PDA

View Full Version : Should Garcia Bronco be a Moderator?

Bronco_Beerslug
04-13-2007, 10:53 AM
Or should anyone be with as many prejudices and bias as Garcia has?
This is a private poll.

-Slap-
04-13-2007, 10:55 AM
I think he should. Loose cannons are cool.

Rock Chalk
04-13-2007, 10:56 AM
Garcia rules.

55CrushEm
04-13-2007, 10:57 AM
Yes, definitely.

BTW, we all have prejudices.

Hotrod
04-13-2007, 10:57 AM
Anyone who would throw their laptop out a window get my vote for leadership Ha!

Sluggo whats your beef here???

clarkster
04-13-2007, 10:59 AM
how many mods does this site have? can i be one?

defenseman
04-13-2007, 10:59 AM
This is a private poll.

Taco John has control of this, I am not going to tell him how to run his business. It makes no difference to me who the mods are, Tacos job to select and execute said mods.Useless poll......dman

shakenbake
04-13-2007, 11:00 AM
does he abuse his power as a mod to support his claimed "bias"?

Los Broncos
04-13-2007, 11:02 AM
I dont see any reason why not, we have all some bias, hes no different.

Bronco_Beerslug
04-13-2007, 11:03 AM
Anyone who would throw their laptop out a window get my vote for leadership Ha!

Garcia allows his personal bias to dictate his (moderation duties) depending on the poster and not the forum rules. But Taco condones it so it's not really a big deal. I was just wondering if moderation by bias is acceptable.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1549103&postcount=7

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=55208

fontaine
04-13-2007, 11:03 AM
This is a private poll.

Everyone has prejudices and is biased.

So what makes Garcia so special?

Hotrod
04-13-2007, 11:04 AM
Is this about the chicks who are having chicks thread???

watermock
04-13-2007, 11:04 AM
I also withhold comment. He has immense seniority.

shakenbake
04-13-2007, 11:07 AM
If his bias was more inline with yours would you support him ?

footstepsfrom#27
04-13-2007, 11:08 AM
I'm sure TJ knows how to choose his minnions so who cares? A moderator...sure...a judge, prosecutor, jury member?

Not hardly.

dbfan4life
04-13-2007, 11:11 AM
He should not be a mod...thread moving in unacceptable!! Where's the justice in this place? Is there justice in this world anymore? :oyvey: ???

Bronco_Beerslug
04-13-2007, 11:13 AM
If his bias was more inline with yours would you support him ?I'd support a moderator who enforces forum rules without bias, how about you?

Hey Garcia, here's the forum header so you can explain why you moved the 5 threads you did move and where and why you kept the remaining "off-topic" threads on the main board.

Orange Mane Central Discussion (95 Viewing)
This is our "Mane" attraction. The best Denver Broncos discussion on the Internet. Currently in "Off Season Mode." All discussion topics welcome.

Tredici
04-13-2007, 11:16 AM
Don't sweat it Slug.

Just remember: Pretty is as pretty does.

;)

Arkansas Bronco
04-13-2007, 11:17 AM
Yes he definatly deserves the spot this place isnt exactly easy to deal with from a mods. spot. We as a group do tend to press the limits and gripe about every thing. Just because a thread is moved doesnt deserve this kind of complaint.

Arkansas Bronco
04-13-2007, 11:24 AM
Oh no another moved thread, poll to follow.

55CrushEm
04-13-2007, 12:45 PM
If his bias was more inline with yours would you support him ?

LOL.......nice.

We know the answer to that.......a resounding YES.

55CrushEm
04-13-2007, 12:46 PM
What's this world coming to? Imus gets fires for saying "nappy", and all of a sudden, all the thin-skinned liberal pu$$ies are coming out of the woodwork.

Garcia Bronco
04-13-2007, 01:56 PM
I didn't move any thread...in fact I can't remember the last time I moved a thread. Also, since Beerslug and I disagree on a great many things...unless it was clearly over the line...it really wouldn't be proper for me to moderate anything he posts. That's why there are 5 or 6 of us. Further more...TJ is the ultimate decision maker and anything I do as a moderator would have to be justified to him. I can tell you that he has overruled me in the past, and based on that and many other things...we have a fair system in place.

