TheChamp24
09-26-2007, 11:34 PM
Well, Moeller isn't a farm club guy.
I will say Delwyn Young > Gonzo, so thats a better change

phillybroncosnut
09-26-2007, 11:36 PM
Well, Moeller isn't a farm club guy.
I will say Delwyn Young > Gonzo, so thats a better change

Agreed. Perhaps Martin needed to be spelled. Understood. It's argueable whether they would have Young in and Gonzo on the bench in a pennant race though.

TheChamp24
09-26-2007, 11:38 PM
Agreed. Perhaps Martin needed to be spelled. Understood. It's argueable whether they would have Young in and Gonzo on the bench in a pennant race though.

Do you know Young is hitting .500 in 22 at bats? He absolutely crushed one off the CF wall tonight. I'd say he's a good bat in there for the Dodgers.

And damnit, Fogg's walked the bases loaded...

SpringStein
09-26-2007, 11:38 PM
Dodgers have bases loaded - 3 walks. Nail biting time.

TheChamp24
09-26-2007, 11:40 PM
YES! Nice job Fogg to get out of the jam!

RhymesayersDU
09-26-2007, 11:40 PM
Holy crap. Walk the bases loaded and then strike this guy out like it's nothing.

Whatever works for ya, Fogg.

Sassy
09-26-2007, 11:41 PM
Hey!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Coste! I'm telling him next time I talk to him.

You know I love Coste! How's he doing?
I don't really have a "team"...Love the Ex-Redhawk...and saw the Rockies last week...It's impressive what they're doing.

24champ
09-26-2007, 11:42 PM
Holy crap. Walk the bases loaded and then strike this guy out like it's nothing.

Whatever works for ya, Fogg.

Actually that's the story of the Dodgers season. Loading up the bases and doing nothing to bring in a run...painful to watch this year.

phillybroncosnut
09-26-2007, 11:44 PM
You know I love Coste! How's he doing?

Heck of a job! (keeping the bench warm)

When he gets in though, he is clutch. It's weird how he smells the bat everytime he fouls off a pitch though.

SpringStein
09-26-2007, 11:45 PM
I'd get Fogg out and let the bullpen go at em. Oh well.

RhymesayersDU
09-26-2007, 11:49 PM
I'd get Fogg out and let the bullpen go at em. Oh well.

Question for anybody out there who knows more about baseball than I do, which is probably all of you:

In this situation, can a manager pull Fogg while he's pitching a shutout? I mean, I know there's no rule, the manager can make a change whenever he wants. But is there some kind of "code" or whatever, where the pitcher gets a chance at his shutout?

Edit: Nevermind, he's getting pulled now.

24champ
09-26-2007, 11:50 PM
As far as I can tell, you guys should have zero problem beating the Dodgers farm club tonight. No Kent, no Gonzo, No Martin, and no Furcal.

"The Dodgers farm club" is one of best in the league, and probably could beat some major league clubs right now. A few years ago the Jacksonville Suns (Dodgers AA affiliate) was probably one of the best minor league clubs in some time, they had Russell Martin, Chad Billinglsey, Jonathan Broxton and James Loney, along with top prospects Joel Guzman and Andy LaRoche.

TheChamp24
09-26-2007, 11:51 PM
Question for anybody out there who knows more about baseball than I do, which is probably all of you:

In this situation, can a manager pull Fogg while he's pitching a shutout? I mean, I know there's no rule, the manager can make a change whenever he wants. But is there some kind of "code" or whatever, where the pitcher gets a chance at his shutout?

Well, usually when you walk the bases loaded, its a sign that your arm is in trouble.
Also, Fogg's pitch count was reaching 100, so he's gone.
If its a shutout, you get the chance, but if you show signs of trouble, you are going to be taken out. Only if its a no no or perfect game will the manager stick with you until you pass out basically.

phillybroncosnut
09-26-2007, 11:54 PM
"The Dodgers farm club" is one of best in the league, and probably could beat some major league clubs right now. A few years ago the Jacksonville Suns (Dodgers AA affiliate) was probably one of the best minor league clubs in some time, they had Russell Martin, Chad Billinglsey, Jonathan Broxton and James Loney, along with top prospects Joel Guzman and Andy LaRoche.

They are doing a bang up job tonight. I don't care about a couple years ago. I care about the next few games.

24champ
Well, usually when you walk the bases loaded, its a sign that your arm is in trouble.
If its a shutout, you get the chance, but if you show signs of trouble, you are going to be taken out. Only if its a no no or perfect game will the manager stick with you until you pass out basically.

That and it is a close game, the Rockies can't afford to lose at this point of the season. I'm sure if it were 8-0 or some big lead that Hurdle would leave him in a bit longer to rest his bullpen.

RhymesayersDU

I hear ya. Yeah, obviously the last inning was reason enough to pull the guy, 3 straight walks could have easily blown the game. Just curious about the unwritten rules.

TheChamp24
09-26-2007, 11:57 PM
7 innings through the book! 2 more innings and the Rockies win streak improves to a franchise best 10 games.
Most likely if they hold on to win, they'll remain 1 game back of the wild card and 2 back of the division.

24champ
09-26-2007, 11:59 PM
7 innings through the book! 2 more innings and the Rockies win streak improves to a franchise best 10 games.
Most likely if they hold on to win, they'll remain 1 game back of the wild card and 2 back of the division.

Uh...Fuentes is warming up. ;D

phillybroncosnut
09-27-2007, 12:03 AM
As a Varsity baseball head coach for a local High School team, I use 2 visual aides to determine whether to keep a pitch in in a close game and my pitcher has a shutout:

1) Location of pitches. If he is starting to leave his ball up in the zone consistantly, that's a clear cut indicater that he is tiring.

2) Are the opposing hitters starting to lock in on his stuff. If the other team is smoking the ball hitter after hitter whether we get outs or not, the pitcher is losing his effectiveness.

The easiest way is pitch count and knowing how far a pitcher can usually go before his legs start to go. It's not the arm that goes first, it's the legs. Soon after the legs go, the arm won't be far behind.

It's not as easy as asking the pitcher if he is getting tired. 90% of the time, they will say they are fine even though they know they are lying.

I think the same general principles go into the MLB pitchers.

SpringStein
09-27-2007, 12:04 AM
Uh...Fuentes is warming up. ;D

I see you are really scared! ;)

Could get interesting.

DomCasual
09-27-2007, 12:07 AM
How's it going, ya bastards?

Been watching with my daughter sleeping in my arms.

Go figure, Fuentes throws a ball for his first pitch.

SpringStein
09-27-2007, 12:09 AM
Unbelievable play by Tulo! Highlight stuff there.

RhymesayersDU
Holy ****ing balls, Tulowitzki is all that is man.

DomCasual
Wow. Troy Tulowitzki is a god!

24champ
09-27-2007, 12:12 AM
Wow. Troy Tulowitzki is a god!

Yeah but he couldn't get Loney's hit.;D

TheChamp24
As a Varsity baseball head coach for a local High School team, I use 2 visual aides to determine whether to keep a pitch in in a close game and my pitcher has a shutout:

1) Location of pitches. If he is starting to leave his ball up in the zone consistantly, that's a clear cut indicater that he is tiring.

2) Are the opposing hitters starting to lock in on his stuff. If the other team is smoking the ball hitter after hitter whether we get outs or not, the pitcher is losing his effectiveness.

