PDA

View Full Version : What is Your Biggest Concern, 7/1/07?

Drek
07-02-2007, 06:39 PM
Real simple, what aspect of the team has you most concerned and why?

My choice is the D picking up Bates' scheme year one. A lot of guys, especially the vets, really liked Coyer and we had some stretches of greatness in his defense. Bates has gotten teams to buy into his system quickly in the past (see Green Bay's jump in performance form '05) but they were horrible teams before that. We've had late season collapses but we were a good defense much of last year.

2KBack
07-02-2007, 06:44 PM
none of the above. My biggest concern is that Bates is going to force Champ to adjust his style of play to fit his own ideal.

brncs_fan
07-02-2007, 06:50 PM
I voted generic and went with the D picking up Bates scheme because it was closest to my actual concern, that the D-line will be the same wet noodle it has been in the past.

Drek
07-02-2007, 06:54 PM
I voted generic and went with the D picking up Bates scheme because it was closest to my actual concern, that the D-line will be the same wet noodle it has been in the past.

I'd consider that the same scenario. Bates' system generates a significant pass rush when ran correctly, as long as the players buy in and adapt to it quickly enough we'll see a pass rush.

bpc
07-02-2007, 06:57 PM
I'm putting down Henry. I hope he is the guy we need back there. Hard to say right now. There is a lot to like though.

footstepsfrom#27
07-02-2007, 07:07 PM
The entire O-line; Lepsis for a full return from microfracture, Hamilton being to small to pass protect for a pocket QB, Nalen finally hitting the wall, Kuper has no experience, and Pears has only 8 games. They could be anywhere from pretty good to a major weakness...and our future is what their charged with protecting in #6.

Great13
07-02-2007, 07:13 PM
The entire O-line; Lepsis for a full return from microfracture, Hamilton being to small to pass protect for a pocket QB, Nalen finally hitting the wall, Kuper has no experience, and Pears has only 8 games. They could be anywhere from pretty good to a major weakness...and our future is what their charged with protecting in #6.

Well said.. and I agree completely. Jay already has one concussion so that increases the chances of others.. I'll be keeping a close eye on the performance or our O-line throughout training camp and the preseason.

brncs_fan
07-02-2007, 07:22 PM
I'd consider that the same scenario. Bates' system generates a significant pass rush when ran correctly, as long as the players buy in and adapt to it quickly enough we'll see a pass rush.

I think it has less to do with the players buying in and more to do with the players simply having the ability to disrupt plays.

Play2win
07-02-2007, 07:37 PM
I went with RG/RT. But I think its simpler than that...

I hope our tackles can protect Cutler.

I hope our tackles can hold back the edge rushers so Cutler doesn't get murdered back there.

Of course, Henry doing his job will combat this. I am pretty sure we are going to be fine, but IF I did have one concern, that would be it.

bronclvr
07-02-2007, 07:47 PM
Sorry,

I think Jay has what it takes-he will blossom into one of the League's best and I think he will get better as time goes on, but for now, the $64,000.00 question is will he have "IT" in 2007-

Killericon
07-02-2007, 07:51 PM
Stopping the run.

Hotrod
07-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Wait are you asking what I was worried about most yesterday or today?

Ok its Matt and his knee.

Billy Clyde Puckett
07-02-2007, 08:16 PM
Health - Losing a prime piece of the puzzle (Lepsis, cutler, Walker, Champ, DJ, etc) could doom the season

Hercules Rockefeller
07-02-2007, 08:29 PM
Cutler, only played 5 games. He's still a rookie in terms of on-field experience.

Bronco_Beerslug
07-02-2007, 08:42 PM
D-line, Safety and LBs.

Archie
07-02-2007, 09:45 PM
I've got a "bunch" of concerns (despite how excited I am for this team). They include the D line, our Safeties, and whether our O-Line returns to form... But the big one remains Cutler. He can/will be a stud. I have no doubt. But expecting him to be a stud his first full year is hard. So, that's my biggest concern. It can't be masked. The others are all "team" worries. Cutler is just one guy. No one can cover for him. If he does not do well that's the end of that. One player in any of the other areas can suffer and be covered by someone else.

RunSilentRunDeep
07-02-2007, 09:46 PM

Ding, ding ding! We have a winner. The defense will pick up Bates's scheme just fine. The key is the o-line keep Jay upright and being able to open holes in the 4th quarter on 3rd and 2.

NYBronco
07-02-2007, 09:50 PM
Gotta give Cutler at least an additional second of pass protection over last years OL breakdowns.

