PDA

View Full Version : Registration

orangeatheist
05-15-2007, 09:17 AM
I sent a PM to Taco yesterday but haven't heard anything yet. So, I thought I'd shoot for an answer here.

What's up with registration? Have someone who wants to join the board but when they do they get an error message saying Registration has been turned off.

Anyone know what's going on?

smalltowngrll
05-15-2007, 12:33 PM
I know TJ turned off registration right before the Draft...maybe it was just never turned back on?

orangeatheist
05-15-2007, 12:50 PM
Ah...well, that's not good. He should put the welcome mat back out!

Northman
05-15-2007, 04:19 PM
Well, he did it initially so that the board didnt crash during the draft. I hope he decides to do it on gameday as well. As a longtime member it would be nice to get on this site after a ballgame.

theAPAOps5
05-15-2007, 11:24 PM
Well, he did it initially so that the board didnt crash during the draft. I hope he decides to do it on gameday as well. As a longtime member it would be nice to get on this site after a ballgame.

I thought TJ just shut down the forums to guests but that didn't restrict you from registering. From the general philosophy I can't see TJ shutting out new registrants. The only reason I can come up with is that there has been mention of a site redesign coming down so that may be the reason.

broncocalijohn
05-22-2007, 03:57 AM
I dont mind registration turn off after a game. You really want Chief fan to come over if they beat us in another December away game? If you werent here before the game, why let them do drive by smack talk after the game. I know the Chargers did it after their usual one and done playoff game.

Taco John
06-03-2007, 12:24 AM
Registration has been on for awhile. I shut it off during the draft because when I close the board, the registrations jump up immensely taking bandwith from those who are already registered.

I close registration on game days for the same reason. It's to keep things up for those who are already here...