Blueflame
04-13-2007, 04:20 PM
Garcia has been a moderator here from the very beginning of this board. Of course he should continue to be a mod... unless he begins to view the duty as a pain in the butt and wants to be relieved of it. :P

Northman
04-13-2007, 07:16 PM
Yes, he deserves it. I know since he is a Vatech fan he isnt perfect but the guy does a great job here. So what if he moved a thread or two, or 5 or doesnt even remember what he did. :)

smalltowngrll
04-13-2007, 08:00 PM
If this were a publicly held board and not owned by TJ, then maybe the people who come here might have a say in who can moderate it. However, since it isn't, I'd see TJ is the dictator and we can either choose to come here or not. Really, we dictate what happens here by our choosing to frequent this community.

Meck77
04-13-2007, 08:13 PM

I think the real question is what isn't his beef.Ha!

Garcia does a good job. Besides Slug do you honestly think you could be an unbiased moderator? Seriously....

Orange_Beard
04-13-2007, 08:36 PM
I seldom agree with the guy, I think he was the first guy on the OM I ever had a argument with, however I got respect for the guy, seem like a good guy to me.

Bronco_Beerslug
04-13-2007, 10:23 PM
I think the real question is what isn't his beef.Ha!

Garcia does a good job. Besides Slug do you honestly think you could be an unbiased moderator? Seriously....
5 threads were moved without explanation in a hit and run this morning while many other "off topic" threads were left on the main board. Garcia was the only "visible" mod on the board at the time and as soon as the threads were moved he was gone. So I assumed he moved them but he said it wasn't his doing so I apologized to him.

This is Taco's header...

Orange Mane Central Discussion (100 Viewing)
This is our "Mane" attraction. The best Denver Broncos discussion on the Internet. Currently in "Off Season Mode." All discussion topics welcome

So I take it another mod or Taco move these threads without explanation and let Garcia take the fall.

Pick Six
04-14-2007, 01:37 AM
Maybe the mod figured it would turn political because you started the thread?

Rascal
04-14-2007, 02:50 AM
First you shouldn't go and blame somebody for a something when you don't know for a fact, you come out looking like an ass when you are wrong.

Second, this is the continued argument of why threads are moved (see gun thread for example) and no explanation is given. Till TJ changes things up and has a feature added where the mod (unidentified so they wouldn't be attacked like this thread here) can provide a short justification, it will continue to be a hot topic. Or if the mod that did would have the courtesy to offer a short explaination that would suffice as well, but then they might get slammed for being bias when there isn't a person here who isn't.

Spider
04-14-2007, 05:02 PM
Garcia is a twit ............ But I like him ;D ..and he is a good mod but a twit , very fair , never seen him edit someones post , unless it is in jest , but he is a twit ........ did I mention he is a twit ?
Alot of boards need a mod like Garcia ..............

Spider
04-14-2007, 05:03 PM
I guess i better vote ...... I didnt see the he is a twit but a damn good mod option ........ so`I went with yes .........

Hogan11
04-25-2007, 10:02 AM
Sure, let him continue to be a mod...why not? I mean, it's not like I pay any attention to the mods around here anyways or anything...I don't have to because I know enough not to break any of the rules of a house that isn't mine. Maturity folks....mods are not needed if you have that.

alkemical
04-25-2007, 10:57 AM
Garcia allows his personal bias to dictate his (moderation duties) depending on the poster and not the forum rules. But Taco condones it so it's not really a big deal. I was just wondering if moderation by bias is acceptable.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1549103&postcount=7

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=55208

To be fair, include these:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1549382&postcount=10

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1549481&postcount=12

Barry Ramey
04-25-2007, 01:37 PM
I have no problem with Garcia or most people around here for that matter as a mod. There are a few I'm glad that aren't though, namely those that send fake addresses and challenge people to fights over the computer because they're weak in reality and those that start countless threads with the sole purpose in making personal comments about other posters because they can't back up their opinions with anything but that and feel the need to resort to such juvenile antics.

Spider
04-25-2007, 11:45 PM
I have no problem with Garcia or most people around here for that matter as a mod. There are a few I'm glad that aren't though, namely those that send fake addresses and challenge people to fights over the computer because they're weak in reality and those that start countless threads with the sole purpose in making personal comments about other posters because they can't back up their opinions with anything but that and feel the need to resort to such juvenile antics.

Ha! super bad ass hey ......... I come through Colorado alot ...... I will be your huckleberry ........

theAPAOps5
04-25-2007, 11:53 PM
Whats a Mod?

Tredici
04-26-2007, 11:26 AM

alkemical
04-26-2007, 11:37 AM
lol