OrangeShadow
07-02-2007, 09:52 PM
other- the revamped defensive line actually getting pressure

Bronco_Beerslug
07-02-2007, 09:53 PM
Ding, ding ding! We have a winner. The defense will pick up Bates's scheme just fine. The key is the o-line keep Jay upright and being able to open holes in the 4th quarter on 3rd and 2.We're @ the Colts week 4 so we'll know then if that's true or not.

Atlas
07-02-2007, 10:31 PM
My biggest concern is that TJ will ask Boob to take over Garcia's spot.

Jana®
07-02-2007, 10:35 PM
I picked other. My concern is our annual mid season slump. Will we get past that this year?

SoCalBronco
07-02-2007, 10:48 PM
It is hard to pick one chief concern. There are alot of concerns, but there are also alot of things I am not concerned about either.

I'm not worried about Cutler. I'm not worried about Henry, although I do have a concern in the backfield because we do not have a big play threat, Henry and Bell are more of the bruiser role, which is good for this offense, but it would be nice to have that home run element too so that draws and traps would be effective countermeasures to an overaggressive pass rush from the front four and same being true for HB Screens against teams that blitz too much.

In light of Rod's surgery and dropoff last season, Walker is the only proven guy, but I am not worried about having sufficient targets in the passing game. Graham will be helpful and is proven in the underneath game. Scheffler has already demonstrated the ability to be a field stretcher from the inside on seams and corners. We will see if Marshall develops but I think he is up to it.

The OL is a big problem. It will be easier for Pears in pass pro at RT then it was for him last year at LT, but it will be more difficult in the run game, can he handle that? Graham should help. Lepsis obviously is a concern, is he going to be as quick, he will need to be going against the speed rushers. Kuper or Holland will be an upgrade over Carlisle in the run game, but what about in pass pro? I dont think Holland has ever been that good in pass pro and Kuper was mainly a road grader in Division II. There are real pass protection issues with this OL.

I am concerned at DT. Big Guy (now Billy Clyde Puckett) has pointed this out before....why did we start stumbling over ourselves to sign alot of beef in Kennedy and Adams? Are we going to have with Warren the problem we had with Trevor in that he is unwilling and/or unable to play a two gap DT role and get beaten up for the LBs? What about Thomas....one inference you might draw from Kennedy and Adams coming in was that he was not adjusting well to this scheme....remember Thomas is a pass rushing DT at Florida and was also good vs. the run....he isnt your typical exclusively run stuffing fatass Bates DT.... although he was probably attractive to Bates anyway because he was able to be effective even when he was at 315 after being in the 290s earlier. Veal and McKinley are obviously undersized for these roles. I dunno......it is a bit disturbing to see them go through OTAs and then after that, trip overthemselves trying to sign DTs. The DEs are less of a problem for me. There has now been an infusion of talented bodies there along with Doom, they will be ok I think, their run responsibility will not be emphasized in this scheme anyway so that will also help them out.

OLB is a concern. The team seemed to agree by targetting Lawrence Timmons in the first round as one of their three key guys. I think Ian will be aided by the scheme though, it will help to keep guys off him so he doesnt get engulfed by blockers, he will still have to improve his shoddy tackling. There is nothing special about any of the guys currently competing at Sam, although it is nice that Moore played for Bates before, that might help him (and us) out if he wins the job. Unless we are going to play alot of banjo coverage with the Mike and Sam in our man coverage, I am concerned that the very strong opposing TEs in this division will rip up Holdman/Moore/Webster etc. in straight man-under, so maybe we can play some banjo man or something so that DJ will cover them. Speaking of DJ, I think he will be terrific this season in chasing people down all over the place, I expect him to be constantly in the opposing backfield racking up TFL. I do expect him to blow some assignments and sometimes continue to overrun things, he has alot more mental responsibility now and that isnt the top part of his game, he's got to get used to angles from the MLB position and there will be mistakes made there, but overall I am not worried about him because I think he will be a huge force in the run defense, he's going to be free to use his gifts now and I think that will be great overall, despite some expected mental mistakes.

