PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning is awesome

Pages : [1] 2

Taco John
10-29-2006, 10:32 PM
When you get right down to it, he's the reason we lost today... Not our offense. Not our defense. Not our adjustments. Not our non-adjustments. Not a fumble, not a blown pass coverage.

It was Peyton Manning, who kept answering the challenge play after play. They've got a great offense and will definitely be a team contending late this year. My hat goes off to them, and to Peyton Manning, the closest thing to John Elway in the game today.

Rascal
10-29-2006, 10:34 PM
challenge?

Since when was playing toss with Wayne a challenge? Don't distract this...we lost because Coyer and the Defense didn't adjust and they were owned (especially the d-line and DW to a lesser extent IMO).

theAPAOps5
10-29-2006, 10:35 PM
Yeah watching all the highlights he managed the game and put his offense where they needed to be in order to make plays. Unfortunately he found a hole in Darrent and noone on Denver compensated for that. The guy was amazing today and we still almost one. You never accept a loss but damn our team played well itself today.

spdirty
10-29-2006, 10:35 PM
challenge?

Since when was playing toss with Wayne a challenge? Don't distract this...we lost because Coyer and the Defense didn't adjust and they were owned (especially the d-line and DW to a lesser extent IMO)...

...and Jake

Bob's your Information Minister
10-29-2006, 10:36 PM
He is a joy to watch. :)

dbfan4life
It's easy to answer tha challenge when being covered by Darrent all day. Nice game plan....it seems I've seen this before.

-Slap-
When you get right down to it, he's the reason we lost today... Not our offense. Not our defense. Not our adjustments. Not our non-adjustments. Not a fumble, not a blown pass coverage.

It was Peyton Manning, who kept answering the challenge play after play. They've got a great offense and will definitely be a team contending late this year. My hat goes off to them, and to Peyton Manning, the closest thing to John Elway in the game today.

The Marino comparisons, both style wise and achievement wise are more apt.

Rascal
We did not lose because of Jake. That's pure BS.

Pick Six
10-29-2006, 10:39 PM
You give anyone that amount of time along with the cushion to throw and they can pick apart the defense. Sage Rosenfels could have done a decent job. Our defense played scared all day and it was sickening...

theAPAOps5
What would be a joy to watch would be him against KC's wannabe Defence that would be truly amazing.

~Crash~

I bet NE would tell you that you are full of crap!:giggle:

ClevelandBronco
10-29-2006, 10:41 PM

Agreed.

spdirty
We did not lose because of Jake. That's pure BS.

I know, but given the mood around here with a bunch of threads and posts from the "experts" whom I wonder if they even watched the game, I couldnt resist.;D Jake played his ass off today.

I can't blame a certain player or coordinator for this one. We had em where we wanted em, and a couple slips cost us.

Taco John

You're probably right, stylewise. But I'm talking field presence, which I think Elway had over Marino in spades. I think Peyton beats everyone in the league there, and most players throughout history.

We're watching a hall of famer in action here. I don't think enough people keep that in perspective when they watch the guy play ball.

-Slap-
10-29-2006, 10:45 PM
We watch Hall of Famers every week, in practically every game.

I think you're suffering some post traumatic shock syndrome. Pop in a tape of him against New England, or any 3-4 defense who commits to punching him in the mouth, and he looks a lot more human.

spdirty
10-29-2006, 10:45 PM
You're probably right, stylewise. But I'm talking field presence, which I think Elway had over Marino in spades. I think Peyton beats everyone in the league there, and most players throughout history.

We're watching a hall of famer in action here. I don't think enough people keep that in perspective when they watch the guy play ball.

I think he is the best quarterback in the league without a doubt. Better than Marsha in fact. But he will never win a super bowl as long as him, Wayne, and Harrison are taking up all that cap space. No way a rushing defense that bad will have a prayer at winning the bowl.

Taco John
10-29-2006, 10:46 PM
One thing is certain. You have to get to Peyton Manning. If you don't, he'll be the one doing the punching.

B-Love
10-29-2006, 10:47 PM

Absolutely, right on.

I know he's had some mediocre playoff games but this guy is unreal. I know he was not pressured at all, but to negotiate a team in that crowd noise is unreal.

spdirty

I think you're suffering some post traumatic shock syndrome. Pop in a tape of him against New England, or any 3-4 defense who commits to punching him in the mouth, and he looks a lot more human.

So you think we should get rid of Coyer and bring back Wade next year?

BroncoFanCam
challenge?

Since when was playing toss with Wayne a challenge? Don't distract this...we lost because Coyer and the Defense didn't adjust and they were owned (especially the d-line and DW to a lesser extent IMO).

This is right on the money...

We lost, yes because Peyton is the best in the business. But how did he beat us?

He found the weakest link in our defense, and teamed with an abover average WR, he exploited the crap out of it.

When that started happening it is our D's responsibility to make adjustemnts, give Darrent some help, and stop the bleeding.

It was obvious he wasn't up to the task, why we left him all by himself for teh entire second half is beyond me. We should have done something to stop that.

theAPAOps5
10-29-2006, 10:48 PM
One thing is certain. You have to get to Peyton Manning. If you don't, he'll be the one doing the punching.

Peyton doesn't punch. No sir, what he does is do that Indiana Jones Temple of Doom thing where the voodoo guy rips out your heart with his fingers. Thats what Manning does if you let him.

spdirty
10-29-2006, 10:49 PM
How much Darrent Williams film do you guys think Peyton watched this past week?

GonzoLays
10-29-2006, 10:49 PM
Like I have said all along, there is no reason to hate Peyton Manning. The man is unfreaking real. When we tied the game at 31, you knew he was going to march that team right down the field.

But also, you have to give up for his offensive line. He had a pocket to throw the ball from all game long. I don't know if we even touched him in the last three quarters and he threw the ball 30 something times! Amazing.

If we were able to put some pressure on Manning, we could have made him look like most qbs that play us -- befuddled. But come on, he had upwards of 8 seconds sometimes to throw the ball. Plummer on the other hand has to scramble for his life everytime he drops back. Its just a fact.

I still can't believe Mediator12 says that Plummer has as much time to pass as Manning. That is a complete joke. Everybody saw the game today. The game was won in the trenches and Manning's O'line owned all game long. Without that offensive line, Manning isn't as half as good as he is. When you allow QBs to sit back and scan the field while eating a sandwhich, 90% of the guys in this league are going to kill you. Manning missed like 6 passes out of 40 attempts. GOOD GAWD!!!

theAPAOps5
10-29-2006, 10:51 PM

They guys watches film like no other. I am sure he knew everything that could be known about the D thats what gives him the edge. i bet given the opportunity he would use some sort of technology that allows him to disect film subconsciously while slepping.

spdirty
10-29-2006, 10:54 PM
They guys watches film like no other. I am sure he knew everything that could be known about the D thats what gives him the edge. i bet given the opportunity he would use some sort of technology that allows him to disect film subconsciously while slepping.

yep. Guy probably works Mike Shanahan hours studying film.

Killericon
10-29-2006, 10:55 PM
Truth...But it was too heart-breaking to just say "We were out-played".

B-Love
10-29-2006, 10:56 PM

You're right Slap; until he wins, ...... you're right. But you also overstate it I believe.

You and I have seen them all post merger, and this guy is right up there in the top 5 QB's I've ever seen.

You are right though, about the 3-4 stuff, for now. But I think that changes this year.

I think he wins it all this year. I didn't feel that way in prior years but I do this year; especially after today. I really do believe, barring injury, Peyton hoists the trophy this year.

This guy is special; real special.

Pezman
10-29-2006, 10:56 PM
The same argument could be made for all the elite players in the league this season. You have to stop Larry Johnson from running the ball. You have to eliminate Brian Urlacher from the play, You have to cover Steve Smith man to man, and you must find a way to keep the ball out of Peyton Manning's hands. These are simple rules.

The props he receives are well deserved, but its not like we did not know that he would be the main factor in the game. Going in a zone defense against him only works when you can create pressure on him. Let him sit back and pick apart your weaknesses in the defense and of course you wont be able to stop him. All great players find a way to keep their teams on top. This guy is one of the all-timers no doubt. Its a shame we couldnt find a more effective way of stopping him.

-Slap-
10-29-2006, 10:57 PM
So you think we should get rid of Coyer and bring back Wade next year?

No. I don't even like the 3-4, but you can show multiple fronts out of it and blitz out of it easily and that's the defense that gives Peyton Manning trouble.

Peyton is like a highly tuned robot. If you don't disrupt his programming, he'll perform with almost machinelike precision. Unfortunately, just like a piece of sophisticated machinery, he will malfunction if you put him under too much stress.

Comparing a guy who's been in the League nine years without any playoff success to speak of to John Elway really doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I have a hard time comparing him to Marino from that standpoint. Marino did more with less talented teammates, that's for sure.

ZachKC
10-29-2006, 10:58 PM
What would be a joy to watch would be him against KC's wannabe Defence that would be truly amazing.

That would be a challenge no doubt. We can't face Denver's offense every weekend.

Taco John
10-29-2006, 11:00 PM
No. I don't even like the 3-4, but you can show multiple fronts out of it and blitz out of it easily and that's the defense that gives Peyton Manning trouble.

Peyton is like a highly tuned robot. If you don't disrupt his programming, he'll perform with almost machinelike precision. Unfortunately, just like a piece of sophisticated machinery, he will malfunction if you put him under too much stress.

Comparing a guy who's been in the League nine years without any playoff success to speak of to John Elway really doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I have a hard time comparing him to Marino from that standpoint. Marino did more with less talented teammates, that's for sure.

I'm just talking field presence. That's it. Not styles. Not records. Not championships. Just the way a team feels in the 4th quarter of a close game with Peyton Manning on the other sideline.

SoCalBronco
If Peyton and the Colts get to the Super Bowl, I think Chicago's Defense, with a front four that can get pressure, will take him down. I can't see Chicago blowing it in the playoffs again. They'll be there ready to take him on and frustrate him.

ZachKC
I was impressed. I have always thought he was an elite QB but the work done today? I think he could be one of the best when all is said and done. Who knows, maybe he goes Marino style but I doubt it.

I came away very impressed with the offensive execution as a whole. They use their lineman very well...those guys have great quickness and footwork...the way some of those plays unfold is a thing a beauty.

How bad is that Indy Colts defense though. Damn.

spdirty
10-29-2006, 11:01 PM

And Ive said it I dont know how many times. Manning will not win a super bowl with this defense, even though I still think he is the best quarterback in the league.

I think John Elway made league minimum during our SB years.

spdirty
10-29-2006, 11:02 PM
If Peyton and the Colts get to the Super Bowl, I think Chicago's Defense, with a front four that can get pressure, will take him down. I can't see Chicago blowing it in the playoffs again. They'll be there ready to take him on and frustrate him.

Yep. Meanwhile Thomas Jones will run all over them. I dont think they're going to the super bowl though.

~Crash~
10-29-2006, 11:04 PM

We lost, yes because Peyton is the best in the business. But how did he beat us?

He found the weakest link in our defense, and teamed with an abover average WR, he exploited the crap out of it.

When that started happening it is our D's responsibility to make adjustemnts, give Darrent some help, and stop the bleeding.

It was obvious he wasn't up to the task, why we left him all by himself for teh entire second half is beyond me. We should have done something to stop that.

this might sound strange but I blame this lose on Al Wilson ! he never seems to be in the right place in Passing situations. why is that ?

Blart
10-29-2006, 11:06 PM
Manning VS Elway:

Elway never blamed his teammates.

If the o-line was playing poorly, Elway made it work anyway. He scrambled, dodged, ran right and threw left.

Manning is an elite QB, but the guy NEEDS a good offensive line - or one that can take blame.

10-29-2006, 11:08 PM

The last time we played Peyton Manning our defense was among the league's worst.

AND WE WON.

ZachKC
10-29-2006, 11:08 PM
Elway didn't need a good O-line?

What is this trend? Its like the only way some people think a player can prove elite status is if everyone else around them is total ****.

Taco John
10-29-2006, 11:09 PM

Look here, SoCal. If you want to crown their asses, then CROWN THEIR ASS!

-Slap-
10-29-2006, 11:09 PM
I'm just talking field presence. That's it. Not styles. Not records. Not championships. Just the way a team feels in the 4th quarter of a close game with Peyton Manning on the other sideline.

I'm sure his teammates gain a lot of confidence from playing with a guy who's that well prepared and efficient, too. I also think its a major boost psychologically when you feel like the best player on the field is on your side. Manning and Bailey were the two HOF locks on the field today, but QBs have so much more opportunity to impact a game.

ZachKC
10-29-2006, 11:10 PM
We knew what they were.

Taco John
10-29-2006, 11:10 PM
The last time we played Peyton Manning our defense was among the league's worst.

AND WE WON.

How'd you do the time before that?

Blart
10-29-2006, 11:13 PM
What is this trend? Its like the only way some people think a player can prove elite status is if everyone else around them is total ****.

I'm trying to be a good messageboard troll here. Let's just say Elway had some problems in protection.

BigPlayShay
10-29-2006, 11:13 PM

AND WE WON.

You get any trophies or T-shirts for that win?

Blart
10-29-2006, 11:19 PM

Good point, we're all quick to try and find the Bronco's weak link, but that was a hell of a game by a QB we'll be telling our kids about.

10-29-2006, 11:19 PM
How'd you do the time before that?

Why does it matter? Come talk to me when you can beat the guy.

theAPAOps5
10-29-2006, 11:20 PM
That would be a challenge no doubt. We can't face Denver's offense every weekend.

yeah our offense sucked so bad and you can't face it every week. But wait what did I just remember, oh yeah we have a crap offense and still beat your defense. You guys will always build on moral victories and that is why you will always finish just short.

ZachKC
10-29-2006, 11:23 PM
yeah our offense sucked so bad and you can't face it every week. But wait what did I just remember, oh yeah we have a crap offense and still beat your defense. You guys will always build on moral victories and that is why you will always finish just short.

What can I say, I have a little perspective. I know what happens in Invesco...its hard to win in the NFL on the road unless you are the Colts.

I also know what happens in Arrowhead.

theAPAOps5
10-29-2006, 11:23 PM

Yeah and come talk when your team actually looks good in reality rather than on paper. When did you guys last win a superbowl?

ZachKC
10-29-2006, 11:24 PM
yeah our offense couldn't get into the endzone in our own house because of the Chiefs defense.

Got your post fixed.

theAPAOps5
10-29-2006, 11:27 PM
What can I say, I have a little perspective. I know what happens in Invesco...its hard to win in the NFL on the road unless you are the Colts.

I also know what happens in Arrowhead.

You have perspective! You talk like your Defense won you a game here. Again I go back to moral victories, losers always look for those.

10-29-2006, 11:27 PM
Yeah and come talk when your team actually looks good in reality rather than on paper. When did you guys last win a superbowl?

Reality is winning 4 of your last 5 games. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

theAPAOps5
10-29-2006, 11:28 PM
Got your post fixed.

Still not making your case. We still won that game. Oh and where was Larry Johnson that game, oh thats right out of the endzone. Moral victories are for losers.

ZachKC
10-29-2006, 11:28 PM
You have perspective! You talk like your Defense won you a game here. Again I go back to moral victories, losers always look for those.

I don't act like that at all. I know what happened in Denver...I realize it is hard to win a game in the NFL.

And this is where the perspective comes in.

I know what happens in Arrowhead.

BigPlayShay
10-29-2006, 11:31 PM

KC
1999 L
2000 L
2001 L
2003 L - Playoff
2004 W

Denver
2001 L
2002 L
2003 W
2003 L - Playoff
2004 W - Manning plays one series, doesn't really count
2004 L - Playoff

Pwned. STFU

theAPAOps5
Reality is winning 4 of your last 5 games. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Yeah and you still won't make the playoffs. Come on man you KC fans are weak. Oh and we have won 5 of our last 6 your point?

I wonder what will happen in a night game. I can only imagine the carnage.

10-29-2006, 11:32 PM
Yeah and you still won't make the playoffs. Come on man you KC fans are weak. Oh and we have won 5 of our last 6 your point?

I was talking about KC. We're looking pretty good right about now. We control our destiny and that is all you can ask for.

theAPAOps5
10-29-2006, 11:33 PM
I don't act like that at all. I know what happened in Denver...I realize it is hard to win a game in the NFL.

And this is where the perspective comes in.

What will be your excuse when Denver comes in and pins another close loss on you guys in November? You guys own teams in December until then you guys are mediocre.

ZachKC
10-29-2006, 11:33 PM
Pwned.

I didn't know anyone over 12 typed that.

Taco John
10-29-2006, 11:34 PM

What does it matter? Nothing if you're just trolling for reactions. Come talk to you when we can beat the guy? I was going to suggest the same thing to you. Last time you played the guy with anything meaningful on the line, you ended up just like we did today: with a loss at home.

It's not like we haven't beat the Colts in the regular season before either.

...meanwhile, your "stellar" defense got torched by Senaca Wallace today.

ZachKC
What will be your excuse when Denver comes in and pins another close loss on you guys in November? You guys own teams in December until then you guys are mediocre.

You really think its the calender that beats you guys in Arrowhead every year?

Cute.

Who is acting like they won something they really haven't in this thread?

BigPlayShay

Just trying to stay on Boob's level so he understands it.

ZachKC
10-29-2006, 11:35 PM
Just trying to stay on Boob's level so he understands it.

Stooping to the lowest common denominator...talking like a true OMer.

...meanwhile, your "stellar" defense got torched by Senaca Wallace today.

240 total yards. Severe burns, that.

theAPAOps5
I was talking about KC. We're looking pretty good right about now. We control our destiny and that is all you can ask for.

No you pounded your chest and proubly declared you won 4 of 5 like that is a great achievement. I responded in kind and pointed out that the Broncos have won 5 of 6.

Taco John

Aren't you the moderator of Chiefs Planet? You guys are the Pwned outlet over there, along with whatever internet cliche is the current rage.

ZachKC
10-29-2006, 11:37 PM
Aren't you the moderator of Chiefs Planet? You guys are the Pwned outlet over there, along with whatever internet cliche is the current rage.

So this must make me a Flava Clown?

10-29-2006, 11:38 PM
No you pounded your chest and proubly declared you won 4 of 5 like that is a great achievement. I responded in kind and pointed out that the Broncos have won 5 of 6.

I wasn't aware we were comparing teams. You made some stupid insinuation about the Chiefs not being good in reality. We've won 4 out of 5. I like that reality.

theAPAOps5
10-29-2006, 11:38 PM
You really think its the calender that beats you guys in Arrowhead every year?

Cute.

Who is acting like they won something they really haven't in this thread?

5-2 compared to 4-3 yeah I would say we have won something, which is more than you. Too bad you guys don't get Senecca all year except you probably would lose more than you like since you almost did today against a team that is playing 2nd string QB and RB and you were in Mighty Arrowhead.

theAPAOps5
10-29-2006, 11:39 PM
I wasn't aware we were comparing teams. You made some stupid insinuation about the Chiefs not being good in reality. We've won 4 out of 5. I like that reality.

No you guys are good I just think the outcome would have been worse if you played Indy today. You would have lost by at least 14 since you have suspect CB's at best.

ZachKC
10-29-2006, 11:41 PM
5-2 compared to 4-3 yeah I would say we have won something, which is more than you. Too bad you guys don't get Senecca all year except you probably would lose more than you like since you almost did today against a team that is playing 2nd string QB and RB and you were in Mighty Arrowhead.
Senecca>Plummer

Taco John
10-29-2006, 11:41 PM
So this must make me a Flava Clown?

Uh, no. You apparently don't know what a flava clown is. You sound like a 50 year old trying to be hip.

10-29-2006, 11:42 PM
No you guys are good I just think the outcome would have been worse if you played Indy today. You would have lost by at least 14 since you have suspect CB's at best.

Our suspect CBs have allowed us to field one of the NFL's best pass defenses. Big thanks to David Gibbs, too.

Also, I now laugh in the faces of all the morons who told me they'd take Darrent Williams over Surtain.

ZachKC
10-29-2006, 11:43 PM

You would think a team that had CB's that were suspect at best would be lower than 6th in passing defense.

10-29-2006, 11:43 PM
Speaking of the Colts, I would love to see Larry Johnson play that defense.

ZachKC
10-29-2006, 11:44 PM
Uh, no. You apparently don't know what a flava clown is. You sound like a 50 year old trying to be hip.
I will stick around more OMers for the information superhighway lingo and 12 year old schticks.

theAPAOps5
10-29-2006, 11:45 PM
No you have a pass rush that is why you guys are good at pass defense. Take that away and they are suspect. We have no pass rush and one of our CB's takes away one side of the field. Unfortunately Darrent he was suspect as well.

theAPAOps5
10-29-2006, 11:45 PM
I think any running back would love to play them, them make RBs look great!

10-29-2006, 11:46 PM
No you have a pass rush that is why you guys are good at pass defense.

We've got a solid pass rush, but they were shut down today. We still played well against the pass.

ZachKC
10-29-2006, 11:47 PM
No you have a pass rush that is why you guys are good at pass defense. Take that away and they are suspect. We have no pass rush and one of our CB's takes away one side of the field. Unfortunately Darrent he was suspect as well.

Hahaha. So the only way you would qualify a KC team having CB's that are...using your words better than "suspect at BEST" we would have to have no pass rush.

Ever here of a coverage sack?

I guess our CB's have nothing to do with KC's pass defense numbers.

BigPlayShay
10-29-2006, 11:48 PM
I will stick around more OMers for the information superhighway lingo and 12 year old schticks.

You spend enough time here already.

theAPAOps5
Yeah but that was Seneca Wallace I watched him tons of times when he was at Iowa State he is a running back who is tall, he can't throw! Still a win is a win and you guys are in the hunt so we can't rag you too much.

ZachKC
I think any running back would love to play them, them make RBs look great!

Except for Tatum Bell.

mattbeymvp
Hahaha. So the only way you would qualify a KC team having CB's that are...using your words better than "suspect at BEST" we would have to have no pass rush.

Ever here of a coverage sack?

I guess our CB's have nothing to do with KC's pass defense numbers.

When Ty Law fell flat on his face today in coverage I laughed really hard.

ZachKC
10-29-2006, 11:49 PM
You spend enough time here already.
I enjoy getting in about once a week.

theAPAOps5
10-29-2006, 11:50 PM
Except for Tatum Bell.

No you have me there, Tatum was baaaaadddd today. He must be injured more than is being let on.

ZachKC
10-29-2006, 11:52 PM
No you have me there, Tatum was baaaaadddd today. He must be injured more than is being let on.
I didn't know he was injured at all. Did he tweak something?

BigPlayShay
10-29-2006, 11:53 PM

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=6155

TATUM SLOWED BY INJURY: Tatum Bell started Sunday's contest vs. the Colts as Denver's primary running back -- the same role he's filled since the season opener in St. Louis.

However, a toe injury he'd been pushing through all week kept him on the sideline for much of the second half, opening the door for Mike Bell's 136-yard, two-touchdown performance.

theAPAOps5
10-29-2006, 11:54 PM

He has turf toe and played through it last week but told the coaches at half time he couldn't go 100% so that is why there was a healthy dose of Mike Bell. Unfortunately that is par for the course with Tatum. He gets dinged up too much.

labronx
10-30-2006, 12:07 AM
Back to the topic at hand.

Zach KC and Bob please exit stage left and thank you!

Slap,

Marino won with less talent than Manning because he was plain and simply more talented. Marino to me is the best pocket or pure passer I've ever seen.

