PDA

View Full Version : All time NBA draft thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3

freak6
06-20-2007, 07:57 PM
I select 6 foot 9, Hall of Famer, PF, Bob McAdoo.

Last player to average 30 and 15!!!!

McAdoo won the 1973 NBA Rookie of the Year Award in his first season, and earned the first of three consecutive NBA scoring titles in only his second season.

In 1974-75 he was awarded the NBA Most Valuable Player Award, averaging 34.5 points, 14.1 rebounds and 2.12 blocks per game,

while shooting 51.2 percent from the field and 80.5 percent from the free throw line.

This old schoolers stats aren't swayed with ABA numbers, straight NBA, and straight DOMINATED from the get go.

Despite injuries he had a 13 year career capped by helping the Lakers win 2 rings as thier 6th man.

I think I may have just gotten the steal of the draft. His per game stats are dramatically smaller due to him taking much less minutes to play with the Champion Lakers.

He left the NBA, and then went to Europe and won championships there before retiring at age 41.

Top Gunners

C - ?
PF - Bob McAdoo - Hall of Famer
SF - Larry Bird - Hall of Famer
SG - Kobe Bryant - Certain Hall of Famer
PG - Allen Iverson - Certain Hall of Famer

My squad is straight scoring. Fun to imagine Iverson breaking down whoever with defenders behind him unable to help with Larry sitting outside with Kobe, or Kobe cutting behind the double team, and McAdoo waiting in the wings to clean up.

RhymesayersDU
06-20-2007, 09:16 PM
Well, llama took the guy I wanted, which was KG. I was in love with his leadership, his 20/10 stats, and his many 1st-Team All Defense appearances, like 6 or 7 I believe. Maybe 8. But I digress.

Right now, I've got Shaq at Center, and a back court of Drexler and King James. It's time for PF and SF. As much as I want some defense, I just couldn't pass up a SF like Adrian Dantley.

http://cache.nba.com/media/history/dantley_351.jpg

What makes Dantley stand out? His 24.3 PPG, 5.7 RPG, and 3.0 APG are all wonderful. He even had 30+ PPG for four straight seasons. But the amazing thing to me is that he shot .540 for his career, ranking him at a tie for 18 on the all time field goal percentage leaders.

18, you might think isn't anything special. But sometimes, as they say, numbers lie. I highly reccomend you guys check out the list of all-time best FG%. Guys like Shaq, Barkley, hell even Eddy Curry is higher than Dantley. The point? The point is, every player ahead of Dantley is a PF or C, guys who make their livings off dunks, shots in the lane, rebounding and put backs. Hell, even the guy tied at 18 with Dantley is Wilt Chamberlain. I don't want to turn this into a footstepsfrom#27 mini novel, but the point is summed up with this, from NBA.com:

"On the court, the athletic Dantley was as smooth an outside shooter as could be, a force on the inside with an explosive first step, and a master of psychology."

Can't beat his accuracy and efficiency, especially outside of the paint on the perimeter. The lost art of the mid-range jumper.

7:17 PM MST, Runnin' & Gunnin' takes SF Adrian Dantley.

Runnin' & Gunnin'
PG - LeBron James
SG - Clyde Drexler
SF - Adrian Dantley
PF -
C - Shaquille O'Neal

Clockwork Orange
06-20-2007, 10:33 PM
Time to get some guys in the backcourt.

I'm proud to select Joe Dumars, G, Pistons.

http://perso.orange.fr/nba-history/images/chrono/autres/p1_dumars_all.jpg

Season Ag Tm Lg G MP FG FGA 3P 3PA FT FTA ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
+------------------+----+----+----+----+---+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+---+---+---+---+----+
1985-86 22 DET NBA 82 23.9 3.5 7.3 0.1 0.2 2.3 2.9 0.7 0.7 1.5 4.8 0.8 0.1 1.9 2.4 9.4
1986-87 23 DET NBA 79 30.9 4.7 9.5 0.1 0.3 2.3 3.1 0.6 1.5 2.1 4.5 1.1 0.1 2.2 2.5 11.8
1987-88 24 DET NBA 82 33.3 5.5 11.7 0.0 0.2 3.1 3.8 0.8 1.7 2.4 4.7 1.1 0.2 2.1 1.9 14.2
1988-89 25 DET NBA 69 34.9 6.6 13.1 0.2 0.4 3.8 4.4 0.8 1.7 2.5 5.7 0.9 0.1 2.6 1.5 17.2
1989-90 26 DET NBA 75 34.4 6.8 14.1 0.3 0.7 4.0 4.4 0.8 2.0 2.8 4.9 0.8 0.0 1.9 1.7 17.8
1990-91 27 DET NBA 80 38.1 7.8 16.2 0.2 0.6 4.6 5.2 0.8 1.6 2.3 5.5 1.1 0.1 2.4 1.7 20.4
1991-92 28 DET NBA 82 38.9 7.2 16.0 0.6 1.5 5.0 5.8 1.0 1.3 2.3 4.6 0.9 0.1 2.4 1.8 19.9
1992-93 29 DET NBA 77 40.2 8.8 18.9 1.5 3.9 4.5 5.2 0.8 1.1 1.9 4.0 1.0 0.1 1.8 1.8 23.5
1993-94 30 DET NBA 69 37.6 7.3 16.2 1.8 4.6 4.0 4.8 0.5 1.7 2.2 3.8 0.9 0.1 2.3 1.7 20.4
1994-95 31 DET NBA 67 38.0 6.2 14.5 1.5 5.0 4.1 5.1 0.7 1.7 2.4 5.5 1.1 0.1 3.3 2.3 18.1
1995-96 32 DET NBA 67 32.7 3.8 8.9 1.8 4.4 2.4 2.9 0.4 1.6 2.1 4.0 0.6 0.0 1.4 1.6 11.8
1996-97 33 DET NBA 79 37.0 4.9 11.1 2.1 4.9 2.8 3.2 0.5 1.9 2.4 4.0 0.7 0.0 1.6 1.2 14.7
1997-98 34 DET NBA 72 32.3 4.6 11.0 2.2 5.9 1.8 2.1 0.2 1.3 1.4 3.5 0.6 0.0 1.2 1.4 13.1
1998-99 35 DET NBA 38 29.4 3.8 9.2 2.3 5.8 1.3 1.6 0.3 1.5 1.8 3.5 0.6 0.1 1.4 1.3 11.3
+------------------+----+----+----+----+---+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+---+---+---+---+----+
14 Seasons 1018 34.5 5.9 12.8 1.0 2.5 3.4 4.0 0.7 1.5 2.2 4.5 0.9 0.1 2.0 1.8 16.1

Michael Jordan called Joe Dumars the best defender he ever faced in his career. A rare class act from the Detroit "Bad Boy" teams, Dumars helped the Pistons win a pair of championships, being named the '89 Finals MVP in the process. He was a six time All-Star, 1st Team All-Defense 4 times and 2nd Team All-Defense once.

My yet to be named team
G
G Joe Dumars
C Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
F Alex English
F Charles Barkely

This pick made at 8:30 P.M. MST. -Slap- is now on the clock.

azbroncfan
06-20-2007, 10:53 PM
Well, llama took the guy I wanted, which was KG. I was in love with his leadership, his 20/10 stats, and his many 1st-Team All Defense appearances, like 6 or 7 I believe. Maybe 8. But I digress.

Right now, I've got Shaq at Center, and a back court of Drexler and King James. It's time for PF and SF. As much as I want some defense, I just couldn't pass up a SF like Adrian Dantley.

http://cache.nba.com/media/history/dantley_351.jpg

What makes Dantley stand out? His 24.3 PPG, 5.7 RPG, and 3.0 APG are all wonderful. He even had 30+ PPG for four straight seasons. But the amazing thing to me is that he shot .540 for his career, ranking him at a tie for 18 on the all time field goal percentage leaders.

18, you might think isn't anything special. But sometimes, as they say, numbers lie. I highly reccomend you guys check out the list of all-time best FG%. Guys like Shaq, Barkley, hell even Eddy Curry is higher than Dantley. The point? The point is, every player ahead of Dantley is a PF or C, guys who make their livings off dunks, shots in the lane, rebounding and put backs. Hell, even the guy tied at 18 with Dantley is Wilt Chamberlain. I don't want to turn this into a footstepsfrom#27 mini novel, but the point is summed up with this, from NBA.com:

"On the court, the athletic Dantley was as smooth an outside shooter as could be, a force on the inside with an explosive first step, and a master of psychology."

Can't beat his accuracy and efficiency, especially outside of the paint on the perimeter. The lost art of the mid-range jumper.

7:17 PM MST, Runnin' & Gunnin' takes SF Adrian Dantley.

Runnin' & Gunnin'
PG - LeBron James
SG - Clyde Drexler
SF - Adrian Dantley
PF -
C - Shaquille O'Neal

Damn I was hoping somehow he would make it back to me.

Master___Pain
06-21-2007, 12:43 AM
I'm very concerned that -Slap- is going to take my man.....don't do it -Slap-

RhymesayersDU
06-21-2007, 12:53 AM
I have a feeling I know who MP wants, and I want him next round.

BOOOOOO.

JCMElway
06-21-2007, 01:05 AM
Slap is on the clock until 11 AM CST on Thursday.

MP, GSRey, and Killericon are on deck.

By the by, outstanding picks of Mcadoo, Joe D and A Dantley. I was really planning on taking Joe D soon.

Bastards. Now who the hell am I gonna take?

-Slap-
06-21-2007, 03:16 AM
My point guard is Dennis Johnson.

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/9895/11721995063388fo8.jpg

With West and Barry adept at handling the ball, I don't require a conventional point guard to run my offense, so I chose one of the greatest defensive players in basketball history instead. DJ was the best defensive guard of his era, as evidenced by nine straight appearances on the All Defensive team. He was also one of the smartest and most versatile players ever. He led the SuperSonics to the NBA Title in 1979, winning the NBA Finals MVP Award in the process. He won two more titles in Boston and Larry Bird called Johnson the best teammate he ever had.

NBA Finals MVP (1979)

NBA champion (1979, '84, '86)

All-NBA First Team (1981)

All-NBA Second Team (1980)

All-Defensive First Team six times (1979-83, '87)

All-Defensive Second Team three times (1984-86)

Five-time NBA All-Star (1979-82, '85)

The only possible reason DJ isn't in the Hall of Fame is because of all the Celtics from that team to make it already, the entire front line, plus Walton. The article by Bill Simmons below makes a very nice case for Johnson's inclusion in the Hall:

DJ should have made Springfield while still alive (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/070222)

Sad and angry. That's how I feel.

First, the sad part: Dennis Johnson dropped dead Thursday at the age of 52. I never met him and only followed his career from afar, most notably when he played for my beloved Celtics, so I won't pretend to be as distraught as his family, friends and former teammates. My condolences to everyone who knew him and loved him. At the same time, I am sad, and he's a guy who meant an inordinate amount to me during a time when sports probably meant a little too much. Maybe I wasn't part of his life, but he was a huge part of mine. So it's a sad day for Celtics fans (as well as his fans from Pepperdine, Seattle and Phoenix). As one of my friends e-mailed me today, "It's really hard to dodge the feeling that someone in control has just decided to with the Boston Celtics this year. Really hard."

Now, the angry part: DJ passed away before the Basketball Hall of Fame found a place for him. He's going to make it within the next few years -- probably in 2008, when everyone gives him the proverbial sympathy vote (this summer's finalists have already been announced and he wasn't one) -- and they'll have the ceremony without him in Springfield, Mass., and everyone will say, "It's a proud day, but it's also a bittersweet day because DJ wasn't here to see it," and then they'll put up his plaque and we'll go on with our lives.

Not acceptable. He should have made it already. I wrote about this ongoing injustice last fall, when Joe Dumars made the Hall with credentials that weren't any better or worse than DJ's resume (or Sidney Moncrief's, for that matter). It didn't make sense then and doesn't make sense now. DJ played 14 seasons, made five All-Star teams, won the 1979 Finals MVP and three rings overall, and made All-NBA first-team in '81 and All-NBA second-team in '80. Dumars played 14 seasons, made six All-Star teams (in a weaker era of players), won the 1989 Finals MVP and two rings overall, and made the second-team All-NBA in '93. But this isn't about Dumars vs. DJ -- it's about a great basketball player who never got his just due.

Consider the following:

[B]1. Indisputably, DJ was the greatest defensive guard of his era: Nine straight All-Defensive appearances from 1979 to 1987 (six on the first team, three on the second team), and that doesn't even begin to describe how destructive he played on that end (only Scottie Pippen rivaled his talent for completely disrupting another team's offense). When the Celtics traded for him before the '84 season, they did it because they needed someone to shut down Philadelphia's Andrew Toney, who tortured them in the playoffs every spring. As it turned out, the Sixers never beat them again. Also, every Celtics fan remembers how the 1984 Finals turned when DJ demanded to guard Magic before Game 4 (Magic was a shell for the rest of the series), or DJ's singular obliteration of Robert Reid in the '86 Finals. An all-defensive team for the past 30 years cannot include anyone other than these five guys: DJ, Payton, Pippen, Ben Wallace and Hakeem. Nobody else qualifies.

2. DJ will be remembered by everyone who was there as one of the best big-game guards who ever played. Basically, it's Clyde Frazier, Jerry West, Sam Jones, Reggie Miller, Michael Jordan and DJ on the list. From 1978 to 1988 with three different teams, DJ played in six NBA Finals and two other conference finals, going down as the best all-around guard for 11 straight seasons on teams that won 47, 52, 56, 57, 46, 53, 62, 63, 67, 59 and 57 games. He averaged 17.3 points, 5.6 assists and 4.3 rebounds for his playoff career -- including an astonishing 23-game run for a banged-up '87 Celtics team on which he averaged 19 points, 9 assists and a whopping 42 minutes a game guarding the likes of John Lucas, Sidney Moncrief, Isiah Thomas, Vinnie Johnson and Magic.

(Note: Seattle traded him for Paul Westphal in 1980 and finished 22 games worse the following season; Phoenix traded him for Rick Robey in 1983 and finished 12 games worse. Nobody ever seemed to appreciate DJ until he was gone.)

3. Larry Bird called him the greatest player he ever played with, which seems relevant since the Legend played with six members of the NBA Top 50 (McHale, Parish, Walton, Archibald, Cowens and Maravich). All of them are in the Hall of Fame.

4. In 14 seasons, DJ played in 1,100 of a possible 1,148 regular-season games, only missed more than five games once (missing 10 in the '89 season, near the tail end of his career) and played in another 180 playoff games (11th on the all-time list). The guy was built like Russian oak.

5. He's on the all-time "We'll never see this guy again" team along with Barkley, Bird, Magic, Maravich, Gervin, McHale, Kareem, Adrian Dantley and wholly unique players from NBA lore. There's never been a guard like DJ before or since.

And it's the last paragraph that should have clinched his spot in the Hall of Fame. Could you compare Dennis Johnson to anyone on the planet? He splashed onto the scene as a high-flying, physical 2-guard for the Sonics, evolved into more of a scorer for the Suns, then reincarnated himself as a heady point guard for the Celtics, peaking as the ringleader of a loaded '86 team that scored a jaw-dropping 114 points a game. He could guard anyone shorter than 6-foot-9 and lock them down. He was such an intelligent player that Bird and DJ had a secret ESP play for six straight years, in which Bird would linger near the basket like he was waiting for someone to set him a pick, then DJ would whip a pass by the defender's ears and Bird would catch it at the last possible second for a layup (and the only way that play happened was if they locked eyes). He was one of those classic only-when-it-counts shooters who could be riding a 3-for-14 game into the final minute, then nail a wide-open 20-footer to win the game.

Everyone loved playing with him in Boston; he was so competitive and carried himself with such a swagger, I can't remember following anyone other than Bird who enjoyed the actual process of winning more than him. There's a great scene in the '87 team video when the Celts are boarding the bus after a Game 6 shellacking in the Pistons series. Sulking about Dennis Rodman's antics at the end of the game (Rodman had been running around waving his right hand around his head), DJ sarcastically waves his hand over his head and says something like, "Yeah, OK, we'll see what happens on Sunday." Sure enough, the Celts pulled out an absolute slugfest of a seventh game, with DJ following Rodman around in the final seconds and sarcastically mimicking Rodman's high-stepped gait while waving his hand over his head. The lesson, as always: Don't mess with the Celtics.

I loved so many things about watching him play: The way he'd suddenly strip an unsuspecting guard at midcourt (you NEVER see that anymore), almost like a pickpocket swiping a wallet; the ESP plays with Bird; the supernatural way he rose to the occasion in big moments (like the game-winner against the Lakers in Game 4 of the '85 Finals); his unsurpassed knack for grabbing big rebounds in traffic; the way he always made one huge play in a must-win game (my personal favorite: in Game 7 against the '87 Bucks, when he went flying full-speed out of bounds to save a loose ball in the final 90 seconds, then somehow whipped it off Jack Sikma as he careened into the entire Bucks bench). Every time I get sucked into an old Celtics game from the '80s on ESPN Classic or NBA TV, there's always a point in the game where I find myself saying, "Holy crap, I forgot how good Dennis Johnson was."

Like everything else about his career, few remember his defining moment: The waning seconds of Game 5 in the '87 Eastern finals, when Bird famously picked off Isiah's pass and dished to DJ for the winning layup. Everyone remembers the steal and Johnny Most's call; nobody remembers DJ standing near midcourt, seeing Bird moving for the pass. Even as Bird snatched the ball out of Laimbeer's hands, DJ was already moving toward the basket with his hands up, ready to make the winning shot. From the mid-'70s to right now, I can only pinpoint a handful of players who would have instinctively known to cut toward the basket even as that steal was in the process of happening -- MJ, Magic, Frazier, Stockton, Reggie, Mullin, Rick Barry, Isiah (ironically, the one who threw the pass), Robert Horry, Dwyane Wade, Jason Kidd, Iverson, Nash, Kobe, and that's about it. Nobody else starts moving until after the steal happens. And by the way, if DJ never made that cut, Bird would have been forced to launch a fall-away 10-footer over the backboard to win the game -- which he probably would have made, but that's beside the point.

One more thought on that layup: the replay never does it justice. DJ was going full speed, hauled the pass from the left, then had Dumars coming at him from his direct right, so he had to shield the ball from Dumars, turn his body to the left and make a reverse layup that was much harder than it looked. My father and I were sitting on the opposite side of the main CBS camera, right in the tunnel where the players entered and exited (you can even see us at the end of this particular game), so you have to believe me on this one: that layup almost missed. Dumars changed the angle at the last second; DJ's layup struck the right side of the rim and somehow dropped home. Believe me, the layup was just as tough as the steal.

Of course, few people remember this, just like few remember how great of a basketball player Dennis Johnson was and how special and dominant that '86 Celtics team was. As my father said on the phone today, "He was the best guard on the best team I ever watched in my entire life."

Me, too. He should have made the trip to Springfield when he was still alive. Instead, he'll be making it in spirit some day. Didn't have to be that way. If you're reading this, and you have a Hall of Fame vote and you didn't vote for Dennis Johnson the last few years, hang your head in shame.

RIP, DJ.
The Flying Lithuanians
PG - Dennis Johnson
SG - Jerry West
SF - Rick Barry
PF - Kevin McHale

-Slap-
06-21-2007, 03:52 AM
I'm very concerned that -Slap- is going to take my man.....don't do it -Slap-

I think your man is still out there. I figure you're probably looking to add a center and there are two big men left on the board I like almost equally. Since Icon and GSReylea have filled their pivot spots, I'll sit tight and see who makes it back to me six picks from now.

RhymesayersDU
06-21-2007, 08:57 AM
Great DJ pick. I wanted him in the 6th with my first reserve role. Pipe dream, I suppose.

RhymesayersDU
06-21-2007, 08:58 AM
I think your man is still out there. I figure you're probably looking to add a center and there are two big men left on the board I like almost equally. Since Icon and GSReylea have filled their pivot spots, I'll sit tight and see who makes it back to me six picks from now.

haha, I knew this was it. I'm pretty positive I know who MP is going at.

JCMElway
06-21-2007, 12:11 PM
Well, MP can get his guy now. Master___Pain is on the clock at 10 AM CST. He can select until 10 PM CST.

GSReylea, Killericon, Killericon, GSReylea, and Masterpain are on deck.

Master___Pain
06-21-2007, 01:39 PM

How kind of you -Slap-:notworthy

With my 4th round selection I select "The A-Train" C Artis Gilmore (man do I need bigs)

http://www.remembertheaba.com/KentuckyMaterial/GilmorePauseBarry.JPG

In his rookie year in the ABA, Gilmore was selected as the MVP and ROY. Gilmore dominated the ABA, and went on to have a solid NBA career after the ABA/NBA merger. Gilmore ranks #5 in all time rebounds, #19 in all time points scored and 4th in blocked shots. All of this and some how he's not in the HOF. Crazy.

Gilmore averaged 18/12/2.4 over his 17 year career.

