana's 18-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Willie Davis. The Oilers then drove 80 yards to score on wide receiver Ernest Givins' 7-yard touchdown catch, but the Chiefs responded with running back Marcus Allen's game-clinching 21-yard touchdown that capped off a 79-yard drive.

Paladin
07-19-2007, 05:31 PM
I saw that game. IIRC, the mullets got creamed the following week....

Atlas
07-19-2007, 05:33 PM
yep, they suck

MileHighMagic
07-19-2007, 05:49 PM
Wow! I didn't realize it had been so long. Pretty amusing. :wiggle:

Hotrod
07-19-2007, 05:50 PM
So they needed a gift PI call and a fumble + someone elses Probowl QB + someone sells Probowl RB to squeak out a victory...........

Garcia Bronco
07-19-2007, 05:51 PM
Wow! I didn't realize it had been so long. Pretty amusing. :wiggle:

Super bowl win is creeping up on 40 years

SoDak Bronco
07-19-2007, 05:57 PM
They've had as much bad luck against the Colts as we've had. Tobad they lost to Jim Harbaugh twice while hosting the colts and coach Ted.

Rugby7
07-19-2007, 07:44 PM
That's pathetic, meanwhile chiefy fan likes to say Shanahan hasn't done anything since Elway retired. I guess appearing in the AFC championship game doessn't count.

Bob's your Information Minister
07-19-2007, 07:49 PM
That's pathetic, meanwhile chiefy fan likes to say Shanahan hasn't done anything since Elway retired. I guess appearing in the AFC championship game doessn't count.

Stop comparing yourselves to the pathetic Chiefs. If we're the best you can "one-up" your franchise is in a pretty sorry state itself.

Jason in LA
07-19-2007, 07:53 PM
Stop comparing yourselves to the pathetic Chiefs. If we're the best you can "one-up" your franchise is in a pretty sorry state itself.

The Broncos have more than "one-upped" the Chiefs. It's not even close.

The Chiefs aren't much better than the Chargers. Only thing that seperates those two teams is one game in 1969.

07-19-2007, 07:55 PM
The Broncos have more than "one-upped" the Chiefs. It's not even close.

Since Elway retired the Broncos have something like 7 more wins than the Chiefs. Way to GO!!!

Inkana7
07-19-2007, 08:00 PM
Since Elway retired the Broncos have something like 7 more wins than the Chiefs. Way to GO!!!

Really? Since our first ballot hall of famer has retired we haven't been as good? WOW. What a finding! Way to GO!!!

Jason in LA
07-19-2007, 08:02 PM

Is that counting that one in the playoffs?

07-19-2007, 08:06 PM
Is that counting that one in the playoffs?

This is what I'm talking about. It's pathetic. The only reason you're "proud" of one measly playoff win is because you constantly compare yourself to the Chiefs. Raise your standards a bit. I mean, you guys are ALWAYS talking about how you have such AMAZINGLY HIGH STANDARDS compared to the mullets.

Of course doing that would force you to realize the Broncos are nothing but a smear on Indy's cleats in recent years, and not anything close to the "elite franchise" so many of you have deluded yourself into believing you are.

Inkana7
07-19-2007, 08:07 PM
This is what I'm talking about. It's pathetic. The only reason you're "proud" of one measly playoff win is because you constantly compare yourself to the Chiefs. Raise your standards a bit. I mean, you guys are ALWAYS talking about how you have such AMAZINGLY HIGH STANDARDS compared to the mullets.

Maybe not compared to the fans but to Carl Peterson, it is pretty damn obvious that the Broncos standards are much higher.

07-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Maybe not compared to the fans but to Carl Peterson, it is pretty damn obvious that the Broncos standards are much higher.

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/627/jakejm6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Kaylore
07-19-2007, 08:17 PM
This is the last time the Chiefs won a playoff game. It was against the Houston Oilers. Since some of the orangemaners weren't even born at the time, I thought I would remind you just how long its been since the Chiefs have had something to cheer about after Jan 1st. :chiefssux
They beat the Raiders two years earlier and that's it. In almost fourty years of their history they've won two playoff games. Amazing. Hilarious!

Inkana7
07-19-2007, 08:20 PM
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/627/jakejm6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

40-21, Playoff Win, AFC Championship Game appearence, 2005 Pro Bowl Reserve.

Way to GO!!!

Jason in LA
07-19-2007, 08:24 PM

Of course doing that would force you to realize the Broncos are nothing but a smear on Indy's cleats in recent years, and not anything close to the "elite franchise" so many of you have deluded yourself into believing you are.

It's funny that you want to start at one point in history, which was after two Super Bowls. The Broncos were one game away from the Super Bowl the season before last, after winning two of them in recent history. The Chiefs haven't been one game away from the Super Bowl in years.

The Chiefs can't compare to the Broncos. It's not close.

07-19-2007, 08:28 PM
This is just too easy.

STOP COMPARING YOURSELF TO THE PATHETIC CHIEFS!

gunns
07-19-2007, 08:43 PM
Raise your standards a bit.

Our standards are raised. We're just showing how low the Chiefs are.

STOP COMPARING YOURSELF TO THE PATHETIC CHIEFS!

We're not comparing the Broncos to the Chiefs. There is no comparison. The only comparison is there isn't much difference between the Chiefs and Chargers, except a more recent SB appearance by the Chargers. You wish there was a comparison between the Broncos and Chiefs.

07-19-2007, 08:48 PM
I'm not debating with a female.

SoCalBronco
07-19-2007, 08:54 PM
I'm not debating with a female.

That female was watching and studying football years before you were born, dumbass.

SureShot
07-19-2007, 09:00 PM
Ahh 1994. I graduated High School, and the top grossing movie of the year?

Hawaii_Guy
07-19-2007, 09:07 PM
Soooo since 1970 the Chiefs are 3-11 I think Marty has a better winning % then that.. At lease in the other case you can blame the coach in the chiefs case its just a bad team!

Northman
07-19-2007, 09:08 PM

Most teams have been a smear on Indy's cleats including the Chiefs who gagged on Manning's jock not too long ago at home in the playoffs. I mean god forbid teams lose to the current SB champions and one of the best Qb's in the league today. ::)

As far as us being Elite i think your selling us short there too. We are far more consistent at winning and getting into the playoffs more than the lackluster Chiefs that you oh so crow about all the time. You get tired of hearing the comparisons to your team than leave. No one is forcing you to post here, remember your place boy. This aint CP dip**** so if you cant stand the comparisons get lost.

Arkie
07-19-2007, 09:19 PM
http://www.chuckp3.com/blog/uploaded_images/Madden_94.gif

Northman
07-19-2007, 09:39 PM

Still to recent Arkie, this one is much better.

http://www.mooreschapel.org/fun/images/noah-1jpg.jpg

ZachKC
07-19-2007, 09:42 PM
I was there.

Rugby7
07-19-2007, 09:43 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by this. I don't compare myself to the chiefs and I didn't compare the Broncos to the Chiefs either. That would be like comparing Michael Jordan to Spud Webb. I was only comenting on how Chiefy fan likes to live in a glass house and throw stones.

dumpy
07-19-2007, 09:54 PM

I love when the thread turns into these. Here's one.

Arkie
07-19-2007, 10:00 PM
Still to recent Arkie, this one is much better.

http://www.mooreschapel.org/fun/images/noah-1jpg.jpg

LOL

Mine's actually not a joke. That is Madden 94. It's hard to believe it looked so different back then. The playstation hadn't been released yet. People were still using Windows 3.11 on a 386, and most of us hadn't logged onto the world wide web yet. It's been quite awhile since the chefs won a playoff game. It's even more amazing that it was 1/4 of a century after they won the Super Bowl, and their only bright spot since 1969.

SoDak Bronco
07-19-2007, 11:07 PM
Bob, don't change the subject, I'm not comparing the chiefs to the broncos, I'm merely showing how pathetic of a team you have.

SoDak Bronco
07-19-2007, 11:11 PM
also in 1994 - NFL star O.J. Simpson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O.J._Simpson) and his friend Al Cowlings (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Cowlings) flee from police in his white Ford Bronco (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Bronco). The low speed chase, which unfolds live on television, ends up at Simpson's mansion in Brentwood, Los Angeles, California (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brentwood%2C_Los_Angeles%2C_California), where he then surrenders to police.

Billy Clyde Puckett
07-19-2007, 11:50 PM
38 years and counting

SoDak Bronco
01-15-2009, 11:46 AM
Bump--Just to remind Boob what a pathetic team he has.

Peoples Champ
01-15-2009, 11:50 AM
That doesnt matter. Broncos have only won 1 playoff game in 10 years.

(thats just what everyone always says)

SoDak Bronco
01-15-2009, 11:54 AM
15 year anniversary tomorrow!!! woohoo--what a bunch of losers

Tombstone RJ
01-15-2009, 11:58 AM

Chiefs quarterback Joe Montana threw three touchdown passes in the second half to give his team a 28-20 win. The Oilers jumped to a 10-0 lead in the first quarter with kicker Al Del Greco's 49-yard field goal and running back Gary Brown's 2-yard touchdown. Then after a scoreless second period, Montana threw a 7-yard touchdown pass to tight end Keith Cash in the third quarter. In the fourth period, Del Greco kicked a 43-yard field goal to give Houston a 13-7 lead. But aided by a 38-yard pass interference penalty, the Chiefs advanced 71 yards to score on wide receiver J.J. Birden's 11-yard touchdown reception form Montana. On the Oilers' next possession, Kansas City defensive lineman Dan Saleaumua recovered a fumble by Houston quarterback Warren Moon, setting up Montana's 18-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Willie Davis. The Oilers then drove 80 yards to score on wide receiver Ernest Givins' 7-yard touchdown catch, but the Chiefs responded with running back Marcus Allen's game-clinching 21-yard touchdown that capped off a 79-yard drive.

Memories are like fine wine, they get better with age...

no-pseudo-fan
01-15-2009, 12:07 PM
I was a Junior in High School. Wow.....that was a long time ago.

Rohirrim
01-15-2009, 12:10 PM
I had forgotten that Montana and Marcus Allen had ended their careers in KC. That's like being an out of work actor and the only work you can get is the Love Boat.

01-15-2009, 12:10 PM
So, zero playoff wins in 15 years for the Chiefs, 1 in 10 years for the Broncos.

Yep, completely different franchises.

Tombstone RJ
01-15-2009, 12:11 PM
So, zero playoff wins in 15 years for the Chiefs, 1 in 10 years for the Broncos.

:thumbs: :flower:

Kaylore
01-15-2009, 12:12 PM
Ace of base were the king of '94
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CIVHg31gE4Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CIVHg31gE4Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mwill07
01-15-2009, 12:31 PM

1>0.

I don't know how they do the math in KC, but this is how I was taught.

B-Love
01-15-2009, 12:36 PM
Not that he needed to, but Joe Montana reminded the world how great he was that day in the Astrodome.

The Oilers of that era, were coached by Buddy Ryan and were considered the most physical D in the league. Every person had Montana being carried of the field, before the game started. Instead Montana played great and led the Chiefs to a shocking win.

Classic they have a goose egg since though! Couldn't happen to a better team.

But they have won alot of BBQ awards! Yeahhhh!!

Florida_Bronco
01-15-2009, 12:36 PM
:thumbs: :flower:

Typical Bobo, stat boy cherry picking. I'm actually glad you quoted that one so I can comment on it.

You gotta love how he uses a 15 year timeline for the Chiefs but only 10 for the Broncos, especially when in that extra 5 years Denver put together 8 postseason victories, 2 of which were Super Bowl wins.

So to make it correct...

Chiefs: 1 playoff win since 1994
Broncos: 8 playoff wins; 2 SB titles since 1994

Doesn't look good now, does it? Amazing how you can manipulate stats isn't it?

And it's funny how Bobo keeps harping on us comparing ourselves to the Chiefs. I again reiterate that there is NO comparison between the two, especially at the fan level. The Broncos, their owner and the fans are committed to winning here and will tolerate nothing less. We dumped Ted Sundquist after a few years of his sucking, and Wade Philips was only given 2 years before we booted his ass out the door and we even fired the coach who brought us back to back Super Bowl wins because he failed to make the playoffs for 3 straight years.

Now compare that to the Chiefs. They let stiffs like Dick Vermeil and Carl Peterson hang around for years, both being able to resign on their own terms rather than being fired, and a new GM is the only reason Herm Edwards is (maybe) getting fired.

No one in Broncoland would have tolerated the incompetence of people like Vermeil and Peterson, so don't tell me the franschises are comparable.

(Oh, and someone please quote this message so Bobo can see it. I need to send him on a fit of rage again)

SoDak Bronco
01-15-2009, 12:44 PM
Typical Bobo, stat boy cherry picking. I'm actually glad you quoted that one so I can comment on it.

You gotta love how he uses a 15 year timeline for the Chiefs but only 10 for the Broncos, especially when in that extra 5 years Denver put together 8 postseason victories, 2 of which were Super Bowl wins.

So to make it correct...

And it's funny how Bobo keeps harping on us comparing ourselves to the Chiefs. I again reiterate that there is NO comparison between the two, especially at the fan level. The Broncos, their owner and the fans are committed to winning here and will tolerate nothing less. We dumped Ted Sundquist after a few years of his sucking, and Wade Philips was only given 2 years before we booted his ass out the door and we even fired the coach who brought us back to back Super Bowl wins because he failed to make the playoffs for 3 straight years.

Now compare that to the Chiefs. They let stiffs like Dick Vermeil and Carl Peterson hang around for years, both being able to resign on their own terms rather than being fired, and a new GM is the only reason Herm Edwards is (maybe) getting fired.

No one in Broncoland would have tolerated the incompetence of people like Vermeil and Peterson, so don't tell me the franschises are comparable.

(Oh, and someone please quote this message so Bobo can see it. I need to send him on a fit of rage again)

:thumbs:

Florida_Bronco
01-15-2009, 12:48 PM
:thumbs:

Thank you kind sir! You have served the board well. :thanku:

KCStud
01-15-2009, 12:55 PM
And here goes Brokeback Mt. trying to compare theirselves to the Chiefs to get validation for themselves.

This decade the Broncos have ONE playoff win and a handful of embarassments in the playoffs.

KC has no playoff wins.

Don't see much of a difference there

The entire AFC West has been an embarassment. The team that had the most success in the playoffs was the Faiders in 2002

01-15-2009, 12:58 PM
Not that he needed to, but Joe Montana reminded the world how great he was that day in the Astrodome.

The Oilers of that era, were coached by Buddy Ryan and were considered the most physical D in the league. Every person had Montana being carried of the field, before the game started. Instead Montana played great and led the Chiefs to a shocking win.

Classic they have a goose egg since though! Couldn't happen to a better team.

But they have won alot of BBQ awards! Yeahhhh!!

I watched that game recently. Montana played like **** in the first half.

But he was classic Montana in the second half. With an elbow swolled up to the size of a canned ham no less.

My hero. :flower:

cutthemdown
01-15-2009, 12:59 PM

Well a half a decade is a big deal. We won 2 Superbowls since you won a playoff game. It is a big difference. Not to mention just a few yrs ago we were one game from the Superbowl again.

There is no comparison really.

That and we had trouble getting matched up with Colts who had our number but those Broncos teams were loads better then anything Chiefs had under Trent Green IMO.

cutthemdown
01-15-2009, 01:01 PM
And here goes Brokeback Mt. trying to compare theirselves to the Chiefs to get validation for themselves.

This decade the Broncos have ONE playoff win and a handful of embarassments in the playoffs.

KC has no playoff wins.

The entire AFC West has been an embarassment. The team that had the most success in the playoffs was the Faiders in 2002

Our win to dethrone the Pats superbowl runs in the playoffs just a few yrs ago was better then anything Chiefs have done since Montana was there.

Florida_Bronco
01-15-2009, 01:01 PM

KC has no playoff wins.

This post is a prime example of why you ended up on my ignore list. You are too stupid to be talking about football and your smack talk sucks.

KCStud
01-15-2009, 01:04 PM

So to make it correct...

Clark does want to win. Even the biggest Chief hater Fatlock admits it.

"KANSAS CITY, Mo. ó We have no more questions about Clark Huntís commitment to winning the Super Bowl.