His arm strength, release, pressence, field vision was amazing. It was trully dissapointing as a fan of the NFL that he never won a ring especially in the latter part of his career, once Elway had won his.

You give Marino the Bills teams of the 90's and he would have won atleast one ring.

Taco,

Thats the whole thing, Manning is amazing at a level that Plummer has no idea about and never will be.

Lets Stop playing the blame game and realize it is what it is.
Like Slap said, Manning is Robot, Plummer is goof who plays football for a living and has other interests in life. Manning is a Quarterback 24hrs of the day all the time.

Thats the why its so idiotic to try to blame the D. Thats a freakin joke, Manning can't be stopped, only the dude that does is Bellicheck and Manning will most likely beat him this year.

Pittsburgh got lucky and they have a franchise QB. So it helps to be lucky and good.
Plus Indi had some weird stuff happen to them down the stretch that affected their team psyche.

The reason they won is Peyton Manning.
The reason we lost is Peyton Manning.

We didn't have one on the field today...but we will soon.

That is what pisses me off the most, now I know how Browns fans felt back in the days.

Blame it on the D...pifff what a joke...and Plummer played great right?

dang im pissed especially at the never ending stupid a$$ excuses for Plummer.

The dude is straight up average at best and I can't wait for Cutler to play and put an end to this played out argument.

I cant wait to fully blame Cutler atleast I know it's not Plummer anymore. It's gotten worse than Griese.

Atleast I knew Griese had no heart so u had an explanation, with Plummer we HAVE to accept that we dont have the guns to compete.

it is what it is.

Jake Plummer
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Ben Rothlisberger
Donovan McNabb
Jake Delohme
Trent Dilfer
Kerry Collins
Kurt Warner
Steve McNair
Rich Gannon
Brad Johnson
Matt Hasslebeck

fdf
10-30-2006, 12:08 AM
Truth...But it was too heart-breaking to just say "We were out-played".

But even worse to say we have been outplayed by them every important game we have played against them for years. Big changes are necessary before we have any reasonable chance to win a key game against them. We just don't have the horsepower and haven't for years.

Taco John
10-30-2006, 12:09 AM

Haha! Yeah. Admit it. You come here for football talk in between moderating biggest dump and Skip Towne meltdown threads

broncocalijohn
10-30-2006, 12:19 AM
challenge?

dont be a poor loser. He manages his team, histiming is superb and sees everything. I dont know if Manning plays chess but he comes to play with that mentality. He is awesome. Any other disagree?

BroncoFanCam
10-30-2006, 02:04 AM
this might sound strange but I blame this lose on Al Wilson ! he never seems to be in the right place in Passing situations. why is that ?It's not Al Wilson's responsibility to help a corner that is being burned, it's one of the saftey's job. They can't do it, unless the coach calls the play though.

OrangeShadow
10-30-2006, 05:04 AM
i just dont see how a team that cant stop anyone on offense is going to contend late in the year. You can physically RUN OVER them as we did today i think New england has a chance to beat them because they get pressure on the quarterback

riiiiick
10-30-2006, 05:25 AM
Look here, SoCal. If you want to crown their asses, then CROWN THEIR ASS!

Hilarious! They are exactly who we thought they were!

-Slap-
10-30-2006, 05:46 AM
Senecca>Plummer

You might want to at least spell the guy's name correctly.

Anyway, Jake played a pretty solid game yesterday. The resident knuckleheads are hailing him like Johnny Unitas, but that was to be expected.

I almost agree with you, though. The Kubiak/Shanahan tandem could have taken a guy like Wallace and molded him into basically about what we've got under center right now.

I'll be interested to see if Jake can extend his level of competent play to two consecutive weeks against a 3-4 defense that will take away his rollouts.

Mile High Shack
10-30-2006, 06:16 AM
I don't get the Payaton love here TJ

he is a great QB, but you hit him in the mouth and try to disguise coverages, rather than just playing straight up zone, you can beat him

Look at NE and Pitt, what they normally do to him.

we did none of that and Coyer failed to adjust...like normal against a good offense

OrangeShadow
10-30-2006, 06:17 AM
I dont know shack, if it wasnt for vandy missing that ugly FG they would of beat pitt last year

Mile High Shack
10-30-2006, 06:19 AM
I dont know shack, if it wasnt for vandy missing that ugly FG they would of beat pitt last year

if it wasn't for Bettis almost choking and fumbling, it wouldn't of came to that

you can say shoulda, woulda all you want

fact is, some d coordinators know how to beat Payaton, we just don't happen to have one that does

Rohirrim
10-30-2006, 06:31 AM
The Broncos worked so hard to make sure Payaton was able to leave Denver without a single stain on that white uniform of his, it would be a shame to ruin it with your love slobber, girls.

Mile High Shack
10-30-2006, 06:33 AM
The Broncos worked so hard to make sure Payaton was able to leave Denver without a single stain on that white uniform of his, it would be a shame to ruin it with your love slobber, girls.

as someone said in the chatroom last night

Peyton says to equpiment manager "Don't bother washing it, just hang it up for me"

BroncoSoja
10-30-2006, 06:45 AM

Hall of famer or not the Defensive game plan on him as Tom Jackson said was "Vanilla"..The just stayed in one spot and didn't try to disguise anything(what happend to all the movement we used to have), that also had to be the worst Blitz D (When they actually tried to blitz) that I have ever seen.. You can't start to Blitz 5 yards off the ball (when you do deside to come) and expect to get to Manning, he is way to good. Add that to the fact that our Defense looked confused at times (Especially DWill and Lynch) and our run defense was absolutly horribe as was our tackling and you just have one horrible defensive effort.

I will not try to sit here and say Manning is not good.. To be honest with you I think when its all said in done in terms of what he can do I think he will be 1 or 2 alltime at the QB posistion, he is just that damn good. Not many QB's can call a game and beat a team, not many at all. But I think our Defense could have done a hell of alot better but they were too scared that they would get burned... Sad thing is instead of getting burned they got dissected..

Circle Orange
10-30-2006, 07:02 AM
The key was that Manning's O line did an EXCELLENT job of pass protection. No fouls, no penalties, no offsides...Peyton may as well have been playing at the dome. Any qb worth a buck can pitch and toss under those circumstances.

Rohirrim
10-30-2006, 07:08 AM

Mentioning John Elway in the same sentence with that primadonna Payaton puts the taste of vomit in my mouth. Marino had fantastic WRs and could throw the ball all over the place too. He was never a champion. Not once. Manning played a team that had absolutely no pass rush whatsoever. He left the field without a single grass stain on his uniform. Take any QB in the NFL. Any one of them. Give them the WRs Payaton has. Give them the time Payaton had. Not a single pressure. Nothing. Let them not only look through three reads. Let them go back and start over again after the first three reads. They'll take you apart too.

The number one flaw of Mike Shanahan which he has proven year after year? He thinks he can win without a pass rush. He has believed this his entire career.

ScottXray
10-30-2006, 07:15 AM
Manning has a great O-line and they did a great job here yesterday. Even Jake would be able to put up good numbers behind it.

But, the great line is not the only reason he wins.

The guy is the best QB in the game today...bar none! And YES he is a hall of famer. You can't put up the numbers he does every year and not be great at your job.

So far he hasn't been able to get to the bowl.....but this may be the year. Indys Defense is suspect, and they rely too much on the pass. So Manning has just gone out and won every game this year. Remind you of anyone?

I hope they beat NE this week, in fact I think they will. We are probably playing for 2nd place, guys, so let Indy have home field. Maybe B-more can take them out.

We all might hate him, cause he beats us like a drum,....but I bet everyone here would love it if he came and played for us!

:notworthy

troya900
10-30-2006, 07:28 AM

At least look up the facts before you state this kind of BS. Denver did beat Manning IN Indy in 2003 when it DID matter for playoff positioning then Denver promptly went into Indy a few weeks later and thus the Indy ownage of the Broncos began. The point is just cause your crappy defense beat him once doesn't mean he wouldn't own you 9 out of 10 times. Oh yeah that same ownage we got you got too losing at home to them in the playoffs. Yeah your O showed more but it was essentially the same thing I dont think Indy punted that whole game against the Cheaps.

Circle Orange
10-30-2006, 07:30 AM

he is a great QB, but you hit him in the mouth and try to disguise coverages, rather than just playing straight up zone, you can beat him

we did none of that and Coyer failed to adjust...like normal against a good offense

And San Diego did it, too. If you have a dominating d line and active linebackers (esp a 3-4) and crack that sucker in the lip he doesn't look so immortal. Peyton's greatest talent is mental, not physical. Timing is his game. Knock him on his square assed hips, and watch the whining. He's a great qb, but this sudden mania I can't figure either. It's not like he hasn't done this before, and the Colts always seem to beat the Broncs lately. But the media is acting like this is some 'eye opening' experience. ???

Rohirrim
10-30-2006, 07:34 AM
And San Diego did it, too. If you have a dominating d line and active linebackers (esp a 3-4) and crack that sucker in the lip he doesn't look so immortal. Peyton's greatest talent is mental, not physical. Timing is his game. Knock him on his square assed hips, and watch the whining. He's a great qb, but this sudden mania I can't figure either. It's not like he hasn't done this before, and the Colts always seem to beat the Broncs lately. But the media is acting like this is some 'eye opening' experience. ???

I agree completely. This is what I was saying before the game. If you can't hit Manning, you will lose. Can it be any simpler? Everything he does is timing. Phil Simms said it in the booth. The ball is gone before the WR breaks. Manning, Harrison and Wayne practice it over an over and over. If you can't interrupt the timing, you're toast. It ain't rocket science.

NaptownChief
10-30-2006, 07:40 AM

That sure sounds good but reality is that it is nothing more than talk. What did Pitt do to him? He threw for 290 yards a TD and 0 INT's. If they had Adam V in that game instead of Vandershank they probably win.

Only Bill Bellichick has been able to make Manning look bad and that took one of the best teams in the last couple decades to do that.

You act like Coyer is too stupid and you have the answers. Coyer is one of the best DC's in the business. He has made adjustments but the reality is that Manning counter-adjusts and continues to pick teams apart.

If you don't get the Manning love from TJ then it is because you know little about football or you are letting your hate for Manning completely cloud your vision.

Mile High Shack
10-30-2006, 07:42 AM
That sure sounds good but reality is that it is nothing more than talk. What did Pitt do to him? He threw for 290 yards a TD and 0 INT's. If they had Adam V in that game instead of Vandershank they probably win.

Only Bill Bellichick has been able to make Manning look bad and that took one of the best teams in the last couple decades to do that.

You act like Coyer is too stupid and you have the answers. Coyer is one of the best DC's in the business. He has made adjustments but the reality is that Manning counter-adjusts and continues to pick teams apart.

If you don't get the Manning love from TJ then it is because you know little about football or you are letting your hate for Manning completely cloud your vision.

coulda would should about Pitt, if Bettis wouldn't of choked at fumbled at the 1 yard line, then that FG wouldn't of mattered

you do what you do, you hit Payaton in the mouth and disrupt his timing, somethign Coyer can't figure out how to do...he did once, in 2003, we sacked Payaton about 3 x's and we won

NaptownChief
10-30-2006, 07:46 AM
If you can't interrupt the timing, you're toast. It ain't rocket science.

But doing that obviously isn't something that many can do....It is like saying to stop the running game all you need is four defensive lineman that are 6'5" 375lbs, have the quickness of LT, the speed of Steve Smith and the strength of Rulon Gardner and the competitive desire of Michael Jordan. Come on this isn't rocket science, just go get those four guys and we will shut down the run.

cabronco
10-30-2006, 07:49 AM
I had a hard time deciphering where our d-lineman were when Manning was back to pass. I swear they were getting engulfed by the Colts O-line . Not only that , the colt line would strategically push the defenders in certain areas of the pocket to give Manning a throwing alley you could drive any automobile through. This was 99% of the time. A few blitzes may have helped, but may have allowed them to rack up more points too. It was painfully obvious to me, once again, our D-line needs more than one talented player.
The entire D had a lousy game yesterday, tackling, guys wide open. It was bad timing to have an off day on D. The front line is what it is.

NaptownChief
10-30-2006, 07:49 AM
coulda would should about Pitt, if Bettis wouldn't of choked at fumbled at the 1 yard line, then that FG wouldn't of mattered

you do what you do, you hit Payaton in the mouth and disrupt his timing, somethign Coyer can't figure out how to do...he did once, in 2003, we sacked Payaton about 3 x's and we won

and if the Colts had a decent defense Bettis' fumble wouldn't have mattered. I don't see where the team outcome has anything to do with your point about taking Manning out of his game...Giving up 290 yards and no turnovers isn't exactly taking someone out of their game. Sure, it isn't the beat downs he keeps giving you guys but 290 yards is the equivalent of a 4,640 yard season over 16 games.

Mile High Shack
10-30-2006, 07:51 AM
and if the Colts had a decent defense Bettis' fumble wouldn't have mattered. I don't see where the team outcome has anything to do with your point about taking Manning out of his game...Giving up 290 yards and no turnovers isn't exactly taking someone out of their game. Sure, it isn't the beat downs he keeps giving you guys but 290 yards is the equivalent of a 4,640 yard season over 16 games.

the point is, as proven by NE and Pitt, you hit him in the mouth, disguise your blitzes at the LOS and bump the receivers, you take away his timing

sitting back in zone all day isn't going to do anything

Rohirrim
10-30-2006, 07:53 AM
But doing that obviously isn't something that many can do....It is like saying to stop the running game all you need is four defensive lineman that are 6'5" 375lbs, have the quickness of LT, the speed of Steve Smith and the strength of Rulon Gardner and the competitive desire of Michael Jordan. Come on this isn't rocket science, just go get those four guys and we will shut down the run.

You don't have to disrupt every single pass. You don't have to hit him every time he drops back. But you do have to do it a couple of times. Okay? How about once? One friggin time. On third and long. Is that too much to ask? Stop one effin drive. Just one.

You have to be able to break a series. The Colt's punter should give back yesterday's game check. Or split it with Denver's D.

Old Dude
10-30-2006, 07:56 AM
I had a hard time deciphering where our d-lineman were when Manning was back to pass. I swear they were getting engulfed by the Colts O-line . Not only that , the colt line would strategically push the defenders in certain areas of the pocket to give Manning a throwing alley you could drive any automobile through. This was 99% of the time. A few blitzes may have helped, but may have allowed them to rack up more points too. It was painfully obvious to me, once again, our D-line needs more than one talented player.
The entire D had a lousy game yesterday, tackling, guys wide open. It was bad timing to have an off day on D. The front line is what it is.

I agree with an awful lot of this. Our D-Line was absolutely controlled. And you hit it dead on. They were guided completely out of the passing lanes which gave Manning a perfect view of the field. Our DEs may as well have been playing in Littleton and Boulder.

NaptownChief
10-30-2006, 07:58 AM
the point is, as proven by NE and Pitt, you hit him in the mouth, disguise your blitzes at the LOS and bump the receivers, you take away his timing

sitting back in zone all day isn't going to do anything

Pitt didn't prove anything...they played well enough to squeak out a win but they sure as heck didn't stop Manning. NE accomplished that but it took one of the best teams in the last couple decades to do that. So I guess if you can come up with one of the best teams in the last couple decades then I suppose you might shut him down. That should be easy enough. Uhh

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-30-2006, 08:14 AM
I'll add this, though. No matter how good Manning and the Colts offense may be, I can't recall a Super Bowl winner that had a defense in the lower 1/3rd of the league.

NaptownChief
10-30-2006, 08:19 AM
I'll add this, though. No matter how good Manning and the Colts offense may be, I can't recall a Super Bowl winner that had a defense in the lower 1/3rd of the league.

And for that reason I don't expect them to win the Super Bowl. It will require Manning to be hitting on all cylinders for 3 or 4 straight games against playoff teams. That is extremely tough to do. If Manning just has an average game they will be beat with that defense. Especially playoff teams that tend to be able to run the ball well. They will have a field day moving the ball and killing the clock keeping Manning off the field.

It is about time Dungy gets held accountable for putting rotten defenses on the field. This is his fifth year and was brought in to build a good defense to go with that great offense and so far he has done nothing but ride the coattails of an offense that was already in place with Tom Moore and Manning.

troya900
10-30-2006, 08:23 AM
I agree with an awful lot of this. Our D-Line was absolutely controlled. And you hit it dead on. They were guided completely out of the passing lanes which gave Manning a perfect view of the field. Our DEs may as well have been playing in Littleton and Boulder.

The Dline was absolutely atrocious. Half the time they were rolling around in the ground like a bunch of happy pigs in a slough.

Taco John
10-30-2006, 08:25 AM

I think you're crazy if you can't give any props to Peyton Manning.

NaptownChief
10-30-2006, 08:32 AM
I think you're crazy if you can't give any props to Peyton Manning.

For him it is like the guy that keeps getting all the girls that he wanted...He is so bitter he refuses to accept the fact that he is just the better man.

As for those that say Manning is better compared to Marino at this point than Elway, you are probably right...As Manning has more wins and much better stats....and none of them had any rings at this stage either. So at least Marino had the stats.

Taco John
10-30-2006, 08:34 AM
Hopefully those stats are keeping him and Marino warm at nights.

NaptownChief
10-30-2006, 08:38 AM
Hopefully those stats are keeping him and Marino warm at nights.

The moment he gets a top 10 defense like Elway had in his two Super Bowl seasons he will start racking up his share of rings.

Hulamau
10-30-2006, 08:53 AM

Amen to that Taco, sure we could have possibly won with just a couple of key plays on defense and on offense late in the game, but this is one where we saw a master at work in peak form.

Manning and the Colts seemed ready to answer whatever we threw at them and as they said in their postgame that Manning is so good at reading defenses and is so accurate he simply goes after whatever the defense gives him and that knowledge by the rest of the team that he has it covered makes them all relax and play looser knowing they don't have to go out individually and win the game.

Heres a quote from Shanny postgame:

"Later, Shanahan politely refused to rank Manning against John Elway, Joe Montana and other Hall of Fame quarterbacks with whom the Broncos coach has worked on NFL sidelines and in meeting rooms.

"But I guarantee you one thing," Shanahan said of Manning. "He amazes me."

While Jake Plummer gave by far his best performance in nine months, I'll guarantee you something else. It hurt Plummer's job security in Denver when Shanahan spent a week at the Pro Bowl last winter with Manning, and was reminded firsthand what a QB who can be a coach on the field can do for a team with championship aspirations.

"You can't overemphasize how good the quarterback is," Colts coach Tony Dungy said.

Manning beats you with all the small things.

What is ironic is we have NE's number, Indy has our number and NE has Indy's number!! Go Figure!

Lets see if that holds true again as Indy plays NE next weekend.

Willynowei
10-30-2006, 09:36 AM

What a great way to be competitive Taco. Lets just bow down to the Colts when we meet them in a game next year, because I'm sure thats what Shanahan is thinking right now. Yeap, thats how you deal with adversity in life isn't it? You give up and say "oh well i tried".

I got news for anyone still not willing to accept it, This defense played its ass off, including Darrent and got absolutely leveled because simply:

Lack of personell and scheme.

There was not an execution problem, its not hard to execute man cover with one or two stunts and loops on the front line. The whole damn Orangemane comes on to these boards after each win and complain Jake this, Jake that, our offense sucks while we were on a 5 game winning streak. Now this team shows its true weakness, its only weakness and the only reason its lost all those playoff games all along...

Our defense is all smokes and mirrors. Football is won and lost in the trenches.

-Slap-
10-30-2006, 09:37 AM
For him it is like the guy that keeps getting all the girls that he wanted...He is so bitter he refuses to accept the fact that he is just the better man.

As for those that say Manning is better compared to Marino at this point than Elway, you are probably right...As Manning has more wins and much better stats....and none of them had any rings at this stage either. So at least Marino had the stats.

Marino and Elway (and Kelly for that matter) all had road playoff wins and Super Bowl appearances by now. Manning hasn't won anything and its going on year ten.

-Slap-
10-30-2006, 09:40 AM
What is ironic is we have NE's number, Indy has our number and NE has Indy's number!! Go Figure!

Those kind of dynamics occur to some extent in every division in the League. There's an old saying in boxing, "styles make fights", and that's true in most athletic competitions.

NFLBRONCO
10-30-2006, 09:41 AM
Manning is a great QB no doubt but, he got 5 minutes to throw with lots of weapons all day he should look good.

Mile High Shack
10-30-2006, 09:42 AM
Pitt didn't prove anything...they played well enough to squeak out a win but they sure as heck didn't stop Manning. NE accomplished that but it took one of the best teams in the last couple decades to do that. So I guess if you can come up with one of the best teams in the last couple decades then I suppose you might shut him down. That should be easy enough. Uhh

who said anything about stopping him?

their offense is too good to just "stop"

but I'm talking holding to less than 30 points for once

NaptownChief
10-30-2006, 09:43 AM
Marino and Elway (and Kelly for that matter) all had road playoff wins

You might need to revisit history....Manning beat the 13-3 Chiefs in Arrowhead when his defense couldn't even force a single punt.

I would be surprised if any of the three you mentioned could have pulled that off.

And he keeps spanking those Donkeys in the playoffs year after year...But I will have to agree with you that really doesn't much credit. That is about as tough as picking up a call girl in Vegas with a couple grand in your pocket.

NaptownChief
10-30-2006, 09:45 AM
who said anything about stopping him?

their offense is too good to just "stop"

but I'm talking holding to less than 30 points for once

So the fact that a couple teams have managed to hold him under 30 points proves he doesn't deserve credit and love from Taco. That is like saying Carl Lewis didn't always run the 100 under 10 seconds so I can't believe anybody thinks he was really fast.

Mile High Shack
10-30-2006, 09:45 AM
You might need to revisit history....Manning beat the 13-3 Chiefs in Arrowhead when his defense couldn't even force a single punt.

I would be surprised if any of the three you mentioned could have pulled that off.

And he keeps spanking those Donkeys in the playoffs year after year...But I will have to agree with you that really doesn't much credit. That is about as tough as picking up a call girl in Vegas with a couple grand in your pocket.

do you have trouble in your masterbation experiences...deciding to jerk off to Payaton or Larry Johnson's poster?

Mile High Shack
10-30-2006, 09:48 AM
So the fact that a couple teams have managed to hold him under 30 points proves he doesn't deserve credit and love from Taco. That is like saying Carl Lewis didn't always run the 100 under 10 seconds so I can't believe anybody thinks he was really fast.

lots of teams in the NFL during payaton's "lustrious" career have held him under 30 points

you act like it's impossible

Payaton is a good QB, but not that knob slobberer hero, idol you make him out to be

NaptownChief
10-30-2006, 10:08 AM
do you have trouble in your masterbation experiences...deciding to jerk off to Payaton or Larry Johnson's poster?

We have the official white flag being waved...Ye olde tactic of name calling and personal insults when defeat is imminent.

Mile High Shack
10-30-2006, 10:11 AM
We have the official white flag being waved...Ye olde tactic of name calling and personal insults when defeat is imminent.

no, you act like Payaton can't be stopped, that it's literally impossible to stop him, where there are numorous examples of how indeed, he can be slowed down

Pitt, NE, SD, Jax just to name a few

There is a blue plan on how to execute it, but the fact is, our D coordinator is too much of an old crumudeon to try it.

So rather than trying to get you to see that point, I'll let your love for Payaton bring a smile to my face and make fun of your DA

Popps
10-30-2006, 10:15 AM
Gotta love a Broncos forum where the top moderator is ripping other people for not supporting Peyton Manning enough after he embarrassed our defense for the 4th time in a big game.

Goooooooooooo PEYTON!!

purestrength
10-30-2006, 10:18 AM
If it's any consolation, Peyton will light up New England next Sunday night, just like he did last year.

Popps
10-30-2006, 10:19 AM
no, you act like Payaton can't be stopped, that it's literally impossible to stop him

It's been posted here. Not on this thread but others. Literally.

Hey, if people can watch our D taken apart in a disgraceful performance like that and then just praise Peyton Manning, more power to them.

Personally, I'd rather figure out how to beat his ass in a big game like teams have done for the last 8 years.

This has to be the only team forum in the league where this kind of stuff flies.
Can you imagine someone on a Jets forum posting an "I love Manning" thread after he just dismantled their defense?

Takes all kinds.

Gort
10-30-2006, 10:27 AM
i hate Manning and the Indiana Cowpies more than the next guy, but facts are facts... with today's NFL rules and his core of receivers, you've got to play a nearly perfect game to beat him, or hope for some really awful weather!

Mile High Shack
10-30-2006, 10:27 AM

Hey, if people can watch our D taken apart in a disgraceful performance like that and then just praise Peyton Manning, more power to them.

Personally, I'd rather figure out how to beat his ass in a big game like teams have done for the last 8 years.

This has to be the only team forum in the league where this kind of stuff flies.
Can you imagine someone on a Jets forum posting an "I love Manning" thread after he just dismantled their defense?

Takes all kinds.

I give credit to Payaton, he can confuse the hell out of Coyer, that is for sure.

Payaton is a good QB, but not unbeatable.

I looked at our previous foes this year and how our "vaunted" D built up their stats

St. Louis--new offense, they were trying 3 step drops and Bulger later said he wanted to try some 7 step drops like last year...and they are much better on offense

KC--first game as full time starter

NE--still getting hang of no WRs worth a darn, I doubt we'd hold them to 7 points again

Bmore---enough said, their offense stinks

Oakland--they are worse on offense

we play a good defense and the real Coyer D shows up, the inconsitant, looking loss and confused and befuddled D coordinator shows up.

I'm all for the hate on Jake, fact is, until this game, he played bad, but I think the real issue is just how bad our D looked against a real offense, considering most of our recent money was spent on that side

NaptownChief
10-30-2006, 10:28 AM
no, you act like Payaton can't be stopped, that it's literally impossible to stop him, where there are numorous examples of how indeed, he can be slowed down

Pitt, NE, SD, Jax just to name a few

There is a blue plan on how to execute it, but the fact is, our D coordinator is too much of an old crumudeon to try it.

So rather than trying to get you to see that point, I'll let your love for Payaton bring a smile to my face and make fun of your DA

You are the only one making silly comments....."Uhhh I don't understand why all the Peyton love...". Uhh, maybe because he is the best player in the game by a decent margin, just ripped the #1 rated defense apart and most people have no trouble admiting such.

Popps
10-30-2006, 10:32 AM
You are the only one making silly comments....."Uhhh I don't understand why all the Peyton love...". Uhh, maybe because he is the best player in the game by a decent margin, just ripped the #1 rated defense apart and most people have no trouble admiting such.

What's there to "admit?"

Maybe the dude just isn't into the "Peyton is Dreamy" threads after he exposed our defense on national TV. Everyone knows Manning can play football. Is that news to you or something?

As usual, Taco stands hand in hand, united with the Chiefs fans around here.

Mile High Shack
10-30-2006, 10:34 AM

no, I don't understand the payaton love while not ripping our D for not trying to do something.

we were #1 rated based on playing powder puffs obviously b/c we just got exposed, it's not like he hasn't ripped our D before

the fact is, he can be slowed down, you act like he is the best football player in the history of the game, which is a crock.

and no, he isn't the best player by a decent margin, do you drool when you think of his peanut head in your hands?

I think LT and LJ are better, if he most valuable, that's for sure, b/c w/o him, the colts would lose about 45-26 every game.

Rohirrim
10-30-2006, 10:40 AM

Takes all kinds.

No kidding. It's like being in the friggin Twilight Zone. Hey, the Raiders just kicked your ass. Let's all get down on our knees and give Al Davis the old knob polish. Maybe in a few weeks we'll be able to discuss how wonderful LJ is? How about a thread, "The Many Reasons I Love Ladainan Tomlinson?"

Mile High Shack
10-30-2006, 10:43 AM
What's there to "admit?"

Maybe the dude just isn't into the "Peyton is Dreamy" threads after he exposed our defense on national TV. Everyone knows Manning can play football. Is that news to you or something?

As usual, Taco stands hand in hand, united with the Chiefs fans around here.

just a chief fan who is delluisonal and can't figure out which team to root for

at least Mock likes a team that is in the NFC and the AFC, this mooo-ran can't figure out if he likes Indy and dreamy Payaton better or the chorfs

Rohirrim
10-30-2006, 10:54 AM
no, I don't understand the payaton love while not ripping our D for not trying to do something.

we were #1 rated based on playing powder puffs obviously b/c we just got exposed, it's not like he hasn't ripped our D before

the fact is, he can be slowed down, you act like he is the best football player in the history of the game, which is a crock.

and no, he isn't the best player by a decent margin, do you drool when you think of his peanut head in your hands?

I think LT and LJ are better, if he most valuable, that's for sure, b/c w/o him, the colts would lose about 45-26 every game.

A big part of why our D got ripped had to do with a lousy scheme that should have been s-canned at the half, but wasn't. Not to mention some really lousy tackling. The key point is the Broncos put up no pass rush whatsover and an NFL QB took them apart. That's either kudos to their Oline, or thumbs down to our Dline or D coordinator. Not to mention, the Colts won on a last second field goal they should never have had the opportunity to try. It's not like they stomped the Broncos 41 to zip, or something. Our coaches were brain dead, our LBs forgot how to tackle, our D coordinator suddenly went senile, and STILL, the most powerful offense in the NFL was only able to squeak out a three point win.

Tredici
10-30-2006, 10:59 AM

I think I understand the sentiment here. Peyton might drive me nuts with all the antics at the line but you have no doubt you are watching a QB in command of the game. You also have no doubt if you put the ball in his hand with the game on the line he'll do everything he can to find a way to beat you. (Ahh... I remember the days of that type of confidence...)

Cry about the defense all you want. The fact is this defense was put together to stop the Indy offense and they still can't do it. This is a defense built to capitalize on offensive mistakes or non-execution. They couldn't force Indy into a mistake and the Colts are disciplined enough to not make silly errors on their own.

If appreciating Manning's talents (even in a stingy, begrudging way) makes me seem less of a Denver fan to some, well, you know the saying about opinions and a$$holes... Ha!

rbackfactory80
10-30-2006, 11:06 AM

Takes all kinds.

I thinks its becuase the Colts demolished our defense they are now ready to crown them. That is hilarious. Peyton did nothing yesterday that he hasn't done to every average defense that doesn't have a pass rush.

Rohirrim
10-30-2006, 11:29 AM
IMHO, this thread should go to the Butt.

bronco militia
10-30-2006, 11:30 AM
I think I understand the sentiment here. Peyton might drive me nuts with all the antics at the line but you have no doubt you are watching a QB in command of the game. You also have no doubt if you put the ball in his hand with the game on the line he'll do everything he can to find a way to beat you. (Ahh... I remember the days of that type of confidence...)

Cry about the defense all you want. The fact is this defense was put together to stop the Indy offense and they still can't do it. This is a defense built to capitalize on offensive mistakes or non-execution. They couldn't force Indy into a mistake and the Colts are disciplined enough to not make silly errors on their own.

If appreciating Manning's talents (even in a stingy, begrudging way) makes me seem less of a Denver fan to some, well, you know the saying about opinions and a$$holes... Ha!

nice:strong:

Popps
10-30-2006, 11:35 AM
I thinks its becuase the Colts demolished our defense they are now ready to crown them. That is hilarious. Peyton did nothing yesterday that he hasn't done to every average defense that doesn't have a pass rush.

Exactly. It's not like yesterday was a coming out party for Manning. We just made it particularly easy for him... easier than average.

We've built this defense up for three years for this game, and in the end... the Titans allowed less points to the Colts than we did. (That's with the Titan offense only scoring twice in the game.)

I mean, people can get all doe eyed over Manning if they want. Whatever works for you. To me, that's like watching a car run over your dog... and then standing above your dead dog saying, "gee, nice car."

Rohirrim
10-30-2006, 11:36 AM

And this is... which one? :kiddingme:

Popps
10-30-2006, 11:43 AM
http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[TACO]&set=key[number],value[19]&set=key[displaysize],value[220]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/p2754158_customback.chain]

Taco John
10-30-2006, 11:46 AM
Exactly. It's not like yesterday was a coming out party for Manning. We just made it particularly easy for him... easier than average.

We've built this defense up for three years for this game, and in the end... the Titans allowed less points to the Colts than we did. (That's with the Titan offense only scoring twice in the game.)

I mean, people can get all doe eyed over Manning if they want. Whatever works for you. To me, that's like watching a car run over your dog... and then standing above your dead dog saying, "gee, nice car."

I guess I could be like you and instead of paying a compliment to our opponents, sit here and whine about how bad our team is. We have a good team that got beat in a game by the best quarterback in the game today. It's hardly the end of the world. Pull yourself together already.

Popps
10-30-2006, 11:47 AM
I guess I could be like you and instead of paying a compliment to our opponents, sit here and whine about how bad our team is. .

Nah, I'd rather get dismantled in big games like this and then act surprised when it happens.

Hey, a car just killed my dog. Look how shiny it is. I had no idea that if my dog stood in the street, a car could hit it. Isn't that surprising and impressive!?

Popps
10-30-2006, 11:49 AM
It's hardly the end of the world. Pull yourself together already.

Ahh... if we win, with a sub-par QB performance, your arse is on fire... but if we are embarrassed for the 4th time by a team we've constructed our team to beat for three years, it's no biggie!

Cool, just trying to keep it straight...

We win.... bad. Make threads how bad things are.

We lose... good. Make threads about how dreamy opposing QB is.

Got it.

Taco John
10-30-2006, 11:50 AM
Why don't you continue to whine about the defense that got us 5 wins so far this season.

Rohirrim
10-30-2006, 11:52 AM
Nah, I'd rather get dismantled in big games like this and then act surprised when it happens.

Hey, a car just killed my dog. Look how shiny it is. I had no idea that if my dog stood in the street, a car could hit it. Isn't that surprising and impressive!?

"Hey, dude. Your sister is great in the sack! Gimme five!" Ha!

troya900
10-30-2006, 11:59 AM

Yup, man it's proven how to beat peyton. Have a decent line that can bring pressure and force them to punt at least a few times. Peyton and the recievers take up so much of their salary they have a crap ass defense that gets run over against playoff caliber offenses. It's clear Denver's defensive line is still as crappy as it's ever been. Until Shanny finally addresses the Defensive line we pretty much have to accept great passing attacks like Peyton will be beating us.

Taco John
10-30-2006, 12:02 PM
What you see as a devestating loss, I see as a step forward. At least this time our offense showed up to play some football. That was encouraging. This is how our past games would have been if our offense had shown up. Maybe still losses, but at least we'd have a shot at the end.

As far as this team being built to beat the Colts, that's a media creation. This team isn't geared for any particular team. It's an assembly of the best talent we could get in the situation we were in. Perhaps if Jake wasn't such a turnip in the last four playoff outings, Shanahan would have felt confident enough in him to forego drafting Cutler, and instead picking up a DE.

In any case, I think the results would have been different if we had Gerrard Warren tying guys up front, and freeing some rushers. That didn't happen, and whenever we sent a blitz, Peyton Manning would make us pay for it.

Peyton deserves a lot of credit. They've got one of the absolute worst defenses in the league, and they're still undefeated.

