PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Penguins (HOME)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bronx33
11-03-2006, 11:27 AM
http://www.pittsburghpenguins.com/graphics/home/gameday/teams/lg/pit.gif http://www.goonblog.com/wp-content/themes/goonblog2/images/divider.jpg

Rocket 7
11-03-2006, 09:00 PM
Present

Bronx33
11-04-2006, 01:48 PM
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Pittsburgh/2006/11/02/2209377-cp.html
Hmmmmmmm seeing that (lovin it) M from Mcdonalds it it just me or do it see a future endorsement deal for malkin. ;D
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Pittsburgh/2006/11/02/h110230A.jpg

Pittsburgh Penguins' Evgeni Malkin, (71) from Russia, is congratulated by his teammates. (CPimages/AP/Kevork Djansezian)

(CP) - Six games, seven goals, four assists. Even Super Mario is impressed with Evgeni Malkin.

"It's quite amazing to see what he's doing the first few games of his career in the NHL," Lemieux said of the Pittsburgh Penguins rookie in an interview with The Canadian Press on Thursday. "We knew he was a great talent but not to that extent.

"From what I've seen so far he's going to be a great player for many years to come," added Lemieux.

The outgoing Penguins owner knows a thing or two about lasting first impressions, scoring his first career goal on his first career shot on his first career shift on Oct. 11, 1984 - 20 months before Malkin was born.

Too bad, says Lemieux. He would have loved a chance to play on a line, in his prime, with Malkin and 19-year-old superstar Sidney Crosby.

"I wish it was 15 years earlier," said the 41-year-old Lemieux. "It's quite amazing to see him play with Sid and see what they're doing now at their age."

Pittsburgh coach Michel Therrien put Malkin, a natural centre, on Crosby's line with winger Colby Armstrong for an Oct. 24 game against New Jersey. It was instant chemistry.

And that despite the fact Crosby and Malkin can't even speak the same language.

"These guys, they see the ice so well," said Lemieux. "That's why they're both world-class players. They don't need to speak on the ice. They see the ice, they see exactly what they want to do, they anticipate the play really well and they read off each other - which is a big key in being successful and being a great player. They both do that very well."

It was in that Oct. 24 game that Malkin truly underscored his arrival, taking a long pass from Crosby and dipsy-doodling through the Devils' defence tandem of Brad Lukowich and Colin White before beating superstar goalie Martin Brodeur with a jaw-dropping, reach-around backhand move.

On hand that night in Pittsburgh was none other than Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban.

"I'm a Stars and Pens season-ticket holder and have been going to hockey games since I was a kid," Cuban wrote Thursday in his blog. "This was the first time I literally just stood, my jaw dropping in amazement and just shook my head. The most amazing goal I had ever seen."

It was the same kind of reach-around move the right-handed Lemieux perfected during his hey day.

"The move he made on the defenceman coming across and having the presence to go on his backhand and pulling Marty out of the net, that was quite a move," said Lemieux. "But I think the more impressive move was the way he beat that defenceman cutting across and waiting until the last second. It was quite amazing."

Even Lukowich had to admit he was impressed, although he says part of the confusion on the play was a bad line change on his part.

"But he made really what should have been a nothing play into a spectacular play," Lukowich said from East Rutherford, N.J. "He's going to be an exciting player to watch."

The 20-year-old Malkin was named the NHL's rookie of the month for October despite appearing in only five games, his season delayed by a dislocated shoulder sustained in his first pre-season game at Moncton on Sept. 20.

"It is amazing that he can come into this league, miss most of training camp, and then step in in his first six games and score seven goals," Kings defenceman Rob Blake said from Los Angeles.

Blake saw it first-hand Wednesday night as Malkin scored a pair, including the overtime winner, in a 4-3 Penguins win over the Kings.

In doing so, Malkin became the first NHL player in 89 years with goals in each of his first six games.

"His first goal, the puck was on his stick for less than a second," said Blake. "It was a great feed by Crosby and Malkin put the puck where he had to. He didn't hit our goalie in the chest, he put it in the corner where it was supposed to go. Those things you can't teach."

Just like a fan, Blake caught himself wondering what Crosby and Malkin would do next.

"Sitting there on the bench last night, just watching the plays they were attempting to make, it was pretty nice.

"That pairing is very tough to defend," added Blake. "They both have some need to score. They want the puck on their stick every time they're on the ice and they want to score. I don't know if you can teach that. It's a hunger they have. They had chance after chance."

New York Islanders centre Alexei Yashin played with Malkin last year at the Olympics and also faced him Oct. 19 - when Malkin had a goal and an assist in his second career NHL game.

"I've known him for a few years now. He's a complete player," said Yashin. "He's very skilled, he's a great skater, he can pass, he can score, he can shoot. And what's even better for him is that he's playing with Sidney Crosby. Those two guys, with their skill level and talent, can do a lot of damage."

Added Isles head coach Ted Nolan: "We played him his second game and you could tell that kid is going to be the real deal. Hockey fans are going to be treated watching him and Crosby do some magical things over the next few years."

The Devils have already faced the duo twice this season.

"You can just tell with those two, they look at each other, they're excited to play with each other," said Lukowich. "They're looking to set each other up and they also don't want to let each other down. They're going to be a tough duo to play against for quite some time."

Veteran defenceman Adam Foote of the Columbus Blue Jackets faced Malkin on Oct. 21 and understood right away how hard it is to defend him.

"With guys like that, talented players who are big and strong on the puck, you have to take their percentages away," said Foote. "If you overplay them, like when you overplayed Lemieux, you get in trouble. I think he's the real deal."

So far fellow Russian star Alexander Ovechkin is looking good on the prediction he made while accepting the Calder Trophy last June in Vancouver.

"I think next year Evgeni will win rookie of the year," Ovechkin said at the time, adding that he was somewhat jealous of the 1-2 punch the Penguins would have.

"They're both unbelievable players and Pittsburgh is very lucky they have both Crosby and Malkin."

Cuban echoed that though in his blog.

"You may or may not be an NHL fan, but if you are a fan of greatness in the making, watch the Pens," Cuban wrote. "Crosby and Malkin? They will not only remind Pens and NHL fans of Mario and Jaromir Jagr, but could have them wondering whether watching them play together is what watching Mario and Gretzky playing together would have been like."

Bronx33
11-04-2006, 06:10 PM
http://cdn.nhl.com/img/team/pit_comp.gif http://cdn.nhl.com/img/team/san_comp.gif

Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin have led the Pittsburgh Penguins to their longest winning streak in nearly five years.

Now, the young duo tries to help Pittsburgh earn a road victory over the San Jose Sharks for the first time in over nine years when the teams meet on Saturday.

The Penguins (7-3-0) extended their win streak to five games Wednesday as Malkin scored his second goal of the contest in overtime of a 4-3 victory at Los Angeles. Pittsburgh hasn't won six in a row since Jan. 17-26, 2002.

The 20-year-old Russian's first-period goal made him the first NHL player in 89 years to score in each of his first six games.

"Malkin's contribution has been huge and I feel pretty fortunate to play with him," said the 19-year-old Crosby, who assisted on both of Malkin's goals and added another on Noah Welch's tying goal in the third period.

Crosby and Malkin have combined for 13 goals and 29 points this season, and along with fellow youngsters Jordan Staal and Marc-Andre Fleury, are a big part of Pittsburgh's strong start.

Staal, who scored his fifth goal Wednesday, turned 18 in September while 21-year-old goalie Fleury has started each game during the win streak.

Pittsburgh has won all four of its road games this season, but is facing a Sharks team that has five victories and a tie in the last six matchups between these clubs in San Jose. The Penguins haven't won there since a 5-2 victory on Oct. 22, 1997.

San Jose (9-5-0) is coming off a 3-1 home loss to the New York Rangers on Thursday, its third defeat in five games after dropping just two of its first nine contests.

The Sharks, whose 22 power-play goals make up more than half their goals this season, failed to convert with the man advantage for the first time in six games Thursday.

"Our power play wasn't clicking, but that's no excuse," said defenseman Kyle McLaren, who scored the team's lone goal with less than three minutes left in the game. "We're relying on our power play too much. We need to score 5-on-5 goals."

San Jose outshot New York 30-19, but forward Joe Thornton said the Sharks weren't ready to play.

"We didn't come game-prepared," said Thornton, who failed to record a point for the sixth time this season. "We got a lot of shots, just not a lot of quality shots. We may have taken them a little lightly, having played last night. It's tough going into the locker room after playing like that."

Sharks goalie Evgeni Nabokov likely won't start against the Penguins with coach Ron Wilson alternating between him and Vesa Toskala in net. Toskala, who has been in goal for six of San Jose's wins this season, has never faced the Penguins.

This is the first meeting between these teams since the Sharks won 4-2 at home on Feb. 27, 2004.

RECENT 5 GAMES
DATE RESULT DATE RESULT
Nov 1, 2006 PIT 4 @ LAK 3
Oct 28, 2006 PIT 8 @ PHI 2
Oct 24, 2006 NJD 2 @ PIT 4
Oct 21, 2006 CBJ 3 @ PIT 5
Oct 19, 2006 PIT 4 @ NYI 3

Nov 2, 2006 NYR 3 @ SJS 1
Oct 31, 2006 SJS 2 @ FLA 1
Oct 29, 2006 SJS 4 @ TBL 2
Oct 26, 2006 SJS 3 @ NSH 4
Oct 25, 2006 SJS 1 @ DET 2

NEXT 5 GAMES
DATE DATE
Nov 4, 2006 PIT @ SJS
Nov 6, 2006 PIT @ ANA
Nov 8, 2006 TBL @ PIT
Nov 10, 2006 OTT @ PIT
Nov 11, 2006 PIT @ CAR

Nov 4, 2006 PIT @ SJS
Nov 7, 2006 MIN @ SJS
Nov 9, 2006 SJS @ LAK
Nov 11, 2006 SJS @ PHX
Nov 13, 2006 SJS @ LAK

PIT Schedule SJS Schedule

TEAM COMPARISON
2006-2007 Team Stats
14 Points: 18
7 Wins: 9
1 ShutOuts: 3
2 Power Play Rank: 1
13 Penalty Kill Rank: 8
1.000 Win % When Leading After 1: .778
1.000 Win % When Leading After 2: .778
.000 Win % When Trailing After 1: .250
.500 Win % When Trailing After 2: .250

TEAM LEADERS

GOALS: E. MALKIN 7 M. MICHALEK 7
ASSISTS: S. CROSBY 12 J. THORNTON 13
+/-: S. CROSBY 8 M. CARLE 4
OT GOALS: E. MALKIN 1 C. BROWN 1

SoCalBronco
11-04-2006, 07:29 PM
Gametime!

SoCalBronco
11-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Cheechoo ejected for the boarding hit on Eaton.

Good.

Stop making excuses, stupid homer SJ announcers.

SoCalBronco
11-04-2006, 07:42 PM
Noah Welch playing physical tonight.

Clockwork Orange
11-04-2006, 07:44 PM
Cheechoo ejected for the boarding hit on Eaton.

Good.

Stop making excuses, stupid homer SJ announcers.

The comical thing about that was watching Crosby try to play the tough guy role. :laugh:

Stick to scoring goals, Sidney.

SoCalBronco
11-04-2006, 07:46 PM
Malkin with a great job of drawing that hook.

SoCalBronco
11-04-2006, 07:49 PM
The comical thing about that was watching Crosby try to play the tough guy role. :laugh:

Stick to scoring goals, Sidney.

Eh...he's not a very big guy, but im glad he's feisty.

Clockwork Orange
11-04-2006, 07:49 PM
Do the Pens still have that color commentator who openly encourages Pittsburgh players to take dives? I've heard him do it more than once, I'd have thought that someone would have told him to cut that out.

Clockwork Orange
11-04-2006, 07:51 PM
Eh...he's not a very big guy, but im glad he's feisty.

I understand why he did it, but come on, Crosby weighs 165 pounds soaking wet with rocks in his pockets. His inexperience showed as it looked like he was trying to steal Cheechoo's jersey.:)

Still, he was taking up for a teammate, can't find fault with that.

SoCalBronco
11-04-2006, 07:52 PM
Do the Pens still have that color commentator who openly encourages Pittsburgh players to take dives? I've heard him do it more than once, I'd have thought that someone would have told him to cut that out.

I think you are talking about Bob Errey and yes, he is still the color commentator for FSN Pittsburgh.

I don't care for him much, or for Steigerwald, the play by play guy, who is really boring. I wish Mike Lange was still on TV.

SoCalBronco
11-04-2006, 07:55 PM
Nice save, Flower.

Clockwork Orange
11-04-2006, 07:56 PM
These teams are feeling feisty tonight.

Bronx33
11-04-2006, 07:58 PM
I think you are talking about Bob Errey and yes, he is still the color commentator for FSN Pittsburgh.

I don't care for him much, or for Steigerwald, the play by play guy, who is really boring. I wish Mike Lange was still on TV.

Ex NHLer Bob Errey ? if so i hated that fag, why because he was a redwing.

SoCalBronco
11-04-2006, 08:01 PM
Great job, Jordan.

SoCalBronco
11-04-2006, 08:05 PM
Ex NHLer Bob Errey ? if so i hated that fag, why because he was a redwing.

Yeah, he played for the Wings in the latter half of his career, but he was a longtime Penguin.

SoCalBronco
11-04-2006, 08:08 PM
Flower playing much better then in the game against LA.

Bronx33
11-04-2006, 08:13 PM
Yeah, he played for the Wings in the latter half of his career, but he was a longtime Penguin.

Not the point! he was a redwing (end of story) :~ohyah!:

SoCalBronco
11-04-2006, 08:14 PM
Goaltender interference on Grier wipes out the SJ goal.

SoCalBronco
11-04-2006, 08:16 PM
Not the point! he was a redwing (end of story) :~ohyah!:

Well...today is your lucky day. Errey is coming up at the intermission. :)

I guess the SJ announcers will be interviewing him.

Bronx33
11-04-2006, 08:27 PM
Well...today is your lucky day. Errey is coming up at the intermission. :)

I guess the SJ announcers will be interviewing him.

Yep iam lucky..................i don't have to watch it. Hilarious!

SoCalBronco
11-04-2006, 08:35 PM
Damn Flower...no rebound control...1-0 SJ

SoCalBronco
11-04-2006, 08:45 PM
Michel Oullet ties it up, 1-1.

SoCalBronco
11-04-2006, 08:51 PM
Denver University's Matt Carle scores for SJ on the PP.

2-1, Sharks.

Bronx33
11-04-2006, 08:55 PM
Denver University's Matt Carle scores for SJ on the PP.

2-1, Sharks.

I like to see our DU boys do well.

SoCalBronco
11-04-2006, 09:29 PM
3-2 Sharks early in the third.

Clockwork Orange
11-04-2006, 09:39 PM
The uniform has changed, but Ruutu is still a douchebag.

Bronx33
11-04-2006, 10:00 PM
The uniform has changed, but Ruutu is still a douchebag.

I hate that litte rat f****** since he smoked jager and i really didn't care for him much before.

Bronx33
11-06-2006, 03:02 PM
Pittsburgh Penguins: Defenceman Brooks Orpik will return to the Penguins lineup tonight against the Ducks. Orpik will replace the injured Mark Eaton on the blueline. The defender was cleared to play more than a week ago, but coach Michel Therrien did not want to tinker with a winning lineup. - St. Louis Post-Dispatch

SoCalBronco
11-06-2006, 06:50 PM
10 mins to gametime.....T-Blow to start his first game tonight.

Man, we are gonna miss Mark Eaton, he was our best defenseman.

I will be ecstatic if we can get a point in Anaheim. Just get me a point.

SoCalBronco
11-06-2006, 08:07 PM
Friggin Welch is trying to ruin it for us.

STOP TAKING PENALTIES!

2-1 Pens so far, we are really lucky, we should be down in this game by 2 goals, we are being totally outplayed by the Ducks. The PK unit is keeping us alive with some outstanding play.

Dustin Penner is playing really well for Anaheim, drawing alot of penalties.

SoCalBronco
11-06-2006, 08:15 PM
Good grief, how much longer can we hold them at bay...the whole game is being played on our end.

****..another penalty.

SoCalBronco
11-06-2006, 08:19 PM
2-2, it was only a matter of time. Perry scores off the rebound.

SoCalBronco
11-06-2006, 08:32 PM
Come on boys, hold them off for one more period and get that point.

Jeez, we are being killed out there, outshot 25-10 after two periods and it actually looks worse than that....just hold them off for one more period, get that damn point, PLEASE!

SoCalBronco
11-06-2006, 08:57 PM
This is just an assraping. I can't believe its 2-2. It will take a miracle for us to withstand it and get it to OT. The clock can't move fast enough. They are just attacking and attacking.

SoCalBronco
11-06-2006, 09:03 PM
10 mins to go....come on, we are almost there, get that point!

SoCalBronco
11-06-2006, 09:06 PM
im going to have a heart attack here, the Ducks are missing by inches.

SoCalBronco
11-06-2006, 09:10 PM
Moore with a great opportunity there, but Giguere with perfect positioning.

24champ
11-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Like my avy Socal? :wave:

SoCalBronco
11-06-2006, 09:21 PM
Come on...2 mins, just hold on dammit

SoCalBronco
11-06-2006, 09:21 PM
Like my avy Socal? :wave:

sweet.

SoCalBronco
11-06-2006, 09:23 PM
T-Bo just saved our asses

SoCalBronco
11-06-2006, 09:24 PM
Overtime.

AWESOME. We STEAL a point in Anaheim in a game we had absolutely no business being in.

Thank God.

SoCalBronco
11-06-2006, 09:27 PM
Another ****ing penalty on Welch. Anaheim will end it here....thats ok, we got our point.

SoCalBronco
11-06-2006, 09:28 PM
Neidermayer to Selanne for the GWG, 4-3 Anaheim in OT.

That's ok, that doesnt bother me ONE BIT.....we got our point in a game that we should have lost by 4 goals.

Congrats John, hope u had a good time at the Pond tonight.

Bronx33
11-07-2006, 11:01 AM
How does pronger look as a duck?

SoCalBronco
11-08-2006, 06:12 PM
Pens ahead of Tampa 3-2 at the second intermission. We got a bunch of quick goals at the end of the second period there. Nils Ekman with a hat trick, Crosby with 2 assists.

Come on, lets get the win!

SoCalBronco
11-08-2006, 07:02 PM
Going to OT

SoCalBronco
11-08-2006, 07:06 PM
LaCavalier wins it in OT....****

SoCalBronco
11-11-2006, 07:11 PM
Gametime....we really really really need to win this game in the worst way, being 0-2-2 in our last four.

SoCalBronco
11-13-2006, 10:24 PM
The young trio Crosby, Malkin and Staal all score to help us beat Philly, 3-2. Malkin with the game winner with 2 mins to go.

I hope Sidney is ok, he got hit with the puck in the last few seconds and looked to be in some pain.

Bronx33
11-15-2006, 06:31 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=184456&hubname=nhl

A legal challenge by a Russian club team to prevent Evgeni Malkin from playing for the Pittsburgh Penguins has failed.

A U.S. District court judge ruled today from the bench that Metallurg's request for an injunction to keep Malkin from playing in the NHL this season has been rejected.

''We always have been confident in our position in Evgeni's case,'' Penguins vice-president of communications Tom McMillan said in a statement Wednesday. ''We are very happy for Evgeni, his family and Penguins fans.''

The Russian club may continue to pursue legal avenues and go to trail in order to seek compensation for the loss of Malkin, who had signed a contract to play in Russia this season, but Wednesday's ruling means Malkin will play this season in the NHL no matter what.

It will be up to the Russian club to decide whether to take the matter to trial, but today's ruling is considered a significant victory for Malkin, the Penguins and the NHL.

SoCalBronco
11-17-2006, 11:28 PM
This game tonight against Buffalo really pissed me off. We deserved to WIN. So many missed oppurtunities. Man we really deserved at least a point in this game. Malkin had his first really bad game, though. Buffalo did learn, as Philly has learned numerous times, that if you piss Crosby off, he takes his game to an off the charts level. He was just superhuman in the 3rd period, if we had anyone who could close on his plays, he would have had a 5 point night, instead of having "just" 2 goals.

Bronx33
11-18-2006, 12:47 PM
http://torontosun.com/Sports/Hockey/2006/11/18/2404684-sun.html

BUFFALO -- Got a wife and kids in Baltimore, Jack.

I went out for a ride and I never went back.

Just like a river that don't know where it's flowin'.

I took a wrong turn and I just kept goin'.

-- Bruce Springsteen, Hungry Heart

---

There's no wife and kids back home in Magnitogorsk, just a mom and dad. And, after all that's happened this fall, it's hard to argue Evgeni Malkin took a wrong turn.

But he sure as blazes went out for a ride and never went back.

Ever since the second week of August, Malkin has been a travellin' man. From Helsinki to Los Angeles and a dozen other cities in between.

Last night it was Buffalo and it was hardly his finest hour as a fledgling NHL star. In a 4-2 loss to the Sabres, he didn't look much like the kid who has lit it up in his first month, more like a guy who was a little road-weary.

He was pointless for only the fourth game this year, took a big hit that left him a little wonky in the third period and took a dumb penalty in the third period while his team was coming back.

To add insult to injury, in the final minute, after Sidney Crosby had scored his second goal of the game to pull Pittsburgh within one, Malkin's stick shattered while trying to keep the puck in the Buffalo zone, allowing Buffalo an empty-netter.

"We played well in the second and third," said Crosby, "but two out of three periods doesn't cut it, especially against a team like Buffalo. If we want to be competitive, we have to be better."

Malkin has been better, and will be better. The guy has been through a lot.

When the Iron Curtain fell, we all figured the cloak and dagger stuff involving Russian players had ended. You live in Moscow and you want to play in the NHL? Hop in a cab, go to the airport and, you know, take a powder.

Not so. At least not in Malkin's case. With no compensation plan in place between the NHL and Russia, his masters at Magnitogorsk Metallurg of the Russian Super League weren't going to give up.

After team officials showed up at his house in the middle of the night early in August and, according to Malkin, forced him to sign a renegotiated contract under duress, then withheld his passport in case he might flee, Malkin phoned his Canadian agent, J.P. Barry, and a plan straight out of a John LeCarre novel was hatched.

A week later, the Metallurg team flew to Helsinki for pre-season training. Malkin got off the plane with his teammates, but when they got to the bus outside the terminal, the 20-year-old had vanished.

For five days, the Russians searched high and low for Malkin in Helsinki. He was secreted in two different safe houses by a team of Finnish mercenaries while his American visa was processed.

Then, on Aug. 16, with Russian officials still in determined pursuit, Malkin slipped out of the country on a flight to New York and on to Los Angeles.

Not long after that, he signed with the Penguins who had drafted him second overall in 2004, paving the way for a magical beginning to Malkin's NHL career. After a shoulder separation delayed his start to the season by four games, Malkin scored in each of his first six games.

Malkin is making a prophet out of his fellow countryman, Alexander Ovechkin. At last year's NHL awards, where he was presented the Calder Trophy as the rookie of the year, Ovechkin predicted Malkin would be receiving it this year.

Hard to argue: In 13 games, Malkin has scored nine goals and assisted on six more. Included in those points are some highlight reel plays that have elicited comparisons to Mario Lemieux.

"These guys, they see the ice so well," said Lemieux, referring also to Crosby. "That's why they're both world class players. They don't need to speak on the ice. They see the ice, they see exactly what they want to do."

Given the mood of the boys back in Metallurg, Malkin may not be able to go home any time soon. In the meantime, it looks like he's busy making a new one.

Clockwork Orange
11-20-2006, 07:25 PM
What a spinorama pass by Crosby to Moore for the goal.

That's one for the highlight reel.

Clockwork Orange
11-20-2006, 07:52 PM
Malkin gets robbed of this 10th goal because Hatcher "accidentally" knocked the net off the moorings right before the puck went in. What a joke.

Clockwork Orange
11-20-2006, 07:57 PM
3-0 Pens after the first period.

Man, they have just owned the Flyers this season.

chadta
11-21-2006, 08:50 AM
What a spinorama pass by Crosby to Moore for the goal.

That's one for the highlight reel.

your kidding right ? the puck hit the defenders skates and then bounced to moore, the idea was right but he was lucky that it worked. If it didnt hit the defenders skates it would have been 10 feet behind him.

Malkin gets robbed of this 10th goal because Hatcher "accidentally" knocked the net off the moorings right before the puck went in. What a joke.

gimmie a break dood hatcher (the big dumb pylon) was looking at the other side of the arena when he skated into the net, no way this was done on purpose, i just dont think hes smart enough. Besides if the net wasnt forward 4 inches that shot goes wide of the net, the only reason it was in was because it got caught in the net that was out of position.

3-0 Pens after the first period.

Man, they have just owned the Flyers this season.

good, all they have to do is own them for the next 9 years to get back to an almost 500 record.

Flyers vs Pens Record: 125 W - 69 L - 30 T ( 828 GF - 673 GA )

sorry bout crappin on your thread doood im just pissed off that the flyers suck so much, you won the game, its not like ya beat a good team or anything, hell i played on minor league teams that would beat the flyers this year.

congrats on the win, but i still think by the end of the year the flyers will have more points then the pens.

:thumbsup:

Clockwork Orange
11-21-2006, 03:06 PM
congrats on the win, but i still think by the end of the year the flyers will have more points then the pens.

Don't congratulate me, I'm not a Pens fan. I was just watching and commentating on the game last night.

alkemical
11-21-2006, 05:18 PM
whaaaaaaaaaah

SoCalBronco
11-21-2006, 09:07 PM

Heh heh heh...thats funny. A Philthy-delphia fan talking **** to Penguins fans. Perhaps you didn't get the memo...you ****ing suck and we have owned your ass in a manner reminiscent of the 92-93 season series.

You are 0-4 against us and you are the worst team in the league.

STFD and STFU.

NHL: Atlantic Division Standings
1. NJ Devils: 25 pts
2. NY Rangers: 23 pts
3. PENGUINS: 22 pts
4. NY Islanders: 21 pts
5. Flyers: 12 pts

I hate to quote Bob, but STAY DOWN, B*TCH!

chadta
11-22-2006, 09:41 AM
Heh heh heh...thats funny. A Philthy-delphia fan talking **** to Penguins fans. Perhaps you didn't get the memo...you ****ing suck and we have owned your ass in a manner reminiscent of the 92-93 season series.

You are 0-4 against us and you are the worst team in the league.

yeah well, its just to bad that ever since the 92-93 season we have owned your ass, like i said you can own us for the next 10 years and youll still have a losing record. Mark my words by the end of the season we will be higher then you in the standing.

:thanku: :thanku: :thanku: :thanku: :thanku:

alkemical
11-22-2006, 10:42 AM
yeah well, its just to bad that ever since the 92-93 season we have owned your ass, like i said you can own us for the next 10 years and youll still have a losing record. Mark my words by the end of the season we will be higher then you in the standing.

:thanku: :thanku: :thanku: :thanku: :thanku:

Doesn't matter, due to the philly curse - philly won't ever win a title. They will just continue to be humilated on a nat'l stage.

I won $1000 dollars from dumb ass flyer fans against detroit in the cup. man watching these suckers give me cash after being swept was hilarious, and oh so sweet.

chadta
11-22-2006, 11:57 AM
oh no dont make fun of the city of philadelphia, that really hurts us canadians, philly is just like almost every other us city, its a dump, i really like the guys selling meat pies at the highway off ramps, that was my favorite.

alkemical
11-22-2006, 12:10 PM
oh no dont make fun of the city of philadelphia, that really hurts us canadians, philly is just like almost every other us city, its a dump, i really like the guys selling meat pies at the highway off ramps, that was my favorite.

I didn't insult the city of philly, i just noted that they will never win a championship.

chadta
11-22-2006, 02:28 PM
your probally right, but i have this thing for the color orange, all my favorite teams have orange as a main color, broncos, flyers, mets sorta dont really watch baseball since the last strike or lockout whatever the hell it was.

I think the curse had more to do with bobby clarke as far as hockey was concered, so now that hes gone were gonna win the cup this year. :thumbs:

alkemical
11-22-2006, 03:27 PM
No the curse is the curse of ben franklin.

SoCalBronco
11-22-2006, 07:41 PM
Crosby out tonight with a groin injury. I'm glad they are playing it safe.

alkemical
11-23-2006, 12:52 AM
yeah it was a L anyway - malkin had 2pts though.... he plays well at times and disappears others.

I think/hope it's still the adjustment thing

SoCalBronco
11-23-2006, 03:26 AM
yeah it was a L anyway - malkin had 2pts though.... he plays well at times and disappears others.

I think/hope it's still the adjustment thing

He was a demon in the third period and in overtime.

Flower made some dazzling saves in net to keep us alive, too.

All in all, after being down 3-1, im glad we got a point out of the game.

SoCalBronco
11-28-2006, 09:48 PM
Great game in net by the Flower on his 22nd birthday.

Sid with 2 assists in his first game back from his groin injury that caused him to miss 3 games.

Nice win over the Isles, although in the last few minutes they came real close to tying it up.

Army almost had his first career hat trick, but was hauled down before he knocked it in the empty net.

SoCalBronco
12-05-2006, 09:44 PM
That Crosby goal will DEFINITELY be on Sportscenter.

Awesome play, got past Salei and the other Fla defender and got it through Auld's 5 hole.

Outstanding individual effort to tie it up at 2.

SoCalBronco
12-06-2006, 03:16 AM
Here's the goal I talked about above from tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHpzz5tx8bY

alkemical
12-06-2006, 10:22 AM
I think this team is going to make a trade Socal....

SoCalBronco
12-09-2006, 10:02 PM
Well, we are back above .500 with the 4-3 win at Atlanta in OT.

Crosby was really dominating again tonight. Had a goal and an assist but could have had a 4 point night easy. He is now at 39 and has drawn to within 3 points of Hossa for the league lead. If he didnt miss 3 games with that groin injury, he would be the league leader right now in points, no doubt. If he doesnt miss any more time this season, I'd say, given his PPG average advantage over his rivals, he has to be the favorite for the Art Ross. He'll prolly overtake Hossa in about a week or two tops and will be atop the chart for the rest of the year. I really want him to win that Art Ross.

Malkin also was huge tonight, with a goal and 2 assists after getting called out (sorta) by Coach Therrien.

Bronx33
12-09-2006, 10:10 PM
Well, we are back above .500 with the 4-3 win at Atlanta in OT.

Crosby was really dominating again tonight. Had a goal and an assist but could have had a 4 point night easy. He is now at 39 and has drawn to within 3 points of Hossa for the league lead. If he didnt miss 3 games with that groin injury, he would be the league leader right now in points, no doubt. If he doesnt miss any more time this season, I'd say, given his PPG average advantage over his rivals, he has to be the favorite for the Art Ross. He'll prolly overtake Hossa in about a week or two tops and will be atop the chart for the rest of the year. I really want him to win that Art Ross.

Malkin also was huge tonight, with a goal and 2 assists after getting called out (sorta) by Coach Therrien.

Did you see that list i posted on the 3.0 thread, sid gets a point every 13.5 minutes which is second in the league.

alkemical
12-13-2006, 11:02 PM
I saw that **** tonight socal.....

Great game, great game!

Bronx33
12-16-2006, 04:28 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=188556&hubname=nhl

Candian billionaire Jim Balsillie has withdrawn his offer to purchase the Penguins and where it goes from here is anybody's guess.

Penguins chief executive officer Ken Sawyer spoke at a news conference on Friday night and expressed disappointment.

"We were hopeful that this was going to come to a conclusion any day," Sawyer said. "All we know is that he and the league couldn't come to an agreement and he chose to give us a notice.
Related Info

* Penguins News Conference

"The price and the terms, there was no problem there."

Representatives for both Balsillie and the NHL refused to comment on Balsillie's withdrawal, but sources tell TSN the deal started to fall apart a week ago today, when the $175 million transaction was supposed to officially close.

Sources say the NHL introduced a lengthy list of terms and conditions on the closing day that Balsillie would have to agree to if he were going to be approved as the new owner of the team. The sources added that those conditions included keeping the franchise in Pittsburgh under any circumstances and also provided for a scenario where the league could take control the franchise if it deemed it necessary.

In any case, it seems clear Balsillie was not prepared to meet those terms and conditions. He and the league apparently have been negotiating for the past week trying to find some common ground that would permit the transaction to take place, but sources say Balsillie grew weary of the process and served notice to the league he was terminating his offer to purchase.

Sources suggest the door isn't closed to Balsillie resurrecting his interest but only if the conditions of ownership are amenable to him. The NHL, though, appears intent on getting some firm commitment that the Penguins will not be leaving Pittsburgh.

Meanwhile, the news obviously comes as great disappointment to Penguins' owner Mario Lemieux. Lemieux issued the following statement:

''Jim Balsillie delivered a notice of termination today, and it is our understanding that he has stopped negotiating with the National Hockey League to get the necessary consent to buy the Pittsburgh Penguins,'' Lemieux said.

''While these developments create significant uncertainty, the Penguins organization will re-evaluate our situation after the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board makes the decision on the awarding of the Pittsburgh gaming license.

''What is clear is the best way to assure that the team remains viable and in Pittsburgh is to award the gaming license to the Isle of Capri.''

A decision on a slots license application is to be made Dec. 20. If the license is awarded to the Isle of Capri group, which has an agreement with the Penguins to get a new arena built for the NHL team, the future of the franchise in Pittsburgh appears to be secure.

But if the slots license were granted to a group other than Isle of Capri, there is no guarantee the Penguins would be able to stay in Pittsburgh.

It is difficult to know how to spin what has happened here since neither side – Balsillie or the NHL – are talking. The best we can do is to speculate.

The NHL might be inclined to say its desire to include assurances the Pens stay in Pittsburgh, and Balsillie's subsequent refusal to grant those assurances, shows that Balsillie was strongly considering the possibility of relocating the franchise, perhaps to southern Ontario, where the headquarters of his RIM corporation are located. The NHL could maintain it was championing the cause of NHL hockey in Pittsburgh and protecting the Penguins.

Balsillie might be inclined to say the NHL blindsided him and the Penguins' Lemieux-led ownership group with a series of last-minute demands that would leave his $175 million investment greatly compromised and that he could never invest that sum and have his hands tied as tightly as the NHL was insisting.

Now? Who knows?

The first hint that something might be awry came earlier this week when a fax vote by the NHL board of governors was supposed to have been completed. Whether it was or not, we don't know. But the expectation was, initially anyway, that the approval would be swift and unanimous and could have been announced as early as Monday of this week.

Sources told TSN that the board approval might be withheld until after the Dec. 20 announcement on the slots license in Pittsburgh, that if the Isle of Capri received the license and the arena plans were going ahead then Balsillie would get board approval. But that if Isle of Capri didn't get the license, and the Pens' arena future was uncertain, there would have to be assurances from Balsillie to keep the team in Pittsburgh before league approval was granted.

As it turned out, those demands were made last week when the deal was supposed to close on Dec. 8.

The Penguins are expected to hold a news conference during the first intermission of their game against the New York Islanders in Pittsburgh.

Clockwork Orange
12-16-2006, 06:08 PM
Crosby is quickly becoming the fantasy hockey equivalent of LaDanian Tomlinson.

Mtbrncofn
12-16-2006, 07:44 PM
Geez. So who's the lucky dog in our free league that has him?

Aha. Tred, you lucky gal. :)

SoCalBronco
12-19-2006, 08:35 PM
This is a ****ing embarassment.

Flower with his fourth straight poor outing in net, gets pulled for T-Blow.

3-0 Blues so far.

alkemical
12-19-2006, 09:45 PM
blah

SoCalBronco
12-19-2006, 09:57 PM
Well...Josh...that definitely sucked....but I'd gladly trade that game for good news tomorrow....possibly the most important day in our franchise's history. That said, we obviously do not have reason to be optimistic with how corrupt this process has been, but I am praying for a miracle.

It was nice to see the crowd chanting "ISLE...OF...CAPRI....ISLE...OF...CAPRI".

I'm going to be so pissed off tomorrow when we get hosed by that stupid board.

alkemical
12-19-2006, 10:06 PM
Oh man i will be livid.

They are trying to push a casino in gettysburg - but gettysburg doesn't want one - so WTF NOT GIVE IT TO ****ING MARIO...

I don't even want to get started on it man

SoCalBronco
12-20-2006, 12:43 PM
Don Barden and Majestic Star win the license.

That sucked. But....at least it wasn't Forest City.

Onto Plan B.

alkemical
12-20-2006, 01:13 PM
You know - how is it when a company - states they will pay for it - if they get a slots license - gets turned down - so the tax payers have to eat the arena - is insanity - insanity - yeah they get a license - but they would kick out $300mil for a damn areana -

This state f'ing sucks.

chadta
12-20-2006, 07:28 PM
its funny to see you guys complaining about losing a 4th game in a row, being a flyers fan and all just setting a franchise record for losing 7 in a row i feel for ya, really i do.

alkemical
12-21-2006, 12:08 AM
uhhh, hit a 21 game loosing streak then come back in here.

chadta
12-21-2006, 06:21 AM
uhhh, hit a 21 game loosing streak then come back in here.

sorry im not used to totally sucking , im used to playing well, and then choking when the games matter. ;D

altho i think 21 is doable, we have the team, and now thanks to a shoot out we have no hope of a tie breaking the losing streak.

alkemical
12-21-2006, 10:08 AM
sorry im not used to totally sucking , im used to playing well, and then choking when the games matter. ;D

altho i think 21 is doable, we have the team, and now thanks to a shoot out we have no hope of a tie breaking the losing streak.

Nope, now you get an unwinning streak or some thing like that.

Clockwork Orange
12-21-2006, 03:28 PM
Just saw on the ticker on ESPN that Mario has said that the team is no longer for sale and that they will explore relocation.

Sorry, guys. :(

alkemical
12-21-2006, 03:39 PM
if they move i'm done with the NHL.

Clockwork Orange
12-21-2006, 03:48 PM
I'll vomit if Crosby & Malkin end up playing in that ****hole, KC.

Jori
12-21-2006, 03:51 PM
It's a damn damn shame :(

alkemical
12-21-2006, 04:04 PM

24champ
12-21-2006, 06:23 PM
I'll vomit if Crosby & Malkin end up playing in that ****hole, KC.

Luc Robitaille better schedule some tee times with Mario since he is essentially in charge of getting a hockey team to KC since the Kings are owned by AEG corp. which owns the new Sprint Arena in KC. Honestly I would hope the team goes elsewhere like Portland, Winnepeg, Hartford etc but not KC. Unfortunately I really don't see how Pitt doesn't move to KC since the new sprint building is going to be ready in early october and there will be a new team name.

Bronx33
12-21-2006, 07:47 PM
What a slap in the face from mario...

SoCalBronco
12-21-2006, 09:22 PM
What a slap in the face from mario...

Calm down, he's just trying to create leverage before they sit down with Onorato and Ravenstahl. They are trying primarily to get the yearly contribution figure on their end down from what it is at in the current Plan B.

This is all gamesmanship. They need some leverage to get a sweeter Plan B...plus Onorato is up for re-election next year.

EDIT: Crosby taps in the game tying goal with 15 seconds left. We pick up a point on the road, heading to OT vs. ATL. Sid with 1 G and 1 A.

alkemical
12-22-2006, 12:39 PM
Pens' Eaton has cast removed, return still uncertain (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2704835)

PITTSBURGH -- Penguins defenseman Mark Eaton has had the cast removed from his surgically repaired left wrist.

But it may be another six weeks before he returns to the ice.

Eaton says he needs that time to regain the range of motion and his strength.

Eaton was injured during the Nov. 4 game at San Jose when he was boarded by Sharks forward Jonathan Cheechoo in the first minute of a 3-2 loss.

At the time, Eaton was leading the team with 36 blocked shots in 11 games.

Eaton is looking at possibly returning to the lineup for the Feb. 1 home game against Montreal.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

SoCalBronco
01-02-2007, 09:47 PM
What a play by Sid. That was sweet.

3-0, Pens in the third.

2 goals and an assist so far by Sid.

Cam Ward is actually playing really well for Carolina despite the score.

EDIT: 3-0 Final...the Flower with a nice shutout.

alkemical
01-02-2007, 10:18 PM
Whoo hoo

alkemical
01-03-2007, 05:27 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/penguins/

Lemieux meeting today with K.C. officials
Pens' owners also set to discuss 'Plan B' with city, Pa. leaders
Wednesday, January 03, 2007

By Dave Molinari, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Kansas City officials, eager to find an anchor tenant for a new arena, will get their first opportunity to lure the Penguins there today.

Mario Lemieux and Ron Burkle, who lead the franchise's ownership group, and other members of the team's front office accepted an invitation to travel to Kansas City and meet with representatives of the city and the Sprint Center, a $276 million multipurpose venue scheduled to open this fall.

The Penguins' lease at Mellon Arena expires in June, and they have attracted expressions of interest from cities across North America that are in the market for a National Hockey League franchise. This will be the first meeting between Penguins executives and people from one of those cities.

It is not known if the team has been contacted by representatives of anyplace except Kansas City, but when Mr. Lemieux announced last month that the franchise no longer was for sale, he made it clear that ownership was prepared to entertain arena proposals from any city seeking an NHL club.

That sentiment was reinforced in a letter he and Mr. Burkle sent to Gov. Ed Rendell, Allegheny County Chief Executive Dan Onorato and Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl last week.

In that letter, they agreed to meet with those elected officials tomorrow to discuss what is popularly known as "Plan B," a proposal the public officials are formulating to finance construction of an arena here. But they reiterated that "we are in the process of exploring all of our options."

Although no formal deadline for determining where the Penguins will be based next season has been established, the Penguins' letter conveyed the importance of having the matter resolved in the relatively near future.

The urgency is based, in part, on the NHL needing to know where the team will play so that work can begin on its schedule for the 2007-08 season. Also, the Penguins would need considerable time before next season to handle business-related issues such as selling tickets and arranging corporate sponsorships, particularly if they are operating in a new market.

"We appreciate the positive tone of your recent public comments and look forward to seeing what has been described as a plan that is significantly better than the original 'Plan B,' " the letter said.

"It is essential for the future of this franchise that we negotiate an arena deal that makes economic sense for the long term. Please be advised that time is of the essence. We must have something in place well in advance of the March 31 deadline mentioned in your letter [proposing Thursday's meeting]."

Neither Mr. Lemieux nor Kansas City officials could be reached for comment last night.

While groups in cities like Houston and Las Vegas are purported to be shopping for an NHL team, Kansas City has been at the forefront of those hoping to attract one.

All 72 luxury suites at the Sprint Center have been sold, and California venture capitalist William "Boots" Del Biaggio III, who nearly purchased the Penguins in 2005, has an agreement in place to base a franchise there if he is able to acquire one.

Clockwork Orange
01-03-2007, 06:57 PM
According to this, the Penguins were, in fact, offered Jack Johnson straight up for the #2 overall pick in this summer's draft and Shero declined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmhCBiMbWkc

It's all water under the bridge now, but do you Pens fans wish he'd have taken that deal?

alkemical
01-03-2007, 11:53 PM
no, i'm fine with staal

SoCalBronco
01-04-2007, 12:12 AM
I would have preferred Johnson. Unfortunately, Shero got extremely greedy and it blew up in his face. Jordan is a bull and will be a great defensive forward, but like Geno Malkin, he will want to run his own ship someday. He'll want to go back to center and be a No. 1 center.

Johnson loves Crosby, he's not going to split and we need defensive studs more than offensive ones anyway, especially another natural center. I know he's having a crappy tourney but Johnson's still a beast.

alkemical
01-04-2007, 09:43 AM
See i don't think there is a #1 centre anymore. If you have two bona-fide blue chip centre's that's not a bad thing to have.

Bronx33
01-04-2007, 07:06 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/s_487121.html

Emerging from his Downtown meeting this afternoon with state and local leaders, Penguins owner Mario Lemieux said he heard "very positive" comments from Gov. Ed Rendell, county Chief Executive Dan Onorato and Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl. But Lemieux didn't rule out moving the Penguins to Kansas City, Mo.

Lemieux said he hopes "to move forward (on a decision) in the next week or so."

"We had two great meetings today, one in Kansas City and one here tonight," he said.

Lemiuex and other Penguins officials are considering a rent-free deal to move the Penguins to the new Sprint Center arena in Kansas City. Rendell, Onorato and Ravenstahl are pitching the governor's so-called Plan B to build a replacement for the aging Mellon Arena in Uptown.

Clockwork Orange
01-05-2007, 02:45 AM
If you have two bona-fide blue chip centre's that's not a bad thing to have.

http://images.art.com/images/products/large/10097000/10097156.jpg

:thumbs:

alkemical
01-05-2007, 09:55 AM
http://images.art.com/images/products/large/10097000/10097156.jpg

:thumbs:

I was thinking more along the lines of Ronnie Francis & Mario :yayaya:

SoCalBronco
01-07-2007, 09:13 PM
Amazing goal by Sid, basically diving at the ice to get the puck off a Recchi pass and flicking it into the net with 3 seconds to go in the 2nd period.

PIT 1
TAM 1

SoCalBronco
01-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Thats a ****ing horse**** call, ref!

HORSE****ING ****

Edit: thankfully it was changed on review.

2-2.

SoCalBronco
01-07-2007, 10:09 PM
Going to OT, Im glad to get a point against this team, we have been totally snakebitten against TB for the last few years.

Clockwork Orange
01-07-2007, 11:01 PM
Amazing goal by Sid, basically diving at the ice to get the puck off a Recchi pass and flicking it into the net with 3 seconds to go in the 2nd period.

PIT 1
TAM 1

We'll be seeing that one on the highlight reels for quite some time.

SoCalBronco
01-13-2007, 03:51 PM
Im glad the guys on our bench told Forsberg to keep his head up after all the **** he has done, I hope Ruutu makes his SUFFER in the third. Take his ass OUT and make it PAINFUL!!!

Bronx33
01-13-2007, 09:58 PM
Im glad the guys on our bench told Forsberg to keep his head up after all the **** he has done, I hope Ruutu makes his SUFFER in the third. Take his ass OUT and make it PAINFUL!!!

Colby armstrong got a little taste of forsbergs shoulder.. :thumbsup:

SoCalBronco
01-16-2007, 09:44 PM
Very disappointing to see no one go after Jason Blake in the last few seconds there. I was hoping Orpik would launch himself at Blake's head or something, or maybe elbow him in the face...come on guys, step it up, you have to protect Sid.

alkemical
01-17-2007, 10:19 AM
Very disappointing to see no one go after Jason Blake in the last few seconds there. I was hoping Orpik would launch himself at Blake's head or something, or maybe elbow him in the face...come on guys, step it up, you have to protect Sid.

Oh i know SoCal....

alkemical
01-17-2007, 10:24 AM
Arena talks may resume soon (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07017/754329-61.stm)

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

By Mark Belko, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Another round of talks between the Penguins and state and local officials over funding for a new arena could be days away.

Gov. Ed Rendell is expected to meet with Penguins owners Mario Lemieux and Ron Burkle late tomorrow or Friday during a visit to Pittsburgh to discuss progress on Plan B, the funding formula he put together for a new arena. Also expected to attend are Mayor Luke Ravenstahl and Allegheny County Chief Executive Dan Onorato.

The parties were still attempting to establish a firm time and day for the meeting yesterday.

The meeting would be the first since Jan. 4, when state and local officials met with Mr. Lemieux and Mr. Burkle at the State Office Building, Downtown.

The meeting, described as very positive, began the effort of cobbling together an agreement under Plan B to build a new arena and keep the team in Pittsburgh. The Penguins also are considering an offer from Kansas City to move into the new $276 million Sprint Center next season.

While talks between the Penguins and state and local officials over Plan B have gone well, it's unlikely that the meeting this week will produce a final agreement.

The Penguins declined comment yesterday. Mr. Onorato said he was not aware of a meeting being set up. While the governor's office confirmed that Mr. Rendell will be in Pittsburgh later this week, it said there was no meeting with the Penguins on his schedule as of yesterday.

alkemical
01-18-2007, 03:38 PM
Rendell to meet today with Penguins on arena (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07018/754766-61.stm)

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Gov. Ed Rendell is expected to meet with representatives of the Penguins this evening to try to close in on a deal to fund a new arena and keep the team in Pittsburgh under a long-term lease.

Allegheny County Chief Executive Dan Onorato and Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl likely will join Mr. Rendell at the session. It's uncertain whether Penguins owners Mario Lemieux and Ron Burkle will be among those representing the team.

The meeting comes amid a growing sense of optimism among state and local officials that an agreement to keep the Penguins in Pittsburgh is moving closer to completion.

No one is predicting, however, that a final accord will be announced as part of this evening's gathering.

"I think they're getting closer to a deal," said state Sen. Wayne Fontana, a board member of the city-Allegheny County Sports & Exhibition Authority, which has been involved in the talks. "I'm confident that progress is being made."

Mr. Fontana is not expecting tonight's meeting to produce a final agreement.

"I suspect there's going to have to be some conversation with the [sports authority] even after they come to some conclusion," he said. "I don't expect it to conclude [today], but on the other hand I'm anticipating they will get closer to the end."

The Penguins have repeatedly declined comment on the talks.

The two sides are trying to work out a deal under Plan B, Mr. Rendell's funding formula for a new arena. It originally called for $14.5 million a year in contributions from slot machine gambling in Pennsylvania, plus $4 million a year from the Penguins, including $1.16 million annually in naming rights.

The Penguins annual contribution is expected to end up closer to $2.9 million, however, and a proposed $8.5 million upfront payment likely will be covered by the sale of the team-owned St. Francis Central Hospital to the Sports & Exhibition Authority, which needs it as part of the new arena site.

"What I sense is a positive tone" out of Mr. Onorato, Mr. Ravenstahl and Mr. Rendell, County Council President Rich Fitzgerald said. "They feel optimistic that it's got a good chance."

He said he has been told that no tax dollars will be part of any funding plan.

The Penguins want to decide by the end of the month whether to stay in Pittsburgh under a new arena deal or move to Kansas City, where the $276 million rent-free Sprint Center will be ready next fall.

The team's Mellon Arena lease expires at the end of June.

In Pittsburgh, a new arena won't be ready until 2009 at the earliest. As a result, the Penguins are hoping to secure an interim agreement that would give them a greater share of Mellon Arena revenues.

The team has available to it a proposed lease extension that would allow it to play rent free at Mellon Arena next year and control most building revenues. It would require an upfront payment of $5 million to SMG, which currently manages the facility.

Today's session will be the first since Jan. 4, when Mr. Lemieux emerged from a "very positive" meeting with the three elected leaders, optimistic about the prospects for keeping the team here.

Bronx33
01-20-2007, 12:45 PM
Governor calls deal hard to beat, but team balks at splitting development rights, parking

Gov. Ed Rendell yesterday said the arena deal being offered the Penguins is better than others struck recently in the National Hockey League, but the team has balked at a proposal to share development rights and parking revenues with Pittsburgh casino backer Don Barden.

Another issue that has come up in the talks is $10 million the Penguins may owe Isle of Capri Casinos Inc., which lost to Mr. Barden in the bidding for the city's casino license.

According to Mr. Rendell, the Penguins agreed to pay that amount if Isle of Capri failed to win the casino license but the team still secured a new arena in Pittsburgh.

During an interview yesterday, Mr. Rendell, coming off a late-night round of negotiations with the team Thursday, said the Penguins' share of the arena financing would be a "fraction" of what Pennsylvania's other professional sports franchises -- the Steelers, Pirates, Flyers, Eagles, and Phillies -- contributed toward their new homes.

"I believe the offer we put before the Penguins is the best of any offer that's been made to any NHL team for a new [arena] in recent times and it's also by far the best of any offer made to any Pennsylvania professional sports team for a new stadium," he said.

Mr. Rendell added that the Penguins' share under a sweetened Plan B funding formula would be "significantly below" the 18 percent the Pirates paid toward the construction of the $260 million PNC Park.

The Steelers paid about 44 percent of the $281 million cost of Heinz Field. Under Plan B, the Penguins initially would have paid about 20.7 percent toward a $290 million arena.

An October Post-Gazette survey found that since 2000, NHL teams have contributed anywhere from nothing to 30 percent of the cost of building new arenas.

While the governor touted the proposed Plan B deal as hard to beat, the Penguins apparently felt otherwise during a 90-minute meeting Thursday that broke off without an agreement.

According to sources, team representatives, including co-owner Ron Burkle, were stunned when state and local officials proposed that the Penguins share development rights and parking revenues with Mr. Barden, who was a surprise visitor to the negotiations.

The team saw the proposal as a worse deal than it would get under an extension available next year at Mellon Arena, one that would allow rent-free use of the building and give the franchise control over all building revenues, including parking.

In addition to sharing parking revenues and development rights, the state, city and county also want the team to pay rent at the new arena, in excess of the roughly $2 million a year it pays SMG at Mellon Arena, sources said.

Team officials saw the latest proposal as a setback after a "very positive" Jan. 4 meeting, they said. They were surprised to see Mr. Barden, who was invited by Mr. Rendell, and the proposals for sharing development rights and parking revenues. They also felt the overall plan represented a retreat from the previous session.

Mr. Barden has committed to providing $7.5 million a year for 30 years toward a new arena under the Rendell-crafted Plan B, which also calls for contributions from the Penguins and a slots-financed state economic development fund.

The casino operator said Thursday night he joined the talks to "observe and see if I can be helpful. I want to do everything I can to see that the Penguins stay in Pittsburgh."

The Penguins declined comment on all aspects of the talks yesterday, saying in a statement that "we'll continue to explore all of our options."

One of those options is Kansas City, where the $276 million Sprint Center will open this fall. The Penguins are being offered a deal that includes free rent and a share of building revenues. It's likely that the team will explore that option more seriously in the wake of Thursday's meeting. The Penguins' Mellon Arena lease expires at the end of June.

Mr. Rendell said the proposal to share development rights is a result of a city-Allegheny County Sports & Exhibition Authority resolution passed in 2005 offering such rights to any casino operator or private investor who commits to building a new arena.

The rights would extend to authority-owned property that now includes Mellon Arena, which would be demolished if a new facility is built across the street. Since neither Mr. Barden nor the Penguins would fully fund a new arena, the authority is talking to them jointly, Mr. Rendell said.

"The way the revenue streams are, neither one is solely responsible [for funding an arena], so together they would probably qualify under the [authority] recommendations," he said.

Asked about the sharing of parking revenues, Mr. Rendell replied, "Parking is on the table for discussion."

Despite the objections by the Penguins, Mr. Rendell believes Plan B is still better than what Kansas City is offering because the team would have to share building revenues there. In Pittsburgh, they would get virtually all such revenues from hockey and non-hockey events, excluding the parking.

The governor said the $10 million payment to Isle of Capri has come up in the talks as a cost the Penguins would have to bear if they stayed in Pittsburgh as opposed to moving to Kansas City.

Isle of Capri spokeswoman Jill Haynes said the company "does not comment on alleged content of confidential business agreements." The team also said it would not comment "on private business deals."

In the aftermath of Thursday's session, it is clear that whatever optimism preceded it now has dissipated. The governor conceded the results of the meeting were mixed.

"We made progress on some things and went back on others and that's very common in negotiations," he said.

Asked where they had fallen back, he replied, "some of the requests for relief from the Penguins."

While the governor had hoped for more progress, he said he still thought an agreement was possible.

"I'm still hopeful but there's a lot of posturing that goes on. That's true in these types of negotiations. That's true in business negotiations. It's true in labor negotiations."

No new talks have been scheduled, but Mr. Rendell said he hoped for another meeting soon.

SoCalBronco
01-20-2007, 08:41 PM
Geno Malkin's really dominating out there tonight. What great skating.

SoCalBronco
01-20-2007, 08:46 PM
Sweet pass by Sid, looking the other way to decieve the Toronto PKers and then lasering it to Recchin ball fhe old man's hat trick.

5-1 PIT.

24champ
01-20-2007, 08:57 PM
Dear Penguins,

I will trade you Mattias Norstrom or Aaron Miller for Noah Welch and a Pick.

Sincerely,

Dean Lombardi
President of Kings Hockey.

Jens1893
01-20-2007, 08:58 PM
Socal, what channelīs coverage of the game do you get on Center Ice? CBCīs HNIC coverage?

SoCalBronco
01-20-2007, 09:01 PM
Socal, what channelīs coverage of the game do you get on Center Ice? CBCīs HNIC coverage?

Center Ice usually uses FSN Pittsburgh for home games but tonight its on CBC.

SoCalBronco
01-20-2007, 09:03 PM
Dear Penguins,

I will trade you Mattias Norstrom or Aaron Miller for Noah Welch and a Pick.

Sincerely,

Dean Lombardi
President of Kings Hockey.

Hell no......Welch is our only young defenseman that is actually competent in his own zone.

How bout Orpik instead?

24champ
01-20-2007, 09:09 PM
Hell no......Welch is our only young defenseman that is actually competent in his own zone.

How bout Orpik instead?

Dear Penguins,

The counter-proposal does not fit in the Kings plans. We would like to acquire young defensemen to go with Jack Johnson in the future. Hold on have to get back to you on that, Nashville just called...

Sincerely,

Dean Lombardi
President of Kings Hockey

SoCalBronco
01-20-2007, 09:15 PM
Dear Penguins,

The counter-proposal does not fit in the Kings plans. We would like to acquire young defensemen to go with Jack Johnson in the future. Hold on have to get back to you on that, Nashville just called...

Sincerely,

Dean Lombardi

Dear Kings,

We wish you all the luck in the world in your development of Jack Johnson in the next few years. We'd like you to do you best with him, so as to get him completely up to speed by the time he hits free agency and bolts to play with his best buddy Sid.

Warmest Regards,

Ray Shero
General Manager, Pittsburgh Penguins

Jens1893
01-20-2007, 09:23 PM
6-1 Pens

24champ
Dear Kings,

We wish you all the luck in the world in your development of Jack Johnson in the next few years. We'd like you to do you best with him, so as to get him completely up to speed by the time he hits free agency and bolts to play with his best buddy Sid.

Warmest Regards,

Ray Shero
General Manager, Pittsburgh Penguins

Dear Penguins,

I would like to thank you for passing up on the trade for Jack Johnson. Jack Johnson is getting bored playing in the College ranks and will join the Kings in the near future. Jack Johnson is excited to play with his idol Rob Blake soon. To show the Kings gratitude for allowing us to have a chance to trade for Jack we included with this letter is a gift basket full of fruits, chocolates, and fine wine. Enjoy!

Sincerely,

Dean Lombardi

SoCalBronco
What a nice glide by Sid and shot...I think he'll get credit for that goal too.

A goal and 2 assists for Sid so far tonight.

Geno Malkin with 3 assists I believe.

Jens1893
01-20-2007, 09:25 PM
Center Ice usually uses FSN Pittsburgh for home games but tonight its on CBC.

I get like 7-8 NHL games every week, including the CBC HNIC Doubleheader, but it pisses me off they mainly show teams from the East Coast and CBC seems to have the Leafs on HNIC every ****ing week.

SoCalBronco
01-20-2007, 09:26 PM
Some nice saves by the Flower. He's done a solid job, tonight.

SoCalBronco
01-20-2007, 09:32 PM
I get like 7-8 NHL games every week, including the CBC HNIC Doubleheader, but it pisses me off they mainly show teams from the East Coast and CBC seems to have the Leafs on HNIC every ****ing week.

That sucks, Jens. You know, I think google is starting to put a bunch of live games on in their video section, so maybe that is another way you can watch the Avs.

SoCalBronco
01-20-2007, 09:38 PM
7-1.

Malkin with another assist. That's 4 for him.

Jens1893
01-20-2007, 09:38 PM
Shock! Horror! Pens add another PPG.

SoCalBronco
01-20-2007, 09:44 PM
Stupid dumbass Whitney.

You can have his pathetic ass right now, 24champbailey.

SoCalBronco
01-20-2007, 09:46 PM
Malone scores...Malkin with another assist. 8-2.

5 assists for Malkin.

Malkin >>>>>>>>>> Kopitar

SoCalBronco
01-20-2007, 09:53 PM
The Leafs are resorting to thuggery because the Pens are skating circles around them. What a surprise.

24champ
01-20-2007, 10:04 PM

5 assists for Malkin.

Malkin >>>>>>>>>> Kopitar
Must be nice to play with Staal and Crosby...if only Kopitar had the same kind of talent to play with.

24champ
01-20-2007, 10:05 PM
The Leafs are resorting to thuggery because the Pens are skating circles around them. What a surprise.

Well thats what usually happens in the NHL when you blow a team out.Ha!

alkemical
01-21-2007, 11:00 AM
Must be nice to play with Staal and Crosby...if only Kopitar had the same kind of talent to play with.

Suck for long enough and you too can do this.

alkemical
01-21-2007, 11:09 AM
Score one for the goalie (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07021/755577-61.stm)

Sidney Crosby doesn't often get shown up by a goalie.

Or as a goalie.

Both happened after a practice last week, however, when Crosby borrowed Marc-Andre Fleury's glove, blocker and stick and faced breakaways from a few teammates.

One was Fleury, who scored in rather spectacular fashion, as he cruised down the slot, then executed a spin-a-rama as he approached the net and flipped a backhander behind Crosby.

"I wanted Sid to know what it feels like to get scored on," Fleury said, smiling broadly. "I just stuck it in his face."

The final indignity for Crosby: Fleury scored the goal while using Crosby's stick.

It wasn't all bad for Crosby, though. Fleury said it was apparent that Crosby has spent a little time in goal, if only while playing street hockey.

"He has some decent technique," Fleury said. "You can see he's worked on it."

Fleury, by the way, likes to play up front when competing in pickup games, although he acknowledged that he doesn't expect to supplant Crosby as the No. 1 center.

"That's a big step for me," he said.

By the same token, Crosby isn't likely to take over as the go-to goalie. Not immediately, at least.

"You never know with that guy," Fleury said. "But maybe not this year. Probably not."

alkemical
01-21-2007, 11:10 AM
Sidney Crosby: The Kid who walks softly but carries a big stick (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07021/755626-61.stm)

alkemical
01-24-2007, 12:44 PM
I was going to post the stories, but they have had alot of news since tuesday.

Some fluff pieces, some news on the arena (blah) - etc-

http://www.post-gazette.com/penguins/

SoCalBronco
01-26-2007, 11:59 PM
Flower stole that game for us tonight and was awesome in the shootout, which we almost never win.

Good to see Sid get 2 points as well. I'm not a fan of the Recchin Ball, but congrats to him on his 500th goal.

SoCalBronco
01-27-2007, 11:18 PM
Sweet goal by Sid tonight from the seat of his pants. He also has 2 assists tonight. It's going to be darn near impossible for him not to win the Art Ross unless he gets hurt again.

PIT 6 PHO 2 in the third.

EDIT: Sid gets another assist, 7-2 PIT. A four point night!

6 games over .500 for the first time in a LONG time, and 7th in the East and just 4 points back of Carolina for 6th with 4 games in hand on the Canes! !Booya!

EDIT AGAIN: Here's the Crosby goal:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y4o6M7zO4s4

24champ
01-28-2007, 03:38 AM
;)

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/1638/churchsignfi5.jpg

Rocket 7
01-28-2007, 05:08 AM
EDIT AGAIN: Here's the Crosby goal:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y4o6M7zO4s4

freakin awesome!

SoCalBronco
01-30-2007, 09:15 PM
The boys are looking flat out dominant right now...Flower has been outstanding in net tonight and even though he has only a point Crosby has been dominating, he had a beautiful pirohette (sp?) to elude defenders as he was racing into the offensive zone.

3-0 over Florida going into the third, which is great because we have always had a great deal of trouble against the Panthers.

This team has really looked extremely strong in the last two weeks, we have taken it to another level....20 minutes from being 7 games over .500.

alkemical
01-30-2007, 09:45 PM
I will now say it:

Beware the penguins.

SoCalBronco
02-01-2007, 10:34 PM
Was that a hell of a game tonight against Montreal or what?

Damn....what a game...I really wish I recorded that....dammit, that was just an electric atmosphere all game.

alkemical
02-01-2007, 11:07 PM
Oh i know socal i was out at the bar watching it.....

alkemical
02-01-2007, 11:24 PM
Official: City, Pens could announce deal by Friday (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2750628)

Updated: Feb. 1, 2007, 5:06 PM ET

A state senator on the board that would oversee a new arena in Pittsburgh says a deal to keep the Penguins in the Steel City could be announced by Friday.

Rendell: Arena offer revised, but deal not close yet (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07032/758616-61.stm)

Rendell: Arena offer revised, but deal not close yet

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Gov. Ed Rendell said today that state and local officials have revised their offer to the Penguins on a new arena but are not close to a deal to keep the team in Pittsburgh.

Mr. Rendell disputed a published report saying that a new arena deal could be announced today or tomorrow.

"The statements that this is close to a done deal -- that is not correct," he said. "We have given the Penguins a revised offer but in no way shape or form have they indicated it's over."

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review quoted state Sen. Wayne Fontana, a board member of the city-Allegheny County Sports & Exhibition Authority, which is involved in the negotiations, as saying an announcement could be made today or tomorrow.

The Penguins have declined comment on the talks.

alkemical
02-03-2007, 03:43 PM
pens got another shutout. malone has been playing quite well.

SoCalBronco
02-03-2007, 04:17 PM
pens got another shutout. malone has been playing quite well.

Yep, it was great to see the Flower get another shutout this morning against Washington and our D played Ovechkin really well, I don't think he had a shot all game which is a first for the year, as Steigy mentioned on the broadcast.

We are now like 8-0-1 in our last 9.....smokin! Within 2 points of Ottawa for 5th place in the conference and with a couple games in hand on them too.

http://nhl.speedera.net/image-upload/fleury_mark_194x210.jpg

STUD!

alkemical
02-03-2007, 04:19 PM
This is MAF's breakout year. I'm sure he'll do better on SO's when he has a bit more time under his belt as well.

SoCalBronco
02-06-2007, 10:06 PM
4-1 win over the league's best team tonight. The Flower dominates again.

2 more assists for Sid and Geno also had an outstanding night. 9-0-2 in our last 11. The Montreal game on Sunday didnt bother me that much, we still got a point, im not going to blame Sid for that turnover, sometimes that happens when you are trying to be creative. In any case, we rebounded great tonight! I thought it was pretty interesting that Coach Therrien had Staal playing with Crosby for a good portion of the game tonight, they havent played together much if at all this season before tonight.

alkemical
02-06-2007, 11:05 PM
4-1 win over the league's best team tonight. The Flower dominates again.

2 more assists for Sid and Geno also had an outstanding night. 9-1-1 in our last 11. The Montreal game on Sunday didnt bother me that much, we still got a point, im not going to blame Sid for that turnover, sometimes that happens when you are trying to be creative. In any case, we rebounded great tonight! I thought it was pretty interesting that Coach Therrien had Staal playing with Crosby for a good portion of the game tonight, they havent played together much if at all this season before tonight.

I wasn't sure how Fluery was going to pan out. However, that being said - IMO - he's just as important as #87.

Staal is the real deal.

Beware - the penguins.

SoCalBronco
02-07-2007, 02:48 AM
I wasn't sure how Fluery was going to pan out. However, that being said - IMO - he's just as important as #87.

Staal is the real deal.

Beware - the penguins.

Yep, the Flower is really playing out of his mind right now. Despite our organization doing its best to ruin him last year, he is still raping for us.

Right on re: Staal, Josh. Jordan continues to get better and better, he's starting to score more, which is nice to see after his game was all defense early on. Once he finishes filling out, he's going to be a bull.

5th in the East, baby!

alkemical
02-07-2007, 08:32 AM
I think this team may cause some damage come playoff time. Ott & Buff are the only teams that i can see in the east that could outright take a series from the pens.

SoCalBronco
02-08-2007, 01:45 AM
Hilarious.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e40/tomayara/fivehole.jpg

alkemical
02-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Staal defies odds, gets career off to fast start (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07039/760356-61.stm)

Penguins Notebook: Flyers pose new set of challenges (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07039/760355-61.stm)

SoCalBronco
02-08-2007, 10:00 PM
That was a pretty ugly win, but ill take it. The Flower was really the only one who came to play today and saved our asses repeatedly. Glad that Crosby saved his best for last. Man, I was so worried when that Flyer (i think it was Richards) collided into Flower in the 3rd, that looked bad, but he was alright.

We keep movin on up! We'll be 4th in the East if Ottawa can maintain its two goal lead over Montreal with 4 mins left.

alkemical
02-08-2007, 10:58 PM
A win is a win.

SoCalBronco
02-10-2007, 09:59 PM
STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

Now Don Cherry is going to cum all over him.....again.

That game turned to **** about halfway through the second period...Flower really struggled...but Jordan was outstanding tonight with this hat trick as well as Malkin. Sid only with a point but a sweet pass to Malkin and a few other scoring chances he created. Glad to see MT put EC on his line and take Malone off, he was totally dragging the top line down.

I'll take the win.

SoCalBronco
02-12-2007, 11:01 PM
Growing up in net
Fleury paid price on the way to realizing his potential
Posted: Monday February 12, 2007 3:56PM; Updated: Monday February 12, 2007 3:56PM

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/darren_eliot/02/12/fleury.emerges/tx.fleury.jpg

After briefly losing his starting status, Fleury has blossomed into the dependable goalie the Penguins envisioned.
Bruce Bennett/Getty Images

The adage is that every team needs dependable goaltending to win. The Penguins knew that when they drafted Marc-Andre Fleury first overall in 2003. The problem was that they needed goaltending immediately and the 18-year old Fleury wasn't ready to handle the responsibility at the NHL level. The urge to get Fleury in goal against the backdrop of business realities -- contract status and bonus clauses -- further muddied any clear-cut development track for the young prodigy.

Then there was the matter of winning. Or should I say the lack thereof. Trying to learn what it takes, both physically and mentally, to play the bulk of the games in the NHL as a number one netminder is a difficult process. Hoping to have it all come together in an environment of uncertainty marked by mounting losses is nearly impossible. Doubt creeps in, raising questions as to promise seen and potential possibly going unrealized.

Well, in a season in which the Penguins have taken the league by storm, Fleury, just 22 years old now, is silencing any doubters one shooter at a time.

Fleury is melding his physical gifts with the mental focus required to play consistently at the top level. I saw him play as an 18-year old and I thought at the time that he had the quickest legs I'd ever seen. His lightning-quick reactions on pad saves while in his butterfly position were eye-catching. Yet, for all the acrobatics and scintillating saves, he had a tendency to over-commit, give up juicy rebounds and lose positioning for second shot situations.

And there was the losing. For Fleury, it was play great and still lose; play average and lose lopsidedly. That took its toll mentally, and even during the lockout season when Fleury played exclusively in the AHL -- no more shuttling up and down from the big club to junior or the minors -- stability didn't translate to out-and-out domination. His numbers were fine, but the season ended with him struggling in the AHL playoffs and eventually losing his starter status.

Last season was more upheaval with the Penguins making an early season coaching change and Fleury battling bouts of inconsistency. Once the team brought him up from the AHL, where he dominated the early going, he had more good nights than bad and was in goal for 13 of the team's meager 22 wins. The signs were there that Fleury was developing his skills at the NHL level. He was maturing physically, more willing to trust his technique and let the game come to him.

This season began with Fleury playing brilliantly right out of training camp -- just as he had last season in the AHL. The difference being that he'd replicated his success at the highest level. Now, surrounded by a cast of world-class youngsters led by Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin and Jordan Staal, the precocious Pens were a fun story for October, but the unspoken perception was that Fleury and his mates were too young to keep it up over the course of a long season.

Well, don't look now, but the Penguins are the hottest team in the NHL over the past three weeks -- going 11-0-2 and catapulting past Eastern Conference adversaries all the way to the fourth spot. Much of the focus is on Crosby and company, but Crosby himself points to the play of Fleury as the main reason for the team's success saying, "he has been unbelievable for us."

And that may be the most accurate gauge of Fleury's ascent, because players know. They sense a goaltender's dependability and Fleury has given his team a chance to compete since the season started. Now, the confidence flows both ways, and the losing of last season has turned to winning.

In talking to Fleury earlier this season, he spoke of working out and getting stronger to prepare for the season. He told me that the biggest element for him to work on was his patience. He was referring to positioning for puck-stopping and not the development process that got him to this point -- one ironically marred by impatience. Yet, even though the path Fleury endured was hardly ideal for a young goaltender, he is emerging as a top netminder, just as the Penguins had envisioned.

Winning, of course, is the ultimate payoff.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/darren_eliot/02/12/fleury.emerges/index.html

SoCalBronco
02-14-2007, 09:56 PM
Where's the ****ing makeup call? We're waiting...lets have it. You owe us, stupid refs.

alkemical
02-14-2007, 09:59 PM
i got snowed in and am not able to watch it where i'm at (flyers country)

SoCalBronco
02-14-2007, 10:01 PM
i got snowed in and am not able to watch it where i'm at (flyers country)

The refs allowed the Blackhawks to have 6 on the ice leading to their goal, in fact the 6th guy who jumped on at the last second scored the goal and the refs did nothing about it.

Malkin scored a bit later to tie it at 4-4. Heading to OT.

SoCalBronco
02-14-2007, 10:02 PM
Flower just saved our asses, stealing the game winner away from Havlat.

alkemical
02-14-2007, 10:04 PM
thanks man!

SoCalBronco
02-14-2007, 10:06 PM
We're not playing very well in OT right now, come on guys.

SoCalBronco
02-14-2007, 10:08 PM
****..that was so close, great effort Sid, man he is working so hard, but isnt getting any breaks.

Time for the shootout.

alkemical
02-14-2007, 10:09 PM
I can kinda tell via the espn scoreboard.

SoCalBronco
02-14-2007, 10:12 PM
EC is up first. He scores.

Chicago is now up.

SoCalBronco
Flower with a big save on Havlat.

SoCalBronco
Crosby...save by the Bulin Wall.

SoCalBronco
02-14-2007, 10:13 PM
Flower with the save on Smolinski.

Pens can end it here with Malkin.

SoCalBronco
02-14-2007, 10:13 PM
Geno scores....Penguins win the shootout.....PIT 5, CHI 4, final.

alkemical
02-14-2007, 10:25 PM
whoohooo

SoCalBronco
02-15-2007, 01:16 AM
whoohooo

12-0-2 in our last 14!

:strong:

alkemical
02-15-2007, 08:58 AM
I know, i know!

This team is growing up fast.

SoCalBronco
02-16-2007, 10:07 PM
Now up to 13-0-2 in our last 15.

Boy was that a finish that took a few years off my life. Good Lord, had to sweat it out the final ten minutes after that really soft goal that Flower gave up....it was even worse than soft really, just inexcusable. But he's bailed the team out numerous times this year, so im glad they finally helped him out for once. Nice night for Sid, finally snapped his 8 or 9 game goalless streak, and threw in an assist too. Jarkko Ruutu with a really strong night.

I am still very disturbed by our failure to hold leads, this has happened numerous times during our streak, we end up ok at the end, but we really have to sweat it out when we shouldnt have to. Anyway, I'll take it, anytime you can put in 5 goals past Brodeur and win at New Jersey, its a great thing.

alkemical
02-17-2007, 12:45 AM
it's going to kill us in the playoffs. We need at least one more eaton type.

Bronx33
02-17-2007, 03:13 PM
Heres one for the female pen fans...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/JesGolbez/crosby_gq.jpg

SoCalBronco
02-18-2007, 06:38 PM
Another win today vs. Herc's Caps, 3-2, but we really played like crap...again. Honestly I dont see how we are 14-0-2 in our last 16 because they aren't looking dominant or anything. The Caps did a nice job of playing gritty today and were outplaying us for a good bit of the game. We gotta kick the intensity up a notch. Nice game by Thibault in net.

alkemical
02-18-2007, 11:41 PM
yeah it was a tough game - but they stick in to win.

I'll take it.

SoCalBronco
02-19-2007, 01:50 PM
One period done in Long Island, 2-1 Pens...Sid with 2 assists already. I hope he can add a couple more points to really put some distance between himself and LaCavalier. Right now he is up by 13 with a game in hand after this game.

SoCalBronco
02-19-2007, 02:06 PM
That's inconclusive, that wont be a goal...dammit. That would have been another assist for Sid. Just cant see the puck under there.

EDIT: Its a goal...sweet. 3 assists for Sidney so far. I'm getting greedy now, I want a 5 point game. :)

SoCalBronco
02-19-2007, 02:12 PM
Very sloppy play. Just get it out Scuderi...good grief they are changing. Flower not having a good evening. Simon scores.

3-2.

SoCalBronco
02-19-2007, 02:13 PM
Holy ****, Blake just got one too, more sloppiness, 3-3, 2 goals in like 15 seconds. ****ing wake up.

SoCalBronco
02-19-2007, 02:18 PM
The Isles are really taking it to us this period.

alkemical
02-19-2007, 02:19 PM
it's frustrating sometimes watching a young team.

SoCalBronco
02-19-2007, 02:25 PM
Just take Fleury out. He's seriously having a horrible game. That was a terrible rebound. Get Thibault back in there, I dont care that he played yesterday.

4-3

alkemical
02-19-2007, 02:27 PM
That's the one knock on fluery. I think they rode him alot and he's spacing out sometimes.

I actually picked us to lose this game since i figured we were due.

SoCalBronco
02-19-2007, 02:31 PM
That's the one knock on fluery. I think they rode him alot and he's spacing out sometimes.

I actually picked us to lose this game since i figured we were due.

Haha...we were due a long time ago, I cant believe we have gone 14-0-2 in our last 16, a loss wont kill me. :) Anyway, we are only down by a goal with more than a period to go. I feel pretty confident about our offense generating at least one more goal in this game, we'll see if our D and Flower can step up.

SoCalBronco
02-19-2007, 02:40 PM
MT putting Malkin and Crosby back together to get a spark going.

SoCalBronco
02-19-2007, 02:44 PM
4-4 on the 5 on 3, Recchi nailing home the rebound, I think it hit off Staal too before it got to DiPietro.

alkemical
02-19-2007, 02:53 PM
Haha...we were due a long time ago, I cant believe we have gone 14-0-2 in our last 16, a loss wont kill me. :) Anyway, we are only down by a goal with more than a period to go. I feel pretty confident about our offense generating at least one more goal in this game, we'll see if our D and Flower can step up.

Me either. :)

Yeah this team is fun to watch because they can get themselves out of a jam. However, that's the weakness. But hell, this team can't be overhauled overnight. We have a lot of the young guys stepping up.

Brooks has been playing well as of late (last few games i had seen). Whitney is really getting better. Sometimes it's hard to be patient, alot of these guys are like 23-25.

Like i said we need another eaton type and two solid wingers (either one develops, or we get some),

SoCalBronco
02-19-2007, 03:05 PM
Your boy Ryan Malone with the hat trick, Josh. He did a nice job of outhustling the defender in front of the net to get the rebound on the Crosby shot.

5-4 PIT. 4 assists for Sid.

SoCalBronco
02-19-2007, 03:07 PM
Simon strikes back just as he did earlier in the game. 5-5.

Fleury really is having a poor night.

alkemical
02-19-2007, 03:07 PM
Your boy Ryan Malone with the hat trick, Josh. He did a nice job of outhustling the defender in front of the net to get the rebound on the Crosby shot.

5-4 PIT. 4 assists for Sid.

I like malone, but he frustrates me worse than just about any player on the pens.

He's got talent to be a 25g scorer every year. With at least 5 of those being GW's. I don't nec. want him traded - just because he has clutch moments. But there are times when i'd like to throw shiate at him.

SoCalBronco
02-19-2007, 03:10 PM
Islander penalty, took down Malkin.

Come on PP. Make it 6-5!

SoCalBronco
02-19-2007, 03:36 PM
There goes the streak....with 27 seconds left damn and Sid had almost scored on the other end.

Flower really was terrible today.

alkemical
02-19-2007, 03:38 PM
blah

Bronx33
02-21-2007, 08:21 PM
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/pit070221.html

Penguins GM Ray Shero told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review if there's a trade that makes sense, he's willing to pull the trigger.

Before leaving for the three-day GM meetings that continue today in Naples, FL., Shero met with his coaches and scouting staff to put together a trade deadline game-plan.

"We met as a group and went through it again as to where we were, what we thought could help our team, what we thought about our chemistry and what we're trying to accomplish with this group," Shero told the paper.

"I've talked to plenty of teams, that's the job, and if it makes sense for us we'll look to do something."

According to the Tribune-Review, the Pens are looking at Chicago Blackhawks center Bryan Smolinski, who is also attracting interest from such teams as Montreal and Vancouver, and St. Louis Blues winger Bill Guerin, a hot commodity as the deadline nears.

The Penguins are also in the market for an upgrade on the blueline, and while the team is supposedly eyeing Los Angeles Kings rearguard Aaron Miller, the Tribune-Review claims the Pens have an interest in Canadiens defenseman Craig Rivet.

SoCalBronco
02-21-2007, 11:04 PM
Flower benched by Coach Therrien...Thibault gets the start tomorrow night against Florida.

Clockwork Orange
02-23-2007, 03:38 AM
Rumor has it that the Pens & Coyotes have a deal in the works that would send Georges Laraque to Pittsburgh (no word on what would go the other way). That'd be a great move for the Pens, they get a legit enforcer to protect their franchise players and they get one who can actually play a little bit.

I've always liked Laraque from his Edmonton days, I hope you guys land him.

Bronx33
02-23-2007, 06:34 PM
Rumor has it that the Pens & Coyotes have a deal in the works that would send Georges Laraque to Pittsburgh (no word on what would go the other way). That'd be a great move for the Pens, they get a legit enforcer to protect their franchise players and they get one who can actually play a little bit.

I've always liked Laraque from his Edmonton days, I hope you guys land him.

Georges makes sense skippy needs somebody as a deterent thats for sure hes being beat on big time.

alkemical
02-27-2007, 08:58 AM
Roberts, Penguins have mutual interest
Panthers winger might waive no-trade clause (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07058/765247-61.stm)

alkemical
02-27-2007, 10:50 PM
They got roberts & laroque

Al Wilson
02-28-2007, 02:04 AM
Like Laroque. Roberts is done. Didn't improve your defense, but nice pickup on Nolan Schaefer.

alkemical
02-28-2007, 08:42 AM
Roberts will help with some grit and vetran influence for the playoffs..

I like Laroque's trade as well.

You can't go wrong picking up a sharks goalie it seems... ;)

Bronx33
03-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Sorry if this was already posted iam too lazy to look...

Sidney Crosby of the Pittsburgh Penguins became the youngest player in NHL history to reach the 200-point plateau Friday night.
Crosby recorded his 200th career point with a goal in the Penguins’ game versus the Carolina Hurricanes. Crosby achieved the milestone at the age of 19 years, 207 days, breaking the mark set by Wayne Gretzky in the 1980-81 season.

alkemical
03-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Rendell says arena deal close but could unravel (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07062/766578-61.stm)

aturday, March 03, 2007

Gov. Ed Rendell said yesterday that state and local officials were "very close" to an agreement with the Penguins on a new arena, but tempered his optimism with a warning that the deal could still unravel and the team could end up in Kansas City.

Bronx33
03-03-2007, 09:14 PM
Rendell says arena deal close but could unravel (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07062/766578-61.stm)

aturday, March 03, 2007

Gov. Ed Rendell said yesterday that state and local officials were "very close" to an agreement with the Penguins on a new arena, but tempered his optimism with a warning that the deal could still unravel and the team could end up in Kansas City.

NHL hockey in KC makes me sick to my stomach (if it were to happen) but please for the love of god don't **** this up mario..

alkemical
03-04-2007, 03:38 PM
a sweep of the flyers... now that's a good day.

Bronx33
03-05-2007, 05:35 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2788701

PITTSBURGH -- The Penguins moved a step closer to leaving Pittsburgh, declaring on Monday an impasse in their new arena negotiations with state and local leaders and saying they will actively pursue relocation.

The breakdown in arena talks came only three days after Gov. Ed Rendell said he felt an agreement was close. It also increases the possibility the Penguins will be playing in Kansas City next season.

"We have made a single-minded effort to bring this new arena to a successful conclusion and keep the team in Pittsburgh," owners Mario Lemieux and Ron Burkle said in a letter to Rendell and local government officials. "... Our good-faith efforts have not produced a deal, however, and have only added more anxiety to what we thought at best was a risky proposition for us moving forward."

In the letter, Lemieux and Burkle put the blame for the impasse on government officials, arguing they agreed to pay $120 million over 30 years to help build a $290 million arena and cover construction cost overruns, yet still have not reached a deal.

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman became involved in the talks several weeks ago, but also has been unable to finalize an agreement.

"We can do no more," Lemieux, the longtime Penguins star, and Burkle said in the letter.

The Penguins had an agreement with Isle of Capri Casinos to build the arena at no expense to the team or taxpayers in exchange for a license to build a Pittsburgh slots casino, but a state board in December chose a competing bid.

On Jan. 4, the team, state, city and Allegheny County began negotiating an alternate arena funding plan. At the time, government officials were asking for the team to contribute about $4.1 million per year but suggested they were willing to come down.

However, the amount being sought from the team has changed little, according to the Penguins' calculations.

Kansas City has offered its nearly completed Sprint Center to the Penguins rent-free. The Penguins would also gain revenue from development projects around the arena.

However, the Penguins would be leaving one of the NHL's strongest U.S. markets for a smaller one that lost an NHL team in 1976 after only two seasons because of lack of support. The Penguins' home attendance and local TV ratings are among the strongest of the 24 United States-based franchises.

When Lemieux's group bought the team in federal bankruptcy court in 1999, the Hall of Fame player said he did so to ensure the team's existence in Pittsburgh.

The Penguins' hardball negotiating stance comes with the team contending for a playoff spot for the first time in six years. A youthful team led by NHL scoring leader Sidney Crosby and rookies Evgeni Malkin and Jordan Staal has become one of the league's prime attendance draws.

At home, the Penguins are playing to nearly 96 percent of arena capacity for the season. All of their remaining nine home games are expected to attract standing-room-only crowds.

The Penguins also have begun selling season tickets for the 2007-08 season in Pittsburgh, even though they have not agreed to play there another season.

"They're tough negotiators," Rendell said.

alkemical
03-05-2007, 09:38 PM
**** everyone

SoCalBronco
03-06-2007, 12:30 AM
**** everyone

Don't worry Josh, we are just trying to squeeze the last bit out of Rendell and Co. It is widely reported that we are close on financial terms, there is agreement on rent, agreement on the development rights issue and now the cost overrun issue with the bonds has been agreed to, although the interest on the bonds are still a little bit of a problem. We are almost there. We are just trying to shake these guys up to sweeten it up a little more. They arent going anywhere. In fact, there was supposed to be a conference call tonight between the LG, Rendell, Onorato, Ravenstahl and Bettman to try and work at these things.

Everything will be fine.

alkemical
03-06-2007, 08:38 AM
Don't worry Josh, we are just trying to squeeze the last bit out of Rendell and Co. It is widely reported that we are close on financial terms, there is agreement on rent, agreement on the development rights issue and now the cost overrun issue with the bonds has been agreed to, although the interest on the bonds are still a little bit of a problem. We are almost there. We are just trying to shake these guys up to sweeten it up a little more. They arent going anywhere. In fact, there was supposed to be a conference call tonight between the LG, Rendell, Onorato, Ravenstahl and Bettman to try and work at these things.

Everything will be fine.

Yeah but Pens ownership has done some questionable things as well.

KCbroncos
03-06-2007, 04:23 PM
Hope the KC deal goes through so I can watch Mr. Crosby and the other young studs on this team. What can I expect regarding ticket prices? How much is the average Avs tickets?

alkemical
03-06-2007, 04:29 PM
shut up

SoCalBronco
03-06-2007, 09:03 PM
Hope the KC deal goes through so I can watch Mr. Crosby and the other young studs on this team. What can I expect regarding ticket prices? How much is the average Avs tickets?

Get lost. The team is going nowhere and the KC fanbase is the last fan base that deserves them anyway. Kansas City can go **** itself.

alkemical
03-07-2007, 09:24 AM
Dude, i'd trade malkin for a good young top D - he's soft IMO.

I'd build around Sid, Fluery & Staal

chadta
03-07-2007, 02:24 PM
ya know for me, i want pittsburgh to move just because they have had far to long to straighten this **** out, the jets and nordiques had 3 years and then got moved, this has been ongoing for what 12 or 13 years now, if it was a canadian team they would have been moved long ago, If they hadnt gotten so lucky with top draft picks for the last 6 years nobody would give a rats ass about them moving, but now they have some of the best players in the game and all of a sudden they have fans, where were these fans 3 years ago when the penguins put an ahl team on the ice cuz they had no money to pay anybody else ?

buffalo should be the next team to move, nobody in that god forsaken city could even tell you who the starting goalie was before ryan miller, id bet none of them even know of the french connection, but they sure love the sabres now.

Plus if the pens move to kc they wont kick the snot out of my flyers 8 times a year.
:wiggle:

alkemical
03-07-2007, 03:14 PM
ya know for me, i want pittsburgh to move just because they have had far to long to straighten this **** out, the jets and nordiques had 3 years and then got moved, this has been ongoing for what 12 or 13 years now, if it was a canadian team they would have been moved long ago, If they hadnt gotten so lucky with top draft picks for the last 6 years nobody would give a rats ass about them moving, but now they have some of the best players in the game and all of a sudden they have fans, where were these fans 3 years ago when the penguins put an ahl team on the ice cuz they had no money to pay anybody else ?

buffalo should be the next team to move, nobody in that god forsaken city could even tell you who the starting goalie was before ryan miller, id bet none of them even know of the french connection, but they sure love the sabres now.

Plus if the pens move to kc they wont kick the snot out of my flyers 8 times a year.
:wiggle:

ya when the was sad, they still had good attendence for the team they put on the ice. Know your **** before you fling it.

Oh yeah - 8-0 pens.

chadta
03-07-2007, 03:35 PM
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o234/pens_bucket/MOVR.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e66/NHLfan88/kcpens.jpg

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o234/pens_bucket/iceburgh.jpg

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/images/uploads/kcba.gif

ZachKC
03-08-2007, 02:39 AM
Penguins won't be coming to Houston
Kansas City apparently sweetens offer for NHL team, but Pittsburgh holds out hope

By DALE ROBERTSON
Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle

The on-again, off-again visit to Houston by the Pittsburgh Penguins' co-owners if off again -- apparently for good this time.

The Penguins' Mario Lemieux and Ron Burkle met in Los Angeles on Wednesday with representatives of Anschutz Entertainment Group, the company that will manage the new $262 million Sprint Center in Kansas City. In L.A., Lemieux and Burkle heard what they wanted to hear — desperation.

AEG, which is owned by Houston Dynamos owner Philip Anschutz, reportedly has enhanced its offer significantly in order to pry the NHL team out of Pittsburgh. So Lemieux and Burkle won't be detouring through Houston today as had been hoped.

"We can't compete with free rent," said Michael Moore, chief of staff for Mayor Bill White, speaking for the city and the Houston Sports Authority. "We're not going to get into a bidding war with (Kansas City)."

AEG's latest proposal was enough for Lemieux and Burkle to forget about Houston altogether and travel directly to Philadelphia, where they will huddle with Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell Thursday night for the first such face-to-face meeting since Jan. 18.

"They've decided not to come (to Houston)," said Tad Brown, the CEO of the Rockets' Clutch City Sports and Entertainment, which operates the Toyota Center. "We would have looked forward to sitting down and talking with the Penguins about the possibility of them playing in our building. But it sounds like Kansas City has offered them a really favorable deal.

"When the conversation starts with free rent ... you can't get much better than that. Kansas City is obviously being very aggressive. We hear they've really sweetened the pot."

Besides rent-free use of the Sprint Center, which already was on the table, AEG is said to have promosed the Penguins a substantially bigger share of the arena's revenues than the original 25 percent being proposed. The building, due to be finished by fall, still lacks an anchor tenant. The city lost its NBA and NHL teams years ago.

Chuck Ardo, a spokesperson for Rendell, said the state of Pennsylvania "has put an extremely attractive offer on the table" to construct a new Pittsburgh home for the Penguins to replace Mellon Arena, which dates to the early 1960s and is the oldest major league indoor venue in the country. And Rendell told the Associated Press: ``If (the Penguins) don't take it, we're going to be up in New York asking the NHL to bar them from moving.''

Although Brown sounded disappointed by Wednesday's developments, he insisted nothing has changed regarding Rockets owner Leslie Alexander's feelings toward bringing the NHL to Houston. It's known that Alexander, who controls the Toyota Center lease, would prefer to own an NHL team himself.

"If it's the right opportunity for the Toyota Center and the city of Houston, Mr. Alexander would be interested," Brown said. "That's a position he has always maintained. Nothing's changed. We just came to the table late (with the Penguins)."

dale.robertson@chron.com

SoCalBronco
03-08-2007, 02:42 AM
I don't think I could bear it if they went to KC, or anywhere for that matter.

We'll see what tomorrow brings. I still think the deal will be done...at tomorrow's meeting.

alkemical
03-08-2007, 08:43 AM
Rendell should tell mario that his (rendell's) "family" would be disappointed if they moved.... ;)

-Slap-
03-08-2007, 09:58 PM
The Penguins are trying to use Las Vegas to get KC to sweeten their offer. Its all balloon juice. There's no suitable facility for an NHL franchise in Vegas right now.

The problem is, Pittsburgh already has a lease they negotiated in the 60s and 100% of revenue. There's no way in hell KC can match that offer.

SoCalBronco
03-08-2007, 11:42 PM
Very good news tonight. Joint statement issued saying signficant progress is being made, both sides agree to meet again on Wednesday.

**** KC!

alkemical
03-09-2007, 08:36 AM
Damn that marty brodeur!

SoCalBronco
03-12-2007, 10:43 PM
Rob King of FSN Pittsburgh reports that an agreement has been reached and it may be announced as early as tomorrow before the PIT-BUF game.

So they may not wait till the Wednesday meeting. Nice.

alkemical
03-12-2007, 11:05 PM
For better or worse, eh.....

SoCalBronco
03-12-2007, 11:17 PM
For better or worse, eh.....

better or worse?

It's an arena agreement in the BURGH! They are staying!

KDKA radio is now confirming Rob King's report that a deal to stay in the Burgh has been reached, per LGP

This is great news. This is what we have been waiting for.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

alkemical
03-12-2007, 11:29 PM
better or worse?

KDKA radio is now confirming Rob King's report that a deal to stay in the Burgh has been reached, per LGP

SWEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going out to get a 6pack right now!

alkemical
03-12-2007, 11:41 PM
**** YOU KANSAS CITY (http://www.pittsburghsportsinsider.com/?p=513#more-513)

KCbroncos
03-13-2007, 01:31 PM
Congrats. Pitt definitely deserves to keep this team. Just hope KC doesn't end up with that worthless product known as the NBA, or worse yet WNBA.

SoCalBronco
03-13-2007, 10:44 PM
Well that was a pretty exciting game tonight...I was really going crazy when Buffalo tied it with 6 seconds left in regulation, but thankfully we were able to win yet another shootout.

Plus, Sid broke out of his slump with a goal and two assists tonight, taking his lead over LaCavalier up to 9 points, also with 2 games in hand, so that was nice to see.

alkemical
03-14-2007, 08:46 AM
I know - i enjoyed that game alot last night. I think this team starts getting better with the distraction done.

Bronx33
03-15-2007, 05:42 PM
better or worse?

A little info i found... ohhhhhh and **** you KC! YOU GUYS CAN DO ANYTHING RIGHT LMAO!

The Pittsburgh Penguins aren't going anywhere.

Following months of frustration, the Penguins have reached a deal with the State and local officials for construction of a new arena that will keep them in Pittsburgh under a new 30-year lease.

Gov. Ed Rendell confirmed the agreement on Tuesday at the Pennsylvania Gaming Congress.

A formal announcement will be made prior to the Penguins home game tonight against the Buffalo Sabres.

According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the Penguins will continue to play at Mellon Arena under a new short-term lease extension until their new arena, which will cost about $290 million, is ready for the 2009-2010 season.

Under terms of the deal, the majority of which were finalized over the weekend, the Pens will pay $3.8 million per year toward construction and will add another $400,000 per year for capital improvements.

Had the Penguins failed to reach an agreement with the State, Kansas City was expected to be their next destination.

Kansas City officials offered the Penguins a rent-free, state-of-the-art facility (Sprint Center) to play in, as well as half of the building revenues. The Penguins ownership group also traveled to Las Vegas, which is pursuing professional sports teams.

Bronx33
03-15-2007, 05:47 PM
Congrats. Pitt definitely deserves to keep this team. Just hope KC doesn't end up with that worthless product known as the NBA, or worse yet WNBA.

They will end up with another NHL team ill bet.

SoCalBronco
03-16-2007, 10:39 PM
How bout that highlight reel goal by Sid tonight in the first period, that was nice.

Another game, another win. Man this team is really playing at a high level right now, we might just catch NJ for the division title.

Rocket 7
03-16-2007, 10:51 PM
How bout that highlight reel goal by Sid tonight in the first period, that was nice.

Another game, another win. Man this team is really playing at a high level right now, we might just catch NJ for the division title.

Your mother ****in goddamn right

Go Pens

alkemical
03-16-2007, 11:04 PM
Yeeeehaaaw