PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen Grindhouse yet?

Old Dude
04-06-2007, 05:21 PM
Got rave reviews in the local paper.

Looks a little cheesey and violent to me, but then I'm a very sensitive sort.

usedupbraids
04-06-2007, 05:23 PM
that movie looks good well both of them....does it come out today?

watermock
04-06-2007, 05:26 PM
I saw a trailer and it looks like...well, a GrindHouse. Isn't that Tarantino from Kill Bill fame?

Old Dude
04-06-2007, 05:29 PM
Yeah. Tarantino directs one half and Rodriguez (Sin City) does the other half. I think Rodriguez does the zombie part and Tarantino handles the serial killer.

Old Dude
04-06-2007, 05:29 PM
that movie looks good well both of them....does it come out today?

I'm not sure. I thought it opened in a few places yesterday. But it's definitely out today.

-Slap-
04-06-2007, 05:31 PM
It just seems like they're trying a little too hard this time. I know I'll see it eventually, but I'm not in any big hurry.

RhymesayersDU
04-06-2007, 05:35 PM
I'm not particularly interested. Will rent or download.

Florida_Bronco
04-06-2007, 05:36 PM
Not something I'm interested in seeing. It justs looks stupid to me.

Inkana7
04-06-2007, 05:38 PM
HUGE Tarantino fan here. Love everything he's done. I'm not a movie goer, but I will buy it or download it.

Old Dude
04-06-2007, 05:39 PM

That's certainly what I would have thought too, but it's getting some great reviews. So I'm just wondering what's up.

Orangeflack
04-06-2007, 05:39 PM
Just got back from an early matinee with my little brother. It was a lot of fun, although I think the movie trailer they showed for "MACHETE" look cooler than either movie.

Rose McGowan was reason enough to see both movies.

The stunt (with Zoe Bell) and cars of the second, was also a blast.

Good show all the way around.

SouthStndJunkie
04-06-2007, 05:53 PM
I will see it this weekend.

Billy Clyde Puckett
04-06-2007, 05:54 PM
Did I understand correctly that it is actually two movies run in sequence?

Old Dude
04-06-2007, 05:56 PM
Did I understand correctly that it is actually two movies run in sequence?

That's the way I understand it ... with fake "prevues" in the middle. I think it runs over 3 hours.

-Slap-
04-06-2007, 05:58 PM
I didn't know there were zombies in it. That increases my interest factor by about 75%.

DBroncos4life
04-06-2007, 05:58 PM
I want to see this movie pretty bad. I also can't wait till 7-4-07 to get here!!!!!!!!

watermock
04-06-2007, 06:00 PM
There is a video store about 4 blocks away that has new releases for a dollar on tuesday. I can wait.

Most movies don't exceed my expectations.

Old Dude
04-06-2007, 06:01 PM
I didn't know there were zombies in it. That increases my interest factor by about 75%.

http://www.gearcritech.com/images/image_updates/albums/MOVIES/grindhouse/update080406_grindhouse-02.jpg

Yup, zombies all right.

usedupbraids
04-06-2007, 06:29 PM
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4973/coolop6.png

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="750"><tbody><tr><td valign="top"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="570"><tbody><tr><td align="center" valign="top" width="370">
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

Dukes
04-06-2007, 07:02 PM

My thoughts exactly

BroncoInferno
04-06-2007, 08:43 PM
One thing to keep in mind is the both Rodriguez and Tarantino are big fans of 70s exploitation film, so both of these are in the same vein. If you are not a fan of that genre, you probably won't enjoy yourself. I love it.

nooner
04-06-2007, 09:04 PM
It looks cheesy but then again that was the idea. I'll go see it in a few weeks at the Alamo Drafthouse here in Austin where you can get pizza and beer while watching the movie.
Two of the girls (Electra and Eliz Avellan) in Tarantinos part are on my former bands cd cover. They are really nice girls and smokin hot
http://www.noonerrock.com/gallery/images/101783511_272279e86c_o.jpg
http://a835.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00430/43/88/430648834_l.jpg
They play killer babysitters or something like that

Sodak
04-06-2007, 09:17 PM
I think I'll watch it after I get a lobotomy.

GoHAM
04-06-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm definitely going to see it... but I'm gonna wait until it gets to the NetFlix theater. It looks to me like a perfect 12 pack, Friday night at home type of movie. But dropping babysitter money and movie ticket/popcorn money on it? No I'll pass.

Does look cool though.

Hogan11
04-06-2007, 11:22 PM
I'm definitely a fan of both directors and do plan on seeing it sometime.....I haven't been to the movie theatre in years, so it looks like I'm waiting for the DVD.

anthonypacino
04-07-2007, 12:41 AM
Got rave reviews in the local paper.

Looks a little cheesey and violent to me, but then I'm a very sensitive sort.

I watched it today and I didn't like it, I thought it was really bad. The fake movie trailers before and in the middle of the films were funny and probably would have made better movies than either Deathproof or Planet Terror.
I know these movies were "supposed" to be tounge in cheek and basically meant to be bad just like the Grindhouse movies they were made to emulate but with both directors at the helm I was expecting more. I nearly walked out of the theatre (I have only done that three times) maybe for serious, hardcore Grindhouse genere fans they might appreciate the homage but I just wanted my $5.50 back, or a free pass to see 300 again.

Triplelefthook
04-07-2007, 04:00 AM
i thought the movies were fantastic. completely ridiculous, outrageous and hilarious. totally enjoyable. also, i think anyone who pays money to see a Tarantino film and expects anything better/different... well you have yourself to blame for that

usedupbraids
04-07-2007, 10:48 AM
I watched it today and I didn't like it, I thought it was really bad. The fake movie trailers before and in the middle of the films were funny and probably would have made better movies than either Deathproof or Planet Terror.
I know these movies were "supposed" to be tounge in cheek and basically meant to be bad just like the Grindhouse movies they were made to emulate but with both directors at the helm I was expecting more. I nearly walked out of the theatre (I have only done that three times) maybe for serious, hardcore Grindhouse genere fans they might appreciate the homage but I just wanted my $5.50 back, or a free pass to see 300 again.

Ha what a loser i saw the movie and its great!!!!!Come ON the girl had a M16 as a leg and was chopping people down now if thats wack then whats good?? :wiggle:

Wes Mantooth
04-07-2007, 10:49 AM
I saw a trailer and it looks like...well, a GrindHouse. Isn't that Tarantino from Kill Bill fame?

Kill Bill Fame? Could of swore he made his mark on some films like Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction.

Wes Mantooth
04-07-2007, 10:51 AM

I haven't seen this movie yet and I can telll you that you need to lighten up. If you know it was suppose to be this way, why did you see it?

Old Dude
04-07-2007, 12:15 PM
Grindhouse will have to wait a little while. Saw Blades of Glory instead. LMAO. I used to hate Will Farrell but he's winning me over. The sex addict scene was worth the price of admission.

Well, that and the North Korean clip, anyway.

Ratboy
04-07-2007, 12:24 PM
The movies were badass!

Planet Terror was a lot better, Death Proof was a bunch of girls chatting.

Ofcoarse anything Bruce Willis touches turns to Gold.

Ratboy
04-07-2007, 12:30 PM
Best thing about Death Proof?

http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/4024/grindhouse034fp8.jpg

Rock Chalk
04-07-2007, 12:35 PM
Zero interest.

Los Broncos
04-07-2007, 04:08 PM
I want to see this movie pretty bad. I also can't wait till 7-4-07 to get here!!!!!!!!

Transformers?

MechanicalBull
04-07-2007, 05:49 PM
It just seems like they're trying a little too hard this time. I know I'll see it eventually, but I'm not in any big hurry.

That's how I feel. I love all of Tarantino's and Rodriguez's films and I want to see this one but it does seem like they went too overboard in this one. But I'm going to hold judgement until I see it.

jossjeff
04-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Pretty much look like the worst movie ever but ya'll have fun.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-07-2007, 08:54 PM
I'm not a tarantino or rodriguez fan but was entertained by groundhouse. I liked death proof better, but Tarantino likes the sound of his own words too much. Regardless, the car chase scene was pretty bad ass. it's a unique movie going experience, but not one id really 100 percent recommend

SonOfLe-loLang
04-07-2007, 08:54 PM
whoops, grindhouse, not groundhouse:)

Atlas
04-07-2007, 09:15 PM
One thing to keep in mind is the both Rodriguez and Tarantino are big fans of 70s exploitation film, so both of these are in the same vein. If you are not a fan of that genre, you probably won't enjoy yourself. I love it.

Some people didn't even like the kill bill movies Hilarious!

Dukes
04-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Grindhouse will have to wait a little while. Saw Blades of Glory instead. LMAO. I used to hate Will Farrell but he's winning me over. The sex addict scene was worth the price of admission.

Well, that and the North Korean clip, anyway.

I especially liked the scene of Will Arnett chasing Farrell through the lobby and up the escalator with skates on. I was nearly out of my seat for that scene Hilarious!

clean
04-07-2007, 10:03 PM
Best thing about Death Proof?

Probably not the best thing in Death Proof; however, I haven't seen the movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462322/fullcredits#cast

Did you see Final Destination 3?

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/9186/maryelizabethwinsteadmamr4.th.jpg (http://img84.imageshack.us/my.php?image=maryelizabethwinsteadmamr4.jpg) http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/4568/maryelizabethwinsteadgrni6.th.jpg (http://img84.imageshack.us/my.php?image=maryelizabethwinsteadgrni6.jpg) http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/4192/maryelizabethwinsteadmedo6.th.jpg (http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=maryelizabethwinsteadmedo6.jpg)

anthonypacino
04-08-2007, 03:05 AM
I haven't seen this movie yet and I can telll you that you need to lighten up. If you know it was suppose to be this way, why did you see it?

Well frankly I have enjoyed other films that they have made. I knew the genre of those films before I watched them much like I knew what category From Dusk til Dawn, Sin City, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Kill Bill were. In those films I thought they way they made them elevated them to something besides a simple karate movie, horror or a comic book movie. In these films I know they were meant to be gory exploitation B style movies but I was hoping for what made the others more than a simple genre pieces. Of course you could see each director's "touch" on their films but I was hoping for something more.
And anyway I wasn't telling anyone not to go, I simply expressed what I got out of the movie and actually said if you are a die-hard of the Grindhouse genre that you would like the film so YOU can lighten up, just cause my opinion doesn't jive to what the favorite Fanboy directors latest offerings are don't take it personal.

BRNCOS1
04-08-2007, 10:40 AM
Went to the movies last night. [The Shooter, great film, and I read the book, Point of Impact]. Still can't understand why I have to pay $11.00 for a small popcorn and med. coke. I mean what is their cost on these items, maybe .75 for the pop, .50 for the popcorn.

Looking forward to seeing Grindhouse, didn't realize it was two films. I want to see the 300 and the Reaping too. I noticed the Reaping got bad reviews [which means its probably pretty good], anybody seen it yet?

Billy Clyde Puckett
04-08-2007, 12:27 PM
[QUOTE=BRNCOS1;1542825]Went to the movies last night. [The Shooter, great film, and I read the book, Point of Impact]. QUOTE]

I want to see that movie as I also read the book. I just recently read that Stephen Hunter, the author, is the movie critic fo the Washington Post (I think that's the right paper). I have read most of his books. " Dirty White Boys" is one of the most violent books I have ever read.

SouthStndJunkie
04-10-2007, 03:03 PM
'Grindhouse' kicked major butt.

3 hours of over the top fun and action.

Well done.

Pick Six
04-10-2007, 03:10 PM
I probably won't see another movie in the theaters until Spider-Man 3 comes out on May 4th.

bronco militia
04-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Some people didn't even like the kill bill movies Hilarious!

I like most of Qt's movies, but the Kill Bill movies put me to sleep......I can't stand Martial Art movies.

I consider it friggen pokemon for adults.

can't wait to check this one out

Beantown Bronco
04-10-2007, 03:25 PM
The last Tarantino movie I enjoyed was True Romance....for me, it's all been downhill since then.

Beantown Bronco
04-10-2007, 03:32 PM
Ofcoarse anything Bruce Willis touches turns to Gold.

If Hudson Hawk didn't take care of that theory, then I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Perfect Stranger coming out this weekend will...

yerner
04-10-2007, 04:01 PM
I thought the the zombie one was watchable. But i walked out of death proof. i was so sick of watching mindless woman chatter. seriously i couldn't take the broads talking. it was worse than water torture. i really hated the whole experience. the emporer has no clothes.

Ratboy
04-10-2007, 05:53 PM
I thought the the zombie one was watchable. But i walked out of death proof. i was so sick of watching mindless woman chatter. seriously i couldn't take the broads talking. it was worse than water torture. i really hated the whole experience. the emporer has no clothes.

:~ohyah!: That's the only reason i didn't like Death Proof.

Old Dude
04-10-2007, 06:18 PM
For whatever reason, Grindhouse bombed at the box office.

telluride
04-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Well, one reason is the length -- it's 3 hours 12 minutes. the studio is going to yank it, split it in two, and release it as two separate films without all the trailers/intermission/missing reels stuff.

Triplelefthook
04-10-2007, 07:00 PM

Totally agreed on the woman chatter

Xenos
04-11-2007, 12:02 AM
The last Tarantino movie I enjoyed was True Romance....for me, it's all been downhill since then.
WHAT! Even Jackie Brown?

Hogan11
03-10-2008, 11:52 PM
I just seen this on Starz and I loved it....surprisingly even Deathproof.

It was good to see Punky Bruiser again, even if it was for only a cameo role :)

Los Broncos
03-10-2008, 11:54 PM
I have it my queue with Netflix, it may be a while before i see it.

tsiguy96
03-11-2008, 12:38 AM
holy old bump.

Northman
03-11-2008, 12:43 AM
Planet Terror was excellent and although Deathproof started out promising it ended terribly.

Hogan11
03-11-2008, 12:47 AM
holy old bump.

I always use existing threads ;D

Atlas
03-11-2008, 08:31 AM
I have both of those movies if anyone wants them.

BMF Bronco
03-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Love them both, saw them at the theater last year and loved them.

RaiderH8r
03-11-2008, 01:13 PM
Loved Planet Terror. My wife hates that stuff but I told her it was her knitting time and that took care of that. Deathproof started out good, but like many, I became bored with the mindless chatter. Now, Zoe Bell's stunt sequence was amazing and that one scene really made me hate the chatter all the more. I have the hots for Zoe Bell.

baja
01-29-2011, 08:23 AM
Well has anyone seen Grindhouse yet?

Punisher
01-29-2011, 09:05 AM
They should of made a Grindhouse 2, Using both of the fake trailers as the next Grindhouse. Endstead of just making Machete they should of added Thanksgiving that would of been cool and ****.
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wskBIhKxLjY" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Quoydogs
01-29-2011, 10:31 AM
QT f@#@king rocks... Deathproof was really good. Planet terror was pretty good as well. I tend to like Qt a bit more then Rodriguez although both are great directors.

I still think the best combo film they ever did was 4 rooms. Qt did the last scene in that movie and it may go down as one of the greatest of all times.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BzYOrldilP4" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>:

Chris
01-29-2011, 12:06 PM
I loved Deathproof and hated the zombie one. If you love Tarantino... you'll love Deathproof. I thought the dialogue was awesome. That's what makes Tarantino Tarantino... and it's what makes the action that much more exciting. Kurt Russel was excellent.

The zombie one was exactly what you'd expect... pointless and bored the hell out of me. Almost anything zombie related is a cliche at this point (I have yet to see The Waking Dead).

jebures
01-29-2011, 12:40 PM
QT f@#@king rocks... Deathproof was really good. Planet terror was pretty good as well. I tend to like Qt a bit more then Rodriguez although both are great directors.

I still think the best combo film they ever did was 4 rooms. Qt did the last scene in that movie and it may go down as one of the greatest of all times.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BzYOrldilP4" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>:

You deserve a rep for that, Four Rooms is one of my all time favorites, funniest scene ever is when he finds the prostatute in the bed, hilarious

Quoydogs
01-29-2011, 01:30 PM
You deserve a rep for that, Four Rooms is one of my all time favorites, funniest scene ever is when he finds the prostatute in the bed, hilarious

I have that movie in my top ten all time bests. So many people have not even seen it. Quality flick, it does not matter how many time you see it either it's always good.

So many great actors in it as well Bruce Willis, Antonio Benderez QT ect...

Hogan11
01-29-2011, 02:44 PM
I loved Deathproof and hated the zombie one. If you love Tarantino... you'll love Deathproof. I thought the dialogue was awesome. That's what makes Tarantino Tarantino... and it's what makes the action that much more exciting. Kurt Russel was excellent.

The zombie one was exactly what you'd expect... pointless and bored the hell out of me. Almost anything zombie related is a cliche at this point (I have yet to see The Waking Dead).

Everytime I watch Deathproof, it gets better and better while everytime I watch Planet Terror, it seems to get worse.

I'm not saying it sucks or anything like that, Planet Terror is just not aging very well for me I guess.

Quoydogs
01-29-2011, 02:54 PM
Everytime I watch Deathproof, it gets better and better while everytime I watch Planet Terror, it seems to get worse.

I'm not saying it sucks or anything like that, Planet Terror is just not aging very well for me I guess.

The difference is Dialog.

With action movies such as planet terror, once you have seen them all the excitement is gone because you know whats coming next.

But with Dialog movies (Death Proof ) The more you watch them the more you start to understand the actors. The more you understand what someone is about and where they are coming from they become more interesting.

Just my two cents on the whole thing.

Hogan11
01-29-2011, 03:02 PM
The difference is Dialog.

With action movies such as planet terror, once you have seen them all the excitement is gone because you know whats coming next.

But with Dialog movies (Death Proof ) The more you watch them the more you start to understand the actors. The more you understand what someone is about and where they are coming from they become more interesting.

Just my two cents on the whole thing.

You're right on all of that.

My only gripe about Deathproof anymore is that Mary Elizabeth Winstead didn't get enough screen time in it :wiggle: