PDA

View Full Version : General Baseball Thread 2007

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22

ColoradoBuff
10-03-2007, 06:12 PM
Great first game Rockies!!!

SpringStein
10-03-2007, 06:13 PM
My wife came home for work to watch the last 2 innings. She turned to me and asked - "Can the announcers say anything good about the Rockies?"

Funny that even she would notice the EC bias.

SpringStein
10-03-2007, 06:15 PM
You all tell me: WHO IS THE M...V...P...?

No way it can be Holliday - you know you have to lead your team to the playoffs. Oh wait...maybe the rules will change now. ;)

bamanjam
10-03-2007, 06:21 PM
Are you sure you live in Monument? With comments like that I could assume you are an eastcoast writer??? hmmm...

QUOTE=SpringStein;1738229]No way it can be Holliday - you know you have to lead your team to the playoffs. Oh wait...maybe the rules will change now. ;)[/QUOTE]

Paladin
10-03-2007, 06:23 PM
That EC bias is just so ugly. The TBS guys were talking about what happened to the Phillies. Not one said it was the pitching. Instead it was the "two day layoff" that was the problem for the Phillies, but "Cole" was just great except for one inning. Wow! Just wow.

Know what? I'd like to see the Rockies sweep them.

I had hoped for a spilt. Well, what heck. Why not go for a sweep? Could happen. Morales up tomorrow and Tulo should be over the jitters, and Hawpe has got to hit sometime. Get those boys involved, and anything can happen.....

TheChamp24
10-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Rockies got the momentum! Come on Morales! Continue it tomorrow!

Paladin
10-03-2007, 06:24 PM
Are you sure you live in Monument? With comments like that I could assume you are an eastcoast writer??? hmmm...

QUOTE=SpringStein;1738229]No way it can be Holliday - you know you have to lead your team to the playoffs. Oh wait...maybe the rules will change now. ;)[/QUOTE]

Somebody needs to swop out their sarcasm button....

Hotrod
10-03-2007, 06:28 PM
That EC bias is just so ugly. The TBS guys were talking about what happened to the Phillies. Not one said it was the pitching. Instead it was the "two day layoff" that was the problem for the Phillies, but "Cole" was just great except for one inning. Wow! Just wow.

Know what? I'd like to see the Rockies sweep them.

I had hoped for a spilt. Well, what heck. Why not go for a sweep? Could happen. Morales up tomorrow and Tulo should be over the jitters, and Hawpe has got to hit sometime. Get those boys involved, and anything can happen.....

your not being very humble

bamanjam
10-03-2007, 06:31 PM
Hey there Paladin, I started in August of 2004, you started in September of 2004, I have 144 posts, you 3000somethin, give a newbie a break...Ha

elsid13
10-03-2007, 06:47 PM
BOSOX time.

bamanjam
10-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Lackey continues his woes at Fenway...

BOSOX time.

elsid13
10-03-2007, 07:06 PM
Lackey continues his woes at Fenway...

My heart really bleeds for him. (;D)

elsid13
10-03-2007, 07:07 PM
Beckett starting out strong. Time for the offense to going.

Bronco LB 59
10-03-2007, 07:07 PM
Beckett is throwing gas. 98 MPH!

BMF Bronco
10-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Oh hells yeah, been in meetings all afternoon, but had updates via text message! way to go boys!!!! 10 to go

elsid13
10-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Big Papi 2 run bomb

bamanjam
10-03-2007, 07:31 PM
I can tell...

My heart really bleeds for him. (;D)

Kaylore
10-03-2007, 08:00 PM
Hooray for the rockies! Great statement game. Let's keep the pressure on!

Kaylore
10-03-2007, 08:16 PM
The Red Sox are all overweight. What a bunch of fatso's.ugh!~

OrangeShadow
10-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Just got home from going out to eat,becketts dominating!

SpringStein
10-03-2007, 08:38 PM
Moreno goes tomorrow for Rockies. Who starts on Saturday?

elsid13
10-03-2007, 08:50 PM
Beckett -8 inning 3 hits 8 strikes outs and down right nasty!!!

phillybroncosnut
10-03-2007, 08:53 PM
Nice win for your boys today. Fancis pitched a whale of a game for a guy who gave up 14 er in just 8 1/3rd innings against the Phils this season. Shows how mature he really is. Tis a good sign for Rocks fans.
I'm surprised it was such a pitchers dual. I was also shocked how poorly Rollins and Utley played. Howard doesn't surprise me when he K's. It's his job to swing for the fenses. K's come along with that. I thought the at bat that killed the Phils (besides Utley getting the golden sumbraro) was in the 8th and Fuentes had only thrown 2 strikes out of 8 pitches, J-Roll swung at a ball on the outter half on a 3-1 count. When a pitcher comes in and walks the first batter and goes 3-1 to you, you can only look for your pitch in that situation. If you don't get that pitch, you don't swing. Rollins tried to pull it and popped up to short.
Just so you know, Gordon is our Julio. When he is in, look for the long ball. I always do and he didn't disappoint. The only lights out Pen guy that we have is JC Romero. Hitters can get to Myers but they have to wait on one of the best curveballs in the game.

You guys really need to stop whining about the "east coast bias". I heard alot of praise about the Rockies all week long. I didn't hear the announcers cause I was at the game but it sounds like you have selected memory. If the Phillies get a compliment, it doesn't translate into "The Rockies suck". Your team is fine. Stop taking what the announcers say personally. Just enjoy this series that will take 5 games to decide a winner.

OrangeShadow
10-03-2007, 08:53 PM
i jumped up and yelled at that last K

spdirty
10-03-2007, 08:55 PM
This team just continues to amaze. I know one thing, if they win tomorrow, I am not even gonna watch the game Saturday. Just continue to listen to Jeff and Jack, for superstitious reasons..

phillybroncosnut
10-03-2007, 08:57 PM
Nice K on Howard to start off the bottom of the 9th!

That was a joke! 2nd strike was at his ankles and called 3rd was 6-10 inches inside.

phillybroncosnut
10-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Well, boys - that was a relaxed, focused team you just watched. Holy cow! Phillies HAVE to win tomorrow, or it could be ugly for them. ALL the pressure will be on them!

No they don't. As much as I don't want to be down 0-2, if we fall tomorrow, this series is far from over. The Phillies play much better when their backs are to the wall. Just like the Rockies, the Phils HAD to win every game down the stretch. I don't think either team has, or will feel pressure in these playoffs. Neither team has anything to lose. Neither was expected to be there.

OrangeShadow
10-03-2007, 09:02 PM
cmon beckett, get the CG

OrangeShadow
10-03-2007, 09:03 PM
WOOHOO im glad i recorded that game(even though i saw the last few innings)

spdirty
10-03-2007, 09:04 PM
who won the all star game?

elsid13
10-03-2007, 09:06 PM
Beckett dominated tonight.

CG 8 K and 4 singles and was hitting 96 to 98 mph on his fastball (WOW)

phillybroncosnut
10-03-2007, 09:08 PM
who won the all star game?

As if it mattered, the AL.... for the 50th time in a row. I can't see an NL team winning a game against any of the AL playoff team let alone a series.

spdirty
10-03-2007, 09:09 PM
As if it mattered, the AL.... for the 50th time in a row. I can't see an NL team winning a game against any of the AL playoff team let alone a series.

damnit! Oh well, just happy to be here...in the NLDS that is...not looking ahead.

SpringStein
10-03-2007, 09:24 PM
Nice win for your boys today. Fancis pitched a whale of a game for a guy who gave up 14 er in just 8 1/3rd innings against the Phils this season. Shows how mature he really is. Tis a good sign for Rocks fans.
I'm surprised it was such a pitchers dual. I was also shocked how poorly Rollins and Utley played. Howard doesn't surprise me when he K's. It's his job to swing for the fenses. K's come along with that. I thought the at bat that killed the Phils (besides Utley getting the golden sumbraro) was in the 8th and Fuentes had only thrown 2 strikes out of 8 pitches, J-Roll swung at a ball on the outter half on a 3-1 count. When a pitcher comes in and walks the first batter and goes 3-1 to you, you can only look for your pitch in that situation. If you don't get that pitch, you don't swing. Rollins tried to pull it and popped up to short.
Just so you know, Gordon is our Julio. When he is in, look for the long ball. I always do and he didn't disappoint. The only lights out Pen guy that we have is JC Romero. Hitters can get to Myers but they have to wait on one of the best curveballs in the game.

You guys really need to stop whining about the "east coast bias". I heard alot of praise about the Rockies all week long. I didn't hear the announcers cause I was at the game but it sounds like you have selected memory. If the Phillies get a compliment, it doesn't translate into "The Rockies suck". Your team is fine. Stop taking what the announcers say personally. Just enjoy this series that will take 5 games to decide a winner.

Agree with you on the the Rollins AB. If he works for a walk in that situation, there are guys on 1st/2nd and no out. I told my wife that Rollins had really helped the Rocks there.

My biggest issue with the EC bias - it really didn't appear that the announcers knew much about Rockies players other than Helton, Holliday and Tulo. Francis was benefitting from throwing through the shadows meanwhile Hamels was dominating against a strong Rockies lineup. I don't think it was even mentioned that Francis won 17 games this year.

Of course I'm prejudiced - so take that with a grain of salt.

Oh yea, congrats on having the Denver curse lifted!! ;)

SpringStein
10-03-2007, 09:38 PM
btw - Hamels was really impressive. I don't want to go back to Philly and face him in game 5.

Paladin
10-03-2007, 09:39 PM
BPN: Are you going to the game tomorrow? I need to know. My bookie is waiting....

elsid13
10-03-2007, 09:40 PM
Agree with you on the the Rollins AB. If he works for a walk in that situation, there are guys on 1st/2nd and no out. I told my wife that Rollins had really helped the Rocks there.

My biggest issue with the EC bias - it really didn't appear that the announcers knew much about Rockies players other than Helton, Holliday and Tulo. Francis was benefitting from throwing through the shadows meanwhile Hamels was dominating against a strong Rockies lineup. I don't think it was even mentioned that Francis won 17 games this year.

The problems that TBS decide to have the guys that are AL TV games do the NL and vice versa. The play by play guy in your series is the guy who is the Red Sox regular announcer. So they aren't as familiar with the players. Add to the fact that most people don't get the HD feed I not happy with TBS having the games....

phillybroncosnut
10-03-2007, 09:49 PM

Yep, that Rollins AB hurt.

Bah, the EC biased is a WC creation. If the Phils play the Yanks, or Mess, or Red Sox and it's nationally televised, the bulk of the compliments will go with the other teams. I think it's more of a, "who's better so we can suck their c0ck during the game" or "who has the bigger names so we don't look like idiots" rather then a coastal bias.
Do what I do, listen to the home town braodcast!

Yeah, I guess I cursed myself with the 0-16 comment. It's now 1-16. I sure wish it was the broncos who broke that goose egg!

spdirty
10-03-2007, 09:50 PM
The problems that TBS decide to have the guys that are AL TV games do the NL and vice versa. The play by play guy in your series is the guy who is the Red Sox regular announcer. So they aren't as familiar with the players. Add to the fact that most people don't get the HD feed I not happy with TBS having the games....

Yeah I can't wait till the Rockies are on Fox.:wiggle:

phillybroncosnut
10-03-2007, 09:52 PM
btw - Hamels was really impressive. I don't want to go back to Philly and face him in game 5.

Hamels has a lights out change-up. Alot of national reporters/announcers say it's the best in the majors, or 2nd to Santana.
The kid is really great. He went 15-5 but missed a month and a half. I can't wait to see what he does when he mature's.

phillybroncosnut
10-03-2007, 09:55 PM
BPN: Are you going to the game tomorrow? I need to know. My bookie is waiting....

Careful, I was 27-2 this season. The lone losses happened today and Saturday against the Nats.

I don't think i am going tomorrow. I got out of work today so I will be way behind tomorrow. I am don't want to work the weekend to catch up. I need to be well rested for the Phils vs Cubs/D-Backs next week!:wiggle:

spdirty
10-03-2007, 10:50 PM
Careful, I was 27-2 this season. The lone losses happened today and Saturday against the Nats.

I don't think i am going tomorrow. I got out of work today so I will be way behind tomorrow. I am don't want to work the weekend to catch up. I need to be well rested for the Phils vs Cubs/D-Backs next week!:wiggle:

go tomorrow and you'll be 27-3.:~ohyah!:

TheChamp24
10-03-2007, 11:10 PM
That was a joke! 2nd strike was at his ankles and called 3rd was 6-10 inches inside.

lol, whatever. Your big bats gotta swing and protect the plate with 2 strikes. Those were close pitches.

No they don't. As much as I don't want to be down 0-2, if we fall tomorrow, this series is far from over. The Phillies play much better when their backs are to the wall. Just like the Rockies, the Phils HAD to win every game down the stretch. I don't think either team has, or will feel pressure in these playoffs. Neither team has anything to lose. Neither was expected to be there.

If the Phillies go down 0-2, its over. Rockies win it in Colorado. Say what you want and believe your team can come back, but I just don't see it happening. I think down 0-2, you might see some of the Phillies stars pressing a little bit more trying to do too much.

phillybroncosnut
10-03-2007, 11:24 PM
lol, whatever. Your big bats gotta swing and protect the plate with 2 strikes. Those were close pitches.

If the Phillies go down 0-2, its over. Rockies win it in Colorado. Say what you want and believe your team can come back, but I just don't see it happening. I think down 0-2, you might see some of the Phillies stars pressing a little bit more trying to do too much.

Dude, I didn't come here making excuses. I simply commented on your reply about the Howard K. Weren't you one of the posters whining endlessly about the umps strikezone in the Pads game?
I merely stated the obvious. The same obvious that Frank Thomas and Cal Ripken stated about that exact at bat on the post game show.
I'm not worried about Howard. He whiff's alot. He connects alot also.
Bottom line, the Rockies made the most of their opps and we didn't. The Rox won the game. no doubt. That said, only a blind man would think both those pitches were strikes.

"Those were close pitches". Yep, on the second strike, if my 6 year old was batting. On the punch out pitch, it was a strike if the plate moved to the pitchers left about 10".

You can be a homer bro, that's expected. Being clueless is entirely different!

As far as going down 0-2, it is not over. When you have the #1 offense in the league, winning 3 in a row is not unheard of. If the Phils can drop 2 at home, so can the Rox. Game 5 is here with a rematch of Hamels and Francis. I would take my chances in a game 5 at home. This series is only beginning. A 2-0 deficit is not the final nail. We played well in Coors in the regular season. We dropped 2 of 3 but lead in the 1 game late only to have the Rox come back on our Bullpen. A bullpen that didn't have Romero, or Myers. Winning 2 in Coors is far from impossible.

Now, don't get me wrong, i don't want to face that, but, it is not "OVER" if we go down 0-2.

24champ
10-03-2007, 11:42 PM
Dude, I didn't come here making excuses. I simply commented on your reply about the Howard K. Weren't you one of the posters whining endlessly about the umps strikezone in the Pads game?
I merely stated the obvious. The same obvious that Frank Thomas and Cal Ripken stated about that exact at bat on the post game show.
Bottom line, the Rockies made the most of their opps and we didn't. The Rox won the game. no doubt. That said, only a blind man would think both those pitches were strikes.

"Those were close pitches". Yep, on the second strike, if my 6 year old was batting. On the punch out pitch, it was a strike if the plate moved to the pitchers left about 10".

As far as going down 0-2, it is not over. When you have the #1 offense in the league, winning 3 in a row is not unheard of. If the Phils can drop 2 at home, so can the Rox. Game 5 is here with a rematch of Hamels and Francis. I would take my chances in a game 5 at home. This series is only beginning. A 2-0 deficit is not the final nail. We played well in Coors in the regular season. We dropped 2 of 3 but lead in the 1 game late only to have the Rox come back on our Bullpen. A bullpen that didn't have Romero, or Myers. Winning 2 in Coors is far from impossible.

Now, don't get me wrong, i don't want to face that, but, it is not "OVER" if we go down 0-2.

Like I said earlier, if you say something bad or question a call that happened to favor the Rockies, a pack of rabid dogs are going to come after you.

PatsWin2002
10-03-2007, 11:47 PM
Like I said earlier, if you say something bad or question a call that happened to favor the Rockies, a pack of rabid dogs are going to come after you.

:troll:

24champ
10-04-2007, 12:05 AM
:troll:

Shut the hell up Paladin...er Patswin. Ha!

crawdad
10-04-2007, 12:07 AM
By the way...Go D'backs... CUBS..Completely Useless By September
Brandon Webb is a stud pitcher. Congrats to the Rockies

crawdad
10-04-2007, 12:07 AM
Ooops it is October...Oh well

Rohirrim
10-04-2007, 12:16 PM
Today at 1:00. Rox already have the split. They could really put the hammer down on the Phillies by winning today. GO ROX!

TheChamp24
10-04-2007, 12:26 PM

First, I don't know if I was complaining about the strike zone. If I was, I was more upset of the inconsistency of it, kinda like yesterday. I don't like how umps call one pitch a strike, the next pitch in the exact same place a ball. Howard's strike 3 probably would've been a ball earlier in the game. I saw the ump expanding the zone late in the game. I don't even remember the strike 2 call so I can't really comment on that.
And thanks for calling me clueless, that helps a lot...
And the reason why I said the Rockies win the series if they win today is because of the roll they are on. And maybe you can't accept the fact that the Rockies just might have a better team than your Phillies?
The way I see it, both teams are EXTREMELY close on nearly everything. Hitting - slight edge to Philly, Pitching - equal, defense - edge to the Rockies. Its not like either team is heads above the other. Its my opinion that I think whoever wins this series, wins the NLCS.

Paladin
10-04-2007, 12:38 PM
Whether the Rockies win or not today is less important since they needed to get a spilt to have a real chance to win the series. I don't think the Phillies can yet be counted out, but I think the game favors Morales today; he has beaten that Phillies and the Rockies bombed the guy they are pitching today in September. In Phillie, IIRC. Didn't that game end 12-0 Rockies? The whole "psychological battle" BS is "important" only to the fans watching. What happens on the field is important. Nothing you or I say will have any kind of an effect one way or the other. (If our verbage affected real world events, I am sure UBL would have been castrated and hung a long time ago. N'es se pas?) Frankly, the Rockies have been loose and just playing ball while the Phillies seem a bit uptight. The fans in Phillie are not helping, it seems to me, because they are putting more pressure on the team..

I think your ideas about getting ready for the next series are admirable, misguided though they may be. I do not make predictions. So I will not say. But I am pulling for the Rockies.....

I have work to do before the game. See ya later.....

PatsWin2002
10-04-2007, 02:29 PM
Comcast just added TBS in HD this week. I have the luxury of working from home today - so I will be watching.

ColoradoBuff
10-04-2007, 03:04 PM
Let's go Rox......let's go back home up 2-0!!!!!

Rohirrim
10-04-2007, 03:04 PM
Here we go! Go Rockies!

bronco militia
10-04-2007, 03:05 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/media/player/mp_tpl.jsp?w=mms%3A//a1503.l1086935920.c10869.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1503/10869/v0001/reflector%3A35920&gid=2007/10/04/colmlb-phimlb-1&vid=tbs&pid=gen_video&cid=mlb&v=2&mType=w&urlstr=&mUrl=&type=v_free&_mp=1

Rohirrim
10-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Homer!!!!

bronco militia
10-04-2007, 03:09 PM
is that link working for you guys?

Rohirrim
Ha! :homer: Holliday!

SpringStein
For those of us not watching was Tulo's a no doubter - or a Philly fly ball?

bronco militia
mvp ding dong again

Master___Pain
And another one!!!!!!!!

See sig, nuff said

ColoradoBuff
10-04-2007, 03:10 PM
1-0.....HR by Tulo~~!!!!! Jesus......another by Holliday!~ That a baby ROx!

Rohirrim
10-04-2007, 03:11 PM
2 zip.

http://blogs.chron.com/sciguy/archives/3000-austin-powers.jpg

Yeah, baby!

Rohirrim
10-04-2007, 03:11 PM

No doubt. Went past the first wall, into the flower bed, and bounced back onto the field.

Master___Pain
10-04-2007, 03:12 PM

To quote Major League

"Who gives a ****, it's gone"

ColoradoBuff
10-04-2007, 03:13 PM
perfect start....hell ya!

bronco militia
10-04-2007, 03:14 PM
mlb.com is showing the game live

ColoradoBuff
10-04-2007, 03:14 PM
Poor PhillyNut.....

Rohirrim
10-04-2007, 03:15 PM
Whoa! Rollins dings one.

ColoradoBuff
10-04-2007, 03:15 PM
No worries Morales......Rollins is a great hitter.

ColoradoBuff
10-04-2007, 03:17 PM
Wind blowin out or something?

DomCasual
10-04-2007, 03:17 PM
Wow. I hope that's not where he wanted that pitch to go. Because that was fat.

Rohirrim
10-04-2007, 03:20 PM
Dp Dp Dp!

Rohirrim
10-04-2007, 03:23 PM
I like the way Morales settled in after giving up that first pitch dinger.

24champ
10-04-2007, 03:48 PM
Don't be an ass. The Rockies have the best team fielding percentage EVER in MLB history.

I just saw another spectacular play by the BEST fielding team EVER!

24champ
10-04-2007, 03:53 PM
3-2 Phillies, Rollins putting the team on his back.

SpringStein
10-04-2007, 03:54 PM
At this rate, the bullpen will be in early. 50 pitches and 3 runs in 2 innings. Need to close the door here.

Master___Pain
10-04-2007, 04:05 PM
I just saw another spectacular play by the BEST fielding team EVER!

Why do you have to come off like a whiney 2 year old? Statistically, the rockies had the best fielding % in MLB history. Are they perfect...um, no. You are really showing your ass here "champ"

BroncoBuff
10-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Morales has excellent stuff ... a wicked fastball and beautiful curve. He throws the curce with a nice fastball motion, too. Pretty hapless location, but at least you can work on that.

DomCasual
10-04-2007, 04:08 PM
Dude, you really can't argue with the numbers. Does it make them literally the best fielding team ever? Well, by one standard, it does. Statistics aren't the end all and be all of fact. But opinion is obviously subjective. Something like fielding percentage isn't.

DomCasual
10-04-2007, 04:10 PM
Morales has excellent stuff ... a wicked fastball and beautiful curve. He throws the curce with a nice fastball motion, too. Pretty hapless location, but at least you can work on that.

He's known far and wide for his curce. :D

Hotrod
10-04-2007, 04:12 PM
Well if ya cant beat'em then bean'em

BroncoBuff
10-04-2007, 04:14 PM
Best fielding team EVER?

Silly ... fielding percentage is a wildly misleading stat (kinda like QB efficiency). The stat grades only playable chances, so, while for example super-fast outfields run themselves into far more chances, they also run themselves into less routine, tougher plays, and their fielding pct. drops. Take the 80s Cardinals - Vince Coleman, Willie McGee, Andy Van Slyke. That crazy speed got them close to more balls - but also droped ther pct.

24champ
10-04-2007, 04:14 PM
Statistics are right but when it comes to making clutch plays, that's what makes you the best fielding team ever. Some are making it out to be a defense that cannot be beaten whatsoever. Clearly that is not the case.

BroncoBuff
10-04-2007, 04:16 PM
Exactly, amigo. A stone statue in centerfield could go .999 on fielding percentage, but you wouldn't want him out there ...

Then again, although it is true that super-fast outfields like the Royals' Pat Sheridan, Lonnie Smith and Willie Wilson run themselves into more tough plays ... the differenceis, they also botched the ROUTINE plays :~ohyah!:

DomCasual
10-04-2007, 04:18 PM
Best fielding team EVER?

Silly ... fielding percentage is a wildly misleading stat (kinda like QB efficiency). The stat grades only playable chances, so, while for example super-fast outfields run themselves into far more chances, they also run themselves into less routine, tougher plays, and their fielding pct. drops. Take the 80s Cardinals - Vince Coleman, Willie McGee, Andy Van Slyke. That crazy speed got them close to more balls - but also droped ther pct.

Right. Hence, the subjectivity of opinion. I don't think the Rockies are the best fielding team ever, because I don't think there's a way to quantify such a thing. Fielding percentage is the closest thing there is, and it's indisputable that they have the best fielding percentage ever.

DomCasual
10-04-2007, 04:19 PM
Besides, it's well known champ is a Rockies hater! :D

defenseman
10-04-2007, 04:22 PM
It appears the rockies are getting the bat on the ball for the most part. Hope some start dropping in...dman

24champ
10-04-2007, 04:23 PM
Besides, it's well known champ is a Rockies hater! :D

Nah...I love the Monforts. :)

BroncoBuff
10-04-2007, 04:24 PM
Purple Power!

.... 2 on, Morales is history.

I'll give you three words, Franklin: Location, location, location.

24champ
10-04-2007, 04:25 PM
Morales is done. Interesting move by Hurdle.

Hotrod
10-04-2007, 04:26 PM
whos coming in?

24champ
10-04-2007, 04:28 PM
whos coming in?

Don't know, but Seth Smith pinch hit and now the bases are loaded for the rocks.

BroncoBuff
10-04-2007, 04:30 PM
I don't think I've ever seen both starters yanked in the 4th in just a 3-2 game.

Especially when 3 of the 5 runs scored were solo homers in the 1st inning ???

SpringStein
10-04-2007, 04:33 PM
Kazzzzzzzzzzzzzz

BroncoBuff
10-04-2007, 04:34 PM
That Is One MEMORABLE Moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deeeeeep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Le Grand
http://z.about.com/d/italianfood/1/0/-/0/1/finocchiona.jpg

ColoradoBuff
Kaz Matsui!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24champ
This game is going to be REAL interesting now...6-3 Rockies and both starters are yanked. It's up to the Bullpen now.

DomCasual
Nice call by Hurdle pinch hitting for the pitcher.

PatsWin2002
That pitch wasn't even that bad - looked like he was throwing low to induce a groundout.

Kudos to Kaz for golfing that fugger out!

eddie mac
10-04-2007, 04:35 PM
Matsui with the slam 6-3 Rockies. Woot

Stormontheplains
Hell ya hell ya way to go kaz man oh hell yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

defenseman
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!JUST FREAKING WOW!!!!!!!!!....Clutch hit to say the least..dman

Garcia Bronco
10-04-2007, 04:37 PM
4 Run Shot!!!!!!

bronco militia
10-04-2007, 04:37 PM
ro ro rodzilla!

BroncoBuff
10-04-2007, 04:38 PM
I hope Morales' confidence isn't hurt ... we're gonna need him in the LCS :giggle:

.... wait a minute, I'm not a Rockies fan.

Hotrod
10-04-2007, 04:39 PM
Hurdle is the freaking man ;D

BroncoBuff
10-04-2007, 04:40 PM
Mat-SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOi!
http://z.about.com/d/italianfood/1/0/-/0/1/finocchiona.jpg

BroncoBuff
10-04-2007, 04:41 PM
Hurdle is the freaking man ;D
Dan Hawkins mentioned at his press conference that he and Hurdle have become pals, they call each other for pep talks apparently.

Stormontheplains
10-04-2007, 04:44 PM
Reports that there is Fogg in PHilly keeping them from hitting are true!!!!

SpringStein
10-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Big strikeout by Fogg after being behind 3-0.

Hotrod
10-04-2007, 05:13 PM
Anyone bringing a broom to Coors field Saturday Ha!

DomCasual
10-04-2007, 05:13 PM
Jose Mesa has always been one of my favorite pitchers! :) I wish they had Ray King in their bullpen, too.

Master___Pain
10-04-2007, 05:14 PM
I am laughing at Joe Table. So glad he's not a Rockie anymore.

Garcia Bronco
10-04-2007, 05:16 PM
WOW....are they really this good? Or lucky?

DomCasual
10-04-2007, 05:17 PM

Luck doesn't translate into 16 out of 17 pressure-packed wins. You definitely need good breaks, but this team is good.

24champ
10-04-2007, 05:17 PM

They have won 15 games in their last 16 I believe...so yeah I'd say they are pretty good.

24champ
10-04-2007, 05:18 PM
Luck doesn't translate into 16 out of 17 pressure-packed wins. You definitely need good breaks, but this team is good.

Yeah 16 out of 17 if they hold on today.

Billy Clyde Puckett
10-04-2007, 05:19 PM
Matsui looking for a big contract

DomCasual
Mat-soooooooeeeeeeeeee!

SpringStein
Kazzzzzz with the triple - just needs a single for the cycle. :)

defenseman
A single for Matsui, and he hits for the cycle...dman

Hotrod
Ok I've been away from the game for about 1 1/2 years so I might be nuts. But exactly why do you bring in a guy with a 7.11 season era in the 6th inning of a near must win game??? Then you leave him in after he proves he cant find the strike zone.

Surely there is a better option in that situation with your season damn near on the line.

ColoradoBuff
10-04-2007, 05:21 PM
Great game by Kaz!!!

bamanjam
10-04-2007, 05:22 PM
10-3 we're in good shape!!!

SpringStein
10-04-2007, 05:22 PM
Holliday with his second rbi today.

ColoradoBuff
10-04-2007, 05:23 PM
PhillyNut has to be on suicide watch now~!!

ColoradoBuff
10-04-2007, 05:24 PM
Damn...I can't wait till Saturday nite, Coors Field will be ROCKIN~!!!!

broncofan2438
10-04-2007, 05:25 PM
This team is unbelievable......its awsome.......hey 24champbailey, ill trade you my Dodger hat for a Rockies one!

REB
10-04-2007, 05:25 PM
I'm watching it. I don't usually pay close attention to baseball but Go Rockies!

ColoradoBuff
10-04-2007, 05:26 PM
Come on Affeldt......

bamanjam
10-04-2007, 05:30 PM
I am not sure with the crappy Monforts that the Rox can/will afford him. Maybe with this extra postseason income the Rockies WILL in fact reinvest in the team...???

Matsui looking for a big contract

ColoradoBuff
10-04-2007, 05:32 PM
I am not sure with the crappy Monforts that the Rox can/will afford him. Maybe with this extra postseason income the Rockies WILL in fact reinvest in the team...???

Monfort said this morning that they will be re-investing the postseason revenue back into the team. Said their payroll is currently around 45 million and are looking for it to be around 70 million next year. So it looks good!!

bamanjam
10-04-2007, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the info Hawk, that's a little more reassuring...

Monfort said this morning that they will be re-investing the postseason revenue back into the team. Said their payroll is currently around 45 million and are looking for it to be around 70 million next year. So it looks good!!

DomCasual
10-04-2007, 05:35 PM

There was a column the other day in which the Monforts claimed they would go as high as $70 million next year. That should be enough to do some damage with long-term deals for some of their key guys. It's probably not going to lock Holliday up, but he's going to get something like $8 million in arbitration, anyway.

I don't care if they signed a single outside free agent (although it would be nice to get a few more decent arms). I just want them to lock up their nucleus.

I don't get the impression Holliday is going to stick around long. I think he's going to look to break the bank, and that means New York, Chicago, Boston, etc. But, if we're going to lose him, we need to do it via a trade. He's going to be worth a king's ransom.

DomCasual
10-04-2007, 05:36 PM
Been reading the Phillies board. I don't know that I've ever seen anything quite like it. :)

Jens1893
10-04-2007, 05:38 PM
link, dom?

Hotrod
Been reading the Phillies board. I don't know that I've ever seen anything quite like it. :)

Whats their feelings on Mesa Ha!

bamanjam
I have found most of the Philly fans to be classless arrogent jerks. How are they on their board?

DomCasual
10-04-2007, 05:39 PM
link, dom?

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?webtag=ml-phillies

Old Dude
10-04-2007, 05:39 PM
Lotsa scorin' today!

Old Dude
10-04-2007, 05:40 PM
The hits keep comin'!

bamanjam
10-04-2007, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the link Dom!!!

Old Dude
10-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Dang. DP.

I should just go away.

DomCasual
10-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Whats their feelings on Mesa Ha!

They're past Mesa. Now they want Charlie Manuel's head on a stick. And some Dodger fan just told one of their female fans that he wishes Kobe Bryant would rape her. Yikes!

ColoradoBuff
10-04-2007, 05:48 PM
They're past Mesa. Now they want Charlie Manuel's head on a stick. And some Dodger fan just told one of their female fans that he wishes Kobe Bryant would rape her. Yikes!

LMAOHilarious! LOL !!!

DomCasual
10-04-2007, 05:48 PM
Kaz Matsui due up 2nd in the 8th. He needs a single to hit for the cycle. I don't think that's ever been done in the playoffs.

PatsWin2002
10-04-2007, 05:49 PM
Kinda cool having Don Orsillo calling the game. He's the voice of the Red Sox.

DomCasual
10-04-2007, 05:50 PM
There's one Rockies troll there that is just pushing their buttons in the game thread. He's just literate enough to be pretty effective at it.

DomCasual
10-04-2007, 05:51 PM
Kinda cool having Don Orsillo calling the game. He's the voice of the Red Sox.

Is he the play-by-play guy or the color guy? I've been fairly impressed with the color guy.

DomCasual
10-04-2007, 05:53 PM
Kaz Matsui due up 2nd in the 8th. He needs a single to hit for the cycle. I don't think that's ever been done in the playoffs.

By the way, champ (quoting myself here) - this would make him the best postseason hitter EVER! :)

PatsWin2002
10-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Is he the play-by-play guy or the color guy? I've been fairly impressed with the color guy.

Former Red Sox 2nd baseman Jerry Remy has been the Red Sox color guy for like 17 years. He is terrific. Don Orsillo replaced Sean McDonough a few years ago.

So, how Orsillo ended up calling your series...and being paired with someone new....I have no idea.

Honestly, I hate not being able to hear our own guys when the playoffs start. I figure some of you feel the same way.

It's still better than having to listen to Joe Morgan tell me that every pitch is a "cutter" and describe what we already saw. He is the worst.

24champ
10-04-2007, 05:58 PM
By the way, champ (quoting myself here) - this would make him the best postseason hitter EVER! :)

Almost...Almost the best EVER! ;D

24champ
10-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Former Red Sox 2nd baseman Jerry Remy has been the Red Sox color guy for like 17 years. He is terrific. Don Orsillo replaced Sean McDonough a few years ago.

So, how Orsillo ended up calling your series...and being paired with someone new....I have no idea.

Honestly, I hate not being able to hear our own guys when the playoffs start. I figure some of you feel the same way.

It's still better than having to listen to Joe Morgan tell me that every pitch is a "cutter" and describe what we already saw. He is the worst.

Shut up ya troll. ;D

DomCasual
10-04-2007, 06:00 PM

Actually, I have really enjoyed not being able to hear our guys. Getting to the playoffs is the cake. Not being able to hear our guys is like a big load of icing.

But that's me. :)

PatsWin2002
10-04-2007, 06:05 PM
Actually, I have really enjoyed not being able to hear our guys. Getting to the playoffs is the cake. Not being able to hear our guys is like a big load of icing.

But that's me. :)

I'm surprised to hear you say that. Don Orsillo is top-notch, but there's no way he knows the Rockies or the Phillies as well as your own announcers.

At least he doesn't have a Bahston accent to drive you all nuts. :)

DomCasual
10-04-2007, 06:07 PM
Hey, have you guys heard of that show, Frank Tv? I heard something in passing. I wish whomever was showing it would promote it more.

Kaylore
10-04-2007, 06:07 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTT! Matsui is the man today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:militia:

DomCasual
10-04-2007, 06:08 PM
I'm surprised to hear you say that. Don Orsillo is top-notch, but there's no way he knows the Rockies or the Phillies as well as your own announcers.

At least he doesn't have a Bahston accent to drive you all nuts. :)

I just don't like our guys all that much. It's good to get an outsider's perspective.

It's funny, though. On the Phillies board, they're talking about how the announcers are Rockies homers. I think a few of the fans over there are missing a chromosome.

OrangeShadow
10-04-2007, 06:09 PM

yeah i miss the humour of don and jerry

DomCasual
10-04-2007, 06:11 PM
yeah i miss the humour of don and jerry

I never really watch it. I can never keep it straight - is Jerry the mouse or the cat?

OrangeShadow
10-04-2007, 06:12 PM
I never really watch it. I can never keep it straight - is Jerry the mouse or the cat?

:thumbs: that was good

DomCasual
10-04-2007, 06:13 PM
:thumbs: that was good

:) You've been a great crowd! I'll be in town all week.

ColoradoBuff
10-04-2007, 06:14 PM
i hate watchin fuentes pitch.

24champ
10-04-2007, 06:15 PM
Dom is Fuentes going to have the biggest Meltdown EVER!?

eddie mac
10-04-2007, 06:16 PM
Bases loaded for the Phillies. ****

Hotrod
10-04-2007, 06:16 PM
throw freaking strikes with a 5 run lead ****

DomCasual
10-04-2007, 06:18 PM
Dom is Fuentes going to have the biggest Meltdown EVER!?

I'm going to have the biggest meltdown EVER if we can't get an out here.

Fuentes just kills me. He just never makes it easy. And it sucks having to bring Corpas in when you're up five freaking runs.

PatsWin2002
10-04-2007, 06:18 PM
It's like watching Gagne.......

DomCasual
10-04-2007, 06:19 PM
This thing with Manny Corpas is so stupid. The guy dumped water on his jersey on a hot day. I'm pretty sure that's been done before.

eddie mac
10-04-2007, 06:21 PM
phew. Great job Corpas

DomCasual
That ball is hit out of the park if Corpas doesn't have a wet jersey.

24champ
Corpas gets out of the jam. Pretty much game IMO.

24champ
10-04-2007, 06:23 PM
That ball is hit out of the park if Corpas doesn't have a wet jersey.

Did you like the slow mo of Corpas pouring water on himself?LOL

Hotrod
10-04-2007, 06:23 PM
This thing with Manny Corpas is so stupid. The guy dumped water on his jersey on a hot day. I'm pretty sure that's been done before.

850koa was saying its a routine thing he does before entering every game.

DomCasual
10-04-2007, 06:25 PM
Game Three has all the makings of a blowout. If the Phillies are competitive, I'll take my hat off to them. This game was demoralizing.

SpringStein
10-04-2007, 06:32 PM
2 down, 1 more out.

eddie mac
One more out and it's 2-0

Old Dude
One to go...

eddie mac
10-04-2007, 06:33 PM
Utley with a single.

Sassy
10-04-2007, 06:34 PM
ROCKIES WIN AGAIN!!!:thanku: !Booya! :thumbsup:

eddie mac
10-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Another base hit. 2 on.

Old Dude
10-04-2007, 06:35 PM
Still one to go ...

Still one to go ...

C'mon, guys.

DomCasual
10-04-2007, 06:35 PM
ROCKIES WIN AGAIN!!!

Sssshhh! You'll upset the baseball gods. Still need an out!

Sassy
10-04-2007, 06:37 PM
Ha! I know...sorry...was a little excited!
I'm listening to it!

eddie mac
10-04-2007, 06:38 PM
Game Over. Nice finish Corpas

SpringStein
2-0 Kazzzz so sweeettt!!!!!!

Sassy
There It Is!!!

Hotrod
left the bat on his shoulder Ha!

Come home boys lets party

SpringStein
10-04-2007, 06:39 PM
ROCKIES WIN AGAIN!!!:thanku: !Booya! :thumbsup:

I certainly wouldn't have projected a two game sweep in Philly. :flower:

24champ
10-04-2007, 06:39 PM
Good game by the Rocks.

Yankees up 1-0 in the first already vs the tribe.

Broncosfreak_56
10-04-2007, 06:40 PM
Hell yeah! Go Rockies!

Old Dude
10-04-2007, 06:41 PM
I certainly wouldn't have projected a two game sweep in Philly. :flower:

Amazing. !Booya!

Paladin
10-04-2007, 06:41 PM
How about them Rockies?

PatsWin2002
10-04-2007, 06:43 PM
15 out of 17? Talk about HOT HOT HOT.

Kaylore
10-04-2007, 06:44 PM
How about them Rockies?

I'm calling sweep!;D

Actually I'd like to get two full games in Denver. That would give us more money for next season.

Sassy
10-04-2007, 06:44 PM
I thought it was 16/17???

Pezman
10-04-2007, 06:51 PM
LOL

Details
National League Division Series Tickets: Philadelphia Phillies at Colorado Rockies - Home Game #1 (Game #3)

Sat, Oct 6, 2007 at 7:30 PM (MST) at Coors Field in Denver, CO (http://www.stubhub.com/coors-field-event-tickets/details/?venue_config_ID=5069)

Section:
Infield Box 125

Row:

Price:
$1,471.00 each
<form method="post" action="https://www.stubhub.com/?gSec=buy"> Quantity: <select name="quantity_selected"><option value="2">2</option><option value="4">4</option></select>
<!--TicketDetailsActionButton - default--><input src="http://www.stubhub.com/resources/img/next.gif" alt="Next" type="image">
<script language="JavaScript1.2"> mboxCreate('TicketDetailsActionButton'); </script><script src="http://mbox5.offermatica.com/m2/stubhub/mbox/standard?mboxHost=www.stubhub.com&mboxSession=1191537303939-68849&mboxPC=1191537303939-68849.00&mboxPage=1191538330293-739955&edge=app5-prod5.prod5.offermatica.com.1191537860049&mboxCount=2&mbox=TicketDetailsActionButton&mboxId=0&mboxURL=http%3A//www.stubhub.com/colorado-rockies-playoff-tickets/%3Fticket_id%3D104960330&mboxReferrer=http%3A//www.stubhub.com/colorado-rockies-playoff-tickets/%3Fevent_id%3D474716&mboxVersion=28" language="JavaScript"></script>
<input name="cobrand" value="www" type="hidden"><input name="ticket_id" value="104960330" type="hidden"><input name="buyStep" value="selectQuantity" type="hidden"></form>

Seller comments:
Delivery/Pickup: Denver Lower Downtown Ticket Pickup, within walking distance to the Pepsi Center and Coors Field. (Exact Location Address will be Disclosed Prior to Check-Out)

http://www.stubhub.com/data/venue_maps/4205/thumb/stubhub_5069_mlb_Rockies_400.png<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">document.write('View Seat Map (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/#) > ');</script>View Seat Map (http://www.stubhub.com/colorado-rockies-playoff-tickets/?ticket_id=104960330#) >

<!--TicketDetailsBelowMainTable - default-->* Event time subject to change. Check local listings for exact start time. All sales are final.

sixtimeseight
10-04-2007, 06:53 PM
Nah...I love the Monforts. :)

And I love whatever crap owner keeps the Dodgers in perpetual mediocrity despite having one of the highest payrolls in MLB. God, it must suck seeing the Rockies destroy in the playoffs when LA hasn't done **** in the last 20 years.

Paladin
10-04-2007, 06:54 PM
No thanks, I'll watch the tv.....

Hotrod
10-04-2007, 06:55 PM
Snow in the forecast?

PatsWin2002
10-04-2007, 06:59 PM
I thought it was 16/17???

I thought so too, but one of the announcers said 15/17. You're probably right.

SpringStein
10-04-2007, 07:01 PM
13 of last 14
1 of 1 in Play-In game
2 of 2 from Philly

16/17

Rohirrim
10-04-2007, 07:01 PM
Wow! That was awesome. I'm surprised at the Phillies play. They just didn't look aggressive at all. I remember one slow bouncing hit to the second baseman with Rollins on third. He didn't even have a lead off the base. He definitely could have scored on that one. It just struck me that they were playing tight as if they were more concerned with screwing up then they were with being aggressive. That works for the Rockies. Hope it continues at Coors Field.

Kaylore
10-04-2007, 07:06 PM
Wow! That was awesome. I'm surprised at the Phillies play. They just didn't look aggressive at all. I remember one slow bouncing hit to the second baseman with Rollins on third. He didn't even have a lead off the base. He definitely could have scored on that one. It just struck me that they were playing tight as if they were more concerned with screwing up then they were with being aggressive. That works for the Rockies. Hope it continues at Coors Field.

I felt like the Phillies were pushing a bit. They look like the game is too big for them and are playing tight. I guess I don't have a lot of faith in any team from Philadelphia to come through in the clutch. They're notorious choke artists.

DomCasual
10-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Good riddance to these early games. I'd be broke if we had too many of them.

Paladin
10-04-2007, 07:09 PM
I saw a demoralized Phillies team at the end. With a travel day tomorrow, they could either bounce back, or play like a team going through the motions. Hope they are planning on how to get tickets to the Hockey games and the BBall games.....

The cheers on Sataurday will be for the Rockies.

I would just love to see a sweep by the Rockies......

Billy Clyde Puckett
10-04-2007, 07:18 PM
LOL

Details
National League Division Series Tickets: Philadelphia Phillies at Colorado Rockies - Home Game #1 (Game #3)

Sat, Oct 6, 2007 at 7:30 PM (MST) at Coors Field in Denver, CO (http://www.stubhub.com/coors-field-event-tickets/details/?venue_config_ID=5069)

Section:
Infield Box 125

Row:

Price:
$1,471.00 each
<form method="post" action="https://www.stubhub.com/?gSec=buy"> Quantity: <select name="quantity_selected"><option value="2">2</option><option value="4">4</option></select>
<!--TicketDetailsActionButton - default--><input src="http://www.stubhub.com/resources/img/next.gif" alt="Next" type="image">
<script language="JavaScript1.2"> mboxCreate('TicketDetailsActionButton'); </script><script src="http://mbox5.offermatica.com/m2/stubhub/mbox/standard?mboxHost=www.stubhub.com&mboxSession=1191537303939-68849&mboxPC=1191537303939-68849.00&mboxPage=1191538330293-739955&edge=app5-prod5.prod5.offermatica.com.1191537860049&mboxCount=2&mbox=TicketDetailsActionButton&mboxId=0&mboxURL=http%3A//www.stubhub.com/colorado-rockies-playoff-tickets/%3Fticket_id%3D104960330&mboxReferrer=http%3A//www.stubhub.com/colorado-rockies-playoff-tickets/%3Fevent_id%3D474716&mboxVersion=28" language="JavaScript"></script>
<input name="cobrand" value="www" type="hidden"><input name="ticket_id" value="104960330" type="hidden"><input name="buyStep" value="selectQuantity" type="hidden"></form>

Seller comments:
Delivery/Pickup: Denver Lower Downtown Ticket Pickup, within walking distance to the Pepsi Center and Coors Field. (Exact Location Address will be Disclosed Prior to Check-Out)

http://www.stubhub.com/data/venue_maps/4205/thumb/stubhub_5069_mlb_Rockies_400.png<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">document.write('View Seat Map (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/#) > ');</script>View Seat Map (http://www.stubhub.com/colorado-rockies-playoff-tickets/?ticket_id=104960330#) >

<!--TicketDetailsBelowMainTable - default-->* Event time subject to change. Check local listings for exact start time. All sales are final.

That's right behind the Monforts. Dom, why don't you come over and give them some advice? ;D

DomCasual
10-04-2007, 07:25 PM
That's right behind the Monforts. Dom, why don't you come over and give them some advice? ;D

I think I'd get thrown out of the ballpark. I'd probably make it through, I don't know, maybe the top of the 4th. Watching that imbecile celebrate in the locker room Monday night about made me sick.

Paladin
10-04-2007, 07:26 PM
Snow is forecast for the mountains, probably down to about 6,000 feet. Coors is a little below that, but then you late bandwagoners don't need to worry since you are probably not going to the game.....

SpringStein
10-04-2007, 07:35 PM
I'll be there. Anyone else have tickets?

Jens1893
10-04-2007, 07:36 PM
I think I'd get thrown out of the ballpark. I'd probably make it through, I don't know, maybe the top of the 4th. Watching that imbecile celebrate in the locker room Monday night about made me sick.

Here´s to you being sick three more times before the end of October!

Billy Clyde Puckett
10-04-2007, 07:40 PM
I'll be there. Anyone else have tickets?

I have tickets for Sunday, but suspect they will get pushed to later in the week.

TheChamp24
10-04-2007, 07:50 PM
Wohoo! Go Rockies!
1 more win!
I might try to go to a NLCS game.

Pezman
10-04-2007, 07:52 PM
Snow is forecast for the mountains, probably down to about 6,000 feet. Coors is a little below that, but then you late bandwagoners don't need to worry since you are probably not going to the game.....

You mean pretty much everybody here in Colorado save a few die hards? Everybody in this state is bandwagoners for the Rox. I dont think I've seen more than 3 or 4 peeps wearing Rox gear before September rolled around.

As for myself... I'm still not a fan of baseball, but like seeing the hometown teams do well.

Big Guy and Dom, cmon buy those tickets. I'm sure the Monforts would love to have you come by.

Rohirrim
10-04-2007, 08:20 PM
You mean pretty much everybody here in Colorado save a few die hards? Everybody in this state is bandwagoners for the Rox. I dont think I've seen more than 3 or 4 peeps wearing Rox gear before September rolled around.

As for myself... I'm still not a fan of baseball, but like seeing the hometown teams do well.

Big Guy and Dom, cmon buy those tickets. I'm sure the Monforts would love to have you come by.

I'm one of them myself. :bandwagon (I never get to use that smilie ;D) I didn't realize there was something wrong with it. Should we all get off and just let the holy purists root for the home team?

Here's Paladin:
http://www.likesbooks.com/images/granny.jpg
"You kids get off my lawn!"

DomCasual
10-04-2007, 08:20 PM
Here´s to you being sick three more times before the end of October!

I know. That's the thing. What choice do you have to pull for the team in spite of the livestock-loving Monforts?

DomCasual
10-04-2007, 08:32 PM
I'm one of them myself. :bandwagon (I never get to use that smilie ;D) I didn't realize there was something wrong with it. Should we all get off and just let the holy purists root for the home team?

Here's Paladin:
http://www.likesbooks.com/images/granny.jpg
"You kids get off my lawn!"

I've said it again and again. There's nothing to be ashamed of when it comes to jumping on this bandwagon. The Rockies have been tough to follow. Judging by the attendance numbers, there are A LOT of fans that were on the bandwagon, but jumped off around the time Jerry McMorris was pushed out as the team's front man.

I see it like this. A guy gets married. Five years into his marriage, he discovers that his wife has genital warts, despite the fact that she swears she was a virgin on their honeymoon. Now, it's admirable if the guy decides he loves her enough to work through it. Maybe they end up with a strong marriage because of his loyalty. Unfortunately, but justifiably, most men would kick her to the curb.

But let's say you kicked her to the curb. Three years later, she shows up on your doorstep, begging you to take her back. Let's say she's been taking antibiotics, and has gotten herself in shape. Plus, she's finished college and won the lottery. She's become quite a catch, in other words. Some people might look down on you for letting her back in your life. But think about it. You don't need those friends. You have a trophy wife and financial independence. You can make new friends!

Kaylore
10-04-2007, 08:34 PM

Broncos first and Avs second is the order of the day in Denver. I try to get to at least three Rockies games a year, but I don't hold my breath. In fact in games I attend the Rockies are 2-18. The last one I went to was the Marlins game on Sept 14th. My girlfriend got us great seats and 14 is my lucky number. I figured "they're hot, and I didn't get the tickets so this should be good!" Nope.

I managed to go to a game with my Brother in law who is undefeated in games attended. We figured between the two of us, something has got to give. It was the Phillies game in July that went into extra innings and we won in the 11th. Talk about weird. :~ohyah!:

Paladin
10-04-2007, 09:25 PM
I was refrering to Hotrod.

Ro: lol. I'd prefer Ella May or Daisy May.....

OrangeShadow
10-04-2007, 09:31 PM
go indians :)

Pezman
10-04-2007, 09:31 PM

Ro: lol. I'd prefer Ella May or Daisy May.....

I'd hit it :wiggle:

BMF Bronco
10-04-2007, 09:49 PM

what the hell pez, am I now skip?! I ****ing drove from montucky to CO for opening day damn it! GIVE ME MY CREDIT! (in the tone of Cartman's "respect my authoritahhhhhhh!" speech):afro:

Rohirrim
10-04-2007, 10:37 PM
I'd hit it :wiggle:

I don't know. I'd need at least a twelve pack. :~ohyah!:

crawdad
10-04-2007, 11:01 PM
Chris Young...3 run shot....Go D'Backs

crawdad
10-04-2007, 11:04 PM
Go D'Backs...4-2 on Byrnes triple

smalltowngrll
10-04-2007, 11:17 PM
YES....Go D'Backs, gooooo!!

RhymesayersDU
10-05-2007, 12:20 AM
Don't know if this story has been posted, this thread moves fast.

I won't copy/paste it, but the Rockies voted to give a full share of their playoff winnings (bonuses, whatever) to the widow of that minor league coach who died after taking a line drive to the head.

Really nice gesture.

BMF Bronco
10-05-2007, 12:22 AM
Don't know if this story has been posted, this thread moves fast.

I won't copy/paste it, but the Rockies voted to give a full share of their playoff winnings (bonuses, whatever) to the widow of that minor league coach who died after taking a line drive to the head.

Really nice gesture.

Saw that, how awesome is that man?!

Natedog24
10-05-2007, 01:40 AM
How bout that NL West

Crowpointer
10-05-2007, 07:04 AM
Yankees fans prove the obvious again. http://www.boston.com/news/globe/city_region/breaking_news/2007/10/red_sox_fan_ass.html

Hotrod
10-05-2007, 10:26 AM

I'll be rooting for MY Rockies and I hope it continues to chap your uptight no sense of humor ass

elsid13
10-05-2007, 11:58 AM
I'll be rooting for MY Rockies and I hope it continues to chap your uptight no sense of humor ass

So when are you moving to San Diego, you are going fit right in. (;D)

DomCasual
10-05-2007, 01:53 PM
Hey champ! Jim Tracy is back on the market. I'm thinking he's wearing Dodger Blue in 2008! :)

Master___Pain
10-05-2007, 02:15 PM
Yankees fans prove the obvious again. http://www.boston.com/news/globe/city_region/breaking_news/2007/10/red_sox_fan_ass.html

Maybe I'm dense, but it never says the guys are yankee fans. It states they are from PA. Disgruntled Philly is more likely;D

24champ
10-05-2007, 02:21 PM
Hey champ! Jim Tracy is back on the market. I'm thinking he's wearing Dodger Blue in 2008! :)

Dusty "The Lizard" Baker will be in Dodger Blue soon.

Paladin
10-05-2007, 02:55 PM

Really, doesn't bother me a bit. Have a great day! Nice of you to join the fan base....

I have a sense of humor, but I can also spot a phony from a ways back, ya know? Hope that chafes your phony arse.......:P

Hotrod
10-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Really, doesn't bother me a bit. Have a great day! Nice of you to join the fan base....

I have a sense of humor, but I can also spot a phony from a ways back, ya know? Hope that chafes your phony arse.......:P

How can you call someone who has admitted to being a fairweather/bandwagon rockies fan phony? Your one strange cookie thats for sure.

BMF Bronco
10-05-2007, 05:28 PM
who wins tonight?

Hogan11
10-05-2007, 05:33 PM

I'm overjoyed by this news.

Honestly, I never saw a more lifeless manager in all my life. Farewell Jim, Bucs fans everywhere thank you for absolutely nothing. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

TheChamp24
10-05-2007, 05:40 PM
I'm rooting for Cleveland and Anaheim tonight.

Bronco LB 59
10-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Melky Cabrera guns down a runner at the plate and then leads off the next inning with a solo blast.

DomCasual
10-05-2007, 06:21 PM
I'm overjoyed by this news.

Honestly, I never saw a more lifeless manager in all my life. Farewell Jim, Bucs fans everywhere thank you for absolutely nothing. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

He's milquetoast. Probably a great guy to have as, say, a grandfather. He seems like a nice man. But he's not a good manager.

But with the way baseball recycles managers, he'll probably get two or three more jobs before he retires.

broncofan2438
10-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Who is playing right now?

OrangeShadow
10-05-2007, 06:43 PM
our asistant store manager is going to the sox game tonight. im so jealous

SpringStein
10-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Who is playing right now?

Yanks 1-0 over Tribe after 5.

Bronco LB 59
10-05-2007, 08:06 PM
The insects have invaded Jacobs Field. They rattled Joba Chamberlain so much his wildness cost them a run and the game is tied. Cleveland is still a ****hole.

Crowpointer
10-05-2007, 08:44 PM
I could give a Rats arse about watching anymore of this game. This is Boston. Cut over to the Sox game for Boston and Southern California.

ro_50
10-05-2007, 08:56 PM
I could give a Rats arse about watching anymore of this game. This is Boston. Cut over to the Sox game for Boston and Southern California.

The BoSox game is on TNT.