The easiest way is pitch count and knowing how far a pitcher can usually go before his legs start to go. It's not the arm that goes first, it's the legs. Soon after the legs go, the arm won't be far behind.

It's not as easy as asking the pitcher if he is getting tired. 90% of the time, they will say they are fine even though they know they are lying.

I think the same general principles go into the MLB pitchers.

Yeah, everything is right there. It is fairly easy to see if a pitcher should be taken out or not IMO.

And wow, Tulo with an amazing play, although I think the runner might've been safe there.

SpringStein
Survived the curse of Fuentes inning.

RhymesayersDU
Headed to 9, let's go Rocks!

TheChamp24
09-27-2007, 12:13 AM
1 more inning guys and the Rockies get another win!

DomCasual
09-27-2007, 12:14 AM
Yeah but he couldn't get Loney's hit.;D

What else does Loney play? They need to get him playing every day next year.

24champ
09-27-2007, 12:14 AM
Yeah, everything is right there. It is fairly easy to see if a pitcher should be taken out or not IMO.

And wow, Tulo with an amazing play, although I think the runner might've been safe there.

No he was out, but extremely close call. Umps don't have the luxury of instant replay, so it could have gone either way honestly. Great arm Tulowhatshisname has.

phillybroncosnut
09-27-2007, 12:15 AM
Game over. Looks like nothing will change tonight except the Rox moved to within 2 of the division, the Pads moved to within 1 of the division and the Phils moved to within 1 of the Mess for the Division. It'd be focked up if the Rox and Phils won their respective divisions, leaving the Mess, Madres and D-Backs to fight for the wildcard.

24champ
09-27-2007, 12:15 AM
What else does Loney play? They need to get him playing every day next year.

He'll be an everyday 1st baseman.

TheChamp24
09-27-2007, 12:20 AM
Game over. Looks like nothing will change tonight except the Rox moved to within 2 of the division, the Pads moved to within 1 of the division and the Phils moved to within 1 of the Mess for the Division. It'd be focked up if the Rox and Phils won their respective divisions, leaving the Mess, Madres and D-Backs to fight for the wildcard.

I'd laugh if the Rockies win the West, the Phillies the East. Everybody is declaring the DBacks the division winners in the West. If they win 2 games they probably win the West out of their remaining 4 games. They aren't playing spectacular baseball right now though. I'm going to give the DBacks a win tomorrow since Webb is pitching, but who knows. I'm glad the Rockies don't have to face him or Livan. I am concerned with the Rockies throwing out Mark Redman vs. the DBacks on Friday.

I really would like to see the Rockies win out, win the NL West, have the Phillies win the NL East and the Padres win the Wild Card I guess.

TheChamp24
09-27-2007, 12:21 AM
No he was out, but extremely close call. Umps don't have the luxury of instant replay, so it could have gone either way honestly. Great arm Tulowhatshisname has.

Tulowitzki, get to know how to spell that or just call him Tulo. He's going to be a stud for years to come and haunt your Dodgers.

phillybroncosnut
09-27-2007, 12:27 AM
I really would like to see the Rockies win out, win the NL West, have the Phillies win the NL East and the Padres win the Wild Card I guess.

That's my dream scenerio. That would mean The Phils play the Pads in the first round. Not crazy about going against Peavy but our Offense could scratch our 3 or 4 runs. Question would be if the Pads could get 3 or 4 off of Hamels with their offense minus Bradley and Cameron.
Answer, I dont think so.

24champ
09-27-2007, 12:29 AM
Tulowitzki, get to know how to spell that or just call him Tulo. He's going to be a stud for years to come and haunt your Dodgers.

Yeah, he'll be ROY for the NL. Just didn't know how to spell his friggin name. Tulo it shall be. When is his contract up? Dodgers might PAY for him. I KEED I KEED. :D

TheChamp24
09-27-2007, 12:30 AM
That's my dream scenerio. That would mean The Phils play the Pads in the first round. Not crazy about going against Peavy but our Offense could scratch our 3 or 4 runs. Question would be if the Pads could get 3 or 4 off of Hamels with their offense minus Bradley and Cameron.
Answer, I dont think so.

Really, the team you would want to win the WC would be the DBacks. I think they will get worked in the playoffs. Webb hasn't been spectacular other than his one stretch earlier. I think if they make it in, they'll lose in the 1st round. If they win the 1st round, then I'll be SHOCKED.

TheChamp24
09-27-2007, 12:31 AM
Jesus, 2 hits that didn't go longer than 60 feet.

24champ
09-27-2007, 12:31 AM
Jesus, 2 hits that didn't go longer than 60 feet.

Juan for five is up...game over.

SpringStein
09-27-2007, 12:32 AM
First 10 game win streak in team history. Could you pick a more dramatic time to do that?

phillybroncosnut
Really, the team you would want to win the WC would be the DBacks. I think they will get worked in the playoffs. Webb hasn't been spectacular other than his one stretch earlier. I think if they make it in, they'll lose in the 1st round. If they win the 1st round, then I'll be SHOCKED.

At this point, I just want to make the playoffs. Whatever scenerio unfolds, i'll take it. It's safe to say though, the Mess do NOT want to see the Phils in the playoffs. We own them!

TheChamp24
WOHOO! 10 in a row baby! 4 more to go!

spdirty
09-27-2007, 12:33 AM
well, damn, they are startin to get my attention

24champ
09-27-2007, 12:33 AM
Add that to the list of things the dodgers should do this offseason...trade Pierre.

Sassy
09-27-2007, 12:34 AM
That's just crazy! They haven't lost a game since we were in Denver!

phillybroncosnut
09-27-2007, 12:34 AM
Jesus...... This is gonna be one whale of a weekend of Baseball. Unreal.

phillybroncosnut
09-27-2007, 12:37 AM
Amazing. The Rockies and Phillies are both 10-3 in the last 13 games. Talk about catching fire at the right time.

Breck Bronc
09-27-2007, 12:41 AM
I hope this Rockies' run doesn't fall just short like the Avs' furious playoff push did.

Tulo is amazing.

TheChamp24
09-27-2007, 12:42 AM
Man, all those blown games earlier in the season are coming back to freakin haunt the Rockies. So many leads lost that they should've held on to, especially Fuentes' 4 straight blown saves. Rocks hold on during that stretch and win 2 of those, they are tied for the NL West.

Breck Bronc
09-27-2007, 12:51 AM
Man, all those blown games earlier in the season are coming back to freakin haunt the Rockies. So many leads lost that they should've held on to, especially Fuentes' 4 straight blown saves. Rocks hold on during that stretch and win 2 of those, they are tied for the NL West.Every team can look back on blown saves that would have given them a handful of additional victories.

phillybroncosnut
09-27-2007, 12:55 AM
UGH! Don't even get me started about slow starts. The Phils started 3-10 this season. They had a similar start last season and even a worse start in '05. The past 2 season's we missed the WC by exactly 1 game. I hope to God that doesn't happen for the 3rd time in a row.

You can't clinch a playoff berth in April but you can sure as hell cost your team a playoff berth in April!

HitEmCold
09-27-2007, 01:01 AM
This is exciting stuff, I watched the whole game using gamecast on my cell phone while I was at work. Can't say I have ever been excited about the Rox this late in the season to do that before.

Paladin
09-27-2007, 01:05 AM
Right now, the only thing that matters is the game tomorrow. Rockies have to have it. Why? Because the Pads play at Milwaukee next and I think the Pads will lose at least two there. The door opens up for the Rockies, not to just make the playoffs, but to win the fricking Division. Playoff style Baseball. Haven't seen that in Denver for a long time. The Snakes would be tough. But the Rockies are tough too, right now, and the "Friendly Confines" would be rocking.......

DomCasual
09-27-2007, 01:10 AM
Every team can look back on blown saves that would have given them a handful of additional victories.

True, but this is different. You had a guy that was money, blowing four in a single week. It hadn't been done in something like 40 years.

Paladin
09-27-2007, 01:24 AM
Hey, know what? I made an error. The Pads pay the Brewers four in Milwaukee: Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I checked the schedule.

I think the Rockies have a very good chance of getting onto the playoffs and maybe as the Division winner. It all starts tomorrow...... It is very important game, obviously. Since it is a late game, all the important "other games" will be done, and the Rockies will know exactly what needs to happen. They simply must win tomorrows game with the Dudgers.

TheChamp24
09-27-2007, 02:06 AM
I like the matchup tomorrow of Morales vs. Loaiza.
If the Rockies win out and the Padres go 2-2, the NL West belongs to Colorado :D
And the really cool thing about that is, the Rockies would most likely have the best record in the NL if they did that. I absolutely love how 0 playoff spots have been clinched in the NL while everything in the AL is virtually decided. Only 4 games to go and 8 teams fighting for 4 spots.
But the Rockies do need to win tomorrow.

Billy Clyde Puckett
09-27-2007, 10:16 AM
How about that sick throw by Tulo. No human can do that.

Also gotta give a high five to Josh Fogg. Number five starter who has chewed up innings all year and has 10 wins. Never a star, but one of those pluggers that are important to the team.

Crowpointer
09-27-2007, 10:34 AM
2 to the AL EAST DIVISION TITLE and the team getting healthy GO SOX!

We had a group of 12 go to the game last night from the office. We did some serious damage at Game On before the game on the companys nickel........and I'm feeling it right now. :sickortir

Beantown Bronco
09-27-2007, 10:37 AM
We had a group of 12 go to the game last night from the office. We did some serious damage at Game On before the game on the companys nickel........and I'm feeling it right now. :sickortir

Chasers from GNC.....I swear by those things.

Paladin
09-27-2007, 12:29 PM
In Colorado, we take a more sober approach to the game.......

DomCasual
09-27-2007, 01:25 PM
Well, it's looking as if the Pirates aren't going to help us today. Damn Pirates!

On a brighter (and stranger) note, I just read 3 glowing Rockies-related columns in national publications. I also just read four blogs written by national columnists that stated Troy Tulowitzki and Matt Holliday should be ROY and MVP, respectively.

If you've been a Rockies fan for the last 15 years, you realize how completely bizarre that is.

SpringStein
09-27-2007, 02:30 PM
Well, it's looking as if the Pirates aren't going to help us today. Damn Pirates!

On a brighter (and stranger) note, I just read 3 glowing Rockies-related columns in national publications. I also just read four blogs written by national columnists that stated Troy Tulowitzki and Matt Holliday should be ROY and MVP, respectively.

If you've been a Rockies fan for the last 15 years, you realize how completely bizarre that is.

LOL - Someone knows Colorado exists? Wow. Yea, I saw Yahoo yesterday had Tulo as NL ROY.

Bronco LB 59
09-27-2007, 02:37 PM
LOL - Someone knows Colorado exists? Wow. Yea, I saw Yahoo yesterday had Tulo as NL ROY.

Since Braun has a steel mitt and doesn't play the demanding position shortstop is, Tulo has a strong case. Offense sells though and Braun's numbers will get still get him over the top. I envision Tulo drawing 10-12 first place votes of the 32 total and gobbling up all the second place votes that don't go to Braun (1-2 votes from Houston may go to Pence).

DomCasual
09-27-2007, 02:39 PM

I was thinking the other day - how weird would it be for the Rockies to play their first nationally televised game of the year (probably in the last five years) in the playoffs. I bet that hasn't happened before. But there was no compelling reason for anyone but hardcore fans to watch them until two weeks ago. Sure, they had nice little runs (like the sweep of the Yankees), but nothing like this.

BMF Bronco
09-27-2007, 02:57 PM
That's why we're still rox fans bro! Hardcore doesn't describe us, gluttons for punishment was a better term until this year!

BMF Bronco
09-27-2007, 04:40 PM
Great article on the Rox here....

Colorado general manager Dan O'Dowd, one of baseball's more quotable executives, is like a gambler on a hot streak these days. He returns reporters' phone calls strictly out of courtesy and takes pains not to overanalyze his team's magical September run for fear of jinxing it.

Ask O'Dowd about Colorado's leading the major leagues in fielding percentage, or suddenly winning big games on the road, or preparing to send rookie Ubaldo Jimenez (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=7900) to the mound against Arizona with the season potentially on the line Sunday, and he gives the same sanitized reply. <!-- begin table --><TABLE class=tableheadFixWidth cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width=125 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TD colSpan=3><CENTER>NL WILD CARD</CENTER></TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top><TD>TEAM</TD><TD>RECORD</TD><TD>GB</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top><TD>San Diego</TD><TD>87-71</TD><TD>--</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top><TD>Philadelphia</TD><TD>86-72</TD><TD>1.0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top><TD>Colorado</TD><TD>86-72</TD><TD>1.0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top><TD>Atlanta</TD><TD>83-75</TD><TD>4.0</TD></TR><TR class=colhead><TD colSpan=3><CENTER>NL EAST</CENTER></TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top><TD>TEAM</TD><TD>RECORD</TD><TD>GB</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top><TD>New York</TD><TD>87-71</TD><TD>--</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top><TD>Philadelphia</TD><TD>86-72</TD><TD>1.0</TD></TR><TR class=colhead><TD colSpan=3><CENTER>NL CENTRAL</CENTER></TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top><TD>TEAM</TD><TD>RECORD</TD><TD>GB</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top><TD>Chicago</TD><TD>83-75</TD><TD>--</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top><TD>Milwaukee</TD><TD>81-77</TD><TD>2.0</TD></TR><TR class=colhead><TD colSpan=3><CENTER>NL WEST</CENTER></TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top><TD>TEAM</TD><TD>RECORD</TD><TD>GB</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top><TD>Arizona</TD><TD>89-70</TD><TD>--</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top><TD>San Diego</TD><TD>87-71</TD><TD>1.5</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top><TD>Colorado</TD><TD>86-72</TD><TD>2.5</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD colSpan=3>For more on the races, see Hunt for October (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/hfo).</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- end table -->

"We really don't look past the day we're playing," O'Dowd said. "Nobody does, from the front office to the field. We've kind of figured this out going one day at a time."

The Rockies have figured it out, all right. With a 2-0 victory in Los Angeles on Wednesday night, the team's day-to-day mantra has morphed into a 10-game win streak, and the perception that Colorado is a nice little team building for the future has been amended.

There's just way too much going on in the present.

If you were to pick a team to get wildfire hot down the stretch, Colorado would have ranked down the list. The Rockies haven't made the postseason since 1995. They were the only major league team without a win streak of at least five games in 2005 or 2006. And when Aaron Cook (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=6981) and Jason Hirsh (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=7834) went down with injuries in August, that left Jeff Francis (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=7383) and Josh Fogg (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=6770) as the only April starters left in manager Clint Hurdle's rotation.

After a 10-2 loss to Florida on Sept. 15, the Rockies were fourth in the NL West, 6 games behind the first-place Diamondbacks. But they beat the Marlins 13-0 behind rookie starter Franklin Morales (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=7951) in the series finale and proceeded to whip up on the Padres and the reeling Dodgers. Now they're one game out in the wild card and two behind Arizona in the division.

The Rockies lead the National League in September with a .294 team batting average and 145 runs scored. They've committed 65 errors this season, easily the fewest in the majors. And outfielder Matt Holliday (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=7311) and shortstop Troy Tulowitzki (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=7850) continue to make strong cases for the NL Most Valuable Player and Rookie of the Year awards, respectively. Tulowitzki, a monument to poise at age 22, is hitting .321 with 11 homers and 46 RBIs since the beginning of August.

<!-- text sample -->D-backs vs. Rockies

• Fri: B. Webb (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=7121) (17-10) vs. J. Francis (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=7383) (17-8)
• Sat: E. Gonzalez (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=7149) (8-3) vs. M. Redman (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=6285) (1-4)
• Sun: D. Davis (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=6299) (13-12) vs. U. Jimenez (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=7900) (4-4)
Colorado leads seasons series 8-7

<!-- end text sample -->

"There were a lot of pieces in place, and he became the piece that pulled it all together," Rockies manager Clint Hurdle told the Denver Post. "He's brought a fire and a passion that is unique."
Tulowitzki sure has a flair for the dramatic. In a 9-7 win Tuesday night, his two-run homer was the difference. In the eighth inning Wednesday, in a game so tight that every out was precious, Tulowitzki ranged deep into the hole and pulled a Derek Jeter (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=5406) special to throw out the Dodgers' Delwyn Young (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=7879). The play was so breathtaking, several players in the Rockies dugout looked as if they wanted to leap over the railing, run out and high-five Tulowitzki.

Colorado is 38-42 on the road this year, and that record would be better if erstwhile closer Brian Fuentes (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=6735) hadn't blown four straight saves during a 1-9 road trip before the All-Star break. The Rockies entered this season with a 427-677 record outside Denver, and they've historically had more problems on the road than Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman in "Rain Man." <!-- begin table --><TABLE class=tableheadFixWidth cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width=230 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TD><CENTER>NL GAMES TO WATCH</CENTER></TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top><TD>• Arizona 8, Pittsburgh 0
• Chicago at Florida, 4:05 ET
• Atlanta at Philadelphia, 7:05 ET
• St. Louis at New York, 7:10 ET
• San Diego at Milwaukee, 8:05 ET
• Colorado at Los Angeles, 10:10 ET</TD><TR class=evenrow><TD colSpan=2>For more on today's big games, see Diamond Daily (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/daily?page=dd/070926) and probables (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/probables).</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- end table -->

The Rockies have one more road game left, with Morales facing Esteban Loaiza (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=5368) on Thursday night at Dodger Stadium. Then it's back to Coors Field for three games this weekend against Arizona.

"People aren't talking enough about this team," said a West Coast scout. "It's unbelievable what they've done."

Even the Rockies aren't saying a whole lot. They're just enjoying the ride, for as long as it lasts.

Paladin
09-27-2007, 05:41 PM
Pads have the Brewers tonight. If they lose, the Rockies need to win. With a great big N. They would be two behind the Snakes and tied with the Pads with a great chance for themselves......

Sorry. Preaching to the choir.....

TheChamp24
09-27-2007, 06:56 PM
Wow, I see the DBacks pushed back Webb's start til tomorrow. He was scheduled to pitch today according to ESPN.
Rockies do need to win though, need to keep it going.

BMF Bronco
09-27-2007, 07:26 PM
4 more to go!!!!!!!!

elsid13
09-27-2007, 08:04 PM

Two bottles of Gatoraid before bed.

When do playoff tickets go on sale?

SpringStein
09-27-2007, 08:06 PM
I think I heard they went on sale last Saturday - but haven't seen anything.

Anyone going to any of the games this weekend?

BMF Bronco
09-27-2007, 08:23 PM
they went on sale on tuesday actually for the divisional playoffs.

SpringStein
09-27-2007, 08:36 PM
Mets are losing 3-0 to Cards
Phillies are ahead of Braves 6-3
No score in Malwaukee after 2 with Padres.

Does it feel like every night the Rockies HAVE to win?

SpringStein
09-27-2007, 08:49 PM
Padres jump out to 4-0 lead. :(

elsid13
09-27-2007, 09:18 PM
Well Beckett didn't have his stuff today and won't win his 21. He looked like he wanted to get his pitching day in and get the heck of the game.

SpringStein
09-27-2007, 09:32 PM
Mets lose, if Phils win - and looks like it now in the 9th - they will be tied for the NL East lead. If Rockies can pull off a win tonight, they will have the same record as well.

broncofan2438
09-27-2007, 09:41 PM
Its funny that all of a sudden, the Rockies are finding their way into the media. They were talking about them on PTI. Cornheiser can be such a moron

OrangeShadow
09-27-2007, 09:42 PM
Well Beckett didn't have his stuff today and won't win his 21. He looked like he wanted to get his pitching day in and get the heck of the game.

yeah i just hope we get the divsion

TheChamp24
09-27-2007, 10:27 PM
Geez, can the Rockies get ANY help out there? DBacks win, Padres are winning 7-2 in the 7th, Phillies win...argh

BMF Bronco
09-27-2007, 10:28 PM
is anyone watching this game? I am watching it on game cast and the strike that got Helton was waaaaaaaaaaay outside on the strike grid and the first two on Hawpe were low. is the umping **** tonight?

TheChamp24
09-27-2007, 10:31 PM
is anyone watching this game? I am watching it on game cast and the strike that got Helton was waaaaaaaaaaay outside on the strike grid and the first two on Hawpe were low. is the umping **** tonight?

He looks inconsistent, because on Helton's at bat, the 2-2 pitch that was a ball was near on the corner, and Loaiza came back and hit pretty much the exact same spot and it was called a strike. I mean, come on, don't flip flop like that. The calls were borderline, the catcher's mitt hardly moved on them.
On Hawpe, they looked like strikes to me. The 0-1 pitch he swung and missed.
But on Spilborghs called 3rd strike, yeah, that looked a bit outside.

BMF Bronco
09-27-2007, 10:33 PM
son of a bitch, going to be one of those nights isnt it?!

TheChamp24
09-27-2007, 10:36 PM
Just checked, the Brewers have scored 3 to make it 9-5 now! Come on Brew Crew!

BMF Bronco
09-27-2007, 10:37 PM
hell yeah, go beer guys

SpringStein
09-27-2007, 10:38 PM
Morales with 3 Ks in first two innings. His curve will hopefully keep them off balance. For 21 y.o., looks like he could become a stud.

TheChamp24
09-27-2007, 10:38 PM
And also checked and saw that the Brewers have 5 errors in the game and have given up 6 unearned runs in their game today.
Man, I'm so happy the Rockies have a terrific fielding team.

TheChamp24
09-27-2007, 11:00 PM
YES! Nice 2 run jack by Atkins!

SpringStein
09-27-2007, 11:01 PM
YES! Nice 2 run jack by Atkins!

Probably been the coldest bat in the lineup.

BMF Bronco
09-27-2007, 11:01 PM
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

SpringStein
09-27-2007, 11:02 PM
Hawpe! 3-0

BMF Bronco
09-27-2007, 11:03 PM
stop, you're way ahead of me!!!!!!!

TheChamp24
Awesome, 3-0 Rockies now. Its really good Atkins crushed that one, he had been pretty quiet during the winning streak.

BMF Bronco
i just saw it! that's how far behind I am

SpringStein
09-27-2007, 11:05 PM
You still gettinng morse code there? ;)

BMF Bronco
09-27-2007, 11:07 PM
watching it on Gamecast, my fox sports RM is blacked out for all Rox games and it pisses me the **** off!!!!!!!

TheChamp24
09-27-2007, 11:08 PM
Man, Loaiza has been pretty mediocre at best tonight. He's been able to hit the "corner"(I say that because sometimes it looks off the plate) to get some strikeouts, but tons of 3 ball counts, finally has hurt him in this inning.

SpringStein
09-27-2007, 11:08 PM
That sucks.

BMF Bronco
09-27-2007, 11:09 PM
yes it does

spdirty
09-27-2007, 11:10 PM
oh crap theyre goiing to the pen already

BMF Bronco
09-27-2007, 11:13 PM
Loaiza didn't last 4, holy ****.

Jens1893
09-27-2007, 11:14 PM
bmf, why not get mlb.tv if fsn rm is blacked out?

SpringStein
09-27-2007, 11:15 PM
Yea he didn't give up a hit til the 4th and then he's gone after giving up the 3 runs. :)

BMF Bronco
09-27-2007, 11:17 PM
bmf, why not get mlb.tv if fsn rm is blacked out?

how do I do that?

BMF Bronco
09-27-2007, 11:18 PM
**** that Jens, I can deal with gamecast until we get to the playoffs.

TheChamp24
09-27-2007, 11:21 PM
Morales is going to be a stud. If he's not in the rotation next year, it will piss me off because either 1) he got a severe injury or 2) Hurdler or whoever is dumb enough to think he isn't ready yet.

SpringStein
09-27-2007, 11:21 PM
Dang, so close! Thought Spilly had that, :( Love to see him not score from 3rd.

What did that end - 20 innings?

BMF Bronco
09-27-2007, 11:22 PM

TheChamp24
09-27-2007, 11:23 PM
Damn, 3-2 now as the Dodgers have tacked on 2 so far here in the 4th.

BMF Bronco
09-27-2007, 11:24 PM
no worries, lots of game left

SpringStein
09-27-2007, 11:25 PM
Morales is still pitching well. That should ave been 1 run at most. Spillborgs going for the big catch and it getting away allowed the triple. But he should have been trying for it.

SpringStein
09-27-2007, 11:38 PM
Nothing like last night, but another web gem by Tulo!

SpringStein
09-27-2007, 11:46 PM
Good AB by Torrealba - almost got all of that one. Sac fly - 4-2.

Bronco LB 59
09-27-2007, 11:49 PM
Nothing like last night, but another web gem by Tulo!

Braun had another rough night with the glove tonight with three errors. He botched a couple of other hard hit balls as well that weren't scored as errors. I take back what I said earlier, Tulo is almost running neck-to-neck with Braun for the NL Rookie of the Year.

24champ
09-27-2007, 11:50 PM
Saved by the ump!

EDIT: WTF is going on now?

SpringStein
09-27-2007, 11:52 PM
Saved by the ump!

Surprised the run doesn't count.

SpringStein
09-27-2007, 11:53 PM
Saved by the ump!

EDIT: WTF is going on now?

Saying once the ball hit the ump, it's a dead ball - so runner is safe, but runner can't advance from 3rd.

Strange play.

BMF Bronco
09-27-2007, 11:53 PM
what was saved by the ump?

BMF Bronco
09-27-2007, 11:57 PM
what the hell happened?

Breck Bronc
09-27-2007, 11:57 PM
Braun had another rough night with the glove tonight with three errors. He botched a couple of other hard hit balls as well that weren't scored as errors. I take back what I said earlier, Tulo is almost running neck-to-neck with Braun for the NL Rookie of the Year.Tulo just dogged it on a routine groundout to the Dodger second baseman. However, the second baseman slipped and Tulo would have been safe had he run hard all the way to first instead of only running hard after seeing he had a chance. I love Tulo, but he has to run hard in a pennant race. That just cost the Rockies at least 1 run in a close game.

TheChamp24
09-28-2007, 12:00 AM
I don't understand why the runner from 3rd on that play by Matsui can't advance. Oh well.
Hang on to this lead guys!

BMF Bronco
09-28-2007, 12:00 AM
why did they take a run off?

TheChamp24
09-28-2007, 12:02 AM
why did they take a run off?

It was a hard ground ball up the middle, and it hit the 2B umpire, which redirected the ball into CF. I guess when a ball hits an umpire, its a deal ball, and nobody can advance. I think the run should've counted, but like I said, oh well.

spdirty
09-28-2007, 12:03 AM
uh oh

BMF Bronco
damn

RhymesayersDU
It wouldn't be the Rockies if they weren't in a jam.

Get em out!

BMF Bronco
09-28-2007, 12:10 AM
****ing gamecast keeps locking up!

Breck Bronc
09-28-2007, 12:13 AM
And another pitching change by Hurdle. These late games are killing my chance to catch up on sleep!

BMF Bronco
09-28-2007, 12:16 AM
this ****ing sucks, I am so far behind

Breck Bronc
09-28-2007, 12:16 AM
Tulo keeps the lead at one with a nice play. I hope he wins the Gold Glove.

Breck Bronc
09-28-2007, 12:25 AM
Huge homer from Helton. The man wants to play in the postseason!!!

spdirty
Yeah Todd!!!!!!!!

BMF Bronco
Hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllltoooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooon!

RhymesayersDU
09-28-2007, 12:26 AM
Well, it looks like it's all coming down to the next 3 games. Very exciting times.

TheChamp24
09-28-2007, 12:26 AM
Helton with a big 2 run homerun! WOHOO

Sassy
09-28-2007, 12:27 AM
GO ROCKIES!!!

DomCasual
09-28-2007, 12:29 AM
Well, with the way the Phillies and Padres are playing, we're going to have to win it on our own. It's not looking like we're getting any help.

BMF Bronco
09-28-2007, 12:30 AM
That's cool with me, we can do that!

Breck Bronc
09-28-2007, 12:36 AM
Well, with the way the Phillies and Padres are playing, we're going to have to win it on our own. It's not looking like we're getting any help.It would be crazy if the Phillies beat the Mets for the NL East title, the Padres finish ahead of Arizona for the NL West, and the Rockies beat out the Mets and Diamondbacks for the Wild Card.

It would be a real shame if the Rockies finish just behind Arizona and San Diego in the NL West and Wild Card races yet have a better record than anyone in the NL East or Central.

I'm not too crazy with the pitching matchups for Colorado this weekend against Arizona. I wish Webb would have pitched against Pittsburgh today.

spdirty
09-28-2007, 12:50 AM
well that will just about do it...good job guys.

DomCasual
09-28-2007, 12:58 AM
It would be crazy if the Phillies beat the Mets for the NL East title, the Padres finish ahead of Arizona for the NL West, and the Rockies beat out the Mets and Diamondbacks for the Wild Card.

It would be a real shame if the Rockies finish just behind Arizona and San Diego in the NL West and Wild Card races yet have a better record than anyone in the NL East or Central.

I'm not too crazy with the pitching matchups for Colorado this weekend against Arizona. I wish Webb would have pitched against Pittsburgh today.

I don't know. They've had pretty good success against Webb this year. Saturday worries me the most. I'm not sure expecting much from Mark Redman is a good idea. It would be great for Francis to go deep into the game tomorrow, so the bullpen can get nice and rested for the weekend. It sucks that they don't have a loss to give to Arizona.

DomCasual
09-28-2007, 12:59 AM
Well, that just might do it. :) Ten runs + fifteen hits = 11 straight. Unbelievable!

BMF Bronco
09-28-2007, 01:00 AM
love me sum ROX~!!!!!!

BMF Bronco
09-28-2007, 01:03 AM
That would be three strait sweeps!

HitEmCold
09-28-2007, 01:07 AM
nice- just 3 more to win out
Go Rockies

BMF Bronco
09-28-2007, 01:43 AM
it's destiny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's going to happen!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sassy
09-28-2007, 01:45 AM
it's destiny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's going to happen!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish the Broncos could do the same :sunshine:

TheChamp24
09-28-2007, 02:08 AM
The Rockies absolutely have to win out IMO. I do see the Padres losing 1 game at least to the Brewers, so they'll finish either 90-72 or 89-73.
As for the Phillies, I expect the Nats to pull off one of the games, and see them going 89-73. The Mets, the pitching matchups favor them this weekend, but I see the Marlins playing HUGE spoilers and winning 2 of 3, making the Mets be 88-74.
Which means, as long as the Rockies sweep the DBacks, they'll be 90-72 and could potentially win the division.
And if it comes down to the Padres having to throw Peavy out on Sunday on 3 days rest, that would help us if we tie with them because they won't be able to use him against us in a tie breaker game.
But most importantly, Rockies need to win out. They've had good success this year off Webb, and will need it to continue, and to have Francis pitch an A game.

ColoradoBuff
09-28-2007, 11:11 AM
How 'bout them ROCKIES~!!!

3 more wins baby.....just 3 more!!!!

SpringStein
09-28-2007, 11:21 AM
As much as I want to see the Rockies make it to the playoffs, it doesn't look terribly likely in my eyes. The pitching matchups aren't favorable - and has been said, they almost have to win out. It would be a shame to win 13 of last 14 games of the season and fall 1 game short of making it. :(

Master___Pain
09-28-2007, 11:23 AM
The Rockies control their own destiny. Win 3 and they should not only be in but probably end up winning the division. If they lose, I think they are done. SD has to lose at least two more games, and Philly/Mets at least one should the Rockies stumble. This sure is exciting

Hotrod
09-28-2007, 11:26 AM
Wow the Rockies are still playing for something.

Billy Clyde Puckett
09-28-2007, 11:27 AM
It has been one H E double hockey sticks of a run. Go Rocks.

TomServo
09-28-2007, 02:15 PM
brings back memories of the mid-late 90's. too bad i dont get to denver as often like those days.
sat. evening in denver, 85 degrees with no humidity. drinking beer all game, watching the rockies pull out six or seven runs in the last three innings. then wandering around LoDo for a few more hours.
watching the rockies back then was like watching the elway led broncos down 10 points in the fourth quarter. down eight runs in the 6th? who cares,no problem.
if the rockies can pull of one more sweep and it wouldnt surprise me. ill have to try and ask my old connection for some playoff tickets and relive some LoDo memories.

Hotrod
09-28-2007, 03:21 PM
I think I'll watch my first game of the year tonight.

Is there any room on the bandwagon???

Paladin
09-28-2007, 04:54 PM
The Rockies control their own destiny. Win 3 and they should not only be in but probably end up winning the division. If they lose, I think they are done. SD has to lose at least two more games, and Philly/Mets at least one should the Rockies stumble. This sure is exciting

Any of those scenarios is possible.

Paladin
09-28-2007, 04:59 PM
It occurs to me that the impact of this run will be felt fopr a couple o fyears. I submit htat the West Coast teams and their fans will not take the Rockies lightly again. The Rockies swept all of teh West Coast teams at least one series this year, and beat them in their own parks. The "great" pitchers and hitters out there have some competition, now, an dif the MOnforst don't screw it up, the Rockies could be there for some time.

Tulo and the other guys are not intimidated by the "great" pitchers out there. Respectful, yes, but not intimidated. And I think that will be a factor in years to come.....

Paladin
09-28-2007, 05:00 PM
I think I'll watch my first game of the year tonight.

Is there any room on the bandwagon???

No. You have to be humble, and you aint.

Hotrod
09-28-2007, 05:05 PM
No. You have to be humble, and you aint.

LOL

I think I'll jump on anyway

Paladin
09-28-2007, 07:59 PM
Here we go, Rockies, here we go (clapclapclap).....

(With apologies to Nugs.....)

SpringStein
09-28-2007, 08:10 PM
Scoreboard watching:

Fla jumps out ahead of Mets 4-1 in top of 3rd.
Phils game scoreless after 4

DomCasual
09-28-2007, 08:34 PM
Scoreboard watching:

Fla jumps out ahead of Mets 4-1 in top of 3rd.
Phils game scoreless after 4

Man, the Mets have just tanked.

TheChamp24
09-28-2007, 08:41 PM
Well, both Francis and Webb are pitching well to start out.
Man do the Rocks need to pull out this win.

TheChamp24
09-28-2007, 08:46 PM
Well, ****, 3-0 DBacks after that 2 run homerun

SpringStein
09-28-2007, 08:46 PM
Not good - 3-0 hole in the 3rd. Not impossible to overcome, but....

:(

DomCasual
09-28-2007, 08:47 PM
Crap.

BMF Bronco
09-28-2007, 08:47 PM
sonofabizznatch

SpringStein
09-28-2007, 08:55 PM
At least got 1 back.

SpringStein
09-28-2007, 08:56 PM
Lots of swinging at first pitches. Come on - make him pitch to you!

TheChamp24
09-28-2007, 08:59 PM
Yeah, the Rockies don't seem to work the count a lot by taking pitches early, aside from Helton.
But man, I'm happy the Rockies got at least 1 run in that inning.

BMF Bronco
09-28-2007, 08:59 PM
Lots of game left!!!

SpringStein
09-28-2007, 09:01 PM
Yeah, the Rockies don't seem to work the count a lot by taking pitches early, aside from Helton.
But man, I'm happy the Rockies got at least 1 run in that inning.

Helton was one of the ones I was referring to his last AB. But he usually does work the count.

SpringStein
09-28-2007, 09:04 PM
Brewers with an early 2-0 lead over SD. :)
Mets losing to Fla. 7-4 :)
Phils winning 4-0. :(

TheChamp24
09-28-2007, 09:06 PM
Geez, see, Atkins is ahead 2-0 and swings and hits a weak grounder to third. You guys don't have to swing at every strike!

TheChamp24
09-28-2007, 09:08 PM
Okay, seriously, work the damn count! A quick inning for Webb...

SpringStein
09-28-2007, 09:14 PM
Padres come back with 3 to take a 1 run lead.

BMF Bronco
09-28-2007, 09:18 PM

eddie mac
09-28-2007, 09:20 PM
3-3 now Padres game.

SpringStein
09-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Webb has only thrown about 60 pitches through 5.

We have to take care of business here.

TheChamp24
09-28-2007, 09:28 PM
Well **** on a stick, 4-1 DBacks now.
Rockies will have to work some magic in the bottom of the 6th here, especially since they have 2-3-4 coming up.

SpringStein
09-28-2007, 09:28 PM
4-1

eddie mac
09-28-2007, 09:31 PM
Not looking good thus far.

Need both the Padres and Mets to lose if we cant come back here.

SpringStein
09-28-2007, 09:35 PM
How many fly ball outs have we had? 2? Webb has his sinker working for sure.

eddie mac
09-28-2007, 09:37 PM
Another inning goes by.

TheChamp24
09-28-2007, 09:37 PM
I know its only the 7th inning now, but the way things are looking, I think the streak is done.
:(

SpringStein
09-28-2007, 09:39 PM
Clint didn't waste time replacing Francis.

BMF Bronco
09-28-2007, 09:42 PM
Oh Ye Of Little Faith

SpringStein
09-28-2007, 09:49 PM
Padres get a leadoff double in the 6th.

And yes, you can call me Doubting Thomas.

BMF Bronco
09-28-2007, 09:52 PM
whew, dodged a big'un there

SpringStein
4-3, Padres.

It's slipping away. :(

DomCasual
Whew!

Let's go! We need some patience here. Work the pitch counts a little.

TheChamp24
09-28-2007, 09:53 PM
Rockies have to get something going here. Need to get some more on the scoreboard this inning.

TheChamp24
09-28-2007, 09:57 PM
YES! There we go Rocks! 4-2!

Man, now that was some NICE hitting too by Hawpe

BMF Bronco
09-28-2007, 09:57 PM
hawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwpe

RhymesayersDU
09-28-2007, 09:58 PM
Get this man home!

spdirty
09-28-2007, 10:00 PM
just hit a damn homer

BMF Bronco
09-28-2007, 10:00 PM
fuggin sullivan

SpringStein
09-28-2007, 10:01 PM
Needed contact by Sullivan there.

Come on Ian!!!!

RhymesayersDU
09-28-2007, 10:05 PM
Come on Matsui, just get us a hit here!

eddie mac
Stewart walks. Matsui up.

DomCasual
A 9-pitch walk. That's a great at-bat.

TheChamp24
That was a really good at bat by the young kid Stewart there. Had a horrible swing on 0-1 to make it 0-2, but worked the count and spoiled some good pitches to draw a walk.
Matsui needs to come up in the clutch here.

DomCasual
09-28-2007, 10:07 PM
This will be 100 pitches for Webb.

SpringStein
09-28-2007, 10:07 PM
REALLY NEEDED to get more than 1 that inning.

Crap!

spdirty
09-28-2007, 10:08 PM
well ****

TheChamp24
Damnit, we really needed to score 2 that inning at least, especially having a runner on 3rd with only 1 out.

DomCasual
Well, that sucks. But, the good news is that there's almost no way we won't get to their bullpen now. And the meat of our order is due up.

SpringStein
Brewers with bases laoded, 1 out.

TheChamp24
09-28-2007, 10:11 PM
Rockies bullpen can NOT give up a single run and the Rockies need to score 2 runs in the bottom of the 8th.

DomCasual
09-28-2007, 10:12 PM
Brandon Webb with 100 pitches, and due up 3rd.

Damn, that's not a good way to start.

BMF Bronco
double isn't a good way to start.

SpringStein
Brewers with bases laoded, 1 out.

double play :(

still 4-3 Padres. If Padres win and we lose, it's basically over.

spdirty
09-28-2007, 10:18 PM
nice strikeout

SpringStein
09-28-2007, 10:18 PM
Yep, good pitching after the leadoff double.

TheChamp24
09-28-2007, 10:19 PM
Nice pitching by Bucholz after the lead double.
Come on offense! Tulo-Holliday-Helton due up, need the bats to come up big here!

SpringStein
09-28-2007, 10:23 PM
Holliday on second - need a big bomb by Helton or Atkins to even it up.

BMF Bronco
09-28-2007, 10:26 PM
my damn, what the hell are they swinging at?!

TheChamp24
09-28-2007, 10:27 PM
Jesus, terrible hitting, looks like they were over anxious there aside from Holliday. Tulo swinging 2 at his eyes, Helton an excuse me swing and Atkins whiffing at one high.

Breck Bronc
09-28-2007, 10:29 PM
The damn Brewers aren't helping matters.

I'm not confident the bottom of the Rox lineup can do anything in the 9th.

TheChamp24
09-28-2007, 10:31 PM
Yeah, with Hawpe-Torrealba-Sullivan due up, I'm not liking the Rockies chances to come up with 2 runs.

DomCasual
09-28-2007, 10:32 PM
Crap. Pads up 6-3. I hate Khalil Greene.

SpringStein
09-28-2007, 10:33 PM
Now Padres with a 3 run lead.

11 out of last 12 - hard to complain, no?

DomCasual
09-28-2007, 10:34 PM
Has anyone heard an attendance number for tonight?

spdirty
Now Padres with a 3 run lead.

11 out of last 12 - hard to complain, no?

not good enough

ohiobronco2
It's rally cap time.

spdirty
09-28-2007, 10:35 PM
Has anyone heard an attendance number for tonight?

I heard it was something like 50,300

BMF Bronco
09-28-2007, 10:47 PM
what's going on? Pitching change?

SpringStein
09-28-2007, 10:49 PM
If Kaz gets a hit, Tulo will as well.

SpringStein
09-28-2007, 10:50 PM
O well.
It was fun while it lasted.

TheChamp24
09-28-2007, 10:51 PM
Well, Rockies are most likely finished.
Can't believe no one could hit that fastball from Valverde...

BMF Bronco
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu u uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

DomCasual
Man, that hurts.

BMF Bronco
09-28-2007, 10:55 PM
Hey, they still have a slim chance, I am not packing it in yet.

TheChamp24
09-28-2007, 11:00 PM
Well, when you have to win 2 in a row against the "best" NL team and for another good team to lose 2 straight against a team thats really struggling, I don't like the chances.
If the Padres split this weekend it doesn't matter what the Rockies do.

SpringStein
09-28-2007, 11:03 PM
Hey, they still have a slim chance, I am not packing it in yet.

If they survive they will have to change their name to Colorado Possums. ;)

Xenos
09-28-2007, 11:06 PM
Well, when you have to win 2 in a row against the "best" NL team and for another good team to lose 2 straight against a team thats really struggling, I don't like the chances.
If the Padres split this weekend it doesn't matter what the Rockies do.

They just split. I'm a Padres fan (really don't care for baseball in general), but I was hoping for the Rockies to win today. Sorry guys. Is there still a wildcard possibility for the Rockies if they win the next two against the DBacks?

TheChamp24
09-28-2007, 11:06 PM
It really sickens me the DBacks might end up with the best record in the NL. I think they will get rocked in the playoffs. Other than Webb, the starting pitchers are average at best.

TheChamp24
09-28-2007, 11:08 PM
They just split. I'm a Padres fan (really don't care for baseball in general), but I was hoping for the Rockies to win today. Sorry guys. Is there still a wildcard possibility for the Rockies if they win the next two against the DBacks?

I met the next 2 games, split Saturday and Sunday, Padres are in.
If the Padres go 0-2, the Rockies 2-0, theres a chance the Rockies could make the wild card. Not sure what would happen in a 3 way tie though if the Mets win the next 2 though as well. So lets just say they go 1-1 and then, a playoff game between the Padres and Rockies for the Wild Card.

SpringStein
09-28-2007, 11:11 PM
Only way for Rockies for WC is for them to win 2 and Padres to lose last two. Doesn't look promising.

DomCasual
09-28-2007, 11:13 PM
I'll tell you what. Playoffs or no playoffs, I hope we come out playing to win. I don't know why, but I hate the Diamondbacks. Watching them celebrate tonight, and watching that Velverde punk pumping his fist after every pitch just makes me seethe. And with the Brewers having nothing to play for, I'd love to at least see us give the Padres a chance to win the division.

For the playoffs, I'm pulling for the Phillies and Cubs.

What a bummer. I'm proud of this team, though - and wildly optimistic for the future. There doesn't need to be any significant changes this offseason. They will probably address the Atkins situation, but that can be pretty positive. Get a starter and/or solid reliever, if you're going to trade him. And the last two weeks is going to be huge for them in the future. You've now got a whole team that has experienced the pressure of a pennant race. And you have a whole team that is going to have an offseason to salivate over the prospect of doing it again.

Still - damn!

Breck Bronc
09-28-2007, 11:16 PM
Only way for Rockies for WC is for them to win 2 and Padres to lose last two. Doesn't look promising.Plus, the Brewers now have nothing to play for against San Diego.

I can't believe the Diamonbacks are going to finish with the best record in the National League while being outscored on the season. I'd guess that they're the first team in NL history to accomplish that.

I can't believe that the Padres have gone on a winning streak after the Bradley/Cameron injuries. If Brian Giles doesn't hit that home run against San Fran the other night I think they'd have continued to fall apart.

I can't believe the Rockies are going to finish third in the NL West and possibly have the third best record in the NL.

The Brewers have been choking for months now and the Mets are finishing off one of the greatest chokes in recent MLB history.

TheChamp24
09-28-2007, 11:16 PM
It would be cool if we could go back in time, and stop Fuentes from blowing those 4 straight. Or at least make it so he pulls off the W in 2 of them.

Breck Bronc
09-28-2007, 11:22 PM
I'll tell you what. Playoffs or no playoffs, I hope we come out playing to win. I don't know why, but I hate the Diamondbacks. Watching them celebrate tonight, and watching that Velverde punk pumping his fist after every pitch just makes me seethe. And with the Brewers having nothing to play for, I'd love to at least see us give the Padres a chance to win the division.

For the playoffs, I'm pulling for the Phillies and Cubs.

What a bummer. I'm proud of this team, though - and wildly optimistic for the future. There doesn't need to be any significant changes this offseason. They will probably address the Atkins situation, but that can be pretty positive. Get a starter and/or solid reliever, if you're going to trade him. And the last two weeks is going to be huge for them in the future. You've now got a whole team that has experienced the pressure of a pennant race. And you have a whole team that is going to have an offseason to salivate over the prospect of doing it again.

Still - damn!Valverde is lucky he doesn't have to hit. His celebration tonight was over the top.

The Diamondbacks are going to get smoked in the playoffs at one point or another. The NL is so weak, though, that they could still make the World Series. And I hope another mediocre team like the '06 Cardinals does not win the championship.

TheChamp24
09-28-2007, 11:24 PM
Plus, the Brewers now have nothing to play for against San Diego.

I can't believe the Diamonbacks are going to finish with the best record in the National League while being outscored on the season. I'd guess that they're the first team in NL history to accomplish that.

I can't believe that the Padres have gone on a winning streak after the Bradley/Cameron injuries. If Brian Giles doesn't hit that home run against San Fran the other night I think they'd have continued to fall apart.

I can't believe the Rockies are going to finish third in the NL West and possibly have the third best record in the NL.

The Brewers have been choking for months now and the Mets are finishing off one of the greatest chokes in recent MLB history.

The DBacks are proof that in the regular season, if you have great fielding and fantastic pitching by the bullpen throughout the season, you will win a lot of games.
It really amazes me that not one single hitter in their lineup is hitting .300 or better, no one is close to 100 RBI's, 1 player with 100+ runs, and actually have 2 regulars hitting in the .230's. With that offensive numbers you would think they would be well below .500. Their bullpen has been superb though.
I really think the Cubs or whoever they play can take care of business against them in the playoffs because that won't hold up in the playoffs. That offense will score less, and the pitching I think will struggle outside of Webb(starters).

phillybroncosnut
09-28-2007, 11:41 PM
Sorry fellas. Tough pill to swallow. I had to swallow that pill the last 2 seasons after we missed the wildcard by 1 game in the last 2 seasons.

I was really pulling for you guys to sweep the D-Backs and win the West. now that that is impossible, I can't root for you to win the wildcard. Don't take that the wrong way. If you guys win the wildcard, and the Phils win the East, it would be a Rox/Phils first round. The Rockies are the last team I wanna see matched up against the Phillies. Your lineup is right there with the Phillies as the best in the national league. It would make for a wildly exciting series but I don't want any part of that lineup. I hope you can see that I am paying a huge compliment and you don't take it the wrong way when i said I can't cheer for the Rox to get the wildcard.

I know this isn't gonna help much but, you guys have a hell of a future and it sounds wierd but, the Rox coming up a game or 2 short this season will only help them in the future. I speak from experience. Be proud Rox fans, you have a bright future!

broncofan2438
09-29-2007, 03:52 AM
Yea, they have no chance, they will not make it with this schedule

24champ
09-29-2007, 04:16 AM
Valverde always does his over the top garbage celebrations. One of these days I hope he pulls a "Milton Bradley".

OrangeShadow
09-29-2007, 07:32 AM
WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO going to go get my division champs gear today :)

elsid13
09-29-2007, 08:11 AM
WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO going to go get my division champs gear today :)

Forget the division gear, I am hoping for WS gear.

Paladin
09-29-2007, 05:15 PM
What needs to be kept in mind is that this team sort of came out of the blue. I think a lot of Rockies' observers were hoping that they could just get to a break-even season. Well, they bested that. So, the future does look a lot better if the Monforts do the right things (and there's the rub, isn't it?).

I am still very pleased that I can come out of the closet now and say I am a Rockies Fan. It was tough to do before, but now, not any fan from any team can lord anything over the Rockies now.

Screw the Dudgers, Pads, Snakes and Midgets, the Soxes (red or white). cubs, Braves or whomever. The Rockies are equal to any of them in talent, skills and ability to win games, at home or on the road. Period. That felt good to say. I hope they win the next two, and let the chips fall where they may.

With respect, I don't think the Snakes will do much in the playoffs. Not a good bet. Just a hunch.....