More Artis Gilmore (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/gilmoar01.html)

Master Pain's Evil Counsel
PG- Magic Johnson
SG- Reggie Miller
SF- Dominique Wilkens
PF-
C- Artis Gilmore

GSRelyea
06-21-2007, 02:40 PM
With my 4th round pick: Dave Cowens
Dave Cowens

Dave Cowens earned a berth in the Basketball Hall of Fame because of his tenacity and work ethic as a mainstay of the Boston Celtics in the 1970s, leading the team to NBA Championships in 1974 and 1976. Playing in the era of Julius "Dr. J" Erving, Wilt "the Stilt" Chamberlain, and "Pistol Pete" Maravich, Cowens didn't possess the flash and glitz of those high-profile superstars. Instead, it was Cowens' consistency, work ethic, unselfishness, versatility and energy that established him as one of the most solid and respected centers in recent NBA history.

Complete Bio | Summary
G FG% 3PFG% FT% Rebs RPG Asts APG Stls Blks Pts PPG
766 .460 .071 .783 10,444 13.6 2910 3.8 599 488 13,516 17.6

Full Name: David William Cowens
Born: 10/25/48 in Newport, Ky.
High School: Newport (Ky.) Central Catholic
College: Florida State
Drafted by: Boston Celtics, 1970 (fourth overall)
Height: 6-9; Weight: 230 lbs.
Transactions: Traded to Milwaukee Bucks, 9/9/82 Honors: Elected to Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame (1990); NBA champion (1974, '76); NBA MVP (1973); All-NBA Second Team (1973, '75, '76); All-Defensive First Team (1976); All-Defensive Second Team (1975, '80); NBA co-Rookie of the Year (1971); Seven-time All-Star; All-Star MVP ('73); One of 50 Greatest Players in NBA History (1996).

MY Squad (TBNL)
C- Wilt Chamberlain
PF- Dave Cowens
SF-
SG- Pistol Pete Maravich
PG- Nate "Tiny" Archibald

Pick was made at 1:40 CST KillerIcon is on the clock

RhymesayersDU
06-21-2007, 03:39 PM
Oooooh. I thought MP wanted Cowens, the man I greatly coveted. 2 good picks in Gilmore and Cowens here.

Damn you, GS!

JCMElway
06-21-2007, 06:10 PM
Killericon is on the clock with two selections. He has until 5 am CST on Friday to pick.

GSReylea and MP are on deck.

epicSocialism4tw
06-21-2007, 06:33 PM
With what I have so far, the BiochemNerd Parade will run a fast break offense under the leadership and decisionmaking of one of the greatest point guard minds of all time in Cousy. All of my bigs in the lineup can run the floor, and Dirk can set up anywhere from the elbow to the three-point line while Garnett and Russell make their way toward the rim. Dirk is a master at the fake-and-go, so you can count on both Dirk and Cous scrambling the defense on the perimeter.

It is not necessary for these guys to put up a shot quickly, because of the outsanding pick'n'roll, pick'n'pop options on the floor and the outstanding technical ability of Russell and Garnett to convert off of entry passes.

Cous and Dirk run the outside game, Garnett and Russell on the inside. Unstoppable.

Killericon
06-21-2007, 08:27 PM
With the last pick in the 4th round, Killericon selects SF Dave DeBusschere.

http://cache.nba.com/media/history/debusschere_351.jpg

With the 1st pick of the 5th Round, Killericon selects PF Ben Wallace.

http://www.nba.com/media/act_ben_wallace.jpg

Calgary Dinos

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/9955/dinosoz9.png

C - Nate Thurmond (http://www.nba.com/history/players/thurmond_summary.html)
PF - Ben Wallace (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/ben_wallace/)
SF - Dave DeBusschere (http://www.nba.com/history/players/debusschere_summary.html)
SG - Micheal Jordan (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/michael_jordan.html)
PG - Jason Kidd (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jason_kidd/)

JCMElway
06-21-2007, 09:34 PM
GSRelyea is on the clock at 8 PM CST. He has 12 hours to select.

MP, Slap, and CW are on deck.

azbroncfan
06-21-2007, 10:28 PM
With what I have so far, the BiochemNerd Parade will run a fast break offense under the leadership and decisionmaking of one of the greatest point guard minds of all time in Cousy. All of my bigs in the lineup can run the floor, and Dirk can set up anywhere from the elbow to the three-point line while Garnett and Russell make their way toward the rim. Dirk is a master at the fake-and-go, so you can count on both Dirk and Cous scrambling the defense on the perimeter.

It is not necessary for these guys to put up a shot quickly, because of the outsanding pick'n'roll, pick'n'pop options on the floor and the outstanding technical ability of Russell and Garnett to convert off of entry passes.

Cous and Dirk run the outside game, Garnett and Russell on the inside. Unstoppable.

Except Cous wouldn't do sh!t against today's athletes.

Killericon
06-21-2007, 10:37 PM
With a grand total of 35 All-NBA Defensive Team appearances, 41 All-Star Appearances, and a host of other acolades, I'm feeling fairly confident. Jordan is best with ball-in hand, so I gave him a point guard who can get the ball to him, and some in-the paint tough scoring, plus one of the better defensive teams assembled so far. I think it's looking good, but scoring is an issue...so I think my next two picks are going to include a pure perimeter shooter(Though, by then J.J. Reddick might be my best choice) and a pure inside scorer.

My team's only hope(and it's a good one at that) is to shut down the other team's scoring enough to let Jordan win it for us.

-Slap-
06-22-2007, 12:02 AM
Except Cous wouldn't do sh!t against today's athletes.

Except you have no way of knowing that, so you make a typically ignorant and intellectually lazy comment.

epicSocialism4tw
06-22-2007, 12:15 AM
Except you have no way of knowing that, so you make a typically ignorant and intellectually lazy comment.

I didnt see that statement because I have that dude on ignore, but why would one think that those guys couldnt compete?

The only way to measure those guys is against their own eras. Bob Cousy was the original cerebral, creative point guard. His fast breaks are legendary. He created Steve Nash. They didnt make noise in the regular season and fail to materialize in the playoffs like the modern Suns' fast breaks led by Nash. The Celtics' fast break was a big reason why those Celtic teams were the greatest dynasty of all-time in any sport.

Cousy couldnt compete?

Killericon
06-22-2007, 12:26 AM
Hey, guys, keep the bitter out of here.

RhymesayersDU
06-22-2007, 12:44 AM

Par for the course, reminds me of the "Carmelo gets a lot of points, but he is a terrible shooter!"

This was even though Carmelo had one of the best FG% for a non-center/PF.

Killericon
06-22-2007, 12:48 AM
No! Don't start calling each other names and such here! This is an All-Time Draft!

azbroncfan
06-22-2007, 01:16 AM

We can speculate but I know a 6 1 G from the 50's would struggle against todays bigger, stronger and faster athletes.

azbroncfan
06-22-2007, 01:22 AM
Par for the course, reminds me of the "Carmelo gets a lot of points, but he is a terrible shooter!"

This was even though Carmelo had one of the best FG% for a non-center/PF.

I didn't say he was a terrible shooter just that he takes a heck of a lot of shots to get his points along with Iverson. There are 12 G's or SF's ahead of Carmelo on the FG % and Carmelo did shoot lights out down the stretch of the season after I made the comment to raise his % up.

GSRelyea
06-22-2007, 08:07 AM
With my 5th pick, I will take: Scottie Pippen- I know many of you don't think he belongs on the 50th greatest list, but you can't argue with numbers/rings. Not to mention all of the defensive accolades. I don't know about the rest of you, but I would love to see Pippen matchup v. Lebron when both are in there primes, not saying Pippen is a better player by any means just saying he could guard him a lot better than someone like Bruce Bowen.
Scottie Pippen:
One of the most versatile and talented players, 6-7 Scottie Pippen orchestrated an offense like a point guard, rebounded like a power forward, scored like a shooting guard, and defended on the perimeter like few others. The seven-time All-Star was a vital component of the Chicago Bulls’ six NBA Championships in the 1990s. He played 17 seasons missing the postseason only in his final campaign, which allowed him to rack up the second most playoff game appearances (208) behind only Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. But above and beyond, his all-around game was the prototype for the next generation of small forwards.

1,178 .473 .326 .704 7,494 6.4 6,135 5.2 2,307 947 18,940 16.1

Full Name: Scottie Pippen
Born: 9/25/65 in Hamburg, Ark.
High School: Hamburg (Ark.)
College: Central Arkanas
Drafted by: Seattle SuperSonics, 1987 (fifth overall)
Transactions: Draft rights traded to Chicago 6/22/87, Traded to Houston 1/22/99, Traded to Portland 10/2/99, Signed as a free agent by Chicago 7/20/03
Height: 6-7; Weight: 228
Honors: Six-time NBA champion (1991-93, 1996-98); Three-time All-NBA First Team (1994-96); All-NBA Second Team (1992, 1997); Eight-time All-Defensive First Team (1992-99); 1994 NBA All-Star MVP; Seven-time All-Star (1990, '92-97); One of 50 Greatest Players in NBA History (1996); Two-time Olympic gold medalist (1992, '96).

Team to be named later:
C- Wilt Chamberlain
PF- Dave Cowens
SF- Scottie Pippen
SG- Pistol Pete Maravich
PG- Nate "Tiny" Archibald
Pick was made at 7:07 CST

RhymesayersDU
06-22-2007, 08:31 AM
GS, it's not a bad pick at all. I personally wouldn't have him in the starting 5, but from a team stand point, I had him targeted as my first guy off the bench.

Love the 8-time 1st team defenses, and obviously a great second fiddle to another superstar. I was hoping he'd be there next round. I don't think he's top 50, you're right... But he's a quality selection.

GSRelyea
06-22-2007, 08:51 AM
Rhyme I was between Pippen & C. Mullen for my SF, and thought that I already have the scoring with the pistol & wilt, so I went for the all round player. This draft will get very interesting when we start getting deeper in to the bench.....

RhymesayersDU
06-22-2007, 09:10 AM
Rhyme I was between Pippen & C. Mullen for my SF, and thought that I already have the scoring with the pistol & wilt, so I went for the all round player. This draft will get very interesting when we start getting deeper in to the bench.....

Indeed! Like I said, I would have scooped him up next round without a second thought.

And yeah, everybody is going to have a great starting 5. There will be differences, but almost every starter is/will be in the HOF and shatter records. The wins and losses would come from the quality picks in round 6 and later. It's going to get very interesting.

Master___Pain
06-22-2007, 11:16 AM
With my 5th pick, I select the Horse Dan Issel

http://www.remembertheaba.com/TributeMaterial/IsselSoarSlamTaylor2.jpg

1970-71 22 KEN ABA 83 39.4 11.3 23.3 0.0 0.2 7.3 9.0 5.1 8.1 13.2 2.0 2.7 3.9 29.9
1971-72 23 KEN ABA 83 43.0 11.7 24.1 0.0 0.1 7.1 9.1 4.3 7.0 11.2 2.3 2.9 2.9 30.6
1972-73 24 KEN ABA 84 42.0 10.7 20.9 0.0 0.2 5.8 7.6 3.9 7.1 11.0 2.6 2.6 3.0 27.3
1973-74 25 KEN ABA 83 40.3 10.0 20.8 0.0 0.2 5.5 7.0 4.2 6.0 10.2 1.7 0.8 0.4 2.1 2.4 25.5
1974-75 26 KEN ABA 83 34.5 7.4 15.7 0.0 0.1 2.9 3.9 3.1 5.4 8.6 2.3 0.9 0.6 1.9 2.4 17.7
1975-76 27 DNA ABA 84 34.0 9.0 17.5 0.0 0.0 5.1 6.2 3.6 7.4 11.0 2.4 1.2 0.7 2.4 3.2 23.0
1976-77 28 DEN NBA 79 31.7 8.4 16.2 5.6 7.1 2.7 6.1 8.8 2.2 1.2 0.4 3.1 22.3
1977-78 29 DEN NBA 82 34.8 8.0 15.7 5.2 6.7 3.1 7.0 10.1 3.7 1.2 0.5 3.2 3.4 21.3
1978-79 30 DEN NBA 81 33.9 6.6 12.7 3.9 5.2 3.0 6.1 9.1 3.1 0.8 0.6 2.1 2.9 17.0
1979-80 31 DEN NBA 82 35.8 8.7 17.3 0.0 0.1 6.3 8.1 2.9 5.9 8.8 2.4 1.1 0.7 2.0 2.3 23.8
1980-81 32 DEN NBA 80 33.0 7.7 15.3 0.0 0.2 6.5 8.6 2.9 5.6 8.5 2.0 1.0 0.7 1.6 3.1 21.9
1981-82 33 DEN NBA 81 30.5 8.0 15.3 0.0 0.1 6.7 8.1 2.1 5.4 7.5 2.2 0.8 0.7 2.1 3.0 22.9
1982-83 34 DEN NBA 80 30.4 8.3 16.2 0.1 0.2 5.0 6.0 1.9 5.6 7.5 2.8 1.0 0.5 2.2 2.8 21.6
1983-84 35 DEN NBA 76 27.3 7.5 15.2 0.1 0.3 4.8 5.6 1.5 5.3 6.8 2.3 0.8 0.6 1.6 2.4 19.8
1984-85 36 DEN NBA 77 21.9 4.7 10.3 0.0 0.1 3.3 4.1 1.0 3.3 4.3 1.8 0.8 0.4 1.2 2.2 12.8
6 Seasons ABA 500 38.9 10.0 20.4 0.0 0.1 5.6 7.1 4.0 6.8 10.9 2.2 1.0 0.5 2.4 3.0 25.6
9 Seasons NBA 718 31.1 7.6 14.9 0.0 0.2 5.3 6.6 2.3 5.6 7.9 2.5 1.0 0.6 2.0 2.8 20.4
15 Seasons 1218 34.3 8.6 17.2 0.0 0.1 5.4 6.8 3.0 6.1 9.1 2.4 1.0 0.5 2.2 2.9 22.6

PG Magic Johnson
SG Reggie Miller
SF Dominique Wilkins
PF Dan Issel
C Artis Gilmore

JCMElway
06-22-2007, 11:36 AM
Slap is on the clock at 10 AM CST. He has 12 hours to select.

CW, Rhymesayer, and Freak6 are on the clock.

JCMElway
06-22-2007, 11:40 AM
We can speculate but I know a 6 1 G from the 50's would struggle against todays bigger, stronger and faster athletes.

Well, the way I'm looking at it, I am supposing that all of these players are available to draft, right now, in 2007. They're all 21 years old and they all have had the advantages athletes have when growing up in the late 20th century. (Except for steroids. lol)

I think that evens the playing field a bit and lets us consider players from previous era more.

And to your 6'1 argument, Mugsy and Spudd were able to keep up, right?

-Slap-
06-22-2007, 12:37 PM
My center will be the great Bob Lanier.

I knew a quality big man would drop to me if I waited. Bob Lanier was a dominating presence in the NBA for 14 seasons. 6'11", 265 pounds, his size 22 sneakers preceded him into the NBA Hall of Fame as the largest seen in the League up to that point.

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/9049/boblanier2200sn4.jpg

The first overall pick in the 1970 Draft, Lanier employed a physical playing style and a deadly left handed hook shot to average 20.1 points and 10.1 boards on his way to eight All Star appearances.

Lanier played his entire career in pain for an inept organization. Despite tearing a knee ligament in the NCAA tournament, the Pistons happily took him with the first pick in the draft, even signing him to his rookie contract while he recuperated from knee surgery in a hospital bed. Feeling pressured to play right away, the Pistons rushed Lanier onto the court. He responded by leading them to their first winning season in 13 years, while playing in all 82 games. His willingness to play hurt was well received in the blue collar town, so was the 14 game improvement over the previous season, and Lanier was loved in Detroit.

Unfortunately, the Pistons were almost incredibly poorly run. During Lanier's 10 seasons in Detroit he played under eight different coaches. "There were always different ideologies," Lanier said, "different philosophies and styles, different players. It was a constant adjustment."

By the time Lanier was traded to a solid Milwaukee team in 1980, chronic knee pain had robbed him of most of his mobility. Perhaps a younger Lanier could have pushed the Bucks of Marques Johnson and Sidney Moncrief past Philly and Boston, but his time as a premier player was just about over.

Although a championship was denied him as a player, Lanier always carried himself like a winner. Few athletes in league history have worked as hard as Lanier has for charitable endeavors. He was almost universally respected. During his final years, Lanier was voted president of the NBA Players Association by his peers.

In 1989, Lanier became involved in the launching of the NBA's Stay In School program, a nationwide campaign in which the NBA and its players urge middle school students to complete their high school education. Lanier became the program's national chairman, visiting hundreds of schools across the country and delivering his famous "PRIDE" message.

Lanier's impact felt on and off the court (https://www.nbrpa.com/news/featurearchive/1.04.06.aspx)

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3391/homemain2en2.jpg

1970-71 22 DET NBA 82 24.6 6.1 13.5 3.3 4.6 8.1 1.8 3.3 15.6
1971-72 23 DET NBA 80 38.7 10.4 21.1 4.9 6.3 14.2 3.1 3.7 25.7
1972-73 24 DET NBA 81 38.9 10.0 20.4 3.8 4.9 14.9 3.2 3.4 23.8
1973-74 25 DET NBA 81 37.6 9.2 18.3 4.0 5.0 3.3 9.9 13.3 4.2 1.4 3.0 3.4 22.5
1974-75 26 DET NBA 76 39.3 9.6 18.9 4.8 5.9 3.0 9.1 12.0 4.6 1.0 2.3 3.1 24.0
1975-76 27 DET NBA 64 36.9 8.5 15.9 4.4 5.8 3.4 8.3 11.7 3.4 1.2 1.3 3.2 21.3
1976-77 28 DET NBA 64 38.2 10.6 19.8 4.1 5.0 3.1 8.5 11.6 3.3 1.1 2.0 2.7 25.3
1977-78 29 DET NBA 63 36.7 9.9 18.4 4.7 6.1 3.1 8.2 11.3 3.4 1.3 1.5 3.6 2.9 24.5
1978-79 30 DET NBA 53 34.6 9.2 17.9 5.2 6.9 3.1 6.2 9.3 2.6 0.9 1.4 3.3 3.4 23.6
1979-80 31 DET NBA 37 37.6 8.6 15.8 0.0 0.1 4.4 5.7 2.9 7.2 10.1 3.3 1.0 1.6 3.1 3.5 21.7
MIL NBA 26 28.4 5.7 10.9 0.0 0.0 4.3 5.5 1.7 5.2 6.9 2.4 1.4 1.1 1.9 2.7 15.7
TOT NBA 63 33.8 7.4 13.8 0.0 0.1 4.4 5.6 2.4 6.3 8.8 2.9 1.2 1.4 2.6 3.2 19.2
1980-81 32 MIL NBA 67 26.2 5.6 10.7 0.0 0.0 3.1 4.1 1.9 4.3 6.2 2.7 1.1 1.2 2.1 2.7 14.3
1981-82 33 MIL NBA 74 26.8 5.5 9.9 0.0 0.0 2.5 3.3 1.2 4.0 5.2 3.0 1.0 0.8 2.2 2.9 13.5
1982-83 34 MIL NBA 39 25.1 4.2 8.5 0.0 0.0 2.3 3.4 1.5 3.6 5.1 2.7 0.9 0.6 2.1 3.2 10.7
1983-84 35 MIL NBA 72 27.9 5.4 9.5 0.0 0.0 2.7 3.8 2.0 4.4 6.3 2.6 0.8 0.7 2.3 3.2 13.6
14 Seasons 959 33.5 8.1 15.7 0.0 0.0 3.9 5.1 2.6 6.8 10.1 3.1 1.1 1.5 2.6 3.2 20.1

The Flying Lithuanians
PG - Dennis Johnson
SG - Jerry West
SF - Rick Barry
PF - Kevin McHale
Co - Bob Lanier

Killericon
06-22-2007, 02:58 PM
All of these last picks have been pretty solid. Pippen was a good choice(I probably should have taken him), and Lanier was a steal.

Anyone wanna make a bet on when/if Rodman goes?

RhymesayersDU
06-22-2007, 05:29 PM
Not if, but when is right on. He'll go. Too good of a defender and too good of a rebounder not to.

Plus, he was the kind of basket-case you can live with. Yeah, crazy, but never affected his play on the court, not that I can remember at least. No lengthy Artest-like suspensions or drama, if I recall correctly.

Clockwork Orange
06-22-2007, 07:42 PM
Hate to do it to you Rhyme, but I've got to fill out my starting lineup and this guy is too good to pass up to fill out my starting lineup.