I still believe we've got a good defense. They're still the reason we've got 5 wins, and we haven't seen the last of their dominating style of play. We're not facing Peyton Manning every week.

troya900
10-30-2006, 12:07 PM
What you see as a devestating loss, I see as a step forward. At least this time our offense showed up to play some football. That was encouraging. This is how our past games would have been if our offense had shown up. Maybe still losses, but at least we'd have a shot at the end.

As far as this team being built to beat the Colts, that's a media creation. This team isn't geared for any particular team. It's an assembly of the best talent we could get in the situation we were in. Perhaps if Jake wasn't such a turnip in the last four playoff outings, Shanahan would have felt confident enough in him to forego drafting Cutler, and instead picking up a DE.

In any case, I think the results would have been different if we had Gerrard Warren tying guys up front, and freeing some rushers. That didn't happen, and whenever we sent a blitz, Peyton Manning would make us pay for it.

Peyton deserves a lot of credit. They've got one of the absolute worst defenses in the league, and they're still undefeated.

I still believe we've got a good defense. They're still the reason we've got 5 wins, and we haven't seen the last of their dominating style of play. We're not facing Peyton Manning every week.

I honestly don't understand your rosy outlook from this. I hate saying it, but we seem like a paper tiger all around. If we reach the playoffs again you can almost certaintly write it in that plummer will show up as his usual self making bone headed plays and the D-line will again be a no show allowing a ridiculous completion percentage because we have a bunch of scrubs that don't have the nuts to actually pressure the damn QB. Which is why Denver's been blown out the last 3 years in the playoff.

Popps
10-30-2006, 12:13 PM

Oh man.

ROFL!

Alkazar
10-30-2006, 12:18 PM

Whatchado, lose a bet to a Dolt fan there TJ???

ludo21
10-30-2006, 12:21 PM
IMHO, this thread should go to the Butt.

AMEN!!

Our D played like CRAP yesterday, underneath, medium range, up the middle, everything they did, it WORKED!!

Sure the Mannng O is good, but missed tackles, poor coverage, no pressure, THOSE are the reason Manning looked like God once again yesterday.

Taco John
10-30-2006, 12:29 PM

Not at all... Just paying my respects to the best quarterback in the league. He went up against one of the best defenses in the league and found the holes. Next week, our defense will get back in the business of being one of the best defenses in the league, and Peyton Manning will get back on the business of being the best quarterback in the league... and if we meet again in January, we'll see how things work out.

I don't subscribe to the idea that the only time it's permissable to be optimistic is when Plummer is choking and the defense is carrying the team. I think we still have a great defense, and that things are finally starting to come together on offense. Losing by 3 points to one of the best teams in the league is hardly the end of the season.

Props to Peyton Manning. He got the best of a very good defense. I look forward to a rematch.

Popps
10-30-2006, 12:32 PM

Look, just because you could swap out Bob and Taco's posts and not notice is no reason to get all over him.

Let the guy enjoy his day in peace. We just got blasted sideways by the Colts... relax, here... this will take the edge off for you...

http://graphics10.nytimes.com/images/2006/10/30/sports/30colts.1.span.jpg

Remember... Peyton Manning is awesome!

Just repeat it yourself. It's soothing.

Rohirrim
10-30-2006, 12:37 PM
And don't forget the part that makes it so especially sweet...

IN OUR OWN HOUSE!

Think I'm bad today? Should have seen me yesterday.

Taco John
10-30-2006, 12:38 PM
"THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING! WE'RE DOOOOOMED!

That make you feel better Popps?

We got beat by a great quarterback. Shrug it off. We've still got a good team.

Mile High Shack
10-30-2006, 12:39 PM
Not at all... Just paying my respects to the best quarterback in the league. He went up against one of the best defenses in the league and found the holes. Next week, our defense will get back in the business of being one of the best defenses in the league, and Peyton Manning will get back on the business of being the best quarterback in the league... and if we meet again in January, we'll see how things work out.

I don't subscribe to the idea that the only time it's permissable to be optimistic is when Plummer is choking and the defense is carrying the team. I think we still have a great defense, and that things are finally starting to come together on offense. Losing by 3 points to one of the best teams in the league is hardly the end of the season.

Props to Peyton Manning. He got the best of a very good defense. I look forward to a rematch.

our defense is not as good as we thought it was

sure Payaton is a great QB, but c'mon

look at the teams we played, NE was still in transition and so were the rams when we played them, other than that, all the offenses were crap

we played a good offense finally and got exposed

we are an average defense, nothing more, nothing less....pure average......we aren't even very good as you put it

ludo21
10-30-2006, 12:41 PM
And don't forget the part that makes it so especially sweet...

IN OUR OWN HOUSE!

Think I'm bad today? Should have seen me yesterday.

dont remind me about that!

Freaking 13 wins in a row, then we let this one slip away.

AGHHHHH!!! The D just had to make one freaking stop.

Taco John
10-30-2006, 12:47 PM
our defense is not as good as we thought it was

sure Payaton is a great QB, but c'mon

look at the teams we played, NE was still in transition and so were the rams when we played them, other than that, all the offenses were crap

we played a good offense finally and got exposed

we are an average defense, nothing more, nothing less....pure average......we aren't even very good as you put it

Our defense is the only reason we're not 0-7 right now. Yeah, they had a bad game against the best quarterback in the game today, but that doesn't make them average. For crying out loud, Chicago just about blew it against the freaking Cardinals.

You and Popps and whoever else have written off the season because we blew a game by three points to the best team in the league can mope around deriding the only reason we're even in the hunt right now if you choose. That's up to you guys. Me, I'm going to give credit to the other team for having a hell of a game against a hell of a team, and eagerly wait for the rematch.

ludo21
10-30-2006, 12:50 PM
ITs not that were giving up on the season, its that we are putting blame on the D, and not feeling up Forehead boy.

Taco John
10-30-2006, 12:52 PM

Nice post Tredici. I didn't want to let this slip in the sea of misery that this thread is becoming. We put our base defense out there and tried to punch them in the mouth. Every time we got crafty, Peyton exposed us.

I think it would have been a better situation if we had Warren in the game tying up guys and freeing more rushers. We lost by three points and were in the game until the end. If our defense stops a drive, or our offense eliminates their turnover, we could have won this game. We're close, just not there yet.

bronco militia
10-30-2006, 12:52 PM
. That's up to you guys. Me, I'm going to give credit to the other team for having a hell of a game against a hell of a team, and eagerly wait for the rematch.

you're a sick man.....the only thing the Colts figured out yesterday was that they should have attacked D.Will sooner.

Popps
10-30-2006, 12:55 PM
You and Popps and whoever else have written off

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

When all else fails, just make **** up.

Seriously though, Taco. Isn't Peyton just dreamy...

http://www.depauw.edu/pa/news/images/peyton-manning.jpg

Taco John
10-30-2006, 01:03 PM
Seriously though, Taco. Isn't Peyton just dreamy...

http://www.depauw.edu/pa/news/images/peyton-manning.jpg

He's HOF great. I wish he were in the NFC.

As far as the game goes, we were one defensive stop, and/or offensive turnover away from winning this game. We're not as far off as the doom and gloom crowd would like us to believe.

Keep pouding on the defense, the only reason we're not 0-7. It's hilarious stuff, and I want to use these quotes against you fools when our defense starts facing normal quarterbacks again.

Mile High Shack
10-30-2006, 01:05 PM
Indy isn't close to the best team in the league

that goes to the Bears

the Bears D would tear Payaton a new one

Taco John
10-30-2006, 01:08 PM
Indy isn't close to the best team in the league

that goes to the Bears

the Bears D would tear Payaton a new one

The Bears D just about gave a game away to Leinart, a rookie.

Also, the Colts are undefeated. That makes them the best team in the league right now.

rbackfactory80
10-30-2006, 01:09 PM

Best post ever!:rofl:

Popps
10-30-2006, 01:10 PM
We're not as far off as the doom and gloom crowd would like us to believe.

Really, with that ****-can QB we've got? Wow.

Gosh, it just took a good ass-whooping to get you in a good mood about the team.

As for "we were one away."

We had 3 different times to protect a lead or a tie after the early forced fumble.

Did we stop them one time in the second half?

Fantasy land: "We didn't stop them all day, but had we not turned the ball over in the 2nd quarter, we would have suddenly stopped them the rest of the day.

Got it.

Popps
10-30-2006, 01:10 PM
Here dude...

http://www.peytonmanning.com/

Taco John
10-30-2006, 01:17 PM

Gosh, it just took a good ass-whooping to get you in a good mood about the team.

We had 3 different times to protect a lead or a tie after the early forced fumble.

Fantasy land: "We didn't stop them all day, but had we not turned the ball over in the 2nd quarter, we would have suddenly stopped them the rest of the day.

Got it.

For what it's worth, I'm in the same mood about the team this week as I was last week, the week before that and etc. This one loss to a good team doesn't change my feelings that we're still a playoff team who's probably a piece or two away from winning it all.

I thought that game was a nailbiter, but I didn't walk away from it feeling any different about our team than I felt any other week. We were one defensive stop, or one less turnover away from winning the game. That was a good team out there, and we just about matched them point for point.

epicSocialism4tw
10-30-2006, 01:17 PM
Whatchado, lose a bet to a Dolt fan there TJ??

No, he just has this lingering archetypal obsession with QB's of Elway's stature. And while all of us appreciate and relish the moments we had watching the greatest of all-time marshall our offense to wins from unfathomable depths, people like Taco John cannot recognize the rarity of such players and appreciate what is here NOW.

Taco John is the typical fan of individual players. He would rather watch individual players display their talents than watch his team win. That's what he appreciates, that's what he wants.

He's not a fan of the Broncos, he's a fan of the idea of great players playing for the Broncos.

Taco John
10-30-2006, 01:19 PM
Here dude...

http://www.peytonmanning.com/

Feel free to denigrate me for paying Peyton credit for beating a good defense. It doesn't matter to me. The guy is a great quarterback. I'm more than willing to accept the criticism I'm receiving for giving him credit.

He's freaking awesome.

Mile High Shack
10-30-2006, 01:20 PM
The Bears D just about gave a game away to Leinart, a rookie.

Also, the Colts are undefeated. That makes them the best team in the league right now.

so are the bears

and any team that can win a game and score over 20 points w/o scoring an offensive TD is the best team IMO

the Colts D is so bad that eventually someone (oh say NE next week) will figure out you have to hit Payaton in the mouth and they won't score over 30 points

troya900
10-30-2006, 01:21 PM
For what it's worth, I'm in the same mood about the team this week as I was last week, the week before that and etc. This one loss to a good team doesn't change my feelings that we're still a playoff team who's probably a piece or two away from winning it all.

I thought that game was a nailbiter, but I didn't walk away from it feeling any different about our team than I felt any other week. We were one defensive stop, or one less turnover away from winning the game. That was a good team out there, and we just about matched them point for point.

A piece or four....new Dlinemen maybe.

Taco John
10-30-2006, 01:21 PM
No, he just has this lingering archetypal obsession with QB's of Elway's stature. And while all of us appreciate and relish the moments we had watching the greatest of all-time marshall our offense to wins from unfathomable depths, people like Taco John cannot recognize the rarity of such players and appreciate what is here NOW.

Taco John is the typical fan of individual players. He would rather watch individual players display their talents than watch his team win. That's what he appreciates, that's what he wants.

He's not a fan of the Broncos, he's a fan of the idea of great players playing for the Broncos.

I just can't express how lucky we are to have such a talented mind reader as part of the Orange Mane. Kreskin has nothing on you, Llama.

Natedogg
10-30-2006, 01:24 PM
Well I watched the game in moscow over streamtvnow.com with a ****ty internet connection which i had to keep refreshing every 3 minutes. I was certainly pissed/heartbroken/wanted to kill dwill and the dline at the end.

After a day to ponder the game... i agree with taco, peyton manning is the best qb in the league. I also have faith (call me a homer) that next time we play, warren will have a big inpact and the dline will get at least one sack, and if they throw the goddanm ball to dwill 13 times he will get a pic.