S is a big problem that the team was stupid to ignore in the draft. I don't appreciate how little regard Ted Sundquist has for the intellect of fans, he believes fans are basically stupid and will eat anything no matter how ridiculous it is to folks who follow the team on a day to day basis...I could go on and cite numerous examples from the last couple years in particular but I was taken aback after the draft when he said that we didnt draft anyone because no one there could unseat Fergy. Look, we are not morons...do not treat us as such. Give us a reasonable explanation....something like limited picks and multiple needs so tough decisions had to be made...dont tell me no one from the draft could help, no one could unseat Fergy. Fergy has never been an outstanding safety, at best he has been above average and his own limitations have been exposed repeatedly...I dont need to mention his infamous 3 inch vertical leap in the AFCCG and he is coming off an ACL and is in his 30s. Nelson or Merriweather could have unseated Fergy 10 mins into OTAs, a number of mid round safety prospects like Gattis, Weddle, etc. also could have provided a huge serious challenge in Year 1, so dont lie and dont create this image that we are fine at safety when it is a crisis. You have two guys in their mid 30s, neither very athletic, both trying to rely on technique and smarts to get by. Coyer has had to play Tampa Two to mask these guys weaknesses in coverage the last few years. Now we are not going to do that. These guys are going to have to play man and these guys are going to have to play quarters coverage. We are going to have an impending problem at this position very soon. I know people like Abdullah and Cox but not for starting material. It is instructive that the team would rather have rag doll Foxworth in there out of position when we needed to plug in someone at S against SD then those two because they obviously did not like what they had to offer in pass coverage. This is a huge problem the safety position. Huge concern.

Atlas
07-02-2007, 11:10 PM
How can you not be worried about Cutler. Denver will only go as far as Cutler takles them. I believe they are solid at every position. If Cutler plays great. Denver could be Super Bowl Bound. If Cutler plays Good Denver could win the AFC West, definetly make they playoffs. If he plays average Denver is a 8-8, 9-7 team.

JLesSPE
07-03-2007, 12:20 AM
I'm most interested in how Cutler plays this year. The defense was great last year, despite the collapse and lack of pressure. If the offense had been able to sustain drives and keep the D fresh the early season dominance would've continued, IMO. On top of that, Bly came in and there is an influx of young talent on the line.

I'm not worried about Henry...he's a RB and this is Denver. After Elway rode off into that beautiful Rocky Mountain sunset we've been very unstable at the position. Cutler has the chance to bring stability to arguably the most important position on a football team. There is always the pressure of playing QB in the mile high city, the expectations that come with being a standout collegiate athlete, and learning to play QB the Shanny way. If he plays well we could be a very very dangerous team.

I'm probably just a homer, but I'm very confident in the rest of the team and just don't see any gaping holes.

NFLBRONCO
07-03-2007, 12:29 AM
Protection for Cutler he has played 5 games and has been dinged good once he needs to avoid concussions.

Los Broncos
07-03-2007, 12:33 AM
Our o-line is my biggest worry. Its our teams backbone, we need to establish the run early and often.

Pick Six
07-03-2007, 12:38 AM
Cutler is definitely a concern, but the defense in a new scheme is my greatest concern. You can't go through the season simply outscoring the opponent, unless you're Peyton Manning...

Billy Clyde Puckett
07-03-2007, 12:49 AM
In light of Rod's surgery and dropoff last season, Walker is the only proven guy,

is a big problem that the team was stupid to ignore in the draft. This is a huge problem the safety position. Huge concern.

And Walker is still coming off a major injury and a psychological issue with the DW killing. Based on reports, there was a target in the limo, but it was not DW. Was it Walker?

As for safety, I agree, it is a position that needs an upgrade, but no team can be perfect with the salary cap. I have never been a Fergy fan. I only hope that they can cover for him one more year and pick up a decent safety in FA next year.

bpc
07-03-2007, 02:19 AM
I don't know, to me I'm not really worried about the Oline or the Dline. I actually feel quite confident about the positions.

I think with Nalen, and Hamilton, they will be fine. I wish Ham were a little bigger for pass protection but we can work around that. He looked fine most times I watched him on some previous games. Lepsis brings up the injury issue... he has been here before and he is already practicing so maybe I just feel okay about it already. I was more nervous about Javon last offseason not practicing and that sort going into TC and having problems with his knee than Lepsis.

The right side of the line is another story. Definately some turnover there. I think we would agree that Kuper and the gentleman we picked up from NO (Johnson? I'm sorry, too lazy to look up his name right now) will both be very solid run blockers and provide nice competition at RG. I surprisingly feel very good at RT with the guys we have. Maybe its the windfall of getting rid of Foster and knowing that we CAN'T help but get better... maybe its that Meadows showed that he was very solid and still a good technician in the short time that I saw him play last season. Erik Pears for me has been one of the most underappreciated players from last season. He had a couple of rough plays against good players but for the most part he was a very solid player at the OL's hardest position. I see him continueing to get better as his career progresses. The nice thing is, he immediately fullfills a backup need at LT and I feel comfortable with him there. Meadows and Pears would be solid OT's if Lepsis has any setbacks.

At DT... I don't really feel like we were desperate besides in the draft with Marcus Thomas but that was do to two things... we needed some young talent and he was a steal in the 4th round. As for Sam Adams and Jimmy Kennedy, I just think they provided great bargains for this franchise and fit perfectly for this system. I feel much better about getting Sam Adams for free and a young Jimmy Kennedy who could flourish with some different coaches and a different system. I am much happier than if we would have landed big daddy Wilkinson who is a LAZY POS.

I don't know, I feel calm, confident and excited about our line. I think they are going to make great strides this year from the vets gelling to the rookies that we have in the lineup. Should be fun to watch.

BroncoBuff
07-03-2007, 04:06 AM
Excellent insights by SoCal ... but I don't agree we "stumbled over ourselves" to sign beefy DTs. Bates' scheme, which has been very successful for two teams, is to pack beef inside. We tried with Wilkinson, no go ... that doesn't mean tryingh again is "stumbling." If Sam Adams can play as well as he has the least couple seasons, and if Kennedy can discipline himself to plug the gaps and not shoot them ... both these signing are mere fulfillment of Bates' personnel requirements. We couldda done a heckuva lot worse acquiring beefy DTs than Adams, Kennedy, McKinley and the rookie Thomas. In fact, I'd give the team an "A" grade in addressing the DT position.

The rest of your post echos much of what I feel, especially:
S is a big problem that the team was stupid to ignore in the draft.

I was screaming all winter to sign UFA Deon Grant, or even Giants RFA Gibril Wilson. I think we all are concerned with Brandon and Ferguson coming off surgeries, and Lynch and Ferguson's age.

But because Shanahan's signature aggression in player acquisition continued better than ever, but without a safety, I'm thinking we might be underestimating Hamza Abdullah. For now, I'm taking Lynch at his word, and presuming Abdullah is a star in the making. Plus (although he's too small for SS) they're talking about Foxworth at safety now. Just as we seem to be underrating Abdullah, I think we may be overrating Foxworth - all the signs seem to point to a lack of coaching staff confidence in Foxworth.

Finally, there is Curome Cox ... one of my favorite non-starters. He has always shwon a kind of nose for the ball. As such, maybe he's a candidate for free safety. In 2009, we might even start Abdullah and Cox at safeties.

Killericon
07-03-2007, 04:07 AM
If we're talking individual positions, then it's either SS or SOLB.

SoCalBronco
07-03-2007, 04:17 AM
Excellent insights by SoCal ... but I don't agree we "stumbled over ourselves" to sign beefy DTs. Bates' scheme, which has been very successful for two teams, is to pack beef inside.

I understand that Senator, but what I am saying is that Warren is 325 and Thomas is 315, these guys are supposed to be the man at the position, they are both big enough (and despite his size, Thomas is also pretty good as a pass rusher) to be two gappers, sure ofcourse Veal and McKinley are small, but the concern is mainly Thomas and Warren, they HAVE the size for it, yet it would appear that they were not up to par in the OTAs. I give Thomas slack because he is a rookie and missed most of his college season and is transitioning into a defensive system much different than Charlie Strong/Greg Mattison's Florida system, I am mainly concerned with Warren, who, in theory, should be perfect for this style, yet we are running out to sign more fatasses. It is a bit disturbing. That said, the depth there now is solid.

BroncoBuff
07-03-2007, 04:36 AM
I can't apply the word "concern" to either of our new, young field generals Jay Cutler and D.J. Williams. Both are very talented, exciting players ... they are what they are.

Injuries concern me a heckuva lot more. And the fluke-ish way Lepsis was hurt in Cleveland - away from the ball and without any contact - makes me nervous as hell about him. I'm really hoping Meadows and Pears both come through strong this camp, because Ryan Harris would be a tenuous backup for Matt.

But what really bothers me about Lepsis is that nasty-sounding "cadaver ligament." I think we all know what happens when patients have body parts transplanted into them from donors they don't know. They begin to take on characteristics of that person.

What if the cadaver was a criminal?

What if the cadaver had little or no athletic ability?

Those are the questions that keep me up at night.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/9559/zombieswp3.jpg

BroncoBuff
07-03-2007, 04:39 AM
I understand that Senator, but what I am saying is that Warren is 325 and Thomas is 315, these guys are supposed to be the man at the position, they are both big enough (and despite his size, Thomas is also pretty good as a pass rusher) to be two gappers, sure ofcourse Veal and McKinley are small, but the concern is mainly Thomas and Warren, they HAVE the size for it, yet it would appear that they were not up to par in the OTAs. I give Thomas slack because he is a rookie and missed most of his college season and is transitioning into a defensive system much different than Charlie Strong/Greg Mattison's Florida system, I am mainly concerned with Warren, who, in theory, should be perfect for this style, yet we are running out to sign more fatasses. It is a bit disturbing. That said, the depth there now is solid.

Agree on all but Thomas, who you seem to rely on, on one hand, then acknowledge he needs time on the other.

Mark my words: Marcus Thomas will find his way onto IR this year ...

chrisp
07-03-2007, 05:30 AM
I think pass protection is the biggest concern. Run blocking will be fine, and with Henry back there they may even get better production out of the same level of line play, but if Lepsis is not back to 100% fully-fit (and we won't know untill the live bullets start flying) then we are looking at a patchwork quilt at the tackle positions which does not bode well for Cutler.

I think that teams may well blitz heavily this year, partly due to Cutler but also due to our question marks at tackle, and if we can't stand up to that we will struggle.

IF Lepsis is back to 100% then i think that with Pears at RT and better Blitz pickups from the TE, HB and FB positions will ensure that teams get burned by the blitz often enough that they only use it sparingly...

Thankfully, however, we do have a QB who is used to running for his life and only having 1.5 secs to get rid of the ball.....

Drek
07-03-2007, 10:15 AM

I don't think getting Kennedy or Adams was an indictment against Warren or Thomas working out as two gappers. I think it was more a case of Bates letting Shanahan and Sundquist know that Veal and McKinley wouldn't cut it. Thats why we pursued Wilkinson and Jenkins before we'd even drafted Thomas. In the end the available bigs were Kennedy and Adams. Jimmy Kennedy isn't exactly known for stellar play in a two gap system himself, but he's at least got the size and physical skills for it, just like Warren and Thomas.

This is another reason why I chose the D picking up Bates' scheme quickly enough. Our interior linemen except for Adams are big guys who don't want to play the two gap. They have the ability to but they have to buy in and commit themselves to being two gappers. Maybe having Adams, a veteran two gapper with a very respectable career, will help serve as an example to them but as it stands right now we're left wondering.

maher_tyler
07-03-2007, 11:39 AM
I picked OLB's i'd like to say just LB's in general..Gold is the only one playing his original position from last year, DJ is athletic and i don't think he'll have a problem picking up at MLB you never know though but the guy play Sam has to cover TE's like Gates and Gonzo a total of 4 times a year do you trust whoever that is can get the job done..right now i don't.
Also i think as long as Henry puts together 100 yard games we'll be fine..that's gonna open up some nice looking play action...picture us doing a PA and hitting Walker in stride for a deep ball and touchdown...so in another way it comes down to how well we run the ball..if were chewing up clock we don't have to worry about the D even being on the field and when they are their fresh!!

footstepsfrom#27
07-03-2007, 12:37 PM
SoCal, I agree with you 90% of the time but I think you're off on this one. I don't think Shanny is forming opinions of his new D-line based on guys running around in shorts. Remember that they tried trading for Big Fatty even BEFORE the OTA's, so it's not like they just went looking for more lard butts once they got a look at the current crop. Also, if you compare Bates defenses in Green Bay and Miami, two things stand out; first, both were excellent against the pass and mediocre to bad against the run. Green Bay finished 1st against the pass and 23rd vs the run. Miami finished 2nd against the pass and 2nd to last against the run...see a trend here? As much as people talk about how Bates likes big run stuffing tackles, his guys in both Miami and Green Bay FAILED to stuff the run.

Second, I get the feeling that he wants a bigger rotation than we had with just Warren, McKinley and Thomas. At Miami in 2004 Tim Bowens, Mario Monds and Larry Chester are all listed at 325 but together they played only 7 games, which may be why they stunk it up against the run. It looks lilke they mainly rotated Bryan Robinson (300) and Jeff Zgonina (listed between 290-305) and Dario Romero (305) inside. None of those guys are any bigger than Thomas but they did get 8 1/2 sacks out of that group, so apparently it wasn't just about plugging the gaps when they had those undersized DT's in there, and that contributed to their success against the pass.