By landing the biggest fish in the NFLís offseason ocean ó Patriots [team stats] front-office guru Scott Pioli ó Hunt told us everything we need to know about his desire to win at the highest level.

Clark Hunt is as passionate and committed as the most fanatic Chiefs fan"

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/f...ts#articleFull

You were saying? :spit:

BroncoBuff
01-15-2009, 01:07 PM
I'm not debating with a female.No way, that's 30 days right there. TJ?

Florida_Bronco
01-15-2009, 01:09 PM
No way, that's 30 days right there. TJ?

I'm pretty sure if Bobo gets banned again, it's permanent.

mwill07
01-15-2009, 01:22 PM
Our win to dethrone the Pats superbowl runs in the playoffs just a few yrs ago was better then anything Chiefs have done since Len Dawson was there.

fixed.

01-15-2009, 01:41 PM
No way, that's 30 days right there. TJ?

Welcome to OVER A YEAR AGO, dumbass.

01-15-2009, 01:42 PM

1 playoff win
0 playoff wins

Totally different eras.

Peoples Champ
01-15-2009, 03:14 PM
1 playoff win
0 playoff wins

Totally different eras.

Instead of comparing 10 years and 15 years, lets just make it constent. Like a science experiment.

15 years

Denver - 2 superbowls (b2b)
KC- 0 playoff wins

broncosteven
01-15-2009, 03:33 PM
I watched that game recently. Montana played like **** in the first half.

But he was classic Montana in the second half. With an elbow swolled up to the size of a canned ham no less.

My hero. :flower:

Did they sign Bono the next year?

broncosteven
01-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Well a half a decade is a big deal. We won 2 Superbowls since you won a playoff game. It is a big difference. Not to mention just a few yrs ago we were one game from the Superbowl again.

That and we had trouble getting matched up with Colts who had our number but those Broncos teams were loads better then anything Chiefs had under Trent Green IMO.

Only 7 franchises have won Back to back SB's.

Best KFC ever did was 2 SB appearances in 4 years and they were 1 - 1

I think the hardest feat in pro sports is repeating as Champions.

Florida_Bronco
01-15-2009, 04:06 PM
Instead of comparing 10 years and 15 years, lets just make it constent. Like a science experiment.

15 years

Denver - 2 superbowls (b2b)
KC- 0 playoff wins

But that would mean Bobo wouldn't be able to twist things to make the Chiefs look good!

gunns
01-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Actually January 16, 1993.

spdirty
01-15-2009, 07:15 PM
I remember that game. The Oilers stumbled out of the gate, think they were like 1-4. Then Buddy Ball kicked in and they won 11 straight or something. I remember he punched Gilbride in the mouth. They were the hot team and I thought they were going to the Super Bowl. First half it was shaping up to be an ass whupin. Then Montana had a great second half, and that was that.

But damn that Oilers defense was good all year.

MOCRUSH
01-15-2009, 08:36 PM
As most long time Chiefs fans know its not about actually winning anything themselves, its about being able to fling some dung on the wall and hope it sticks on those darn Donkeys. The opportunity to make Mr. Ed cracks at Elway and to whisper echoes of "cheating" Donks having to wipe foreign substance off their uniforms for ever and ever means far more than, like, well you know actually winning a playoff game. Victory is a fleeting thing that just leaves you wanting more, but victimhood?.....that endures like a festering boil under many a many a thinning mullet. Did I mention Denver was fined for violating the salary cap? Thanks for all you do KC fans, got any BBQ left?

Peoples Champ
01-16-2009, 07:56 AM
I love ripping on the chiefs and the losing franchise, but in fairness, they have a sweet tailgate, and I had a blast. (however, they have an unfair advantage of more land area for tailgating then most teams/stadiums)

SoDak Bronco
01-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Bump...they may have beat us today, but the Queefs are still a bunch of losers and are coming up on 2 decades of never winning a playoff game.

SoDak Bronco
01-09-2011, 09:26 PM
Gawd the chiefs sucked today..muuauahuaha

Bronco Rob
01-10-2011, 05:13 AM
Gawd the chiefs sucked today..muuauahuaha

It's been "today" for forty years in kansas city chefs land.

just sayin