That said, i am extremely dissapointed that i didnt at least see him get a deflection. And in this thread, at least, I have see nothing but excuses for dwill. I understand the defense that coyer called put a lot of responsibility on his shoulders. I just thought that by the way he wore a mohawks and acted/talked like deon sanders he was up for it (i had thought that socal's earlier indepth inalasysis was mistaken) Hopefully if we play again, he will man up. If not, our defense is probably, fked for a few years.

EDIT: PS. Yes, please do mock my avatar. I deserve it. I will be changing it soon.

PPS I do still HATE peyton manning

epicSocialism4tw
10-30-2006, 01:27 PM
I just can't express how lucky we are to have such a talented mind reader as part of the Orange Mane. Kreskin has nothing on you, Llama.

No need to read minds. My eyes work just fine.

Here is a great example. This thread. Instead of taking your lumps for your ever-deflecting opinions, you choose to lavish praise on the opponent and particularly just the QB you have always dreamed would exist in Denver.

If enduring a losing season after a conference championship appearance meant that you could end up with Dan Marino and all of the results that he garnered, Im certain that you would choose Marino.

Hulamau
10-30-2006, 01:34 PM
Well I watched the game in moscow over streamtvnow.com with a ****ty internet connection which i had to keep refreshing every 3 minutes. I was certainly pissed/heartbroken/wanted to kill dwill and the dline at the end.

After a day to ponder the game... i agree with taco, peyton manning is the best qb in the league. I also have faith (call me a homer) that next time we play, warren will have a big inpact and the dline will get at least one sack, and if they throw the goddanm ball to dwill 13 times he will get a pic.

That said, i am extremely dissapointed that i didnt at least see him get a deflection. And in this thread, at least, I have see nothing but excuses for dwill. I understand the defense that coyer called put a lot of responsibility on his shoulders. I just thought that by the way he wore a mohawks and acted/talked like deon sanders he was up for it (i had thought that socal's earlier indepth inalasysis was mistaken) Hopefully if we play again, he will man up. If not, our defense is probably, fked for a few years.

EDIT: PS. Yes, please do mock my avatar. I deserve it. I will be changing it soon.

PPS I do still HATE peyton manning

Good post Natedogg, how did you find the game on Streamtvnow.com? I havnet been there yet but am at the airport in Honolulu now getting ready to board to LOOONG flight to London and would give my right arm to be albe to watch the next three games while in Southern England and Wales.

And tips would be msot appreciated by you or anyone else that knows that system while I'm still on this ariport business lounge computer. Thansk t owhomever has thte scoop on how to find the game!

Also Its not that Darrent isnt necessarily 'good enough', I think he is or atleast is on his way to being a great atheletic corner, but its that he is TOO SMALL!

He can handle most run of the mill and even some decent WR with the typical QB but the taller and bigger guys give him trouble and with an accurate QB its tough on anyone and until he domiantes a few of those he will continue to be picked on mercilessly.

Taco John
10-30-2006, 01:45 PM
Here is a great example. This thread. Instead of taking your lumps for your ever-deflecting opinions, you choose to lavish praise on the opponent and particularly just the QB you have always dreamed would exist in Denver.

What, praytell, should I be taking lumps for?

I figure giving credit where it is due *is* taking my lumps.

Mile High Shack
10-30-2006, 01:48 PM
I hear Hollywood is looking to make sequel to Dude, Where's my Car, except this time

they want to portray to bumbling defensive personnel from our favorite team

epicSocialism4tw
10-30-2006, 01:53 PM

Greise is playing in Chicago. Maybe you should sell this site and jump on that bandwagon. Heck, maybe you could just rename the site orangebear.com and darken the blue trim a bit.

Mile High Shack
10-30-2006, 01:57 PM

I think what some people are getting at is....

the offense did all what you asked them to do the previous meetings with the Colts and still the same result, but yet you don't call out the D

you can't hack on Plummer for this loss

so....you go on to pronounce how great payaton is

Taco John
10-30-2006, 01:58 PM
Greise is playing in Chicago. Maybe you should sell this site and jump on that bandwagon. Heck, maybe you could just rename the site orangebear.com and darken the blue trim a bit.

Huh?

So you don't really have an answer to the question? You're just spouting off, reading minds, and being the dramallama that you are.

Hulamau
10-30-2006, 02:01 PM
Huh?

So you don't really have an answer to the question? You're just spouting off, reading minds, and being the dramallama that you are.

What else is new? :spit:

Taco John
10-30-2006, 02:03 PM
I think what some people are getting at is....

the offense did all what you asked them to do the previous meetings with the Colts and still the same result, but yet you don't call out the D

you can't hack on Plummer for this loss

so....you go on to pronounce how great payaton is

So you want me to hack on our defense, the only reason why we've got 5 wins? That's awesome. We lose our first game of the year because of underperformance by our defense, and Popps, Shack and Co are shoving women and children out of the way on their way to the life boats.

Our defense absolutely let us down yesterday. But it wasn't a disaster by a long shot. If we don't turnover the ball, or manage one more stop, we walk out of that game with a win. We got beat by a good team with a great quarterback, and we were in it until the end.

I don't know where anybody got the idea that we're going to beat the Colts every time we face them. We'd beat that team maybe 50% of the time right now. They're not indestructable. We'll have another shot at them.

Natedogg
10-30-2006, 02:07 PM
Good post Natedogg, how did you find the game on Streamtvnow.com? I havnet been there yet but am at the airport in Honolulu now getting ready to board to LOOONG flight to London and would give my right arm to be albe to watch the next three games while in Southern England and Wales.

And tips would be msot appreciated by you or anyone else that knows that system while I'm still on this ariport business lounge computer. Thansk t owhomever has thte scoop on how to find the game!

Also Its not that Darrent isnt necessarily 'good enough', I think he is or atleast is on his way to being a great atheletic corner, but its that he is TOO SMALL!

He can handle most run of the mill and even some decent WR with the typical QB but the taller and bigger guys give him trouble and with an accurate QB its tough on anyone and until he domiantes a few of those he will continue to be picked on mercilessly.

The kicker is having a faste enough conncetion... 1 megabit is no problem... less works, but is annoying.

check out this threat on tenyardtorrents.com http://forums.tenyardtorrents.com/viewtopic.php?id=157

Streamtvnow is usually posts around 8 games a sunday (usually broncos games) but you have to pay 3 euros a month and i dont think they are accepting new members right now.

sopcast is almost guarenteed to have streamed broncos games for free. check out this the link listed above and this site for the specific channel it will be broadcasted on. (you select it after you have dled and installed the program) http://streamednfl.blogspot.com/

post or send me a pm if you need more help.

I have a good feeling we'll get a w next week.

epicSocialism4tw
10-30-2006, 02:07 PM

You and the other single minded chumps on this forum need to be chastised. Consider it medicine.

Taco John
10-30-2006, 02:09 PM
You and the other single minded chumps on this forum need to be chastised. Consider it medicine.

Hilarious!

Coming from one of the most chastized people on the board, you'd be the expert in the field.

Any tips on how to cope? Other than sending endless whiny PMs. I don't want to stoop THAT low.

Hulamau
10-30-2006, 02:10 PM

Got it ?

You may well be right Popps, though I hope not, and the next 4 or five games will likely determine if you are. But if so, and we are shackled with a defense that will get shreaded in the playoffs and a hot and cold offense, you've just made the best argument yet for making best use of our time with the new kid! :-)

Unless folks just want to collect fantasy points and bragging rights about 'their guy' whoemever that may be.

Seriously though, JAke will be the starter unless your point is proven beyond any doubt in the next several games.

They just called my flight ... over and out and Aloha.

Heres hoping for an 8-2 record when I get back!

epicSocialism4tw
10-30-2006, 02:12 PM
Coming from one of the most chastized people on the board, you'd be the expert in the field.
Any tips on how to cope? Other than sending endless whiny PMs. I don't want to stoop THAT low.

You could just hide behind Peyton Manning. I think that you might be able to convince yourself that everything is alright from behind his melon.

Mile High Shack
10-30-2006, 02:13 PM
So you want me to hack on our defense, the only reason why we've got 5 wins? That's awesome. We lose our first game of the year because of underperformance by our defense, and Popps, Shack and Co are shoving women and children out of the way on their way to the life boats.

Our defense absolutely let us down yesterday. But it wasn't a disaster by a long shot. If we don't turnover the ball, or manage one more stop, we walk out of that game with a win. We got beat by a good team with a great quarterback, and we were in it until the end.

I don't know where anybody got the idea that we're going to beat the Colts every time we face them. We'd beat that team maybe 50% of the time right now. They're not indestructable. We'll have another shot at them.

at home, when our offense finally plays good against them, yes, I do expect us to win, but once again

our D takes a big ole crap all over the field when we play a good offense

Taco John
10-30-2006, 02:21 PM
at home, when our offense finally plays good against them, yes, I do expect us to win, but once again our D takes a big ole crap all over the field when we play a good offense

I think you went in with some goofy expectations. The game played out about how I thought it would. I didn't expect we'd hold them to less than 20 points. The game was about what I thought it would be, including the loss (hence, I picked the Colts in pick'em this week).

Again, our defense is the only reason this team has 5 wins at this point. Losing against the Colts this week is hardly the end of the world.

Cito Pelon
10-30-2006, 02:27 PM
You give anyone that amount of time along with the cushion to throw and they can pick apart the defense. Sage Rosenfels could have done a decent job. Our defense played scared all day and it was sickening...

That is also my thoughts right now. Maybe I'll relax a little bit as I read on and see what others have to say. Right now the drumbeat on my mind is - "32 for 39, 32 for 39. 28 points in the 2nd half. 28 points in the 2nd half. Scored on every drive in the second half. Scored on every drive in the 2nd half."

errand
10-30-2006, 02:35 PM
You get any trophies or T-shirts for that win?

TJ or Slap would see to it they got one......

Mile High Shack
10-30-2006, 02:37 PM
I think you went in with some goofy expectations. The game played out about how I thought it would. I didn't expect we'd hold them to less than 20 points. The game was about what I thought it would be, including the loss (hence, I picked the Colts in pick'em this week).

Again, our defense is the only reason this team has 5 wins at this point. Losing against the Colts this week is hardly the end of the world.

you expected Payaton to only miss 7 passes (about 4 of them drops) and their running game to work as well?

if the Titans can hold Payaton under 20 points, why can't we..ya know, if our D is so great and all

Northman
10-30-2006, 02:41 PM
Hilarious!

He sends whiney PM's? :rofl: :giggle:

Cito Pelon
10-30-2006, 02:42 PM
I know, but given the mood around here with a bunch of threads and posts from the "experts" whom I wonder if they even watched the game, I couldnt resist.;D Jake played his ass off today.

I can't blame a certain player or coordinator for this one. We had em where we wanted em, and a couple slips cost us.

AHA! A few posts down, I see someone post that stops that maddening drumbeat a little bit. Man, if the D could have just come up with the few opportunities given them, or not slipped up on a couple of plays, bingo! Another win. Dammit! Got-freaking-dammit! It was so close! I was furious when DW got beat for Indy's last TD, but not because he got beat, but because he closed fast after the stop and go, and all he had to do is turn his head, and he could have intercepted that pass, would have been the play of the game.

Oh yeah, this thread is about Peyton. Good QB. Real good. Gotta hand him some credit. A very good O, period.

errand
10-30-2006, 02:45 PM
if it wasn't for Bettis almost choking and fumbling, it wouldn't of came to that

you can say shoulda, woulda all you want

fact is, some d coordinators know how to beat Payaton, we just don't happen to have one that does

....not to mention some have the front 7 that can beat him, and we evidamndently don't.

errand
10-30-2006, 02:47 PM
Anyone else find it ironic that the one time Jake plays good and we score 30 plus, we lose? I wonder how a 13-3 victory would have felt today?

azbroncfan
10-30-2006, 02:48 PM
I've never seen a more accurate QB or a QB that is better at reading D's. He has the same title now as Elway had early is that he can't win the big one. Manning has several years ahead of him to try and win won and as much as I want him to break every passing record known to man and never even reach the SB, I think he will win one at some point or another.

errand
10-30-2006, 02:48 PM
Think about it, Jake and the O scored twice their per game average, but what good did it do when our D gave up 4 times their per game average?

Northman
10-30-2006, 02:50 PM
I've never seen a more accurate QB or a QB that is better at reading D's. He has the same title now as Elway had early is that he can't win the big one. Manning has several years ahead of him to try and win won and as much as I want him to break every passing record known to man and never even reach the SB, I think he will win one at some point or another.

Yea, he looked awesome out there. I get tired of hearing about him but i can appreciate the hard work he puts in to get in sync with his receivers and his commercials make me laugh my ass off. Overall, he is a good guy and a HOF Qb.

errand
10-30-2006, 02:52 PM
I'm really suprised TJ hasn't posted something to the tune of how our O cost us the game by going 3 and out once or twice.

Pick Six
10-30-2006, 02:54 PM
Anyone else find it ironic that the one time Jake plays good and we score 30 plus, we lose? I wonder how a 13-3 victory would have felt today?

I, for one, would be ecstatic. We would have the #1 seed in the AFC if the season ended today. However, that wouldn't do for people on the Mane in love with QB stats...

Tredici
10-30-2006, 02:54 PM
Just think how proud we could be of our offense if the Colt defense was any good...

Northman
10-30-2006, 02:57 PM
Just think how proud we could be of our offense if the Colt defense was any good...

Good point.

Cito Pelon
10-30-2006, 03:01 PM

During Denver's tieing field goal drive, maybe Denver can run the clock all the way down to tie or take the lead with a TD, and I see a sideline shot of Manning, and he's sitting on the bench, flipping through the Polaroids, flipping through the Polaroids. Never looks up. Total concentration. Very impressive. This guy has to be knocked silly to avoid a 300 yd game and at least one TD pass.

Popps
10-30-2006, 03:08 PM
That is also my thoughts right now. Maybe I'll relax a little bit as I read on and see what others have to say. Right now the drumbeat on my mind is - "32 for 39, 32 for 39. 28 points in the 2nd half. 28 points in the 2nd half. Scored on every drive in the second half. Scored on every drive in the 2nd half."

Duuuuuude! Chill out. We lost! Maybe you didn't get the memo.

See, had we won... this would be a day of great sorrow around here. But, we failed a test we've been preparing for (for three years) miserably.

Don't bog yourself down with those details from the game. We lost, and that's what's important... so keep your head up.

Here...... this will help:

http://www.manningpassingacademy.com/images/peyton_bio.jpg

He's AWESOME!!!

Northman
10-30-2006, 03:10 PM

See, had we won... this would be a day of great sorrow around here. But, we failed a test we've been preparing for (for three years) miserably.

Don't bog yourself down with those details from the game. We lost, and that's what's important... so keep your head up.

He's AWESOME!!!

I didnt realize playing the Colts in the regular season constituted as our Super Bowl. Your starting to sound like a Chef fan now. Hilarious!

errand
10-30-2006, 03:13 PM

They're probably saying the same thing on a Colt's board somewhere......

Popps
I didnt realize playing the Colts in the regular season constituted as our Super Bowl. Your starting to sound like a Chef fan now. Hilarious!

Really, I said it was the Superbowl? You'll have to show me that.

That said, the entire organization and everyone in the free press will tell you that this defense was constructed over the past three years almost solely with the idea of stopping this exact thing in mind. So, forgive us misguided non-Manning fans who were a little put off by our total failure.

Hey, what am I worried about...

http://www.imgspeakers.com/_images/news/ManningPeyton2.06-WithFootball.jpg

HE'S AWESOME!!

Cito Pelon

Yeah. Something that really pissed me off was the ST's didn't . . . . Oh, yeah this is a Peyton thread. Great QB. But 32 for 39? That's dang pathetic if you're a D player for the Broncos, I'm sorry. And he had 2-3 blatant drops.

Taco John
10-30-2006, 03:16 PM

He's AWESOME!!!

"Get out of may way! Where are the lifeboats! Move kid! This ship is going dooooown!"

ZachKC
10-30-2006, 03:17 PM
Average seems to mean middle of the pack, some think Denver's defense is average. This is one of the better cases of message board sports fan lack of perspective.

Lets not even go middle of the pack.

Name seven defenses better than Denver's Shack.

ZachKC
10-30-2006, 03:18 PM
They're probably saying the same thing on a Colt's board somewhere......
Message board culture...its an amazing thing. Some in this thread have such an inability to look at the big picture that I am defending the Broncos.

Northman
10-30-2006, 03:19 PM

That said, the entire organization and everyone in the free press will tell you that this defense was constructed over the past three years almost solely with the idea of stopping this exact thing in mind. So, forgive us misguided non-Manning fans who were a little put off by our total failure.

HE'S AWESOME!!

You crack me up man. Jake absolutely stinks up the joint in St. Louis and you werent angry one bit. But the defense gets crushed by one of the best offenses in the league and your all up in arms about it. Amazing. Guess what man? We are 5-2 with a lot of football left. And besides, we lost by 3 not 31 like in previous outings with them so you have to give the team some credit. We are almost there bro. How you like my reverse psychology? :welcome:

Taco John
10-30-2006, 03:21 PM
Average seems to mean middle of the pack, some think Denver's defense is average. This is one of the better cases of message board sports fan lack of perspective.

There aren't even 5. But that's not going to stop these guys from throwing them under any bus they can. They've had to defense Plummer's poor performance for 8 weeks now, and now there is defensive blood in the water and they're ready for some revenge.

Northman
10-30-2006, 03:22 PM
There aren't even 5. But that's not going to stop these guys from throwing them under any bus they can.

Whats even funnier is the quote that we have built this team to play the colts. I guess we should have been building for the Steelers cause they whooped us too last year. Maybe instead of obsessing on one team we can just take it week by week like the team is. :thumbs:

azbroncfan
10-30-2006, 03:23 PM

Pitt, SD, CHI, Balt, TB's is arguably better, PHI, Dal.

rbackfactory80
10-30-2006, 03:24 PM

HE'S AWESOME!!

Popps you couldn't be more wrong. In the playoffs in 04 he went 27-33, now he went 32-39. He actually had one more incomplete pass. I guess the defensive moves have paid off.

ZachKC
10-30-2006, 03:24 PM
There aren't even 5. But that's not going to stop these guys from throwing them under any bus they can. They've had to defense Plummer's poor performance for 8 weeks now, and now there is defensive blood in the water and they're ready for some revenge.

I agree...I am excited for this list...

Taco John
10-30-2006, 03:26 PM
Whats even funnier is the quote that we have built this team to play the colts. I guess we should have been building for the Steelers cause they whooped us too last year. Maybe instead of obsessing on one team we can just take it week by week like the team is. :thumbs:

I shouldn't be suprised at the "this is our Superbowl" mentality that has gripped the fan base. I'll happily talk people off the ledge though. Our defense is the only reason we've got 5 wins, and they just played the best quarterback in the game today. This is hardly the end of the world.

Northman
10-30-2006, 03:27 PM

Pitt? NO
SD? NO
Chi? YES
Balt? NO
TB? Maybe
PHi? Maybe
Dal? YES

Taco John
10-30-2006, 03:28 PM

Tampa Bay, Philly, and Dallas? What a joke.

Tampa Bay gave up 27 points to the Ravens. Philly gave up 27 to New Orleans. Dallas gave up 36 to the Giants.

Northman
10-30-2006, 03:29 PM
I shouldn't be suprised at the "this is our Superbowl" mentality that has gripped the fan base. I'll happily talk people off the ledge though. Our defense is the only reason we've got 5 wins, and they just played the best quarterback in the game today. This is hardly the end of the world.

Agreed. God forbid we beat squads like Baltimore and New England. None of those defensive games means anything cause its all about the Colts who we never even faced last year.

azbroncfan
10-30-2006, 03:36 PM
Tampa Bay, Philly, and Dallas? What a joke.

Tampa Bay gave up 27 points to the Ravens. Philly gave up 27 to New Orleans. Dallas gave up 36 to the Giants.

Yeah I could be off with TB or PHI, Dal does have a good D and I didn't mention NE or Jax.

errand
10-30-2006, 03:40 PM
You crack me up man. Jake absolutely stinks up the joint in St. Louis and you werent angry one bit. But the defense gets crushed by one of the best offenses in the league and your all up in arms about it. Amazing. :

Well, we won't be playing the Rams again unless they make it to the bowl...and the road to the bowl runs through Indianapolis this year.

Northman
10-30-2006, 03:43 PM
Well, we won't be playing the Rams again unless they make it to the bowl...and the road to the bowl runs through Indianapolis this year.

Just like last year right? oh wait............

Alkazar
10-30-2006, 03:53 PM

While I agree that this game was just a hiccup for our D, we proved in the first half that Peyton and the Colts can be stopped. We just didn't adjust like we should have. Its just all this jock worship over a Marino clone that gets to me. Peyton will probably continue to bust some records but will never be able to lead a team effectively to the big prize. What I've seen on this thead looks like more than "paying respects", looks more like hero worship. I realize it ain't just you, but I have to disagree with your earlier statement, Peyton didn't single-handedly defeat us, our D laid down in the second half and let him beat us.

Cito Pelon
10-30-2006, 04:12 PM
Denver is a good overall team. They're not quite a team that can dominate in three phases. You don't have to dominate in all three phases at all times, but at certain points against tough opponents, you have to have some domination in stretches. Denver isn't quite there yet. For instance, Denver's D is giving up yards and points Sunday, the ST's didn't step up to fill the gap, and at the same time Denver's O goes three and out to open the 3rd Q, a fumble because they couldn't protect Plummer on the very next drive. That 3rd Q into the beginning of the 4th was all three phases not playing well at the same time. That's not gonna get it done against the toughest opponents like Indy.

That was not a good 2nd half, folks, when the team needed a good 2nd half. Got outscored 28-17. On the other hand, dammit the team was so close to pulling this one out. Have to get that little bit better. The team isn't there yet. Nice to see Scheffler and Kircus make some plays. Nice to see MB play so damn hard in the biggest game of his young career. That guy stepped up. Nice to see Jake play with authority.

Cito Pelon
10-30-2006, 04:17 PM
Just rewatching the game, and Denver up 28-23 with 6:54 left, and I know what happens after this - Indy outscores Denver 11-3.

So stinking close, but the team gets outscored 11-3 with 7 stinking minutes left in the stinking game. If Denver plays a three-phase game at home in those final 7 minutes, Denver is 6-1. DAMMMMMMMMMMMMITTTTTTTTTTTT!

Taco John
10-30-2006, 04:25 PM
We just didn't adjust like we should have. ...our D laid down in the second half and let him beat us.

I disagree. From my understanding, our defense actually did make adjustments, and Manning reacted to those adjustments to the benefit of his team.

As far as worshipping a Marino clone, Marino wasn't half bad himself. I think Manning deserves the respect he gets. He's easily the best quarterback in the league today.

Alkazar
10-30-2006, 04:29 PM
I disagree. From my understanding, our defense actually did make adjustments, and Manning reacted to those adjustments to the benefit of his team.

As far as worshipping a Marino clone, Marino wasn't half bad himself. I think Manning deserves the respect he gets. He's easily the best quarterback in the league today.

I just can't agree that it wasn't our D. I constantly saw poor to sh*tty tackling through our the game and out vaunted front four couldn't get any pressure on Manning at all. If there were adjustments made, I couldn't see them and neither, apparently, could anyone else.

Taco John
10-30-2006, 04:31 PM
If there were adjustments made, I couldn't see them and neither, apparently, could anyone else.

:rofl: