PDA

View Full Version : OrangeMane Moving Like Syrup in Alaska

Bronco_Beerslug
03-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Another host in the future? The last few days have been pretty bad.

ludo21
03-03-2007, 08:36 PM
lol

moving faster today than yesterday thats for sure.

im sure once the moves settle down all the guests will stop visiting..

maybe shut down the guests?? and force the noobs to pay 1 million dollars to sign up?

Ratboy
03-03-2007, 08:38 PM
It's simple, block the forum unless you're registered.

Bronco_Beerslug
03-03-2007, 08:41 PM
It's simple, block the forum unless you're registered.That's not very conducive for growth. That's what's happened now but it's still slow.

baja
03-03-2007, 08:43 PM
You mean you don't like getting an error message every time there is important news about the broncos or after every single game?

Bronx33
03-03-2007, 08:52 PM
Mmmmmmmm syrup..

Rocket 7
03-03-2007, 08:58 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=9094

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=editor%40orangemane%2ecom&item_name=OrangeMane%2ecom&no_shipping=2&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF&charset=UTF%2d8

Northman
03-03-2007, 09:25 PM
That's not very conducive for growth. That's what's happened now but it's still slow.

This is true but in my opinion until TJ can get a server to handle this much traffic maybe he should consider shutting down registration and visitation from lurkers. Ive actually had to register at Broncomania just to get in some football talk because i can hardly get in here to read any posts. I would much rather be here but it makes no sense to come here if i cant get into the site.

Bronco_Beerslug
03-03-2007, 10:54 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=9094

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=editor%40orangemane%2ecom&item_name=OrangeMane%2ecom&no_shipping=2&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF&charset=UTF%2d8

What are those links for? How much is this host costing Taco, is he losing money on the site?

One of the private trackers I belong to has 6000 members and says it's costs are $125 a month.

smalltowngrll
03-04-2007, 05:10 PM
I believe that this site is closed down to members only right now. I dont' think anyone can view the forums unless they are registered. However, I believe all of those 'guests' are search engine bots right now. Any way this site can get closed down to those bots? They seem to take up a lot of bandwidth as well.

Rascal
03-04-2007, 10:06 PM
Yeah it's been pretty slow lately, any time something happens you can bet the server will crash. That's how I know something happened. LOL

Hell, if Cutler farted it would crash, although it is better right now but that will change should any news hit the wire regarding the broncos.

Taco John
03-05-2007, 02:27 AM
What are those links for? How much is this host costing Taco, is he losing money on the site?

One of the private trackers I belong to has 6000 members and says it's costs are $125 a month.

I'm not losing money on the site. I'm pretty well breaking even. I have plans for an eventual server expansion to our own server, but right now my time is being dedicated to my career demands.

Bronco_Beerslug
03-05-2007, 10:05 AM
I'm not losing money on the site. I'm pretty well breaking even. I have plans for an eventual server expansion to our own server, but right now my time is being dedicated to my career demands.That's what I was wondering, if the site was costing you money. So you probably won't have time to move the server before the draft then?

baja
03-05-2007, 02:27 PM
ATTN: TACO JOHN. The Web Crossing model is you get ten posts a day for free if you want to post more than that it costs $7 a year. Would that generate enough revenue to get a decent server that would not crash on the biggest Broncos days. This sucks how can we collectively fix this?

OrangeShadow
03-07-2007, 07:50 AM
i cant even get to the central discussion page

Sassy
03-07-2007, 10:17 AM
Hmm....right now, I'm not having a problem...and I'm on dialup. It's much faster than it's been in a long time.

OrangeShadow
03-07-2007, 10:41 AM
the only way i can get to the threads in the central discussion is by going through the new posts button

Mtbrncofn
03-07-2007, 02:29 PM
It is slooooowwww. I've given up a lot in the last couple of days. I even have DSL now you'll all be shocked to know.

Sodak
03-07-2007, 10:22 PM
www.broncosfreak.com is a decent alternative during times like this. The Mods are a little heavy handed with the nice guy regulations but there's a lot of Maners over there already.

Circle Orange
03-12-2007, 08:55 AM
I dunno...sometimes the mane runs like thin jello. Sometimes like honey uphill...other times my screen just freezes up and my computer goes, **** it!

The only times I really dread trying to post is on 'hot button' hours, usually after a game during the season or some wild topic that catches everyone's interest.

Quickest post = 28 seconds
Slowest post = 2 days

Safe to say the average is somewhere in the middle...and Baja, EAT A SANDWICH! Based on that avatar I'd say you're a bit thin...LOL