You see pretty much the same thing in Miami expressed in the 2005 Green Bay defense. They used Grady Jackson (345), Colin Cole (325), and Corey Williams (313) at DT, but they also rotated Cullen Jenkins (290, 4 1/2 sacks) and Mike Montgomery (275) at DT as well. Once again, that defense was much better against the pass.

I think Bates is trying to find the optimal mix between penetrators and space eaters. In Miami his space eaters were apparently injured a considerable amount of time and the terrible run defense reflected that. In Green Bay he had those guys in the game more but they still had a mediocre run defense so he felt like he needed to get bigger here in Denver. Obviously if you add Adams (345), and Kennedy (325) to Warren (325)...you now have a bigger (and more talented) DT mix than he had at either Miami or Green Bay, and they still have interior guys who can penetrate in Thomas and McKinley.

Orange_Beard
07-03-2007, 01:08 PM
O-line.
Will they open holes?
Will the give Jay time to work down field?

jsco70
07-03-2007, 01:12 PM
I voted Lepsis. That said, I think Cutler is adept at avoiding the rush and he got to experience in-game speed last year. If I recall, the play he received a concussion on, Foster basically whiffed on the block and Jay got creamed. I'm hedging my bet the o-line will be better without 72. Unless, of course, Lepsis doesn't return to form.

cmhargrove
07-03-2007, 01:53 PM
O-line, O-line, O-line.

The O-line is about chemistry, they need it fast. We don't want a repeat of the SF game last year. Seeing Cutler with a concussion was just a travesty. Not being able to score on three first and goals was unbearably hard to swallow. Broncos run the football, then it opens up the game for a gifted guy like Cutler to win us a superbowl. Take away our O-line and the ability to run, and we won't even make the playoffs.

O-line, O-line, O-line.

BroncoFanDoug
07-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Safety. Aging or coming off significant injuries.

orange 4 life
07-03-2007, 04:27 PM
im shocked to see so many other votes for cutler, though i think thats clearly the biggest concern.
i think virtually ALL of us believe the kid can (and probably WILL) become a star in this league, but i also dont think its gonna happen this year.
its a difficult pill to swallow for me (as you all remember :P ) since we were only one game away from the superbowl when we drafted him.
was plummer the ANSWER as cutler may well be? of course not.
that said, he also wasnt the PROBLEM.
further, given the team we have going into this season (only other big concern to me is the ability to get a pass rush) i think with plummer we couldve reasonably targeted the superbowl.

still, this cutlers team now, and in the long run i believe we'll all be thankful for that.
my hope is that we can get above .500 and at least make the playoffs.
between the few games last year (and being able to watch and learn under plummer) and a full season this year, i think he just might be ready to take us to the promised land in '08. i sure hope so given that i dont see rod playing past '08.

here's to hoping for a great season, and here's to hoping our young qb can start to put together the pieces of the puzzle.
one thing is for sure. it'll be fun to watch that cannon for a right arm all season!!

jake

TiZZaH
07-03-2007, 04:32 PM
D-line, specifically pass rush

27atwater
07-03-2007, 04:50 PM
Safety, Safety and...ummm...well, Safety.

snowtrx
07-03-2007, 05:06 PM
O-line, O-line, O-line.

The O-line is about chemistry, they need it fast. We don't want a repeat of the SF game last year. Seeing Cutler with a concussion was just a travesty. Not being able to score on three first and goals was unbearably hard to swallow. Broncos run the football, then it opens up the game for a gifted guy like Cutler to win us a superbowl. Take away our O-line and the ability to run, and we won't even make the playoffs.

O-line, O-line, O-line.

:thumbsup:
Agree 100%! I have full confidence in Jay this year as long as we can control the clock with Henry/Whoever and the line gives Jay time in passing situations. We know that Jay can provide the big plays, so no matter how we put it, he will never be a "manage the game" type of QB as in Dilfer & Plummer.

If the O-line provides Henry with opportunity to bring back classic Bronco TOP (35 vs. 25 min) and with expected redzone improvements (Cutler/Graham/Henry), we shouldn’t be in too many 4th qrt deficits. Even then, we know Jay has great potential here. The two drives against Cincinnati and SF (although he didn’t follow it up in OT), gave me a confidence I haven’t had in 9yrs. !Booya!

I can't wait to see the play fake bombs to Walker/Marshall/Shefler. Plays like we had with Cutler to Walker in AZ, every freaking week!!!

The MVPlaya
03-29-2010, 08:42 PM
bummp per request