OrangeShadow
08-01-2007, 10:33 PM
here are some pics from the game and such

my wall with the new banner:
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/7493/wall1vt0.jpg
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/8966/wall1it0.jpg

outside:
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/6126/outsideac2.jpg
players cars:(only one i know the owner of is the H2 which is tavarez's)
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/2081/bentleynl9.jpg
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/4412/300ccb1.jpg
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/7590/escaladeandh2jm5.jpg
game/inside:
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/9128/76081544gr5.jpg
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/1139/45325776pp5.jpg
teks gold glove :)

OrangeShadow
08-01-2007, 10:34 PM
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/7222/teksgoldgloveal8.jpg
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/152/91519548pa6.jpg
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/4435/85123504ul6.jpg

TheChamp24
08-01-2007, 10:43 PM
Man, Rockies almost pulled it out tonight. Hawpe got screwed on his called 3rd strike, that was pathetic by the ump. Torrealba went golfing horribly on 2 pitches to end the game :\

SpringStein
08-01-2007, 11:17 PM
Not driving in a run with the runner on 3rd and less than 2 out (like tonight in the 9th) has been the achilles heel of this Rockies team.

TheChamp24
08-02-2007, 12:24 AM
Not driving in a run with the runner on 3rd and less than 2 out (like tonight in the 9th) has been the achilles heel of this Rockies team.

Well, Hawpe kinda got royally screwed on his strike out pitch. If he swung probably would've been an out or foul ball at best. 95 mph fast ball low and away like that? Pssh. I wish Tulo would've gotten a pitch to hit, I think he would've delivered unlike Torrealba's pathetic attempt lol

24champ
08-02-2007, 02:09 AM
Oreno Chinko Swe San Freeesisco Giants!

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070802/capt.5e55becb80a94562b3295d8d3870e47e.giants_dodge rs_baseball_camt104.jpg

WABronco
08-02-2007, 02:45 AM
Hey Req guess who's coming up...

AJ just turned 22, jacked a HR today, and is gonna be in the bigs for the Boston series. SICK.

Bronco LB 59
08-02-2007, 01:34 PM
Justin Upton called up

http://www.al.com/sports/mobileregister/index.ssf?/base/sports/1186064112301540.xml&coll=3

Bronco LB 59
08-02-2007, 01:47 PM

AJ just turned 22, jacked a HR today, and is gonna be in the bigs for the Boston series. SICK.

I am so happy for Adam Jones. San Diego boy from Morse HS. In any other organization, he would still be playing shortstop.

Jones numbers are even more impressive when you look at the names on this list:

http://firstinning.com/content/200707142

Here are some pics I took of him this season:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/BroncoLB56/DSC02266.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/BroncoLB56/DSC01598.jpg

WABronco
08-02-2007, 09:47 PM
Very nice LB52!

Jones is gonna be a stud. From the CF camera angle you can't tell much difference between him and Cammy when he's at the plate. He runs like Cammy too. He K's like Cammy too. heh...

I'm just so pumped to have a top-flight, young player coming up...I mean, one could argue that Ryan Braun has been an MVP-type producer since he was called up.

Just his D alone will improve the team, from day one.

SpringStein
08-02-2007, 10:40 PM
Nice for the Rocks to win a one run game rather than lose it.

Requiem
08-02-2007, 10:50 PM

No way? Is he going to be in the line-up? FKIN NO WAY.

TheChamp24
08-02-2007, 10:57 PM
Go Rockies! Now get dem Braves!
I don't think they have the pitching though. I like their depth though on the field. Getting rid of Finley and Mabry was brilliant, I can't believe those guys were left on the team so long. Spilborghs has been a stud filling in, whether its pinch hitting or out in the OF.

24champ
08-03-2007, 02:03 AM
I am so happy for Adam Jones. San Diego boy from Morse HS. In any other organization, he would still be playing shortstop.

Hey LB52, you ready for that Circus-freak called B*nds to roll into San Diego? Hope your fellow Padre fans throw some syringes at that ****er.LOL

Dodgers just couldn't get it done tonight, left too many men on bases.:nono:

Bronco LB 59
08-03-2007, 02:44 AM
Hey LB52, you ready for that Circus-freak called B*nds to roll into San Diego? Hope your fellow Padre fans throw some syringes at that ****er.LOL

Dodgers just couldn't get it done tonight, left too many men on bases.:nono:

I'm just hoping Petco lives up to it's reputation and Bonds' flies die in right all weekend long. It still makes me mad he hit 700 off Peavy. I hope somebody on our staff gives him the Russ Springer treatment.

24champ
08-03-2007, 02:52 AM
I'm just hoping Petco lives up to it's reputation and Bonds' flies die in right all weekend long. It still makes me mad he hit 700 off Peavy. I hope somebody on our staff gives him the Russ Springer treatment.

I will be a Padre for a minute if somebody does give him the Russ Springer treatment. I just would die laughing at the reaction of Joe Morgan/Chris Berman calling the game on BBPN (formerly ESPN) if that happened. I almost hurled listening to Joe Morgan these last couple nights. Back to Vin Scully on MLB.TV.

SouthStndJunkie
08-03-2007, 09:51 PM
The Tigers are playing some lackluster baseball right now.

TheChamp24
08-03-2007, 10:36 PM
Go Rockies! Crushed the Braves 9-1. Good road trip so far. Loved how the Braves announcers were talking how good the Rockies are this year.
Francis had an outstanding start, Atkins crushed a dinger. One more win and a terrific road trip. Just gotta bring it next week too.

DomCasual
08-03-2007, 11:01 PM
I honestly can't believe this. They seem to be playing better, more consistent baseball with each passing game. And they're winning games late - games they would have lost in the past.

Even if they don't get into the postseason (and let's face it, they probably won't), I will be really excited for baseball in April, 2008. This team has a chance of being really, really good.

SouthStndJunkie
08-04-2007, 01:55 PM
A-Rod hit HR #500 today.

TheChamp24
08-04-2007, 06:35 PM
Gratz to ARod, now hit 300 more :)
Its really amazing to see the year ARod's had.

Rockies hopefully can pull out another win tonight to go at least 4-2 on this road trip. One thing I am concerned about is Todd Helton. I don't think he should be hitting in the 3 spot anymore. The guy just hasn't been hitting since May/June really and his BA keeps dropping.

Requiem
08-04-2007, 06:38 PM
Adam Jones is a dude legit.

Breck Bronc
08-04-2007, 06:52 PM
Gratz to ARod, now hit 300 more :)
Its really amazing to see the year ARod's had.

Rockies hopefully can pull out another win tonight to go at least 4-2 on this road trip. One thing I am concerned about is Todd Helton. I don't think he should be hitting in the 3 spot anymore. The guy just hasn't been hitting since May/June really and his BA keeps dropping.Helton looks absolutely lost at the plate. Last night he struck out looking on a fastball that was thrown straight down the middle. In years past Helton would have hit a home run or at least a double; last night he didn't even swing.

At least he's still taking walks and playing good defense so he isn't a total liability.

On another note, I lived in Miami during the Marlins incredible World Series run in 2003 -- I see many similarities between the '03 Marlins and '07 Rockies. No, the Rockies don't have a future Hall of Famer to call up like Florida did with Miguel Cabrera, but this Colorado club has some nice talent. I love watching Tulowitzki, Spilborghs, Holliday, Francis, Corpas and the rest of the team play. Garrett Atkins has been great since his benching earlier this year. I'd love to see playoff baseball in Colorado for the first time in 12 years.

TheChamp24
08-04-2007, 06:57 PM
Helton looks absolutely lost at the plate. Last night he struck out looking on a fastball that was thrown straight down the middle. In years past Helton would have hit a home run or at least a double; last night he didn't even swing.

At least he's still taking walks and playing good defense so he isn't a total liability.

On another note, I lived in Miami during the Marlins' incredible World Series run in 2003 -- I see many similarities between the '03 Marlins and '07 Rockies. No, the Rockies don't have a future Hall of Famer to call up like Florida did with Miguel Cabrera, but this Colorado club has some nice talent. I love watching Tulowitzki, Spilborghs, Holliday, Francis, Corpas and the rest of the team play. Garrett Atkins has been great since his benching earlier this year. I'd love to see playoff baseball in Colorado for the first time in 12 years.

I do agree with Helton, he just looks confused at times. He still hits it consistently, but he doesn't drive the ball with authority as much. I just think maybe Helton should be moved from the 4 spot in the lineup.

I think the Rockies may be able to surprise some people and get in the playoffs, but the pitching needs to remain solid. Francis, Cook, Hirsh, Jimenez now and Fogg need to pitch very well. The bullpen will get better when Fuentes comes back, but thats still iffy.

TheChamp24
08-04-2007, 07:52 PM
Watching Jimenez pitch for the first time, the kid has some electric stuff. Needs to get some more experience but he could become a decent starting pitcher.

SouthStndJunkie
08-04-2007, 11:36 PM
Barry Bonds just hit #755 to tie Hank Aaron.

OrangeShadow
08-05-2007, 07:13 PM
sox piling it on seattle now, 8-1 in the eigth

elsid13
08-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Like the fact that Sox continue to win seris against tough teams. It does help when more then half the crowd is rooting for you on the road.

OrangeShadow
08-05-2007, 07:18 PM
well tickets at fenway are so tough to come by and so expensive if you do its cheaper for some to travel.

i dont know if your watching the game elsid but after mannys home run will mo held up a white towel manny leaned over with his hands buy his hand making a bull look and charged the towel. it was one of the funniest things ive ever seen

elsid13
08-05-2007, 07:22 PM
well tickets at fenway are so tough to come by and so expensive if you do its cheaper for some to travel.

i dont know if your watching the game elsid but after mannys home run will mo held up a white towel manny leaned over with his hands buy his hand making a bull look and charged the towel. it was one of the funniest things ive ever seen

I get most of games because of the MLB package. I going to the game next weekend in Baltimore. I would have gone to all three but work is interfering with life. My folk are going to two games in Fenway at end of the month.

I saw Manny yesterday doing the same thing. The freaking Seattle play by play guys were laughing thier butts off at Manny on the playing on the bases last night.

WABronco
08-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Delcarmen>Gagne...yes or no Red Sox fans?

SpringStein
08-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Rockies with a 3-3 road trip. Times change when we're disappointed with that.

I'll still continue to claim they are the worst in baseball at driving in runs with runners on 3rd and less than 2 outs. Today, bases loaded an no one out and didn't get the run in.

elsid13
08-05-2007, 07:43 PM

Gagne when he is on is dominate. Manny has very very bright future, he a home town kid that living the ultimate dream.

It fun watching the pitching that Theo has gathered in last couple of years. Especial when you consider the power arms down in the farm system

OrangeShadow
08-05-2007, 07:54 PM

No, gagne is proven and experienced delcarmen is not. yet anyway

24champ
08-06-2007, 04:07 AM
Calijohn must like rats.;D

Rat infestation at Angel Stadium
Orange County health documents show rodent infestation is 13 times that of Petco Park and Dodger Stadium combined.
By GWENDOLYN DRISCOLL
THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

ANAHEIM – Discarded peanut shells, the remnants of hot dog buns, sticky ice cream wrappers and nachos coated with tangerine-colored cheese carpet the stands of Angel Stadium – about 15 tons of garbage on average per game, according to stadium officials.

The refuse can sit out for more than 12 hours before it is collected, a time lag that may help account for the 118 vermin violations that county officials logged at stadium kiosks and restaurants over the last 2 ½ years.

Of those reports, 33 represent “major” violations, in which “rodent activity” was observed by health inspectors in a “critical area” of 18 stadium food venues.

“It should be zero. A restaurant is closed down for these kinds of things,” said Richard Sanchez, the director of environmental health for the county Health Care Agency.

In about the same period, San Diego's Petco Park had two vermin violations and Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles had seven, records show.

In the 412 routine inspections of Angel Stadium food venues conducted by the Health Care Agency since 2005, vermin violations were found 25 percent of the time. Major vermin violations were 33 percent of all major food safety violations found at the stadium. Sanchez said that health inspectors generally see pest-related problems at Orange County restaurants “less than 5 percent of the time.”

“We realize we have an issue at Angel Stadium,” Sanchez said. “We're stepping up enforcement.”

When contacted by the Register, Mike McKay, director of facilities services at Angel Stadium, initially said he was not aware of a vermin problem at Angel Stadium currently and that stadium staff were “doing everything that we can” to keep the stadium clean.

Later, Tim Mead, vice president of communications for the Angels, acknowledged a vermin problem at the stadium but blamed the infestation on heavy rains in 2005 that contributed to an increase in the rodent population.

“There was an increase and that was something we had to combat a bit,” Mead said. “That's a generalization, not an excuse. I'm not here to offer excuses. We're here to strive for perfection.”

Mead said he spoke on behalf of the stadium and for Aramark, the food contractor for stadium restaurants.

The number of vermin violations at the stadium was high enough to prompt a hearing between stadium officials and the Orange County Health Care Agency in March 2006 in which the stadium agreed to step up pest-control efforts.

Specifically, Angel Stadium agreed to begin weekly inspections of all food service areas. Stadium officials said that Aramark would begin daily inspections and cleaning of food service venues. And the stadium's pest-control contractor would double the number of weekly inspections from one to two, according to a “notice of decision” issued by the Health Care Agency on March 29, 2006.

In the notice, a Health Care Agency manager noted that Angel Stadium's past efforts to combat vermin problems “have not been sufficient.”

Mead said last week that the stadium had increased inspections in response to the Health Care Agency hearing.

But vermin violations continue, inspection reports indicate.

So far this year there have been two major incidences of vermin, one forcing the temporary closure of the Angelitos Terrace restaurant, inspection reports show.

Of the total of 118 vermin violations at Angel Stadium since January 2005, 80 occurred after the 2006 hearing with the Health Care Agency. Fifteen of those violations were “major.”

McKay said that the stadium had not implemented a key suggestion of the 2006 hearing: clearing all food and rubbish from the stadium immediately after a game rather than waiting until 6 a.m. the following day.

“We've discussed it,” McKay said. “We haven't followed through on changing the procedure.”

Mead added that stadium management plans to discuss immediate cleaning in the next two months. He said officials would have to examine the financial and logistical costs of cleaning up more promptly but added, “there are some things you do that you just can't worry about total cost.”

“They need to do whatever they need to do to make sure this problem goes away,” Sanchez said. If vermin continue to be spotted, he said “the option of (immediate cleaning) becomes a requirement.”

In 412 random inspections, health inspectors found 1,479 food safety violations at 60 venues in Angel Stadium since 2005, according to the Orange County Health Care Agency. The violations ranged from minor failures, such as employees who did not wash hands, to “major” incidences in which hot water was unavailable or food was improperly handled or refrigerated.

The average of 3.6 violations per inspection is a relatively low number of food safety violations compared to national averages, food safety experts said. Food safety is gauged based on the rate of violations per inspection.

But incidences of vermin were unusually high compared with other stadiums and with estimates made by food safety experts.

“Anaheim Stadium has a statistically significant vermin problem,” said Bill Flynn, vice president of Everclean Services, a private firm that performs food safety inspections for state and county health agencies. “It's not acceptable.”

In an analysis of 1,600 Everclean inspections of restaurants in stadiums, malls and other large venues, Flynn said he saw 65 reports of vermin – or 4 percent of the time. The majority of those were “minor” violations, such as the absence of a door sweep.

Removing those minor violations from the tally brought the total number of serious vermin violations down to 15 out of 1,600 – or less than 1 percent.

“The reason this is such a small number is because vermin is not acceptable by restaurant operators,” Flynn said.

Asked if the stadium's overall low rate of food safety violations paired with its high rate of vermin violations might point to flaws in stadium maintenance practices, Mead responded: “Yes. That's one of the reasons (cleaning up more promptly) was brought up.”

The reason the stadium allows discarded food and unwashed dishes to sit for up to 12 hours after a game is because it has a set maintenance schedule, McKay said. Maintenance crews are scheduled to begin cleaning around 5 a.m. the morning after a game, night or day.

“It's a matter of sanity,” he said. “This group of people get shifted around a lot. It's hard to find people to do that on a consistent basis.”

Ben Coughlin, a spokesman for Petco Park in San Diego, said crews begin cleaning “right away.”

“Once they get all of the fans cleared out, the crew then goes out and begins picking up and cleaning,” he said. “The reason for that is they don't want any debris to be sitting overnight that could attract” vermin.

Lon Rosenberg, vice president of stadium operations for Dodger Stadium, said his cleaning crews “work through the night” to remove refuse after a game.

McKay said refuse left in Angel Stadium by fans was mostly paper and plastic and not food.

But on a recent 6 a.m. tour of the stadium – 12 hours after the end of a day game – Register staff observed nachos, peanuts, melted ice cream and ketchup-stained wrappers, among other edible refuse, lying on the floor of the stands.

In stadium kitchens, including the Diamond Club Kitchen and Bar, dirty dishes and pots were stacked on tabletops and in sinks. Counters were greasy and unwiped. Wilted lettuce and food products were left out on countertops.

“I would consider that a poor practice,” said Terrance Powell, director of Los Angeles County's Department of Environmental Health.

“It's fraught with potential problems,” Powell said. Rodents “are extremely adaptable and successful, and if there's a location where they can rely upon food you're going to attract them.

“I don't think any restaurateur or food service person worth their salt are going to say, ‘Our people just cook and at the end of service we just walk away, we don't do dishes.'

“I would suggest the grounds be cleaned as soon as possible, and I would insist the kitchen is cleaned at the conclusion of food service,” Powell said.

Sanchez noted that stadiums, especially open-air stadiums such as Angel Stadium, Dodger Stadium and Petco Park, “have very unique challenges that other facilities don't have.”

Angel Stadium lies near a river that provides a natural water source for vermin. Dodger Stadium sits in the middle of Elysian Park in Los Angeles.

“Angel Stadium has a higher-than-normal opportunity as it relates to vermin,” Sanchez said.

Everclean's Flynn called this “an excuse.”

“We know how to control vermin. We just have to do it,” he said. “You could have the cleanest restaurant, but … if they're not maintaining the grounds or the stands, it doesn't matter.”

http://www.ocregister.com/news/stadium-food-vermin-1797567-violations-health

TheChamp24
08-06-2007, 06:02 AM
First, congratulations to probably the last 300 game winner for a long, long time in Tom Glavine. Gratz Tommy!

Second, wow, remind me to NEVER buy ANYTHING at a concession stand in Anaheim.

Crowpointer
08-06-2007, 11:33 AM
Hey Seattle keep your Mariner Moose under control. He almost took out Coco riding around in that stupid ATV.

Hogan11
08-06-2007, 11:45 AM
Second, wow, remind me to NEVER buy ANYTHING at a concession stand in Anaheim.

Wow indeed. Totally sealed bags of peanuts, perferably from outside the stadium only.

OrangeShadow
08-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Hey Seattle keep your Mariner Moose under control. He almost took out Coco riding around in that stupid ATV.

Yeah that guys almost as bad as the devil ray bastard

WABronco
08-06-2007, 09:14 PM
Hahahah that was awesome...he almost ran him completely over. He must've been PO'd...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qCmYIUzuJOE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qCmYIUzuJOE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

OrangeShadow
08-06-2007, 11:19 PM
how was that awesome you son of a bitch. How would you like it if ichiro got clipped by an ATV? what if coco had gotten hit worse and gotten injured? would that of been "awesome"?

TheChamp24
08-06-2007, 11:26 PM
how was that awesome you son of a b****. How would you like it if ichiro got clipped by an ATV? what if coco had gotten hit worse and gotten injured? would that of been "awesome"?

Wow, calm down dude. Geez.
To be honest, Coco should've been watching out for the ATV driving by, and the mascot probably shouldn't have been speeding so close to the players.

WABronco
08-07-2007, 12:36 AM
HEY **** YOU OS....****!

Come on dude, just chill. I was being sarcastic. It would've sucked had he really run him completely over. I don't think I have to tell you that it wouldn't be awesome had he been drastically injured, so just take some sedatives and relax.

Ichiro couldn't have possibly been struck like that. He's aware of his surroundings, as if he was in his own matrix. Vidro or WFB would definitely be better victims.

I'll have to ask you to retract the SOB statement though...my mom is neither a female dog or a b****, so that wouldn't make me a SOB in the figurative sense or literal sense.

24champ
08-07-2007, 12:47 AM
Wow, calm down dude. Geez.
To be honest, Coco should've been watching out for the ATV driving by, and the mascot probably shouldn't have been speeding so close to the players.

haha you kidding me? :spit:

Memo to players, watch out for retard mascots in ATV's. There shouldn't be ATV's on the field in the first place, much less mascots driving around the field in one.

TheChamp24
08-07-2007, 02:58 AM
haha you kidding me? :spit:

Memo to players, watch out for retard mascots in ATV's. There shouldn't be ATV's on the field in the first place, much less mascots driving around the field in one.

Well, watching the replay, it looked like Coco wasn't even paying attention. I know that he shouldn't have to, but its not like its hard to hear an ATV coming at you and step back as it rides by.
I agree though that stuff like this shouldn't be going on while there is a game going on. Before when theres nobody on the field, okay.

OrangeShadow
08-07-2007, 06:35 AM
HEY **** YOU OS....****!

Come on dude, just chill. I was being sarcastic. It would've sucked had he really run him completely over. I don't think I have to tell you that it wouldn't be awesome had he been drastically injured, so just take some sedatives and relax.

Ichiro couldn't have possibly been struck like that. He's aware of his surroundings, as if he was in his own matrix. Vidro or WFB would definitely be better victims.

I'll have to ask you to retract the SOB statement though...my mom is neither a female dog or a b****, so that wouldn't make me a SOB in the figurative sense or literal sense.

I dont give a **** whether you were being sarcastic or not i dont think its something you joke about. and im not retracting anything i said becuase i meant every word.

