PDA

View Full Version : Jake Plummer appreciation thread!!

baja
03-12-2007, 10:35 AM
Jake is now a handball player and a retired NFL quarterback. He has gotten much negativity here on the Mane.

This a chance to say farewell to Jake.

I for one really appreciate what he brought to Denver. After that stiff Brian Griese, Jake was a breath of fresh air. He worked very hard both off season and during the season to be the best player he could for the Broncos. Sure he had a down year his last year but that should not discount the good things he did for the Broncos. Heck he was a 75% winner for us.

http://mas.scripps.com/DRMN/2007/03/10/434656789_o.jpg

Thanks Jake!

You walked away from 10 million dollars to follow your heart and enjoy life that takes lots of guts.

All the best to you Jake Plummer!!!!!

broncosteven
03-12-2007, 10:38 AM
Funny that he lost his Handjob tourney in the big match.

CHOKE!

I bet his Brother is looking to cut his ass.

Plummer update

Former Broncos quarterback Jake Plummer and older brother Eric advanced to the semifinals of the Colorado Open handball championships over the weekend at the Denver Athletic Club.

The Plummers were defeated in the semifinals by eventual champions Bear Meiring and Jay Sprenger. The Plummers upset the No. 2-seeded team to make it to the semifinals.

"The Plummers did great. We had them seeded in the middle and they were really strong," tournament director Stan Wolpoff said.

Plummer retired from the NFL after 10 seasons on March 2.

Popps
03-12-2007, 10:42 AM
Nice thoughts, Baja. Totally agree.

TailgateNut
03-12-2007, 10:43 AM
I hope he gets an opportunity to "flip 'em off" as he heads out the door, although I doubt he'd do that. They deserve nothing less as a "thanks" for the thanksgiving game treatment. That was classless.

Circle Orange
03-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Can his brother quarterback? I think he's bigger.

baja
03-12-2007, 10:49 AM
There are dozens of Jake bashing threads, what say we leave this one for those that appreciated Jake Plummer and what he brought to Denver.

HorseHead
03-12-2007, 10:55 AM
don't player hate on "The Snake"...I know this is hard to believe for some, but maybe he just didn't feel like playing. Though, in all honesty, for 5 million, I would be the back up for the Winnipeg Bluebombers......

55CrushEm
03-12-2007, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the left-handed pass from our own goal line.
Thanks for the crappy AFC Title game performance.
Thanks for the 4 turnovers to start off the 2006 season.
Thanks for not being able to handle the pressure of a ROOKIE behind you.
Thanks for the poor reads.
Thanks for the poor throws.
Thanks for flipping off the fans.
Thanks for play adequate enough at times to make half of this board actually believe that YOU should be given the credit for being a 40 win QB here in Denver.

(Sarcasm over)

Which leads me to my last "thank you".....to be given to the ones who REALLY deserve it........thanks to your teammates and Mike Shanahan for making you look much better than you actually were.

broncosteven
03-12-2007, 10:56 AM
I think we need a handball forum to track his new Career.

I see him winning 75% of his handballs & losing in the Tourneys to true Champs.

There are plenty of Plummer Appreciation threads in Archives also.

I find it Appro that he & his Bro were successful enough to advance in the Tourney only to lose to the real Champs.

Maybe on the 4th of July we will see him lose to that Kobiasy guy at the Hot Dog eating contest in Coney Island?

55CrushEm
03-12-2007, 10:58 AM
I find it Appro that he & his Bro were successful enough to advance in the Tourney only to lose to the real Champs.

:rofl:

Garcia Bronco
03-12-2007, 10:58 AM
**** off jake

Billy Clyde Puckett
03-12-2007, 11:02 AM
Jake - Have a great life in Idaho with Kollette and the dogs.

BreesLightning
03-12-2007, 11:10 AM
Thanks for handing us the 2004 afc west title Jake.

We couldn't have done it without you. :thumbsup:

baja
03-12-2007, 11:10 AM
I'm bored with this board - see ya! ;D

spdirty
03-12-2007, 11:12 AM
Thanks for play adequate enough at times to make half of this board actually believe that YOU should be given the credit for being a 40 win QB here in Denver.

Thanks for screwing us out of a 4th round pick

BroncoInferno
03-12-2007, 11:24 AM

(Sarcasm over)

Which leads me to my last "thank you".....to be given to the ones who REALLY deserve it........thanks to your teammates and Mike Shanahan for making you look much better than you actually were.

Anyone who doesn't think that Jake Plummer has made a major contribution to the success of this organization is nothing short of a drooling, brainless fool. Not a surprise in your case, given the inanity of most of your clueless posts.

BroncoInferno
03-12-2007, 11:27 AM
Thanks for screwing us out of a 4th round pick

Yeah, shame on you for not packing up and moving cross country and continuing to play football even though your heart isn't in it anymore so spdirty could feel good about getting a 4th that odds are will be out of the league in 3 years. What a selfish bastard Uhh

cutthemdown
03-12-2007, 11:27 AM
I'll believe hes retired when I hear he sends the papers into the leauge office!!!!!!!!!!!

ludo21
03-12-2007, 11:30 AM
Ive already said my thank you's in other threads..

read those Jake ;D

Taco John
03-12-2007, 11:33 AM
How many of these threads do we need? What was wrong with the last one?

55CrushEm
03-12-2007, 11:34 AM
Anyone who doesn't think that Jake Plummer has made a major contribution to the success of this organization is nothing short of a drooling, brainless fool. Not a surprise in your case, given the inanity of most of your clueless posts.

LOL......

You're one to talk.....notice this is probably the first and only time I've ever responded to YOURS? It's cause you're not worth a toss.

Ragging it today, I see? The post was a joke.....I guess that your the brainless fool that was too thick to even see that......get over yourself already.

BroncoInferno
03-12-2007, 11:41 AM
LOL......

You're one to talk.....notice this is probably the first and only time I've ever responded to YOURS? It's cause you're not worth a toss.

No, it's because anything more challenging than a fart joke is over your head.

BroncoInferno
03-12-2007, 11:44 AM

How many Jake bashing threads do we need? You don't seem to have a problem with those countless screeds.

55CrushEm
03-12-2007, 11:46 AM
No, it's because anything more challenging than a fart joke is over your head.

You must have me confused with someone else.....I'm quite certain I could run circles around you intellectually.

Just an aside note......you must be a liberal, right? Typical (and predictable) move for you to resort to hostility and name-calling when someone doesn't agree with your viewpoint.....in this case, with regards to Jake.

Good day to you.

Meck77
03-12-2007, 11:46 AM
I've been a Plummer supporter but I think we've had a dozen or so of these threads.

BroncoInferno
03-12-2007, 11:52 AM
You must have me confused with someone else.....I'm quite certain I could run circles around you intellectually.

Uh huh.

Just an aside note......you must be a liberal, right? Typical (and predictable) move for you to resort to hostility and name-calling when someone doesn't agree with your viewpoint.....in this case, with regards to Jake.

You must be a Republican, right? You are stupid, after all.

Good day to you.

Same to you :thanku:

smalltowngrll
03-12-2007, 11:57 AM
I don't have a problem saying it again...

Thanks, Jake for your contribution to our Broncos! You gave your heart to this team. You weren't perfect, but, then again....who is!? Too bad the fans always expect perfection. You came in and were expected to fill some mighty sizeable shoes! Good luck in whatever path you choose! ^5

broncosteven
03-12-2007, 11:58 AM

One for every INT (or TD if you think Jake is a real QB) he threw in his Career.

BTW both totals are equal so your Jake glass is either 1/2 empty or 1/2 full.

My Jake glass was emptied during 49er game.

Taco John
03-12-2007, 12:07 PM
How many Jake bashing threads do we need? You don't seem to have a problem with those countless screeds.

Fine, whatever. Apparently you guys still want to argue about Jake, so have at it. It doesn't matter to me.

Hogan11
03-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Thanks Jake...now here's your hat and there's the door.

BTW, Your Preston Parsons jersey is in the mail.

55CrushEm
03-12-2007, 12:18 PM

Nope....I'm a conservative....

And thanks for proving my point......:thumbs:

maven
03-12-2007, 12:39 PM
Thanks Jake for tanking in the AFC Title game. Thus, the Broncos draft Jay Cutler in the 1st round.

OBF1
03-12-2007, 12:44 PM
1 last time... Go F yourself Jake.

Triplelefthook
03-12-2007, 12:49 PM
I appreciated Jake Plummer and had his back all the way until he flipped off the fans. Clearly he was a great teammate and the players loved him but he didnt give a rat's ass about the fans, and when that became clear i stopped giving a rat's ass about him

Steve Sewell
03-12-2007, 12:54 PM

Totally agree with this statement...

maven
03-12-2007, 12:56 PM
http://www.jakethemistake.com/images/plummer.jpg

BroncoInferno
03-12-2007, 12:58 PM
Jake did not flip off "the fans". He flipped off an individual who said something extremely vile to him. Rod Smith later commented that he heard what was said, and had it been him would have done a lot more than flip the guy off.

-Slap-
03-12-2007, 01:03 PM

Garcia Bronco
03-12-2007, 01:08 PM
yeah...I doubt he gave someone the bird for no reason. I don't have a problem with that. The camera didn't even catch it while it was happening...those bastards went back to it.

bloodsunday
03-12-2007, 01:28 PM
I think Jake deserves some credit.

1) He took a pretty thankless job trying to satisfy Denver fans.

2) He gave a 100%. I will never doubt how bad he wanted to win, although he maybe didn't eat and sleep football, which is horrible to some.

3) He won a division and a playoff game.

4) We won WAY MORE games than we lost with him at the helm.

5) He clearly had the respect of his teammates, which say a lot about the guy if you ask me.

Good luck in your future endeavors Jake.

Billy Clyde Puckett
03-12-2007, 01:32 PM

2) He gave a 100%. I will never doubt how bad he wanted to win, although he maybe didn't eat and sleep football, which is horrible to some.

5) He clearly had the respect of his teammates, which say a lot about the guy if you ask me.

He also raised a ton of money for charities in this town. It will be years before Cutler or anyone else can develop the contacts and repore with the business community to replace that.

Crushaholic
03-12-2007, 01:41 PM
Thank you, Jake. Enjoy your retirement. Fortunately, it looks like Cutler might work out and will build on the winning tradition you brought back to Denver.

-Slap-
03-12-2007, 01:41 PM
Jake did not flip off "the fans". He flipped off an individual who said something extremely vile to him. Rod Smith later commented that he heard what was said, and had it been him would have done a lot more than flip the guy off.

Would you people grow up already? Anyone excusing that behavior is an idiot on several levels.

Jake's rabbit ears are one of the biggest reasons he never became a good quarterback.

So, what was badass Rod Smith going to do anyway? Charge the stands like Ron Artest?

Give me a ****ing break.

55CrushEm
03-12-2007, 01:42 PM

For all the criticizing I do of Jake.....I agree with you on #1, and yes #4 is obvious, too.

However, many (including myself) have always argued that we were winning DESPITE of Jake, not because of him.

I totally disagree with #2 above....he did NOT give 100%......in interviews, on many occasions, you would hear from Jake, "Can't wait for my 3 days off."

In comparison, Manning is the best QB in the league because he is a constant worker/perfectionist. Jake, quite frankly, didn't seem to care......ah, life is life, and I'm just havin' fun type of attitude. Now, that's fine for life OUTSIDE of football.....but yeah, I'm one that expects more from our $40M QB.....right, wrong, or indifferent.

Rigs11
03-12-2007, 01:45 PM
Thanks Jake. Don't listen to all the spoiled whinning fans around here. You did great for us.Have fun being a mountain man.:)

http://footballbettingtips.files.wordpress.com/2006/08/plummerjake.jpg

BroncoInferno
03-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Would you people grow up already? Anyone excusing that behavior is an idiot on several levels.

Jake's rabbit ears are one of the biggest reasons he never became a good quarterback.

So, what was badass Rod Smith going to do anyway? Charge the stands like Ron Artest?

Give me a ****ing break.

I'm not contesting that Jake handled the situation poorly, I'm just saying that the "bird" was not intended for every single fan in the Bronco Nation as some folks seem to believe.

Dagmar
03-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Thanks Jake. Don't listen to all the spoiled whinning fans around here. You did great for us.Have fun being a mountain man.:)

http://footballbettingtips.files.wordpress.com/2006/08/plummerjake.jpg

Nail. Head. Issue. Over.

cutthemdown
03-12-2007, 02:56 PM
I do keep thinking that is was very easy for him to give up football. I think that is one of the reasons maybe he never realized his full potential. He just didn't have that you will have to drag me off the field mentality that the great ones have. I do appreciate that he played well at some points for the Broncos though.

smalltowngrll
03-12-2007, 03:07 PM
Dang, we sure do have an awful lot of perfect people on this board! You'd think they never made ANY mistakes. I don't suppose anyone here has ever done anything they wish they could take back? I know I have...

cutthemdown
03-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Dang, we sure do have an awful lot of perfect people on this board! You'd think they never made ANY mistakes. I don't suppose anyone here has ever done anything they wish they could take back? I know I have...

In sports you really don't get forgiven for mistakes unless you end up winning or making up for them somehow. It's not like life where you say he's a good guy etc etc. Sports are about competing and saying I'm better then you, or we are better then you depending on if its a team sport etc. Plummer just gave up and you don't ever get praised for that unless you are going out on top or at the end of a struggle where everyone see's you had nothing left. Plummer and his ride off healthy I don't need football just shows he didn't have the heart of a lion when it came to wanting to win the Superbowl. If that was something he really, really wanted no way he could just step away. He would go to Tampa and try to beat out Garcia and Simms, or try to get to Housten from Tampa Bay. But instead he's showing that football was never his life and he is going to go be a mountain man. That's great but you don't get props for it from hardcore football fans who think winning it all is all that matters.

ICON
03-12-2007, 03:31 PM
Hilarious! Thanks Jake !

fontaine
03-12-2007, 04:21 PM
So just a quick question.

Where were you Jake defenders when he was stinkin' it up in Arizona and was a joke in the NFL?

broncosteven
03-12-2007, 04:33 PM

I made m 3 year old cry yesterday, we had a great day. I took her with me to work to check DST patches & showed her the server room, twice. She thought it was so awesome that she wanted to see it again before we left.

Anyway in evening my wife had to go in to her work for their DST issues, Abby was jumping on the office chairs, nearly spun her self off the edge & almost cracked her head on the desk.

I went on explaining all the reasons not to jump on the chairs, what could happen, not quite yelling but I was talking louder than normal so I knew she would understand.

Anyway I went on so long she was slumped over really crying like it registered for the 1st time that I was mad at her.

That really hurt because I knew I hurt her feelings.

Instead of running away & getting drunk or flipping off people I went to her & let her talk about why she was crying & we had a nice talk in calm setting. We had a great bath time & bed time, she listened the rest of the night.

She understood me & why I was upset & I learned that I took the commentary too far.

I didn't walk away from the issue or quit. I worked it out & made peace with her & learned something from the incident. I still wish I didn't make her cry like that though.

We all make mistakes, the idiots are the ones that repeat them over & over.

wolf754life
03-12-2007, 04:36 PM
baja and bronco inferno can't let go of their hillbilly lover jakey boy! shut up already, we get that you guys want to suck him off! Go find him and think of all the things you can do together in the back of his element with his elements!

Meck77
03-12-2007, 04:40 PM

Where were you Jake defenders when he was stinkin' it up in Arizona and was a joke in the NFL?

Where were you? I was living in Arizona watching him play ball as the Bidwells "stunk" everything up around him as they continue to do so today.

What does his career in AZ have anything to do with his winning record in Denver anyway?

Are you going to define Edgerin's career with his losing season in AZ now?

Crushaholic
03-12-2007, 05:06 PM

How do you figure he was a "joke in the NFL"? He led Arizona to a rare playoff game.

fontaine
03-12-2007, 05:10 PM
Where were you? I was living in Arizona watching him play ball as the Bidwells "stunk" everything up around him as they continue to do so today.

What does his career in AZ have anything to do with his winning record in Denver anyway?

Are you going to define Edgerin's career with his losing season in AZ now?

No, it just illustrates a point that it just comes down to personal preference. Most of us couldn't care less about Plummer until he became a Bronco.

The support for Plummer here is just because a few like the guy. Nothing wrong with that but it sure had nothing to do with what he did on the football field because we didn't see any Jake appreciation threads when he was a cardinal.

fontaine
03-12-2007, 05:17 PM
How do you figure he was a "joke in the NFL"? He led Arizona to a rare playoff game.

At almost 40 years old and a journeyman career behind him, Jeff Garcia generated more interest than Jake did when he was in the prime of his career and a FA a few years ago.

Jake's a good guy, no doubt about it, but he was the butt of jokes when he would do something stupid like that left handed pass.

maven
03-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Since Jake Plummer is retired, will he be inducted into the Broncos Ring of Fame? Or maybe during halftime this upcoming season the fans can celebrate and say thanks to Jake Plummer? A Jake Plummer appreciation day?

Crushaholic
03-12-2007, 05:30 PM
No, it just illustrates a point that it just comes down to personal preference. Most of us couldn't care less about Plummer until he became a Bronco.

The support for Plummer here is just because a few like the guy. Nothing wrong with that but it sure had nothing to do with what he did on the football field because we didn't see any Jake appreciation threads when he was a cardinal.

That's no different from any other quarterback. I respect what Trent Green has done for the Chiefs, but I'm not about to start any "Trent Green appreciation" threads because he's not a Bronco. Therefore, I don't "appreciate" him. The only time I've ever seen someone start an "appreciation" thread for a rival team quarterback was Peyton Manning. He doesn't count because Manning is a Hall of Fame shoo-in. Nobody on this board are even CLOSE to putting Plummer in the Hall of Fame...

fontaine
03-12-2007, 05:35 PM
Since Jake Plummer is retired, will he be inducted into the Broncos Ring of Fame? Or maybe during halftime this upcoming season the fans can celebrate and say thanks to Jake Plummer? A Jake Plummer appreciation day?

Jake doesn't belong in the ring of fame.

Guys like Sharpe/Nalen/Rod takes less money to finish out their careers here while Jake demanded to be out of Denver to start somewhere else.

Remember the Shanahan said he wanted to have Jake as a backup but Plummer was the one who didn't WANT to be in Denver.

I'm thankful allright. I'm thankful this guy won't plague us any more with his lack of football knowledge, his inability to read the whole field and his penchant of committing turnovers in playoff games.

Bronco_Beerslug
03-12-2007, 05:35 PM
Nope....I'm a conservative....
And thanks for proving my point

fontaine
03-12-2007, 05:47 PM
That's no different from any other quarterback. I respect what Trent Green has done for the Chiefs, but I'm not about to start any "Trent Green appreciation" threads because he's not a Bronco. Therefore, I don't "appreciate" him. The only time I've ever seen someone start an "appreciation" thread for a rival team quarterback was Peyton Manning. He doesn't count because Manning is a Hall of Fame shoo-in. Nobody on this board are even CLOSE to putting Plummer in the Hall of Fame...

Come on Crush! Drew Brees, Brady, Rivers, Garrard, McNair, Vince Young? And that's just in the AFC this season gone (well Brees was a charger)!

People were giving Roeth major props for playing a great AFC Championship game. People here have no problems giving props to good QBs. All of us wanted to give Jake major kudos. We just needed Jake to show us, but the best we got from him was two or three average games sandwiched by QBing blunders.

When Shanahan lost faith in Jake and decided to move then, well, can you blame us?

Rigs11
03-12-2007, 05:56 PM

ummm..gasp...we were cheering for the broncos.:welcome:

baja
03-12-2007, 06:00 PM
baja and bronco inferno can't let go of their hillbilly lover jakey boy! shut up already, we get that you guys want to suck him off! Go find him and think of all the things you can do together in the back of his element with his elements!

No, it is more a case of common courteously in wishing someone that gave all he had to give to the Bronco's organization a fond farewell and good luck in future endeavors, something that seems to escape you heartless and entitled fans.

baja
03-12-2007, 06:03 PM

Dumb ass post and far beneath you usual efforts.

Northman
03-12-2007, 06:06 PM
No, it is more a case of common courteously in wishing someone that gave all he had to give to the Bronco's organization a fond farewell and good luck in future endeavors, something that seems to escape you heartless and entitled fans.

Yet, how ironic you slam Brian earlier in this thread even though he gave everything he had. Although it was very little he still tried regardless. Maybe you should practice what you preach my friend.

baja
03-12-2007, 06:08 PM
If you guys do not have enough the insight to see that, good or not, Jake Plummer gave all he had to give to the Broncos and to realize this thread is a farewell and well wishing thread to the retiring Plummer than you should have the common decency not to post anything here. Why not revive one of the 10,000 bash jake threads and repeat your whining there.

Northman
03-12-2007, 06:11 PM
If you guys do not have enough the insight to see that, good or not, Jake Plummer gave all he had to give to the Broncos and to realize this thread is a farewell and well wishing thread to the retiring Plummer than you should have the common decency not to post anything here. Why not revive one of the 10,000 bash jake threads and repeat your whining there.

Actually, i agree with you but i didnt come here to bash Jake. I just came to point out your contradiction. But ill leave you with your farewell thread. :sunshine:

baja
03-12-2007, 06:12 PM
Yet, how ironic you slam Brian earlier in this thread even though he gave everything he had. Although it was very little he still tried regardless. Maybe you should practice what you preach my friend.

I do not think Griese gave everything he had. Far from it, he lost his will and heart after the oakland game when he got his shoulder busted up.

If you don't see the difference between Jake Plummer and Brian Griese than you must be about as observant as a cantaloupe.

wolf754life
03-12-2007, 06:17 PM
baja i really don't like you very much at all, you defend plummer, but not greise? wtf is wrong with your bitch ass?

BroncoInferno
03-12-2007, 06:20 PM

Why would we go out of our to defend a player not on the Broncos or a prospective Bronco? I do recall that when Plummer was about to be come a free agent prior to the 2003 free agency period, several us felt he would be a good pickup and could play winning ball with a better supporting cast and better coaching. And guess what, we were right. I'll be the first to admit he stunk in 2006, but his prior 3 seasons were very solid overall (60 TDs 34 INTs contributing to a 32-11 record and an AFC Championship Game appearance). Well, very solid by any reasonable standard, at least.

Taco John
03-12-2007, 06:22 PM

Come on Baja... You started this thread to generate controversey. You even posted on the last "Jake Plummer Appreciation Thread." (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=49714) I think you just wanted to get a rise out of people and milk the Plummer situation a little bit more...

broncosteven
03-12-2007, 06:27 PM
I do not think Griese gave everything he had. Far from it, he lost his will and heart after the oakland game when he got his shoulder busted up.

If you don't see the difference between Jake Plummer and Brian Griese than you must be about as observant as a cantaloupe.

This is where you prove my point.

I believe that Plummer lost his will and heart after Cutler was drafted in April. To me there is no difference between either guy. That is what you Plummer lovers don't understand.

"It's all Shanny's fault for drafting Cutler" or "Jake was under too much pressure to perform"

Well I want my QB to show some stones & win the job based on merit, not by longevity. If it was such a bad move then PROVE IT ON THE FIELD.

He prefers to walk away, too bad for all his foundations.

BTW lots of successful pro athletes spend $ on setting up & running Charities. I am sure Cutler will once he hits his payday.

I want a leader of men at QB. Someone that leads by example.

baja
03-12-2007, 06:29 PM
Come on Baja... You started this thread to generate controversey. You even posted on the last "Jake Plummer Appreciation Thread." (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=49714) I think you just wanted to get a rise out of people and milk the Plummer situation a little bit more...

That's not true TJ, frankly I was very surprised at all the negativity. Maybe it because I was raised in rural Maine and was taught if someone does their best and is moving on to other things that they should at least get a thank you and be wished well. I figure if someone doesn't have it in him to say something good in an appreciation tribute than they should say nothing at all.

fontaine
03-12-2007, 06:31 PM
Dumb ass post and far beneath you usual efforts.

Baja, I'm trying to understand your thread. I REALLY am. But let me put it this way. I have NO appreciation for any player that chooses and wants to be out of Denver.

Nobody pushed Plummer out the door. He made it public knowledge to his team mates that the niners game would be his last as a Bronco and said that he didn't want to be a backup here.

Did I appreciate his spirit and heart while he was here? Sure I did and have said as much just like a lot of people here. At this stage you can only get so much blood out of that stone. But now? Hell no because he chose to get the hell out of Denver.

Meck77
03-12-2007, 06:33 PM

That's fine and dandy but I seem to recall you being one of the leaders of the jake bashing throughout the season now you are kissing his ass. Something doesn't jive. Really it doesn't matter to me but just wanted to point that out.

baja
03-12-2007, 06:34 PM
This is where you prove my point.

I believe that Plummer lost his will and heart after Cutler was drafted in April. To me there is no difference between either guy. That is what you Plummer lovers don't understand.

"It's all Shanny's fault for drafting Cutler" or "Jake was under too much pressure to perform"

Well I want my QB to show some stones & win the job based on merit, not by longevity. If it was such a bad move then PROVE IT ON THE FIELD.

He prefers to walk away, too bad for all his foundations.

BTW lots of successful pro athletes spend $ on setting up & running Charities. I am sure Cutler will once he hits his payday.

I want a leader of men at QB. Someone that leads by example.

Well I would say we have a simple difference of opinion as to the reasons that Plummer had a bad outing in 06.

BTW even thought I despised Greise's play here I did and do wish him well with his future endeavors.

wolf754life
03-12-2007, 06:37 PM
lock this thread mods, this guy is a tool

baja
03-12-2007, 06:42 PM
That's fine and dandy but I seem to recall you being one of the leaders of the jake bashing throughout the season now you are kissing his ass. Something doesn't jive. Really it doesn't matter to me but just wanted to point that out.

Just because I thought Cutler was a better option to QB the Broncos does not mean I did not appreciate Jake's effort. I am thrilled Jay replaced Jake but that does not mean I need to be mean spirited toward Jake just because he did not want to be a back up or go to TB. That is is right to decide and I respect that. Frankly I fail to understand all the jake hate. He's gone folks..... I chose to wish him well.

baja
03-12-2007, 06:45 PM
lock this thread mods, this guy is a tool

Shouldn't you be working on your http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=3389&dateline=1156466304 Adolph?

baja
03-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Frankly I'd like to see this thread deleted

-Slap-
03-12-2007, 06:50 PM

Oh, that's rich.

Brian Griese has fought back from injury and the disappointment of losing his starter's job, but you don't see him giving up. He's overcome all kinds of hardships to get where he is today. He lost his mother at the age of 12, but rather than dwelling on the pain, he established Judi's House in Denver, to help other young people deal with their grief.

Maybe Brian Griese was a bit of a cold fish, but he wasn't a goddamn phony like Plummer. Griese took a quadraplegic girl to his junior prom at Michigan and showed her the greatest evening of her life. Jake leaves his would-be bride at the altar, just like the selfish, scatter-brained knucklehead he's always been.

You know, I never heard anything about Jake and Pat Tillman being such good pals until Tillman was killed. Everything I ever heard about Tillman in AZ was that he was a loner. I wonder what he would have said about Jake's fight with the NFL to wear Tillman's number on his helmet. He probably would have laughed and shook his head.

-Slap-
03-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Frankly I'd like to see this thread deleted

Just delete all your stupid posts. That would be a good start.

baja
03-12-2007, 06:54 PM
That's quite impressive that you know what dead men think.

-Slap-
03-12-2007, 06:58 PM
That's quite impressive that you know what dead men think.

A dead man would know you got exactly the thread you wanted.

fontaine
03-12-2007, 06:58 PM
I am thrilled Jay replaced Jake but that does not mean I need to be mean spirited toward Jake just because he did not want to be a back up or go to TB. That is is right to decide and I respect that. Frankly I fail to understand all the jake hate. He's gone folks..... I chose to wish him well.

So when a player actively wants out of Denver and rejects Shanahan who salvaged his career from the dumpster, it's all good and we should appreciate him?

C'mon get real. This guy wanted out of Denver and when the trade didn't suit him he showed the same loyalty to his new coach and team in Tampa Bay that he showed his old team, Denver.

The NFL is a business so that's his choice. But to question why we all don't get on our knees and smooch his ass while he ditches the Broncos?

Hell no.

baja
03-12-2007, 07:04 PM
A dead man would know you got exactly the thread you wanted.

You are wrong but I know there is not convincing you of that.

baja
03-12-2007, 07:08 PM
So when a player actively wants out of Denver and rejects Shanahan who salvaged his career from the dumpster, it's all good and we should appreciate him?

C'mon get real. This guy wanted out of Denver and when the trade didn't suit him he showed the same loyalty to his new coach and team in Tampa Bay that he showed his old team, Denver.

The NFL is a business so that's his choice. But to question why we all don't get on our knees and smooch his ass while he ditches the Broncos?

Hell no.

It's not that Plummer wanted out of denver he just did not want to be a backup.

Retiring from something that you have done from age eight is a complex process. I believe Plummer reached this decision over time and after carefully weighing the facts. I do not believe he did anything to spite Denver.

fontaine
03-12-2007, 07:16 PM
It's not that Plummer wanted out of denver he just did not want to be a backup.

Retiring from something that you have done from age eight is a complex process. I believe Plummer reached this decision over time and after carefully weighing the facts. I do not believe he did anything to spite Denver.

Didn't want to be a backup?

Baja why don't you quit playing games? Do you think backups like Sam Brandon, Mike Anderson, Rod Smith (now) etc spent all their athletic lives being backups and are loving that they are backups in Denver?

So why the exception for Plummer? Is he some kind of golden child that's too good to be a backup here and Rod isn't?

I'm not questioning why/how/when Plummer retired. That's not the point. The main point is that he chose to get the hell out of Denver via trade first. That's all I need to know about him.

BroncoInferno
03-12-2007, 07:20 PM
Didn't want to be a backup?

Baja why don't you quit playing games? Do you think backups like Sam Brandon, Mike Anderson, Rod Smith (now) etc spent all their athletic lives being backups and are loving that they are backups in Denver?

So why the exception for Plummer? Is he some kind of golden child that's too good to be a backup here and Rod isn't?

I'm not questioning why/how/when Plummer retired. That's not the point. The main point is that he chose to get the hell out of Denver via trade first. That's all I need to know about him.

The big difference is that backup safeties and WRs like Brandon and Smith still get plenty of playing time, whereas a backup QB won't get on the field unless the starter is injured. I'd be willing to bet that Rod or Brandon might have a problem with staying in Denver if they were told they could stay as backups but would never play except in the case of injury.

fontaine
03-12-2007, 07:30 PM
The big difference is that backup safeties and WRs like Brandon and Smith still get plenty of playing time, whereas a backup QB won't get on the field unless the starter is injured. I'd be willing to bet that Rod or Brandon might have a problem with staying in Denver if they were told they could stay as backups but would never play except in the case of injury.

Man, the excuses never stop. QBs get injured all the time. Jake had an opportunity to shine against the 49ers but we all know what we got instead.

Honestly, I know you are way too smart to really believe that Shanahan would ever tell any of his players that they are only backups!

Is it any coincidence that when he didn't get guarantees from Gruden about being starter he chose to retire than compete? Plummer and Lelie have more in common than I thought.
:spit:

Dagmar
03-12-2007, 07:30 PM
God I hope this is the last Jake thread on the Mane...

BroncoInferno
03-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Man, the excuses never stop. QBs get injured all the time. Jake had an opportunity to shine against the 49ers but we all know what we got instead.

Honestly, I know you are way too smart to really believe that Shanahan would ever tell any of his players that they are only backups!

Is it any coincidence that when he didn't get guarantees from Gruden about being starter he chose to retire than compete? Plummer and Lelie have more in common than I thought.

Shanny said flat out that Cutler was the starter now and going forward. He said that Plummer could stay as a backup if he wanted. Why would any competitive person want to accept a spot where he MAY get to play if something unfortunate happens to the guy ahead of him when he has opportunities to be the starter outright elsewhere? That is a silly standard, I'm sorry. And if you don't think Rod would ask for his release or retire if he were buried at 5th on the depth chart with little chance to play, you're kidding yourself.

Northman
03-12-2007, 07:38 PM

Actually, i think Brian lost it after Eddy Mac got hurt. He took that pretty hard and never recovered. But, just as Brian lost his will and heart to play so did Jake. But Jake lost it because of the fear of competition, not because a player got hurt catching one of his passes. Brian was also in his third year as a pro Qb while Jake was in his 10th which i find more inexcusable. Did Jake perform overall better than Brian? Definitely. But you comdemn those who take issue with Jake Plummer on certain aspects of his behavior or game but yet you feel its ok to bash a young Qb trying to play immediately under Elway's legacy.

watermock
03-12-2007, 07:39 PM
I don't think there was alot of Jake bashing personally at all. He didn't play well at all except for just a few games. I could tell he was going to get yanked after the KC game. Just instinct...I think people are a little dissapointed that he did a Brett Favre impression regarding his future.

Guess what...now that we sold his rights to a conditional 7th rounder, guess who if left holding the bag for the rest of his bonus? I saw the thread that he had a news conference but I'm still not aware of his filing papers. Maybe he has. It's been a distraction IMO. Fortunately we got a backup that wants to play, even if it's carrying a clipboard. QB's get injured. Denver did a good job putting the Plummer fiasco on the back burner. PFT says the actual SB number is 3 million but who knows.

I think some bitterness revolves around how poorly Jake played in the last game...could of been the hero but laid a turd.

We need to just let go for Christ sake.

baja
03-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Actually, i think Brian lost it after Eddy Mac got hurt. He took that pretty hard and never recovered. But, just as Brian lost his will and heart to play so did Jake. But Jake lost it because of the fear of competition, not because a player got hurt catching one of his passes. Brian was also in his third year as a pro Qb while Jake was in his 10th which i find more inexcusable. Did Jake perform overall better than Brian? Definitely. But you condemn those who take issue with Jake Plummer on certain aspects of his behavior or game but yet you feel its ok to bash a young Qb trying to play immediately under Elway's legacy.

All I ever wanted to do with this thread was to provide a place for those that wished to say thanks to Jake for his time in Denver and wish him well in retirement. It has turned into a slug feast toward the guy I wanted to wish well and to me.

The thread's intent has failed miserably and I will move on to post another day.

fontaine
03-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Shanny said flat out that Cutler was the starter now and going forward. He said that Plummer could stay as a backup if he wanted. Why would any competitive person want to accept a spot where he MAY get to play if something unfortunate happens to the guy ahead of him when he has opportunities to be the starter outright elsewhere? That is a silly standard, I'm sorry. And if you don't think Rod would ask for his release or retire if he were buried at 5th on the depth chart with little chance to play, you're kidding yourself.

How many more times do I have to say that there is nothing with Plummer wanting to start elsewhere. Once again I have no problem with that.

He wanted out of Denver, good, I'm glad. The loyalty he showed to this team/fans is the same kind of loyalty he's getting back.

baja
03-12-2007, 07:50 PM
<b>Actually, i think Brian lost it after Eddy Mac got hurt.</b> He took that pretty hard and never recovered. But, just as Brian lost his will and heart to play so did Jake. But Jake lost it because of the fear of competition, not because a player got hurt catching one of his passes. Brian was also in his third year as a pro Qb while Jake was in his 10th which i find more inexcusable. Did Jake perform overall better than Brian? Definitely. But you comdemn those who take issue with Jake Plummer on certain aspects of his behavior or game but yet you feel its ok to bash a young Qb trying to play immediately under Elway's legacy.

I never really thought about that but that makes a lot of sense.

Sgt Sauce
03-12-2007, 08:07 PM
All I ever wanted to do with this thread was to provide a place for those that wished to say thanks to Jake for his time in Denver and wish him well in retirement. It has turned into a slug feast toward the guy I wanted to wish well and to me.

The thread's intent has failed miserably and I will move on to post another day.

Jake is a breath of fresh air in a league that is largely made up of egocentric jack offs who feel they can do whatever they want! Hopefully one day I will be as perfect as BroncoSteven and some of the other internet superstars who do no wrong. We can all dream, right?

RhymesayersDU
03-12-2007, 08:08 PM

I'm not getting into this argument, but on this issue, how about Jerry Rice? Shanny flat out told him he'd never play, so that he could retire with dignity.

cutthemdown
03-12-2007, 08:26 PM

GIVE ME A BREAK RING OF FAME IS FOR THE BEST OF THE BEST BRONCOS!!!!!

Tombstone RJ
03-12-2007, 08:38 PM
I appreciate Jake's contribution to the Broncos. He's been classy 99% of the time (for example, when the Broncos drafted Cutler, he was total class).

I wish it could have ended better for Jake and his time with the Broncos, but I'm not gonna piss all over him because the Broncos didn't get 4th round pick from Tampa. Jake went out on his own terms. Fair enough.

I wish nothing but the best for Jake Plummer.

Odysseus
03-12-2007, 10:08 PM
All the best Jake.

What amazes me is how fans want players to have class when they themselves have none.

Meck77
03-12-2007, 10:31 PM
All the best Jake.

What amazes me is how fans want players to have class when they themselves have none.

Easily the best post of the year thus far.....

-Slap-
03-12-2007, 10:34 PM
I just want Jake to come back and play for somebody in the next 13 months. An extra 4th rounder in 2008 will be just fine. Maybe another Brandon Marshall or Elvis Dumervil.

I'll even try not to laugh when Burger Bill writes the article about how Jake woke up one day and "rediscovered his passion for the game".

baja
03-12-2007, 10:37 PM
IMO this is one of those threads that separates the chaff from the wheat.

I would love to hang out with Jake Plummer which is more than I can say for some of these bespatters.

-Slap-
03-12-2007, 10:51 PM
IMO this is one of those threads that separates the chaff from the wheat.

I would love to hang out with Jake Plummer which is more than I can say for some of these bespatters.

If you do get a chance to pal around with Jake, I would resist the urge to use words like "bespatters".

You'll see the same befuddled expression from him we were so accustomed to seeing on third and long.

baja
03-12-2007, 11:24 PM
If you do get a chance to pal around with Jake, I would resist the urge to use words like "bespatters".

You'll see the same befuddled expression from him we were so accustomed to seeing on third and long.

L O L Doesn't make him a bad guy though.

RhymesayersDU
03-12-2007, 11:27 PM
What the hell is a "bespatter"?

baja
03-12-2007, 11:30 PM
A person that derogates another usually without just cause.

BTW happy belated birthday! ;D

RhymesayersDU
03-12-2007, 11:33 PM
A person that derogates another usually without just cause.

BTW happy belated birthday! ;D

Oh. I gotta use that word at some point.

And thanks!

wolf754life
03-12-2007, 11:35 PM
just cause ? jake didn't give you enough cause this season, jake made enough plays for you? jake didn't throw the franchise under the bus by quitting on us after he was benched? shannahan is privately hurt by the way jake did the organization, he can't believe plummer went south on us the way he did, and you sit there and say we don't have just cause? your sick man, just sick, and jake is too, he NEVER loved the game, his true colors have shown themselves once and for all! 20 years from now fans will look back on this and laugh at the mention of Jake the FAKE!

Tredici
03-12-2007, 11:45 PM
Okay. Here's some appreciation for Jake Plummer.

I appreciate Jake sees no sense in continuing to get a paycheck from the NFL.

I appreciate Jake sees no security or extra pension in carrying a clipboard.

I appreciate Jake for taking his toys and going home when he didn't get the situation he wanted with Kubiak.

I appreciate Jake continuing being Jake which is why I never appreciated him much in the first place.

baja
03-12-2007, 11:55 PM
He's rich and has his health T. That gives him options few of us have.

Sorry he didn't do what you wanted him to do.

baja
03-13-2007, 12:00 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=3389&dateline=1156466304 = Global lock down on personal freedom.

In case you thought is was just a neat sounding phrase.

Tredici
03-13-2007, 12:02 AM
He's rich and has his health T. That gives him options few of us have.

Sorry he didn't do what you wanted him to do.

Me too. What I wanted him to do was play well last year. I can't cover a tenured, professional NFL QB with the kind of horse**** excuses people are making for him.

He had the job. No one lost it for him, but him. If anything I appreciate his realization of that and his decision to walk away.

baja
03-13-2007, 12:15 AM
The mental part of pro football has sunk many a gifted player (see Watts) You never know what it will be that erodes a player's confidence. In Plummer's case he could not play his game with the stud in the rear view mirror, it happens. Not a good enough reason to shiit all over him the way people have on this thread. Some what similar thing happened to that center for Oakland in the super bowl. People were unmerciful in their criticism of him. Dude has a mental problem. Plummer had a confidence problem but he kept playing hard as he could. Unfortunately it was not good enough so Shanahan did the right thing he replaced him late in the season because Jay gave us the best chance to win. I seem to remember half of the team was solidly behind Jake at the time. Plummer had a bad year sure but he did nothing to deserve the beating he is getting here on a thread that was meant to let some of us say good bye and thanks for the good memories. That is what i don't get.

Rigs11
03-13-2007, 12:16 AM
just cause ? jake didn't give you enough cause this season, jake made enough plays for you? jake didn't throw the franchise under the bus by quitting on us after he was benched? shannahan is privately hurt by the way jake did the organization, he can't believe plummer went south on us the way he did, and you sit there and say we don't have just cause? your sick man, just sick, and jake is too, he NEVER loved the game, his true colors have shown themselves once and for all! 20 years from now fans will look back on this and laugh at the mention of Jake the FAKE!

What tool. Put the coke away. Shanny was personally hurt? Jake never loved the game? Where do you come up with this garbage?

Billy Clyde Puckett
03-13-2007, 12:19 AM
All the best Jake.

Exactly. And Wolf 75 is a perfect example.

Taco John
03-13-2007, 12:21 AM
The mental part of pro football has sunk many a gifted player (see Watts) You never know what it will be that erodes a player's confidence. In Plummer's case he could not play his game with the stud in the rear view mirror, it happens. Not a good enough reason to shiit all over him the way people have on this thread. Some what similar thing happened to that center for Oakland in the super bowl. People were unmerciful in their criticism of him. Dude has a mental problem. Plummer had a confidence problem but he kept playing hard as he could. Unfortunately it was not good enough so Shanahan did the right thing he replaced him late in the season because Jay gave us the best chance to win. I seem to remember half of the team was solidly behind Jake at the time. Plummer had a bad year sure but he did nothing to deserve the beating he is getting here on a thread that was meant to let some of us say good bye and thanks for the good memories. That is what i don't get.

I think you should start an Ashley Lelie appreciation thread. It would be coming a little later than this one did, but who knows. Maybe time has healed all wounds, ya know?

BroncoInferno
03-13-2007, 12:25 AM
I appreciate Jake for taking his toys and going home when he didn't get the situation he wanted with Kubiak.

It's a shame to see even quality posters like Tredici fall into such baseless assumptions as the above. There is not one shread of evidence to suggest the above is true. The rumors that Plummer was considering retirement surfaced well before he had any idea whether or not he'd get to play with Kubiak.

ZachKC
03-13-2007, 12:26 AM
How did Baja think this thread would turn out any different than this?

Tredici
03-13-2007, 12:28 AM

I think you are making an assumption that Jake couldn't play his game with the stud in the rear view mirror. That's based on nothing but speculation. I happen to think Jay Cutler didn't bother Jake at all. Unless there was someone of that caliber on the bench during his years in Arizona.

I think Jake couldn't play without Kubiak there to guide his every move. I also think if Kubiak would've wanted to continue in the role of mentoring Jake Plummer in Houston there were ways to make that happen.

When Jake was a Free Agent, every one who knew anything told him to come to Denver because if Shanahan and Kubiak couldn't revive his career no one could.

Perhaps Jake believes that? Don't know. But if any other coach could've designed an offense around Plummer look what Gruden did for Gannon. Look, if it was time for Jake to put down the football, I appreciate his decision. But I'm not going to suddenly get misty eyed for the guy or remember him as something he wasn't.

baja
03-13-2007, 12:28 AM
I suppose some get satisfaction from kicking someone when they fail to meet their expectations regardless of the effort they had but forth.

I was second only to you (TJ) in calling for the benching of Jake but he is gone now. I appreciate his effort and many Bronco wins.

Ashley is a different story. He made a bad decision and nobody is suffering as much as he from it.

orange crusher
03-13-2007, 12:29 AM
Enjoy your retirement Jake. Thanks for bringing the excitement back to Bronco football after Elway. I'll never forget all of the boots against the Chefs...and I'm sure they won't either. I'm sure being the QB for the Broncos isn't a easy job, but you were a class act in your years in the Orange and Blue.

baja
03-13-2007, 12:31 AM
How did Baja think this thread would turn out any different than this?

All my life I have had a tendency to give people more credit than they deserve.

Dumb Maine hick I guess.

watermock
03-13-2007, 12:31 AM
I don't give a **** honestly. He can do whatever he wants. We don't own his rights anymore anyway.

It's all done.

epicSocialism4tw
03-13-2007, 12:32 AM

LOL

There's a bit of irony

HA!

Tredici
03-13-2007, 12:33 AM
It's a shame to see even quality posters like Tredici fall into such baseless assumptions as the above. There is not one shread of evidence to suggest the above is true. The rumors that Plummer was considering retirement surfaced well before he had any idea whether or not he'd get to play with Kubiak.

And it's a shame to see quality posters fall into baseless assumptions like Jake couldn't take the pressure of Jay Cutler being drafted.

If you want to go back and read posts I made in the first of these threads you'll see I wished Jake no ill will.

But c'mon on. How many times do we have to re-hash this? So I'm retiring on the Jake retiring subject.

It's done. Nothing left to see here folks, move along.

watermock
03-13-2007, 12:33 AM
Jake obviously played with his rear view mirror on the eyeballs instead of downfield. He was terrible. We only won 9 games because the D was totally kicking ass before melting down. Jake played poorly all year except for a couple games. Maybe a couple average, and that dates back to even the Pats game we won last year.

baja
03-13-2007, 12:35 AM
Enjoy your retirement Jake. Thanks for bringing the excitement back to Bronco football after Elway. I'll never forget all of the boots against the Chefs...and I'm sure they won't either. I'm sure being the QB for the Broncos isn't a easy job, but you were a class act in your years in the Orange and Blue.

[B]That's all I'm sayin... [B]

Thanks Crush!

LetsGoBroncos
03-13-2007, 12:35 AM
Jake,

Thank you so much for having such a wonderful attitude during the time you were a Bronco. You brought energy to the field every Sunday, and I still don't think you get nearly enough credit for the amount of games we won with you as our quarterback in such a short period of time. When we lost it was your fault, and when we won you didn't get much credit, but you still had such a positive attitude. Even the games we lost with you leading us were close, hard fought games. You are such a great person, and will always be one of my favorite players.

watermock
03-13-2007, 12:36 AM
And it's a shame to see quality posters fall into baseless assumptions like Jake couldn't take the pressure of Jay Cutler being drafted.

If you want to go back and read posts I made in the first of these threads you'll see I wished Jake no ill will.

But c'mon on. How many times do we have to re-hash this? So I'm retiring on the Jake retiring subject.

It's done. Nothing left to see here folks, move along.

Baseless assumptions? He completely fell of the apple cart and wasn't even on the NFL pass leaders all year...yet alone the turd he laid at home in the AFC Championship Game. Nothing changed with the team but the addition of Cutler.

Play the injury card...then despite the defensive injuries...shouldn't we of gotten the ball less? Yet the scoring went up a full TD per game. The QB rating was a full 10 points higher with a rookie. Despite the D melting, our offense played better, period.

Clockwork Orange
03-13-2007, 12:39 AM
Hey baja, if you do ever get that chance to tip a beer with Jake Plummer, you may not want to mention that you were one of the 46 people on this board who voted that they wanted to see him get injured so that Cutler could get in there this past season, mmkay?

In case you forgot, let me refresh your memory (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=46229).

Now, proceed with your usual "I didn't mean it that way" or "You're blowing that out of proportion" spin that you start screaming anytime you've been reminded of that thread that you started.

Taco John
03-13-2007, 12:41 AM

well before = about a week before ??

Tredici
03-13-2007, 12:42 AM
Baseless assumptions? He completely fell of the apple cart and wasn't even on the NFL pass leaders all year...yet alone the turd he laid at home in the AFC Championship Game. Nothing changed with the team but the addition of Cutler.

Play the injury card...then despite the defensive injuries...shouldn't we of gotten the ball less? Yet the scoring went up a full TD per game. The QB rating was a full 10 points higher with a rookie. Despite the D melting, our offense played better, period.

Nothing changed but Cutler?

What changed was the loss of the Offensive Coordinator who gave Jake the best season he's ever had. Yet y'all want to cling to the Cutler speculation but poo poo even a passing thought that Jake wanted to continue play with Kubes?

Okie Dokie.

baja
03-13-2007, 12:45 AM
Clockwork Orange

You'll have to take it the way you see fit.

Clearly you are not interested in my real point so carry on.

I am sure every thing you type is perfectly clear to all that read it but then you are so special.

Me when I call someone on what they say and they take the time to clarify i usually accept them at their word that they know what their intent was.

BTW ever send that bet money you lost to me to TJ?

watermock
03-13-2007, 12:45 AM
Jake,

Thank you so much for having such a wonderful attitude during the time you were a Bronco. You brought energy to the field every Sunday, and I still don't think you get nearly enough credit for the amount of games we won with you as our quarterback in such a short period of time. When we lost it was your fault, and when we won you didn't get much credit, but you still had such a positive attitude. Even the games we lost with you leading us were close, hard fought games. You are such a great person, and will always be one of my favorite players.

That isn't true...when Jake played well in 05 he got plenty of credit, to the point of people saying he was a pro bowler who was a second or third alternate who didn't show up either. In a large way, there were multiple reasons we lost, but Plummer was certainly a big part of it. He was terrible last year.

Fact is, it was basically unanimous to let Jake run the team for another run, but his horrible play dictated a change. This isn't a fan decision, it's a coaching decision, and I doubt Shanahan is a media puppet. That's laughable.

Close, hard fought games were more a factor of Cutler and Marshal and they went to OT and Coyer laid down and let them score. Once Jay fired a long td to marshall, another he engineered a 98 yard drive. Those OT games were Jay's fault? Either game we get a stop we win, or if Jay doesn't get a concussion and have to come back too soon because Jake sucked, we are in the playoffs.

If Cincy makes a 37 yard FG we also make the playoffs even if we lost.

Taco John
03-13-2007, 12:46 AM
We're all freaking masochists!

watermock
03-13-2007, 12:50 AM
Taco, the idea that we didn't give Jake credit in 05 is ludicrous. Yeah, he was average in the NE playoff game, and royally sucked in the Pitt game at home. It's just a fact.

He picked right up sucking the first games and had two good games, a couple average like the NE game, and absolutely sucked in 6 more.

Didn't anyone notice that spreading of the ball improved dramatically when Jay was inserted and Scheff came off inactive?

baja
03-13-2007, 12:51 AM

L O L or we have too much time on our hands.

I admit this irks me though.

Amazingly enough i did work on 4 land sales today.

Did I mention Jake is buying a retirement beach front home from me....

-Slap-
03-13-2007, 12:52 AM

Which makes you the Marquis de Sade.

:punched:

LOL

baja
03-13-2007, 12:55 AM
Taco, the idea that we didn't give Jake credit in 05 is ludicrous. Yeah, he was average in the NE playoff game, and royally sucked in the Pitt game at home. It's just a fact.

He picked right up sucking the first games and had two good games, a couple average like the NE game, and absolutely sucked in 6 more.

<b>Didn't anyone notice that spreading of the ball improved dramatically when Jay was inserted and Scheff came off inactive?</b>

I did!

No doubt Jay has more potential than ten Jakes

I'm very glad we stole him in last years draft. Heck I took Jay #1 over all in our silly mock adopt-a-bronco draft.

What Orange Crusher said......

orange crusher
03-13-2007, 01:05 AM
Orange Crush

I am sure every thing you type is perfectly clear to all that read it but then you are so special.

Me when I call someone on what they say and they take the time to clarify i usually accept them at their word that they know what their intent was.

Huh?

baja
03-13-2007, 01:07 AM
Huh?

No Not you So Sorry!!!

I meant Clockwork Orange.

I'll change it.

orange crusher
03-13-2007, 01:13 AM
No Not you So Sorry!!!

I meant Clockwork Orange.

I'll change it.

No problem. :)

Clockwork Orange
03-13-2007, 01:15 AM
Clockwork Orange

That's right, I forgot, in your little world you can church up calling an injury a "little owie" and be completely guilt free about it.

Actually, judging by your leading of the Poor Jake Crusade, it appears as though you may be having a little attack of conscience after all.

Your intent was pretty clear, you wanted Plummer to get injured so that Cutler could get some playing time. Keep denying it in a lame attempt to save face, whatever makes you feel better about it.

And bringing up that bet shows about how short your memory is since in order for you to have won it, Cutler would have had to have taken the Broncos to the playoffs. Or are you revising history on that one, too?

baja
03-13-2007, 01:43 AM
Thanks for telling me what what I meant are you able to help others in this way too.

I am sure you can deduce from my 16,000 other posts that I am a vicious spiteful person that regularly wishes ill will on others.

Clockwork Orange
03-13-2007, 01:46 AM
Thanks for telling me what what I meant are you able to help others in this way too.

LOL

Again, whatever makes you feel better about it.

Clockwork Orange
03-13-2007, 01:48 AM
I am sure you can deduce from my 16,000 other posts that I am a vicious spiteful person that regularly wishes ill will on others.

I never said that, I just said that you wanted Plummer to get injured so that Cutler could get some playing time. Actually, that's what you said just six months ago.

Take from it what you will.

baja
03-13-2007, 01:53 AM
LOL

Again, whatever makes you feel better about it.

There is nothing i need to feel better about you little obdurate man.

baja
03-13-2007, 02:02 AM
Hey baja, if you do ever get that chance to tip a beer with Jake Plummer, you may not want to mention that you were one of the 46 people on this board who voted that they wanted to see him get injured so that Cutler could get in there this past season, mmkay?

In case you forgot, let me refresh your memory (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=46229).

Now, proceed with your usual "I didn't mean it that way" or "You're blowing that out of proportion" spin that you start screaming anytime you've been reminded of that thread that you started.

baja fan

OK fess up how many of you secretly hope....
Plummer gets a little owie and misses a couple of games this season so you can see what Jay can do?

"To occupy Iraq would instantly shatter our coalition,
turning the whole Arab world against us and make a broken tyrant
into a latter-day hero ... assigning young soldiers to a fruitless hunt
for a securely entrenched dictator and condemning them to fight
in what would be an un-winnable urban guerilla war.
It could only plunge that part of the world into even greater instability."
A World Transformed (1998)
George Herbert Walker Bush

Damn I should be shot

Taco John
03-13-2007, 02:03 AM
VOCABULARY CAGE MATCH

Clockwork Orange
03-13-2007, 02:04 AM
There is nothing i need to feel better about you little obdurate man.

Thanks for playing. It's been humorous.

baja
03-13-2007, 02:05 AM
VOCABULARY CAGE MATCH

Doing your best to keep this going are ya?

Provocateur!

Taco John
03-13-2007, 02:06 AM
Vocabulary Cage Match Challenge #1:

The first poster to use the word "flagitious" in context about another poster's motivations in this thread gets the point...

baja
03-13-2007, 02:10 AM

The first poster to use the word "flagitious" in context about another poster's motivations in this thread gets the point...

Taco with the thread killer. Good!

Taco John
03-13-2007, 02:12 AM
Come on people! The clock is ticking! I've got "diaphanous" on deck!

baja
03-13-2007, 02:12 AM
parti pris

watermock
03-13-2007, 02:14 AM
If "Bah Bah Bah Bah Bah" is too far over your head it's not Taco's problem.

baja
03-13-2007, 02:15 AM
iniquitous

Taco John
03-13-2007, 02:15 AM

*melts my heart*

Blueflame
03-13-2007, 02:16 AM
Come on people! The clock is ticking! I've got "diaphanous" on deck!

Hey, I know what that one means... ;D

baja
03-13-2007, 02:19 AM
Seven pages of laudation for Plummer that's enough....

footstepsfrom#27
03-13-2007, 02:51 AM
And Jake read none of it. :spit:

-Slap-
03-13-2007, 02:53 AM

Duplicitous blatherskite.

Blueflame
03-13-2007, 03:04 AM
platitudinous ponderosity...

watermock
03-13-2007, 03:12 AM
Pompus posturing.

baja
03-13-2007, 03:12 AM
http://www.nec.edu/academics/departments/polisci/images/as2.jpg

baja
03-13-2007, 03:14 AM
http://cagle.msnbc.com/news/RushLimbaugh/RushGIFS/1/footmouth/dickwright45542.gif

fontaine
03-13-2007, 05:32 AM
I'm not getting into this argument, but on this issue, how about Jerry Rice? Shanny flat out told him he'd never play, so that he could retire with dignity.

Yeah I agree Rice was finished and wouldn't get to see the field because he wasn't good enough.

What does that have to do with Plummer though? Jake still has plenty of good years left and there have been plenty of QBs that go through their 30s and shine when given another opportunity (Gannon, Johnson, McNair, Garcia etc) through their own grit, hard work and determination.

The problem with Jake was that he was asked to compete and he flat out wanted out in a trade then retired than do that. Again, nothing wrong with that. That's his choice but to expect Denver fans to smooch his behind in light of that is absurd.

Maybe I'm spoiled but I look at the rich tradition in guys that compete year in year out despite the odds in Denver and I choose to give those guys props. Guys like TD after this mulitple operations, like Eddie Mac who was never the same after his broken leg but still chose to fight it out instead retiring in light of a younger faster stud prospect in Lelie, Rod who competed every year despite his draft status, etc etc.

To me the way Plummer wanted out and retired reeks of the same kind of quitter's mentality I saw in Kennison/Lelie.

fontaine
03-13-2007, 06:17 AM
I suppose some get satisfaction from kicking someone when they fail to meet their expectations regardless of the effort they had but forth.

I was second only to you (TJ) in calling for the benching of Jake but he is gone now. I appreciate his effort and many Bronco wins.

Ashley is a different story. He made a bad decision and nobody is suffering as much as he from it.

Lelie was the WR here with Jake and his many Bronco wins.

But somehow Lelie made a bad decision and we should appreciate Jake for his efforts?
LOL

I get it man, you have a preference for Jake Plummer the good guy, not necessarily the inconsistent mistake prone QB. Nothing wrong with that. But it's pretty ironic that you chastise others on this thread for doing the exact thing. Expressing their personal preferences over Jake!

Kaylore
03-13-2007, 06:43 AM
This thread is hilarious. I don't know what's funnier. The revisionist history is nice. Plummer played like crap. I actually agree with what -Slap- said in another thread about him being spoiled. He's never had to confront pressure in life and it showed. From the big picture, like how he delt with Jay coming in, to the small scale like his piss poor third down percentage and decision to stop caring about footwork his last year.

Most of you have been able to take them to task, but really I like how when Baja is losing his footing he reaches for political slams to try and win his crowd back. Most of you drink it up like a bunch of diaphanously-minded drones. I should defenestrate the lot of you.:~ohyah!:

cutthemdown
03-13-2007, 07:37 AM
And in the 3rd post elway epoc a bearded man arose from the barren deserts to the south. He embodied the mountain spirit and was soon embraced by throngs of rabid worshipers. Undaunted by calls that the defalcation of his talent would hold us back we believed. Alas it twas not to be for he turned out to be a handball player.

Circle Orange
03-13-2007, 08:36 AM
Noticed how the 'rebel beard bit' disappeared after he retired? Not surprised...I suspect some of the 'rebel' bit isn't exactly spontaneous. But I have a special appreciation pic of Jake where a cheek got exposed during a game. If I can find it I'll post it here. :devil:

For goodness sake, let's open a food drive for Baja...have you seen his avatar? He's so thin he might fall down the shower drain. LOL

fontaine
03-13-2007, 09:08 AM
This thread is hilarious. I don't know what's funnier. The revisionist history is nice. Plummer played like crap. I actually agree with what -Slap- said in another thread about him being spoiled. He's never had to confront pressure in life and it showed. From the big picture, like how he delt with Jay coming in, to the small scale like his piss poor third down percentage and decision to stop caring about footwork his last year.

Most of you have been able to take them to task, but really I like how when Baja is losing his footing he reaches for political slams to try and win his crowd back. Most of you drink it up like a bunch of diaphanously-minded drones. I should defenestrate the lot of you.:~ohyah!:

The worst part though, is when we see posts that congratulate and appreciate Jake for walking away from the game with his health and money.

It's a slap in the face of old warriors like Elway/Stinky etc who played through till they got what they came for. That's why Elway retired after winning back to back lombardies and Jake gets to ride off in the sunset with his Honda Element as a joke.

If Elway quit like Jake did we'd still be waiting for our first SuperBowl.

Circle Orange
03-13-2007, 10:34 AM
Well, there's nothing like clinging to the past I suppose. Meanwhile, since Jakey is such a lovable topic I SAY we do one thing...post a few hundred threads of "Jake Must GO"

Oops, wait a minute. He ain't here. ;)

Well then, let's post a series of threads saying "Jake is GONE." I think by June the bandwidth will collapse from the strain. I look forward to twelve hour downloads to post a thread!

So we had the

"Jake stinks" threads
"Don't hate" threads
"Jake gave it all he had" threads
"Jake showed class" threads
"Jake the quitter" threads
The wonderful "Class War" threads of "Pro vs. Anti" Jake posters
And the classic "Jake must go" threads
So the logical progression is the "Jake is gone" threads. I think we can get lots of mileage from that, as we rehash, regurgitate and ponder every play Jake made the last few years.

Pointless pondiferous pontification wondrously extricated for the pleasure of replication purposes only, aimlessly ambling down the halls of previous pomposity. Any true or false statments are already made to be redone a few more times. :blowhorn:

Tredici
03-13-2007, 11:23 AM

However flagitious Taco's diaphanous conspiring to subvert this thread from Jake appreciation to language foreplay it is doubtful the body of the Orange Mane will recognize the true tactic of hijacking an upstanding and moral thread.

Taco John
03-13-2007, 12:57 PM
However flagitious Taco's diaphanous conspiring to subvert this thread from Jake appreciation to language foreplay it is doubtful the body of the Orange Mane will recognize the true tactic of hijacking an upstanding and moral thread.

THE WINNER!

/Hey! You weren't supposed to use flagitious against *me!*

baja
03-13-2007, 01:15 PM
Geez way to arrogate a thread. ;D

Well Jake it looks like you have a total of three people that venerate your efforts as a Bronco.

Crushaholic
03-13-2007, 01:37 PM
However flagitious, Taco's diaphanous conspiring to subvert this thread from Jake appreciation to language foreplay it is doubtful the body of the Orange Mane will recognize the true tactic of hijacking an upstanding and moral thread.

You needed a comma there...;D ;)

Tredici
03-13-2007, 01:57 PM
You needed a comma there...;D ;)

I award you half the point.
:curtsey:

milehimike
03-13-2007, 05:07 PM
I don't have a problem saying it again...

Thanks, Jake for your contribution to our Broncos! You gave your heart to this team. You weren't perfect, but, then again....who is!? Too bad the fans always expect perfection. You came in and were expected to fill some mighty sizeable shoes! Good luck in whatever path you choose! ^5Thanks!;D :thumbsup: ;D

Odysseus
03-13-2007, 06:35 PM
To me the way Plummer wanted out and retired reeks of the same kind of quitter's mentality I saw in Kennison/Lelie.

I take back anything I said about Lelie. I was wrong. If he is happy getting out of Denver than I hope the 49ers give him what he wants. Maybe Kennison was pioneer. Maybe the fans who don't really have a clue what it takes to STAY an NFL player are in fact wrong. What a concept.

Damien Nash and Darrent Williams should be proof enough that some consideration should be given to life after football. I was a few blocks from where Williams was killed at the time he was being killed. What are the odds?

Pat Tillman's last known words were "Cease fire! I'm Pat ******* Tillman." I guess Tillman thought being a former NFL player made him bullet proof. I lost three good friends in that month one of which was burned and hung publicly and I remember the bounty on my own head. There have been some bad days and football has kept me whole.

I never liked Jake's too laid back attitude about the game. His "just chill dude approach was maddening. Jake was a meathead and knew it. It was funny. I hated Jake's mental lapse where it was like some bright shiny object would distract him. I hated the beard. I didn't like the way he would argue with Shanahan especially when the whole known world knew he was wrong. I hated it when Jake would play so well and then self destruct for no reason. I hated how when he let the ball fly you always had this feeling of what the heck was Jake looking for? I swear the guy had eye problems. Can you not see that guy open? He would make mistakes that you never see him do all year and always at the worst time.

I'm going to take a page from Jake world and "just chill". I'm going to get excited when it matters and the rest of the time I'm just brain surfing. Rant away all you smart savvy and well oiled machinery pieces. Get after Jake. Bark like a dog. Woof. Woof. I'm coolin yo. It's just football.

Remember?

baja
03-13-2007, 06:53 PM
http://denver.metblogs.com/archives/images/2006/09/plummer.jpg

bloodsunday
03-14-2007, 08:43 PM
However, many (including myself) have always argued that we were winning DESPITE of Jake, not because of him.
That maybe, but I'll take 75% win percentage no matter who the QB is. Remember that it took TD, Gary Zimmerman, Rod Smith, and Shannon Sharpe to get Elway over the hump. (I could go on and on about how much more talent the 97 and 98 teams had than this one).

I totally disagree with #2 above....he did NOT give 100%......in interviews, on many occasions, you would hear from Jake, "Can't wait for my 3 days off."

In comparison, Manning is the best QB in the league because he is a constant worker/perfectionist. Jake, quite frankly, didn't seem to care......ah, life is life, and I'm just havin' fun type of attitude.

First of all, that is a generalists perspective based on various media comments and spin. Neither you nor I is at Dove Valley and could even compare the actual hours spent their versus what a Peyton Manning does. Secondly, don't confuse yourself into believing that anyone (including Cutler) will ever work as hard as Manning. Guys like Shanahan and Manning (tireless workers and competitors) are rare. I might even say that in some respects its unhealthy to overwork yourself. And finally, I was actually trying to avoid this point anyway. My point was that during the season, and more importantly on Sundays, no one wanted to win more than Jake. That is why his teammates loved him. I really can't speak to how hard he worked in the off season, but either way he wanted to win.

FYI - before people start accusing me, I am still very happy this is now Cutler's team. I just think its fair to point out that Jake did, all in all, a good job. I respect what he stands for and what he did for this team.

-Slap-
03-14-2007, 09:18 PM
My point was that during the season, and more importantly on Sundays, no one wanted to win more than Jake. That is why his teammates loved him. I really can't speak to how hard he worked in the off season, but either way he wanted to win.

Its weird how some fans have the ability to peer into men's souls and know exactly who wants to win the most.

:)

baja
03-14-2007, 11:56 PM
Almost as amazing as knowing what a dead man thinks.

Meck77
03-14-2007, 11:58 PM

Almost as amazing that one of the biggest Jake haters on the site was able to fool this many people with this thread..............lol

Odysseus
03-15-2007, 12:06 AM
Its weird how some fans have the ability to peer into men's souls and know exactly who wants to win the most.

:)

Everyone has it. It's called common sense. A guy fights his heart out you can see it. A guy loses his heart you can see it. The only thing that is being discussed isn't whether you can see it or not but what you call it. It is the reason we watch the games. We seriously don't watch the game just for the final score. That is stupid fan bullshiat.

Anyone who thought Jake was a total slacker never spent a minute around sports. That guys got a fire in his belly.

Guys like Manning are just machines. He is what we all wanted Brian Griese to be. Jake is Jake but it's by choice. He's not stupid. He's just a common guy who likes simple things. Name me one player that the fans have not attacker nor ever will? Fans would dig up the dead if they could. Fans are just ghouls.

All you guys banging on Jake. Here's a finger from me to you. Have one for each of you. They are free. Don't worry. I can always make more.

Now where is my Cutler jersey! That guy is going to be fun to watch. :thumbs:

Odysseus
03-15-2007, 12:07 AM

Now we are making fun of all established religion? :rofl:

Odysseus
03-15-2007, 12:08 AM
Almost as amazing that one of the biggest Jake haters on the site was able to fool this many people with this thread..............lol

You can't bust him! Somebody else has to bust him!

You are wrecking the game!

Meck77
03-15-2007, 12:13 AM
He is what we all wanted Brian Griese to be.

Any fool could see thru Griese. It wasn't his actions on the field that showed his lack of fire to win it was his demeanor when he was on the bench in a losing situation. The guy would crawl up into a ball at the end of the bench and act like a child all by himself while the rest of his team would be trying to figure out how to get back in the game. I never saw Jake do that. These are things that you don't see on TV. I saw Griese do that plenty of this and anyone that sat behind the Broncos bench in those days saw the same thing I did.

baja
03-15-2007, 12:22 AM
Sure I wanted Jake benched he wasn't getting it done and we had this young gun slinger waiting in the wings who had been very impressive whenever he did play but that does not mean I didn't appreciate Jake's heart and desire to win and he did win a lot of games for us so I started an appreciation threat for him. Seems reasonable to me.

Meck find one post where I said I hated Jake Plummer.

Meck77
03-15-2007, 12:27 AM

Sorry dude I just don't really care enough to dig thru all your posts from last season. Honestly I'm surprised this thread didn't make it to the butt by page 2. It still has a shot to make it though.

watermock
03-15-2007, 12:33 AM
Anyone who thought Jake was a total slacker never spent a minute around sports. That guys got a fire in his belly.

First, noone thought he was a total slacker, I never heard one comment. Sucked last year yes...slacker no. And if he has a fire burning in his belly why is he retiring after barely passing 30.