I'll select Kevin Johnson, G, Cavs/Suns.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/b/b6/Kevin-johnson.JPG

1987-88 21 CLE NBA 52 20.1 2.8 6.0 0.0 0.2 1.8 2.2 0.2 1.2 1.4 3.7 1.2 0.3 1.6 1.8 7.3
PHO NBA 28 31.2 4.7 10.2 0.1 0.5 3.0 3.5 0.9 3.3 4.3 8.7 1.5 0.3 2.3 2.1 12.6
TOT NBA 80 24.0 3.4 7.5 0.1 0.3 2.2 2.6 0.5 1.9 2.4 5.5 1.3 0.3 1.8 1.9 9.2
1988-89 22 PHO NBA 81 39.2 7.0 13.9 0.0 0.3 6.3 7.1 0.6 3.6 4.2 12.2 1.7 0.3 4.0 2.8 20.4
1989-90 23 PHO NBA 74 37.6 7.8 15.7 0.1 0.6 6.8 8.1 0.6 3.1 3.6 11.4 1.3 0.2 3.6 1.9 22.5
1990-91 24 PHO NBA 77 36.0 7.7 14.9 0.1 0.6 6.7 8.0 0.7 2.8 3.5 10.1 2.1 0.1 3.5 2.3 22.2
1991-92 25 PHO NBA 78 37.2 6.9 14.4 0.1 0.6 5.7 7.1 0.8 3.0 3.7 10.7 1.5 0.3 3.5 2.3 19.7
1992-93 26 PHO NBA 49 33.5 5.8 11.5 0.0 0.2 4.6 5.6 0.6 1.5 2.1 7.8 1.7 0.4 3.1 2.0 16.1
1993-94 27 PHO NBA 67 36.6 7.1 14.6 0.1 0.4 5.7 6.9 0.8 1.7 2.5 9.5 1.9 0.1 3.5 1.9 20.0
1994-95 28 PHO NBA 47 28.8 5.2 11.1 0.1 0.6 5.0 6.1 0.7 1.8 2.4 7.7 1.0 0.4 2.2 1.9 15.5
1995-96 29 PHO NBA 56 35.8 6.1 12.0 0.4 1.0 6.1 7.1 0.8 3.2 3.9 9.2 1.5 0.2 3.0 2.6 18.7
1996-97 30 PHO NBA 70 38.0 6.3 12.7 1.3 2.9 6.3 7.4 0.8 2.8 3.6 9.3 1.5 0.2 3.1 2.0 20.1
1997-98 31 PHO NBA 50 25.8 3.1 6.9 0.1 0.5 3.2 3.7 0.7 2.6 3.3 4.9 0.5 0.2 2.0 1.1 9.5
1999-00 33 PHO NBA 6 18.8 2.7 4.7 0.2 0.2 1.2 1.2 0.0 2.7 2.7 4.0 0.3 0.0 1.2 1.0 6.7
12 Seasons 735 34.1 6.1 12.5 0.2 0.7 5.4 6.4 0.7 2.6 3.3 9.1 1.5 0.2 3.1 2.1 17.9

The Players To Be Named Later
G Kevin Johnson
G Joe Dumars
C Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
F Alex English
F Charles Barkley

RhymesayersDU
06-22-2007, 09:01 PM
No prob CO, I wasn't going to take him this early.

Don't have a lot of time, but to finish out my starting 5, Runnin' & Gunnin' picks a PF who won both ROY and MVP in the same season:

Wes Unseld, PF 7:02 MST

BobHorry5
06-22-2007, 09:43 PM
gr8 runof pics guys everyone i seem to have my eye on disappears

freak6
06-22-2007, 09:59 PM
The Running Rebels

C - Robert Parish - Hall of Famer - NBA top 50 all time - NBA Champ
PF - Bob McAdoo - Hall of Famer - NBA MVP - 3 straight scoring Champ
SF - Larry Bird - Hall of Famer - 3 straight MVPS, the best forward ever
SG - Kobe Bryant - Future Hall of Famer - 2 Scoring Champs - NBA Champ
PG - Allen Iverson - Future Hall of Famer - NBA MVP - 4 time Scoring Champ

My team is set with 4 unstoppable scorers and a Hall of Fame Center who could face up and shoot your eyes out.

azbroncfan
06-22-2007, 11:44 PM
And to your 6'1 argument, Mugsy and Spudd were able to keep up, right?

Didn't say he couldn't play he just wouldn't be as good as he was. Mugsy and Spudd were pretty much average role players.

JCMElway
06-23-2007, 01:23 AM
Phibacka is on the clock at 12 AM CST. He has 12 hours to select.

Angryllama, JCM, and BobHorry5 are on deck.

JCMElway
06-23-2007, 11:38 AM
If Phibacka does not get in here by noon CST, Angryllama may make his selection.

phibacka31
06-23-2007, 01:14 PM
To finish up my starting lineup I go with another young gun that is too hard to pass up. He is an absolute playmaker teaming him with Dwade is pretty much aweseom. Phibacke31 chooses: SF: Tracy McGrady: TMAC http://www.geocities.com/tzovas/gallery/mcgrady.jpg

phibacka31
06-23-2007, 01:16 PM
Starting lineup: PG: Dave Bing
SG: DWADE
SF: TMAC
PF: James WORTHY
C: Tim Duncan
:strong:

freak6
06-23-2007, 03:16 PM
Starting lineup: PG: Dave Bing
SG: DWADE
SF: TMAC
PF: James WORTHY
C: Tim Duncan
:strong:

Lots of slashers there. Hard to call Big Game James a PF.

epicSocialism4tw
06-23-2007, 04:28 PM
Well, I thought about waiting for this dude, but I just dont think that he will be overlooked for another round. I will augment the squad with the greatest coach in the history of the NBA, and the model for every coach since. His teams are legendary. It only makes sense that I draft the all-time championship leader to pilot my all-time champions Russel, Cousy, and co.

The coach of the NBA's greatest dynasty, and one of the great motivational coaches of any sport in American history:

RED AUERBACH
http://cache.eb.com/eb/image?id=65939&rendTypeId=4
http://img.timeinc.net/time/personoftheyear/2006/milestones/photos/ob_auerbach.jpg
http://www.mvpgalleries.com/contactcommerce/images/items/GVL177.jpg

(from wikipedia)
Coach Auerbach was no great strategist; he believed in fast-break basketball; he knew that he needed at least one great rebounder and an outstanding point guard; and he knew the value of defense. But the Celtics ran very few offensive "plays" and Auerbach did not make strategic breakthroughs.

His forte was in recognizing talent, assembling a group of very fine basketball players, molding them into a unit and then motivating them. Winning was everything to Red Auerbach and he made his players see that everything he did was designed to win. He could be callously cruel at times, or extremely generous. But his obsession was with winning; all the tricks, all the goading and screaming was to support this goal.

In addition to an unparalleled coaching career of his own, Auerbach has the distinction of seeing three players whom he coached to championships, Bill Russell, Tommy Heinsohn and K.C. Jones each in their own time, coach the Celtics to championships. Don Nelson, who also played for Auerbach's championship team in the 1965-1966 season (Auerbach's last season), has also had a successful career as an NBA coach.

epicSocialism4tw
06-23-2007, 04:35 PM
BiochemNerd Parade

Coach: Red Auerbach

PG - Cousy
SG -
SF - Nowitzki
PF - Garnett
C - Bill Russell

Killericon
06-23-2007, 11:08 PM
http://www.mvpgalleries.com/contactcommerce/images/items/GVL177.jpg

That is a cool picture.

JCMElway
06-24-2007, 01:19 AM
OK, wow I'm torn.......

Those Cheap Bastards select:

Jerry Lucas, F-C, 1962-1974,
Royals, Warriors, Knicks

The 6-8, 240 lb. Lucas hauled down 12,942 rebounds for an average of 15.6 per game, the fourth-best career mark in NBA history behind Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russell and Bob Pettit.

Lucas was named to seven All-Star teams in his 11-year NBA career.
Playing for three teams in his 11-year career -- the Cincinnati Royals, the San Francisco Warriors and the New York Knicks -- Lucas tallied 14,053 points (17.0 ppg) and finished with a lofty .499 career field-goal percentage, an impressive statistic considering that many of his points came on rainbow jumpers launched from long distance.

Lucas had the rare distinction of winning championships at every level of competition -- in high school, college and the pros. He was even a member of the 1960 U.S. Olympic basketball team that won a gold medal in Rome.

Teammates appreciated his clutch play. Dave DeBusschere, a standout forward for the Knicks, said of Lucas in 1972: "He gets the big rebound, makes the big play on defense, makes the tap shot when you need a basket the most."

G FG% FT% Rebs RPG Asts APG Stls Blks Pts PPG
829 .499 .783 12,942 15.6 2,730 3.3 28 24 14,053 17

JCMElway
06-24-2007, 01:24 AM
Heh. No one out-rebounds my front court. Statistically I have the third, fourth, and 27th best rebounders of all time.

BobHorry5 is on the clock at midnight. He has untill noon Sunday to select.

JCMElway
06-24-2007, 02:09 PM
BobHorry5 PMed me his selection. He takes:

Bill Walton, C, Trailblazers & Celtics

JCMElway
06-24-2007, 02:12 PM
Having a giant hippie around can be useful.....

JCMElway
06-24-2007, 02:22 PM
AZbroncofan is on the clock. He has until 1 AM CST to select.

Ludo, VJ82, and Eddie Mac are on deck.

epicSocialism4tw
06-24-2007, 02:26 PM
Darn.

I was hoping that Walton's modern goofiness would continue to hide his greatness from the youngsters here.

JCMElway
06-25-2007, 12:17 AM
Ludo, if AZBronco doesn't pick by midnight you are on the clock. You have until noon Monday CST to select.

RhymesayersDU
06-25-2007, 10:29 AM
Darn.

I was hoping that Walton's modern goofiness would continue to hide his greatness from the youngsters here.

What turned me off on him was the injuries. Wasn't his career greatly shortened due to his foot? I mean, no doubt a great player, but the injuries were a big turn-off to me. Same reason I've shied away from Grant Hill. The stats are there, but can he stay healthy?

JCMElway
06-25-2007, 12:33 PM
OK, it's almost noon.

VJ82 you are on the clock. You have until 12 AM CST to select.

AZBroncfan and Ludo may select at any time.

vancejohnson82
06-25-2007, 12:49 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/hill_1995_320.jpg

GRANT HILL (1994-1999)

1998-99
The only player to start in all 50 games for Detroit, he averaged 21.1 ppg., 7.1 rpg., 6.0 apg. and 1.60 stlpg. in 37.0 minpg....Named to the All-NBA Second Team and NBA All-Interview Second Team...Led the team in scoring, rebounding, assists, field goals made, free throws made and minutes played...One of only 10 players to score at least 1,000 points...Joined Elgin Baylor and Wilt Chamberlain as the only players in NBA history to have led their team in scoring, rebounding and assists at least three times...Finished 10th in the NBA in scoring, 17th in assists, tied for 22nd in field goal percentage, tied for 23rd in steals and minutes played, and tied for 34th in rebounding...Scored in double figures in 48 of 50 games, had 20-plus points 24 times, 30 or more points eight times and 40-plus points once...Led (or tied) the team in scoring 28 times, rebounding 16 times and assists 31 times...Had eight double-doubles and one triple-double...Scored a career-high 46 points vs. Washington on Feb. 8, including a Pistons-record 31 points in the first half...Named NBA Player-of-the-Week for the period ending May, 2, 1999, after averaging 26.8 ppg., 8.5 rpg., 5.3 apg. and 2.25 stlpg., while shooting .631 from the field...In five playoff games vs. Atlanta, led the team with 19.4 ppg., 7.4 apg., 7.2 rpg. and 2.00 stlpg. in 35.2 minpg.

1997-98
Played in team-high 81 regular season games for Detroit, averaging 21.1 ppg., 7.7 rpg., 6.8 apg. and 1.77 stlpg. in 40.7 minpg....Named to the All-NBA Second Team and NBA All-Interview Second Team...Led the team in scoring, assists, steals and minutes played, and was second in rebounding...Ranked third in the NBA in minutes played, 11th in steals, tied for 12th in scoring, 13th in assists and 28th in rebounding...Recorded four triple-doubles and 31 double-doubles...Led (or tied) the team in scoring 41 times, rebounding 28 times and assists 65 times...Scored in double figures in 78 of his 81 games played, including 20-plus points 44 times and 30 or more 10 times...Voted to start in the 1998 NBA All-Star Game.

1996-97
Named to the All-NBA First Team after averaging 21.4 ppg., 9.0 rpg., 7.3 apg and 1.80 stlpg. in 39.3 minpg. during the regular season (80 games) for Detroit...Averaged 23.6 ppg., 6.8 rpg. and 5.4 apg. during five playoff games against Atlanta...Ranked 10th in the NBA in minutes played, 12th in scoring and in assists, 16th in steals, 19th in rebounding and tied for 30th in field goal percentage (.496, career-high)...Catupred the IBM Award, presented for overall contributions to his team's success...Also named to the NBA All-Interview First Team...Named NBA Player-of-the-Month for January and earned NBA Player-of-the-Week honors twice (periods ending Jan. 19, 1997 and Apr. 6, 1997)...Led the league with 13 triple-doubles, including six in the final 11 games of the season...Led the Pistons in scoring 45 times, rebounding 46 times and assists 62 times...Scored in double figures in 78 outings, including 20-plus points 47 times...Voted to start at the 1997 NBA All-Star Game.

1995-96
Averaged 20.2 ppg., 9.8 rpg., 6.9 apg. and 1.25 stlpg. in 40.8 minpg. for the Pistons during the regular season...Became the 15th player in NBA history to lead his team in scoring, rebounding and assists in the same season...Also led the team in steals and minutes played...Named to the All-NBA Second Team and NBA All-Interview Second Team...Ranked third in the league in minutes played, 13th in rebounding, 15th in assists and 19th in scoring...His 10 triple-doubles were the best in the NBA (also recorded 32 double-doubles)...Led (or tied) for the team in lead in scoring 33 times, rebounding 45 times and assists 66 times...Averaged 19.0 ppg., 7.3 rpg., 3.7 apg. and 1.00 stlpg. in three playoff contests against Orlando...Was the leading vote-getter for the 1996 NBA All-Star Game, tallying 1,358,004 votes...Named to the 1996 U.S. Olympic Men's Basketball Team.

1994-95
Shared NBA Rookie-of-the-Year award with Jason Kidd of Dallas...Earned NBA All-Rookie First Team honors after averaging 19.9 ppg., 6.4 rpg., 5.0 apg. and 1.77 stlpg. in 38.3 minpg. during 70 regular season games...he first Pistons' rookie to score 1,000 points since Kelly Tripucka and Isiah Thomas in 1981-82...Ranked eighth in the NBA in minutes played, 12th in steals, 20th in scoring and 25th in assists...Missed 12 games due to plantar fasciitis in his left foot...Recorded his first triple-double with 23 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists against Orlando on Apr. 7...Started at the 1995 NBA All-Star Game, after becoming the first rookie ever to lead all players in fan voting.

eddie mac
06-25-2007, 02:11 PM
The Fighting Irish round out their starting 5 with "Black Magic" or "Earl the Pearl" Earl Monroe.

Before the arrival of "Magic" Johnson there was another "Magic" -- "Black Magic," also known as "Earl the Pearl." He was Earl Monroe, a dazzling ballhandler and one-on-one virtuoso who made crowds gasp with his slashing drives to the hoop. Monroe joined the NBA in 1967 and parlayed his talents into a distinguished 13-year career. He was part of a changing of the guard in the NBA, arriving at a time when high scorers like Dave Bing and Jerry West were showing that the backcourt could rack up points just as effectively as the center position.

Honors: Elected to Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame (1990); NBA champion (1973); All-NBA First Team (1969); NBA Rookie of the Year (1968); NBA All-Rookie Team (1968); Four-time NBA All-Star (1969, '71, '75, '77); One of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History (1996).

Career Statistics

926 .464 .807 2,796 3.0 3,594 3.9 473 121 17,454 18.8

Fighting Irish

F Julius Erving
F Elvin Hayes
C George Mikan
G Oscar Robertson
G Earl Monroe

epicSocialism4tw
06-25-2007, 04:50 PM
Good pick, Eddie Mac. You have a nice little squad going.

eddie mac
06-25-2007, 05:17 PM
Good pick, Eddie Mac. You have a nice little squad going.

Thanks lama. Wasn't quite sure if he'd fit in there with Oscar.

azbroncfan
06-25-2007, 06:05 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/history/mullin_200.jpg

SF chris mullin

CAREER AVERAGES
REB. PER GAME
YEAR TEAM G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
85-86 GSW 55 30 25.3 .463 .185 .896 .80 1.30 2.10 1.9 1.27 .42 1.36 2.40 14.0
86-87 GSW 82 82 29.0 .514 .302 .825 .50 1.70 2.20 3.2 1.20 .44 1.88 2.60 15.1
87-88 GSW 60 55 33.9 .508 .351 .885 1.00 2.50 3.40 4.8 1.88 .53 2.60 2.30 20.2
88-89 GSW 82 82 37.7 .509 .230 .892 1.90 4.00 5.90 5.1 2.15 .48 3.61 2.20 26.5
89-90 GSW 78 78 36.3 .536 .372 .889 1.70 4.30 5.90 4.1 1.58 .58 3.06 1.80 25.1
90-91 GSW 82 82 40.4 .536 .301 .884 1.70 3.70 5.40 4.0 2.11 .77 2.99 2.10 25.7
91-92 GSW 81 81 41.3 .524 .366 .833 1.60 4.00 5.60 3.5 2.14 .77 2.49 2.10 25.6
92-93 GSW 46 46 41.3 .510 .451 .810 .90 4.10 5.00 3.6 1.48 .89 3.02 1.70 25.9
93-94 GSW 62 39 37.5 .472 .364 .753 1.00 4.50 5.60 5.1 1.73 .85 2.87 1.80 16.8
94-95 GSW 25 23 35.6 .489 .452 .879 1.00 3.60 4.60 5.0 1.52 .76 3.72 2.10 19.0
95-96 GSW 55 19 29.4 .499 .393 .856 .80 2.10 2.90 3.5 1.36 .58 2.22 2.30 13.3
96-97 GSW 79 63 34.6 .553 .411 .864 .90 3.10 4.00 4.1 1.65 .42 2.43 2.00 14.5
97-98 IND 82 82 26.5 .481 .440 .939 .50 2.60 3.00 2.3 1.16 .48 1.43 2.30 11.3
98-99 IND 50 50 23.6 .477 .465 .870 .50 2.70 3.20 1.6 .94 .26 1.20 2.00 10.1
99-00 IND 47 2 12.4 .428 .409 .902 .30 1.30 1.60 .8 .60 .19 .60 1.30 5.1
00-01 GSW 20 8 18.7 .340 .365 .857 .50 1.60 2.10 1.0 .80 .50 .95 1.40 5.8
Career 986 822 32.6 .509 .384 .865 1.00 3.10 4.10 3.5 1.55 .56 2.35 2.10 18.2

ludo21
06-25-2007, 09:14 PM
I know wayyyyy early, but hey, I need a big guy:

Greg Oden

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ts8CcR3qOv-QqM:http://www.gregoden.com/images/p1_oden.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.gregoden.com/images/p1_oden.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.gregoden.com/gregoden062206.php&h=410&w=300&sz=33&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=ts8CcR3qOv-QqM:&tbnh=125&tbnw=91&prev=/images%3Fq%3DOden%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den% 26rls%3DGGLD,GGLD:2003-47,GGLD:en)

epicSocialism4tw
06-25-2007, 09:45 PM

Greg Oden

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ts8CcR3qOv-QqM:http://www.gregoden.com/images/p1_oden.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.gregoden.com/images/p1_oden.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.gregoden.com/gregoden062206.php&h=410&w=300&sz=33&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=ts8CcR3qOv-QqM:&tbnh=125&tbnw=91&prev=/images%3Fq%3DOden%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den% 26rls%3DGGLD,GGLD:2003-47,GGLD:en)

Ludo, that's the worst pick in the draft, dude. You could have picked him up off of the street. :notworthy

Master___Pain
06-25-2007, 10:44 PM

Greg Oden

:saywhat: :pity: hmmm...

Just a hair early:rofl:

RhymesayersDU
06-25-2007, 10:46 PM
Well, every league needs the Atlanta Hawks, Boston Celtics, etc. (And we're talking current-era Boston, of course)

epicSocialism4tw
06-25-2007, 11:04 PM
Ludo, that pick is so bad that I'd be willing to agree to a do-over (if everyone else agreed of course).

JCMElway
06-25-2007, 11:36 PM
Hey all, from the drama in the main forum you've probably see that Slap has been banned, and I don't know how long he'll be out. I think I heard two weeks? Anyway, does anyone have Slap's email addy or phone number? I can put his picks in if I can get in touch with him. But, from his farewell post, it doesn't sound like he's coming back for a while.

I've invited Man-Goblin to take over his team, but if I can get a hold of Slap he can continue. My main goal is to keep this thing rolling.

So, if you're gonna get banned, please wait until after the draft is over. Please.

That is all.

JCMElway
06-25-2007, 11:37 PM
Ludo, that pick is so bad that I'd be willing to agree to a do-over (if everyone else agreed of course).

Anyone can drop a player and pick someone else up at anytime.

However, we did have Reggie Bush get drafted in the NFL all time draft.....

JCMElway
06-25-2007, 11:45 PM
Inkana is on the clock for two picks. He has until 11 AM CST to select.

Eddie Mac, Ludo, and VJ82 are on deck.

JCMElway
06-25-2007, 11:46 PM
BTW, damn you Eddie Mac, that's the guy I wanted. First you take all my guys in the NFL all time draft, and now this one?

Oh well.

azbroncfan
06-26-2007, 12:36 AM

That was my thought process for my next pick.

JCMElway
06-26-2007, 02:54 AM
Hey all, I just bumped the NFL, MLB, and NHL al time drafts if anyone wanted to take a look. They're in the Ring of Fame, MLB, and NHL forums.

ludo21
06-26-2007, 11:44 AM
Im runnin and gunnin, and Oden will cherry pick and stay on one side of the court.

;D

I have no problem with the pick. I am out of b ball mode and cant seem to remember any former players that havent been taken. So Im going young, my team will have youth!!!

Slap banned, for what? I havent paid attention at all lately

JCMElway
06-26-2007, 06:12 PM
Eddie Mac is on the clock. He has until 3 AM CST to make his pick.

Inkana may make two selections at any time.

eddie mac
06-26-2007, 06:57 PM
The Fighting Irish continue their drafting strategy of golden oldies with the acquisition of Dolph Schayes F/C

Dolph Schayes was one of professional basketball's early superstars, a crack shooter and top rebounder whose career stretched from the NBA's inaugural year to basketball's emergence as a major sporting attraction. Although Schayes represented a bridge between the old game and the new one -- he was canning two-handed set shots long after the jumper had come into vogue -- more than anything he was known as the star of the Syracuse Nationals. He was practically the only scoring leader Syracuse ever had-the top scorer in 13 of the club's 17 years.

Honors: Elected to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame (1973); NBA Champion (1955); All-NBA First Team (1952, '53, '54, '55, '57, '58); 12-time NBA All-Star; NBA 25th Anniversary Team (1970); One of 50 Greatest Players in NBA History (1996).

G FG% FT% Rebs RPG Asts APG Pts PPG
996 .380 .849 11,256 11.3 3,072 3.1 18,438 18.5

Fighting Irish

F Julius Erving
F Elvin Hayes
C George Mikan
G Oscar Robertson
G Earl Monroe
F/C Dolph Schayes

JCMElway
06-26-2007, 11:25 PM
VJ82 is on the clock at 10 PM CST. He has 12 hours to select.

Inkana may make two selections at any time.

JCMElway
06-27-2007, 12:19 PM
Ludo is on the clock at 11 AM CST. He has 12 hours to select.

Inkana may make two choice and VJ82 may make one choice at any time.

vancejohnson82
06-27-2007, 03:49 PM
I'll take some toughness and some boards.....

http://images14.fotki.com/v192/photos/3/327027/2315606/DennisRodman35-vi.jpg

DENNIS RODMAN

Dennis Rodman has developed from a janitor who had never played organized basketball into arguably the best rebounding forward in NBA history and one of the most recognized athletes in the world. Enigmatic and individualistic, Rodman has caught the public eye for his ever-changing hair color, tattoos and unorthodox lifestyle. Rodman's achievements on the court are indisputable. A two-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year and a member of two championship Pistons teams in Detroit and three title-winning Bulls teams in Chicago, he has led the league in rebounding for seven consecutive years despite standing only 6-8--Wilt Chamberlain is the only player to win more rebounding titles, 11. Rodman is one of the few players in basketball who can change the course of a game without taking a shot. Rodman, whose two sisters were All-American basketball players, didn't play high school basketball and stood only 5-11 when he graduated. At age 20 he was working the graveyard shift at the Dallas-Fort Worth Airport when he decided, after having grown eight inches since high school, that he would pursue basketball. He enrolled in Cooke County Junior College in Texas and later transferred to Southeastern Oklahoma State. In three seasons there, 1983-84 through 1985-86, he averaged 25.7 points and 15.7 rebounds, led the NAIA in rebounding twice and registered a .637 field goal percentage. Still relatively obscure, Rodman lasted into the second round of the 1986 NBA Draft before being selected by the Detroit Pistons with the 27th overall pick. After an unremarkable rookie season, Rodman began making his presence felt. On the 1987-88 Pistons he averaged a career-best 11.6 points along with 8.7 rebounds. The team lost to the Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA Finals. Detroit won the NBA Championship the next two seasons, and Rodman was a prime reason for the club's success. The sixth man in 1988-89 on a team known for its physical play, he led the NBA in field goal percentage at .595, averaged 9.4 rebounds, and was runner-up for both the Defensive Player of the Year Award and the Sixth Man Award. In the Pistons' second title year he earned NBA Defensive Player of the Year honors, made the All-Star Team, and averaged 9.7 rebounds. With Rodman as a starter for the final 43 games of the season, Detroit went 39-4. The NBA Defensive Player of the Year for a second consecutive season in 1990-91, Rodman finished second in the NBA in rebounding at 12.5 boards per game. Up to that point Rodman had established himself as an excellent rebounder, but in 1991-92 he broke the mold and became a legend. Playing more than 40 minutes per game, Rodman averaged 18.7 rebounds, the highest mark since Wilt Chamberlain had averaged 19.2 boards 20 years earlier. Rodman won the rebounding crown again in 1992-93 with 18.3 caroms per game, becoming the first forward ever to win back-to-back rebounding titles. Prior to the 1993-94 season the Pistons traded Rodman to the San Antonio Spurs for Sean Elliott. Rodman continued his board work in San Antonio, leading the league in rebounding for two more seasons. Despite continued discipline problems, he tranformed the Spurs from a good team into a title contender; San Antonio posted the NBA's best record and advanced to the Conference Finals in 1994-95. The Bulls gambled by acquiring the controversial Rodman prior to the 1995-96 season, and the gamble paid off handsomely. He led the league in rebounding for the next three years, and while he was more flamboyant than ever, it didn't seem to hurt Chicago's chemistry as the Bulls charged to 72, 69 and 62 victories and three championships. He appeared in 23 games with the Los Angeles Lakers in 1998-99 and 12 games with the Dallas Mavericks in 1999-2000, but was waived by both clubs despite averaging in double figures in rebounds for both teams.

vancejohnson82
06-27-2007, 03:57 PM
PG - Isiah Thomas
SG - George Gervin
SF - Bernard King
PF - Dennis Rodman
C - Alonzo Mourning
6th - Grant Hill

azbroncfan
06-27-2007, 11:51 PM
I'll take some toughness and some boards.....

http://images14.fotki.com/v192/photos/3/327027/2315606/DennisRodman35-vi.jpg

DENNIS RODMAN

Dennis Rodman has developed from a janitor who had never played organized basketball into arguably the best rebounding forward in NBA history and one of the most recognized athletes in the world. Enigmatic and individualistic, Rodman has caught the public eye for his ever-changing hair color, tattoos and unorthodox lifestyle. Rodman's achievements on the court are indisputable. A two-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year and a member of two championship Pistons teams in Detroit and three title-winning Bulls teams in Chicago, he has led the league in rebounding for seven consecutive years despite standing only 6-8--Wilt Chamberlain is the only player to win more rebounding titles, 11. Rodman is one of the few players in basketball who can change the course of a game without taking a shot. Rodman, whose two sisters were All-American basketball players, didn't play high school basketball and stood only 5-11 when he graduated. At age 20 he was working the graveyard shift at the Dallas-Fort Worth Airport when he decided, after having grown eight inches since high school, that he would pursue basketball. He enrolled in Cooke County Junior College in Texas and later transferred to Southeastern Oklahoma State. In three seasons there, 1983-84 through 1985-86, he averaged 25.7 points and 15.7 rebounds, led the NAIA in rebounding twice and registered a .637 field goal percentage. Still relatively obscure, Rodman lasted into the second round of the 1986 NBA Draft before being selected by the Detroit Pistons with the 27th overall pick. After an unremarkable rookie season, Rodman began making his presence felt. On the 1987-88 Pistons he averaged a career-best 11.6 points along with 8.7 rebounds. The team lost to the Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA Finals. Detroit won the NBA Championship the next two seasons, and Rodman was a prime reason for the club's success. The sixth man in 1988-89 on a team known for its physical play, he led the NBA in field goal percentage at .595, averaged 9.4 rebounds, and was runner-up for both the Defensive Player of the Year Award and the Sixth Man Award. In the Pistons' second title year he earned NBA Defensive Player of the Year honors, made the All-Star Team, and averaged 9.7 rebounds. With Rodman as a starter for the final 43 games of the season, Detroit went 39-4. The NBA Defensive Player of the Year for a second consecutive season in 1990-91, Rodman finished second in the NBA in rebounding at 12.5 boards per game. Up to that point Rodman had established himself as an excellent rebounder, but in 1991-92 he broke the mold and became a legend. Playing more than 40 minutes per game, Rodman averaged 18.7 rebounds, the highest mark since Wilt Chamberlain had averaged 19.2 boards 20 years earlier. Rodman won the rebounding crown again in 1992-93 with 18.3 caroms per game, becoming the first forward ever to win back-to-back rebounding titles. Prior to the 1993-94 season the Pistons traded Rodman to the San Antonio Spurs for Sean Elliott. Rodman continued his board work in San Antonio, leading the league in rebounding for two more seasons. Despite continued discipline problems, he tranformed the Spurs from a good team into a title contender; San Antonio posted the NBA's best record and advanced to the Conference Finals in 1994-95. The Bulls gambled by acquiring the controversial Rodman prior to the 1995-96 season, and the gamble paid off handsomely. He led the league in rebounding for the next three years, and while he was more flamboyant than ever, it didn't seem to hurt Chicago's chemistry as the Bulls charged to 72, 69 and 62 victories and three championships. He appeared in 23 games with the Los Angeles Lakers in 1998-99 and 12 games with the Dallas Mavericks in 1999-2000, but was waived by both clubs despite averaging in double figures in rebounds for both teams.

Damn I wanted him with my next pick.

vancejohnson82
06-28-2007, 08:29 AM
haha, i was hoping no one was gonna notice that "The Worm" was still on the board

JCMElway
06-28-2007, 12:18 PM
AzBroncfan is on the clock at 10 AM CST. He has 12 hours to select.

Inkana may make two selections at any time and Ludo may make one selection at any time.

Bobhorry5, JCM, and Angryllama are on deck.

azbroncfan
06-28-2007, 12:54 PM
http://www.dwighthoward.com/images/05HowardDwight02.jpg

I take the man child.

BobHorry5
06-28-2007, 10:03 PM
maybe a bit early but being a Spurs i will play inside out basketball moses controls the middle and on the perimeter the man who in the clutch even Jordan passed to..
Steve Kerr.

team that competed in the FIBA World Championship (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIBA_World_Championship) in Spain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spain). The team became the last American Men's Senior Team composed strictly of amateur (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amateur) players to capture a gold medal. Kerr injured his knee during the tournament, forcing him to miss an entire season at Arizona. After returning to the team, Kerr helped the Wildcats reach the Final Four (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Men%27s_Division_I_Basketball_Championship) of the NCAA Division I basketball tournament in 1988 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988). Kerr was selected by the Phoenix Suns (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Suns) in the second round of the 1988 NBA Draft (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988_NBA_Draft), but then he was traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Cavaliers) in 1989 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1989). He spent over three seasons there, and then part of a season with the Orlando Magic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orlando_Magic). In 1993 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993), he signed with the Chicago Bulls (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Bulls). In seasons 1993-94 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993-94_NBA_season) and 1994-95 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994-95_NBA_season) the Bulls reached the playoffs, but without Michael Jordan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jordan)'s presence for all of 1994 and much of 1995, they could not win championships. However, with Jordan back full time for the 1995-96 season (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995-96_NBA_season), the Bulls went 72-10 and defeated the Seattle SuperSonics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_SuperSonics) for the NBA championship (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_NBA_Finals), allowing Kerr to be a part of a team that set a record for the most wins in a season, and to start his run of four NBA championships in a row.
Kerr made the game-winning shot in Game Six of the 1997 NBA Finals (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_NBA_Finals) against the Utah Jazz (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_Jazz) that gave the Bulls back-to-back championships. Kerr also won the 3 Point Shootout at the 1997 All-Star Game. The Bulls again triumphed over the Jazz in the 1998 Finals (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_NBA_Finals), after which Kerr was traded to the San Antonio Spurs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Antonio_Spurs).
The Spurs made it to the finals for the first time in their history, and Kerr won his fourth ring in a row when the Spurs beat the New York Knicks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Knicks) for the 1999 NBA championship (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_NBA_Finals). He is the only non-Boston Celtic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Celtics) to win four straight NBA titles.
In the 2003 playoffs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_NBA_Playoffs), Kerr made key contributions in Game Six of the Spurs' Western Conference (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Conference_%28NBA%29) Finals series against the Dallas Mavericks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Mavericks), including four clutch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clutch_%28sports%29) three-pointers that helped eliminate the Mavericks. The Spurs eventually won the NBA championship that year by beating the New Jersey Nets (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Jersey_Nets) in the 2003 NBA Finals (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_NBA_Finals), led by Kerr, David Robinson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Robinson_%28basketball%29), Tim Duncan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Duncan) and Emanuel Ginobili (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manu_Ginobili), among others.
Kerr ended his career as a dependable bench player who was capable of making jump shots and three-pointers during the game's most critical moments. Even when he was with the Chicago Bulls, and both he and Michael Jordan were on the floor at the same time, when a free throw had to be taken due to a technical foul, Kerr was the one usually to be found taking the shot, a true testament to Kerr's pinpoint accuracy, and an example of a big reason he remained a key substitute even with the Spurs until 2003.
Kerr announced his retirement after the 2003 NBA Finals. His career totals are: 5,437 points for six points per game, 1,060 rebounds for a total of 1.2 rebounds per game, and 1,658 assists for an average of 1.8 assists per game. He also retired as the league's all-time leader in three-point shooting percentage for a season (.524 in 1994-95) and career (.454).

[edit (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Steve_Kerr&action=edit&section=3)]

ludo21
06-29-2007, 12:23 AM
Drive and kick, and let this fool hit every 3 ALL game.

Jeff Hornacek

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ayDTDWWg56Y5KM:http://woobiefour.tripod.com/Hornacek_playerfileaction_small.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://woobiefour.tripod.com/Hornacek_playerfileaction_small.jpg&imgrefurl=http://woobiefour.tripod.com/Basketball.htm&h=171&w=100&sz=5&hl=en&start=36&um=1&tbnid=ayDTDWWg56Y5KM:&tbnh=100&tbnw=58&prev=/images%3Fq%3Djeff%2BHornacek%26start%3D20%26ndsp%3 D20%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rls%3DGGLD,G GLD:2003-47,GGLD:en%26sa%3DN)

epicSocialism4tw
06-29-2007, 01:43 AM
Is there an update on the draft results available? I have a couple of these guys on ignore and I'm not sure who has been drafted.

azbroncfan
06-29-2007, 05:32 AM
Is there an update on the draft results available? I have a couple of these guys on ignore and I'm not sure who has been drafted.

Grow a pair of nuts and take the guys off ignore or don't participate. Ignore is for the weak minded who can't handle a little sh!t after talking a truckload you yellow bastard.

azbroncfan
06-29-2007, 05:33 AM
Grow a pair of nuts and take the guys off ignore or don't participate. Ignore is for the weak minded who can't handle a little sh!t after talking a truckload you yellow bastard.
for Llama

JCMElway
06-29-2007, 11:22 AM
I need a spark off the bench. Here he is:

Hal Greer, SG, 76ers, 1958 - 1973.

HG is just the kind of guy I want. Works hard, plays defense, and can give a scoring spark off the bench.

Height: 6-2
Weight: 175 lbs.
Honors: Elected to Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame (1982); NBA champion (1967); Seven-time All-NBA Second Team (1963-69); 10-time NBA All-Star (1961-70); All-Star MVP (1968); One of 50 Greatest Players in NBA History (1996).

"Consistency," Hal Greer once told the Philadelphia Daily News. "For me, that was the thing...I would like to be remembered as a great, consistent player."

Over the course of the 15 NBA seasons turned in by the slight, soft-spoken Hall of Fame guard from West Virginia, consistency was indeed the thing. He turned in quality performances almost every night, scoring 19.2 points per game during his career, playing in 1,122 games, and racking up 21,586 points.

He remained with the same franchise throughout his career, starting with Syracuse in 1958 and then moving with the Nationals when they became the Philadelphia 76ers in 1963. He was an All-Star for 10 straight seasons and a seven-time member of the All-NBA Second Team. He was also the second-leading scorer on Philadelphia's vaunted championship team of 1966-67.

At the time of his retirement Greer had appeared in more games (1,122) than any other player in NBA history. His 21,586 career points ranked among the all-time top 10, as did his totals for minutes played, field goals attempted and field goals made. His efforts earned him a place on the NBA 50th Anniversary All-Time Team in 1996.

Greer believed that in order to succeed in the NBA a player had to keep learning and adjusting. The advice he once gave to young players reveals something of his philosophy toward the game: "Each player should try to improve," he said. "Each game, each minute, each time on the floor, you should try to learn something different. That was the way I went about things."

Greer did it by virtue of a solid, workmanlike approach to the game that few players could emulate even then, and that even fewer could probably maintain today. "Hal Greer always came to play," Schayes told the Philadelphia Daily News after Greer was inducted into the Hall of Fame. "He came to practice the same way, to every team function the same way. Every bus and plane and train, he was on time. Hal Greer punched the clock. Hal Greer brought the lunch pail."

JCMElway
06-29-2007, 11:33 AM

Llama, doing the updates now. However, I'd say you can read the posts of guys you have on ignore in this thread, just so you can see their picks. It's not that big of a deal, is it?

The full list of players taken by round and alphabetically is available on the first page of this thread.

JCMElway
06-29-2007, 11:43 AM
Angryllama is on the clock. He has until 10 PM CST to select.

Inkana may make two choices at any time.

JCMElway
06-29-2007, 11:53 AM
Inkana is in danger of losing his team because he has not responded to my PMs. Folks, if you're going out of town let me know in advance so I can get your picks in or find another person to take your slot.

I have Man-Goblin coming in to run a team. If Slap comes back in on the 1st, Man-Goblin will take over Inkana's team (unless I hear from Inkana first.) If Slap does not come back in, he gets his choice between Slap's or Inkana's team. If I do have a free team I have a couple of feelers out to see if someone can jump in.

This has been your nba all time draft update.

RhymesayersDU
06-29-2007, 12:32 PM
I hate you, JCM. I wanted Greer.

freak6
06-29-2007, 12:57 PM
Hurry up and pick llama! I'm so bored at work today! I have 3 guys I wanna select. All steals in my eyes.

Master___Pain
06-29-2007, 03:28 PM
Hurry up and pick llama! I'm so bored at work today! I have 3 guys I wanna select. All steals in my eyes.

He probably has you on ignore, along with me so hopefully someone that's not can tell him to hurry the hell up.

Jens1893
06-29-2007, 03:32 PM
He probably has you on ignore, along with me so hopefully someone that's not can tell him to hurry the hell up.

youcandoit1687
06-29-2007, 03:40 PM
Okay I guess I'm filling in for Inkana here, I will go with Horace Grant, PF and Vince Carter, SG.

Horace Junior Grant (born July 4 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/July_4), 1965 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1965) in Augusta (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augusta%2C_Georgia), Georgia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_%28U.S._state%29)) is a retired American (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States) basketball (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basketball) player. He attended and played college basketball (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_basketball) at Clemson University (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clemson_University), before playing professionally in the National Basketball Association (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Basketball_Association) (NBA), where he became a 4-time world champion. Horace Grant is the twin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin) brother of Harvey Grant (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_Grant), who also played in the NBA.
Horace Grant was selected by the Chicago Bulls (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Bulls) with the 10th overall pick of the 1987 NBA Draft (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1987_NBA_Draft). The 6' 10" power forward (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_forward_%28basketball%29) immediately teamed with Scottie Pippen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottie_Pippen) to form the Bulls' forward tandem of the future, although he initially backed up Charles Oakley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Oakley), one of the league's premier rebounders and post defenders.
In 1989 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1989), Grant moved into the starting lineup when Oakley was traded to the New York Knicks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Knicks) for center Bill Cartwright (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Cartwright). He immediately became the Bulls' main rebounder, and established himself as the Bulls' third scoring option after Michael Jordan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jordan) and Pippen, forming one of the league's best trios. Grant was a notably good defensive player which is witnessed by his four NBA All-Defensive Team (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_All-Defensive_Team) selections.[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horace_Grant#_note-0) He helped Chicago win three consecutive NBA championships (1990-91 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990-91_NBA_season), 1991-92 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991-92_NBA_season), and 1992-93 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992-93_NBA_season)).
After Jordan retired following the 1992-93 season, Grant became the number two star behind Pippen, and helped the Bulls push the Knicks to seven games in the second-round playoff series before being defeated. In the offseason, however, he left the Bulls as a free agent (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_agent) and joined the young and rising Orlando Magic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orlando_Magic), led by young phenoms Shaquille O'Neal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaquille_O%27Neal) and Anfernee 'Penny' Hardaway (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penny_Hardaway). Grant helped the Magic reach the 1995 NBA Finals (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_NBA_Finals), where they were swept (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweep) in four games by the more experienced Houston Rockets (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houston_Rockets). Grant spent the next several seasons with the Magic, until he was traded to the Seattle SuperSonics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_SuperSonics) just before start of the 1999-2000 season (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999-2000_NBA_season).
After one year with the Sonics, he was involved in a three-way trade in which Glen Rice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glen_Rice) of the Los Angeles Lakers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Lakers) was sent to New York, Patrick Ewing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Ewing) of the Knicks was sent to Seattle, and Grant to the defending champion Lakers. He helped them win another championship in 2000-01 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000-01_NBA_season), but in the offseason decided to leave Los Angeles and sign back with the Magic. Grant was cut by the Magic after being called a "cancer" to the team by then-coach Doc Rivers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doc_Rivers).[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horace_Grant#_note-1) He retired at the beginning of the 2002-03 season (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002-03_NBA_season), but briefly returned to the Lakers in the summer of 2003 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003).
Grant was known as a strong defender and rebounder who could also provide a consistent source of points. He was easily recognizable by many NBA fans because of his trademark protective goggles (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goggles).

Vince Carter, born in Daytona Beach, Florida (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daytona_Beach%2C_Florida), was a McDonald's All-American (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald%27s_All-American) player in 1995 out of Mainland High School (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mainland_High_School) in Daytona Beach.[5] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vince_Carter#_note-3) Carter enjoyed tremendous popularity during his initial years in the NBA, especially after showcasing his athletic abilities in the 2000 All-Star Slam Dunk Contest (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slam_Dunk_Contest), in which he competed alongside teammate and second cousin[6] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vince_Carter#_note-4) Tracy McGrady (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracy_McGrady). He took the newly franchised Toronto Raptors to new heights as he helped the team to three playoff berths. Until 2006, Carter had perennially topped All-Star team voting. He currently plays for the New Jersey Nets. He is widely considered one of the elite players in the NBA.[ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citing_sources)

Hook Grant back up with Phil Jackson, gotta love the goggles. Vince Carter will be Phil's Kobe/MJ. This team has potential, good job Inkana.

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/mwwells/Vince%20Carter%20Olympic%20dunk.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1090000/images/_1094803_grant300.jpg

http://jhernandez.gpltarragona.org/varios/vincecarter.jpg

epicSocialism4tw
06-29-2007, 05:50 PM
I figured that this guy would be gone by now, and at this point I have to go with the best player available. That player is:

W I L L I S R E E D
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/06/06/gallery.game7/reed_1970_001299594.jpg
Full Name: Willis Reed Jr.
Born: 6/25/42 in Hico, La.
High School: West Side (Lillie, La.)
College: Grambling State
Drafted by: New York Knicks, 1964
(10th overall) Height: 6-10; Weight: 240 lbs.
Honors: Elected to Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame (1982); NBA champion (1970, '73); NBA MVP (1970); All-NBA First Team (1970); All-NBA Second Team (1967, '68, '69, '71); NBA All-Defensive Team (1970); Rookie of the Year (1965); One of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History (1996).
Complete Bio | Summary

Of all the thrilling baskets scored in NBA history, there have been few more fabled than the two Willis Reed hit in the first few minutes of Game 7 of the 1970 NBA Finals. Although they counted for only four points on the scoreboard, they were worth a million buckets of inspiration in the hearts of the New York Knicks.

E-mail photo | Buy photos

In 1970, Reed was MVP of the All-Star Game, regular season and Finals.
Wen Roberts
NBAE/Getty Images
Prior to Game 7, on May 8, 1970, at 7:30 p.m., Reed, the captain and main force of a multitalented New York Knicks team, was apparently sidelined with an injury that threatened his team's chances to win the NBA Championship. Fifteen minutes later he had become a legend, and the Knicks were on the way to their first NBA title.

In the first four games of the Finals against the formidable Los Angeles Lakers, Reed had scored 37, 29, 38 and 23 points, respectively, while averaging 15 rebounds. In the fourth quarter of Game 5 he sustained a deep thigh injury. The Knicks managed to survive that encounter but were demolished by the Lakers in Game 6.

The series was tied at three games apiece entering the decisive contest at Madison Square Garden. New York's Bill Bradley recalled Game 7 in an article in The New York Times: "We left the locker room for the warm-ups not knowing if Willis was going to come out or not."

At 7:34 p.m. Reed limped onto the court. The crowd went wild, and his teammates' confidence returned with a vengeance. Reed somehow managed to outjump Wilt Chamberlain. on the opening tip, then scored the game's first basket on a shot from the top of the key. He then scored the second New York basket from 20 feet out.

He did not score again, but he didn't have to; he had already inspired the Knicks to seize the day. New York led by as many as 29 points in the first half and eventually won the contest, 113-99.

Reed was the heart, soul and backbone of the Knicks' 1970 and 1973 championship teams. The 6-9˝, 240-pound former Grambling Tiger played 10 seasons in New York and appeared in seven NBA All-Star Games. He was NBA Rookie of the Year in 1964-65 and NBA Most Valuable Player in 1969-70. He was selected Finals MVP both years that the Knicks wore the crown.

Reed was born on June 25, 1942, in Hico, Louisiana, a place so tiny that he once told Pro Basketball Illustrated, "They don't even have a population." While Reed was growing up on a farm in nearby Bernice, the Knicks were floundering. New York managed only one winning season in the 12 campaigns between 1955-56 and 1966-67. From 1956 to 1966 the Knicks finished last nine times, and the club failed to make the playoffs in the seven seasons from 1959 to 1966. In 1963-64 the Knicks brought up the rear of the Eastern Division with a 22-58 record.

At Grambling, Reed amassed 2,280 career points, averaged 26.6 points and 21.3 rebounds during his senior year, and led the school to one NAIA title and three Southwestern Athletic Conference Championships. Selected by the Knicks in the second round of the 1964 NBA Draft, he signed with the franchise for about $10,000.

Reed made an immediate impact. In March 1965 he scored 46 points against Los Angeles, the second-highest single-game total ever by a Knicks rookie. For the season, he ranked seventh in the NBA in scoring (19.5 ppg) and fifth in rebounding (14.7 rpg). He also began his string of All-Star appearances, and he was the first Knicks player ever to be named NBA Rookie of the Year.

Reed proved to be a clutch playoff performer throughout his career. He gave an early indication of this in 1966-67 when he bettered his regular-season average of 20.9 points per game by scoring 27.5 points per contest in the postseason.

The team continued to struggle for a few years while adding good players through trades and the draft. Perhaps the most important personnel move was the decision to replace Dick McGuire as coach with William "Red" Holzman midway through the 1967-68 season. The Knicks had gone 15-22 under McGuire; Holzman steered them to a 28-17 finish. New York's 43-39 record gave the team its first winning season since 1958-59.

Reed continued to make annual appearances in the NBA All-Star Game. By this time he was playing power forward instead of center in order to make room for Walt Bellamy. Reed continued to work hard on the boards, averaging 11.6 rebounds in 1965-66 and 14.6 in 1966-67, both top-10 marks in the league. By the latter season he had adjusted to the nuances of his new position, averaging 20.9 points to rank eighth in the NBA.

New York won 54 games in 1968-69 after staggering to a 6-10 start. On Dec. 19, the Knicks traded Bellamy and Howard Komives to the Detroit Pistons in exchange for Dave DeBusschere. The trade was good for Reed in two ways. First, DeBusschere assumed some of the heavy labor inside, thereby taking some of the pressure off Reed. But second and more importantly, DeBusschere was a legitimate forward, which meant that Reed could move back to the pivot position, where he was more comfortable and effective. "Since that trade, I feel like a new person," Reed said at the time. "Center is my position."

The lefthanded Reed presented a problem for opposing defenders. He had the bulk and the touch to play inside, but he was also deadly with his soft jump shot from up to 15 feet away.

In a game played the day after the trade it was obvious which team had made out best in the exchange. The Knicks pounded the Pistons, 135-87; the 48-point margin of victory was the Knicks' largest ever. From December 17 through January 4 New York sailed off on a 10-game winning streak, then had another 11-game streak from January 25 through February 15.

The Knicks stressed defense. In 1968-69 New York held opponents to a league-low 105.2 points per game. With Reed clogging the middle and Walt Frazier pressuring the ball, the Knicks would be the best defensive club in the league for five of the next six seasons. Reed scored 21.1 ppg in 1968-69 and grabbed a franchise-record 1,191 rebounds, an average of 14.5 rpg.

In 1969-70, the Knicks jumped out to a 14-1 start and went on to win 60 regular-season games for the first time in franchise history. New York's victories included a then NBA-record 18-game winning streak. Reed, who took home MVP honors at the 1970 NBA All-Star Game, averaged 21.7 ppg during the season, his highest season mark ever. But his most remarkable statistical characteristic was his steadiness: from 1966-67 to 1970-71, Reed notched averages of 20.9, 20.8, 21.1, 21.7, and 20.9 points per game, respectively.

In the 1970 playoffs, New York defeated the Baltimore Bullets in seven games and bounced the Milwaukee Bucks in five to advance to a dramatic NBA Finals against a Los Angeles team led by Jerry West, Elgin Baylor and Chamberlain. Both Game 3 and Game 4 went into overtime, with each team winning one contest. Reed, whose magic in the legendary Game 7 led the Knicks to the title, was named the NBA Most Valuable Player, the All-Star Game MVP and the NBA Finals MVP. He and teammate Walt Frazier were selected to the All-NBA First Team, the first Knicks players to earn that honor since Harry Gallatin in 1953-54.

The lefthanded Reed presented a problem for opposing defenders. He had the bulk and the touch to play inside, but he was also deadly with his soft jump shot from up to 15 feet away. When he didn't possess the ball he was effective at setting picks to free up teammates, an essential element of the Knicks' perpetual-motion offense.

The Knicks' trademark was teamwork, and each player knew his role. Frazier was a reliable playmaker and defender; DeBusschere excelled as a rebounder; Bradley was a tireless and intelligent runner; and Dick Barnett distinguished himself as a jump shooter. Reed, Frazier, DeBusschere, and Bradley all ended up in the Hall of Fame.

The Knicks slipped to 52-30 in the 1970-71 season, still good enough for first place in the Atlantic Division. In mid-season, Reed tied Harry Gallatin's all-time club record by hauling in 33 rebounds against the Cincinnati Royals. Once again Reed started in the All-Star Game. For the season, he averaged 20.9 ppg and 13.7 rpg, but the Knicks were eliminated by Baltimore in the Eastern Conference Finals. In 1971-72 Reed was bothered by tendinitis in his left knee, limiting his mobility. He missed two weeks early in the season and returned, but shortly thereafter the injured knee prohibited him from playing and he totaled only 11 games for the year.

The 1972-73 Knicks finished the season with a 57-25 record and went on to win another NBA title. Reed was less of a contributor than he had been two seasons earlier. In 69 regular-season games he averaged only 11.0 points. In the playoffs the Knicks beat Baltimore and the Boston Celtics and once more faced the Lakers in the Finals. After losing the first game the Knicks captured four straight, claiming their second NBA Championship with a 102-93 victory in Game 5. Reed leading a well-balanced team was named NBA Finals MVP.

Reed played 19 games in 1973-74 before retiring. In his 10 years with New York he had earned a place in the Knicks' top 10 in nearly every category, and he was among the top three in minutes played (23,073), field goals made (4,859), rebounds (8,414) and total points (12,183). In 1976, Reed became the first Knicks player to have his uniform number retired.

The Knicks' dynasty broke up over the next few years. Reed took over as coach for the 1977-78 season and managed to coax a 43-39 record out of the squad. However, he was removed as coach only 14 games into the following season.

Reed served as an assistant coach at St. John's, then as head coach at Creighton University from 1981-82 to 1984-85. While at Creighton he was elected to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 1981. Also at Creighton, Reed coached 7-foot Benoit Benjamin, who later played on several NBA teams and was ultimately reunited with Reed in the New Jersey Nets organization in 1993.

In 1985, Reed joined the Atlanta Hawks as an assistant coach, then filled the same role with the Sacramento Kings. On Feb. 29, 1988, he replaced interim New Jersey Nets Coach Bob MacKinnon and he guided a hapless 1987-88 Nets team to a 7-21 finish, completing a disastrous 19-63 season. The following year Reed coached the Nets to an improved 26-56 record before moving to the front office.

In 1993, Reed became the Nets' general manager. By 1994 he had built the Nets into a perennial playoff contender. By drafting Derrick Coleman and Kenny Anderson, Reed brought in two franchise players who defined the Nets of the early 1990s. Reed also staged a minor coup when he lured Chuck Daly to coach the team for 1992-93 and 1993-94. After a four-year absence from the postseason, New Jersey had made three consecutive playoff appearances by 1994. In 1996, Reed moved to the position of Senior Vice President of Basketball Operations, with the same focus of building the Nets into a championship contender.

After working with the Nets for over 15 years, Reed crossed the river to join the Knicks front office during the offseason before the 2003-04 campaign. The move returned him to the roots of his professional playing days.

The words that describe Reed's playing career may sound like a quaint cliche, but they are appropriate: endurance, pride, dignity, obligation, hard work and courage. For a decade he applied those qualities day in and day out on the basketball court, but they were distilled into a couple of dramatic minutes at the start of Game 7 of the 1970 NBA Finals. Two decades after that legendary night Reed recalled, "There isn't a day in my life that people don't remind me of that game."

Career Statistics

650 .476 .747 8,414 12.9 1,186 1.8 12 21 12,183 18.7

epicSocialism4tw
06-29-2007, 05:53 PM
biochemnerd parade:

PG - Cousy
SG -
SF - Dirk Nowitzki
PF - Kevin Garnett
C - Bill Russell

6th man - Willis Reed, C

azbroncfan
06-29-2007, 06:08 PM

I'm on it too. Pretty weak if you asked me because all the crap people gave him he brought on himself as I didn't say anything about the mavs until he just repeatedly talked like he was the only guy who knows anything about the sport and dirk this and that etc. He deserved the crap he got as he talked the talked but wouldn't even show his face to walk the walk.

freak6
06-29-2007, 06:08 PM
biochemnerd parade:

PG - Cousy
SG -
SF - Dirk Nowitzki
PF - Kevin Garnett
C - Bill Russell

6th man - Willis Reed, C

Bunch of stiffs.

JCMElway
06-30-2007, 01:14 AM
By the by, my wife just said that Red Auerbach is the best coach ever. When told that Phil Jackson was selected before Red, her response was:

"Phil Jackson's a pussy."

Good night now!

JCMElway
06-30-2007, 01:23 AM
Phibacka is on the clock at 12 AM Saturday. He has until noon Saturday to select.

We are currently up to date with picks. Yahoo!

azbroncfan
06-30-2007, 04:40 AM
By the by, my wife just said that Red Auerbach is the best coach ever. When told that Phil Jackson was selected before Red, her response was:

"Phil Jackson's a p***Y."

Good night now!

Did you reply with the correct answer that players make coaches?

phibacka31
06-30-2007, 10:02 AM
Well I'm going to take one of my fav players. Needed a shooter/playmaker off the bench. PG: Baron Davis http://soulhonky.com/candanny/73754096_2392dd9213_o.jpg

JCMElway
06-30-2007, 11:48 AM
Did you reply with the correct answer that players make coaches?

No, I just laughed.

JCMElway
06-30-2007, 11:58 AM
Freak 6 is on the clock at 10 am CST. He has 12 hours to select.

Rhymesayers, Clockwork, and Man-goblin* are on deck.

If Slap comes back in, Man-goblin will take over Inkana's team.

Killericon
06-30-2007, 12:52 PM
Oh, thank god. I didn't want to have to take Vince. He was looking like the best fit for my next pick, but I think I would've rather shot myself.

freak6
06-30-2007, 09:31 PM
Gee, I guess I'll have to draft yet another franchise player.

Over 9 seasons this 5 time All-Star has averaged 24 ppg and 7 rpg. This 6-6 SF can score from anywhere on the floor, and gives me yet another unstoppable scoring machine.

http://www.comcast.net/data/2005/04/12/bin9071.jpg

http://cache.viewimages.com/xt/72758036.jpg?v=1&g=editorial_na&s=1

Running Rebels

C - Robert Parrish - HOF
PF - Bob McAdoo - HOF
SF - Larry Bird - HOF
SG - Kobe Bryant - FHOF
PG - Allen Iverson - FHOF

SF - Paul Pierce - FHOF

RhymesayersDU
06-30-2007, 11:43 PM
It's time for an old timer. Championship experience, and a lot of it. Clutch play as well. A member of 10 Boston Celtic championship teams, he was dubbed "Mr. Clutch" by his teammates.

9:42 PM MST, Runnin' & Gunnin' selects Sam Jones, SG.

http://cache.nba.com/media/history/sam_jones_350.jpg

17.7 PPG
4.9 RPG
2.5 APG

5-Time All-Star
3-Time All-NBA 2nd Team
Hall Of Famer

And most importantly, makes huge shots in huge games. Doesn't get the notoriety a lot of the Celtic greats did, but he was right there with them. There is quote after quote from the greats, all singing praises of Jones' play.

An efficient mid-range shooter, a very smart player. And he made a lot of big shots in Finals games, which is when it matters most.

Runnin' & Gunnin
C - Shaq
PF - Wes Unseld
SF - Dantley
SG - Clyde The Glyde
PG - LeBron

Bench
SG - Sam Jones

epicSocialism4tw
06-30-2007, 11:52 PM
Aw...I thought that Sam Jones would slide on by as well.

Good pick.

JCMElway
07-01-2007, 01:33 AM
Clockwork is on the clock at 11 PM CST. He has until AM CST on Sunday to select.

Man-Goblin, MP, and GSRelyea are on deck.

Killericon
07-01-2007, 02:38 AM
Pierce! Damnit!

freak6
07-01-2007, 12:29 PM
Pierce is to good to pass up as a 6th man.

If we are judging teams by how good these players were at thier peak, I have 3 Most Valuable players, Kobe Bryant, and a HOF 7 foot center.

JCMElway
07-01-2007, 06:10 PM
Man-Goblin is on the clock at 5 PM CST. He has until 5 AM CST to select.

If Slap is on the board this pick, of course, is still his. If Slap makes the selection, MG takes over Inkana's team.

Clockwork may select at any time.

JCMElway
07-02-2007, 11:13 AM
I need a couple of opinions here. Since this is basically one long vacation week (the 4th being on Wednesday) should we go to the 24 hour clock until Sunday? Or maybe from now til Thursday? Or maybe Wednesday to Sunday?

Opinions?

RhymesayersDU
07-02-2007, 11:29 AM
I need a couple of opinions here. Since this is basically one long vacation week (the 4th being on Wednesday) should we go to the 24 hour clock until Sunday? Or maybe from now til Thursday? Or maybe Wednesday to Sunday?

Opinions?

I'm fine with that. I'm out of town on Thursday through Sunday, although I'm hoping my pick in the next round comes before I leave. If not I'll shoot ya a PM.

Master___Pain
07-02-2007, 11:45 AM

Opinions?

I'd say Tuesday -Sunday is a good bet to do 24 hour times. I also think people should attempt to PM you their picks.

JCMElway
07-02-2007, 12:16 PM
OK, Tuesday thru Sunday is 24 hour pick time.

Therefore:

Master pain is on the clock until 12 AM on Tuesday.

Clockwork and Man-goblin may select at any time.

JCMElway
07-02-2007, 12:28 PM
I'm fine with that. I'm out of town on Thursday through Sunday, although I'm hoping my pick in the next round comes before I leave. If not I'll shoot ya a PM.

By the by, I'm glad I snagged Greer when I did. He'll be a great 6th man for my squad. Thanks for the props by letting me know you wanted him!

Master___Pain
07-02-2007, 12:29 PM
I'll take the Skywalker David Thompson

If this guy never gets involved with drugs, we'd be talking about him in the same breath as MJ, Nique or Dr. J.

http://www.born-today.com/Today/pix/thompson_d.jpg

Thompson was elected to the HOF in 1996, was a two time all-nba 1st teamer, named ABA ROY and was a 5 time all star. Thompson shot over 50% from the field throughout his career...not bad for a shooting guard.

PG Magic Johnson
SG Reggie Miller
SF Dominique Wilkins
PF Dan Issel
C Artis Gilmore

Bench
David Thompson

JCMElway
07-02-2007, 12:42 PM
I'll take the Skywalker David Thompson

If this guy never gets involved with drugs, we'd be talking about him in the same breath as MJ, Nique or Dr. J.

http://www.born-today.com/Today/pix/thompson_d.jpg

Thompson was elected to the HOF in 1996, was a two time all-nba 1st teamer, named ABA ROY and was a 5 time all star. Thompson shot over 50% from the field throughout his career...not bad for a shooting guard.

PG Magic Johnson
SG Reggie Miller
SF Dominique Wilkins
PF Dan Issel
C Artis Gilmore

Bench
David Thompson

Nice pick. I decided to go with Greer instead of Thompson because of the abuse problems. Still, I was hoping he'd make it back to me. Ah, well.....

JCMElway
07-02-2007, 12:43 PM
GSRelyea is on the clock. He has until 12 AM Tuesday to select.

Clockwork and MG may slect at any time.

RhymesayersDU
07-02-2007, 03:05 PM
By the by, I'm glad I snagged Greer when I did. He'll be a great 6th man for my squad. Thanks for the props by letting me know you wanted him!

haha, no prob. I wanted with Greer or the guy I chose, Sam Jones. Greer would have gotten the nod had they both been on the board, but I feel I still got a quality player.

Master___Pain
07-02-2007, 05:51 PM
Nice pick. I decided to go with Greer instead of Thompson because of the abuse problems. Still, I was hoping he'd make it back to me. Ah, well.....

Getting a dynamic HOFer in the 6th round works for me. Now I'm just hoping my next pick is around in four picks.

GSRelyea
07-03-2007, 08:40 AM
With my 6th pick the team to be named later selects: Billy "Kangaroo Kid" Cunningham

Billy Cunningham played fiercely, coached intensely, and won frequently. And he made it to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame with a career that reads like a how-to book for legends. As a player and then a coach for the Philadelphia 76ers, he was part of two NBA championship teams. Among his numerous career achievements, he was named to the 1966 NBA All-Rookie Team and three All-NBA First Teams. In 1996, he was named to the NBA 50th Anniversary All-Time Team. more...

NBAE/Getty Images
Complete Bio | Summary
654 .446 .071 .720 6,638 10.1 2,625 4.0 115 45 13,626 20.8

Full Name: William John Cunningham
Born: 6/3/43 in Brooklyn, N.Y.
High School: Erasmus Hall (Brooklyn, N.Y.)
College: North Carolina
Drafted by: Philadelphia 76ers, 1965
Transactions: Signed with ABA's Carolina Cougars, August 1969; Signed with Philadelphia 76ers, 1969; Suspended by NBA, 1972; Returned to 76ers, 1974 Height: 6-7; Weight: 210 lbs.
Nickname: Kangaroo Kid
Honors: Elected to Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame (1986); NBA champion (1967); All-NBA First Team (1969, '70, '71); All-NBA Second Team (1972); Four-time All-Star; One of 50 Greatest Players in NBA History (1996).
ABA Honors: MVP (1973); All-Star First Team ('73).

TBNL
C- Wilt
PF Dave Cowens
SF Pippen
SG Pistol Pete
PG Nate "Tiny" Archibold
6th - SF Billy Cunningham

JCMElway
07-03-2007, 01:49 PM
Killericon is on the clock until 12 AM Wednesday.

Clockwork and Man-Goblin may select at any time.

Killericon
07-03-2007, 07:09 PM
With the last pick of the 6th round, GM Killericon of the Calgary Dinos selects Small Forward Paul Arizin.

http://cache.nba.com/media/history/arizin_170_bw.jpg

With the first pick of the 7th round, GM Killericon of the Calgary Dinos selects Head Coach Pat Riley.

http://www.nba.com/media/finals2003/riley_300_fingers.jpg

Calgary Dinos

Starting Lineup

SF - Dave DeBusschere (http://www.nba.com/history/players/debusschere_summary.html)

Coach - Pat Riley (http://www.nba.com/coachfile/pat_riley/)

Bench

SF - Paul Arizin (http://www.nba.com/history/players/arizin_summary.html)

Killericon
07-03-2007, 07:11 PM

Thompson was gonna be one of my picks. ****!

I'm still feeling pretty damn good, though. Picking up a guy like Arizin at this point is making me feel confident.

JCMElway
07-03-2007, 11:28 PM
GSRelyea is back on the clock. He has until 10 PM Wednesday to select.

Clockwork and Man-Goblin may select at any time.

Man-Goblin
07-04-2007, 05:19 PM
Well, I am at sort of a disadvantage taking over Slap's team and having to catch up and all. But anyways, I can think of no better player to take as a sixth man than the best sixth man of all time (not to mention, one of the best nicknames of all time)...

Vinnie "The Microwave" Johnson

"Johnson earned the nickname "the Microwave" from Boston Celtics guard Danny Ainge for his ability to score many points in a short period of time (i.e., Johnson could heat up the offense of the team in short order) and his "instant defense".

http://www.vinniejohnson.com/images/vinniecut4.jpg

Because I'm jumping in late, I put everyone's teams into a spreadsheet so that I wouldn't take anyone already chosen. However, if I do, please don't hate!

Flying Lithuanians

PG - Dennis Johnson
SG - Jerry West
SF - Rick Barry
PF - Kevin McHale
C - Bob Lanier
G - Vinnie Johnson

JCMElway
07-04-2007, 11:58 PM
MG, if you look on the first page of the thread you will see a list of players taken by round and alphabetically. I have to do an update, but am sick with a f***ing head cold tonight. Update coming tomorrow.

Master pain is on the clock at 10 PM CST. He has until 10 PM Thursday to select.

Clockwork may make a selection at any time.

GSRelyea
07-05-2007, 09:33 AM
With the 2nd pick in the 7th round the team to be named later selects:
Bill Laimbeer

In 14 bruising NBA seasons Bill Laimbeer made up for his minuscule vertical leap, slow feet, and sluggishness by becoming a master of posturing, muscling, and anticipating -- plus fomenting trouble, pretending to be fouled, and drawing his opponents' ire. Laimbeer was one of the most notorious players ever to throw an elbow, thrust a hip, or feign being fouled. Certainly, no player was ever showered with more boos or unflattering nicknames. Laimbeer was called "the prince of darkness," "a street thug," "an ax murderer," and "His Heinous." more...

Nathaniel S. Butler/NBAE/Getty Images
Complete Bio | Summary | Complete Stats
1,068 .498 .326 .837 10,400 9.7 2,184 2.0 710 965 13,790 12.9

Full Name: William Laimbeer Jr.
Born: 5/19/57 in Boston
College: Notre Dame
Drafted by: Cleveland Cavaliers, 1979 (65th overall)
Transactions: Played in Italy, 1979-80 season;
Traded to Detroit Pistons, 2/16/82 Height: 6-11
Weight: 260 lbs.
High School: Palos Verdes (Calif.)
Honors: NBA champion (1989, '90); Four-time NBA All-Star (1983, '84, '85, '87)

Master___Pain
07-05-2007, 12:16 PM
With my 7th round pick I select Tom Chambers

"How you like my face to ball style Tom CHambers?" ~Mark Jackson (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDyBSTQDwH8)

aside from being a nasty dunker, Tom Chambers was a prolific scorer in the 80s, 4 time all star, 2 time all NBA 2nd team, AS game MVP when he scored 34 points.

Averaged 18/6.5/2 pg over his 14 year career/

PG Magic Johnson
SG Reggie Miller
SF Dominique Wilkins
PF Dan Issel
C Artis Gilmore

Bench
David Thompson
Tom Chambers
Glen Rice
Fat Lever

JCMElway
07-05-2007, 12:24 PM
Man-Goblin is on the clock at 11 AM CST. He has until 11 AM Friday to select.

Clockwork may make a selection at any time.

Man-Goblin
07-05-2007, 01:02 PM
Flying Lithuanians take...

"Reign Man" Shawn Kemp

http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_association/images/9596finalsshawnkempairjordandunk.jpg

The Seattle SuperSonics drafted Kemp in the first round of the 1989 NBA Draft and he quickly became a force to be reckoned with. Kemp was one of the NBA's premier high flyers with outstanding leaping abilities. At the time, he was the youngest player in the NBA. Half-court lob passes from Gary Payton to Kemp became a regular sight to see. Together with Payton, Detlef Schrempf, Sam Perkins, Hersey Hawkins, and other stars, they became a highly successful squad. After Kemp's second NBA season, he picked up the nickname "Reign Man." Conflicting accounts attribute this to his love of the Seattle weather as a rookie, as well as his appreciation of the Dustin Hoffman movie "Rain Man."[4]

Statistics

SEASON TEAM GP GS MPG FG% FT% RPG APG PPG
'89-90 Seattle 81 1 13.8 .479 .736 4.3 0.3 6.5
'90-91 Seattle 81 66 30.1 .508 .661 8.4 1.8 15.0
'91-92 Seattle 64 23 28.3 .504 .748 10.4 1.3 15.5
'92-93 Seattle 78 68 33.1 .492 .712 10.7 2.0 17.8
'93-94 Seattle 79 73 32.9 .538 .741 10.8 2.6 18.1
'94-95 Seattle 82 79 32.7 .547 .749 10.9 1.8 18.7
'95-96 Seattle 79 76 33.3 .561 .742 11.4 2.2 19.6
'96-97 Seattle 81 75 34.0 .510 .742 10.0 1.9 18.7
'97-98 Cleveland 80 80 34.6 .445 .727 9.3 2.5 18.0
'98-99 Cleveland 42 42 35.1 .482 .789 9.2 2.4 20.5
'99-00 Cleveland 82 82 30.4 .417 .776 8.8 1.7 17.8
'00-01 Portland 68 3 15.9 .407 .771 3.8 1.0 6.5
'01-02 Portland 75 5 16.4 .430 .794 3.8 0.7 6.1
'02-03 Orlando 79 55 20.7 .418 .742 5.7 0.7 6.8

Flying Lithuanians

PG - Dennis Johnson
SG - Jerry West
SF - Rick Barry
PF - Kevin McHale
C - Bob Lanier
G - Vinnie Johnson
PF - Shawn Kemp

RhymesayersDU
07-05-2007, 04:17 PM
So Clockwork gets 2 picks, yes? His 6th and now his 7th? Has anybody heard from him?

I saw his name mentioned as possibly leaving over the whole Slap deal. Don't know if there is any merit, just saw his name involved.

Anyways, I'm gone for the weekend, so I will shoot JCM a PM for my pick, which is next after CO.

Master___Pain
07-05-2007, 04:25 PM
So Clockwork gets 2 picks, yes? His 6th and now his 7th? Has anybody heard from him?

I saw his name mentioned as possibly leaving over the whole Slap deal. Don't know if there is any merit, just saw his name involved.

Anyways, I'm gone for the weekend, so I will shoot JCM a PM for my pick, which is next after CO.

I'm going to be bummed if CO has left the building. One of my favorite posters on the board. He shares my contempt for YaknowwhatImmasayin

RhymesayersDU
07-05-2007, 04:38 PM
I'm going to be bummed if CO has left the building. One of my favorite posters on the board. He shares my contempt for YaknowwhatImmasayin

Preachin' to the choir my man. The CO bandwagon starts behind me. I want to know where Slap, Tred, and possibly CO went if they aren't posting here anymore.

JCMElway
07-05-2007, 10:35 PM
I hate to keep replacing folks, but Clockwork has not posted on the Mane since June 26. He left me no indication that he was going on vacation, so I asked Dipso to come in and run his draft. Hopefully he'll say yes. If anyone knows anybody who would be interested in taking over the team please let me know.

And, if CW comes back in, he gets his slot back.

So, CW has until 11 AM Friday to make two selections.

Rshackleford
07-06-2007, 02:47 AM
Dipsomaniac asked if I would like to take over for Clockwork Orange, and I would like to do that if that's cool with you.

JCMElway
07-06-2007, 02:51 AM
Dipsomaniac asked if I would like to take over for Clockwork Orange, and I would like to do that if that's cool with you.

I have not heard from CW and he hasn't been on the Mane in 10 days. So please take over. If CW comes back, he may take over his team again.

Shack, thanks for jumping in. Make two selections please.

JCMElway
07-06-2007, 02:58 AM
As the David Stern of this league I am disappointed that Slap and CW aren't making their picks. But, in order to get a fair draft for all of the teams I think it's necessary that teams miss no more than one or two picks. Otherwise we'd have a Washington Generals in the mix.

As I have said before, if Slap and CW get back in here they may have their teams back. If they do not like who was selected for them they may discard those players and replace them immediately. However, in order to keep it fair for all involved, the draft will roll on. I hope dumping drafters so quickly doesn't ruffle anyones feathers, but I think this course of action necessary with such a short draft.

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming......

Rshackleford
07-06-2007, 03:31 AM
I will take Larry Brown as our coach!

Rshackleford
07-06-2007, 03:32 AM
As much as I dislike the Spurs, I can't argue with their success: I select G Tony Parker

JCMElway
07-06-2007, 03:51 AM
So the Shack CW Oranges are:

G Kevin Johnson
G Joe Dumars
C Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
F Alex English
F Charles Barkley

G Tony Parker

Coach Larry Brown

JCMElway
07-06-2007, 03:53 AM
Rhymesayer is up and he PMed me his pick. He takes:

Michael Cooper, G/F, Lakers.

He'll tell you all about Cooper in an upcoming post.

JCMElway
07-06-2007, 03:54 AM
Freak 6 is on the clock at 3 AM CST. He has until Saturday 3 AM to select.

JCMElway
07-06-2007, 03:57 AM
By the by, a big thank you to Rshack, Man-Goblin, and Youcan for jumping in to help us get this thing completed. Bravo gentlemen!

freak6
07-06-2007, 11:47 AM
I need a back up center, and this dude just avg 25 per and started in the All-Star game.

Not many true 7 footers that score consistently, now I have 2.

http://img.timeinc.net/time/asia/covers/1101021118/images/yao_ming.jpg

Running Rebels

C - Robert Parrish - HOF
PF - Bob McAdoo - HOF
SF - Larry Bird - HOF
SG - Kobe Bryant - FHOF
PG - Allen Iverson - FHOF

SF - Paul Pierce - FHOF
C - Yao Ming

JCMElway
07-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Phibacka is now on the clock. He has until 11 AM CST Saturday to make his selection.

Angryllama, JCM, and BobHorry are on the clock.

phibacka31
07-06-2007, 10:30 PM
Well I looked for a whilet osee if anyone picked him and I don't think anyone did, but if someone did let me know Phibacka selects John Havlicek : http://bermansports.com/images/500-havlicek03.jpg

Man-Goblin
07-06-2007, 11:38 PM
Well I looked for a whilet osee if anyone picked him and I don't think anyone did, but if someone did let me know Phibacka selects John Havlicek : http://bermansports.com/images/500-havlicek03.jpg

I believe BobHorry's got him on his team....

JCMElway
07-07-2007, 12:10 AM
Just so folks remember, there is an alphabetical list of players taken on page one of this thread.

Phibacka is still on the clock until 11 AM CST.

epicSocialism4tw
07-07-2007, 09:48 AM
I'm out of town right now, so I'll have to finish this up in a couple of days, but here's my selection:

Mark Aguirre G/F Dallas Mavericks

Biochemnerd Parade

PG - Cousy
SG - Mark Aguirre
SF - Dirk Nowitzki
PF - Kevin Garnett
C - Russell

Bench:
Willis Reed, C

JCMElway
07-07-2007, 11:15 AM
Hey, I'm taking off for work, so I'm putting my selection in now.

Robert Horry, F, Rockets/Lakers/Spurs

I need a sniper off the bench and I know Big shot Bob would probably be gone with the next pick.

Records

Horry collected his seventh championship as a member of the Spurs in 2007.[2]. He is one of only nine players to have won seven or more championships in the NBA, and the only one who did not play on the 1960s Celtics. In 2005, he joined John Salley as the only players to win NBA rings with three different teams. Horry has also played in more NBA playoff games than any player except Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

Horry is second on the all-time list of three-pointers made in the playoffs, behind only Reggie Miller. He also holds the record for three-pointers all-time in the NBA Finals with 53, having eclipsed Michael Jordan's previous record of 42. He holds the NBA Playoffs record for most three-point field goals made in a game without a miss (7), against the Utah Jazz in Game 2 of the 1997 Western Conference Semifinals.

[edit] NBA career stats/Trivia

* As of March 2007, Horry averages 7.2 points, 4.9 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game.
* Robert Horry and another clutch-shooting role player, Steve Kerr, alternated NBA Championships for a decade, and combined to win 12 championships over a fourteen-year period. Either Kerr or Horry was on the roster of every NBA Championship team from the 1993-1994 season through the 2002-2003 season. Horry's teams were victorious in the NBA Finals in 1994, 1995, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005 and 2007. Kerr's teams were winners in the NBA Finals in 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999 and 2003. Each won 3 titles playing for Phil Jackson-coached teams and every other championship with a team from Texas, the Spurs or the Rockets.

[edit] Playoff notable clutch shots

* May 22, 1995 | Western Conference Finals Game 1 | Houston Rockets at San Antonio Spurs

Robert Horry hits a jumper with 6.5 seconds left to give Houston a 94–93 win.[3]

* June 11, 1995 | NBA Finals Game 3 | Orlando Magic at Houston Rockets

With Houston up 1 point with 14 seconds left and the shot clock winding down, Hakeem Olajuwon kicks out the ball to Horry, who launches a three over Orlando's Horace Grant, propelling the Rockets to a 106–103 victory and a 3–0 series lead on the way to a sweep and back-to-back NBA titles.[4]

* May 6, 1997 | Western Conference Semifinals Game 2 | Los Angeles Lakers at Utah Jazz

Horry drains all seven of his three-point shots. However, this proves to be not enough as the Lakers lose Game 2 103–101 and ultimately the series 4–1.[4]

* June 10, 2001 | NBA Finals Game 3 | Los Angeles Lakers at Philadelphia 76ers

With the series tied at 1–1, the Sixers were within one point with under a minute to play and with Shaquille O'Neal on the bench with six fouls for the Lakers. Brian Shaw found Horry in the corner and he drilled the three with 47.1 seconds left to give the Lakers a four-point lead.[4]

* April 28, 2002 | Western Conference First Round Game 3 | Los Angeles Lakers at Portland Trail Blazers

Down by two with 10.2 seconds left, Kobe Bryant drives on Ruben Patterson and kicked the ball to Horry, who hits a game-winning three.[4]

* May 26, 2002 | Western Conference Finals Game 4 | Sacramento Kings at Los Angeles Lakers

The Kings led 99–97 with two seconds left when center Vlade Divac knocked the ball out of the paint after a Shaquille O'Neal missed layup. The ball came to Horry, who launched a three-pointer as time expired to give the Lakers a 100–99 victory.[4]The band Grand Incredible has written a song called "Robert Horry" about this famous shot.

* June 19, 2005 | NBA Finals Game 5 | San Antonio Spurs at Detroit Pistons

Horry hit a three-pointer with 5.9 seconds left in overtime to give the San Antonio Spurs a 96–95 victory and a 3–2 series lead heading into Game 6.[4]

* April 30, 2007 | Western Conference First Round Game 4 | San Antonio Spurs at Denver Nuggets

The Spurs led by one with 30 seconds left when Horry hit a game-securing three-point shot.

JCMElway
07-07-2007, 11:16 AM
Phibacka may make a selection at any time.

Bob Horry is on the clock at 11 AM CST. He has 24 hours to select.

phibacka31
07-08-2007, 03:24 PM
I loved watching this guy big man that sure knows how to dish: Arvydas Sabonis http://www.interbasket.net/players/sabonis.jpg

Killericon
07-08-2007, 05:55 PM
Hey, could you guys leave me at least one good 7-Footer? I'll have to draft Oden at this rate.

azbroncfan
07-08-2007, 07:34 PM
Hey, could you guys leave me at least one good 7-Footer? I'll have to draft Oden at this rate.

That would be if wasn't taken already. You might have to go the Bol/Eaton route. :rofl:

JCMElway
07-08-2007, 07:48 PM
Bobhorry5 selects:

Dale Ellis, F/G, 6'7"

* Led the NBA in 1997-98 with a .464 three-point shooting percentage
* Closed the 1997-98 season as the NBA's all-time leader in three-pointers made (1,588) and attempted (3,949)
* Finished third in the AT&T Shootout during the 1998 NBA All-Star Weekend in New York
* Scored 14 points, hitting the 1,500th three-pointer of his career, against the Golden St. Warriors on 12/20/97
* Led the Nuggets in 1996-97 in three-pointers made (192) and attempted (528), establishing career-highs in both categories
* Scored his 17,000th career point against the Toronto Raptors on 2/25/97
* Named NBA Player of the Week for week ending 11/17/96, averaging 30.4 ppg and shooting .525 (21-of-40) from three-point range
* Registered a 1996-97 season-high 37 points against the Toronto Raptors on 11/11/96
* Scored 33 points and grabbed a career-high 14 rebounds against the Houston Rockets on 11/7/96
* Led the Sonics in scoring for four straight seasons from 1986-87 to 1989-90
* Earned All-NBA Third Team honors in 1988-89, averaging a career-best 27.5 ppg and 4.2 rpg
* Won the NBA Long Distance Shootout during the 1989 All-Star Weekend in Houston, also participating in 1986-1988, 1994 and 1997
* Scored 27 points (12-16 FG) in the 1989 NBA All-Star Game
* Scored a career-high 53 points, for Seattle, against the Milwaukee Bucks on 11/9/89
* Earned the NBA Most Improved Player Award in 1986-87, averaging 24.9 ppg, 8th in the NBA

3rd all time 3 pointers made -- 1,719
17th all time in 3 pt fg% -- .403

JCMElway
07-08-2007, 07:50 PM
Ludo 21 is on the clock. He has until noon on Monday to select.

VJ82, Eddie Mac, and Youcandoit are on deck.

RhymesayersDU
07-08-2007, 07:53 PM
That would be if wasn't taken already. You might have to go the Bol/Eaton route. :rofl:

ahah, beat me to it.

Anyways, per JCM above, I took G/F Michael Cooper, a lifetime Laker:

5-Time 1st Team All Defense
3-Time 2nd Team All Defense
1987 DPOY

He only averaged 9 PPG for his career, 3 RPG, and 4 APG, but he was the one, on the defensive side of the ball, that was a huge part of what the Lakers wanted to do as a team. He was their Bruce Bowen, without the dirty play. Came in, guarded the team's best player. And he was great at what he did.

Basically, this is why I want him on my team:

Larry Bird has always said that Cooper was the best defender he played against. High praise! He'll be a perfect role player/defender/etc.

http://services.bostonglobe.com/mas_assets/full/1594219.jpg

Plus, he went to college here in New Mexico and used to run a basketball camp. I went once.

JCMElway
07-08-2007, 07:55 PM
ahah, beat me to it.

Anyways, per JCM above, I took G/F Michael Cooper, a lifetime Laker:

5-Time 1st Team All Defense
3-Time 2nd Team All Defense
1987 DPOY

Plus, you can't forget the Coop-A-Loop!

azbroncfan
07-09-2007, 12:32 AM
Ludo 21 is on the clock. He has until noon on Monday to select.

VJ82, Eddie Mac, and Youcandoit are on deck.

Actually I'm on the clock and I select
http://internetservices.readingeagle.com/blog/zeke/p1_webber_all.jpg

I feel he is one of the best players available and am surprised he lasted this long.
He is a career 20 pt 10 rebound 4 assist player

Awards
5 time All-Star
5 times All-NBA — 2001 first team, 1999, 2002, & 2003 second team, 2000 third team
All Rookie NBA — 1994
1994 NBA Rookie of the Year
1990-1991 National High School player of the year
NCAA Men's Division I Basketball All-American 1993
NCAA All Tournament 1st Team (1992, 1993)
Retired Jerseys: #44 Detroit Country Day School
1999 NBA rebounding champ (13.0 rpg)

LUDO on the CLOCK 10 oclock PST

JCMElway
07-09-2007, 01:08 AM
Sorry AZ, you're absolutely right. I saw your post in there commenting about Bol and Eaton and thought that you picked. My bad.

NOW Ludo is on the clock until 12 PM Monday.

ludo21
07-09-2007, 02:08 AM
anyone have some ideas. Im really running out of players on my list I had... I suck at this..

Ill post one tommorow.

Killericon
07-09-2007, 06:26 AM

I totally missed that.

Man-Goblin
07-09-2007, 09:01 AM
anyone have some ideas. Im really running out of players on my list I had... I suck at this..

Ill post one tommorow.

http://www.kurtrambis.com/goldcard.jpg

:)

freak6
07-09-2007, 10:42 AM
Actually I'm on the clock and I select
http://internetservices.readingeagle.com/blog/zeke/p1_webber_all.jpg

Nice pick. He was one of the guys I have been eyeing for the last 2 rounds. My only gripe with him is his health. He was always hurt, but when healthy was a beast.

Stupid though!!

vancejohnson82
07-09-2007, 04:52 PM
With this guy and Rodman, Isiah and Mourning on my squad my team has a chance to be booted out of the league for misconduct

Before laughing at the pick read a bit about him......

MAURICE LUCAS

http://imagesource.art.com/images/products/large/10100000/10100478.jpg

Maurice Lucas (born February 18 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/February_18), 1952 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1952) in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsburgh%2C_Pennsylvania)) is a retired American (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States) professional basketball (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basketball) player (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Player_%28game%29), and current assistant coach with the National Basketball Association (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Basketball_Association)'s (NBA) Portland Trail Blazers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portland_Trail_Blazers).
Lucas played college basketball at Marquette University (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marquette_University) for two years, leading them to the NCAA championship game (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Men%27s_Division_I_Basketball_Championship) in 1974 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1974). Although Marquette did not win the title, Lucas played the full 40 minutes of the game, leading his team with 21 points and 13 rebounds.
In 1974 he was selected by the Chicago Bulls (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Bulls) with the 14th pick of that year's NBA Draft (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1974_NBA_Draft). Despite this, he instead joined the American Basketball Association (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Basketball_Association)'s (ABA) Spirits of St. Louis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirits_of_St._Louis) where he was named to the 1974-75 ABA All-Rookie 2nd team. Part way through his second season with the Spirits, Lucas was traded to the Kentucky Colonels (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kentucky_Colonels) and remained with them until the league folded and merged with the NBA in 1976 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976). Lucas was an ABA All-Star for the 1975-76 season.
After the ABA folded, Lucas would be selected by the Portland Trail Blazers in the subsequent dispersal draft (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dispersal_draft). They had traded Geoff Petrie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoff_Petrie) and Steve Hawes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Hawes) to the Atlanta Hawks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta_Hawks) for the 2nd overall pick, which they used to select Lucas. In the 1976-77 NBA season, Lucas led the Trail Blazers in scoring, minutes played, field goals (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field_goal_%28basketball%29), free throws (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_throw), and offensive rebounds (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebound_%28basketball%29). Not only did the team qualify for their first trip to the playoffs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Playoffs) that season, but Lucas and teammate Bill Walton (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Walton) led the Trail Blazers past the favored Los Angeles Lakers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Lakers), sweeping them 4-0 in the Western Conference Finals, and stunning the league in a come-from-behind 4-2 upset victory over the Philadelphia 76ers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_76ers) for the championship (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Finals). In that NBA Finals series, Lucas asserted his "enforcer" role in Game 2. With the 76ers comfortably ahead late in the game, the Blazers streaked down the floor on a fast break. Lionel Hollins (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lionel_Hollins) missed the shot, both Bob Gross (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Gross) and Darryl Dawkins (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darryl_Dawkins) went up and wrestled for the rebound, and both came crashing to the floor. The two appeared ready to come to punches before Lucas slapped Dawkins from behind and challenged him to fight him instead of Gross. Both benches emptied and Dawkins and Lucas were ejected. Although the 76ers would go on to win the game and go up 2-0 in the series, Lucas' actions basically turned the series in favor of the Blazers. Inspired, Portland won the next two games at home in blowouts, then won at Philadelphia, and closed out the 76ers at home to win the series. Lucas remained with Portland until 1980 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980) when he was traded to the New Jersey Nets (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Jersey_Nets).
Lucas moved around the league, playing for the New York Knicks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Knicks), Phoenix Suns (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Suns), Los Angeles Lakers, and Seattle SuperSonics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_SuperSonics) before returning to Portland for his final professional season in 1987-88 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1987-88_NBA_season). In his 14 year career (2 in the ABA, 12 in the NBA), Lucas scored 14,857 points, 9,306 rebounds (59th NBA career leader overall), and was a 5 time All-Star (1 ABA, 4 NBA). He was named to the 1978 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1978) All-NBA-Defense First team, the 1978 All-NBA Second team, and the 1979 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1979) All-NBA-Defense Second team. The Trail Blazers retired his jersey number, 20, in a ceremony on 4 November (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_4) 1988 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988). Lucas also served the team as an assistant coach under Mike Schuler (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Schuler) and Rick Adelman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Adelman) during the 1988-89 season (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988-89_NBA_season).
In 2005 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005), Lucas rejoined the Trail Blazers as an assistant coach under Nate McMillan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nate_McMillan).[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maurice_Lucas#_note-0)
Current Los Angeles Lakers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Lakers) forward Luke Walton (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Walton), son of Lucas' Portland teammate Bill Walton, is named after him.

AwardsABA All-Rookie Second Team (1974 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1974))
ABA All-Star (1976 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976))
4-time NBA All-Star (1977–79, 1983)
1 NBA Championship (1977)
All-NBA Second Team (1978)
All-NBA-Defense First Team (1978)
All-NBA-Defense Second Team (1979)
Named one of the 30 Greatest Players in ABA History (http://www.remembertheaba.com/ABAGeneralInfo/30YearTeam.html) (1997 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997)

JCMElway
07-09-2007, 11:24 PM
Eddie Mac is on the clock. He has until 12 PM CST to select.

Youcan, Eddie Mac, and VJ82 are on deck.

Killericon
07-10-2007, 01:47 AM
Slap's back...?

Man-Goblin
07-10-2007, 10:27 AM
Slap's back...?

I hope he isn't pissed at the players I took for him...

ludo21
07-10-2007, 11:28 AM
Sam Cassell if he hasnt been chosen.

JCMElway
07-10-2007, 12:01 PM
OK, Ludo takes Sam Cassell. As for Slap, he has asked the MG run his draft for him. So.

Eddie Mac is on the clock for one more hour, and I will make two selections for youcan (he PMed me) around 4:30 PM CST.

JCMElway
07-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Youcandoit selects Chris Bosh and Buck Williams.

Eddie Mac may make two selesctions at any time.

eddie mac
07-10-2007, 01:57 PM
The Fighting Irish select Walt Bellamy C and Mark Price G

Walt Bellamy

He is forgotten by some as one of the game's dominating big men, but Walt Bellamy had his moments in the sun, despite playing in the shadows of contemporaries Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell. Bellamy averaged 20.1 points and 13.7 rebounds over a career that lasted 13 seasons and one game of a 14th. He is one of only seven players to score more than 20,000 points and grab more than 14,000 rebounds, joining Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Elvin Hayes, Robert Parish, Moses Malone and Karl Malone. He played in four All-Star Games and he was Rookie of the Year in 1962.

Honors: Elected to Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame (1993); NBA Rookie of the Year (1962); Four-time NBA All-Star; Olympic gold medalist (1960)

G FG% FT% Rebs RPG Asts APG Pts PPG

1,043 .516 .632 14,241 13.7 2,544 2.4 20,941 20.1

Mark Price

The 6-foot former Georgia Tech point guard mystified critics who said he was too slow, too small and too deliberate for a high-level game. Picked first in the second round (25th overall) by the Dallas Mavericks in the 1986 NBA Draft, he was acquired by the Cleveland Cavaliers in a draft day trade that helped turn the team into an Eastern Conference power.

Price, the Cavs greatest point guard of all-time, was known as one of the league's most consistent shooters. He finished his career with a 90.4% free throw shooting percentage, placing him as the league's all-time leader in this statistical area,[1] and a 40% three-point field goal shooting percentage.[2] During the 1988-89 season, Price became only one of five players, along with Larry Bird, Reggie Miller, Steve Nash, and Dirk Nowitzki, to shoot at least 40% from three-point range, at least 50% from the field and at least 90% from the free throw line.[3] Price ranked consistently among the assist leaders, twice won the Long Distance Shootout, and was a four-time All-Star. Price was named to the All-NBA First Team after the 1992-1993 season.[4]

He was plagued by injuries late in his career, a factor in his trade to the Washington Bullets prior to the 1995-96 season. He played one season for Washington before moving on to the Golden State Warriors and later the Orlando Magic, where he played his final season. He retired in 1998. Not long after retirement, Price's number, 25, was retired by the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Price and college teammate John Salley are among the very few college basketball players to have had their numbers (not just their jerseys) retired by their school.

The City of Enid, Oklahoma, built a Basketball Arena and named it the Mark Price Arena, as a tribute to the NBA players accomplishments, since he was one of the best basketball athletes in Enid High School

Fighting Irish

F Julius Erving
F Elvin Hayes
C George Mikan
G Oscar Robertson
G Earl Monroe
F/C Dolph Schayes
C Walt Bellamy
G Mark Price

-Slap-
07-10-2007, 01:59 PM
I hope he isn't pissed at the players I took for him...

Not at all. Thank you very much for stepping in and keeping the draft moving.

RhymesayersDU
07-10-2007, 07:14 PM
I wanted Bellamy, boo urns.

azbroncfan
07-10-2007, 08:29 PM
How are we going to do a tournament? Players during their prime or over their career, voting, what if sports etc?

freak6
07-10-2007, 08:38 PM
How are we going to do a tournament? Players during their prime or over their career, voting, what if sports etc?

Does it really matter.

Bird, Kobe, Iverson, McAdoo, Yao, The Chief, Paul Pierce...

lmfao!!!

Man-Goblin
07-10-2007, 09:22 PM
Not at all. Thank you very much for stepping in and keeping the draft moving.

Anytime man. Glad you're back.

azbroncfan
07-10-2007, 10:44 PM
AL's All-Time All-Defensive Team:

PG - John Stockton
SG - Mike Jordan
SF - Bobby Jones
PF - Tim Duncan
C - Bill Russell

The fact that you have Stockton(my favorite player of alltime) over the glove shows me your NBA info minister knowledge.

Man-Goblin
07-10-2007, 10:47 PM
The fact that you have Stockton(my favorite player of alltime) over the glove shows me your NBA info minister knowledge.

I'm not sure where you're going there, but people forget how good the Glove was in his prime. If this were a 'in his prime' draft, I would take Payton in a heartbeat.

azbroncfan
07-10-2007, 11:07 PM
I'm not sure where you're going there, but people forget how good the Glove was in his prime. If this were a 'in his prime' draft, I would take Payton in a heartbeat.

Stockton was better PG all around and was a good defender but he wasn't near as good of defender as GP. GP is a 9 time all defensive team player.

JCMElway
07-11-2007, 12:10 AM
VJ82 is on the clock. He has until 12 PM CST to select.

vancejohnson82
07-11-2007, 12:08 PM
With the next pick THE THUGGISH RUGGISH BONE takes.........

http://mixmatters.com/cds/2006-large/Ron-Artest-Fever.jpg

Quotes

In regards to medication for his behavior Artest said, "I've never taken medication (to control moods) in my life. Doctors have suggested it and I say, 'OK, give it to me.' But then I go home and I throw it in the garbage."[citation needed] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citing_sources)
On the All-Star game; "They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" [7] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Artest#endnote_espnmag1)
In regards to Bonzi Wells (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonzi_Wells)' free agent status and re-signing with the Sacramento Kings, Ron said, "[Bonzi] called me last week. I told him if he leaves, then I'm going to kill him. Unless he wants to die, he's got to stay (with the Kings)."[6] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Artest#_note-5)Oh yeah, he is also a 15.0 PPG and 7.0 RPG player

ANd he plays defense

http://people.brandeis.edu/~lunatic/New%20Folder%20(2)/Ron%20Artest.jpg

vancejohnson82
07-11-2007, 12:16 PM
THUGGISH RUGGISH BONE

PG - Isiah Thomas
SG - George Gervin
SF - Bernard King
PF - Dennis Rodman
C - Alonzo Mourning
6th - Grant Hill
Bench - Maurice Lucas
Bench - Ron Artest (suspended)

JCMElway
07-11-2007, 05:24 PM
Ludo 21 is on the clock. He has until 3 AM CST to select.

AZBronc, BobHorry, and JCM are on deck.

azbroncfan
07-12-2007, 06:43 AM
With their 8th pick in the draft the NBA INFO MINISTERS select

http://www.kpug1170.com/imageuploads/thumbNews-Photo-48.jpg

Career 18 pt 8 assist guy who could get by anyone to the hole.

JCMElway
07-12-2007, 11:21 AM
OK, I'll give bobhorry5 a call and let him know he's on the clock.

Ludo 21 may make a selection at any time.

JCMElway
07-12-2007, 10:35 PM
BobHorry5 selects Dikembe Mutumbo.

Those Cheap Bastards select:

Bobby Jones, F/G, Nuggets, 76ers

6'9", 210

Of the players remaining on the board, he has the most all defensive team selections.

Jones was known for his outstanding defensive play, earning him eleven All-Defensive team selections, including eight 8 on the First Team. A defensive guru and thinking man's basketball player. A good leaper, Bobby used good foot-work and shrewd on-court anticipation to get strategic defensive positioning. Jones often was a step ahead of his opponent which gave him the upper hand and caused the offensive player to be off-balance.

During his career, Jones played in one ABA All-Star Game and four NBA All-Star Games. He led the ABA in field goal percentage twice, and led the NBA in field goal percentage during the 1977-78 season. In 1983, Jones was selected as the very first NBA Sixth Man of the Year.

JCMElway
07-12-2007, 10:36 PM
Angryllama is on the clock until 10 AM CST.

Ludo21 may also make a selection at anytime.

RhymesayersDU
07-12-2007, 10:40 PM
This is horse ****. Bobby Jones was my next pick.

You keep beating me to the punch, JCM.

JCMElway
07-13-2007, 12:26 AM
Thanks RSDU. I really like the picks that you put together and the fact that we're thinking along the same lines is a great compliment.

Now don't take one of my guys with your next picks!

Killericon
07-13-2007, 12:33 AM
BobHorry5 selects Dikembe Mutumbo.

http://accordionguy.blogware.com/Photos/2005/05/noooooooo.jpg

epicSocialism4tw
07-13-2007, 01:12 AM
I'll go with Bill Sharman to give my squad a sharpshooting guard who helps to add to the core of Celtic greats that typify the squad:

Biochemnerd Parade
PG - Cousy
SG - Aguirre
SF - Nowitzki
PF - Garnett
C - Russell
Bench:
Willis Reed, C
Bill Sharman, G

JCMElway
07-13-2007, 01:27 AM
Phibacka is on the clock. He has until 2 PM CST to select.

Freak6, Rhymesayers, and Rshack are on deck.

Nice pick A.L.

phibacka31
07-13-2007, 02:32 AM
Phibacka31 selects: Mark Jackson: http://www.largefeet.com/images/markjackson.jpg In NBA history, ranks second with 10,334 career assists, 10th with 1,296 career games and 20th with 1,608 career steals
Has ranked among the NBA’s Top 10 in assists 11 times in 17 seasons
Possesses 17 career triple-doubles
Stands as the fourth-oldest active NBA player, trailing only Kevin Willis, Karl Malone and Avery Johnson
Passed Magic Johnson (10,141) for second place all-time on the NBA's assist list 3/16/03 vs. Cleveland.
Dished out his 10,000th career assist vs. Phoenix on 1/8/03, joining John Stockton and Magic Johnson as the only other men in NBA history to reach that milestone
Scored his 12,000th career point vs. New Jersey in the season finale on 4/17/02
Ranked 10th in NBA in assists per game (7.4)
Ranked 9th in the NBA in assists per game (8.0) and 17th in three-point field-goal percentage (.403) in 1999-2000
Scored his 10,000th career point, posting 10 points, a game-high 7 assists and 5 rebounds, in a 115-110 overtime win over the Charlotte Hornets on 4/29/99
Notched a triple-double, with 15 points and game-highs of 12 rebounds and 11 assists, in an 81-74 victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers on 2/25/99
Led the Pacers in 1997-98, and ranked 3rd in the NBA, in assists (8.7 apg)
Led the NBA in 1996-97 and established a career-best in assists (11.4 apg)
Notched his 14th career triple-double, with 10 points, 12 assists and 11 rebounds, in a 98-84 Nuggets' victory over the Toronto Raptors on 3/25/97
Set a Pacers NBA-franchise record with 19 assists against the Milwaukee Bucks on 2/28/97
Matched the NBA single-game record for most assists in one quarter (12), for the Nuggets, against the New Jersey Nets on 1/20/97
Led the Knicks in assists in each season from 1987-88 to 1991-92 and ranks 2nd in franchise history with 3,237 career assists
Appeared in the 1989 NBA All-Star Game, totaling 9 points and 4 assists in 16 minutes
Named 1987-88 NBA Rookie of the Year, and to the NBA All-Rookie Team, after setting an NBA single-season rookie record with 868 assists (10.6 apg) and scoring 13.6 ppg

JCMElway
07-13-2007, 02:35 AM
VNP Phibacka. One of the best assist guys ever.

Freak 6 is on the clock. He has until 3 PM CST to select.

Rhymesayers, RShack, and Man-Goblin are on deck.

GSRelyea
07-13-2007, 08:12 AM
Can't believe Mutumbo lasted that long I was praying that he made it to me....

RhymesayersDU
07-13-2007, 10:08 AM
Thanks RSDU. I really like the picks that you put together and the fact that we're thinking along the same lines is a great compliment.

Now don't take one of my guys with your next picks!

I tried to go offensive fire power for my starting 5, then defense and role players for my reserves... Bobby Jones was fantastic. 8-Time all D 1st team. Incredible.

GSRelyea
07-13-2007, 10:21 AM
Mutumbo then M. Jackson, back to the drawing boards for me.......

freak6
07-13-2007, 11:03 AM
You guys are making this way to easy for me.

I select yet another 20 ppg and 10 rpg Power Forward.

This guy is the personification of consistent. It was between him, Yao, and Chris Webber last pick. I got 2 of the three. I had a feeling he would fall to me though watching Hornacek go where he did! lmao.

Anyway, this guy is much healthier than Webber ever was, not as dominant, but he should be, underutilized imo.

Elton Brand

20-10 since he came in.

Rookie of the Year
2 time All Star
All NBA 2nd team 2006
Wooden Award Winner
Member of Team USA

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/brandel01.html

http://www.usabasketball.com/images/2006/06_mwc_elton_brand1-slovenia.jpg

freak6
07-13-2007, 11:12 AM
Running Rebels

C - Robert Parrish - HOF
PF - Bob McAdoo - HOF - Last 30-15 player -NBA MVP
SF - Larry Bird - HOF - 3 straight MVPs
SG - Kobe Bryant - FHOF - Duh
PG - Allen Iverson - FHOF - NBA MVP

SF - Paul Pierce - FHOF
C - Yao Ming
PF - Elton Brand

Master___Pain
07-13-2007, 11:16 AM
Can't believe Mutumbo lasted that long I was praying that he made it to me....

You were not the only one. Appears that he was going to go in this round to someone. He was #1 on my board

JCMElway
07-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Rhymesayers is on the clock until 11 PM CST.

Rshack, Man-Goblin, and GSReylea are on deck.

RhymesayersDU
07-13-2007, 03:44 PM
****ing A, this is horse **** x 2. Literally, Brand was going to be my pick. Just 1 pick late!

Anywho, I'll have mine up shortly.

RhymesayersDU
07-13-2007, 04:22 PM
2:20 PM MST, Runnin' & Gunnin' selects:

Calvin Murphy, Hall Of Fame PG.

http://cache.nba.com/media/history/murphy_celtics170.jpg

PPG: 18
ASP: 4.4
RPG: 2.1

Possessed "speed, quickness, great hands, ball handling skills, great leaping ability and the shooting eye of an eagle."

Rshackleford
07-13-2007, 05:17 PM
Though he only played 8 seasons, his numbers were good enough to be my backup centre:

(C) Brad Daugherty, Cleveland Cavaliers

JCMElway
07-14-2007, 01:49 AM
Man-Goblin is up. He has until 1 PM CST to select.

Master Pain, GSRey, Killericon, Killericon, GSrey, and Master Pain are on deck.

BobHorry5
07-14-2007, 03:40 PM
Building my franchise based on the Spurs i have to say that my team does not seem to have that much flash and i probably need a slasher or two but to look at my team with the workman like attitude they had i'll go to war with these guys anyday
c-Bill Walton
pf- Moses Malone
sf- Ray Allen
sg- John Havilicek
pg- Mo Cheeks
bench-
Dikimbe Mutombo
Steve Kerr
Dale Ellis

damn i hope i dont need a clutch 3 at the end of a game

JCMElway
07-14-2007, 06:34 PM
MP PMed me his selection and he chooses:

Glen Rice

JCMElway
07-14-2007, 06:36 PM
GSReylea is on the clock. He has until 5 AM CST to select.

Ludo and Man-Goblin may select at any time.

GSRelyea
07-14-2007, 08:45 PM
The tream to be named later selects:
Drazen Petrovic

Drazen Petrovic was the advent of one of the most far-reaching changes in the makeup of the NBA -- the international influence. During the late 1980s there was the arrival of significant numbers of talented European players, a migration accelerated by the fall of communist governments in Eastern Europe. But no arrival from the former Soviet bloc was more eagerly anticipated than that of Drazen Petrovic. In four short seasons in the NBA, he was a blazing comet of tireless enthusiasm -- with shooting skills to match -- who made an everlasting mark. He was posthumously enshrined in the Basketball Hall of Fame in 2002. more...

Nathaniel S. Butler/NBAE/Getty Images
Complete Bio | Summary | Complete Stats
290 .506 .437 .841 669 2.3 701 2.4 265 27 4,461 15.4

Full Name: Drazen Petrovic
Born: 10/22/64 in Sibenik, Croatia
Died: 6/7/93
College: University of Zagreb(Yugoslavia)
Honors: Elected to the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame (2002), All-NBA Third Team (1993) Height: 6-5
Weight: 200 lbs.
Drafted by: Portland Trail Blazers, 1986 (third round)
Transactions: Traded to New Jersey Nets (1/23/91)

JCMElway
07-14-2007, 10:53 PM
Killericon is on the clock. He may make two selections until noon on Sunday.

Ludo and Man-Goblin may select at any time.

Killericon
07-15-2007, 01:37 AM
With the last pick of the 8th round, GM Killericon of the Calgary Dinos Selects C Mark Eaton (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Eaton_%28basketball%29).

http://pe.cypresscollege.edu/~pbottiaux/images/w-Mark-Eaton.jpg

With the first pick of the 9th round, GM Killericon of the Calgary Dinos selects F/G George Yardley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Yardley).

http://www.nba.com/media/pistons_19581960_240.jpg

Calgary Dinos

Starting Lineup

Coach - Pat Riley (http://www.nba.com/coachfile/pat_riley/)

Bench

F - Paul Arizin (http://www.nba.com/history/players/arizin_summary.html)
F/G - George Yardley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Yardley)
C - Mark Eaton (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Eaton_%28basketball%29)

JCMElway
07-15-2007, 01:39 AM
It occurs to me I haven't posted my lineup yet.

PG -- John Stockton
SG -- Gilbert Arenas
SF -- Jerry Lucas
PF -- Bob Petit
C -- Hakeem Olajuwon

2nd team
PG -- ?
SG -- Hal Greer
SF -- Bobby Jones
PF -- Robert Horry
C -- ?

Coach -- ?

Killericon
07-15-2007, 01:40 AM
All time leader in Blocks per game to spell at Center? Done and done!

A blurb on Yardley.

At 6'5", Yardley was a good-sized forward in 1950's basketball, and was described as "an offensive-minded player with a knack for scoring" in his Basketball Hall of Fame biography. Described as a "flamboyant" and "gregarious" player who "never did anything without flair", Yardley had a stellar 7-year career, making the NBA All-Star team every year except for his rookie season. He led the Fort Wayne Pistons to two NBA Finals before the team moved to Detroit in 1957. In '57-58, the Pistons' first year in Detroit, Yardley led the league in scoring, averaging 27.8 points per game, and tallied 2001 points, just enough to make him the first NBA player to score 2000 points in a season. That year, Yardley also set NBA records for most free throws attempted (808) and most free throws made (655), and was named to the All-NBA First Team for the first and only time in his career.
Following a sixth All-Star season in 1959-1960, in which he averaged 20.2 points per game, George Yardley retired from basketball at the age of 31. He was the first player in NBA history to retire after averaging at least 20 PPG in his final year. Although Alex Groza (http://hoopedia.nba.com/index.php?title=Alex_Groza&action=edit) had a 21.7 PPG average in his final NBA season in 1951, his career ended as a result of a lifelong ban, instead of a voluntary retirement like that of Yardley's. He made a brief comeback in the short-lived American Basketball Association (http://hoopedia.nba.com/index.php/ABA) with the Los Angeles Jets (http://hoopedia.nba.com/index.php?title=Los_Angeles_Jets&action=edit) in 1961-62.

JCMElway
07-15-2007, 01:42 AM
Killer, those are two fantastic picks. Well done. I was eyeing Eaton with my next pick as well. Whattaya gonna do?

GSReylea is on the clock until 2 PM CST on Sunday.

Ludo21 and Man-Goblin may make a selection at any time.

JCMElway
07-15-2007, 03:06 AM
All right you guys, I've mapped out my final five picks.

No one take the guys I want!!!

Seriously.

OK?

;)

JCMElway
07-15-2007, 03:07 AM
Especially you Rhymesayers.

Rocket 7
07-15-2007, 06:01 AM
Though he only played 8 seasons, his numbers were good enough to be my backup centre:

(C) Brad Daugherty, Cleveland Cavaliers

Your Sploofactor is off the charts. Congrats bro!

ludo21
07-15-2007, 11:33 AM
Another Sun.... ;D

With Hawkins' star power secured in the ABA, Hawkins then played seven additional seasons in the NBA for the Phoenix Suns (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Suns), Los Angeles Lakers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Lakers) and Atlanta Hawks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta_Hawks). He played in four NBA All-Star Games and was named to the All-NBA First Team in the 1969-70 season. His No. 42 jersey was retired by the Suns.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/21/Conniehawkins1.jpg/220px-Conniehawkins1.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Conniehawkins1.jpg)

JCMElway
07-15-2007, 12:31 PM
All right! Connie Hawkins to Ludo.

GSRey is still up until 2 and Man-Gobln may still pick at any time.

JCMElway
07-15-2007, 04:53 PM
Master Pain makes his selection via PM.

Fat Lever, PG/SG, Trailblazers/Mavericks/Nuggets.

Man-Goblin may make two selections at any time.

Man-Goblin
07-15-2007, 05:15 PM
Well, I need someone to coach these guys. Who better to coach a dream team than the coach of the dream team himself...

Chuck Daly

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a2/Chuck_Daly.jpg/200px-Chuck_Daly.jpg

Charles Jerome "Chuck" Daly (born July 20, 1930 in St. Marys, Pennsylvania) was an American basketball head coach. He is famous for coaching the Detroit Pistons for nine years, winning consecutive NBA championships in 1989 and 1990, and for coaching the gold medal-winning basketball Dream Team in the 1992 Summer Olympics. During his 14-year NBA career, Daly has also coached the Cleveland Cavaliers, New Jersey Nets and Orlando Magic. He was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame on May 9, 1994.

Man-Goblin
07-15-2007, 05:36 PM
And my next pick is somewhat of a homer pick, but this guy always seemed to light it up when I went to McNichols Sports Arena to check out the Nuggs when I was a kid (albein at the end of his career)...

Walter "The Greyhound" Davis

http://www.jockbio.com/Classic/McCoy/McCoy_Images/McCoy_Bio_06.gif

Walter Paul Davis Over his career, Davis averaged 18.9 points, 3.8 assists and 3.0 rebounds per game. Davis was affectionately known as "The Greyhound" for his speedy style and sleek physical appearance. Suns broadcaster Al McCoy created many alternate nicknames for him, including "Sweet D," "The Candyman," and "The Man with the Velvet Touch." Davis is the Suns' all time leading scorer with 15,666 points and is commonly understood as the best pure shooter in the history of the franchise.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/justusj/regular.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/justusj/playoff.jpg

JCMElway
07-15-2007, 06:48 PM
OK, we're all caught up again.

Rshack is on the clock until 7 AM CST on Monday.

Rhymesayers, Freak, and Phibacka are on deck.

And did I mention that Man-Goblin took my coach? F***er.

Man-Goblin
07-15-2007, 09:03 PM
OK, we're all caught up again.

Rshack is on the clock until 7 AM CST on Monday.

Rhymesayers, Freak, and Phibacka are on deck.

And did I mention that Man-Goblin took my coach? ****er.

If Dikembe Mutombo Jakamba Makamba Jean Jaque Wamutombo was there I was going to pull the trigger on him (MAN DOES NOT FLY IN THE HOUSE OF MUTOMBO), but Daly is the man; he's going to teach my team to be blue collar and lock ya down on the defensive end.

Anyways, I forgot to post my team; so here it is. Pretty sweet if you ask me. I'm getting pretty close to having my rotation set.

Flying Lithuanians

PG - Dennis Johnson
SG - Jerry West
SF - Rick Barry
PF - Kevin McHale
C - Bob Lanier
G - Vinnie Johnson
PF - Shawn Kemp
G/F - Walter Davis

Coach - Chuck Daly

Rshackleford
07-16-2007, 03:51 AM
Looks like I need a ballhog, so I will pick (G) Stephon Marbury.

JCMElway
07-16-2007, 07:25 AM
Rhymesayers is on the clock until 7 PM CST.

Freak, Phibacka, and Angryllama are on deck.

RhymesayersDU
07-16-2007, 09:13 AM
I struggled with this pick, because there truly are quite a few ways I could go with it. There are some needs, there are some HOF'ers still on the board. But I'm going with a current player, due to stats like 19 PPG, 10 RPG, 2 APG.

Furthermore, when a guy can play multiple positions, that versatility is at a premium. In 2004-2005, He was the 2nd player in NBA history to average in the top five in rebounding and steals since the league started to track steals in 1973. He did it again in 2005-06.

The 2005-06 NBA season was perhaps the best season of his career. He was the only player in the NBA ranked in the top 20 in points, rebounds, steals, blocks, field goal percentage and minutes.

Throw in a couple of All-Star appearances, and I just can't pass on a guy who can truly fill up the stat sheet:

The Matrix
http://www.photofile.com/Photos/Albums/04-05NBA_Playoffs/West/Images/04MarionShawnPO.jpg

7:12 AM MST, Runnin & Gunnin' Selects F Shawn Marion.

GSRelyea
07-16-2007, 09:21 AM
Team to be named later selects -
MOOKIE BLAYLOCK

C-Wilt Chamberlain
PF-Dave Cowens
SF-Scottie Pippen
SG-Pistol Pete
PG-Nate Archibald
PG Mookie Blaylock

freak6
07-16-2007, 11:48 AM
With outstanding swingman like Pierce and Kobe, I can move Iverson to the 2 when I bring in http://www.nbauniverse.com/nbaplayers/chauncey_billups.jpgMr. Big Shot, aka Smooth, aka the King of Park Hill, aka 2004 Finals MVP to go along with

2005 All-Defense 2nd Team

2006 All-Defense 2nd Team

2006 All-NBA 2nd Team

2007 All-NBA 3rd Team.

Drafted the same year as Allen Iverson, the DENVER native is loved in his hometown, and still visits often, scorching Freak6 in Highlands Ranch pickup ball.

While at G.W. he was the top H.S. pg in the nation, and pulled up at half court swishing a 3 as he brought the ball up court just because he could against wannabe rival and my H.S. Thomas Jefferson.

He also went to the University of Colorado, and played for the Denver Nuggets, who stupidly traded him.

Running Rebels

C - Robert Parrish - HOF
PF - Bob McAdoo - HOF - Last 30-15 player - NBA MVP
SF - Larry Bird - HOF - 3 straight MVPs
SG - Kobe Bryant - FHOF - Duh
PG - Allen Iverson - FHOF - NBA MVP

PG- Chauncey Billups
SF - Paul Pierce - FHOF
PF - Elton Brand
C - Yao Ming

JCMElway
07-16-2007, 09:08 PM
Damn you freak. My coach and backup PG taken within 3 picks of each other. Not good, not good........

Phibacka is on the clock until 9 AM cst.

freak6
07-17-2007, 12:07 PM
Damn you freak. My coach and backup PG taken within 3 picks of each other.

I don't know how I am gonna round out my squad though, the last 4 rounds are going to have some reaches I guess, some guys that I am not huge on, but whatever, with Bill Lambier and Horncek being drafted...lmao

phibacka31
07-17-2007, 01:04 PM
I select PF: Jermaine Oneal : http://espn.go.com/photo/2006/0419/nba_a_oneal_268.jpg

JCMElway
07-17-2007, 06:30 PM
I don't know how I am gonna round out my squad though, the last 4 rounds are going to have some reaches I guess, some guys that I am not huge on, but whatever, with Bill Lambier and Horncek being drafted...lmao

Hey, don't dog Hornacek and Laimbeer! Those are legitimate choices. Laimbeer was a good rebounder, got the break started with fast outlet passes, was very nasty and set the tone on defense, and stretched the defense because of his three point range.

And Hornacek was deadley when coming off screens. One of the best spot up shooters of his time. And believe me, when we get to dissecting these teams, no ones choices will be bullet proof.

JCMElway
07-17-2007, 06:31 PM
Angryllama is up. He has until 5 AM CST to select.

Master___Pain
07-17-2007, 08:03 PM
Here's a little infor on my last two picks

Glen Rice
http://www.nba.com/media/heat/hpg0506_rice_050818.jpg

An absolutely lethal shooter, Rice is 4th all time in 3 point FGs made and averaged 40% from 3 point land. He was a member of the 2000 LA LAkers squad that won the NBA Championship. Was a 3 time all star, winning the AS game MVP in 1997. Was an 84% FT shooter over the course of his career. Don't leave him open!!!!!!

Next up, Lafayette "Fat" Lever

http://www.nba.com/media/nuggets/fat_lever_dribble.jpg

Born Lafayette Lever but known to the world as 'Fat', the former Arizona State star had a stellar NBA career that spanned three cities and 11 seasons. Only 6-3, 175 pounds in his playing days, his distinctive nickname came not from a weight problem, but rather from a younger brother who found Fat easier to say than his full given name.

After playing his first two NBA seasons in Portland, he was dealt along with Wayne Cooper, Calvin Natt and two draft picks to the Nuggets in exchange for (current Nuggets GM) Kiki Vandeweghe on June 7, 1984.

He would spend six seasons in Denver (1984-90), leaving as the Nuggets' all-time leader in steals (1,167), second in assists (3,566) and sixth in scoring (8,081). But Lever's most startling number in 46. That is the number of triple-doubles he posted in a Nuggets uniform. Three of those came in the playoffs. Second on the Nuggets all-time list is Dikembe Mutumbo with just 8. All other Nuggets combined (since 1976) only have 21.

Fat Lever is one of three players to have a 15/15/15 game in the playoffs.

Season Team GP MPG RPG APG PPG
1982-83 Trail Blazers 81 24.9 2.8 5.3 7.8
1983-84 Trail Blazers 81 24.8 2.7 4.6 9.7
1984-85 Nuggets 82 31.2 5.0 7.5 12.8
1985-86 Nuggets 78 33.5 5.4 7.5 13.8
1986-87 Nuggets 82 37.2 8.9 8.0 18.9
1987-88 Nuggets 82 37.3 8.1 7.8 18.9
1988-89 Nuggets 71 38.7 9.3 7.9 19.8
1989-90 Nuggets 79 35.8 9.3 6.5 18.3
1990-91 Mavericks 4 21.5 3.8 3.0 7.3
1991-92 Mavericks 31 28.5 5.2 3.5 11.2
1993-94 Mavericks 81 24.0 3.5 2.6 6.9
Career 11 Seasons 752 31.7 6.2 6.0 13.9

PG Magic Johnson
SG Reggie Miller
SF Dominique Wilkens
PF Dan Issel
C Artis Gilmore

Bench
David Thompson
Tom Chambers
Fat Lever
Glen Rice

freak6
07-17-2007, 09:54 PM
Hey, don't dog Hornacek and Laimbeer! Those are legitimate choices. Laimbeer was a good rebounder, got the break started with fast outlet passes, was very nasty and set the tone on defense, and stretched the defense because of his three point range.

And Hornacek was deadley when coming off screens. One of the best spot up shooters of his time. And believe me, when we get to dissecting these teams, no ones choices will be bullet proof.

Laimbeer got the break started with fast outlet passes!!!
LOL
My bad. To go along with his flagrant fouls, what a great player!

Don't even get me started on Hornacek!

JCMElway
07-18-2007, 12:15 AM
Well freak, we're going to have to agree to disagree here. Laimbeer was a huge contributor to the championship Piston teams. And no, he was not a superstar player, but he was a damn fine role player who allowed the Piston guards and Adrian Dantley to do all of the special things that they did. And Laimbeer did a lot of things well. He could rebound, shoot the three, played solid defense and yes, he got some assits as well.

I'm actually pretty pissed that he got drafted so early. I was looking at nabbing him in the 8th or 9th round.

azbroncfan
07-18-2007, 01:15 AM
Laimbeer got the break started with fast outlet passes!!!
LOL
My bad. To go along with his flagrant fouls, what a great player!

Don't even get me started on Hornacek!

Let's here your Hornacek breakdown.

freak6
07-18-2007, 02:13 AM
I'm actually pretty pissed that he got drafted so early. I was looking at nabbing him in the 8th or 9th round.

So Bill Laimbeer is one of the top 128 players of all time?

Ok. For a guy whose best years were behind him when he turned into a thug hockey enforcer for the Pistons.

Would the Pistons have still won those 2 championships without Bill Laimbeer? Probably. How much better did he really make them? Even in his prime, they couldn't get past the 6ers or Celtics.

As far as Hornacek, he was solid and a good shooter, but there are about 12 guards drafted after him, Kerr, and the Microwave that are better.

To each his own. This is just for fun, and if guys wanna take dudes they cheered for, so be it. :thumbs:

Personally, I'd put my bench up against most of these teams starters with confidence!