ColoradoBuff
08-07-2007, 10:56 AM
Red Sox fans!! You gotta love to hate them;) j/k

WABronco
08-07-2007, 12:19 PM
Wow, what a surprise, an obnoxious Bostontonian. Fear leads to anger, angers leads to hate, hate leads to...being a Boston Red Sox fan.

Beantown Bronco
08-07-2007, 01:19 PM
Wow, what a surprise, an obnoxious Bostontonian.

Every city has a high percentage of obnoxious people, but for some reason people that have either never been to a place or been there once or twice for a few days insist on stereotyping....I hear the same thing all the time around here either in or around work on on the train about people from Philly, New York, or cities in Cali. And I know that the people that are saying these things have never actually been there themselves, or they just drove through it or had a layover there once. It makes me laugh. Like the people in any other major city are somehow "better" or less obnoxious than others.

We're all losers...

PatsWin2002
08-07-2007, 02:14 PM
We're all losers...

Ha! How true!

Especially those other people, though. :rofl:

WABronco
08-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Oh now I feel bad. There were a-holes at Safeco the last time I went.

I change my mind! I love Bostontonians!

PatsWin2002
08-07-2007, 03:10 PM

I knew you'd come around. :strong:

elsid13
08-07-2007, 05:05 PM

This mean we don't get to beat you with "2 by 4" ;D

OrangeShadow
08-07-2007, 05:32 PM
Wow, what a surprise, an obnoxious Bostontonian. Fear leads to anger, angers leads to hate, hate leads to...being a Boston Red Sox fan.

fear? of what? a Seattle team we just took 2 out of 3 from? Hilarious!

Most of the time i am not a angry or hateful person but i take exception to certain things.
People making jokes of players almost getting hurt is one of them. You're telling me nothing makes you mad? thats hard to believe unless you're ghandi's great,great,great grandson.

All that being said id much rather seattle win the wild card than the yanks ^5

broncsyanks
08-07-2007, 05:42 PM

WAbronco wrote<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Every city has a high percentage of obnoxious people, but for some reason people that have either never been to a place or been there once or twice for a few days insist on stereotyping....I hear the same thing all the time around here either in or around work on on the train about people from Philly, New York, or cities in Cali. And I know that the people that are saying these things have never actually been there themselves, or they just drove through it or had a layover there once. It makes me laugh. Like the people in any other major city are somehow "better" or less obnoxious than others.

We're all losers...

beantown broncos wrote<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1st wabronco that is some classic funny stuff. but beantown is correct. every city has there fair share of idiots who cannot have intelligent converstations and sterotyping. i hear this crap all the time from some of my own fans who are yankee fans and for the few bosox fans that i have met both here and in boston. if somthing would have happened to coco i would have been pissed if i was a sox fan. but it didnt. it wasnt meant as intentional i am sure. why would it be. the moose or the guy that dons the outfit i am sure is all but fired because of it. it should show up on some highlight reels

OrangeShadow
08-07-2007, 05:59 PM
broncsyanks is right, the majority of baseball fans around here, not just yankee or red sox fans are intelligent. Baseball is a awesome game to debate because its so number dependent.

WABronco
08-07-2007, 06:25 PM
fear? of what? a Seattle team we just took 2 out of 3 from? Hilarious!

Most of the time i am not a angry or hateful person but i take exception to certain things.
People making jokes of players almost getting hurt is one of them. You're telling me nothing makes you mad? thats hard to believe unless you're ghandi's great,great,great grandson.

All that being said id much rather seattle win the wild card than the yanks ^5

The thing is though, he didn't get hurt. He even playfully faked throwing his glove at the moose after the little incident. He obviously was taken by surprise, but he seemed to show a little good-natured playfullness after to smooth things over.

Obviously, had his foot been ran over or his knee caps busted, I wouldn't make light of the thing. Obviously, if that had been JD Drew, I'd be on my way to hell for making light of someone's demise.

I wasn't trying to piss anyone off, especially not an arrogant, sawx a-hole such as yourself.:sunshine:

I think what happened was kind of funny, if you or others don't, sorry. I won't make fun of it in public next time, just in my head.

TA TA

Now, if only THE SAWX would just man-up and at least stand-up to those So. Cal whores....

OrangeShadow
08-07-2007, 06:33 PM
if that was JD drew he would of been on the 15 day DL :rofl:

24champ
08-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Now, if only THE SAWX would just man-up and at least stand-up to those So. Cal whores....

I hope your talking about the whores in Anahiem and not LA, you're really trying to piss everyone off in this thread aren't you?Ha!

OrangeShadow
08-07-2007, 06:51 PM
well since seattle is chasing anahiem,YES they are STILL the anahiem angels. well if you guys do you're part and keep the yanks out hopefully we can do ours and beat anahiem

24champ
08-07-2007, 06:53 PM
well since seattle is chasing anahiem,YES they are STILL the anahiem angels. well if you guys do you're part and keep the yanks out hopefully we can do ours and beat anahiem

Hey Orangeshadow, I saw on Sportscenter that Coco has legal options or something against the Mariners and their mascot for that incident.

OrangeShadow
08-07-2007, 06:54 PM
I doubt he'll do anything like that, John Farrel got pisssssssssssed at the moose but coco just laughed it off.

john farrel is the man!

WABronco
08-07-2007, 07:08 PM
I hope your talking about the whores in Anahiem and not LA, you're really trying to piss everyone off in this thread aren't you?Ha!

Either or...

Heh, yes the angels.

TheChamp24
08-07-2007, 10:29 PM
1st and 3rd, nobody out, with Hawpe up. What do the Rockies do? Get nothing out of it.
Hawpe strike out and the ML debut kid grounds into a double play.
GG Rockies, gg

ohiobronco2
08-07-2007, 10:56 PM
Come on Rockies, bases loaded and tied at 3.

ohiobronco2
08-07-2007, 11:46 PM
Alright, another Helton home run. Rocks really putting it to the Brewers now 11-3.

TheChamp24
08-08-2007, 12:01 AM
Helton was amazing completely locked on during his homeruns.
Rockies came on strong to crush the Brew Crew, barring them being able to hold this lead.
Very good sign with Helton though.

TheChamp24
08-08-2007, 03:55 PM
Wow, how bout dem Rockies :)
Up 8-0 in the top of the 3rd right now. Scored 7 in the 2nd, 6 with 2 outs.
On a roll again!

OrangeShadow
08-08-2007, 04:16 PM
lead down to 5 games now in the east. ill admit im a tad bit nervous

Prodigal19
08-08-2007, 04:18 PM
11-0 in the 3rd inning. yikes!

elsid13
08-08-2007, 05:20 PM
lead down to 5 games now in the east. ill admit im a tad bit nervous

I'm not we still have like 7 games with Devil Rays left.

OrangeShadow
08-08-2007, 05:34 PM
I'm not we still have like 7 games with Devil Rays left.

yeah looking at the schedule eases my mind, we play baltimore quite a bit as well and the yanks have a tougher september schedule

Master___Pain
08-08-2007, 06:07 PM
Man...the rockies bats sure do like Brewer pitching

19-4 top of the 9th

36 runs in 3 games. Rox about to be in 3rd all by their selves tonight and are just 3 out of the wild card. Go Rox!!

ohiobronco2
08-08-2007, 07:51 PM
yeah looking at the schedule eases my mind, we play baltimore quite a bit as well and the yanks have a tougher september schedule

I wouldn't worry too much if I were you. Look at who the Yankees have beat since the all star break. They have not played one quality team (K.C., White Sox, Devil Rays, Toronto and Baltimore). If they play well against the Indians, Detroit and the Angels, then I'd begin to worry.

OrangeShadow
08-08-2007, 08:10 PM
yeah thats when i will really worry to. plus the sox never play well on the west coast for some reason

elsid13
08-08-2007, 08:21 PM
yeah thats when i will really worry to. plus the sox never play well on the west coast for some reason

Because of the freaking travel. Especially when you have to go from Boston to Seattle (about 5 Hour plane ride) then down to LA (about 4 hours). That hard trip on the body without playing ball

OrangeShadow
08-08-2007, 08:27 PM
yeah i have a tough time staying up to watch more than a few innings especially on days where i have to work early the next morning.

good news is yanks are down 8-2 early. hope it continues

Breck Bronc
08-08-2007, 09:25 PM
Because of the freaking travel. Especially when you have to go from Boston to Seattle (about 5 Hour plane ride) then down to LA (about 4 hours). That hard trip on the body without playing ballI'm sure West Coast teams that always have to travel far distances feel real sorry for the Red Sox.

Master___Pain
08-09-2007, 11:27 AM
Because of the freaking travel. Especially when you have to go from Boston to Seattle (about 5 Hour plane ride) then down to LA (about 4 hours). That hard trip on the body without playing ball

I hear what you are saying about travel, but LA is not 4 hours from Seattle. More like 2

DomCasual
08-12-2007, 02:14 AM
Well, I guess it's looking like Wild Card or bust for the Rockies. I can't believe the D-Backs have played as well as they have. Still, I'd love to see 85 wins - the wild card would be icing on the cake. Either way, next year looks promising.

It'd be huge for Ubaldo Jimenez to get something going his next start. And it would be great if Franklin Morales could dip his toe in the water before the end of the year. Next year, I would be fine with a rotation of Francis, Cook, Hirsh, and two from Jimenez, Morales, and maybe a guy like Josh Fogg (who has done everything you could ask of him this year).

24champ
08-12-2007, 02:50 AM
Well, I guess it's looking like Wild Card or bust for the Rockies. I can't believe the D-Backs have played as well as they have. Still, I'd love to see 85 wins - the wild card would be icing on the cake. Either way, next year looks promising.

It'd be huge for Ubaldo Jimenez to get something going his next start. And it would be great if Franklin Morales could dip his toe in the water before the end of the year. Next year, I would be fine with a rotation of Francis, Cook, Hirsh, and two from Jimenez, Morales, and maybe a guy like Josh Fogg (who has done everything you could ask of him this year).

Dbags are going to be in the running for the NL West for the next couple years, their farm system is one of the best, if not the best in MLB. Justin Upton is a 19 year old stud who is already playing for the Dbags, has undeniable talent. The Giants are probably going to be in the bottom of the standings for a couple years because their cupboard is bare, though they have a few promising young pitchers. Padres have Peavy and Young as their workhorses, I'm not sold on their farm system as I am with the Diamondbacks and the Dodgers.

As far as now, the NL West is still up for grabs with 46 games left for the Padres, Rockies, Dodgers.

OrangeShadow
08-12-2007, 05:43 AM
Josh Beckett for AL cy young.

elsid13
08-12-2007, 07:58 AM
Josh Beckett for AL cy young.

I was at the game yesterday, it was great - more Red Sox Fans then O's fans. Beckett should have had a complete game shut-out if Willi Mo could freaking play. Bad part is that they had to bring in Paps to get the final out.

SouthStndJunkie
08-12-2007, 01:59 PM
Ordonez homered twice in the 2nd inning today.

Only the second time in Tiger history that a Tiger has done that - the other time was Al Kaline

He is up to 102 RBIs now.

rubaiyat
08-12-2007, 02:42 PM
I hear what you are saying about travel, but LA is not 4 hours from Seattle. More like 2

I'd say 3.

Drek
08-12-2007, 03:29 PM
I'm sure West Coast teams that always have to travel far distances feel real sorry for the Red Sox.

Wah?

AL East teams going on a road stretch v. AL West teams are looking at travel between Seattle, LA, Oakland, and Texas.

AL West teams on the road v. AL East teams are looking at travel between Boston, New York, Toronto, and Baltimore.

Once you get on the east coast you can drive to each divisional team in less total time than it'd take you to fly around the AL West locales.

Sure, the AL West has to make those in region trips regularly, but the MLB scheduling office actually puts some amount of consideration into that. AL East teams heading west get a wonderful smörgåsbord of overnight travel between each series.

I can't remember the last year the Sox weren't given at least one ridiculous AL West/Central flip flopping road stretch.

OrangeShadow
08-12-2007, 05:31 PM
****ing gagne and snyder!! :cuss:

Paladin
08-12-2007, 06:05 PM
ROCKIES WIN!!!!! 6-3

Now the WC swing...... I hope they go at least 4-2.

DomCasual
08-12-2007, 09:44 PM
****ing gagne and snyder!! :cuss:

This has nothing to do with the Red Sox fans we have here on the OrangeMane - you all seem like your great fans. But I would love to see the Yankees catch the Sox. I would have never guessed a team could have made me pull for the Yankees, but I can't stand all the Red Sox bandwagoners that have jumped on the bus since they won the World Series. I can't stand Bill Simmons and his smug (and WAY too frequent) Red Sox/Patriots columns. I can't stand that stupid movie with Drew Barrymore (that HBO seems to play, ad nauseum). In a period of just a few years, I think a lot of people went from really pulling for the Red Sox to really hating them.

OrangeShadow
08-12-2007, 10:19 PM
yeah all the bandwagon fans are quite annoying. I know sox tickets are hard to come by but i doubt there are that many lifelong sox fans across the US.

SouthStndJunkie
08-14-2007, 01:46 AM
DETROIT -- Placido Polanco of the Detroit Tigers set a major league record for second basemen by playing his 144th straight game without an error in a 7-2 loss to the Oakland Athletics on Monday night.

Props to Polanco....an underrated player

OrangeShadow
08-14-2007, 06:31 AM
papelbon absolutley BLEWWWWWWW AWAYYYYYY tampa in the ninth

Drek
08-14-2007, 08:44 AM
DETROIT -- Placido Polanco of the Detroit Tigers set a major league record for second basemen by playing his 144th straight game without an error in a 7-2 loss to the Oakland Athletics on Monday night.

Props to Polanco....an underrated player

A few years back when I still played fantasy baseball I sent my brother Luis Castillo for Utley and Polanco. He was pissed that they were being platooned in Philly. About a week later Polanco got sent to Detroit. Our league played SS, 2B, and MI. I already had Tejada. It was like handing me the trophy.

I love watching Polanco play. He's a 110% effort all the time type of gamer.

SouthStndJunkie
08-14-2007, 10:41 PM
A few years back when I still played fantasy baseball I sent my brother Luis Castillo for Utley and Polanco. He was pissed that they were being platooned in Philly. About a week later Polanco got sent to Detroit. Our league played SS, 2B, and MI. I already had Tejada. It was like handing me the trophy.

I love watching Polanco play. He's a 110% effort all the time type of gamer.

Yep, he is fun to watch play on a daily basis.

SouthStndJunkie
08-14-2007, 10:42 PM
Tigers got a huge win against the Indians tonight.

Maggs with a 3 run bomb in the 10th.

Dude is batting .359 with 22 HRs and 108 RBIs. Throw in 41 doubles.

WABronco
08-14-2007, 10:44 PM
Wow, too bad Seattle didn't send a top spect for that hunk of scrap metal Al Reyes.

I hate it when the manager is so obsessed with veterans that it borders on a harmful-to-the-team-type obsession.

OrangeShadow
08-14-2007, 11:13 PM
rare walk off win for the sox tonight. lester looked as good as he has since last year, gagne with a great 9th to

Paladin
08-16-2007, 06:03 PM
Rockies blown out on Tuesday, but came back to win 3-0 and show that they do indeed belong among the contenders for a playoff spot.......

ColoradoBuff
08-16-2007, 06:10 PM
Ubaldo was absolutely FILTHY last nite.......that was the most movement I have ever seen on a fastball. WOW!!! go rockies!!!!!

TheChamp24
08-17-2007, 12:01 AM
Holy crap, Rockies score 4 in the top of 5th to go up 6-2, but the pitching blows up in the bottom of the 5th, giving up 9 runs now and still going are the Padres.
11-6, this is ridiculous. Affeldt came in relief and never got an out, he was awful, Herges is throwing crap up there.
I wish they could've made a deal for some pitching help because trotting out Elmer Dessens to start? WOW
The relief pitching always makes me cringe too.

EDIT:
Wow, the offense is trying to keep this a game. Score 3 in the top of the 6th, 11-9 game. Hopefully they can scrap 3 more in and hold the Pads offense to nothing to win this one.

SouthStndJunkie
08-17-2007, 06:06 PM
The Tigers called up prize prospect 20 year old OF Cameron Maybin.

OrangeShadow
08-17-2007, 06:42 PM
bucholz had a pretty impressive debut this afternoon

MechanicalBull
08-18-2007, 11:33 AM
Brandon Webb has now thrown 42 straight scoreless innings and 18 innings away from surpassing Orel Hershire's record of 59 scoreless innings. That is still a long way to go.

elsid13
08-18-2007, 11:49 AM
bucholz had a pretty impressive debut this afternoon

To bad Gagne had the exact opposite appearance. They need to figure out what going on and get his delivery fixed.

OrangeShadow
08-18-2007, 05:05 PM
yeah that pissed me off quite a great deal. especially since beckett was fantastic once again.

Bronco LB 59
08-18-2007, 06:20 PM
The Tigers called up prize prospect 20 year old OF Cameron Maybin.

Impressive second game today. Got his first MLB hit on a single to right on a perfectly executed hit-and-run. The homer off Clemens to center in the 5th was a bomb.

Bronco LB 59
08-18-2007, 06:21 PM
Rockies fans

Franklin Morales is making his MLB debut tonight against the Dodgers. Wild southpaw with Ace stuff. Complements a mid-90s fastball with a knee buckling, outpitch curveball.

Paladin
08-18-2007, 06:43 PM
Watching the Broncos. Maybe catch the highlights. Unfortunately, the Rockies are puking away their chances right now. That was an ugly scene in Sandy Eggo, and while the Dudgers are not that good, the good guys couldn't hit.....

WABronco
08-18-2007, 11:21 PM
Impressive second game today. Got his first MLB hit on a single to right on a perfectly executed hit-and-run. The homer off Clemens to center in the 5th was a bomb.

Man, I hope Jeff Clement can turn into at least a 1b/dh type with power.

Maybin-Ichiro-Jones would be one of the best outfields in the league...

Jori
08-18-2007, 11:30 PM
That was an absolutely brutal call by the umps in the Rox in the top of the 5th. Just brutal.

TheChamp24
08-18-2007, 11:42 PM
That was an absolutely brutal call by the umps in the Rox in the top of the 5th. Just brutal.

Damn, missed that, what happened?

Jori
08-18-2007, 11:55 PM
Holliday hits a ball to the center field wall, it hits the center fielder's glove, hits the wall and falls into the center fielder's glove. Initially it was correctly called a hit for Holliday (he ended up on second base), but was over ruled by the ump that was furthest away from the play and Holliday was called out. Hurdle was surprisingly not thrown out after giving the ump a piece of his mind.

TheChamp24
08-19-2007, 12:29 AM
Holliday hits a ball to the center field wall, it hits the center fielder's glove, hits the wall and falls into the center fielder's glove. Initially it was correctly called a hit for Holliday (he ended up on second base), but was over ruled by the ump that was furthest away from the play and Holliday was called out. Hurdle was surprisingly not thrown out after giving the ump a piece of his mind.

Well thats just wonderful. Gotta love umps/refs and their ego's

TheChamp24
08-19-2007, 01:10 AM
Thanks Rockies bullpen for blowing another one...
Although Atkins does play TERRIBLE defense at third...

24champ
08-19-2007, 01:32 AM

Actually the Right fielder got the ball, Kemp. Oh and of course the correct call was made.;D

Jori
08-19-2007, 03:20 AM
Thank you Brad Hawpe!

Not a bad debut for Franklin.

Bronco LB 59
08-19-2007, 04:33 AM
Man, I hope Jeff Clement can turn into at least a 1b/dh type with power.

Maybin-Ichiro-Jones would be one of the best outfields in the league...

I talked to Clement the other day. Good kid. He's never going to be more than an adequate catcher on a part time basis. He has even had trouble being accurate on throws to second after the pitcher warms up between innings. He has a pretty swing, he'll be a 25 HR hitter, but he'll struggle to hit .270.

As you know, Clement was drafted at #3 ahead of Ryan Zimmerman, Ryan Braun and Maybin. I personally think he had the talent to be drafted at #3, but I think the Mariners were foolish to go with a catcher that high. Too many times I have seen bright young catchers such as Sandy Alomar Jr. never live up to their hype because of injuries. From talking to Clement, it sounds like his elbow still bothers him time-to-time. A knee that has been cut on and a nagging elbow is never a good thing for a catcher.

SouthStndJunkie
08-19-2007, 04:50 PM
Johan Santana set a Twins record with 17 strikeouts Sunday in eight innings against the Rangers. Santana had no walks and gave up two hits, both to Sammy Sosa, before Joe Nathan took over in the ninth to close out a 1-0 victory.

TheChamp24
08-19-2007, 07:07 PM
Another night, another blown lead by the Rockies bullpen. That needs to get shored up. I don't know why other people were saying the Rockies would win the West or Wild Card, no way with this pitching staff.

24champ
08-19-2007, 07:27 PM
Another night, another blown lead by the Rockies bullpen. That needs to get shored up. I don't know why other people were saying the Rockies would win the West or Wild Card, no way with this pitching staff.

I hear you, our starting pitching staff is banged up so bad.

Anyway good article on the Dodgers here-

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/jon_heyman/08/17/scoop.friday/index.html

Some other Dodgers people believe they were handicapped by extra high demands that reflected their impressive collection of young prospects and players, who include Kemp -- who some view as a Dave Winfield-type -- Ethier, pitcher Chad Billlingsley, minor-league third baseman Andy LaRoche and minor-league pitcher Jon Meloan. The Dodgers' suspicion is trade partners felt more comfortable getting another organization's top prospect even if, in the Dodgers' estimation, their fifth- or sixth-best prospect may have been just as good. Colletti said they never received an offer that made them even "waver," showing how steadfast they were in their resolve to keep top young talent.

Still, it's hard to second guess them for playing it cautious with top young players such as Kemp, Ethier, Loney and Kershaw, who some view as one of the two or three best pitching prospects in the minors. "They absolutely did the right thing," one competing GM said.

Jori
08-19-2007, 11:26 PM

No doubt; too many injuries at the wrong time. At least the Rockies have been interesting this year.

Breck Bronc
08-19-2007, 11:52 PM
What a devastating loss for the Rockies today. The lingering shot of Todd Helton in the dugout after the game was telling; it will be tough to come back from a blown opportunity like that. However, I thought the Rockies were done after Fuentes blew 4 games on the Toronto/Chicago/Houston road trip. They're a pretty resilient team for being so young.

How about a Francis/Cook/Morales/Jiminez/Hirsch rotation next year? It would be by far the most talented starting 5 the Rockies have ever thrown out there.

The Diamondbacks, Dodgers and Rockies all have a sick group of good young players on their major league rosters right now. The NL West is going to be tough for years to come, it seems.

24champ
08-20-2007, 01:12 AM
The Diamondbacks, Dodgers and Rockies all have a sick group of good young players on their major league rosters right now. The NL West is going to be tough for years to come, it seems.

Yeah I would rank the NL West farm systems like this-

1. Diamondbacks
2. Dodgers
3. Rockies
4. Padres
5. Giants, going to be in the basement for awhile.

Crowpointer
08-20-2007, 11:17 AM
What the heck happened ? I go away for some Vacation time with the family down the Cape and Sox lead gets shrunk to 4. A good omen was that I witnessed the Red Sox (Yarmouth Dennis) win the Cape league. Shadow get the rally cap going.

Paladin
08-20-2007, 11:38 AM
The starters will not really be an issue for the Rockies next year. The issue is going to be the relief pitchers. For one, I hope they lose Julio and Hawkins. Affeldt even got his bum kicked the other evening., Maybe Fuentes would bring a couple of pitchers?

Two areas of decision: Ian or Atkins? Hawpe or whomever? Is Helton good for one more year?

What I am saying is that Julio's blow up yesterday is the last straw for the race......

Going to go see them play the Pirates. I have been a closet Pirates fan since I was 10 when I went to see them play in Pitt on a trip with my folks. Long time ago...

OrangeShadow
08-20-2007, 04:56 PM
What the heck happened ? I go away for some Vacation time with the family down the Cape and Sox lead gets shrunk to 4. A good omen was that I witnessed the Red Sox (Yarmouth Dennis) win the Cape league. Shadow get the rally cap going.

well we are playing tampa and starting wakefield tonight :yayaya:

Paladin
08-22-2007, 01:14 PM
I went to the Pitt-Rockies game and had the pleasure of seeing Stewart hit his first HR and his first Grand Slam!!!

Rockies win 9-2 and are still tied with the Dudgers for third in the Division, and are 2 and a smidgeon out of the playoffs. hurdle finally did the right move and took out Dessen before he got into real trouble, and Buchholz (sp) did a fine job of pitching. Fun game for the Rockies.

Dudgers still have problems with the East Coast swing, and maybe the Rockies will get get a leg up on them over the next couple of days. That would be grand......

SouthStndJunkie
08-22-2007, 08:21 PM
WTF!!

Texas up 30-3 on Baltimore.

OrangeShadow
08-22-2007, 08:32 PM
i was just gonna post about that^ they made a comment about it on NESN

30-3?!!?! WTF

MechanicalBull
08-22-2007, 08:55 PM
I was just going to post the 30-3 score as well. The thing that I find strange is the reliever for Texas got a Save.

OrangeShadow
08-22-2007, 11:01 PM
yeah i heard timmy k. on bball tonight say that.

it was funny cuz his voice kept getting high hahaha

Killericon
08-23-2007, 03:27 AM
Boy, the Texiera trade seems to be working out for everyone, huh?

ohiobronco2
08-27-2007, 11:53 PM
I love that the Yankees got crushed 16-0. Hoping this is the first postseason in a very long time that doesn't include either the Yankees or the Braves.

SouthStndJunkie
08-28-2007, 01:50 AM
I love that the Yankees got crushed 16-0. Hoping this is the first postseason in a very long time that doesn't include either the Yankees or the Braves.

Tigers took 3/4.

Nice to see them get back on track.

SouthStndJunkie
08-28-2007, 01:51 AM
Curtis Granderson might be the most underrated player in baseball.

Plays a great CF.

.291 average

33 doubles

21 triples.....that is insane.

17 home runs (from a leadoff man)

62 RBIs

17/18 stolen bases

OrangeShadow
08-28-2007, 06:25 AM
I literally laughed out loud when i saw the score of the yanks game

MechanicalBull
08-28-2007, 06:56 AM
Mike Mussina is sure making his case to be in the starting rotation down the stretch to help the Yankees try and get into the playoffs. I know he has pitched against the Tigers, Angels, and then Tigers again but his last 3 outings he has pitched 9.2 innings giving up 20 runs and 19 earned runs. Hilarious!

SpringStein
08-28-2007, 08:05 AM
The Fat Lady is starting to warm up the vocal chords for the Rockies.

TheChamp24
08-28-2007, 11:52 AM
Pitching issues and inconsistincy on offense are killing the Rockies.
It does seem like lefties absolutely have their days against the Rocks.

Crowpointer
09-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Clay Buchholz a no hitter in his second major league start !!!!!!!!!!!!!! This kid is going to HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGEE!!!

TheChamp24
09-01-2007, 11:57 PM
Clay Buchholz a no hitter in his second major league start !!!!!!!!!!!!!! This kid is going to HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGEE!!!

I bet thats what Cub fans were thinking of Kerry Wood, and Cardinal fans of Bud Smith and Jose Jimenez.

OrangeShadow
09-02-2007, 12:29 AM
god damn, my parents,sister and her boyfriend were at the game. i missed the whole thing cuz i was at the movies!

SoCalBronco
09-02-2007, 12:38 AM
This is a very LONG season for us White Sox fans. How ya holdin up Steven and B-Love?

DeusExManning
09-02-2007, 02:02 AM
This is the Angels year anyway.

B-Love
09-05-2007, 12:25 AM
This is a very LONG season for us White Sox fans. How ya holdin up Steven and B-Love?

Even harder when you watch the All Star game and there's Carlos Lee in LF for the Astros, Aaron Rowand in CF for the Phils, and Mags in RF for the Tigers.

Our 2004 starting OF was in the All Star game; ugh.

Pods for Carlos looked OK when Scotty Pods could run. If he can't run, he can't be a player. And he just can't run anymore.

Garland with a beauty tonight; he dominates Comerica.

Paladin
09-05-2007, 12:27 AM
The Fat Lady is starting to warm up the vocal chords for the Rockies.

She's sitting down again.....

24champ
09-05-2007, 01:17 AM
Dodgers creeping back up...3 games back on the NL West and Wildcard.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a198/24champbailey/125588_1148140443.jpg

Congrats to Penny on getting win number 15.

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070905/capt.1942f88d03d140c9b3cebe451ad39d1a.dodgers_cubs _baseball_cxc106.jpg

OrangeShadow
09-05-2007, 07:10 AM
Beckett wins number 17 last night :yayaya:

beckett should be the cy young winner, pedroia should win ROY and a gold glove, coco should win a gold glove to

SpringStein
09-05-2007, 08:52 AM
She's sitting down again.....

Yea, the Rockies are hanging in by a thread.

But too little too late I'm afraid.

Drek
09-05-2007, 09:45 AM
I bet thats what Cub fans were thinking of Kerry Wood, and Cardinal fans of Bud Smith and Jose Jimenez.

Big difference. Primarily that the Red Sox organization isn't ran by a bunch of idiots.

Kerry Wood, about 140 IP one year, 180 the next, then 213, 212 at 25 and 26 and flaming out.

Bud Smith went from throwing ~150 innings in the minors to over 190 innings between AAA and MLB his first season, at only 21 years old.

Jose Jimenez went from throwing 90 IP at 22 in rookie ball, to 170 IP the next year, 150, then 200 split between AAA and MLB, followed by 190 in his first season on significant MLB time.

Poster children for how you should not develop a young arm. None quite typify the mismanagement of clubs like Mark Prior though. After throwing ~135 IP in his last two years of college ball he goes pro and throws 166 IPs as a 21 year old, 211 as a 22 year old.

Buchholz? 126 IP in low A and college (with a big breather in between) at 21, 119 in high A and AA at 22, and he just hit 140 IP between AA, AAA, and MLB with his last start. Its basically public knowledge among Red Sox fans that he gets shut down no matter what as soon as he hits 160 IPs this year.

A ton of orthopedists, most notably Dr. James Andrews, have done extensive studies around this. The average human male isn't fully matured until he's 25, if you can keep them healthy up to that point their chances of staying healthy the rest of their career is significantly improved. The best way to do that is to avoid 200 IP seasons, minimize pitch counts, and have a year to year increased workload around 20% (though a baseline of 100 IP is pretty acceptable).

You work your young pitching talent in slowly and you avoid flame outs. If you just throw them as much as possible, as long as possible, you'd be lucky to have the Cubs' rate of success, losing both Mark Prior and Kerry Wood to get one Carlos Zambrano.

TheChamp24
09-05-2007, 01:36 PM
Big difference. Primarily that the Red Sox organization isn't ran by a bunch of idiots.

Kerry Wood, about 140 IP one year, 180 the next, then 213, 212 at 25 and 26 and flaming out.

Bud Smith went from throwing ~150 innings in the minors to over 190 innings between AAA and MLB his first season, at only 21 years old.

Jose Jimenez went from throwing 90 IP at 22 in rookie ball, to 170 IP the next year, 150, then 200 split between AAA and MLB, followed by 190 in his first season on significant MLB time.

Poster children for how you should not develop a young arm. None quite typify the mismanagement of clubs like Mark Prior though. After throwing ~135 IP in his last two years of college ball he goes pro and throws 166 IPs as a 21 year old, 211 as a 22 year old.

Buchholz? 126 IP in low A and college (with a big breather in between) at 21, 119 in high A and AA at 22, and he just hit 140 IP between AA, AAA, and MLB with his last start. Its basically public knowledge among Red Sox fans that he gets shut down no matter what as soon as he hits 160 IPs this year.

A ton of orthopedists, most notably Dr. James Andrews, have done extensive studies around this. The average human male isn't fully matured until he's 25, if you can keep them healthy up to that point their chances of staying healthy the rest of their career is significantly improved. The best way to do that is to avoid 200 IP seasons, minimize pitch counts, and have a year to year increased workload around 20% (though a baseline of 100 IP is pretty acceptable).

You work your young pitching talent in slowly and you avoid flame outs. If you just throw them as much as possible, as long as possible, you'd be lucky to have the Cubs' rate of success, losing both Mark Prior and Kerry Wood to get one Carlos Zambrano.

Oh, I expect the Red Sox not to be as stupid as the Cubs were. And I just threw Jose Jimenez in there because he threw a no hitter against the DBacks, and then 1 hit shutout his next start, which was also against the Dbacks.
Wood and Prior were overworked beyond belief. Wood especially, at such a young age too. Wood and Prior should have a Cy Young or 2 each by now, but their arms are falling apart now.

Paladin
09-05-2007, 01:42 PM
Dodgers creeping back up...3 games back on the NL West and Wildcard.]

And they are only one game ahead of the Rockies.........

Hilarious!

24champ
09-06-2007, 05:54 PM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/1b943f6f-0f71-492d-8d49-33880e106115.jpg

Oreno chinko Swe, cubbies! !Booya!

24champ
09-06-2007, 06:05 PM
And they are only one game ahead of the Rockies.........

Hilarious!

be hilarious if the Dodgers beat out the Rockies for a playoff spot by ONE game wouldn't it?

Poor Poor Rockies...

BMF Bronco
09-06-2007, 06:09 PM
you're not funny!!!!

Bronco LB 59
09-07-2007, 12:17 AM
Ankiel hits two more bombs today to bring his season total to nine. He really is "The Natural".

24champ
09-07-2007, 12:19 AM
Ankiel hits two more bombs today to bring his season total to nine. He really is "The Natural".

http://www.big13.net/Achorman%20photos/Burgandy.jpeg

Go **** yourself San Diego. Ha!

Bronco LB 59
09-07-2007, 12:29 AM
http://www.big13.net/Achorman%20photos/Burgandy.jpeg

Go **** yourself San Diego. Ha!

Didn't you tell me the other day the Dodgers were finished and admitted the Padres would take the division? LOL

24champ
09-07-2007, 12:31 AM
Didn't you tell me the other day the Dodgers were finished and admitted the Padres would take the division? LOL

That was before your two stud starters started falling apart...there is hope man if Young and Peavy keep pitching like crap.Ha!

Bronco LB 59
09-07-2007, 12:33 AM
That was before your two stud starters started falling apart...there is hope man if Young and Peavy keep pitching like crap.Ha!

Young's woes are worrisome, but one bad start doesn't mean Peavy has gone Zambrano on us.

24champ
09-07-2007, 12:39 AM
Young's woes are worrisome, but one bad start doesn't mean Peavy has gone Zambrano on us.

Yeah but Peavy pitched on 3 days rest, understandably so because he did very well vs the Dbags all year. Plus you guys have friggin Bombko now.

Bronco LB 59
09-07-2007, 12:40 AM
Yeah but Peavy pitched on 3 days rest, understandably so because he did very well vs the Dbags all year. Plus you guys have friggin Bombko now.

Bombko will eat up our garbage innings. Dodgers are counting on David Wells to handle a rotation spot with his .320 BAA!

24champ
09-07-2007, 12:43 AM
Bombko will eat up our garbage innings. Dodgers are counting on David Wells to handle a rotation spot with his .320 BAA!

2-11 5.83 ERA, excellent pickup Madres! Hope he starts against us.Ha!

B-Love
09-07-2007, 01:20 AM
ESPN now says Ankiel was on HGH.

Bronco LB 59
09-07-2007, 01:48 AM
ESPN now says Ankiel was on HGH.

I guess I will take back my "Natural" commentLOL

Bronco LB 59
09-07-2007, 02:01 AM
Link to the New York Daily News story on Ankiel's HGH use:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/2007/09/06/2007-09-06_rick_ankiel_received_12month_supply_of_h.html

broncocalijohn
09-07-2007, 02:07 AM
And in news to make Champbailey24 cringe, The Anaheim Angels of Anaheim have just got that much closer to the division pennant and the best record in the American League. The Ducks and now possibly the Angels all in less than 4 months. Suicide watch starts October 1st.
BTW: Garrett Anderson is back to his 1990s and early 2000s by hitting a RBI in 11 consecutive games, an Angels record.

24champ
09-07-2007, 02:41 AM
And in news to make Champbailey24 cringe,

The only thing that makes me cringe are the rats that are running around at Angel Stadium. ;D

Bronco_Beerslug
09-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Link to the New York Daily News story on Ankiel's HGH use:
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/2007/09/06/2007-09-06_rick_ankiel_received_12month_supply_of_h.html

ESPN just announced Major League Baseball wants a meeting with Ankiel.

broncofan2438
09-07-2007, 06:05 PM
C'mon people, its football season, who cares about baseball, just tune in come playoffs, hey 24champbailey, i am a dodgers fan as well, but they suck, the entire west division sucks. Go Broncos

Bronco_Beerslug
09-07-2007, 06:09 PM
C'mon people, its football season, who cares about baseball, just tune in come playoffs, hey 24champbailey, i am a dodgers fan as well, but they suck, the entire west division sucks. Go BroncosGeeeezus, don't open the damn thread if you don't want to read it.

24champ
09-07-2007, 06:37 PM
C'mon people, its football season, who cares about baseball, just tune in come playoffs, hey 24champbailey, i am a dodgers fan as well, but they suck, the entire west division sucks. Go Broncos

Sup man, yeah everyone from our neck of the woods is a Dodger fan, you still in Moorpark dude? By the way this is just the only baseball thread on here, not like people are starting a gazillion baseball threads. It's all good.

Hogan11
09-07-2007, 07:56 PM
I know I'm like the only Pirates fan in the forum..but this is a great day in Bucco land as The Prince of Incompetence, David Littlefield has been fired from the GM position. In short....ding dong the wicked witch is dead!

Look for Jim Tracy to be next.

Here's hoping the Nuttings hire (no longer Nutjobs after this move Buc fans have been crying out for for Years) a baseball guy for the spot and one committed to restoring pride, dignity and winning seasons to the organization.

BTW...by the looks of things, that Tuesday night Dodgers/Rox game in Denver on the 18th is looking like a pretty good game to have tickets for afterall....glad I moved on them.

SouthStndJunkie
09-08-2007, 12:24 AM
Props to Curtis Granderson:

Granderson is just the sixth player since 1900 with at least 20 homers, 20 triples and 20 doubles in one season. George Brett, in 1979 for Kansas City, was the last player to pull off the feat and Willie Mays also did it.

He is also one steal away from 20 steals on the year.

Paladin
09-08-2007, 01:22 AM
Wouldn't it be funny if the Roickies veat out th eDudgers by one game?

Dudgers are getting whipped by the giants tonight? My goodness......

24champ
09-08-2007, 04:31 AM
Wouldn't it be funny if the Roickies veat out th eDudgers by one game?

Dudgers are getting whipped by the giants tonight? My goodness......

Yeah giving the game to the to the Gay Bay Midgets wasn't a good thing since we are pretty close to the wild card chase but you know we've taken 11 straight from them at that s***hole called San Fransisco. I hate the Midgets almost as more than the Raiders, it's a close call.

Tough game to take when the game was in the bag with our usually reliable SS Furcal missing a routine play and our dependable bullpen fell apart. Oh well hopefully the Blue crew will forget about it and move on to the next two games. Still 2 and half back but you have to put away these kind of games if you want to get to the playoffs.

TheChamp24
09-12-2007, 06:39 PM
Man, gotta love how the Rockies keep on hanging in there, but I just don't know if they got it in them to win the wild card.

OrangeShadow
09-12-2007, 06:45 PM
So my bro got me 4 tickets to the sox yanks sunday night! 6 rows behind the sox dugout! !Booya!

lets just say he has connections :strong:

elsid13
09-12-2007, 07:05 PM
So my bro got me 4 tickets to the sox yanks sunday night! 6 rows behind the sox dugout! !Booya!

So when are sending me mine??? (;D)

SpringStein
09-12-2007, 07:08 PM
Rockies (Holliday) just hit into a triple play at Philly in the first.

OrangeShadow
09-12-2007, 07:16 PM
So when are sending me mine??? (;D)

lol, it took quite a bit of persistence on my part to get these

elsid13
09-12-2007, 07:19 PM
lol, it took quite a bit of persistence on my part to get these

Well as long as you're not selling yourself on the street corner for tickets it all good.

TheChamp24
09-12-2007, 07:28 PM
How the hell did Denny Bautista get out of that jam. Bases loaded, nobody out with Ryan Howard up, and he gets out of it with no damage. Unbelievable. I can't believe it.
I was expecting the Phillies to get 3 runs at least of that. Especially the way Bautista threw like 90% Balls.

DomCasual
09-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Rockies 9, Phillies 0

I am really loving this Rockies team. They aren't probably going to sneak in the playoffs, but they have a team that should be able to compete for awhile (if Dan, Dick, and Chuck don't screw it up).

TheChamp24
09-12-2007, 09:02 PM
Amazing the Phillies have been held scoreless. Seriously, Bautista stunk it up. 41 pitches, a whopping 18 for strikes, meaning he threw 23 balls.

I do think they won't get into the playoffs. I just hope they keep this team together and add some pitching help.

OrangeShadow
09-12-2007, 10:36 PM
Woooooohoooooooo Papi Power!!!!

PatsWin2002
09-12-2007, 10:39 PM

He was WAY overdue for one of those. Go look at the Yankees board if you get a chance....they can be very funny.

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?webtag=ml-yankees

OrangeShadow
09-12-2007, 10:42 PM
i knew he was gonna hit that out as soon as saw the pitch get near the plate. it was bullseye in his wheelhouse

Paladin
09-13-2007, 12:23 AM
12-0, Rockies.....

TheChamp24
09-13-2007, 12:53 AM
I was looking at past draft picks by the Rockies and saw this name: Matt Harrington
If anybody doesn't remember him: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Harrington

Can't believe what a waste that was and how stupid that turned out to be. That is why I think if a NFL player were to hold out(say, Jamarcus Russell), they would get drafted lower and receive a smaller contract than what they wanted and be stuck getting paid less.
But seriously, I only know of Harrington because the Rockies drafted him, but I do remember a lot of teams balked at taking him because they knew of his contract demands, but at some point you gotta take the kid with his talent. Idiotic to not accept the offer the Rockies finally ended up giving him. I bet know he's wishing he could turn back the clock and sign on the dotted line with what the Rockies were offering.

DomCasual
09-13-2007, 02:37 AM
I was looking at past draft picks by the Rockies and saw this name: Matt Harrington
If anybody doesn't remember him: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Harrington

Can't believe what a waste that was and how stupid that turned out to be. That is why I think if a NFL player were to hold out(say, Jamarcus Russell), they would get drafted lower and receive a smaller contract than what they wanted and be stuck getting paid less.
But seriously, I only know of Harrington because the Rockies drafted him, but I do remember a lot of teams balked at taking him because they knew of his contract demands, but at some point you gotta take the kid with his talent. Idiotic to not accept the offer the Rockies finally ended up giving him. I bet know he's wishing he could turn back the clock and sign on the dotted line with what the Rockies were offering.

There's a great article I read about Harrington about a year ago. It was long, and it detailed the blunders on Harrington's side and the side of the Rockies. I believe he could have been a fine pitcher, but he just lost too much sitting out. I thought that Hochevar kid made the same mistake the first year he was drafted. He went back in the next draft and was taken number one overall. So I guess it isn't always bad.

TheChamp24
09-13-2007, 02:47 AM
There's a great article I read about Harrington about a year ago. It was long, and it detailed the blunders on Harrington's side and the side of the Rockies. I believe he could have been a fine pitcher, but he just lost too much sitting out. I thought that Hochevar kid made the same mistake the first year he was drafted. He went back in the next draft and was taken number one overall. So I guess it isn't always bad.

Well, I don't know why they wouldn't accept the Rockies final offer of $4 mil with a guaranteed callup by the end of 2002. In a way, I hope the kid received some money from that agent who tried to get $5 mil in guaranteed money and told Matt and his parents anything less wouldn't be acceptable. But also, at some point you gotta say "Hey, this is a lot of money and I'm confident in my stuff as a pitcher and know I'll be good and in the bigs no time and can make more money later."
I wonder how much he makes playing Independent baseball. Can't be too much, and I don't think he's gone to college, so really, he has nothing to fall back on except play minor league baseball with the hope of some team signing him.

24champ
09-13-2007, 03:10 AM

Hochevar was originally drafted by the Dodgers, but he was a greedy kid so the Dodgers let him go and Hochevar got picked by the freaking Royals. Anyway we have Kershaw who can be considered the best pitching prospect in the minors. 19 yr old playing in AA. Expecting great things from him in the future.

24champ
09-13-2007, 03:17 AM
Speaking of Kershaw...

Padres pitcher Chris Young has insights into highly touted pitching prospect Clayton Kershaw, a 19-year-old left-hander who reached Double-A with the Dodgers this summer. Young and Kershaw attended the same high school in Dallas, and this past offseason they played catch regularly with one another.

“You learn more from playing catch with somebody than you do from watching him pitch from the side,” Young said. “His arm is literally electric.”

Young has played catch regularly with major leaguer pitchers, but he said of Kershaw: “I have never played catch with anybody whose arm is as fast and flowing as his. That's amazing. I wish he was in our organization. I think we'll see him next year.”

Young said Kershaw's drive to succeed also impressed him. “He is all questions with me,” Young said. “It was fun. He just wants to learn and cares about getting better.”

Basically saying that Kershaw's arm is better than Peavy's.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/padres/20070912-9999-1s12padnotes.html

broncocalijohn
09-13-2007, 03:49 AM

Tough to pass the Red Sox when they play the crappiest bottom dwellers in the league. I guess it will probably be the MIghty Angels of anaheim vs the Yankees and then the Injuns vs the Sox. Gotta pray for the Indians to take down the Sox because of the ownership the SOx have over the Angels. I still cringe over Washburn coming out of the bullpen to give up that tasty HR. Oh, I love the playoffs.

Bronco LB 59
09-13-2007, 03:56 AM

The difference being, Hochevar was a college pitcher from the competitive baseball conference of the SEC and Harrington was drafted out of high school. Hochevar probably would have been top ten in the 2005 First-Year Player Draft, but teams passed on him because he hired Scott Boras and he dropped to 40th overall. Being a mature college hurler, Hochevar wasn't going to lose a whole lot by sitting out, especially when he was overpowering Indy hitters and throwing mid-90s on the gun.

High school pitchers are a different animal. They are riskier propositions because they are more prone to arm injuries. They are pretty much hit-or-miss and there's a huge laundry list of failed 1st round hurlers out of HS.

In baseball, 18-to-20 is a huge difference in dog years. If the scouts see Harrington throwing 5 MPH slower and he's two years older, what he showed as a teenager matters less and less to them. The chance Harrington would have been anything are quite small and him not signing with the Rockies was actually a good thing for the franchise.

Crowpointer
09-13-2007, 10:43 AM

This is one time your dislike for the Pats has paid off. I'm guessing the connection has got prior obligations in Foxboro that night. Good for you.

Paladin
09-13-2007, 12:19 PM
Talk about pitching prospects, how about Jemeniz and Morales of the Rockies? I don't believe the Dudgers are the only team with good pitching prospects that are either in or from the minors.....

That sounds like a homer remark, and to an extent it is. But other people have said the same thing. Given the position players and the pitching possibilities of the Rockies, I think the NLW can be a very competitive division for the four teams next year and beyond.

elsid13
09-13-2007, 05:54 PM
Red Sox/Yankees and Broncos/Raider - I ain't doing mcuh this weekend.......

24champ
09-13-2007, 06:33 PM
Talk about pitching prospects, how about Jemeniz and Morales of the Rockies? I don't believe the Dudgers are the only team with good pitching prospects that are either in or from the minors.....

That sounds like a homer remark, and to an extent it is. But other people have said the same thing. Given the position players and the pitching possibilities of the Rockies, I think the NLW can be a very competitive division for the four teams next year and beyond.

True can be said for 3 teams in the division. I would count out the Giants, they really have no young position players in the cupboard, yet they have some very good young pitchers. They hope to build on that but everyone else in the division is already a step or two in front of them. I think they will be in the cellar for quite a while. Sure the Rockies have a bunch of young talent, the only question is if their pathetic ownership is going to re-sign these guys. I'd hate to see Holiday (A Scott Boras client btw) on the Giants who have no problem shelling out money, especially if B*nds is gone.

24champ
09-14-2007, 12:59 AM
Well don't look now...Dodgers 1.5 back of the WC!

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070914/capt.1015b3c6e56040b7a87468eec3759ed7.padres_dodge rs_baseball_lad106.jpg

PS Madre fans, thanks for giving up on Wells.;D

BMF Bronco
09-14-2007, 12:45 PM
Ohhhhh doggy, this is going to be a very interesting weekend for baseball. Dodgers/Diamondbacks, Padres/Giants, Phillies/Mets, and the Rox against Florida. Can be a huge factor in the wildcard chase, hell even the NL west chase!!!

oh and just for some info purposes, the Rox have won as many this year as they did all last year!

24champ
09-14-2007, 05:05 PM
For OrangeShadow and the rest of his Boston friends.:spit:

http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/1236/soxdance3kg2.gif

TheChamp24
09-14-2007, 07:29 PM
Okay, who saw Alfonseca's blatant throw to the head of Todd Helton? Just saw it today and wow, I'm glad he got suspended for that. Helton acted kinda weird though, like trying to step back first before going down. Pissed at Alfonseca though, almost broke Helton's pretty face!

elsid13
09-14-2007, 07:29 PM
For OrangeShadow and the rest of his Boston friends.:spit:

http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/1236/soxdance3kg2.gif

WFT?

TheChamp24
09-14-2007, 10:14 PM
OH MAN! Gotta love Jamey Carroll! Smallest guy on the field and freakin takes out the catcher! God damn that was awesome! Ian Gold should take lessons from Jamey there!

24champ
09-15-2007, 02:21 AM
WFT?

Cmon that's not funny? I love Dice-K there bobbing his head.Ha!

24champ
09-15-2007, 02:24 AM
Dodgers win again tonight...

"manumashta saitosan!"
- Vin Scully

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/2c/fullj.getty-73396748sd020_san_diego_pad.jpg

elsid13
09-15-2007, 09:04 AM
Cmon that's not funny? I love Dice-K there bobbing his head.Ha!

Oh it interesting especially with NESN field reporter _the women. I just pissed at the freaking sox after the collapse last night

phillybroncosnut
09-16-2007, 06:02 PM
METS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

To bad the Phillies can't play them 15 more times this year. Phils have taken 8 in a row including a 4 game sweep in Philliy and a 3 game sweep completed at Shea today. The Phils have swept back to back series at Shea this season.
Couldn't happen to a bigger bunch of scum bag Met Fans!

TheChamp24
09-18-2007, 11:39 PM
Rockies sweep the doubleheader against the Dodgers today. Francis with an amazing performance in the first game, and then the rally in the 2nd game that ended on Todd Helton's walk off homerun. What a clutch hit that was against Saito.
Tied with the Dodgers now, hopefully the Pirates can come back and beat the Padres.

Paladin
09-18-2007, 11:52 PM
Go Rockies!!!!

What a game! What a day!!!

Paladin
09-19-2007, 06:17 PM
Did/could the Rockies knock the Dudgers out of the Playoffs?

Stay tuned........

Master___Pain
09-19-2007, 09:06 PM
Matt Holliday for NL MVP.

That is all.

TheChamp24
09-19-2007, 09:41 PM
Holliday better get some freakin attention for NL MVP.
And man, Fogg, don't screw this game up!

24champ
09-19-2007, 11:24 PM
Did/could the Rockies knock the Dudgers out of the Playoffs?

Stay tuned........

Yes the Rockies did. I got a text message from my dodger buddy last night that summed it up perfectly.

"It's over"

Anyway cue the A-Rod/ Andrew Jones to LA rumors please...

Paladin
09-19-2007, 11:37 PM
Why? Maybe they'd rather come to Denver.....

TheChamp24
09-19-2007, 11:39 PM
Rockies need to take care of their own players before they get others, and they don't need offensive help(ARod or Andruw), they need pitching help.
Maybe if they trade away Atkins for pitching help and sign ARod that would work...

Dukes
09-19-2007, 11:44 PM

Not with the Montforts in charge. :cuss:

24champ
09-19-2007, 11:46 PM

They don't play for peanuts, which is apparently what a Rockies player makes these days because of their cheap ass owner. You think the Monforts are going to keep your MVP candidate in Holliday around for much longer? With Boras as his agent?ha. Atkins has one foot out the door already but thats because of Ian Stewart.

Paladin
09-19-2007, 11:52 PM
We can pray.......

Ain't disagreeing with you, but besides that, Denver is a nice place to play ball.....

Sassy
09-19-2007, 11:56 PM
Hat's off to the Rockies for their game Tuesday night...a hell of a way for our "weekend" in Denver to end...Helton with a 2 run HR in the bottom of 9 with two outs for the win...gee, some other team seemed to play that way this past weekend too...wonder who that was ? ;D

24champ
09-20-2007, 12:04 AM
We can pray.......

Ain't disagreeing with you, but besides that, Denver is a nice place to play ball.....

You can pray till the cows come home but it ain't happening until the Monforts sell the club to another owner. I think it would be interesting if Mark Cuban was the owner of the Rockies. Rockies have everything in place for a nice run over a span of 5-6 years, maybe more but obviously the only thing holding that back is the inept ownership.

DomCasual
09-20-2007, 12:15 AM
I'd be happy at this point with the Rockies coming back next year with the exact same club they had this year, with just a few exceptions.

I'd be pretty comfortable with a rotation of Francis, Cook, Jimenez, Hirsh, and Josh Fogg. I don't know what they're intentions are with Fogg, but I would hope they'd want to work something out to bring him back. He's done everything they've asked of him, and he's been huge the last month. Morales could be ready, too. I just worry about relying too much on a guy that really hasn't even spent time in AAA. Plus, there are going to be injuries, so he'll get his chance there. Rodrigo Lopez might fit in there somewhere, too. I'm not sure what his contract situation is.

They need a few arms in the bullpen, for sure. I'm pretty comfortable with Corpas closing. It would be great to get value for Fuentes in a trade, but that seems pretty unlikely with the way he pitched this year. If he is around next year, he could be an asset. It's hard not to dream about where we'd be if he hadn't blown four saves in a week. That's almost unforgivable.

Anyone read the blurb about trying Ian Stewart out at 2nd Base in the Arizona Instructional League this winter? That would work great, if he could pull it off. It seems pretty unlikely, though. They've got to figure out what they're going to do at 2nd and CF.

The bottom line is that this team is growing from week to week. Next year, a small improvement puts them at 90 - 95 wins, which gets them into the postseason. It's going to be fun this winter to actually look forward to next season with real expectations.

TheChamp24
09-20-2007, 12:46 AM
I'd be happy at this point with the Rockies coming back next year with the exact same club they had this year, with just a few exceptions.

I'd be pretty comfortable with a rotation of Francis, Cook, Jimenez, Hirsh, and Josh Fogg. I don't know what they're intentions are with Fogg, but I would hope they'd want to work something out to bring him back. He's done everything they've asked of him, and he's been huge the last month. Morales could be ready, too. I just worry about relying too much on a guy that really hasn't even spent time in AAA. Plus, there are going to be injuries, so he'll get his chance there. Rodrigo Lopez might fit in there somewhere, too. I'm not sure what his contract situation is.

They need a few arms in the bullpen, for sure. I'm pretty comfortable with Corpas closing. It would be great to get value for Fuentes in a trade, but that seems pretty unlikely with the way he pitched this year. If he is around next year, he could be an asset. It's hard not to dream about where we'd be if he hadn't blown four saves in a week. That's almost unforgivable.

Anyone read the blurb about trying Ian Stewart out at 2nd Base in the Arizona Instructional League this winter? That would work great, if he could pull it off. It seems pretty unlikely, though. They've got to figure out what they're going to do at 2nd and CF.

The bottom line is that this team is growing from week to week. Next year, a small improvement puts them at 90 - 95 wins, which gets them into the postseason. It's going to be fun this winter to actually look forward to next season with real expectations.

I like Francis, Cook, and Hirsh. Morales and Jimenez have the chance to be good. Jimenez needs to work on his control though. I think we need to acquire another solid starter and bullpen help. We should keep Fuentes and have him be the setup/lefty specialist.
CF, I think if Taveras can stay healthy he'll be good there. Heck, Spilborghs could be good there.
2B I agree with because I'd like someone a little better than Matsui. However, Matsui provides the Rockies with some speed at the top of the lineup. WHich is why I liked Taveras and Matsui at the top, however, I believe Tulowitzki is a perfect #2 hitter right now. I think having him hit #7, which is where he hit for a majority of the year, was a waste. I would like this lineup for next year(based on no trades made):
1. Willy Taveras - CF
2. Troy Tulowitzki - SS
3. Matt Holliday - LF
4. Garrett Atkins - 3B
5. Todd Helton - 1B
6. Brad Hawpe - RF
7. Kaz Matsui - 2B
8. Yorvit Torrealba/Chris Iannetta - C

Hopefully Iannetta can mature and start hitting next year to take over full responsibilities, although Yorvit did awesome this year IMO.
Pitching, if we don't have any trades:
1. Jeff Francis
2. Aaron Cook
3. Jason Hirsh
4. Franklin Morales
5. Ubaldo Jimenez
If Morales or Jimenez don't work, then Lopez and Fogg in that order. I think Morales is a lot better and will be more ready than Jimenez.
I think we would have a solid 1-2 combo(barring injuries), but after that is quesiton marks again because I don't know if I'd like Hirsh at #3, plus Morales and Jimenez are "unproven". I'd like for the Rockies to go out and get a proven, solid #2 or #3 guy. That would help out dramatically.
And, the bullpen needs a couple guys. It makes me cringe seeing anybody but Corpas and Fuentes really come in.

Paladin
09-20-2007, 01:30 AM
Agreed. And for heavens sake, get rid of Julio and Hawkins. Those two guys cost the Rockies the playoffs.....

Bronco LB 59
09-20-2007, 01:56 AM
It is not over yet. Rockies play a three game series this weekend against the Padres. They need a sweep, but here's their chance to show what they got with survival at stake.

Natedog24
09-20-2007, 02:56 AM
Yes the Rockies did. I got a text message from my dodger buddy last night that summed it up perfectly.

"It's over"

Anyway cue the A-Rod/ Andrew Jones to LA rumors please...

Would be a HUGE improvement over last off season. Jason Schmidt, Randy Wolf and Juan Pierre what amazing moves LA made ugh!~.

Luckily however, all of the Dodgers young up and coming players are still wearing blue as of now and LA didn't do something stupid like deal away Loney, Kemp or Billingsley at the trade deadline.

24champ
09-20-2007, 04:35 AM
Would be a HUGE improvement over last off season. Jason Schmidt, Randy Wolf and Juan Pierre what amazing moves LA made ugh!~.

Luckily however, all of the Dodgers young up and coming players are still wearing blue as of now and LA didn't do something stupid like deal away Loney, Kemp or Billingsley at the trade deadline.

Here is what I would do if I were the Dodgers. I would first of try and get "Juan for five" traded this offseason to someone that needs a leadoff hitter for bullpen help, preferably a long reliever.Then go after Andruw Jones to solidify the outfield, having Ethier, Jones, Kemp would make for one of the best outfields in baseball. Not much we can do with the starting pitching, gonna have to pray Schmidt gets back to form after his rehab. Wolf might be coming back. Bullpen might need some tweaking, I know they are working on bringing Saito back for another year so thats good.

Not sure what is going to happen to Kent, he will be back on the team but he might retire. If he does that frees up 9 million from our payroll and probably use that for ARod/Jones. Problem with these big name FAs though is that the dough is going to be insane, more insane than last year. Andruw Jones is going to command somewhere between 20-25 million. We got a lot of young guys coming up as well too many names to rattle off but we have a young club right now. If pitching stays healthy, add a nice bat like Jones and add that with our talented young position players. We'll be a dangerous team. I'm still skeptical about the ownership, they are committed to building a good team but I want to see them start being serious about a title run.

Crowpointer
09-20-2007, 08:47 AM
1 1/2 games up. Settling for the wildcard this late shows no pride. Getting em going Francona !! Papi needs to call Manny aside and tell him a professional athlete is supposed to play in a pain. Papi's been playing in pain all season.

Paladin
09-20-2007, 03:52 PM
Kicking Dudger butt. Rockies up 6-0. WHOOOO HOOOO!!!!

BMF Bronco
09-20-2007, 04:21 PM
damn the rox are doing good but need a ton of help to get us in. Playing heads up with the Padres could definitely help our cause next week.

Master___Pain
09-20-2007, 04:28 PM
Some please explain how talking heads like Tim Kurklian, Buster Olney, etc keeping dismissing Matt Holliday as an NL MVP candidate?

Not only is a he a candidate, he should be the front runner. He hit another bomb today and is leading the NL in 5 offensive categories (Hits, BA, Doubles, RBI, TB)
He's carried the Rockies these last few weeks on his back. I'm dumbfounded that he's not getting more love nationally.

Master___Pain
09-20-2007, 04:30 PM
1 1/2 games up. Settling for the wildcard this late shows no pride. Getting em going Francona !! Papi needs to call Manny aside and tell him a professional athlete is supposed to play in a pain. Papi's been playing in pain all season.

Yeah, I'd say it's time press that panic button. The sawks are in trouble of having another epic late season melt down.

BMF Bronco
09-20-2007, 04:45 PM
Some please explain how talking heads like Tim Kurklian, Buster Olney, etc keeping dismissing Matt Holliday as an NL MVP candidate?

Not only is a he a candidate, he should be the front runner. He hit another bomb today and is leading the NL in 5 offensive categories (Hits, BA, Doubles, RBI, TB)
He's carried the Rockies these last few weeks on his back. I'm dumbfounded that he's not getting more love nationally.

1. Because we're the Rockies
2. Because we're west of the Mighty MO
3. Because he's relatively new to the limelight and they're afraid to go out on a limb.-and-
4. We're still considered a minor league team to them.

elsid13
09-20-2007, 05:41 PM

The killer is the bullpen has decided in the last week to pack it in. ****ing Canadian is pissing me off, thank god it is a one year deal.

OrangeShadow
09-20-2007, 05:52 PM
yeah this recent stretch is pissing me off

Master___Pain
09-20-2007, 05:56 PM

So, to you seem heads on the East coast, what's your take on Holliday? If not Holliday, then who's the NL MVP?

BMF Bronco
09-20-2007, 06:03 PM
4-game sweep of the duggers

24champ
09-20-2007, 06:05 PM
So, to you seem heads on the East coast, what's your take on Holliday? If not Holliday, then who's the NL MVP?

Prince Fielder, Pujols, Jimmy Rollins, Utely, Wright etc. I would say the nod goes to Prince. If Holliday wins the MVP, then he won't be a rox player for long.

24champ
09-20-2007, 06:06 PM
4-game sweep of the duggers

Hope we lose the rest of our games, Grady Little is a ****ing idiot.

BMF Bronco
09-20-2007, 06:09 PM
Prince Fielder, Pujols, Jimmy Rollins, Utely, Wright etc. I would say the nod goes to Prince. If Holliday wins the MVP, then he won't be a rox player for long.

Prince is leading in homers and that's it. Look at the scorable batting stats overall, Holliday is leading!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/batting?league=nl

BMF Bronco
09-20-2007, 06:11 PM
Hope we lose the rest of our games, Grady Little is a ****ing idiot.

nah, you finish with San Fran, you'll win at least two of those three.

Master___Pain
09-20-2007, 06:15 PM

Yeah, I know those are the names, but you can't tell me any them has had a better season that Holliday.

Paladin
09-20-2007, 06:19 PM
9-4.

First four game sweep of teh Dudgers since 1992. The Losses to teh Marlins and the Pirates absolutely killed the Rockies after they seemed to have recovered from the 1-9 road trip. The Rockies will not make the playoffs, I'm afraid, but if the Monfort's could keep this team together, the Rockies could be a contender with some pitching help.....

The freaking Monforts should sell out to someone who wants to win......

The Monforts are the Bill Bidwell of Baseball.....

RhymesayersDU
09-20-2007, 06:27 PM
Rockies are going to have a winning season, pretty damn cool.

24champ
09-20-2007, 06:34 PM
Yeah, I know those are the names, but you can't tell me any them has had a better season that Holliday.

No you are right, but I think the fact the Rockies are probably not going to the playoffs will put a dent in his chances. I wouldn't be surprised either if Wright or Prince gets it simply because they are media darlings.

Master___Pain
09-20-2007, 06:40 PM
No you are right, but I think the fact the Rockies are probably not going to the playoffs will put a dent in his chances. I wouldn't be surprised either if Wright or Prince gets it simply because they are media darlings.

I guess that's my point. The only real candidate that on a probable division winner looks to be Wright, and if he's not in NY, he'd not be getting any run.

The MVP

BMF Bronco
09-20-2007, 07:00 PM
I guess that's my point. The only real candidate that on a probable division winner looks to be Wright, and if he's not in NY, he'd not be getting any run.

The MVP

I am going to steal that pic if you don't mind MP

Master___Pain
09-20-2007, 07:02 PM
I am going to steal that pic if you don't mind MP

Have at it.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m136/Master___Pain/MVPHolliday.jpg
You can copy the link on this one if you want