1/2 c. olive oil
2 T. cajun or creole seasoning
2 T. fresh lemon juice
2 T. fresh chopped parsley
1 lb. uncooked large shrimp, shelled and deveined
1 T. honey
1 T. soy sauce
Pinch of cayenne pepper

Combine all ingredients except shrimp in 9 X 13 baking pan. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Refrigerate 1 hour. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Bake 10 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through...stirring occasionally. Garnish with lemon.

Sassy
10-27-2006, 10:07 PM
Grilled Salmon
Submitted By: Sassy

Salmon
Grey Poupon Mustard
2 T. Butter
1/2 C. Rum
1 C. Brown Sugar

Place Salmon (whole) and skin side down on greased foil. Brush with Grey Poupon Mustard. Let stand 1 hour. Make sauce and baste often while grilling. Grill 5 minutes per lb.

Sassy
10-27-2006, 10:17 PM
Seafood Marinade For Grill

Ingredients:
fish -- salmon,
swordfish -- shark or
kabobs made of shrimp
OR scallops or
mixture with above
juice 3 lemons
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup fresh snipped dill
1/4 teaspoon salt
fresh ground pepper -- (to
taste)
1 clove garlic -- minced
(optional)

Instructions:
Mix all ingredients well. Marinade fish 2 hours in refrigerator. Place fish on hot grill 8 to 14 minutes per side depending on thickness. Baste with marinade.

Sassy
10-27-2006, 10:20 PM
Shrimp On The Grill

Ingredients:
1/4 cup tarragon vinegar
1 minced shallots -- up to 2
1 clove minced Garlic -- up to 2
2 tablespoon Dijon mustard -- up to 3
juice from 1-2 lemons
salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
optional: Texas Pete or Tabasco Sauce

Instructions:
Put all ingredients in blender and whiz until smooth. In a large measuring cup, combine 1/2 cup each vegetable oil and virgin olive oil. With the blender running SLOWLY pour in the mixed 1 cup of oil. The object is to incorporate the oil into a creamy emulsion. You may need to stop and burp the air/pooled oil from the blender. Peel and clean 1 pound of shrimp and place in a ceramic bowl. Pour marinade over shrimp. Add some chopped fresh parsley, about 1 cup. For dried parsley use 1/4 cup. Marinate overnight in refrigerator, or 1-2 hours on counter. Cover with plastic wrap. When ready to grill, thread onto Bamboo skewers that have been soaked. Grill 3-4 minutes per side, depending on size of shrimp.

Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Shrimp

1 lb. jumbo shrimp (26 to 30 per lb), peeled and deveined
1 lb. sliced bacon strips, cut in half
2 large jalapeno peppers, cut in thin strips
skewers or toothpick
Mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese, cut in thin sticks
juice of one small lime

Lay bacon slices between two paper towels and place on a microwave safe dish. Microwave on High for five minutes or until half cooked (time may vary according to microwave wattage).

Butterfly the peeled and deveined shrimp and toss with lime juice. Place strips of jalapeno and sticks of cheese across each shrimp and roll from tail end.

Wrap shrimp roll with one-half strip of bacon; secure with skewers.

Grill over medium coals or mesquite until shrimp turns pink and bacon is done, about 2 to 4 minutes per side.

Sassy
10-27-2006, 10:36 PM
Steamed Alaskan King Crab Legs
Submitted By: TailgateNut

Several pounds of Legs
Stick of salted butter per ea two pounds of legs
cup of sweet white wine per ea two pounds of legs

Wrap those suckers in heavy foil, place on grill over medium heat!
Put the butter and wine in a small foil pan and heat until melted.

Break 'em open and drown them in the wine sauce and enjoy!

Meck77
01-31-2007, 06:32 PM
Not really tailgate food but man I've been killing some sushi grade tuna lately. Forget the rice and all the fancy stuff.

Get a nice chunk of sushi grade tuna
Cut into small pieces
Hit it with lime, sea salt, touch of wasabi, ginger

Wash down with an ice cold beer

Doesn't hurt to have a half dozen premium oysters laying around either. Lately my shop has been shipping in Malpecs. I like to marinate them in a ponzu sauce for about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with sea salt/lime/touch of chives and pop em down the hatch.

I dig steaks and such but you just can't beat the right grade/fresh/raw seafood.

Anyone else out there into the raw slimy stuff?

Master___Pain
01-31-2007, 07:45 PM
Meck...here's a great Ahi Poke (not quite the traditional hawaiian way) recipe.

Sashimi grade Ahi tune cut in 1/4 inch cubes (half pound or so)
Soy sauce
siracha (spicy red pepper sauce)
http://www.ikoreaplaza.com/ikp/assets/product_images/KPSM08SP024A1.jpg
chopped scallions (green onions)
one avocado, cut into 1/4 cubes
Sesame Oil
Sea Salt

Cut the Tuna (be delicate with the fish, dont want to handle it too much) scallions and avocado in like sizes. Add into a large bowl.
Add in soy sauce, sriracha and sesame oil to taste and to lightly coat the solid ingredients
sprinkle a little sea salt in

I usually use a water cracker or rice cracker and put the Poke on top.

Meck77
01-31-2007, 08:04 PM
Right on MP. I definetly dig the siracha! That stuff rules.

zdoor
01-31-2007, 08:56 PM
I eat just about anything Seafood and love sushi and raw product. I own a wholesale seafood company that supplies restaurants, Sushi bars and Grocery stores on the Central Coast of California. I've got a ton of Recipes that are from our Restaurant Customers, we use in the local grocery chains as promotional material and such I'll post them from work tomorrow.

Meck do you like BBQ'd Oysters's as well as Raw. They're awesome for tialgating. You use a large Pacific Oyster such as a Fanny Bay, Malaspina, Chef Creek Etc, and put them cup side (the round part of the shell) down on the grill, wait till the just open and cover them with a little butter, garlic and white wine. They're easy and great...

Not really tailgate food but man I've been killing some sushi grade tuna lately. Forget the rice and all the fancy stuff.

Cut into small pieces

Doesn't hurt to have a half dozen premium oysters laying around either. Lately my shop has been shipping in Malpecs. I like to marinate them in a ponzu sauce for about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with sea salt/lime/touch of chives and pop em down the hatch.

I dig steaks and such but you just can't beat the right grade/fresh/raw seafood.

Meck77
01-31-2007, 09:14 PM
Meck do you like BBQ'd Oysters's as well as Raw. They're awesome for tialgating. You use a large Pacific Oyster such as a Fanny Bay, Malaspina, Chef Creek Etc, and put them cup side (the round part of the shell) down on the grill, wait till the just open and cover them with a little butter, garlic and white wine. They're easy and great...

Hmm never BBQ an oyster before but what the heck I'll give it a try.

You know I've searched far and wide to try and find a decent website where I could order some oysters from but I can't seem to find any that are good deals when you add it the shipping.

Could you recommend any decent websites for the average joe like myself who eats alot of seafood?

I have one good butcher/seafood shop in my new hometown but I'm somewhat limited on my oyster selection at times.

zdoor
01-31-2007, 09:28 PM
It's hard to find anywhere reasonable. Shipping is brutal from just about everywhere. We have a website at www.ccseafood.com we are redoing right now. It's kind of old and outdated but should be much better in a couple months. It's not really geared for retail though. I can ship you just about any type of Seafood item you can think of and it would be wholesale but the shipping is still ridiculous and we don't mark it up.

Oh and I totally forgot there is some Recipes on our website also...

Master___Pain
01-31-2007, 09:31 PM
It's hard to find anywhere reasonable. Shipping is brutal from just about everywhere. We have a website at www.ccseafood.com we are redoing right now. It's kind of old and outdated but should be much better in a couple months. It's not really geared for retail though. I can ship you just about any type of Seafood item you can think of and it would be wholesale but the shipping is still ridiculous and we don't mark it up.

Oh and I totally forgot there is some Recipes on our website also...

So I assume you can get all the great Hawaiian fish when they are in season..like Ono, Opakapaka, butterfish, etc? Yum.

*edit...looks like you have those and many more on your site.

zdoor
01-31-2007, 09:36 PM
So I assume you can get all the great Hawaiian fish when they are in season..like Ono, Opakapaka, butterfish, etc? Yum.

Yes, Ono and Opaka I have pretty regularly as it is available out of several different spots like Fiji and Tonga as well as Hawaii and several others. Butterfish I don't usually bring in as we have a local fish which is similar called Blackcod and I handle that for most of the sushi bars.

Sassy
01-31-2007, 09:43 PM
Can't handle seafood/sushi...although, I do like Salmon and meck grill's a mean crab! LOL!

Oh yeah...Hogan got me to try crab cakes in Diego at Anthony's...I can handle that!

zdoor
01-31-2007, 09:49 PM
Can't handle seafood/sushi...although, I do like Salmon and meck grill's a mean crab! LOL!

Oh yeah...Hogan got me to try crab cakes in Diego at Anthony's...I can handle that!

Sushi is not for everyone. But, we've gone out with a lot of different people who hadn't tried and thought they didn't like Sushi and changed their mind quickly. Usually if you go with someone who knows wht to order for a newb you can "break in gently" and you might find you really like it. I eat a lot of it and there are still some things I don't like...But many of the things I eat regularly now I didn't think I liked when I first tried them.

Meck77
01-31-2007, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the link Zdoor. I added it to my favorites for future reference.

Let me ask you this. Oysters in a jar. I haven't had the guts to go down that road. Just doesn't seem right.

Do they taste as good? Are those meant to be cooked and not eaten raw?

zdoor
01-31-2007, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the link Zdoor. I added it to my favorites for future reference.

Let me ask you this. Oysters in a jar. I haven't had the guts to go down that road. Just doesn't seem right.

Do they taste as good? Are those meant to be cooked and not eaten raw?
Most often they are cooked. You could eat them raw but they are nowhere near as good as fresh shucked Oysters. We sell alot of jars to retailers, but when I bring home Oysters I always bring live and shuck them here....

zdoor
02-01-2007, 06:27 PM
Heres a few

zdoor
02-01-2007, 06:29 PM
More

zdoor
02-01-2007, 06:31 PM
More...

zdoor
02-01-2007, 06:34 PM
Last one. We also have a newsletter with some that goes into a few retail chains in California but the file is too big and I don't know how to shrink a PDF. If you want it email me and I'll send it to you...

TailgateNut
02-01-2007, 06:51 PM

Cut into small pieces

I"ve been known to become friends with the best shuckers along the coasts, and if need be, can break out my ol' trusty oyster knife. Love those slimy little suckers.

ak1971
02-01-2007, 07:25 PM
can you get me one of these?

zdoor
02-01-2007, 08:36 PM
can you get me one of these?

I can't tell what it is from that pic??

ak1971
02-01-2007, 08:43 PM
I can't tell what it is from that pic??

Its a blowfish.

all kinding aside..I think my favorite shushi is a 'shrimp boat'

its a piece of shrimp butterfly'd so it looks like a boat.

a quail egg yoke with a little smelt egg. on top.

add a little tabasco and yum yum

zdoor
02-01-2007, 08:53 PM
Its a blowfish.

all kinding aside..I think my favorite shushi is a 'shrimp boat'

its a piece of shrimp butterfly'd so it looks like a boat.

a quail egg yoke with a little smelt egg. on top.

add a little tabasco and yum yum

That sounds excellent. A local favorite in California is a spot prawn done pretty much the same way minus the tabasco. They're excellent and very sweet.

ak1971
02-02-2007, 10:37 AM
That sounds excellent. A local favorite in California is a spot prawn done pretty much the same way minus the tabasco. They're excellent and very sweet.

My favorite Sushi joint used to be Gen Kai in Corona Del Mar, however I think Sushi Den here in Denver pretty much blows that away and is probably hand down one of the best.

If you are in Denver check out Shushi Den's private room, it rocks

http://www.sushiden.net/vip.php?table=denchu

TailgateNut
02-02-2007, 10:51 AM
My favorite Sushi joint used to be Gen Kai in Corona Del Mar, however I think Sushi Den here in Denver pretty much blows that away and is probably hand down one of the best.

Eating bait is just not my thing! I'll bring some raw fish to the tailgater for YOU next season, that's if you bring the wine!:wiggle:

ak1971
02-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Its all about the wine!

Sassy
02-02-2007, 05:53 PM
We need a wine thread!

WoodMan
02-02-2007, 06:33 PM
We eat alot of fish. My wife has many good recipes but we love to grill it mostly. Medium heat bed of charcoal, marinate the fish fillets for about an hour (usually salmon, halibut, snapper, or seabass) in Paul Newmans Italian dressing and then put it directly on the grill for about 3 to 5 minutes a side. Turn it carefully and only once as the fish will break apart if you're not careful. It turns out very good. Works very well with skewered shrimp also.

Trout we usually cook as a Trout Almandine. Works well with rainbows, browns or brookies, but also with the sea going trout like specs.

Since Katrina displaced us we haven't had many oysters, but I learned to like them on the half-shell. Barbqued are really good too. I have had some great flash fried oysters in Florida before but wasn't crazy about the way they fried them in Mississippi. the breading was as heavy as the people.

Sassy
04-04-2007, 12:43 AM
I want to try grilling some tilapia for Easter....
Any suggestions???
(Healthy please!) Thanks!

bendog
04-04-2007, 11:21 AM
I grilled fresh talapia once, but imo it wasn't as firm as salmon or tuna, but more importantly the flavor was sort of neutral, unlike salmon or tuna, and I'm not experienced with marinades and fish, so I've stuck with baking and pannaying. But, then again, if one seasoned the talapia ... I found this on foodtv.com, and the jamacian jerk marinade might just do the trick.

Spicy Grilled Tilapia with Creamy Grits and Mushroom Scallion Sauce Recipe courtesy Saptosa Foster, Atlanta, Georgia, 1st Place Entree
Show: Food Network Specials
Episode: Challenge: Food Network Super Seafood Grill-Off

Mushroom Scallion Sauce:
1 tablespoon butter
2 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms (cremini)
1/2 cup sliced scallions
1/4 cup white wine
1/2 pint heavy cream
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Salt and black pepper
Grits:
5 cups milk
1 cup quick-cooking grits
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Grilled Broccoli and Carrots:
1 large bunch broccoli, sliced lengthwise (with stalks and florets intact)
1 bunch whole carrots, tops removed, sliced lengthwise
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper

Tilapia:
6 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
1/3 cup Jamaican jerk seasoning marinade

Mushroom Scallion Sauce: Melt butter in a large saute pan. Saute mushrooms and scallions for about 3 minutes. Stir in wine and heavy cream. Season with garlic powder, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Stir until sauce thickens slightly. Keep warm until ready to serve.
Grits: Bring milk to a boil. Gradually whisk in grits, butter, salt, and pepper. Stir constantly for about 3 to 5 minutes until grits thicken to desired consistency. Keep warm until ready to serve.

Grilled Broccoli and Carrots: Heat grill to medium. Toss broccoli and carrots in olive oil and season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Grill vegetables for about 6 minutes or until tender, turning them once halfway through. If room allows, grill tilapia at same time.

Tilapia: Heat grill to medium. Rinse and dry fillets and then rub with jerk seasoning. Grill tilapia for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove from heat.

Plate entree by spooning grits on center of plate. Lay tilapia on top of grits. Lay the carrot slices on top of fish in a criss-cross manner and place broccoli stalk on the side of fish. Top with mushroom scallion sauce and serve immediately.

A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.

Other Recipes from this Episode
Red Pepper Frutti di Mare

btw, I'm a big fan of talapia. First, it's raised in the US. Second, if raised properly, the fish eat vegetation which their own waste causes to grow. Thus, if properly raised, talapia don't have commercial feed and antibiotics. The question of course is "who raised the fish."

This brings up a moral question that's been troubling me. The largest supplier of frozen fish here is aqua star. I read an article in natl geographic from last winter about how workers processing fish in N. China are treated. They must leave their children behind in their villages with relatives, and then live in cold dormatories, working long hours and are underfed. The couple in the natl geog article described how they cry when they leave their child during their once per year visit, and how they just try not to think of her during the year. I notice Aqua Star has a processign facility right there. Not owned by aqua star itself (of course it isn't) but more an independent contractor.

This sucks. But, without aqua star, these people would have even less. I need a frozen salmon filet for a brunch we're gonna do after my daughter has a church thing next month. Buy it, and get over it? Or find something else for the brunch?

Sassy
04-04-2007, 11:54 AM
Fresh salmon vs. farm raised is the best!

Garcia Bronco
04-04-2007, 01:51 PM
Spicy Baked Shrimp

4 Servings...

1/2 c. olive oil
2 T. fresh lemon juice
1 T. honey
1 T. soy sauce
Pinch of cayenne pepper

Combine all ingredients except shrimp in 9 X 13 baking pan. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Refrigerate 1 hour. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Bake 10 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through...stirring occasionally. Garnish with lemon.

When you say shelled....does that mean with the shells still on them?

Sassy
04-04-2007, 06:14 PM
No Shells!
Garcia...are you cooking? ;D

Sassy
04-05-2007, 10:13 AM
Anymore ideas?
Maybe I'll just grill it with some cajun seasoning!

Garcia Bronco
04-06-2007, 01:10 AM
No Shells!
Garcia...are you cooking? ;D

I can cook...but I don't bake

Sassy
04-06-2007, 01:25 AM
I cheated :(
I didn't like what they had for fresh fish so I bought frozen
chili-lime talapia.

zdoor
04-06-2007, 10:46 AM
Sorry it's probably too late but here's a great recipe for a Shrimp encrusted Halibut.

Master___Pain
04-06-2007, 01:37 PM
Yo Z....I've been meaning to ask you this. I'm in Colorado Springs and I'm always looking for good fresh fish and have kind of settled in to Whole Foods. I know it's probably not the best place to be getting my fish from but I'm not sure of my alternatives. Do you or any one you supply to deal with any local fish markets here? I know it's a strange question to ask some one in CA, but you are in the fish business so I figured I'd take a shot.

Old Dude
04-06-2007, 05:39 PM
A little O/T but I felt the need to quote Woody Allen somewhere:

"I will not eat oysters. I want my food dead. Not sick -- not wounded -- dead."

zdoor
04-07-2007, 12:19 PM
Yo Z....I've been meaning to ask you this. I'm in Colorado Springs and I'm always looking for good fresh fish and have kind of settled in to Whole Foods. I know it's probably not the best place to be getting my fish from but I'm not sure of my alternatives. Do you or any one you supply to deal with any local fish markets here? I know it's a strange question to ask some one in CA, but you are in the fish business so I figured I'd take a shot.

Sorry I don't know any suppliers in Colorado. I'm very familiar with Whole Foods in CA. I supply several stores and a good friend of mine who owns Superior Seafoods supply's the majority. In Ca. Whole Foods does one of the better jobs among grocery retailers. Can't speak for the shops in Colorado though. Generally specialized fish markets are always the best choice but they vary greatly depoending on ownership. Trust your eyes and nose when choosing fresh fish, generally they won't steer you wrong.

Master___Pain
04-09-2007, 02:55 PM
Sorry I don't know any suppliers in Colorado. I'm very familiar with Whole Foods in CA. I supply several stores and a good friend of mine who owns Superior Seafoods supply's the majority. In Ca. Whole Foods does one of the better jobs among grocery retailers. Can't speak for the shops in Colorado though. Generally specialized fish markets are always the best choice but they vary greatly depoending on ownership. Trust your eyes and nose when choosing fresh fish, generally they won't steer you wrong.

Cool, I had to take a shot and ask the OM expert. I used to work at Roy's restaurants and worked briefly in the kitchen so I got used to seeing great fish every day. I think I know what is good quality. There's a little fresh meat and fish market that opened just block away from my office. They seem to have pretty good fish, I got some sashimi quality Ahi from them last week that I made into sushi. It was very good. Problem is, they don't get the Hawaiian fish that I like some much like Opah, Opakapaka and Ono very often. Then again, even when I was in San Diego those fish were not that common to find in the local markets unless the market was calling me letting me know they had it.

zdoor
04-10-2007, 12:29 PM
Cool, I had to take a shot and ask the OM expert. I used to work at Roy's restaurants and worked briefly in the kitchen so I got used to seeing great fish every day. I think I know what is good quality. There's a little fresh meat and fish market that opened just block away from my office. They seem to have pretty good fish, I got some sashimi quality Ahi from them last week that I made into sushi. It was very good. Problem is, they don't get the Hawaiian fish that I like some much like Opah, Opakapaka and Ono very often. Then again, even when I was in San Diego those fish were not that common to find in the local markets unless the market was calling me letting me know they had it.

I carry all the species you mentioned. I can ship to you if you like but the freight expense is outrageous. It will run you as much if not more than the seafood...

Master___Pain
04-10-2007, 05:26 PM
I carry all the species you mentioned. I can ship to you if you like but the freight expense is outrageous. It will run you as much if not more than the seafood...

I appreciate the offer, but as you said the cost is pretty ridiculous once the shipping is factored in. When I get out to Hawaii and Cali, I can get these fish. It's more of a treat that way.

Z, I have to ask, where'd you get you old time pic in your avatar taken? My gal and I have been looking all over for those. They used to seem to be very common, but now not so much. When I was a kid I had them done at Sea Port Village in San Diego.

TailgateNut
04-10-2007, 05:29 PM
I appreciate the offer, but as you said the cost is pretty ridiculous once the shipping is factored in. When I get out to Hawaii and Cali, I can get these fish. It's more of a treat that way.

Z, I have to ask, where'd you get you old time pic in your avatar taken? My gal and I have been looking all over for those. They used to seem to be very common, but now not so much. When I was a kid I had them done at Sea Port Village in San Diego.

MP, you can get one down ( or up for you) at Heritage Square in Golden.

Master___Pain
04-10-2007, 05:45 PM
MP, you can get one down ( or up for you) at Heritage Square in Golden.

Nice! We'll have to go check it out. It's a silly thing, but we both want to get one done. I appreciate the heads up.

TailgateNut
04-10-2007, 06:10 PM
Nice! We'll have to go check it out. It's a silly thing, but we both want to get one done. I appreciate the heads up.

The lady who runs the studio down there does a great job and the prices are reasonable.

zdoor
04-10-2007, 06:48 PM

That one was done at the Mid State Fair. Sounds like you got a spot now though...

Arkansas Bronco
07-06-2007, 05:42 PM
I want to try grilling some tilapia for Easter....
Any suggestions???
(Healthy please!) Thanks!

Sorry to respond to it so late. Grilling tillapia can be pretty simple just use blackening seasoning and salt get a piece of aluminum foil spray with pam lay it on the grill and put your fish on it. I have tried other stuff and more complicated that is just a quick meal takes about 5 minute prep time.

Patriots4ever
07-12-2007, 08:51 PM
You would love my New England Clambake.

INGREDIENTS:

* 1 cup cooked, flaked lobster, I use a 2lbs lobster
* 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
* 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
* 1/3 cup mayonnaise, or to moisten
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* dash pepper
* mixed salad greens
* 1 avocado, peeled, quartered

PREPARATION:
Sprinkle lobster with lemon juice. Ad celery, salt and pepper. Gently stir in mayonnaise; chill thoroughly. Brush avocados with lemon juice. Arrange lobster salad on mixed greens with a wedge of avocado.

I don't really like dealing with the lobster itself, I'd rather do it this way. Plus, you minimize the mess by preparing the lobster in this fashion. You're welcome to come over any time. ;)

Along with clam chowder, shrimp cocktail (not the puny ones, the big boy ones), corn on the cob, mussels boiled in salt water, and Sam Adams galore.

I usually do this spread 1 time per year for it is expensive. It's well worth it though, especially if the Pats win. :)

Sassy
07-15-2007, 12:41 PM
I'm not all that big on seafood...but that recipe sounds pretty good!

TailgateNut
08-06-2007, 10:48 AM
Crab Cakes a la TGN

Three to four cups Crab meat ( gotta use Blue crab or you're on your own)
1/3 cup diced sweet onion
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
3 heaping soup spoons of Miracle Whip
2 eggs ( beat into submission)
dash of black pepper
1 to 1-1/2 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
1 clove garlic minced
2 teasspoons prepared mustard

Crushed "Ritz" crackers.

Combine all ingredients (except crackers) in a large bowl. Add enough "cracker crumbs" to allow shaping of the crab meat.

Heat a couple of tablespoons Canola oil in a frying pan over medium heat.

Coat crabcake with "cracker crumbs" and fry for 3-4 min each side.

Vladimir
08-07-2007, 06:23 AM
Seafood ;(

isnt that for raider fans??? :D

TailgateNut
08-07-2007, 10:10 AM
Seafood ;(

isnt that for raider fans??? :D

Say WHAAAT?

Bread and water is for raider fans.

Meck77
08-07-2007, 04:09 PM
Man I was going to cook some salmon I bought from the store yesterday and when I read the fine print it said "Farm raised color added" ? WTF color added?

Should have grabbed the sockeye instead. That chunk is going in the compost pile.

Sassy
08-07-2007, 05:46 PM
Yuck...you need fresh caught salmon...if you're grilling...we're coming over!

I'd take it back!

Los Broncos
08-07-2007, 11:35 PM
Spicy Baked Shrimp

4 Servings...

1/2 c. olive oil
2 T. fresh lemon juice
1 T. honey
1 T. soy sauce
Pinch of cayenne pepper

Sounds good

Being from SoCal, im a big fish eater

I make my own Ceviche

MileHighMagic
12-23-2008, 02:13 PM
If you're ever in Vegas, go to the sushi place at Caesars. It is unbelievably good.

Try the tuna tataki.

Sassy
01-04-2009, 10:20 PM
Seafood...."Anthony's" San Diego...Yum! ;D

Salmon tortellini and a good glass of cabernet...or two...or three ;D

CHEF LUIGI
11-15-2013, 08:45 AM
farm raised salmon is not a smart choice for so many resons. farmed trout is OK. scottish salmon is sort of "free range' natural habitat but penned in.
Ian anderson, the front man/ flutist for jethro tull was at the forefront of this fishery dynamic.