PDA

View Full Version : General Baseball Thread 2007

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22

BMF Bronco
10-07-2007, 02:35 AM
ugh, don't give Monfort the credit, give it to O'dowd, hurdle and the players

TheChamp24
10-07-2007, 02:39 AM
Good lord, I just read http://www.philaphans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61672&page=97 like the past 15 pages. What a bunch of dicks.
Especially how "undeserving Colorado is" and how Denver has the worst fans.
F U Philly

Bronco LB 59
10-07-2007, 02:39 AM
Since your more baseball savy than me, is there anyone on the snakes still left over from that Dbag WS team?

Randy Johnson is the lone guy and he's on the 60-day DL.

When Arizona parted ways with Luis Gonzalez and Craig Counsell last year, it was an end of the era. They changed their logo and uniforms to give their youth movement their own identity.

TheChamp24
10-07-2007, 02:41 AM
Screw the Philly fans, especially over http://www.philaphans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61672&page=97
Denver a crappy fan city?
Undeserving?
Rockies didn't impress?
Yeah, screw you guys, Rockies are going to win the World Series.

spdirty
10-07-2007, 02:44 AM
Screw the Philly fans, especially over http://www.philaphans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61672&page=97
Denver a crappy fan city?
Undeserving?
Rockies didn't impress?
Yeah, screw you guys, Rockies are going to win the World Series.

When the Iggles came to town in '05, Philly's fans became the ones I now hate the worst. Choakland fans have almost become the unlovable losers and I never see KC fans here. They were just annoying and rude as hell.

This couldn't have happened to a nicer group of people.

maven
10-07-2007, 02:46 AM
Ahh, fat jokes, good one bud! I am secure with who I am, so talk on buddy, as your daddy must have made you the insecure little gnat in one way or another, but we'll leave that one alone. So please elaborate on how I "fell" by pointing out that you're a douchebag. Which in all actuality was an exercise in futility, as everyone has figured that on their own through your brilliant posts.

D&D, come on, you know that you have your 28 sided die still hanging from your mirror in your pinto.

28 sided die? Please elaborate. I've never played the game. Since you have knowledge of the game, do tell. And if you do, you're in denial of one's self.

So you need others opinions to reaffirm yours? What, your opinion isn't good enough? Your own thoughs are not enough, and must include others when thinking of an opinion or reasurring one's self opinion? WOW!

You are nothing but text. You talk a big game, but you're a damn wuss.

24champ
10-07-2007, 02:47 AM
Randy Johnson is the lone guy and he's on the 60-day DL.

When Arizona parted ways with Luis Gonzalez and Craig Counsell last year, it was an end of the era. They changed their logo and uniforms to give their youth movement their own identity.

Wow, all gone eh?Yeah I am really impressed with their youth movement. Kinda scary to think of them 3-4 years down the road. Upton and Drew are pretty impressive, particularly with Upton because he is only 20 yrs old. Not to mention Chris Young who did very well this season and I had him on my fantasy team. Can you believe Young is the first rookie in history to hit 30 HR, steal 25 bags as a rookie, unreal.

smalltowngrll
10-07-2007, 02:50 AM
Go D'backs go!! I got my bets on.... sorry Rox fans! ;D

Dukes
10-07-2007, 02:52 AM
Oh no you didn't smalltown girl!

BMF Bronco
10-07-2007, 02:52 AM
28 sided die? Please elaborate. I've never played the game. Since you have knowledge of the game, do tell. And if you do, you're in denial of one's self.

So you need others opinions to reaffirm yours? What, your opinion isn't good enough? Your own thoughs are not enough, and must include others when thinking of an opinion or reasurring one's self opinion? WOW!

You are nothing but text. You talk a big game, but you're a damn wuss.

Man, you're killing me here. Hmm, I need others to reaffirm my beliefs or opinions? Not so much, it's just more than coincidental that everyone else here knows you're a little douche too. There is no reaffirming, nor is there any solace I take in it. It's like the wonderful democracy in which we live, you're decidedly a moron, voted on by the majority of folks here, thus it has come to pass.

And lastly sally, I am not just text, nor am I going to continue this bitch-fest, as internet arguing is just like when you won the Gold in the Special Olympics.

TheDave
10-07-2007, 02:53 AM
Good for the fans... With this ownership i never thought this could happen. Real nice to see how exited everyone is. :Thumbs:

TheChamp24
10-07-2007, 02:54 AM
Wow, all gone eh?Yeah I am really impressed with their youth movement. Kinda scary to think of them 3-4 years down the road. Upton and Drew are pretty impressive, particularly with Upton because he is only 20 yrs old. Not to mention Chris Young who did very well this season and I had him on my fantasy team. Can you believe Young is the first rookie in history to hit 30 HR, steal 25 bags as a rookie, unreal.

I love a leadoff hitter hitting below .237 and an OBP below .300. Hell, he struck out 141 times and had 135 hits. Kid still has some learning to do...

Bronco LB 59
10-07-2007, 02:55 AM

It's amazing how the D-Backs have thrown the kids to the fire and they continue to exceed expectations. They act like they don't even miss Big Unit or O-Dawg and those are two huge losses.

Starting 3B Chad Tracy has missed for most of the year. He hit 27 HR for them two years ago batting .308 for the D-Backs. Tracy gets hurt and they bring up little known Mark Reynolds straight up from Double-A Mobile. He wasn't even ready for the bigs and he steps up and smacks 17 round-trippers as a rookie.

smalltowngrll
10-07-2007, 02:56 AM
Enjoy it now..next you have MY team...the Diamondbacks! ;D This should be so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL ROFL!

BMF Bronco
10-07-2007, 02:57 AM
bets?

Dukes
10-07-2007, 03:03 AM
Enjoy it now..next you have MY team...the Diamondbacks! ;D This should be so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL ROFL!

If Webb doesn't win you game 1, the series is OVER! :wave:

24champ
10-07-2007, 03:07 AM
It's amazing how the D-Backs have thrown the kids to the fire and they continue to exceed expectations. They act like they don't even miss Big Unit or O-Dawg and those are two huge losses.

Starting 3B Chad Tracy has missed for most of the year. He hit 27 HR for them two years ago batting .308 for the D-Backs. Tracy gets hurt and they bring up little known Mark Reynolds straight up from Double-A Mobile. He wasn't even ready for the bigs and he steps up and smacks 17 round-trippers as a rookie.

Yeah it's crazy, these Kids are going to light it up for awhile. Seems that the Diamondbacks fielded the same type of team the Dodgers did by mixing the youth with the right veterans. I read somewhere that entering spring training that the Diamondbacks featured a major league-high 15 homegrown players on their 25-man roster, built by good drafting and development of talent. Funny that they had to start this way because of the pricey free agents they had brought in for the World Series are still costing them money something like $270 million in deferred contracts.

Bronco LB 59
10-07-2007, 03:07 AM
I love a leadoff hitter hitting below .237 and an OBP below .300. Hell, he struck out 141 times and had 135 hits. Kid still has some learning to do...

Young also slugged .509 with 19 HR and 18 SB during the second half. No doubt he has his downsides, but he makes up for it with his other exceptional skills.

I would take him over Ryan Spilborghs and Cory Sullivan in a heartbeat.

maven
10-07-2007, 03:10 AM
Man, you're killing me here. Hmm, I need others to reaffirm my beliefs or opinions? Not so much, it's just more than coincidental that everyone else here knows you're a little douche too. There is no reaffirming, nor is there any solace I take in it. It's like the wonderful democracy in which we live, you're decidedly a moron, voted on by the majority of folks here, thus it has come to pass.

And lastly sally, I am not just text, nor am I going to continue this b****-fest, as internet arguing is just like when you won the Gold in the Special Olympics.

You do. You're the idiot that chimes in with a stupid remark Either posters
disagree or not, your azz comes out of nowhere. Hell, you are the idiot that wants to further this discussion offline & confrontation. Cut back on the drugs, and that includes booze.

Ahh, the old special olympics remark. Way to puss out just like always.

You are the one who continues the b1tchfest. I could give a s1it about you and what happens to you. Yet, you love to post about me.

Bronco LB 59
10-07-2007, 03:15 AM
Yeah it's crazy, these Kids are going to light it up for awhile. Seems that the Diamondbacks fielded the same type of team the Dodgers did by mixing the youth with the right veterans. I read somewhere that entering spring training that the Diamondbacks featured a major league-high 15 homegrown players on their 25-man roster, built by good drafting and development of talent. Funny that they had to start this way because of the pricey free agents they had brought in for the World Series are still costing them money something like $270 million in deferred contracts.

The D-Backs hired Josh Byrnes a bright, young mind from Boston's front office to be their GM. He's taken an approach that is a blend of traditional scouting and sabermetrics and it's worked.

24champ
10-07-2007, 03:17 AM
Young also slugged .509 with 19 HR and 18 SB during the second half. No doubt he has his downsides, but he makes up for it with his other exceptional skills.

Yeah Baseball America said Young had Ken Griffey Jr. type potential.

smalltowngrll
10-07-2007, 03:24 AM
Oh no you didn't smalltown girl!

Yes, yes....I did!

Been a D'dacks fan since the day they were created!! Can't change that!! :wiggle:

24champ
10-07-2007, 03:24 AM
The D-Backs hired Josh Byrnes a bright, young mind from Boston's front office to be their GM. He's taken an approach that is a blend of traditional scouting and sabermetrics and it's worked.

When Byrnes and Melvin hired Kirk Gibson to be a bench coach, it was a solid move because Gibson will teach the kids how it is everyday in the big leagues. That's huge.

WABronco
10-07-2007, 03:25 AM

Ditto. Championship!

24champ
10-07-2007, 03:44 AM
Ditto. Championship!

Think the White Sox want him back? haha.

Crowpointer
10-07-2007, 08:14 AM
Hope the Sox sweep today like the Rockies. Will only be able to watch last 2/3's of game from the parking lot in Foxboro. Got something more important to attend to before that.:strong:

gunns
10-07-2007, 10:04 AM
Hope the Sox sweep today like the Rockies. Will only be able to watch last 2/3's of game from the parking lot in Foxboro. Got something more important to attend to before that.:strong:

I hope the Sox do too. Anything that pisses off the Yankees makes me happy. Love any team playing the Yankees. GO INDIANS and definitely GO ROCKIES! I'm in total shock as far as the Rockies go. Used to love baseball but it's gotten too slow. Last time I looked at the Rockies record they were below .500. It's sparked my interest again.

Meck77
10-07-2007, 10:20 AM
I'm telling you it's that dog. I think we should make him the new mascot.

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4584/doghr7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

sixtimeseight
10-07-2007, 10:23 AM
These are some great quotes from the Phils board.

"fact of the matter - the rockies didn't impress me - other than their starting pitchers. "

"
I have a question about the Rockies: Are they the whitest team in baseball?

And are people of color even allowed into Adolf Coors Field?

(No need for anyone to answer these questions. I'm just disgusted that the undeserving Rockies fans are celebrating tonight.)"

Well, let's see.... On the 25-man roster, they have Torrealba, Corpas, Jiminez, Matsui, Morales, Hawkins.... So a full quarter of their roster is not white, a larger percentage than the general population. Not to mention the numerous coaches, trainers, etc...

Worthless Phillies fans.

sixtimeseight
10-07-2007, 10:33 AM
Seems that the Diamondbacks fielded the same type of team the Dodgers did by mixing the youth with the right veterans. Yea, how'd that work out for the Dodgers anyways?

Spider
10-07-2007, 10:42 AM
for the first time , I watched a complete baseball game on TV ......I was excited , celebrated the win , woke up the babies , pissed the wife off ..... trifecta ;D
I was happy to see the hits on Romero .......

sketch
10-07-2007, 12:49 PM
seriously. the Rockies are 4 wins from the world series. That's just hard to get settled in my mind. incredible.

they are also 4 losses away from the end of the their season.
/mavenimpression

Bronx33
10-07-2007, 01:20 PM
they are also 4 losses away from the end of the their season.
/mavenimpression

I like Kid As picture better that yours..

TheChamp24
10-07-2007, 01:27 PM

I'd take a healthy Willy Taveras over all of them. I want my leadoff hitter to actually get on base somewhat frequently for the big boppers to get on.

And Ken Griffey, Jr. potential? I doubt it. I wondering if people were saying how great Rob Deer's potential was...
And yes, I don't like when people say a kid had a good year when he hit well below .250 and had more strikeouts than hits.

OrangeShadow
10-07-2007, 04:22 PM
WOOT back to back!

Paladin
10-08-2007, 05:48 AM
Where do the Phillie Phanatics get that the Rockies are "undeserving"? Those people were absolutely shortchanged in the Sportsmanship department......

Sassy
10-08-2007, 07:38 AM
Go Rockies!

Paladin
10-08-2007, 01:42 PM
Just wanted to get this up to the top amongst all the wrist slashing, bridge jumping and hand wringing about the Broncos. It had been said - I just can't remember who said it - the first 5 or so games were going to be toss ups and possible losses. After that the team may start to gel and maybe win a few games. It is happening, and people act like it's totally unexpected.

The Rockies? Now, that is a story that will stand the test of time...... They will keep us entertained through October, and then the Nuggets and Avs will be entertaining us until April or so. No lack of things to do here, huh?

Right now, the Rockies are the best value for your entertainment dollar and for your time to watch......

Billy Clyde Puckett
10-08-2007, 03:33 PM
Right now, the Rockies are the best value for your entertainment dollar and for your time to watch......

Value ??? Face value on World Series tickets will be $250 (MLB mandated) and Monforts will jack up the price of beer to $10. I guess that's not bad when you consider the price of Rolling Stones or Genesis concert tickets, but it's still a lot of dough. Of course I will be shelling out to go to a game if they get there.

defenseman
10-08-2007, 04:04 PM
I'm hoping the 'tribe' closes out the bronx bombers tonight. Like to see a Sox/Indians series....Go SOX...dman

elsid13
10-08-2007, 04:14 PM
I'm hoping the 'tribe' closes out the bronx bombers tonight. Like to see a Sox/Indians series....Go SOX...dman

I hope the Yankees and Indians go 5, and tire out their pitching staffs.

Bronco LB 59
10-08-2007, 04:29 PM
I'd take a healthy Willy Taveras over all of them. I want my leadoff hitter to actually get on base somewhat frequently for the big boppers to get on.

And Ken Griffey, Jr. potential? I doubt it. I wondering if people were saying how great Rob Deer's potential was...
And yes, I don't like when people say a kid had a good year when he hit well below .250 and had more strikeouts than hits.

That on-base machine you speak of, Willy Taveras, walked 21 times in 372 at-bats. He's a solid contact hitter/defensive CF, but he's most likely going to replaced by a similar player to Chris Young in 2009 - Dexter Fowler.

Young is just a rookie and spent a good chunk of the season as the D-Backs sixth hitter. So it's unfair to judge him solely as a leadoff hitter. Strikeouts aren't looked down upon in baseball as they use to be. Hitters who take big hacks yield great returns in slugging. Ryan Howard, Grady Sizemore, Curtis Granderson, B.J. Upton, Carlos Pena, Dan Uggla, Adam Dunn and Jack Cust all ranked in the top dozen in total strikeouts this year.

I said Young has his downsides. He needs to draw more walks and make more contact in his sophomore season, but his slugging percentage is fantastic for a rookie. To say a rookie who is slugging at a .500-plus clip is doing more harm than good is wrong.

DomCasual
10-08-2007, 05:50 PM
That on-base machine you speak of, Willy Taveras, walked 21 times in 372 at-bats. He's a solid contact hitter/defensive CF, but he's most likely going to replaced by a similar player to Chris Young in 2009 - Dexter Fowler.

Young is just a rookie and spent a good chunk of the season as the D-Backs sixth hitter. So it's unfair to judge him solely as a leadoff hitter. Strikeouts aren't looked down upon in baseball as they use to be. Hitters who take big hacks yield great returns in slugging. Ryan Howard, Grady Sizemore, Curtis Granderson, B.J. Upton, Carlos Pena, Dan Uggla, Adam Dunn and Jack Cust all ranked in the top dozen in total strikeouts this year.

I said Young has his downsides. He needs to draw more walks and make more contact in his sophomore season, but his slugging percentage is fantastic for a rookie. To say a rookie who is slugging at a .500-plus clip is doing more harm than good is wrong.

I agree on Taveras. I like having him up there when he's healthy, because he's so disruptive when he's on base. But he needs to learn more patience at the plate. And Hurdle kept inexplicably playing him while he was hurt.

I'm not sure what they do with him for the NLCS. Whose place would he take on the roster? You can't take away a pitcher. And I don't see how you could justify leaving off a guy like Seth Smith. I'd probably leave the roster as it was for the Phillies series, other than Cook and Hirsh, if they keep progressing in their rehab.

Bronco LB 59
10-08-2007, 06:08 PM
I'm not sure what they do with him for the NLCS. Whose place would he take on the roster? You can't take away a pitcher. And I don't see how you could justify leaving off a guy like Seth Smith. I'd probably leave the roster as it was for the Phillies series, other than Cook and Hirsh, if they keep progressing in their rehab.

If Taveras was ready to go, I would keep Seth Smith over Cory Sullivan for that last spot. Even that's a tough call because you would lose a left-handed bat off the bench.

RhymesayersDU
10-08-2007, 06:16 PM
I'm telling you it's that dog. I think we should make him the new mascot.

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4584/doghr7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Forget the Rally Monkey, it's all about the Rally Puppy now.

OrangeShadow
10-08-2007, 06:31 PM
I hope the Yankees and Indians go 5, and tire out their pitching staffs.

:wiggle:

DomCasual
10-08-2007, 06:34 PM
So, what's the story with the dog - anyone know? Peter King mentioned it in his MMQB column today. I've never noticed it before, but I guess the guy has the little pooch there a lot.

Crowpointer
10-08-2007, 07:18 PM
ALCS starts here friday. Pats undefeated and heading into Dallas . Heading down to Miami a week from thursday with the wife for the Pats Dolphins. I am smart enough to know that these are the good old days.

Paladin
10-08-2007, 07:52 PM
Value ??? Face value on World Series tickets will be $250 (MLB mandated) and Monforts will jack up the price of beer to $10....

That's why I got an HDTV 50" TV. Sucker puts you there......

Rohirrim
10-08-2007, 11:29 PM
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4584/doghr7.jpg
Except that guy's version of this dog has a few more six packs in him.

So, does everybody believe that Steinbrenner is going to can Torre?

Paladin
10-09-2007, 10:32 AM
Maybe the TV people will throw Steinbrenner out ........

Nah.

Can you see the TBS execs sitting in their cozy little offices in Hotlanta cursing the gods for the Rockies, Snakes and Injuns. Do you think anyone east of Illinois is going to be watching the games, other than the little area aound BAWST'N when the BOSAWKS are "playing"? And maybe a few gatherings here and there? Other stations will likely lead the ratings with old reruns of Petticoat Junction!

The West has won, baby.......

GO ROCKIES!!!! GO INJUNS!!!!

defenseman
10-09-2007, 12:36 PM
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4584/doghr7.jpg
Except that guy's version of this dog has a few more six packs in him.

So, does everybody believe that Steinbrenner is going to can Torre?

If Steinbrenner cans J. Torre, he'll be an even bigger a$$wipe than he already is. And second, Torre will have to hire someone just to read through all the offers that get put on his table. He's a damn good manager with alot of class overall. I never liked the yankees, but I've always respected torre and the way he goes about business...dman

PatsWin2002
10-09-2007, 01:07 PM
http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/BDD_JT_GS__breakup_10.8.07_.jpg

Paladin
10-09-2007, 02:23 PM
Looking for a Rockies/Injuns WS.....

Crowpointer
10-09-2007, 03:42 PM
Maybe the TV people will throw Steinbrenner out ........

Nah.

Can you see the TBS execs sitting in their cozy little offices in Hotlanta cursing the gods for the Rockies, Snakes and Injuns. Do you think anyone east of Illinois is going to be watching the games, other than the little area aound BAWST'N when the BOSAWKS are "playing"? And maybe a few gatherings here and there? Other stations will likely lead the ratings with old reruns of Petticoat Junction!

The West has won, baby.......

GO ROCKIES!!!! GO INJUNS!!!! Get ready to see this two more times. Aka Papelbrate !!!

elsid13
10-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Get ready to see this two more times. Aka Papelbrate !!!

It takes a special breed to be a major league closer.

defenseman
10-09-2007, 05:40 PM
Looking for a Rockies/Injuns WS.....

I'm hoping for a Red Sox/ Rockies world series myself. I've been a long time Bosox fan, and the only team I like in the NL is the rockies. I'll be rooting for the Sox if it comes down to both making the WS though. I'll be looking forward to Big pappy and little bull at Coors if that happens to be the way the stars align this october..dman

Jens1893
10-09-2007, 05:54 PM
Rockies World Series Tickets go on sale October 22nd.

http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/col/ticketing/postseason_2007.jsp#world

BMF Bronco
10-09-2007, 06:04 PM
Rockies World Series Tickets go on sale October 22nd.

http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/col/ticketing/postseason_2007.jsp#world

Dude how ****ing sweet is that?!

Paladin
10-09-2007, 06:17 PM
Get ready to see this two more times. Aka Papelbrate !!!

You know, that dude from LA was pushing the closer on the dudgers as the best there was. Put up some garrish babble that turned out to be a name.... Ask him how that turned out against the Rockies, or more specifically, Helton, okay?

Go Rockies!!!!!!!! Go Injuns!!!!!!!!!!

(Sounds like you been eating some of those beans, eh?)

Bronx33
10-09-2007, 06:25 PM
Ok guys if this was posted before (iam sorry) i was surfin and found this gem.

Kimberly Bell roid boys ex naked...

Link (http://www.sportaphile.com/2007/10/08/kimberly-bells-playboy-photos-are-here-barry-bonds-ex-girl/#comment-171)

Uncensored (http://www.dailypoa.com/?p=964)

elsid13
10-09-2007, 06:28 PM
You know, that dude from LA was pushing the closer on the dudgers as the best there was. Put up some garrish babble that turned out to be a name.... Ask him how that turned out against the Rockies, or more specifically, Helton, okay?

Not to talk smack since neither team is the WS yet, but Paps plays in the AL and faces a lot more quality hitters then what you see in NL. BTW Paps struck out Helton swinging when they meet this year.

OrangeShadow
10-09-2007, 06:31 PM
It takes a special breed to be a major league closer.

that it does :wiggle:

Jori
10-09-2007, 07:08 PM
Uh oh....

http://i.cnn.net/si/si_online/covers/images/2007/1015_large.jpg

rubaiyat
10-09-2007, 08:21 PM

Gagne? OR someone way back when?

Billy Clyde Puckett
10-09-2007, 08:35 PM
That's why I got an HDTV 50" TV. Sucker puts you there......

$82.50 for may ticket Monday night (face value, season ticket) Game starts at 815 so most of the crowd will be well toasted. I'll try to get some pictures to post.

I think I am going to spring for a WS ticket. Maybe a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Paladin
10-10-2007, 12:56 AM
Not to talk smack since neither team is the WS yet, but Paps plays in the AL and faces a lot more quality hitters then what you see in NL. BTW Paps struck out Helton swinging when they meet this year.

Golly. Did the Rockies EVER beat the Sawks?

GO ROCKIES!!!!! GO INJUNS!!!!!!!

sixtimeseight
10-10-2007, 12:47 PM
BTW Paps struck out Helton swinging when they meet this year.

And how many did the Rockies win in Fenway this year? Oh yea, two of three.

TheChamp24
10-10-2007, 01:49 PM
Uh oh....

http://i.cnn.net/si/si_online/covers/images/2007/1015_large.jpg

OH SHII
we are screwed now :(

smalltowngrll
10-10-2007, 02:13 PM
Go D'backs! ;) ;D

Billy Clyde Puckett
10-10-2007, 02:21 PM
Ban Her!!!!

Jens1893
10-10-2007, 02:22 PM
Go D'backs! ;) ;D

15,000 tickets left for Games 1 and 2

Sassy
10-10-2007, 05:41 PM
OH SHII
we are screwed now :(

LOL! Yikes...in that case, I just saw a copy of SI in Barnes & Noble the other day with Peyton Manning on the cover if it makes you feel any better!

Jori
10-10-2007, 10:09 PM
Rox NLCS roster set:

http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20071010&content_id=2260400&vkey=pr_col&fext=.jsp&c_id=col

Tavares is back, Redman sits

Starting pitchers for games 1-4:

Game 1 -- LHP Jeff Francis
Game 2 -- RHP Ubaldo Jimenez
Game 3 -- RHP Josh Fogg
Game 4 -- LHP Franklin Morales<SCRIPT src="/scripts/webtools.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>

Jori
10-11-2007, 12:54 AM
Taveras will bat leadoff and start in center tomorrow.

Game 1 Lineup

Taveras
Matsui
Holliday
Helton
Atkins
Hawpe
Tulowitzki
Torrealba
Francis

Paladin
10-11-2007, 12:59 AM
Go Rockies!!!

Go Injuns!!!!!!

Injuns take the series in 6.....

Bronco LB 59
10-11-2007, 01:37 AM
Taveras will bat leadoff and start in center tomorrow.

Game 1 Lineup

Taveras
Matsui
Holliday
Helton
Atkins
Hawpe
Tulowitzki
Torrealba
Francis

Tulo is batting seventh?!!!!

PatsWin2002
10-11-2007, 01:46 AM
http://img.webring.com/r/r/redsox/logo

Bronco LB 59
10-11-2007, 01:50 AM

BOO!:yayaya:

Paladin
10-11-2007, 02:00 AM
To repeat: Injuns in 6.....

PatsWin2002
10-11-2007, 02:08 AM
Some of you told me to worry about the Angels too.

However, this is different.

Injuns are a great team...there'd be no shame in losing to them. Wedge is a great manager, too. We just don't ever want to lose to the Yankees.

The pitching matchups in this series look to be great.

24champ
10-11-2007, 02:35 AM
Some of you told me to worry about the Angels too.

Not me.:approve:

I like the Red Sox because they are basically comprised of ex-Dodgers...Drew, Gagne, Lugo, Cora. Surprised that Drew showed up to play in this playoff because I sure as hell didn't see him last year.

elsid13
10-11-2007, 05:03 AM

I like the Red Sox because they are basically comprised of ex-Dodgers...Drew, Gagne, Lugo, Cora. Surprised that Drew showed up to play in this playoff because I sure as hell didn't see him last year.

Well it only fitting since there seem to be a heck of ex-Sox on the Dodgers' roster

Crowpointer
10-11-2007, 06:40 AM

Drew, Gagne Lugo,Cora. Looks like we cherry picked your superstars Yikes!

Crowpointer
10-11-2007, 06:42 AM
To repeat: Injuns in 6.....

They'll need to get the bugs going again to do that.:P

Jori
10-11-2007, 10:00 AM
Tulo is batting seventh?!!!!

I don't like inserting Taveras in the starting lineup. Go with the ones that brought you there Clint!

dumpy
10-11-2007, 10:13 AM
There would be nothing like a Denver/Cleveland championship game (series). We know how those turn out.

Beantown Bronco
10-11-2007, 10:45 AM
Just got this e-mail from the office admins.....I love casual firms:

Hi Everyone:

To show our support of the Red Sox, tomorrow will be Red Sox day. What does this mean for you??? Please wear your Red Sox attire, and yes you can wear sneakers and hats (nice/clean please). At 4:00pm we will have happy hour in the Boston conf. room. Thank you.

Tracy & Michele

Sassy
10-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Just got this e-mail from the office admins.....I love casual firms:

Hi Everyone:

To show our support of the Red Sox, tomorrow will be Red Sox day. What does this mean for you??? Please wear your Red Sox attire, and yes you can wear sneakers and hats (nice/clean please). At 4:00pm we will have happy hour in the Boston conf. room. Thank you.

Tracy & Michele

Sounds fun!

Paladin
10-11-2007, 11:36 AM
Injuns don't do casual. They do tomahawk and scalp.....

Injuns in 6.......

Go Rockies!!!!!

Paladin
10-11-2007, 12:11 PM
AS a matter of curiosity, how did the Boston team come to be known as the Red Sox? There is something a bit odd about a team being named for a pair of crimson colored footwear which is usually stored in a drawer next to shorts and maybe hankies....

Come to think of it, the same could be asked of the CWS. Seems terribly unimaginative to put white or red outer covering socks on a bunch of old fellers and call them the ___ Sox.

What is the story as you think it is? There must be one. Otherwise it would be pretty dull.....

Injuns in 6 !!!

Go Rockies!!!!!

Crowpointer
10-11-2007, 12:24 PM
AS a matter of curiosity, how did the Boston team come to be known as the Red Sox? There is something a bit odd about a team being named for a pair of crimson colored footwear which is usually stored in a drawer next to shorts and maybe hankies....

Come to think of it, the same could be asked of the CWS. Seems terribly unimaginative to put white or red outer covering socks on a bunch of old fellers and call them the ___ Sox.

What is the story as you think it is? There must be one. Otherwise it would be pretty dull.....

Injuns in 6 !!!

Go Rockies!!!!!Over the years the Boston American League team has had several nicknames:

Boston Red Sox (1907-2007)
Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
Boston Somersets (1902)
Boston Americans (1901)

Two 1901-1902 "unofficial" nicknames were the Plymouth Rocks and the
Puritans.

The name Red Sox simply evolved over the years as new team owners and
baseball writers would attach nicknames to the team in hopes one name
would catch on.

The Red Sox were actually called the Red Stockings for a while in 1907 but
sports writers shortened it to Sox (then a generally accepted alternate
spelling of the word: socks).

The name Red Stockings came from an old National Association baseball
team: the Boston Red Stockings. They played from 1871-1875. Red
Stockings had been a popular nickname and kind of got resurrected by the
Boston American League club in 1907.

Other teams in the old National Association include the Chicago White
Stockings, the St. Louis Red Stockings, the St. Louis Brown Stockings, and
the Philadelphia White Stockings.

Apparently, nicknaming your team after the color of your socks was a very
common practice back then.

Beantown Bronco
10-11-2007, 12:39 PM
Injuns don't do casual. They do casinos.....

Fixed it for you

Paladin
10-11-2007, 01:10 PM
Fixed it for you

Them too. :thumbs:

Support your local tribe. Go to a casino and drop your crimson stockings full of cash......

Thanks Crow.

BUT:

Injuns in 6.

Go Rockies!!!!!!

DomCasual
10-11-2007, 01:14 PM
You know, there's a chance the Denver Post could write columns that made Rockies fans look dumber, but I'm not really sure how.

It seems like almost every day, I find something new. It's the equivalent of what I would think the local papers in, say, Kazakhstan might write if there was an American football game there.

Um, Post editors, this isn't the first time people on the Front Range have been exposed to baseball.

Master___Pain
10-11-2007, 01:30 PM
The thing that makes the name Red socks look even worse, is the Cincinnati Reds is actually short for Red Stockings, and they were named that back in 1863. It's funny that there are basically two MLB teams not only with the same name, but the name is really kind of lame.

DomCasual
10-11-2007, 01:30 PM

Wait. Wait. An analogy is coming. I can feel it!

Ah, here it is!

A high school senior football player gets an assignment to spend a week in an 2nd grade classroom as a teacher's assistant. During recess, the 2nd grade teacher asks him if he would mind playing with the kids. The first thing he sees when he gets out on the playground is that a group of boys has started a football game. Perfect! He goes over and starts giving the kids pointers. Before anyone knows it, though, he's playing - dominating, would be a better word! At each recess, the process repeats. By mid-week, he's feeling pretty good about himself.

He's invincible! They can't stop him. They can't even contain him. One little guy that tried ended up with a bloody face. Choke on that, you little wuss!

So Friday rolls around, and he shows up at school with a shirt he's made himself. On the front is his picture, with the caption, "Run home to your mommies, you little b****es! I came to play!"

That's what I think about a poster-sized Red Sox logo.

Arizona Diamondbacks salary = $52 million
Colorado Rockies salary = $54 million
Cleveland Indians salary = $61 million
Boston Red Sox salary = $143 million

If you don't win it all, you are the high school senior football player that got schooled by a bunch of 2nd graders.

O'Doyle rules!

Crowpointer
10-11-2007, 01:59 PM
Get used to hearing this song ..........a lot.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx4ZqGD_dF4 Dusted off and rerecorded for the 2004 World Champs. Used by the original Red Sox fanatics the "Royal Rooters" and their leader Nuf Ced McGreevy for the first World Series in 1903. Oh yeah we won.

Jens1893
10-11-2007, 02:06 PM
Get used to hearing this song ..........a lot.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx4ZqGD_dF4 Dusted off and rerecorded for the 2004 World SERIES Champs. Used by the original Red Sox fanatics the "Royal Rooters" and their leader Nuf Ced McGreevy for the first World Series in 1903. Oh yeah we won.

Fixed.

DKM are a very good band.

bombay
10-11-2007, 02:19 PM
If what I read in the News this morning is true, and Taverez will not only be activated for this series but hit leadoff, with Matsui dropping to 2nd and Tulowitski to 7th, I've got to say I really dislike the move. Love Tulowitski in the 2 hole, and Matsui has been very effective at leadoff. Plus you lose Spilborgh's pop.

sixtimeseight
10-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Plus you lose Spilborgh's pop.

Yea, you hate to lose his .250 average, 0 HR, 0 RBI and 2 whole singles that he's hit so far in the post season.

Putting Taveras at the top and moving Tulo to 7th is a no-brainer move and you probably don't understand baseball if you say otherwise. And don't give me some stupid crap about chemistry.

bombay
10-11-2007, 02:59 PM
As I said, I don't like the move.

sixtimeseight
10-11-2007, 03:14 PM
That's nice. It's a good thing you don't make managerial decisions for the Rockies.

Paladin
10-11-2007, 03:30 PM
The thing that makes the name Red socks look even worse, is the Cincinnati Reds is actually short for Red Stockings, and they were named that back in 1863. It's funny that there are basically two MLB teams not only with the same name, but the name is really kind of lame.

I agree that having a name with a sock in it is sort of....well....lame. But history is history isn't it?

Tulo did not have a great NLDS, IMHO. I think he is phenomenal in the 7th hole, and that actually strengthens the lineup to the 9th hole. Taveras and Matsuie give the pitchers fits if they get rolling, and it doesn't take much......

One can wonder why Cook didn't make it. I think he could have been a reliever or a starter. Redman, while he did okay for the times he played, I am not sure about. But what the hay? It's all good.

GO ROCKIES!!!!

INJUNS IN 6!!!!!!

bombay
10-11-2007, 03:34 PM
I agree that having a name with a sock in it is sort of....well....lame. But history is history isn't it?

Tulo did not have a great NLDS, IMHO. I think he is phenomenal in the 7th hole, and that actually strengthens the lineup to the 9th hole. Taveras and Matsuie give the pitchers fits if they get rolling, and it doesn't take much......

One can wonder why Cook didn't make it. I think he could have been a reliever or a starter. Redman, while he did okay for the times he played, I am not sure about. But what the hay? It's all good.

GO ROCKIES!!!!

INJUNS IN 6!!!!!!

Yep. Go Rocks! Hope I'm wrong about the effect of the realigned lineup and they kick ass.

Paladin
10-11-2007, 04:36 PM
Curoious again: Was it the Boston Braves that moved to Milwaukee, and thence to Atlanta?

bombay
10-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Curoious again: Was it the Boston Braves that moved to Milwaukee, and thence to Atlanta?

Correct. I think they moved after the 1954 season.

Edit: Nope, after 1952.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/ATL/

Hotrod
10-11-2007, 04:46 PM
Correct. I think they moved after the 1954 season.

That was my dads team when he was growing up. Hank, eddie matthews etc. He used to be able to name the stats/lineups/records etc...

bombay
10-11-2007, 04:55 PM
By the way, guys, for anyone who doesn't know this site, every bit of information you could want about any team or player is here:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/

And this one is excellent for contract information:

http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/

Jens1893
10-11-2007, 05:10 PM
I hope the Rockies meet and beat the Red Sox in the World Series just to shove it up Simmons´ ass

Q: Where's your NLCS prediction? I need to know which team to bet against.
--George, New Rochelle, N.Y.

SG: Thank you for asking! I like the Rockets over the T-Backs. Just kidding. But I'm glad you brought this up. No matter how much you love baseball, it's nearly impossible to care about the Colorado-Arizona series. You might watch it, you might enjoy it, you might even gamble on it ... but unless you're an absolute baseball nut or a Rockies/D-backs fan, how could you honestly care who wins when neither franchise is older than Jamie-Lynn Spears? It's like going to a wedding in which you don't know anything about the bride or the groom.

(Note: I'm rooting for the D-backs for one simple reason -- the thought of the Red Sox playing three games in the thin Denver air scares the living crap out of me. Dice-K can't even sleep on a hard hotel mattress; he's going to throw seven innings in high altitude? And what about Big Papi wheezing his way around the bases and potentially puking between second and third on a triple? Yikes. I don't want any part of the Rockies.)

Anyway, a friend of mine who works in the sports world got me thinking about this on Monday when he e-mailed just to say, "Colorado versus Arizona might be the least watched LCS in baseball history. Who the hell cares about either team? I'm convinced that sports is all about history. If there's history, it's interesting. If not, who cares? People need the emotional attachment that comes from a lifetime of cheering for the same team -- and especially when their parents rooted for the same franchise."

My response: "You just described why the NHL died in this country over the past 12 years."

SpringStein
10-11-2007, 05:14 PM
I fully expect the DBacks to win tonight with Webb starting. If they don't they are in trouble.

Of course the pressure will then swing to Rockies to win game 2...

elsid13
10-11-2007, 06:08 PM
Are the Rockies still pushing that whole "super Christan" thing for their players??

Jori
10-11-2007, 06:10 PM
I hope the Rockies meet and beat the Red Sox in the World Series just to shove it up Simmons´ ass

What an ignorant statement by Simmons.

Jori
10-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Are the Rockies still pushing that whole "super Christan" thing for their players??

Never did, it was just an over the top article by USA Today. Can't imagine Jason Hirsh, who is Jewish, would be on the team now would he? :thumbsup:

Paladin
10-11-2007, 06:22 PM
Now that's an example of how little the East Coast Ostrichs keep their heads in the sand and don't pay attention to teams outside their driving range....

I agree about shoving it up his tailpipes!

Go Rockies!!!!!

Injuns in 6!!!!!!!

orangeatheist
10-11-2007, 06:28 PM
I'm convinced that sports is all about history. If there's history, it's interesting. If not, who cares?

Makes you wonder how any sport got started. In the early days, according to this logic, all sports weren't interesting. I could just imagine this tool walking around in the early days of baseball muttering, "There's no history to this new-fangled thing. Stupid stick and ball. Who cares!?"

DomCasual
10-11-2007, 06:32 PM

I find myself rooting against any team Bill Simmons likes. I used to really like him, but part of that was because he was loyal to teams that were lovable losers (Celtics excluded). As soon as the Red Sox and Patriots started winning, he became unbearable. It's funny how he talks about the Yankees like they're the devil incarnate. Yet, he's become most of the things he says he loathes about Yankees fans.

Billy Clyde Puckett
10-11-2007, 06:55 PM
That was my dads team when he was growing up. Hank, eddie matthews etc. He used to be able to name the stats/lineups/records etc...

They were my favorite team too. Del Crandall, Warren Spahn, Johnny Sain, Lou Burdette, Billy Bruton ....

elsid13
10-11-2007, 08:17 PM
They were my favorite team too. Del Crandall, Warren Spahn, Johnny Sain, Lou Burdette, Billy Bruton ....

You gotta be old if those guy were your boyhood heros (;D)

spdirty
10-11-2007, 09:02 PM
Yea, you hate to lose his .250 average, 0 HR, 0 RBI and 2 whole singles that he's hit so far in the post season.

Putting Taveras at the top and moving Tulo to 7th is a no-brainer move and you probably don't understand baseball if you say otherwise. And don't give me some stupid crap about chemistry.

Are you Clint Hurdle? You sound just like him.

DomCasual
10-11-2007, 09:33 PM

Well, in fairness, Todd Helton was hitting .083, Troy Tulowitzki .167, Matt Holliday .231, etc. It's hard to look at numbers with such a small sample. And I'm pretty sure you wouldn't suggest benching those three guys.

That said, I think you have to put Taveras back up there. He hit well before he got hurt, and he's disruptive once he gets on base. Plus, he has a lot more range in CF. And Spilborghs has done well as a pinch hitter all season.

But I don't think it's quite the slam dunk you're making it out to be. And I'm not sure what warranted your condescending response.

Lastly, I don't see how you automatically dismiss the chemistry issue. I don't think putting Taveras in is going to ruin chemistry (as evidenced by the way the Rockies have started tonight's game). But chemistry plays a huge, albeit unquantifiable, roll in team sports. And when you've had the run the Rockies have had, it has to be considered when you are making decisions.

BMF Bronco
10-11-2007, 09:34 PM
where is everyone? DOM???

spdirty
10-11-2007, 09:35 PM
<-----------------drinking purple beer.

BMF Bronco
10-11-2007, 09:36 PM
1-2-3baby!

TheChamp24
10-11-2007, 09:39 PM
4-1 Rockies after 3!
WOHOOO!
BRAD HAWPE BEYOTCHES!

I don't like the move of Tulo to #7. Like I've said before, Tulo at #2 was like having a Derek Jeter @ #2. Although, I think Tulo's inexperience cost him in the 1st round. He was pressing at the plate trying to do too much and not swinging like he normally does.

DomCasual
10-11-2007, 09:44 PM
where is everyone? DOM???

I don't know. They're missing a great start to this one, though. I was a little worried with the way the first inning went. You worry that a guy like Brandon Webb might not need too much more than that in a big game. But the Rockies seem to be able to hit against anybody! :thumbsup:

Sassy
10-11-2007, 09:55 PM
GO ROCKIES! ;D

bombay
10-11-2007, 09:57 PM
Well, in fairness, Todd Helton was hitting .083, Troy Tulowitzki .167, Matt Holliday .231, etc. It's hard to look at numbers with such a small sample. And I'm pretty sure you wouldn't suggest benching those three guys.

That said, I think you have to put Taveras back up there. He hit well before he got hurt, and he's disruptive once he gets on base. Plus, he has a lot more range in CF. And Spilborghs has done well as a pinch hitter all season.

But I don't think it's quite the slam dunk you're making it out to be. And I'm not sure what warranted your condescending response.

Lastly, I don't see how you automatically dismiss the chemistry issue. I don't think putting Taveras in is going to ruin chemistry (as evidenced by the way the Rockies have started tonight's game). But chemistry plays a huge, albeit unquantifiable, roll in team sports. And when you've had the run the Rockies have had, it has to be considered when you are making decisions.

Well said, and thank you.

DomCasual
10-11-2007, 10:05 PM
First big moment of the series, right here!

smalltowngrll
10-11-2007, 10:08 PM
First big moment of the series, right here!

Mean the first nervous moment for the Rockies? ;D

TheChamp24
10-11-2007, 10:10 PM
Good pitching by Francis. He is pitching a great game so far.

Jens1893
10-11-2007, 10:10 PM
Mean the first nervous moment for the Rockies? ;D

Scoreboard

bombay
10-11-2007, 10:14 PM
Webb's at 84 pitches through 5, so this could well be his last inning. I'm not overly familiar with arizona's middle relief, but it can't hurt to get Webb out early.

smalltowngrll
10-11-2007, 10:14 PM
Scoreboard

Yeah, yeah, I know!! Hence, my comment! :wave:

spdirty
10-11-2007, 10:19 PM
shlt

TheChamp24
10-11-2007, 10:22 PM
Well, DBacks have a great bullpen. If Francis can get through this inning with no damage, and it remains 4-1, the DBacks will have a tough time coming back and winning this game IMO.
Webb might pitch the 7th since its the bottom of the lineup, I could see this being Francis' last inning though.

spdirty
10-11-2007, 10:26 PM
man, great inning by Francis.

bombay
10-11-2007, 10:27 PM
Well, DBacks have a great bullpen. If Francis can get through this inning with no damage, and it remains 4-1, the DBacks will have a tough time coming back and winning this game IMO.
Webb might pitch the 7th since its the bottom of the lineup, I could see this being Francis' last inning though.

Yeah, at right around 100 pitches, Webb probably comes back out for the 7th. I see no reason for the Rocks to pull Francis either. He's breezing at this point through 6.

DomCasual
Losing this game wouldn't bode well for the D-Backs winning the series, STG.

TheChamp24
So, pinch hit for Francis or let him go another inning?
I say let him go another inning, with Hawkins warming up just in case.

Jens1893
10-11-2007, 10:28 PM
So, pinch hit for Francis or let him go another inning?
I say let him go another inning, with Hawkins warming up just in case.

Francis is only on 81 pitches

smalltowngrll
10-11-2007, 10:29 PM
Damn, can we just have Dane Cook do all the commercials?? :letsgo:

DomCasual
10-11-2007, 10:29 PM
Man, I just can't get enough of Dane Cook. If liking Dane Cook is wrong, then I don't want to be right. I think you know what I'm saying, am I right?

spdirty
10-11-2007, 10:30 PM
gotta keep Francis in...especially after that last inning

smalltowngrll
yes, yes...but, oh from a way different perspective, Dom!! ROFL!

DomCasual
Damn, can we just have Dane Cook do all the commercials?? :letsgo:

You're serious? :saywhat:

TheChamp24
10-11-2007, 10:31 PM
Francis is only on 81 pitches

I didn't get a good chance to see him in the 6th, as it was quick, but the 5th he was struggling. His pitches were getting up. I know its only 81, but Francis can get himself into trouble in a hurry because he lacks control at times.
And Francis will probably bunt now.

Juan Cruz in for Webb. Interesting...

TheChamp24
10-11-2007, 10:34 PM
btw, who wasn't activated for this series for Taveras to replace?

SpringStein
10-11-2007, 10:38 PM
good hustle, Kaz!

spdirty
Kaz comes through again! Even if it was an error...oh nice stolen base Kaz!

TheChamp24
I just love the fact the Rockies are such a good defensive team.

bombay
10-11-2007, 10:39 PM
Sweet. Cruz coughs up an insurance run. Five to one, Rocks.

spdirty
10-11-2007, 10:39 PM
btw, who wasn't activated for this series for Taveras to replace?

Think it was Seth Smith.

TheChamp24
10-11-2007, 10:41 PM
Again, the best defensive team in baseball. Pathetic by the catcher there. Fastball should've been caught. Might not do any damage, but still, can't let that ball get passed you and let Matsui get to 3rd.

Rohirrim
10-11-2007, 10:42 PM
I love the way these Rockies play ball! This is old style National League baseball. It reminds me of Lasorda ball. Go for the jugular. Hit, steal, solid pitching and great defense. Really fun to watch.

DomCasual
10-11-2007, 10:42 PM
No, it was Mark Redman.

TheChamp24
10-11-2007, 10:48 PM
No, it was Mark Redman.

but, but, BUT WHO WILL START GAME 4?????

bombay
10-11-2007, 10:50 PM
Hoo boy. Inauspicious beginning to the bottom of the 7th.

Jens1893
10-11-2007, 10:51 PM
I didn't get a good chance to see him in the 6th, as it was quick, but the 5th he was struggling. His pitches were getting up. I know its only 81, but Francis can get himself into trouble in a hurry because he lacks control at times.
And Francis will probably bunt now.

Juan Cruz in for Webb. Interesting...

Looks like you were right. :(

spdirty
10-11-2007, 10:52 PM
uh oh:(

TheChamp24
10-11-2007, 10:54 PM
Wow, thats a helpful call IMO.

bombay
10-11-2007, 10:54 PM
Wow. They call Upton out for interference on the hard slide into 2nd. Double play, and it sends the runner from 3rd back to second base. Good break for the Rockies.

TheChamp24
10-11-2007, 10:55 PM
Way to stay classy Arizona...

spdirty
10-11-2007, 10:56 PM
great call ump!

smalltowngrll
10-11-2007, 10:56 PM
And if it had happened in Denver, no doubt the same thing would happen!

Not saying it's right...just how it is.

TheChamp24
10-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Wow. They call Upton out for interference on the hard slide into 2nd. Double play, and it sends the runner from 3rd back to second base. Good break for the Rockies.

On the replay Upton does throw his shoulder/arm out

and holy shiit, i have NEVER seen the defensive team get called back to the dugout because of fans throwing stuff onto the field.

DomCasual
Phoenix = Philadelphia West.

Rohirrim
I don't think I've ever seen this happen. Where are we, Philadelphia? New York? ;D

DomCasual
10-11-2007, 10:58 PM
I love these AIG commercials, and I usually hate commercials.

spdirty
man, talk about just embarrassing their fans.;D

BMF Bronco
in the immortal words or Ron Burgandy...

"Stay Classy..." Arizona!

smalltowngrll
Hey, Phoenix is just like East LA....I could see this happening there.

Jens1893
10-11-2007, 10:59 PM

Class is overrated anyway ....

bombay
On the replay Upton does throw his shoulder/arm out

and holy shiit, i have NEVER seen the defensive team get called back to the dugout because of fans throwing stuff onto the field.

Yeah, probably the right call.

Fans go berserk.

BMF Bronco

You're saying we'd throw **** on the field?

DomCasual
10-11-2007, 11:00 PM
It's ignorant to boo this. That was the right call. It wasn't even close. He threw his arm and shoulder into him.

Hercules Rockefeller
10-11-2007, 11:01 PM

Not until it starts snowing here

Dukes
They should know better than to throw objects onto the field. MLB isn't going to put up with that behavior. Nor should they. Good call by Hurdle getting the team off the field

smalltowngrll

Yup! A bunch of beer drenched pissed off drunk fans would! That's exactly what happened. Not right, just how it is!

DomCasual
10-11-2007, 11:02 PM
So far, if I could have scripted a start for the Rockies, I couldn't have done better than this.

As I type than, they get runners on first and third.

BMF Bronco
not so much

Jens1893
Can´t wait until CU students are blamed for this ;)

bombay
Back to baseball, and a smart play by Cirillo to beat out a bunt and put two men on for Young.

Rohirrim
Way to go, Jeff! Great game.

TheChamp24
10-11-2007, 11:03 PM
God I love Arizona fans now lol
Way to freakin embarass your entire fan base, and your team.
I didn't think at first what Upton did was illegal, but you clearly can not intentionally shift your body to take out a player. All Upton had to do was continue his slide normal and it would've been 1st and 3rd with 1 out. lol

BMF Bronco
Not until it starts snowing here

that was in what 84? or unless you're talking folsom field

SpringStein

AMEN!

smalltowngrll
10-11-2007, 11:04 PM
You know, it's embarrasing to sit here as a D'Backs fan and watch the fans there do what they are doing. But, those of you who have been to games know, you are pissed at calls that don't always go your team's way. Often times you don't realize the call was the right call until you see it later. ESPECIALLY for those of you who've had a few beers. Don't think any team's fans are above this kind of behavour. It only takes a few to ruin it all. Yeah, it sucks!

bombay
10-11-2007, 11:04 PM

++

Tremendous performance.

DomCasual
10-11-2007, 11:05 PM
I'll tell you, the worst fans I've ever seen are those rotten Cornhusker fans. Talk about a bunch of thugs. Remember the "Sal's dead! Go Big Red!" signs? Who knew that there's be that many freakin' criminals in Nebraska?

DomCasual
10-11-2007, 11:05 PM
:)

Hercules Rockefeller
10-11-2007, 11:06 PM
that was in what 84? or unless you're talking folsom field

They threw **** at the Raiders as they were leaving the field one year on MNF in the late 90's IIRC.

Rohirrim
10-11-2007, 11:07 PM
I've always thought we should plow Nebraska under and let Iowa and Kansas split it.

DomCasual
10-11-2007, 11:07 PM
Whew.

Dukes
10-11-2007, 11:08 PM

At first I thought you were talking about Cirillo ;D

DomCasual
10-11-2007, 11:09 PM
Crap.

Dukes
Bad outing for Hurges

Rohirrim
Damn! My heart doesn't need this crap.

bombay
10-11-2007, 11:10 PM
Loads the bases, but I'm glad Herges didn't give Young much to hit after the 500 foot foul ball.

SpringStein
10-11-2007, 11:11 PM
Damn! My heart doesn't need this crap.

lol - I was about to post the same - make it easy on the fans occassionally!

BMF Bronco
10-11-2007, 11:11 PM
I'll tell you, the worst fans I've ever seen are those rotten Cornhusker fans. Talk about a bunch of thugs. Remember the "Sal's dead! Go Big Red!" signs? Who knew that there's be that many freakin' criminals in Nebraska?

I was greatly appreciative of the entire section having to be cleared at Folsom not too long ago. :thumbsup:

okay, back to baseball, that is for another thread at another time

BMF Bronco
10-11-2007, 11:12 PM
friggin sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet

spdirty
yeah!!!!!!!

Rohirrim
I definitely agree with the pitcher change. Good job, Clint. :thumbsup:

DomCasual
Well, I would say that went about as well as it could have gone.

bombay
Sweet!!

SpringStein
Way to go Jeremy A!

BMF Bronco
10-11-2007, 11:24 PM
anyone else anxious for Fuentes?

spdirty
10-11-2007, 11:25 PM
just get through the "Fuentes inning" with the lead guys.

DomCasual
10-11-2007, 11:25 PM
Anxious is probably a good word.

TheChamp24
10-11-2007, 11:26 PM
Byrnes tried to hit the 1st pitch a freakin mile. Too bad he missed. I think I felt the breeze from that swing :lol:
Fuentes is tough to hit. 4 run lead, I'm not anxious.

DomCasual
10-11-2007, 11:27 PM
I know a lot of people love Eric Byrnes. He bugs me.

bombay
10-11-2007, 11:29 PM
It would be cool if Tony Gwynn sat on Chip Carey and squished him.

DomCasual
10-11-2007, 11:29 PM
Brian Fuentes is still looking for the first 1-2-3 inning in his career.

spdirty
10-11-2007, 11:33 PM
nice.

Rohirrim
That was sweet. One more inning.

BMF Bronco
great pitching by fuentes

spdirty
Brian Fuentes is still looking for the first 1-2-3 inning in his career.

Its OK bud...that inning didnt give us a heart attack.:)

bombay
10-11-2007, 11:34 PM
The Rockies are 3 outs away from knocking off Webb and really seizing the momentum in this series.

BMF Bronco
10-11-2007, 11:36 PM
indeed

DomCasual
10-11-2007, 11:38 PM
From Tom Verducci of Sports Illustrated:

"The Diamondbacks seem unbeatable when Brandon Webb is on the mound: 11-3 since way back in July, including the only time somebody beat Colorado in the last eon. But Arizona BETTER not lose when Webb is on the mound, especially at home in Game 1. The Rockies could inflict a huge blow if they beat the Arizona ace. The rest of the D-Back rotation is spotty. The Rockies are just too balanced offensively, too good defensively and too darn hot in general to pick against."

Assuming we can close this out, this game is HUGE for the Rockies. It's the one game in the series that Arizone could least afford to lose.

spdirty
10-11-2007, 11:40 PM
shlt...come on Kaz, that foots fine, can't lose you.

BMF Bronco
10-11-2007, 11:42 PM
Dom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Knock That **** Off

Rohirrim
10-11-2007, 11:42 PM
From Tom Verducci of Sports Illustrated:

"The Diamondbacks seem unbeatable when Brandon Webb is on the mound: 11-3 since way back in July, including the only time somebody beat Colorado in the last eon. But Arizona BETTER not lose when Webb is on the mound, especially at home in Game 1. The Rockies could inflict a huge blow if they beat the Arizona ace. The rest of the D-Back rotation is spotty. The Rockies are just too balanced offensively, too good defensively and too darn hot in general to pick against."

Assuming we can close this out, this game is HUGE for the Rockies. It's the one game in the series that Arizone could least afford to lose.

Wow. 3 more outs. I'm not going to mention where this could end up, but it's pretty cool. :P

Rohirrim
10-11-2007, 11:45 PM
That one had my knees shaking.

DomCasual
10-11-2007, 11:45 PM
Yow!

spdirty
10-11-2007, 11:46 PM
cool

DomCasual
Augie Ojeda has about a four-inch strike zone.

And there's two.

Rohirrim
One more baby.

Rohirrim
10-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Yeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

DomCasual
10-11-2007, 11:48 PM
HAHAHAHAHA That sucks! The Rockies can't do anything wrong right now!

BMF Bronco
Nice Slide

spdirty
Cool way to end it...great win. YEAH!

Rohirrim
Holliday smoked his ass!

RhymesayersDU
10-11-2007, 11:49 PM
You know, there are still a bunch of games to be played, but man, these guys just keep on winning!

bombay
:rofl:

Nice way to end the game.

Rohirrim
I can't tell you how much I love the way this team plays. To me, this was always what baseball was about. I hate the AL crap. Pitch, hit, steal bases, play defense. This is some great baseball we're watching out of this Rockies team.

BMF Bronco
10-11-2007, 11:50 PM
I love this chinge mierde man!!!!!!!!!

Dukes
10-11-2007, 11:50 PM
Great throw Holliday! Couldn't have scripted a better game for Colorado. This puts Arizona into a HUGE hole. To lose at home while your Cy Young ace is on the mount is brutal. Rocks are in the drivers seat to the WS

BMF Bronco
10-11-2007, 11:55 PM
hell lets go 25 of 26 and win the whole fuggin thing!!!!!

Billy Clyde Puckett
10-12-2007, 12:06 AM
I've got to buy a broom to take to Monday's game. GO ROX!!!!!

TheChamp24
10-12-2007, 12:07 AM
Wohoo! 7 more to go!

BMF Bronco
10-12-2007, 12:08 AM
Dude, I still cannot beleive this ****! I love it!!!!!!!!!

Paladin
10-12-2007, 12:19 AM
Sorry Sassy, nothing personal. But WHOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!

Rockies win!!!

Go Rockies!!!

Go Injuns. Win in 6!!!!!

BMF Bronco
10-12-2007, 12:27 AM
Sassy is a Rox fan, it's STG is the one who's cheering for the worms

Paladin
10-12-2007, 12:29 AM
The announcers on TBS are really out of touch. They kept talking about all the Home Runs hit at the Field in years past, and assume that the altitude still effects the ball. It does, but not as before. None of them heard of the humidor. Maybe they ought to get some information about the team, eh?

Paladin
10-12-2007, 12:30 AM
Sassy is a Rox fan, it's STG is the one who's cheering for the worms

Whoops my apologies., Please switch messages as appropriate.

:rofl:

Sassy
10-12-2007, 12:31 AM
I don't know for sure about me being the Rox fan...but I would like to see them win the WS...I could be a Rox fan...;D just depends on if H can convince me to be a Pirates fan or not! LOL! I'm not the biggest baseball fan but H is getting me into it! (But I do love my hometown Redhawks!)

But what's neat is that the Rockies have only lost 1 game since we saw them play in Denver...(Sept.17th)!!!

BMF Bronco
10-12-2007, 12:34 AM
I don't know for sure about me being the Rox fan...but I would like to see them win the WS...I could be a Rox fan...;D just depends on if H can convince me to be a Pirates fan or not! LOL! I'm not the biggest baseball fan but H is getting me into it! (But I do love my hometown Redhawks!)

Hey, c'mon now, you have been cheering them on, thus you're a Rox fan! Lets see, Rox/Hawks, rymes, go with it! :thumbs: :thumbsup: :thanku:

Sassy
10-12-2007, 12:37 AM
Hey, c'mon now, you have been cheering them on, thus you're a Rox fan! Lets see, Rox/Hawks, rymes, go with it! :thumbs: :thumbsup: :thanku:

Hilarious! Ok...that works!
(But if I'm a Rox fan...I think it was more Helton that got me hooked with the homerun in the bottom of 9 with one on and two outs to win the game!) ;D