Odysseus
03-15-2007, 12:38 AM
First, noone thought he was a total slacker, I never heard one comment. Sucked last year yes...slacker no. And if he has a fire burning in his belly why is he retiring after barely passing 30.

Fire got tired. :giggle:

Meck77
03-15-2007, 12:38 AM
And if he has a fire burning in his belly why is he retiring after barely passing 30.

Maybe because he's realistic, rich, and ready for a new challenge? Some guys just can't go out Brian Griese style. BG is a natural on the bench. Heck he's a SuperBench Champ!

Odysseus
03-15-2007, 12:39 AM

It's "Bah, Bah, Bah, Bah, Bah, Bah, Bah" not "Bah, Bah, Bah, Bah, Bah". If you are going to quote the little Z man get it right!!

-Slap-
03-15-2007, 12:43 AM
The really gushy and defiant Jake tribute posts are the best comedy this site has to offer. I swear on Jake's dead career, I will post a new Jake Plummer Appreciation Thread every month as long as this board exists.

ROFL!

baja
03-15-2007, 12:47 AM
Sorry dude I just don't really care enough to dig thru all your posts from last season. Honestly I'm surprised this thread didn't make it to the butt by page 2. It still has a shot to make it though.

Than maybe you shouldn't care enough to accuse me of something that is not true.

If you don't like the thread chose from among the other three thousand or so threads to share your unsubstantiated accusations on. or just go fishing.

baja
03-15-2007, 12:50 AM
The really gushy and defiant Jake tribute posts are the best comedy this site has to offer. I swear on Jake's dead career, I will post a new Jake Plummer Appreciation Thread every month as long as this board exists.

ROFL!

OK you take all the months with a "R" in them.

Meck77
03-15-2007, 12:51 AM
or just go fishing.

Good idea.

Odysseus
03-15-2007, 12:52 AM
Sure I wanted Jake benched he wasn't getting it done and we had this young gun slinger waiting in the wings who had been very impressive whenever he did play but that does not mean I didn't appreciate Jake's heart and desire to win and he did win a lot of games for us so I started an appreciation threat for him. Seems reasonable to me.

You never hated Jake. Fire got tired! LOL

AboveAverage
03-15-2007, 01:02 AM
I thought only Meck and Alec were allowed to post in this thread?

baja
03-15-2007, 01:13 AM
I thought only Meck and Alec were allowed to post in this thread?

Which one are you?

Odysseus
03-15-2007, 01:19 AM

ROFL!

All you have to do is keep posting here home biscuit.

baja
03-16-2007, 11:11 PM
Legwold: Plummer may pay $7 million
Jeff Legwold
email | bio
March 16, 2007
<b>Having spent some time here and there talking to Jake Plummer about this and that, I believe some things.
I believe he's one of those folks equipped to deal with the decisions he makes, to live with them, good or bad. Up or down.

I believe he loves football, that he's also made a good living from it.

I believe he's retired.

And, most of all, I believe he just might be willing to pay $7 million to stay that way.</b>

Plummer has, in his words, "run" away from the NFL, moved on, to go forth and do something else with the prime of his life. After a brief public appearance in Denver, he certainly looked ready for what is out there beyond the horizon of the end zone.

<b>"I will miss the game," Plummer said. "The game has been very good, it has been challenging, it's been something I've loved to do for a long time. But, like I said, life is grand, life is exciting, and I'm excited to move on and, like I said, encounter and take on new challenges with my life."</b>

However, the Broncos and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are hoping the lure of a $5.3 million salary for 2007 and the threat of a roughly $7 million payback will lure Plummer back to the league.

Good luck, fellas.

The Broncos traded Plummer's rights to the Buccaneers earlier this month for a conditional draft pick. And many in the league say the conditions of that pick are that should Plummer report to the Buccaneers or any other team (if Tampa Bay opts to trade his rights) before the first pick is made in the 2008 draft, the Broncos get a fourth-round pick in that draft.

Should Plummer fail to report to the Buccaneers, or any other team, by draft day 2008, the Broncos get a seventh-round pick. The Buccaneers want Plummer, the Broncos would much rather have a fourth-round pick for him - the same fourth-round pick they had secured before he announced his retirement - than a seventh-round pick.

Which leads everyone to the $7 million.

There are already published reports that the Buccaneers are ready to go after some of Plummer's money to try to get him into their complex.

Plummer has three years left on his current contract, which was traded to the Buccaneers with him. Plummer received some bonus money in that contract in 2005 and 2006 in a renegotiation - $6.76 million in 2005, $2 million in 2006.

Plummer received the money, but for salary-cap accounting, the bonuses were counted on a prorated basis over the life of the contract. It's the remaining part of the prorated bonuses that amounts to close to $7 million.

Teams, having paid out money, have had some success retrieving that money if players suddenly, unexpectedly leave the game. The Miami Dolphins won the right to retrieve $8 million from running back Ricky Williams.

And while the Broncos were the ones who paid out the money, it appears they have made that possibility part of the trade to help the Buccaneers try to get Plummer in. It was likely the reason the Buccaneers still made the trade despite Plummer's announced retirement.

The Broncos also would like the fourth-round pick.

Plummer said briefly last week there were "some things" that still had to be worked out. Well, this is the thing.

His representatives and attorneys figure to challenge this. Whether they succeed is still an item that's well down the road.

Looking at all of that, though, and after looking him in the eye, I believe he's retired.

<b>This is a guy who has gladly rowed against the league's current before. One who was ready to pay $30,000 because he refused to take a sticker off his helmet, the one with the "40" on it to honor his friend and former teammate Pat Tillman.

An unblinking Plummer pushed the league to the edge, received letters of support from Senators Wayne Allard, R-Colo., and John McCain, R-Ariz., at the Broncos complex, and in the end, the league knew it simply could not fine the man.</b>

And in 2005, every player in the league wore a decal on his helmet to commemorate the first regular-season NFL game played outside the U.S. Every player except one.

Jake Plummer. The league simply rubbed its temples that time, not fining Plummer, hoping that, too, would pass.

So it looks like Plummer has made up his mind to make up his mind, to move on, to close the door behind him.

"I can't sit here and discuss anything further," he said. "But you don't have to chase me around any more or speculate on what I'm going to be doing. There will not be a jersey that has an NFL patch . . . on my body."

I believe he'll fight to stay retired, I believe he'll exhaust every avenue to stay retired, file a grievance, go to court, whatever.

<b>"I'm ready to move on with my life . . . ," Plummer said. "I am retiring."

So in the end, if it costs him $7 million to not play in the NFL, I also believe he just might be the guy who would pay it.</b>

baja
03-16-2007, 11:13 PM
Hated his play in 06

Love the guy!

Northman
03-16-2007, 11:51 PM
So in the end, if it costs him $7 million to not play in the NFL, I also believe he just might be the guy who would pay it.

Sweet, pay it back Jake and enjoy retirement. \m/

TheDave
03-17-2007, 12:36 AM
Blah, Blah, Blah...Next!

watermock
03-17-2007, 12:55 AM
Than maybe you shouldn't care enough to accuse me of something that is not true.

If you don't like the thread chose from among the other three thousand or so threads to share your unsubstantiated accusations on. or just go fishing.

Actually, he left the other day to fish off Miami.

baja
03-17-2007, 01:38 AM
Actually, he left the other day to fish off Miami.

Well if he uses the right bate he could catch something like this;

http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/photo/f60/96b/f6096b30-5a78-4fb9-9c45-165ca95489bd.large-profile.jpg

broncosteven
03-17-2007, 12:35 PM
When will this thread END like Jakes Football career?

Go start a Plummer Bro Handball Forum so you can wax poetic about Jakes 75% handball win % & how he lost the HB Tourney.

Sweet Jesus!

Rock Chalk
03-17-2007, 12:39 PM
Sweet, pay it back Jake and enjoy retirement. \m/

Problem is, he wont be paying it back to Denver.

edit: This is my first and last contribution to this thread.

Florida_Bronco
03-17-2007, 12:41 PM
When will this thread END like Jakes Football career?

Go start a Plummer Bro Handball Forum so you can wax poetic about Jakes 75% handball win % & how he lost the HB Tourney.

Sweet Jesus!

Why don't the people who hate Jake simply ignore this thread?

RADRHATR
03-17-2007, 05:12 PM
Jake,

Thank you for throwing right-handed 99% of the time.

baja
03-17-2007, 06:47 PM

What! and miss a chance to look cool to the rest of the callous bunch.

I swear there are a couple of posters here that if they advocated eating shiit was the cool thing to do the rest of the courtiers would PM them for the recipe

Northman
03-17-2007, 08:14 PM

Why dont you ignore the negative posts?

baja
03-17-2007, 08:21 PM
Why dont you ignore the negative posts?

Because it is an appreciation thread

As the old and wise saying goes, "If you can't say something nice about someone than don't say anything at all"

Northman
03-17-2007, 08:23 PM
Because it is an appreciation thread

As the old and wise saying goes, "If you can't say something nice about someone than don't say anything at all"

Thats besides the point. Even when we had anti-jake threads you guys would come in and complain about it. Im just pointing out the contradiction on FB's part. And of course there is always that special " Ignore " feature the site has.

scorpio
03-17-2007, 08:25 PM
Problem is, he wont be paying it back to Denver.

That hasn't been confirmed as far as I know. I've seen speculation that he would pay the penalty to Tampa, but nobody has been able to say definitevely.

baja
03-17-2007, 08:33 PM
Thats besides the point. Even when we had anti-jake threads you guys would come in and complain about it. Im just pointing out the contradiction on FB's part. And of course there is always that special " Ignore " feature the site has.

Hey I started more that few 'bench Jake" threads, remember"

He left it all on the field and won quite of games for the Broncos that's all Im saying...

Because he retired and cost the Broncos a 4th round pick is not a good enough reason to trash the guy IMO

Spider
03-17-2007, 08:40 PM
Jake who ?

baja
04-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Can we weld Jay Cutler's arm on Jake Plummer's body???

Wanta have a laugh read some of this....

DHallblows
04-16-2009, 05:37 PM
Good God...

Where's Plummer???
04-16-2009, 05:38 PM
:welcome: :notworthy

his leadership says it all!

Northman
04-16-2009, 06:32 PM
Jake who?